Exit Strategy (CHMD,XO,UC,Mature) Ch 18 10/25/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Chapter 10

Living Room

Cole ignored the inquiring gaze coming from Phoebe; instead he opened with the statement he planned on starting with after he introduced Liz to the sisters. “I didn’t kill her Phoebe. I swear I didn’t even hurt her.” It’s important she knew that.

She nodded, “I know it’s ok. We believe you. I know that you wouldn’t kill that witch but,” should she even ask the question? Cole wasn’t going to be thrilled she suspected his ex-lover. “What about Elizeran? She could have done it if you left her alone for any amount of time.”

Cole shot a glare at her how could Phoebe think Liz had anything to do with the witch dying. Wasn’t the fact that he trusted Liz reason enough for Phoebe to trust her? “No, for one thing she was with me the whole time, which is what someone does when they're watching your back. Second of all Liz has changed, the only way she’d kill that witch was if that were the only option left to her.” He couldn’t stand Phoebe’s ability to jump to conclusions so quickly, she didn’t even know Liz.

“Well you can’t blame me for thinking the worst of her Cole. She’s a demon and demons kill innocents. I should know I deal with demons every damn day.”

“I'm a demon Phoebe; does that mean you think I killed the witch?” Cole questioned, was Phoebe going to admit that she’s sometimes scared he’d go back to killing the good in the world?

Instead of answering she changed the subject. “I'm almost done with the potion to turn you human. All we’re missing is one ingredient, billings root…whatever that is. But once I find it I’ll be able to finish it.” That would hopefully get Cole of the subject of Elizeran.

“I don’t know if I even want it anymore. Liz has managed to live a normal life while still being a demon. If she can do it then she can teach me how.” Cole explained to his girlfriend. That way he’d be able to stay strong and be there if Phoebe needed protecting.

“What? Cole you can’t continue to be a demon. If you use your powers then bounty hunters will come after you. Besides how do you know that she’s stayed a good little demon, she could have been killing innocents on the side? You don’t know Cole.” He couldn’t be serious about not becoming human.

“No, she wouldn’t lie to me. Once Elizeran sets her mind to something she does it. Even if she was lying I’d be able to tell.” Cole admitted. Hell he’d seen every one of her expressions and he knew her little mannerisms when she was lying.

“Cole when I saw you this morning you were hanging on by a thread. Now all of a sudden she’s with you and you’re fine. What changed in these few hours besides her being around?” She didn’t know how long she could stand sleeping with a demon. When they made love sometimes he changed into Belthazor and she had to fight to keep her dinner down.

Cole shrugged his shoulders, “Nothing, but being around Liz and talking to her again, I forgot how much I missed that.” He knew that’d hurt Phoebe but he couldn’t lie to her or worry about that now. “If I told her that I need her help to co-exist with my demon like she does I won’t have to become human.”

“I can’t continue to sleep with you and be with you if you stay a demon Cole.” Phoebe quickly put a hand up to her mouth to cover the blunder but the words had already reached his ears. Cole heard it loud and clear.

“Excuse me?” Hurt flashed deep in his eyes. “You’re telling me that if I don’t become human you and I are basically through? That’s great Phoebe; it’s nice to know that my demon disgusts you.”

“No, no, Cole that’s not what I meant, I—“

“Forget about it Phoebe. Elizeran and I have been ordered to kill the next witch.” The coldness of his words hit her hard in the heart. “I suggest you get there before we have to kill her. If you don’t she’s dead so we can keep our cover.” Cole left her standing in the living room and returned to the kitchen where Liz was talking easily with the sisters. That’s a sight he’d never though he’d see in all his years.

“Hey Cole.” Liz laughed out a greeting. Prue just told her a funny story about Piper when she was little and would freeze Andy a friend of theirs that passed away two years ago. Immediately though she cut off her laughter seeing Cole’s expression of hurt and betrayal. “Baby, what happened?” She didn’t care that she used the term of endearment with the sisters in the room.

He shook his head. “I’ll tell you later.” Phoebe burst through the swinging door behind him shouting his name.

“Cole, baby please let me explain.” It was embarrassing that she and Cole were fighting in front of Elizeran. It was bad enough with her sisters in the room but Cole’s ex-demon lover was far worse.

“There’s no need to explain Phoebe. My demon side disgusts you. At least now I know, is this why you wanted me to take the potion so you wouldn’t have to put up with the few times I do change into Belthazor?”

Piper tossed the dishtowel on the island. “Oh Phoebe you didn’t?” She scolded. Even if that side did repulse her she shouldn’t have told Cole that. That’s a wonderful way to put a major crimp in the relationship.

Liz rose from the table and stood next to Cole rubbing circles on his back. She let him know without words that she’s there for him and would support any decisions he decided on. If he asked her to she’d kill the Charmed Ones no questions asked even though she’d made friends with Piper and Prue. Liz knew how dangerous her love for Cole was; she’d send the entire world to the Shadow Realm happily if he asked her too with those vibrant green eyes of his.

“Would you please stop touching him, he’s my boyfriend.” Phoebe whined out, she had no right to lay a single talon on her man.

“I’ll stop if Cole asks me too, which I'm not hearing him ask.” Liz stated boldly smirking cruelly at the young witch. “Now why the Hell did you even continue dating him when you found out that he’s the demon that tried to kill you all? Especially if you hated the demon so much?”

“His human half doesn’t repulse me.” Cringing she closed her eyes as if trying to block out her stupidity.

“Damn you’re just digging that hole deeper aren’t ya?” Liz reveled in Phoebe’s slip-ups but her heart went out to Cole, she hated that the bitch hurt him. “How can you claim to love someone when you hate half of him? Belthazor is so handsome, all the red along his face, the color of passion and fire, so muscular and tall that you’d get lost in his embrace, strong and powerful, he is the perfect male demon specimen.”

“Of course you like how he looks, demons like how other demons look.” Phoebe naïvely stated, she knew nothing about demon society except what Cole has told her which wasn’t that much. Sure she could vanquish them with ease but having actual knowledge about demons was a big fat no.

Liz and Cole simultaneously shook their heads, “No way sweetie.” Liz exclaimed. “You try being attracted to a demon with puss and bile oozing out from his rolls of fat slimy skin. I swear the only demons that are remotely turned on by them are their own kind. The demons throw up on you while mating with you, it’s not pretty.”

“And you know that how?” Cole questioned, he’d love to hear this story.

“It was apart Demon Mating Rituals at the Academy. That was one week where I didn’t sleep all that much.” She shivered remember the visual.

Wait, Academy? Demons went to an Academy? “Umm, you had to go to a special school? Why?”

“I'm a demon. Normally if you know you’re a demon you get sent to the Academy for schooling.” Other than that she couldn’t tell them anything. If she did she’d have more problems than just bounty hunters coming after her. “It’s not like we can go to normal high schools, there are certain things we need to learn that aren’t taught in human high schools.”

“We must go,” Cole interrupted Liz’s explanation, although not revealing anything top-secret the second witch would begin her coven meeting soon. He and Liz had to be there, “The witches are going to be at the park.” He gave them directions only glancing at Phoebe once before switching his gaze down to Liz. Cole encased her once again securely in his embrace, without another word he shimmered them from the Manor to his apartment a few miles away from the Halliwell’s home.

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

pandas2001: I'm glad you like the idea. But I won't be posting any more Elizeran stories till this one is done unless it's a one-parter because it'd be too confusing to remember which info goes to which story. :lol:

A.N. I rewrote this chapter three times, at first it was a full Phoebe, Prue, and Piper chapter but I changed it so now it’s a little of the Charmed Ones but more Cole/Liz.

Chapter 11

Manor

Prue stared at her youngest sister in disbelief. “Pheebs what were you thinking telling Cole that his demon disgusts you? With Liz in the picture you two are already having problems but to add that to the mix?” She tried to keep the judgment out of her voice but in this situation she found it impossible.

“First of all I did not mean to tell him. This morning Cole was on the human train then he hooks up with that demon bitch and he doesn’t want to become human.” Phoebe ran a hand through her hair. “Now he thinks he can learn to co-exist with his demon and not be evil. Demons are evil; I don’t care how strong Cole is no one is that strong.”

Nervously Piper licked her lips before lifting her gaze from the plate in front of her up to Phoebe’s. “Actually it might not be a bad idea for Cole to learn to live with demon side and also be good.” She knew her statement was going to cause an uproar but she had to be honest to her sister.

“I'm sorry what? What good would that do? Cole would be constantly tempted but the dark side. You see how he is now, he can barely hold on.” Phoebe argued not liking where this conversation was heading.

“While you and Cole were talking in the living room we talked to Elizeran. She explained that Cole is killing himself by not accepting his demon. She’s managed to stay on the side of good for almost five years Pheebs and she seems fine with everything.” Prue linked her fingers together. “But Cole whose been trying to be human for only a couple months, like you said, can barely hang on.”

“So you believe a demon over me? Thanks for the support guys.” Phoebe left the kitchen and hurried to her room. What was it about Elizeran that made people, even her own sisters, like her? Was she using some kind of potion or pheromone against them?

She heard Piper and Prue’s feet on the stairs, striding down the hall toward her room. It wasn’t long before there’s a knock at the door. “Pheebs open the door. Listen Elizeran said that we should talk to Leo if we don’t believe her. Which is what we were going to tell you before you stomped out of the kitchen.”

Reluctantly she opened the door and glared at her siblings. “Why can’t you support me on this? Don’t I know what’s best for my boyfriend?” She tapped the wood frame waiting for their answers.

“It’s not a matter of supporting you Phoebe. It’s a matter of what’s the best option for Cole’s well being. Yes, your idea sounds reasonable but shouldn’t we look into this new idea before deciding anything?” Seeing she was not getting anywhere with her Piper tried a different tactic. “If you don’t at least check the option out and hear him out you’ll be pushing him to Elizeran is that what you want?”

Cole’s Apartment

“So, that was the girlfriend?” Liz started; since they arrived she made herself comfortable on Cole’s couch. “A little whiny don’t you think?” All right she knew it might not be the best move to question the irritant he chose as his girlfriend but it was so easy.

Cole shrugged out of his coat. “You could say that.” Although he wasn’t so sure they were together any more.

“Listen, I don’t mean to put her down or anything…” Who they Hell was she trying to kid of course she meant to put Phoebe down. “But she’s not someone I’d have ever pictured with you.” Liz leaned down slipping off her heels and folded her legs under her. “Why did you hook up with her?” She quietly asked.

Seeing her sitting on his couch, barefoot and innocent looking—even in her sexy outfit, brought back nights when they laid in bed or sat at the dining room table and talked. He sighed and sat next to her, why did he begin a relationship with Phoebe? “I was lonely.” Cole narrowed his eyes in realization.

“I'm sorry.” Liz whispered she never should have left him; she never should have left ‘them’, their relationship. Then again she didn’t really have a choice did she and if she hadn’t left Alex and Maria wouldn’t have been apart of her life. Killing witches, Whitelighters, and rogue demons would still be her life’s work. “I shouldn’t have left you, not how I did anyway.” She stared at her linked fingers.

Cole’s jaw tightened. “Well you did.” He growled. Anger that has been bubbling under the surface since Liz vanished came rushing to the forefront. He pushed up from the couch and stared down at her fury flaming from his eyes. “Do you have any idea how I felt when I woke up to a note on your pillow?”

The hurt she saw coming from him, aimed at her, tore her heart in half. “I'm sorry Cole.” She wanted to say more but couldn’t open her mouth to say everything she wanted too.

“You’re sorry? You’re fucking sorry.” He flung his hands out in frustration. If he didn’t love her so much he’d throw an energy ball at her for hurting him like no one had before or since. “Every day you told me you loved me. Every day I told you the same thing. Were you lying to me when you said you loved me?”

“No! I loved you Cole. I still love you.” Liz spoke with such conviction that he wanted to believe her, but he couldn’t. Her actions when she left contradicted what she said.

“Then why did you leave me? Hell if you told me you wanted to leave I would have gone with you. I didn’t need the Brotherhood. I needed you. I wanted you.” Cole struggled out, his voice growing hoarse. They were together for twenty years as lovers, they were friends and colleagues for a lot longer and she just abandoned him. What they shared meant nothing to her.

“I explained all this in the letter.” She couldn’t look him in the eye. Meeting their eyes would break her like nothing on this Earth.

Cole growled his irritation. “Dammit, yes I read your excuse. The Source refused to give you a vacation. Fantastic, but that doesn’t explain why you didn’t tell me before you vanished into the shadows only to show up in the alien capital of the world. Not only that but staying there for four years.”

Yes, the vacation excuse was completely bull. If Cole knew the real reason she left in the dead of night leaving behind her friends, her life and her lover he’d be furious. Oh, not at her—at the Source, he’d get himself killed taking his rage out on him. The whole point for this fiasco was so he wouldn’t die.

“I don’t know what else to tell you or how else to explain it. A vacation was needed so I took it. Don’t know what else you want.” Liz called up every lesson she’d ever been taught to keep from crying out the truth.

“How about the truth for once. You’ve never lied to me before. But I’ve seen you lie to others and you always do that.” He pointed at her hand where her index and thumb were rubbing together. Immediately she stopped the movement. “Now tell me the truth.”

Liz swung her legs out from under her behind placing them firmly on the floor. She grabbed her shoes off the floor balancing them between her two fingers and stood up. “No. If I tell you worse things will happen. Let’s just go deal with this witch and go on with our lives.” She turned toward the dining room and readied herself to travel through the shadows but Cole grabbed her around the waist keeping her prisoner.

“What do you mean worse things will happen? What are you protecting me from?”

“Nothing, forget I said anything.” She could break his hold in a second but if this was the last time he embraced her she didn’t want it to end.

“Dammit tell me now!” Cole demanded.

Angry she shouted. “Fine! The Source gave me a choice. Either I leave or he kills you!” Silence followed her outburst. “There…are you happy now? You know why I disappeared from our bed with only a note on my pillow.”

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

orphyfets
jamy21
pandas2001: All your questions will be answered at some point in the fic. I already have the scenes where they're answered written out I just have to figure out where they go. :D
Liz2Infinity: You will find out...not in the this chapter but soon.
forever dreamer

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

Chapter 12

“That’s why you left?” His voice didn’t rise above a whisper.

Tears cascaded down her face, Cole felt the drops of water hit his jacket sleeve. “The love I have for you is dangerous Cole.” A sob escaped, “I’d swallow the entire world into the Shadow Realm if it means you’ll still be alive.” She admitted.

Cole shook his head, “I know you would…I do the same for you.” He said passionately. As if she’d break he gently turned her body to face him. Liz’s face was red and swollen from her tears; his heart broke into pieces when she stared up at him. Those bright blue eyes of the demon shined brightly beneath the tears.

“Phoebe’s your love now, I get that, but I want you to know that I still love you. And after five years I haven’t moved on to someone else.” Liz licked her lips, oh sure she tried but Kyle and Max paled in comparison, she released a shaky breath and backed away from the strong, capable, and familiar embrace needing that distance.

“Elizeran—“ She didn’t give him an opportunity to yell, beg, or argue with her before sinking into the shadows. “Ugh! Dammit.” He closed his eyes against the burning sensation at the corners. Cole growled and shimmered after her.

Park

Cole found her seconds later, exactly where he predicted Liz would be, standing in the bushes, watching the coven as they completed their ritual. When she left his apartment Liz was every bit the wounded lover but not a trace could be found as he stared at her now.

Hair was perfect, shoes on, and face smooth and tanned with a natural glow on her cheeks. It’s as if that woman was separate from the Liz at his apartment. Then again she’s a professional, he taught her not to show weakness on a job, he saw she hadn’t forgotten her training.

“They’re almost done.” Those three words convey a wealth of information she didn’t dare show or say. The raw husky tone told him how difficult it was to hold back her tears. The flat delivery revealed someone, Raynor or Tarkin, were nearby listening and watching, while a quick glance toward him let him know of her hope that the sisters arrive shortly.

Sure enough a few moments later Tarkin shimmered in beside them. “What are you doing here?” Cole snarled out. Liz, excluding the brief look she spared him, had yet to take her eyes off the witches. If he didn’t know different he’d be positive she jumped at the chance to kill a paragon of good after so long.

“Just watching your back.” Tarkin explained. Elizeran wasn’t surprised when he popped in—did she know he’d been monitoring her since she arrived at the park?

“Yea, well, watching is one thing, stabbing is another.” Cole darted a glance to the curly hared demon. He’s a tiny rat that needed to be captured in a trap.

Tarkin scoffed at what he implied. “What’s the matter Belthazor? Don’t trust me?”

“The list of demons I trust is only one name long. And it certainly isn’t you.” He growled.

Liz stopped the hitch of breath threatening to rise. Was it too much to hope for that she was the name on that list? With her luck it’d probably be Phoebe. After all Cole did love her, even if she did stick her foot in her mouth with that ‘disgusted’ comment. Although Phoebe’s not a demon, so maybe Cole did mean her.

“You only did trust one. Probably why you’re the best—although you’d be better if you trusted no one.” He stared passed the bushes and watched as the coven members left, all except the target. “You know what Raynor wants. Just give in to him. You’ll feel better after you kill the witch.”

Elizeran rolled her eyes. Christ, where did Tarkin get his lines? Those should have been thrown out along with half of the pick-up lines she’d heard throughout her lifetime. Besides the words had more of a Raynor ‘touch’ to them, Tarkin wasn’t that direct. “Do you ladies mind keeping your voices down—unless of course the witch running away in fear before we’re ready is a part of the plan?”

The target kneeled down and began the process of packing her supplies. She was easing an extinguished candle back into her bag when she heard a rustling in the bushes a few feet away. “Who’s there?”

Fabulous, the boys move and spoke too much and too loud and the assignment learned of their presence too quickly. As a unit Cole and Liz exit the hiding place with Tarkin a step behind them. As she stood staring at the two individuals, the taller man and the woman, transform flawlessly into demons. “You can’t hurt me.” She gripped her amulet.

Elizeran and Belthazor stalk toward the witch. Normally by this point one of them had a name for the future victim besides ‘witch’ or ‘target’ or ‘protector’. However neither she nor Cole wanted to feel this kill, if they had to kill her knowing her name would only make it harder.

At this point it seemed they would have to kill her, the sisters have yet to show up and save them. No sooner had the thought crossed her mind did the Charmed Ones enter her field of vision. She craned her head to warn Cole but he’s already reaching through the shield.

“Cole don’t.” Phoebe shouted.

Tarkin raised his hand, preparing to throw an energy bolt but Elizeran forced his arm down changing the trajectory of the blast to the ground singeing the grass around their feet. “What the hell did you do that for bitch?”

“This is not your fight Tarkin. Remember Raynor wants Belthazor and me to take care of the witches. So back the fuck off.” Flames engulf her outstretched hand and without taking her eyes off Tarkin she threw her arm out. The fire whip snapped against the tree a scant two feet from Phoebe’s face.

“Ok, that isn’t in the Book.” Phoebe yelled to Prue and Piper.

“Piper freeze them.” The eldest sister shouted the command. There was only supposed to be Cole and Liz, they didn’t take into account a third demon. Although now that she thought it over she didn’t know why that possibility wasn’t thought of sooner.

Piper panicked, her voice rising. “I might blow them up.” She shook her head and switched her frightened gaze from the chaos to Prue.

“Ugh.” Prue sent Belthazor flying distracting the demons enough so Phoebe could run to the innocent.

“It’s ok we’re witches too.” Again Tarkin prepared to throw an energy bolt; he could at least get one shot off. “Piper!” She yelled, the bolt crackled waiting to be tossed at her.

Startled Piper threw her hands up; instead of freezing anything she blew a large hole in a tree. Prue tried to placate her with a few words of ‘it’s ok’ but wasn’t successful at helping her feel better.

“Kill them!” The third demon shouted to Belthazor, the curly haired demon was within striking distance but that power Piper threw at the tree shot bark every which way and got him, slicing his eye. If he threw a bolt it could hit Elizeran or Belthazor---Raynor would kill him if that happened. Maybe not with Elizeran but Belthazor for sure.

“No!” Phoebe pleaded. Cole didn’t listen he threw a high voltage energy ball at her and the witch. She really had got to figure out her name. The shield deflected the ball but Phoebe and the protector of the amulet were thrown back.

Angry Prue used her telekinesis to throw Cole hard against a rock. A crack was revealed when he pushed off it, he growled unhappy with the ache crawling along his back. Cole sent a glare to Phoebe before reaching for Elizeran’s hand and shimmered out with Tarkin hot on their heels.

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

First off I apologize for this taking so long to get out. A wall had placed itself in front of the story and my muse could not break through. Also I'm changing when Wipe Out happens, instead of the Skins waiting a week they came that day.

Chapter 13

Manor

“Cole tried to kill you Phoebe.” Piper exclaimed, keeping her hands securely in her pockets. She would not blow anything else up…she hoped.

Prue passed behind the innocent witch they saved and told her who Cole was. “He’s the demon.” She wasn’t surprised that Cole threw an energy ball at Phoebe and Jenna. He had to have double-crossed them, and now Elizeran was against them too.

Jenna nodded but stopped short when Piper told her that the demon who attacked them was also Phoebe’s boyfriend.

The youngest Charmed One shot an irritated glare toward both siblings. “We have very complicated lives.” She wondered if Elizeran got to him and made him try to kill her. Immediately she disregarded that, he might not be thrilled with her right now but he would never deliberately try to kill her.

“I'm just thrilled to meet you all. I mean I’ve heard of the Charmed Ones, of course, but I thought…I’d never dreamed I’d—“

“Nearly die with us? Yes, well welcome to our lives.” They stopped in the entryway.

Jenna smiled at them. “You saved me, and the amulet.” She caressed the talisman assuring her of its presence. “That’s enough.” The wound on Phoebe’s arm caught her eye. “May I?” She nodded giving her approval. “Well, the wound isn’t deep. A salve would cleanse it and ease the pain. Would you allow me entrance to your herb cupboard?”

Prue thought for a second than figured out what she meant. “Kitchen, she means kitchen.” The middle sister agreed to let Jenna go to the kitchen while Prue got Phoebe to sit down on the couch.

“I'm fine Prue, really. And Cole would not try to kill me.” Better to knock that out of her head right now. “He knew the amulet would protect me. He could’ve fired at you or Piper but he didn’t. With the other demon there, he made the only choice he could.” She defended her lover. If she wavered in the slightest her sister’s would think she wasn’t sure of his innocence.

“And you believe that right?”

She nodded. “Yea, I know it. I saw his eyes. They were filled with pain, not evil. Prue we’ve gotta get him outta there before it’s too late.”

“Ok, but what about Elizeran? She threw that fire whip thing at you. You were no where near the amulet when she did that.” Prue pointed out. She really wasn’t trying to be difficult but Phoebe had to wake up and see that things might not be what they seem.

“Yea she did. Maybe she wanted to get me out of the way but missed. Elizeran wasn’t exactly looking when she threw her whip at me.”

“Or she could have protected you from Tarkin the only way she could.”

Phoebe rolled her eyes. “What is up with this rapid turn around? First she could have been trying to kill me now she’s trying to protect me? Would you make up your mind?”

“I'm sorry I'm just trying to throw out all the ideas I can think of. Some are in favor of Cole and Liz the others aren’t. It’s important that we look at every angle and not the one we hope it is.” Sighing she made a motion with her head toward the kitchen. “We better figure out a way to finish that power stripping potion fast. Maybe even offer it to Elizeran if she wants it.” The duo stood and went into the kitchen where Jenna was mixing the ingredients expertly.

Parker Apartment

Raynor wouldn’t be expecting them for another hour at least so she and Cole went back to the Parker’s apartment. Unsure of who might be there they made sure that her bedroom was the place of their arrival. Being in her room—alone with Cole again she had to fight kissing him.

“Do you want something to drink?” It’d be safer to get him a drink. At least she hoped, they’d made love in kitchens before, it wasn’t a great diversion but it’d have to do for now.

“Yea, got any booze?” Only half serious, he needed something to drink, but it didn’t necessarily have to be alcoholic…yet. After Phoebe clearly made the distinction between his human and demon he was starting to second-guess everything again.

Smiling Liz left her room, “Follow me.” They didn’t have booze upstairs in the apartment. Jeff had a slight drinking problem and Nancy didn’t want any alcohol near him or herself for that matter. But she hadn’t considered that he’d take it from upstairs and place it downstairs.

Liz couldn’t blame him for drinking more than some people. Although he had complete control over his powers there were times when he’d pick up a strong thought or hear a person who projected loudly. Not to mention with all the power that he packed he got headaches constantly that no amount of Excedrin could cure. At least drinking himself into unconsciousness gave him a brief reprieve.

Liz’s heels click down the stairs as Cole’s heavy footfalls follow her eagerly. Immediately the silence coming from the diner reached her sensitive ears. The Crashdown should still be open; it wasn’t even 9 p.m., on a slow night they wouldn’t close that early--ever. Her footfalls quiet to almost nothing.

Cole saw her change and adjusted his stance; he didn’t have the strong hearing that Liz did. However his sense of smell was better than hers and he picked up the burning smell of various foods. He snuck passed her toward the kitchen area; no one was there, crouching he turned off the grill and fryers. Who was supposed to be manning the kitchen? Whoever it was slacking off on the job. He quickly and silently made his way back to Liz.

Everything faded as she honed her hearing sense; she blocked out her sight, most of her smell and her touch. She could barely pick up the burning smell of food but noticed Cole headed that direction before she purposely blinded herself.

One of her handy abilities was to cut off the areas of the senses that she didn’t want to use. It heightened the one sense she wanted to be in tip-top shape, her hearing. Fast footfalls about a minute down the road and the eerie hush of the Crashdown told her something’s wrong. Seriously wrong. There was no one else around for at least two miles, radios were heard, TV’s, but not people except the ones reaching the doors now.

The bell above the door rang six times; from the sound of things six people entered the restaurant. It didn’t take long for the people to talk. She knew who was out there, why should it be a surprise, wasn’t this the place they all went too when shit happened?

“After this is over with I may need a drink too.” She whispered. Might as well go out there and find out what specifically was going on.

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Jensen Lover 37
tigerr100
jamy21: Yes, it's about a day after Copper Summit.
orphyfets
pandas2001
Ellie
carter13
alizaleven

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback.

Chapter 14

When she stepped out into the dining area she forgot about her work attire. However it was quickly brought to her attention once the voices stopped and eyes turned to stare at her. Instead of showing worry, fear, or even that she cared; she glided over to one of the barstools where a plate of warm food sat. “So? What have I missed? Because obviously if you’re here, I’ve missed something huge.”

She crossed her legs in perfect Sharon Stone style without the obligatory crotch shot. It never bothered Liz that Sharon Stone got so much attention for that move in Basic Instinct even if she was the one to teach the actress. Cole moved in behind her taking the seat next to her, when he moved his muscles rippled beneath the Brotherhood suit. All she could was ‘yummy’.

“Liz sweetie?” Maria started. “What’s going on? Who is this guy and what are you wearing? Cuz I gotta tell ya hon that is hot. Never would have guessed you’d have it in your closet.” She knew that her friend had a hidden sexy side but an exhibitionist was stretching it.

She laughed warmly, leave it to Maria to disregard the emergency at hand and get right to what mattered to her. “This is Cole Turner, a long time friend of mine,” She hid the sneer at ‘friend’, he use to be more than that. “And I'm wearing the uniform of where I work.”

“And where exactly do you work?” Courtney asked. “Hookers R’ Us?”

“You should know Courtney, after all aren’t you a card carrying member of the Hooker Club? Shopping at Hookers R’ Us shouldn’t be that far of a stretch.” Maria defended her friend. That Skin bitch would not put down her best friend.

“Liz where have you been? I came by looking for you but Jeff said you weren’t around.” Max inched forward. He didn’t like the way the much older man was staring at her. It killed him to watch Cole rake his eyes down Liz’s tanned exposed leg.

“Been helping Cole out.” That’s all he got from her. If Maria wanted to know she’d seriously consider letting her in, maybe even Alex and Kyle but not Max. He had to learn that her life was none of business anymore and what better time to learn than now?

Maria sent her a questioning gaze to which Liz nodded in confirmation. Her friend wanted to know what was up and she gave her nod of ‘okay’. That simple, that quick, she had made her decision to let Maria in on what really went on in her crazy life.

Accepting the silent answer Maria dived in and told Liz what was going on. “Basically sweetie,” she sat down in front of her on the other stool. “We have no idea what’s going on. People have disappeared all over except us and apparently you and Cole.”

That explained why food was on all the tables but no customers to speak of and why Jeff and Nancy were no where to be found. It’s unlikely that whatever happened to make people disappear caused them to fade as well. More likely that when the towns people disappeared they went into hiding.

“So does this have anything to do with the fact that their aliens?” A collective gasp traveled through the small group. Her blonde friend however didn’t. Showed how much the others really knew about her.

“Liz are you crazy?” Michael stalked toward her. “Blab our secret out like that while this guy is sitting here…” He stopped when he noticed Cole lack of reaction. All the utterance got was a raised eyebrow and a ‘hmm’. “Is he FBI? Are you FBI?” He shouted.

“Nope.” Liz chuckled.

“Nope? That’s all you’re going to say for yourself? ‘Nope’.” Isabel joined Michael’s side.

“Yep.”

Cole shook his head chuckling at her antics. He loved to see the joyful, smart-ass Elizeran. When she teased her eyes lit up and her smile knocked him on his butt. Hearing his laugh she swiveled around shooting an amused smirk his direction.

“What?”

“I didn’t say a word. Enjoying the show is all.” Her eyes shift from the deep brown to the electric blue of her demon.

“If its alien related than it’s not my fault they didn’t listen to me.” She defended her attitude to the one man she didn’t need to defend it against.

“You lost me honey.” The endearment slipped out. He’d been doing that a lot lately, always around her.

Liz leaned back, told him the story about the Skins, and said she’d explain the alien history later when they had time. “So after we left Copper Summit I told them it’d be a good idea to go back now while the Skins were weak, regrouping, and unprepared to finish them off.”

“But they refused to listen?”

“Some, I'm assuming that they didn’t decide to go since Skins are here and the town has been disposed of, taken, whatever.” She swung her leg back and forth catching all three men in attendance eyes.

Michael stared at the motion Liz’s leg swung, what could he say he’s a leg man. One of the reasons why he was first attracted to Maria. She had great legs, he could watch her walk and pace for hours and not get bored.

Turning again Liz stared at the others putting them all in her sights, her eyes now back to the brown they were use too. “Can we figure out what’s going on quick, Cole and I have a…meeting that we cannot be late for.”

Interrupting the silence Cole’s cell phone rang. He checked the ID. “It’s Phoebe.” Cole caught the slump of her shoulders but missed the brief change in eye color showing her sorrow, as her back was turned to him. He didn’t want to hurt her but he had to take this call.

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Hopefully the next chapter won't take so long to get out.

Chapter 15

Cole disappeared into the backroom and let the phone ring twice more before answering it. “Hello Phoebe.” He tried to be cold and unfeeling but a sliver of caring slipped into his greeting.

“Hi. Umm, what took you so long to answer?” She didn’t want to sound needy or jealous by she couldn’t keep the feelings from her tone. Elizeran would always hold a part of Cole, denying it wouldn’t make it any less true.

“A situation has come up. We had to deal with it.” No point in giving her more information than that. It wasn’t her business.

Phoebe softly sighed in the phone receiver, now he wouldn’t even tell her what he was doing? She took a couple slow calming breaths. She couldn’t jump all over him about not telling her anything, she refused to give Cole any more reason to turn to Elizeran—no more than she already had. “Listen I didn’t call to check up on you, I'm just—I'm sorry that I said what I did earlier.”

Cole stayed silent, could he trust that she didn’t mean to call his demon disgusting? Yes he could, but even if she hadn’t meant to say it that didn’t mean she didn’t feel it. If he wanted to make their relationship work he’d have to forgive and forget. The notion didn’t sound appealing to him, but he had to think of his future. After Liz finished helping him she’d return to Roswell and forget about him again—he couldn’t survive that. Not again.

Diner

Once Cole left for the back room to take Phoebe’s phone call Maria pulled Liz aside before the others could swoop in, badgering her on what was going on. Maria only had one thing in mind to ask and it wasn’t alien related. “So who’s the hunk?”

Liz inclined her head back laughing deeply. “That hunk is Cole Turner. He’s a lawyer.” There wasn’t much else she could say with the others within earshot. Somehow blurting out that he’s the love of her life that also happened to be a powerful demon that killed a lot people wouldn’t be a good thing.

“You know I don’t mean that. Don’t play coy it’s me you’re talkin’ too.” She placed a hand on her upper chest.

“I’ll tell you everything, I promise, but not now.” She flicked her gaze toward the group. Once she knew the truth than she’d be able to understand all the long and twisted details that was her relationship with Belthazor. Not letting Maria in on the major secret of her life wasn’t going to go over well, she could see in her minds eyes how she’d react.

“All right. I'm holding you to that hon.”

“Promise, a whole tub of ice cream awaits us in the near future.” She smiled and hugged her. In moments they rejoin the group.

Michael stepped to the front to tower in front of her, “Are you going to tell us why you told our secret to Mr. Lawyer man back there?” If his family were in danger he needed to act.

“Come on Michael do you really think Liz would tell your secret to someone she didn’t think could keep it?” Maria came to her defense. It drove home the fact she had the greatest best friend a girl could ask for.

“She told you and you came damn close to spilling the beans to Valenti.” He fired back.

“Yea, but I didn’t, as a matter of fact I covered for the four of you with Valenti. So don’t start throwing that in my face Spaceboy.” Maria glared.

“The point is this is our secret.” Tess came forward. “Liz should be telling anybody about it without informing us first. Hell without asking us first.” It went against everything she was taught to have so many people in on the secret.

“I'm not saying she shouldn’t have discussed it with you. All I'm saying is that if Liz thinks this guy is trust worthy we should believe her, trust her.”

“Thanks Maria.” Liz smirked at her friend. In the backroom she heard Cole say a quick, curt good-bye, was he still speaking to Phoebe? In seconds he reemerged from the back room to the diner. “What’s up?” Cole’s expression was all business.

“Tarkin called, Raynor’s expecting us yesterday.”

Liz raised an eyebrow in question. “Like literally yesterday or figuratively yesterday?” She could go back to yesterday, took up a lot of energy and power as time travel often did.

“Figuratively.” He smiled.

“But wait. What about Roswell? I can’t leave without helping them.”

Cole only looked at the group of six with a disdaining glance. These were the ones that kept her away for so long, yes, the Source made her leave but they kept her in one place, they gave her comfort and companionship when she would have rushed back to him. Pinching the bridge of his nose he agreed. “All right but we have to make it fast. The longer we’re here the more time Raynor has to get pissed.”

Not worried Liz shrugged her shoulders daintily. “I so love pissing him off.”

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Exit Strategy (Chmd XO UC Mature) AN 1/17 pg15

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

A.N. I am sooooo sorry that this took so long to get out. There was a large wall between my muse and this part. Because it’s taking me so long I figured I’d post the first half now and when it’s done the second half later. Hope everyone enjoys. Again so sorry for the long wait.

Chapter 16 A

A half an hour later she and Cole still hadn’t left Roswell. Raynor was going to be pissed; hopefully he wouldn’t shimmer in and freak everyone out. That certainly wouldn’t do if they wanted to keep their demon status quiet.

During that moment in time Nicholas and Ida, two Skins showed up. She and Cole were looking forward to a fight but Maria begged her not to try anything. Although her friend had no idea what she really was Maria knew what she looked like when she got ready to do something not of the norm for her. She told Cole to hide in the bathroom with them, thankfully he decided listened.

Tess using her mindwarping powers kept the bathroom hidden from Nicholas and Ida. As a demon she admired the strength the blonde held within her. If she weren’t doing her best to stay on the side of good she would have probably killed Tess to gain that power. It was nothing personal just a need for more power.

After the two Skins left Tess broke the illusion and sat down on a stool in the Crash to catch her breath. Meanwhile Courtney collapsed, according to her the skin wasn’t taking. Not a big loss in her opinion. If she had her way about it the Skin would be dead in the next hour. Would have been interesting to find out how she could be killed.

Currently Max and Michael were carrying Courtney to put her in the bath that Maria drew. While the others were busy with Courtney Liz and Cole spoke downstairs.

“We need to hurry this along.” Cole looked up the stairs. They had to get back to the Underworld soon, he could practically see Raynor pacing getting more steamed with every minute that passed and they weren’t there.

Sighing Liz nodded. “I know. We have to figure out what caused everyone to disappear and fast.” Raynor wouldn’t wait much longer. “What?” A look on Cole’s face changed her train of thought.

“Phoebe.” He simply said.

Liz rolled her eyes. “What about her?”

“She still wants me to take the potion. The one to make me human.” Cole put his hands on his waist. “I think I’m going to do it.”

Breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly she nodded and crossed her arms. “It’s your choice.” There was so much more she wanted to say but it wasn’t her place anymore. If he was determined to take the concoction Phoebe and her sisters cooked up that was his decision.

Screw that, she thought, shaking her head. She’d tell Cole exactly what she thought. “You know what, forget that. You’ve lost your balls Cole.” He frowned at her. “Yea, don’t give me that look. You’ve lost your balls and Phoebe has them dangling from a necklace.”

“Don’t go there Elizeran. You don’t want to push me.” Cole growled.

“Really? I think I do. Maybe you can find a little bit of the demon you use to be and not bend to your witches whims.”

“Phoebe has her flaws but at least she didn’t leave me.” He hissed out hurt and anger dripping from every word he said.

Liz stopped and stood up straighter. She never wanted to admit it to herself but Cole really hated her. How could he not?

A nervous cough from upstairs brought their attention to something other then themselves. “Am I interrupting?” Maria saw the tension and wondered if she shouldn’t have let them fight it out.

Liz briefly looked at Cole before turning her attention back to Maria. “No.”

TBC
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Exit Strategy (CHMD,XO,UC,Mature) AN 10/21/09 pg 3

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Is this really an update that you see? Yes it is! :lol:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sorry for the very long delay. Don't know if this means my Charmed muse has made a full return but at least it's something.

Happy Halloween.

Chapter 16 B

Cole and Liz follow Maria back upstairs where the rest of the gang was. Most were still in her bathroom or outside her bathroom door waiting to find out about Courtney. Only Kyle sat out in the living room. “Hey look, it’s a party in my room.” Liz spoke sarcastically.

Michael and Max jump a bit when she spoke. “Don’t sneak up on us like that.” Michael growled as Maria brushed by him and into the room where Courtney was busy soaking.

“It’s my room.” Liz explained. She shrugged and sat on the bed, Cole sat next to her. “How is she doing?”

A few minutes later Maria poked her back head out and said the pills they put in the tub seemed to be working. Tess stepped out of the bathroom and spoke to the four in Liz’s room, although it was clear she didn’t quite trust the stranger reclining next to Liz. “It’s fairly obvious that Skins caused this because Maria said she found a skin out in the street just a few blocks from the Crashdown.”

“Are we sure it’s another Skin and not Courtney’s?” Liz asked.

“Courtney said it wasn’t hers. She,” Tess paused and shivered, “she said when she took her skin off she flushed it down the toilet. And according to her the only way to get a layer of skin off the body is to pull it off.”

“Isabel also got her to talk about where everyone went. She said she didn’t know but basically human bodies can’t function in this plane of existence right now because it’s like being on Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern Time all at once. So the humans were shifted to some place else.”

Liz nodded and glanced out the window processing the information. A few minutes later she spoke up again. “Why aren’t Maria and Kyle disappearing?” She understood why the aliens didn’t disappear, if the Skins were after them then they would want everyone but the aliens to vanish.

“Maria said she was out of town during the time everyone else disappeared. Kyle was with his Dad coming back from a fishing trip, also out of town.” Tess explained. “Courtney said that would only buy Maria, Kyle, Jim, and you some time but eventually you’ll disappear like the others.”

“So if Maria, Kyle and Jim were out of town when this happened then that means there would be some kind of…line that once you pass it you enter into this time confusion. Where’s Jim now?” Liz asked. She hadn’t gotten the full story when the six came into the Crashdown.

“Once Kyle was with us he said he was going to hurry to the station to check if there was anybody hiding out there and then he’d head here. So far we haven’t seen him.” Michael told her.

Tess stared at Liz for a moment then asked. “Wait, why haven’t you disappeared?”

She stayed silent for a second before replying. “Out of town too.” Liz stood from the bed and paced in front of the group. She mulled over what everyone said in her head when the jiggle from the bell downstairs caught her sensitive hearing and she froze.

“What--?” Max started but Cole put his hand up to stop any talking.

“She hears something.” He softly whispered.

Elizeran moved toward bedroom door, “Everyone stay up here.” She ordered.

However the group wasn’t inclined to listen to her command. They wanted to know what was downstairs and didn’t think if it was anything bad Liz would be able to handle it.

Of course she knew they were following her they weren’t exactly quiet. Despite their lack of stealth she didn’t stop moving till she reached the swinging door. The sounds of footfalls were loud in her ears but she knew that the stranger was doing his best to be quiet so as not to alert anybody. With how much noise the others made there was no way he hadn’t heard the troop descend to the back room.

Taking one deep breath Elizeran waited behind the door. She waited for the stranger to come close to the swinging door. With one hardy shove she pushed the door open and hit the body behind it sending it backward.

Elizeran stepped out and stood still as the strange man rose to his feet. His skin was peeling off and he was pissed. “You should really get that skin problem checked out. Most girls don’t like when your skin’s peeling off on them.” She teased.

With an angry roar the guy charged her. From behind her she heard Michael tell her to get down but she ignored him. Elizeran grabbed the strange man’s outstretched hand and twisted it behind him using his own momentum against him.

She’d knee him in the back and twist his neck. That should do it. However her plan of attack didn’t quite go the way she thought it would. When she rammed her knee into the low back of the Skin it exploded into a cloud of dust and skin cells. “Ok, that was new.” Elizeran stared at the particles oddly. “Guess we know how to kill em’ now.”

“That’s a good thing to know.” Michael dropped his hand and stared at Liz. “Since when did you learn how to fight like that?”

Liz chuckled. “That wasn’t fighting. That was avoiding and neutralizing.”

“Ok, how did you learn how to avoid and neutralize like that?” Michael questioned irritated at Liz’s flippant attitude.

“Years of practice.” From down the street more quick moving footfalls reached her ears. “What now?” She grumbled. She did not have time for this.

“What?” Max asked worriedly. “What do you hear?” He didn’t hear a thing so what could Liz hear that he couldn’t?

Turning toward the double doors she waited with her arms crossed and nearly began to tap her foot in annoyance when Jim Valenti rushed into the Crashdown. “Dad!” Kyle exclaimed.

Jim hugged his son. “Are you all right?”

“Yea, we made it with no problem.” Kyle told him.

Jim smiled and squeezed his shoulder. “Good.”

“Glad you’re ok Sheriff.” Liz nodded to him.

“Same here. So have you figured out what’s causing all this?” Jim asked. Tess jumped in and explained what had been learned earlier.

“Right now we need to know what’s causing this disappearing act.” Tess told him. “Any ideas?” She asked the group.

Jim was silent for a moment. “Yea. One idea. When Kyle and I came back into town there was this green object sticking out of the UFO Center billboard on the edge of town. We thought it was a joke, but maybe it’s what’s causing this?”

“Ok.” Liz nodded. “All of you stay here. Cole and I will check it out.” She started to pull Cole into the back room but everyone shouted at her to stop.

“Wait, we have no idea if it’s really the source of this event.” Max said. “Besides it would take twenty minutes to get there and another twenty to get back. By then you could disappear.”

Liz turned to Cole and motioned with her eyes that they were going to go outside. Cole nodded slightly understanding her barely there motions. Swinging her attention back to Max she said. “That’s just a chance I’ll have to take.” Shrugging she and Cole hurry out to the alley through the back door with the rest of the group shouting at them to wait.

Liz grabbed Cole’s hand and brought him into the shadows with her. There would be a lot of questions that she would be asked when she got back but she wanted to deal with this Skin problem quickly. Driving to the billboard was not an option if she wanted to get this done fast.

Immediately the two arrive in the shadows behind the billboard. “I forgot how weird that feels.” Cole chuckled at her while rubbing his stomach.

“Don’t worry,” She smirked behind her at him. “I’ll make you feel better later.” Liz purred. “Let’s get to work.”

TBC
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Exit Strategy (CHMD,XO,UC,Mature) AN 1/17/10 [WIP]

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Note: Ok, the Roswell parts of this story have been slowing me (and I think the story) down a bit too much for my taste. So I’m kind of fast forwarding through the Roswell part, originally this chapter would have been split up into 2-3 chapters but it’d probably be another year before I updated so I’m speeding through what I originally planned on and made it into one chapter. So after this chapter we are back in the Charmed world.

Chapter 17

Stepping away from Cole, Liz peered out from behind the billboard taking in her surroundings.

She knew, without a doubt, that the Skins were watching the billboard. It would be insanely stupid to not have a few Skins watching the device crucial to the whole finding the aliens plan.

Meanwhile, Cole, on the other side of the billboard, was doing the same. Seeing what he needed to he went back to Liz. He gently placed his hand on the small of her back letting her know it was him.

“There are two Skins on the left, they aren’t facing the device. There’s another in the bushes, he knows we’re here.”

At that very moment the one who knew they were behind the board was letting the others know, through walkie-talkies, that they were there. Liz nodded. “Spotted him too. Three more are slightly down the road and two more up on the cliff.”

Cole smiled. “This should be fun.” He produced an energy ball in his hand.

“It’s always fun with you.” Liz teased warmly. She nodded to him and stepped out from their hiding place, placing two fingers in her mouth she whistled, loudly. “Is this a private party or can anyone join in?” Laughing merrily she jumped from her spot and landed on her feet.

Before the Skins had a chance to react Cole sent out two energy balls, one to the Skin watching the board, the other off to the left where two more sat watch.

It didn’t take long; in fact it was annoyingly easy killing the Skins that watched the big green phallic energy source. Once they were dust in the wind Cole shimmered his way up to the board again and sent a huge electrical charge through his hands and into the device.

It sparked heavily for a few seconds until Cole sent one more huge blast of electric energy toward it and it exploded in a brilliant display of lights and fire. Finally it died out and slowly disintegrated till nothing was left of it.

“Very nice.” Liz complimented.

Cole gave her a wide smile that made him look so handsome it got her weak in the knees. “Thanks.”

She hurried up to where Cole stood and held out her hand. “Come on I’ll take us back to the Crashdown, then we’ll go talk to Raynor.”

He took her outstretched hand. Liz brought Cole through the shadows with her and back to the Parker’s restaurant. Immediately there were a lot of voices, unhappy voices, complaining about their cold food or cold coffee. Liz peeked through the diamond shaped window, everyone was back…but there was no sign of the Pod Squad or her human friends.

“They’re not upstairs either.” Liz told Cole, there were zero sounds coming from the Parker’s apartment.

“Where would they go?” Cole questioned.

Liz shook her head thinking through the options when she suddenly realized—“They wouldn’t go anywhere unless they were fleeing from the Skins.” With her mind going a mile a minute she hurried over to her locker and pulled out an order pad quickly writing down a few places where they might have gone.

“You check these areas out. Start with the UFO Center, if they were running they would probably go there first. If they aren’t there check these other places. I’ll go to the school and a few other places.”

Cole stopped her before she fled through the shadows. “You really care about them don’t you?”

Liz smiled warmly. There were so many things she could say about them but with little time to spare she only nodded and said. “More than I thought I could.” With that she was off and Cole shimmered away just as someone pushed through the swinging door. Thankfully they didn’t see a thing.

~*~*~

While Cole checked the places she wrote down for him she checked out the school. There was a wave of energy that screamed out like a beacon to anyone with the ability to feel it. On a normal day that wouldn’t raise any red flags, except today and for the rest of the week, the school was closed for a break.

Using the shadows she searched through the school, she didn’t have to go far. In the east wing of the school Max, Michael, Isabel, and Tess were strapped to poles at the end of the hall, near the east entrance that lead outside. Nicholas paced in front of the Pod Squad while about seven other Skins stood guard.

The Skin that stood in front of the shadow she cloaked herself in moved aside a step, allowing her to see Maria, Kyle and Jim tired up and gagged on the other side of the hall. She seethed in anger; these nobodies dared touch her friends? That just wouldn’t do.

Silently and with deadly accuracy she kicked the Skin, who still stood in front of her shadow cover, directly at the place that caused them to burst into dust.

Nicholas, who had been busy threatening and taunting the four tied to the poles, turned around as Liz stepped from the shadows. “What the hell?” He stared frozen for a moment trying to understand what he just saw. “You’re not human.”

Liz smiled coolly. “No, I’m mostly certainly not.”

Max yelled out while struggling against his bindings. “Liz get out of here.” His desperation to keep her out of harms way was clearly heard.

Nicholas flicked his hand out, showing the girl in front of him exactly what his power was capable of and how insignificant he thought her to be.

She felt a painful push in her chest, she didn’t try to stay on her feet, and she could have but it would be stupid to waste the energy. She flew back and slammed into the lockers hard. A moment of silence followed the toss, then a chorus of ‘Liz’s’.

Liz stayed down. If she had been a normal human that blow would have seriously injured her, instead it dazed her only for a second.

“Little girls should learn not to mess with powerful beings.” Nicholas, thinking she was effectively neutralized turned his back on her. After all he had six other Skins watching his back. “Do you four see what I can do?” He began taunting again. “That’s not even the worst of it. Just ask your little friend Courtney—oh wait, you can’t. She’s dead.”

While the boy was grandstanding, Liz eased her way gracefully and silently to her high-heeled feet. She brushed off her black mini-skirt and her black suit jacket. She rolled her neck side to side working out the kinks.

“Nicholas!” One of the Skins yelled in warning.

The boy quickly turned, facing Liz again. “How—“

“Thanks for that Nicky boy. My back had crick in it like you wouldn’t believe. That love tap you gave fixed it.”

“Kill her!” Nicholas shouted, not willing to verbally spare with her.

Liz laughed and formed two fireballs in her hands. Whipping her hands out the fire ignited their flammable bodies easily. Lucky for them their deaths were quick. If she had her way Nicholas’s wouldn’t be so lucky. With moves that left her friends in shock, she took out the remaining four Skins with ease and swiftness.

As she turned to face Nicholas she transformed into her demon form. Her honey colored skin became midnight black, her once subtle curves became more pronounced, her medium length brown hair grew longer and changed to the same blackness as her skin, her eyes turned an electric blue, and red and blue markings became visible.

Shocked at what stood in front of him, Nicholas threw out his hand. What had blown the girl back before, had very little effect that time. She clearly felt something but the blow was absorbed into her body.

Elizeran breathed in deeply. Nicholas’s power was strong but thankfully she inherited one of her mother’s best powers. Mom had been able to absorb certain powers into her body, telekinesis was one of them. It’s a power that she, Elizeran, didn’t use very often, last thing she wanted was for it to be documented by witches but in this case she could display it with little consequence.

Elizeran smirked. “My turn.” She raised her arms, Nicholas tensed and braced himself. He expected that she would bounce his power back to him and send him flying. She had a different plan however.

The shadows answered her unspoken call as if she had never been gone. The darkness softly and silently curled their tendrils around the unsuspecting boy. Wrapping around his legs, torso, and neck they twisted around ready and waiting to obey her final request.

“Goodbye Nicholas.” A moment of confusion crossed his features but it quickly transformed into fear as he was pulled back into her shadow world. The shadows would rip him apart until he became dust as they did with all who didn’t belong there—or who didn’t have a shadow demon as a guide.

With her work done she turned back to her human looking body. She hurried over to Maria, Kyle, and Jim releasing them from their bindings. Maria stared at her with wide, but not frightened, eyes. “Whoa, did you really do what I saw you do?”

Liz smiled at her friend. “Yes. It’s one of the things I was going to tell you about after everything I needed to do was done.” That wasn’t nearly a good enough explanation for what Maria saw but it would have to do for now. She helped Maria up off the floor. “Are you ok?”

Maria quietly thought about it for a moment. “Yea. I think I am. It’s not everyday your friend turns into—what are you?”

“A demon. Shadow demon more specifically. There’s a lot more that I need to tell you and I hope you won’t hate me after I tell you but it’ll have to wait. Right now I have this demon related problem and time is of the essence.”

“I could never hate you sweetie.” Maria tried to assure her.

Liz smiled sadly. “Don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

Before Maria could argue Michael spoke loudly from his spot, still tied to a pole. “Umm, excuse me. Can we have a heart to heart later…say after you’ve untied us?!”

“Oh sorry.” The group of four at the lockers rushed over to the other four tied up. They made quick work of the bindings.

“Will you guys be ok?” Liz took a step back from the group to stand near the shadows.

Max stepped forward to try and follow her but Liz held her hand up. No powers came out to stop him but Max got the hint that she didn’t want him coming any closer. “Liz?”

“Now’s not the time Max. I do have to undo some things but like I told Maria, I can’t right now. But when I can I’ll do it.”

Isabel stared at Liz confused, as did everyone else. “You’re taking on a whole new level of vague Liz. I think we deserve to know what’s going on and what you’re talking about.” She demanded.

“And I’ll tell you but not now. Listen everyone is back, Alex should still be at the Crashdown. Go there and hang out. I’ll explain when I can. Be careful.” With a brief wave she melted into the shadows and made her way to Cole. It was time deal with Raynor—he wouldn’t be pleased with having to wait as long as they made him wait but her friends were more important than her old boss.

TBC

Next chapter will be posted sometime next week.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Exit Strategy (CHMD,XO,UC,Mature) Ch 17 10/23/11 pg3

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

pandas2001: Thanks for the feedback :) , here's the next chapter.

Note: Just a reminder some lines are taken directly from the Charmed episode Exit Strategy.

Chapter 18

Halliwell Manor

Prue and Phoebe joined Jenna and Piper in the kitchen where Jenna was making a salve for Phoebe’s injury. Piper stood off to the side watching Jenna avidly.

“Check her out. Whipping it up like it’s Tollhouse cookies. Maybe after she fixes Phoebe she can fix me.” She smiled sadly.

Prue went up behind Piper and hugged her tightly. “Oh sweetie, you don’t need fixing. You just need to practice more. It’s going to take time but you’ll get it.”

“I wish I had as much confidence in myself as you do. It’s hard to be positive when every time I raise my hands nothing freezes and something explodes.” She sighed heavily and brushed a stray chuck on hair out of her face.

Phoebe sat down at one of the bar stools at the kitchen island and Jenna came up with a bowl filled with the healing salve. “This will feel a little warm.” She gently spread the medicine over Phoebe’s wound.

The youngest Halliwell smiled at Jenna. “Wow. It doesn’t hurt at all anymore. That’s amazing. How are you at mixing potions?”

“What do you need?” She put one more layer of the mixture on Phoebe’s arm before putting it back down on the counter.

Prue piped up with. “We need to detox a demon. Maybe even two.” She wanted to be prepared if they had to strip Elizeran of her powers as well.

“Yea, we need something called billings root but I’ve never been able to find it, in our cupboard or at shops.” Phoebe told her.

Jenna gave her a knowing smile. “Actually you do have it. It’s right here.” She pulled out a jar and handed it to Phoebe.

“No that’s ginger.”

“That’s what it’s called now. In the old covens though it used to be called billings root.” Immediately Jenna was enveloped into a strong hug.

“Oh thank you so much Jenna. You have healed me twice. Now we have everything to make Cole completely human.” Phoebe’s smile was so wide Prue was afraid it’d crack her face. “I have to get to work on making it right now.”

~*~*~*~

Underworld

“What part of—you need to be here yesterday is difficult for you two to understand?” Raynor yelled threw a fire ball at the opposite end of the cave, near where Cole and Liz were standing. Neither one blinked at the display of anger.

“The part where we obey your every command.” Liz struck a defiant stance as soon as Cole had shimmered them into the cave. “Cole and I had to talk out our plan for getting the witch that got away.”

“Speaking of the witch, why did you fail? Tarkin says the Charmed Ones were there. Is that true?” Raynor didn’t notice the glare Tarkin sent him for not believing his story.

“Yes, they were.” Cole spoke up. “Like I told you they would be.”

“We could have taken them all.” Tarkin spat out.

“Oh really?” Liz sent a menacing ice cold gaze at Tarkin. “And how would we have taken them all? The amulet protected them. Not only that it seems the middle Charmed One has a new power that blows things up. So please tell me, how we could have taken them out?”

Tarkin, thankfully, remained silent, unable to come up with a valid response. Raynor on the other hand, had no such problem.

“That’s why I want the amulet.” Raynor shouted. “What has happened to you both? More specifically what has happened to you Belthazor? The witch’s magic never would have stopped you before, what in the world has changed now?”

“You know what; let’s stop the pretenses shall we?” Cole crossed his arms. He knew Liz was looking at him like he’d lost his mind but she’d be willing to back his play. “We both know what you’re trying to do and it won’t work.”

“Really?”

Cole chuckled. “Yea. You don’t care about the amulet. You only care about turning me against Phoebe.”

Liz stopped the flinch of pain she felt deep inside from showing itself to Raynor or Tarkin. She breathed in deeply and kept saying over and over again to herself that she knew Cole loved Phoebe, that it wasn’t a surprise. It didn’t exactly help but it was all she could do.

“How smart, and yet foolish enough to fall in love.” Raynor sneered. “Not only in love but in love with a witch.”

“Loving her is the best thing that’s ever happened to me. You can destroy me but you can’t change that.” He hissed angrily at Raynor.

That time she couldn’t stop the pain from becoming visible on her face. It broke her heart to hear Cole speak of his relationship with Phoebe like that. Liz could feel the sharp angry and sad shards cut her up inside. Normally her show of pain would have made Tarkin or Raynor pounce on that vulnerability but they were blissfully unaware, their attention was too focused on Cole.

Raynor took a step forward toward Cole. “After all that I’ve taught you and all I’ve given you, you’re willing to give it all up for a witch? A stupid mealy mouthed witch?”

“I’m not going to kill for you, Raynor. Not anymore.”

“Not even for your father’s soul?” From behind his back he produced a glowing orb. Raynor cupped it in his hand allowing Cole to see it completely. When Cole stepped forward menacingly Tarkin put a knife blade to his throat.

“Settle brother.”

Liz briefly shook out of her pain and charged at Tarkin, getting him and his knife away from Cole. She grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the wall.

“Let me go Elizeran.” Tarkin snarled.

“Are you going to play nice?” She spoke softly but with an iciness that even made Cole pause.

Oh no. He forgot that Liz was there in the room and she heard what he said about Phoebe and his love for her. Cole instantly felt guilty, he hadn’t meant to hurt her, he just wanted Raynor to back off.

Tarkin nodded slowly. “I’ll play nice.” Nodding she released him and backed off to stand next to Cole again.

“How did you get that? The Source?” Cole, turning back to the major problem at hand, demanded to know.

Raynor sent the orb that carried Cole’s father’s soul away and back into its secret hiding place. “I'll promise to free him if you've fulfilled your end of the bargain. You kill the witch, come back and finish your obligations, and you and your father will both be free.” He promised.

Without saying a word Cole grabbed Liz and shimmered out and away from the Underworld.

Raynor smirked at Tarkin. “All that separates us from getting him back are a few drops of innocent blood, and they're about to be spilled.”

TBC
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics