A Love She Couldn't Deny BtVS - Adult - Dead and Buried

Like Castle, Supernatural, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, Twilight, or any other fandom? Write Fan Fiction for it? Then go ahead and post it here!

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn't Deny BtVS - Adult - Dead and Buried

Post by angelrose242000 »

Come nominate your favourites at Crossovers!

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! Just a desire to write about Spike…someone I’m having a hard time living without watching!

PLEASE REVIEW

Part OneSecret Longings

Many called her Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Petite, blonde, innocent Buffy, the protector of Sunnydale, but at twenty-eight years old the name Buffy and the label just didn’t fit any longer to all she was. It was a nickname that didn’t suit her—in fact now it sounded childish. It was a life that felt existent only to work, never to live, really live. So she determined to go by the name of Elizabeth and to change all of that. Yes, it was about time to be seen as someone intelligent and worthy of having a separate life of her own.

Elizabeth “Buffy” had been going through a phase here lately where she wanted to be seen as a woman with brains and one able to stand up and survive. Hell she’d survived for the past twelve years in Sunnydale as the Slayer. She could make it and she would. Thinking as she walked, Buffy contemplated the issue of being seen as The Slayer. It seemed for the past several years her friends, acquaintances, even her mother and watcher saw her as only a slayer. Like she had nothing else going in her life. She’d been out of high school, out of college, and working and was so much more than just a girl who killed vamps and nightly creatures.

I’m a woman! She thought as she walked home through the forest. Why can’t I have both a life as a slayer and a relationship with a man that makes me feel alive? He might not be one that her friends saw as special, but to Elizabeth, she had been having strong deep feelings for William or as he was commonly called Spike. It seemed nicknames were eternal because he had his too. Warrior, vampire, hellion, bad ass. For years, she had tried to agree, to believe that he was nothing more than a pain in her butt. Here lately though…something inside her was telling her that there was more to Spike. She wanted to find out what else lay within those brown eyes, that cocky smile. How often she had been having hot steamy dreams of him grabbing hold of her and possessing her in ways that she could never imagine allowing in her day time life. She secretly wanted him to…she was just scared. She’d never been with anyone and Spike was like a drug to her. He was becoming all she thought about, whether at work in the Arcadia where she did accounting work or at home, hanging out with friends. She’d ignored Willow and Xander in so many conversations she was sure they noticed something was up.

Giles—well he was simply clueless to what was going on. In his mind, she was just Buffy, the girl he had worked into a kick ass slayer. She was, Elizabeth had to admit. Through several years of hard work she had become toned and efficient. She had brushed off chances at happiness, at dating and life for her work.

Now, somehow, she was unable to brush it off…she wanted Spike. What on earth was she supposed to do about it? She’d never told him about this wish. What would he do? Or say? He’d been her friend for so long, could she tell him that she wanted more? Would he laugh at her and call her ridiculous? Probably. But one thing was for sure. Things were about to change and she was no high school slaying Buffy anymore….

Spike never felt he fit in anywhere. From the time he was a boy, he had been put firmly in the place of a loser. When he tried to fit in as a teenager with the boys, he was beat up and shoved aside. This continued well into his twenties. Having only eyes for one woman, he fell hard for Cicelly while attending a party held by her family who also just happened to be friends with his. He’d grown up with her. It was impossible not to feel a fondness for her. But his fond feelings turned into desire—that desire turned into pathetic ideas that he was actually something worth mentioning—this lead to writing poetry in her damned honor. Again, it should have been no surprise to him that she spit in his face, but hell no one ever said he was 100% all the time anyway. He never felt he was, it was a part he played to try to make others think he was. Deep down inside he knew better. He was just Spike, someone who always wanted to be someone but fell short. His dad always said he was good for nothing, he guessed the life he chose as a vampire at the age of 22 only added to this image. Only when Drusilla appeared, the dark angel who had come into his life shortly after Cicelly’s destructive words, did Spike feel he belonged. He had to become a vampire to fit into her world, but at least she welcomed him.

At least she didn’t call him stupid, or lame, or lousy. At least she let him touch her. Loneliness made friendships impossible. Drusilla became his lover and his friend. She had traveled with him side by side for centuries. Whether in England, France, Italy, China or America, she was there. She stirred his blood, wrecked all sorts of havoc on him until he came to depend on her, to need her in some addictive way that he couldn’t explain.

For awhile it actually worked….

Then she grew bored—and the love they shared was cold with forced affections that grew obvious with each painful embrace that he tried to instigate. Until he finally gave up and let her go.

Coming back to Sunnydale, Spike fed his disappointments with his life by staying to himself in his own little world. This lasted a short while…until he saw her. A girl that had become a woman, yes, someone that he fought but could never quite forget.

There was something about Buffy Summers. It wasn’t what she was, but who. Spike had dreams of her coming to him, to his lair. It was madness and he had no right to imagine such things. Buffy was pure, sweet and though she could kick ass and knock him on his whenever the mood struck, there was something inside her that attracted him to her. The goodness, the acceptance, it was beneath a protective shell—one that he knew from his own that he carried. Damn it he wanted for so long to belong, feeling so lost, but he became friends with her. Her plight to defend the innocent pulled to him and he found himself fighting with her instead of against her.

For over a year, he and Buffy had met and held council and fought numerous demons and phantoms of the night. He even had a connection to her friends—though they would rather see him dead—they did fight with him because he was useful. This ate at him more than just a little. He was useful, not a friend, not someone to count on, but a piece of firepower to call on whenever Xander or the Scoobies were in a jam. At 250 years old, Spike didn’t always take this with a gallant sure-why-not attitude.

Then he would see Buffy walking to him and telling him that she appreciated his help that she couldn’t have done it without him and he was okay again. Hearing her words, her thoughtful kindness offered to someone who didn’t deserve anything more than a knock on his ass, Spike felt grateful and that he belonged in Buffy’s eyes—even if it was as her friend.

Here lately though, that friendship was becoming harder. He wanted something more with her. He wished it was not there, but he did want her, he desired her. And if the day ever happened that she showed a fleeting sexual interest his way, he would have her. For now he would put on his jacket and boots and head to the graveyard. There was a Scooby meeting tonight being a Saturday and he somehow felt his presence might be needed—never wanted but needed just the same….

“Buffy are you sure that now is a good time to discuss this?” Willow asked as Buffy finished getting ready to go in her bedroom of her two-story house. She’d inherited it when her mom moved to Maui last fall. Now it was her place and she had turned it into something she could accept. It had taken months, but she had achieved it and now she knew that if she walked into the hallway pictures of the Atlantic with seashells would be there and in the other bedrooms, small artifacts that spoke of a young woman who loved lighthouses would reside there. She had lighthouse lamps in each room! And her kitchen was done in seashore decorations. The kitchen was freshly finished. And on the back patio, she had two wicker chairs that were white and fully backed. They were comfy and she enjoyed picking up a romance novel and reading in them after patrolling at night. She wrote stories of finding that special someone—who here lately in her stories had personified the image and personality of Spike!

She hid the manuscript in case he would ever stumble upon it, the details were so close in resemblance.

Elizabeth or as her friends called her “Buffy” looked at Willow and said, “Why not discuss it? I mean we are best friends. I think it is a good time as any to talk about old times and changes when we become adults. Isn’t that what friends do?”

Willow pulled her red hair back into a pony tail and plopping in a new position on Buffy’s full-sized bed said, “Sure…but not when they have to meet the gang at the graveyard on a Saturday night…not when Giles is sure to be there…wondering where you are.”

Buffy nearly rolled her eyes as she said, “Yeah, I know. Giles really needs to meet someone, get involved. Then he won’t be on my back to be so focused all the time on slaying. I mean you’d think it is his life’s mission to be sure that mine is completely and totally focused on fighting and patrolling. It’s like I have nothing else to live for.”

Willow laughed at first and said, “He doesn’t think that, Buffy. But Giles is driven. It’s his nature, it’s who he is.”

Buffy let out a deep breath and the strong feelings returned. Natures…they reminded her of Spike. His nature was anything but like Giles’s. Unlike Giles’s laid back style, Spike was reckless, ambitious and wild. He was one who could sit with you on the couch and talk about the weather or fight beside you killing vamps and demons by the dozens. Buffy nearly spoke to him of her real feelings of being stifled into this position as slayer. She’d almost said it last time they were alone, but Willow walked in and stopped her from it. He seemed to already know by how he told her she needed to get out there and let the bloody hell loose once in awhile.

Her friends seemed to hang around her whenever Spike was near—it was as though they thought he was going to take advantage of her. What they didn’t realize was a good part of her was wanting to be approached by Spike. She wanted to be desired, challenged and driven right into his warm awaiting arms. She wanted to be his lover, to be lowered to his mattress and made love to all through the night, then stay with him throughout the day sleeping in his arms. She wanted this passion and was fearing she’d never have it, not with the lot her life had given her. She was a slayer—slayers were different from other women. Somehow though, her heart and her longings were telling a different tale and she was coming closer and closer to following their drum.

Glancing at Willow, trying to shake off the heat that was in her face, in her blood at the thought of being taken again by Spike, Buffy said nearly breathless, “I guess so. If we’re going, then let’s do it.”
Willow shook her head and following her friend out the door said, “Is it your time of the month, Buffy?”

Buffy gave her a long strange look that held a good measure of irritation in it as she said, “I’m not even going to comment on this.” She wasn’t raggish; she was ablaze with needy desires hitting her like a rush. There was a big difference….

Buffy and Willow walked outside at nine that night nearly bumping into Spike. He looked into Buffy’s eyes and nearly lost his reason for existing. What was he here for? Except to desire the slayer…and he did want her. She didn’t know it—his feelings were privately his, for now.

Willow said in her erratic tone, “Spike…what brings you here? I thought we were…you know…meeting the gang at the site.”

Spike said, “Willow, you are supposed to meet up with Xander at his place. I just got the scoop.” Willow nodded and said, “Well, Buffy…I guess I’ll see you there. You gonna be okay?”

Buffy gave Willow a long look that said she would be fine and said, “Go ahead. We’ll be there soon.”

Alone, walking side by side toward the graveyard, Buffy mumbled, “You’d think I was rushing off to meet my death. The way everyone treats me sometimes.”

Spike laughed in a way that had become sexy to Buffy as he said, “They just are worried about you. After all you are walking down Main Street with a notorious vamp, Buffy.”

Buffy said with a sideways grin, “More like a notorious tramp. I’m surprised I don’t see you with someone.”

Spike said, “I am with someone.”

Surprisingly taken back in a vulnerable way, Buffy asked, “You are…with whom?”

Spike stopped walking and looking at Buffy said, “Don’t you know by now?”

Buffy stopped as well and staring up into his eyes said, “You’re dancing around riddles, Spike.”

Spike joked, “I’m full of them. But this time, I’m pretty plain, if you’ll think about it, love.”

Nervous with her own feelings of insecurity and what she was feeling for Spike, someone so opposite of her, Buffy said, “Not now, Spike. I can’t think about it tonight.”

Spike stared at her with the love in his eyes as he said, “It’s there…you can see it if you look and I can feel it by looking at you now. Don’t you think we should talk about it?”

Buffy stopped moving. Her eyes on his, her heart beating rapidly, her lust stirring up and becoming hot, Buffy said heatedly, “I’m not sure I can…talk about these things….”

Spike moved forward and tilting her chin back so he had complete access to her full mouth and allowing Buffy to see the intent in his eyes, Spike said, “Good. Words can be so meaningless.” He lowered his mouth to hers and let himself have a touch, a taste of her. He hadn’t earned it, but it was unbearable and couldn’t be denied anymore.

Buffy surprised him, but mostly herself as she grabbed his jacket and pulled him to her tightly and put all of herself into kissing him back. There they stood, kissing passionately in the moonlight, on Main Street. The door that shut and hid feelings for so long was finally opening a crack. What lay inside those walls, the heat and want and desire could finally begin to surface….

TBC…

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING!

PLEASE REVIEW

Part Two-To be loved by you…

The graveyard was as it always had been—quiet and murky with just a splash of possibilities for something evil to come springing out behind the next corner—or in this case, behind the next headstone! Willow, Xander, Anya, Giles and Willow’s boyfriend, Ethan, stood braced for this occasion.

Ethan McCoy had been a part of the group for six months now and he and Willow were getting closer to the next stage in the relationship, the one that determined if they were meant to be just friends or something more. Willow had gone through some hard times and some confusing years, where she didn’t know who she was—a-typical of being a teenager. Then, having been hurt in high school by a boy named Riley Scott, Willow stuck to helping out the rest of the gang and being a loyal friend to Buffy. For a long time, she didn’t think she was meant to ever find anyone again. But now…now she knew that she was happiest around Ethan. She couldn’t imagine being apart from him.

Xander was married to Anya and they were totally in love. Willow smiled at her best friend and was so glad that he had found such a great girl. Anya Winthrop was passionate and headstrong, but she pushed Xander to believe in himself and to be something he could be proud of. Meeting after high school graduation when she left home and moved to Sunnydale, they were at first annoyances to each other.

Willow noticed before Xander did that he loved her. It was cute the way he tried to hide it—the ways he tried to keep himself away from Anya. Eventually it became inevitable and within two years of working together, they became man and wife. Eight years and running, Xander and Anya were inseparable.

Willow looked up at the sky, wondering if she would find this forever with Ethan. Then feeling his hand on hers, looking into his blue eyes, Willow felt sure it was possible. The geeky girl could find happiness after all.
Giles said, “I wonder where Buffy is. What could be holding her up? She knows we always meet here to patrol.” Giles was often the third wheel in this patrolling business. He wondered more than once why he continued to meet the scoobies and the slayer here. After all, Buffy was twenty-eight, far past the age of needing watched. The habitual duty of watcher was hard to break, though, and he found himself here each and every Friday and Saturday night.

He wanted to protect Buffy and felt even if he was just lecturing her on tardiness it was in some measure a help to her, to keep her focused. Here lately, though, he was noticing she was backing away, not from slaying so much but from him. It bothered him a great deal, but right now, he just couldn’t think about it. He had to stay set in his position as protector of her friends who had become warriors in their own way he knew.

Buffy was not an easy slayer to watch, she had made mistakes and taken plenty of falls, Giles knew, but there was nothing bad he could ever say about her. She had a big heart and she loved with it, completely. Whether it was in protecting others or in falling in love. She loved Angel as a first love type of thing. She hadn’t let him in so far as to become a lover, Giles thought thankfully, but she did date him for three years.

It had been a mutual thing to part ways when Buffy graduated high school, but somehow Giles knew that it took a long while for Buffy to really get past it. Deep inside was where she kept her innermost fears and hurts. Giles had sensed this about Buffy. But she didn’t talk about them. They were hers. Often Giles wondered what she really thought about her life. So far it had remained hers. Angel was part of that puzzle of her inward thoughts, he supposed. Now Angel was living in LA or somewhere near there. Buffy had moved on and seemed to be doing fine, slaying at top marks.

Maybe he was worrying too much about her….

Buffy’s thoughts were on anything but meeting the others at the graveyard. Tonight, as she stood on the street not two feet from Spike, Buffy looked at her hands, and waited for him to say something.

Spike had been pacing back and forth since the kiss, since it ended and he saw the awkward fears on her face, in her blue eyes. It was plain to Spike now that she was innocent. He had thought she and Angel had been together. Now he knew better. He hadn’t pushed her, but definitely caught the signs of fluttery nerves. She would be a virgin if he took her to bed. That did send a rush of power through Spike that he was unable to prevent. But as he looked at her now and saw her holding her hands together and looking at them in a downtrodden manner, Spike said quietly, “We can pretend this didn’t happen, Buffy. Just wipe it away like an eraser to a chalkboard, if you like.”

It wasn’t what he wanted, but he would do it for her, if it was her wish.

Buffy looked up then and caught the pain in his eyes, the way he was looking at her with such devotion, such willingness to do something like that. All she could do was continue to look at him and say, “We can’t take back what happened Spike…and I wouldn’t want to.”

Spike replied, “I don’t want to forget it either…” He walked over to her and as he did he continued, “I don’t want to stop this, Buffy.” He pulled her into his arms and kissed her again maddeningly.

Buffy said in between being taken in one passionate kiss after another, “So don’t.” She pulled him to her again and let her body mold against his, fully, feeling his desire for her. Surprised by it, she broke the kiss, realizing what she was saying Okay to.

This wasn’t a few kisses in the dark she was moving toward with Spike. Somehow she knew that if they continued this road together they would end up in bed and though she had fantasized about it numerous times in different places, she was naïve and innocent and afraid of the undiscovered.

Buffy heard Spike come up behind her and felt his arms around her. They felt comforting. He said, “What’s wrong, love?”

Buffy hated feeling so timid of what was to come, but she did. She replied shaken, “Nothing’s wrong…I’m just…”

Spike filled in, “Scared?”

Buffy leaned back against him and said, “A little…I guess. Spike, I’ve never felt this way before. I’ve never let myself feel it. Part of me tells me I should be at the gravesite, helping, being responsible Buffy.”

Spike said, “And part of you hates it.”

Buffy felt she could be honest facing forward so she continued, “Yes! I mean I know my role, I know what I have been given, but yeah, a big part of me detests it…I’ve never told anyone that before. Is all that I am just a slayer? Can’t I be Elizabeth Anne Summers, a woman who has feelings and desires? What happened to her?”

Spike held Buffy protectively and kissed her on her shoulder, saying, “Oh I think she still exists. I feel her whenever I’m around and she takes hold of my jacket, pulling me to her.”

Buffy blushed and said, “I should be ashamed of that.”

Spike turned her to him and said, “Isn’t this the generation that goes for spontaneity?”

Buffy said, “I’m not normally spontaneous…or so obvious. I’m not easy, Spike.”

Spike held Buffy, looking into her blue eyes with respect as he said, “No, you’re not.”

Buffy looked so painfully innocent as she said, “But I want to be with you.”

Spike kissed her, holding her close, giving her a clue as to what she would be taking on. Then he pulled away and said, “We will be together, Buffy. When you are ready to walk through that door, we’ll go through it.” Taking her hand, he started to walk toward the site, as he said, “Not until then.”

Smiling up at Spike, Buffy said, “I think I’m falling for you, Spike.”

Spike said, “That’s good. I don’t think it’d be fun to pursue you if I thought you hated my guts.”

She laughed with him and he hugged her against him as they walked toward the graveyard that Saturday night……

Giles and the Scoobies got a glimpse of something none of them would expect. Buffy and Spike walked into the graveyard side by side with their arms nearly brushing against each other. Laughing about something, Buffy was smiling up at Spike and he was reciprocating!

Willow looked at Ethan, then Xander and Anya who all showed surprised expressions. Generally whenever Buffy happened to walk into the graveyard, Spike came later, on his own. Never in all the years they fought together did they walk in as friends. They got along with Spike and Buffy showed an interest in keeping him alive as another member of the group, but this was different.

Anya said, “Looks like something’s changed in our Buffy. Can we say cozy?” Willow caught Anya’s remark and said intently to her, “Shut up, Anya. I don’t want Giles blowing what is probably nothing into something.”

Anya said, “It is strange, Willow.”

Willow gave her a glare that had Anya shutting up for the moment. She caught Xander’s look that matched Willow’s. There was no way she was going up against two of them at once. She replied under her breath, “No skin off my nose. If they want to fool around, who am I to say anything about it?”

Willow didn’t like the way Anya was acting or the things she was saying so she said, “Exactly. So mum’s the word. No more, Anya.”

Giles chose to keep silent too. He’d keep an eye on things and then if it looked serious, he’d talk to Buffy about it. Never one to look for trouble, Giles figured it was a fluke experience of Buffy’s and nothing worth concerning himself about. Still, he would keep his eyes open—completely open.

TBC…
Last edited by angelrose242000 on Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The truth is out there."

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part ThreeDiscoveries

Two Months Later….

Friday, June 30, 2008

Buffy had just left work for the day, exhausted and in desperate need of an unwinding period. Grateful for another weekend where she could take off her slacks or skirts and throw on shorts and thongs, Buffy sighed relief! Walking to her Miata, she opened her driver’s door…and she felt him. He was not far behind her. Grinning, Buffy said, “Come to meet me at work, Spike?”

Spike appeared from the shadows, dressed in his red shirt over his black T-shirt and his snug black Levi jeans. Buffy didn’t have to turn around to know he looked good. She didn’t have to move either for he was right there, all but touching her now.

Letting out a sigh that she knew had to sound like what a moan probably did, Buffy said, “You put on that cologne again huh?”

Spike turned Buffy to face him and met her desire in her eyes with his own. It was like a bloody magnet, each and every time he came within a few feet of her! Completely aroused, Spike initially wanted to pull her hard against him and take her fast hard and full until they were both oblivious of anything else resembling life. But remembering her innocence, he pulled in his fangs, so-to-speak. He would not attack her. When Buffy and he were together it would be a mutual thing that both would remember, Spike hoped, quite fondly.

Spike shrugged somewhat insecurely and said, “Maybe I put too much on. Working around in the day when you are half-asleep makes it hard on a bloke to function. You know?”

Buffy smiled and said, “It isn’t too much.”

Spike started to move in and touch her, then backed off saying, “Well I just wanted to see you. See how you were.”

Buffy felt he was leaving and she didn’t like the idea. She had noticed him acting timid around her for awhile now and guessed it had to do with the discussions lately of stepping up in the relationship. Didn’t he know that she wanted to move with him? Not that she wasn’t nervous…he intimidated her with his age and his obvious experiences…but she did want the intimacy.

Buffy replied, “I’m fine. But I am a bit concerned about you.”

Spike showed surprise as he said, “Me? Why would you be concerned about me?”

Buffy shut her car door, deciding she wasn’t leaving yet, and facing Spike she replied, “For one, you are paler than usual like you aren’t…well…”

Spike gave her a prodding look as if to say spit it out as he said, “Buffy if we’re going to talk about this, then let’s talk about it.”

Buffy said, “Fine. You aren’t feeding. I know you can’t anymore and I understand that…”

Spike was growing uncomfortable now as he said, “Buffy I may not feed anymore, but I know when I need to up my supply. I just haven’t gotten my feet to take me there.”

Buffy said, “You need blood, Spike. Get in the car. We’re going.”

Spike said, “Since when did you become my bloody…”

Buffy got into his face and said heatedly, “If you want to see the next second, I suggest you drop that sentence right now. I care about you, Spike. Too much to worry about what it sounds like talking about blood. I dated a vampire for three years who lived on it, remember?”
Spike lit a cigarette and the impact of the nicotine and his obvious weak condition, caused him to wobble backward, barely catching himself from falling to the ground. There was nothing he could say to hide it now. She could see it with her eyes. He did need it.

Walking to the car, Spike headed toward the passenger door. When they were on the road to the Butcher Shop, there was a silence in the air. Spike was suffering not only from a lack of blood but from nicotine withdrawal because he really, really needed a cigarette!

Buffy noted it and said, “Open the window and light it, Spike.” Spike said, “This is your car, pet. I’m not going to do that.” He respected her too much.

Smiling, Buffy said, “It’s okay. It is my car and I say it is fine if you smoke in it. Xander does.”

Spike asked, “Did you have to just say that?”

Buffy laughed and said, “Sorry. I just wanted you to feel comfortable. I’m not that concerned with a little smoke.”

Spike waited a minute, then lit his cigarette, feeling instant gratification!
He asked, “So what else were you wanting to talk about?” Whatever it was it had to be better than thinking about the fact that the woman he loved was driving him to a blood joint to get him refueled, Spike thought lowly.

Buffy said, “Sex.” Spike choked on his latest drag and said, “Come again, love?”

Buffy was vulnerable just now but she felt she had put herself there, so as she pulled into the parking lot of the butcher shop, she parked her car and…temporarily found herself saying nothing. Then turning to Spike she said, “Let’s talk about this later. I’ll be right back.”

Stopping her with his voice, Spike asked, “What do you want to know?”
Buffy said nervously, “What it’s like to be touched…why I feel so intimidated by others who have come before me, feeling like I can’t possible measure up.” She lowered her head and said, “I should go inside now and get your blood, Spike.”
Spike replied, “Not yet. Old Sam is in there till midnight. I’ve made this round before.”

Without her really noticing it, Spike moved closer to her. He reached out and touched her jaw in a romantic move that he’d never used before. He slowly moved it down her shirt to her breast. He caressed them like they were precious commodities and he a proud owner. Buffy looked up then at the man who was touching her, the only one she wanted, and said, “Spike…” He hadn’t unbuttoned her blouse, was merely touching over her shirt and it was unlike anything she had ever known, the feel of his hands against her breasts, caressing them in ways she never thought was possible.

She was unable to say anything more. Reaching for her he pulled her into a kiss that was overwhelmingly passionate, that pushed her back against the car, then opening the door, he encouraged her inside. She went with him. Continuing the kiss, he urged himself on top of her. Buffy reached for his strong arms and held tight. Spike said sweet words to her of her being beautiful. His intention was to give her a piece of what she was asking for, to be touched, but it was so damned hard not to keep going until there was no road uncharted.

Forcing himself to stay controlled, telling himself he’d not have Buffy’s first time be in her car, that his James Dean days were over, Spike lowered his hand while he kissed her. Slowly, he ran his hand up her skirt. She moved a little at the touch, but feeling him pause, getting used to the feel of his hands on her thighs, she relaxed. Spike kissed her deeply on the mouth, then on her neck, while his hands met the part of her that he so desperately wanted to connect with.

Buffy instantly felt it when his hands caressed her down there. She arched forward, tipping her head back and said, “Spike…”

Spike chuckled intuitively and said, “It’s just the initial shock, love. Give it time. You’ve not seen anything yet.”

The more he worked magic on her, the more she wanted from him. Buffy found herself acting erotically and pulling him closer to her, saying things she’d be embarrassed for later. Telling him her wants, her desires. Now, though, in this realm of passion, Buffy was defenseless and unable to rationalize anything.

She called out his name…but it wasn’t Spike she yelled…it was William.

When Buffy came back to reality, she noted that Spike had already gone inside and got his jugs of the red stuff. He was currently drinking out of one that looked like a soda bottle.

Sitting up, she noted that memories were flooding back with her coming to. Blushing, she pulled her panties back on and climbed out of the side back door. She walked off a ways, toward the edge of the parking lot. Spike was not far behind. Rejuvenated and with strength again, he was able to keep step with her.

He said, “Buffy, what is it? What’s wrong?”

Lowering her eyes she said, “I’ve never experienced anything like that before…”

Spike said, “I know. Does it scare you?”

Shaking her head she said, “No…it doesn’t scare me…it connects me to you more.” Turning to Spike, she touched his jacket, looking up into his eyes.

Spike smiled in a sly way as he said, “Life’s full of surprises and discoveries love.”

Looking in his eyes, then letting her eyes wander down his chest and beyond, then back into his eyes, Buffy said, “I know. And I want to experience them with you, Spike. But I want to know more about you first. I catch too much of William to not want to meet him.”

Spike said, “We’re one in the same love. When you are feeling me touching you, it is William and Spike. Spike is just a name and an identity I took on when I became a vampire. But deep down I am still a nervous whelp of a boy from England with the name of William Easterly.”
Buffy said, “I wish I could have been there with you. I wish I could have met Cicelly. Given her a piece of what it is like to go up against a slayer bitch. Then maybe she wouldn’t be so flippant with you.”

Laughing, Spike said, “Would you have laid into her, love?”

Buffy watched as Spike backed up some, enough to light a cigarette. They were clearly on a subject that bothered him on some level, even after all this time.

Buffy said, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have brought her up….it just hurts me to think of how she hurt you.”

Spike looked intensely at Buffy and said, “It’s history, love. And we all get hurt.” He tossed his cigarette to the cement.

Buffy said, “Yeah.”

Spike pulled Buffy to him and said, “And we move on.” Agreeing with him, Buffy moved willingly into his arms and said, “We sure do.” Buffy ran her hands up his shirt, tilting up her face for a kiss.

Spike obliged, willingly.

“Giles is it possible to go back through time?” Buffy asked Giles the following day at his house. Giles gave Buffy a long queer look and said, “Any reason why you would want to?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders and said, “Let’s just say it’s personal. And leave it at that for now.”

Giles looked around his house for his latest book and said passively, “Buffy shouldn’t you be wanting to prepare for tonight’s patrol? Why the interest in time travel? Of all things…” He looked up at her and said comically, “Have you been watching those Back to the Future movies again?”

Something happened in Buffy. She snapped and said, “Okay, Giles, the games are over.”

Giles looked strangely at Buffy and said, “What games? Buffy have you been drinking?”

Shoving him into a chair, Buffy said, “No! I’ve not been drinking. And I am not going crazy either. What I am is tired of you treating me like I am sixteen years old, still in high school, like I haven’t a brain in my frigging head! I am a grown woman, Giles.”

Giles said, “I know that Buffy.”

Buffy said, “My name is Elizabeth. Did you know that?”

Shaking his head, Giles tried to remember her folder of information when she first arrived in Sunnydale, over ten years ago. All he could say was, “I’m sorry…I guess I always called you what the others did. Elizabeth…that’s a pretty name.”

Buffy said, “I know. It’s my mom’s middle name.” She let herself be sentimental for a moment, thankful again for the wonderful woman that was Mom.

Giles said, “What’s going on, Elizabeth?”

The name sounded so odd from Giles that she said, “You can call me Buffy, Giles. I know that is how you are most comfortable. I’m not trying to force you or anyone to change how you call me.”

Giles let out a low breath of relief and said, “Good. Thank you, Buffy. Sorry, I guess it is hard to see you as an Elizabeth.”

Buffy said, “I’ve sometimes forgotten who I am, thinking I am just a slayer. But Giles this means something to me. Finding out about…”

She’d almost said Spike.

Giles caught something and said, “Finding out about what, Buffy? What is this travel-wish for?”

Buffy started to pace. She spoke her heart, knowing it was impossible not to now. “I am in love with Spike, Giles.” She waited, expecting him to yell at her, question her sanity, threaten her with her slaying. When he said nothing, she continued, “I know…I wasn’t expecting it either. But it is how I feel.”

Giles adjusted to this and said, “I wondered if something was going on between you. It’s not so hard to believe, you do work together a great deal.”

Buffy said, “I’m on the verge of sleeping with him, Giles.” Fear was in her eyes of what he would say. She didn’t like it, but Giles was like a dad to her and it was impossible not to feel that concern of disapproval.

Giles said, “I’m confused Buffy. Are you wanting me to support this decision or tell you, you are making a mistake?”

Buffy said, “I am just telling you what is going on because…I think there shouldn’t be secrets. I don’t want secrets. When Spike and I become lovers, I want everyone to treat him as they do me.”

Giles said, “Of course. We will treat Spike as one of us. But Buffy we’ve been doing that, haven’t we?”

Buffy gave Giles a long look that said they weren’t, not really. Giles said, “Okay, so we could work on it.”

Smiling, Buffy said, “Yeah. For me. Please.”

Giles moved to Buffy and kissing her on the forehead like a dad would, he said, “For you, Buffy, we will.”

After that moment, Buffy went to working on something else and Giles said, “There is a way of traveling, but I would like to know why because it could be dangerous, bringing you back.”

In her daze, Buffy said, “Hmmm? Bringing me back? I’m confused Giles, my thoughts are on something else.” More like someone, she thought with a blush.

He caught it and grinned.

Giles went on, coughing his laughs so she wouldn’t notice he knew she was probably thinking about Spike. That explained her spaciness of late. He smiled. She deserved to be in love…but it would be something he imagined she would find complex.

Continuing, Giles said, “You are talking about going back to Spike’s time, right?”

Nodding, Buffy said, “Yes. Around the time of 1880—England. I think he told me he was in London then. The month was June, like it is now.”

Giles said, “If you do go back, Buffy, you will see things…things about Spike that you may not like.”

Buffy said, “Oh, that he was a blood-sucking vampire for over a century? I’ve known about his bad side for years, Giles. I think part of the bad is what attracts me to him.”

Giles said curiously, “Really?”

Nodding, Buffy said, “Part of it. Not all. I’m too human not to be repulsed by murdering a neighbor for blood. But Spike has changed. He is passionate and giving and willing to sacrifice himself for me and for us. If this works, Giles, this time travel thing, then I aim to go to London and get into Cicelly Williams’s face. No one in this century or any in the past gets away with beating on my man without me fighting back.”

Giles said, “I’ll look into it, Buffy. But I do have one question.”

Buffy looked interested now and said, “What is that?”

Giles said, “How does Spike feel about this history lesson? I mean you are talking about walking on paths that he has worked for over a century to forget. Or so I gather from hearing and watching.”

Buffy said, “I know. But I want to see what caused Spike to go bad. I need to meet William Easterly, Giles. Before I can give him…” blushing she continued carefully, “anything else I have to see the man he was. If that makes a bit of sense.”

Giles looked at Buffy, seeing the passion and determination and love there and said, “It makes plenty of sense. And we will work on it, together.”

Smiling, Buffy said, “Thanks, Giles.”

Patrolling that night was a challenge. But Buffy and Spike worked with the others and got it done. Willow noticed how Spike protectively fought to help Buffy and how she did him. It was romantic and sweet. She saw something coming between them.

What it was she expected would involve relationship material, things she would live for because they meant girl talk time with Buffy. She also expected sad times where Buffy and Spike learned more about each other, but she saw happy times too. It just might work. They were both passionate and strong and did show definite vibes of liking each other. Things Willow shamefully had overlooked! Whatever happened from this point on, Willow was braced to be her friend and Spike’s through the entirety.

After the battle was through, the Scoobies talked about plans to hang out at Xander’s and Anya’s and sleep off the exhaustion. Giles was invited too, but he said, “Not tonight…I have other plans…but thanks anyway.” It was said heartfeltly for he did care for the group of kids that had become like his own.

Spike looked at Buffy and said, “Well we survived another one, pet.” Smiling, rolling her shoulders to rid the tension, Buffy said, “Yep. One more down. I just wish the creak in my neck and shoulders would leave me when the vamps do.” Chuckling, Spike walked to behind Buffy, forgetting all else, and he began rubbing her shoulders. Enjoying the feel of it, Buffy leaned back and lifting her head to his she said, “That’s wonderful! Where did you learn how to do that?” Spike said, “It’s part of the deal when you become a fighter. You learn to work out kinks.” Smiling, she turned and walked up against him, saying, “Really. Well what about the one that won’t go away. The one I try to control but I think about at night?” Spike tilted her chin up to look into her eyes and said, “I’ve been waiting for you on that one love. You sure you are ready?” She said, “I am…but I need to talk about something with you first.” Spike said, “Oh? What’s that?”

Giles had been talking with Willow and was in his own thoughts when he heard the middle of this very private conversation. Feeling intrusive and guilty, he said, “Well guys, I’m off for the night. You two get home safe, okay?”

Surprised to be included in this comment, wondering how much Giles had heard, Spike said, “We will.” Buffy said, “Thanks, Giles.”

Once alone, Spike said, “I’m sure Giles thinks a lot about me now.” Not that he gave a care, Spike thought. But still if Giles didn’t want him with Buffy that would make it harder on her and he didn’t want that either.

Buffy kissed Spike and said, “Giles thinks you’re Spike. He thinks you are a good fighter and a dependable friend.”

Surprised by this, Spike said, “A friend? Really? I always thought I was just a…” nearly saying what he thought he said, “never mind.”

Buffy was interested in this, however. She said, “Thought you were what?”

Spike gathered his intelligence that he felt he’d lost when saying that and said, “It’s nothing, pet. Just my own exhaustion, I guess. It’s been one hell of a night.” He started to walk away and Buffy said, “Wait a minute.”

Spike slowed his walk to a stop and said, ‘What is it, love?”

Buffy walked so that she faced him again and said, “I know that the group hasn’t exactly welcomed you in.”

Spike said, “It’s the vamp thing. I get that.”
Buffy said, “That shouldn’t matter anymore. You’ve always been a vampire in all the years we’ve known you, Spike. I accepted that a long time ago. But I can’t—no won’t become a lover to you if you hide things from me. I’m just not that way.”

Spike said, “I know.”

Buffy let out a deep breath and said sensitively, “So…what were you about to say?”

Spike replied, “It just feels at times like I am merely useful, like a bloody tool to call upon whenever the Scoobies are in a jam. It hurts sometimes, that’s all, to be seen as good enough for that, but back to being a slummy vampire when the fight is over.”

Buffy said, “I don’t see you that way, Spike. I might have been confused a long time, wondering what I felt for you and it might have come out that way…but it was never how I felt. I’m sorry if that is how you feel. I did speak with Giles though about the group getting off your back and treating you better.”

Still the wounded boy who was being trampled on, Buffy thought sadly. Well this was a shade to Spike she hadn’t seen very often—if ever.

Spike said, “You didn’t have to, Buffy. I dealt.”

Buffy said, “I know.” By starving himself of his needs. That was not dealing. But he didn’t need a lecture.

Spike said, “I guess when you take me on you take on all of me, Buffy. Including the part of me I wish to hell didn’t exist.”

Buffy stepped up to him and said, “What? Your vulnerable side? I rather like seeing it, Spike. Because it means I can show you from time to time that I am not always put together. Many times I’m scared, unsure of what I'm supposed to be doing.”

Spike said, “What do you mean? You’re the most confident, self-assured woman I know, Buffy. No one can kick butt like you when slaying.”

Buffy said, “I’m just saying I have vulnerable sides too.” Meeting his eyes with hers she added, “Even with slaying. I guess a lot, hoping my decisions are good when I’m fighting. I just do it because I have to. But that isn’t what I wanted to talk about. Spike…I have gone to Giles and asked him to look into time travel.”

Spike hid his mirth over this and said, “Time travel?”

Buffy caught it and smiled slyly saying, “Yeah. Time travel. But I need to get your feelings on this, Spike, before I actually do it.”

Spike said, “Okay. I’ve not done it before, but I have heard of others who have. It is dangerous, Buffy.”

Buffy said, “I know. But so is my life. Danger is always lurking around the corner for me—and for you.”

Spike said, “Sounds like you know the odds. Why the counsel?”

Buffy said, “Because it involves your past, Spike. I want to see who you were…I want a glimpse.”

Spike said, “Buffy you don’t’ have to go through time to see that part of me. I’ve just shown you a part of it a few minutes ago. It lives inside me, Buffy. I’ve fought it for years ignored it, but it is there. You want to take Cicelly out? For being honest? That I was a wanker with no good use of my time except to put together lousy poetry and wile away my days pining for her.”

Buffy slapped Spike saying, “You are the one I love! I won’t believe that about you, Spike. You loved her. She was a fool and didn’t see the good in you.”

Spike said, “What are you wanting to see, Buffy?”

Buffy said, “I want to fence off with Cicelly and if possible with Drusilla too. I want to let them know that they can’t get away with treating you like that without hearing the new girlfriend’s view of things.” Spike said, “Even if I am not worthy of such a plight? Buffy I’ve not exactly behaved in an honorable manner—I certainly didn’t in those days. Are you sure you want to go back and see that side of me?”

Buffy thought of this, this comment that sounded so similar to what Giles said and touching his face with her hand, she said, “Spike I know that you weren’t always good, but I’ve been bad too. I’ve done things that I am ashamed of. But in the end, we come around to the right side. No matter what I see there, my heart is still yours because I know who you are right now. I guess I just wanted your feelings on it because I couldn’t do it without it.”

Spike resigned himself to the shame of Buffy going through with this and then smiling he said, “I think I like the idea of watching you go toe to toe with Dru and Cicelly.”

He put his arm around her shoulder and they walked to the Miata. Buffy drove Spike to his lair and went on home. She had things to do, food to throw in the microwave, clothes to wash for tomorrow…but her thoughts returned to Spike and her love for him. She thought of how vulnerable he sounded tonight talking of Cicelly…she recalled his story before about how she said he “was beneath her” and the affirmation of what she had to do was easier to take on. Fears and uncertainties of what it would be like to go through time were gone from Buffy. She looked forward to the impending challenge….

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part FourThe Reckoning

Knocking on Giles’s door at eight that following Friday night, Buffy and Spike waited. Giles came up behind them, his keys in hand saying, “Hey you two.”

Buffy said, “Giles we need to talk to you. It’s about the time travel thing.”

Giles unlocked the door and opening it he walked inside with Buffy not far behind. Spike waited though and Buffy looked at him and then at Giles and said, “Vamp thing, Giles. Remember?”

Giles was tired tonight, but he did manage to smile and say, “Oh yes, I apologize. Come in Spike. It’s been long hectic week and I’m just now trying to recharge.”

Spike walked across the threshold and met up with Buffy who waited inside for him. Together, they walked into the kitchen. Spike pulled Buffy’s wooden backed chair for her and she sat. He in turn turned his so he straddled the back of it.

Smiling at him, Buffy said, “Thanks.” She touched his hand and he clasped his around hers to hold hers firmly in place. They shared an intimate moment together. It was becoming an all the time thing. Giles guessed they were in the brink of becoming lovers. Not that it was any of his business, he just hoped that Buffy was careful, that Spike used his head when it came to protecting her.

Giles cared about the both of htem, if the truth was to be told. Spike had been too much a part of the group for Giles not to. But it was natural, he supposed, for him to feel somewhat protective of Buffy. She was after all under his care by her choosing. She hadn’t told him to stop patrolling with her. And she did come to him for counsel.
Giles said, “Can I get either of you something to drink?”

Thinking about it, Buffy said, “Unless you have a Pepsi the answer is no for me, Giles.”

Giles grinned at Buffy and said mocking surprise, “Would I keep a Pepsi in the fridge for you, Buffy?”

He walked to it and opening it, he pulled one out and looking at Spike said, “Want one, Spike while I’m in here?”

Spike hated the taste of Pepsi, but he was in Giles’s house, so he said, “Whatever you have’s fine with me.” Giles knew enough of vampire lore to know that sweet drinks were out. Besides working with Angel for three years had helped too. Pulling out the drinks, he walked to the table and handed the Pepsi to Buffy. Turning to Spike he said, “I think this might be more to your liking.”

Spike grinned and said as he popped the top of his Busch, “Giles you drink? I didn’t know that.”

Giles raised his eyebrows and said, “Occasionally yes. Goes with the job.” He popped the top of his own.

Spike raised his in unison saying, “Got that right. Well here’s to you.”

Giles raised his beer in toast mode and then took a drink of his cold one.

Buffy said after a moment had passed, “Giles, we came here tonight to talk about this time travel business we spoke of together.”

Giles said, “Yes, I’ve done some research on it Buffy, since we last spoke. Wait here, I’ll grab it.”

Alone, Buffy looked at Spike and said, “Give me a drink of that.”

Spike pulled her close and said, “Only if I get a kiss in return.”

Flirting with him, she said, “Oh you’re playing it that way huh?”

Spike said, “You know it, baby. Here you go.”

Buffy took the silver based beer and drank a swallow and then when handing it back she feigned innocence, folding her hands primly and drinking her Pepsi.

He said, “Hey!”

She looked at him and said, “What? I don’t know what you are meaning.”

Spike pulled her close and said, “Let me show you then, love.” He lowered his mouth to hers and initiated a kiss that became quite passionate. Buffy grabbed for his shirt and held on as he held her half on his lap and half on the chair she was sitting on.

Giles heard giggles and smooching before he entered the room. When entering, he saw them kissing and it was an experience. He hadn’t expected for Buffy to fall for Spike or for him to fall for her. He remembered days when Spike was set on Drusilla. But knowing things were different, had been for over a year, and Spike was indeed in love with Buffy, Giles shrugged his shoulders in acceptance and merely went to a chair quietly as a mouse and sat. Opening his files, he said in a Giles tone that drew attention without him having to raise his voice, “Are we going to discuss time traveling or skip it?”

Spike broke the kiss and Buffy said, “Sorry, Giles.” Her face was turning every shade of red imaginable. Spike and Buffy readjusted in their own seats and focused. Neither could help but look at the other and grin, being caught.

Spike said, “Sorry.”

Giles said, “I’m not coming down on your relationship. If you two want to leave here and fool around that is your business. Far be it from me to say loving isn’t fun.”

Buffy looked at Spike then Giles and said, “Who are you and where is Rupert Giles—Slayer Watcher and College Librarian?”

Spike grinned and said, “Buffy….”
Giles said, “Hey, I can be down too once in awhile.”

Buffy said jokingly, “Since when?”

Spike said, “It is strange hearing you say that. I have expected you to blow up or threaten to steak me.”

Giles said, “Oh believe me, Spike, you hurt this girl here and you won’t be worrying about me threatening to do anything. You’ll be dust.”

Spike swallowed that and felt he was facing her father. In a sense he was, Spike knew. He deserved it. In a way this was more on the expected side and he could handle it because it was something he figured he’d hear by at least one of the group members. So far the others were all for the budding relationship. They were inviting Spike to functions! It was weird as hell, but Spike wasn’t one to turn down acceptance. He’d wanted to be in this circle for a long time and was glad to be in it.

But Buffy was not so willing to swallow this back. She said in defense of herself and Spike, “Enough melodrama and old fashioned antics, Giles. I love Spike and he loves me. What I do with him, how it works out is our business. You go to steak him, you will have to go through me first.”

Giles got the meaning and said, “I wasn’t serious, Buffy.”

Buffy said, “That’s good.” She was and all three now knew it. Spike looked at Buffy and felt even more adoration for her. He didn’t feel he deserved it, but that was becoming easier being near her.

Spike said, “So are we going to get back to this time travel thing?”

For now, Buffy was able to let go of her heat at this conversation, but she had Giles’s attention. She had her own too. She knew now for sure that she loved Spike…

They had a plan. Spike and Buffy were to go under a trance of sorts and while asleep in this dimension, they would go back in time. Buffy had taken a week off of work for this, in preparation, after discovering it could be done. They had gone and gotten clothes that would fit this era so as to blend in.
The second week in July, on a Saturday, Buffy and Spike sat at Giles’s place and were put under and as Giles did his job getting them set up to arrive in London in 1880, they fell into a deep sleep….

Awakening was hard for the two travelers. Buffy and Spike looked at each other and for a second felt lost. Buffy moved closer to Spike and said, “Spike…where are we?”

He looked around and taking in sights and smells said familiarly, “London. I’d say Giles hit the mark.” It was dark out, probably eight or nine and having done things with assurity of arriving at the same day and date by precision on Giles’s part, throwing it back a month so they would arrive on time, Spike said, “Here we are.”

Buffy looked up at him and said, “Remember, Spike, my feelings for you don’t change by doing this.”

Spike said, “I might remind you of that later on, love.”

Buffy replied, “We’re in your world now, so you are going to have to help me adjust. This dress feels itchy.”

Spike said with a grin, “We can take it off later, pet, if you like.”

Moving in front of him with her hands holding his jacket front, up against him, Buffy said, “Hey…I’m in a new era now. Girls don’t do things like that.”

Spike joked, “Just where did you hear that from?”

Buffy asked inquiringly as they walked on, “Do they?”

Spike remembered a few who had and said, “Some did, yes. Ladies of the night we called them. They’d do pretty much anything for a price.”

Buffy jabbed him and said, “I don’t want to know about that, Spike.”

Spike said with a laugh, “I didn’t say I went to them. I was only with a few. None of which were whores.”

Buffy said somewhat sadly, “You wonder why I feel intimidated….”

Spike turned to Buffy, taking a moment to talk before facing his awful past. He said, “You’ve nothing, absolutely nothing to feel that way about, Buffy. Did it occur to you that I might be feeling just a tad intimidated too?”

Buffy said, “You?”

Spike said, “Yeah. I mean you are young, a virgin, and the first I have been with in a long time. The others had already been with someone. If I screw up, you know, that sort of thing.”

Reaching for his hands, Buffy looked into his eyes and said from her heart, “I feel better now.”

Spike said, “Good.”

Buffy asked, “So are we going to do this tonight?”

Spike asked, “Face my past or hit the sheets?”

Buffy grinned slyly as she started walking forward with Spike tagging along, “I was thinking about both. If you’re up for it that is.”

Spike said, “You’re kidding right? This is Spike you’re talking to.”

Buffy laughed with him and accepted his arm around her shoulder, leaning in to him as they walked down Piccadelly Avenue, toward Spike’s cruel past….

Minutes later, standing outside the house that held the legendary party that Spike had gone to in 1880, Buffy and Spike watched the ladies and gentleman drinking socially and making fun of whoever came into view. Buffy muttered, “I’m not even in there and I can tell it is a boorish party.”

Just then, a sophisticated cultured girl walked down the stairs dressed in a light colored calico gown. Her brown hair pulled up partly in a braided bun, the rest down along her back and shoulders.

Spike inadvertantly uttered, “Cicelly.”

Buffy did a once over of her and nearly said ‘What’s so special about her?’ She was chunky and held her nose up fifty yards above anyone else in the room. Buffy doubted anyone there liked her—not really. They all just acted like it because it was her mommy and daddy’s house and she was guest of honor. Paleeze! Buffy thought disgusted.

She’d never say that to Spike though. This was his first love. First loves were touchy subjects. Buffy knew about them. Angel was hers. He would always hold a special spot in the corner of her heart where first loves went.

Buffy looked at Spike who showed emotions in his brown eyes that bordered between pain and resentment. He said, “This is our cue honey. You ready?”

Nodding, Buffy said, “As I’ll ever be.” Halting him a moment, she looked up at him and said, “Remember, no matter what you or I see tonight, you are special to me.” Spike leaned over and kissing her said, “Thanks, love. I needed to hear that tonight.” He held out his arm and said, “Ready Miss. Summers?”

Sticking her arm in between the gap he left open, Buffy smiled in her lilac hoop skirted gown and said, “Lead the way, sir.”

Spike opened the door and said, “In days when the front door was left open.”

The room was stuffy…this was Buffy’s first take of it. The walls were dim with mauve paint covering them and pictures, old pictures of family members. Probably prominent people, Buffy thought. The bile still remained from earlier.

Spike walked her to the back where she and he could sit at a lone table unnoticed by anyone. They got the full view however. The gentleman and ladies were indeed joking about crimes and vagrants. Then, a young gentleman with a nervous, yet courageous step walked up to them and was addressed about it.

Spike said with a sigh of embarrassment, “That would be me.”

The gentleman holding conversation turned to William and said, “William, what is your take on this?”

William Easterly replied, “…I leave that to the authorities.” He went on to talk of his other ways of existing.

Buffy sat and watched as they took his notebook from him and began reading it in a raucious twisted act of ridicule. She watched as the lady of the hour walked out of the room as if in disgust. Buffy inwardly fumed. Turning to Spike she said, “The poem sounded beautiful to me. And effulgent is a word—the morons!”

Seeing how it was affecting Spike, Buffy said, “We can leave, Spike if you want. I’ve seen enough.”

Shaking his head, Spike said, “Nope. We come, we see the whole slide show. Come on, love.” The two walked through the room unnoticed and into the family room staying in the shadows. Cicelly sat down, her full skirts prettily laced out to the floor. She appeared to be admiring herself the entire evening and now was no different, Buffy thought.

William walked into the room and seeing Cicelly moved to the divan and sat beside her. Buffy got to hear the entire conversation and so did Spike. She heard him mutter things about his younger self that were anything but kind. She said, “It wasn’t you, Spike. It was her.” When Cicelly said her worst and walked out, Buffy got up and said, “Come on.”

They walked outside, not far behind Miss. High and Mighty and while Spike hid in the shadows as according to plan, Buffy walked over to her and said, “Cicelly? Isn’t that right?”

Cicelly gave Buffy a sneer and said, “Do I know you?”

Buffy said indifferently, “Probably not, but I know you. I know that you have gone around for a good while telling yourself you are something special, so many times you actually chant it in your sleep. Who needs a man who is kind and sincere who all but worships you? It is so much easier to find a loathsome cretin who doesn’t love you but can offer you millions, isn’t it?”

Cicelly said nervously, “I don’t know you…clearly Mother must have invited you without notifying me first. Who are you? Oh it doesn’t matter. Whoever you are I don’t have to stand here listening to your nonsense. If you’ll excuse me I have to get back to my guests.”

Buffy said, “Go ahead, Cicelly. Go to your guests as you call them. I’ve said all I need to anyway.”

Cicelly muttered while walking away, “Imbecile.”

That was it! Buffy grabbed Cicelly by the arm and turning her said, “Nobody calls me that.” She doubled up her fist and punched her to the ground.

Clearly temporarily knocked unconscious, Buffy walked to Spike and said, “Let’s get out of here. I’ve seen enough for tonight, haven’t I?”

Spike said, “No…there is one more thing.”

Walking down the Picadelly Avenue, crossing over to Thornbury Drive, Spike led Buffy to where his younger self had gone. Hearing the weeping before they reached it, Spike said, “I was very emotional in those days.”

Buffy put her arm through his and said, “Nothing wrong with that. I think you’d have to be cold as ice to not be affected by what just happened…like Cicelly.”

Spike said, “She was a cold bitch. I’m grateful I didn’t marry her.”

Buffy knew this was sticky ground so she said, “So am I.” He smiled down at her and kissed her.

The voice of Drusilla brought Spike and Buffy back to the scene at hand.

Spike turned rigid at the sight of Drusilla, a woman who had appeared so convincing that night when he was miserable and broken-hearted. She had monopolized on it and taken his life’s blood from him. She had branded him a vampire and as he looked in himself, Spike resented that act.

He said bitterly, “Damn her. I believed what she was saying. I was a fool. She took advantage of it.”

The next moment, Buffy watched as the man she loved standing beside her’s younger self was turned into a vampire. All she could do was say inwardly, “Her loss is my gain.”

When Buffy had her moment, after Drusilla had taken a moment to pride herself in being a catch of the night, she said to her, “Hello Drusilla.”

Drusilla replied, “Do I know you?” She had the same cat eyes that Buffy recalled from the present day.

Buffy said, “Everyone asks me that. No, I doubt you know me. But that is not the point. I just thought I’d leave you with something to knock you on your pathetic ass. You go around taking advantage of weak people and hurting them, using htem to your own liking. Well consider this the reckoning.” She braced and fought Drusilla. Kicking her butt to kingdom come, Buffy watched as Drusilla got to her feet and took off. Buffy hollered, “That’s right. Run you coward!”

Then, she felt the arms of her love coming behind her and she leaned her head back saying, “Hello.”

Spike said, “Hey, girl.” He turned her to face him and asked, “You done what you came for?”

Nodding, Buffy said, “Yep.”

Spike asked, “Does it change your feelings for me?”

Buffy said, “I don’t know. Let me see.” She moved closer to him and running her hands up behind his neck she got on her toes and kissed him in the street.

Spike and Buffy found a flat that was abandoned. Walking into it, and closing the door, locking it for safety, Spike turned to Buffy and said, “This isn’t exactly the Taj Mahal or home, Buffy.”

Buffy said, “Doesn’t matter. I’m not concerned about where we are…as long as it isn’t a car. What I care about is that there is you…and there is me. It is all I want.”

Spike touched Buffy’s hair, pushing her bangs out of her eyes, running his fingers around her round face. Kissing her tenderly, Spike said, “Turn around, love.”

Buffy obeyed and he slowly, carefully, unbuttoned the buttons on her gown. He pushed the sleeves down as gently as he did the rest and after she turned to unbutton the front of her hoopskirt, Spike had her gown off of her.

Standing in a white chemise, Buffy pulled off Spike’s black overcoat. Smiling with him, she pushed off his gentleman’s jacket and his cravat. Unbuttoning his deep blue shirt, Buffy’s hands worked the buttons, even if inside she was trembling with nerves.

Pushing his shirt off, Buffy took a gander at his stomach, on up his chest and let her hands run up him for the first time. This was sometihng she had wanted to do for so long but had forbidden it of herself. She waited until this moment so it would be special and it was.

Something entered her at feeling his body against hers like this and she found herself accepting his kisses and pouring all of herself into the ones she gave back. Not one to argue, Spike picked up Buffy and took her mouth fully with his own, tasting her tongue with his own.

Buffy clung to his shoulders, feeling him kissing her all along her jaw, down her throat, further and further down as he took her to the wall. She couldn’t express how it felt to be taken with such passion, all she could do was take part in it and let the dance continue.

Spike lifted Buffy’s chemise expertly, he pulled it off of her in one movement that surprised and excited her.

Buffy kissed Spike on his mouth, his face, his shoulder. She called out his name as he drove her to the point of no return. Living in the experience of being seduced by Spike, Buffy felt him carrying her to the floor. Somehow, she heard him unbuckling and unzipping his jeans but it was far, far away and she was too consumed in feelings to care.
His body slid against hers and she felt her body heat fusing with his contrasting cool one and it intoxicated her. She was driven again and again by him, spun every direction in passion and knew true happiness when he was joined with her. Free and one for the first time in her life, Buffy accepted Spike’s final lasting kisses that night with her own and knew she had everything she could ever possibly want right here….

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part FiveExploring

Awakening around noon the next day, Buffy stirred and felt the back pain of lying on a cheaply done rouge carpeted floor. She made a noise and it brought Spike’s brown eyes open. As soon as it registered that they were both awake Spike noted that Buffy had moved a little ways over and was wrapping herself in his black overcoat.

She looked like she was shaking, her knees were to her chin and her teeth were chattering.

Spike sat up and putting his arms around from behind said, “What is it, love? Are you cold?”

Nodding, Buffy said, “A little.”

Spike said, “Well here. This ought to help some, maybe.” He wrapped the coat around her a couple times and then rubbed her shoulders and arms for further effect.

Buffy said slowly, “I thought we’d wake back up in Sunnydale.”

Spike took in the room and said, “Bloody hell, me too.” He shivered and added, “England has never and I mean never been noted for being warm.” He threw on his jeans and lighting a cigarette said under his breath, “Maybe this time-travel thing lasts a little longer than we thought. How are you feeling…besides cold?”

Buffy smiled down at Spike and said, “I’m good.” She slipped on Spike’s black coat and getting a curious look on her face said, “No offense Spike, but wearing this I feel like I’m wearing a piece of history.”

Spike said, “You are. Took that thing to the grave and back I did.”

Disgusted, Buffy said, “Did you have to tell me that, Spike?”

Spike grinned and said, “Just joshing, love. I bought it after coming back. But it is old.”

Buffy walked over to her clothes that were in a bag by the wall to get dressed, covering herself all the while, still very modest even after a night like she’d shared with Spike. It was instilled to be this way, she guessed because she couldn’t just stand naked in front of him.

She dressed from chemise and panties to her lovely gown. When she was finished, she looked at Spike and said, “You’ll have to forgive me for not putting on the corset again. That was pure misery!” She rubbed her sides and stomach to further emphasize the pain it was. She added, “This is better. Well, Spike, do I pass for a Sunday in London?” Patting her white and lilac hoop skirted gown that went to the floor, it was a second one that Giles insisted she bring along. It wasn’t itchy like the one she wore last night. She moved in it like a fairy princess exploring freedoms and joys that she never would have guessed possible. She danced and felt thirteen again playing dress up. This was better than any trip to the costume store or to the dress-up box in her bedroom. She could be foolish and it was fine, it was okay, it was fun. Buffy was living and it was more exciting than she could have imagined.

Spike watched Buffy, it was all he could do, seeing her happy dance and her innocence. Overpowered by it, Spike put out his cigarette, unnoticed, and said, “You’re…beautiful….Buffy.”

What did he do in his life—any of it—to obtain a girl like her? Not knowing he just grinned and watched as the prettiest pet he ever knew gave him a fine display of days he’d forgotten when it was natural to be silly once in awhile. Before dismal days of fighting, survival, and discovery of who and what he was took over.

Smiling, Buffy walked to Spike and said, “Thank-you. So what are you going to wear out on our Sunday Stroll?”

Buffy was enjoying being a Belle and wanted to spend some of today walking the streets with Spike as though they were a couple in this world.

Spike nearly said he couldn’t—being what he was. That secretly he wished she had been born in this century and that he had he just devoted his love to her and not Cicelly, he might be human with her…and not have to have her work around his obvious differences. He was close to saying that Buffy could walk out that front door and let her booted feet take her wherever she pleased if she wanted to, but if she was wanting to go with him, they would have to stroll tonight. He felt pain and regret at this….

Then he remembered what Giles told them… “In this realm, Spike you will be able to go out in day and night.”

Something in Spike was gaining interest in this ability, not that he hadn’t gone out in day before, but he could now without a blanket! He could go out as a man and walk with his lady and that made Spike take a risk.

He said, “I wonder what would happen if I did this…” He walked to the window and prying boards away he found the light of the sky coming in. It felt so warm. Spike’s eyes became wet with emotion as he said, “I never thought I’d see this again…”

Buffy stood where she was, watching Spike nearly weeping over being able to see the light again. She wondered what it must be like to go over a hundred years not seeing daylight. It was probably scary and unbelievable. Buffy touched Spike’s arm as she said, “We can stay in, Spike, order some food and just spend the day here.”

Spike walked to his clothes in the bag on the floor and grabbing a royal blue shirt, Spike pushed it over his head. He turned to Buffy in time to see her standing before a chipped mirror, attempting to fix her hair. She was pushing the sides back in pins and was twisting the bottom to do something with it when Spike walked to her and got the next shock of his life—seeing his own reflection…..

Recovering from this was hard on both of them. Buffy said, “Spike…what does this mean?”

Shaking his head, clearly not knowing since Giles had said nothing about it, Spike said, “Don’t know really.” Not wanting to dwell, Spike took hold of Buffy’s longish blonde hair and said before Buffy could continue to, “If you’re wanting to be a lady in this era, your hair should look like this, love.”

He showed her by twisting part of Buffy’s hair up at the top and braiding part of it so it fit London’s High Society—as he had remembered it, Spike thought. Buffy found herself leaning back against his fingers as they worked on her hair. She said, “Keep playing with my hair. It feels…good….” She lost herself in the magic of Spike and let him massage her hair in whatever way he pleased.

Spike laughed and said, “Girl you never stop surprising me. Who’d a thought this would be an aphrodisiac?”

Buffy said, “On second thought…the stroll can wait.” She turned to Spike and said, “I’d rather be here, with you.”

Spike pulled Buffy’s face close to his and kissed her. Tasting the familiar hot wants that seemed to go so well with her own Buffy leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and holding on.

Kissing her, Spike said, “I thought…I thought you wanted to go walkin’ love.”

Buffy wanted to forget about the damn walk, but figured this was something that could ultimately wait, she moved back and said, “I’m ready when you are.”

She grabbed her purse and watched as Spike put on his black boots and his overcoat and together they walked out of the flat, shutting the door behind them.

Spike and Buffy walked across bricked sidewalks, taking in the sights and sounds of 1800’s London. The church bells rang off in the distance and children ran around, boys mostly but some girls too. She smiled and said hello to them. They seemed to say hi but to keep going, as if they had things to do and she was an old woman! It was sweet and Buffy laughed lightly, smiling at Spike and holding his hand as he continued walking with her and pointing out sights.

Spike was showing her the shops, the apartment buildings and flats, the street lamps that would be lit again tonight. Smiling, Buffy thought how A Christmas Carol this all was. The pages of history were now current and Buffy and Spike were walking through them with the thousands in London and abroad. It was better than a fantasy or a dream she could envision at night because this was real, it felt real, and wasn’t that what mattered?

Giddy, Buffy said, “I wonder…” She noted the oblong two story building before walking to it and saw it said, “Books and Ledgers” on the front. Looking inside she saw a teller and asked, “I wonder who owns this place.”

Spike said with a chuckle, “Don’t know who owns it, love. The bookkeeper looks to me like a tired bloke who would rather be any damn place other than behind that dusty brown desk. Come on. This isn’t anything out of character for London.”

Buffy said, “Maybe so, but I’ve always wanted to do this, Spike. In my secret thoughts, I wondered what it might have been like to walk these streets in this time, to walk into shops. I’ll be just a second.”

Spike said, “Fine. I’m having a smoke.” Buffy moved in to Spike and kissed him. He kissed her back, rolling his eyes yet unable to be anything but happy that she was able to have a good time. Spike leaned back against the brick building, lighting his cigarette and wishing he didn’t feel such disgust toward this city, this time. He used to like London. He knew the streets like the back of his hand, had grown up here. Funny how life’s experiences can change a person, Spike thought.

But he could at least enjoy the sun beating on his face again and the puffs of smoke he inhaled.

He took in the sounds of deals being made not far from here in what he guessed were ruts and it reminded him of when he was a boy and he tried to fit in. In those days of growing up, facing snobs who came from wealthy homes that he didn’t fit in with and slummy ruffians that he didn’t choose to hang with particularly but found a closer connection to. Yeah, back when he was anyone but himself.

He got busted for many offenses that came out of trying to “fit in.” When you were beat down at home and saw no good road coming your direction any time soon, you did what you had to, Spike thought in retrospection.

Society was rubbish and he was glad that he could see it for what it was, this time around.

Moments later, Buffy walked out and said to Spike, “Okay. I’m ready to keep going.”

Spike put out his cigarette and said, “Find out who owned it?”

Buffy smiled up at Spike as she said, “I sure did. Jacob Weston.”

Spike started walking away with Buffy at his side as he said, “Uncle Jacob, huh?”

Surprised, Buffy said, “Uncle?”

Smiling now at Buffy, Spike said, “Yeah. He was my uncle. Although he never wanted to admit it, would have seen my footsteps on his property a dirty inconvenience, we were family. I wonder what he would say if he knew about this situation.”

Buffy hugged Spike and said, “That shouldn’t mean a flipping thing, Spike. We aren’t here to please anyone…except the tiny part of us that wants justice. I think we found it…don’t you?”

Spike wasn’t sure. There were many people—kids he grew up with—who were antagonistic when he was growing up. The hell he endured at home was something they would never understand. But should they? Should it be required? Spike shook his head and said, “Yeah…we did. Let’s get back to the flat. There’s something I’m wanting to give you.”

Buffy grinned and said, “There’s something I’d like to give you too, Spike.”

They hurried back the couple blocks to the flat. They had more important things to do….

In a deep sleep three days later, after a full day out gallivanting with Buffy….

Who was Buffy? A protector, a daughter, a friend….? Maybe to a select number. But to Spike, she was a kindred spirit, someone who was able to get him to see a part of himself that he thought died with his physical body, a century ago. Something in Buffy had him wanting to improve himself, to be stronger, to be linked in her world. These days here, in London, had been wonderful to Spike. As he lay on a mattress in a hotel they had stopped at, at night, Spike found himself knowing eventually it would die out and she would find someone else…he was just a fork in the road of her life. To expect more was too much, it was selfish of him. Secretly, he could want to believe this that he had with her could turn into a lasting romance, but it was ridiculously stupid to expect it in hours when he actually faced reality. When they went back to Sunnydale and she got back to work… Shaking his head, Spike thought to himself that he was a lovesick fool to be in love with Buffy…but damn if the feelings weren’t there tormenting his entire being anyway….

Falling into sleep with Buffy sleeping beside him, Spike let his mind wander. The next thing he knew he was walking down the streets of…London? Yeah, he was. Now this had to be a first, Spike thought in total mystification.

Steam was all around like that of a resulting storm. London was famous for them. Where was he walking to? Spike wondered. He was alone, the streets were bare except for vehicles parked at the curbs and shouts from neighbors. The air smelt of rain and mustiness. This had to be present day, he guessed. Where would you get that from, Spike questioned himself sarcastically. Maybe it was the modern-day cars! Well, he thought, I’m okay enough to be slow to thought. Maybe….yep, his smokes were handy. Taking one, thinking he needed it now, Spike lit up and felt the magnet force that had been leading him since the start of this dream taking him to a familiar spot. It was at the back alley where he became a vampire.

He watched as his younger self started walking toward that spot and then watched as time seemed to freeze.

What the hell? Spike asked himself….

Doyle walked up to Spike and said, “Hey Spike. Long time no see.”

Spike jumped and said, “Is it? Sorry mate don’t remember you.”

Doyle said, “Probably not. You’ve been pretty busy I’ve heard.”

Spike gave Doyle a dirty look and said, “Oh piss off. I’ve other things to do than spend my nights with a fruity poofter.”

Doyle took out his flask and taking a swig said, “I expected you to be this way. Told the powers that be that you wouldn’t be an easy one to talk to.”

Spike said, “Sod off. I’m through with this scene.” He started to walk off.

Doyle stopped him saying, “You’re in love with her.”

What the hell, if this was his dream he’d go with it, Spike thought. He spun around and said, “Yeah, I am. Is this where you…(laughing dryly)…call me a bloody idiot and then disappear? If it is, I’ll save you and me both the bother of waiting for it. As I said mate, I’ve got more important things to do.”

Doyle moved close to Spike, getting into his face as he said, “Really? Do you now?”

Catching Spike’s countenance, he added, “Besides going around from day to day or night to night deluding yourself into thinking that you can actually continue living in your world of misery I might add. Wondering when she’ll get sick of you and leave for another guy, like Riley?” Doyle stretched out his name in disgust and Spike nearly grinned with him. Nearly.

Spike glared, pushing at Doyle to get him away from his ten feet distance and said, “Fine. Out with it, then.”

Doyle let out a deep breath and said, “Good. Hey boyo, I’m not here to amuse you. If I wanted that, I’d be someplace other than these streets, believe you me.” Doyle paused and then said, “I am here to give you a choice. The powers that be have come to me and asked that I go for them as a messenger. This is what it is. Look over there.”

Spike looked to the spot that had been frozen of William in tears tearing up the love letter he’d written Cicelly. He said, “What of it?” He was embarrassed and questioned his sanity at being so hung up on a girl who was clearly not interested in him. She used him for a bloody verbal punching bag and for a time, Spike knew, he’d let her. No…William Easterly had, he reminded himself. Oh who was he kidding? Shifting, he looked away from it and back at Doyle.

Doyle said, “Around one corner is the dark angel who uses you and changes you for evil. Around the other is the woman who currently holds your affections now. You’ve been given a second chance, here, William.”

Spike pushed his hands through his hair and said in agitation, “What is this? You come in a weird dream and tell me I have a choice. What choice? If I pick the woman I love, I lose her. Because she was born long after me. If I choose Drusilla…at least I have Buffy.”

Doyle said, “Yeah, you sure do and a life of torment like no man should have to endure where you live a life of killing and then later a life of hell on earth trying to overcome it. Some choice that is.”

Spike looked like William with his uncertainties as he said, “I love Buffy, Doyle. I love her. I don’t want the life I lived. I don’t want to be a victim of Drusilla’s or a killer. Damn it I didn’t want it then…I was just destroyed.”

After a moment of thought, Spike said, “I choose to be human, Doyle. If that means I wake up alone in my old room, then so be it. At least she still has a chance to be happy, to fall in love, and I’m out of Drusilla’s grasp.”

Doyle nodded and said, “The powers say it is granted.”

Spike awoke with Buffy by his side, shaking his head, thinking he had dreamt a strange dream. Until he heard his heart beating and swallowed air for the first time since his death. Going to the bathroom, he locked the door and looking in the mirror at his reflection he met Doyle. He asked, “What’s going on?” Spike’s hair was back to being brown and he had color in his face.

Doyle replied, “Your decision has been granted.”

Spike said under his breath, I thought that was a dream.

Doyle replied, “It wasn’t pal. It was real. And so are you. The powers, they say that you can go on now as a human.”

Spike asked, “How? Isn’t that stuff for people who earn it?”

Doyle said, “They have their own rules. The way you were turned, it wasn’t right. It was done under false pretenses and you weren’t given the choice. Not really.”

Spike asked, “So how is Buffy here with me, in my bed?”

Doyle shrugged and said, “They gave you what you wanted, pal. That’s all I know. It is permanent, it can’t be revoked. You are thirty and are alive and kicking and are currently at Buffy’s in Sunnydale.”

Spike having taken that in already, nodded and asked, “So am I Spike or William? And what do I do now?”

Doyle replied, “Which man suited you best? The one where you were yourself as William or the man you put on to be someone else, as Spike?” Spike knew he was best as William.

Doyle added, “As to what you do now. I’d say you have a lot of options. Choose wisely this time.”

With that he vanished. William Easterly was a man who remembered his mistakes and had a chance to start over with the woman he loved. No he would choose the right path this time around….

Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I have to admit my own secret longings however that involves Spike…me…and a cozy room for two! I’d do London or Sunnydale or LA or any damn place with Spike any day! William touches my heart, Spike my desire! I might not own him, but dang if I’d like to! (ha,ha,ha!)

Part SixSeeing the Light

Buffy stirred in bed and felt the weak feelings of awakening after a heated very passionate night with Spike. Moving her arms in a stretch, she opened her eyes to see if Spike was with her, having already felt in the bed for his presence and not finding him there. Pushing herself up on her haunches, Buffy said, “Spike? Are you here?” She was at home. The time travel thing was through. She would have to call or go visit Giles later on, let him know that they made it back all right, Buffy mentally noted. Now if she could only find Spike.

When she heard no answer, Buffy moved to the edge of the bed with a white sheet covering her body. She stepped down onto brown carpeting, holding her sheet in a knot position at the top, proceeding to walk to her closet for a robe. Finding it, she put it on and started to walk down the stairway.

Hmmm. Maybe he had to leave, Buffy thought. Turning her wrist she saw that it said 10:30 AM. Shaking her head she said aloud with a pensive expression, “If you had to go, Spike, you could have left me a note.” She understood the dark=vampire, daylight=dust thing. Again, history made her somewhat keen on these things. But she still wished he could have left something. It had her concerned about him. There were many dangers being a slayer and just as many being a warrior.

Then she had another thought that frightened her. What if Spike didn’t make it back with her? What if he was stuck in the year 1880? Speaking louder as she walked from room to room downstairs, Buffy said, “Spike! Spike you better be here or have left a damn message. This isn’t funny.”

Stepping into her living room, Buffy nearly collapsed. First of all, her room was lit up with curtains moved back and windows opened. But that wasn’t what had her alarmed. What got her against a wall with confusion running through her was seeing some guy walking back in from the patio in the open light of day!

After initial shockage wore off, Buffy went next to impulse. Running to her nearest weapon of choice—a steel baseball bat—she grabbed hold of it and went toward the invader in her house. She said, “When you woke up this morning, did you forget to turn on your brain? Think you actually could come into a slayer’s house and get away with burglarizing it? Your loss, buddy that’s all I will say…before I royally kick your ass.” Lifting her arm back in swing mode, Buffy caught sight of something familiar about this stranger. She paused but only momentarily, telling herself that she was thinking of Spike, worried about him and it caused this guy to have distinct similarities, but that was all. She struck forward with the bat.

In reflex mode, William grabbed hold of the bat and threw it to the side causing a nervous Buffy to step back for a minute. She said surprising herself for how weak her voice sounded, “Who are you?”

William looked at Buffy and said, “Don’t you recognize me, pet?”

Thinking this a prank and a clue that something bad had happened to Spike, Buffy swung with her fist and punched him in the mouth, knocking him back a bit. She said, “Like I said. Who are you and what have you done with Spike?”

William replied, “Buffy something happened last night, while we were in London.” He adjusted his voice to sound like Spike’s so she would recognize him more. He finished, pushing a hand through his hair and falling into a plush chair, “The powers that be gave me back my life, Buffy. My life as William Easterly, before becoming a blood sucker.”

Buffy’s face drained and she sat beside him on the couch. Looking at him fuller now, she recognized the dark brown eyebrows, the longish brown hair of William Easterly from London and guessed this guy was losing his mind. He might be an imposter, some demon from the great beyond trying to appear like William Easterly in an attempt to spook and confuse her so his buddies could do terrible things to Spike. Buffy was no idiot! She said, “Okay. I think I am going to call some people who can help you. Give me a second.” She got up and started for the phone.

William said, “I don’t need the bloody spooks in white coats, pet. I’m telling you I am the same man you went to bed with last night in London. I recall everything we shared, right down to you kicking Dru’s ass and sending Cicelly home with a bloody lip.”

Catching Buffy’s attention he nodded and said, “Yeah. Now, do you want to sit with me and hear my story or go ahead and place your call? I’m sure they will love to hear it.” As would he, William thought.

Resigning herself to believing this enough to hear it, Buffy said, “Okay. Convince me.”

William told his story of the dream he had, of seeing Doyle, of being given back his life. Then finding himself and Buffy back in Sunnydale in her bedroom. He gazed at her after explaining it and said, “I know, it sounds out there, crazy as hell, but it’s true love. I’ve no reason to lie about something like this.”

Agreeing that he wouldn’t, Buffy accepted what was in front of her. She looked over at William and asked, “What made you choose to be like William instead of Spike—except for obvious reasons that is?”

William replied, “William was real. Spike was an illusion, someone I made up so that I could seek revenge on those that hurt me. I don’t need that anymore. I came to realize that I have all I need, right here, in this room. In you, Buffy.”

Buffy smiled, feeling the love that she always felt seeing this man. She walked over to him and met him standing, waiting for her. She took in his brown hair with blonde streaks, his eyes—that were blue now! She said, “Your eyes…they are blue, not brown. How did that happen?”

William replied, “I wondered that myself when I became a vampire. Dru told me that things like that happened. Her eye color changed too.”

Nodding, Buffy replied, while moving closer, “They are like the ocean.”

William put his arms around Buffy and pulled her closer saying, “So are yours.”

Buffy asked, “You say you came to realize…what…were you given the choice?”

Nodding, William said, “You could say that. I chose you over Drusilla.”

Touching his chest, Buffy looked up into his eyes and said, “I love you, William.”

William replied, “My love for you is forever, Buffy. It is…”

Buffy implemented, “Effulgent?”

Smiling with her, William replied, “As the sky is blue and the heat of summer ever strong and present. My love for you is endless, effulgent and true.”

Guessing this was part of a poem, Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and said, “Now I know you are William. Mom will be pleased to know I’ve gotten together with a beautiful poet.”

Kissing her, William picked her up and carried her back to the bedroom….

Two hours later…

Buffy and William drove to Giles’s in the Miata. Spotting his convertible, they parked.

William got out and walked around meeting Buffy in the middle. He said, “You ready, love?”

Nodding, Buffy held his hands and said, “This seems so wonderful, being able to stand out here with you like this.” She smiled and accepted his warm kiss in Giles’s driveway in front of the neighbors out watering their lawn.
When William grabbed Buffy by the butt in a natural way, pulling her closer against him, they caught Mrs. Tompkins’s gasp of surprise and the huff of her husband before they stormed into the house.
Unbeknownst to Buffy or William, Giles and Xander were in the garage cutting the fool over events in Xander’s and Anya’s life. The mother-in-law horror stories.

Open mouthed, Giles said, “Buffy, what the hell are you doing?!”

Xander walked up to bat saying, “Hey pal! What the heck are you doing with our Buffster?”

Surprised, Buffy backed away and William dropped his hand. They turned to Giles and Xander, embarrassed. Buffy looked to Giles and Xander, not knowing who to address first.

Xander made it easy.

He said to Buffy, “What’s the deal Buffy? You go and shack up with some stud when we aren’t looking then take it upon yourself to have a hay day out here in front of Giles’s poor neighbors?”

Buffy got into Xander’s face with her hands on her hips saying, “Xander you are my friend, okay, you are. But my personal life and what I choose to do, who I choose to see, is my business.”

Xander said, “Apparently you are having a good time running that business of yours.”

Buffy doubled up her fist and punched Xander, sending him to the ground. She said hotly, “Go to hell, Xander. I’ve put up with your snooty, better than thou chauvinistic attitude too long. Giles, I can’t tell him to leave. This is your place. But I don’t have to talk to him either.”

Giles had heard enough that he said, “No, Buffy is right on this, Xander. Get out of here.”

Xander got up and left in a huff.

Giles looked at Buffy and said, “I won’t ask what Xander has. He had no right acting that way.”

Buffy said, “No he didn’t.”

Giles walked to William and stretching out his hand he said, “Rupert Giles.”

Shaking it, he said, “William Easterly.”

Giles shook it, not thinking of the man who’s name held this title. He said, “You must be a friend of Buffy’s.”

William grinned at Buffy and said, “A friend? Yeah, I suppose you could call it that.”

Buffy said, “Giles, this is…well…it is Spike. When we were in London…the powers that be, they gave him back his life. This is William Easterly.”

Giles said, “You’ve lost your mind, Buffy.”

William walked to Giles and testing his belief on this, pushed him against a wall and held him against his will long enough then pushed away saying, “Did your life flash before your eyes Watcher? Cup of tea, cup of tea, almost got shagged, cup of tea?”

Giles said spooked now, “Spike?! Buffy what’s going on?”

Buffy said, “I think we all need to sit down, catch our breath and then have a chat. But to start with. Giles, this is William. He is the same man as Spike, just back to his human form. It’s permanent and I’m in love with him.”

Giles opened his fridge and said, “I need a beer.”

An hour later, Giles called a meeting with the scoobies—all except Xander. Willow walked in with Ethan, Anya by herself. All around the coffee table in the living room with drinks that ranged from beer to Pepsi and Mountain Dew. Spike/William sat in his black pants and brown shirt. His overcoat taken off and flung behind him on the back of the couch.

Giles said, “I called you here, few but faithful, because as you can see Spike as we knew him is no longer. I thought each of you might want to share your feelings on the matter.”

Buffy interjected, “Except when it becomes a biased issue of not liking the fact that I have been sleeping with Spike. I mean…constructive stuff isn’t the same as judging, right Giles?”

Giles nodded and said, “Precisely. No, we’re not here tonight to judge. As a matter of fact, one of us isn’t here because of that factor. This is about discussing meeting a new member of the group, William.”

Anya gave a once over and smiling, she said, “What was London like?”

William gave a look to Buffy who shrugged and he in turn shrugged and said, “Cold. Bloody cold.”

Anya rolled her eyes and said, “No, I mean did the buildings look like Hollywood makes them in their movies?”

William asked, “Weren’t you around in the 1880s? I thought you were over 1000 years old.”

Anya replied, “Yes I am. Over 1200 to be exact. But…I didn’t get to London. I was in Rome and France but not London. So I am curious. Tell me what it was like.” At Buffy’s stern frown, Anya added more humbly, “Please…”

Taking a drink of his beer, William shared a brief expression of empathy with Buffy then turning to Anya he replied, “Describing 1880’s London. Okay. We had horse and buggy, men in overcoats like mine, women in hoop skirts. I think Buffy still has hers, if you’re wanting to look at what they would be like.”

Buffy interjected, “Of course…why would you really want to look at something that old? I mean…you can just rent Gone with the Wind. Right Giles?”

Giles caught her nervousness and said, “Nothing special about ladies gowns. Rent Gone with the Wind if you want details, Anya.”

Thanking him, Buffy looked at William with an intimate look that he returned back. Her gowns were hers. They held memories of being with William for the first time…as well as the times that followed.
Anya looked at Willow and Ethan, showing she knew something was up there with the dress thing, but it wasn’t her business, so she said, “Okay, so I’ll rent the movie, Gone with the Wind. What else can you tell about it, Spi-I mean William. This is so strange! Do we call you what we know you as or what you have become?”

William replied, “I do want to be known as William as that is who I am. It is who I have always been. Like when you don’t like who you are, so you put on another face. Well that is what Spike was about. But if you feel better calling me Spike, then call me Spike. I’m not going to attack you for it.” He felt bad as soon as he said that and said, “It is hard for me too…adjusting back.”

There wasn’t a person in this room that couldn’t relate to what he was saying. But it would be hard calling him William when for ten years they had called him Spike.

He let go of his rush of emotions at admitting his own difficulties coming to terms with being human and continued on, “The carriages you see in film are about right, except the majority aren’t near as fancy. Most of the blokes back then were shabby and spent their nights in pool halls and gentleman’s clubs. This is a tidy way of describing saloons or bars. Um…flats. They are as dirty and drab as on TV. And it is dreary and foggy most of the time. Sorry if that sounds depressing. I’m not a big fan of London. Too much history lays there.” Drawing blanks for anything more, he turned to Buffy and said, “Anything I left out, love?”

Buffy did some thinking and said, “It is cold this time of year in London. During the day, though, you can walk to the shops that they show on A Christmas Carol and the clerks that you see in that show, they look very similar to the ones in that time period. It was neat walking into one and talking with the clerk. He didn’t know me, but he was very polite.”

Looking at William, Buffy felt him taking her hand as he said, “There are other things too, but they remain ours.”

Moving closer, Buffy accepted his warm kiss.

William looked at the group and said, “If any of you wants to call me Spike, like I said it is fine. Just don’t call me Billy. That name sounds like a poofter’s name. I don’t like it.”

Giles said, “I think William is just fine.”

Willow said, “Me too. I mean…it is strong…and it suits you. Don’t you think so Ethan?”

Ethan kissed Willow and said, “Strong…yeah…Willow, honey I’m not good at judging that sort of thing.”

Giggling, Willow leaned into Ethan and said, “I guess not.”

Anya said, “William Easterly. It sounds regal. I like it. William it is good to have you in our group.”

William grinned and said, “It’s good to be here.” William and Buffy talked with the Scoobies for another forty-five minutes then they left, heading back to William’s crypt. They went to pack up his things—and take them to Buffy’s.
Oxygen Thief
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Oxygen Thief »

Hey,

I've been following this fic, but I was always too lazy to leave feedback :lol: I'm not really good at leaving feedback, so I'll just say that this is a really interesting and great fic! Write soon!

Ciao,
~*~Katia~*~
angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part 7Kissing, Hugging, Squeezing—Hello Mom!

Four Months Later….

November 15, 2008

Buffy had taken the phone off the hook, locked all the doors, basically closing off all life from intruding. It was a Saturday at twelve noon but that was just fine. Should she be preparing for tonight’s patrol? Probably. Was she worried? Hell no. She had love on her mind. The slayer part could wait.

Right then she had her boyfriend, decked out under the sheets, pretty as you please waiting for her to climb back in. She had taken a moment’s reprieve to grab some chocolate chip ice cream and her bag of French fries. Walking slowly, she took a spoonful and lavishly took a bite, in front of him!

Making the appropriate drug out sounds of pure pleasure, Buffy said, “Mmmm. This is good. Almost as good as sex.”

William joked as he said, “That’s doubtful love. No bowl of ice cream could measure up to what all we’ve done together in the last,” Grabbing his watch off the in table by the bed he mentally counted then said, “fifteen hours…and running. Sorry, can’t agree on that one.”

William looked at her with his hot very intense blue eyes that reached into the depths of her heart, stirring her again with desire as they always did. His brown hair was again disheveled from one hell of a marathon that ran into the morning but it looked sexy. Buffy had run her hands through it many times during the night, clung and tugged on it during their lovemaking. He never seemed to mind.
Right then, William was more than ready for another round of it. He looked as cocky and male as he did back in the days of Boxer Rebellion. And he wanted Buffy.

Moving forward, he reached for her, pulling her to him on the bed. Buffy said, “Hey! Ice cream?”

William laughed and said, “That’s easy enough, love.” Taking the bowl, he put it on the table beside the bed and then reached for her. Buffy took off his shirt and climbed into bed with him eagerly and very naked.

Soon into the act of love, neither heard the rasping sound of the front door. They were into each other, in Buffy’s and William’s bedroom. Buffy had begun a journey on William, enjoying herself immensely. They had a love and a trust that was growing with each passing day. Lovers for over four months, there wasn’t much they hadn’t discovered about the other, what each enjoyed.

All outward sounds were toned out, completely.

Joyce had pounded on the door for fifteen minutes. Finally, she reached in her bag and pulled out the front door keys. She told herself she would leave a note for Buffy, telling her she was in town visiting for the holidays. That she would be back after while and then they could visit.

She went inside with this in mind.

She searched around for a piece of paper—again suffering the same routine of there not being one when she needed it! To heck with it, Joyce told herself. She would just go and come back later.

She had turned and walked toward the door when the sounds of giggling and laughing caught her ears. She turned back toward the noise and said, “Buffy? Are you home?” She started walking toward it, not thinking about anything except possibly finding Buffy. IT had been so long since she had seen her daughter. They were very close. She smiled, looking forward to the reunion.

The house went silent again.

Joyce said, “What is going on?” She was stupefied. Continuing, she said, “Now I know you are here…or someone is. I just heard you laughing. If this is a prank, I have a cell phone handy and am not afraid to dial the police to put you in jail.”

Buffy had thrown on jeans and a pink tank top at the sound of her mother’s voice, when it registered. She walked out of the shadows and said with a nervous smile, “Mom?”

Excited beyond words, Joyce ran toward her daughter and hugged her. Buffy hugged her back. Joyce said, “It is so great to see you, Buffy.”

Buffy said, “Mom…you didn’t call. Is something wrong?”

Shaking her head, Joyce said, “Nothing’s wrong, honey.” Catching Buffy’s anxiousness and the way her eyes darted to the left every few seconds, Joyce added, “Have I interrupted something?”

Chagrined, Buffy said, “Oh—no! You…just…surprised me. That’s all. It’s been a long time, mom.” Taking in her mother’s tan and how good she looked, Buffy added in an attempt at optimism when she felt scared as hell, “You look good, mom…Maui has been good for you. Did you bring pictures? Come to the couch with me, so we can look together.”

Joyce started to go with Buffy, then turned and said, “You’re taking me away from something, Buffy.”

Shaking her head, Buffy denied, “No! I’m just…anxious…to see the pictures.”

Joyce gave Buffy a once over and turning to where her daughter came from she said, “Whoever you are, you can come out.”

When he didn’t, Joyce rolled her eyes upward and grinning said to Buffy, “Tell your friend he can come out, Buffy.” She was eager to meet whomever Buffy had taken home. He would be a first so Joyce wanted to get a good look at him. Find out if he was good enough for her daughter. Probably not as she was pretty protective of her Buffy, but still she wanted the chance to critique him anyway. It was a mother’s right!
Buffy turned to face William who was in shadow-mode and giving him the nod he was waiting on, out of respect for her, William walked into the light. Joyce had to do a doubletake.

She said in surprise, “Spike?”

Smiling, William or as she knew him, Spike, walked to Joyce and said, “Hello, Joyce.”

Stuttering now, totally shocked, Joyce said, “Uh hello? How have things been for you, Spike?”

Looking at Buffy, he said, “Eventful.”

Buffy grinned at him, then catching her mother’s concerned expression said to her, “Mom I think we need to sit down and talk.”

Nodding, Joyce said, “Yes, I think so. Start when you began to see Spike as more than a creep to beat up.”

Mom knew how to say what she thought, Buffy thought. It was something she admired. Walking to Spike, Buffy and he sat down on the couch beside each other, across from Joyce. They began to tell the story of how Spike became William in London….

An hour later, Joyce was still stupefied and continued to look from Spike to Buffy, Buffy to Spike. She said when she found her voice again, “And how does Giles feel about this relationship?”

Buffy said before thought could register, “Giles can stuff it.”

Spike grinned at Buffy and said, “That’s Buffy for you, tell it like it is.”

Joyce said, “Excuse me? When did you get in the equation?”

Buffy said, “Mom. That was rude.”

Joyce said, “Forgive me, I am still incredibly shocked. I mean for ten years you fight this guy like he is your worst enemy. You come home at night with blood on your clothes from fighting him. I hear stories of what a creep he is, how you wish he was dead. I’ve got the I Hate Spike Anthology on DVD and Videotape. Suddenly he is your…what is he, Buffy?”

Buffy looked at Spike and said, “He’s my boyfriend. (Eyes leveling with Joyce, she continued) I love him, mom.”

Buffy got up to get a drink and go to the bathroom.

During this brief moment, Spike and Joyce had their own private talk…

Joyce said, “Just what the hell are you doing?”

Spike eyed his hands, then catching Joyce’s wrathful eyes met them with his own firm ones as he said, “I’m seeing Buffy.” At her eye rolling, he added, “I’m not a vampire anymore.”

Joyce said, “So that makes it okay to seduce my daughter?”

Spike said, “I didn’t force her into anything. She came to me of free will.”

Joyce began to pace, “So she’s sleeping with a vampire…again. I need a drink.”

Spike said, “No you don’t.”

Joyce said, “I don’t need your permission, Spike. If I want a damned drink I’ll have a damned drink. I’m having a damned drink!”

Spike said, “Well fine. Pour me one while you’re at it. I could easily use a fifth of Jack.”

Buffy walked back in the room and said, “Nobody’s getting drunk in my house.”

Spike said, “Oh but I really need a drink Buffy and your mother—well she’s pretty insistent on the subject. Believe me, I speak from experience on the matter. Get the bottle of Jack and spare yourself.”

Buffy said, “Mom!

Joyce looked at Spike and said, “Go blow yourself, Spike.”

Spike got up and said, “Excuse me. I may not be a tennis player or work in a high dollar law firm, but I’m not trash either. If you don’t like me fine. I’ve lived well beyond your years with people who hated my guts and wanted to rip them out and use them for a bloody sport. I’m used to it. But I won’t stand here watching as you break Buffy’s heart in the process. Love, I’m going. I’ll see you later.”

He moved close to Buffy who put her hands into his, looking lovingly into his blue eyes and without a kiss their love was spoken.

Spike left the house and Buffy turned to her mother.

All hell was about to break loose….

Folding her arms over her chest, Buffy looked at Joyce and said, “You had no right to treat Spike that way, mom. None.”

Joyce followed Buffy into the kitchen, where she was heading in her pace mode. She said, “Really? Maybe you’d like to tell me what right I do have, walking into the house I raised you in to find you having sex with a former vampire! Tell me that, Buffy because right now I am drawing blanks and getting angrier by the second.”

Buffy whipped around at Joyce and said, “You’re getting angry? You! I am beyond that mom.”

Joyce said, “I come back here to visit with you for Thanksgiving and what I find is…I don’t know what syllable to use for such a thing, Buffy.” Getting a migraine, Joyce said, “You don’t go to Giles anymore I take it? For council I mean?”

On the slayer side, Buffy relented and said, “Yes I go to Giles. He is my watcher, mom. But when I go home, that time is mine. What I choose to do with it is my choice. Who I choose to sleep with is my choice. Whether or not you like it is not important, mom. I am the one sleeping with Spike, not you. So deal with it.” She faced her mother, expecting anything.

Her mother said, “Fine. I will.” She stormed to the front door.

Buffy felt her world crashing down. This was her mother and she loved her beyond words. She followed her, her anger dying down and hurt taking its place. Finding words, Buffy said, “Where are you going?”

Joyce turned and said, “To a hotel. I think I need some time, Buffy, to deal with it.”

Buffy backtracked, “Mom, I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m just…tired of…I don’t know.”

Joyce said, “Yes you do. You are tired of being told what to do. I understand that. But Spike?”

Buffy said, “I’m in love with him mom. He isn’t a vampire, he’s a man and he loves me. We’ve been living together for going on five months now. It is serious. You do need to accept it mom. I need you to. Please.”

Joyce started to turn the knob then turned to Buffy and said, “I can’t run away, Buffy.”

Buffy said, “Good. Maybe we can talk about this some more. You can see what I see in William.”

Joyce grinned slyly and said, “I think I see what you see in him.”

Buffy said, “He’s more than a lover, mom. He’s my best friend too.”

Joyce said, “Doesn’t that scare you?”

Buffy said, “That I could fall in love with a vampire? I did it ten years ago, mom, with Angel.”

Joyce said, “You didn’t sleep with Angel.”

Shaking her head, Buffy said, “No, I didn’t. I didn’t love him that way. I love William that way. I loved Spike that way. He is the same person, mom. William was his name when he was a man a century ago. He created Spike out of a need to start over as a vampire. Now that he is human again, I call him William. Names are just names though. The point is, I need him in my life. He is everything to me, mom. My life is more than just slaying!”

Seeing Buffy’s sadness mixed with devotion to Spike, Joyce said apologetically, “I’m sorry, Buffy. I’m just overprotective. I want to keep you from being hurt. As a man he can still hurt you.”

Buffy said, “I can hurt him too, mom. We went into this relationship knowing we were in love, though, and that we wanted to be together.”

Smiling again, Joyce said, “Then I am glad for you both. I’ll apologize to Will—Spike….I don’t know that I’ll get used to calling him William. It sounds too formal for me. I like Spike.”

Buffy said, “Then call him Spike. I’ve caught myself calling him that even now. It doesn’t bother him. He just wants to be seen as human and I want him to be seen that way, mom.”

Joyce said, “Give me time, Buffy, to get to know him. I promise, though, that I won’t hurt him, unless he hurts you.”

Accepting her mom’s arm on her shoulder, they walked to the couch and viewed pictures from Maui.

Together, they went in search of Spike and found him at his old pad. Walking into the crypt, Joyce said, “Spike? It’s me, Joyce.”

Spike walked into the light and said, “Look, Mrs. Summers, I am sorry if I offended you earlier.”

Joyce said, “So am I. I think we need to start over. Joyce Summers.”

William said, “William/Spike.”

Joyce smiled and said, “Its good to be on the same side. Come on. Let’s go. I believe your place is at Buffy’s.”

William said, “Is it? Mrs. Summers I won’t come in the way of you and Buffy.”

Laughing, Joyce said, “Oh, Spike, you underestimate the power of a mother. You could never come in the way of Buffy and me. That’s forever.”

William/Spike said, “So is my love for Buffy.”

William walked out with Joyce and together they met Buffy by Buffy’s Miata. By the time they reached Buffy they were joking and laughing. Words could not describe how happy Buffy was at that moment when she realized her mom was going to accept the man she loved….

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part EightThanksgiving

The holidays seemed to fly by for the Summers, the Scoobies, and William. Thanksgiving was set around Buffy’s and his table on a sunny Thursday. It was decked out with Giles, Joyce, Willow, Ethan, Xander—who was on his best behavior, Anya, himself and Buffy. Buffy’s Aunt Charlotte, Uncle Brad and cousin Dawn were there too.

Looking back, William had to admit that for the most part it was nice. Willow added a finishing touch by bringing her famous chocolate cake. He had forgotten how much he enjoyed chocolate cake! Willow and Ethan were feeding each other pieces and Xander and Anya debated over how lousy the traffic was getting here. Giles followed Joyce around feigning friendship when it was so obvious to William that he cared about her. She was waiting for his move and he was typical Giles—bloody slow and if William let himself add it often clueless to the important things in life. Like women and desire and finding happiness. He was too stuffy that was his bloody problem, William thought. But if it got him through the night without having to resort to a cold shower when he got home, then how could he argue? It wasn’t his business anyhow. He found his eyes moving to Buffy, the woman he loved. Yes, much better things to think about, William thought with a sly grin.

William watched his girl as she pulled off another performance—only this time he was here by her side, in public. They expressed small affections such as him putting his arm around her shoulder as they visited, or her leaning on her toes to whisper something suggestive in his ears. The end result was a temporary disappearing act for about twenty minutes then returning refreshed and ready to join the others. Making out was so much fun!

Everything seemed smooth and good—except for one thing…an unexpected distraction named Dawn.

Buffy’s little cousin, Dawn was talkative, wild, and into William! She kept giving him flirty looks, trying to sit next to him and asking him all these bloody questions! Oh, he guessed it was typical, her being seventeen and full of mischief. He couldn’t be angry by the attention, it was comical if he admitted it and very flattering. No, he wouldn’t be a jerk, not over an innocent sweet thing smiling at him. He made it a mission of sorts to simply ignore it, being careful not to be rude or cause a scene.

For awhile it seemed he had control. Until she cornered him on the front porch, moving in to him. Dawn said, “People here call you William, but I rather like Spike. It suits the bad boy in you. I like that. Why don’t you show me what it’s like to be driven by a force wilder than I can imagine?” Backing away from her, realizing at this moment just how eager she really was, William said with a dry chuckle, “Hey! Darling, I am not as fascinating as you think.”

Dawn said, “Really?” She continued forward.

William shook his head, feeling her desire and his awkwardness of being alone with her. He was in love with Buffy. Dawn saw them together, preparing for dinner. Maybe she missed the connection. After all he didn’t kiss Buffy in front of the group. They were friendly together, but not that friendly. Her family was there.

Forcing those facts aside, William focused on this one. She wanted him. Or thought she wanted him, he guessed more to the mark. She didn’t know him. Meeting her dark green eyes, William absently braced behind him to catch himself from banging against something. This was what he was facing now and he had to somehow get the bloody hell out of it! Somehow without hurting her.

Shaking his head, realizing there was probably no way to keep from hurting her, or at least dampening her mood and her pride, William said fiercely, “Listen to me girl and let it stick in that pretty head of yours. I am not what you want. I’m not. Best to stick to the honorable boys who can walk with you along a beach. Innocent love that you can build on together.”

Dawn had William up against the wall inches from the front window and was moving in for the kill saying, “If I wanted a child, I’d be out looking for one. I sought out a man and that is what I want.”

She moved her hands down him toward suggestive areas on his body—things he enjoyed with Buffy, but was having to fight off from Dawn. William grabbed her shoulders and said on the verge of menace, “Look, this game your playing? I don’t like it. I’m not interested.”

Dawn dropped her hands and said plainly, “But you’re tempted.”

William felt more like Spike as he said, “Maybe…on some level of liking having a woman touch me, but that is where it ends. I am in love with someone else.”

Grinning mischievously, Dawn said, “So? You’re the legendary Spike. Or has becoming human caused that part of you that held you above the rest disappeared. Has being around Buffy neutered you?”

William said, “You are an evil sprite and I don’t have time for this garbage. Go find a bum on the street to alleviate your desires, honey, I am not your randy. As I said. I am in love with Buffy. She is my girl.”

Buffy stepped onto the porch and said, “What’s going on here?”

William moved away from Dawn, and said evenly, “Nothing. Not a bloody thing.” He stormed off and Buffy looked curiously at him, then turning to Dawn, having heard enough of this to know what had happened. She said, “Dawn, I invited you here with Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Brad, but you are not welcome here as far as I’m concerned. William is my man. Mine.”

Dawn got into her face and said, “Yeah, I can see that. You’ve de-manned him, Buffy. He’s nothing more than your love slave.”

Buffy said, “You’ve so not changed, Dawn. I used to think that one day you would grow out of this need to compete with other girls for their men. But you’re still the same. One thing is different though.”

Dawn said, “What’s that?”

Buffy grinned and said, “I don’t have to look at you or listen to your sad attempts. Go find your mother, tell her the party is over.”

Finding William later at the cemetery, Buffy walked to him in the darkness saying with a chuckle, “There you are, Romeo.”

He turned and facing Buffy said simply, “Ever notice how we wind up full circle in a bloody cemetery?” He laughed and she joined him.

Walking to him, she said, “I know. It’s creepy. Like we have this connection to the otherworld of spooks and vamps.”

William replied, “Yeah, whether they’re biting or not.”

Buffy said, “Very funny.”

William said, “Just joshing you, love. But it does seem surreal.”

Walking to a couple of headstones, they sat, facing each other. Buffy asked, “So what does it feel like to be hit on by my cousin?”

William grinned puffing on his cigarette as he said, “She’s quite persistent. Or should I say insistent?”

Buffy grinned and moving so she faced him better, she said, “So am I. Kiss me, Spike, you bad boy legend gone good you.”

Laughing with her, he said, “You eavesdropped.”

Feeling him pulling her in, Buffy went willingly and said, “What are you going to do about it?”

William said, “Something like this.” Taking her into his arms, he kissed her and carried her into his old crypt. They barely found the dusty mattress, but didn’t care a bit. Clothes could be their own blankets. All thoughts gone except coming together in a fusion stronger than any seventeen-year-old sprite or vampire demon in Sunnydale, they made love.

Buffy’s mom was a bit surprised when she later saw Buffy and William walking up the driveway with dust and dirt in their disheveled hair. Their clothes were hopelessly wrinkled and awkwardly tucked here and there. Willow asked, “Where you been, Buffy?”

Buffy’s look had her saying with a grin, “Oh…did you show those bad guys who was boss?”

Grinning at William, Buffy said, “I don’t know…did you pay attention?”

William grinned at Buffy, then said to the others who were waiting with a mixture of mischief and humor on their faces, “I think you put off one hell of a dance, love. This coming from your partner in crime.”

Giles looked at Joyce who was about to say something else and said, “You know what, Joyce? I’ve been meaning to take a look at Buffy’s dishwasher. She’s been on my case for months about it. Come on.”

He gave a wink to Buffy who smiled as if to say, I owe you one.

Xander was still mystified over this Buffy/William thing, but at least he was able to see him as William. He felt that was a beginning. He could see them walking together without wishing him dead. Progress, Xander told himself. It was progress. Looking at Anya he said, “Ready to go Anya?”

Anya nodded, taking his hand with hers as she said, “Sure.” Walking to Buffy she said, “Might want to rebutton your shirt.”

Not even glancing as she knew she would blush, Buffy said, “Thanks…I think.”

Anya looked at William and said, “Night William.” William replied, “Take it easy getting home. Don’t let hoodlum here in spurs land your ass in jail.”
Anya grinned after Xander who was again sucked into men-talk with Ethan and said, “I won’t, believe me. You see he might think he’s getting behind the wheel tonight, but I’ve watched how much wine he’s consumed. (eyes raised for Anya effect, she finished) I’m driving.”

Anya left with Xander and then Willow walked over to Buffy and said, “Well, Buffy, I guess this is our exit too. We’re pooped and Ethan has some ideas of what we can watch at his place. So…we’ll talk tomorrow?”

Nodding, giving her friend a hug, Buffy said, “Sure thing. Thanks for coming guys.”

Willow and Ethan left in his blazer. So it was just Buffy and William. Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Brad and Dawn left right after Buffy told Dawn the party was over.

It was huffy and there was glarage going on, but they left peaceably, Buffy guessed. Peaceable compared to the bad she had endured being a slayer. Compared to that, it was downright friendly-like!

William and Buffy walked into the house, arm in arm. She had re-buttoned her shirt and was trying to straighten her hair when William whispered with a sexy chuckle, “Forget it love. The only way your hair’s gonna look half the way it did before is to shower.”

Buffy grinned at him and said, “Really?”

William said, “Yeah. Wait…what are you up to girl?”

Buffy said, “Not watching my watcher and my mom get it on in the kitchen, that’s for sure. Come on.” She walked ahead, up the stairs. William followed, gladly…..

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny
(Rated MATURE-ADULT for Language and Sexual Encounters)

By, Angelrose242000

Part NineTaking a Risk

Four Months Later….

March 12, 2009

William found himself doing something he hadn’t let himself do since his cultured days in London…he was walking into a public library. Namely, Sunnydale Public Library. Oh he had wanted to since the chip experience, but felt it wasn’t part of his image that he had established. It didn’t fit with the whole Spike bad boy credo. Now that those days were behind him, though, it was easy and exciting to walk in the daylight, up those silver slab steps, knowing the books were awaiting inside.

He’d chosen to walk, getting out of bed at 6:00 AM, showering and putting on blue jeans and a deep blue tank top, beneath his Raiders jacket. William didn’t look a fig like he had as Spike. Not that he didn’t still wear the black and purple of those days because he still liked them, but he had to admit it was nice having variety. Being able to wear clothes that depicted a human being and not a dark creature of the night. Clothes made the man, but now he could be himself, which was part of this need, he knew.

It was part of what had him walking the last remaining steps and across the cemented flooring to the double glass doors belonging to the library. Taking off his shades, William ran a hand through his layered but cropped off streaked brown hair, he opened the doors and stepped inside….and taking in the sights of books, thousands of them, at his disposal.

Unable to hide the smile that came to his lips at this wonder, William walked in his black Nike’s to the counter and keeping the smile in place, he said to Shannon, “Hey.”

Trying to smile, while her eyes were darted to her four year old daughter who was pulling on her arm from behind, the blonde young woman smiled and said, “Can I help you, sir?” She was taken by his handsome features, but careful to be professional. After all, she was married to Josh Hartnett, her high school sweetheart. A former actor who chose to relocate to Sunnydale with his pretty, slender wife so that they could have a family.

But she’d be a liar if she didn’t think fleetingly that this was a hottie, standing in front of her. She was in love with Matt and was a proud mother, but she still silently thanked God for his presence.

William replied, “Actually, I was interested in getting a library card.” Wasn’t that what they were called now? Before he had merely wrote his name on a tablet set up for elite families in London and taken his books. But again, times changed.

Typing in information about William, his name, his address, phone number, etcetra, the librarian had his card in a matter of minutes.

William put it in his wallet and started for the shelves. He walked around the library, letting his eyes take in everything that he had denied himself or robbed himself due to choices he had made. William didn’t’ look around for any particular book just yet. No, he just let his feet take him over every section, from children to adult, from fiction to nonfiction, to biography. He walked to the back section where movies were decked out. Finding a few that looked good, William lugged them around as he continued his journey through rows upon rows of books. He’d forgotten what a lover of books he tended to be. Not ashamed at all of this anymore, William got his fill, then focused on finding what he had originally come for. The one thing that he had hedged on for months since becoming human because of fears of rejection.

He knew what he was looking for, or about anyway. Walking to the next person who worked there, he said, “Excuse me.”

It was a thimble sized boy named Rick who was nervous acting, but William guessed probably in tune enough with the library to help him in some degree. Rick answered, “Yes, sir, can I help you?”

William swallowed being called sir twice in the same period as it was uncustomary and he was having to take notice of it again. He said, “I’ve been doing some…writing…I am interested in seeing it looked at. I’ve not been in a place like this in awhile.” Over a century ago and then some, William thought to himself.

Rick said, “We have books on publishers in our Reference section. Here.” He walked with William not far behind, just enough to keep a neutral distance that he needed.

Grabbing the latest publication on writers and publishers, Rick said, “I think this might be what you’re after.”

Opening the book, William checked out the index, guessing this would give some information, even if he wasn’t exactly up on the latest publications. He figured he could skim over it. So he did. Finding a listing, he nodded and said, “This is it. Thanks.”

Walking over to the counter, William checked out his book and movies. Spotting a set of novels out of the corner of his eye, William saw they were the latest Romance novels on display. He thought of Buffy. Grabbing two of them, he said, “I’ll check these too.”

Taking his receipt and his books, William walked back out the doors and headed for home….

Unlocking the front door, William walked inside and knowing it was still early, he walked quietly to the kitchen and sat at the table. Putting his bag on the floor, he reached into the bottom drawer that he had put all his junk in that was William’s for the most part, he grabbed his green folder. Pulling it out, he sat at the table. Turning to make sure he was alone as this was still very new and vulnerable stuff he was treading on, William opened the folder carefully. Inside, were white typed sheets that read, Love, What Really Counts, and several others. Some were completed, others half done. He grabbed his favorite, What Really Counts, and skimming over it again, opened his Reference book as they called it. Taking a blank sheet from the back of the folder, he wrote down names and addresses.

To keep from losing it one day over not being able to find things, he kept a jar of pens and pencils on the table. It seemed a foolish dream around here to expect them to stay unless he or someone else did. Just a trivial thing, but one that he and Buffy both shared a common feeling on.

As he folded up his copies of his writing and put them in envelopes from the dining room drawer, William felt some pangs of guilt. Maybe he should tell Buffy of his endeavor. After all he was living with her. Somehow, though, William felt he needed this privacy in case it fell through. If he failed, then he would accept it and go on. If she knew…it would be worse because not only would he be failing himself, but he’d feel he was failing her too. So he kept it a secret as he put postage on the envelopes and putting the folder back in the drawer, walked to the mailbox. He dropped them inside.

Four weeks later….

Buffy loved the month of April. It was when things came alive, when her flowers would bloom and when she most enjoyed morning walks. Now she had William to share it with. What was William to her now? He was far more than a boyfriend that she lived with that was for sure. Though she had known for months that she loved him, it was more than that now. She was at a point when she knew her life would never be right without him in it. Did he feel that way too? Was it too sudden and soon for her to want to see their wedding and children and a cat on a porch swing named Margaret?

Maybe it was, but Buffy had been imagining it for a good long time. Ever since Thanksgiving in fact. It started then. Now it was constant and she felt a very real danger that if William ever did say goodbye, she would be heartbroken. He was human now which meant he could walk away, taking a part of her with him—her heart. Wondering what made her think these insecure things, Buffy shook her head and started walking again through the park and back toward the house. It was foolish. She loved William and he loved her. Maybe it was seeing Willow’s engagement ring that had her sentimental, or hearing about Anya’s pregnancy. She guessed it could be a combo effect. That and the fact that she saw all her coworkers at work talking about engagements and marriages.

She was having a good time with William and he loved her. She would stop these stupid fantasies and ridiculous comparisons! Those were for biddies, Buffy told herself, lonely biddies who liked to make everything match that of a soap opera and if it didn’t then life was nonexistent and drab. Buffy wasn’t like that. No, she wasn’t. She was happy with things just as they were.

William had been watching an episode of The Bold and the Beautiful when Buffy walked inside. He hadn’t heard her walk in and therefore was completely tuned into the scene. He called out in aggravation as he watched, “Oh bloody hell woman are you going to choose Nick or Ridge? It isn’t hard to decide, love. Do you want the lonely sailor or the stuffy Mama’s boy?”

Buffy heard him shouting and smiled. Yep, he was watching the soaps again. He needed a life. Of course she watched a good part of the time with him, especially now that she was on vacation for three weeks. Buffy kicked off her shoes and walked into the living room with a soda in her hand, holding a second for William. She said smiling, “I think she’s gonna pick Ridge myself, after she strings Nick along awhile longer.”

Surprised to see her and knowing she heard his passion again over this show, pride had William flipping off the tube at commercial, saying, “How was your walk?”

Buffy said, “Oh, it was fine. I love mornings. You should have come with me. I was going to ask, but you were gone when I got up.”

Walking to Buffy, William took the Pepsi she had for him and said, “Thanks.” Buffy barely got out a Your Welcome when he started for the kitchen.

Buffy’s voice faltered as she said, “Spike? What’s going on? You were gone and didn’t leave a note. Not that I am the possessive girlfriend…I hate that kind of person…but I wondered. Especially when I didn’t wake up hearing the shower running.”

Spike turned to Buffy and said, “I was at…the library.”

Buffy’s face bloomed with laughter as she said, “The library? You never go to the library. You banned it long ago as a place for sissified poofters with bad hair and no lives. Yeah, I think that was your exact phrase, a few years back.”

He looked up at Buffy and said, “It was a cover, luv. When I went from William to Spike, I denied myself everything that I once saw as meaningful and important. I changed everything about myself. Gave it all up. I’m tired of it Pet. I love libraries and books and everything that entails and if that makes me a sissified poofter than so be it!"

Buffy nearly apologized until she saw William suddenly smile his sexy smile and begin to laugh saying, “Bloody hell that felt good!”

She put her arms around his waist, looking up into his deep blue eyes and said full of happiness, “I love you.”

William tilted up her chin, looking deeply into her eyes as he said, “I love you, Buffy.” He lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her tenderly, holding Buffy close…just as Willow walked in talking as she walked, “Guys I went to the post office to check the mail and…Oh, man I’m sorry! I’ll just drop this off on the in table here and see you later.”

Buffy broke away and said, “Willow don’t leave.”

Willow said nervously, “I didn’t mean to intrude…”

William walked to Willow patting her shoulder as he said, “Willow, honey, you need to relax.” Turning to Buffy, he said, “I’m going to fix me something to eat. Want anything, Buffy?” She said, “Nope. I’m good.”

William could have commented, but chose to hold it in, for now.

He turned to Willow and said, “Willow, I’m fixing sausage and toast. Want some?”

Warming to the idea, Willow said, “Sure. If you’re making it that is.”

William said, “I’m making it. See you girls later.”

Willow walked to Buffy and said, “Who is that person, Buffy? An imposter?”

Giggling with Willow, Buffy said, “Nope. Not an imposter. He’s one of a kind.”
Suddenly remembering the mail, Buffy looked to the in table and said, “What is this?” She saw a white envelope addressed to William Easterly. It intrigued her. The others were ads and bills so she put them in the appropriate filing spots. She’d ask him about the letter after Willow went home. Something was up because in all the months he had been here with her, in all the time she knew him, he never got mail, so this was odd. She hadn’t brought up bill sharing with him yet or job hunting really. She’d given her mother warnings that it was not to be discussed yet. He needed time to digest being back again. Curiosity had her nearly running to the kitchen to ask.

But she would wait it out….

The busyness of that particular Friday made it difficult for Buffy to ask William about anything. Giles showed up not a half after Willow and all but kidnapped Buffy to discuss slaying that night. He had to show her the latest weapons used to kill the monster demon called Ocelator. He was from the 14th Century Ocelating Rebellion. Whatever the hell that meant, Buffy thought. All she cared about was she could use the weapons forged and felt certain after talking with Giles that she could demolish him and any chummy sidekicks he might take with him.

Walking into the house at around four that afternoon, sweaty from punching at a bag at Giles’s for two hours, so she would be fit for tonight, Buffy looked around for William.

She didn’t find him downstairs, so she walked upstairs, telling herself if she didn’t find him, she’d take her shower and fix dinner.

When she checked room after room and didn’t find him, she nearly walked to the shower, plan b, when she heard William’s voice as he mumbled something to himself. Turning toward the bedroom, she walked inside and said, “Here you are. Whatcha reading?” He was laying on their made bed with papers around him and that envelope she suspected.

Here goes, William told himself. Looking up at Buffy, he said, “I got some interesting news. Take a look at this.”

He handed her the letter and she took a seat on the bed not far from him. She began to read what it said:

Dear Mr. Easterly:

It is our pleasure, here at Cornwall Poetry Association (CPA) to inform you that your work has been chosen to be published in our collective poetry book. The two poems you sent us, Love and What Really Counts, were among 28,000 attempted entries. We are pleased to inform you that they have been selected as first and second place winners! Your work will be published and displayed at our Grand Symposium in San Francisco on June 15. You will be receiving a trophy, asked to perform a modest speech on what inspired you to write these remarkable poems. It is a black-tie event that will host the most elite of writers, from Moira Jenkins to Sunny Little and countless others. You are also hereby offered a five-year writing contract. Enclosed is a copy of the contract and schedule of times and events held on the 15th. If you so choose to sign the contract, please sign the contract page and mail it back in the self-addressed stamped envelope.

Congratulations on this amazing feat. We hope to see your contractual agreement in our mailbox very soon and look forward to seeing you at the Symposium next month.

Sincerely,

Willamena Vanburen
President of CPA

Wv

Enc. Forms

Shock and happiness were at war in Buffy. Breaking into a smile, she said, “Well, Mr. Easterly, I suggest we invest in a black suit for you.” Tears were at the edge of her eyes and she was suddenly sentimental as she added, “For this honor. Oh William! I am so happy for you!” She leapt into his arms and hugged him, kissing him on the mouth and the face.

William kissed her back, and they gradually fell to the blankets. Looking into her blue eyes, he asked, “This doesn’t make me a stuffy poofter like Giles does it, Buffy? Because yeah, I might not be a vampire anymore, but I have my pride.”

Buffy smiled with him and said, “No, you couldn’t be a poofter, not about this. I’m in love with a poet. I think it is an amazing honor. I’m proud of you, William.”

William was touched more than one way over Buffy’s heartfelt comments. They spoke to the insecure part of him that was still unsure if what he had done was sane or simply a need to prove he wasn’t quite as bloody as they said he was.

He kissed her and said, “Really? How proud?”

Buffy grinned and said, “I could tell you, but in the words of my lover, words can be so meaningless.” She pulled up his shirt and tossing it aside took his mouth with hers and showed him just how proud she was in the late afternoon hours of day….

When darkness befell them that Friday night, Buffy, William, the Scoobies and Giles went to the abandoned warehouse where the Oscelating Demon was said to be hiding out.

Willow looked at Giles and said, “Not exactly particular about where he stays is he?” The place looked like a gloomy, creepy, and very empty shell. It stunk like a garbage heap left unattended for a month in 100-degree heat. So goes Willow’s comment.

Giles gave Willow a look that said What did you expect? And replied, “It is a demon lair, Willow.”

Willow said, “I know…I guess I just thought he’d care more about having rats running around carelessly and stench like this…” seeing everyone looking at her with smirks, Willow said, “Forget it. I’m in a tired swirl so you’ll have to overlook me.”

They continued on. Buffy said, “Will we know you mean well. And it is true. I wouldn’t’ think for a second that anyone would want to walk in a place as hideous as this…but they do.”

Nodding, William replied, “I’ve lived in my share, back when it didn’t matter.” He knew he’d get looks over this, but he shrugged and said, “The subject was brought up. Thought I’d be honest.”

Looking at him, Buffy asked, “Can you tell anything William?” The fact that he was a warrior and had a history of knowledge on thugs made helping easier, despite being human. William was in the process of moving things out of his way as he said, “Just that something was here. Don’t lower your guards any of you. I feel a presence here or close by. It could come out at any time.”

Looking intently at Buffy he asked, “You have your weapons and are sure about them that they work, right?” Nodding, Buffy said, “Positive. I spent the entire day with Giles making sure I did. He was relentless.”

Giles said, “Oh I was not, Buffy. You’re exaggerating.” Buffy gave him a long look that had him saying, “Just a bit empowering is all.”

Buffy looked back at William and said, “He uses one word, I use another. It basically means the same thing.”

William looked at Giles, then at Buffy and said, “I’m staying out of that one. Slayer battles Watcher I say butt out.”

Buffy grinned at William and was about to say something when the wall caved in and the Oscelating Demon came in—with five buddies beside him. Buffy turned on her Othoscopy Weapon that was all machine and in one movement would send this guy to kingdom come. She walked to within feet of him and said sarcastically, “Think you can come in here and ruin my night? I don’t think so.”

The Oscelating Demon was about to argue back when Buffy pushed the button and zapped him from here to the hell dimension. It only took five more swift movements to have his buddies there with him.

Satisfied that this was over, Buffy looked at Giles and said, “Well…thanks, Giles. Again.” Giles said, “No problem, Buffy. Let me have that thing, though before you drop it.” It was heavy. She handed it over and said, “It’s turned off.”

Giles said, “Good.”

He and the Scoobies left and so did Buffy and William. William and Buffy headed home, the Scoobies to their homes. Giles went with the Scoobies.
They all crashed in their respective places….

Shopping for suits and a dress, Buffy and William spent the next Saturday at the mall. After an hour of trying on suits, he looked at Buffy and said, “They all look the same to me, Buffy. Their black, they have shirts, jackets, slacks, and bloody ties. What more can you want?”

Buffy hid the giggle that wanted badly to come out. She said, “It matters, trust me.” At his eye rolling, she said, “You trust me, right?”

Nodding, William said, “Yeah. I trust you, love. But this is…bloody insane!” He met the store owner’s frown with one of his own and went back into the dressing room with yet another suit that looked damn near the same as the last five he’d tried on!

Buffy said where he could hear, “It’s part of being famous, you have to dress the part. I have to try on dresses next.” She smiled at the thought.

William replied, “Yeah but you enjoy trying on dresses. And all of them will look perfect. You won’t be poked and prodded trying to get the bloody things on.”

Opening the door, Buffy walked in and said, “Well here. Let me help.”
William said, “I don’t need help, love, just to be able to pick an outfit and go with it.”

Buttoning and zipping his slacks, William looked in the mirror and said, “Looks the same as the last several.” Realizing how he sounded he said, “I know…I’m being whiney. Sorry.”

Buffy grinned and said, “If you liked dressing up more than me, I’d worry, William. Nobody likes shopping more than I do. Now let’s get a look at you.”

Together, they walked out and looking at the hall floor to ceiling mirror, Buffy said, “Turn around.”

William did a dance so that Buffy got the full effect of his nice ass and said, “Look okay? Please for the love of all that’s merciful and good say that it works!”

Buffy said, “It works.” So had the last five. But Buffy liked watching him try on clothes. It gave her a chance to see him in different poses and catch him a bit miffed. She enjoyed moments like that. He spoke with his English accents when he was ticked. It was a turn on for Buffy.

Moving around him, trying not to let him see just how excited she was, Buffy added, “Well I guess we need to pay for it and head over to the Gap to try on ladies gowns.”

William picked up on it. He waited until there was no one looking, then pulled her into the stall with him, shutting the door and locking it. He took her mouth this time in a feral kiss that sent her adrenaline in an immediate rush and had her pushing him to the wall with a force she’d never used before! He seemed to like it, however, as he kissed her deeper.

Buffy gasped, “William…we can’t…we’ll get caught.”

He continued kissing her neck saying, “We won’t. We’ll be quiet.”

Buffy said, “We won’t have time…before…someone needs to…use…the…room.”

William said, “Again you talk too much.” He unbuttoned her jeans and helped her tug them down. She unbuttoned his shirt, wide enough to let her mouth kiss along the open skin that was available. His head fell back and he couldn’t hide the low gasp that came out.

He re-focused however and took her mouth in another kiss, unzipping his bloody pants and pushing them to his ankles along with his boxers. In one swift move, William had Buffy in his arms, straddling his aching male shaft. As soon as she connected with him physically, Buffy knew madness, passion, and needs. They fused together ravenously for a length of time that held no reality. It could have been twenty minutes, it could have been an hour. When it drew to the closure, when William could tell that Buffy was about to reach that slice of paradise that he knew so well, William kissed her, to block her cries. He felt the claw marks on his back, not thinking he was still wearing his suit!

Finding reality again, Buffy and William got dressed. William said with a pleased chuckle, “I don’t think I’ll be needing this suit, love. It is too marred by your love.”

Blushing and grinning slyly, Buffy said, “Sorry.” Then mischievously, she added, “I guess that means you have to try on another suit.”

Walking behind her, he said, “Oh bloody hell, Buffy, not another damn suit.”

Buffy grinned over her shoulder saying, “Just kidding. I’ll find another just like it. Come on.”

They tossed the torn one into the nearest garbage, when alone, and purchased one that worked just fine.

By the end of the day, Buffy had a black dress that wasn’t too clingy—her preference—and went to the floor. It had spaghetti straps and sparkled with fake diamonds at the top. She felt beautiful in it and William told her she looked it.

They didn’t make it home until five that evening, but weeks early, they were ready. Mom would be there, Buffy thought, on the road home. That would be nice. So would all the Scoobies and Giles. It would be a night to remember….

angelrose242000
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Love She Couldn’t Deny

By, Angelrose242000

Part TenA Prelude

June 14, 2009

Buffy watched in humor as William paced back and forth in their bedroom, the night before the trip to San Francisco. He was so nervous! Buffy had noticed it coming on for days, but the closer they got to the big night the more strung up and intense he became. She had to admit that it was somewhat amusing, to watch. Stopping her process of folding clothes on their bed, Buffy said with a smile, “What are you pacing for?”

William looked at her and said erratically, “What am I pacing for? What am I pacing for she asks me. I’ll tell you, Buffy. This stupid idea of mine to take a trip to bloody San Francisco and get up in front of thousands of people that’s what! I don’t like it.”

Buffy grinned slyly and said, “So picture them naked.”

William looked at Buffy and said with a new interest, “The only one I choose to picture naked is you, honey.” Grinning wickedly, he added, “I’ll just have to picture an entire symposium of naked Buffy’s. Yeah, that’ll work.”

Buffy grinned over at him and said, “Well you’d give the crowd something to see that’s for sure. Then I’d have to take you in back and finish the job.”

William reached out in a fast, daring move that sent Buffy from the white quilted bed into William’s awaiting arms. He said, “Naughty naughty. What would your mother say?”

Grabbing him by the waistband of his jeans, Buffy pulled him closer against her and said recklessly, “Right now I’m not thinking of my mother. Damn good thing too otherwise I’d be pretty sick. Now are you going to pace all night and leave me to my lonely spot on the bed or are you…”

Buffy was unable to get out the rest of that sentence as her mouth was being ravaged aggressively by a man who knew what he wanted. She moved into him so willingly, so eagerly, showing again how much she was up for the task. Clean clothes got tossed into the basked on the floor….

Several hours later….

Buffy heard William talking to her almost seductively as she opened her eyes. He was saying something about the time, the patrol, but she shook her head and said, “Not tonight, Spike. I don’t want to patrol…I don’t want to be a slayer…I only want…” stretching like a pleased, very satisfied girl, she finished, “I only want to be Buffy Summers. I want to be right here, with the man I love.”

William liked that she called him Spike as if in a nickname, it reminded him of how she loved him even then, when he was a vampire. He cared about her but here lately could see that she was turning away from her duties as slayer to be with him. He enjoyed being with her, he loved her, but she had a calling. He didn’t want to be what kept her from her duties as slayer. They were just as important.

It could wait though—the talk of her intentions there of her slaying—far be it from William to be a parental advisor. He was the furthest thing from that description. So he smiled, equally satisfied, and tilting her face up kissed her again. He said nothing more, but took her sweetly into his arms. Her words of wanting to be with him and him only tonight was enough for a man named William….

Buffy had changed drastically in the past couple of months. She was discovering more of who she was and discarding parts that she hated, parts that labeled her a go-along-girl. She went along with what her friends thought too much, what Giles expected of her. Hell she had gone along too much period. It was just simpler to agree than to disagree.

But no more. She was tired of those days. She loved her friends, but they had lives of their own. Not that they weren’t accepting her and William more and more—they were—but still it just ate at her to think that so much of her was still a whatever-you-say-Willow. Fill in the blank of whichever Scooby might be addressing her. If they can go about their business on their time, so can I!

Damn it some nights she wanted to just be a girlfriend. So she went with William to concerts, stayed out late, went to parties. They went to the movies, made love in mall stalls, walked along the beach, spent nights under the stars. Recklessness was fun and she was playing the game to its fullest extent. She was rebelling against the protocol life she had always lived. It felt fun, exhilarating, and wild. She was wanton with William, she was all that she had denied herself for twenty-eight years. And he liked it. He wanted all she had to give and more.

But more than the fill of excitement, she was in love with William. She enjoyed moments when they sat under a tree and he would read to her of his poetry. His sweet words of love that were dedicated to her, to the life they had together.

Tomorrow would be a night of nights and Buffy lay with him imagining his walking on stage, taking his place at the podium. She’d heard his speech, helped refine it in areas where he asked for, and thought it was truly inspirational.

While listening to Giles on more than one occasion, Buffy had fantasized about William whisking her away in his bad ride as he called it, or in her Miata and just letting the road take them far away. Far away from the life of steaks, rules, stifling orders and expectations. Why did she have to have all the answers? Here lately more than ever before it just felt too much for Buffy to accept. She wasn’t a teenager in need of sneaking off behind Mom’s back and didn’t believe she was going through a crisis, she just wanted more in her life now than the legacy of a slayer….

TBC…Part Eleven—A Night of Nights to come soon!