Falling for Mr. October (AU M/L Adult) Ch 10 11/16[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Falling for Mr. October (AU M/L Adult) Ch 10 11/16[WIP]

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Thank you to Tanya for the beautiful banner :)

Title: Falling for Mr. October
Author: Kristen
Rating: Adult
Disclaimer: I don't own the rights of anything Roswell.
Summary: Max and Liz became friends in high school then started dating, what happens when Max gets recruited to play professional baseball for the New York Mets?
A/N:I've read so many fics where Max plays basketball and football, but he never plays baseball! Since baseball is my favorite sport I came up with this story.

before I start I have to give a HUGE thank you to my wonderful beta..."Behr's other girl" haha Tanya...you're the best hun thanks so much! :D

Chapter 1
March 2002

Max Evans and Serena Carter were the hottest couple at West Roswell High. He was on the baseball team and she was a cheerleader. They really made a cute couple. The two of them had been dating since they were in eighth grade at Roswell Middle School. Here it was, nearing the end of their senior year and they were still together without ever breaking up. Their class even voted them “Most likely to get Married” for their senior superlatives. They really were in love and the whole school knew it. Unfortunately, Liz Parker knew it as well and hated it.

Liz Parker was also a senior at West Roswell, she wasn’t that involved with school because she was a dancer. Dance was her life, she was at her studio everyday, whether it was to dance or to work she was always there. However, dance wasn’t her only passion in life, Max Evans was. She was in love with him. Can you really call if love when it’s unrequited?

She started to like Max her sophomore year when they went on a weekend retreat together with their church where he was her small group leader. They had really gotten to know each other that weekend, and she felt special to be able to see a side of him that not many people got to see. After all, he was the hotshot baseball player at school, which meant he never showed any emotion.

After that weekend you could say she and Max became friends. They would talk online every once and a while and they would say hi in the halls and stop and talk to each other whenever they had a chance. Unfortunately that wasn’t too often since he was usually with Serena. Liz was happy with their friendship. She just wished with all her heart it could have been something more.

The only person that she had ever flat out told that she liked Max was her best friend Maria. But Liz was so obvious with her crush that pretty much the whole grade knew. Max never led on though, he didn’t want to embarrass her and he liked the friendship they had.

One day in March, Maria and Liz were walking to class when they saw a poster for Senior Prom tickets going on sale.

“So Liz, who you asking to prom this year?” Maria asked her.

“Um….well I asked Leo if he wanted to go and he said as long as he doesn’t have finals he’ll go…so keep your fingers crossed!” Liz said with a nervous laugh and held up both her hands with crossed fingers.

Leo was Liz’s friend that had graduated the year before. He was also on that retreat and they were as good of friends as her and Max. Liz always thought Leo was cute, but he was just someone that was there to take her mind off of Max.

“Good luck with that hun! I really hope it works out. What are you gonna do if he can’t go?”

“I don’t know. I guess not go since we can’t go without a date.”

“LIZ! You have to go. We’ll find you someone.”

“Maria, I’m not gonna go with some random guy. Do you know how awkward that would be? I wouldn’t even have a good time.”

“Liz, it’s our Senior Prom!”

“Don’t you think I know that Maria! God…” She pressed her palms against her eyes and rubbed them in frustration. “Look I’m gonna go to class. I’ll see ya later.”

“Liz…” Maria tried getting her attention, but Liz ignored her and continued to walk away.

A few weeks later Liz got an Instant Message from Leo saying he had three finals that day and there would be no way he would be able to go to prom with her. He felt terrible and promised her that they would hang out sometime over the summer. Liz told him not to worry about it and that it was okay and then signed offline.

She ran to her bed and cried. She couldn’t believe she was going to miss her senior prom. By now everyone had dates, and it wasn’t like she was very popular with the people in her grade anyway. After she had settled down, she called Maria but got her voicemail. Remembering it was Friday night, she realized she was probably out with her boyfriend Michael somewhere, so she left her a voicemail telling her what happened and then went to bed.

That Monday at school she was at her locker when she saw Max and Serena happily walking hand in hand together down the hallway. She then saw them kiss as Serena walked into a classroom and he started heading her way.

“Hey Parker!” he said to her as he reached her side.

“Oh hey Max. What’s up?” She said trying to sound casual.

“Not too much, what about you?” He shrugged. He was holding onto his backpack strap as he was talking to her. He had one of those one-strap backpacks that crossed over your chest and she thought it couldn’t have made him look hotter.

“Not much…the usual,” she said closing her locker.

They started walking down the hall together and Max looked over at the wall and saw a prom poster. “So who you going to prom with?”

She froze. “Oh…um…I’m not actually going.”

He stopped as well. “What?! It’s senior prom, Parker. Why aren’t you going?”

“I couldn’t get a date,” she admitted sheepishly.

“I find that hard to believe,” he said with a shake of his head and she blushed.

“Well believe it buddy,” she laughed. “I was gonna go with Leo Denali but that fell through so now I’m out,” she finished trying to mask her pain.

“Man Liz…I’m sorry.”

“Yeah…it’s okay though. I’m sure I’ll have fun anyway. Maybe I’ll go on a trip instead with all the money I’ll be saving,” she joked.

“Hey that’ll be fun!” He said trying to make her feel better.

“Yeah. Look I gotta go. I have early dismissal today because I have dance, so I guess I’ll just talk to you later.” She said walking towards the parking lot.

“Ok, see ya.” He waved, and then walked to his last class of the day.

A couple of weeks had gone by since then and prom was only a little more than a month away. There was a huge party at Tess Harding’s house on Saturday night and anyone who was anyone would be going. Unfortunately, Max had to work so Serena would be going to her first high school event, stag. Max felt bad but there was nothing he could do.

Liz wasn’t a party person and she also wasn’t friends with many people in her grade. Therefore she didn’t feel comfortable going, even though Tess had invited her. She knew that she would hear all about it at school on Monday anyway since everything that happened when their class was drunk, always got around fast.

Little did Liz know exactly what she would’ve been missing though….

Monday came and the gossip flew around the school like wild fire. All the guys were going through the halls patting Kyle Valenti on the back and congratulating him, which confused Liz. She was at her locker and she heard someone crying in the eraser room, and then she heard a very familiar voice yelling.

“What the fuck were you thinking?!” His voice roared.

“Max, I wasn’t…I was drunk and I missed you.”

“You were drunk?” he laughed in disbelief, “You were drunk?! That’s your fucking excuse?! Serena, you had sex with Kyle behind my back and I had to find out from a random person that I don’t even talk to. Do you know how that feels?” As she eavesdropped on the conversation, Liz didn’t think that she had ever heard Max sound that upset since she’d known him.

“Max…”

“No! Don’t you dare ‘Max’ me. Do you have any idea how it feels to find out that the person you have been in love with for five fucking years, the girl that you were planning on proposing to one day, fucks some random guy and doesn’t even have the courtesy to tell me…were you even going to tell me?”

Serena looked down as the tears streamed down her face. She simply shook her head and whispered a barely audible, “No”.

“I don’t fucking believe this…I don’t fucking believe this shit!”

“Max…please…we can get through this.”

“Ya know what Serena? I don’t think we can. You were honestly gonna keep this from me? How do I know you haven’t done anything like this before and just never told me?” He questioned trying to hide the pain from every reaching his voice.

She lifted her head with a look of guilt on her face.

“You have haven’t you?” Serena didn’t say anything, but that’s all it took to confirm Max’s suspicions. “How long?” When she didn’t answer he yelled even louder. “HOW LONG?!”

“Since November,” she mumbled out pitifully.

“You’ve been cheating on me for four fucking months?!” Serena just nodded in shame and Max shook his head in disbelief and walked past her.

Without ever looking back, he reached for the doorknob and just as he began to open it, he stopped to tell her one last thing.

“Find another date for prom…I never want to talk to you again.” And with that he stepped into the hallway, knowing full well that everyone out there had heard what had just gone on. Thankfully, he was too caught up in his thoughts to even bother acknowledging them, and quickly made his way to the parking lot.

That night Liz was online and talking to Maria on the phone when she got an Instant Message from Max.

Evans267: Hey you

“Oh my God. Maria, Max just IM’d me. I have to go. I’ll call you back…Yes fine I’ll copy and paste the conversation to you. Okay…okay bye,” she said and hung up and then turned her eager attention to her computer.

DancerLHT: hey

DancerLHT: how are ya?

Evans267: not great…you?

DancerLHT: I’m ok. Do you wanna talk about it?

Evans267: not really. But talking to you is already making me feel better.

DancerLHT: Glad I could help

Evans267: I have a question for you

DancerLHT: ok…shoot

Evans267: did you happen to end up finding a date for prom?

Liz’s heartbeat started racing.

DancerLHT: no why?

Evans267: Well I know it’s really lame to ask online but I didn’t have your phone number…

Evans267: I was wondering if you’d want to go to prom with me.

DancerLHT: really?

Evans267: yeah. Look I know you know Serena and I broke up…the whole freakin school knows, but honestly, I’d really like to go with you Parker.

DancerLHT: Well I’d really like to go with you too Max

DancerLHT: Thank you.

Evans267: No need to thank me Parker, it’s my pleasure

DancerLHT: Listen I know it’s none of my business but if you ever need to talk to someone about Serena or about anything…I’m here.

Evans267: Thanks Liz…that means a lot.

DancerLHT: No prob bob!

Evans267: haha

Evans267: Hey what’s your number since we probably will be needing to call each other with prom details and stuff.

DancerLHT: 505-555-8328

DancerLHT: What about you?

Evans267: 505-555-0146

DancerLHT: ok…listen I g2g to dance, but I’ll def ttyl ok?

Evans267: ok. later Liz

DancerLHT: bye

Liz then got ready for dance and called Maria screaming with the news. She couldn’t believe it…she was going to prom with Max freakin’ Evans!

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl1230 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:40 am, edited 24 times in total.
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Just dropping off the amazing banner that Tanya made for me and a quick thank you for all the feedback. I was completely shocked when I saw it all! :D

Also just a quick note to let you all know that I will update this on Thursdays. See you guys next week and thanks again for the great feedback...(even the Yankee fans :P lol)
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Hey everyone! I know I said I would update this on Thursdays, but today is my birthday so as a birthday present to you guys I'll update a day early haha.

I have to say I was completely shocked with all the feedback. Thanks so much everyone!! :D I myself am a Jersey girl and I was born and raised a die hard Mets fan sorry Yankee fans! haha

Thanks so much to my wonderful beta Tanya :D and to everyone else as well...
Heavenli24
Erina258
begonia9508
harroc83
dreamer destiny
katan
icequeen
Ellie
anonymousarfan
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Jess79
cocopucks
kukany
Behrsgirl77- sorry Tanya, you're right...you are his first girl :P
linliz68
Roswell 10/2/00
lazza
ShatteredDreamer
txndreamer06
Alien614
FSUMSW94
Luzser1800
BehrObsession
Natz
RASaero611
Maxsgurl
hazz
behrlyliz
behrluv32
Behr-y-Apple-y-
POM

Chapter 2

That same weekend Liz and Maria went dress shopping. They knew they only had about a month left, which meant they needed to find a dress fast.

Ever since Liz had seen the movie, “How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days”, she fell in love with the gold slinky satin dress that Kate Hudson wore in it. She and Maria had made it their goal to find a similar style.

They went into five different stores at the mall and had no luck at all. Finally, they walked into Bloomingdale’s and the moment they entered in they saw the exact dress in pink. Liz flipped out. She quickly found her size and tried it on. Liz stepped out of the dressing room and over to the full-length mirror. As soon as both she and Maria took a good look, they couldn’t help but smile and jump up and down giddily.

“Liz you look amazing!” Maria said with an excited look on her face.

“You really think so?” She said as she was looking at herself from all different angles in the mirror.

“I know so! Max is gonna be drooling over you.”

Liz playfully hit Maria’s arm. “Get real Maria. Max doesn’t like me like that. We’re just friends, and we both needed dates for prom. It’s not a big deal.” Liz tried to rationalize.

“Okay, you keep telling yourself that girlfriend.”

Liz just looked at her with a confused expression on her face and then looked back at herself in the mirror. She sighed. “It does look really good doesn’t it?” She said with a smiled playing at the corners of lips.

Maria just nodded. She then looked at the price tag. “Man Liz…Four hundred bucks. What are you gonna do?”

“My mom gave me her credit card, she said it was my senior prom and I’m worth it so to buy whichever dress looks the best on me no matter what the price is.”

“Your mom is so awesome.”

“I know,” Liz said as she walked back into the dressing room to change.

Liz exited the dressing room with the dress in her arms and headed over to pay for it. As the two of them were leaving the store Liz looked over at Maria and said, “I should call Max and let him know I got it.”

She flipped open her phone and dialed the number that she had wanted to dial for the past three years. After a few rings, he answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Max, it’s Liz.”

“Hey Liz! What’s up?” he said in a cheerful voice which made Liz happy knowing he wasn’t too depressed over the whole Serena situation.

“I’m actually at the mall with Maria, I just got my dress.”

“Awesome! I’m actually at the mall with Michael right now. Do you want to meet up somewhere and we can head over to the tux store to pick out one for me together?”

“Sure, I’d love to. We are just outside Bloomingdale’s so I’ll just meet you up there is that okay?”

“That’s perfect. I’ll see ya soon.”

“Okay, bye.” Liz closed her phone and looked at Maria who had been trying to eavesdrop on the conversation the whole time.

“Well?” Maria said impatiently waving her hand in the air.

“He wants me to meet him at the tux place upstairs so we can pick out a tux for him that would go with my dress.” Liz explained but her voice wavered just a bit, giving away her cool demeanor.

Maria held in a scream. “Oh my God Liz, this is so exciting!”

“I know!” Liz said unable to hide the excitement in her voice. “And Michael is with him so you can stop looking at your watch as to when the next time you can see him is.”

“Liz I was not…” She stopped when Liz gave her a piercing stare. “Fine, okay I was. I’m sorry I just…I miss him I haven’t seen him since yesterday.”

Liz rolled her eyes and started walking. “Come on, let’s just get up there so you can see your man, and I can see Max.” She said with a smile that lit up her entire face.

When they arrived at the store, Max and Michael were already there and had already begun to look at a few styles. Max already had a tux ordered from when he was going with Serena, so he told the salesman that he just needed to change it, which was of course no problem.

Liz and Maria walked in and immediately Michael and Maria went into their own little world as Max and Liz exchanged a quick, ‘Hello’.

“So let me see your dress!” Max said excitedly rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

Liz was just about to pull out the bag when Maria interrupted. “Uh uh uh,” she said waving her finger at him. “Not allowed to see the dress until it’s on her.”

“Maria, we’re not getting married, it’s just prom,” Liz said jokingly and Max laughed.

“It doesn’t matter, he’s not supposed to see the dress.”

“Fine, but can I show him the color so we can make his tux match?”

Maria paused to think about it and then finally agreed. Liz then pulled out a little part of the dress to show the color and they decided on a black tux with a cream vest and tie. They put the order in and went outside to meet up with Michael and Maria. Only the two of them were nowhere in sight.

“Where did they go?” Liz wondered as she looked around searching for them.

“Knowing Michael they probably went somewhere to make out.” They both laughed at that.

“I’ll call Maria, cause if she plans on staying with Michael the rest of the day I’ll need to find another ride home.”

Liz began to pull her phone out of her purse when the feel of Max’s hand on her arm stopped her.

“Don’t worry about it Parker, I’ll just take you home.” He said as he let go of her arm and put his hands in his pockets.

“Are you sure?” She said as she looked up at him.

“Positive. Those horndogs will probably be gone for a while.”

Liz let out a chuckle. “Yeah, you’re probably right.”

“Come on let’s go.” He said with a smile and a wink, as he lead them towards the mall parking lot

“Okay,” Liz said shyly. “Thanks.”

“It’s not a problem.” He looked over at her.

They made small conversation in the car in between Liz giving him directions to her house. When they arrived at her house, she quickly got out, thanked him for the ride, and headed towards her front door. Then he did something that surprised not only her but himself as well.

“Hey Liz?” He called out and she turned around.

“Yeah?” She asked with a confused look on her face.

“Um…once baseball season is over, would you like to hang out sometime? Like go to a movie or dinner or something?” He rambled but managed to stop himself before sounding like a complete idiot.

“Like a date?” She questioned with a slight smile on her face.

He paused as he thought about the idea of dating someone especially so soon after breaking up with Serena, but for some reason this just felt right.

“Yeah,” he answered. “Yeah a date.”

“I’d love to.” She said as she bit her bottom lip trying to hold back the huge smile that was threatening to break through across her face.

He smiled at her. “Great. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Okay. Bye Max.” She said to him as she turned around go inside.

“Bye,” he said mainly to himself since she was already halfway in her house by the time he’d said it. He sat in his car for a little while thinking about what he had just done. It had been a while since he had gone on an actual date. With Serena, it was different because they had been together for so long. The whole “dating” thing was pretty new to him, and it scared him to think he was starting to have feelings for someone else so quickly.

He finally snapped out of his trance realizing he was still in Liz’s driveway and drove home.

Max called Liz that night but got her voicemail, since she was of course at the studio. Not many people knew this, but she had her Julliard audition the week after prom, so her teacher was giving her private lessons every night in preparation for the audition.

She got in her car and noticed his missed call. She quickly put her earpiece in and called him back as she drove home.

“Hey Parker,” he said into the phone.

“Hey! Sorry I just got out of dance.”

“You have dance class on a Saturday night?” he asked her in disbelief.

“Yeah, actually I have it every night.” She admitted.

“Damn, that’s intense! I didn’t realize how into dance you actually were.”

“Yeah, no one knows this, but I have an audition for Julliard in a month so my teacher has me training for it every night.”

“Wow. That’s awesome. Good Luck!”

“Thanks.” She said shyly. Then a loud truck zoomed passed her.

“You driving?”

“Yeah.”

“Just couldn’t wait to talk to me huh?” They both laughed.

“You have such a huge ego.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” She just rolled her eyes. “I don’t want to keep you since you’re driving so I’ll just talk to you later okay?”

“Okay. Bye Max.”

“Bye Liz.”

Liz hit the end button on her phone then took her earpiece out and continued her drive home.

Prom was only a couple days away and Max and Liz had gotten a lot closer over the past month. They now talked either on the phone or online every day whether it was about prom details or just normal conversation.

Max hadn’t even looked at Serena since that day in the eraser room. Apparently, she was going to prom with Kyle, which didn’t surprise him at all.

It still hurt that she had cheated on him, but he was trying to move on, and Liz was really helping him with that. It was easy to open up to her because she already knew so much about him that not many people did, and he really liked that.

As he was walking to his locker to get his lunch, his heart leapt a little and a smile appeared on his face when he saw her at her locker. She was on her tiptoes trying to put her books on the top shelf.

“Need some help?” He said as he reached her side.

Liz quickly turned around. “Oh hey, Max. Yeah that would be great. Thanks.”

He took the books from her hands and put them on the shelf for her. He then turned to her tugging on his backpack strap not realizing that that drove her crazy.

She then grabbed her lunch and the two of them started walking.

“So how’s the audition dance going?” he asked her.

“Wonderful thanks. I almost have it perfect.” She said with such enthusiasm that Max couldn’t help but smile at her.

“That’s great. Are you nervous?”

“Ya know what? I thought I would be, but I’m really not. I’m just excited. I can’t wait to get on that plane, head over there and nail the audition.”

Max held the cafeteria door open for her and as they sat at a table he said, “I can’t wait for that either.”

She just looked at him with a surprised expression on her face then smiled. “You really think I’m gonna get in?”

“I know you are.” They just looked at each other and sat in comfortable silence as they ate their lunch.

“So where are you going to college? Have you decided yet?” Liz asked him.

“Actually I just signed a letter of intent to play division one baseball at Rutgers University.” He said casually as he took a bite of his sandwich.

“Wow that’s amazing Max! Congratulations.”

He just shrugged it off like it was no big thing. Then she said, “That’s so exciting cause if I get into Julliard we’ll be right near each other.”

He looked up at her smiling. “You’re right. So I can come up to the city and watch you dance, and you can come down to good ole Jersey and watch me play.”

“Sounds like a deal.” She laughed.

Liz never imagined in her wildest dreams…okay maybe in her wildest dreams, but she never thought that Max Evans would want to visit her at college and watch her dance. It was almost like a dream come true.

TBC…

next Thursday!
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the feedback, I love reading your reactions to everything :D . Here's the chapter you've been waiting for..PROM! lol. The whole not being able to go to prom without a date was a rule at my high school, and like Liz I almost didn't go because my date backed out last minute. It's a dumb rule but whatever lol.

A HUGE thank you goes out to my fabulous beta Tanya :D You're so great!

To_Kiss_A_Frog
Erina258
Emz80m
begonia9508
FSUMSW94
BehrObsession
RASaero611
roswell3053
kukany
dreamer destiny
POM
txndreamer06
brighteyes
anonymousarfan
sam_me
linliz68
hazz
ShatteredDreamer
ayznshorti
Alien614

oh! and thanks for all the birthday wishes :D I had a really nice birthday.

Chapter 3

It was finally prom day and none of the seniors had to go to school since they had to get ready for the big night. Liz was sitting down nervously in her room as Maria began to do her makeup. Max was going to be at her house in an hour. She still couldn’t believe that he actually wanted to go to prom with her.

“Liz would you please stay still? Your makeup is gonna look like crap if you keep shaking.” Maria said as she put her hands on her hips in annoyance.

“I’m sorry Maria, I’m just so nervous. What if he doesn’t like my dress…or worse…what if I fall on my face…Maria, I can’t do this.” Liz said getting up and pacing around her room.

Maria put her hands on Liz’s shoulders in an attempt to calm her down. “Liz, listen to me. First of all, there’s no way Max won’t like your dress. Have you seen yourself in it? You look pretty freakin hot if I do say so myself. And second, just calm down, act casual and you will definitely not fall on your face. If you keep acting the way you are, I’m not gonna lie you probably will.” She said with a chuckle.

Liz just glared at her. “Fine. Okay, just please continue with my makeup. Make sure it’s perfect.” She said as she walked back over to her vanity chair and took a seat.

“You got it girlfriend.”

It was now five-fifteen and both Max and Michael were due to be at Liz’s house in fifteen minutes. Liz was looking at herself in her full-length mirror fiddling with her dress and looking at herself from all different angles.

She absolutely loved the way her hair turned out. It was all up and had a slight part on the right side. The back was all twists and curls, and the hairstylist even put some glitter in it along with cute bobby pins that had jewels on the ends of them.

She was so enthralled in her thoughts that she didn’t even hear her door open. As she was looking in her mirror she saw her mother appear in her doorway. She turned around to greet her.

“Hey Mom.”

Nancy Parker had her hands clasped over her mouth. “Oh Lizzie, you look beautiful! You’re definitely not my little girl anymore.” She said close to tears.

“Thanks Mom.” Liz said smiling as she gave her mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“You ready to make your grand entrance?” Nancy pulled away eyeing her daughter with a bright smile.

Liz stiffened. “Is Max here already?”

Nancy just laughed. “Yes honey, that’s why I came up here. You ready?”

She just nodded and started taking deep breaths while telling herself to calm down.

Her mom walked out a moment later, Liz followed shortly after her.

Max was standing in the foyer near the bottom step talking to Michael and Maria while holding Liz’s corsage in a box in his hands. As soon as Liz made her appearance, he stopped what he was doing and almost dropped the box. He just stood there and stared at her open mouthed. So many thoughts were running through his mind. He couldn’t believe how gorgeous she looked.

As she was descending the steps, she saw how handsome Max looked and almost froze mid-step. She then saw him stare at her and a smile spread on her lips as she blushed. When she reached the bottom step, Max reached out his hand for hers and lifted it to his lips. She felt like Rose in the scene from Titanic when Leonardo DiCaprio did that to Kate Winslet before the big dinner. Liz was sure her face was bright red from blushing so much.

Max let go of her hand and said, “You look amazing Liz.”

She of course blushed again then replied, “Thank you. You look very nice as well.”

“Well thanks.” He answered with a wink. He then opened up the box and pulled out the corsage, “This is for you.” He began to put it on her when Nancy interrupted.

“Wait, wait! Let me get my camera.” she said. Everybody laughed and as soon as she came back into the room with the camera, Max put the beautiful white rose corsage on Liz’s left wrist while they both posed for pictures. Liz then in turn pretended she was putting Max’s white rose boutonniere on his left lapel for the picture and then her mother actually put it on him since Liz didn’t know how. That had everyone laughing.

The four of them posed for several more pictures before finally getting into their limo and heading over to the Roswell Manor for the prom.

The whole night was spent laughing and dancing. Max and Liz were having a really great time together. However, Liz noticed a pain in his eyes every time he saw Serena and Kyle together.

One time in particular, they were sitting at their table and he saw the two of them on the dance floor. She could just tell how much he was still hurting over the entire breakup. She put her hand on his arm and said in a compassionate voice, “Hey…you ok?”

He tore his eyes away from Serena and Kyle, looked at Liz, and smiled. “I will be.” He paused and then grabbed her hand. “Come on, let’s dance.”

He dragged Liz on the dance floor just as, “I Shall Believe” echoed throughout the room.

“I love this song.” Liz said and Max just smiled at her.

“I’m really happy Maria made me wait to see your dress. You look so beautiful.”

Liz was extremely grateful it was dark so Max wouldn’t think she had some problem always blushing when she was around him.

“Thank you. That really means a lot.” They continued to dance in silence as they just stared into each other’s eyes. “Max, thanks so much for taking me, I don’t think I could ever thank you enough.”

Max shook his head. “No Liz…thank you.”

“For what?” She asked quizzically while scrunching her eyebrows in confusion.

“For going with me, and for helping me get through something that probably should have been a lot harder for me to get through. I don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t have you to talk to throughout my whole break up.” Max finished sadly unable to look her in the eye.

Liz put her hand on his cheek and forced him to look at her. “Max, you know you can come to me for anything, I’ll always be here for you.”

“I know,” He said with such longing in his eyes.

The two of them continued to sway back and forth in each other’s arms gazing into each other’s eyes. Max hadn’t felt the way he did at that moment in such a long time and he couldn’t quite pinpoint exactly what it was. He was feeling a mixture of nervousness, happiness, and desire. Desire to do something he never thought about doing until that moment.

“Liz?” He said softly as he lowered his head. His eyes were fixated on her lips.

“Yes Max?” She said just as quietly lifting her head to meet his.

They were so close to each other they could feel the warm puffs of air against each other’s faces. Then suddenly, before either of them knew it, their lips met. They quickly pulled away and stared at each other. They both smiled and leaned into another kiss, although this time with more passion. Max let his tongue slide along Liz’s bottom lip asking for permission to enter, which she quickly granted.

They were both in their own world on the dance floor completely oblivious to the other four hundred people in the room. As the last notes of, “I Shall Believe” played out, they pulled back from each other, cheeks flushed as their foreheads resting against each other, and smiled.

“I’m sorry,” Max said, “I just really had to do that.”

“Hey, I’m not complaining.” Liz said as she played with the hair at the base of his neck.

Later that night, Max, Michael, Maria, and Liz were all in the limo heading back to Liz’s house where Liz and Maria would be spending the night before heading to the shore the next morning with a group of people.

When they got there, Max walked Liz to the door, thanked her for the wonderful night, and gave her a soft chaste kiss on the lips.

“Goodnight, Liz.” He said walking backwards towards the limo, a smile playing on his lips.

“Goodnight, Max.” She replied biting her lower lip unable to hide her happiness over the night’s events.

She and Maria walked inside and went up to Liz’s room to change into their pajamas. Just as they were getting into bed so Liz could spill to Maria all the events of the night, her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID and saw it was Max.

“Oh my God! Maria…it’s Max!” She said giddily jumping up and down, nerves spreading throughout her body.

“Calm down and answer it!” Maria jokingly yelled at her.

“Hey,” she answered casually.

“Hey you.” He said huskily into the phone and Liz thought she would melt into a pile of goo.

“What’s up?” She asked him as she hopped on her bed and started playing with the ends of her comforter.

“I’m bored, and I couldn’t sleep...and I wanted to hear your voice.” Liz couldn’t believe that even on the phone Max Evans could still make her blush.

“Is that so?” She flirtatiously said.

“Yeah,” he laughed, “Look, about before. I don’t normally do that obviously, but for some reason I just had to kiss you. It was like I was being drawn to you.”

“Yeah I know what you mean.” She said softly trying to ward off Maria.

“I don’t know how you feel, but I really like you, Parker. There’s just something about you. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s like I can just be normal and act like myself around you and not have to worry about it.”

“I really like you too, Max.” She said and Maria couldn’t hold in her scream as she heard Liz say ‘too’ meaning Max said he liked her.

Max heard a scream and quickly sat up afraid something happened. “Is everything okay over there?” He asked sounding concerned.

“Yeah, it’s just Maria, she…broke a nail.” Liz said making a face and hitting Maria. Max just laughed at that as he laid back down on his bed.

“Of course, only Maria would get bent out of shape over something like that.”

“Aint that the truth!” Liz said laughing.

“So…next week’s the big day, and baseball season ends in a week and a half. Did you still want to go on that date?”

“You hadn’t mentioned it in a while I was starting to think you forgot about it.” She said playfully.

“Never. It’s on my mind all the time. I’m counting down the days Parker.”

“Good to know.” She smiled into the phone, and then looked over at Maria who started to look annoyed. “I hate to do this, but Maria is starting to get antsy, I better go. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Okay. Sweet dreams, Liz.”

“Goodnight, Max.”

They both hung up the phone and Max just laid on his bed running his hands over his face. These feelings were coming at him so fast he wasn’t quite sure what to do.

Meanwhile, Liz let out a small scream before she relayed the whole night up to and including that conversation to Maria. Maria couldn’t believe all of this was happening to Liz, she couldn’t have been happier for her best friend.

One week later

Liz was in the airport anxiously waiting to board a plane to New York for her audition. She started to get very nervous. She had talked to Max the night before and he wished her good luck and told her that he’d miss her.

Just as she was about to turn off her phone she got a text message. She opened her phone and saw it was from Max.

Just wanted to say good luck. I know you’ll nail it. Have a safe flight and call me when you land.

All of the nervous feelings that Liz had flew out the window in that moment. She knew her dance well and more importantly; she had someone who believed in her.

Just then, there was an announcement that her plane was boarding, so she got up and walked onto the plane.

A week had gone by since then and Liz felt that her audition went pretty well. She should be getting a letter in the mail any day now letting her know if she got in or not.

Max had his last baseball game last night and of course Liz went to it. He was so happy she went, he told her the reason why they won was because she was there cheering him on. After the game, he went out a celebrated and Liz went home but told him to call her when he got home.

Max ended up calling Liz at around one o’clock and finally officially asked her out on their date. They decided to go out the next night, but he wouldn’t tell Liz where they were going.

Finally, it was the night of their date and Liz couldn’t wait. She was wearing a cute short denim skirt from American Eagle with glitter and jewels on it, with a white halter top.

Max picked Liz up at her house and greeted her with half a dozen white roses. As soon as he gave them to her, her whole face just lit up as she thanked him and went and put them in some water.

He then took her hand in his and walked her to his car. As soon as they got in, she couldn’t help but ask, “Am I allowed to know where we are going yet?”

He just laughed. “Nope. I told you last night, it’s a surprise Parker.” He said as he looked over at her, grabbed her hand, and held it over the stick.

Liz looked down at their clasped hands and broke out into a full-fledged smile.

They made small conversation in the car and then Max pulled up to the beautiful grotto at the retreat center where they first became friends. On the ground in front of the grotto was a blanket with a picnic basket set on top of it.

“Max…” Liz said as she put her hand over her mouth in shock.

“You like it?” He said smiling as he saw her expression.

“I love it. The grotto is my favorite part of this place.”

He leaned into her ear and whispered; “I know”

She just looked at him in amazement. “You really did all of this just for me?”

Max lifted his hand and framed Liz’s cheek with it. “Liz, I don’t know what you’re doing to me, but the way I feel about you...” He paused trying to find the right words. “I don’t know…it’s just…you’re so special.”

Liz leaned into his hand and then put hers over it too. She then looked into his eyes after his admission, framed his face in her hands, and kissed him. “Max Evans, no one has ever said anything like that to me…thank you.”

“It’s all true Liz.” They stared at each other for a while until finally Max squeezed her hand and said, “Let’s start our picnic shall we?”

Liz and Max had their picnic and sat by the grotto together gazing at the sky after they ate. Realizing it was getting late they decided to head home.

Once in Liz’s driveway, Max again walked her to her door.

“I had a really great time tonight Max.” Liz said and she played with the fringe on the end of her skirt.

“Me too.” Max said as he reached over to put a piece of hair behind her ear. “Liz, I know this is gonna sound really nineties of me but…will you be my girlfriend?”

Liz just laughed at that. “Max Evans I’ve been waiting three years for you to say those words to me.”

Max looked at her with an expression of disbelief on his face. “Really?”

She let out a chuckle. “Really.”

“So is that a yes?”

She nodded as she said, “Yes Max…I’ll be your girlfriend.”

They both smiled and Max wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her senseless.

“I’ll call you tomorrow…my beautiful girlfriend.” Max said still holding onto her.

“You better, my hot boyfriend,” she said as she let go of his embrace and began to walk inside. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” He said to her, and watched her walk inside and close the door behind her.

TBC…

be back next thursday! :)
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the feedback. I'm glad you all liked the prom. I wish that really happened to me at my prom haha.

Special thanks to my amazing beta that has to put up with me lol. Tanya you're awesome.

And now a very big thank you to all the readers and lurkers :)
Maxsgurl
FSUMSW94
POM
sam_me
Ellie
roswell3053
kittens
RASaero611
dreamer destiny
BehrObsession
txndreamer06
Erina258
ayznshorti
Roswell 10/2/00
begonia9508
anonymousarfan
linliz68
Alien614
Emz80m
hazz
Lizza

Chapter 4

Three Months Later…

Liz got her Julliard letter a couple of days after their date and she called Max ecstatic with the news. She got in. She could not believe that two of her dreams had come true in the same week. She was dating Max Evans and she was going to Julliard; something she had dreamed of doing since she was a little girl.

Ever since their first date, Max and Liz had been inseparable. They were always so happy whenever they were together…except for right now. They were in Liz’s car on their way to the airport for her to start school. All summer they knew this day would come, but they didn’t think it would come so soon.

The entire car ride to the airport was completely silent. They sat in the back seat holding hands and Liz had her head resting on Max’s shoulder. Silent tears were falling down her face. When the car stopped Liz’s father turned around in his seat.

“You guys ready?” He asked them and Max and Liz just looked at each other. Max wiped Liz’s tears away while he was trying his best to hold his own back. They looked back at Jeff and nodded.

Max opened the car door and helped Liz out. They both went to the trunk to unload all of her luggage. They had all of the big stuff shipped out to New York earlier in the week. All she really needed to bring now was her clothes and necessities.

They were now sitting in the terminal waiting for her flight to be called. The first time it was called they all stood up, Jeff gave Liz a hug first.

“Call as soon as you land, okay?” He said to her as he let go of the hug and looked her in the eye.

“I promise, daddy.” She said to him with a tearful smile.

She then went over to her mother who was on the verge of crying. As soon as Liz hugged her, the dam broke and Nancy’s tears poured out of her eyes. “I’m going to miss you so much Lizzie. Be careful honey.”

“I will Mom. Don’t worry.” She looked at her mother, “I’ll see you for Thanksgiving okay? It’s not too far away.” She said as she tried to make her mother feel better. Nancy just nodded and hugged Liz one last time.

They heard another boarding announcement for her flight. Liz turned to Max and ran to his arms. Both of them were in tears now.

“It will be okay. I’ll be out there next week and I’ll come up to see you that weekend,” Max told her.

“Promise?” She asked him hopeful. She needed confirmation that they would see each other soon.

“I swear baby,” he said kissing her temple. “I love you Liz.” He whispered softly, so that only she could hear.

She pulled back with a look of shock on her face. “What did you just say?”

Max framed her face with his hands and smiled as he told her again, “I love you.”

Liz couldn’t help the bright smile that graced her face. Tears of happiness cascaded down her flawless cheeks. “I love you too, Max.” She professed in a whisper. They then kissed each other as if they would be separated for years.

The final boarding call announcement was made and Liz just looked at Max. “How am I supposed to get on that plane now?”

Max just laughed at her and ran his fingers through her hair. “Because you know that I’ll be there in a week to tell you face to face how I feel about you again.” She smiled, grabbed his face, and kissed him one more time before picking up her things and boarding the plane.

April 2005

Liz had the weekend off from dancing so she took a train down to Rutgers to visit Max. They were lying on his bed together, watching television, and enjoying each other’s company.

“I found out when my huge recital is,” Liz said to him as she stared at the television.

Max looked down at her with a look of excitement on his face, “Yeah? When is it?”

“May eighteenth.” She lifted her head off his chest and looked at him. “You’re gonna come to it right?”

“You know it. I haven’t missed one yet have I?” He asked as he kissed her cheek gently.

Liz giggled. “No, you haven’t and I love you for it.”

“You love me for more than that.” He said to her as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

She playfully slapped his arm. “Shut up,” she said and stuck her tongue out at him. Max returned the gesture then and the two of them started laughing. Liz then turned serious.

“Max, this recital is huge for me this year. There are going to be people there scouting for fresh talent for a lot of different things. Like music videos, Broadway…” She looked down then, sadly, “What if I don’t get picked?”

Max saw her quick mood change and immediately grew concerned. He lifted her chin up with his finger and looked into her eyes. “Hey, you are going to do great. Just perform like you always do and I guarantee you’ll get picked. Baby, you’re such an amazing dancer, those idiot scouts would be stupid not to choose you.”

She stared at him, tears forming in her eyes. “Thank you,” she sniffled then and blinked back her tears. “God, I’m such a drama queen. Look at me, crying over such a stupid thing.” She laughed at herself.

He kissed her on the lips and held her close. “You’re not a drama queen…you’re just nervous because it’s not stupid at all Liz. It’s a big deal, and if you don’t get picked this year, there’s always next year. So don’t worry okay?”

She kissed him again then laid back down on his chest. “How did I get so lucky to find you?”

“I don’t know baby, but I ask myself the same thing about you everyday. I love you so much,” he said as he played with her hair.

“I love you too.” She felt a lot better about it all and a smile was now playing at her lips.

Max’s cell phone then began to ring. He got off his bed and walked over to his desk to check the caller ID. It was his coach, so he knew he had to answer it. “Hello?” he said as he walked back over to sit on his bed.

“Evans! You better be in a ditch somewhere cause I know you wouldn’t purposely be late for practice!” Max cringed as he heard his head coach, Bo Champney, yelling at him.

“Coach when was there a practice scheduled for today? It’s not on the calendar.” He said calmly to his coach. Liz sat up and looked at him with a worried look on her face. Max shook his head and took her hand in his and squeezed it letting her know everything was okay.

“I sent an e-mail out to the whole team didn’t you get it?”

Max let out a large sigh. “No my computer crashed a few days ago, I’m waiting for a new one. And apparently no one cares enough to call me to let me know.”

“Fine. Well get here right now. We have a big game coming up and I need you at practice.” He squeezed Liz’s hand again.

“Okay Coach…I’ll be right there.” Liz was immediately disappointed, but knew it was baseball season and that’s what Max had to focus on.

“You better….and Max, this is your only strike.” Max let out another sigh.

“Thanks Coach.” He said before he hit the end button on his phone and closed it. He then turned and looked at Liz. “I’m so sorry baby.”

Liz kissed his cheek. “It’s fine, I understand. I’ll just go to the train station and head back. I should probably practice myself.” She said standing up grabbing her things.

Max put his arms around her waist from behind and placed a kiss on her shoulder. “I wish you could stay until tomorrow.”

Liz lifted her right hand to reach behind his neck. “I know, me too. But I really should get back.” She then turned around in his arms and wrapped both her arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss. “I love you and I will see you soon.”

Max smiled and held her tighter. “I love you too.” He kissed her again. “Let me just get changed and we can walk out together okay?”

Liz pretended to think about that. “Fine! If I have to watch you undress I guess I will.” She said sarcastically and hopped up to sit on his desk licking her lips in the process.

Two can play at this game, Max thought to himself. He slowly started unbuttoning his shirt and Liz just sat there, her eyes darkening and had the biggest smile on her face. Once his shirt was off he threw it at her and she held it up to her nose.

“Mmm…smells just like you,” she said seductively.

Max smirked and then unbuttoned his jeans and pushed them down his legs. He stepped out of them and wearing only his boxers, walked over to Liz and gave her a quick kiss. Just as he began to walk away, she grabbed his arm and pulled him into another kiss. She ran her hands over the ripples in his abs and began to stick her hands in his boxers when he stopped her.

“Uh, uh, uh. If you start I won’t be able to stop and I need to get to practice.” He couldn’t help but laugh when he saw her cross her arms and pout. He thought she looked like the cutest thing in the world.

He managed to walk away and over to his closet to put on his practice uniform and grab his baseball bag. “You ready to go beautiful?” He said holding out his hand.

Liz reluctantly got off his desk and accepted his hand. “I guess.” She said sadly.

Max laughed at her attitude and just kissed her temple before walking her outside and saying goodbye to her.

A week later Max got his baseball schedule for May and looked at what it said on the eighteenth…Championship Game. Max didn’t know what he was going to do. He slumped on his bed and pulled out his phone to call Liz.

Hey babe,” she answered cheerfully.

“Hey,” he tried to say in the fakest happy voice he could, although it didn’t fool Liz. She immediately grew concerned.

“What’s wrong?” He ran his hand down his face in frustration.

“When’s your recital again?”

Liz was sitting in her common room so she got up and went into her room so she could be alone. “The eighteenth…why?”

Max let out a sigh. “That’s what I thought. Liz…”

“You can’t come can you?” She said trying to bite back the tears forming.

“Baby, you know I’d be there in a heartbeat if I could, but I just got my May schedule and that’s the day of our championship game.” He felt like crying. He knew she’d be upset and he hated making her upset. When she didn’t say anything he became scared.

“Liz?”

“Yeah I’m here,” she sniffled and he immediately knew she was crying.

“Baby, please don’t cry. You know I hate it when you cry.” He stood up and started pacing around his room.

“I know. I’m sorry. It’s just…you’ve never missed one.” She was now lying on her bed in tears.

“And you’ve never missed a Championship game either.” He reminded her.

“You’re right.” There was a silence. “Oh God! Max, this is so horrible. What are we gonna do?”

“I don’t know. It doesn’t look like we can do anything.” He stopped pacing and took a seat at his desk chair. After a long silence, Max spoke up, “Liz, you know how much I love you right?”

Yeah. I know.”

“And you know that if there was anything I could do to see you dance I’d do it right?”

She sobbed, trying to hold it back but she couldn’t. “Uh huh.”

“Liz…” He didn’t know what to say to make her feel better but he couldn’t stand listening to her crying, and not being able to do anything.

No, Max it’s okay. I’m gonna go though. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Liz, I don’t want to leave you crying.” Both his elbows were resting on his desk and he had his face in his hand, cradling the phone with his shoulder.

Max, don’t worry. I’ll be fine. I’ll call you later.” Liz tried to reassure him.

“Okay.” He leaned back in his chair. There was another long pause of silence. Neither really wanted to hang up. “I love you baby.”

I know me too…Bye Max.” She hung up before he even got to say goodbye.

Max sat at his desk for a while in silence, the sound of her crying constantly replaying in his mind. He knew he had to do something but he couldn’t think of what. He got up turned his CD player on and walked over to his bed. He needed to take a nap.

Maybe if he slept long enough, an idea of what to do for Liz would come to him in a dream, or so he hoped.

TBC…
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the great feedback you guys are awesome!

dreamer destiny
linliz68
RASaero611
Lizza
anonymousarfan
behrluv32
roswell3053
Roswell 10/2/00
POM
Alien614
FSUMSW94
Erina258
begonia9508
martine
cocopucks
BehrObsession
- I have a plan for them don't worry :wink:
txndreamer06
youre my dreamgirl
hazz
behrluv32
vampyrax
abbs007

and one last HUGE thank you to my beta Tanya...you're awesome *twinket* :D

Chapter 5

An insistent pounding awoke Max from his nap. He rolled off the bed to and staggered to the door. He swung it open to find his roommate’s girlfriend, Pam.

“Hi Max. Is it okay if I use your television? There’s a Felicity marathon on and mine’s broken,” she asked as she barged into the room making herself at home.

“Apparently,” Max mumbled as he closed his door. “Uh…Sean’s in class but he should be back soon.” He told her as he took a seat in front of his computer.

“I know, but Felicity is more important right now. It’s my favorite episode,” Pam stated as she stared at the television.

“Wanna watch?” she asked him as she tore her eyes from the screen observe him.

Max half listened as he checked to see if Liz was online. Unfortunately, her away message was up, so he decided to lie back down on his bed.

“I might as well. I have nothing else to do.” Max plopped down onto his bed and fixed his eyes onto the screen. After a few minutes of watching the episode, he was pretty confused so he asked Pam what was going on.

“Well, Felicity went back in time to see what her life would have been like if she chose Noel instead of Ben, but right now Noel is mad at her…” She trailed off when she realized her favorite part was on. “Ooh! This is my favorite part!” She said waving her hands in the air in excitement while Max just looked at her and laughed.

He looked back at the screen and observed what was happening. Felicity was lying on her bed practically in tears as she talked to Noel on the phone. All of a sudden, she heard a knock on her door so she told him to hold on a second. Felicity walked over to her door and opened it. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw Noel standing in front of her with a cell phone attached to his ear. “I’m on hold,” he said to her pointing to his cell phone. He walked into her apartment and took her in his arms and kissed her senseless.

“Oh my God! I love that part. Don’t you just wanna grab Noel and kiss him? He’s so cute!” Pam said after the episode ended as she made her way into the bathroom.

Max sat on his bed, thinking more about what transpired on the show. That was the inspiration he needed. He needed to go to Liz and surprise her like that. He immediately got off his bed and screamed to Pam that he was going out and to tell Sean that he’d be back late if he came back tonight at all.

He ran outside and hailed a cab to take him to the train station. It was really convenient that the train station was right across the street from one section of the Rutgers campus. The cab ride was about five or ten minutes long, so he paid the cabby and ran inside to buy his tickets. He didn’t even bother using the escalator he just wanted to get to Liz as fast as he could.

He ran up all of the stairs and up to the ticket booth. “One ticket to New York Penn Station please,” Max said panting for air as he told the woman behind the ticket counter what he needed.

She smiled at him and said, “Sixteen dollars please.”

Max threw her a twenty, then grabbed his tickets and his change, and walked outside and sat on a bench to wait for the train. He didn’t have to wait long because before he knew it he heard the whistling of the train. He quickly stood up as a group of people all patiently waited for the train to come their way.

As soon as he took his seat he sighed and threw his head back. His mind was racing with thoughts on how to make Liz feel better. It was a Saturday night so he was hoping that she’d be in her room. If not, he’d wait outside her door until she got there.

An hour later, he arrived at Penn Station. He made his way outside and hailed a cab right outside of Madison Square Garden.

“Where to?” The cabby asked him.

“Julliard.” Max said as he stared out the window watching the glowing lights of New York City pass him by. He always wanted to live in a city like this, where something was always going on. Where no matter what corner you turn there was always excitement.

“So you go to Julliard?” The cabby asked him while he looked in his rearview mirror to regard Max.

Max turned his head and looked at him. “No, my girlfriend does. She’s a dancer.”

The cabby just nodded. “Must be a damn good dancer if she goes there.”

Max smiled at that notion and nodded. “Yeah, she’s amazing. I love watching her.”

“How long you been dating?” he asked as he turned a corner.

“Almost three years.”

When they got to a red light the cabby turned to look at him. “Wow. You must love her. Don’t let her go man.”

Max laughed at that. “Thanks for the advice.”

The rest of the cab ride was taken in silence. That is until they reached the school. “Here we are,” the cabby announced.

Max stepped out of the cab and leaned into the window to pay the cabby. “Thanks a lot.”

“No problem.” He smiled, “Have fun with your girl.” He laughed and Max just smiled as he drove away.

Max entered Liz’s dorm building and was grateful that someone was exiting as he was entering so he wouldn’t need someone to open the locked door for him. Liz’s suite was on the third floor so he took the elevator up there as he dialed her number.

“Hello?” she screamed into the phone. It sounded like she was at a party. He could hear screaming and music in the background.

“Hey baby. Where are you?”

Liz walked into her room so it would be quieter. “I’m in my room. We’re having a party.” She said, and then she saw her roommate in bed with her boyfriend and quickly covered her eyes and walked out. “Oh my God! Ew!” She said as she walked through her suite.

“What’s wrong?” he asked concerned standing outside of her door.

“I just walked in on Sara and her boyfriend having sex,” she explained and Max laughed.

“Hold on, let me go out in the hall so I can hear you.”

Liz walked to the door and opened it to step outside, but was overcome with shock as she saw Max standing there in front of her.

"Surprise," he announced softly with a lopsided grin on his face

Liz started to cry, dropped her phone, and ran into his arms. They stayed like that for some time. Max just brushed his fingers through her hair as she cried in his arms.

“Do you wanna go for a walk?” he asked her and she nodded. They linked hands and left to take a walk around the city.

“Max, I’m so sorry I overreacted like that.” She said as they stopped at a crosswalk.

“No Liz, you had every right to be angry. This is the first performance of yours that I’m gonna miss and it’s the first championship of mine that you’re gonna miss. How am I going to do well without my number one fan cheering me on?” He quipped lightly as they crossed the street.

Liz laughed at him, and then sighed, “I hate this whole situation.”

Max squeezed her hand, “I know you do sweetie, and I do too.” He said as he kissed the top of her head. “I love you and you know I’ll be there in spirit. I’ll be thinking of you throughout the whole game.”

That got a smile out of Liz. “I know. I love you too.”

They walked around the city for another hour before deciding to head back. “I hope Sara and her boyfriend are done in there, because now it’s my turn.” Liz said looking up at him with a devilish grin on her face.

“Mmm. Me too.” Max said as he kissed her lips softly. Liz tried to deepen it, but he pulled away which caused her to pout. “Let’s save that for your room,” he said as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

“C’mon, what are we waiting for?” She said taking his arm and dragging him into the building.

They made it upstairs and entered the suite to find that the party was still going strong. Liz walked past everyone and walked into her room. Her and Max fell on her bed and started making out when they looked over and found Sara and her boyfriend asleep in bed.

“Damn, they had to go ruin our fun.” Liz said disappointedly.

Max shifted off her and laid down next to her, while Liz put her head on his chest. He ran his fingers up and down her arm and told her it was okay. “Don’t worry babe. We’ll get back at them.” He said and kissed the top of her head.

“And just how do you plan on doing that?” she asked looking up at him.

Max smiled down at her with an impish grin, “Wouldn’t you like to know?” he asked then kissed tip of her nose.

Liz smiled then put her head back on Max’s chest and snuggled into his arms. It didn’t take long for them to drift off to sleep.

Max left early the next morning since he had practice but promised Liz they would see each other again soon. And so with a long kiss goodbye, Max got into a cab and headed for Penn Station headed back home.

A few weeks went by and Max and Liz were still upset about the whole situation but were grateful that they sorted everything out.

It was finally May eighteenth and as Liz was in her dressing room getting changed she heard her phone begin to ring. She looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Max. She picked up the phone and smiled.

“Hey babe.” She sat down and got comfortable in her chair.

“Hey. How’s my beautiful dancer?” He asked seductively.

Liz chuckled. “I’m okay.” She shrugged even though she knew he couldn’t see her.

“Liz…” Max sighed.

Tears started to form in her eyes. “No Max, it’s okay. I know we’ve been through this, but it just sucks.” She sniffled.

“Baby, don’t cry. I didn’t call you to make you upset. I know it sucks, but I just wanted to wish you good luck.”

“I know. I’m sorry. I really wish I could be there Max.” She said as she wiped her tears away trying not to smear her makeup.

“I know but let’s not dwell on it, okay? You just go out there and show those scouts that you’re the best dancer in all of Julliard.”

Liz laughed through her tears. “God, I love you so much.”

Max smiled at that. “Yeah me too. Call me when you’re done so I know how it went okay?”

“Okay. Bye Max.”

“Bye Baby. I love you.”

“I love you too.” Liz said right before she hit the end button on her phone.

She put her phone on her dressing table and looked at herself in the mirror. Her makeup was a little runny from crying so she fixed it up just in time to go on stage.

Her first performance was a hip-hop number, so her hair was pulled back into a tight bun and she had a crazy hairpiece surrounding it. Her eye makeup consisted of many dark colors causing a smoky effect, and her costume was very simple. She wore black pants with one leg rolled up to just below her knee, and a neon green tank top. She had her jazz sneakers on and went on stage to do what she loved to do…dance.

She finished the dance and had done it perfectly. She went out there, had fun, and pretended as if no one else was in the room.

When she went back into her dressing room to change into her next outfit, she found two dozen white roses on her dressing table. She looked at the card, and saw it was from Max.

Break a leg today, Babe. I love you so much and I know that even though we can’t be together today, that you will do great.

Love, Max.

Liz looked at the flowers and then to her costume. She thought about what Max had said to her, that there was still next year if the scouts didn’t pick her up this year. She immediately knew what she had to do. She ran up to Sara and asked her to fill in for her in the next two dances.

Sara was so confused. “What? Why?” She asked Liz.

“Please Sara, you don’t understand, I have to see Max.” Liz pleaded with her as they stood in the dressing room.

“Liz, are you sure you want to do this?” Sara asked her.

“Yes. Please, if anyone asks tell them I got sick and was throwing up so I couldn’t perform the next two dances.” Liz thought up quickly.

“Okay Liz, if that’s what you really want.”

“It is. Thanks Sara.” She said as she hugged her. “I owe you big time.”

Liz ran to her room, grabbed her Rutgers jersey, and ran to Penn Station to catch a train down to Max.

The announcers voice could be heard over the loudspeaker, “Next at bat for the Scarlet Knights number thirteen, Max Evans.” The crowd went crazy as Max stepped up to bat. There was a runner on second and the game was tied at three in the bottom of the eighth inning. The pitcher from Penn State threw a perfect curve ball into the strike zone, but Max did not swing.

“STRIKE!” The umpire shouted as he turned towards his right and pointed a finger out.

Max stepped away from the plate and fixed his gloves. He then stepped back into the batting box, swung that bat around a little then got into his batting stance. The pitcher threw the same curve ball again, but this time Max was ready for it. He swung his bat and it connected with the ball causing it to fly into right field. The right fielder couldn’t get to the ball in time as it bounced on the warning track and up against the wall. The player at second base easily made it home and Max ran as fast as he could and slid head first into third base just as the ball was being thrown to the third baseman.

“SAFE!” The third base umpire called, moving his arms in an outward slicing motion.

The crowd started screaming and Max got up off the ground and stood on third base. He had a huge smile on his face; the score was now four to three with one inning to go.

Liz finally arrived at the New Brunswick train station and hurried out to hail a cab to take her to the baseball field. When she got out of the cab, she ran into the stadium still wearing her costume, but with Max’s jersey thrown over it. She saw him on the third baseline leading off the base ready to run home as soon as the player at bat hit the ball.

Apparently, the pitcher saw him as well and threw to third base trying to get Max out. Max was quick on his feet and slid into third before the third baseman could tag him out.

Unfortunately, Max was stranded at third base because the next two hitters got out. He went into the dugout and threw his helmet in frustration as he sat down on the bench. He picked up his catchers gear and quickly put it on before going back out on the field for the last inning of the game.

Liz looked on as Max squatted down behind the plate and waited for the ball to fit into his glove. The first player up at bat was struck out by the Scarlet Knights’ great closing pitcher. The second player hit the ball far back and bounced on the ground before going over the wall. Ground rule double.

There was now one out and a runner on second. The next batter stepped up to the plate and got a single, causing the runner on second to advance to third.

Max could hear the announcer in the background. “Runners on the corners with one man down. Can the Scarlet Knights save their lead and win the championship?”

Max looked nervously at the next player at bat. He knew that this batter would pretty much make or break this game. Max was excited when the batter decided to bunt. Max picked up the ball and immediately threw it to first base. The runner on third hadn’t planned on running but when he saw Max threw to first he decided to go for it. The first baseman saw this and threw the ball back to Max.

Liz was standing up now in anticipation of what would happen. She had her hands on top of her head in anxiousness.

Max caught the ball from the first baseman and quickly blocked the plate as the runner at third tried to slide around him. Max dove on the ground tagging the runner just as the runner’s hand brushed past the plate.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as they awaited the umpire’s call.

“YOU’RE OUT!” He called and Max jumped up, ripped off his catcher’s mask, and threw it to the ground. The entire Rutgers team stormed onto the field in excitement.

Liz started screaming and jumping up and down as well. She looked at Max with a proud smile on her face.

Just then, he saw her. He couldn’t believe his eyes. He ran into the stands and hopped over the short wall towards her. Huge smiles were on both of their faces. They ran into each other’s arms. “Congratulations. You did amazing Max!” Liz said to him. He then let go of their embrace and framed her face in his hands.

“Liz…what are you doing here?” He asked. Confusion and happiness were evident in his features.

She then grabbed his face as well. “I got your flowers and realized where I needed to be…with you.”

“But what about…” he trailed off looking into her eyes.

“It’s like you told me…I’ll always have next year.” She smiled at him.

“But Liz…” He started but she stopped him with a kiss.

“No Max. This is where I belong today.” Max just smiled and leaned in to kiss her again when someone interrupted them.

“Excuse me Mr. Evans?” A man stepped up from behind them. “I’m sorry to interrupt but can I speak with you for a moment?”

Max looked at Liz then looked at the man and nodded. “Sure.” He told the man as he shoved his hands in his pockets and walked away from Liz.

Liz sat down on the seat next to where her and Max just were and looked on wondering who the man was and what he wanted with Max.

“Mr. Evans, my name is Rich Hinell. I’m a scout for the New York Mets.” The man stuck his hand out for Max to shake. Max froze and his jaw dropped open. After a few seconds he broke of his stupor and shook Mr. Hinell’s hand.

“Wow. It’s a pleasure to meet you sir.” Max said in awe.

Rich just laughed. “Likewise, Max. That was some play you made today, and that triple was amazing.”

Max looked down in embarrassment, “Thank you sir, that means a lot.”

“Max, how would you like to join the Mets for the 2006 season?” Max looked up at the man in complete shock.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, as you probably know we are losing one of our best players at the end of this season and we have been looking for a young catcher to take his place.” Rich told him as he handed Max his card. “I’d love for you to join our triple A team once you’ve finished this year of school. And then join us for spring training in Florida in March.”

“I’d love that too.” Max said as a grin appeared on his face from ear to ear. “Thank you sir.” He said as he shook Rich’s hand once more.

“No Max, thank you” They both smiled as Max stared down at the card. “Give me a call sometime this week and we’ll talk details.”

“Okay I will.” Max looked up at him as he walked away. Max looked over his shoulder at Liz and she stood up and walked over to him.

“What happened? Who was that?” Liz asked as she nervously looked at her boyfriend.

“That was a scout from the Mets…he wants me to join the team next season.” Max told her with a sparkle in his eyes.

“Oh my God Max! That’s amazing. Congratulations!” She squealed as she jumped into his arms.

“Can you believe it Liz? I’m gonna be in the majors.” He breathed out into her hair. He was close to tears, unable to believe that his dreams were coming true.

“I know baby. I’m so proud of you.” She said as she hugged him tighter.

The two of them stood there in the middle of the stadium hugging, for the wonderful future Max had ahead of him. Liz was so happy she was able to be there, at Max’s most memorable college baseball game. However, she couldn’t help but think what would have happened to her if she hadn’t left her performance.

TBC…

next Thursday!
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

I'm back! :D Sorry it took so long. This is just a post and run cuz I'm off to see RENT for the third time then I'm off to work til midnight. But thank you sooooooooooo much to all the feedbacker....you guys are the best. and I really appreciate all the bumps I get....it makes me happy to know you guys like the story enough to bump it haha.

and a huge thank you to my twinket for being the best beta :D

ok here's the next chapter....enjoy!

Chapter 6

After the excitement calmed down, Max and Liz walked hand in hand to his room.

“I can’t believe you left to come here. How did you get out of it?” He asked her shaking his head in disbelief

“I told Sara to tell them that I got sick after the hip hop dance.” She laughed as she looked up at him. Her laughter quickly dwindled away when she saw Max’s somber expression. “What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy I’m here?” She asked him.

Max stopped walking and turned towards Liz grabbing both of her hands in his. “Liz, I’m so happy you’re here. But your performance today was so important. I can’t help but feel guilty that you could have gotten such a great opportunity but you gave it up for me.” A tear started to fall down Liz’s cheek as she heard this and Max cupped his hand on her cheek wiping the tear away with his thumb. “You’ve thought about that too haven’t you?” He asked her looking into her eyes.

Liz didn’t say anything, she just looked at him and he knew as another tear fell down her cheek.

“Come here,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly.

“I’m so happy I was here for you though.” She cried into his chest.

He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back. “I know baby, me too. I just wish there was something I could do to make you feel better.”

Liz pulled back to look up at him. “Max, I was here with you on one of the most important days of your baseball career. I think I would have regretted it more if I wasn’t here.”

Max didn’t know what to say to that, so he lowered his head and kissed her softly. “I love you so much.” He told her kissing her again.

“I love you too, Max.” She smiled up at him.

Max let go of their embrace and took her hand in his, squeezed it, and said, “Come on. Let’s go.”

They began walking again and Max looked down at her, “Ya know, you look really sexy in that little outfit.” He smirked.

Liz elbowed him and began to laugh. “Shut up,” she said and stuck her tongue out at him.

He just laughed and put his arm around her holding her tight. Liz looked up at him and smiled. She was so proud of him and she felt so lucky to be loved by him.

That week both Max and Liz were able to go back to Roswell for the summer. Once Max was settled back into his house, he got out the business card that the scout gave him at the game, and called him so excited for his future in baseball. However, when Max got off the phone with him his smile faded.

How the hell am I going to tell Liz? Was all that was going through his mind right then. He knew he had to tell her right away, but she was at work. So he decided to call her and let her know of his plans for the night.

“Roswell Academy of Dance, this is Liz how can I help you?” Max couldn’t help but smile when he heard her voice.

“Hey baby,” he said trying to sound as if nothing was wrong.

“Hi! What’s up?” She asked him excitedly as she cradled the phone in between her shoulder and ear so she could still work.

“Nothing much. Listen babe, how would you feel about me taking you out tonight at around eight o’clock?” He asked hopeful.

“I’d feel perfectly fine with that” She responded laughing.

“Great! Cuz there’s something I need to talk to you about.”

“Oh?” She said as she stopped what she was doing and took the phone back in her hand. “Is it bad?” she questioned softly.

“We’ll talk later okay babe? Right now you just work and think about what you’re going to wear on our date tonight.” He said smiling while he thought of what she’d look like on their date.

“Okay,” she said sadly trying to figure out what was going on. “I love you.”

“I love you too Liz. I’ll see you tonight.” Max told her as he walked into his kitchen to find something to eat.

“Okay. Bye Max.”

“Bye.” He said before he pressed the end button on the portable phone and threw it on the counter. He grabbed an apple and sat at the table with his head in his hands.

“How’s Liz?” He looked up to find his mother standing at the counter starting dinner.

“She’s good.” He said as he took a bite out of his apple.

Diane just nodded as she was trying to figure out what was wrong. “Did you guys get into a fight?”

Max swallowed a piece of apple before responding. “No, why would you think that?”

She turned to face him with one hand on her hip while her other hand rested on the counter. “Oh I don’t know, maybe it’s because you look like you just had your heart ripped out.” Max looked down and took another bite out of his apple. “Honey? What’s wrong?” Diane asked him as she walked towards him and took a seat next to him.

“Nothing,” he said as he got up from his seat. “Liz and I are going out tonight so you don’t have to make me dinner.” He walked towards the stairs and said, “I’m gonna go get ready.”

Diane didn’t even know what to say. She knew something was wrong, but she didn’t want to push him. Max would tell her when he was ready…she hoped.

A couple hours later Max and Liz were at Senor Chows enjoying dinner. She was wearing a knee length burgundy dress, while he was wearing khaki’s and a dress shirt. Max stared at her, he loved looking at her beautiful face.

Liz looked up and caught him staring; she just smiled and asked him, “So what is it that you had to talk to me about?”

He looked at her and simply said, “We’ll talk later…here really isn’t the place.” He then continued to eat his food.

“Max?” she said wearily.

“Hmm?” He looked up at her.

“You’re really scaring me…what is it about?” She asked tears beginning to form in her eyes. She suspected the worst.

Max reached across the table, grabbed her hand, and brought it to his lips. “Everything’s fine Liz. Just enjoy your dinner and I’ll tell you later I promise.”

Dinner couldn’t have gone by fast enough for Liz. She was really starting to get worried about what Max had to tell her. Once Max paid the bill, they both stood up and Max put his hand on the small of her back as he led her out of the restaurant.

Once they were in his car and driving, Max held her hand over the gear stick. They drove in silence for a couple minutes before Liz gently squeezed his hand and said, “Max? Can we please talk about whatever it is you need to tell me now?”

Max looked over at her and saw the desperation in her eyes. He looked in his rearview mirror, and the pulled over to the side of the road. He let go of her hand, ran his hands over his face, and then turned to face her. “I talked to Rich, that scout from the Mets today.” He began slowly.

“Okay…” Liz said with a confused look on her face. “What happened?”

He took a deep breath before continuing. “He wants me to join their triple A team in the minors.”

“Oh my God, Max! This is so great! Now you’ll be in New York with me!” Liz said excitedly, but Max just shook his head, and her excitement quickly faded away. “What’s wrong?”

“Their triple A team is the Norfolk Tides…I have to move to Virginia.” He said not even able to look at her.

“Oh,” she said sadly. “When do you have to go?”

“About a week and a half.” He looked up to see her reaction and as soon as he did he wish he hadn’t. She was fighting back tears; he knew it.

After a couple minutes of silence she looked up at him with a smile on her face. “What if I came with you?”

“Liz, I can’t ask you to do that. You already gave up so much for me; I don’t want you to give up anything else.” He said taking her hand in his again.

“I won’t be. I’ll be with you for the summer and then I’ll move back to New York at the end of August for school.” She looked at Max afraid that he would say no, but she was surprised to see him with a big grin on his face before he framed her face and kissed her.

“How did I find you?” He asked her in awe still holding onto her face.

Liz laughed, “I don’t know, you were just lucky I guess.” She said with a shrug.

He kissed her again and when they broke apart, she noticed he had tears in his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” She asked him worriedly as she stroked his cheek.

“Nothing. I just can’t believe that you would do that to be with me.” He said gazing into her eyes.

“Max Evans there isn’t anything that I wouldn’t do to be with you.” Liz told him smiling.

Max kissed her forehead and grabbed her hand as he went to put the car into gear to continue on home. Before he started driving, he just looked over at her and said, “I love you so much.”

“I love you more.” She said with a big smile on her face.

“Impossible.” He told her seriously before he began to drive off.

Max drove Liz to her house and walked her to her door. “You sure you want to come with me?” Max asked her hesitantly as he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

Liz simply wrapped her hands around his waist and looked into his eyes. “Max Evans I have never been surer. I’ll talk to my parents about it tonight.”

Max wrapped his arms around her waist as well and just nodded at her words. “But what if they won’t let you go?”

“I’m going no matter what they say. I’m twenty-one years old; they can’t tell me what to do anymore.” She laughed.

Max smiled and kissed her lips. “Call me after you’ve talked to them.”

“You got it.” She said giving him a thumbs up and Max couldn’t help but laugh.

He kissed her cheek and said, “Alright I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”

“I love you too,” she replied before kissing him and walking into her house.

When she got in, she dropped her purse off on the steps and walked into the living room where she spotted her parents sitting on the couch together watching television.

“Hey.” She said to them as she plopped down onto their large dish chair that she loved so much. This chair is definitely coming to Virginia with me she thought to herself.

“Hi honey, how’s Max?” Nancy asked taking her eyes off of the television to look at her daughter.

“He’s really good.” Liz nodded, nervous on how to bring up the subject of her moving with Max.

“Well that’s nice to hear.” She said. Bringing her eyes back to the show her and Jeff were watching.

Liz watched the show for a few moments before she got up the courage to tell them. “Mom, Dad?” Her parents didn’t say anything they just looked at her. “Do you think you could turn that off for a second? I have to tell you something.”

Jeff and Nancy looked at each other, fearing what their daughter was about to tell them. Nancy couldn’t help but look at Liz’s hand seeing if there was a ring on her finger, which didn’t go unnoticed by Liz.

“Don’t worry, Max didn’t propose.” She half-laughed at the thought of her parents thinking that. “Actually, some scouts from the Mets want him to join their triple A team and hopefully bring him up to the Mets next season.”

“Wow!” Jeff said in shock. “He must be some ball player.”

Liz couldn’t help the smile that appeared on her face. “Yeah, he’s amazing. They um…they want him to start next week, which means he’ll have to move to Virginia since that’s where his team is…” she paused to look at her parents expressions which seemed pretty blank at the moment. “And I’m going with him.” She looked into their eyes prepared for the yelling that was about to take place.

Nancy took a deep breath, not wanting to take things out of control right away. “What are you doing about school?”

“Oh don’t worry about that! I’ll be with Max in Virginia until the end of August when I have to go back.” She told them hugging her knees on the chair.

“And work?” Jeff asked her.

“Robyn doesn’t really need me. She just keeps me there cause she knows how much I love it. She has plenty of other people that work there; besides the summer isn’t very busy anyway.”

Jeff and Nancy looked at each other again silently communicating what they thought they should do. “I don’t know Liz,” Nancy began. “I mean, moving across the country for a boy? Why can’t you guys just deal with the long distance? You’ll have to do it when you go back to school anyway.”

“Yeah, you and Max seem to be getting extremely serious Lizzie, I don’t know if I like the thought of you living together.” Jeff added.

Liz got annoyed and stood up from her chair. “Okay, first of all I’d like to think that after being with someone for three years that we would be serious Daddy. And secondly, why should we have to deal with being apart over the summer when it’s not necessary?” No one said anything; they all just stared at each other, and Liz crossed her arms. “I’m not asking for your permission, I’m twenty-one years old and if I want to move across the country to be with my boyfriend, then I’m gonna do it.” She told them as she stormed up the steps and into her room. She could hear them screaming after her but she ignored them and crawled into bed to call Max.

Max was telling his parents his news when he heard the special ring-tone for Liz go off and immediately ran to his phone.

“Hey,” he said as he walked into his room and sat at his desk.

“Hi,” she said sadly, trying not to cry.

“What happened?” He asked her concerned.

“They weren’t too thrilled with the idea.” She told him. “But don’t worry Max, I’m going, and I made it clear to them that they won’t be able to stop me.”

“I’m so sorry Liz. You know I hate putting you in positions like this.” He leaned forward so his elbows were resting on his knees.

“I know, and it’s not your fault Max. I love you, and I don’t want to be apart if we don’t have to be.”

“I love you too.” There was a moment of comfortable silence between them. “Do you want me to come over?” He asked her.

“Yeah, I’d really like that.” She confessed as she snuggled under her covers more.

“Okay baby, I’ll be right there.” He told her and got up from his chair, grabbed his keys and walked out of his room.

“Thanks Max. I love you.”

“Love you too baby. Bye.”

Max shut his phone and walked over to his parents. “Liz isn’t in a very good mood so I’m gonna go over there for a little while.” He said as he kissed his mother on the cheek.

“Okay Max, give her a hug for me.” Diane told him.

Max smiled at his mother and told her he would before he walked out the door and headed over to Liz’s.

When he got there, he saw that she had already thrown down their portable ladder for him to climb. He climbed up it and hopped through her window.

Liz immediately got up as soon as she saw him and ran to his arms. Max held her for what seemed like hours rubbing one hand up and down her back, while the other one was stroking her hair.

“Shh. It’s okay baby, I’m here. Everything will be fine. We’re together, that’s all that matters.” He whispered into her ear.

Liz nodded against his chest and looked up at him. “I’m sorry. I don’t know why I let them get to me.” She admitted.

Max leaned down for a soft kiss. “You have no reason to be sorry.”

She smiled at him before she let go of his embrace and took his hand to lead him to her bed. They laid there for a while on top of the covers. Max was on his back with his arms protectively around her, while Liz placed her head on his chest and curled into his side with her arm draped over his stomach.

Max could tell that she was beginning to calm down and fall asleep.

“Please don’t leave me Max.” She whispered up to him.

Max’s heart broke at her statement. He kissed the top of her head and replied, “Never.”

With that, they both fell asleep, and that’s how Liz’s parents found them the next morning.

TBC…
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Hey everyone! I'm back! haha. Thanks for waiting. I'm sorry it's taken me so long. The end of the semester at school was really stressful. And as much as I like to think I'm Liz Parker...we just don't have the same brain when it comes to Science hahaha.

Anyway...I have to give a big thank you to my *twinket* for being a wonderful beta. She squeezes me into her busy life and I appreciate it so much. Thanks hun!

and to you guys! I'm really glad you're all concerned about Liz..but don't worry I have a plan haha.

Erina
RASaero611
begonia9508
Roswell 10/2/00
-:sigh: David Wright is a cutie. Don't worry he's coming soon! haha ps there's new pics of him up at davidwrightfoundation.com he has a beard now i don't know how I feel about it. AND i think he's dating figure skater Sarah Hughes :cry:
lazza
BehrObsession
ForeverADreamer
dreamer destiny
--Thanks! :)
roswell3053
martine
Jason's Lover
youre my dreamgirl
--no trouble in this part so no worries :)
anonymousarfan

Chapter 7

The next morning Liz’s parents went to her room to see if she was okay. To say that they were shocked when they walked in to find her and Max cuddled up together in her bed would be an understatement.

“Elizabeth Parker!” Nancy yelled.

Max and Liz immediately woke up and scurried off the bed when they heard her mother yell.

“We didn’t do anything. I swear,” Liz said in quick defense.

Both Jeff and Nancy glared at her, then Nancy looked to Max, “Max you should probably head home. I’m sure you’re parents are wondering where you are.”

Max nodded then looked to Liz. “I’ll call you later,” he said. And as he walked away he held his right hand up forming his fingers into the sign language meaning of I love you. Liz just smiled at him as he left.

“Liz, would you like to explain to me what the hell we just walked in on?” Her father asked her in a piercing tone.

“We didn’t do anything!” She screamed throwing her arms out. “I came to my room last night upset about our argument so I called him. He came over and we fell asleep. That’s it.” She said more calmly.

“Liz…” Nancy started.

“Don’t.” She stopped her mother by holding her hand up. “I’m not a little girl anymore. You can’t run my life. I’m moving with Max to Virginia next week. You don’t have to like it, but I’m going.” She looked them both in the eye and walked out of her room before she got in her car and drove to Max’s.

During the week before Max and Liz were to move, Liz re-packed up her room, and went to her studio to tell them she wouldn’t be able to work the rest of the summer. They understood and told her it was fine and to enjoy herself.

She didn’t speak to her parents at all either. She spent most of her time with Maria, knowing that she wouldn’t see her again for a long time. The two of them had girl’s nights and sleepovers as often as they could. Liz felt that it was like killing two birds with one stone because she was spending time with her best friend and staying out of her house and away from her parents at the same time.

The morning her and Max were to move, Max drove to Liz’s to pick her up where Maria and Michael were going to meet them to say goodbye.

Liz looked out her window and saw Max pull into her driveway, so she quickly ran down the stairs and out the door the greet him. As soon as he got out of his car, she jumped into his arms and placed kisses all over his face, then hugged him tightly.

Still holding her he said in a sarcastic tone, “So you’re not excited or anything.”

Liz looked at him and laughed. “Babe, I’m so excited it’s not even funny.”

Max laughed and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “Me too baby,” he whispered against her lips before setting her back down on the ground. “Come on, let’s get your stuff in my car.” He took her hand to lead her in the house, but Liz stopped him.

“Uhm Max, before we go in, I just want to warn you that I haven’t spoken to my parents yet, so uhm…” she trailed off when Max interrupted her.

“Liz, I don’t want this to ruin your relationship with your parents. Promise me before we leave you’ll talk to them or at least say goodbye,” he asked with his hands on her shoulders forcing her to look into his eyes.

She didn’t say anything. She simply nodded and allowed Max to take her inside.

Liz’s father was sitting in the living room watching television while her mother was cooking in the kitchen. They both ignored Max and Liz as they made their way upstairs to Liz’s room.

When Max entered Liz’s room, he was shocked at the amount of stuff she had. “Jesus Liz!” he said to her. “It’s a good think my Dad traded in my Jeep for that SUV or we wouldn’t be able to fit shit.” He laughed.

Liz hit his arm. “Oh come on, it’s not that much.” She said looking around her room. “Besides, I need my stuff for school too.”

“Excuses, excuses.” Max said shaking his head as he began to carry Liz’s stuff to his car.

On their third trip down to Max’s car, Michael and Maria finally showed up.

“Well it’s about time.” Max said exhausted from all the trips he was making. “You guys can help us now.”

Michael didn’t hesitate to help, but Maria on the other hand wanted no part in helping. “Uh uh,” she said shaking her head. “I just got my nails done, and I’m not gonna risk messing them up because you guys are too lazy to pack up the car yourselves. You boys go up; I need to have a little chat with my best friend.” She said waving the boys into Liz’s house.

Liz couldn’t help but laugh at her best friend. “What’s up Maria?”

“Um…Liz…I…” She started but tears were beginning to overtake her. She sniffled a couple times before trying again. “I just wanted t-to say that…that I’m gonna really miss you…” She trailed off unable to control her tears.

“Oh Maria,” Liz said as she took her best friend into a big hug. “I love you so much; you’re the best friend I could have ever asked for. We’ll see each other don’t worry.” She said as she rubbed Maria’s back soothingly. “Just think of me leaving for college a little early.” She laughed.

They both pulled back from each other and Liz framed Maria’s face in her hands. “I’ll call you everyday…I promise.”

“Okay,” Maria said as she sniffled again, but this time she had a slight smile on her face. “I love you Lizzie,” she said bringing her friend back for another hug.

“I love you too Maria,” Liz said as tears started to fall down her face.

Max and Michael came outside laughing at something they had been talking about when they saw their girlfriend’s holding each other crying. They didn’t want to break the moment, so they quietly put the rest of the stuff in the car.

Liz looked over and saw them, then looked back at Maria. “You okay?” She asked her as she wiped her own tears.

Maria laughed, “Yeah, it’s just gonna be weird that’s all.” Liz nodded silently agreeing with her.

She then looked over at Max. “All packed?” She asked walking over to him.

“Yeah.” He nodded and put his arm around her. “You ready to go?” He asked and placed a kiss on her temple.

Liz looked up at him. “Almost…I’ll be right back.” She said as she walked inside her house leaving the three of them outside to say goodbye.

“Mom? Dad?” Her parents both looked over at her with no sign of emotion on their faces. “Um…I’m leaving. I just wanted to say goodbye.” She waited for some kind of reaction from them but got nothing. “Look, I know we aren’t on the best of terms right now, but I want you to know that I still love you both so much.” Her parents just nodded but didn’t say anything. Tears were beginning to form in Liz’s eyes. “Okay, well I’m just gonna go then.” She said pointing to the door. “I’ll call you when we get there.” She walked over to both of them and placed a kiss their cheeks. “Bye,” she said and began to walk to the door, tears falling down her cheeks.

“Liz wait!” Her mother screamed to her and ran to the door. Liz turned around and was engulfed in a hug by her mother. “I love you too honey. Please be careful.” Liz just nodded against her mother chest and told her she would.

Nancy pulled away and Jeff came up to his daughter as well. “I love you Lizzie, and I’m gonna miss you so much. If anything happens and you need to come home, don’t hesitate to call.” Liz smiled at her father’s caring words. “Thank you Daddy.” She said and gave him a hug.

With that Liz walked outside, said goodbye to Michael and then Maria again and got into Max’s car and left.

As they drove, Liz looked out her window and tried to hold back her tears. Max could tell and immediately became concerned. He took her hand and squeezed it to get her attention.

“Hey…what’s wrong?” When she didn’t answer he got really worried and pulled over to the side of the road. “Baby you know you don’t have to come if you don’t want to. I won’t be mad.” He said rubbing her hand.

Liz turned to look at him and shook her head. “No Max. I want to come. I want to be wherever you are. I just…I…” She started but couldn’t finish. Max quickly took her into his arms.

“It’s okay baby. It’s okay,” he whispered to her and kissed her head as she sobbed into his chest.

“I’m sorry Max.” She pulled away and looked up at him as she wiped away her tears. “I talked to my parents, and I think they’re okay with it. I just…it was hard.” She admitted looking down.

Max nodded not wanting to push her more. “Why don’t you take a little nap. We have a long drive ahead of us.” He said and she smiled and gave him a kiss.

“Thank you.” She simply said and got comfortable in her seat so she could fall asleep.

With their hands still clasped together, Max took hers into his and kissed it softly before pulling out onto the road again.

They took turns driving and drove all through the night. Taking short rests to eat on the way, and about thirty-three hours later, they arrived in front of the apartment that Rich had gotten for Max.

Max had called Rich when they were almost there so he could meet them there and give them the keys and information on what his schedule would be like.

Max and Liz got out of the car and found Rich waiting for them outside of the building. He walked up to Max and shook his hand. “Good to see you again, Max.”

“You too.” Max said with a big grin on his face. He saw Rich look over to Liz and quickly introduced them. “Oh Rich, this is my girlfriend Liz.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Liz said as she took his outstretched hand to shake.

“Same here.” He smiled at her before turning back to Max. “Okay Max, here is your schedule for the next few months. Once you’re all settled in, you can stop by one of the practices to watch and meet with the manager…he’ll have your uniform and everything you’ll need.” Max just nodded taking everything in. “And here are the keys to the apartment.” He said handing them to Max. “If you have any questions or need anything, don’t hesitate to call.” He said smiling at both of them.

“Thanks a lot.” Max said to him and held his hand out for him to shake. “I really appreciate everything you’ve done.”

“Not a problem Max. Good luck!” Rich said and left the two of them to their new home.

Once Rich was gone, Max squeezed Liz’s hand and held up the keys with his other hand dangling them in front of their faces. “Shall we go inside our new home?” he asked with a sexy grin on his face.

Liz just laughed and grabbed the keys from him and said, “I’ll race you there.” She sprinted off before Max could even respond.

“Hey!” Max yelled and ran after her easily catching up. He grabbed her from behind and picked her up carrying her the rest of the way as she screamed and they both laughed.

When they finally arrived at their door Max turned serious and looked at Liz, still in his arms, and said, “Let me carry you over the threshold.”

Liz smiled at him and leaned her head in to place a soft kiss on his lips. She then handed him the keys and he opened up the door and carried her in.

They walked into a very empty apartment as Max gently let Liz out of his arms and back on her feet. Liz took a quick look around and squealed as she wrapped her arms around Max’s waist. “We have our own place!”

Max laughed as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the top of her head. “Why don’t we go to the car and start bringing some stuff in so it looks more homely.”

Liz lifted her head and kissed him. “Sounds like a plan.” She said and ran out the door to start bringing in her stuff. She couldn’t wait to live with Max for the next few months. She didn’t want to think about how hard it was going to be to go back to New York at the end of the summer, all she wanted to think about was all the amazing times they were going to have together in their new home.
~Kristen~

Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

chapter 8

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Chapter 8

Once Max and Liz brought all of the stuff into their apartment and settled in, Max called the manager of the Norfolk Tides to make an appointment to meet with him to get all of the information he needed. The manager told him to stop by the field the next day at ten thirty in the morning to observe practice and go over everything they needed to.

When he got off the phone, he was greeted with a very excited Liz. “So now Mr. Hot Shot baseball player, what would you like to do our first night here?” She asked him with her arms wrapped loosely around his waist as she peered up at him.

“Well,” Max began as he in turn wrapped his arms around her while gazing into her eyes. “I can think of a few things.” He said with a sexy smirk on his face.

“Oh really? And what would those few things be Mr. Evans?” Liz asked him playfully, enjoying the sound of this.

Max leaned down and placed a kiss on her neck, “Well, we could start with you getting into something a little sexier,” he said beginning to unbutton her blouse. Then placing a kiss on her jaw he continued, “And maybe we can head over to the most expensive restaurant in town where I can show you off,” he suggested while slipping her now open blouse off her body.

“Uh huh…” Liz moaned out as he made his way to her lips. She was enjoying his assault to her body.

“Then maybe we can come back here where I can make sweet love to you all night long and christen every room in this apartment.” He said smiling, right before he attacked her mouth with his. He ran his tongue against her bottom lip requesting to gain entrance, which she granted right away. His hands moved from her back, up to her breasts and gently cupped them.

Liz moaned in delight at the feel of Max’s hands on her. She hadn’t felt that in a long time since it was hard for them to be together while at home. “Mmm, why don’t we skip dinner and go right to the christening?” She asked and Max let out a small chuckle.

He pulled away slightly and framed her face in his hands. “As much as I would love to do that baby, I’m hungry and we have no food.”

Liz rolled her eyes, “Of course you would kill the mood and say that.” She said picking up her discarded shirt and walking away from him.

Max couldn’t help but laugh at how cute she looked. “Baby why don’t you go take a shower and get all pretty for me while I look for a restaurant and make reservations.”

Liz pouted, but then quickly smirked when she thought of an idea. “I bet if you take a shower with me you’ll forget all about being hungry.” She said in a singsong voice.

“Not gonna work babe.” Max said holding back a laugh as he flipped through a phone book.

“Hmph! Fine, see if you get any tonight Evans!” Liz folded her arms over her chest and yelled in an annoyed voice as she turned around and stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door.

“Oh I will, ‘cause you definitely want it sweetness.” He shouted back at her with a sense of cockiness in his voice.

An hour later Max and Liz were both dressed and ready to head out to La Galleria Ristorante; the most popular Italian restaurant in town. When Liz appeared out of the bedroom to an awaiting Max, she walked up to him with a pout on her face. “We really can’t just stay here?”

Max let out a small laugh and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Baby there will be plenty of time for that when we get back, but it’s our first night here and I want to go out and enjoy it.” He looked into her eyes and could tell she wasn’t really mad; she had just had a long day. “And I would like to go out with you,” he added causing her to smile and wrap her arms around him.

“You’re just lucky I love you.” She said and then leaned up and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Max wanted to deepen it, but she pulled away. “Now let’s go before we lose our reservations and you start complaining about how hungry you are again.” She laughed as she grabbed his hand and dragged him out the door.

They both had a very nice time at dinner. The food was a little pricy but it was absolutely delicious. When they arrived back at their apartment Max didn’t hesitate to pull Liz into his arms and kiss her senseless. The kiss deepened rather quickly as Liz began to pull off his jacket and unbutton his dress shirt. They both pulled away to take a breath and leaned their foreheads against each other. They were both breathing heavily and without saying a word Max began to slowly slide down the straps to Liz’s dress. As her dress fell to the floor adding to Max’s shirt and jacket, Max lifted her up into his arms and carried her to their bedroom while taking her lips in his.

“I love you,” Liz said when they entered their bedroom and placed small kisses along his jaw line.

“I love you too,” Max replied while laying her flat on their bed.

Before they knew it, their clothes and shoes were tossed to the floor and Max was on top of Liz. He entered her slowly, their moment of hunger and need gone, and now it was about them showing their love and adoration for each other.

As soon as Max was inside of her, Liz let out a sigh of pleasure. She missed being intimate with Max, and was so happy that now that they lived together, they wouldn’t have to worry about anyone walking in on them anymore. She could scream as loud as she wanted and wouldn’t have to worry if either of their parents had heard.

“Ahh, Max,” she said moaning as each of his thrusts filled her up.

His thrusts became faster, setting a steady rhythm for them. Liz bucked her hips trying to match his thrusts. Her walls were beginning to clamp down on him as she was coming close to her peak.

“So close,” she whispered in ecstasy. She could feel he was almost at his peak as well. “Harder Max.” She screamed in desperation.

“Oh God Liz,” he said thrusting into her a few more time before he felt himself explode inside of her, which is all it took for Liz’s body to shake as she rode out her orgasm. “Liz!” he moaned in satisfaction.

“Uhhh…Max!” She screamed before he collapsed on top of her.

Max rolled off her to lay on his side and gaze at her. “I love you so much,” he said while bringing his hand to her cheek.

Liz leaned into his touch and brought her lips to his. “I love you too…and that was amazing,” she laughed.

“Yeah, it really was. You have enough energy to do it in the rest of the apartment?” he asked her with a look on his face that Liz couldn’t refuse.

“For you, I’ll always have energy,” she said and kissed him one more time before he got out of bed and picked her up to bring her to their next room to christen.

Once they were done, they went back to their bedroom and made love one more time before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, Max woke up early to get ready and quietly got out of bed trying not to wake Liz. He stilled when he saw her stir, but then after a moment walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

Before he left, he wrote a note to Liz and placed it on the bed. He then sat down and leaned over to give her a kiss on her forehead. He saw her stir and open her eyes and he instantly felt bad for waking her.

“Hi,” he said running his fingers through her hair.

“Hey. Where are you going?” She asked him confused.

“I have a meeting with my manager. Go back to sleep, I’ll be back later okay?” he said to her.

“You mean we won’t be together our first morning here?” she pouted.

“I’m sorry baby. I promise I’ll make it up to you.” He said feeling terrible.

“Okay,” she said and closed her eyes to go back to sleep.

Max leaned over again to place a kiss on her cheek. “I love you,” he whispered.

He smiled when he saw her smile at his act of love. “I love you too,” she said never opening her eyes.

Max got up and walked out the door heading for the baseball field. On his way there, he noticed a flower shop on the main street. He looked at the time and noticed he still had a good twenty minutes before he had to be there, so he pulled over and went inside.

“Hi, welcome to Carter’s, can I help you with anything sir?” The young girl behind the counter said.

“Yeah hi, I was wondering if I could order some flowers for delivery.” Max told her walking up the counter.

“Of course, what can I get for you?” she asked him.

“I want two dozen white roses please.” He told her.

“Okay.” She said while pulling out a piece of paper. “Can you just fill this out for me please so we know where to deliver them?”

“Sure.” Max said while filling out the order form. “Should I put what I want it to say on here or should I fill out a card?” he looked up and asked the girl.

“You can put it right on there.” She replied while figuring out the total cost of the delivery. Max handed her his completed form and waited to see how much it was. “Okay and the total comes to one hundred fifty-five dollars.” She said as she looked up at him.

Max knew white roses were expensive, but Liz was worth it. He handed over his credit card and thanked the girl before walking out the door.

About an hour later, another girl came into the store to work and saw the order form. She looked at it curiously then called over the girl who took the order, “Hey Jess, has this order been delivered yet?”

Jess looked at the order and looked up at the girl, “Umm, yeah they were just sent out. Why? ” she asked curious as to why she was so interested in the order.

“Oh umm…no reason. Just wondering.” She shrugged and began to walk away but Jess’ voice stopped her.

“Are you okay Serena?” she asked her.

Serena turned around and saw the look of concern on Jess’ face. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little tired.” She answered and walked away.

Meanwhile…

Max had arrived at the stadium with time to spare. He pulled up, saw the big sign saying “Harbor Park”, and got so excited. He was actually in the minor leagues, he couldn’t believe it.

He walked into the stadium and saw a man walking up to him. “Max Evans?” the man asked him.

“Yeah.” Max answered, holding out his hand to shake.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you Max. I’m Ken Oberkfell, and I’m the general manager of the team.” He said to him.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m really excited to join your team.” Max said enthusiastically.

“Well we’re excited to have you. Why don’t you come with me and I’ll introduce you to some people and you can watch some of the practice.” Ken said leading him towards the field.

“Sounds great.” Max said. As he was walking down the stadium, the excitement in him kept building. When they reached the field, he saw some of the team playing catch with each other, as well as some waiting to practice hitting. He then saw another coach headed his way.

“Max this is Howard Johnson, he is our hitting coach.” Ken introduced him.

Max’s eyes almost bulged out of his head. “Oh my God, you’re HoJo! It’s an honor to meet you sir.” Max said shaking his hand with the biggest grin on his face.

Howard laughed at him and said, “I take it you’re a fan.”

Max lowered his head in embarrassment. “Yeah, sorry.” Max laughed a little.

Howard patted him on the back, “Don’t be sorry son, it’s always a pleasure to meet my fans, especially ones that I’m gonna coach.” He told him and Max instantly felt better.

“Max, why don’t we go into my office and I can give you your uniform and get you all set.” Ken said.

“Okay. See ya later Mr. Johnson.” Max said waving at Howard.

“Bye Max. and you can call me HoJo, I don’t mind.” He laughed.

Max just smiled, and followed Ken to his office.

Liz was sitting in their living room reading a book when she heard the doorbell. She got up to answer it.

“Are you Liz Parker?” the man at the door asked.

“Yep, that’s me.” Liz said excitedly when she saw the roses he held in his hand.

“These are for you.” He told her extending his arm out for her to take the roses.

“Thank you so much,” she said with a smile on her face. “Have a great day.” She told him before he told her to do the same and walked away.

She closed the door and put the roses on the table reading the card.

Baby,
I thought these would look nice in our new place. I love you.
Love,
Max

Liz brought the roses to her nose to smell and couldn’t help the tears of joy from trickling down her face. She fixed them on the table so they looked extra pretty. She sat on the couch for a little while re-reading the note, and looking at the roses, and just thinking about how lucky she was to be able to find Max. However, the ringing of the phone brought her out of her thoughts.

“Hello?....Yes this is she….oh hi how are you….really?....” her eyes lit up listening to what the person on the other end was telling her. “I’d love to….I’m sorry you need me when?...” her spirits dropped right there. “Okay, let me talk this over with my boyfriend and I’ll get back to you very soon is that okay?....Great, thank you very much….bye.” Liz hung up the phone and slouched down on the couch. “What am I gonna do?” she asked herself.

She decided she needed to take a walk, to think about things so she grabbed her keys and went for a walk around the area.

A couple hours later Max left Harbor Park, to head home to Liz. He couldn’t wait to tell her all about everything. He had to go to practice tomorrow and his first game would be the next afternoon. No one would be able to wipe the smile off his face right now if they tried. His career was finally on a tear and he had the woman he loved by his side.

When he got home he was surprised to see Liz gone, but he saw the roses on the table and smiled to himself. He hung up all of his uniforms in his closet and then put his schedule on the refrigerator. He picked up lunch on his way back and just as he was about to sit down and eat it the doorbell rang.

He went over to the door and answered it, but he was not expecting who he saw on the other side.

“Hi Max.” Serena said.

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl1230 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl1230
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl1230 »

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Twinket...I understand how busy you are so no worries at all :)

I'm posting this today because my team has lost the past 2 games and I felt that this might bring them luck and they'll beat San Francisco tonight haha. Enjoy!

Chapter 9

“What are you doing here?” Max asked confused on why Serena was standing in front of him at this moment. “And how the hell do you know where I live?” He asked anger evident in his voice.

“Well that’s a nice welcome after not seeing each other for the past four years.” Serena said sarcastically walking into the apartment.

“I don’t think I asked you to come in.” Max said clearly annoyed with her already.

“Yeah well I wanted to talk to you and I’d rather not have your entire apartment building listen to our conversation.” She said matter of factly turning towards him.

Max hit the door so it would slam shut and turned towards Serena. “Alright, talk. What do you have to say to me?” He said crossing his arms over his chest.

“Why are you being like this?” She asked him trying to reach out and touch him but he moved away.

“Serena, I haven’t spoken to you since we broke up and I hadn’t planned on it. Now here it is almost four years later and you show up at my place, which by the way how did you find it? You are one good stalker let me tell you that. I’ve been here barely twenty four hours.” He yelled at her.

“I ended up going to school at Virginia Tech, which you might have known, I don’t know. Anyway, instead of heading all the way back to Roswell every summer, I live with my Aunt and Uncle who own Carter’s Florist. I help them out by working there since this is a very busy time for them. I went into work today and saw your order.” She quietly said to him. For a while, neither of them said anything, but after a few moments, Serena spoke again. “You’re still dating Liz Parker huh?” She asked seeming disappointed.

“Well not like it’s any of your business but yes I am.” He told her. “So why are you here? Is that what you had to tell me? That you live around here? Oh joy.” Max said sarcastically.

“Max stop it alright!” Serena yelled now annoyed at him. “I came to see how you were. We did date for four and a half years and I still care about you. You know people always say you never forget your first love.” She finished in almost a whisper, looking right into his eyes. She began walking towards him and she put her hand on his arm. “Max you were the best thing to ever happen to me in my life and I completely screwed it up. I was young and I didn’t know any better. You were the only person I had ever been with I just…” Serena couldn’t finish because tears were beginning to build up in her eyes.

Max could see this and tentatively wrapped his arms around her. “Serena, I loved you so much, we had a lot of great times together, but honestly you cheating on me ended up being the best thing for me. If you hadn’t, you and I probably would have been married and divorced by now.” Max paused and pulled away looking her in the eye. “But because you did, it brought me to Liz, and for that I’m forever grateful for you for. Because she is the best thing that ever happened to me. You Serena, you showed me how to love someone, but she shows me what it’s like to be loved back.”

When Max finished, tears were freely falling down her face. He brought his hands up to her face and wiped the tears away with this thumbs. Being like this with her became second nature to him because he had done it so many times, but for some reason it just didn’t feel as right as it did with Liz. “She really makes you happy huh?” She asked him a smile playing at her lips.

“Yeah,” he said smiling, “she really does; more than anything else in the world.” He finished still cupping her face in his hands.

Serena wrapped her arms around Max’s waist and gave him another hug. “I hope she knows how lucky she is Max.”

“I think she does.” Max told her as he pulled away. “Thank you.”

“For what?” she asked looking confused.

“For coming here today. It’s nice to know we’re ended on a good note now.” Serena couldn’t help the smile that appeared on her face at hearing those words. She stared into his eyes and just needed to feel his lips on hers one more time. She couldn’t help herself, so she grabbed his face in her hands and kissed him.

Max was so shocked by this that he didn’t know what was happening, nor did he hear the door open. They were both brought out of the kiss by the sound of the door being slammed shut.

“Shit!” Max screamed as he ran out the door. He opened it up and saw grocery bags on the ground with groceries falling to the floor and saw Liz running down the steps. “Liz!” he yelled out to her but she ignored him and kept on running. “Liz wait!” he yelled and grabbed her arm when he finally caught up to her.

She tried to shrug him off when he grabbed her arm but he was too strong for her and she was too weak to care. He turned her to face him and the look on her face devastated him. Tears were pouring out of her eyes and her makeup was running down her face. She had a look of disgust on her face and he knew that it was aimed towards him. “Have you been cheating on me with her the whole time?” She asked not even looking into his eyes.

“What?” Max asked in disbelief. “God no Liz, I hadn’t even seen her until she showed up here.” He tried to explain to her, but she didn’t want to hear it. She tried walking away again but he wouldn’t let her. “Liz please…” he began but she cut him off.

“No Max. Just leave me alone. I need to be alone right now.” She took his hand and lifted it off her arm. Her piercing tone echoing in his brain.

She started to walk away but his voice stopped her. “Liz wait,” she stopped walking but didn’t turn around. “Just…” he was at a loss for words he didn’t know what to do or say to make this better. “You know that I love you…just always remember that.” He said slumping his shoulders and sounding defeated. Tears were flowing down his cheeks right now as well and he was too upset to hide them.

Without saying anything Liz walked away and Max walked back to the apartment.

“Oh my God Max I’m so sorry. Maybe I can talk to her.” Serena said going up to him but Max just walked right passed her and shook his head.

“You’ve already done enough. Thanks for coming by, but it’s probably best if you didn’t anymore.” He said and slumped down on his couch with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands.

Serena could tell he was crying from the way his shoulders were shaking, so without a word she brought the bags of groceries inside for him and walked out the door.

About an hour later, Max had calmed down enough to call someone. He knew Liz wouldn’t answer her phone if he called her so he called Maria, but she wasn’t answering either so he left a voicemail. “Maria it’s Max, I know Liz called you and please just…I need to know if she’s okay. Call me back please, I’m worried about her.” He then hung up and began pacing around the house. He just kept thinking to himself that she had to come back eventually because she had nowhere else to go.

Three hours later Max was still pacing the apartment when he heard the door open.

“Oh thank God you’re okay.” He said heading towards her to bring her in his arms but she pushed him away.

“Maria said you called. Thanks for at least still caring about me.” she said and walked around him.

“Liz you know how much I care about you. I love you.” He told her hoping she would tell him how much she loved him as well. He walked towards her trying to touch her again but she stepped back.
“No Max,” she said holding her hand up.

“Liz, let me explain.” He pleaded with her.

“Explain?! You want to explain why you and your ex-girlfriend were in our apartment kissing?!” She yelled throwing her arms out.

“Liz…” he tried but again she cut him off.

“No Max, listen. Now I’ve had a lot of time to think about things and ya know what? It hit me. I will never be her.” She said holding back her tears that were threatening to fall.

“What?” he whispered in disbelief. He couldn’t believe that she thought he wanted her to be Serena.

“Max she was your first everything, and I was your rebound girl that just happened to last for a while.” She said and started to walk into their bedroom but Max’s hand on her wrist stopped her.

He pulled her towards him and put both his hands in hers and wouldn’t let go. “Liz, you are the most important thing in my life. You were never a rebound girl for me, can’t you understand that? Serena came by to talk to me today, we talked and then she kissed me, I didn’t expect it at all.” Liz tried to walk away but Max wouldn’t let her. “Liz you are the one that I love, not her. I’ll always love you Liz, no matter what you’ll always be apart of me.” He said sincerely and then tried to pull her in for a hug but she wouldn’t let him.

She broke away from him and decided she needed to tell him what she had decided to do. “Max… I’m going to New York.” She didn’t have the heart to look into his eyes to see the pain she knew would be there.

“You’re what?” Max whispered in shock.

“I got a phone call this afternoon from the director at Broadway Dance Center. She was at my recital and saw me perform the hip-hop number. She’s losing one of her teachers and wants me to teach there….I start on Monday.” She told him and began walking into their bedroom while Max just stood there in shock.

Once Max broke out of his shock, he followed her into their room and stood in the doorway watching her pack. “Were you even gonna talk to me about this?” He asked from the doorway. His hands were crossed over his chest and his voice had an annoyed tone.

“Yes, and I was considering turning it down so I can be with you this summer, but after what happened with Serena I realized that this is what’s best for me right now, so I called her up and told her I’d do it. Julliard is open in the summer, and the dean told me it was fine if I moved in early.” She said stopping what she was doing and turning around to look at him.

They both stood there staring at each other not knowing what to say. Liz could see tears beginning to form in Max’s eyes and it took all she had not to begin crying herself. She began packing again before she heard Max’s voice finally break the silence. “What about us?” He asked her. He sounded so defeated, yet there was a little bit of hope in his voice that they would stay together.

Liz put some clothes in her suitcase before she slowly looked up to him willing back her tears. “Max…maybe we should take a break from each other.” She suggested while putting her hands in her pockets.

“What?” he asked. He couldn’t believe this was happening. This was supposed to be the beginning for them, not the end. “Liz you can’t be serious.” He said walking towards her.

“Max, maybe what we need is time apart from each other. We haven’t really had that ever since we started dating.” Neither of them spoke for a few moments. Liz walked closer to him before saying, “So we’ll just take a small break, okay?” Max’s head was down and she bent down to look into his eyes.

“Are you seriously pulling that Ross and Rachel shit with me right now?” he laughed in disbelief.

“Max…” Liz began but it was Max’s turn to cut her off.

“No Liz. I love you; I don’t want to let you go.” He pleaded with her.

“Max, this isn’t for forever, just for now.” She told him and walked back towards her things to continue packing.

“So this is it? You’re giving up on us after something as little as Serena kissing me?!” He yelled and Liz winced at his voice.

“Max I’m not completely giving up, I just feel that it’s best if we both have time apart right now. I do love you Max, but I think we just need to take a break from each other.” She said and after that, Max walked out of the apartment slamming the door. Liz stood there for a few minutes before going back to what she was doing and finished packing.

Liz fell asleep on the couch that night after piling all of her packed things into the living room. When she woke up, she noticed that Max never came back last night, and she became worried. She got dressed and ready then called him, but he didn’t answer so she left him a voicemail. “Max it’s me. Please come home, I’m really worried about you.” she then paused for a moment as tears weld up in her eyes. “I have to go to the airport soon, and I would really like to say goodbye to you in person.” She inhaled a deep breath then let it out in a big sigh trying desperately to hold back her tears. “I do love you Max…please don’t think that I don’t….Just…just please at least call me so I know you’re okay.”

Liz waited around for as long as she could without missing her flight, and after realizing that Max wasn’t going to call her or come home, she called a cab and headed for the airport.

Ten minutes after the cab pulled away from their apartment building, Max pulled into the complex and headed up the stairs to talk to Liz, only to find it completely void of her and her things. When he realized he had missed her he collapsed onto the couch with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands and let out all the tears he had been holding in since he left last night.
~Kristen~