The Mentalist

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

The Mentalist

Post by Janetfl »

I was just wondering if anyone actually watched this show? For me it's one of the best out there along with Legend of the Seeker, Supernatural, etc.

I find the whole Red John character rather facinating and I can't wait to see how Patrick deals with it in the long run. Will he kill him? Catch him? Let him rot in Jail? Or hope to fry him?

I also love the way Patrick gets on everyones nerves with his superior observation skills although if I really worked with a guy like that I'd probably end up murdering him. :lol: For some reason I can't quite explain, I find Patrick rather amusing.

JAN :mrgreen:

P.S. My other favourite is Lie to Me!!!! Totally addicted to that show.
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Mentalist

Post by begonia9508 »

I love the show too!...
Yersterday I saw the ep when Patrick is prisoner from two school kids who murdered and imitated Red John!... and this one comes and kill them when Patrick is prisoner... :shock: :shock: I was dead for fear on my seat! :lol:
So I understand your interest... and share it! EVE :lol: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Possible Spoiler Season 3 Epi 16. Okay is it me or does LaRoche seem to be working for Red John. I'm glad patrick got hightower out of the CBI building but now I'm not sure which one of the team we can truly trust.

As we know Red John seems to have people already installed deep in CBI. This is one of the reasons I love this show so much. I would be interested in hearing your theories. Of course I'm still trying to catch up to the show viewed in America so you may already know the answer to these questions but I'd still LOVE to know what's going on!!

Hmmm or maybe Van Pelts new love interest could be part of it. Questions, questions. I really would like to hear what anyone else thinks.

JAN :mrgreen:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Sorry Jan but in Europe we are still at the beginning of season II....
So no answer about it but I'm looking for more impatiently!

EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay I bought season one and have watched part of it.I like it....I like how he picks up on small body hints to tell things about people which makes people think he has ESP...that is funny :lol:

I'm really really into Risby and Van Pelt....she is smoking hot...redhead,has a gun and curvey as hell(I hate the hollywood bone skinny look).But I know they won't work out....why i say that you ask? For just about every freaking tv couple I ship almost NONE of them work out or even get together! In the end only THREE of my tv ships have worked out in the end while more than I can count have not! But I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

I've been watching The Mentalist since season 1 (season 3 just finished in the UK a couple of weeks ago). I remember watching Simon Baker in Australian teen show Heartbreak High back in the mid-90s (he played a teacher), so it was pretty cool to see him in a US show now. I have to say, his accent is good too... although you can occasionally hear some Australian creeping into it :P.

The biggest surprise for me after season 1 had aired was finding out that the guy who plays Rigsby is not American at all... he's Welsh - he actually grew up only 10 miles from me :P. He makes such a convincing American that it was quite a shock to hear him talking with his normal, soft-spoken Welsh accent!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Okay, so the season 4 of The Mentalist is now showing and it holds quite a few surprises. Without giving too much away I have to say that I loved the second episode. Patrick is just freaking brilliant. It really did make me laugh at the way he manipulated things so he got what he wanted (and in this case I agreed with him).

There are other episodes which make me think that Patrick is skating dangerously close to that double edged sword ... just watch the episode Blinking Red Light and you'll know what I'm talking about.

JAN
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Sorry but this show just killed any liking I had for it in that last ep. :roll: :roll: The gold rush ep where Jane went on his little anti gun bit :roll: The hell with this show now.