Rise&Fall (A/I,UC/OC/CC,ADULT) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Rise&Fall (A/I,UC/OC/CC,ADULT) [WIP]

Post by chanks_girl »

Title: Rise & Fall
Author: chanks_girl

Disclaimer: "Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended."

Couples/Category: A&I with CC/UC/OC
Rating: ADULT

Summary: After “Wipe Out”; Alex realizes that there is something special about him and his whole life.

Author's Note: This story bases on the Stargazer challenge by Sternbetrachter. I’m not sure if it will be only a CC story. There might be a UC relationship, but I can tell now it won’t be a Dreamer friendly fic. Future Max didn’t happen but M&L aren’t together.

Link to challenge: viewtopic.php?t=6226&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=170

Introduction

Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in

Systematically he walked down the hall. He knew it would be bad but he never thought that he was that scared. He didn’t know what to expect. What would happen behind that door? He didn’t know. He hated his fears. His fears made him weak and he hated to be weak. He wasn’t anymore the boy next door. He was a warrior. He was a leader. He had led a whole planet without any fears. He was a leader and he would be it again. In the last couple of months, he changed. He didn’t realized it.

He became more confident.

He changed.

His steps became slower. He walked with a straight posture. He wasn’t going to back off. He knew his enemies. He knew how to fight them. They took everything from him and he would take their lives. He lost everything because they failed. He wouldn’t fail, again. Once he did, but this time it wouldn’t happen again.

Every step and every breathe he took, his adrenaline rushed through his veins. The fears were gone and there was only the rush. The rush to win, the rush to fight.

He was a leader. His whole posture showed it.

The next thing he saw was darkness.

CHAPTER I

It was the weirdest day they ever experienced in Roswell. It was unbelievable that their enemies were able to attack them. Thanks to Tess, the Skins could be defeated.

It was the weirdest day he ever experienced. Alex Whitman didn’t remember anything about the whole day. He just knew he was sitting in the Crashdown in front of him his breakfast consisting of fresh made pancakes and a big glass of orange juice. The next thing he knew his breakfast was cold. The next odd thing happened as the sheriff entered the restaurant and behaved, as if he hadn’t seen the teen in the last ten years. It was just weird.

Alex was glad to be home. It was a strange day and he would be glad when it was over. Alex’ mind drifted off to the meeting they had at Michael’s. There was a strange atmosphere. It was as if an invincible tension was with them. There was a change in the teens. Isabel and Max seemed to have their own problems. Max also seemed to be more occupied with observing Liz than carrying about his environment. Liz was deep in a conversation with Maria and Kyle. Max didn’t seem to like that.

Michael was Michael. Standing in one of the corners thinking, Courtney’s death was too much for him. Not that there was a relationship but he was upset because she was the only person who remembered him on their home planet. She was his single link to his past. Now he lost it. He felt like he failed. It felt like he killed her because he told her where the Granolith was. It was his fault. Even if he didn’t lay his hands on her to kill her it felt like he did, he knew it was his fault.

Maria, Liz and Kyle were too deep in their conversation to realize anything around them. Their emotions were high. Maria was very proud because she was able to destroy the device the Skins used. None of her friends knew how afraid she was. She was scared to death. To be the person who had the fate of a whole town and her friends in her hands. No one knew how relieved she was. No one knew how much she wished Michael had been with her. He was her strength but their relationship was complicated. She needed him as he needed her. However, for now she had to wait.

It was quite odd to be in the room with them all. It felt right but there was a tickling that he couldn’t explain. It felt as if something wanted to come out. It felt familiar but at the same time, it felt strange. He could feel something was going to happen. It was different. He started to feel different.
Alex looked around the room. Nothing was out of ordinary. The situation felt familiar, every one who had a say in their group was there. It was like a déja vu. Alex observed his surroundings to see if there was anything strange. There was nothing weird. He just couldn’t figure out why he felt that way. A light piecing pain appeared between his eyes. A small wince escaped his mouth, which got every ones attention. Pinching his nose bridge, he didn’t hear his name being called. As Alex opened his eyes, he realized his friends were looking at him

“Alex, Alex…Are you alright?” Maria asked. The worry was clearly audible. The day was already weird but that her best male friend would be affected by the events would be too much.

“What? Yeah, I’m …I’m alright. Just a little headache that made itself noticed. Don’t worry I’m fine. Really, stop worrying Maria.” Alex reassured his friend but he could see that she didn’t really believe him and still were all eyes on him. It made him nervous that they were staring at him. He never liked it to be the centre of attention.

“Can you stop looking at me? It annoys me; I said I’m alright so stop it, please.” Alex said. His annoyance did not go unnoticed. The remaining teens were surprised to see him having such an outburst. Alex was always the calm one. He never raised his voice, until now.

“Could we get this started so every one can go home? Then, I can have my apartment back. So let…”

“Michael, could you be more insensitive? It could be that those Skins thingy have a negative side effect and our friend, named Alex; could be hurt by the thing they used on us. That’s why, we…” Maria didn’t get the chance to finish her sentence because Michael interrupted her.

“Maria, would you let me finish. It is rude to interrupt someone. As I was saying, we should get this meeting starting so a) I have my apartment back and b) you all can get home to rest, especially Alex with his headache. So again, let’s start.” All the while Michael wore his typical smirk, which pissed off Maria.

She couldn’t understand how Michael was able to piss her off, every time. Sure, sometimes it wasn’t his fault but sometimes she could swear he did it on purpose. As if he wanted to see her pissed; as if it was a turn on. God how she wished she could put her hands around his throat and just strangle him. That little thought made her smile. She liked that. Realizing that the meeting started, Maria dismissed that pleasant thought.

During the meeting, the aliens told their friends why the skins used that device and which purpose it had. They told what happened at school and how Tess was able to defeat the whole Skins. Although it was a dangerous mission, they had to take the risk. Max pointed out although they were able to strike back against the Skins, they weren’t sure if the threat by the Skins would be over. Everyone had to be careful because there was no certainty that the enemy wouldn’t come back.

Next was explaining Nicholas’ ability to invade a person’s mind and getting the information he wanted. Tess explained, that it was an ability, which was dangerous and it could cause a person’s death. Another point was that it wasn’t easy to prevent the invasion of the mind. The problem was that no one knew how strong Nicholas’ mind powers were. It seemed that he could do more than mind raping.

After almost two hours, the meeting was finished. All teens were ready to head home and rest. They were just glad the day was over.

As he entered his home, he knew that his father wasn’t at home. The next two weeks he would stay alone at home. It was the usual. Sometimes he hated to be alone at home. It made him feel lonely. As if something was missing and it wasn’t his father. Alex didn’t have the typical father-son-relationship with his father, especially since he moved to Roswell at the age of 10 years. It wasn’t that they didn’t spent time together or anything but his dad was too occupied with his job and that meant that he was mostly on business trips. While growing up Alex noticed more and more, there was a distance between them. The only “real” father-son activity they had that was the camping weekend with the school last winter.

During the meeting, his headache increased. Alex pretended that he was fine. He tried to focus on the meeting but with every passing minute, it had been more difficult to listen to them. He couldn’t take the pain anymore. Thanks to the higher powers, the meeting ended and he could go home. Alex asked Kyle if he could drive him home since he walked to Michael’s.

Finally home he just wanted to take a hot shower and crawl into bed and forgetting the whole day. After several failed attempts to fall asleep, Alex finally succeeded.

He walked. He walked down a hall. The hall had a high ceiling and it seemed that he was walking through a column hall. The ceiling was covered in a metallic material, which looked as if it was gold. The sun was shinning in through the large windows. The sunrays let the hall shine in a golden shimmer. It was beautiful and he loved it every time he saw it. It was then he reached the large French doors, which took out to the garden.

He wasn’t often in the King’s palace but when he came he loved to pass his time in the garden. It was beautiful and peaceful. It was four years ago the last time he was here. While his father focused on his diplomatic relationship with the king of Antar, he went to the garden. Always he hoped to see her.

Entering the garden, first his senses were hit with the overwhelming scent of the flowers. A little smile crossed his lips. Not wanting to lose time, he started his walk through the garden.

He walked. He always walked. It seemed to him that he would never do something else. The time passed slowly when he drifted off. In his own little world, he didn’t have to be the tough warrior. He could be the man he really was. Outside the walls of the military academy, he didn’t have to pretend to be someone else. He looked down to his black military uniform and the sabre. One day he would be a leader. He was born to lead his people. He had to be the strong and tough leader. His father always reminded him of that fact. One day he had to.

A light giggle interrupted his thoughts. Looking around he saw nobody. He truely thought he was alone in the garden. There was it again. It sounded beautiful. His curiosity got the better of him. Again, he looked around and again this wonderful sound erupted. Following the direction, he saw her sitting on a bench. It was a long time ago the last time he saw her. Now, she just sat there. A beautiful smile that would light up a whole room; her dark blond hair falling down on her shoulders, some strands framing her face. Her bright blue eyes had a twinkle. She was beautiful, even more than he remembered her. She was the most beautiful woman he ever saw.

Slowly he walked towards her; she still didn’t notice him. Then with a gentle cough, he drew her attention to him. It was the moment she looked up and looked into his dark green eyes. It was the moment she looked up and he looked into her beautiful blue eyes. It was then they saw each other and realized they couldn’t without the other. They were lost. They locked eyes for a few seconds but it felt like an eternity.

“Good morning Princess.”

“Good Morning. May I ask who you are? I can’t remember ever seeing you in the palace.”

Feeling a little bit hurt that she didn’t remember him, he answered her with a charming smile.

“I beg your pardon, Princess. May I say that I’m a little disappointed that you don’t remember me. Well, I was the one who chased you around the garden when our fathers were occupied with their work. That’s not nice, Lonnie.”

Hearing him say her nickname shocked her. Just one person was allowed to call her that. Even her brother and cousin weren’t allowed to call her that name. She had forbidden it. As realization hit her, she couldn’t hide the smile, which formed on her face. She couldn’t believe that he was here.

“Lord Khivar, it’s a pleasure to see you after such a long time.”

“My, my, Lonnie, you are so formal. Please, just call me Khivar. I wouldn’t like it that you call me Lord. How have you been in the last four years?”

“I have been good. It was the usual. I do things a princess should do. It is great to see you again. Tell me about you, Khivar. You seem to have the more interesting life.”

He loved how she said his name. The way she did it was lovely.

“Please, don’t say your life isn’t interesting. Always something makes your life exciting. It would be nice to continue our conversation another time. I have to leave you but maybe we could come together again and finish our conversation. I wish a wonderful day, Princess.”

With that said, he bowed down, took her hand and placed a light kiss on her back of the hand. He turned around and walked back to the palace.

Waking up and looking up at his ceiling, he couldn’t believe what he just dreamt. It was weird but at the same time, it felt familiar. It was just a dream. Maybe it was a result of the current event. Coming out of his thoughts, he still felt the headache that came back. Turning around Alex could only hope to fall asleep fast and easily.

“He’s here.”
Last edited by chanks_girl on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 31 times in total.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

AN: Thanks everybody for the FB. This is just the beginning, I hope some questions will be answered.

CHAPTER II

He couldn’t believe it. It was impossible that he was here. It couldn’t be. He paced the room. His steps were fast. He was furious, he was frustrated, and he was scared. He didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t supposed to be here. He was supposed to be dead. He saw him dying. He saw it with his own eyes. He did it with his own hands. It couldn’t be. He had to find him. It was too hard to feel his energy. It suffocated him. It brought the memories back. He had to do something. He had to find him.

It felt good how the hot water soaked his body. It felt good how the tension left his body. Standing under the shower helped Alex to clear his mind. He still didn’t understand what that dream meant. He still couldn’t figure out why he had the feeling the dream was more than a dream. It felt like a memory but he wasn’t sure. He couldn’t forget her. Alex felt attracted to the girl he saw in his dream. She was so beautiful. He was sure he saw her once another time. On the other hand, Alex was unsure what it meant.

Coming out of the shower, Alex wrapped a towel around his waist. Standing in front of the mirror, he looked at himself. It was back. The feeling he had yesterday. That familiar feeling, that tickling in the back of his mind was back. The pain was back. Closing his eyes, Alex tried to ease the pain; he tried to forget the pain. Shutting them tightly, he couldn’t stop the images which invaded his mind.

It was a year ago he saw her the last time. He longed to see her, to hold her in his arms, to see her smiling at him, to kiss her. No one knew about them. They couldn’t know. He remembered last year, as he saw her sitting in the garden. How beautiful she was. It was at the same night as they were having dinner. His father and he had dinner with the royal family: King Zan V, Queen Nadira, Princess Vilandra, Prince Zander and their cousin Lord Rath. During the dinner, he couldn’t stop looking at her. He loved her smile; he loved how her face lit up. His father, King Kalin, was in a deep conversation with King Zan about the future of their planets, Antar and Jazeer. That none mattered to him, he was content to sit with her.

As the dinner proceeded, the feelings grew. He could feel it. He kept glancing at her and she did the same.

Dinner was finished; he excused himself to take a walk in the garden. At night, it was even lovelier. Being on his way, he didn’t see the person waiting for him. Finally, he saw her; he couldn’t hide the smile, which appeared on his face. His heart was pounding hard. He never felt this before. She just stood there and looked more beautiful than ever. He loved how the moonlight shone down on her. It made her glow. He couldn’t get enough of looking at her. Standing in front of her, he looked her straight into the eyes.

“You are beautiful. Your beauty is unique. It is that kind of beauty, which would lighten a whole room. It is that kind of beauty, which doesn’t exist only outside of you, it’s also inside. Do you know that?”

He could see that she was speechless. He was afraid that he had gone too far. Seeing her now was overwhelming. He couldn’t stop himself. She still didn’t respond. Hurt and disappointed, he wanted to turn around and walk away but he couldn’t, he would show her he meant what he said.

“Khivar…don’t say something like that. I…I…Please, don’t say it if you don’t mean it.” His heart broke as he heard her words, how could she think he didn’t mean it.

Reaching up his hand to touch her cheek, making her looking into his eyes to see his sincerity, he waited so long to tell her those words.

“In the last four years I was away, I only thought of you mostly. We know each other for so long and in the last years, I started to have these feelings for you. And I missed you so much. I realized that I had fallen for you. Lonnie, don’t make me stand here and make a fool out of myself. The time we had spent together, it was the best time I ever had. Every time, we were together I couldn’t stop the happiness and love I felt. I’m in love with you.”

He spoke with a calm and sincere voice, which let her know he meant it. She could see it in his eyes. How could she deny him? Sure, he could see that she was afraid and unsure but every single word he spoke was true. He was never afraid but in that moment, he was afraid that she would reject him.

“Me, too.”

Hearing a whisper coming out of her mouth, he wasn’t sure what she spoke. Looking at her, she repeated her answer.

“Me, too. I’m in love with you, Khivar. Like you, I missed you so much. I had my happiest moments in my life with you. For …so long…”

Placing his index finger on her lips to silence her, he looked her in the eyes and slowly he leaned down. Understanding what was going to happen, she leaned into him until their lips touched. Slowly he caressed her lips, not wanting to pressure her, he kissed her slow. Probing his tongue against her lips, which were immediately parted, he kissed her deeply. Holding her tightly as if he tried to melt their bodies. For so long he waited for that moment.

Coming out of his trance and taking deep breathes, Alex was still standing in front of the mirror and he shook his head to get back his sanity. Looking at his reflected image, his confusion and fear was evident on his face. Alex couldn’t understand it. He didn’t understand the images, which he saw. Getting his composure back, Alex was scared. He didn’t know what it meant what he saw. It felt like a memory but it couldn’t be. He never experienced something like that. He still could feel her touch: the warmth of her lips and the softness of her lips. It felt real. Finally, shaking his head slightly as if he wanted to clear his mind, he exited the bathroom still wondering what that all meant.

Wearing a pair of beige coloured baggy pants and a green-white striped collar shirt Alex was on his way out of the house, he didn’t know where he should go but he just needed to get out of the house. He just needed to clear his mind. He needed to put in order the images he saw. Now, he was certain that last night that it wasn’t a dream. After the morning, he knew something was going on but he couldn’t put his finger on. It was too confusing. It was scaring him.

Lost in his thought and walking around aimlessly, Alex didn’t see the person walking towards him. He didn’t know where he was. His mind kept him busy. Still trying to figure out what those visions meant. His biggest problem was he couldn’t understand why it felt familiar to see and experience those visions.

Still lost in his thoughts, he walked past the person, who was walking towards him. Just as she called out his name, he noticed her voice. Surprised that she called him, he turned around and saw her standing there in her full glory: Isabel Evans.

It was yesterday he saw her. He was always happy when he saw her but recently his heart always hurt when he saw her. It hurt too much not being able to be with her or not being able to have a normal conversation with her or doing something without hearing they were ”just friends” or what a good friend he was. She had someone new. He was sick of it being second choice.

“Hey Alex. How are you? I mean, are you feeling better since yesterday.”

The concern in her voice was audible. She was really concerned about him. Yesterday was weird but as the whole group sat in Michael’s apartment, hearing Alex wincing she was afraid that the Skins device had hurt him. She wanted to go up to him and wrap her arms around him taking his pain away but she knew it wasn’t possible. What shocked her mostly was his outburst. Alex never got loud or angry but yesterday he seemed different. He looked as if he was in daze. Shrugging off her thoughts about yesterday, she looked intense at Alex waiting for his response.

Could she really care? Yesterday she seemed to be absent during the meeting as if she was thinking of something else. Alex knew no one else noticed Isabel’s calm composure. It was as if she was afraid of something or someone. There was a fear and sadness in her eyes, which he had never seen before. He knew something had happened during her time with Nicholas. He knew something was off.

“Hey, Yeah…I’m…good. I think, I needed to rest. Uhm, how are you? I mean, yesterday was weird and the meeting…” before he could finish, Isabel told him that she was fine. Both felt awkward standing there, they didn’t really know how to act around each other. Alex and Isabel exchanged small smiles but neither one reached their eyes. Suddenly someone called Isabel’s name, turning around Alex saw the last person he wanted to see. How he wished that he could make himself invincible.

“Hello Isabel, good to see you. I was afraid I was running late.” Turning to see and greet Alex, Grant extended his hand towards him. God, how he wished he was wearing one of that protecting clothing. Better, when Alex got home he would just take a shower, using disinfectant to get rid off Grant’s bacteria.

“Hi, I’m Grant. We met before right…Adam, right.”

Definitely pissed that this jerk called him Adam, Alex told him that they met before and his name was Alex, all the while shaking Grant’s hands and all the while being disgusted by the contact. Soon enough, Isabel and Grant left together for having lunch and Alex stood there all by himself. Not sure what to do, he decided to go home.

After arriving home, Alex made himself lunch. He couldn’t forget seeing Isabel with Grant. He couldn’t understand what she saw in him. He had to stop doing this to himself, thinking what might be able to be if they hadn’t broken up.

While he cut the onions, he felt it again. The feeling he had this morning, the tickling started again. This time it felt different. It was overwhelming him; he couldn’t take the pressure anymore. With every passing second, the tickling turned into pain. It was too much. He held his head in his hands. His breathing became shallow. He began to sweat. The pain was too much. Then, a rush of images attacked his mind.

He was kissing Vilandra in the garden

He was leaving his home to return to military academy

He was participating in a war. Everywhere he saw blood and dead bodies. He could feel how his hot blood ran down the side of his neck. He could feel the pain

He was standing in front of his father’s coffin

He was accepting the crown for his new role as the new King of Jazeer

He was seeing his reflection in a window

“Oh God…it can’t be.”

The feeling was back. She felt it before but now it was back. She could feel his essence. She felt him yesterday but the feeling was weak. And now, it increased. She knew who he was. She knew she had to find him. She had to get to him. She remembered him. She needed to find him.
It was in another life they knew each other. She couldn’t remember everything but she could remember him. She had some memories of him. Soon, she would find him.

He couldn’t believe it, he was going to awake. He was sure it wasn’t possible that he was on this planet. He saw his fall. It wasn’t meant to be but it was necessary. He had to find him. He could feel his presence. He could feel his increasing power. He knew, soon, he had to face him. His anger increased. He had to do something.

“He will fall again.”
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

AN: Thanks for the FB. glad to see that you liked the K/V moments. Don't worry Grant will get what he deserves.

CHAPTER III

It couldn’t be. It wasn’t possible. His breathing was shallow. The sweat was streaming down his face to his neck. His body temperature increased until he couldn’t take the heat anymore. His whole body trembled. He was in shock. He was scared. He didn’t understand what was happening. He felt how his body began to tickle. He saw images he couldn’t remember. He couldn’t understand what happened. He didn’t understand the bombardment of images. He didn’t understand anything.

It started again. The tickling started. It was stronger than the last time. The tickling became a pain. Alex never felt a pain like that before. He tried to stand on his legs but he couldn’t hold himself up anymore. He lost his grip on the kitchen counter. He fell hard on his knees but the new pain couldn’t cover the old pain. Gripping his head in his hands, he tried to ease the pain. He tried to get control but he couldn’t. He felt the pressure as a new wave of images intruded his mind.

He was waiting. He wanted to see her. He needed to see her. It was too long ago the last time he saw his love. He was now King of Jazeer. He wished he had more time for her. He wished he could see her every day. It wasn’t possible. No one knew of them. They couldn’t be together because he was no Antarian. The Royals of Antar weren’t allowed to be with Mates who were not Antarians. He loved her. He wanted her. He needed her.

Too much time went by the last time he saw her. He went to another galaxy for a war he didn’t want to fight. Antar wanted to colonize the planet. For many decades, Antar and Jazeer were allies and fought side by side. He didn’t want to but he had to fight.

He was one of the best warriors in the entire Whirlwind Galaxy, perhaps the best. He just had come back from one of the many battles. He was hurt in his last battle. A scare adorned his face. It was almost a less than five inches long scare, which started at his right cheek and slightly ended under his earlobe. It still hurt a bit. He hated to see it. It was a reminder of his actions on the battlefield, the men he killed and the men who were killed under his command.

Today he would see her. He was pacing in his office. It was an unofficial visit since the royal men were in war. She would be here soon. She should ask about the war Antar and Jazeer are participating but she just wanted to see him and assure herself that he was alive.

He heard a knock. Swirling around he shouted to come in. One of the servants opened the door; she slowly entered the big office. She held her head high. Her dignity was visible. She looked into his eyes. Her hair was down and some strands framed her face. He thought she was more beautiful than the last time he saw her. He couldn’t tear his eyes off her. He told the servant that he didn’t want any interruptions during his meeting with the princess. As the door was closed, he slowly walked towards her until they were a few inches apart. He missed her so much that he just wanted to live in that moment with her.

Slowly Vilandra reached up her hand to touch his face. She would never get enough of just watching him, looking him into his eyes. She stroked his cheek. Slowly Vilandra traced her index finger along his scar. She hated the fact that he had to suffer so much pain. He winced at the first touch but as the feeling of her touch increased, the pain went away.

“Oh my dear…”

She couldn’t speak anymore. The tears were already streaming down her face. Vilandra hated that Khivar had to participate in a war he didn’t want to fight. She knew his reasons. Vilandra was the only one who knew his fears. She was the only one he trusted.

As he saw her tears, he took her hand, which touched his injured cheek, and kissed her wrist. He hated to make her cry or that she cried for him. He still remembered the night he left her to follow his soldiers in the war. Her tears, her fears, her prays that he would come back alive, making him promise not to die on a battlefield.

He whispered soothing words, he declared his love for her, and he told her that she was his only reason to live. All the while looking her into the eyes so, she could see his love and his sincerity shining in his eyes. Embracing her in his arms, he held her tight and kissed her lightly on the lips. In the instant, they kissed again. The kiss was more passionately, more needed. After such a long time, they needed to feel the love for each other. Vilandra parted her lips to allow him access to deepen the kiss. He pressed her tightly to his body to show her how much he needed her right now. Vilandra didn’t protest as his tongue explored her mouth. Only in his arms, she felt his love for her.

Separating their lips both leaned their foreheads against each other’s. Their breathing was heavy and their starring into their eyes was intense. It was a moment like the one that he needed to feel home and safe. He loved feeling her in his arms. He loved looking at her. He loved everything about her.

Khivar lifted his hand to stroke her cheek. Vilandra turned her head slightly kissing his palm. They stood in the middle of the room for further minutes until a knock interrupted them. They separated. A servant entered bringing in the drinks and food. After the servant left, Khivar embraced Vilandra in his arms. Telling her that he wasn’t going to leave her again, that he would be more on Antar for diplomatic meetings. He wasn’t going anywhere now. Again, he leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers.

His breathing was still heavy. The sweat kept streaming down his face. The pain was over but somehow he felt different. He felt a change. Alex couldn’t explain what was different but there was a difference in him. Frustrated Alex beat his fist against the hard kitchen floor. Alex was frustrated because he didn’t know what those images meant but they were familiar. They weren’t strange at all what scared Alex even more that they meant something important. It was as if he lived that life once. It was as if those images were memories, his memories.

Realizing that he was still kneeling on the kitchen floor, Alex tried to stand up. It was difficult since he felt dizzy. As he stood again, Alex got himself immediately a glass of water. While he stood at the sink, Alex looked out of the window; he felt the next push in his mind. It was as if he couldn’t think clearly anymore. Again, he felt the piercing pain but this time it wasn’t as strong as the last push of images. The next images rushed through his mind.

He and Vilandra kissing in the garden in a secret place

He was arguing with Prince Zan and Lord Rath

He was again fighting in a war

He was sitting in an office and waited for someone

He attended a funeral

He was comforting Vilandra

He watched as Zan was crowned as new King of Antar

He was signing an agreement with Zan

He was with Vilandra

He was wearing a refined military uniform as he walked down a hall as he saw Vilandra standing at the doors, which led to the garden. In the window glass, he saw his reflection.

Alex came out of his daze as the doorbell rang. He was still confused and he still had big difficulties to understand what happened but somehow he was beginning what it might mean. He needed more proof. Alex needed time. The only thing he understood was that there was this big love for this beautiful girl he saw. She was always there. It was as if she was his centre, as if she was his everything. Alex had the feeling he knew her. He felt emotions for the girl, which felt familiar. He felt the love for her. It was as if he knew the girl. He could feel her presence. He felt her. She was a part of him. Alex knew the images meant something and that the girl meant more than he knew.

Again, the doorbell rang; slowly Alex went to open the door. Somehow he was surprised Liz standing outside. He didn’t know she was going to visit him. He stood awkwardly in front of her. After seeing Liz’ smiling face, he greeted her with a big hug and let her come in. They walked into the kitchen and Alex got Liz a soda. Liz was worried about Alex since yesterday and then as she saw him today walking aimlessly around until he had an encounter with Isabel and Grant. Liz knew how Alex felt about it and she visited to see how he was doing.

The feeling was back. He felt the energy. He felt his presence. He felt how he was going to gain his power back. He knew he had to do something. He had to find him. Many years went by; there was no sign of him. Suddenly he was there. Nicolas had to do something before the Royal Four would find out. He had to find him before she would find him. Nicolas’ train of thoughts was interrupted by knock. Allowing entering, his assistant Deehil entered. He informed that everything was ready for the trip to New York and that the preparations for the summit were about to be finished. It was now necessary to convince the Royal Four to attend the summit. The new problem was Nicolas feeling Khivar’s presence. Nicolas had to find him and he had to kill him. Before leaving to New York, Nicolas instructed Deehil to find Khivar and get rid of him.

“You will find him. You will get rid of him. I don’t care how you do it just do it. I want to see him dead and I want it as fast as you can. If you want to torture him do it but in the end, I want him dead. Now go.”

As Deehil left the room, Nicolas was lost in his thoughts about Khivar. He wasn’t sure if Khivar knew about the Royal Four or if he knew about Vilandra but he was sure about one thing sure that in the end he would win again.

“In the end, history always repeats itself.”
Last edited by chanks_girl on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

AN: Thank you all for FB.

Sternbetrachter: I have to admit that Alex will have to go through more pain and confusion.

Flamehair: Thanks for FB. There will be more memories and I made the rules hard so it would work with the challenge.

Killjoy: Thanks for FB. I will (hopefully) imply more candy moments.

CHAPTER IV

It wasn’t supposed that he remembered. It wasn’t supposed that he now awaked. It wasn’t supposed fighting a war which didn’t belong to this world. Not anything was supposed to happen. He couldn’t change a thing now. He had to watch him. He had to be there. He knew something was going to happen. He knew that Nicholas could feel his power. The power was strong. He would be stronger than back on Jazeer. He had to protect him that was his task. The enemies were near. They would find him soon and until then he had to wait. He had to watch how he was going to fight a war his master didn’t want to fight.

She didn’t really listen to what he said. It wasn’t really important or interesting. Actually, it was boring. Why she sat here? Vilandra. A normal life. For once, she wanted to feel normal. Her fears and her guilty conscience were getting more and more power over her life. She wasn’t behaving like her usual self. No, she was a little frightened girl, who was afraid of herself. She was afraid of what she could be. She was afraid of who she would be. She was afraid of her actions, now and then. She sat there. She saw that his lips moved but she didn’t hear the words he spoke. She didn’t want to hear them. She knew she was wasting her time but it was making her feel normal for now.

Vilandra. The name was her only thought. This name was linked with her biggest fear. She feared to betray him and the others again. She feared to become this person again. Isabel knew that she would never betray her brothers again but she was afraid of not being strong enough. What if she would betray them? What if she wasn’t strong enough? What if?

Her thoughts were about her betrayal. It was in another lifetime but as they said, history would always repeat itself. She had fifty percent of her DNA, which by the majority were influencing her alien side. She was a part of Vilandra. Was she also able to betray her family? Could she cause their death? Isabel’s mind was racing with questions like those.

Coming back to reality, she saw the man opposite her: he wasn’t really what she suggested her type but he made her feel normal. He didn’t really know her and Isabel was sure he would never get to know her. He would never see the woman she was. He would never be close to her. He would never know who she really was. He would never see the person behind this beautiful face. He would never know her fears, her hopes, her wishes, her dreams, her goals and her origin. Never. That’s why she dated him. He would never see and know her.

Sitting there, her mind drifted off to earlier as she saw him walking around aimlessly. Yesterday, as they were at Michael’s and she saw him in pain, she wanted to go to him and make sure herself that he was alright. She wanted to put her arms around him to assuage the pain he felt. Isabel knew it wasn’t possible. She had to stay away from him to protect him. Her life was too complicated to involve him. It was too dangerous. She was dangerous. She feared to hurt him. She feared that her origin could hurt him. She feared that the person she was would hurt him. She couldn’t be with him. She couldn’t take it if he would be hurt. He meant too much to her and seeing that her life endangered him scared her like hell. That’s why she broke up with him. She didn’t want to endanger him and his life. He should be able to have a normal life. He should be able to be with a normal girl. No matter how much she wanted she couldn’t be with him.

It couldn’t be now. Even someday was not an option for her.

A comfortable silence engulfed the two friends as they sat together at the kitchen table. She knew he wasn’t good. She knew that he was hurt and she hoped that she could take his pain away. She hated that her friend had to suffer. Sometimes she hated herself for introducing him to the world of aliens and spies. She hated herself for destroying his life. She hated that he had to lie, to endanger himself for them every time they needed him and never had he said anything. Now, he suffered because of her actions. She had never believed to see him like that. She had never seen this look in his eyes. She never saw this confusion and this pain in his eyes. As she saw him in the park standing opposite of Isabel Evans, his former girlfriend, and her new conquest a geologist, she wanted to go to him and tell him to go. She couldn’t take it to see him standing there and not being able to move.

There she was sitting at his kitchen table and wanting to know how her best friend was doing. Liz and Alex were always close. Sometimes, Liz thought he was closer to her than Maria was. It was the fact that he had this calm and soothing aura. When you see him or when you spend time with him, you would always feel safe. He protects you no matter what had happened. He would always be there for you and he would never ask for more. He would always be there. Alexander Charles Whitman was one of the most important men in her life.

“So, what did I do to earn the pleasure of your presence, Miss Elizabeth?”

The words he spoke should sound amusing but she could tell that he wasn’t in the mood for jokes. He always tried to be strong in front of her or Maria but they knew him better. Even he sometimes broke down.

“Well, I wanted to see you Alex. I have to admit that I’m worried about you. I saw you in the park earlier…hmm as you had your encounter with Isabel and that guy. I wanted to see how you’re doing. Alex, be honest. We know each other too long.”

She could see that he winced as she mentioned his encounter with Isabel. It hurt her to see him like that. She couldn’t understand why Isabel couldn’t see what a great man Alex was. It was sad to see that he suffered so much because of the break up.

“Liz, honestly I’m not good. I…I…don’t know how to deal with it that’s all. You know, first she broke up with me and told me she needs space and time and that other shit. Then the next minute she had cut me off, she was flirting with that scumbag in front of me. And then, every time I approach her she would tell me that we are “just friends” and that she doesn’t want to date any guy. Seeing her today with him, it hurts. I…I just needed more time than I thought. It is hard to see her but knowing to stay away…”

She could hear the frustration in his voice. She could see the frustration reflecting in his facial features. In that moment, Liz wished she could take his pain away. She hated to see him that downhearted. Before Liz could say anything, Alex asked her the question that she hoped no one would ask her. In that moment, it was the first time that Alex asked her. He never asked her about her private life. She knew he wasn’t comfortable about the fact that she dated but he was her friend and would always be there for her.

“What about you, Liz? How is it going with your love life?”

Liz let out a deep sigh. She didn’t know how to respond. It was complicated. Hell, her whole life was complicated.

“What can I say? There is nothing. I mean, Max still wants to pursue a relationship but I honestly, I don’t want to. I know he risked a lot when he saved me but slowly I felt obligated to him. To be with him, it felt as if I have to be with him. I will always be thankful for saving me but I can’t love him the way he loves me. Let’s be honest, we never had a relationship that lasted longer than a few weeks. I just don’t feel the feelings he wants me to feel for him.”

“Maybe one day, Max will see that you aren’t meant to be together. Maybe, he needs time to realize that …”

Before Alex could finish his sentence, the doorbell rang. He was surprised because he didn’t expect anyone. With a questioning look, Alex went opening the door. As he opened it, he saw a young man standing in front of him. Alex didn’t really know who he was.

“Hey, are you Alex Whitman? I’m Craig Hardford. I wanted to apply as drummer for THE WHITS. Uhm…you’re still searching, right?”

“Oh yeah, yeah…I’m Alex Whitman. Yeah, I’m still searching a drummer. Well, come in and we can talk and then we will see.”

As they walked in, Alex and Craig were already in a conversation about an appointment to play with the band after Alex would finish the interview. As the two young men entered the kitchen, Liz never felt like this as she saw him.

She could feel his power. She could feel his essence. She could feel him. The last push of power was overwhelming her. He was getting stronger. She had to find him immediately before his enemies would find him.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

AN: Hi, I'm back with a new part. Thanks for your patience. I won't tell you who was watching Alex. For that you have to wait. Thanks again for the FB. I'm glad that you liked the part about Isabel's thoughts.

CHAPTER V

Maybe his eyes fascinated her. Maybe his calm and soothing charisma fascinated her. Maybe his smile got to her. She couldn’t explain what it was but something changed. It changed inside her. There were feelings she didn’t know. There was just one feeling she knew. The butterflies in her stomach. The way her breath was caught when she saw him. He fascinated her. There was something about him that she wanted to know. She wasn’t sure what it was but his presence made her nervous. It was that nervousness, which made you feel giddy. She could see that Alex was going to introduce her to him.

“Well Craig, that lovely lady in front of you is one of my best friends: the wonderful Elizabeth Parker. But it is just Liz. Liz, meet the probably new drummer of “The Whits” since not many people applied for the best job in the world, Craig Hardford.”

Alex said it with a smile. Perhaps it was the first genuine smile she saw today. Liz always knew when Alex talked about his music he wouldn’t stop smiling. It always made him smile. And Liz was happy for her best friend that he was happy, even for a short time.

Even her thoughts about Alex couldn’t help her regarding her nervousness. The new man was in front of her and right now Liz Parker lost the ability to talk.

“I…I…Hi. Me Liz. Alex have to go, bye.”

Before Alex could say anything, Liz placed a small kiss on his cheek and hurried fast out of the house. Alex was pretty confused by Liz’ action. He couldn’t remember any time Liz had acted this way. He apologized for her behaviour. Alex wasn’t quite sure why Liz acted that way but he assumed why.

Maria couldn’t believe how slow her shift at ‘The Crashdown’ proceeded. To make her day, she had a shift with the one and only Michael Guerin. Maria didn’t know if it was karma or just a very sick and bad joke. After the whole Courtney fiasco and the close encounter with the skins, Maria wasn’t in a good mood. She still couldn’t believe how close their enemies were. She couldn’t believe how lucky they could be that they survived. After that day, Maria saw a change in Michael. He didn’t anymore kept her at arms length. During their shift, his eyes were on her. Normally, Maria would be pleased that he was watching her but today she was not in the mood to be observed by Michael Guerin. In addition, he still yelled for her because of her speed at work. Maria knew it was Courtney’s death that changed Michael. It was her death that made him realize that he should be near the one he cared for the most. That was Maria.

Maria was brought out of her thoughts as an usual yell reached her ears.

“DeLuca, come and serve. The food doesn’t walk to the customers.”

As usual, Maria DeLuca wasn’t the kind of girl to let it go. She wasn’t in the mood to deal with Michael’s shit. And Michael had chosen the wrong time to piss off a DeLuca woman. Walking over to the pick up window, Maria leaned forward. As her eyes met Michael’s, she gave him a piece of her mind.

“Listen to me very good Guerin. Stop yelling through the damn restaurant. Otherwise, the customers will refuse to come back because they will think that the employees of this place are totally idiots because there is a guy, WHO CAN’T KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT! STOP YELLING, MICHAEL.”

Not very interested in her outburst, Michael asked Maria if she waned to spend the evening at his place. With a ‘yes’, Maria picked up the plate in front and left Michael alone.

It was late as Alex made himself ready for bed. Tomorrow would be a new day at school and he was still thinking about his conversation with Craig. Somehow, Craig behaved a little bit awkward as they were speaking about “The Whits”. Craig seemed to be miles away during their conversation. It was a little bit odd but Alex dismissed those thoughts immediately. One thing was sure that he would ask Liz what was up with her this afternoon as Craig and he entered the kitchen. It should be fun.

His thoughts drifted off to the images he received. Alex wasn’t sure what they meant but he was sure they were memories. The thing was that he couldn’t put his finger on that images. As Alex entered his room, he felt the next push.

Then everything went black.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

Sternbetrachter and Flamehair, thanks for leaving FB. Probably there will be more such moments.

_________

CHAPTER VI

He walked towards a door. He didn’t know what to expect. On the one hand, he knew it was going to be hard and no one inside was going to give in. On the other hand, she was there. Finally, seeing her and talking to her without fearing to walk away. It was four years ago that she declared her love for him and his for her. Four years they couldn’t see each other as much as they wanted. He was away. He fought in so many battles that he sometimes hoped he would die or get injured just to go home. He couldn’t do that. He had a responsibility. He was the best soldier in the whole galaxy. He was known as fighter and strategist. He won every battle. After his father died, he became king.

The alliance with Antar had taken its price. A price, he didn’t want to pay but had to.

Arriving at the door, Khivar and his escort entered the big hall. The other ambassadors were already there. It was two years ago, that King Zan and the other leaders of the Whirlwind Galaxy decided to establish a parliament. They wanted to steady their relationships. Every planet would send one ambassador with escorts. Khivar wanted to go to these meetings because he wanted to know from first hand what was going on and what decisions were made. There again, Zan didn’t want to attend these meetings. He would send his sister Princess Vilandra. Another reason for Khivar to attend. Unfortunately, he and her got sometimes into arguments because Vilandra wanted to enforce Antar’s interest and Khivar his for Jazeer. Jazeer found an ally in Lord Nikolas, who was the leader of Safax, which was strongly controlled by Antar. Khivar and Nikolas knew each other from military academy and the countless festivals their families had thrown.

It was always the same, they couldn’t agree on anything. There were always arguing and those arguments were slowly going to destroy him. He didn’t want to fight anymore but the majority of the members were going to agree with Antar’s politics. Antar wanted to gain more power and colonies in the other galaxies but the Antarians seemed to forget their own problems how much their people needed first their help and then they could think of conquering other worlds.

A few hours later, the whole meeting was over. He stood with Nikolas in a corner discussing the current events. He didn’t look happy or satisfied with the progress of their meeting. He was fuming inside. Again, Antar was able to enforce their interests and seemed that they all soon were going to participate in a war. He told them all that it wasn’t possible to walk around conquering other worlds while their own people needed help and stability. Of course, no one was there to agree with him but Nikolas. He could see that Vilandra was unhappy with his statement. Although, she remained silent and controlled, he knew she was upset. It was the fact that another war was going to break out and she knew that the man she loved was going to participate.

He was going to leave.

Although, she didn’t represent Zan’s point of view but what else could she do. She was there to represent Antar’s interest and Antar’s interests were Zan’s. She saw him talking to Nikolas. She wanted to go over and tell him what she really wanted. She wanted him to stay. She wanted him to be with her. They just had a little time until their ways were going to be separated again. She saw him leaving alone. Without anyone other noticing her, she followed him outside. Entering the hall, she didn’t see him. Suddenly, Vilondra was pulled aside. Turning around she stood in front of him. She saw the anger in his eyes. She saw the fear reflecting in his eyes. Only with her, he showed any vulnerability. She knew he hated the decision they made. And he knew, she did hate the decision.

“I hate this. I hate not being able to go to you, speak to you, and touch you. Vilondra, I don’t want to leave again. I know it will kill me not being with you. I don’t want this. Why is Zan so focused on gaining more power? Isn’t it enough what he has? Why, Lonnie, just tell me why.”

He sounded so desperate and sad. He didn’t want to follow this king. He didn’t want to kill anymore. He didn’t want to kill people anymore. There was nothing he could do. The agreement between Antar and Jazeer was going to be his death. Back then his father promised Antar’s king eternal loyalty. His loyalty wasn’t to an inexperienced young boy, who thought of himself never being wrong. He was himself a king. He wanted to live.

“Khivar, I can’t…I wish I can but there is no explanation. Zan, he wants the ultimate power. He wants that Antar is known as the most powerful planet in the whole universe. He wants everything. You know him.”

“Yeah, he is a little boy, who thinks power is everything but he doesn’t see his own people suffer or needing him.”

Anger. His anger was going to surface. Always being the one to follow someone else. He always swallowed his feelings. Time after time, it was going to dominate him. He was the one fighting out on the battlefield and the king was safe. He was the one sacrificing all. How much could he take anymore?

“Khivar please, don’t say that. He is just …I don’t know. Since father died, he changed. It is as if he has to proof what he is capable of and what he can achieve. I don’t want you to go. I want you here with me. Staying with me. I want a life with you. Listen, since quite a time I try to convince Zan to enact a law that allows Antarian royalty to choose mates, who aren’t from Antar. He is thinking about it. If I am successful, we can be together and no one will be able to separate us. Khivar, please be patient. I don’t want to lose you. Please Khivar, I don’t want you to leave…”

He knew she was as much upset as he was. He saw the tears welling up in her eyes. He hated to make her cry. He didn’t want this. Maybe she would be successful. He knew Zan. He knew something was going to go wrong. He knew it. Slowly he pulled her close to him. Comforting her, he spoke soothing words. He wanted to be with her. He wouldn’t leave her. He would always be with her. Always being there for her. He promised her to be there for her and with her, in every life they would have.

As she stopped crying, he told her that he had to go. He would see her tonight and hoping she would dance with him on the ball. Leaving her, he felt how his anger was consuming him and also his sadness.

He sat with her at the same table. He stole glances. He could watch her forever. Tonight she looked so beautiful. She was his everything. At the table sat Zan, Vilondra and their cousin Rath, who was Zan’s Second in Command. With them were Duchess Ava and other royalty. He didn’t know why there was a big ball but he assumed Zan was going to announce something. He could see that everything was planned perfectly. He knew that Vilondra had her hands on it. He could imagine how she was driving the servants crazy with her ideas and bossing around. A small smile appeared on his face. He complimented Vilondra for the ball and her fantastic planning. He loved to make her blush. She blushed a lot after his compliment.

A few hours passed. Finally, he held her in his arms, where she belonged. They were dancing for quite a time. He didn’t want to let her go. He wanted that this moment would be forever. He wanted her with him and no one else. She belonged to him. Their dance was interrupted as Zan asked for everyone’s attention.

“Dear friends and family, I am pleased to see that you all were able to attend our ball. The night will be unforgettable for some of us. First, I want to announce that I will enact a law that allows every male from Antar to choose a non-Antarian mate. Therefore, I choose Duchess Ava as my bride and mate. Gladly I can also announce the betrothal of my Second in Command Lord Rath and my dear sister Princess Vilondra. I raise my glass to our new family and our new powerful world.”

He felt so empty. He felt as if someone has ripped off his heart. He felt nothing. How could that be? He was pale and knew that Vilondra wasn’t in any better shape. She didn’t know. He knew it. It was all Zan’s idea. She looked at him and saw her anger about her own brother doing that to her. He knew she was close to Rath, who was more like a brother to her. He couldn’t lose her. It wasn’t possible. All eyes were on her. He stood next to her. He couldn’t do anything. Zan allowed Antarian men to choose non-Antarian mates but why didn’t he allowed the women. Turning to Vilondra, he took her hand, bowed a bit and kissed the back of her hand. The kiss was so tender and vulnerable that he wanted to scream. He was going to lose her. Able to look her in the eyes, he saw her pain, sadness, and confusion.

“Congratulations Princess.” He spoke. ‘I fight for us’ were the words he mouthed.

He couldn't let her go.

He sat in the garden. He sat on ‘their’ bench. He could feel her. He felt her aura. It was the first time he felt her. It was because he let her in. He had let her feel him. Their connection was always weak because he didn’t want her to feel him. Especially when he was away, it would have killed him to feel her but not being able to be with her. He was afraid. Now, he needed her and she needed him. He knew she was going to come. The ball was still on. He didn’t want to be there and pretend that he was happy that she was betrothed to another man. He was the one for her and no one else.

He saw her coming towards him. He couldn’t sit anymore. Getting up, he ran towards her and engulfed her in an embrace. He wanted to hold her forever. He felt her tears running down his neck and he felt his own tears streaming down his face. He told her that he wouldn’t give up on her. He would fight for them. In the end, she will be his. Time seemed to slow down as they still held each other. Both didn’t want to release the other fearing it was the last time they would touch each other. Slowly he lifted his head to look at her. Her face was covered with tears. He told her that he loved her and before his lips were on hers, she whispered the words he loved to hear.

“I love you forever, Khivar.”

Waking up covered in sweat, he couldn’t breathe. He couldn’t think straight. He needed to calm down. He knew everything. Who he was; who they were and who she was. He knew they meant something and now it was almost clear what they meant. He knew the names Zan, Rath, Ava and Vilondra. He knew Vilondra. She was always there. She had been his everything. She had meant everything to him. He felt the love for her. It was all coming back.

He felt it. They weren’t dreams. They were memories of a life before.
Last edited by chanks_girl on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

CHAPTER VII

He remembered. He knew. Now Alex knew what the images meant. They were memories. Memories of a life before. It wasn’t a life on Earth in a past decade or century. He remembered the life on a foreign planet. It was his planet. He was the leader. He was a king. He was a warrior, who had fought in so many battles and wars. He remembered it all. Everything from this past life was his life. Everything he felt were his emotions and feelings. Alex was the man whom he saw in his visions.

Alex Whitman was Khivar.

It couldn’t be. Alex was a human. He was born; he didn’t hatch from pods or anything else. There were baby photos of him. Pictures that show his human life. It couldn’t be that he was also an alien. It just couldn’t be. Alex only knew this life there wasn’t another life. It couldn’t be. He was human.

Maybe he was going crazy. That thought crossed his mind. Everything started after the Skins attacked. Maybe they wanted to drive the humans crazy. It was a theory, which could be true. It could be true that the Skins did anything to him. It could be.

Even Alex himself didn’t believe his own theory. Alex knew that the images weren’t dreams or imagination, they were memories. He felt it.

Moreover, he couldn’t tell anyone. He was the man who caused them pain. He was the man who destroyed them. He was their enemy. It was simple. He remembered them all: Max was Zan, Michael was Rath, Tess was Ava and Isabel, she was Vilandra. They wouldn’t trust him. He couldn’t tell anyone. Not even Maria and Liz, they wouldn’t believe him and they wouldn’t trust him. He had been their enemy. He was their enemy. He wasn’t going to tell them. He couldn’t do it. He had killed them all in a former life. They would hate him. They already hated him. It was true the enemy was close but no one had thought that he was so close.

They couldn’t trust him.

Alex couldn’t go to them. He wouldn’t go to them. Someday they would know. Somehow, they would know. It wasn’t an option for Alex going to the Pod Squad and confessing that he was also an alien. He couldn’t tell them that he was the one who was responsible for their deaths.

Khivar

Alex knew the name. He heard it on many occasions. Every time they had meetings they said this name. He was the enemy. He was the reason for their deaths. He was the one. He was the man who killed them. He killed his friends. The memories weren’t clear. They didn’t show him what happened to all of them but Alex knew that he was responsible.

Perhaps it was the most confusing night of his life. Alex wasn’t sure what to do or how to act around his friends. Now that he knew, what these images meant things had changed. It changed everything for him. It changed the relationships he shared with his friends. The new revelations changed Alex Whitman’s whole life. It was all a lie. His whole life was based on a lie. All he knew was a lie.

Everything about Alex Whitman was a lie.

It was a new day in Roswell. All seemed to be normal like always. It was a calm morning. It was a beautiful morning. Everything seemed normal. To everybody everything was normal. Everybody but Alex Whitman. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know what to think. It was all too much. This whole situation was too much for him. The worst was that he didn’t know whom he could trust. Trust. Suddenly that word had more meaning to him than ever. Trust was a precious thing and now, Alex lost it. He lost his trust to himself and his friends. He didn’t know what they would do. Hell, he didn’t know what he should do.

He felt lost and lonely. There was nothing that he could do but trying to keep sane. He couldn’t let them know. They weren’t allowed to know. This whole revelation was going to change his life forever. It was going to change everything. He could only imagine their reaction. He knew they were going to hate him for what he did to them in the past life. He still could feel his anger and hatred for Zan.

Has he been really capable of killing his friends?

Has he been really capable of killing his one love?

Thinking about the emotions and feelings Alex received were so overwhelming. He felt the love for Vilondra. Khivar loved Vilondra. Vilondra was Isabel. And he loved Isabel.

There was nothing Alex could do but to hide the fact that he was the enemy. He was the one they hated and needed to destroy.

If this whole lie wasn’t going to destroy him before.

It was going to be a normal day. She hoped it was going to be a normal in her not so normal life in Roswell. Even she wasn’t normal. Isabel still thought about Nicolas’ words. That she betrayed her family. Her actions were the reason for their deaths. Her love to a man was stronger than her love to her family. She was responsible. Isabel couldn’t quite understand how she was able to do what she had done. Her family was her first priority. Keeping them safe. Never ever was she capable of hurting her family. Never.

Standing in front of the mirror, Isabel looked at her own reflection trying to see any difference. Maybe she could see it in her eyes. Eyes were the mirror to everyone’s soul; maybe it was visible in her eyes. She needed the proof that she was a traitor. She needed to be sure.

Not knowing the truth was going to eat her up. It was going to destroy her. Not knowing what kind of person she was and was going to be, Isabel knew it would hurt in the end. No matter what the others would think, Isabel needed the assurance.

Isabel was brought out of her thoughts by the knock on the bathroom door. Checking her appearance, Isabel was ready to face the world.

It was going to be a new and normal day in Roswell. Today there weren’t going to be evil aliens trying to kill them. They were going to be normal teenagers.

Michael wasn’t into school. In his opinion school was a waste of time but it was also good place to sleep. Another plus was that he could be near Maria. He wanted to keep her safe. After the whole Pierce incident Michael thought he needed to stay away from her to keep her safe. He didn’t know how wrong he was. With the arrival of their enemy, Michael knew he couldn’t keep Maria away from him but he also didn’t know how to be near her without giving his feelings for her away. She was everything he wanted and needed in his life. She was more than family for him. Unfortunately he was the reason, she was in danger. He was dangerous.

Now after several weeks of keeping her away, he needed her more than ever. He wanted to be near her. After the whole Courtney fiasco, Michael had to do major efforts to get Maria back. Sure, Maria had feelings for him. She cared for him deeply or even more but she was a girl who was very proud and wouldn’t take any shit from him anymore. Well not more than usual. At least last night after their shift at the Crashdown, she agreed to spend some time with him. Michael didn’t expect anything. He just wanted to be near her. He wanted to be sure that she was safe. Surprisingly, Maria and Michael had a great time. They watched some TV and had dinner together. Michael could see Maria started to trust him again and that was more than he could ask for.

Walking through the halls of West Roswell High, Michael couldn’t help himself but to think about Nicholas. That little brat had more power than the four aliens together. The main problem was that they didn’t know if Nicholas had died in the fire or if he was able to escape. If he was able to flee then they had a problem because he was definitely coming back. Wanting the Granolith and the death of the four aliens. Until then they had to be careful and ready for the enemy. Michael knew that there was something wrong but he just couldn’t put his finger on it. There were going to be a lot of problems. He knew it. He needed to keep them all safe. They needed to act. It was just a question of time until the next attack was coming. Michael was responsible for them all. He was the one who protected them and kept them safe. He couldn’t let anything happen to them.

As Michael walked through the halls, he was still deep in thought about their current situation. He didn’t see the slightly open door and certainly he didn’t see the hands grabbing him and pulling him into the room. Not really realizing what was going on, Michael immediately was on soldier mode ready to fight the intruder. Moreover, he didn’t expect the enemy’s lips on his. Finally focusing on the situation, Michael responded eagerly to the sensations the passionately lip lock had awoken in him. He knew this lips and he definitely knew the person they belonged to. Much to Michael’s dislike the kiss ended as fast as it started. Coming out of his daze, he saw the very sexy smile of Maria DeLuca.

“Do you like kissing me, Michael? I know you like it and I like kissing you. So here is the deal: You have Eraser Room privileges, you have privileges with me therefore you have to work a lot on us to keep those privileges. You understand this, right? After that whole intergalactic Slutney-fiasco I am willing to start fresh and clean with you but as you already know there will be major work for you. I’m sure you are willing to agree to my conditions. I am sure I am worth it. If you should fuck up in any way I don’t tolerate, you are in deep shit trouble. Got it?”

There he was, Michael Guerin who was the reincarnation of a former warrior. There he was being pretty scared of the girl in front of him who was two heads shorter than him and still she was able to scare the hell out of him. He knew she wasn’t joking and he should take her serious because in a situation like that even not his alien powers would help him. With a very frightened voice Michael responded that he was alright with her rules. No matter what, he just needed his Pixie fix in his life.

For twenty minutes he was sitting in his car in front of the high school. He was gripping the car wheel so tight that his knuckles were turning white and it seemed he was going to rip it out any minute. Seeing this some people would assume that a very angry teenager was sitting in the car. Only the teenager himself knew what was going on. It was his fear. It was his pain. It was his confusion. Alex feared his own friends. He was afraid that they would hate him. He was their enemy. They would fight him. He couldn’t blame them because he was responsible for their deaths. The longer he sat there the longer he was going to chicken out to go to school. He wasn’t ready to face them. He didn’t want to face them. He needed to stay away from them. He had to make it somehow. Unfortunately, it wasn’t going to happen. They would know that something was wrong with him. They would want to have answers and Alex just wasn’t ready to give them what they wanted because he wasn’t ready himself. He still needed to understand the circumstances and he needed to know who he really was.

That was the big question: who was Alex Whitman really?

With a heavy sigh, Alex exited his car and walked into the school building. He headed straight to his first class. It was then that Alex realized that all the others were also in this class. It was the only class they shared together. Alex didn’t know how he was going to react and act around them. He needed to stay calm and don’t let them know that something was wrong with him. Standing in front of the class room, Alex hesitated to enter the room. He still could turn around and ditch school but Alex wasn’t that kind of guy. Slowly he reached for the door knob and entered the class room. He felt very uncomfortable as everybody was looking at him. The teacher wasn’t happy about the interruption but wasn’t going to ask Alex about his late coming because he was already sitting in his seat. He knew they were looking at him. He knew they wanted to know why he was late. Maybe now was the time to continue the basis of his life into the reality of Alex Whitman. Maybe the lying was going to save him and staying away from his friends was going to keep them safe. Maybe then he could have a night of peace.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Rise & Fall (A&I; adult)AN* 4-5-08; p.4

Post by chanks_girl »

AN: After having to re-write this part, I am finally happy to have e new part for this story. I am really really really sorry that it had taken so much time for a new part. Unfortunately I have to tell you, that for the upcoming weeks won't be there an update because I have midterms and I have to study for that.

A big THANK YOU to Sternbetrachter and Flamehair for the feedback; and cameramandc for the bump. Glad to see that you both liked the little M&M scene. Yep, Alex is poor baby for now.

Feedback is appreciated so don't be afraid to leave some. Have fun with the new part.

CHAPTER VIII

He felt the fear. He felt the nervousness increasing. He knew they were watching him. He knew they were curious. He knew he wasn’t himself and it was obvious. He couldn’t tell them what was going on. They hated him for what he had done. He was the man who had killed them. He couldn’t tell them.
Alex knew that he was being watched by his friends. The moment he entered the classroom their eyes were on him. They watched him. They wanted to know but they couldn’t know. Alex knew they wouldn’t understand. He wasn’t the boy they thought to know. He changed. Alex was a stranger to himself; he still didn’t understand how he could be a reincarnated alien. He was human. Alex Whitman was born and not hatching of a pod. How was it possible that he was Khivar.

The man, who was supposed to have killed King Zan, Queen Ava, Princess Vilondra and the Second in Command Rath also known as Max and Isabel Evans, Tess Harding and Michael Guerin. They were his friends now but back in their past something had happened that turned Khivar against them all. Something which killed them all in the end but feeling the anger, despair and hate which were reflected through the memories made Alex doubt his own judgement. Maybe he was the one who killed them. Letting his emotions lead him and clouding his judgement. He wasn’t the boy he thought to be. He was a stranger. No one knew who he was and no one ever would know the truth.

“Mr. Whitman, I would appreciate it if you would pay attention to this class.”

Alex was brought back to the real world by the dismissing tone of his teacher. Suddenly being the centre of attention Alex was more nervous than before. Thinking fast to have an acceptable excuse, he only stammered an apology and hoped that the teacher was satisfied with that and would leave him alone. Alex had to watch out or his friends would get suspicious of him. It was a surprise that Alex wasn’t paying attention to the class; he was one of the best students. As Alex looked around he knew the others were watching him and he felt more and more uncomfortable. He was getting more nervous than before hoping that the remaining twenty minutes would pass by fast.

When he had looked around, Isabel was looking at him. There was confusion and curiosity reflecting in her eyes. For just a second he thought to have seen compassion for him. He didn’t know why but it was making him more nervous than usual right now that Isabel was looking at him. In that moment Alex knew he had to stay away from her and the other aliens. He couldn’t risk that they found out who he had been. Alex had to find a way to avoid the aliens. It wasn’t going to be easy but somehow he had to find a way. To be near them and knowing that he was the one who was responsible for their deaths was a burden which Alex couldn’t take.

Isabel didn’t know what was going on with Alex. Since the Skins had attacked, Alex was acting strange. Maybe that device had more side effects than they knew. Maybe Alex was suffering. She wanted so badly to go to him and make it better but knowing who she was and what she had done. She didn’t want to hurt Alex or seeing him hurt but what other chance did she have. She was a traitor. She betrayed her family and her people for a man who promised her everything and more. And she had believed him all he had told her. Nicolas’ words were still on her mind. Whittakers’ words were still on her mind. She was responsible for everything. That’s why she tried to stay away from him, not wanting to give promises to a man. She knew she would hurt him and he didn’t deserve it. Although she wasn’t normal, everything had to be normal to the outside world. It had to be normal so that her own world wasn’t going to crash down on her.

She had to stay away from Alex. He had that power over her that made her uncomfortable. On the one hand the feelings she felt were familiar to her. It was as if her soul and mind were connecting with his. It felt as if she couldn’t tear herself away from him. Fearing that she wouldn’t feel like that ever again. Fearing that she would lose those emotions, he had awakened in her. She was afraid that she couldn’t live without him. She didn’t want to depend on him but he was all she wanted. They had been close but then came her Destiny. She was supposed to be this strong Princess who was going to return to her ‘real’ home and saving her people. She couldn’t be that person. She wasn’t strong. She was weak and not able to follow her Destiny. She couldn’t do it.

On the other hand, she was afraid to lose him. She was afraid to get too close to Alex. Seeing who she really was: a creature which was cruel and didn’t care about anyone else but herself. Moreover, she was afraid that he would get hurt because of her. Because he knew her and her enemies would use him to get to her. That’s why she had broken up with him to protect him. If they would have stayed together, they would have used him to get to her. Seeing him hurt wasn’t an option though she regretted the way she had done it. She did hurt him as much as their enemies could have.

She was not better than them.

She hurt people.

She hurt Alex by her actions.

The ringing of the bell brought Isabel out of her melancholy thoughts. From the corner of her eye she could see that Alex gathered his stuff together and left the class as fast as he could. She noticed that Alex was behaving oddly today. He was late for class what a surprise was though Alex was never late. There was something wrong with him. He looked tensed and nervous like he was on the edge. Having his head down the whole time and not noticing his environment as if he wanted to hide from something. The happiness which always surrounded him somehow vanished. He looked lost and afraid as if something was out there to get him. She wanted to go to him and ask what was going on with him but she couldn’t do it. Isabel couldn’t show that she cared about him. She would get to close to him what wasn’t possible. For now she would watch and then, maybe, act.

She walked down the hall to her next class. She was worried and afraid that their enemies were going to strike back. Sure, they had destroyed the Harvest and Tess had killed the Skins that attacked them. For now they were safe but for how long would they be. Isabel had this certain feeling that something was going to happen. Something that was going to change everything.

It was lunchtime. The students were dispersed across the quad except one student, who was too afraid to be among them. Alex was getting more and more nervous. He couldn’t face the others. They would know that something was wrong with him. That’s why he was hiding in the library. It was known that during the lunchtime there weren’t so many students there. For Alex was it the perfect hiding place. He had to find a way avoiding the aliens. In addition, he had to find a way to sort out that chaos, which the memories had wreaked. He had to know that they were true and see why he had done what he did. What had happened that he killed them all?

This whole mess was giving him headache. Never before did Alex feel so lonely in his life. Slowly, Alex realized that there was no one he could lean on. None of his friends could understand his situation. He was a murderer. He didn’t know who he was or where he could come from. He didn’t known how he had ended taken in by the Whitmans. It was going to take a lot of time for him to understand everything.

His father was thousands of miles away so he had to wait for his answers.

It was all changing too fast.

Feeling depressed, Alex walked to the farthest corner in the library. He had slid down the wall and pulled up his knees to chest. He hugged them tight to his body and rested his head on his knees. Wishing that this whole mess was just a nightmare and he would wake up soon.

Liz and Maria were sitting together at their usual lunch table. Maria was telling Liz what she did to Michael this morning. Liz couldn’t believe that her best friend had kind of blackmailed Michael into a relationship. As twisted as Maria’s actions sounded, it was clear that she did it out of love. Deep down Liz knew that Maria and Michael were good for each other. Maria gave Michael the love he deserved in his life. She gave him the feeling that he was needed and wanted. Michael gave Maria the stability that she needed in her life. Knowing that he was there for her when she needed him. Sure, there were ups and downs in there relationship but they always were able to get back together.

Seeing the sparkles in Maria’s eyes, Liz was certain that she was happy and that was important. She was happy for her friend.

“Liz, are you alright? You seem to be miles away from the wonderful and crazy Roswell.”

Maria noticed that Liz had a far away look and was getting a bit worried. The last couple of weeks were pretty hard for her. When Liz came back from Florida, she was immediately thrown back into the alien abyss. Maria had then realized that her pushing for a relationship with Max was not helping Liz; it did push her away from her friends. It went so far that both girls almost lost each other as friends. Maria tried to back off but she wanted to see her friend happy. Maria knew that Liz needed someone who would support her and would take her as the real Liz Parker. Not wanting her to be an image of a girl, which she would never be. The man who wants Liz had to take her the way she was. Maria could only hope and then be happy for her friend.

“I am fine, Maria. I was just trying to imagine Michael’s face as you had him pulled into the Eraser Room. Man that would have been priceless if I had had the chance to see it. I am really happy for you, Maria. Finally, he came around and saw what a wonderful girl you are….and he had learned not to mess with you.” It was clear that Liz was really happy for her friend.

“Thanks, girl. No one messes with a DeLuca-girl. Michael finally saw that he can’t resist my charms. No seriously, I am happy Liz. He had stopped pushing me away to keep me safe like he had said. It was the other way around by pushing me away; he had hurt me more than he ever could. Not being able to be near him or with him did hurt a lot. I am just glad that Michael saw that we belong together and that we’re strong together. And Michael knows to not do something stupid or there is a price to pay he would not want to pay.”

Both girls were interrupted in their conversation as they noticed that the aliens and Kyle were heading towards their table. Liz could see that Max had this intense expression in his eyes. He still wanted to pursue a relationship but Liz had slowly realized that for now she didn’t want a relationship with Max. He had that image of ‘Perfect Parker’ in his mind, which she didn’t fulfil und would never fulfil. Liz knew that she had made mistakes. She pushed the issue of having a relationship with Max. She wanted it but she slowly realized it wasn’t the real thing for her. Maybe she was not ready yet to be with Max. Before Liz was more lost in her thoughts, she saw how Tess was clinging to Max, who didn’t look very happy about it.

Michael greeted Maria with a kiss, which earned him surprised looks by Kyle and Isabel. With an annoyed look Michael confirmed that Maria and he were back together and that there was no discussion. As everybody took his seat, the teens fell immediately into a conversation not knowing that soon their whole life was going to change.
Last edited by chanks_girl on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Rise & Fall (A&I; adult)AN* 29/08/08; p.5

Post by chanks_girl »

Alright here is the next part like I promised. Special thanks to Flamehair, lilah and cameramandc. As for Isabel and Alex, it will take a lot of time until both find each other again.

Enjoy the next part.

CHAPTER IX

She listened to their words but she couldn’t comprehend them. She was lost in her own thoughts. She wanted to find…NO she needed to find him. She could feel him. She knew he was slowly awaking. She had to find him very fast before his enemy would. She had a vision where to find him. His energy was growing more and more. She felt him.

Lonnie knew that Khivar was with her on that planet. She had waited years for a sign. It was there. He was awakening. Sure his power was still weak but at the same time it was increasing more and more. Lonnie had to find Khivar fast. The possibility that his enemies were getting to him first were scaring her. She was also afraid of her family. Zan and Rath hated Khivar with a deep passion. In their eyes he was responsible for everything that had happened then. The memories were there but very blurry. Lonnie had some memories from Princess Vilondra’s life but they were too blurry. She had her feelings. Lonnie still felt the love for Khivar that Vilondra had had for him. She remembered glimpse of their past relationship. She remembered the man who had made her alter ego feel complete. Lonnie didn’t know what would happen if she would find him; she had to warn him of his enemies.

It was time that she did it on her own. She couldn’t wait any longer until Khivar was fully awakened. She had to find him soon.

The water was cooling his skin and Alex was able to control his nervousness. After his breakdown in the library, it took him some time to calm down and collect himself. It was too much for Alex; dealing with this burden. Knowing he was responsible for so many deaths of people who trusted him. He was their murderer. It was difficult to go up to your friends and asking for their help when you know you were responsible for their deaths. Again, splashing some cold water into his face trying to forget for just a glimpse of a second that within a short time his whole life had been turned upside down.

A few days ago he was Alex Whitman: an ordinary high school boy with a love for computers and alternative music. Now he was the reincarnation of a former king who ruled over a whole planet. Add to that that he was the killer of his friends. It couldn’t get worse but knowing that things would get worse didn’t simplify the situation. Everything was changing in Alex’ life.

There was no way that the others could know. Alex needed to hide this secret. His friends couldn’t know anything about his past as Khivar. Alex didn’t know how to handle this whole mess but he had to avoid that anyone found out. He either couldn’t tell Maria Liz: Maria would immediately tell Michael who would go to Max. Moreover, Alex wasn’t going to tell Liz because she was finally getting slightly out of the alien chaos what was becoming more and more to her life. Another reason was that as much as he trusted both girls, Alex was now alone.

Looking up, Alex saw his reflection. He didn’t see anymore that ordinary high school boy. Now he saw a reincarnation of a man he didn’t know and was probably going to hate. He saw another person. He saw a lonely person. The others wouldn’t understand him. They would be afraid of him and that thought was scaring Alex more than anything. He would lose everyone he loved.

For now, Alex just wanted school to end so he could go home and hide from the world. Alex didn’t want to be near anyone. He just wanted to be left alone to come to terms what he was learning about his life. It was still unbelievable that he was an alien. Sure he didn’t have all his knowledge but Alex knew there was more that still had to be revealed. He hoped that he wouldn’t find out too soon; he didn’t know how much he could take. It was too much.

Only four hours to go then he could leave school and also leave his friends behind. The danger was too big they would find out that he was their enemy.

For now Alex just wanted to leave and forget that his life had turned upside down.

The bell signalled the end of another school day. Maria and Liz were in a hurry since they had a shift at the Crashdown in thirty minutes; due to Maria’s make out sessions with Michael they were running pretty late. Due to Liz finding her kissing friend took also a lot of time. Finally after finding Maria in the Eraser room with Michael, both girls were running over to the Jetta.

“Maria, next time you plan to have a ‘private’ session in the Eraser room, make sure you and I don’t have a shift and that you aren’t my ride. My dad is going to kill us if we come again late to work. I think we really strained his patience the last few months.”

“Chica, I am sorry…but how can I resist Michael and those lips…I mean, we just re-reunited…and celebrated.” Maria tried to excuse but all she received was a dirty look by Liz.

Just as the two girls arrived at the Jetta, they saw Max standing by the car who appeared to be waiting for them. All Maria could hear was a soft groan exiting from Liz’ mouth who already knew what the young alien wanted. Well, it was interesting to see how that encounter was going to end. Max saw the two girls running towards the car but didn’t know how to approach Liz. He wanted to speak to Liz trying again to persuade with her a relationship. He couldn’t understand why Liz didn’t want to be with him. After she left and went to Florida, Max had himself problems coming to terms with what had happened but he knew if Liz had been there he would had took all better than being closed off and wanting nothing more than hide from everyone. He really believed when she came back they would be back together. Moreover she gave him a speech about needing her space and not really wanting to persuade a relationship with him. Somehow, Liz made him subtlety clear that there was no chance for them. Sure, he should accept her decision but what about his wishes.

For years, Max dreamed about Liz. Wishing that he would be a part of her life somehow- as in being the one man in her life who would make her happy. The reality was different: their life was a constantly chaos and in danger. But he needed her in his life so he tried to get her to understand his side.
Seeing that Maria and Liz arrived at the Jetta, Max was about to say something when Maria interrupted him.

“Sorry Max but we need to hurry up. We are on our way to piss Mr Parker off if we come too late…again.”

Before Max could do or say anything, both girls were seated in the car and driving off, leaving Max standing alone.

The Crashdown was a madhouse. As usual the restaurant was packed with the school crowd but today it seemed that everybody in Roswell had the desire to eat alien-themed fast food. Maria and Liz were both rushing through the restaurant; both girls wishing they would have been late for work. Their feet were aching and in addition they had to deal with a bunch of hungry people. It was also not helping that Michael was bossing them around. Of course none of the girls knew that he was doing it to piss off Maria and hoping for making up with a lot of making out later.

Add to Michael’s bossing around, Max staring at Liz. He wanted to talk with her but he could also see that at the moment there wasn’t a single chance for that. Liz was buzzing around and she seemed to be very annoyed. So it wouldn’t be a good idea to try to talk to her. It would distract her and it would also piss her off. Max needed a way to make her see that he was the one for her. Their love was unbreakable. He loved her and that was all that mattered.

Before Max got too lost in his thoughts he turned to Isabel who was reading a book. Max couldn’t put his finger on it but he knew there was something wrong with his sister. She was behaving strange the last few weeks as if she was waiting for something. In addition she was always on the edge. As much as he wanted to ask her what was going on, he wasn’t going to endanger his life by bringing the wrath of Isabel Evans on him. He tried to understand what was going on with her but the more he tried the more he was confused. It felt as if his sister was drifting away from him there was nothing he could do. Finding no solution for this situation, Max returned to his staring at Liz.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Rise & Fall (A&I,UC/OC/CC; adult)CH 10; 01-29-09; p.5

Post by chanks_girl »

okay here is the next part. I know I promised one until christmas. I suck. My cold was more worse than I thought and then I had to write 3 papers for school. so finally now scholl is finished, I have the next part. A HUGE thank you to Flamehair for your feedback (great to know you liked) and an also big thank you to the other readers!!!!!

Here is the next part. Have fun reading it.

Feedback is appreciated!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER X

Liz knew that Max was starring at her but she tried to shake it off. She tried to forget that he was in the restaurant but Max made it impossible for her. Max was watching her and if Liz would pay him just a second attention, she would see the longing in his eyes. She knew why Max came everyday to the Crashdown. It wasn’t his fascination for greasy food cooked by his best friend; no, he came because he still tried to pursue her to have a relationship with her. Liz made it several times clear that she didn’t want to be with him but it didn’t go through his thick head so far, that Max would back off. Add to that that Maria seemed making it her goal to get her and Max back together. Liz knew that Maria meant well but she needed to understand that there was no chance for a relationship to the alien king.

Liz knew she was hurting Max by rejecting him all the time but he didn’t want to listen to her. Max was stubborn. He wanted to have his way and Liz didn’t want to follow him. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to ever date again but she needed space from Max and everything that was connected to him. Her life had turned into a Sci-Fi movie and Liz didn’t want that. Sure, it was somehow exciting to have such knowledge on a secret that only seven other people knew but she still wanted to be a teenage girl…and not Ripley. Liz wanted to be a normal teenage girl instead of having the alien drama in her life. She still wanted to experience what it means to be a teenager girl- enjoying her high school time.

“Max keeps looking at you. Why don’t go over to his table? I keep an eye on your tables while you have a nice conversation with him.” Maria told Liz as both girls were busy refilling drinks for customers.

“I can’t. This place is a madhouse and I am not going to go over there and have a discussion about a non-existent relationship with Max. God knows how stubborn he can be and I’m not sure that I can have this conversation now. Moreover, Isabel is sitting with him and I think, she doesn’t want to hear anything about her brother’s relationship issues. So Maria, no I am not going over there and Max can keep looking but I won’t go over there. Please, let’s just finish this shift without any love issues.”

“Come on Liz, it was just a suggestion. It’s just sad to see Max like that. He really tries and maybe a talk would help to solve some issues between you….”

“You are getting paid to serve the food and not stand all the time around and having chit chats about girly girl stuff. MOVE!” Michael’s yelling cut the conversation between the girls short.

“You would think he would be more relaxed after our session in the Eraser Room….but noooo, he has to be a jerk at work. Sometimes I can’t believe his behaviour and sometimes I am not even surprised by his yelling.” muttered Maria as she walked to the pick-up window and took the plates, which Michael had left there.

“I can’t believe Michael said ‘girly girl’…Heck, I didn’t even know he knows that words.” muttered an irritated Liz as she went to refill the drinks of two other customers.

For the next minutes Maria and Liz were busy keeping the customers happy and Liz still trying to avoid Max staring. She knew there was no way out of this that she had to talk to him but Liz didn’t like it. The ringing of the bell above the door drew Liz’ attention to it as Craig entered the restaurant.

It was quite strange to explain but as Craig entered the restaurant his attention was drawn to the back of the establishment where he saw Liz standing next to a table serving customers. He had no idea that she was working here but it was a nice surprise. Immediately as Liz looked at him a smile graced his features. Craig didn’t know what to think about Liz because he didn’t know her and only met her for five minutes at Alex’ house but this girl was catching his interest. He waved at her and immediately walked into her direction. He became nervous as he approached Liz. Sure, she was an attractive girl and he had a thing for brunettes but it was more than her look that intrigued him. It was her whole aura, which attracted him to her in that instant. What was it about her? Craig thought it was cute that she was also nervous by looking everywhere but not him and smoothing down her hair. Seeing that there was no free booth, Craig decided to take a seat at the counter. He didn’t have to wait long and Liz was already there to wait him.

“Hello, welcome to the Crashdown. I am Liz your waitress. Would you like to order a drink or to order now your food…?” In that moment, Liz wished the ground would swallow her because she was rambling and her cheeks burning by the blush.

“I know you are Liz. We met at Alex’ house a couple days ago.”

“Right, we…we did. Are you meeting him or do you just crave alien named fast food?”

“Meeting him, he should be here soon. So, you work here…obviously?”

“Yes, my parents own the place so…I am a cheap a worker.” Her statement caused Craig to chuckle.

Liz was feeling like an idiot talking to him. When she saw Craig entering the restaurant Liz remembered their first encounter and in the aftermath she was acting like a retard. Talking like it was the first time she was talking to a human being. Now, he was here and she had to wait on him. The other problem was that Max was also there and was already staring at them. She was hoping that nothing was going to happen. She was already used to Max’ staring but right now it was unnerving her and she was thinking about going to him and tell him to stop.

It was a soft hand on her arm, which brought Liz out of her thoughts. Looking at the hand seeing where it was coming from, she saw the most beautiful blue eyes ever. They weren’t the usual ice blue but a darker shade. Liz was hypnotized and she didn’t realize that Craig was talking to her. Slightly she shook her head and distanced herself from Craig. Not that she felt uncomfortable by his touch but she needed to calm down or she was going to embarrass herself in front of him. The spot he touched was still tingling. Having her control back, Liz looked at Craig. She really looked at him and saw that he was concerned and worried about her.

“Sorry for zoning out…Uhm you want something to drink, first?”

“Yeah, a coke please.”

Slowly backing away from him, Liz went to get his drink. All the while asking herself why she was so confused when he was near her. She didn’t know the guy. She had met him for five minutes and immediately he turned her world upside down. Getting Craig’s coke, Liz went back to him and placed the glass in front of him. The little smile he gave her made her blush and to cover her uneasiness, Liz excused herself and ran quickly in the other direction.

Isabel was watching curiously Liz and the man she was talking to. She had to admit that she didn’t know the guy. Though she could see from her spot that he had quite an effect on Liz. She was looking a bit nervous and clumsy. Isabel then looked at Max, who was staring openly at the brunette girl while clenching his jaw together. Probably controlling himself from getting up and going over there doing something stupid. She understood that Max was in love with the girl and she understood that he wanted a relationship with Liz; but Max hadn’t understood that Liz didn’t want what he wanted. Isabel was a bit angry that she broke her brother’s heart.

Nonetheless, there was nothing Isabel could do. She couldn’t walk up to the girl and force her to be with someone she didn’t want to date. It was wrong. As much as Isabel wished Max could be happy, deep inside she thought Max should try to move on for now and then see how everything would play out in the end.

Isabel was brought out of her as she felt a slight tingling in the back in her head. It was a weak tingling but it became more intense with every second that passed and it turned into a pain she never experienced before. Barely able to take it anymore, Isabel tried to fight to scream out loud. Fast standing up, she hurried to the restroom with the intention to stay there until all was over. Her breathing was fast and her heart pounded so hard and fast that it felt it was going to burst out of her chest. Closing her eyes tightly, Isabel gritted her teeth as a strong wave of pain washed over her and the visions started.

Her naked body pressed into a mattress by the man’s body on top of her.

Their bodies covered with sweat.

Her legs wrapped tightly around his waist as he was thrusting into her slow and long.

Excited as he took her breast in his hand.

Feeling the arousal, love and passion between them all the way.

Feeling his lips on her neck marking her as his.

Raking her nails across his back, leaving scratches.

Not being able to control the end of their love making and crying out his name.

“Oh God…Khivar.”

As soon as the visions ended, the pain stopped and Isabel was shocked to her core at what she had seen. She couldn’t believe it. She had been with Khivar. She had truly betrayed everyone she loved and had been responsible for the deaths of so many people. Heavy sobs shocked her body as tears ran down her cheeks. It was all true. Right now, Isabel needed to calm down and face the world outside. It wasn’t the time nor the place to break down. Taking deep breaths, Isabel tried to gain back the control over her body and emotions. Waving her hand over her face, her make up was re-done and her eyes didn’t look swollen anymore or blood shot from her crying. She stepped outside but remained staying in the backroom for a little while. It took her awhile to be stable enough to return back to the booth she shared with Max. Not letting him in any way know that there was something wrong.

But if she had waited getting back to her spot, maybe she would have seen Alex emerging from men’s restroom looking pale and confused.