Legend of the Seeker

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Legend of the Seeker

Post by Janetfl »

Hi there,

I don't normally start threads like this but I was wondering if I was alone in my obsession with this show. It's not out in the UK unless you have Sky and the Sci-Fi channel, so I resorted to watching it on the net. Now apparently this show is nationally syndicated in America, whatever that means, but I've not heard too many people talking about it.

I can't wait for it to come out on national television over here and will re-watch all the episodes to get the full effect. The fight scenes are amazing, some of the storylines can be a little far fetched but we're are talking about wizards and magic ... so I guess that stands to reason.

I've actually got Terry Goodkind's first book out of the library called "Wizards First Rule" to read because I love the show so much and I have to say, some points in the show are better than the book and vice versa.

Is there anyone else out there that has watched and enjoyed the show?

Thanks
JAN :mrgreen:
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Legend of the Seeker

Post by Janetfl »

I guess it's just me then! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

:lol: Don't worry, Jan, it's just me on my Survivor thread, too!
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

You're not alone Jan. I love this show. It flipping rocks my socks every week, and is pretty much the only show on TV right now that I watch religiously. I haven't read any of the books but I heard from people that there's a lot of rape in them...like A LOT! Suffice it to say, I'm glad that hasn't shown up in the show yet. I agree, the fights are really awesome. If I recall correctly it's done by the same guy who did The Matrix.

Anyway, the first season was awesome and so far I'm really loving the second season as well. I like the dynamic of all the characters. Zed amuses me. Richard can be a little generically heroic at time, but not enough to make me dislike him. And even though Darken Rahl is pure evil, I still like him too. I'm glad he's still in this season. Not to mention the combination of Kahlan and Cara is just too hot for words. And they're so flipping BA! I love it that the lead women in this show are just as hardcore, if not more so than the men. Richard's one lucky bastard. :lol:

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I plan to catch up as soon as I get the chance.

~Chad~
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

Janetfl wrote:I guess it's just me then!
:lol: You're definitely not alone Jan, i like the show too. I have to admit I did stop on the station because Richard is hot as hell, but I stayed because the show is different then anything I've seen and pretty entertaining,

I agree with Chad, I like how the woman are depicted, and did I mention how hot Richard was?? :wink: :P

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

It's a damn shame but it looks like Legend of the Seeker is not returning for a third season. There's another awesome show that's fallen into the abyss ... just like Roswell. :x :(

ABC have not confirmed the cancellation. Although external sources are saying it's cancelled. Apparently, even SyFy won't be picking up Season three due to the price. :(

At least the dedicated fans of Roswell keep it alive, via fanfiction. I'm hoping the same for Legend of the Seeker.

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Yeah, my sister told me that a few days ago. Sucks. I really did enjoy this show. But she also said there is a "Save the Seeker" fan campaign going on, so maybe there is a chance it will be picked up by someone somewhere.

Here's hopping.

~Chad~
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Yep Chad, there is a massive campaign going on at the moment. The fans have clubbed together and raised enough money to put two trade ads in magazines. This also got the attention of Terry Goodkind who has gone public with his support for the campaign.

I'm hoping all this works in our favour. Plus, fans are writing to ABC, other networks, other shows, etc to try and promote the programme. I don't think we can call it cancelled until it's offically announced by ABC.

Here's hoping anyway! :lol: :lol: