Twilight

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Twilight

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

CandyDreamQueen - LOL I wasn't a big fan of Jacob at all. Personally, he just came in when Bella was at her weakest and it's not like Edward left because he thought it would be easy on Bella, but he was trying to protect her! Edward's priority from the time he saved Bella WAS Bella. Everything he did was for her, to protect her, she's human and more fragile then even she knows.

So Jacob TO ME seemed to use that weakened time (then again I had to keep reminding myself Jacob is 15 at the start of these series and 17 by the end, Edward has lived many...many years so the maturity or lack there of Jacob's case shows)...and I was really worried during Eclipse because I read it before BD came out so I had NO idea how it would end...who would she pick? Ultimately, I realized why things happened the way they did.

As far as other POV's, yeah it was Bella's story, the thing that HELPED (for me) to break up the hundreds of baby talk, was Jacob's inner thoughts...it was fun so I took it at face value LOL

And ultimately, it was Stephenie's baby and while not everyone loved it, or even liked it, I still respect the work and was just happy to be apart of the whole "Twilight" thing LOL For once I wasn't last to the party!!

Now, I eagerly await the movie!!!

Tanya
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

The beginning of the book was decent. I had gnawing feeling in me that something wasn't right though. I tried to give the author the benefit of the doubt that she would take care of characters as she had in past storylines. Things just got stranger and stranger. I'm just glad I didn't buy this book. It ends with eclipse for me. I only liked Jacob in the second book. I'm not a fan of his at all. I really don't see how he was good friend to Bella at all. He was a jerk for the most part, he had a few redeeming moments, but overall wasn't worth all the fuss given to him. I was not happy with the ending. This sad for me because I read the first 3 back to back and reread them. I don't think I'll ever pick up the fourth book, unless I want to read about their wedding, which was the only good part and a little bit of their honeymoon too. :wink: :)
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Behrsgirl77 wrote: And ultimately, it was Stephenie's baby and while not everyone loved it, or even liked it, I still respect the work and was just happy to be apart of the whole "Twilight" thing LOL For once I wasn't last to the party!!

Now, I eagerly await the movie!!!

Tanya
I can give an aman to that.

I didn't really look at it this way before, but I see your point. While I may not have loved the last book it was her baby like you said. I respect that it was her choice to take the story in whatever direction she wanted. Whatever the ending, Stphenie did create a great series, and Breaking Dawn does not take away from how much I enjoyed reading the other books. Twilight is still my fav though. And I too still can't wait to see the movie.

<<<Candice>>>
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

Some bad news with the last installment of the books. Here's the article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080903/lf_ ... s_meyer_dc
greydestiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by greydestiny »

yeah i was so looking forward to midnight sun. there's a couple of websites that are sending stephenie meyer letters of support and stuff. in fact tomorrow sept. 13 is going to be twilight support day. readers who want to support SM should wear twilight related shirts and colors. i went out and got a shirt but now i'm stuck in my house all weekend thanks to hurricane ike! live on the coast of texas so only my family will get to see my shirt, lol

www.SupportMidnightSun.com
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

greydestiny wrote:yeah i was so looking forward to midnight sun. there's a couple of websites that are sending stephenie meyer letters of support and stuff. in fact tomorrow sept. 13 is going to be twilight support day. readers who want to support SM should wear twilight related shirts and colors. i went out and got a shirt but now i'm stuck in my house all weekend thanks to hurricane ike! live on the coast of texas so only my family will get to see my shirt, lol

http://www.SupportMidnightSun.com
Is that stephenie Meyer's fifth book from the twilight series?

Omg! I can't beleive ppl are leaking her book over the net. That's sick..so sick. I feel bad for her, she has to spend ages writing that. It's not fair.
I hope things become okay for her soon because I can't wait to read her fifth book if she's going to publish it. I'm almost done with her fourth one, Breaking Dawn. :D
ChadslilHottie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ChadslilHottie »

Oh I love twilight! I've been wanting to read it for forever, but work and life have stopped me. But I got to read it this past weekend. I loved it.
Sig and avi made for me by my hubby, Chad. Isn’t he a sweetie!
greydestiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by greydestiny »

after midnight sun got leaked she posted it her website and i read it...and OMG it was great! reading the story of how bella and edward meet from edward's pov was just amazing! i do hope one day, hopefully sooner rather than later that she does finish it and publish because i would buy midnight sun in a heartbeat!

i can't wait for the movie!
greydestiny
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by greydestiny »

well i found this and this is by far one of the spoofs i've ever seen. some guys from chicago spoofed the twilight trailer and i think they did a great job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dompotjT ... re=channel

check it out! these guys have some serious talent....
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

LOL funny ^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)