The Walking Dead

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by killjoy »

I don't know how far across the US this store is...but Hot Topic in the mall close to me has a shirt that has a picture of Christopher Walken the actor made up like a zombie.And under the pic has the words....The Walken Dead :lol: :lol: :lol:
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Sorry guys I wasn't online yesterday at all to post this, but yesterday (Sunday) AMC showed a Marathon of Seasons 1 & 2 of The Walking Dead, then later last night 'Talking Dead' shows clips from the upcoming Third season and interviewed two of the series' executive producers. Comedian Drew Carey was also a guest on the show because he's a huge fan of the series too :D The new season will premier sometime in October.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

To be honest....I'm going to miss Shane's character! And NOT miss Dale at all!

Yes Shane was nuts(but I still blame a lot of that on Lori and the way she toyed with his emotions and used him) but he clearly understood what Dale had NO clue about and what took Rick forever to learn......that the old world they all knew and loved...the world with rules and cops and courts and be nice to your fellow man is LOOOOOOOONG gone!

It's a dog eat dog....or in this case zombie eat you....world out there and one has to forget the old world to live in this new one.Now if you don't want to give up their 'humanity' as Dale wanted to preach...well that's fine.But you're going to either be zombie food or murdered and/or raped by the small gang of humans out there.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Honestly, I think I'll miss both characters in some odd way. I loved Dale's humanity and I have a feeling I'll miss it more in the seasons to come.

With Shane, I guess "miss" is too strong a word since I hated that man with a passion. :lol: But he was a good antagonist for Rick (I don't know why, but best friends becoming enemies is always interesting to watch to me), and even though he took his new world philosophy to crazy levels, his POV wasn't entirely wrong either. I'm hoping Rick will be able to find a balance between both of these characters.

Side note: Has anyone seen the quick sneak peek of of season 3? It looks awesome. :D
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Sorry for the late post, AMC is airing a marathon of this series all day & all night & again all day tomorrow :twisted: leading up to the season 3 premiere! I'm so stoked!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Going to miss Shane ....but am NOT going to miss Dale ! Couldn't stand Mr High and Mighty I think I can judge. everyone Dale
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Ok I thoroughly enjoyed last night's S3 Premier! :D Nice & gory and I love how the team has this group/teamwork thing going on. Is it just me, or is Carol (I think that's her name :? ) flirting with Daryl? Lori and Rick have some serious unresolved issues going on there, lots of anger :x

I watched 'Talking Dead' following the premier, and the actress who portrays Michonne was on there. She was pretty interesting to watch her describe the preparations/training she went through to get into character. I'm really stoked for this entire season. There are also interviews at EW.com from the executive producer about last night's premiere episode and some mention about that very last scene if anyone wants to go to that site and read more...
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Ok, I couldn't resist :twisted: Here are the links from EW.com if you would like to read more:

'The Walking Dead': Exec producer Robert Kirkman talks about tonight's bloody season premiere
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/14/the-w ... t-kirkman/

'The Walking Dead': Meet the [SPOILER]! Showrunner Glen Mazzara introduces us to the people in that final scene

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/14/the-w ... n-mazzara/
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

In my opinion Carol was flirting with Darryl . I loved how when everyone else couldn't find anything to eat Darryl kills and cleans the owl to eat. Like the Hank Williams JR song says......a country boy can survive
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Wow :shock: shocked that the living prisoners in the jail got wiped out so fast. They stayed around a bit longer in the comic. Wonder who that was watching Carol practicing on that dead walker? My money is on that there is someone else still alive in the prison we've yet to meet. Wow funny how Rick has become more like Shane with his just kill and not think twice.