Exposure (M/L Mature) Anothers Note 7/1/07 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Exposure (M/L Mature) Anothers Note 7/1/07 [WIP]

Post by rie482 »

Hiya guys... sorry it has taken so long to get here but I have been ill and my computer has died on me several times so I have had to restart it all.

Exposure

Author: Rie482

Category: CC – M/L

Rating: Let’s face it… it’s going to be mature

Summary: It’s just a couple of hours since the group came home and were granted the wish of freedom from the likes of Khivar. But what if Tess didn’t erase everything from that day in England? Did Liz speak too soon? How did Matthew react to the news of his parents finding someone else?

This only leads to more unanswered questions… Who is this young agent that suddenly catches Liz and Tess’ attention? Why is it that Jo makes Serena so unhappy and nervous?

This is the sequel to A Malevolent Wish Come True. It’s probably advised that you read that first before this.
Here: viewtopic.php?t=10722

Disclaimer: I own nothing – the characters or concept of Roswell either from the book or television series.

This is gonna be confusing to begin with. The bold writing that has ***** either side of it is Liz writing in her journal over the scene underneath which is in italics. The last bold comments with out ***** either side is part of the scene underneath Liz's journal entry... it's weird I know... but you will understand it when you read it :)

FEEDBACK IS NEEDED

Part One.

A nervous cough.

“Hello, my name is Lucinda Smith and I am reporting from BBC1 in England.”

Dear diary,
The funny thing about freedom is that once you announce it to just one or two other people something has the complete power to change it into something else altogether. It can turn it into something horrible, something to dread and to want to take back, or it can turn out to be sweet. The scary thing about freedom is that it can be taken away from you in a heartbeat or leave you in this void where you don’t know where your life is going to lead you.

“Today I can proudly show to you a piece of footage that will change the beliefs of every man, woman and child that live on this earth. What I am going to show you in a minute is authentic and undeniable proof that we are not alone on this planet, which was shot just a day ago by myself and my soundman Chris Davis.

I warn you that this is not for the faint hearted and have to suggest that if you cannot handle scenes of extreme violence and death that you should turn over the channel. However, I believe everyone should bear witness to something we didn’t think possible.”

That’s where I was when I, Liz Parker, the smallest of small town girls declared to my mother and father these fateful words; “Just know that it’s over and we can live our lives without him. I can finally settle down and have the family that has just been a part of my dreams for the last four years. I can actually relax and maybe get some proper sleep. Now out of all this I have something beautiful with Max… I have something to look forward to.”

A moment’s silence.

How I wish I hadn’t bothered. How I wish I had just curled myself into a small ball in Max’s lap and just waited for the sky to fall on us.

“So how can it be deemed fair that this lovely rural countryside picture should be torn down and industrialised when the people of Sheffield do not wish this? NOW WHAT?! Geoff – get that goddamn camera back on me now. I need to be home by 3!”

“Shut it Lucy- look down there.”

“What the…? What are they running from?”

“Them! Shit – Geoff you need to get this! Come on come on!!”

“For fuck’s sake Chris! I am!” A moment’s silence. “Whoa did-did you just-just see that?” Silence. “Lucy – did you see that?”

A whisper. “yes.”

Silence. “Why? Why them? There are mothers and children down there. There are innocent people down there.”

“Shit- we’re going to be next!- I’m off”

“Geoff- if we stay here, in this building, we will be safe from what ever they are down there…”

“I-I-I’m going“

“Listen to me Geoff! They are shooting fireballs from their HANDS.”

“NO! YOU LISTEN TO ME CHRIS! I CANNOT STAY HERE.” A sound like a camera being dropped. “You’re on your own.”

“Stop him Chris!”

“No… he wants to go. There’s no stopping him.”

Silence. “Fine. Chris- look at this! They are seem to be rounding the rest of the people down there up… What the hell are these people?”

“I don’t know but I recon those people over there are like them. They can’t even see they running out of that building…”

“What are they doing?”

“Looks like they are… taking them out. WHOA- WHOA! Did you see that?! They just-just went up in dust!”
“Thank god I know how to work a camera… this is so going to go down in history. Who do you think that brunette guy is?”

“The leader. It radiates off him… like he’s born with that innate ability to lead. Hmmm… I wonder who the brunette holding his hand is.”

“The girlfriend… duh.” Silence. “Ladies and gentlemen what you are seeing in the centre of the screen is a small group of people circling the things down there with out being seen by them. They seem to be invisible to the, lets just call them aliens because there is no denying it. They seem to be invisible to the aliens and are now each stood behind – oh my… Ladies and gentlemen the small group have wiped out several of the aliens.” Silence. “Wow. It-it looks like snow.”

“What- why can everyone but the brunette girlfriend are seen by the aliens?”

“I don’t know. But I think we are going to find out… look at him!”

“ One hell of an evil arse.”

“An understatement… look what he’s doing to her!”

Silence

Now I don’t know where we stand because after everything we went through to regain some sense of normality and freedom, the one thing in the world that could have shaken it to an unknown place has happened.

“Oh my god. If there is a god out there make him stop – please!”

Silence

“What – who’s the blonde?”

“Probably the reason why the little girl can’t be seen. NO! What you are seeing here is the leader of the group seemingly giving himself up to the man who is hurting the girl he holds captive.”

“She’s getting the lil one to move. OH CRAP!” Horrified gasps. “How did he know she was there?”

“I don’t know. RUN! She’s stopped!” Laugh of disbelief. “RUN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!”

“Oh boy… this is going to be ugly.”

“Why?”

“Look at her… Lucy – she’s pissed. You can see it in the way her hands are clenched into fists.”

“Don’t forget the green electricity that seems to be running over her hands… Christ – where?! Where did she go?”

“THERE! How-how the hell?”

Silence.

That one thing I hear you ask?

“Did you see that? She-she literally killed them all… it didn’t even burn her hands when she actually held that ball.”

Silence

“She-she. Woah… he’s just hanging there.”

Loud gasp.

“What is she doing?”

The sound of vomiting in the background. “That’s-that’s sick… did you see his-his skin? It-it-it…” Vomiting continues. “It peeled straight off.”

Silence again.

“No!”

“What?”

“She’s- she looks dead. The expression on his face – oh god. She’s dead.” Silence. “Ladies and gentlemen, possibly the whole world, what you are seeing here is the fearless leader of this group of individuals mourning over the lifeless body of his girlfriend, who single-handedly saved the whole group by killing the rest of the aliens in one go before turning her attention to the other alien. However, by doing so it seems she is dead.”

“No- no look over there. The others are moving towards them.”

Silence

That one thing that can take the freedom out of the grasp of a family, a unit of people so tightly bonded, is…

“YES!!!”

“Ladies and gentlemen we have movement. The brunette saviour is alive!”

“As you can see. There is no denying that this is the proof of aliens we had been waiting for. After the event we rushed to the scene to find that no one on the ground below remembered a thing about the incident, claiming that their loved ones where shot by a madman – not by an alien. This just gives more proof that these people are not like us. But with it comes only questions. Who are these aliens? Are the group aliens themselves? Are they here to help or destroy us? The main question is the most obvious… Who are these people? Where do they come from? Why are they here? Do they have a mission? How many more are there out in the world? Where are they now?”

Her eyes flickered open to see her own face peering back at her.

“Who are these people? We are calling for all information that we can possibly pull on these individuals. We are calling for them to come forward and make a statement to the whole world. They have been hiding in the shadows for so long, now it’s time for them to come forward and announce their presence amongst us.”

The one thing we fear the most

“OH SHIT!”

Exposure.
Last edited by rie482 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:24 am, edited 36 times in total.
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Hiya guys, thanks to the following for their feed back:

Buffsteraddict: Glad to hear I made ya happy :) Hope you're going to like this sequel as much as a malevolent wish come true :)
Maxssoulmate: Ohh I came back lovie! Hopefully there should be a new part every monday :)
Maya
begonia9508
Tequathisy
Flamehair
Timelord31

Part two.

“Are they still there?” Liz whispered through her hands that held her face as she lent on her palms. Thankfully her parents were at Diane’s, she might have gone stir crazy if they had been there right now; it just would have upset her more. Her whole body was tense and she couldn’t bear to look up. Everything had come crashing down around her so quickly once again and shock was starting to overwhelm her.

“They are ever vigilant.” Kyle shook his head in complete disbelief. “They are chanting our names. Next thing you know they will be lighting candles and singing praises.” He peered out the shutters of the back room to be confronted with cheers and gasps as he came into their view. Their faces were literally pressed up against the window of the crash, their breath seen on the glass as they did so. Ever so often, when they peered out to the crowd that were outside, there would be a huge wave of flashes from the cameras. It had been like this for the best part of three hours since someone in the near by area had called the nearest news station with their identities.

Now they were sat in the back room of the Crash, the seemingly best place for them to hide other than the UFO centre, which they thought would just be dodgy. They were stuck. It was that simple. They had tried to sit on the balcony but they had figured that out, the crowd just started to climb up the ladder whether as others were in the buildings across the road. There was just no escape.

“Or the next thing they will do is batter down the door and kill us.” Michael quipped as he paced the floor.

Max glared at him from his spot on the floor, where he sat with Matthew between his legs. “Can you please not speak that way?”

“Why? Why can’t I say something that you know to be true? We are SCREWED Maxwell – completely screwed. The whole world knows about us and now we are just sat in the back of this run down restaurant literally waiting for them to come and get us.” Michael argued, his face developed a red tinge that became deeper the harder he thought. Stopping his pacing he eyed Max, his anger clearly written in his body language. “You can sit here if you want but at least face the fact that we are unlikely to make it past this day! They are going to get in here Max and they are going to kill each and everyone of us.”

Stroking back Matthews hair, Max stood up and edged nearer to Michael. “You will not talk this way,” he demanded quietly. “Matthew is just a young boy – he doesn’t need to hear this from his uncle!”

“What’s the deal?! He’s fine! HE’S HUMAN! He doesn’t have to deal with this.”

“But it doesn’t make his life any easier,” Tess cried out in frustration and fear. “He’s the product of two alien hybrids! If they get us they will want him as well.” Liz’s head dove deeper into her palms as the thought circled her mind; she was the next to bring a child into this situation. Tess lifted her son up into her arms and looked upon his innocence face for a moment. “Look at him…He’s just a boy Michael, we can’t talk about this in front of him. Please… just calm down for him – if not anyone else.”

Dropping his stance Michael let his head lull forward and sighed while he turned back to his pacing. That was his silent surrender. “Max?” Isabel whispered as she moved towards him and past Michael. “What are we going to do?”

“I say we go out there.” Serena declared from her spot next to Liz, where she sat with one hand on Liz’s shoulder. “The whole world knows we exist… and I think we should give them what they want.”

“No.” Isabel said as she turned herself back into Alex’s warm embrace. “We don’t know what they want to do with us… what they will ask.” Her voice lowered as her gaze fixed on to Sophie who lay in Maria’s arms. “It’s too dangerous.”

“It’s an already dangerous situation Isabel…” Serena argued. “If you go out and say ‘yes, yes we are aliens but we mean you absolutely no harm’ the chances are you will taken in better by the world. You will be accepted. You’ve already been exposed, now you have no choice but to come out of hiding. Aren’t you just sick of the hiding?”

Alex and Maria looked at each other for a split second before both turning round and saying “Yes” at the same time that a got a look from all the aliens in the room. With that Maria simply shrugged and went back to the baby, whilst Alex increased his grip on his wife.

“I think we all are.” Max paused. “But that doesn’t mean we should go out there and declare it to the whole world that we are in fact aliens. God knows what will happen if we do.”

“So are you suggesting that we just carry on sitting here with Mr Grumpy pacing a hole into the floor? Maybe we can just escape down the hole he makes!” Kyle bit sarcastically. “We can’t just sit here in silence and do nothing! We used to be this group who had a plan for any occurrence, a plan to cover our tracks and save our butts. Now I look around me and all I see is this pathetic and weak group that we have become.”

“That’s not true Kyle,” Liz replied calmly. “We’re just scared. It’s something we have never had before… and now because of me we have been put into this situation that we just cannot control.” Wiping her hands on her jeans she stood from the sofa and glanced out the shutters. Once again she was bombarded with flashes of cameras and cheers. “Maybe it will do us good to step out of the shadows for a bit.”

“Liz.” Max said in his stern voice. “First of all this isn’t your fault. This was going to happen at some point; we just didn’t think the world would find out like this. Secondly, we can’t just go out there. They won’t accept us.”

“We did.” Maria replied softly as she looked towards Michael, who stopped pacing the moment she spoke. “We accepted you so why wouldn’t the world? You are these kind, sensitive old souls that we have taken into our hearts. So why can’t the world do the same?”

Silence loomed over the group as they thought about that question. They had always been in the shadows convinced they wouldn’t be accepted into people’s hearts and minds. But why couldn’t they be accepted? They had already these group of humans who they now loved dearly, so what was stopping them from stepping out from behind the tree?

“We still can’t take the chance, too much is at stake.” Max mumbled softly as he took his son’s small hand in his own. “I have too much to lose. A family and son to protect.” Liz’s heart constricted as she took in the scene before her, a mother and father worriedly looking down upon their future, upon their legacy. Suddenly she was taken back by a feeling of foolishness. How could she have been so foolish to believe that they could make it work? How could she be so foolish to forget he had a family?

“We all have something to lose if this goes wrong Max.” Serena pointed out as she felt Liz’s tension. “Our friends, our family and our freedom. But we have no choice, the world and just pure chance has spoken and we have no choice in the matter; we need to do this.”

Liz’s eyes shimmered with tears as she silently watched the family that were in front of her. She wasn’t listening to the conversation anymore, it had faded out as she started to beat uncontrollably. All she could hear was the intense thumping in her ears and feel the moisture in her eyes. Her focus was on them. They were so beautiful; it was a life that she so desperately wanted. As she watched her vision blurred and the next thing she knew she was excusing herself as she rushed into the toilet. The moment she closed the door behind was the moment the tears started to fall and her legs buckled under her. “This is all too much” she cried into her knees.

Max sighed as he shifted a sleeping Matthew once again in his arms. It had been half an hour since Liz had left the room and that was the last time any one had spoken. They didn’t have to speak; it was in the air. They were going to announce to the world that yes they were indeed aliens but none of them seemed willing to move from their spot because it would mean they were forced to step out of their comfort zone. A zone that they had been living in safely for years, allowing the only select few in when necessary. Now they had to remove it completely and let the whole world in. In some way they were ready, sick of all the lying, the hiding and the secrecy but on the other hand, they were scared that they would suffer for it. It was a sep they were going to have to take, but for the moment they seemed stuck in this moment, a moment where the world was shut out as they enjoyed just each others company as if for the last time.

“Liz?” Maria called through the closed door. “Liz? You ok in there?” She ran a shaky hand through her golden locks as she waited for a reply. “Liz? Please say something, you’re scaring me.”

Still there was silence.

On the other side of the door Liz pushed her face as far as she could into the wall, hoping that if she pushed hard enough that it would make it all go away. Pausing she glanced at her hands again, they were still lit up with the green electricity that was jumping all over her skin. Placing her hand on the floor for the third time in half an hour the same thing happened, she left a scorch mark. This had been going on for the last thirty minutes and the more she saw it the more distressed she became. She kept leaving burnt handprints everywhere and blisters on her skin if she was to touch herself. She couldn’t feel able to ask for help, or call for any one out of fear she would hurt them in the way she had hurt Khivar.

The mere thought of that man had her whole body tingling with electricity and hatred. It made the electricity worse. Curious Liz moved both hands so they were parallel to each other and about a ruler’s width apart. Moving her hands closer together she produced spark after spark until it became a small ball that spun in between her two hands. It hurt like hell to hold it, the ball she had held just the day before was nothing in the amount of sheer power this ball contained.

The ball disappeared the moment it had come when she heard the sound of the Crashdown doors slam open. *oh my god,* she thought to herself. *Michael was right* Soon she was seeing flashes of each and every face of her loved ones dead before her eyes, which brought the electricity that buzzed upon her tanned skin back to life. Yet she sat motionless on the floor, her knees to her chest until the familiar voice of Max started to command the intruder to stand back. She could see his arm outstretched, his son behind him while clutched in his mother’s arms. They were all going to be in the usual pairings. Tess, Max and Matthew. Isabel, Alex and Sophie. Maria and Michael and finally Kyle and Serena. They all had someone. They were still in high school all over again and Liz was alone, again.

Shaking herself mentally Liz stood up from the floor. What the hell was she thinking? She wasn’t alone. She knew for a fact that Max loved her, although he was being really distant with her today, and she had a baby on the way. She was by no means alone. But she felt it. Briefly glancing in the mirror she saw a stranger glancing back at her. Her skin was pale, her eyes were shadowed. She bore an unearthly grin and the word murderer stamped upon her forehead.

Now she knew why she felt so alone, she was the one who killed Khivar when in the split second she had hung him the air she could have done two things with him. She could have locked him away, deep in the Granolith. She didn’t know how she had known that; it was probably all the alien knowledge that had been given to her from being healed twice by Max, but she knew she had that option. She could have locked him away and made him suffer in the confines of his permanent prison. But that thought had been pushed away, pushed away by the instinctive and over riding feeling to kill him in cold blood. Now she was alone in the feeling that there was this monster, almost as evil as Khivar, hiding away deep inside her. She was scared. Scared to let anyone in to long enough to see.

“You need to come with us Mr Evans. We have orders to take you all in.” His warm voice leaked into her earshot. Instantly, without knowing how she did it, she was in the room stood directly behind the agent that was speaking her hand pressed against the back of his head.

“And where will that be?” She growled. “To the white room? Are you going to torture us like you did the last time you managed to get hold of Max?” She could see the drop of sweat beading at the nape of his neck. She smiled softly when it rolled down his neck slowly. Stepping closer to him she whispered in his ear. “Sorry if I make you nervous, it’s just after our past experience with the FBI and the American government I get a bit upset. I want to protect my family and there are children involved. I hope you understand this.” Letting her arm rest on his shoulder she swung herself round to face him face to face. His blue pools burrowed deep into her emerald green eyes. It hit her with such force she almost gasped out loud, she knew this man from somewhere, she couldn’t quite place the face or the expression but she knew him from somewhere. She could see it in his eyes, it was like an old soul that knew her inside and out, just like Max did and immediately she knew she trusted him. “I just want to know… who gave the order and where do you intend to take us?”

His lips curved into a small smile as he realised Liz was no threat to him, thankful that he was given a chance. Running a hand through his ruffled blond hair nervously he bumbled out the words. “The President wants to see you… he wants you to come to the White house and to give a statement to the whole world. Liz – guys – you are not seen as a threat yet and we want you to address the world before they start to distrust you for your silence.”
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Heya guys! I'd like to thank the following for their feedback :D

begonia9508
Buffsteraddict
tequathisy
Flamehair
Timelord31
Maxssoulmate

Calling all lurkers, please feedback as well. I like to whether or not you like this :)

Btw - Yes they are in the whitehouse in this chapter although there is not much of a mention of their location. :P

PART THREE (some lines are taken from Balance)

Tess shot him yet another look as she sat pretending to listen to the President waffle incoherently and anxiously about how they should present the statement to the whole world. Oddly, she wasn’t engrossed with what the president had to say or the fact they were in the infamous Whitehouse. Surely she should have been frightened, nervous and confused about the fact he held their lives in his hand, like he done so for many years through the FBI. Yet she wasn’t in the slightest, he wasn’t what was bothering her. It was Dan. The agent, later found out to be known as Dan Stevens, was strangely familiar to her and she couldn’t put her finger on to what it was about him. Peering through her loose blonde curls she kept watch and oddly enough she found that he kept glancing between her and Liz, almost like he knew the both of them. Shaking her head she smiled to herself and straightened out her black skirt and top set that she was wearing. *I’m just being paranoid and silly* she thought to herself.

Yet she couldn’t help but steal a quick glance towards Liz, to find that she was doing the exact same thing she was. She let out a smirk before quickly turning her attention back to the President that was now clearly sweating buckets because of the fact he was in the presence of alien Royalty. She would talk to Liz later.

“So let me get this right… You,” He shakily pointed a palm to Max. Tess smirked again as she took his appearance in. When presented to them he was clad in a heavy looking black suit, now he was in just his trousers and his white shirt. His grey hair was sticking up in all sorts of funny angles and sweat was clearly displayed on his forehead. He was nervous; it was plain to see that. “Are the human alien hybrid which contains the essence of King Zan from the Planet Antar and Tess, Isabel and Michael are all Royalty from your planet.” His grey eyebrows came together in a frown as he tried to think about what he was saying. His expression was one of pure disbelief and awe at the same time.

“That is correct,” Max nodded from the centre of the line of chairs that were sat facing the President. Max smiled as he spoke to him. He was a kind old hearted man, which was why the country loved him and the reason why Max had voted for him a couple of years before. He didn’t fear him in the slightest and this calmed his doubts and concerns. “I know it is confusing and you must not be able to comprehend it all… but you have the main jist of it.” Pausing Max looked towards Liz for a moment. Resting his eyes on her face had him completely at ease. Turning back to the President he spoke slowly and seriously. “We are not here to harm anyone. We are merely trying to exist and live our lives to the fullest. We have families and we love each other dearly. Yes we have been living in the shadows, unwilling to come forward but that was because of our past experiences and the fear of what we may lose if we did. I hope you understand that.”

Nodding the old kind man that was the president slid his glasses off his nose and sighed. “I understand completely. I have no idea what it must be like to trust someone, let alone the world, a secret so large but I do know how hard it is to let anyone in.” Standing up from his chair he walked round the table to stand in front of Max and stretched out his hand. “I would be honoured if you and your family would agree to make the address. I want the world to know you the way I feel I do.”

This was the thing Max thought he was always going to fear. This moment had always seemed more dangerous in his mind, but now, after talking to the president he was at peace with the idea of the world knowing. He knew deep inside that there would be trouble after this, but for one moment he shoved the feeling down. This man was giving them the chance to tell their story and had accepted them and he knew if he didn’t take the chance things could get worse. Max’s eyes never left the President. He didn’t dare look at the others because he didn’t know whether they were thinking the same thing, so he just did it. He stood and quickly took the president’s hand, nodding in agreement. “I think it’s about time we finally step out from behind the tree.” And for once in his life, he felt that maybe, just maybe they were going to be accepted.

“WAIT!” He shouted after her as she ran towards the bathroom quickly, her hand to her mouth. Liz just kept moving as quickly as possible before she threw up. “WAIT, LIZ! CAN I HAVE A WORD?” She almost thought about turning round and asking him a hundred questions. Who was he? Why does he speak to her like he knew her? Why did she tingle slightly at the mention of her name gracing his lips? Why did she recognise that tentative and concerned stare? But she couldn’t or she would just throw up all over his pristine, freshly dry cleaned suit, so she kept at the pace she was at trying her damn hardest to reach the bathroom before she exploded. *Just the perfect moment to start to experience morning sickness* she laughed mentally as she practically ran down the long corridor.

Finally she reached the room and the next thing she knew she was retching into the sink of the ladies toilet, Dan Stevens stood watching over her with concern. “Are you okay?” He asked softly, his voice warm and inviting yet it somehow seemed to lack something she felt should have been there; an accent perhaps. Throwing the contents of her stomach once more into the sink had him stood next to her, his hand on her back rubbing in small circles just simply trying to help her out. It was such a Max thing to do but this wasn’t Max. He didn’t look or even smell like Max yet she was still comparing him to Max every time he moved or spoke. “You okay?” He asked again when she stopped heaving into the sink and finally managed to bring her head up.

All she could manage was a small nod and a weak “Yes… I’m fine.” Instantly she knew that he saw through that. “Just nervous I guess,” She lied and shrugged off as she rinsed the sick down the drain and splashed cold water on her face. “It’s the first time I’m ever going to be on TV.” Turning her head to speak to him she found his piercing blue stare lapping up every word. “Its – its scary you know?” For a second she stopped and just looked back at him. Biting her lip she concentrated hard to place where she knew him from, but she couldn’t place it any better than before back at the Crash. “Er- Dan… do you mind if I ask you a question?”

“No.” He said quietly as he leapt on the side and sat with his legs apart. “Ask away… I’m an open book.”

“Well – umm…” She started as she leant on the side, her eyes locking to his and she tried to ask him her question. “Do I…”

“LIZ!” Maria snapped Liz out of her question as she charged in the room, suits on hangers in hand. “I was so…” She stopped in mid charge into the toilet to find both Liz and Dan in what seemed a lovey dovey soul mate stare. It shocked her because she had only seen Liz do that with one person, Max, but this wasn’t Max. “Worried.” She finally managed to say as she stepped closer to Liz. “Are you okay?” She whispered as she saw how pale Liz appeared. Placing the suits on the side she quickly brought her hand to Liz’s forehead.

“I was just a little sick…” Liz started.

“Wow – that must mean alien morning sickness comes on early on in pregnancy.” Maria rambled, oblivious to the expression of interest that rested upon Dan’s face. It was one of interest and oddly enough happiness. “I’m sure Max will look you over later. But now we have more pressing matters – such as which of these suits we are going to wear!”

Max stood by the camera of the room just staring at the long oak table where they would be sitting in no less than half an hour. His hands found their way into his pressed trouser pockets as he thought about it all. The nightmare situation of the world discovering their secret was out. What was odd though was the fact the head of the American government, the president, didn’t want to kill them. He actually wanted the world to know them instead of fearing them. But that was just the least of his worries. On his mind was Liz, the baby. There was also the matter of Matthew. Matthew had taken the news of his parents divorce and their newfound loves badly, it was expected because he was only young, but what had surprised him was the shock discovery Max and Tess had found out the hard way. They hadn’t expected it at all.

“Hey,” Isabel sighed as she stepped into stand next to her brother. “So spill.” She whispered as she looked forward at the table. “I know something is wrong Max, I’m your sister.” When there was more silence she stated, “It’s Matthew isn’t it?”

“He - he.” He paused to clench his jaw and settle his gaze on the floor. “Matthew has powers.” He replied quietly. When Isabel didn’t say anything he continued. “When we told him… He got upset and ran into the corner of the room and was just sat there crying. I-I went over to hug him, to explain this didn’t change the way I felt about him but I found I couldn’t get anywhere near him. He had a complete shield surrounding him and when I touched it I was thrown across the room. He did the same thing to Tess.” Sighing he faced his sister. “I thought he was human, I thought that maybe he wouldn’t have to worry about hiding his secret and having to carry the burdens that our-our gifts bring … but now, I don’t know. I think I’m scared for him.”

Isabel faced her brother and took in his appearance. He didn’t seem to be the confused and angst filled brother she used to know. She could deal with the mysterious and moody brother of hers when he was younger, when it was all easier. But he wasn’t that boy any more, well not unless he was around Miss Parker. He was slightly older, slightly more mature and took everything on to his shoulders, more than he did before. He worried about things too much. To compare to a picture of him about 5 years ago with the man stood before her, there would be very little physical change that anyone could see, but those who knew him would see that the bright spark that had been there in his eyes once was gone. He wasn’t a boy any more. He was a father; in the same way she was a mother yet she didn’t know what to say.

Running her fingertips through her ponytail she sighed. “Isn’t that what parents do? Aren’t parents scared for their children anyway? Sure, it’s different, he’s special but that doesn’t make him any different emotionally than any other child. He has the strongest family a little boy could possibly have, so I think you should worry less about it.” Looking towards the door where a pale Liz just walked through she continued. “Have you told Liz this?”

Max shook his head as he watched Liz walk awkwardly, in her brand new tight fitting suit, across the room. “I’m worried about how she is going to react.”

“To what?” Isabel asked. Knowing what that worried tone meant. “To being told that your child is likely to be half alien or that you are going to have to take it slowly?”

“Both.” He sighed as he moved towards the table. Walking around it, he sat in his brown leather padded seat. “Every time I dreamt about finally having a child with Liz… every dream has-has been simple. I didn’t think that it could ever be this complicated. Not only can’t I promise Liz that our child is going to be normal, we aren’t even married and can’t jump into action without my divorce first.” Groaning Max threw his head back on to the seat. “When did things get so complicated?”

Isabel smiled slightly as she took her seat on the other side of Max. Taking his hand she spoke a hint of amusement in her voice. “The moment you took a chance on Liz Parker… But you know what? No matter what I have been known to say and no matter how I felt at the time, I wouldn’t change a thing about it.” She let her eyes flicker towards Liz Parker who was sat with her head in her knees on the floor by Alex. “Our lives have gotten more complicated but- but you know what? I don’t care. Because of what you did all those years ago we have a family.” Letting go of Max’s hand she ran hers over her skirt before standing up. “Now I think you need to talk to Liz… now.”

“What are you doing here Max?” Liz whispered out loud as she felt him move towards the door of the dark ladies toilet behind her. The moment she had entered she had flicked the light off, the piercing light being too bright for her at the time. Turning round slowly she could see his silhouette in the doorway, just waiting for her to let him in. “Max? What’s wrong?” She said even more quietly than before.

Stepping into the room, he quickly shut the door and locked it with his powers. Turning back to Liz he moved forward tentatively. “I-I just wanted to know if you were okay?” He asked as he moved nearer. “I haven’t really seen much of you today. We haven’t, you know, had time to talk.”

“I wonder why,” She snapped quietly as she walked to the sink and turned the cold tap on, running her fingers through the cold water. All of a sudden she had gone from freezing to boiling in a matter of seconds. After a moment of silence she switched the tap off and leant forward on her hands, leaving her head to dangle. “So when are you going to tell me that we have to take a step back?”

Max’s expression went from one of concern to shock in a matter of seconds. “How-how did you know?”

“Have you forgotten about our connection? Or am I the only thing that has been forgotten?” Liz calmed herself down a second before she stated, “A feeling I guess. That and the fact you haven’t been near me all day is another factor.” She growled as she tried so hard to keep her cool. “I take it Matthew didn’t take it all that well?”

“No, he didn’t.”

“Didn’t think so.” Liz bit her lip hard as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. She felt the blood pool. “So – how long do I have to wait for you? That’s bearing in mind if you ever come to me?” Blowing air out of her cheeks she breathed out, “Why – why didn’t the wish I make the other day work? I wish we live happily ever after... together forever. It was the perfect wish! Why didn’t it come true when all the cruel ones did?”

“I dunno,” He replied quietly. “But you never know… things will still work out. They always do with us” Max didn’t move, something was rooting him to the floor. All he wanted so much was to step forward and reach out for her but he knew if he did, there would be no taking things slowly for the sake of Matthew. So he remained in his spot just staring at the back of his beloved, tears blurring the already dark room. He didn’t want to do this to Liz. “This isn’t how I pictured this – us. I have dreamt of this my whole life… since I was eight, probably even when I was lying in my pod.” Liz let the tears start to fall as she heard the sadness in his voice. A step at a time Max moved towards Liz, just wanting to be nearer to her small figure. “There is nothing I want more than to take you home with me tonight, to hold you all through the night and just go from there but things changed when I spoke to Matthew. Liz- he has powers and threw both Tess and me across the room. I fear that if I don’t take things more slowly regarding us, things will get worse.” He took a deep breath, one that Liz felt on the back of her neck. They were just inches apart but it felt like there was this huge hole between them. “I've been off balance. You made me forget that anything else existed; for a moment I forgot about Matthew. So I think we should take a couple of months…to step back.”

“Sometimes you have to take a step back to see what's really going on. Maybe that's what we both really need to do right now...find our balance again.” Liz whispered in response and in memory as she remembered the night on her balcony when Max first wanted to step back.

“You know, Liz, I thought that...I thought that we'd found it.” He sighed as he too remembered the night on the balcony. “I thought we really had found it.”

She spun around and found his loving gaze beaming down on her. For a moment Max forgot all his ideas on constraint and moved closer to Liz, wrapping one arm around and drawing her into his chest. Her small fingers played on the place just above his heart as he rested his chin on the top of her head.

Kissing her on the forehead he whispered once again “It was going to be me, you, Matthew and the baby. I thought that I had found my new balance, I thought we really had found it.”

“Me to,” Liz cried softly as she brought up her eyes to meet his. They locked for what seemed eternity. “Me to”
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Hiya guys. I'm sorry that this part isn't as long as the last. I am not 100% sure about this chapter - I think its just to help move the story along a bit. I'd like to thank the following for their feedback.

Thanks to:
Buffsteraddict - I am a dreamer at heart, so I think you can guess that I will fix it at some point.
Extingman - God I love you! Your rants seem to make my day :P In regards to your rant about Max being a 'piece of work'. I know Matthew isn't in the picture but the no hugs thing - its more about him losing all control if he were to hug her and he wouldn't be able to take the step back that he feels they need for Matthews sake. I feel his focus should be on Matthew right now because this is exactly the way he acts in season three, even though he was with Liz - he leaves her out.
Maya - why thank you :) Nice to hear someone likes it :)
Begonia9508
Flamehair
Maxssoulmate
c_which
Timelord31
Erina

Part four.

Liz was sat on the other side of Tess, everyone’s eyes on her. The address hadn’t started and wouldn’t for another minute yet but already there were a hundred pairs of eyes on her. She suddenly felt judged for everything she had done to Khivar and the tears she had been crying for the last twenty minutes threatened to re-emerge again. She scanned the room softly until she came in contact with Jo.

Jo was the young reporter that had suddenly received the privilege to be in the room and finally get to question the group. She was pretty, obviously a smart girl because she seemed to grasp the concept of the granolith fairly well when she started to ask Serena about it and seemed dedicated to her job. She had short and stylishly messy blond hair and had eyes the colour of the clearest ocean, which in the right light and at the right angle seemed to appear exactly the same colour as Liz’s emerald green. However, once again she was left with a feeling that came from her. This wasn’t a trusting feeling like she got from Dan, no this one was a disturbing feeling; one that was visibly seen from Serena who watched Jo liked a hawk.

“She still worries me Liz,” Serena, who was sat on the other side of Liz, whispered in her ear when she noticed Liz was watching Jo as well. “Have you noticed the way she is stares at Max?”

“She probably just fancies him,” Hissed Maria from the other side of Serena. “He’s quite a fanciable guy… it’s not unusual for women to stop and gawk at him in the street.”

“She has a point,” Tess added knowing full well how most women reacted to Max in the street as they walked by. First it started off as the staring, turned into the obvious ‘accidentally’ bumping into him then finally the wolf whistles started. Max was attractive but some of these women were just plain sluts, trying their hardest to catch his attention. She often swore that one of the waitresses in the Crash fancied the pants off him. Her proof? The fact that every time Max was in one more snapper of her uniform was unsnapped.

Liz shook her head. “I know what you mean, but no… she gives off this feeling… in the same way Dan gives off this feeling.”

Tess’ shifted closer to Liz. “So you feel it to?” When Liz nodded she continued. “It’s like…”

“We know him,” Liz finished her brow creased in confusion. “I’ve felt it from the moment I actually looked at his face earlier today… and back in the toilets earlier.”

“Hang on a minute Chica,” Maria exclaimed. “You feel like you know this-this Dan and you didn’t feel the need to tell one of us?”

Liz shrugged “I just thought I was missing Max because I was constantly comparing him to Max.”

“Me to,” Tess mumbled as looked over to Dan. “There is something in the way he looks at us, like he knows us.”

Maria leant forward and glanced at Serena. “Do you feel like you know him?”

“No.”

“Me neither. I think you two are just paranoid.” Maria concluded as she slumped back in her chair.

The lights flickered to life and suddenly Max felt trapped with a hundred million people staring at him. Thankfully the President was stood in front of him giving his speech to the world declaring that he has spoken with the aliens who he feels to be more human than most that could be found on this planet. To tell the truth Max didn’t care about the whole announcement, he just wanted to be at home surrounded by his family and friends but that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. Luckily he had his drafted speech of peace sat right in front of him or he wouldn’t have managed to get his piece started and would have just been staring back at the world.

Taking a gulp of air, he addressed the world.

“Hello. You probably know our names by now, so we won’t bother in introducing ourselves. We are sat here before you to tell you our story… Myself, Isabel, Michael and Tess were sent to earth in the Roswell 1947 crash that made the town famous. I know it is hard to believe, especially when we are so young but we were born years later. We emerged from we can only describe as incubation pods and we looked like 6 year olds. We were naked and couldn’t speak but we finally found people who took us in. Some of us were taken into loving homes, where as the others were not.” Max paused for a second and discarded his speech, speaking to the camera from his heart. “For the rest of our lives up to a couple of years ago we lived in the shadows, keeping our secret from our families and wouldn’t let anyone in. We kinda felt our lives depended on it. That was until the day Liz Parker was shot in the Crashdown Café where this all started. From there we found safety and love and acceptance from the others.”

For an hour Max told the world everything, minus the personal parts including all relationships and what not, and the whole time the more he spoke the more it seemed to free him. “We are not here to destroy your planet, we are not here to invade. We are merely here to survive. We have no plan on going home, back to Antar, because frankly that place isn’t home to us, Earth is. We consider ourselves to be more human than alien and we have no intention of taking over the planet or harming the people around us.” Max concluded softly, a bright smile on his face. Instantly Liz could feel, through their connection, that he had been freed of his secret. For once he felt light hearted and free from all the responsibility.

“King Zan,” Jo started from her chair, which was to the side of the camera. She fluttered her lashes towards him as she leant forward, allowing him and the whole of the group to see the colour of her bra. Her eye contact was intense and unwavering.

“Please, call me Max.” He spluttered as he tried to avoid looking at her directly.

She smiled brightly, leaning back slightly so she could cross her legs allowing her already short skirt to ride up. Green sparks crackled along Liz’s hand as her anger began to build. “Okay, Max, are you sure that the threat of Khivar is gone?”

“As sure as we can be,” Liz answered when Max looked towards her. “But you can never be too sure, after all our previous encounters with a certain Nicholas goes to show that you can never be too sure. So we will make sure that we are ready and trained just in case that were to happen.”

Jo’s smile quickly disappeared the moment Liz had started to answer the question and gave her a look that would have killed her if they did in fact kill. She didn’t even reply or give thanks, her attention was immediately back to Max the moment Liz shut her mouth. It was obvious to the group who Jo’s attention was on.

“Max, how many more Antarians, skins or locacks do you believe to be on the planet?”

Once again Max looked toward someone else to answer that question. This time it was Serena that had the duty. “There is no telling how many more skins are on the planet. I doubt that there will be many though because all were under Khivar’s ruling and knowing him like I do, he would have used the whole lot against Max. As for other Antarians, there is no chance that they will be any on earth. Unlike Locacks, such as myself, Antarians cannot live in this atmosphere and unlike the skins they will not use husks. Locacks on the other hand, there were around 100 in the world when we first arrived 50 years ago, but now many consider themselves humans and live normal lives even though we do not age all that much.”

Once again Jo’s reaction was one of distaste towards Serena and her attention immediately went back to Max the moment she closed her mouth. After a few more questions that seemed to continue in this way Max called for a close on the address. “Finally, Max, what do you see in the future?” This was definitely a personal question, seen through the way her eyes sparkled as she placed her notepad on the floor beside her chair. Liz’s hands sparked more violently this time as she glared at Jo. Her smile was just plastered to her face and all Liz wanted to do right now was blast it off.

What Jo didn’t expect was for Max to look towards Liz and then reply with an equally bright smile “Hopefully a peaceful one with my family.”

She landed on the soft quilted bed with a loud groan. It was an understatement to say she was aching from head to foot; it felt like she was aching in places she didn’t even knew existed. They had spent the best part of the day in a room with every president of every country who wanted to meet them. It was ridiculous that the whole world would want to meet such boringly normal people. But as she had said earlier that day to Liz, “At least the food’s good.” It was just one small thing that made the day easier. Rolling over at the sound of the door opening she smiled at Michael.

“You look ridiculous in that suit.” Maria laughed as he tried unsuccessfully to undo his tie. “Come here Spaceboy.” She ordered through her giggles her hands out stretched ready to attack it. “Lemmie try.” There was a moment of silence as he moved over to her and watched her as she untied it. “So tell me… what did mighty King Max say? Are we going back to Roswell soon?”

He sighed as he cupped her cheek, tilting her head so she would look at his face. “Hopefully some time soon. We won’t be here longer than a week. It’s just- he’s worried that if we go back, we’re going to be the main attraction to the town… So… he’s securing a set of houses that will be protected by a set of Locacks. It will be a place where we will be completely safe and separate from the public.” The small smile that graced his rugged features had Maria waiting for him to continue. “We will each have our own little place… we will be completely alone.”

“So… Max, what happens with our situation?” Tess asked as she tucked Matthew in his bed.

Max sat in the chair that was in the corner of the room. His tie was thrown half way across the room while the top three buttons of his shirt were undone. His hair stood on ends where he had ran his hand through it in frustration. The whole day had been hectic and he felt like he had been pushed and pulled, quite literally forced to make decisions he just didn’t want to make. “Well, I don’t know. I’ve told Liz that we have to take a step back and let our little guy get used to the idea with us not being together. That means I can’t live with her… and that probably means that either she is going to be completely on her own or with Serena and Kyle. Crap. I need to talk to her about that, she cannot be alone… anyway, it also means we can’t be together together if you get what I mean. He might get the wrong impression and think we are still going to be together.”

“So what are we going to do?” Tess asked as she kissed her little boy’s soft forehead. Kneeling back down beside Matthew she watched his chest rise and fall as he slept. “We could… I dunno… buy a hotel for a little while.”

Sitting up straight, fully awake he looked towards Tess in excitement. “YES! That really would work. It would mean that the living situation is fixed, a nursery for the babies and there will be rooms for the Locacks. That’s a brilliant idea. It would mean we could gradually introduce Matthew to the idea of you being with Kyle and me being with Liz. I can watch Liz like a hawk – make sure she’s taking care of herself… and maybe… maybe we could go back to being the group we once were. We might just learn to trust in each other again – start over.” A broad smile lit up the room as he moved to join Tess on the floor next to their son. Watching Matthew breathing his smile remained plastered to his face. “It might be the one thing that helps us get through to Matthew, to show him that us not actually being together isn’t going to change things. After a while he will realise that underneath it all we are just better off as friends. Tess,” he whispered excitedly as he darted his attention back to the blond beauty that was sat next to him, the same expression of happiness written across her features. “This might actually work for us.”

“You’re happy aren’t you?” Tess queried with amusement. “I don’t think I’ve seen you get this excited in a while.”

“That’s because I am happy.” He beamed. “I don’t think I’ve felt like this since the day…”

“Since the day you fell in love with Liz Parker.” Tess finished off with a happy giggle. Maybe everything was going to work out.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Heya guys. Back with a new part. :):)

FEEDBACK IS MUCH LOVED

Thanks to the following for feedback:
Timelord31
Buffsteraddict
begonia9508
- *cackles* I am an evil writer
tequathisy
Flamehair
Erina

PART FIVE - lyrics taken by Everything by Lifehouse

“OH MY GOD CHICA!” Maria practically screamed as she ran into the library where Liz was sat reading a book. Her black cocktail dress flying out behind her with her long blonde hair doing the same, she flew into the room. After her ran the dress makers and her make up stylists who were trying frantically to get her ready for the party that was being held in their honour that night

It had been just a week and now they were leaving. “Thankfully” was all Liz could breathe out in frustration when Max had told her. The whole place was suffocating her bit by bit, snatching all her remaining sanity at times she really wasn’t expecting. One minute there was a coffee guy in her face, convinced that she needed coffee before she went anywhere because “You just look so tired.” Then there was the bloody stylist “Honey! This innocent look just doesn’t suit you – I think we should go sexy.” That was NOT what she wanted. She was expecting, they didn’t know that mind, but she still felt disturbed by the thought of being seen as a sex symbol by anyone else other than Max. Plus, her emotions and her powers were all over the place. Sometimes she’d wake up in the middle of the night, crying out in horror and turning over to find she had left scorch marks over the sheets and set the table on fire. Thankfully she could fix it all but it scared the hell out of her. Was this due to the pregnancy or was it due to the way she felt about Khivar? Either way it was happening and she didn’t know what the hell to do about it.

Max. What was there to say? She didn’t know where she stood with him right now. Well, she did; they were taking a serious step back even when a little while ago they had literally declared to each other they wouldn’t be separated. “It’s you, me, Matthew and the little one forever.” Ha! That was just a pile of bull and she wanted to hate him for it, but the sad and depressing thing about it was the fact she understood why he was doing this. The stolen moment in the toilet, the most romantic place ever, was one she would use to remind her that Max still loved her and what she felt through their connection just kept her hope alive.

“OH MY GOD CHICA!!” Maria screeched as she stood in Liz’s face. Her cheeks were puffed out and red with fury and she was quite literally throwing around the newspaper that she held in a death grip. “That BITCH! THAT BITCH! If I- If I EVER see Jo Stalin” Liz cringed the moment she had said that. It turned out that Jo’s surname was Starling, which was enough to get Maria off on one every time Jo pissed her off. Unsurprisingly Jo managed it fairly well when it came to Maria so the name Stalin was commonly used in the last week they had been there. “IF I EVER SEE JO STALIN AGAIN –I’ll-I’ll fucking – fucking kill her!”

Liz smiled slightly as she watched Maria’s hissy fit occur; she found that half the group were also enjoying it as well. “What has she done now?” She asked amused, waiting for some lame and pathetic excuse for the fit to come pouncing out of her mouth.

“Probably looked in your direction Liz!” Kyle commented as he pulled Tess into a hug.

“Or she walked past you,” Added Alex, hiding behind a chair when Maria through him a glare.

Maria’s angry expression turned to one of pure determination as she flung the paper into Liz’s hand. “Read this!” She practically screamed. “OK, I admit I don’t like Jo – I don’t like her one bit and I tend to go off on one when she does the smallest tiniest thing… but this time – this time she has crossed the line.”

“She’s right,” Michael declared as he too walked into the library with a paper in his hand, oddly enough he seemed more angry over this than Maria. Suddenly it dawned on Liz that maybe it really was a serious problem this time. Behind him ran Isabel who was obviously desperate to find out what the commotion was. “This time she really has gone too far. I suggest you read this.”

Liz nervously walked towards the chair and carefully placed herself on to it. Pulling back her hair her eyes remained glued to the picture that was glaring at her. She hadn’t seen one paper since before the world found out about them. They had been led to believe that the world had greeted them open armed, but the only people they had been allowed contact with was government officials and royals of every single country. Yet not once had they been allowed to pick up a newspaper. Now that she had one in front of her at that moment, she wished she hadn’t taken it from her friend. There in the centre of the front page was a picture of Max and her, in the bathroom, their eyes locked together with the words “alien home wrecker?” in big bold lettering above it. She didn’t have to read the article to know what this was about, yet for some reason she had to and she had to do it out loud.

“Just a week ago the world was a quiet place, a world that was completely ignorant of the knowledge that aliens existed. Last week we were blown away with the story of Max Evans, a young man who is the essence of King Zan of Antar, and his family who did nothing but try to merely survive on this planet, avoiding the government, for the whole of their lives. They had built families and friendships that is something that Liz Parker, the famous ‘Khivar slayer’, seems to not understand when this week we were given pictures of her trying her best to push King Max and Queen Tess apart.” Liz shook her in complete disbelief. “From sources back in Roswell, Liz had once courted King Max but took off after sleeping with her ‘friend’ and ex-boyrfriend Kyle Valenti. She was MIA for the next four years, in which Tess and Max tied the knot, as it was destined to be, and brought Matthew into the world.”

“All reports suggest that Tess and Max were happy before the brunette came back into their lives and it was only when Liz arrived back in Roswell that they had a messy separation. It can only be believed that Liz Parker is a home wrecker wishing to separate the predestined and star cross lovers, with her connection to Max from her earlier healing in 1999. Although Tess and Max are not officially back together, stolen glances between them suggest that Max has chosen his mate and by continuing his silence in regard to Liz Parker. He is blatantly expressing his wishes to return to his wife, Tess.” Liz let a tear slip down her cheek as she continued. “Let us just hope that Liz Parker realises that because she is a mere human, and in no way the sparkling flower that Tess is, she cannot break a bond between old souls that have been together in two life times.” She sat in silence for a moment, her breath just being held in her chest as she tried to come to terms with what she had just read.

Jo Starling had just openly ripped her heart out because she hated Liz and everything that she was. She knew that the stolen glances were between Liz and Max, not Tess.
“I can rip her heart out for you,” Maria declared as she sat in the chair opposite it. Taking Liz’s hands she rubbed her fingers over the back of them. “This doesn’t change the way Max feels about you. This bitch just wants to see you suffer because it is obvious to her that Max loves YOU. The world see Tess and Max as being a destined couple in the same way you first believed it when we first heard about it… in time they will realise that’s a load of bollocks.”

Liz was surprised when she felt Michael kneeling before her. Now she was truly seeing what Maria had been seeing in the last couple of years. “I think we need to clear this all up. I respected Max’s wishes when he announced our existence to the world… he wanted to keep some personal things out of the equation. But now, now I see he needs to tell the world about your relationship, how the destiny that his mother described is one he has no plans to follow.”

Liz looked up to the women who had dashed over with Maria with tears in her eyes. “Can-can you please not mention this to any one? Please.” Standing up, her hands shook as she rested them on the table to balance herself. She frowned and looked down to find that when she laid them on the wood it started to burn under them.

“Liz!” Tess cried as she watched her friend burn a hole into the wood beneath her palms. “Liz – stop it.” She brushed past the rest of the group and grabbed Liz’s head twisting her head round to look in her eyes. “SHIT!” She exclaimed as she saw Liz’s eyes that were now as black as coal, the exact same shade they had turned when she had lost control on Khivar. “She’s loosing it. Get Serena – NOW!” Turning back to Liz she shook her by the shoulders while remaining focused on the coals that rested in her sockets. “Liz, come back to us sweetheart. Please… You have so many people who need you here in the real world.”

“What’s going?” Michael demanded as he watched Tess talking softly to Liz who was still burning away the table.

Tess didn’t even flinch because she just didn’t hear him; she was in Liz’s mind beaconing her out of her safe haven. “She’s gone into herself.” Serena declared as she rushed to Tess’ side. “She has a lot of power inside her – it runs through her veins like blood, unlike yours. You have to summon the powers with your mind. It was done to control the power you have making it so less destructive and more productive.You think you have trouble controlling your powers when you’re emotional – just think how it affects Liz. She doesn’t know it yet but she is doing the one thing that all powerful Antarians do, they go into themselves to sort out their emotions before making rash decisions and killing people.” Walking around Liz she went to the other side and attempted to lift the petites hands off the table, failing as they just continued to torch the table underneath. “But we found that it’s hard for some Antarians to return from the place inside their mind… and this is the product you get. Destruction and burning of the hands.”

Maria gasped as she remembered walking into the toilets before heading over to meet the president. “Guys – I think this has been going on for longer than this. You remember when she locked herself in the bathroom last week? Well- I went in there to pee and on the floor there were hand prints that were literally burnt into the floor.”

“Probably because she was freaking out over the situation,” Kyle concluded. “Great one Michael.”

“HEY! It’s not my fault.” Michael growled, his stance immediately shifting into one of defence.

Kyle laughed out loud at that before shouting; “YOU WERE THE ONE TALKING ABOUT HOW THE PUBLIC WERE GOING TO BURST THROUGH THE DOORS AND KILL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US.”

“Shut it!” Exclaimed Maria whose make up was starting run as tears fell down her tanned and flawless cheeks. “Just-just shut up… please.” She cried softly as she turned her attention back to Liz. She was now stood side to side with Tess, just watching the colour of Liz’s eyes. They were so alien at this moment. Where had Liz gone? Quickly she brought her fingers to one of Tess’ hands and held it while she placed her other hand on her friend’s cheek where Tess’ had been. Her skin was still so warm, yet her lips were turning blue.

“Lizzy, you have to come back… I know it’s crazy out here. I completely understand how hurt you are by what Stalin said in that paper… but guess what? We both know better than that chica. We know you two are soul mates. You have a deep love that’s running through you, remember you’ve jumped off bridges for him, you broke laws together – Liz, you’ve done more than enough that proves that Jo is talking a load of crap.”

Liz could just hear her through the mist that surrounded her but she couldn’t find the will power to move forward and join the real world. Here she could live peacefully, pretend that she didn’t kill Khivar and watch her child grow up as they played wherever they wanted. She could sleep for years, she could play in the sand, and she could walk through meadows and have her dream wedding under the stars, Max by her side. Even though she knew it was all in her mind and that she was just avoiding the situation, it seemed so much more alluring in the black silence than living out in the real world.

“Liz,” His sweet voice pierced through the haze that was her mind. She could just feel Maria’s touch being swept away and Max’s replacing it. “Liz – you’re my soul, my heart, my life. Come back. If not for me, for the people around you or the baby do it for yourself. Liz – come back to us. Come back please. I wanted just a step back, for Matthews sake, not to loose you. I – I almost lost you last week.” She could hear his tears and the sadness in his voice and soon she found she was walking through the haze towards his voice. “I love you Liz.” What she heard next was so unexpected that she actually stopped to listen to what he was singing. It was one of her favourite songs because it summed up what their relationship was.

“Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.”

She whispered the words along as she continued to work her way through the haze. Soon there was light at the end of the darkness and Max could visibly see Liz’s lips moving in time to what he was singing, he was getting through so he kept on.

“You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.”

Her voice strained passed her lips as Liz finally emerged from the haze and was greeted by the handsome man that was her soul mate. In the depths of her mind she had almost forgotten the amber of his soulful eyes, every line and bump that was ingrained into his features. She had forgotten his scent, his true heart and the way she fit perfectly in his embrace. The singing stopped as they both smiled at one another.

“Liz,” He choked on his emotions as he brought himself closer into her body. They were just inches away from each other lips, yet neither moved as they were both feeling the warmth on their skin. “What happened? Why – why did I almost lose you?”

Liz’s eyes sparkled as she looked up at him. “I told you that you would never lose me… and you didn’t. I was just – upset.” Pressing her lips to his she took in his scent. It was warm, inviting and captivating. It always made her feel like she was home. She could always trust that Max was her home. “It’s- it was Jo.”

“Jo?” Max asked questioningly as he cupped her head with his hand.

Maria picked the offending item off the table and cautiously handed it to him. He didn’t even take it. The moment he saw the title he knew what had upset Liz so much and refused to read it. He started to tremble with pure anger and distrust. “Where is she?” He shot at Dan who had run into the room with Max earlier.

“I dunno.” He replied. “But I know someone who will. I’ll track her down.”

“No.” Max growled. “You are to stay here with Liz…”

“What?” Everyone asked as he lifted Liz off her feet and laid her on the window seat of the library.

Speaking mainly to Liz he said, “We don’t know where the hell she is… and I want someone to be with Liz and there is no one I trust more than you guys and Dan…and since everyone with fire power is coming with me… I think Dan with a gun won’t be a bad idea.” Tucking a lock of Liz’s hair behind her ear he sighed. “I know I am being overprotective… but it’s just”

“She makes you nervous?” Serena asked half finishing his question. When his eyes snapped to her she knew he had been feeling it to. “I’ve been feeling it to – so has Liz. I don’t think she is exactly normal or with the best intentions.”

“I still say you’re being paranoid,” Maria declared.

“Thought you hated Stalin’s guts.” Michael mused out loud.

“I do… it’s just – think of it this way. Jim had always made us nervous before we got to know him. He wasn’t an alien, he wasn’t FBI and he didn’t turn us in. She is just new to us so I think we are just reading in to it far far too much.”

Liz sat up bracing herself on Max’s shoulder as she did so. She felt so woosey all of a sudden but she was going to have her say. “I agree that maybe we are taking it all too far… but she scares me. There’s this- I dunno – feeling about her.”

“What like Dan?” Maria asked.

Max’s frowned as he glanced over to Dan. “You get feelings from Dan?” His voice was laced with jealousy and worry. Why hadn’t she told him this before?

Liz bit her lip before nodding her head. “A feeling – a feeling that I can trust him. The moment I saw him back at the Crash I just knew we could trust him. It’s the same with Jo, I get a feeling from her but this time it’s a nasty one. It’s like she wants to hurt us.”

“Ok,” Max replied, his voice soft and tender. “Now you are staying here with Dan. You and Maria can chat and we will be back as quickly as possible. I am going to have a few words with Jo.”
[/u]
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Hiya guys! Thank you for reading and thank you so so much for the feedback.

Flamehair
kittens
extingman
- I could never take your ranting the wrong way. It's just nice to know you're still reading :) and that you are liking the sequel.
tequathisy
begonia9508
Timelord31
Buffsteraddict
Erina

FEEDBACK IS MUCH ADORED

Part Six

“Did you know about the ‘feeling’ towards Dan?” Max demanded at Tess as he stormed through the building, his jaw clenched. He had an angry air about him and Tess couldn’t tell what was making it worse – Jo and her news article or Liz’s revelation about Dan. This was exactly why neither of them had told Max, he was going to free out majorly and question how Liz felt about him.

“I did,” She answered quietly. She backed up when with out warning Max swung round and stepped forward towards her, his eyes wild. Tess instantly wished that it was jealousy and not anger that tainted his amber pools. “But it’s not just her Max!” She cried defensively as she put up her shield out of fear. There was something in his eye that scared her.

Max recoiled once the shield was up and hung his head in shame. “I- I’m sorry – it’s just. – I’ve never seen Liz like that before. I’ve almost lost her twice in the space of a week or so.” He stopped to lean against the wall of the corridor. “Now this – why didn’t she tell me about these feelings?” He cried out of worry and concern. “Why couldn’t she tell me this? Is there something that I’m missing?”

“The fact we are still playing happy families with Matthew might just have something to do with it.” Tess sighed as she too leaned against the wall beside him. “Max, this hurts her more than you could know. When I was in her mind, I-I had this sense of Liz almost believing what Jo had written because of the way we have been acting.”

“She knows it’s not true.” Max started. How could Liz feel that she was a home wrecker? After everything they had gone through, through all the pain they had inflicted on each other they had still drifted back to each other. It was as if there was this invisible force that just drew them back together. It was like the moment in the elevator, when she was quite literally this different person, yet some how something had gotten them into the same elevator at the same time. After that events just unfolded and drew them back. It was like there was this force that didn’t want them apart. But he knew deep inside of himself that he had been hurting Liz through his actions.

“But it doesn’t seem that way. I know you didn’t want the whole world to know all the personal details about our relationships but I think you need to speak out about your relationship and quickly before Liz really does pick up this reputation.” Tess paused for a second to look down the corridor to check no one was around. “And the Dan thing – it’s not just Liz. It’s me as well but from what we can make out we are the only ones.”

“What’s it like?” He murmured as he looked to the floor. He didn’t know whether or not that he wanted to actually know the answer. On one hand he was worried that it was a sexual and instinctive feeling, a feeling that would pull her to Dan instead. Fear knotted up in his stomach at the idea that Liz felt drawn to Dan in the form of a lover. He couldn’t lose her again. Even though he didn’t want to know, somewhere in his gut he felt he had to know.

“Like we know him.” She replied. Cocking her head to look at Max, she sighed. With her fingertips she brought him back up to eye level. “I think Liz didn’t want to tell you about the feeling because – because we have found that when we are with him…”

“What?” Tess blushed slightly at Max’s tone of fear and worry. He truly was worried about the feeling Liz was having towards Dan. “What?”

She hesitated for a moment, wondering whether Liz should say it to Max instead, but the way Max was looking at her she just knew she had no choice but to tell him. “When we are with him – we – we have a habit to compare him to … compare him with - with you.”

“WHAT!” Max yelled as he repeated the words in his head. The whole entire time Liz was with Dan she was always comparing Dan to him.

“Don’t take it in that way. She feels nothing more than the feeling of knowing him – what’s more is the fact he seems to know us.”

“Of course he does!” Jo’s sweet and innocent voice interrupted their heated conversation. “The whole world knows you guys!” Her short quick strides quickly turned into a slow seductive walk towards them as her eyes fluttered over the two who were stood in the corridor talking to each other in hushed voices.

“Jo,” Max said with a coldness that visibly shocked her. Her innocent look of disbelief and hurt didn’t work though. Max didn’t care whether or not she played the victim or the guilty party; he wanted to speak his mind. “What you did was wrong Jo and completely incorrect. You don’t know the full story.”

“I think I do Max. It’s obvious that you and Tess were meant for each other.” Jo said this with such knowledge and sincerely with her head held high. She truly meant what she had written. “Don’t let Liz drive you to apart.”

“We are separated Jo,” Tess started to explain. “Doesn’t that mean a thing to you?”

Jo’s infamous smile crept along her face, brightening up the room like she always did. She was unbelievably pretty and she definitely knew it. It was her power over every man, woman and child. It was a smile that captivated the millions who had been interviewed by her. “Of course, but marriage means so much more than that. You both loved each other once and still do.”

Max said in a serious tone. “Yeah, we love each other.” He moved towards Tess, throwing an arm around her shoulders. Pulling her to his chest he said declared, “As friends. Nothing more and nothing less.”

“Oh come on!” Jo suddenly cried in frustration, something that hadn’t been seen at all by the Czechs in the time they had known her. “You are so comfortable with each other. You work well together and you have raised such a delightful little boy! You can’t say that didn’t mean anything! Can it?” Her eyes were wide with disbelief and her hands were now resting on her hips. Her once full lips were thin as she pursed them whilst she silently demanded an answer to her question.

“What you don’t understand is what Max and Liz have,” Michael answered for the couple as he rounded the corner having just heard Jo’s question. “They have something that transcends a life time that Max doesn’t even remember. They have gone through more together in the space of 6 months than Ava and Zan in their previous lives. You must be deranged to think that Max and Tess loved each other – when they are so hopelessly madly in love with other people.”

Jo looked up at the alien and answered seriously. “They are married – they must do.”

“You have no idea about the personal side of our lives and you haven’t seen Max and Liz at their best yet.” Isabel added as she and Kyle rounded the corner and stepped into the conversation. “They are playing it down at the moment for Matthew’s sake.”

“It’s sickening when they are together,” Tess started. “Its all gooey soul mate stares and I love you constantly whispered into each others ears.”

“Don’t forget the kisses,” Kyle reminded the group by making a Liz and Max impersonation. His lips pouted out as he tried desperately to kiss his hand, twisting it from to side to side in time with his head. “Actually - no… that doesn’t quite cut it. Lets have a demo.” Grabbing Tess by the shoulders he dipped her in his arms and kissed her passionately in the Max and Liz style. Jo was stood there for about 2 minutes, her mouth open wide with shock at the sight she was presented with.

“Oh – did we forget to tell you that Tess and Kyle are together now?” Max whispered into her ear. His voice then turned from playful to serious. “I want a formal apology made in the paper tomorrow and I want you to personally apologise to her. In her condition she really shouldn’t get so worked up that she burns tables with her bare hands and gets lost in her own mind.” Soon he was walking back down the way he came with the others, leaving Jo by herself dumbstruck. A sense of command and power fell over him.

“So?” He asked Tess as she stepped in time with him.

“Nothing. I couldn’t get in.”

“That doesn’t mean a thing.”

“Or it could mean something big”

“So… you feel things from me?” Dan smirked at the highly embarrassed Liz. She nodded her head quickly, blushing, and then turning away to the window, wishing whole heartedly that the earth would open up and swallow her. Not once did she wish him to know this because she knew full well he’d smirk at her in the exact way he was doing right now.

“Leave her alone Dan, it’s not like she is attracted to you.” Maria said as she skimmed her eyes over the books in front of her. She looked out of place in the room; she was still stood in her black cocktail dress, glamed up with her hair swept to one side with her make up perfect and dramatic. She was the star she had always wanted to be, but in amongst the oldest first edition books that lined the bookshelves she was out of place.

Liz shifted once again to look at Dan. Something was nagging at her. He was so familiar yet she knew, by just looking at him, that she hadn’t met this man before in her life. She studied every last feature and had compared them to Max. He had blonde hair and Max’s was brown. He had blue eyes, blue as the clearest ocean whereas Max had the deep mysterious amber eyes that she could fall into. His lips were nowhere near as full as Max’s. But the overwhelming stare, the presence and the way he had the power to turn her to a puddle by merely glancing at her was scarily similar to Max. He was like Max but wasn’t.

“Who are you?” She asked suddenly and unexpectantly. Liz hadn’t meant for it to come out at all and was shocked to feel the words tumble from her lips. Knowing full well she couldn’t escape the answer of the question she sighed. Throwing her arms around her body she waited nervously for him to say something.

He was sat in the chair his arms on his knees and his head in his hands. When she asked the question he sighed and rubbed his hands through his hair. “Dan Stevens, agent Dan Stevens. But I’d like to think that you knew me well enough to know who I am on the inside Liz.” What shocked Liz was the way he didn’t even sound surprised to hear it or even offended. The way he said it was as if he was suggesting that she knew who he was. “Think about it Liz.” She heard his voice in her ear as he lifted himself out of the chair he was sat in. She watched him move gracefully around the room in his white shirt, which was unbuttoned at the top with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow. She didn’t ask again, just settled on watching his movements.

“So when are you going tell him?” He was back in the chair now. How long had Liz been staring at him? Did she black out? Did she fall sleep? Was this a side effect of the pregnancy – the loss of time and space and control over powers? Was she taken over by mini evil aliens desperate to take over her mind? All these questions were running through her mind until he asked his again. “So are you going to tell him?”

She just kept staring at him, a vacant expression on her face not completely understanding what he was asking her. “What do you mean?”

“Max – when are you going to tell him that whole situation over there,” He pointed at the burn out shell that used to be a grant oak table. “Was not just because of Jo or everything that is going on. When are you going to tell him that because of that damn article you think that the public are gonna see you as a whore as well as a murderer. When are you going to tell him that was the reason of your mental break down?”

Liz shyed away from him turning her complete attention to the scenery outside. “You don’t know what you’re on about,” she replied coldly.

“Don’t I?” He said just as coldly in response. “If anything I am probably the only one who has noticed the fact that when ever someone merely mentions what you did your skin crackles with green electricity and you go pale. If someone just so looks at you funny, you practically break down. You hear the word murder and you practically faint.”

Liz didn’t move. “You have no idea what you are on about Dan.” She said this more strongly than she did before, to Maria it sounded like a mere warning to Dan.

Shifting in his seat he sighed loudly and whispered “Whatever.” under his breath. This had the effect he wanted, her head snapped round and fury could be see in her stare.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“What ever you want it to mean. If you believe that Khivar and the fact you killed him on television, for the whole world to see, isn’t bothering you, then that’s fine. But I highly doubt that’s the case.” He stopped there and just waited for her to start. He had always been good at drawing things out of people and now he planned to get Liz to face the fact Khivar was bothering her.

“Well – That is the case.”

“Lies.” He coughed. “Damn lies.”

Liz snapped another glare at him. “What the hell do you know?” She practically screeched. “You have only known me – what? – a week and you have the NERVE to decide what I am feeling?”

“I just know.”

“You don’t know anything.” Liz denyed as she stood up and went towards the door.

“Fine, Liz! Just run away from me – you know I’m right!” He calmly declared as she walked past him. “I know that every time you look in the mirror or at yourself in the paper you feel sick because what you see is a cold blooded murderer. You’re not but that’s what you see and you’re afraid to tell Max just in case he turns around and tells you that you are a cold blooded killer and goes back to Tess. You’re scared that he won’t love you any more.” He could feel her tense up as she slowed down her charge towards the door. He could literally picture in his mind her hands tightening into fists and could visibly see the lines of electricity cover her body. He could hear her breathing get louder and louder as the rage and tears welled up inside her. He didn’t want to do this but he had to if she was going to face the fact that he was right and confront her own demons. “It will only get worse Liz. You’re baby will grow up watching the footage that had you and the others exposed and all the time you will worry whether or not your baby considers you a murderer.”

“Shut up,” She whispered angrily

“What was that Liz? I didn’t quite hear ya? Did ya say that I was right?” Dan asked, his real accent starting to leak out, as he quietly took himself out of the chair he was sitting in.

“Shut up,” she said - this time more sharply.

“Sorry Liz – I don’t think I heard ya right… Did ya say that I was right?” He was driving her to her limit he could feel it in the air. Maria couldn’t even move or protest to the whole situation, she just didn’t have the power to stop him and he knew that. “Do ya consider yaself to be a murderer when ya really shouldn’t?”

That was it for Liz. That was the final straw. She seethed rage as he continued to aggravate her. When she didn’t answer his last comment she heard him chuckle to himself lightly and breathe out the words ‘I thought so’. With that Liz, with tears rolling down her cheeks, swung round aiming a light fireball at his chest screaming “FOR CHRIST’S SAKE ZAN – SHUT THE FUCK UP!”
[/u]
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Hiya guys! Well I knew that the last revolation would confuse the hell out of you... hehe. All is explained now. Enjoy

Btw Thanks to the following:
tequathisy - I am now
begonia9508 - Yeah she is a bitch and you haven't see nothing yet. We won't be seeing her for a while but watch out for her later on.
Timelord31
Jennifer24 - Glad to hear I made you super excited :):)
mlover25 - I know it was rude :P but that's the way I work
Buffsteraddict - Believe it. I think I have an addiction to cliff hangers. It's a problem.
nibbles2
Flamehair
Erina

FEEDBACK IS NEEDED!! I'D LOVE YOU FOR LIFE IF YOU FEEDBACK *smiles sweetly* please

Part seven.

She stood with her mouth wide open as she heard her own words echo around the grand library and saw the way Dan just produced a shield out of nowhere to absorb the shot she fired at him. Her hand remained out stretched, her mouth still open. She was in shock, her eyes were wide and tears stained her cheeks. Her long brown tresses stuck to the salty water. She quivered as she felt her anger at herself just disappear, felt her frustration draining from her body as she just stood there, with her mouth open.

Maria stood to the side, her eyes wide with shook. Had Liz actually said that? From behind she heard footsteps approaching, she already knew it was Max. As soon as he saw Liz, her body defensive, he started to run towards the door. A small arm got in his way, stopping him. “Don’t Max.” Maria mumbled. “Just listen and watch.” Reluctantly he nodded and stood tensed by Maria.

“What’s going on?” Asked Tess as the rest of the group came to join them.

“Just watch and listen.” Maria replied hesitantly, hoping she was making the right decision about this.

“Don’t think badly about your self suga,” He said softly as he let his shield down. “I deserved it all.” When Liz didn’t move an inch he nodded. “Do-Do ya want me to change to –ya know – be more accepting?”

“Who are you?” She whimpered as she remained exactly the way she was. This couldn’t be him. He was dead. Ava said so.

He smiled slightly, tinged with disbelief. “Ya know the answer to that one already Liz. Ya just screamed out my name.”

Liz shook her head fiercely as she pushed her arm out further. “No. No. That man is dead.” He was – wasn’t he? He had to be.

“You the hell told ya that one? Eh? Rath? Lonnie?” Taking a step forward he sighed. “Aves… it was Aves wasn’t it?”

“They all did actually.” She snapped. “And since Ava is – was – a close friend to me I’d like to thing she was telling me he truth.”

“So – she did the nicest thing a best friend could do - she screwed ya over.”

“Well – well she might have but- but in the long run I knew her.” Liz tried to defend herself.

“But ya couldn’t tell when she was lying to ya?”

“If you are him – tell me. Why did Ava lie to me?” Liz lashed out. “Why did they all tell us that you were dead – that you rolled under a god damn truck!” Her eyes remained wide with shock as she yelled out in anger. Her head was telling her it wasn’t him , that he was now ash due to Rath and Lonnie pushing him under a truck. But her heart hammered away at her. Zan. Zan. Zan.

A sad smile crossed his face. “They weren’t the family I thought they were, ya know. They didn’t care about anything else other than themselves and getting ‘home’. When I didn’t wanna follow the plan they got angry… so I left. I knew if I didn’t – they’d kill me.” Shrugging he muttered, “They said I was dead cos they knew if I was still ‘alive’ then Max wouldn’t have gone to the damn summit.”

“Anyone could come up with an explanation that lame!” She laughed. “Do you actually believe that I should believe that fob story.”

“Ya one to talk suga, ya believed in aliens.”

“That’s because Max proved it to me – he saved my life repairing the damage a bullet made. You haven’t proved a thing. If you’re him – prove it because the last time I heard you couldn’t shape shift or change your appearance.”

“What? Ya think you’re the only one who can?” He smirked at the look on Liz’s face. “Yes I know about the fact ya changed your appearance when Matthew was in hospital.” Putting his hands up in defence he cried, “But that’s because Serena told me. She’s quite the talker sometimes – ya just have to get her to open up.”

“You still haven’t proved it,” Liz mumbled nervously as she started to doubt whether or not Zan was actually dead. But it couldn’t be Zan – surely? Why did he keep his first name so close to what it was originally? Why not call himself some exotic?

“Fine, I will.” He grumbled. “But I want ya to know that this is gonna be bloody confusing… ya know the two of us being around.”

“Whatever,” Liz grumbled with annoyance. “Just do it!”

With that he took a step back from Liz put both hands together. He took one small smile at Liz before closing his eyes shut and taking a deep breath. Suddenly a bright light surrounded his body that seemed to shake him from the inside out. Liz squinted and gasped as she witnessed him fling his head back, his mouth opening to let the scream that filled the room escape him. His skin started to twist and contort itself, his whole body started to shake violently as he disappeared further into the bright light.

A slight hum could be heard as his screams died down and the light began to fade. Liz finally brought her hand down as the light disappeared and the body of a man slumped to the floor.

“Liz” Max warned as she started to step forward.

“Max.” She replied as she looked back at him. She could see the worry and concern that graced his features. “You have nothing to worry about.” When he shook his head she said more sternly. “Trust me.”

Turning back to the body that lay on the marble floor of the room she gasped as she watched the trembling figure start to move. His fine and detailed back was to her. Desperate to see who he was, she moved towards him. Once she reached him she fell to her knees. His breathing was heavy yet fast. He groaned as she laid her hands on his body and started to pull him over, so she could finally take a look at him.

Liz’s eyes were shut as she did so. For some reason she just didn’t want to be right, there was something about it that made her want to turn away because she just knew that this would bring one more problem to the table. But she had to. When he was finally on his back she opened them slowly. There before her was the amber eyes she had fallen in love with, yet they lacked the spark, innocence and love Max had. His brown locks short and spiky instead of the slightly floppy mane Max was sporting these days. Yet he was there on the floor before her, his stare penetrating her soul.

There before her on the floor, trembling slightly was Zan.

“Zan?” Snapped Max as he watched Liz and Zan just staring at each other. Neither had moved, their bodies like statues as they just looked at each other and it was starting to worry him. His blood boiled and his gut twisted with worry as Liz leant down and hugged him tightly.

“It makes so much sense now,” Tess wondered out loud. When the others turned to her she blushed and continued “That’s why me and Liz recognised him and was comparing him to you, Max. He is you.”

“No – No he’s not,” Liz, added quickly and loudly. “He’s completely different to Zan. Zan is more alien than Max.” Quietly moving from the spot where she was knelt, she offered out a hand to Zan and helped him up from the floor. “He looks like Max, but he’s different. You have to remember they have lived completely separate lives.”

“That’s right,” Zan agreed as he looked towards Max. Taking a step towards him he opened up to his dupe. “Max, ya have nothing to fear over the feeling Liz got from me. She was just recognising the elements of ya in me. Got that? I promise ya, as a brova, that I would never try it on and I think we both know Liz well enough to know she wouldn’t do that to ya.”

Max’s jaw clenched slightly and he stepped back. “You are not my brother.” He growled under his breath, obviously angry.

“What’s wrong Max?” Maria asked quietly as she placed her hand on Max’s shoulder.

“The fact that he has been lying to us this whole time.” Michael barked at her. “You may well trust him but why should we?”

Maria snapped back, “Why do you always have to be so defensive before you even ask why he did it!” Moving closer to Tess she growled, “And I trust Liz’s judgement… something I wish you’d do at some point!”

“Why should I when she wasn’t here for four bloody years and don’t forget what her judgement was like with bloody Ava!”

Anger and pain overwhelmed Liz and although she desperately tried to keep them at bay, her emotions started to surface as the green electricity ran down her arm, seen through the white long sleeved top she was wearing.

“Shut it Michael!” Max snapped back at him as his gaze drifted to the green light. “Ava was controlling Liz then, this is different. Zan is my dupe – he can’t mindwarp or control in the exact same way I can’t!”

“So why is he here?” Isabel enquired gently, trying her best to not aggravate Michael further.

“To kill us all maybe?” Michael replied angrily.

Sparks jumped between her fingers, as Liz remained silent and listening.

“We could just, you know, ask him?” Kyle suggested with an exaggerated shrug. “Might get us some more answers than standing here talking about it between ourselves.” Sarcasm filled the room as his voice drifted.

“Are ya okay?” Zan asked Liz worriedly as he watched her fingers spark and her face turn pale. Taking a sharp worried look towards Max he called out for Max to step forward and take Liz.

“She’s fine,” Michael grumbled, blocking Max with his arm, before he could move more than a step towards Liz. “Now answer this… Why did you lie to us?”

“That’s not important right now,” Zan started to explain. “Liz is.”

“You think we’re going to let you touch her – or believe a word you say without getting answers first?” Michael shouted. “Tell us why you lied to us!”

“Because I had to!” Zan yelled in response as he noticed Liz starting to sway slightly and her eyes glaze over. He could tell she was still reeling from the comment Michael had thrown at him and it was visible to see she wasn’t taking it well.

“Why?” Serena asked quickly as she barged past the blockade that was Max and Michael.

Zan’s expression softened as he took in Serena, her brown locks tumbling around her shoulders, her posture perfect and her face the image of power and control. He didn’t remember much from his past life, but what he did remember was Serena. She had been an old friend to Vilandra who he had admired from afar. He wasn’t lying to Max when he said that he wasn’t going to make any moves towards Liz; he honestly didn’t want to. He wanted Serena.

He didn’t yell in response this time, his voice turned warm as he explained, “I infiltrated the FBI a while ago, avoiding blood work and such. To them I was Dan Stevens so they never checked it again. Anyway – I quickly moved up the ladder ‘til I was practically running it. Sadly, I wasn’t in charge when ya were in the white room bro.” He watched his dupe’s expression turn to one of horror for a split second as he remembered the torture but before he knew it, it was gone. “I would have done anything to have gotten ya out of there, I hope ya understand that.”

“Continue,” Isabel edged on with annoyance in her voice, making everyone think she was just frantic for answers yet Zan knew it was to get the focus off her brother. Just like Vilandra, she loved her brother fiercely and he was jealous of that; Lonnie had not once cared about him in the slightest.

“Well – for a while now there have been reports of people going missing n then turning up a few days later, completely changed. They became – and I don’t use this phrase lightly – almost alien to their family and friends. After a couple months they would be found dead.”

“What’s this got to do with us?” Michael said in frustration. This was taking longer than expected and he was known for not having much patience.

“The silver hand print. That’s what!” Zan retorted. “What was even more worrying was the fact it was coming closa and closa towards ya. I mean, I suspect they were in Roswell cos a body was found just a week ago just outside the state. It seems this person jumps from body to body, or shape shifts into the chosen person. Anyway, why I’m here and lied to ya about it. It’s because I think that they are here.”

“Here?” Kyle cried.

“Yup, ‘fraid so.” Zan confirmed. “The fact there was anotha body found, this time inside Roswell, the day ya were exposed points to it. This is so unlike them, usually they stay put for at least 2 months but nah, this time there was just about a week in between bodies. Believe me when I say, they are here.” He paused, a look of certainty on his face. “I can feel them.”

Watching Liz’s reaction made him wish he hadn’t of bothered getting closer to the group, if he had known that it would cause Liz this much pain he would have rethought the plan. But he needed them now. Her eyes were welling up, he could see it in the way she was blinking hard to stop them spilling over her lashes. He watched her take a deep breath before, suddenly, he found him lunging forward grabbing her in his arms as she lost all consciousness.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Heya guys! Just a note to say that next monday I won't be posting the next part - mainly because it's easter and I need to relax this week. So I apologise for the non-existant post next week.

Thank you to the following for their feedback. I love ya guys! You're giving me the will to carry on :)
Erina - Nah. Zan shall be harmless in regards to Liz :)
maya
extingman
tequathisy
begonia9508
Flamehair
mlover25
Buffsteraddict
Jennifer24
Timelord31

FEEDBACK IS LOVED. WILL MAKE ME CARRY ON!

Part eight. – some lines were taken from the pilot

"Now look what you did!" Maria screamed at Michael in fury as she launched herself at him, throwing all her might into the punches.

"This isn't my fault!" Michael growled in defence, throwing him arms across his chest in defiance as he pushed Maria away.

"Yes it is!" Max snapped as he quickly ran to Zan and Liz, guilt thumping away at his chest

“FUCKING HELL!” Zan screamed as came in contact with Liz’s body. “Quick! Someone help me! She’s literally burning - burning me!” He cried through clenched teeth. The green electricity was sparking through Liz’s shirt on to his bare arms, as he put her onto the window seat with the help of Max. As soon as he let go he screamed in agony. “And I thought shape shifting was painful!” Bringing his shaking hand to his left forearm he muttered, “If it hurts me; how the hell must if feel for her?”

Max knelt on the floor next to Liz, shaking his head as he did so. His hands trembled as they hovered just inches from her body, trying to gauge if she was okay. “I have no idea. Why- why didn’t see tell me about this whole thing? Why couldn’t she tell me that this was happening?”

“She’s ashamed bro.” Was the short, sharp and blunt reply that was laced with harsh reality. He ran his own hands over his bare arms.

“Of what?” Max asked simply. “There is nothing she has to be ashamed about.”

Admiring his healing work Zan breathed out a deep sigh of disbelief. “Have ya just forgotten that last week she killed a man on camera and that footage some how managed to just work it’s way into the public eye? Man, I thought I was dense.”

“She- she can’t?” Tess gasped as she neared the twins.

“She does…” Isabel admitted awkwardly as every one questioned her inwardly. “I’ve – I’ve been visiting her dreams… and recently they have been about Khivar and the fact she – she knew how to save him by locking him away in the granolith but she didn’t want to. And – and because of it she feels like she is a murderer.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Max exclaimed from his seat on the floor. He was now holding Liz’s hand, the electricity burning him yet he didn’t care, he just needed to feel her. To share her pain; to be with her and hoping in that someway the pain, which he was inflicting on himself, would take the hard feeling of guilt subside. But it didn’t. Nothing he could do would ever ease the pain of knowing he had let his soul mate down.

“I didn’t think it was that much of a big deal and plus I-I thought you knew.” She mumbled. “Obviously you didn’t.”

Max’s gaze fell to the floor. “I should have known.” He whispered behind the tears that were now falling. “I should have known.”

“You couldn’t have had. You’ve been busy Max… plus there’s the situation with Matthew.” Tess reasoned with him as she watched the tears fall. They were tearing her apart, although she didn’t love Max romantically he was still her friend and to see him cry hurt her.

“That’s no excuse.” Max sighed as he smiled sadly at his wife. “I should have known. I should have been watching her like a hawk… like I promised myself I would.”

“Hey, hey.” Maria said as she knelt beside Max. “Girl - Don’t do this. Don’t feel guilty about something that is in the past – you have to focus on how you’re gonna change it.”

There was a moment’s silence, as everyone didn’t know what to say to one another. This last hour had been so full of revelations and drama that they just couldn’t form the words. Stepping forward Serena looked at Zan with a worried yet clear mind. “Jo.” She stated out loud. It was so random everyone just looked at her as if she was crazy. “It makes sense doesn’t it? We are all having weird feelings from her; she’s being a complete bitch to everyone…”

“And don’t forget I couldn’t get into her head earlier,” Tess added as the train of thought was let loose. “Either she has no thoughts at all and doesn’t think much or she knows how to block her mind from someone like me. That only means one thing – she’s the alien Zan’s been tracking.”

“No.” Zan stated shaking his head. “I’ve been working with her for months.”

“But didn’t you say that the person’s moods just change suddenly when they are taken?” Michael questioned as he leant on a bookshelf.

Zan nodded. “I did. But believe me Jo hasn’t changed in the slightest, nice as pie to ya face – especially if she likes ya or thinks that she can get anywhere and total bitch the next.”

“So why is she kissing Max and Tess’ butt?” Michael asked confused.

“Probably because if she can save their marriage that would place her in Max’s good books… she might possibly get something out of it.” Zan thought out loud. It made sense in a weird and twisted way. But why attack Liz so viciously? After all she did kill a man on TV without more than her hands, shouldn’t that frightened her? “But I think we should still keep an eye on her – ya know, just in case.”

The little groan that escaped Liz’s lips, stopped the conversation short and Max began fussing the others out as he took her to her room.

“Max?” She mumbled in confusion as she pushed herself up in the bed. She could just about smell him in the room, either he was still there or had been there just minutes before. Slumping back on to her back she sighed. Maybe it was her smelling things? * Is there even such a notion? * She thought to herself mockingly as she ran a smooth hand over her face.

She paused.

There were footsteps by the bathroom. They were soft and almost inaudible yet she could hear it perfectly. It was one other trick she had learnt over the years whilst trying to remain out of Khivar’s clutches; she could hear the small things that most would consider to be nothing. These footsteps were soft to avoid waking her up, yet hesitant, as if the person just didn’t want to leave and instantly she knew who it was. Leaning back up on to her arms she pushed herself up to inspect the man who was wondering around her room.

In the darkness she could only make out his shadow. Tall and muscular, every muscle was defined and cared for like they had always been before. *He still works out* She mused to herself as she admired the sculpture that was stood before her. It was funny to think that after all the intimate moments and the time she had spent with him since she had come back, she didn’t even take the time to notice what had changed about him. She probably didn’t because of the fact he was almost exactly the same as he was the moment she had left Roswell. The only thing being the way in which she could read him like an open book, she just couldn’t do that any more and was taken back for a moment as she realised she missed that. She missed that feeling of closeness that she had lost because of the Future Max.

“Max?”

The footsteps paused and the sculpture swung round. “Hey,” He spoke gently into the darkness. She could sense his sadness through the dark and she wanted to take it away.

“I’m sorry,” She started hesitantly. “I-I don’t know why I didn’t tell you about – about the way I feel about K-Khivar and my powers being out of wack.”

The silhouette of his head shook slightly. “You have nothing to be sorry for – it’s-it’s me that has to be sorry. I-I should have – have noticed.”

“Maybe,” Liz replied. She couldn’t deny the fact she had wanted Max to notice there was something wrong and take her away from the situation and drill it into her head that she wasn’t a murderer. But she just ended up seeing less and less of him as he was off to parties and formal balls and soon she just didn’t see him enough for him to see through her masks.

“But today – I decided that I wasn’t going to ponder and worry about the past.” The figure started to move slowly to the bed. “For at least one moment, I want to take all your pain away.” The flicker of the amber pools caught Liz’s breath as he sat down beside her. “I’ve been – been too preoccupied to realise what’s important to me.” She started to tremble as she felt his breath on her bare arms.

*I could have sworn I was wearing a long sleeved top earlier. * She thought to herself, giggling inwardly to think that Max had been there undressing her.

His warm hand crept up her arm, leaving a trail of Goosebumps along her tanned skin as he did so. She quivered slightly at his touch, suddenly full of passion that she just couldn’t describe. It was a passion that she had thought, up until recently, was dead and buried. But after four years of denial, one moment with Max, up in her room had changed it all. Her heart pounded as she remembered that moment.

*****Flashback*****

She slowly stood from the bed and made her way to the window, where her eyes met the figure that was stood on the balcony, tears falling down his cheeks as well.

Their eyes locked. Amber and green melted into one as they caressed each other’s souls, smiles upon their faces. Feelings of unspoken love filled their hearts as they gazed into each other’s heart and soul, showing each other just how much they needed one another. Love spoke to each soul, erasing bruises that were on each beating heart, through a hand from each person placed on the windowpane that just separated them. After what seemed like hours Liz took her hand away from the pane, lifted the pages of the diary up to the window and pressed them up against it. Her eyes continued to watch him as words filtered into her mind. She couldn’t hear them but she knew what he was thinking as he turned to the ladder and made his way down. His eyes were still locked in hers as he made his way down and the whole time he sent her the words.

*You are welcome*

That one moment had led them back to each other. They had finally found each other after four years of running away from the truth and now, through the way his lips were just inches form her skin, she knew that there was no denying it at that moment.

“Now I know what I need to do to – to make you realise what you really are to me.” His soft whisper felt like warm silk over her skin as he trailed kisses along her shoulder and over her neck. “I need to show you just how special you are – and how I see you.” Pulling away, he met her eyes in the darkness. “Just like the night at the Crash, when I-I”

“Bared your soul to me,” Liz spoke gently. She remembered that moment well. She could still feel his pure loneliness if she concentrated hard enough, but the one thing that had stood out when she remembered that moment was the way she looked through his eyes. He saw her as being beautiful, near to perfection and an angel. When she looked in the mirror she saw this dull woman staring back at her, but through his eyes, she was stunning. The air around her sparkled and everything surrounding her was bright. He loved her. It was that simple.

“I want you to see that even after everything that has happened, underneath it all I still see you as you. It’s always been you for me… after everything that we have gone through and said to one another – it’s always been you Liz.” She gasped as she felt him cup her cheek and smooth away the silent tears that graced her cheeks. “I’ve saved you three times… and each time I have felt a little bit closer to you. And every time this reality that I love you has knocked the wind out of me. You should have seen me the moment you collapsed in the crash when you came back to me. I was a complete mess.” Letting his head loll as he remembered that day he mumbled through his small sobs, “I-I didn’t even recognise you. Then I felt so – so guilty that you didn’t feel that you could come to me… I thought I had driven you so so far away to the point you felt you’d rather die.” He swallowed a sob “As-as I laid my hands over you… I-I thought you hated me.”

“I could never feel any differently about you,” Liz quickly stated wholeheartedly as she let her forehead against his.

“In the same way I couldn’t when it comes to you.” Dragging her into his arms, he brushed away a lock of her hair to see her fully. “Believe me, nothing you do or say could make me think any less of you. You aren’t a murderer.” Seeing her wince and start to protest Max placed one finger on her lips. “There are two things in this life that you should always know is true. One - I love you and that will never change. It hasn’t over the four years we were apart so I know for a fact it will never change. Second - what you did… what you did was to save everyone you loved and complete strangers. It took some serious courage to do what you did and to tell you the truth – you needed the release. You have been living with your demons for about four years… you needed the closure and to not live with the fear Khivar filled you with.”

Placing a kiss on her forehead he trembled from what Liz’s mere presence was doing to him. His heart was hammering away at his chest as he took in her sweet scent and the way her bare arms felt under his touch. He was in pure heaven when he was around her. “You are not a murderer and you are not a home wrecker either. No matter what you may think or whatever someone may say remember that. I believe in you Liz, I know the truth.” Gently taking her hand he placed it over his heart and whispered, “All that matters right now is that you know that you are the world to me. I couldn’t think anything differently about you – and I am here to show you that.”

Slowly she felt his body shift and felt him lifting her into the air to sit her on the bed. He knelt before her.

“I have to touch you,” He said tentatively as he placed his hands on either side of her head, just like in the way he did when this all started. He knew he didn’t need to say it but he felt like they needed to be reminded of a time that was so simple, pure and uncomplicated so they could focus on the simple things and forget everything outside the room.

The connection was immediate, taking Liz by surprise. As she gasped for air the flashes filled her mind.

****Flash****
Liz stood by the counter, dressed in her crash down uniform, a smile on her beautiful face as she wiped down the counter surface. She was about 16, probably a week or so before the shooting because she had this innocence about her. This innocent naivety that surrounded her. She stood out amongst the rest, her body giving off an angelic white light as she moved around the room.

She could feel the wonderment he felt when he watched her from afar. Even though he hardly knew her, she felt that he always sensed that he knew her inside and out.

*****Flash*****
She was pacing the floor, her eyes glued to the paper she held in her hand. A pen graced her lips and she was mumbling to herself. Her hair was pinned up in a rough manner, letting small thin tendrils fall out of place softly. Blue pen coloured her fingers.

She groaned inwardly as she watched herself pace around the room, holding the science paper as if she was going to die if she were to drop it. To her she looked a mess. But to Max, to Max she was everything but a mess. She could feel it as strongly as his heart beat that was beating in time with hers. Even when she thought looked a state, he couldn’t see anything wrong with her.

*****Flash*****
Liz sat crying in the corner, her head in her hands. Her suitcase lay flat on the bed, clothes randomly shoved in from all angles.

Fresh tears fell as she watched the scene Max had witnessed. It was the day he had declared his wish, his malevolent wish and it was the day she had known it was over forever. She had thought he hated her, but the tears weren’t from the remembrance of the hurt he had caused her. They fell because she felt his pain as he watched her cry. She could feel how he yearned to crawl through the window and hold her all night, telling her it was ok; tell her he didn’t mean a damn word. She could feel the force that stopped him; she could feel Ava’s influence over him that had him walking away.

*****Flash*****
She was sat in the middle of a meadow, her long hair wavy and blowing lightly in the breeze. Standing up she padded gracefully towards a small pool of clear water. Around her floated gorgeous bottle blue butterflies and white roses surrounded the small pool, which rippled as she placed her slender fingers into the warm water. Glancing up there on the opposite side of the pool to her was Max, standing tall amongst the roses. His stare was strong yet warm and loving and his hand was out stretched. He was waiting for her.

Liz sighed as she realised that was the dream she had had just the other night.

“Did it work?” He whispered uncertainly in to the dark.

Liz nodded slowly as her eyes flickered over his face for an answer and in complete and utter wonderment. She should have been used to the wonderment she would feel after connecting to Max, but still after all this time she couldn’t form it into words or stop her staring.

When Max realised why she was questioning him about the last flash he blushed. “I was there too. I was on the opposite side of that pool.” He whispered as he let his hands fall from her face. “Even when I sleep I find my way to you, Liz. I am supposed to be here with you, I feel that. Nothing you have done will change that… Because deep down I know that-that you’re my world Liz and I love you.”

She bit her lip as she took in his voice, hearing the sincerity of the words which just washed away any feeling of doubt that had laced itself around her heart. “I love you,” She cried quietly through her tears before she gripped on to his frame for dear life and suddenly she needed to be around him and just feel his body pressed to hers. A smile erupted over her lips as she realised, Max needed just the same. Suddenly she could feel him in her heart again.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

And I'm back :D Hope ya missed me last week ;) Like I promised here is the new part for your enjoyment!

Firstly thank you to the following people for their feedback:
Asabetha
angeleyes
Buffsteraddict
tequathisy
begonia9508
Flamehair
Erina
Jennifer24
Timelord31

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK. I will love you for life ;)

Part nine.

“Whoa.” Michael exclaimed as they pulled outside the hotel. “It’s huge!” There before him stood a hotel that had at least 12 floors with large luscious grounds that surrounded it. Full leafy green trees and shrubs surrounded the tall building that had a huge glass entrance that marvelled the people who had stepped out of the car. Round the side there was a line of black, tinted windowed, BMVs. To the left of that stood all the Locacks left in service to the royal four.

“When I said hotel – I really wasn’t thinking this.” Tess gasped in shock as she stepped out of the limo into the bright Roswell sun. She stood marvelling at the sight before her, shielding her eyes as she did so. How didn’t she know that this place was in Roswell?

“Neither did I,” Max replied in a low tone, “But you know what the government is like. Probably don’t want to piss us off with shabby accommodation.”

“I wouldn’t complain if I were ya bro,” Zan muttered out loud. He was still Zan at this point. They had finally decided that it was best to come clean to the public who and what he was. This was mainly to get the public on their side and because of the pain he went through every time he changed his appearance. So far they hadn’t been told the reaction to the latest news yet something in the pit of Zan’s stomach suggested that they were going to – soon. “These are some sweet digs.”

“Maybe to you” Serena snapped with disgust. She couldn’t place why she was always snapping at Zan but for the time she didn’t care. Everything he did or said was annoying and she had only known him for the total of a day. *lord help me* she thought to herself. “But for those of us who like our privacy and normalcy this is a bloody nightmare. The public won’t be able to miss us when we are living in this thing! We will turn into the world’s biggest attraction!”

“Here ye! Here ye! Come look at the alien freaks of Roswell New Mexico!” Michael howled in response, a grin on his face as he received the shot that Zan sent him. “Oh come on! The one time I try to have some fun and you shoot me down!”

“You’re just not funny and let it be a lesson to you Spaceboy,” Maria mumbled as she elbowed him squarely in the ribs. “Believe it or not, not all of us are aliens… remember?”

His voice laced with sarcasm Michael stepped back from Maria as he said, “What – you aren’t an alien freak? Could have fooled me.” Soon he was in a full sprint up the steps led to the grand entrance of the hotel Maria in toe, her cheeks flustered with rage and excitement, which made Liz smile. She could see that for once this might have its upsides, they were starting to rebuild their broken down bridges.

“Daddy?” Matthews soft high voice rang out. “Which room is mine?” Liz’s gaze shifted to Matthew who was now stood nervously by Max’s side, their hands laced together. She smiled at the way father and son interacted, Max was so tender with Matthew it was like opening a window on to an aspect of him she just didn’t get to see when they were younger. It was one of those moments, as she watched Max ruffled Matthew’s blonde curls that his mother had blessed him with, which took her breath away. Once again she was reminded just why she loved the man that was stood just metres in front of her.

“Come on. I’ll show you.” He whispered cheerfully as he lifted his son and swung him on to his shoulders. Holding on to his sons hands he looked towards Liz. “You coming?” He asked softly nervously. He wanted Liz to come with them, to get to know his son but he knew that she needed some time to herself right now.

“No.” She replied with a smile. “You two need some time to yourself. Any way – I’m sure he’d like you to show him the pool. Don’t you Matthew?” When he nodded enthusiastically, his eyes wide with excitement with his blonde hair bouncing frantically around his head, she laughed. “I think that’s a yes. From you’re little guy.” Moving closer she pressed a kiss to Max’s cheek. She lingered there for a few moments remembering the night before and when his soft sweet smell evaded her senses. She just wanted to take him in her arms and do unspeakable things to his body. But she couldn’t. They were outside. In the public. “Anyway,” She breathed nervously as she realised Matthews gaze was now angrily fixated on her. She shifted slightly, looping her fingers in her trousers. “I want to have some time to myself, you know, find my bearings.”

“Ok.” Max replied sadly. He really had wanted her to come with him. Matthew was going to accept her one day; he was going to see how beautiful she was in the inside. Just like he had so long ago when he stepped off the bus for school. He had known instantly how beautiful she was inside. “So I’ll – I’ll see you later.” He paused for a moment letting his eyes linger on her pretty face before he dragged himself away and up the stairs of the hotel.

“Right,” sighed Isabel as she lifted Sophie out of the car. “I don’t know about you, but we are beat.” She tried to stifle a yawn unsuccessfully, which just made her smile with embarrassment. “So we are off to find our rooms and then going for some much – much – much” she yawned again, which crunched her face up. Alex’s arm swung round her shoulders and with a smile he declared.

“For some much needed sleep – is what I think my beautiful wife was trying to tell you.” He stood tall and proud as she smiled up at him. “So we shall leave you to it.”

One by one the rest of the group disappeared until it was just Tess and Liz stood side by side looking up at the place that they were to call home. “This – this isn’t home to me,” Liz choked slightly as she realised just how home sick she had been for the last week. To some extent she knew the feeling was part of the years in which she had stayed away from everything that she had defined as home.

“What time we will be expecting you for dinner?” Tess replied simply. She knew Liz needed to go into the town, to go home even just for an hour. It was still morning so she had as much time as she wanted, but Tess still didn’t want her wandering off for too long. After everything that had happened in the last couple of weeks, she wanted to watch over the person she considered to be a close, if not her best, friend.

Liz shone with thanks as she started to back away from the building and back towards the front gates. “I’ll be no later than 5.”

“Make sure you take some one with you.”

“I will,” Liz shouted behind her as she ran towards the gates, freedom finally washing over her.

She walked down the dusty road that led to the hotel, glowing from head to toe as she took in the surroundings. It was so nice to just see the desert once again. Not once had she thought she would ever miss it, but now as she took it all in she realised that she did. She didn’t realise that they were so far out of town. She supposed that was because she hadn’t looked out the window once when they were travelling there, she’d just been too excited that Max was sat next to her holding her hand tightly, whispering sweet words of love in her ear.

When she had set out of the gates she had only just been able to see the town, but now it was just in front of her. Welling up she started to blink heavily and break out into a sprint towards the tarmac road that lead to the main one. Seeing cars she started to slow and just watch. It felt so normal for once to witness something as normal as a car, a small family within. Liz just imagined the laughter or the argument that could be going on inside and yearned for it, yearned to be nearer to it. So she continued her arms wrapped around herself as she stepped into the town, without any Locacks ignoring Tess’ last words to her.

At first no one noticed her as she walked quietly, looking in every window. Everyone was too busy in their own worlds to notice one of the most recognised faces in the world. She hummed to herself as she moved around slowly, taking every last detail in. Her eyes danced over every small thing that fluttered around in the Roswell sun, as if she was truly seeing it for the first time. A week of nothing but walls had made her feel caged, now she felt free.

Stepping into the sun she breathed in the fresh air she had lacked for the last week. Breathing it out, she froze. Turning her head around she saw the murmurs begin slowly but surely as people started to slow down in the middle of the street. Everything came to a stand still as they all stopped to stand and stare. Surrounding her stood many of the occupants of Roswell, their fingers pointing and their whispers filling the air. Now she knew what Michael and Serena had meant earlier. It was like they were at the alien freak show and she was the star attraction. They just remained standing and pointing, whispering loudly.

Liz tried to smile and try to be as calm and collected as she could be. She just let her arms wrap around herself as she waited for something to happen. Something. Anything. She didn’t care at this moment. She just wanted the silence and whispers to stop. They just remained stood there. All of them almost too scared to talk to her. After a moment longer Liz calmed herself and started to move around the town, the town watching her every movement.

Liz moved from shop to shop hoping that if she moved around that they would to. And surely they did, the whispers disappearing with them.

She stopped outside a TV shop and looked at the face that was staring back at her. It was her own, a picture someone had taken from the year book when she was still in Roswell. It was awful; she looked so young and nerdy. Now it struck her just how far this had gone.

Her eyes bulged as the picture changed to the one that had rested upon the newspaper. The one of her and Max. They really weren’t taking that picture well.

“Bitch.” Came the voice of a woman. When Liz spun round to see who it was; she was gone. All that remained was the lingering word that echoed in Liz’s mind.

“Now you’re hearing things,” She muttered to herself as she peeled herself away from the window. She drifted towards the nearest shop that had newspapers. Once again there in the window was her face.

The one that caught her attention was the one that was titled ‘Jo Starling apologises.’ Jo had formally apologised to her that morning, not that she had believed the moment. She sounded sincere but the look she gave Liz as she did so told her otherwise. No one else had noticed, they had just packed and left without another word on the matter. But she was still shivering from the intent stare; she just couldn’t get over it. There was such a malicious feeling behind it, like she had more instore for Liz. *you’re just being paranoid. Stop it* she scolded herself. But those eyes still hovered in the back of her mind.

Now her attention was on the headline ‘Lies living amongst us.’ She gasped as there on the paper was the picture of Dan Stevens next to Max’s face. The subheading was ‘Should we trust them when they lied to us?’ Now she understood why they hadn’t been allowed to pick up a newspaper for the whole time, the public didn’t really like them all that much.

“Home wrecker.” Snapped Liz out of her confusion and shock. She didn’t bother turning around, thinking no one would be there behind her but when she felt the stone thrown at her back she whelped. Turning round there before her stood about three women, all of them that she had once known from school. The first one she knew for a fact was Pam Troy. Her once brown hair was now curled and bleached blonde, in the same style as Tess’. Liz could have sworn that Pam had green eyes when she knew her but now they were blue. The other two girls beside her used to be the other popular girls at school who had followed Pam around like little lost sheep.

“What do you want Pam?” Liz growled as she moved to the next shop, trying to keep her focus on what was in the window. Once again it was her face.

“To ask you what the hell you think you are doing?” She shouted as she threw yet another stone at Liz’s back. It hit her squarely between the shoulder blades. She flinched at the power that crackled around her hands as she felt it bounce off.

“Leave me alone,” She declared over her shoulder, meekly, as she tried to make sure that the green electricity couldn’t be seen. “Just leave me.”

“No. You freak. It’s time you see what the public really think of you – you home wrecker. You whore.” Pam yelled at the top of her lungs. Now there were more people stood around watching than before. Some argued with Pam’s lot and the rest stood with her their whispers now shouts of ‘freak’ and ‘whore’. Liz could tell there was a serious divide between the people of Roswell. Half were protecting her, the others wanting to hurt her.

“You think you’re it because you burnt an evil a lien from the inside out.” She shouted over the din of the others around her. “But I know what you are like Liz Parker. I know you aren’t happy until you make someone else miserable.”

Liz shook her head as she backed away. “No! That’s not true!” She mumbled half heartedly in defence.

“Home wrecker! Home wrecker! Home wrecker!” The chant filled Liz’s ears as it was repeated over and over again. “Home wrecker!”

“We know what you are Liz Parker!” Pam’s shrill voice echoed over the din of the small group.

As people around her argued and chanted, Pam and the two girls stepped out of the crowd and started to throw anything they could lay their hands on. The stones hit her body hard and fast, like hail stones just a bit heavier. She could feel the bruises starting form under her top as yet more stones were thrown. Soon more people started to join in. Moving closer they threw harder things and spat onto her frozen statue of a body as it remained rigid. She couldn’t think as more and more objects hit her. She couldn’t move.

“Freak! Freak! Freak!”

She was shaken from her world as a large stone hit her square in the stomach.

“NO!” she screamed as she felt it impact her body and her legs crumbled underneath her.

The chants of the word ‘freak’ just rang through her mind as she slumped to the floor. She could only feel pain, but not of the objects that were being thrown at her. The pain was from the words they were throwing with such equal force. There was just the slightest sound of disgust as they shouted it and helped the three girls assault her with the objects.

“No, no, no, no” She whispered out as her mind started to slip into the world where she knew she could be happy; where she could be safe.

Spit hit her cheek as the tears started to fall. Not once did she think that the reception she was going to get was to be a good one but she didn’t think she would be treated in this way. Her hands came over to protect her face as the spitting and objects kept coming at her.

Her mind slipped in to her little world.

She stood on the edge of a cliff, her arms outstretched, just letting the wind blow through her white summer dress and through her long flowing hair. She could feel the green grass under her bare feet. Looking down she could see the calm awaiting water that was ready to just take her into its waiting arms. Suddenly she felt herself falling.

Until she was stopped. She was saved.

“STOP IT!” Came the shout that boomed through out the crowd. It was an unearthly maniacal voice that pierced through the commotion that was caused by Pam and her crew. Everyone froze as a blue ray of light pushed its way through the crowd parting them to make a path to Liz, who was now lying on her side, her eyes glazed over as the tears fell from the corners of her lashes.

Tess was stood at the other end, her hand pushed out. Her whole being radiated anger as she glared at the three who started the whole thing. Zan was stood behind her, his pupils burning bright as he took in Liz’s appearance. Not once had she looked up at them, she was obviously in a world of her own. Her hand lay on the tarmac, melting it into a pool of sludge under her touch.

“Why?” Tess cried out in disgust as she walked through the crowd towards the huddled mess that was her friend. “WHY?!” She screamed as she neared Pam.

“B-because the freak deserves it after all she has done to you and Max!” Pam spat out nervously. Now she was a nervous wreck. She had known Liz Parker long enough to know she wouldn’t willing hurt a human being, where as she didn’t know Tess all that well. She didn’t know what her reaction would be. So now she was nervous.

“IT’S ALL LIES! Lies told by a woman who wants to move up in power – and she thought Max was the way to do it.” Tess yelled into Pam’s face, making the copycat flinch. “This woman lying on the ground is the one who Max wishes to spend the rest of his life with.” Kneeling down on the ground she lifted Liz up into her arms, cradling her head to her chest. Liz’s crying began to become heavier as Tess’ warmth brought her back to the real world.

“I think it’s about time you all learnt something!” Zan declared as he moved towards the girls.

“I have loved this girl my whole life.” Interrupted Max in a loud voice that had everyone gasping. Before them stood the Antarian King. A man so famous and feared that they didn’t ever expect him to enter the town. Now he was stood before them and they were shocked. Max’s clenched jaw softened as he took in the look of Liz’s quivering body and instantly ran to Liz’s side, taking her from Tess, holding her to his chest. Smoothing back her hair he continued his angry speech in a tender way. “I have always loved this woman, she is my soul mate. Yes – we have had our ups and downs but that doesn’t mean I don’t love her. Me and Tess were supposed to be destined” Max spat the word out in pure hatred. “But-but I fought it with all my might. Me and Tess getting married was due to her dupe Ava, who wanted to destroy Liz for her own gain…. Which she succeeded in doing.”

“Liz has done nothing wrong!” Tess growled towards the camera men who had now conjugated around them. “And I will not stand for her being accused for something she had no hand in!”

“I will personally deal with anyone who dares do this again.” Zan said in such a deadly serious and calm manner that it had the habitants of Roswell slivering away.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

I'm back!

Just a comment to say thank you all for your feedback! Thanks to the following:
Emz80m: Hey girl! I was starting to wonder where you went for a moment! Glad to hear you're all caught up. Don't worry. He realises this today!
Asabetha: I am back... and this should make you a bit calmer :P
Flamehair
Erina
Jennifer24: nope :P But that's Liz Parker for you :P
Buffsteraddict: Oh my god, thank you for the nominations. They were my first ever and really made my day :D
Timelord31
begonia9508

I LOVE FEEDBACK OF ALL KINDS

Part ten.

“Max! I’m fine!” She cried out with frustration as he checked Liz over once again. “You’ve been doing this for well over an hour now!” Grasping the collar of his black shirt she pulled him up to her face until they were touching noses. “I. Am. Fine.”

Max grinned as she pushed him back on to the floor in mock annoyance and jumped off the sofa, heading towards the kitchen with a leap and a bound. “Where are you going honey?” Asked a nervous and worried Nancy. She practically ran to Liz’s side to help walk her to the kitchen, grasping her arm and walking with her slowly. She was treating her like she was an old woman, not the woman in her early twenties that she was. It was as if she was ill all over again.

Shrugging her mother off, Liz cried. “I’M FINE! I’m just getting ice cream.” Pushing past her mother she opened the fridge. “Shouldn’t you be downstairs with Dad anyway?” She queried as she choose her flavour of choice. She knew her mother was supposed to be downstairs just from looking out of the window, they could see the queue that was winding out through the door.

“But – but you were attacked by most of the residents of this town.” Nancy exclaimed. “You don’t know what they could have done if Tess and Zan hadn’t of been there!”

Liz rested her head on the fridge after she closed it. “Okay- you’re right. I was just attacked. But I am not an invalid.” She sighed as she turned back to find the worried face of her mother. She was wringing her hands constantly and pacing around the room. This had obviously upset her mother more than she thought. Liz suddenly realised she was a hell of a lot happier and calmer than she probably should have been. “And anyway – it wasn’t the residents of Roswell. It was Pam Troy and two other bitches from school and a couple of people who found themselves dragged into it. The rest – I think – were tourists and were actually trying to stop them.”

Nancy paused to glance at her daughter. “You’re too calm about this.” She stated in a matter of fact way. “You’re in shock.”

“Maybe I am,” Liz shrugged as she entered the living room and sat next to Max. “But it doesn’t mean you should treat me like an invalid. I can still function properly and plus I have dealt with such more nastier characters than that before, like Khivar and Nicholas. Believe me, a couple of stones isn’t going to kill me – where as Khivar could have done with just a flick of his hand.” Scooping a huge blob of ice cream in her mouth she lent back and sunk into the sofa. “Anyway,” She mumbled through her ice cream. “Now that the world knows what is what, it will die down. Plus I don’t think this man here is going to let me out of his sight anytime soon.” She beamed at him before ruffling his hair.

“Too right,” Max declared as he pulled Liz into his arms. He began nuzzling her cheek and placing butterflies kisses along her chin. “Also- I now know that not having you with me is going to cause some serious problems and I think we shouldn’t hold off any longer.”

Liz frowned and pushed Max away, placing a hand to his forehead to check his temperature. “Nope. You’re not coming down with anything, you feel normal to me. Are you sure you haven’t loosened a screw in there somewhere?” She asked with a smile.

“Positive.” He whispered as he pulled her back towards him, laying her down he rested his head on her chest, listening to her steady breathing. “I’ve been wrong about a hell of a lot of things recently. Maybe it has been this whole commotion but these last two days, when you were burning tables and being subject to such abuse, I realised nothing works if we are apart. I’ve been miserable. You’ve been breaking down. We haven’t been connecting. It doesn’t work when we are separate.” Pausing he shifted his head to gaze in her emerald eyes, which were moist with tears. “We can do anything when we are together.”

“What – what about Matthew?” She asked nervously as she gauged his reaction closely. He didn’t even need to think about it.

“He’ll just have to come to terms with the fact we are together. I want him to be happy, but I can’t concentrate on making him happy if I am not myself. Without you, I’m not happy.”

Nancy leant against the door frame of the kitchen and held onto the sob that was building in her chest. Just a couple of months ago her little girl was near death, with only a couple of weeks to live. Now she had her whole life stretched out before her with a man that most girls dreamt about yet don’t experience. He knew Liz inside out, although it was obvious that their connection wasn’t quite the same as before, but she knew that soon it would be.

“So” Nancy said out loud, a quiver in her voice. “Does – does this mean…”

“We’re together?” Liz added answering her mother’s question, which was the same one that was hammering in her chest. Her own voice was etched with tears. Suddenly, this was the one thing in the world she wanted, to be near and with Max. He was right, without him everything fell to pieces and nothing worked. She just couldn’t live without him. In the past four years she hadn’t really lived. Even though it was mainly because of Khivar, she couldn’t live because Max wasn’t by her side to help her through it. Without Max she didn’t live. It was that simple.

“Yes,” Max declared softly as he pushed back a lock of her hair. “I love you Liz.”

“I love you.”

“Ya know what?” Zan chirped up through the silence.

“What?” Serena grumbled from the window seat of the living area. She was sat just staring out into the courtyard, a feeling of longing to fit in as she watched Michael and Maria splash around in the water of the pool. They were bickering, as per usual, but it was clear to see that underneath it all they cared for each other. They were devoted to each other and nothing would change that. She wanted that. She had lived on earth for fifty years completely alone, scared to get close because it meant the possibility of exposure. Now she longed for it with every fibre of her being. Something had changed in her recently.

“Ya’ve changed.” He stated as he sat slumped in his chair, his legs wide open. He was reapplying all the tattoos he had to remove to become Dan. The symbol of the four square that the others had was clearly displayed on his right shoulder. Serena glanced over at him, her eyes resting on his tattoo.

“What do you mean I’ve changed?” She shot defensively, swinging herself round to face him. She leant forward and held onto the window seat as she leant on her hands. This let her brown locks dangle in front of her face in a rough manner. Many had made the comment that she looked similar to Liz, the same hair and the same mannerisms, yet at this moment she couldn’t have appeared less like Liz if she tried. She seemed in a dark place, a lonely one.

Zan shifted slightly in his chair to lift his leg up. He rolled up his faded and ripped jeans to the knee and started to carve Antarian symbols on his legs. He had a vague remembrance of what they meant but he didn’t care as long as they looked impressive. “Ya’ve changed… ya used to be so independent and full of yaself back on Antar. It was as if ya soul purpose was to serve me and the planet. But now – now ya’re more human than I’ve seen ya before.”

“It comes with after being here for fifty years, things rub off on you.” Serena shrugged slightly. She paused to squint at him with confusion. “I take it you have more memories than I thought.”

“I’m the defective one ain’t I?” Zan mumbled, with a similar shrug. His concentration was still on his leg as he etched the Antarian symbol for heart down his right calf muscle. “Max got all the humanity – I got all the alien memories. Well that’s what I figure anyways.”

Serena pulled a lock of her hair behind her ear, intrigued at this new information. She had known there was a ‘defective’ set, a set that was more alien than human but she didn’t really realise what that meant. Although there wasn’t much different between them, Zan was given the memories and the power to change his shape and appearance, where as Max was given the ability to connect on a more human level. Leaning back she became curious.

“What do you remember?” She asked.

Zan stopped what he was doing and looked up through his lashes at her for a moment before continuing the work on his leg. Now he was drawing in the symbol body into his skin, his hand steady. “I rememba lots of things.” He stated simply.

Serena laughed quietly at the obvious evasion of the question. “What exactly do you remember?” She pressed again with a more serious tone. She really wanted to know what he remembered. Did he remember her?

“Well – I rememba… I rememba Rath, Lonnie and course I rememba Ava.” He mumbled as he continued on his leg. His eyes were unwavering, although he felt the need to just dart them up to gauge her reaction but was unable to. “And – and”

When he paused she pulled herself to the edge on the window seat, her focus growing more intense than before. “And-?”

Suddenly his head shot up, his eyes fixing with hers as he did so. His brown eyes were just as penetrating as they were on Antar. “I remember you.” He declared, almost on the verge of telling her how he really felt. Their gazes lingered for what seemed an eternity, both just waiting for something to happen. Yet his nerves got the better of him and his piercing gaze fell to the floor. “I rememba that ya were a good friend of Vilandra’s and that ya were loyal to us.”

Serena’s heart broke slightly as his gaze had fallen away from her and broke further when he didn’t say anything other than that he remembered that she was loyal. In that one moment Serena changed, because that was when she realised that maybe she had been ignoring her feelings since she had been on Antar. She didn’t know this Zan all that well – so her sudden feelings must have generated themselves back on Antar. Then all of a sudden Serena realised why she had been so determined to excel in the academy; she had wanted to be nearer to Zan.

Tess watched as Matthew splashed around in the paddling pool, a feeling of contentment resting on her shoulders as she watched his little face light up every time he kicked the water.

“When did things get so complicated?” Kyle thought out loud as he thumped onto the sun bed next to Tess.

“The moment I was hatched.” Tess replied in a matter of fact way with a little small on her face. “I wouldn’t change anything about it for the world tho.”

“Me neither.” Kyle nodded in agreement.

Tess frowned slightly. “Even – even when because of us you’ve lost your dad?” She whispered it nervously, trying not to reopen old wounds as she did so. She clutched on to the end of bed as she waited for his answered.

Running his hands over his bare knees he sighed. “Nope.” He stated sincerely. “That – that wasn’t your fault.” He paused for a moment to collect himself, as the mere mention of his dad still made the familiar feeling of grief fill his chest. “I – I have done a lot of soul searching over the years because I was so angry with you. I blamed you guys for what happened when I had no grounds to be able to place blame. We didn’t know that it was going to happen – it was a heart attack, just one of those things in life that just happen.” He hesitantly took her small hand into his and kissed it gently. “I’m sorry.” He whispered.

Tess blinked back the tears as once again she found herself looking at him in confusion. “For what?” She sobbed.

“For making you think I blamed you for Dad’s death when the truth of the matter was I-I never did blame you. I think I was just pushing you away – on purpose because – because I love you.”

“You know what?” Tess whispered sweetly as she leant into him, her eyes fixated on his lips. Her eyes tracing over the fullness of them and instantly she knew he wanted to kiss her as well. She leant in until they were just an inch apart before looking up at him.

“What?” He breathed out heavily as he gazed at her with passion in his eyes.

“I love you too.” She declared, her lips forming a broad smile. “I think I always have done.”

Maria screamed in annoyance and laughter as she hit the water once again. She let the water drag her under. Looking up through the water that rippled above her she saw Michael staring down at her as she sunk further under. For this moment in time they were completely free of worry or wonder. Now they were perfectly happy throwing each other into the water, although Maria knew for a fact Michael was making it easy for her to push him in.

Gazing up at him she felt so at ease she just didn’t want the moment to end. The water began to ripple once again as he sunk into the water after her. His arms wrapped around her bare flesh and he pulled to her to his solid body as he pushed up to the surface.

They surfaced, their eyes locked together. Pressing her hand against his heart she moved towards him, her lips seeking his. Their new found connection sprung to life quickly. Just with the rhythmic movements of their lips they expressed their love through their connection.

Not a word was needed to be said.

Isabel had sighed sweetly as she slept. He watched her sigh spread across her lips into an endearing smile and smiled himself as her nose scrunched up and her balled hand rubbed it irritably. It was in her sleep that the ice queen wasn’t made of ice anymore. In her sleep she was the warmest and most vulnerable person he had ever known. It was in her sleep that she dreamed of acceptance, it was in her dreams she was free. It was in her dreams that her heart was open and she spoke such warm words. It was whilst she was dreaming that she had first mumbled the words ‘I love you’ to Alex.

Sophie kicked her feet in the air as she gazed up at her father. She was laid out in the middle of them, their hands rested protectively on her small body as if they just couldn’t let her go. Her bright blue eyes peered at him as she balled her fist into her mouth, a small gurgle of happiness escaping her lips when she let it go.

Alex sighed blissfully as he placed his head on the soft pillow.

Life just couldn’t get better than this.

She ran down the road towards the car as she soon as she had heard they were in town. The small bundle in her arms cried as she ran. Desperation had just made her jump off the sofa to her feet. Her fingers had dialled his number so quickly she couldn’t remember doing it. This is what they had been looking for.

King Max was back in Roswell.

King Max – the healer.