[M/L A/I CC MATURE] The World Shall Not End [Hiatus] [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

[M/L A/I CC MATURE] The World Shall Not End [Hiatus] [WIP]

Post by StarJet »

Hi, people! :D
This is my first try at writing a fanfic. I hope it's not too bad. :)

Title The World Shall Not End
Disclaimer The characters of "Roswell" do not belong to me. I, as a fan of the show, will use the characters in my fan fiction. No copyright infringement is intended.
Category Dreamer / Gazer, Canon/Conventional Couples
Rating Mature (May have some marked Adult rated scenes.)
Summary Time travel is not possible. It is against many laws of physics. Max never sang to Liz with a Mariachi band. Then what happened? This story picks up from where "End Of The World" ended.

(Credit to this cool banner goes to Behrsgirl77.)

== Previously on Roswell ;) ==

"He's very important, this boy. A leader. The reading is clear. You marry your true love. You have happiness. The card here? Intimacy, sex. You will not be left wanting."
"No, no, I don't...I don't know who you are, but you...you're not Max."
"It's you I trust. It's you I have faith in, and because it's not just about getting me close to Tess. I need you to help me fall out of love with you."
"Let me tell you something, Buddha-boy...I got a lamp that needs some serious trimming."
"No. No, Max. I can't go out with you ever again. Please stop doing this."
"I can't help it. I love her. What can I say?"
"Right. And when we kiss..."
"No tongue. I'm on board."
"Don't you realize what you are to me...and you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There'll never be another you."

============================

No way, it couldn't be true. How could it? Yes, it had seemed true. It surely felt like it was indeed Max. But now that she comes to think of it, how could it be? Time travel is just not possible. Had she been tricked to push away the love of her life? Yet, he seemed so real. And when he kissed her, she had really felt him... Max. But now as she lay sprawled in bed, an endless stream of thoughts fills her head.
Time travel... No, it's not possible. There are no several timelines to 'travel' to and from. The past is not 'recorded' anywhere to travel back to. No, this doesn't sound right at all. God, what if I was deceived into hurting him?

== Opening Credits :lol: ==

"Maria! Maria!! Where are you?" Liz runs into the kitchen of the CrashDown. "I'm here. Why do you scream like your head's on fire?" comes Maria's cheeky reply.
"Worse than that, Maria. I gotta talk to you about something."
"I'm all ears, girlfriend. Shoot!"
"It's a bit complicated. So, I guess I'll start from the beginning. After we went to that psycho person-"
"Liz, she's psychic! Not psycho! And don't even think about discussing results!"
"Okay, okay. Whatever. So, after we came back from there, I was... um... uh, never mind about that. So, the main point is... MaxcamebackfromthefutureandtoldmeIhadtobreakupwithhim." Liz says quickly, ending with a sigh.
"Uh, what was that again?"
"Okay, first you gotta promise me that you're not gonna freak out or go hyper or something like that."
"Why do I get the feeling that I'll have to break that promise?"
"At this time, I'm not sure of that, but please bear with me. Okay, here goes. Max came back from the future an-"
"Whoa, whoa, Max WHAT!?"
"Max... actually, future Max c-"
"Liz, you're not making sense! Future Max? From the future? WHAT?"
"Let me explain. Just don't interrupt me." And she goes on to explain everything that happened since future Max came to her.
"God, Liz! How could it be? I mean, how are you sure that it wasn't a shapeshifter?"
"He predicted the future, Maria!"
"Uh, you're not making much sense again."
"Uh, he said that Max is going to do certain things in the near future, like in the next few minutes, and Max really did those things."
"What would those 'certain things' be?" Maria asks as Liz blushes like a ripe strawberry.
"That's not relevant, Maria! The thing is, well, he kissed me. I felt his... his... energy or something. I just felt certain that it was him. When Nasedo was Max, I could feel it when I kissed him."
"But Liz, you of all people, as Miss Scientist should think logically! I mean, what if it was all a hoax. What if Tess mindwarped you?"
"Mindwarped me? You mean like Tess could've held a warp on me for like a whole day? I mean, wouldn't she get exhausted? And after all, she probably will be caught having that squinted eyes expression all day. And doesn't she eat, go to the toilet or anything? I mean, future Max was there next to me at all times!"
"This is just so mind boggling! Oh my god, where's my cedar oil when I need it!!!"
"Maria, I thought you weren't gonna freak out."
"I told you I was gonna break that promise. Now, how do we find out whether it was real or not?"
"Oh, I hope it was real, cause I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't."
"What do you mean?"
"I broke his heart, Maria! I made Max think I slept with Kyle, didn't I? How am I gonna face him again? I did that thinking that it was all for the greater good. I just hope future Max was real. I won't be able to forgive myself if I was deceived into hurting Max."
"Calm down, Liz. We'll think of some way to find out the truth, okay? You and me, girlfriend, we'll find out."
"I think I know one step that I can take in finding the truth."

Maria drives Liz to the hardware store in her Jetta. Liz gets out and walks inside to meet Mr. Delgado. Liz calls out to him, and he comes out with a cheerful look on his face.
"Oh, hello Miss Parker, what brings you here?"
"Uh, Mr. Delgado, I just wanted to know... um... did Max, you know, Max Evans... did he come here recently?"
"Uhm... no, He used to come here some times, but as I remember, the last time he came here was like a two months ago to get something for a school project or something."
"Oh, okay then." Liz turns to leave.
"Why, Miss Parker, is something wrong?"
"Oh, no, nothing. He said he lost his wallet. I'm trying to look in the most unlikely places, just to give him a hand." Liz replies while hoping that he would buy the story.
"Ah, alright then. Have a good day."

Liz comes and gets back in Maria's Jetta with a look of panic on her face. "He hasn't been there in two months, Maria! The whole Mariachi band thing was... was a hoax! Why didn't I realize that Max would never do some stupid thing like that?"
"Oh, my god, Liz! So was it a mindwarp or something, then? I mean, how do we find out what happened?"
"Damn it, Maria! I don't care what happened or how we find out! What am I going to do? How am I going to face Max? I tricked him. I told him I wouldn't die for him when he had risked everything just to save my life! How could I live with this? How can I ever forgive myself?"
The girls don't spot the tiny wireless microphone fixed just below the dashboard, transmitting everything they say to a listener out there somewhere.

To Be Continued...

I'm hoping to give an update within the next 24 hours. :D
Last edited by StarJet on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 22 times in total.
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L, CC, MATURE] The World Shall Not End

Post by StarJet »

Thanks for the comments. :)
uw51 Great to see you're reading this. I just loved your "The Granilith's Chosen Ones" fic. :D Here's the next update.
L-J-L 76Thanks. Here's the next part. Sadly, you won't be able to know who was listening right now. Ah, and Liz and Maria never found the mic hidden in the car. They didn't see it.
roswell4life Dreamer satisfaction guaranteed. I hate Tess. xD
begonia9508 Here's the next part. :)

Update V1.02
============

"...I told him I wouldn't die for him when he had risked everything just to save my life! How could I live with this? How can I ever forgive myself?" A voice comes out of a radio receiver in a cave somewhere in the heart of the desert.
"Damn it! Those brats have found out. But of course, I'm sure my performance wouldn't have gone to waste, seeing as little missy has already pushed him away. It probably would take a little more work, but I'm sure everything will turn out just the way it should." A man who has been listening intently to the conversation, says to himself.

Later in the CrashDown, Liz is serving drinks when she sees Max entering the cafe with Isabel. She quickly sets the drinks down on the counter and attempts to leave, but Max calls her.
"Liz! Wait..."
Liz looks at Max, her brown eyes filled with tears, and quickly runs into the back room where Maria is changing into her uniform and locks the door. "Liz, what's wrong?" Maria asks as soon as she spots Liz's teary gaze.
"He's here! Max is here, and he even talked to me, but I... I just c-couldn't talk to him."
"Shh... calm down, calm down. Now is he inside right n-" Maria is interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on the door. "Liz! I know you're in there. I want to know what happened!" Max's voice is heard.
"Max, please. I can't talk to you right now. Please go." Liz replies from inside the room.
"I'm not going anywhere until you come out." Max retorts.
"Oh, Maria, what am I going to do now?"
"Listen, you go outside now. You can't avoid him."
"But what am I to tell him? I can't lie to him anymore." Liz whispers so that Max can't hear.
"Liz, I'm coming in. I want to know what happened. That's all I want. I won't hurt you or anything." Max says as he places his hand over the door-knob and unlocks the door with his powers. Liz gasps as Max enters the room.
"Liz, I saw you with Kyle. Please tell me what happened. I know you wouldn't do something like that to me."
"Max... I c-c-can't tell you. I'm s-sorry." Liz breaks down in tears. Max steps forward and hugs her close. Suddenly, Max receives a flash of Liz and Kyle together.
FLASH
//"I'm here to help. My body is merely a vessel."
//"Undergarments stay on."
//"Right. And when we kiss..."
//"No tongue. I'm on board."
END FLASH
Max is stunned. He looks into Liz's pleading tear-filled eyes. He kisses her head and leaves the room. But, the stunned look that was on his face isn't missed by Maria. She waits silently until Max leaves with Isabel.
"Liz, I think Max saw a flash when he hugged you. Why don't you tell him what really happened? I mean, now that we know future Max was a trick."
"How can I know for sure? What if Max had learned that stuff from Mr. Delgado a few months ago? What if it was real? I can't take a chance, Maria."
"It's only been few months since you left him after all the Destiny crap. Do you think his first priority was to learn a Spanish love song? Liz, this whole 'I spent a week learning the lyrics from Mr. Delgado' was something said to make it more convincing. I think you should tell Max. At least talk to Alex. He'll give you some ideas on what to do. We should at least get a guy's perspective, shouldn't we? Now, come on, I think you should rest. I'll cover for you."
"Thank you, Maria. I don't know what I'd do without you."
"What are friends for, eh?"
"Anyway, how do you know that Max got a flash?"
"I'm not hundred percent sure, but his eyes kinda went out of focus for a few seconds and afterwards, he looked plainly stunned."
"Oh, my god. What would he have seen?"

In the Evans household, Max is pacing up and down the living room. He keeps on thinking about the flash he got. Was it real? Did Liz really trick him into believing she slept with Kyle? What did he do to get her to resort to such measures? Even then, Max hoped the flash was real, because then at least she didn't cheat on him. Max silently vows to himself that he'd find out what happened.
"Max? What happened with Liz?" Isabel asks from the doorway. She sees that Max is undergoing lot of pain. "Max, do you hear me?" "I just don't wanna talk about it, Iz" Max replies and strolls over to his room.

In New York, four people who look like Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess are walking down a deserted alley. They would look exactly like the pod squad if not for the whack hair styles and piercings.
"Yo, Zan, don't ya realize that this could be our last damn chance to go home?" The Michael look-alike says to the Max look-alike. "Shut up, Rath. I told you I ain't goin' nowhere. You three can go anywhere." Zan replies irritated. "I'm not leaving you, Zan." The Tess look-alike pipes in. "What the hell's wrong with you two? They want the damn royal four! Not the royal two." Rath says, frustrated.
A pickup truck comes through the alley behind them. Rath sees it. "Damn you, Zan!" He shouts and throws Zan onto the road onto the oncoming path of the truck. Zan sees it out of the corner of his eye, and quickly puts up a green force field, preventing the truck from colliding into him. The truck driver gets out, alarmed after seeing the force field, and starts to run. "Ava, warp him!" Zan screams and the Tess look-alike squints her eyes in concentration, performing a mind warp on the driver. The man stops, looks around dreamily, gets back in his truck and drives off.

To Be Continued...

I will post an update as soon as possible. Maximum three days. ;)
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L, CC, MATURE] The World Shall Not End Ch 3 (May 21)

Post by StarJet »

begonia9508 You're welcome. :) No, Zan and Ava aren't evil. :D

Okey, dokey. Here's the next part.

Update V1.03
============

"Yo, you outta your goddamned mind, Rath? You almost fucking killed me. And if not for Ava, we would've have to kill that man or something!" Zan lashes out angrily.
"So, what? What if we have to kill one stupid human? No big deal. If his royal highness is chicken, I'll do it myself."
"Stop this nonsense, dudes. You two actin' like kiddos!" The Isabel look-alike says irritably.
"Lonnie, he almost killed me!"
"Sorry about that, man. I didn't see that damn thing comin'." Rath apologizes, but it's evident that he is not sorry in the least.
"I'm sick of this! You know what, you guys do whatever shit you want. I'm gonna go somewhere else and live peacefully away from all this intergalactic crap."
"Where you gonna go, Zan? You're not leavin' me, are you?" Ava asks Zan sadly.
"I don't know where I'm goin'. I gotta think about it. You can come with me if you want." Zan replies and Ava throws herself into his arms and kisses him. "I love you, Zan."
"I'm gettin' outta here." Rath says and attempts to move. Zan breaks away from Ava and asks "Where the hell are you goin'?"
"Not your damn problem."
"I said I wanna know where the hell you're goin'! And where the hell have you been goin' all this time? Don't think I got no brains, yo. You been missin' from the crib for hours. Where the fuck were you all that time? Lonnie's been shittin' me all this time sayin' you goin' lookin' for work and hangin' out with friends. What kinda friends do ya have to begin with?"
"I told ya, it's not your problem. Don't forget, you ain't the king. The other Zan somewhere else is. You can't give me orders. You know what? I'm sick of you tryin' to boss me around." Rath leaves with Lonnie. Zan attempts to go after them.
"They're not worth the trouble, Zan. You need to rest. C'mon, let's hit the crib." Ava puts her arm around Zan's waist and they leave.

Midnight in Roswell, Tess is pacing up and down the Valentis' living room. Kyle is fast asleep on the couch. Suddenly, a faint knock is heard at the door. Tess looks once at Kyle to confirm that he's asleep and goes to open the door. Someone speaks to her in a whisper. "Tess? 'Zat you? They seem to have found out." "Oh, no. I was just getting along fine with Max!" Tess replies sadly. "Shh, it's not bad as it sounds. All ain't lost. We can't talk over here with the jock lyin' around snorin'." "Oh, okay. Come on." She walks out into the night with the stranger.
They walk into the moonlit street. Tess looks at the stranger, who is now seen to be Rath. "Okay, so how did they find out?" Tess asks Rath?
"You shoulda known that little missy scientist ain't gonna believe that time travel crap."
"But she did believe. She pushed Max away."
"She may have believed, but not for long as I suspected. Ya know those transmitters I fixed around? Well, I've been usin' them to trace what they're doin' an' plannin' and hell, even just jabberin'. That bitch went to Delgado to ask whether Max had come around recently and he said no. Why the fuck did Ed have to feed her that 'I learned them lyrics from Delgado' crap? I knew the fucker was gonna mess up tryin' to sound more convincin'."
"Hey, watch who you're insulting."
"I don't give a shit. Ed fucked up big time and I'mma insult him if I need to. Besides, what the hell you gonna do to me if I do?"
"Oh, yeah? You challenging me?"
"Hell, yeah. What can ya do? Yo, you're pathetic just like Ava."
Tess is visibly pissed off and she squints her eyes in concentration and Rath falls flat on the ground, holding his head, writhing in pain. Tess kicks Rath hard over and over and relaxes her powers. Rath quickly gets up and attempts to blast Tess.
"Uh uh, you don't want me to be kicking your face until you scream like a girl now, would you?"
"What the hell? Damn! Ava could do nothin' compared to that shit!"
"Duh! Don't forget that we're the more powerful set of hybrids."
"Whatever."
"Har har. Now explain things without pissing me off again."
"If you try shit like that, you ain't hearin' nothin'. Now listen good. As far as I know, Maxie doesn't know anything right now. All he knows is Liz cheated on him, and that's a good thing for ya. Now all ya gotta do is keep playing the good friend role like you've been and you can land yourself a whoppin' Max Evans. That's what you want, right?"
"Yeah."
"Now the thing is a new problem is in the comin', and hopefully you can turn it into a good thing."
"What problem?"
"As you and the other Lonnie, uh, Isabel killed Whitaker, the skins are enraged. They're gonna be comin' over real soon. But I can help you there. At one time the skins were attacking us as well. They thought we were you. Those days, Ava found out some whack method to use her mind warp thingy and destroy the damned skins. Sure, it wore her out pretty bad, but she could wipe out skins like shit. And I guess you should be able to do that too."
"Do that and wear myself out?"
"You don' have a choice here. It's either that or the skins are gonna kill you four like animals. Not that I give a shit, but me an' Lonnie need you and Max to get outta this hell hole, so I gotta save you." Rath says with a groan. "Anyway, Maxie is gonna be impressed with you, so I'm sure you wearing yourself out is gonna be worth it for you."

Meanwhile, inside the house, Kyle wakes up to a sound of shouting. "Oh, yeah? You challenging me?"
That sounds like Tess. Wait... Tess? What's she doing outside in the middle of the night with... Kyle looks through the window. Michael?

The Roswell retelecast is in 5 minutes and I've gotta run. :D
Next update as soon as possible.
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L, CC, MATURE] The World Shall Not End : Ch 3 (May 21)

Post by StarJet »

Thanks for the comments, as usual. :)
begonia9508 Thanks. I had fun with the show alright. ;)
roswell4life Yeah, as a dreamer, I hated it that Max thought Liz slept with Kyle until the end of Season 2. I wanted to change it, so I brought about that flash. :D
Natalie36 Sadly, Kyle doesn't keep his big mouth shut. :( But he sure has a hell of a lot to tell Max. :D

Author's note I'm only posting part of chapter 4 right now. I have written the whole thing, but as I'm not working with a beta reader, so I'll need a little more time to put it up after checking it. :)

Update V1.04 -A
============

Kyle slowly got up and went outside. Wait a minute. That isn't Michael, is it? Michael is not into bullshit like piercings and whackjob hairstyles, is he? And I'm feeling this... this sense... that he's a different person. Is that somekinda shapeshifter or somebody?" Kyle slowly goes near Tess and Rath, and Rath spots him.
"Oh, shit. The jock's here." Rath whispers to Tess.
"What's going on, Tess?" Kyle asks.
"Oh, nothing, Kyle. Michael just came by." Tess shows Rath who had quickly hidden his piercings and hairstyle using his powers.
"Oh, really? Michael, since when did you have piercings on your face, huh?"
"Uh, those weren' real, dude. I was just messin' around usin' my powers." Rath brings his hand to his face and uncovers the piercings and hairstyle, and hides them again. "See?"
"You know, you're pretty convincing, but do you wanna know what I think? I think you're not Michael. For one, Michael doesn't have a New York accent. Who the fuck are you? A shapeshifter? Tess, I need some damn answers! What the hell are you doing with this guy?"
"Kyle, Kyle, calm down. He's not a shapeshifter. It's not what you think."
"Oh, yeah?"
Rath looks pissed. "Damn it. I told you you had to be careful, Tess! Now we have no other choice than to finish this moron!" He says through gritted teeth and sends an energy surge towards Kyle. Tess quickly deflects it with her own surge and screams "What the hell were you doing? Don't you dare touch him!"
"What? You in love with him or somethin'?" Rath asks almost ready to attack Kyle again. Kyle starts running towards the house, and Tess instantly begins a mindwarp on him. To Kyle's surprise, he finds that he can feel that Tess is trying to warp him into thinking that he never saw them outside and went back to sleep. He also finds out that he can block the warp. He concentrates and blocks the warp successfully, but pretends that he was warped and goes inside the house and settles down on the couch, his thoughts running haywire.
What the hell is going on? That isn't Michael. There's no reason Michael would come at Midnight to talk to Tess of all people. I gotta tell Max that there's a shapeshifter and Tess is doing something with him. But she saved my life, didn't she? But, she tried to warp me. That means what she's upto can't be anything good. She doesn't usually hide things from me. To top it all, how the hell was I able to block her warp? Damn, what the hell is happening to me? Am I turning into a freakozoid because I've ben spending too much time with them? I just hope Max has some answers for all this.
Kyle pretends to be asleep when Tess returns to the house. Tess looks at Kyle with an unexplainable expression on her face. "I'm sorry for having to warp you, Kyle. I just don't want my plans ruined by you. But don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you." She whispers softly, not knowing that Kyle is awake, and goes to her room. Once he's sure that Tess is asleep, Kyle picks up the phone and leaves a voice mail for Max. "Max, this is Kyle. I need to see you tomorrow morning as soon as possible. It's important."
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L, CC, MATURE] The World Shall Not End : Ch 4A (May 22)

Post by StarJet »

Thanks for the comments as usual, guys! I <3 them. :D

uw51 Rath definitely isn't a nice person. He wasn't a nice person in the show, and I want to portray him that way. I never really liked him. The only dupe I liked was Ava. But I'm also making Zan into a good guy. :)
begonia9508 Kyle is starting to feel a little green around the gills. ;)

Author's note Here's the next part of Chapter 4. I'm sorry for not posting this before, but I had a 102 degree fever, so I couldn't get out of bed. :(

Update V1.04 -B
============

Liz is tossing and turning in her bed, unable to sleep. She doesn't want to sleep, knowing that she would see the same nightmare of Max turning into a grotesque alien shape and getting in a spaceship after throwing her away into some unknown pit.
No, I have to tell Max what happened. I don't give a damn whether future Max was real or not. The chances that he was real are very very slim. I don't care even if the world ends! I can't stand hurting him like this. I can't just wait, all the while knowing that he might leave me forever for that gerbil because of what I did. No, I'm telling him everything!

Max wakes up in the morning and goes to the phone and checks if there are any messages. He hears the message from Kyle. What nerve has this moron got, to say that he needs to see me? After what he did with Liz? Fuming, Max picks up the phone and calls Kyle. "What the hell do you want?"
"Listen, Max. I don't enjoy your company any more than you do mine, but I saw something yesterday. Something... Czechoslovakian, as the girls say."
"What?"
"Just come over to the CrashDown, and I'll tell you. I can't risk being overheard."
"Why the hell would I do anything you say?"
"Evans, you damn martians have come here and turned our lives upside down, and I wanna make sure that we are safe. What I saw could mean something bad. You have to listen to me!"
"Why don't you talk to Tess, then? Why me?"
"Tess is involved in this thing. Speaking of Tess, here she comes. I gotta go now. Come over to the CrashDown as soon as possible." Kyle slams the phone down.

Max makes his way into the CrashDown and sees Kyle sitting silently at a booth. Max goes and sits down.
"Okay, so make it quick. I wanna know everything, and then I'm out of here. I don't have time to dwell around dumb jocks." Max tells Kyle. Kyle ignores the comment and starts to tell everything he saw. Yet, Max seems to look at him with a suspicious eye. Kyle knew that he couldn't actually blame Max for not trusting him. Damn it, Evans! Why the hell did she choose me to stage this act with? I need you to fucking listen to me! He curses silently. Though Max looks as if he was ready to blow Kyle apart within seconds, Kyle knows the fact that he's listening intently.
"How were you so sure that it wasn't Michael?" Max asks when Kyle explains the bit about seeing a shapeshifter.
"I dunno how, exactly, but I kinda sensed it. But I was proved right."
"How?"
"He screamed at Tess and blasted me."
"What the hell are you talking about? If an alien blasted you, you wouldn't be here. You'd be in the hospital at least."
"Calm down, alright? You may be looking forward to kill me, but you gotta keep your voice low when you talk of thse things!" Kyle hissed. "I'll explain what happened. Tess saved me by sending another blast onto the way of the shifter's blast quickly, neutralizing them. Luckily for me, she had great reflexes. But here comes the next most interesting part." Kyle sounded something like excited.
"Just get on with it." Max growled.
"Okay, fine. Then Tess tried to warp me."
"What do you mean tried? She failed?"
"Well, as she was warping me, I felt what she was trying to make me think. I suddenly understood that I could block the warp. As surprising as it may sound, I could block it."
"What?"
"I could sense her mind warp as soon as it hit me. And I could also block it. All I had to do was concentrate on what I had to remember, and poof, her mind warp was inaffective against me."
Max opens his mouth, about to say that they'll discuss it later as they had to get to school, but remains still as he sees a teary eyed Liz coming towards him. He could feel the love she had towards him, radiating from her sorrowful eyes. Liz comes straight to Max, her bottom lip quivering. Kyle, who had understood that he shouldn't be there at the time, leaves quietly. As Max looks back into Liz's eyes, she broke down completely in sobs. Max quickly pulls her into his arms.
"Max, I'm so sorry for making you go through this. I'll tell you everything now. Please forgive me."
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L, CC, MATURE] The World Shall Not End : Ch 4B (May 24)

Post by StarJet »

Thanks for the comments keepsmiling7, begonia9508, L-J-L 76 and Timelord31! :D

Author's note I'm still pretty much sick. :( So, for a little while, the updates might be slow, but I'll try to post everything I write. :)

Update V1.05 -A
============

"Oh, Liz, I'm so sorry for doubting you. I should've had faith in us." Max is saying to Liz once she has explained the future situation.
"No, Max. Don't say that. It's not your fault. If it's anyone's fault, then it's mine. I should've been able to detect that he was an imposter."
"Liz, you know very well that time travel is not possible, right?"
"I know. It is that... he just... just... felt like you! I'm sorry for doing that. But I never actually... did it with Kyle. It was just a trick."
"I know, Liz. I know."
"You know?"
"Yeah, at the CrashDown, I got a flash from you. You were telling Kyle that undergarments should stay on. That's when I realized. I thought you were trying to make me follow my stupid destiny or something."
"I saw Kyle talking to you before, I just also want to say that you shouldn't be angry with him. He didn't do anything."
"It was so hard to be not angry with him, Liz. After what happened. I know that it was a trick, but I... I... I'm sorry."
"It's alright, Max. It's not your fault. It's all the fault of... that... that... What was that, Max? Another shapeshifter? What shall we do? I'm scared."
"It could be a shifter. I don't think Michael would go to talk to Tess in the middle of the night." Max explains all that Kyle told him.
"Oh, my god! Something's gonna go terribly wrong! I feel it! No, no!" Liz is hysterical. Max holds her tightly in his arms and pulls her into a loving kiss. "Don't worry, Liz. I'll protect you from anything" Even with my life. He thought.

6.00 pm, at the pod chamber. Everyone is there. Liz, Maria, Alex, Kyle and all the aliens. Oh, well, all the aliens except Tess. Max wraps his arm around Liz protectively. Seeing his protective expression, she gives him a quick kiss and a loving smile, just to have them returned, just the way she wanted.
"Looks like you guys have got the message. Now that all are here, let's begin this meeting." Max breaks the silence.
"Uh, where's Tess?" Michael asks.
"You wouldn't want someone who works with a shapeshifter who looks like you to be here, would you?" Max replies.
"Maxwell, I didn't get one damn word of what you said."
"You didn't go to meet Tess at her place recently, right?"
"MICHAEL GUERIN, WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?" Came Maria's loud voice.
"What the hell? Why would I go to her place? What's going on, Maxwell?"
"Calm down, Maria. He wasn't there. Jeez, you're so hyper." Max suppresses a chuckle. "Kyle, would you like to enlighten the others about what you saw?"
"Sure thing." Kyle is half shocked at how Max is now treating him civilly. And seeing how he's hugging Liz to his side, it seems to him that Liz has spilled the beans. Now that's a good thing, isn't it? Kyle walks over to the front, and starts to explain what he saw. By the time he ends, he sees four faces, with mouths hanging open, staring at him.
"DAMN IT! WHY ME?" Michael is seething. No bitch-headed shapeshifter is allowed to look like me to deceive anyone! He thought.
"Calm down, Spaceboy." Maria comes and stands next to him. Then, turning to Liz, she says "What if this shifter is what you... you know, we talked about?"
"What?" Max interrupts.
"Oh, it's alright, Maria. You can say it. I told Max about it." Liz says and breathes a sigh of relief. "Can you explain it to the others? I just... just don't want to go over it again." Maria explains the future Max incident to the others. Sure enough, few more gaping mouths are seen by the end.
"What? Time travel? Way to go, Miss Scientist!" Michael snorts. "You couldn't get that that was a false play of some sort? Shame you couldn't recognize Max." Liz looks quite close to tears and runs out of the chamber.
"You leave her alone, Michael. She's gone through enough!" Max shouts at Michael and runs after Liz, pulling her into his arms as soon as he nears her.
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L CC MATURE] The World Shall Not End (CH5A) (P3) (May 29)

Post by StarJet »

I'm feeling a little better now. A pretty funny thing happened to me today, anyway. A friend of mine gave me a DVD called "Dragon Wars". I was watching it, and there was this pretty familiar guy in it. I actually couldn't recognize him for a pretty long time. :lol: I guess girls (especially the loads of them coming here) would know who it is. As a guy, me not recognizing him should be normal, I think. ;)

Thanks for the comments L-J-L 76, keepsmiling7 and roswell4life. :)
I also hated the fact that Max and Liz never got together in season 2. I was actually pretty much repulsed by the whole "time travel" :roll: thing. Maybe it'll be possible to travel back in time in another 1000 years or something, but I can bet my own head on the fact that the past cannot be changed.

Here's the rest of chapter 5. :D

Back inside the pod chamber, Michael attempts to call Max back. "Maxwell!" Is this the time to play lovesick puppy? His thoughts are broken by a slap to the back of his head by Maria. "You are such an insensitive moron at times, Michael. Just leave them alone."
"There are more important things to do here. We have to think about how to find out who the shapeshifter is, and more importantly... VALENTI!"
"What the hell, man? You don't have to scream your head off." Kyle walks over.
"Explain this thing to me. You said Tess was warping you, but you knew that she did and you knew the proper incident as well. How is that?"
"That is one thing I probably won't be able to explain. I just knew she was warping me. It was like a sixth sense. I felt like someone was invading my mind. Then I also understood that Tess was trying to make me forget what I saw. On concentrating a bit, I found out I could like block the warp. But I'm positive she didn't realize it. She thought her warp was successful."
"That's pretty weird, you know. We can't do anything like that."
"Maybe it's something only we humans can do." Kyle shrugs with a smirk.
"But others can't do it, right?" Michael counters.
"Well, I dunno, others haven't been warped. But oddly, it doesn't feel human at all." Kyle says, confused.

Outside in the desert, Max is hugging Liz tightly to his body. Silent tears are coming down her cheeks. "Shh, Liz, don't cry." Max presses his cheek against hers, in an attempt to somehow comfort her.
"I'm so sorry for not realizing, Max. I really am."
"It's okay, Liz. You did what you thought was the right thing."
"How could it have been the right thing? Pushing you towards that bitch is far from the right thing. The others are also blaming me for not realizing it."
"No one is blaming you, Liz."
"You heard what Michael said. They're all shocked that I couldn't recognize you. Can you ever forgive me, Max?" Liz breaks down into more tears.
"Why would I have to forgive you, Liz? You never did anything wrong. I'm the one who didn't have faith in us. I'm sorry, Liz. I don't care about what Michael or anyone else thinks. All that matters now is you. Do you know how happy I am to have you with me again? Please don't take that happiness away from me by crying. It breaks my heart to see you cry." Max cups her face, and looks deep into her dark eyes. She quickly pulls him into a tender yet passionate kiss. Max realizes how much he missed her kisses.
God, how I missed you, Liz. I'll never let you go. Never. I love you. "I love you, Liz." He breaks apart and voices his last thought aloud. "I love you too, Max. I'll never leave you like this again. I'll always love you." She replies and pulls him into another kiss. They break apart, and see Kyle headed towards them. Max moves towards Kyle.
"Kyle, I gotta thank you."
"Huh? For what?" Kyle asks in surprise. His highness the-girlfriend-stealer thanking me? Damn, he's gone nuts.
"For supporting Liz, and also not taking advantage of her. You're a good friend to her." Max slaps his back, making Kyle look around stunned. Just then, Kyle feels it.
"Evans, Tess is here! She's beginning to warp us." He closes his eyes and concentrates. A shield just like Max's, but amber in colour, pops up in front of them. Suddenly, the image of a shocked Tess appears outside the shield. Kyle relaxes and the shield disappears. Tess looks at Kyle, obviously stunned by what Kyle could do.
Max hurls an energy surge at Tess, knocking her out. "She's knocked out for now. Let's take her inside. Time to get some answers from a bitch."

Some distance away, Rath is watching the whole thing through his enhanced vision. Damn, that bitch knows howta get'er self in trouble. Gotta call Ed. He picks up his phone.
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L CC MATURE] The World Shall Not End (CH5B) (P3) (May 29)

Post by StarJet »

Sorry for posting late. Here's chapter 6.
Thanks for the comments. :D

Psst... Tess will die a little later, okay? ;)

Update V1.06
============

Max and Kyle are bringing a passed out Tess into the pod chamber, with Liz following them. As they lay her unconscious body near the pods, they see everyone's eyes turned towards them, asking for an explanation.
"Maxwell, what the hell is going on?" Michael blurts out.
"Tess was hiding outside all the time. She was warping us so that we wouldn't see her. Kyle's shield sure is handy."
"Kyle's WHAT?"
"Kyle's shield. A kinda mind shield like thing. He can block mind warps with it. Care to show it to Michael?" Max asked with a smirk, knowing how well Kyle likes to show off.
"Hey, I don't give free shows!" Kyle looks at him in mock indignation and then moves over, grimacing. He concentrated for a few seconds, and a feeble amber shield showed up and then vanished. "What the? I can't do it properly now." Kyle groaned. But that was enough for Michael's mouth to hang open. "That thing blocks warps? How the hell are you able to do that?"
"I really have no idea. I still am shocked by it, but I just can do it." Kyle replies. Sure enough, he too seems perplexed. Michael rolls his eyes. "Whatever. So, Maxwell, what do we do to her?" He points at the unconcsious form of Tess.
"We have to make sure that she can't escape, and then we wake her and question her." Comes Liz's voice. "You guys can make sure she doesn't escape, right?"
"Make sure who can't escape?" A voice erupts from the entrance to the chamber. All heads turn to the source, to see the balding form of Ed Harding walking towards them, his hand outstrectched towards Tess' passed out body. Max steps forward, projecting his shield.
"Who are you?" He demands.
"Ah, can you not recognize me? Surely, after what I did to save you from the FBI, you would remember me?" He says in a mock hurt voice and attempts to revive Tess but Max blocks him. "You're not Nasedo. He's dead. Who the hell are you?"
"Hahaha!!! Quite the comedian, aren't you, Max? Well, I've got news for you. I ain't dead, kid. You really didn't think that some lame skins can kill me, did you? Now step away so that I can revive her."
"I won't step away. We want to know what's going on. If you really are Nasedo, then you're involved in this too. What the hell have you been doing? You said you were our protector. But now, it's apparent that you're just Tess' protector."
"It is true that I'm you're protector. But it is also in my job to make sure that you embrace your destiny."
"Don't say that damn word in front of me! I'm sick of it. I almost lost Liz because of it. And I won't lose her again." He puts his arm protectively around Liz and she presses herself closer to him.
"You fool, don't you understand? A whole planet depends on you, and you, as their king, have a responsibility to ensure they get what they need. And here you are, acting like a teenager."
"I am a teenager, not a king. And even if I was king, what has that got to do with me being with Liz? Why do you always have to try to set me up with Tess? Don't you get it? I'm not interested in her. If it's your job to make sure that I embrace my destiny, then keep this in mind, Tess is definitely NOT my destiny!" Max lashes out angrily.
"Well, well, your highness," Nasedo makes an emphasis on the last word. "I would've dealt with you later, but I must rescue Tess. So, I'm telling you once again. Move aside."
"Make me."
Nasedo hurls an energy surge at Max, which he deflects with his shield. "Impressive." Nasedo mocks. He suddenely sends out a surge of energy at Liz, and Max quickly jumps to the side and deflects it again. Michael and Isabel too join the fight and try to blast Nasedo while the shocked humans try to escape. Seeing them, Nasedo quickly deflects one o Max's own blasts to them and it hits Alex squarely on his back. He groans and collapses.
"ALEX, NOOOOOO!!!" Isabel screams and runs to him. "Max, heal him!"
"There is nothing to worry, he will live, even if barely. I'm just showing you what can happen when you don't accept who you are. You really didn't think I would try to kill any of the royal four, did you? But rest assured, I will do anything in my power to do my job. That is to guide you to your destiny." While Nasedo is droning on, Michael catches him off guard and blasts him. The whole room is lit, just like when he blasted Pierce. This time, no one is left to doubt the fact that Edward Harding, also known as Nasedo, is gone for good.
The shock that spread around the room awakes Tess. She tries to get up, but Max and Isabel raise their hands threateningly. "Michael, make sure she doesn't get away" Max tells Michael and lowers to inspect Alex who is now resting his head on Isabel's lap. Maria and Liz are looking down at him with concern and Isabel's eyes are filled with unshed tears.
"Oh, god, Alex, I thought I lost you" Isabel breaks down and kisses his lips fiercely, while her tears pour down her cheeks onto his face.
"I'm okay, Isabel" He replies groggily once she breaks away.
"Shh, don't talk, you have to rest. Max, give me the keys to the Jeep, I have to take Alex home."
Max looks a little shocked by Isabel's concern, but complies.
"What are you going to tell his parents?"
"Do I have to tell them anything?"
"Well, they're bound to ask why their son is um... a bit off colour."
"I'll say he fell or something, seeing as his clothes are dirty anyway." She helps Alex to his feet and gently leads him out of the chamber.
"Uh, I'm going with them to see if he's okay. I don't really want to hang around here anyway." Maria says with a distasteful look at Michael. "Liz, see you later, babe." Michael looks at Maria with an unreadable expression on his face as she leaves.
Max, Liz and Kyle turn to Nasedo's dead body as Michael keeps watch over Tess.
Last edited by StarJet on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L CC MATURE] The World Shall Not End (CH6) (P4) (Jun 6)

Post by StarJet »

Thanks for the feedback, people. They give me a reason to keep writing. :)

Here's the next part.

Author's note This part could be a bit violent. ;)

Update V1.07
============

It's quite evident that Nasedo is dead this time. He lies there, still as a rock. Max bends and examines his condition by sending his glowing hand over the still body.
"He's dead, alright." Max declares and Tess screams at him "Noooo!! How could you? He was our protector!"
"Yeah, right. He was one hell of a protector." He snarls. Tess attempts to move and Michael once again moves his hand threateningly while he readies himself for a surge.
"Stay where you are, Tess. We want some answers."
"Yeah, what the hell were you doing with a shapeshifter?" Kyle pipes up.
"What... what are you talking about, Kyle?" Tess asks in her best surprised person impression.
"Yeah, right. Like you don't know." Kyle snorts.
Michael suddenly remembers something, and he talks to Max. "Hey, Maxwell, care to join me outside? Gotta tell you something rather important."
"Can't you say it here?"
"Better if we just go outside."
"Liz, can you wait here?" Max asks Liz, who is visibly shaken by the evening's events.
"Are you crazy, Max? Tess will warp us and get out of here."
"Kyle can handle that, don't worry. We'll just be outside, so if she tries to attack you and get out, we'll deal with her."
"Come back inside soon, okay?" Max gives her a smile and lowers himself to capture her lips in his gently. "Sure." He goes out of the chamber with Michael.
Liz glares at Tess. "What did you do? We thought Nasedo died. Was it a mindwarp of yours?" She spits out angrily.
"I did what I knew was right. I could get Max to be with me easily when he thought there was no one to protect me. I stand by the fact that I did the right thing. Me and Max are meant to be together. It's our destiny. Why don't you understand that and leave us alone?"
"Don't you dare talk about the right thing. You tried your best to get Max away from me. You and your stupid destiny. Go and fuck destiny!"
Kyle looks at Liz with a shocked expression. "Holy shit! Since when did you start swearing, Liz?"
"Shut up, Kyle. It's not funny." She glared at Tess once again. "I want some answers, bitch. And don't even think of warping your way out, because I know you can't do it right now."
Tess looks at Liz in shock wondering how she knows that. It is apparent that Tess hasn't realized that it's Kyle blocking her warps.
"You can keep on blocking for some more time, right Kyle?"
"Yeah, I think so." Kyle replies with a nod.
"What are you talking about?" Tess asks confused.
"None of your business." Liz snarls. "Was that future Max thing also a mindwarp?"
"What are you saying? Who is future Max?"
"Cut the crap, Tess! I'm sure you're involved in it. God! Why do you have to try so hard to take Max away from me? He's not interested in you, okay? I love him and he loves me."
Tess snorts. "I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but I'll get Max to be interested in me. He won't give a damn about your love once I'm done with him. Don't doubt that."
Liz flies into a rage and bangs Tess' head hard on the chamber's rock wall, taking her by surprise, and thus not giving her a chance to power up for a blast. Tess screams in pain as Liz bangs her head on the wall again. Kyle jumps forward and restrains her.
"Liz, stop! Are you trying to kill her? She might be a bitch, but control yourself, okay?" Kyle steps forward to check on Tess as Liz looks at her in horror with her palms slapped over her mouth. Oh, my god! Did I do that? What came onto me?
Kyle bends over Tess and picks her up as she writhes in pain, clutching her head. He touches the back of her head and feels her blood on his hand. "K-k-ky-yle, get M-max." She passes out in his arms.
"Liz, go call Max."

Meanwhile, Max and Michael are talking outside the chamber.
"So, Michael, what did you wanna talk about?"
"It's about uh... Courtney. I didn't want to talk about her when Liz was there. You know, I don't want Maria to freak out anymore."
"So, what about her?"
"She's a skin."
"She's a WHAT?"
"A skin, like Whitaker."
"How did you find out?"
"Remember how she was trying to get me in her pants?"
"And?"
"And I used that to my advantage to creep into her house. I snooped around her room while she was taking a shower and I found out loads of skin lotion in her drawers."
"That doesn't mean she's a skin, Michael."
"Damn it, would you just listen?"
"Alright, alright. Carry on."
"So, this is when things got complicated. Maria pops in, with the same intentions as mine. To um... investigate Courtney. She comes and I just tell her to go away, and then BANG! Courtney comes out in a towel and Maria freaks out. She really made me feel like shit that day. I still feel like shit. She thought I was cheating on her." Michael groans.
"Oh, maybe I could get Liz to explain the situation to her?"
"NO! No, you don't need to anything like that. That's precisely why I didn't wanna talk in front of Liz about this. Anyway, once Maria bit my head off and left, Courtney started cuddling against me and suddenly started kissing me. I grabbed her sides hard, and part of her skin came peeling off."
"Crap. We're getting problems on top of more problems."
Max turns around just in time to see Liz running at him, horror stricken.
"Max! You gotta come in. I... I..." She sobs.
"What's wrong, Liz?" Max asks, shocked at her emotional state.
"I kinda... attacked Tess and she's passed out." Liz clings to Max, sobbing. She is quite shocked from what she herself did, seeing as she never was a violent person.
"You what?"
"Just come in, Max. You gotta heal her."
Max runs into the chamber behind Liz, followed by Michael, and spots Tess squirming in pain in Kyle's lap. His shirt has a rather large patch of her blood.
"Hurry, Max. She's lost some blood." Kyle urges him.
Max kneels next to Tess and sends his glowing hand over her wound, attempting to heal her. To much of Max's dismay, he is hit with a series of flashes of her childhood with Ed Harding, and then of the fantasies she's been having about Max himself. Appalled, he stops halfway. What he doesn't know is that Tess got flashes of his good times with Liz. Tess seems to have regained a bit of her power, though Max stopped the healing when he got the fantasy flashes.
"You bitch! You've taken everything I've ever wanted." Tess screams and hurls a blast at Liz.
Max musters all his remaining energy to shield Liz. The blast is deflected and it hurls itself back at Tess. It strikes Tess square in the chest and she's once again thrown against the wall. All his energy spent, Max passes out. The last thing he sees is Kyle staring at Tess' lifeless eyes in horror.
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: [M/L CC MATURE] The World Shall Not End (CH7) (P4) (Jun 7)

Post by StarJet »

Thanks for the comments uw51, begonia9508, keepsmiling7, Natalie36, and Timelord31.

Author's note I have no idea why I've been writing this story in the present tense. It kinda sucks, so I'm switching to the past tense from here. ;)
And updates might slow down, as school has started. :( But I'll give at least one update per week. :)

Chapter 8
=========

Max woke up, feeling a little dazed. Where the hell am I? He thought as he struggled to get up. As his vision cleared, he realized that he was in the pod chamber. Bit by bit, he began to remember what happened. Seeing Liz come inside, he called her.
"Liz..." Hearing his voice, she swiftly ran over to him.
"Oh, my god! You're awake!" She squealed, hugging him and kissing his face all over.
"Liz... I'm-" Max tried to talk, but was soon cut off.
"Don't talk." She pressed her lips to his, kissing him eagerly. "I. Was. Worried. So. Much." She whispered between kisses. Her tongue swept wildly over his lips. Feeling his lips part a little, she forced her way in and pulled his tongue into her own mouth, sucking on it like her lifeline. She sank her teeth gently into his tongue, relishing his taste, and finally released him, with an intense look on her face. She smiled meekly at him, and his face broke into a wide grin.
"Max, you were out cold for three hours. You wouldn't move an inch. It was like your body had frozen or... or hibernated or something. I was so worried. Are you feeling okay?"
"Calm down, Liz. I'm okay. Where are the others?"
"Um... Michael managed to fit Tess and Nasedo's bodies into two pods. They went home. As you were rigid as a rock, we couldn't move you, so I stayed here with you and urged them to go home." At her words, a sense of guilt washed over him. "Shit, I really did kill her, didn't I?"
"You couldn't have helped it Max. After all, you were there to help her, and she decided to attack me. You were only trying to protect me." She comforted him. Her soothing voice always made things right for him. He looked at her and gave a weak smile.
"So what about our parents? It must be pretty late now."
"It's 9.30 now. As far as they know, I'm over at Maria's and you're over at Michael's." She grinned at him, and lunged at him again, pressing her lips onto his. Their kiss grew deeper and deeper as she once again lovingly sucked on his tongue. She broke the kiss and started licking his neck, ignoring his husky groans of "Liiiz... stop, I-I'm... sweaty". She tore his shirt off and threw it into the depths of the chamber, placing heated kisses all over his upper body.
"Liiz... We... got... to stop!" Max groaned, and she immediately bit his nipple hard.
"Ow! What was that for?"
"Don't you dare tell me to stop!" She screamed at him and went back to kissing and licking his chest.
Hearing her demanding voice was all it took for Max to lose control. He quickly pulled her from his body and ripped her blouse and bra apart in one fluid motion, revealing her gorgeous breasts. Their bodies ground into each other's as their mouths crushed together.
"Make love to me, Max." Liz whispered in his ear.
"Are you... are you sure about this?" Max asked, mildly shocked.
"Never been more sure about anything." She replied, nibbling his ear, and that's all it took for Max to begin ravaging her, attacking her breasts.
"Maaax..." She groaned.

==========

Somewhere in New York, Ava jerked awake.
"Zan... Ya there?"
"Yeah, I'm jus' over here. Somethin' wrong, Aves?"
"I-I don' feel so good. Ma head is spinnin'. Hold me, Zan." She passed out and fell limply into his arms. Zan felt their mental connection closing down.
"Ava, Ava! Holy shit. Whadda hell is goin' on?" Zan put his palms on the sides of her head, and they glowed brightly as he tried to wake her. Her eyes opened, and Zan's eyes grew wide as he saw her eyes change, the dazzling blue becoming a stunning green. Bit by bit, her appearance changed, and he released her. Her piercings disappeared, and her blonde curly hair became jet black straight hair.
"Z-z-aan... I-I c-can't... breathe! It's l-l-like so...meth-thing's wrong-g w-wi...th my lungs." She whispered hoarsely. Zan quickly placed his hands over her chest and poured out all his energy to heal her. Slowly, her breathing calmed, and she looked at Zan, who was equally tired, through her green eyes and saw the confusion written across his face.
"Zan?" She called him meekly and immediately noted that her voice had changed too. "Are you okay?" Her New York accent, too, had vanished.
"Wh-ho the hell are ya? What didya do to Ava?" He staggered back, putting up his shield. "Zan, I am Ava. Only my appearance has changed. Can't you recognize me?"
"I though' you was Ava until I got weird flashes from ya. How d'ya explain that?"
"Zan, look at me. Look into my eyes. I'm Ava. Your Ava."
Zan looked into her green eyes, and felt their connection reopen. He quickly realized that though she looked different, she was still Ava on the inside. His thoughts were confirmed when her lips closed around his, hungrily. As their kiss deepened, Zan was filled with another dose of those flashes.
FLASH
//Someone who looks just like him kissing a brown haired girl, while someone who looks just like what Ava did moments before looking on with pure hatred and jealousy.
//Her fantasies about his look-alike.
//"I'll get Max to be interested in me. He won't give a damn about your love once I'm done with him. Don't doubt that."
END FLASH
The flashes ended as Ava broke away slowly.
"Were they the... the other set?" Zan asked her.
"Yeah. They are. And I've got the other Ava's memories. Her name's Tess. She died a few minutes ago. I think that's what caused my change."
"So... so ya know where they at?"
"Yeah. Roswell, New Mexico. And the worst part is, that's where Lonnie and Rath are. They've been working with Tess, helping her to get Max so that they could use the Granilith to go home."
"Shit. Wait. Who's Max?"
"Oh, the other Zan."
"Uh, so like in the flashes, he's wit a human?"
"Yes. Those flashes are Tess' memories. She didn't meet Max for a long time, and by the time she did, he had already fallen in love with a human girl, Liz."
"Oh, so how'd she die?"
"The last bits of her memories are blurry. But I'm pretty sure she was killed by her own blast. I think it was deflected by a shield or something. Anyway, we have time to discuss this stuf tomorrow. Lets get onto better stuff." She lunged at him.
"Gotta tell ya one thing, Aves. You're hotter than you were." Zan growled mischievously as he tore her clothes apart.
"Men! All they can think of is sex!" Ava huffed.
"'Neway, I gotta ask ya one thin'. Why d'ya think your looks changed?"
"I'm not really sure, but I think this is how I looked like, back on Antar."

TBC