A Love She Couldn't Deny BtVS - Adult - Dead and Buried

Like Castle, Supernatural, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, Twilight, or any other fandom? Write Fan Fiction for it? Then go ahead and post it here!

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re-A Love She Couldn't Deny

Post by angelrose242000 »

A Love She Couldn’t Deny (B/S; W/W; B/C)
(Rating R to NC-17…or whatever’s allowed!)

By, Angelrose242000

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING!

Part Twenty-Two—Adjustments

Continuing from Heartstrings….

Buffy drove to the graveyard that night, feeling good. She had done the best thing she could for William and for Willow. Seeing how they looked at each other told her that. Deep down, she would always feel a special bond for William, but it wasn’t the same. She’d known it for sometime. He and Willow were good together, she thought with a smile as she parked.

As she walked through the darkness of the cemetary, Buffy continued her smile for this perfect night. Spotting Giles at the crypt entrance, she said, “Hey, Giles.”

Giles had been babying Buffy here lately because he felt so bad for her. He figured this breakup had to be killing her. He said, “Buffy…you didn’t have to come tonight if you didn’t want. It’s been…well…dead here tonight.”

Buffy giggled over that.

Giles said, “Forgive the pun.” Buffy said, “I forgive it…this once.” She smiled and caught his.

Looking around Buffy Giles said, “I’m surprised I don’t see the others.”

Buffy shrugged and said, “Probably won’t. Xander and Anya are in their own mood here lately and to tell you the truth, I don’t choose to be around them. I’m surprised to see you.”

Giles caught Buffy’s tone and said, “I’m the watcher, Buffy. I go where you are.”

Rolling her eyes Buffy said, “I’m thirty years old and he still follows me into the cemetery.” Looking into his eyes, Buffy added good-naturedly, “I would be lost if you weren’t here, Giles. Don’t think I wouldn’t be. I just like to pick on you.” She walked to him and hugged him saying, “You’re so pickable.”

Giles hugged her tightly and said, “Joking aside, I am sorry, Buffy. For all you’ve had to endure. It’s too much for all you’ve done for…William.”

Buffy caught how he nearly used some words that would not have been very flattering. She said with a sarcastic smile, “I’m curious just what you would have said.”

Giles walked around her and said, “You wouldn’t like it…trust me.”

Buffy said, “Ooh! It would have been good. Darn it all, Giles. You have to ruin it for me!” She laughed until she caught his dry face that was anything but comical.

Giles said, “I try not to be careless with what I say.”

Buffy said, “I know that.” Reflexively she turned and staked a vamp who came up out of the earth, then turned to Giles and added a little softer, “You want my honest feelings on that, Giles?”

Giles said, “I think you deserve to have a say, yeah.”

Buffy sat on a tomb and looking over at him, she said, “William is my best friend. I’ve shared everything with him, good things and…not so good. No two people could know the other more than we do. I feel sure of that. This stays between us, Giles. But I hurt him…badly. I failed to trust him despite two years of being together. I was going to marry a man I couldn’t trust. That wasn’t love, Giles. Willow has loved William for years. I’m not talking just desire and sex, I’m talking love. She loved him at his worst, a part of him I couldn’t’ accept. Giles she loved him as a vampire.”

Giles rung his hair with his hand and said, “No…”

Buffy shrugged and said, “I’ve done it myself with Angel when I was in high school, so I can’t judge. And Xander he’s married to an Ex-Demon. They have a bouncing baby boy named Alex Jr.”

Giles said, “I know that, Buffy. But…Willow? Sweet Willow? I don’t believe it, Buffy. Willow was too…too focused and principled to love a killer.”

Buffy said, “I don’t believe she was willing to go in and kill with him, but yeah…she liked him. She liked his bad boy ways. Again, no argument from me there. I liked it too.”

Giles said, “You’ve both lost your minds.”

Buffy laughed and said, “Oh come on Giles. Tell me you never had fantasies about a bad woman in black or red velvet coming to your bed?”

Blushing, Giles said, “Well…maybe once or twice.”

Buffy said, “Exactly. Now continuing on. Willow loves William completely. That’s my point in this.” Leveling her eyes on Giles’s she added, “Willow was a virgin when she was with him, Giles. She and Ethan had never been together.”

Giles says, “He has a thing for virgins…”

Grinning slyly, Buffy said, “What man doesn’t?”

Giles said, “I think this conversation is at its end, Buffy. Some things we shouldn’t discuss.”

Buffy grinned and said, “Fine.” Watching him walk away, Buffy added, “Giles!”

Giles turned and said tiredly, “What, Buffy?”

Buffy said seriously now, “Get off her back. All she has done is followed her heart with a guy that cares about her. She’s still Willow Rosenberg, your comrade with computers and the Public Library. William is still a hell of a fighter, a loyal friend and an important part of our group.”

Giles said, “I don’t know if I can handle seeing her making out with William, Buffy. I don’t know if I can…”

Buffy said, “Then look away when they do. They are together, Giles.” Leaving it like that, Buffy said, “They are. I just left Willow’s and said goodnight to the two of them.”

Giles said, “Not to be tacky, but you know that they are probably spending the night together don’t you?”

Smiling, Buffy added, “I hope they are. Willow is a good girl and she deserves William. He deserves her. I think they are cute together and I’m happy for them both. I think that it is wonderful that they found each other. That I am able to say that I feel means I’ve changed some…maybe matured in ways I didn’t know I could.”

Giles said, “You have. I have to say it. I’m impressed, Buffy.”

Buffy smiled and said, “Thanks.” Hearing her name being called from across the quad, Buffy said to Giles, “Here comes my boyfriend. Giles, I think I can safely go home?”

Nodding, Giles said, “Get out of here.”

Buffy started on her walk and met Cameron halfway in the middle, walking into his embrace, feeling his lips kissing her. She had what she needed, Buffy thought, the beginning of something special….

Four Weeks Later…

Saturday night came again and slowly so did the group. Giles was there first, then came Xander and Anya. They visited for a few minutes until spotting Buffy and Cameron walking side by side with William and Willow. They were laughing and carrying on a friendly conversation. William’s arm was around Willow’s shoulder, hers around his waist. Cameron held Buffy’s hand and they swung as they walked.

Xander looked at Anya and said, “Look at that why don’t you?”

Anya glared at him and said, “Oh get over it! They’re lovers, deal with it.”

Giles said, “Really.”

Giles watched what Buffy had suggested. Willow smiled up at William and whispered something. He leaned into her, grinning back affectionately. Giles caught the love that was there. It wasn’t so hard when it was in front of his eyes to accept. Just a new adjustment. Life was full of them, he supposed. They did look good together, he surmised finally.

Stopping their stride, William shook out of his duster, putting it around Willow’s slender shoulders. The effect was humorous. Giles said, “Willow I think that thing is bigger than you are.”

Willow said, “Hey Giles. It isn’t too big.” Even as she nearly tripped over it twice!

William stopped Willow and said with a grin, “Here, love.” He picked her up on his back, where her legs dangled around to the front where he held them with his hands, and carried her the rest of the way in.

Buffy met the others and watched the scene and giggled saying, “Hang on, Will. You’re way up there.”

Willow said, “Like hell I will. This is fun!” She lifted her hands up in the air and danced.

Anya took in this and said, “Looks like a huge toppling monster I’ve seen on TV.”

Xander was about to say something smart…until he saw the happiness in Willow’s face. He shut up and said with a smile of his own, “You’re bringing out her wild side, Lancelot.”

William or “Lancelot” looked at Xander and said with a sly grin, “Am I?” He patted Will’s leg affectionately and said, “She doesn’t seem to mind. As I’ve always said, Xander.”

Xander said, “Here it comes.” Anya looked up at Xander and said, “Whatever it is you’ve asked for it, so accept it, honey.” She kissed him on the cheek.

William replied, “Better to be an introducer to wild things than a bloody poofter.”

Xander said, “Ha,ha,ha.” He let go of his bitter feelings and laughed at himself saying, “I did deserve that one.”

William said, “Yep, you did. But I forgive you…this once.” Buffy grinned at Cameron and the others and said, “All this forgiveness and no party stuff to go with it. I feel jipped.”

Cameron pulled Buffy closer to him and said secretly where only she heard, “We’ll have our own party…later.” She smiled into his green eyes, anxious to find out what he had in mind. Guessing whatever it was, she’d like it.

William said, “We do need to have a group bash.” Willow looked at the rest and at William and said, “We do. I think it would be…cool.” Turning and surprising those who didn’t know, Willow added, “I’ll bring the beer and martini’s. If someone will be the driver that is…I get a little funky when I drink.”

William joked intimately with her as he said, “I know. I’ll be your driver, Willow.”

Willow ran her hand over his and moving down, holding her hair back with her other hand, she kissed him before moving back to her seated position on his shoulders.

William caught Buffy’s smile and the way she seemed okay with watching him move on and pulling on Will’s arm, he said, “You don’t get off that easy honey.” He pulled her mouth to his and held it there with his hand to the back of her head. By the time she sat back up on his shoulders, Willow was speechless…and smiling.

It was about then that everything between the Scoobies had smoothed over, they all had a good time laughing and spending time together….

Then as quickly a pack of demons came out of the crypt, one trying to get to William because he had Willow around his neck. Systematically as if played that way, he said, “Hang on up there!” Turning with her on his shoulders, and taking his machete he stabbed the one after him, his other hand holding her legs. Once it was on the ground, dead, William reached up and grabbing Willow he helped her hop down. He said, “You alright, Will?”

Breathless, Willow said, “Yeah. I’m dazed, but I’m fine.” When he saw more coming, William said, “Go over there, Willow, next to Anya. Xander stand watch.” With that he turned and proceeded to fight with Buffy not far away and they killed them all. It wasn’t bad enough that standby’s like Xander and Giles had to step in. Cameron hadn’t been broken in yet with that, but he enjoyed the Scoobies and loved Buffy.

William and Buffy shared a moment of mutual verbal satisfaction over killing more spawn. He said, “Another one bites the dust.” Buffy said, “Well put.” As friends they checked to make sure the other was not hurt, then discovering they were good, they turned to their significant others. It was so natural. Buffy walked to her dark-haired mysterious photographer boyfriend, Cameron who had also stood watch over Willow and Anya, telling jokes with Xander.

William walked slowly over to Willow. She found her feet moving to him. Taking her face into his hands, William said, “You sure you’re okay, Willow?”

Nodding, Willow said, “Yeah. I’m…I’m fine. How about you?”

William replied, “I’m good. One poofter tried to get me, but all he got was a knick and a blow. He won’t bother anyone else ever again.” Willow innocently reached out and touched his arm where it was knicked and looking up into his blue eyes she spoke emotions with her own. William leaned in and softly kissed her, wishing to deepen it, until he noted they were still with the group. Respecting Willow and her need for privacy, the innocence that still existed in her, William backed up, put his arm around her shoulders and turned to the rest. He said simply, “We’re off for the night. See you all same time same place next week.”

Xander was jabbering away with Cameron, until Anya jabbed him, saying, “Say goodnight, spazz.”

Xander looked over at William and Willow and said, “Night guys.”

Giles said, “Be careful getting home. We don’t know how many more are out there, but demons are unpredictible creatures. They can strike when we aren’t ready.”
He spoke to William and Willow as well as Buffy and Cameron who left not far behind.

William said with a carefree chuckle, “They can try.”

Willow climbed up on his back and hugging him she said, “They won’t get far.” Adding to William, “Help me up.” William reached back and helped her up on his shoulders. She was so light he thought. And he liked having her there. It was a temptation to run his hands up her legs and get nasty. But he wouldn’t. Not yet. Not until they were alone.

She leaned down and kissed him on the mouth, emotionally. She was fine with walking that way! William broke the kiss saying, “Willow, honey, I like this as much as anyone…but…I’ve got to be able to…see.” Willow blushed and said, “Oh…sorry.” William replied affectionately, “No need to apologize, Willow. Just have to be able to see ahead.” Adding for only her ears, he pulled her down, for a moment, holding her in front of him, and whispered, “Of course we could just find another crypt…I’m sure I could on perception alone.” Grinning slyly with him, Willow said, “Another time and we’ll find one.” She touched his face and kissed him again, then was helped back up on his shoulders.

Buffy turned and gave the others a sly grin over Willow’s obvious closeness with William. He didn’t seem to mind at all. She said, “Night everyone.”

Suddenly she was pulled up onto Cameron’s back! Seated on their favorite guy’s shoulders, Willow and Buffy began chitchatting with one another!

TBC…
"The truth is out there."

Come nominate your favourites at Crossovers!
angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re-A Love She Couldn't Deny (B/S; W/W; B/C)

A Love She Couldn’t Deny
(Rating: R to NC-17 or whichever is allowed!)

By, Angelrose242000

Part Twenty-Three—In the Midst of Danger…

Continuing on from Adjustments…

That Same Night…

William walked with his arm around Willow’s shoulder, enjoying her leaning into him, the closeness of Willow. They had said goodnight to everyone and were heading for the car. William looked at Willow and said, “Now that we are alone I can do this.” He lowered his mouth and kissed her like he wanted to earlier. Willow moved closer to him, saying, “Yeah, the good stuff.” Taking his kiss, kissing him in return. They looked like they were, two young lovers sharing intimacies in the darkness of night….

William and Willow headed on to William’s. Parking, they got out and holding each other, they walked to the front door and William unlocked the door. Willow laced her fingers with his. Stepping into the apartment, William waited until Willow was inside and he shut and locked the door.

Willow into the front room and said, “I hope you don’t mind if I use your computer. I need to do some research for Giles. Working for him has become an all the time thing. But he does pay me…so I guess.” She grinned.

William grinned back and said, “You enjoy working in the library. It’s cool, Will. To work in the office…you can see all the files and be an investigator of sorts.”

Taking a moment, Willow walked to him and said, “Yeah, like the fact that you owe $.25 for overdue books. And you better pay up…I know where you live…”
Pulling Willow slowly the remaining inches to him, William said, “I’ll be in on Monday to pay it.” He inched his mouth to just within a breath of hers and said, “I promise.”

Willow felt all the pent up needs within her hitting her again as she said, “Okay…”

He licked his lips and Willow all but felt it, she was so close! She grinned up at him and said, “I can play that game too.” Backing up she moved out of arms reach and started unbuttoning her shirt. Once unbuttoned, she slowly took the lime green flannel off. Turning to where she only showed part of herself she grinned coyly at him and let her hair loose from its clip, letting all the red fall to her shoulders. She felt like a model for some steamy pair of jeans. She was his. Unsnapping her bra, she took it off and watched as his eyes darkened. Knowing what that look meant, she smiled larger and said, “Really? Just wait…”

Moving her hands down her body, slowly, she unbuttoned her jeans.

William stared into her eyes, and said, “Willow…” He shifted and continued to watch, wanting to go to her, yet enjoying this even as it nearly killed him!

Pushing her jeans down, her innocent look returned. She’d never been this bold. She kept her panties on, though, unable to be that bad…not yet. She watched as he walked to her. He flung out of his duster, pulled off his shirt, watching as Willow looked and smiled. He took in her beauty and smiled back. Unbuckling his jeans, William lowered the zipper and slowly took his pants off. Standing in black Speedo’s, a tanned body, William moved forward. Willow did the same and they met in the middle of the room. No words were spoken as they reached out their arms and took the other, kissing with the passion they felt….

Laying in each other’s arms on his bed hours later, Willow found she couldn’t sleep. So she moved in and kissed him once more on the mouth and quietly climbed out of bed. Watching him sleep, Willow smiled affectionately and reached around for clothes. She grabbed her purple panties and his red flannel. Buttoning it some here and there, she walked to the den. Turning on the lamp on William’s desk, she turned on the computer. While it booted, she walked to the kitchen and grabbed a Pepsi. Taking it with her she sat on the chair and using the mouse and brought up Explorer.

Working through the channels, Willow found what she was after. Twenty some years of computer addiction made it easy, she thought with a smile.

One hour finished her project for Giles. Printing it, she stapled the pages together and set them aside. He’d pick on her about how it took him several days and still he could not find what she did in an hour. Smiling, Willow thought how it would be funny to hear his whining. Then she switched pages and started searching for clues on the Apocalypse.

Reaching forward for her Pepsi in a casual move, Willow was brought back unexpectedly by a large hand to her mouth. The culprit identified himself stupidly by saying sneering, “Get up, Willow. Now.”

Willow slowly did as she was told and nearly said something, then working her mind she thought, no. She would wait and say something later. Find out what he wanted, and elbow him, run like hell and get away.

He walked with Willow out of the den, to the front room of the apartment and said, “So you’re giving him all your best, huh Will? What if I took a liberty?” He lowered a hand over her breast and Willow cringed, felt invaded, then realized he had removed his hand from her mouth to touch her, the other holding her against him. She said loudly, “Get your hands off of me!” Instinct had her elbowing him from behind. He dodged it and grabbing a handful of her hair he yanked, saying, “You’re about to see what fucking with me does to you, Willow.” He pulled her like a rag doll by her head, obviously stronger than she was. He tossed her on the couch and said, “Now…you are going to give me some of what I deserve.”

Willow gave him a dirty look and said, “A sucker punch? Gladly…”

She was about to lunge forward and do so when he doubled up his fist and punched her in the mouth, sending her back with a sore mouth, a broken lip. Willow felt tears in her eyes at the pain, but she refused to cry out. She said, “Does it make…you feel good…to do that?”

Nodding, Ethan said, “Yeah, at this point it does.”

Willow watched as he actually grinned over it. Disgusted and worried about his state of mind, she said, “So what is your plan, Ethan?”

Ethan moved in and started unbuckling his jeans. Somehow the effect was totally different from William’s. This annoyed her and disgusted her. She moved quickly around and off the couch saying, “You aren’t going to get me to sleep with you, Ethan. Not voluntarily.”

Ethan shrugged saying, “Don’t matter to me how I get you. I deserve to have a discovery of my own, Willow.”

Willow said, “Fine. Get it from Emma. Not me. I am William’s girl. He is the only man I will give myself to. Ever. If you think you are going to get a piece of me, it will have to be by force.”

Ethan reached out for Willow’s flannel and pulled her to him saying, “Fine with me.” He punched her hard on the mouth, sending her to the floor crying out now. The pain was too much.

She sobbed silently, “William…” Then as predictable as it might sound, she did holler, “William! Help me!” Using her lips to talk hurt like hell, but she had to. This guy was bigger and he would win if he set his mind to raping her. She would scratch him, bite him and make his life miserable in the process…but she didn’t want to chance whatever might happen. She just wanted him the hell away from her.

Ethan held her down by her arms and attempted to kiss her, she turned her head and said, “No!” Raising her leg like she’d seen Buffy do, she racked him and at the advantage finally, she shoved him off and stood, staggering and bleeding.

William ran in and saw Willow shaking and her mouth bleeding, his flannel torn and the bastard who lay on the floor, holding his crotch.

Willow said, “William…” she fought the tears and said waveringly, “Ethan thought he’d…pay me a visit.”

William watched as Willow nearly fell. Going to her first, he stabled her feet, kissing her head saying he was sorry. He walked her to a chair and once safe he turned to Ethan. Starting his walk he said menacingly, “You come into my house, destroy it, steal my stuff. Fine. You come in and stalk my girl…beat her up…try to rape her…” he shook his head and said with a grin that was far from considerate William. He looked more like Spike as he moved in. Ethan stood slowly and started to take a lunge. His last mistake. Spike reached out with his bare hands and shoved him up against a wall, holding him there. Seeing his fear. He said, “Where is it?”

Ethan said darkly, “Wh…what? Where is what?”

Spike said, “Your futile attempt of a weapon?” When he wouldn’t’ volunteer it, Spike reached and grabbed it, forcibly. It was a large knife. Spike said, “You make it so damned easy.” With that he reached for Ethan’s hand that still held the dagger and lunged with the blade and stabbed him mortally as a suicide watching him fall…knowing he had just killed a man he once saw as a friend. It hurt. But not near as bad as looking over at Willow and seeing her broken lip, her shaking body.

William moved to a chair and put his head between his knees, breathing.

Willow slowly walked to him and said, “William…are you…okay?”

William looked up and said emotionally, “When I saw you, Willow…I thought he had raped you, or close to it.”

Willow said, “He was going to…he was on top of me, touching me…hitting me…he would have raped me if I hadn’t racked him. If you hadn’t come when I called for you.”

William nodded and said, “I wish I was here sooner. Come here, love.”

Willow walked the rest of the way where light did come into the room from the moon and William saw the real damage. Emotional, William said, “Oh, Willow.” He touched her face, her mouth and said, “Are you sure you’re okay, honey, aside from this?”

Nodding, Willow tried to be strong saying, “I’m…fine…” Reading the truth in her eyes, William said, “You can’t lie, Willow. The truth now.”

Thinking over what had happened, how scared she was, Willow said, “No…I’m not alright. He touched me…it wasn’t the way you touch me. It was awful. He wanted to hurt me…because…I guess because I gave myself to you.”

Taking Willow into his arms, William carried her to the bathroom. He said, “Let’s get you cleaned up, Willow.”

Willow nodded and let him.

As they sat in the living room around five in the morning, William asked, “Do you hate me for what I did?”

Looking at him, Willow said confused, “What did you do?”

William said, “Falling for you the way I have. Taking it upon myself to kill the very person you dated, were engaged to for a year?”

Willow touched his face and said, “I couldn’t hate you for loving me, William. I love you too.” Catching his smile the way he held her closer, Willow added, “As to what happened with Ethan…it was either do that or have him come after us or someone else, William. He was angry, demented...” Seeing the pain in his eyes, she said, “You didn’t murder anyone. You aren’t a killer, William. You defended me against a praying demon type of guy. I love you.” William said, “I love you, Willow.” She kissed him, receiving his in return. He held her in his arms, she held onto him, neither saying anything, just spending intimate moments in each other’s arms….

William had come out of his dark mood while spending the night with Willow, holding her, sharing intimate moments of his own. His fears of what that life had done to him, how he never wanted it again. How he didn’t want her to see that part of him. She said, “Do you regret coming in and defending me?”

Shaking his head, William said, “No, of course not, love. I’d do it again.”

Smiling, Willow said, “That was all you did. You are not the same as Ethan because you took him out. He was lunging at you, it was self defense.” At his long look, Willow grinned and said, “Okay. The point is, I love you, all of you. It doesn’t go away because you do something to protect me. It only increases.” William lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her sweetly. She said, “Just don’t go around thinking I’m your little Willow.”

Shaking his head and laughing, William said, “I wouldn’t do that, Willow. You’re too sassy and passionate for me to do that.”

Willow moved in closer to him and said, “That’s right. I’m yours, William. I always have been.”

William took her mouth carefully with his and made the rest of the few hours special for Willow, making love to her, where touching came from love and not hate…

The library was full of Scoobies at a table in the back that was theirs. Buffy sat next to Cameron, Anya and little Alex next to Xander and Giles in the stacks, pulling out another reference book. They were visiting while they had a chance. He was determined to focus on this thing all day today.

William and Willow walked toward the table, with matching dusters. Their arms around each other. Blinking, Buffy said with a grin, “Matching dusters. I like.”
Willow said, “I liked Spike’s well enough…it just…” catching the group grin, she relented saying, “I know…it didn’t fit.”

Xander said jokingly, “No. Where would you get that from? None of us thought that, did we guys?”

William pulled out Willow’s chair and sat beside her saying, “Give the girl some slack…she’s been through hell and back overnight.”

Xander said slyly, “Really? Do tell I’m anxious to hear this. Guy shop talk.”

Willow said, “Hey! I happen to be here too. You want to discuss sordid tales, Xander do it with someone else.”

Buffy and Anya noted the closeness that was expressed between William and Willow. Buffy said, “What happened?”

William looked at Willow, trying to get her feelings. He didn’t ask outright, but waited. Willow said, “We got a surprise visitor last night. Ethan chose to come upon me while working on the computer.” Spotting Giles she said, “So you should feel good, Giles. I nearly risked what was left of my virtue to a damned poofter demon to get this done for you.” She got up and handed him the project.

Giles said, “What do you mean, Willow? What did Ethan do?”

William said, “Will? Should I tell them?” She looked at him and walking back to where he sat she moved in close and said, “I guess.” She felt a lump in her throat over the memory.

Holding her on his lap, William said, “The bastard came in and tried to rape Willow.”

Everyone was up in arms then. Asking if she was okay, if he was, the whole nine yards.

Giles said, “I trust you called the police and had him arrested.”

William said, “If I were any other guy, then yeah, I would have. And before any of you say how horrible that is to conceive, what I did, I’ll ask you to shut the hell up. You weren’t there that night. You didn’t walk in and see…what I saw.”

Giles said, “No, we didn’t. I don’t think any of us has room to judge you, William. I do hope…though…that you found a suitable place to put him.”

William grinned over this at first, then said somberly, “Suitable? He won’t be found. I figure enough of Sunnydale’s demons will take care of him for me. At any rate, he stuck himself with his own knife. Suicide as far as I see it. He chose that end when he dared attempt to touch Willow.”

Willow said, “I did decide on one thing from last night.”

Buffy said, “What’s that, Will?”

Willow said, “I don’t want to be that afraid again. I want…I want to be trained in self defense.”

Buffy said, “Go girl. I would train you in a second Will, but I’m a slayer. I don’t think that is what you’re after…is it?”

Shaking her head, Willow said, “No…I just want to be able to defend myself.”

Giles said, “I could do it, Willow…but somehow I think your best trainer would be William. If that is what he’s wanting.”

William looked at Willow and said, “We already talked about it. I’ve agreed to be her trainer.”

Anya said, “I think that’s sweet and makes sense.”

Buffy said, “So do I. You get to take on William in a fighting match. Call me when you get it down. I want to see that for myself.”

William hollered, “Hey!”

They all laughed and then got back to work. Mayhem was coming…and soon!

TBC…

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re-A Love She Couldn't Deny (B/S; W/W, B/C)

A Love She Couldn’t Deny
(Rating R or What's Allowed!)

By, Angelrose242000

Part Twenty-Four—Dating Rituals

Saturday, April 2, 2010

Three Months Later…

Buffy walked into the library on a cloud. After dating Cameron for five months, she could say to herself that she loved him. He wasn’t just a nice guy she went out to dinner with on Friday and Saturday nights. She had a secret and was going to tell the one person she saw more as a dad than a watcher. Searching for Giles, she hollered, “Hey, Giles! It’s me…Buffy. You here?”

Walking up the stairs, to the stacks, she found him, reading one of his ancient moldy oldie volumes that Buffy shied away from whenever possible. Looking up, Giles said, “Oh, Buffy. I’m sorry I didn’t hear you.”

Letting out a sigh, Buffy said, “I know. You were preoccupied with…which one is it?”

Giles turned the book to its bind and told her. Buffy recognized the name. Several nights had been spent reading through that thing! Buffy didn’t want to find out more, so she said, “Well, I won’t bother you long. I just had some exciting news. I thought you’d want to know.”

Giles put the volume in the box at his feet and said, “Sure. What is it?”

Buffy said, “I’ve fallen in love with Cameron.”

Giles said with a grin, “Buffy you’ve only known the guy for, what four months?”

Buffy didn’t like how he questioned her feelings. She said quickly, “Five.”

Giles grabbed the box of volumes he had taken in there with him, walked out of the stack area and into the open part of the second floor, saying flippantly, “So you love him. That’s nice, Buffy.”

Buffy glared at him as she walked out behind, trying not to become irate. It was difficult when he sounded so distant. She took a deep breath, let it out and said simply, “I think it is. It is helpful since he has asked me to marry him.”

Giles set the box on the long narrow table and looking into Buffy’s eyes he said dryly, “What did you tell him?”

Buffy folded her arms over her chest and said, “Well let’s see. What would blonde air head Buffy say to something like that?”

Giles gave her an incredulous look and said, “Buffy…”

Buffy was mad and said with the coolness evident in her voice and eyes now, “I’ll save it for another time. When your mind is actually focused on a human being and not some damned volume, or on yourself! I’ll see you later.”

Buffy stormed out of the library, not caring to stay there any longer. What the hell had gotten into Giles?

Storming outside, Buffy didn’t see her friends standing not far in front of her. All she saw was a blur of anger. Walking down the steps, she headed to her Miata, mumbling a lot of bad things about Giles.

Xander hollered, “Hey Buffy!”

Hearing her name, Buffy shook her head and looked, finding Xander, Anya, William and Willow sitting on William’s firebird. Finally! A group she could talk to. Walking in their direction, Buffy didn’t hide her upset.

Willow looked at William and said, “Man she looks mad at somebody.”

William said, “Must be Giles. He must have given her another assignment. I thought he was going to lay off for awhile, after stopping Hedlar from bringing on the Apocalypse.”

Xander said, “The day Giles stops hounding Buffy…or any of us…is a day that will be worth celebrating.”

Anya said, “Xander! He’s a watcher. Watchers…well they watch. It’s his job.” She thought of Alex and was again thankful to her mom for watching him while they met and regrouped today. He was growing to look more and more like Xander, Anya thought with a warm inner smile. She loved them both completely.

Cameron pulled up in his Plymouth and walked over to the rest. William said to his friend, “ Hey man. Take a seat. I think we’re about to see an explosion.”

Cameron was about to ask what when he glanced with the others and saw Buffy…saw the look in her eyes. He said, “Buffy, what’s happened?”

Buffy shook her head and waited until she was at the car. Then looking at the group, she said, “Remind me never again to bother Giles when he’s working.”

Willow said with a smile, “I could tell you that. I’ve been there when he snaps. It’s not pretty.”

Buffy took Cameron’s offered hands and sat with him on the grass, next to the car. She smiled at him, felt his arms go around her and everyone noted it. They had become as close as William and Willow. Life had a funny way of leading them both to the right people, Buffy thought with a smile. Buffy said, “I’ll remember to call you, Willow beforehand.”

Willow grinned, knowing Buffy had been mad at Giles and he had been mad at her many times over the last decade. It was nothing for this to happen.

Anya wanted to know what the deal was with Giles. So she said, “So what did he say?”

Buffy said, “Oh…it was nothing.” Sitting with Cameron, Buffy’s anger was dissolving. She frowned some and said, “I went in to tell him something and he acted like I was intruding on his time. It made me mad at the time, but really it was just him being Giles.”

Cameron held Buffy’s hand looking in her eyes, knowing what she went in to tell him and seeing how Giles’s disinterest hurt her. That ticked him off. Cameron said, “He’ll feel guilty when he thinks about it, probably at home.”

Buffy looked into Cameron’s green eyes, watching the sexy way his hair fell near them in waves. She moved forward and kissed him, saying, “I don’t want him feeling guilty, I just thought…he’d show an interest.”

Anya said, “Okay, you’ve got my attention now.”

Willow said, “Mine too. What’s up, Buffy?”

Buffy and Cameron smiled at each other. Cameron was about to say when Giles walked toward them calling Buffy’s name.

Buffy turned and seeing Giles, she said, “One minute.”

She stood and holding a hand over her eyes she said, “Hello Giles. Choose to come socialize…outside the realm of the library.”

Giles saw she was in a better mood and offering a smile of peace he said, “After six hours in there, I told myself it was time to break for lunch…yeah. I’d spent twelve hours here yesterday.”

Xander said, “Giles I have to say it. Man, you need a life.”

William said, “That’s not all he needs.” Looking at Giles he said, “You know, Giles, your life would expand to greater forms of excitement if you veered off and met someone.”

Willow grinned back at William and looking at Giles she said, “That’s right. And you know, Giles, a new lady is in town.”

Buffy said, “If that doesn’t work, I can always dial up my cousin Dawn. She’s of age and I can guarantee if you wear a duster and say you’re related to William here, you’ll get some.”

William grinned largely at Buffy and said to Giles, “I’ll lend in you mine. We’d do that Giles if it would help. Trust me when I say, after working with you for over ten years, I think it would help…immensely.”

Giles fidgeted, pushed his glasses up on his head and said, “Listen up here. I don’t need help getting a woman into bed. The fact that it has been about that long is…is because I have obligations, responsibilities.”

William’s eyebrows rose over this as he said, “We all do.” Climbing off his car with Willow next to him, William put his arms around her waist and added, “It doesn’t mean that we can’t be human too. And Giles, unless I’m mistaken, you are human.”

Giles grinned as he said, “While I appreciate what you’re suggesting, really, I’m just not interested. Not now anyway. I’m trying to keep going on possible upcoming threats. Speaking of which, Buffy, are we meeting at eight again?”

Nodding, while laying her legs over Cameron’s lap, Buffy said, “Yep. Same time, same cemetery. Everyone gonna be there for the fun?”

Anya and Xander looked at each other then at Buffy and Buffy said, “What’s going on guys?”

Xander said, “We’ve been meaning to talk to you Buffy…it’s not that we don’t appreciate meeting you all and joining in the fights. We’ve done it for fourteen years now, I believe. But things have changed…”

Buffy understood, she said, “You have Alex, I get that.”

Anya held Xander’s hands as she said, “We tried to find a way out of it, but we can’t. My mom has been wonderful about watching him while we meet at the library or at the cemetery, but I always feel bad, thinking that I’m expecting her to do what I should be doing.”

Xander looked lovingly at Anya and said, “We’re thinking of having another baby in a couple of years.” Turning to Buffy he added more seriously, “It’s not that we’ve stopped caring about Sunnydale or about this cause.”

Buffy replied with a smile, “I never thought that. You guys have been very loyal to our group. We’re gonna miss you, but I know that a family has to come first. I think we all feel that way.” Buffy looked to William and Willow, to Giles and Cameron and gained all their agreement.

Relieved, Xander and Anya kissed briefly and Xander said, “We’ll still stop by occasionally to see how you all are doing.”

William said, “I found that R and B CD you were after…of all things to listen to, bloody R and B.” He grinned though and added, “Stop by sometime.”

Xander nodded and said, “I’ll do that.”

A sad moment of silence was shared because in a way they were losing two good pieces of their group. But understanding their decision, it passed.

When the group was about to say goodbye for the afternoon, until patrol time, Giles and Willow spoke with Anya and Xander for a moment, while Buffy walked over to William. Walking to the car, Buffy said, “Mind if I join you?”

He had been resting lying back on his windshield. Opening his eyes barely, he said, “Nope. Take a seat.”

Climbing on the firebird, Buffy looked at William and waiting till he sat up too, she said, “So how have you been? Your block gone yet?”

Nodding, William said, “I’m good. Words came back, eventually. I sent in another packet to New York. I’m waiting to hear back, but expect to in a couple weeks.”

Buffy said, “That’s good. I’m glad to hear it.”

Glancing at Willow he grinned and added, “I’ve been busy.” He was planning to be again later. It was a surprise that Willow didn’t know about yet.

Joining his glance, Buffy grinned and said, “I’m sure you have.” Meeting his eyes with hers, Buffy said, “I had a feeling about you two…”

William said, “It was unexpected, but I know now that I love her. I wouldn’t want to go back, Buffy. I hope saying that doesn’t make me a complete jerk or hurt you. It’s just how I feel.”

Buffy knew it could have hurt, had she not cared for William and Willow like she did. Hearing it from a best friend, all she could do was smile and say, “It doesn’t.” Taking a deep breath and laying down on the windshield beside William now, she took his hand and said, “I couldn’t be happier for you guys, William. Actually I came over here to tell you something exciting that I hope doesn’t hurt you.”

Sitting up on the car again so no false suspicions could arise, William surprised her by saying, “When’s the wedding?” It was said with a knowing smile that wasn’t backed by pain or hurt or anger.

Smiling, Buffy said, “You are too perceptive at times.”

William said, “Comes with knowing you for fourteen years. You can’t hide a secret from me, Buffy. It’s impossible. So talk.”

Buffy took her ring out of her pants pocket and said, “Here’s the ring he gave me. It’s in June.” At the way his eyebrows rose, Buffy said with a wide grin, “No, I’m not pregnant! It is soon, but it’s because he’s got a new job and is wanting to buy a house with me in Sunnydale. We are bumping it up because of that.”

Taking a look at the ring, William saw how it sparkled with a large diamond in the center, rubies on the sides. He handed it back to Buffy and said, “If this ring says anything, I’d say he loves you.”

Buffy smiled, taking it back and putting it on her finger, saying, “He does. And I love him.” Looking at William she said, “I told Giles first because he has always been like a dad to me. I didn’t want to tell the group as a whole…in case it would be too showy…” looking down she added, “Or painful.”

William said, “Girl, you’ve got to stop worrying about that.”

Buffy smiled up at him and said, ‘Can’t. Too much history between us. I’ll always care about you, William. It’s different than how I feel for Cameron.”

William grinned and said, “I hope so.” Buffy said, “It is.” William patted her knee and said, “Well, before this becomes awkward…more than it is now…” he laughed, hearing hers with his, and added, “I’ll say that I am happy for you, I think that Cameron is a great guy, Buffy.” Catching her smile, he said, “Congratulations, Buffy.”

Buffy reached out and hugged William. He hugged her back. It wasn’t a hug of two lovers, but two good friends. When they broke apart, Buffy jumped down and said, “I’m going to tell the others.” She was beaming with excitement. William said, “Go for it, girl.”

Pushing to the edge of his car, William watched as his girl walked toward him in blue jeans and a green T-shirt that showed her slender waist and had him smiling, remembering his plans.

Willow watched William talking with Buffy. She’d suspected Buffy was engaged, being her best girl friend for years, so when she saw the ring Willow was a little concerned. She knew that William loved her now, but seeing his ex engaged could be painful. She slowed down and said compassionately, “I saw. How are you?”

William said honestly, “I’m good. Glad Buffy has found someone she loves.”

Seeing he meant it, Willow said, “So am I.”

William said, “Now that we know about Buffy’s and Cameron’s news…we can focus on us.”

Willow grinned slyly and said, “I agree.” It was a combination of Willow’s and William’s efforts, but she was soon standing up against him, in between his legs. Willow ran her hands up to his shoulders, up around to the back of his neck, playing with his hair there. William suggestively slid his hands up the front of her shirt where none of the others could see. Willow looked up into his eyes with a wicked grin on her face, feeling they were getting away with something. Grinning with her, he lowered his head and kissed her with enough heat to have her moving in even more snugly against him.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the parking lot, Buffy told the others about her engagement. All were excited it seemed, they hugged her and congratulated her and Cameron over and over again. Giles relented it seemed to the idea and smiled, saying he was happy for her. Buffy thought wiped tears of joy and hugged him too. Going to Cameron, Buffy felt him pulling her to him the rest of the way and accepted his kiss, kissing him back, so in love with him….

That night at Patrol…..

The Scoobies and Giles met at eight, in the cemetery. The sky was darkening more and they knew any vamps would be raring to go when it was official. It was different without Xander and Anya. Willow said, “It feels like part of us is missing.”

Buffy smiled at Willow and said, “I know, Will. It is new…but we’ll be okay.”

Willow said, “Oh, I know.”

Giles asked, “Will, how is your defense classes coming?”

Willow grinned at William as he walked up behind her and said, “I don’t know…how am I doing, teacher?”

William was confused for a minute, having come in late to this conversation. He said quietly, “Doing…?”

Willow said, “Self-defense classes.”

William put his arms around her and said, “Oh. She’s getting there. Kicked me good once, last week.” Willow felt bad about that for days, until she told him about it and he told her it was part of learning and that meant she was improving. Hearing that encouragement helped Willow forgive herself for kicking him to the bedroom floor. She held his hands and leaning back against him again as she liked, Willow replied, “I don’t need to be a slayer like you, Buffy or a warrior like William, but one day I’d like to feel comfortable walking anywhere, day or night and being able to defend myself.”

Buffy said confidently, “You will be, Will.”

Smiling, Willow said, “Thanks.”

Buffy walked over to where Cameron sat on a tomb, knowing they had a few minutes before the vamps decided to rise. She shared a kiss with him and discussed the wedding.

William pulled Willow aside away from everyone and said, “I’ve got plans for us tonight, Willow.” Smiling up at him, Willow said, “Really?” Teasing him some, she started to walk toward some of the tombs, further away from the group. She heard him coming up behind her and smiled when he all but ran to catch up with her. He said privately, “You being coy, girl?”

Smiling over at him she said, “A little maybe. How’s it affecting you?”

Pulling her quickly before she could react into a hidden crevice of a tomb, William looked into her eyes with passion in his. He said, “Does this tell you?” He moved in to her, causing Willow to meet the cool feel of a tomb at her back. Not caring, she wrapped her arms around his neck and accepted his reckless kiss. He deepened it, kissing her neck, then back to her mouth again. Willow understood where he wanted to go with this and matching it, she said, “Get me in somewhere secluded…not here….”

William picked her up and seeing they were alone as the group was far to the other side of the cemetery, gauging tonight to be a light weight night, he carried Willow into the place he had planned for her. It was an undiscovered crypt. Carrying her inside, he shut the door and locked it.

Giles said, “Where’s William and Willow?” Buffy grinned at Cameron and looking at Giles she said straight-faced, “Don’t know. Maybe they chose to do some investigating for vamps on their own.” Shrugging, Giles said, “Maybe so.” Cameron whispered, “You know, don’t you?” Nodding, Buffy whispered back, “I watched them leave.”

William set her on her feet and let her take in the room. Willow looked around and saw it was lit up with candles. Blankets were piled on the floor and pillows lay on there as well. She smiled and turning said to William, “I see what your plans for tonight were.”

William looked at Willow and said with a sly grin, “For some reason I wanted to be with you in here. It’s been coming on for months. It doesn’t creep you out does it?”

Walking to him, Willow shook her head and said with love in her eyes, “You fixed all this up for a special night with me?”

Nodding, William looked over Willow, wanting that shirt off of her, then meeting her eyes he said, “I did. Once in awhile I like to be romantic.”

Willow grinned, knowing she’d seen this side of him more than on occasion, but knowing it wasn’t good for his ego, she let it go. Reaching him, Willow said instead, “I like it. You did good.”

William chuckled and touching her lips with his fingers he slowly took off her duster, followed by that damn shirt that he wanted off. He tugged that off with a force that had Willow laughing initially, then seeing the passion in his eyes, feeling it inside her, she focused on William.

In the quiet of the crypt, Willow pushed his duster off his shoulders, not caring where it landed. She met his kisses with kisses right back. Pushing up his black tank top, Willow let it land wherever it wished like with the duster. Walking to him, she touched his stomach, running her hands up his chest, to behind his neck. Looking into his eyes, Willow saw the love there and smiling, she knew it was for her. She watched as he moved his head toward her, felt the contact of him kissing her with enough force to have her clinging on to him, kissing him back with equal wants.

While kissing her, William unhooked her green bra, slowly taking it off her body.

Willow said, “Closer.” He moved in to her so their bodies meshed. The truth was he’d do whatever she asked. He was that in love with Willow. He’d been thinking about this all day.

Willow felt the same things about William. She’d go anywhere with him in an instant if he asked and she knew he had to know by now that she’d follow his lead however he wanted in bed. She’d yet to be a leader, but it didn’t bother her. She was the kind of girl who liked a man being the aggressor. She could match him with everything in her, but she wanted him to initiate it.

Doing something new, William picked Willow up, while kissing her, then holding her in place, he began to give kisses to her from her jaw, all the way down her neck. Holding her firm so she wouldn’t fall, he repositioned her higher so he could kiss her breasts the way he wanted, the way she liked.

Willow’s head was dropped back, her shoulder length red hair dipped back with her. She called out William’s name and began to lose sight of everything. The room was getting incredibly hot.

William lowered them both to the heavy rabbit fur blankets and climbing on top he took her mouth in intense kisses. Willow lowered her hands to her jeans and unbuttoning them, unzipping them, she managed to kick them off along with her blue bikini panties, while he kissed her, while she kissed him back.

William moved his mouth to her neck again, hearing Willow’s breathing increasing. Lowering his mouth even more, he kissed past her breasts, to her stomach, to beyond.

Willow grabbed the blankets around her, dropping her head back and gasping, feeling her eyes getting wet and tears falling. When he brought her over, Willow said shakily, “William…”

He moved back up her body, kissing her as he went, and reaching her face, seeing how flushed it was, the look in her eyes, William said, “I love you, Will.” Willow smiled and said breathy, “I love you, William.” William kissed her mouth as he undid his pants and took them off. Returning to Willow, William kissed her sweetly, then wanting more, he asked for it from Willow by the desperation in his eyes. She willingly turned her face and creating a new angle to kiss her, gave him more. It was dynamic and took them both to the place where they needed everything. William said, “Willow…” Willow picked up on his vulnerability—she picked up on it because she felt it too. Touching his face with her hands, she said, “Come here…” As William moved into Willow’s embrace, she wrapped her arms around his neck. This was William, the man she loved. Willow smiled, gladly accepting his mouth as it descended on hers, kissing her with anticipation. Willow continued to kiss him as she felt his body joining hers on the blankets. They moved across the blankets purposefully and didn’t know completion until the very end when they reached that arena of pleasure that they could only get from each other.

Willow awoke early the following morning, before William, with an incredibly nauseous feeling to her stomach. Throwing on her shirt and pants, she opened the door to the crypt and retched repeatedly. It wasn’t until it was over that she held her chest with her hand and said softly, “Oh no…”

TBC….

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re-A Love She Couldn't Deny (B/S; W/W, B/C)

A Love She Couldn’t Deny
(Rating R or What's Allowed!)

By, Angelrose242000

Part Twenty-Five—Dance with Me

Saturday, May 2, 2010, One Month Later…

Buffy hadn’t called her mom in weeks. Too much had been going on with her life here that she simply hadn’t. Dialing the number now, she let it ring and ring. Finally her mom picked up and she said, “Hi, mom.”

Joyce said, “Buffy. It’s so good to hear from you. How are you?”

Buffy smiled, sitting on her couch as she said, “I’m good. I have some news that I thought you’d like to hear.”

Joyce said, “You’re back together with William.” Hopeful, Joyce added, “Oh, Buffy, I knew you would be.”

Buffy shook her head—as was typical—and said, “I’m not back with William. That’s been over for sometime.” Maybe it had been longer than a few weeks, Buffy thought guiltily. Could it have been months since she called mom?

Joyce took her snack to the table of her kitchen and sitting, she asked, “How are you?”

Buffy said with a smile, “Me? I’m good. It hurt in the beginning…for both of us…but we’ve gotten past it and we have stayed best friends.”

Joyce smiled and said, “That’s wonderful, Buffy. And who knows? Maybe…”

Buffy said, “Mom, William and I aren’t getting back together. I’m in love with someone else and so is he. It’s been six months and in that time, I met a man that I’ve fallen in love with. His name is Cameron Winthrope.”

Joyce said, “The big photographer who does those beautiful pictures. I’ve seen some of his work.”

Buffy smiled and said, “Yep, that’s the same guy. He convinced me that I could get over William…at a time when I nearly lost it like I did after the symposium…actually that was after Anya got me out of the house…but you get what I’m saying. Hopefully.”

Joyce enjoyed hearing Buffy’s stories. She’d planned to come up for a visit actually because it had been awhile since she had seen her. This was a nice surprise. Smiling, Joyce said, “So you’ve fallen in love. I’m so happy, Buffy.”

Buffy said, “He’s proposed to me mom.” Her mom’s scream of joy over the phone had Buffy holding the phone away from her ear, and saying, “Mom! My ears.” But she laughed, so relieved that her mom was accepting this.

Joyce asked, “When is it? I’ll need to book a flight.”

Buffy was concerned about this. She said slowly, “Next month…and before you ask what William did…no, I’m not pregnant.”

Joyce said, “Well it is sudden, but I’m on the next flight. I am so excited, Buffy. We have things to plan and I’m gonna have to talk with Bridget again. Get her to cover for me. But that’s all immaterial compared to this. I’ll be there Monday morning, early.”

Buffy smiled and said, “I love you, mom.”

Joyce said, “I love you too, Buffy.”

Buffy hung up the phone giddy that morning. Mom was coming to help plan her wedding. Buffy began to pick up the house, mom was coming in two days and Buffy wanted it clean especially for her mom….
…………………………………………………………………

Willow woke up that same morning and was yet again in the bathroom. She guessed it must be some kind of a bug that hung on for weeks. She’d heard the others talking about it. It wasn’t a nice thing at all. She hoped William didn’t get it.

Washing out her mouth, using some of the mouthwash he had, then rinsing the cup out in hot water to sterilize it, she walked to William’s bedroom and seeing him sleeping in bed, she climbed back in next to him. Pulling the blankets over them both, Willow lay her head on his warm chest and wrapped her arm around his waist, smiling.

Two hours later…

William took Willow out that Saturday to play Mini Golf. They’d been coming pretty regularly and both were fierce competitors. Continuing to do things together and go places as they had when just friends, they had a pretty active, busy relationship. William knew Willow now well enough on a personal level, spending time with her, watching as she smiled at him, her face brightening, he knew that her heart was his now. Was it too soon for him to be thinking about the future with her? It was irrelevant if it was, William thought as they played golf that sunny day. The fact was he was thinking of these things. It wasn’t just passion that he felt for Willow; it wasn’t only images of being with her intimately that had him thinking of tomorrow. No, it was more. He’d always wanted to find someone that he could spend the rest of his life with and there was no one else in his heart or his mind that he wanted that with than Willow. He pictured seeing her every day, he pictured a family with Willow.

Keeping it to himself because they had only been together a handful of months, William didn’t want to scare her. He enjoyed this, spending Saturdays with Willow at the mini Golf Park or the grocery store, it didn’t matter. When Willow said, “It’s your turn, William.” He smiled, putting those thoughts away for now and stepped forward to putt.
…………………………………………………………………………….

Cameron picked Buffy up at around three that Saturday afternoon and took her roller-skating. To some it might sound fifth grade romance, but Buffy actually enjoyed roller-skating. She and Cameron had gone numerous times since being together. Cameron tied up his skates, smiling at Buffy, watching her fighting hers. He said, “Here, want some help?”
Aggravated at herself, Buffy said, “Sure. I don’t remember having this problem last week.”

Cameron thought to himself that she had and she knew it, but he wasn’t going to say that. He didn’t want to be a jerk, so he smiled and said, “Must be whoever work them this week.” He spent about five minutes longer than necessary to make it look like it was a problem with the way it was laced—because he loved Buffy and he didn’t want to embarrass her.

She smiled, taking his hand he offered and walked with him onto the rink. After skating side by side for ten minutes, she said, “That was sweet, what you did.”

Cameron said, “What did I do?”

Putting her arm around his waist and looking up into his emerald green eyes, Buffy said, “It’s not important. I know.” He smiled at her and tilting her chin up he lowered his full mouth the few inches to hers and kissed her. Moving her hand to his neck, then up through his thick black hair, she gently urged his mouth back on hers and kissed him back as they stood on the ice….

Spending the afternoon skating, they left the rink at around six. Cameron looked at Buffy and said, “Hungry?”

Changing shoes with him, Buffy said, “Probably should. I have to…” Seeing the people nearby she modified, “meet the others tonight. It’s Saturday.”

Nodding, understanding, respecting her for her calling, Cameron said, “Let’s go then.” Together they left the Roller Rink, holding hands as they made their way to his Plymouth.

Later that same night……

Cameron and Buffy drove up to the cemetery, seeing that William and Willow and Giles were already there. Buffy looked at Cameron as he parked and said, “Thanks for the skating…and dinner. I had a good time.”

Cameron turned to Buffy and said full of devotion, “So did I. I think about you all the time, Buffy and I can’t wait till you walk down the aisle to me.”

Buffy moved closer and said, “It’s only a matter of a few weeks. And…my mom’s coming on Monday. She knows about us and is excited.”

Cameron ran his hand through her blonde hair and looking into her blue eyes he said, “Does she know that I’m completely in love with you?”

Smiling, Buffy said, “She does now. She also knows that I love you.”

Cameron moved in and kissed Buffy. Buffy kissed him back with her love in her kiss, feeling as Cameron pulled her to him in a romantic embrace. Parked at enough of a distance from the others that the car was barely visible, Cameron encouraged his kiss with Buffy. Smiling up at him she said, “We’ll have to hurry. Giles is going to expect us at any minute.”

Cameron and Buffy climbed in back where they had more room and carefully they came together.

Giles watched with William and Willow as Buffy and Cameron walked over the path into the cemetery, arm in arm. Giles said, “Was there trouble Buffy?”

Giving him a funny look, Buffy said, “Huh?”

Giles said with a strain to his voice, “Yes, trouble in the form of demons or vampires. I figure you must have encountered something to be late. You’re never late on patrol night.”

William and Willow watched as Buffy and Cameron tried to come up with some sort of an answer as to the lateness of their arrival. William had an idea what had kept them and was enjoying this, until he saw Buffy’s little girl face that said she was getting busted by her dad. Giving Buffy a go-along-with-it look, William said, “Didn’t you say you were going to be late because you were going out of town to do some wedding shopping?” Picking up on this, and smiling at him, Willow said, “Yeah…for last minute things. I remember that too.”

Cameron owed them both one. Buffy looked at Giles and said, “I was just about to tell you that, Giles, before you started in.”

Giles said, “Oh. Well, I’m glad you got your shopping taken care of. Now what’s your plan for this patrol?”

Pulling her hair back up into a clip, Buffy said, “William and Willow you take the left side. Giles, you me and Cam here can take the right. Everyone got weapons?”

William opened his duster and showed his, followed by Willow. Over the past few months, she had been watching and learning how to steak right along with William. Cameron was equipped and so was Giles. Buffy said, “Good. Let’s go. Meet back up in the middle when it’s over.”

Willow fought right beside William and when the last was dust on their end, she felt herself getting weak. She said, “William I’ve…got to…sit for a minute.” Her voice was uneven, short.

William didn’t think much of it at first, they had three of the uglies in a row. Willow was still a beginner at patrol. So he said, “Sounds like a good plan to me, let’s take a break.” He took a seat on a tomb and lit a cigarette, smoking for a few minutes. Finally when he didn’t hear or see her, he said, “Will, honey, you okay?” When she didn’t answer he looked to where she had gone.

Willow didn’t answer, which had him concerned.

Leaping off the headstone, William looked around and said, “Willow?”

Willow mumbled slowly, “On…the…ground. Over…here.”

William searched the area until he found her. She was lying curled up behind the Stoves tombstone. Seeing her next to motionless, William freaked out. He moved to the ground in seconds, pulling Willow up into his arms. Her face looked so pale. He knew she was sick, or catching something, she’d been talking about it and he had heard her getting up and vomiting for weeks. He patted her face and got her eyes to open. When she looked at him she said, “What…happened?”

William said, “I’d like to know that myself. Come on. We’re going home.” Picking her up into his arms, William moved across the yard saying, “Buffy!”

Buffy had been visiting with Giles and Cameron by one of the oak trees, waiting for the next attack. When she heard her name being called…called in a concerned way by William, she got up and made her way there.

Spotting Willow in William’s arms, the pale look on her face, Buffy said with fear in her voice, “What’s wrong? Did a vamp get her?”

William said, “No, I don’t think so. I was there with her…plus I checked her over for that. She’s been complaining of being sick for weeks. I don’t know what it is, but I’m telling you, first thing in the morning, we’re gonna find out. A flu bug shouldn’t last this bloody long or cause fainting spells—at least not that I’m aware of.”

Buffy said offhandedly, “Xander’s sick. And a girl I work with has been out of work for a week being sick. It’s going around.”

Nodding, taking that in, William said, “Whatever it is, I’m taking her home, Buffy.”

Nodding, Buffy said, “Fine. I’ll…tell Giles. He’ll understand. Let me know what you find out tomorrow. I’m worried now too.”

William said, “I will.”

Buffy caught his look of fear and touching his arm, she said, “Willow’s gonna be okay…I’m sure of it.”

William wished he could be….
……………………………………………………..

Realizing there was no doctor office open on a Sunday irritated William. The night before had been hell, watching Willow sleep and not being able to do much more than talk to her when she came to and wetting her forehead with a cloth. Kissing her on her mouth. Laying beside her and sleeping with her in his arms. It didn’t feel enough. He wanted answers. Not being told that the town shut down on Sunday!
Instinct told him he didn’t want to wait till Monday. So he called the Sunnydale Hospital and telling them she was sick and the situation, they asked that he bring her in. So he walked into the bedroom and saw that she was sitting up. Surprised he said, “Willow? How are you?”

Willow said, “Tired…very tired. And…” doubling over, she ran to the bathroom and vomited. Going to the door he said, “Anything I can do?”

Willow heaved a moment more and said miserably, “Nope. I’ll be out in a few minutes.”

William said, “Will, honey, I think we should go see someone at the ER. Find out what is wrong. This has been going on too long.”

Willow hesitated coming out, then rinsing her mouth she walked out and said, “I don’t need to go to the ER. I…need to sit…and talk with you.”

Sitting on the bed, watching as he joined her, Willow faced a moment she told herself she never wanted to. Not like this.

William said, “What is it, Willow?”

Willow took William’s hand and crossed fingers with his. She let this last a second, then clasped it with her other hand. Taking a deep breath, she looked up into William’s eyes and knew she was risking everything by saying what she had to, but knowing he was worried, that he had a right to know, Willow forced the words out. “I’m pregnant…or at this point I strongly believe I am. I’ve not gone to the doctor yet.”

William surprised her even more by taking her into his arms and hugging her tightly to him. Surprised but needing it somehow, Willow wrapped her arms around him and held on, letting the tears fall. He said, “Do you know how worried I was last night? How worried I’ve been for weeks? I thought something serious was wrong with you, Will.”

Willow pulled back and averting her eyes, she said solemnly, “Well…it is serious and unplanned. I should have gotten on something when we got together…I just put it off which is not like me. It’s my fault. I’m sorry….” Willow felt tears falling over her fears and guilt and wiping them away she waited for him to yell at her or simply to ask her to leave. She expected him to break things off with her, feeling she had kept something from him, even though she really hadn’t as she had no proof of it yet, just major suspicion. If he did, even though she knew it would be understandable, Willow knew she’d be destroyed.

William said, “Willow? Honey look at me.”

Willow said, “I…can’t.”

William smiled and turned her chin with his hand, so she faced him. Looking into her eyes, he got her to look at him. Willow didn’t see anger or blame. She saw surprise…and happiness? No, she was wishing that was there.

William said, “I am in love with you, Willow. My love for you isn’t just what we share under these sheets at night, its everything we are together. It doesn’t stop because you tell me you’re pregnant. Unlike how others might see it, I find hearing I’m going to be a dad to be good news.”

Willow wiped more tears and said, “You do?”

William grabbed Willow’s hands, holding them as he looked into her eyes and said, “Yeah. I haven’t mentioned this to you yet because…I was afraid you would be scared off.”

Willow said, “William you couldn’t scare me off, no matter what it is.”

William drew Willow closer to him, facing her as he said, “Willow I’ve been thinking about us, a lot over the past few months.”

Willow said with a smile, “I’ve been thinking about you too.”

William said, “Not just you, love, but us. As a couple. Willow I love everything about you, your smile, your sense of humor, the way you love me when I’m on my best behavior or my worst. I don’t want to see tomorrow without you.”

Willow said, “You don’t have to…I’m right here.”

William kissed her and said, “I know. You are where I want you, Will, where I want you for the rest of my life.”

Catching on, Willow felt tears coming again, her heart expanding, as she said, “William…?”

William brushed her hair out of her eyes, framing her face with his hand as he said, “Marry me, girl.”

Smiling broadly through tears, Willow said, “Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you, William. I love you.”

William said, “I love you.”

William kissed Willow again and again….

Later that Sunday….

William and Willow drove over to the agreed spot, at the high school parking lot. When they got there, Cameron and Buffy were there, Xander with a Kleenex in his hand next to Anya and little Alex in her arms. They sat at the small white campus tables, waiting to hear about Willow.

Dressed in dusters and black slacks and tops, William and Willow climbed out of the car, meeting at the back of the firebird. He looked down into her eyes and said, “No matter what they say, I love you.” Touching his face, Willow said, “It won’t change anything. I love you too much.” William pulled Willow to him and kissed her one more time then the two walked hand in hand around the side of the car, across the parking lot. William moved his arm around her shoulders, she leaned in to him, with hers around his waist as they walked.

Buffy looked at Willow, then at William and said, “So did you get to doctor?”

William squeezed Willow’s shoulders and said, “We’re going first thing in the morning. Since offices around here all seem to be closed on Sundays.” Looking at Willow, he said, “Pick a table, Will.”

Willow chose one that was big enough to stretch her legs and William sat beside her. Looking at the group, Willow said, “I’m sorry if I freaked you out last night, Buffy…or worried any of you.”

Buffy said, “Well we were worried, but it’s not your fault. You can’t help it when you’re sick, Will.”

Xander sneezed and said miserably, “Tell me about it. I’ve been on my back for days with this thing.”

Willow looked up at William for a second, holding his hand beneath the table and looking at Buffy and the others as she said, “I’m sorry you’re sick, Xander…but what I have…I don’t think it applies to that.”

Xander said in an ornery voice, “Oh really? What’s wrong with you?”

Willow said matter-of-factly, “I’m pregnant.”

A silence befell the Scoobies….

Xander said, “Pre..pregnant?”

Willow said, “Yeah, Xander. I’m pregnant.”

Xander said, “How do you know? What makes you think you’re pregnant?”

Willow gave him an incredulous look as she said, “How do I know? I’ve been having morning sickness for over a month, I’m over-emotional, and since you’ve asked, I missed a period.” Seeing his disgust over mentioning her period, she grinned and said, “You asked. I’m also engaged to William. He asked me to marry him and I’ve accepted.”

She showed the shiny emerald ring that he had just bought before coming here that day.

Xander turned and said, “I never understood what you or Buffy saw in that guy. How could you sleep with someone that has a history of drinking blood and vamping out every night? Doesn’t it gross you out to think of all the things he’s done?”

Willow found she didn’t need to be concerned about this. She looked at Xander and said firmly, “You want to know what disgusts me Xander?” She didn’t wait for his answer, she went on, “I’ll tell you, you and anyone else here that has a problem with what has happened between William and I. What disgusts me is that I am 30 years old and after all these years of us being friends, I still have to answer to your attitudes. If you don’t think what I’m doing is right, I hear about it. I fell in love with William as Spike when I was 19 years old, yes as a bloody vampire. But I held it inside, I didn’t tell anyone, not any of you, not him, because I didn’t want to catch the disapproval that I would face if I did. So for over ten years I pretended I didn’t like him so that I fit into your little circle of acceptance. I grew tired of it.”

William watched in amazement, loving her even more for her declaration….

Willow continued, “I am in love with William as a man, in all ways. I love who he was then and who he is now. You ask how I could sleep with him? How could I not? I love him. Just like you love an ex-demon and have fathered her child.” Xander sat feeling as low as he should. He started to say something. Willow said, “I’m not finished. I told my parents five years ago that if they couldn’t accept me as I was then they could stay the hell in New York and I’d stay here. It applies to all of you. I love you as family,” she started to cry and wiping her tears she said, “but if you can’t or won’t accept me and my choice, to marry Spike, to have his child, then to hell with you all!” She got up off the seat and left with William or Spike as she referred to him then leaving with her….

Cameron looked at Buffy and saw her hurt. He asked, “What is it, Buffy?”

Buffy said, “Willow is one of my best friends. What she said is the truth. We were wrong. We bullied each other, beat each other down when we were supposed to be friends, beating down enemies.”

Xander said meanly, “You only say that because you were with him too.”

Buffy jumped up on the table and storming over to him, picking him up by his shirt, she looked into his eyes and said flatly, “I say what I mean, I always have. One thing about Spike and William that I loved was his way of proving to me what I needed to know. Guess what? One of those things is that you are a self-righteous jerk who turns his nose up at whatever he doesn’t understand.” Letting go of him, watching him fall, she said, “Anya, I’m sorry, but I can’t be around Xander…not now anyway.” Anya felt torn for her loyalties to Xander and those to Buffy. She smiled partway and said, “I know…we won’t…interfere anymore. I’m sorry.” She got up with Alex on her arm and all but drug Xander away from the others.

Shaking, Buffy stepped down with Cameron’s help and looking up at him she said, “I’m sorry you had to see that.”

Cameron said with love in his eyes, “See you defending a friend of yours and yourself? I’m not sorry for seeing that. I admire it.”

Smiling, Buffy went into his arms and said, “I don’t know how I could be friends with such a hypocrite all those years…but I was.”

Cameron said gently, “Xan’s a good guy, he just…spoke before he thought. He will realize what he’s said and feel bad, Buffy. He’ll come around.”

Buffy lay her head on his chest and said, “I hope so. For Willow especially. What he said…it really hurt her.”

Cameron said, “I know.”

Willow and William drove back home, to William’s apartment, and sat at the table, talking. William said, “You okay, love?”

Wiping tears and looking in his eyes with love, Willow said, “Yeah…I am. Thanks.” She added, “William, I am so sorry that I wasn’t big enough to tell you how I felt ten years ago.” She felt more tears fall at this and wiped them.

William pulled Willow close and said, “It doesn’t matter now. That was ten years ago. What’s important to me, Will, is knowing that you love me and for you to know that I love you.”

Willow ran her hands up his arms and looking in his eyes she said, “I know you love me and I love you. It still hurts to know that Xander was supposed to be my friend, yet he never saw me as any good. Not me. The real me. Just the girl he pictured in his mind.”

William touched her face and drawing it up to him he said, “Xander is noted for being a poofter, Will. You know that.” He smiled, catching a grin from her as he said more seriously, “Tomorrow we’ll figure out where we stand with the others, with what all was said.” Grabbing her hands and holding them in his, William said from his heart, “What matters now is you, Willow, and me. Knowing that there is a baby inside you that we made through our love that was shared.” Drawing his mouth down to hers he kissed her softly, wiping her tears.

Emotional, Willow said, “Oh William…” She kissed him back and felt him picking her up. Continuing the sweet kiss, William carried her on into his bedroom. With sincerity and love, he undressed Willow, lowering her back on the bed and showing her how beautiful she was to him, how much he cared….

TBC…

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part Twenty-Six—Plans

Sunday, May 3, 2010

Willow drove over to Buffy’s that evening. Knocking on her door she waited for Buffy to answer it, feeling guilty. The sky was darkening and thunder was sounding over Sunnydale. Willow hoped Buffy was home. She didn’t like storms. She used to stay inside her parents’ house as a kid not even attempting to go outside if the sky hinted at a storm coming. It was silly, but they made her uncomfortable.

Willow found herself looking around in windows. Buffy watched this as she walked up the driveway. Smiling she said, “Hey, Will.”

Willow turned abruptly and said glad, “Oh good. You are home. Buffy…I need to talk to you.”

Waving one last time to Cameron as he drove off, Buffy headed to the front door of her house and unlocking it she said, “Come on then.” Buffy was feeling pretty guilty herself. Yesterday shouldn’t have gone the way it had and Buffy had felt it all last night and all day today…she’d spoken with Cameron about it again tonight.

The two friends walked inside and Buffy locked the door. Willow said with a smile of nostalgia, “Man, Buffy, I remember having slumber parties in this room,” it was Buffy’s living room.

Buffy smiled and said, “I know. Me too.”

Willow watched as Buffy kicked out of her shoes and did the same, sitting on the couch as Buffy headed for the EZ chair. She looked at her engagement ring and smiled. Looking up at Buffy she said soberly, “In a few weeks we’re going to be married women…can you believe it?”
Looking at her own ring, Buffy shook her head and said happily, “I can’t.” Pausing a moment, she asked, “So when you and William do marry, are you going to move into his place…or he into yours?”

Willow met her eyes and said, “His…it is nicer and not a hazard to human life.” She grinned and saw Buffy laugh over it.

Buffy said, “Yeah. I have to say his place is the better place to have a little one.”

Both friends said together, “I’m sorry.”

Buffy said, “Why are you sorry, Will? You were right in what you said. Completely, Willow. We have been too hard on each other for years. It was wrong.”

Willow said honestly, “I went off a lot yesterday…said things that I know had to hurt. I was upset by what Xander said. I can say this now because I know you are totally in love with Cameron so I will.” Meeting Buffy’s eyes firmly, Willow said, “I am in love with William. Xander, Giles, my parents, the man in the moon can say whatever they like about me, but I won’t sit and listen to attacks on my boyfriend without firing up. Yeah he might have been a vampire, but there are secrets that no one knows about that I did. Not even he knows. One time…” grinning, Willow said, “I snuck into his flat. It was years ago, before the two of you got together, Buffy…but I snuck in and seeing he wasn’t’ there, I stuck a healthy supply of the red stuff in his fridge. A couple years later…at a Halloween Party, I dressed up as a Countess.”

Buffy was surprised. She said with a smile, “I…I’m not remembering this, Willow. Refresh my memory.”

Willow said, “I had bought two costumes and wore a Maid suit to school that covered everything from my neck to my thighs. I wasn’t big on showing off back then.”

Buffy said, “You were a nun in Eastland boots, Will.”

Willow laughed and said, “Not really. Oh sure, I was shy as ever…I was…”
Buffy said, “Back to this bad girl Countess suit. I want details Will.”

Willow grinned and said, “Well…after the party ended at the college dance…I changed into my Countess costume and went to an underground party on the bad side of Sunnydale. I knew or had an idea that a certain someone would be there…I was right.” She grinned. I wore a wig and was convincingly unlike my Willow self, so he didn’t recognize me. But anyway back the story. The party was in a rundown building when I got there. I remember seeing a good majority dancing…suggestively in the center. Some were at tables for two, drinking and eating…” grinning wickedly at Buffy she said, “Okay, just drinking. It was a vamp party.”

Buffy’s eyes grew large and she said, “Willow! I can’t believe I’m hearing this. Go on, I want to hear what happened next.”

Willow said, “Mmmm. Well, I moved around among the undead…and I saw him. He was talking with some of his friends, dressed in black, in his duster and slacks his platinum hair and brown eyes drawing me closer each time he laughed…or truth be told uttered a sound. I remember thinking, ‘Look at me, damn it. Look at me.’ Finally he turned and looked at me. He let his eyes drop down over all of me. It was the first time he had ever done that. He walked over to me and grinning, I’m thinking for his friends…he said, ‘Hello Sweetie. Got something there for me?’”

Buffy said, “Which you repelled, right? Right? Willow?”

Willow blushed and said, “I looked him over and said in my sexiest impression of seductress, “Depends….” I started to walk off and he followed me. I managed to get into one of the downstairs rooms…or what could be considered a room I guess. It was more walls and a floor.”

Buffy could imagine it. She’d fought demons in places like that. Fascinated she said, “He followed you in there?”

Willow said, “He did. He shoved the door shut and moved in to me…, which made me nervous. I mean I could fantasize all I wanted, because in daydreams I had the controls, I could say how things went. But this was real. Part of me was excited, so going with that, I moved with him into his arms. He kissed me, Buffy…quite passionately. I’d never been kissed like that before….Not by anyone. I kissed him back.” Willow’s head dropped and Buffy said gently, “What happened?”

Willow looked up and said with a grin she could feel now, “I realized very quickly that I wasn’t a seductress…at least not then…and I wasn’t ready.”

Buffy waited for Willow to continue, seeing that it bothered her still, even though she tried to smile and laugh it off.

Willow said, “I looked at him and said, ‘Stop…I’m not ready.’ And you know what? Despite what Xander likes to think, he stopped. I left feeling so stupid and dirty…portraying a Drusilla when I wasn’t like that. I realized that I had to be myself if I was going to get with him.”

Buffy wanted to strangle Xander and said, “And you have him, Will. You have him. It took a while, but you got your bad boy.”

Willow said with a grin, “I did. When we were together our first night it was right. But he doesn’t know about my Countess costume.”

Buffy gauged this and said, “You ought to tell him, Will. Let him know that you were the girl he kissed that night. I think he’d like knowing you did that to be with him. It’s sweet, Willow.”

Willow smiled and said, “Thanks. He wants to marry me outside. We are going tomorrow to pick my dress. He said he’d get whatever dress I want. There’s this really pretty blush colored gown that Beasley’s Depot has on Circuit Avenue. But…” shaking her head, Willow said with a laugh, “It’s outrageous in price.”

Buffy said, “You deserve outrageous, Will. You’ve seen my gown. It was steep in price too. Cam said I was worth it. I think William thinks you are too.”

Willow said, “He does.” Excitement rushing through her, Willow said with a sneaky grin, “There is one thing I requested of him. After we say I do, I want a ride.” Seeing Buffy’s grin, Willow said, “I’ve asked him to rent a bike. Damn it I am going to go cruising with him in the dark of night on a motorcycle, dressed in black leather. You should have seen him grin when I suggested this.”

Buffy said, “Oh, I’ll bet. I’ll bet.”

Willow asked from her heart, “Buffy…you don’t think I’m…playing into his past too much…his daring side…do you?”

Buffy said, “Will these are things you need to ask him. I can’t speak for William. My opinion, though, is no. You aren’t. I think you are having a good time with someone you’ve waited your whole life for.”

Willow smiled and said, “I am Buffy.”

Buffy said, “Okay…so let’s munch and talk about the weddings…enough of this mellow stuff.”

Willow agreed and took part.

The girls visited the better part of an hour, talking about their guys and the weddings coming around the corner….
……………………………………………………………….

Cameron and Buffy met Joyce at the airport early the next morning. Joyce took in Cameron. Tall, dark, dark hair and green eyes, and he was nicely built for his age. He was attractive, Joyce thought. They walked to her and Joyce could see the love there. She had come initially expecting to be disappointed. She didn’t’ think any man could replace William, but Cameron soon proved her wrong. He was flattering, he carried her bags and was respectful. He didn’t cop a feel of Buffy in front of her. Joyce quickly found herself taking a liking to Cameron. He was the right one.

They spent the day together, going out to breakfast and lunch, catching Joyce up on events. Then to her surprise, William and Willow were seen walking out of Beasley’s with Willow’s favorite gown in a big white bag.

Joyce and Buffy were eating at The Tasty Shoppe with Cameron, across the bricked Plaza. Joyce looked at Buffy and said, “Buffy? Is that Willow wearing black leather?” Willow jumped up and down over the dress, and put her arms around William hugging him, then was pulled up against him by William and kissed. She grabbed his duster and leaning in kissed him back thoroughly.

Nodding and smiling, Buffy took a drink of her slurpy and said, “Yep.” When William and Willow looked over and saw Buffy, Cameron and Joyce, Buffy stood and waved them over. Buffy looked at her mom and said, “No funny looks or wise cracks, mom. Willow takes it to heart.”

Cameron said, “Yeah. Did Xander ever go over today and apologize?”

Shrugging, Buffy said, “I don’t think so…I think Anya is insisting he stay clear of us. She was embarrassed last Saturday.”
Joyce watched as Buffy and Cameron welcomed William and Willow to the table. She smiled and said, “It’s good seeing you again, William.”

William said, “You too, Joyce. I see you are entertaining Cameron here. Or is it the other way around?”

Joyce smiled at Cameron and said, “He’s been very charming. Buffy seems to have found another good one.”

William said, “There are more than just the two of us, you know, Joyce. Giles is still around and last time I heard he was paying a lot of attention to you.”

Rolling her eyes, Joyce said, “The day that Rupert Giles actually makes a move on me, a real one, is a day that will be worth writing on my calendar. No, he’s too…afraid of taking that step. I’ve got too much going on in my life to wait around. Even if he does make me smile every time I’m in a room with him.” She added with a fond smile.

William had been grinning at Willow off and on the entire time and now he pulled her chair closer and asked, “You hungry?”

Smelling food for the since before going into Beasley’s, Willow was starved! She knew Joyce knew nothing about the baby and gave William a look that said she wanted to keep it that way, for now. She didn’t want to see the looks or any possible assumptions—wrong though they’d be—it was something Willow wasn’t sure she wanted to deal with yet.

William added, “I did pick you up early.” Smiling up at him she said, “Sure. I could eat.”

Joyce asked, “So how have you been, Willow?”

Willow let her hand play with William’s as she said, “Fine. I’m working full time for Giles, as his receptionist. My mom asks about you…in letters she sends me.”

Joyce picked up on that and said, “Still aren’t talking, huh?”

Shaking her head, Willow said, “Nope. Haven’t since college graduation.”

Joyce said, “That’s a shame, Willow. I know she loves you.”

Willow took this in and said, “She didn’t accept me…”

Joyce said, “What was to accept? You are a remarkable woman, Willow.”

William said, “I try to tell her that, but she still fights me on it.”

Buffy said, “Nothing wrong with being modest, is there Will?”

Willow smiled at Buffy and said thank you when Joyce wasn’t looking. When Joyce looked back at her, Willow said, “My mother and I just didn’t click. She didn’t like my interests…let’s just put it that way.” She glanced up at William then and caught his surprise, then the way he moved his hand under the table and clasped hers.

Buffy caught Willow’s meaning too and grinned thinking, No, I’ll bet she didn’t like that. Looking up at Cameron, Buffy smiled and said, “We all have those.” Cameron kissed Buffy and Joyce watched for a reaction in William. He didn’t show one. He was totally into Willow. That was when Joyce knew it was over for good. Accepting it, she smiled and visited with the group as they ate a late breakfast. She ate herself. It had been a long flight and the airplane she was on served lousy options for food. Joyce enjoyed a healthy supply of pancakes and eggs and a tall glass of orange juice, while listening to wedding plans and offering suggestions for both couples….

……………………………………………………………………..

The following Friday, they all went out to a street party. The entire Scooby gang was there and so was Giles. Joyce spotted him instantly. She smiled and waved and caught him as he walked up to her saying, “Joyce! I didn’t know you were back in town.” He gave Buffy a long look, like Why didn’t you tell me? Buffy grinned and taking Cameron’s hand, putting down her drink, she said, “Have fun guys.” They went to dancing and Giles went to visiting with just the prettiest lady here tonight, he thought.

This was a night off of staking for the group. Giles—yes Giles--demanded it.

So everyone mingled and danced. William and Willow walked in, dressed in their matching dusters, Willow with her hair pulled up into a clip. Her arm around his waist, his around hers, Willow looked up at William and said, “You look on edge.”

William looked around uneasily and said, “Not on edge, cautious. This is Friday night…the perfect time and place for a crash of uglies. I’m concerned about you being here, Willow. I’m gonna stay close to you tonight.”

Willow walked up against him and said privately, “I’m not going to mind.” William smiled and sliding his hand inside her duster, he grabbed her behind and pulled her up against him right now. Keeping his hand there, he used his left one to tilt her face a way he liked as he lowered his full mouth to hers and kissed her playfully, then more purposeful. Willow gave back, running her hands up and down his shirt.

Taking her hand he said, “We could dance, love…or we could find a cozy corner and be really naughty.”

Hesitating as both sounded good to her just then, Willow said, “Dance first then naughtiness.”

So they walked into the crowd and began to dance with the rest. Enjoying leaning against William, feeling his arms around her, she danced with him. Willow listened to his heart beating, with her head on his chest, for the moment dancing to a slow song. Willow felt his hands on her back and discovered dancing with William, moving against him like she was for the dance…it reminded Willow of intimacy. She wanted to slide her hands under his shirt, run kisses on his belly. Willow caught herself turning her face and kissing his chest and his neck. William let his hands run up and down on her back, much like he would in foreplay.

Thinking about the naughty stuff, she whispered up at him, “William?”

William said, “Hmmm?”

Willow said, “I love you.” William looked into her eyes and said from his heart, “I love you, Willow.”

Sliding her hands up behind his neck, Willow said, “This is so romantic, dancing with you like this. It reminds me of when we’re alone.”

William caught what she said and the look in her eyes. It matched his own ideas and feelings. Moving closer, he said quietly, “It’s just us, Willow. Just us.” He lowered his mouth and kissed her. Willow moved in closer and kissed him back with a passion that played on this dream scene, that it was just them, alone. She moved up against him looking him in the eyes with the interest in hers. Sliding his hand inside her duster, while holding her protectively in his embrace to keep this private, William slid his hand beneath her shirt. Finding her breast without a barrier, William massaged it, caressed it. Catching Willow about to gasp, he kissed her to block her cries.

Willow wanted to be closer and walked the remaining inch or two up against him. She smiled with William as she felt him moving his arms in a way that encircled her snugger and allowed his duster to encase the two of them more. Willow did something she never did, she acted brazen out in the open. Moving her hips close to his, she danced with him. William kissed her deeper now, blocking his own pants now, and he moved into her, holding her tighter against him. Blending in with the dancers around them that were dancing just as close and chummy like with their partners, William braced his legs a certain way and looking down into Willow’s passionate eyes he kissed her again and continued the dance. Grateful that the songs played were all fast and powerful and loud William and Willow wickedly reached bliss together, fully clothed. Holding her face with his hands, framing it, he said intensely, “I love you, Will.” Willow touched his face too with her hands and said, “I…love you…William.” Seeing her tears, he smiled and wiped them, kissing her sweetly. Then pulling her to his side, their dusters draped down at their sides, William whispered in her ear, “Let’s go home.” He kissed her neck after.

Nodding, grinning up at him, Willow put her arm around his waist and felt him wrapping his arm around her. Buffy and Cameron danced and so did Giles and Joyce. When William and Willow headed out, they did it quietly….

Lying together in bed thirty minutes later, Willow said, “William?”

William said, “Hmmm?”

Willow replied, “I was just thinking of something that I hadn’t mentioned to you before…I wonder if you even knew.”

William said, “Knew what, Will?” He rose some and looked into her eyes.

Willow said, “A vamp party, five years ago. Halloween time. You and your buddies were talking. I walked in, dressed as a Countess.”

Hearing her, William let all of it in, the memories and all. He grinned at her and said, “Willow why the hell didn’t you just tell me it was you? That you wanted me?”

Willow leisurely touched his chest, as she looked up at him, on her belly, and said with honesty, “I wasn’t quite that bold then.” Looking at him, Willow asked, “Do I…”

William said, “Do you what, Will?” Willow said, “Sometimes…I wonder if maybe I play too much on your past. On your more wicked side. I don’t mean to appear shallow…I love all of you.” William touched her face and said, “Will, you could never be shallow, you have too much of a big heart for that. I know that you love me…I love you. I don’t believe you play on my past. I might not be a vamp anymore, Will, but a part of me is still wild. It always will be. I like that you like it, it is a major turn on for me.”

Willow smiled up at him and said, “I didn’t know that. It does explain how heated you get when you connect with me…” She giggled and caught his deep laugh. He said, “You drive me, Willow, places that I don’t ever want to leave.”

Willow said, “Our first time…you were…passionate.” She smiled and added, “It was very romantic. I liked being bad that night.”

William grinned wickedly and said, “Thank you.” Sobering some he added, “I should have been…smarter though…I should have remembered you telling me it was your first time. I saw the blood on your mouth, Willow. I’m sorry I hurt you that night.”

Willow could tell he was too. She looked into his eyes and said, “You didn’t hurt me.” Catching his look, Willow blushed and said, “I don’t see it that way. You introduced me to a new kind of relationship…and yeah, I felt…discomfort—in the beginning. But William I wouldn’t change a bit of it.” Moving closer to him she said, “You were the one I wanted to give my innocence to.” Grinning she said, “Now I am your hussy.” William kissed her and said, “Hussy huh?”

Grinning Willow said, “Yeah…I can’t…” kissing him she moved closer and said, “get enough of you…” William moved on top of her and drew her face so she saw into his eyes and he said, “Far be it from me to deny love to my big bad girl.”…..

Later that evening…

Willow got dressed and met William in the kitchen. She smelled the wonderful smells of her favorite snack… Smiling, she said, “Oh…you are cruel.” Turning to her, William said with a grin, “I figured after the dynamic things you did for me, the least I could do would be fix you some Pizza Rolls.” Adding to his comment he said, “And how does my bad girl feel right about now?” He watched as she moved and got his answer. Willow said quite honestly, “She’s feeling wonderful. How are you doing?”

William grinned broadly and said, “I didn’t want to leave the bed.” Moving closer, she asked, “Why did you? Why did we?”

William laughed and said, “Hunger. Had to eat.” Touching her face, he said, “Don’t worry, we’ll be back in there again. I have plans.”

Willow moved to the stove and took a look saying airy to get his attention, “Really? Well what if I have other plans? I mean I might want to paint my nails or get my hair done.”

William looked at the wall clock and said, “At nine at night?”

Willow moved out of his reach and turning slyly she said, “Perhaps. I have connections.”

William grinned thinking he could play along. He said, “You could do that and I could work some more on my poetry.”

Willow gave him a haughty look and said, “You’d pick your poetry…over me?”

William let his eyes grow large in matched mock surprise as he said, “You’d pick your nails getting done and your hair being fixed over me?”

Both laughed over this. Willow looked up at him and said, “I think you know I could care less about my nails…and my hair getting done can wait until tomorrow….”

William said, “Just as you know I couldn’t get a word on paper when my main thoughts are of you, being with you.”

Willow watched as he shut off the flame and put the food on a back burner. Risking his humor, Willow said, “William, ask me again what you did that night at the party.”

William gave her a funny look, trying to remember, then recalling, he started in her direction. He looked her up and down as he had that night and said, “Hello Sweetie. Have you got something there for me?”

A phrase that might have sounded disgusting and terrible from any other man, coming from William, with the love in his eyes, in his voice, Willow felt only love. Stepping out of the chair and starting to walk his direction, she said, “Depends…” She walked him into a corner at the counter. She added, “Depends on how you feel. When I give you what you want, do I get what I want, do I get forever?”

William looked over Willow, seeing her in her shirt and underwear and looking again at her eyes, he said, “Forever, Willow. I am forever yours.”

Willow saw he was no longer playing a seductive part, but being honest. Feeling so thankful for having William, Willow said, “Then I guess your answer is yes. I have me and I give it to you.”

William kissed Willow tenderly, sealing this declaration of love….

They ate pizza rolls and shared things they would do when Willow and he married in two weeks…

TBC…
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part Twenty-Seven—Wedding Vows

Saturday, May 17, 2010

Willow looked at Buffy that Saturday morning and said, “Buffy, I can’t believe this. I bought a dress and shoes, but I forgot to buy a garter.”

Buffy walked into the room, dressed in her wedding gown with a plastic package in her hands. She said, “You did…I didn’t.” Smiling, she kissed her friend on the cheek and said, “Open it up. Let’s see if it fits.”

Looking in the plastic bag that was from a very expensive store, Willow became teary eyed and said, “Oh Buffy…you didn’t have to do this. It’s beautiful. Thank you.” Lifting her skirt, Willow slid the garter on up her thigh. It did fit, very well.

Buffy smiled and said, “Good. It fits.”

Willow dropped her pink gown to the floor and looking at Buffy she said, “My wedding is going to surprise everyone, because I’ve told Spike to dress as he likes. He could dress up…or he could dress very down. I’ll love him no matter how he does it though.”

Buffy smiled and said, “I know you will. Well do you think Cameron will like this?”

Buffy did a spin and her white gown that was off the shoulder and billowed to the floor moved with her. Buffy added, “I pulled my hair up since he likes it that way.” Willow said, “Cameron loves you, Buffy…you look beautiful.”

Becoming teary herself, Buffy said, “Thanks, Will.” Willow said, “Sure.” Looking in the bedroom mirror, both women looked at their reflections. Buffy’s blonde hair was pulled up into a twist and her dove white gown went to the floor in lace and ruffles. She wore white sandals under it because as she said it, “I’m a slayer, not a model. It’s my wedding day and I want to be comfortable.”

Willow wore her red hair along her shoulders with pink carnations laced around a white headband. Joyce had said it was a pretty look and Willow smiled and agreed. Now she hoped she didn’t look like a child. Her blush pink gown also was off the shoulder, framed her waist and danced to the floor, longer than Buffy’s by a good two inches. Pulling it up for a minute to look at her shoes—she laughed saying, “Oh I expect to hear about this choice.”

Buffy glanced down and took in Willow’s black boots and said, “Leather and lace, Will?”

Willow said, “I guess. I like the combination. Do you…think it looks trashy? Be honest, Buffy.”

Buffy looked over Willow and said as her friend, “Willow you look wonderful. Black boots and all.”

Willow said, “William and I were so glad that Cameron chose to take pictures at our wedding. It is cool that you guys are marrying right after us. We can celebrate together.”

Buffy said, “Yep. I kinda liked it too. Well girl, are you ready?”

Willow put an arm around her best friend’s waist and they walked outside, to Buffy’s Miata.

Parking in the shade at Honey Springs Park, Buffy and Willow climbed out in their wedding gowns. The sky was a bright blue and the weather perfectly warm with just a slight breeze. Taking their purses, and the keys, Buffy and Willow walked to the others and the setup of Buffy’s family and the Scoobies, close friends.

Buffy’s dad met them soon after arrival and said to Willow, “They’re getting ready to play the music. You about ready to get married, Willow?” Willow smiled and said, “I’ve been ready…yes.” He held out a hand and as the music started again was about to walk her down the aisle when Willow got a surprise. An old friend walked over in a suit with his hair slicked back. He walked up to Willow and hugged her. He said, “I’m sorry, Will. Can you forgive me for being such a jerk?”

Willow hugged him back and said through tears, “Of course. I’m glad you came, Xander.”

Xander said, “Hey, you’re my best friend, Willow. I’m going to be there come hell or high water to see you get married.”

Willow wiped her tears and said, “Thank you.” Looking at Buffy’s dad, Xander said, “Mr. Summers I appreciate you offering, but I think I want to be the one to do this.”

Willow and Buffy both were surprised to see this. Buffy thought to herself that it was nice that he finally came through.

She walked to her dad and said, “It’s cool, right dad?” He put an arm around Buffy and said, “It’s fine Xander, if Willow is okay with it.”

Willow said, “It’s good. Xander and I were lab partners too many years in school for me to not want him to walk me down the aisle.” Xander held out an arm and Willow stuck hers in it and together they turned to face the front.

Willow looked up at Xander and said, “You sure you’re okay with this? You are walking me to William.”

Xander said, “I was wrong to say the things I did that day, Willow. I just didn’t have the guts to tell you before. I’m telling you now though. I am sorry.”

Willow said, “So am I…I hoped you would forgive me for choosing William. My heart…it chose him a long time ago and I love him.”

Xander smiled and said, “I know. So let’s get you down that aisle.” Willow smiled, glad that she had her friend back.

Xander held Willow’s arm and led her through the two rows of Summers’s family and various Scoobies, to William.

Willow took in William. He had dressed up, in a suit for the occasion, he left his hair loose the way Willow liked it. His blue eyes were looking at her. Willow smiled as she walked the last steps to him. She watched as Xander looked at William and grinning he said, “Got here just in time it seems.”

William said, “Thanks Xan.” Nonchalantly, he opened his jacket pocket and took out the R &B CD that Xander was searching for in stores. Xander said, “You did bring it.” William grinned and said, “I wouldn’t be a good friend if I didn’t.” Xander took it and said, “Thanks, man.” He hugged Willow one last time and then headed over to his pretty wife and son.

Willow turned and looking up into William’s blue eyes she said with a smile, “You fixed things.” William said, “I said it would work out. You look beautiful, Willow.” Taking her hands into his, William added, “Well any last thoughts?”

Shaking her head, Willow said, “None. You?” William pulled her closer and said, “None at all.”

The preacher showed and said, “William, do you take Willow to be your wife?”

William looked into Willow’s green eyes and said, “I do.” He looked at Willow and said, “Do you Willow take William here to be your lawfully wedding husband?”

Willow smiled up into his eyes and said, “A long time ago. Yes. I do.” She caught William’s smile that broadened the love in his eyes that seemed to grow from those words. He touched her face and said, “I love you, Will.”

Willow touched his face and said, “I love you too. Now and always.”
The preacher said, “Did you bring the ring?” William nodded and said, “I did.” Reaching in his pocket he pulled out a deep blue box and opening it he pulled out quite the elaborate emerald wedding ring, from just the fanciest jewelry store in LA. It was apparent that Willow hadn’t seen this one before because she burst into tears. William said, “For the girl who was there for me in thick and thin, who loved me when I was good and when I was bad.” The ring said, “Forever Yours” inside the band.

Willow said, “William…it is breathtaking.” Taking her left hand, William looked her in the eyes and smiling, he slid the ring on her finger. Lifting her hand in front of everyone, he kissed it.

When the preacher said, “You may kiss the bride,” William tilted Willow’s face up to him and lowering his, he kissed her. Willow wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. It was passionate and William picked her up against him, to deepen a second kiss, in response to hers. This was the day they had waited on. Willow ran her hands in his hair, holding him close as she kissed him back through tears…

Setting her down again, he kissed her again, then turning to the others he said to the crowd, “Party at the tent over the hill, after Buffy and Cameron tie the knot. Everyone’s invited…”

Willow said, “You have no shame.” He grinned at her and said, “None at all. You ready love to finish this with style?”

Moving closer to him she said, “Oh, gladly.” He picked Willow up into his arms and lowering his mouth he kissed her. Kissing him back, sliding her arm around his neck, Willow was lost as he walked her away from the crowd, down the hill to the tent.

Buffy’s dad walked her down the aisle ten minutes later. William and Willow were in the audience, having come back to watch. Joyce cried next to Giles and he handed her the box of Kleenex. She lay her head on his shoulder and wept. Buffy hadn’t made it to Cameron yet!

When she reached Cameron who stood in a black tux, his eyes fixed on hers, Buffy smiled at him, then looked at her dad and said, “Thanks Dad.”

Mr. Summers kissed Buffy and taking in Cameron again he said, “You take care of her. She’s my baby.”

Cameron said, “I will.” Shaking his hand Cameron said, “I will.” Then Mr. Summers looked at the preacher and said, “You can continue now, sir.”

He went and sat at an assigned chair and watched along with Joyce and Giles and the rest of the family as Buffy Summers finally got married to the man she loved—Cameron Winthrope.

Everyone met at the tent that day. It was decorated quite originally for two couples with their own styles. One section was done traditionally for Buffy and Cameron, while the other was kicked back and very come as you are for William and Willow. Cameron took a picture of William and Willow as they shared their first piece of cake—Chocolate since it was William’s and Willow’s favorite kind.

Blitzen Photography did Buffy and Cameron’s pictures and took several. One of Buffy and Cameron kissing over their white four tier cake, another with them eating it. White cake wound up in Buffy’s hair and he took advantage of it, eating it as he found it! She laughed and licked some icing off his face.

Then everyone moved back and let the brides and grooms move in the middle of the room to Chris De Burgh’s The Lady in Red.

As they danced, Joyce took in the couples and said to Giles, “It doesn’t seem possible that this is Buffy’s wedding day.”

Giles said quietly, “I know. But she seems to love Cameron.”

Joyce nodded and smiling she said, “He’s good for her, Giles.” Looking back at the couples she added, “I think William and Willow are cute together. They’ve got a lot ahead of them, but I think they are well matched.”

Giles said nothing, merely smiled….

Reaching under her skirt, Willow and Buffy both pulled their garters and tossed them for people to catch.

Dawn was one to catch one along with Buffy’s bouquet! She grinned, knowing it was silly and that the guy she was dating was not at all interested in forever from her…it bothered her but she dealt. Today wasn’t a day to think of it, she decided.

The Scoobies met at Buffy’s after the reception. They hung out for a few hours, then as it grew dark, Willow went into her bedroom and changed. Coming downstairs, she met William in black leather. He’d changed in the bathroom. He was decked out in leather and duster, he’d even slicked the sides of his hair back to give a similar look of what he was when Willow first crushed on him. Taking out her headband, she shook her hair and looking him over she smiled. He did the same and they tuned out everyone else in the room as they embraced. He asked, “You ready, love?”

Smiling she said, “If you are.” He turned to the group and said, “We’re outta here gang. Keep an eye out for spooks and villains. This is a Saturday night.” Willow added, “And Sunnydale.”

Buffy looked up from the couch where she and Cameron were snuggled and said, “You both do the same.”

Xander looked over at this point and said, “Have fun. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.”

William chuckled and said, “I…won’t say it this time.” He put on his black shades and so did Willow.

They walked out arm in arm and William climbed on the Harley he bought—didn’t rent. Willow walked over to him and smiling she said, “I still can’t believe you found one that quickly.” William said with a cocky smile, “You’re talking to a known negotiator. Biting her lower lip, Willow said, “I’ve never been on one of these before.”

William said, “You rode a bike once right?” At her nod, he said, “It’s not much different. Come here love.”

Willow walked the remaining distance to him and when she was there she realized it was okay because William was there. Stepping on the foot stopper, she climbed on behind him.

William said, “You want to wear this?” He referred to a helmet. He added, “Or do you want to be reckless like me and not wear one?”

Willow smiled and said, “Reckless…tonight.” She wrapped her arms around his waist, kissing his leather coat and said, “Ready when you are, love.”

He turned his head and kissed Willow long and lasting, receiving hers in return. Then turning he smiled and said, “Hang on.” He revved up the bike and they took off in the dark of night, just as Willow had wanted.

Buffy and Cameron left that night soon after the guests did on his dad’s private jet. They were going to Greece and would be gone the next four weeks. Buffy and Cameron said their good-byes to Joyce and the others and took off. Buffy got to be a co-pilot on the trip and instantly realized she liked it. This was their private ride and they took as much time as they pleased getting there….

Stopping the bike by the falls, William parked it then turning on the bike, he took Willow’s face with his hand and drawing her lips to his he kissed her slowly at first—testing her and what she wanted. Willow was okay with it and moving in she kissed him back deeper, encouraging his kiss. Kissing her more aggressively, William sat bracing the bike as he pulled Willow intimately against him and kissed her mouth. Willow helped him brace the bike with her legs, while letting her hands do what they wanted to do, run over his chest, inside his duster, under his shirt.
Picking her up, he continued to kiss her as he led them both to the grass that night. Shaking out of his duster, he lay it on the ground as a blanket. Lowering her to the duster, William kissed Willow and made love to her, at her speed, with a tender and giving nature that spoke of the true love in his heart for the one woman that knew him best and loved him back….

Two weeks later…

Willow chose to go to the library to drop off a set of books that she owed. The door was unlocked, so Willow walked in and methodically dropped the books in the bin. Smiling, she remembered that William was after a certain book in the Mystery section, so walking over, she did a look around for it. The book was easily found and she grabbed it. On her way to the front desk, Willow heard the sound of something dropping. It was a loud enough bang that she looked around. This was Saturday and there was no one else parked in the library parking lot, so Willow did a careful look around. She called out, “Who’s there?”

When no one answered, she shrugged, figuring she had been hearing things. Walking to the counter, she made a note for Giles that she checked this out and stamping it, she started for the front doors. Suddenly all the lights went out and when Willow reached the exit as fast as she could go, the doors were locked…as she figured miserably.

Sick with worry, Willow turned and met the eyes of the individual who undoubtedly locked her in. Shrinking back against the door, never guessing this and feeling frightened about why it was happening at all, Willow said, “Giles? Not you…tell me you weren’t a part of this mess with Ethan.”

Giles said bitterly, “There’s a lot about me you don’t know. None of you do.”

Willow said, “Why me?”

Giles said, “Willow you were such a good girl, once.”

Willow said, “We already talked about this, Giles. All of us did. William and I love each other. He is my husband. Why are you doing this?”

Giles moved forward saying flatly, “You messed up when you chose to get with William. You see Ethan was more than your boyfriend. He was also…my son.”

Willow said weakly, “No…” She shook her head and said, “No…”
Giles said with a sick grin, “Oh yes. You know what’s best about this? Buffy is gone in Greece with Cameron and can’t help you. No one can. You’re lover is home. So what are you going to do now?”

Willow said, “You were a member of our group, a leader, Giles! I worked for you, trusted you. I thought you cared…but it was all a sick game to get me alone…to hurt me…when I wasn’t the one who broke things off with Ethan. He broke up with me! Yes, I went for William, I love him. He loves me. This is deranged, Giles. You need help if you are thinking of doing anything to me.”

Giles said, “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Words of the brave Willow? Save them for when you actually can use them. You know, when I’m tying you up and torturing you.”

Willow knew he was serious and that had her pushing a button that Giles didn’t know she had. It alerted William that she was in danger. Looking at him she said, “So what? Did you hire Ethan to send those sick pictures to the tabs, or did you do it yourself?”

Giles said, “Ethan did that job on his own. Though I think it was amazing.” He grinned and met Willow’s disgust. He said, “You surprise me, Willow. Flaunt around William for days and then act shocked when pictures of it are sent to the tabloids. Like getting stuck with your hand in something bad and having to face the music. Not liking it when it happens.”

William had been hiding in the shadows during this and finding the right moment he moved behind Giles and taking the butt of his weapon he knocked Giles in the head with it and he watched as Giles toppled to the floor. Moving to Willow who leaned against the door, William grabbed her and pulled her into his arms.

Within the hour, they both watched as Giles was being taken away in handcuffs. William held Willow and heard her weeping, her words, “Not Giles.”

The group of Scoobies sat with them in the same state of shock. Rupert Giles…a co-conspirator to Ethan? His dad! This was a moment of true awakening. He was not a friend, but a menacing enemy, probably waiting for this for months or maybe years. That reality hurt and caused a silence between the group. Anya leaned close to Willow and the guys offered support to each other. In the end, all were glad that Buffy and Cameron were in Greece, not here to watch this realization. It would be hard enough when they did come back.

Willow mellowed some in William’s arms that night. He listened to her fears at the library and offered support and part of the friendship that Willow loved about him before she ever fell for him. Clinging to him and accepting his kisses, she said, “William…I love you.” William said, “I love you, Will. Very much and I am so damn sorry that you had to face that. The things he said were all words of a twisted individual. Don’t take them to heart.” Willow smiled for the first time since seeing Giles that night and said, “I don’t. I don’t regret being with you either…or becoming your wife.” William pulled her closer and said, “I’m glad because I don’t regret us either. The day that you said I do to me was the happiest day in my life, Willow.” Willow felt his arms around her and held him, righting herself again. He smiled and asked, “How about we forget about things for the night?”

Willow said with her smile, “I like that idea.” If it could rid the fears of earlier and Willow was sure it could, then it was the best answer. She needed William, needed his strength during this.

William lowered his mouth to Willow’s and softly kissed her, then upping his speed, he deepened it. Willow pulled her shirt off, watching as he did the same, then going to him, she kissed him and felt him kissing her, down her neck.

He picked her up and carried her to their bed and while in there, William helped Willow forget what happened tonight, all the bad, and for that time, feel only the love that he gave. He made sweet love to her, and Willow gave all of herself, saying his name, loving William for everything he was and what he did to help her, Willow temporarily forgot about the horrible fact that her image of a fatherly Giles was shattered in one night….
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Last two parts added from separate posts found in this forum, dated September 6, 2004, therefore this story is still closed and locked, despite the new updates.

Christian