Royal Alliances (AU,M/L,MATURE) Chapter 17- 12/19/06[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

Thanks for the great feedback! Here's the next chapter.

Two cars sped towards the Crashdown from opposite directions both reaching their destination seconds apart from one another. Max and Isabel hopped out of the jeep and immediately went to the convertible as Liz and Alex climbed out. No one said a word as the group raced into the diner.

Max and Liz led the way as they moved to the backroom. “Oh my god” Liz whispered as she saw Maria pulling herself up into a sitting position on the couch. Maria’s uniform was covered in dirt and her neck already had deep purple bruises forming. Liz launched herself into Maria’s arms hugging her friend tightly.

In a choked whisper Maria answered “Lizzie it’s alright I’m ok. Alex, please calm Liz down.” Alex however had other plans as he attacked Maria from the other side with a hug. “Ugg! Oxygen becoming an issue here”

The two friends released her and Liz looked up to Max “Can you fix those bruises?”

Max nodded and kneeled down next to Maria “You ok with this?”

Maria nodded with a half smile “As long as you don’t look at me the same way you did Liz when you healed her hand.” Max placed his hands lightly on Maria’s throat healing it. When he was finished Maria rubbed the area absently “Thanks, my vocal chords don’t feel like they’ve been crushed”

“What happened?”

Maria sat back on the couch to replay the story. “I was taking the trash out and I felt someone was there so I turned to get back inside and then I was thrown against the wall. Then he lifted me up by my throat, he was choking me and I passed out. Then he was gone and I could hear Michael, that’s it.”

Liz stood and walked over to Michael who had yet to say a word. As she looked at him she could see the same fear she had reflected in his eyes. Liz hugged Michael tightly before whispering in his ear “thank you”

Michael only nodded uncomfortably and Max asked Maria “Did you recognize him?”

Maria shook her head “No, but he knew me”

“What do you mean?”

“He called me Lunaria and he said…” Maria cut herself off knowing how Liz would react to the next part and she had a good idea Max would be the same way.

“What did he say, Ria?” Alex asked uncertainly. Isabel immediately took his hand in support.

Michael seeing the difficulty Maria was having answered for her “He said he was gonna send the royals a message, that’s when I showed up and blasted him.”

Max and Liz looked at one another with identical guilty expressions at not being able to protect their friend and Maria immediately raised her voice “Uhh Uhh Don’t you dare. I couldn’t take it when just Lizzie blamed herself for anything that went wrong; if I have to deal with both of you doing it; I’ll shoot myself.”

Isabel smiled in Maria’s direction “Try all you want Maria, but I’ve come to the conclusion that guilt comes with the crown”

“What’s important now is we figure out what to do next; the skins are obviously here which means we are in serious trouble.” As Liz spoke she was rubbing her temples trying to ease the tension developing there. “First things first though no one goes anywhere alone until we neutralize the situation one way or another.”

“How are we going to do that?” Michael asked though Liz was a little shocked he didn’t have smug, sarcastic tone he usually had.

“I don’t have a clue” Liz answered.

Suddenly there was a knock on the back door of the restaurant and they all looked towards it uneasily. Max looked to the others before whispering to Liz “Put your shield up while Michael and I answer the door”

Liz nodded and she, Maria, Isabel, and Alex moved back. Liz then turned to them instructing “Have an energy blast ready, Will you be alright Maria?” When her friend nodded Liz raised her hand forming a shield.

As Max’s hand reached for the doorknob Michael prepared himself for whatever was behind the door and lifted his hand ready to attack. However he couldn’t have been prepared for what was waiting for them.

“Damn it Tarus, you nearly scared us to death” Liz exclaimed as she dropped her shield and relaxed as her protector entered the room.

“I apologize your majesty, but it was imperative that I speak with you. You are in danger.”

Michael rolled his eyes “No kidding pal, Maria was attacked tonight”

Concern shot through Tarus’ system as he looked towards his charge “Lunaria, are you alright?”

Maria rolled her eyes “I really wish people would stop asking me that and yes I’m fine.”

“I knew they were close but I had no idea they were here.” Tarus seemed to mutter to himself as he stripped off the jacket he was wearing.

Isabel released a startled gasp as she saw his back “What happened to you?” The back of his shirt was tattered and scorched and the skin underneath was cut and burnt painfully.

Tarus looked over his shoulder at the damage and then back at Isabel “Don’t worry Princess, I don’t feel the pain it is unsightly though. I was hoping Zan would be willing to fix it.”

Max stepped forward to heal Tarus as Liz questioned “You were attacked?”

Tarus nodded “Skins, I was trying to throw them off your trail unfortunately it didn’t work.”

“Well they know where we are, what about the granolith?” Max asked after healing Tarus’ back

Tarus shook his head “They still don’t know where it is otherwise we’d all be dead by now; and by all I mean the planet. Skins aren’t very fond of earth. There is some good news though; Marus is here”

“How in the hell is that a good thing?” Alex exclaimed confused he then sighed at the questioning looks Max, Michael and Isabel shot him “He’s a leader of the skins. He’s dangerous which is why I don’t see how him being here is a good thing.”

“If we take out the leader we put a serious crimp in Khivar’s plan” Everyone turned to Michael shocked at his statement; it was logical and so un-Michael “What?! I’m a general I’m supposed to know these things”

Tarus nodded “Rath is correct, with Marus gone the skins will be weakened. Not to the point of extinction but weakened none the less.”

“One problem; Marus is powerful by himself how are we suppose to kill him when he’s surrounded by other skins?” Liz dropped down on to the couch as she asked.

“Kill him? I can’t kill someone!” Isabel exclaimed shocked

“You will when your choice is taken away” Liz snapped back. A second later she had calmed enough to answer Isabel more nicely “We’re not talking about killing innocents here Isabel. They will kill us if we give them the chance hell they attacked Maria tonight and she sure as hell didn’t look to start anything; she was taking out the trash. They don’t care about our lives or the lives of anyone else on this planet. So if it comes down to choosing their life over mine or yours, they will go down.”

Isabel nodded in understanding before sighing, knowing she was about to cross a line she never thought she would. “What do we do?”
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

Ahhh! Thanks for the B-Day wishes guys! You're so sweet! Anyway as promised heres the next part. Not very long but it did help me get over my mild case of writer's block.

It was quickly decided that the group would be staying together that night. Max and Isabel called their parents saying they were staying with friends. Michael, not having to answer to anyone since he was an emancipated minor, simply followed everyone back to the house on his motorcycle.

Tarus stood guard on the front porch while the others took some much needed rest in Liz’s bedroom. For once Liz didn’t argue; after all it was the biggest in the house and she didn’t particularly feel like being alone. It was 3:30 when she lightly climbed out of bed and looked at the group. The girls had shared the king size bed and Isabel had already rolled over taking up the space Liz had vacated. Alex was sleeping on a pallet on the floor while Michael took the small couch and Max slept in a comfortable half chair in the corner. Slipping a robe on Liz stepped lightly to the French doors that led to the balcony and stepped out. The desert air was cool and dry and Liz tightened the robe around herself as she looked up at the night sky. She had always looked to the night sky not finding comfort but purpose. She constantly had to remind herself why she and those she loved were in danger and what they were fighting for. It was the only thing sometimes that kept her sane.

She kept her eyes on the stars as she felt another presence on the balcony “Couldn’t sleep?’

Max moved towards and mirrored her stance leaning against balcony’s wall “No, there’s just too much going on in my head” when Liz only nodded he followed her gaze heavenward “Which is ours?”

Liz smiled slightly “We can’t see our planets from here, but do you see that V constellation right there, it’s part of Aries.” Liz pointed and Max nodded “That constellation is the brightest where we were, it’s our version of the big dipper.”

A thought occurred to Max “The seals for the individual planets, that’s where they came from.”

“Yeah. That’s where they came from.” They both continued to look up at the sky before Liz suddenly slammed her fist against the railing “I hate this! Why in the hell are we going through this?”

“What are you talking about Liz?” Max was more then a little confused over her sudden outburst, she had always been the calm and collected one.

“I’m talking about the fact that we are risking our LIVES for a place we’ve never been to or remember being to. We didn’t ask for this, Max. Who in their right minds would?” For good measure she kicked the railing.

Max’s heart went out to Liz. Before he had been jealous that she, Alex and Maria had grown up knowing who they were and why they were here. He realized now that ignorance truly was bliss. He, Isabel and Michael had at least had some semblance of a childhood they didn’t have to live knowing that someday they would have to fight not only for their own lives but the lives of an entire planet, two planets actually. “I wish I could say something that would make this better, but I can’t. The situation sucks, Liz; believe me I know. I sure as hell don’t want to be king. God it sounds insane just saying it. But we don’t really have a choice, do we? All we can do is make the best of the situation which right now basically means staying alive.”

Liz sighed lightly resting her head against his shoulder “you know it’s funny. I can handle fighting and I think I could handle dying for this cause but, I refuse to lose my family which includes you, Michael and Isabel”

“No one is going to die Liz, including you. I won’t let it happen.”

Liz smiled at how sure and commanding Max sounded “watch it Evans your crown is showing.”

For the first time he scowled at her angrily. Just hearing the idea that Liz could get hurt just slammed a door in his mind that simply refused to even entertain the thought. “I’m serious Liz. No one I care about is going to die, I won’t allow it.”

She scowled back at him “We will have to face them it’s inevitable Max and I’m sorry but I’m not going to sit back and watch any of you get hurt I’ll do what I have to.”

“The hell you will” Max snapped back as both he and Liz’s eyes darkened to a near black shade

“I hate to tell you this but this is war. You haven’t faced the skins ok, they can snap you like a twig and that’s if you’re lucky and they decide not to force their way into your mind and scramble everything you’ve ever known or felt in your life. You think you can handle that, you’ve barely gotten use to using your powers as it is.”

“Woah guys! Chill! You sound like Maria and me” Michael came out on the balcony closing the door behind him, hoping not to wake the others.

“Stay out of it Rath!” Both Max and Liz shouted to him.

“Rath?” Michael asked confused and then noticed the unnatural color to their eyes and the green sparks dancing across their hands “oh shit” he then opened the door letting Maria in who had obviously been woken “I think we have a problem”

Max and Liz didn’t even notice as they continued to glare at each other “Why can’t you just listen to me! I’m your king, Medina!”

“And I’m your wife which does NOT give you the right to tell me what to do, Zan! I can handle Khivar, he won’t hurt me.”

“Oh no” Maria muttered to Michael “It’s Zan and Medina they must have tapped into some repressed memory and now their acting it out. We’ve got to snap them out of it”

“Great idea, how?” Michael asked and was then left even more confused when Maria rushed back into the house. “Now what?”

Max/Zan continued to fight with Liz/Medina “He was never who you thought he was. Why can’t you see how dangerous he is?!”

“I still believe he can be reasoned with.” She answered back just as Maria came back with two glasses filled with water. She threw the water into both their faces causing both to stumble back in shock. Liz shook her head and leaned against the wall for balance, when she looked up her eyes were back to normal “What the hell just happened?”

“You ok?” Maria asked

“NO! I am not ok, what was that?” she asked as she helped Max regain his own balance.

“We think that was your past selves making their presence known.” Michael answered helping them both sit down.

“It was weird, We were fighting and then I feel like I passed out or something.” Max continued to shake his head trying to shake the fog away.

“Yeah, what were we fighting about?” Liz asked confused.

“Umm… something about dying” His face scrunched up in bewilderment “Why the hell were we arguing about that? I think we both agree we don’t anyone to die” Liz nodded her head in agreement.

“I think maybe you guys arguing just opened up a door or something for Zan and Medina’s memories.” Maria explained

“Why didn’t we just remember then? Why have to act it out?”

Maria started to open her mouth for an explanation and then realizing she didn’t have one she closed it again “I don’t know.”

“Great; Not only do we have to worry about skins but now our past selves are taking over our current life. Wonderful.”

“It’s inevitable” Max muttered to himself earning a curious glance from the others He suddenly had hope in his eyes “I know how to beat the skins”
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

Alright Alright I suck and I can't keep my promises. But in my defense RL seriously sucked this weekend and unfortunately my happy little fantasy existence took a back seat. So here is the next part, better late than never and hopefully I will have the fight scene up before next week (seriously keeping my fingers crossed on that one) Anyway thanks as always for feedback.

Michael scratched his head uncomfortably as he spoke “Umm Max, I know you’re king and all but I really don’t think this is such a great idea.”

Isabel shifted awkwardly on the couch she was sharing with Alex “Michael’s right, I mean we would be taking a huge risk with this plan.” For some reason she felt weird around Max, he was still her brother but lately he had begun acting more and more like… well a leader.

Both Maria and Alex nodded in agreement. But Liz surprised them all taking her place next to Max “It’ll work”

“Liz…” Maria started but was quickly cut off.

“No Maria, time’s run out. I wish there was another option but there isn’t. It’s only a matter of time before they find either a) find us here or b) find the granolith either way we are screwed. The best we can do is take control of the situation”

“But bring them to us? Isn’t that the equivalent of painting a big target on all our backs?”
Max shot a look to Alex who immediately groaned reading his meaning “Great you’re not even talking about that; you want to go to them on their home turf?!”

“They’d never come directly to us, going to them is the only way to catch them off guard” Michael stated as he stood in front of Max and Liz “I don’t think this is the greatest plan but I’ve got your back”

Isabel, Maria, and Alex exchanged glances with one another before Isabel released a low sigh “What do you want us to do?”

“Right now, us girls need to work together to figure out where the skins are.”

Fifteen minutes later the girls were sitting cross legged on the living room floor in a meditative state while the guys watched from the corner.

“How long is this gonna take?” Michael whispered impatiently

“I don’t know, but I’m gonna need coffee soon” Alex answered stifling a yawn.

“Shut up” Max hissed at both of them before turning back to concentrate on the girls.

Finally Liz looked up annoyed “That’s it! It was easier when you guys wouldn’t shut up, quit staring! It’s hard enough as it is”

“What do you want us to do?” Michael asked
Maria spoke up “You wanted coffee? Go to Starbucks and get me a Venti Mocha Light Frappuccino extra whip”

Isabel’s face lit up “Oh I want a Venti vanilla latte, sugar free flavoring and skim milk”

“Grande Iced Caramel Macchiato skim milk, whip, and an extra shot please” Liz piped in with a smile as she saw the confused looks on Michael and Max’s faces.

“Was that English? We’re getting coffee not… I don’t know what the hell that was.” Michael felt like his head was going to explode; whips, shots, sugar-free flavoring? What the hell happened cream and sugar?

Alex didn’t seem fazed at all as he grabbed the keys off the hook “Did you guys want muffins with that?”

“Yes!” the girls answered as the guys closed the door.

Michael looked to Alex “You have got to teach me how to speak girl”

Alex chuckled a little as he spoke “Years of practice, my friend; years.”

After the guys left the girls took their places again and joined hands, Liz spoke calmly “Let’s try this again. Everyone breathe deep and open yourselves up so our energy and powers can flow through one another. Maria, I need you to think about the skin that attacked you” Liz and Isabel could see the attack flash before their eyes and Liz forced herself to focus as she spoke “Isabel, I need you to focus on the skin and try to find where he is now; Maria can help you just follow his thoughts and emotions.” Maria and Isabel’s grips tightened on Liz’s hands.

“We got him” Maria’s voice was strained as she spoke and Liz knew she’d have to make this quick.

“I can feel him, but I can’t see him” Isabel forehead was spotted with perspiration as she spoke nervously.

“I know. That’s why I’m here” Liz answered as she concentrated on the connection and felt her consciousness reach out to the skin. When she looked up they were all in the desert with the skins. Isabel looked ready to panic and Liz reassured her “It’s like a dreamwalk they can’t see you.” There were two dozen skins but Liz’s eyes narrowed on one “Marus”

The leader of the skin stood tall and strong as he addressed the one who attacked Maria “You couldn’t even injure her?! What good are you?”

“I didn’t know Rath would be there! He always had a soft spot for Medina’s right hand and you know how strong he is when he’s pissed.”

“Your excuses are pathetic” Marus snarled back “We are well aware the Antarian trio has only recently truly started to use their powers and you sit here and say its Rath’s fault that you failed? At least blame Lunaria, she at least has better control of her abilities.”

The skin continued to try and defend himself “I wasn’t prepared but they’re children now, and no match for our strength.”

“Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to underestimate your enemy? Why do you think I sent you after Lunaria alone? Yes, right now they are weak but it is only a matter of time before they gain strength especially if Zan and Medina continue to be so cozy together; and when that happens we are history. Individually we could take them on, in sets of three we may be able to beat them, But all six…We have no choice but to strike now or we will not stand a chance.”

With a jolt the girls returned to their bodies and looked at one another “We need to work fast” was all Isabel said as she unsteadily stood up.

“They’re afraid of us” Maria stated not quite believing it. Last summer when she had faced Marus, that fear wasn’t present. In fact he had looked at her and her family like they were nothing more than gnats.

Liz walked over to the front door and called Tarus inside. “Can we take on two dozen skins?”

Tarus eyes widened in shock “two dozen? Marus actually has that many at his disposal? I don’t know your majesty; The Antarian family has only recently started truly using their powers.”

“We can do it” Michael answered from the doorway as the guys entered the house.

“Rath I don’t think you understand…” Tarus started but was cut off by Max

“We understand perfectly but we don’t have a choice. We are going to fight and we are going to win.”
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

YES! I did it! I finished this chapter early! And bonus it's a long one. Anyway thanks for the feedback and just a note the next chapter or two are going to be pure fluff

Liz’s convertible and Max’s jeep sped down the dirt road towards the desert. Alex was driving the convertible with Isabel and Tarus while the others took the jeep. Isabel looked back at Tarus and figured this would be the best time to ask something that had been bugging her. “Before you said the reason we all didn’t know about each other was because those were the orders. Why would Zan and Medina want that?”

Tarus tilted his head slightly considering the princess’s question “I can’t answer that question with certainty, but knowing them I would say it had to do with choice.”

“Choice?” Alex asked looking at Tarus through the rearview window.

“None of you ever truly had a choice in what your lives were like on Antar or Nevar. You were all born into positions of great responsibility and power. The only choice any of you ever made for yourselves was who to love. I don’t think Zan and Medina would want to take that away from themselves… or you.”

Isabel looked at Alex and felt something click within herself “We were together. Vilandra and Avier were a couple.”

“Yes. Avier had been courting Vilandra for several seasons; they were expected to announce an engagement in the days leading up to their deaths.”

Both Alex and Isabel released a breath they had been holding upon hearing that news. Alex looked to Tarus “Am I safe to assume that Rath and Lunaria…”

“The wedding date had been set”

“My god” Isabel sighed as she looked at Alex again. She had felt an attraction to him before, but now she knew the reason why. She suddenly felt bad for giving Max a hard time when he first learned about Liz. She decided they needed to focus on the matter at hand before her head exploded. “Do we stand a chance against the skins?”

For the first time Isabel saw Tarus smile “If anyone can face them; it’s all of you”

Alex stopped the car as Max parked the jeep apparently in the middle of nowhere. They all climbed out and gathered around each other. Maria pointed towards a cliff about half a mile away. “That’s where they are.”

Liz and Isabel nodded in agreement towards Max who could feel nervousness start to gather in the pit of his stomach. “Is everyone ready?”

Michael snorted “I don’t think we’ll ever be ready, Maxwell. But now is as good a time as any.”

They all started hiking towards the cliff the girls lagging a little behind. Liz looked towards Isabel concerned “You alright, Iz?”

“Yeah, Yeah I’m fine” Isabel answered quickly receiving disbelieving looks from Liz and Maria. “Tarus told Alex and I something.”

“Something like…” Maria motioned for her to elaborate

“Like Vilandra-and-Avier-were-together-in-our-past-life” Isabel stated in one rushed breath.

“What!” Maria stated shocked though Liz didn’t appear all that surprised.

“Are you upset about it?” Liz asked quietly

“I don’t know what to think about it, I mean I… Hell I don’t know what I’m thinking. I like Alex but…”

“But you still have free will, and you don’t want your present life to be dictated by the past.” Liz finished for her with a smile.

“Thank you” Isabel stated relieved someone understood.

Maria shook her head “I don’t see why your two get so stressed about this. You just need to allow nature and fate to take its course. If my past partner showed up I’d be fine with it.”

Both Liz and Isabel looked at her shocked, there was no way she could be that dense. Their thought however was proven as Maria continued to speak “You both have these great guys, who care about you for who you are now. I’d kill for that, and you complain about it.”

Isabel’s eyes narrowed and she looked to Liz with a slightly evil smile forming on her lips. Liz read the expression and smiled back “Be my guest”

Isabel turned to Maria triumphantly “Well I’m glad you feel that way cause Tarus also told us that you were engaged in your past life.”

“Really? To who?”

Liz rolled her eyes at her friend “Well let’s do the math here Ria. Me and Max were married, Alex and Isabel were together, so by process of elimination…”

Understanding dawning in her eyes Maria whispered “Oh no…”

Isabel smiled brightly “That’s right you were going to MARRY Michael. But hey, no need to be stressed after all “if you’re past partner showed up you’d be fine with it” right?”

They continued walking while Maria muttered under her breath “me and my big mouth”

As they reached the cliff Max and Liz stopped short looking around and recognizing the area “Max…”

“I know” He answered, it was the same place Liz’s vision had taken place at.

“What are you guys talking about?” Alex asked feeling more than a little concerned.

Before they could answer though a voice behind them spoke “Well isn’t this a pleasant surprise.” They all turned to see the skins had appeared practically from nowhere.

“Marus” Liz stated as her eyes hardened on the leader

“My, my Medina it is so good to see you again. And what have we here, it’s like a family reunion. I see you found your beloved husband” The skins began to circle around trying to surround them. “Tarus, still the faithful dog to the royal family?”

“Better then an obedient bitch to Khivar”

As Marus’ eyes turned to Isabel, Alex pulled her behind him “Vilandra you are just as lovely as ever”

“Hey I thought we here to fight not have a tea party.” Michael stated as he gathered energy within himself.

“Rath. I see you are just as rude and impatient as ever.”

“Hey that’s not rude. Rude is say, helping a ruthless dictator retain control over two whole planets; now that is rude.” Maria sassed back

“Lunaria…” Marus started but was immediately cut off by Max who realized he was just stalling for time

“God do you ever shut up!” Max stated before throwing an energy ball at him and then all hell broke loose as the skins attacked.

Energy balls flew around them as they were divided away from each other. “Lower back!” Liz screamed out reminding the others where the seals were.

“Bitch” a female skin seethed as she grabbed Liz from behind.

Liz wrapped her leg around the skins leg pulling them both off balance. As they hit the ground Liz sent a small amount of energy to the skins lower back breaking the seal and turning her into dust. “That’s queen bitch”

Maria hit her targets as she sought them while doing her best to block out any emotions that would distract her. Suddenly the skin that had attacked her in the alley appeared “You should have stayed down Lunaria”

“Funny I was just thinking the same thing about you” Maria stated before throwing energy his way.

As they fought Maria became aware that she was being pushed towards the cliff’s edge and remembering Liz’s vision she fought harder against the skin. Suddenly he dropped his energy attack and physical rammed her to push her over the edge. Maria was vaguely aware of Michael screaming her name as she shifted her body weight causing the skin to fall off the cliff. It wasn’t enough however as she felt herself losing her balance and falling over the edge. She screamed as she felt herself fall but suddenly she stopped and looking up she could see Michael had grabbed her arm just in time. He was lying on the ground at the edge of the cliff clinging on to her arm and pulling her away from the edge. Once she was able to crawl away from the cliff she quickly hugged Michael tightly “Thank you”

Michael kissed the top of her head feeling his heart rate slow down once she was safe. Before he could say anything though more skins attacked and all they could do was defend themselves.

Isabel continued fight the best she could but she still couldn’t force herself to kill. She defended herself but Alex was the one who always made the fatal blow. Suddenly a skin knocked Alex down and stood over him with an energy blast ready to kill.

Time seemed to slow down as Isabel heard Liz’s voice in her head “We’re not talking about killing innocents here Isabel. They don’t care about our lives or the lives of anyone else on this planet. So if it comes down to choosing their life over mine or yours, they will go down”

Without another moment of hesitation Isabel grabbed a rock and slammed it into the skin’s lower back. As he dissolved into dust she knew she had crossed a line but as she helped Alex back onto his feet she knew it was a line worth crossing.

Max and Liz fought side by side gracefully depending on instinct as they battled. They seemed to anticipate each others moves as fought the skins. The skins seemed to take notice of this and the majority of those still alive turned their attention towards the former King and Queen. Tarus also fought nearby them doing his best to protect them. Given the reprieve Michael, Maria, Alex, and Isabel regrouped behind a large boulder, while blasting at the skins and trying to help Max and Liz.

Max seeing where they were and knowing they needed to regroup motioned to Tarus and Liz and they nodded in agreement. Liz grabbed Max’s hand and together they sent out a blast that didn’t kill but managed to knock all the skins down. They quickly ran behind the boulder to regroup.

“Is anyone hurt?” Max quickly asked out of breath.

Michael was just as out of breath as he answered “Nothing major, but I don’t know how much longer we can keep this up. We need to neutralize them now”

“I have an idea” Isabel stated as she turned to Liz “What you just did with Max; do you think we could all do that together.”

“You mean one major blast from all of us?” Liz nodded seeing what Isabel was saying and suddenly smiled “Yeah I think that can work; this is what we need to do…”

Marus and the dozen or so remaining skins moved towards the boulder and Marus felt the excitement boil within himself. He had been wrong, they weren’t as strong as they once were and he would defeat them, taking the King and Queen back to Antar and then Khivar would reward him handsomely.

As he readied an energy blast in his hand he saw Tarus step out from hiding. “It is going to be so satisfying for you to watch your royals die again.”

Tarus chuckled “I don’t think so” The royals stepped out with their hands clasped to one another and Marus knew immediately he was in trouble as he felt the power gathering around them. Max and Liz stood in the middle and they lifted their joined hands sending a pure white bolt of energy that shot out and branched into each of the skins, only Marus was able to duck and miss it. Once he looked up the only thing left was dust blowing out into the desert. Max and Liz moved forward cornering him and he knew he was dead. He looked to Liz with pure venom in his eyes “He’ll never be finished with you, majesty” He then hit his valve himself committing suicide.

Both Max and Liz looked at the dust wondering exactly what he meant.

It was night when they got back to Roswell. Michael and Maria went back to his apartment, while Alex took Isabel back to the Evans. Max, Liz, and Tarus got back to Liz’s place and Liz quickly asked Max if he could wait inside. Once he was inside Liz turned to Tarus “You’re leaving again, aren’t you?”

“Yes, you’re majesty.”

Liz nodded “I know why. We have to learn on our own in order to be stronger” She knew that now; if Tarus had been there to help train Max, Isabel, and Michael she seriously doubted they would have ended up as close as they did.

Tarus nodded “You always were a wise leader Medina.” He started to walk away and then turned back “Don’t be afraid follow your heart, Liz”

Liz looked up shocked but he was already gone she then smiled. He finally called her Liz.

As she walked inside she decided to take Tarus’ advise and went straight to Max kissing him breathless. “Hey”

“Hi” He answered before kissing her again. When they finally pulled away from each other Liz could see he was already different then when they had first met. His eyes didn’t have the same innocence and she felt part of herself die. “I’m sorry”

Max knew exactly what she was talking about as he lightly pushed the hair away from her face. “Don’t blame yourself for things you can’t control. Besides it’s worth it if I’m with you.”

“You know it’s not over”

Max pulled her close hugging her tightly “I know”
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

New Chapter! And as I said before this is going to be fluffy so enjoy!

Isabel stopped the jeep in front of Alex’s and grabbed her pink laptop case. She was still wearing her workout clothes having just gotten out of cheerleading practice. It had been a week since they had defeated the skins and they had all gone back to what could loosely be defined as normal. Well except for the fact that Isabel and Alex were officially dating which had become the main topic of West Roswell’s gossip. Isabel couldn’t help but smile as she made her way to Alex who was playing his guitar on the porch swing. She greeted him with a sweet kiss. “Hey Alex”

Alex smiled back “Hey Iz, that for me?”

She handed him the case “Yeah I don’t know what happened last night it just crashed on me”

“Well I’ll see what I can do”

“Thanks”

Alex could tell she was trying to hide how agitated she really was. “Alright, what happened?”

“Nothing; it’s stupid” Alex shot her pointed look causing to her sigh “The biggest game of the season is tomorrow night and one of the cheerleaders, Vicky sprained her ankle last night. So, as captain I have to figure what we are going to do… and this must seem so stupid to you, what with alien royalty and attacks, this should really be the last thing on my mind right now.”

Alex lifted her chin up “Hey it’s not stupid to want to hold on to some form of a normal life; you have every right to that Isabel. Now there has to be an answer to this problem, Don’t you guys have alternates?”

“Yeah, Vicky. She replaced Carry Meyers after she caught mono last week” Isabel replied while rolling her eyes

“Damn”

“Yeah so unless I can find someone with good balance, tumbling skills, and who is light enough to go on top of the pyramid; I as captain am screwed.”

Alex’s eyes lit up and he snapped his fingers “Look no further I have your answer”

Isabel sent him a reassuring smile “Thanks sweetie but I really don’t think you’d look so hot in the skirts.”

Alex rolled his eyes “ha ha Not what I meant” He then pulled Isabel towards the front door. After stepping into the apparently empty living room Isabel winced hearing the stereo blaring out the local rock station. “Alex! Can we turn that down?!”

Alex yelled back “Don’t ask me, ask Liz!”

“Where is she?!” Isabel looked up where Alex was pointing & gasped “Holy shit”

The living room had a very high ceiling with heavy beams that crossed the entire room and looking up Isabel could see Liz doing a balancing act on the beams. As Liz did a backwards cartwheel Isabel finally snapped out of her daze and used her powers to turn off the radio “Liz! Get down from there!”

Liz finally glanced down “Isabel?”

“Now!” Liz shrugged and allowed herself to fall back causing Isabel to scream as she fell to the floor. At the last second Liz’s shield formed cushioning her fall. Isabel felt her heart pounding in her chest as Liz looked at her expectantly “Don’t do that! I thought my heart was gonna stop”

“Sorry, I was just training. It helps me focus.”

Alex was highly amused by Isabel’s maternal like response as he reassured her “Liz does that all the time, she never falls. She has good balance and tumbling skills” Alex stated emphasizing the last part.

“huh?” Liz asked but Isabel squealed happily as she understood what Alex was saying.

“Yes! And she’s so tiny it’s perfect!”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

Isabel calmed her excitement “Liz, I need a favor”

“O-K” Liz stated unsure of where this is going

“I need you to join the cheerleading squad”

“WHAT?!” Liz’s eyes practically bugged out of her head

“Just for 1 day, tomorrow that’s it. We’re short one cheerleader and I really need your help. I know I can teach you the routine tonight it’s not that hard especially with alien memory. Please Liz.”

Liz shook her head “Isabel, I’m not really cheerleading material. I’m not…peppy”

Not deterred Isabel continued “And I am? It’s all an act. Please Liz, do it as a favor for your sister-in-law”

“Max and I aren’t married in this life Isabel.”

Alex and Isabel snorted “yet” they stated at the same time earning a glare from Liz.

“I really don’t think I can do it. I mean I don’t go to football games hell, I use pep rallies as a chance to catch up on my reading.”

“Well then do it as a favor for a friend. This is really important to me Liz and I think you’re the only person I can go to for help. Please, please, please”

Looking at Isabel’s almost desperate expression Liz felt herself cave. After all Isabel was her friend and how bad could it be?

“You gotta do those flips faster Liz!”

Faster? If she went any faster she’d break the sound barrier or her neck. Liz had been learning the squad’s routine in Isabel’s backyard for an hour and a half and every muscle in her body was aching.

Isabel continued to shout “That’s it Liz, Now remember to smile!”

I’ll give you something to smile about you psychotic cheerleading despot. Once she finished Isabel cut off the CD player “That was great, Let’s do it one more time together”

Liz collapsed to the ground panting and sweat soaked in her black shorts and midriff baring top. She glared up at Isabel like she was the devil herself “You do realize I could blast you?”

Unfazed Isabel picked up her pom-poms and motion for Liz to stand “I know. Now 1,2,3…”

Diane and Philip Evans were pulling Chinese takeout containers out of large bag when Max came into the kitchen covered in grease.

Diane took one look at her son and laughed “Where have you been?”

“I was helping Michael try to fix his bike” Max stated as he gulped down a glass of water. “The bike however did not cooperate”

Philip laughed with his wife before glancing out the window. “Hey who’s Izzy’s friend?” Max looked out the window and immediately choked on his water. There was Liz wearing less then he had ever seen her in & to top it off she was doing splits in his backyard.

Philip clapped his back amused “You ok, son?”

Max turned bright red as he coughed “I’m fine”

Isabel and Liz came through the back door and Isabel immediately greeted her parents “Hi Mom, Daddy. This is Liz”

Diane’s face broke out in a wide grin. So this was the girl her children, especially Max, had been talking so much about. “It is so nice to finally meet you Liz”

Liz smiled politely though she was still obviously out of breath “It’s nice to meet you too”

Max moved next to her handing Liz a bottle of water. “Here you look like you need this”

Liz happily accepted the water “my hero”

Isabel rolled her eyes as she moved towards the fridge “thanks bro, I’d love some water”

“So what were you girls up to out there?” Philip asked as he pulled down some plates from the cabinet.

“We were practicing. Liz is the newest West Roswell Cheerleader.”

Max raised an eyebrow looking down at Liz “How’d she talk you into that?”

“She asked and I am a good friend” Liz then lowered her voice so only Max could hear “But if she orders me to smile one more time she’ll be eating her pom-poms”

Diane watched as her son and Liz whispered quietly to one another before they both burst out laughing. “Liz honey do you have plans for tonight?”

Liz finally stopped giggling “No ma’am”

“Well then you have to stay for dinner with us. There’s more than enough here”

“I… Thank you so much for the offer but I am a mess right now and I don’t think…”

Diane cut her off “oh don’t worry about that I’m sure Izzy would be happy to lend you something.”

Max leaned down and whispered in her ear “Surrender now, she’s just like Izzy”

Liz fought the chuckle that was rising in her throat “I’d be happy to”

“Wonderful!” Diane seemed thoroughly happy with herself “Why don’t you girls go wash up?”

After the girls left Philip looked at Max “She’s pretty”

“Da-ad” Max practically whined before heading up to his room.

Philip looked to Diane who had a gleam in her eye “I was just saying”
Last edited by belleoftheball on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

Here is the new part, we'll be going back to the less fluffy material after this. Thanks again for all the feedback and I hope you enjoy.

“Cheerleading!?” Maria practically screeched as she and the rest of the gang minus Liz and Isabel sat around their table in the quad the next morning before class.

“God Maria! I think you just popped my eardrum.” Michael stated rubbing his ear which had unfortunately been inches away from Maria’s screeching voice.

“It’s not that big of a deal, Ria” Alex reassured her while taking a bite of his apple.

“Whatever, I can’t believe you did this to her.”

Alex looked up offended “Hey, how is this my fault?”

Maria glared at Alex “Let me guess how this went down; Isabel comes to you upset about her little problem, she looks at you with those big brown eyes and you just scamper off offering your best friend up on a silver platter to those pom-pom bearing banshees” Seeing the guys beginning to protest she added “I’m not talking about Isabel. I’m referring to the rest of the squad; Pam-whoring bitch-Troy in particular.”

Michael rolled his eyes at Maria’s dramatic antics “Look it’s Liz’s choice ok? Besides why would Pam Troy have an issue with her?"

“Did you not hear the whoring bitch comment? I’m telling you this is a bad idea and Liz doesn’t want to be a cheerleader, the only reason she’s doing this is to help Isabel.”

Max tried to reason with Maria “Maybe, but whatever her reasons Liz did choose to help Isabel by her own free will. I was there last night Maria, Do you really think I’d allow her to be guilt tripped into something she didn’t want to do?”

“Well of course you’ll say that; you are a guy. It’s biological imperative that all guys go ga-ga over a cute girl in a cheerleading outfit”

“Hey I take offense to…” Max started to say before he looked toward the doors leading into the school building “Holy god”

The group looked to see Isabel and Liz walked towards them in their uniforms. Maria smirked at Max and Alex whose jaws had dropped “Point proven”

The uniform made up of a short pleated skirt sleeveless tight fitting shell clung to both girl’s bodies perfectly.

Liz took her seat next to Max fidgeting with the short pleated skirt. “This is weird, I feel ridiculous”

“You look great” Isabel reassured her

Liz looked to Maria raising an eyebrow and knowing she would be brutally honest. Her friend rolled her eyes “Please you look hot and you know it.” Maria might not like the idea of Liz cheering for the masses but she would always support her best friend and the uniform was kinda cute.

Liz returned her smile “Alright let’s talk about something besides cheerleading.”

“Heard you met Max’s parents last night.” Michael stated while wrapping his arm around Maria’s waist and pulling her closer to him.

Max smirked “It was definitely interesting”

“I felt like I was going through the Spanish inquisition the only difference was there was ice cream”

The others laughed as Isabel light heartedly defended her parents “It wasn’t that bad; they just want to make sure you’re good enough for their precious baby boy” She stated before making a grab to pinch Max’s cheeks.

Max quickly ducked out of her grasp “Don’t even”

Just then Pam Troy and her minions made their way to the table and she immediately zoomed in on Max “Hi Max” She stated seductively trying to draw attention to her chest which at the moment was displayed prominently.

Max looked away uncomfortably “Pam” He didn’t know why but for some reason Pam was constantly trying to talk to him. The girls at the table all narrowed their eyes at Pam more then a little disgusted by her behavior, Liz looked about ready to draw blood.

Isabel looked to Pam more than a little annoyed and her ice princess façade came out full force. “What do you want, Pam?”

Pam was a little taken aback by Isabel’s tone. It seemed that ever since Liz Parker had came to the school Isabel had been spending more and more time with this group. She was even dating that computer geek Alex. “Isabel I actually came to talk to you, Why is she wearing a uniform?” Pam stated disdainfully as she pointed a perfectly manicured fingernail at Liz.

“Liz is replacing Vicky at the pep rally and game tonight” Isabel then turned away signaling an end to the conversation.

“You can’t make a decision like that. There is no way little ms. science was able to learn our routines in one day.”

The entire group turned to Pam ready to come to Liz’s defense. Of course that wasn’t necessary, Liz smiled sweetly up at Pam “I’m sure if someone with your limited brain capacity can learn to walk and chew gum at the same time; I can manage a couple of routines.”

The minions gasped at Liz’s comment and Pam sent her a deathly glare. “What did you say?”

Maria spoke very slowly so Pam could follow “She said you are an airheaded bimbo. What’s wrong? Did all the bleach you use on your hair finally seep into what was left of your brain?”

“You little…” Pam started but Maria immediately jumped up ready for a fight.

“Little what?” Maria started before Michael took a step between the girls.

“Enough!” Isabel stated glaring at Pam “I’m captain and I say Liz is taking Vicky’s place. End of discussion”

Pam looked at the people at the table with disgust “I can’t believe how low you have fallen Isabel”

“Yeah it’s a big loss” Isabel stated flippantly as Pam finally left “What a bitch”

As the rest of the morning went on Max felt his blood pressure rise higher and higher. It seemed every male in the school had suddenly taken an interest in his girlfriend. What the hell? He knew she was gorgeous but this was getting ridiculous.

“Woah Max chill!” Isabel stated coming to his side by the lockers. “Why are you thinking about killing half the schools population?”

“I told you to quit reading my thoughts.”

“Yeah, well you’re projecting your thoughts, not my fault. I’m fairly certain your giving Maria a headache and she’s on the other end of the campus. What’s the problem?”

“I watched three guys hit on Liz while she was in Gym today”

Isabel forehead furrowed in confusion “you don’t have gym with Liz”

Max slammed his locker shut “No but my lit class has a window overlooking the soccer field. So I got to watch this happen and couldn’t do a damn thing about it.”

Isabel had never seen her brother so worked up and despite herself she felt amused by it “You know Liz isn’t interested in anyone else.”

Max practically ground out “That’s not the point”

“You know it might help if people actually knew you were together.”

“What?” He asked confused. They were always together, wasn’t it obvious?

Reading his thoughts Isabel sighed “No it’s not. You are always together but you are also usually with someone else; that lends to the idea that you’re just friends. Plus unlike some people ie Michael and Maria you’re not spending quality time in the eraser room. My point is it’s not painfully obvious to anyone outside our group that you two are together.”

“That doesn’t make sense; you and Alex aren’t all over each other; thank god otherwise I’d be scarred for life”

Isabel rolled her eyes “But I’ve stopped dating other guys. People notice that and you never dated anyone so there’s no noticeable change.”

Max considered this for a second, it did make sense. He was about to thank Isabel when he spotted Liz down the hall talking to Kyle Valenti who was obviously interested. His eyes narrowed as started down the hall vaguely aware Isabel was calling after him. “Max! Max! Don’t do anything stupid! Please!”

Kyle Valenti had cornered Liz right after her gym class and they had been talking for about five minutes when he asked if she was doing anything Friday night. He seemed like a nice enough guy so she tried to let him down softly. “That’s really nice, but I’m involved with someone”

“Really?” Kyle asked surprised, he didn’t know she had a boyfriend and he was usually aware of these things.

Liz looked confused for a second as she muttered to herself “Why does everyone seem shocked by that?”

“I’m sorry I had no idea” Kyle stated before his eyes widened when Max Evans came up from behind Liz and wrapped his arms around her waist before pulling her back against him. Liz looked behind her shocked but upon recognizing Max she immediately relaxed against him. Kyle shook his head surprised “Really had no idea.”

Liz smiled politely while Max just glared and Kyle made a quick exit. Liz turned in Max’s arms blissfully unaware of the attention they were receiving “What was that about?”

Max pulled her closer “nothing, let’s get out of here”

Liz laughed lightly “and go where? Isabel will kill me if I’m not back in time for the pep rally.”

“I’ll have you back in time” Max promised as he nuzzled into her neck shooting her heart rate through the roof.

“Ok, let’s go”

They made a quick dash to the doors unaware that Pam Troy had watched the whole scene and was fuming. She slammed her way into the girls bathroom two of her minions close behind her. “That Bitch! What the hell does Max see in that mousy little twit!”

“You are so right Pam” One of the girls agreed though Pam paid little mind to her. Pam had always gotten any guy she set her sights on and to think that Liz Parker had beaten her to Max Evans infuriated her.

Suddenly a plan formed in her head “Well little Lizzie Parker is going down. Even if she knows the routines it shouldn’t be too hard to cause a little misstep. Having her fall on her ass in front of the entire school should be interesting. Maybe we’ll get lucky and she’ll break something.”

After Pam and her friends left; two stalls opened up. Maria and Isabel stepped out mad as hell. Isabel moved to the door muttering under her breath “that bitch is going down”

Maria however grabbed her arm stopping her “I’ve got a better idea; let’s find Alex”

“Alex? Why?”

Maria grinned “Because we can beat her down like she justly deserves or we can get even.”

Students were finishing piling into the auditorium for the pep rally and Liz still wasn’t there. Pam sneered over at Isabel “Well where is little Ms. Science? She chicken out?”

“Stuff it Pam” Isabel stated as she walked over to the stands where Michael, Maria, and Alex were. “Where’s Liz?”

“She and Max took off right before lunch. No one has seen them since.” Michael answered.

“I’m gonna kill them” Isabel ground out. Sure, now her brother decides to act like a normal boyfriend.

“Don’t worry Iz. Even if Liz would be willing to blow this off; which she wouldn’t. Max is too scared of you to risk it.” Maria piped in though she inconspicuously checked her watch. Where were they?

Max and Liz were right outside the auditorium still clinging to each other. “I really need to get in there” Liz stated as she pulled away from another breathless kiss.

“Do you really want to?” Max answered trailing kisses down her neck.

Liz laughed as she pulled back further “what has gotten into you?” After they left the school they had ended up in the desert where they spent the majority of the afternoon making out. Liz wasn’t complaining but Max didn’t normally act this way.

“Nothing” Max answered before pulling her back towards him. “I just want to be near you.”

She smiled up at him wrapping her arms around his neck “Yeah, and this has nothing to do with Kyle Valenti asking me out?” Liz immediately noticed Max tensing up at her statement and raised an eyebrow “Strike a nerve?”

Max shrugged “Yeah, it bothered me”

“Why?”

“Because you’re…never mind you’d take it the wrong way.”

Max started to take a step back but Liz stopped him “No; finish what you were going to say. I’m what?”

Max sighed before finally snapping “You’re mine ok?! I know that probably pisses you off to no end but that’s how I feel and just thinking about you with someone else drives me crazy. There are you happy?” He then braced himself for what he was sure would be tirade about she didn’t belong to anyone least of all him.

However the last thing he expected was what happened next. Liz simply nodded her head calmly “You’re right”

Max felt his head spin in confusing “Come again?”

Liz laughed at his expression as she wrapped her arms around his waist “I choose to be yours. It’s that simple; I’m not saying you can control me but I am yours Max; and I don’t want to be anyone else’s.” She waited a beat and when he still hadn’t said anything she asked “is that ok with you?”

He answered her by kissing her deeply. They were both so lost in the perfection of the moment neither noticed they were leaning against the door until it opened and they stumbled backwards into the auditorium. There was a brief moment of silence before the auditorium erupted in applause and wolf whistles. Max and Liz both turned bright red as they quickly made their way over to their friends. Isabel glared at them while the rest of the group could barely contain their laughter. Isabel finally looked at her brother “When I said it might help if people actually knew you were together, this is not what I meant.”

Despite Isabel’s anger Max and Liz couldn’t help but want to laugh at the situation. “Sorry”

Isabel rolled her eyes and tugged on Liz’s arm “Let’s go”

Max climbed into the bleachers next to Michael and noticed Alex and Maria whispering to each other conspiratorially. “What are you up to?”

“A preventive strike” Michael answered for the pair.

“Yeah what he said” Maria piped in.

“What’s going on?”

“Pam Troy is planning on sabotaging Liz.”

“WHAT?!”

“Calm down; we’ve got it covered.” Alex reassured him.

Michael turned to Alex “What I don’t understand is why you couldn’t do this when we were fighting for our lives”

Maria hit him upside the head “Hey you try using mind control on half a dozen skins while their attacking you. Back off of Alex”

Michael rubbed the back of his head “Could you please quit doing that, there’s a dent forming back there”

The cheerleaders began their routine then and anyone paying any attention could see the venomous glares Liz was getting from Pam. Those glares were quickly replaced with embarrassment as Pam made mistake after mistake thanks to Alex mind control power. She constantly missed steps, lost her balance when doing simple flips and even misspelled Comets as she shouted out the letters of the school’s mascot. Pam ran out of the auditorium before the rally was half way over. Liz looked over at Isabel who had a self satisfied smirk on her face and then turned to the audience and looked at Maria and Alex. They smiled and shrugged their shoulders and Liz simply shook her head, whatever happened she was fairly certain Pam had it coming.

That night after the game Isabel and Liz were hanging out in Liz room eating popcorn and watching a movie.

“Did I tell you Pam quit the squad?” Isabel asked as she braided her blonde hair.

“Who can blame her? You guys were vicious” Liz stated with a smile “Though she totally had it coming”

Isabel grinned “That she did; but we do have a permanent opening on the squad if you’re interested. The rest of the squad how great you were and they wanted me to ask you.”

“I don’t think so Iz. It was fun to try out but I still don’t think I’m cut out for it.”

“Well I had to ask. I do appreciate you doing this for me Liz and if you ever need a favor from me it’s yours.”

“Really?” Liz asked

“Absolutely” Isabel stated though she missed the predatory glint that had formed in Liz’s eyes.

“That’s great cause the science club attendance is really low and I figured if THE Isabel Evans joined for a couple of meetings it would really help out.”

Isabel laughed “yeah right” She then saw Liz’s expression and choked on her laughter “You’re serious?”

“Absolutely. Please Isabel do it as a favor for a friend”

“Damn it” Isabel stated as she dropped her face into her pillow.
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

New Part! As always thank you for the feedback I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me.

Quick Note: In case you haven’t noticed Michael is an emancipated minor, however in this story Hank just skipped town, he wasn’t killed.

Maria was sitting on Michael’s couch combing out her hair which was a tangled mess after their recent make out session.

“Do you want a Snapple?” Michael called out from the kitchen.

Maria rolled her eyes knowing that Snapple was probably the only thing he had in his fridge. “Sure, and some of those Jalapeno potato chips. Grab a drink for Liz will you? She should be here any minute she just had to pick up the pizza.”

Michael grumbled “Tell me again why we are doing this here? And why the hell I am doing this at all?”

“We’re using your place because it was the only way me and Liz could be sure you’d show up and you are here because Liz and I are the only ones in the class who agreed to having you join our group for the project.”

“This is crap, I’ve shown up for English maybe three times this semester.”

“Which is why you have to do well on this project if you’re going to pass. Quit complaining will ya?”

“Whatever” He grumbled. Just then there was a knock on the door “It’s open!”

Outside Liz was balancing 2 pizzas in one hand and the books that wouldn’t fit in her backpack with her other hand. She rolled her eyes as Michael called out and continued to knock harder using her foot. Finally she could hear Michael practically stomp towards the door and could just barely hear him say “What does she want? An engraved invitation? I knew the queen thing would go to her head”

When he finally opened the door Liz glared at him before shoving the books into his hands. “Thanks for the help, the queen appreciates it”

Maria bit her lip to keep from laughing out as Michael at least had the sense to look embarrassed that Liz had heard him. It was funny, most of the time Liz was just your normal teen but when she wanted to she could fix you with a glare that just screamed “I am queen and you will listen” Not even Isabel had perfected that expression and Michael currently looked like a whipped puppy.

Liz sat down next to Maria and opened up the pizza boxes. Maria tapped her arm and whispered “show mercy” before nodding towards Michael.

Liz saw Michael’s expression and rolled her eyes before smiling at him “Double meat for you, right?”

Releasing the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding Michael settled down on the floor and grabbed a slice. “So what’s the deal with this project?”

“We’ve been studying Literature from Great Britain so the project is to show what influences from real life made there way to the writing” Maria stated before stopping to take a bite “Liz I’m sure has already made an outline”

“Hey I take offense to that! You don’t know if I made an outline maybe I was waiting for your opinions.” Maria and Michael both just raised an eyebrow at her causing Liz to sigh and pull two printouts from her bag to hand to them. “One of these days you will have to do the outlines yourselves”

Michael snorted in disbelief “Yeah and one day Isabel will relinquish Christmas decorating duties to me and Max.”

“Anyway” Liz continued “I’m going to cover the impact of leaders and royalty, I gave Maria the church’s influence, and Michael can cover war”

“War?” Michael asked hopefully, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad.

“Yeah, I figured you would at least be somewhat interested in that topic”

Maria smiled “See this is why you make the outlines”

An hour and a half latter they had made some good progress. It was amazing to see Michael actually participating in anything school related and actually doing well on top of that. They had decided to take a break when Michael’s cell phone rang. Looking at his caller id he groaned “It’s Jose he probably wants me to cover at the crashdown tomorrow night”

“Not a chance, you are taking me out tomorrow night” Maria stated sternly

“I know, I know Just give me a sec.” Michael moved to the back of the apartment to finish the conversation.

Liz turned to Maria “So things are good with you two?”

Maria smiled back “Yeah, we might not have the star-crossed lovers thing you and Max have but it’s good.”

“Well technically we all have the star-crossed thing considering we crossed the stars literally.”

Maria threw a pillow at her “shut up. By the way how is Isabel enjoying her penance for subjecting you to pom-pom hell?”

Liz laughed lightly “It wasn’t that bad and she’s alright now. At first you would think joining the science club was absolute torture but she got Alex to come with her so that helped and then we’re covering astronomy this month so she’s actually having a good time.”

“Go figure” Just then there was a knock on the door causing Maria to look at her watch “It’s 10:30 who’d come by this late?”

Liz shrugged her shoulders as she started to clean up the mess in the living room while Maria went to answer the door. As she pulled it open an older man stood on the other side. He looked like a slob and not in the appealing way Michael could be sometimes. His clothes were stained and he was sporting a beer gut. Maria immediately assumed it was one of Michael’s neighbors “Can I help you with something?”

The man looked over Maria’s body causing her to wince in disgust “I’m looking for Michael Guerin”

At this point Liz started to feel a little uneasy and moved to stand next to Maria “Who’s asking?”

The man looked over Liz and then tried to force his way inside “Looks like Mikey has got himself a nice little setup, Where’s the blonde he use to hang around with?”

Maria pulled the door closer to herself preventing him from coming in “Look I don’t know who you are but you’re not coming in here. We’ll tell Michael you were here, ok?”

He grabbed Maria’s wrist “You tell that little punk he has a lot of explaining to do.”

Suddenly the man was pushed out of the doorway by Michael who then shoved him off the small porch “Do not touch her!!! What the hell are you doing here?”

Maria and Liz rushed out on the porch flanking Michael’s side “Michael, what’s going on?” Maria immediately asked.

The man stood up slowly brushing the dust off his clothes “You finally grew a backbone boy, now what did you do with my money and my stuff?”

Michael gently pushed both the girls behind him as he turned on his once foster father “What money Hank? You mean the money you got from the government for keeping me? That stopped because I’m emancipated and since you weren’t around to pay the bills the trailer was repossessed. So just go back to wherever the hell you’ve been and stay there.”

Hank glared at Michael harshly “You think you’re better than me boy? You’re nothing, no one wants you, they never have”

“Why don’t you just shut the hell up?!” Maria screamed as she visibly shook with anger. Michael had only told her a few things about Hank but it was enough for her to hate the man.

Liz didn’t have a clue what was going on but she knew this Hank was verbally attacking a member of her family and that did not fly with her “Seems to me the only one not wanted here is you, so why don’t you go before we call the police for trespassing?”

Hank looked to Michael with a smirk “Quite a little harem you have going here”

Michael’s eyes darkened even further and Maria placed her hand on his arm hoping to stop him from doing something stupid “Stay the hell away from them”

Hank laughed as he turned away “This isn’t over boy” He walked away and once he was out of earshot he stated under his breath “Not over by a long shot, Rath”
Last edited by belleoftheball on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belleoftheball
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by belleoftheball »

Yes I am back and I apologize for essentially abandoning this entire board. My real life turned into an absolute and total mess over the summer and i pretty much lost all my free time due to situations which would no doubt bore you all. But I am back and it is my New Years resolution not to abandon things I start. So without further ado...

Max and Isabel were walking through the hallways of the school the next morning, when Liz rushed towards them “Have you guys seen Michael?”

The siblings took in Liz’s anxious appearance and quickly became concerned. Max grabbed both girls hands and pulled them towards an empty classroom. Isabel immediately asked “What’s going on?”

Liz pulled back her hair with her hands and quickly released it again. “I don’t know, that’s the point. Maria and I were at Michael’s last night and this guy showed up. From what I gathered he was Michael’s foster father…”

“What!” Max exclaimed while Isabel instantly demanded “What did he want!?”

Liz became even more frustrated “See this is what I’m talking about, The jerk shows up says some hateful things and leaves. Then Michael returns to his closed off ass-like behavior and tells me and Maria to leave. I tried to talk to Maria but she won’t say anything. Then Alex and I wake up this morning only to find Maria gone and a note saying she went back to Michael’s.”

“Well that’s good at least Michael’s with someone” Max tried to calm Liz only to irritate her further.

“No! not good. We can’t find them. They’re not at school and Alex already checked at Michael’s.”

“Liz calm down. Maybe they just needed some time to themselves.” Isabel tried to reassure though she herself was concerned.

“Maria always answers her cell even just to say she can’t talk or at the very least she returns the call as quickly as possible. She knows better then to scare Alex and I like that. Something is not right here. Does it have anything to do with this Hank guy?”

She could see Max and Isabel shift uncomfortably and suppressed the urge to scream. “You need to tell me, if Michael and Maria are in trouble then I need to know.” She waited a beat and when they still didn’t say anything Liz looked directly into Max’s eyes “please”

Max took a deep breath before both he and Isabel explained what a bastard Hank truly was.

Maria woke up slowly before sitting up and stretching her arms. The desert air was quickly warming and fighting off the chill from the night before. She felt bad for just leaving the way she did, she was sure Liz and Alex were worried but she knew Michael needed her. When she came back to Michael’s apartment he immediately tried to send her away but she would here none of it. They argued before finally reaching the compromise that neither would stay there. They had driven out to the desert and fallen asleep under the stars. Maria hated how the appearance of this one man had so completely shaken Michael.

Michael was standing off to the side looking at the desert horizon lost in thought. Why the hell did hank have to show up now? Despite all the alien drama that still existed; Michael was actually starting to enjoy his life. He was supporting himself, he had friends, and most importantly he had Maria. Sure she was bossy and at times annoying but she was still the best thing that had ever happened to him, so when he saw the worst person in his life come in contact with the best; it took all of Michael’s strength not to blast Hank back to whatever hell he was spawned from.

He was startled out of his dark thoughts as Maria stepped up beside him “hey”

“Hey”

Maria sighed and braced herself for the argument she was about to start. “So… are we gonna discuss what to do about Hank?”

“No” Michael stated simply before turning his back and heading back to the car.

“Michael!” Maria hurried after him as she continued to speak “You can’t just ignore the problem and hope it goes away. What if he keeps harassing you?”

Michael threw the blankets they had used the night before into the backseat of the car. “Drop it Maria. I’ll handle Hank.”

“Why are you being so stubborn? Just file a restraining order against his ass.”

“That’s a great idea, bring more attention not only to myself but to all of us just to keep Hank away. It doesn’t even matter he probably left town already.”

“What if he didn’t? Then what?!” At this point they were both screaming at each other as their tempers began to rise.

“I’ll figure something out!” Michael slammed his hand on the hood of the car in frustration accidentally sending burst of energy into the engine. Smoke slowly started coming out from under the hood “Damn it!” He quickly popped the hood as Maria groaned while reaching into the car to turn the engine. Sure enough nothing happened when she turned the key.

“Great just great” She muttered causing Michael to respond back immediately

“Fine blame me, go ahead!”

Maria pulled her phone out consciously trying control her own temper “I’m not blaming you, just chill out and I’ll call for a tow and….Mother Fucking Son of a Bitching Whore!”

“What?!”

Maria held her phone up “No reception and the text I sent to Liz last night failed to go through so she and Alex are probably freaking right now. Damn it!”

“So basically we’re stuck here in the middle of nowhere?”

Maria slumped against the car “yep”

Isabel, Alex, and Liz stood at the front of the school during their lunch period. Max had left school to look for Michael and Maria. They all would have left but Max convinced them that having the entire group absent would be more then a little suspicious. Luckily they at least knew where to look since Alex was able to use the GPS on Maria’s phone to track them. The phone at least was in the desert a couple of miles from the pod chamber.

“We all just need to stay calm. Max will find them and everything will be fine” Liz stated more to herself then to her two friends.

Isabel leaned in closer to Alex resting her head on his shoulder. Alex dropped a kiss on her forehead before reaching his hand out to grab Liz’s and force her to sit on the bench with them. “They are fine. You know if something happened we’d feel it.”

“Yeah” Though Liz hardly seemed sure of herself. They all jumped when Liz’s cell rang and she quickly answered it “Max?”

There was a slight pause and then she looked to Alex and Isabel “He found them. They’re fine.” She turned back to the phone “Put Maria on will you…Ria you scared the hell out of us!”

Alex snickered a little as he listened to Liz give Maria what for. He looked over at Isabel expecting to see her enjoying the show as well. Instead she was staring intently at the school’s main entrance. Alex followed her gaze but only saw a man walking towards the office. “Izzy?”

“It’s Hank” Isabel whispered back

Alex’s eyes widened briefly before he turned to Liz and motioned for her to get off the phone.

Liz was a little confused but wrapped up the conversation quickly “Look we’ll meet you at Michael’s after school ok? Bye.” She turned off the phone and turned to Alex expectantly

“Hank’s here”

Liz looked towards the school and recognized Hank immediately. Her eyes narrowed as she began walking towards the door and motioned for them to follow. The trio slid up to the main office and stood beside the doorway just out of sight.

“Where’s Michael Guerin” Hank stated rudely to the school secretary.

Liz turned to Isabel and whispered “can you…”

Isabel nodded and concentrated on reading Hank’s thoughts.

The secretary was obviously nervous as she stated “I’m sorry sir but I can’t tell you the whereabouts of a student”

Hank grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen and began writing “Fine, then you give this to Michael, can you do that?”

Isabel released a sharp gasp causing both Alex and Liz to look up alarmed. Seeing Hank was about to leave the office they all made a quick dash around the corner and down the hallway away from him. Once they were safe Alex turned to Isabel “What was he thinking?”

Isabel was pale as she grabbed Alex’s hand “Rath. He was saying Michael but he was thinking Rath.”

Liz felt her stomach drop dramatically “You mean…”

Isabel nodded “That is not Hank.”