Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 15 12/13/10 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 11 01.27.09 Pg15

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Thank you so much for the great reviews. I'm not sure when I'll have the next part out, but maybe it won't take as long as it did for this one. Thanks also goes to burningchaos for getting this back to me so quickly.

Part 11

Max, Isabel, and Kyle were sitting at their usual booth while Michael and Maria finished up after the last customers had left, waiting for the group who had scheduled the meeting to begin with.

Max was stewing over the new development with Liz and two of the strangers. Hopefully, the meeting would clarify some questions drifting to the forefront of his mind. What did Liz mean when she said she was Chase’s sister, who had only been in town for the last couple of weeks? Were the strangers enemies or allies? What powers did they have and how did they come by them??

He feared for his family…Isabel, Michael, Kyle, Maria, Liz. Were they in danger because of the new-comers or because of him? Did he have the power to protect them?

Kyle, on the other hand, was wondering what Chase was going to do to the three that were on his hit list—Max, Isabel, and Maria. Max and Maria, since Alex’s death, had been taking things to the extreme, but Isabel…something was definitely off about her lately.

Michael and Maria were just finishing up for the night when six figures entered two at a time, looking ominous and deadly.

“You’re late,” Max stated, not realizing how rude it sounded to the new group.

“We ran into some trouble we had to take care of,” Chase glared at the ‘would be’ king, “when it was supposed to be your job, but what do we find when we got here? One person working, and two people sitting on their ass instead of protecting their territory.”

“It’s a wonder you survived as long as you have,” Elder Parry accused, “surrounded by enemies.”

“That’s enough!” Caleb ordered, forcing his companions into silence. “We are not here for this; we are here to help and guide them. We’ll start with our story, and then let Chase tell his.”

As soon as everyone was seated around the restaurant, he began to explain about the Covenant, their powers, the addiction, and the aging. When he explained the black eyes, Max spoke up and stated Nasedo had the same eyes, causing the occupants of the room to contemplate the possibilities.

“We might be more alike than we first thought,” Caleb stated after much consideration.

“But what about the age limitation? What age did your powers start manifesting?” Pogue asked, ideas and strategies flowing through his mind.

“We’ve always had them,” Michael answered. “Max and Isabel have had more control than me, but ever since we were “hatched” we’ve been able to do things.”

“Our powers are essentially human. We just have access to more brain capacity than the average human,” Max clarified, causing more thought to pass through Pogue’s brain.

“Perhaps the Antarians…” Pogue paused, wanting to get the correct information and with a nod from the others continued, “had prior knowledge of our ancestry and used that knowledge to create you, but that doesn’t explain how they received that information. We’ve always kept the code of silence.”

“Yes, but if they found out before the Covenant was formed…say when the families were still located in Europe. That would explain why the families moved to the New World to begin with.”

“We have much to consider, but Chase,” Caleb addressed, “I believe it’s time for your story.”

Chase took a deep, steadying breath before starting. “I was born Chase Goodwin Pope, born to a bastard of a father and, I like to think, a loving mother. I was adopted by a man and woman who just wanted a child for society reasons. Someone they could say was their loving child and then turn around and abuse, maybe not physically but psychologically. After my adoption, I was known as Chase Collins until I changed my name, which was recently.

“As the age of eighteen, Mr. and Mrs. Collins were killed in a car accident,” Chase paused, sharing knowing looks with his brothers, not wanting the others to find out his part in the accident just yet. “I decided to use my inheritance to find anything I could about my birth parents. My mother was the first I found. She had died the day after I was adopted, which made me suspicious. It turned out Mr. Collins left behind some rather incriminating documents in his study about hiring someone to “take care” of a problem concerning their new child. Apparently, the Collins’ didn’t want anyone to cause trouble toward their new social standing.

“I found my father about a month later, living, if you can call it that, in a nursing home of upstate New York. He had enough strength to divulge some much needed information to me about what was happening. I realized what had happened to him and didn’t want that for myself, but I was already addicted. I thought if I had more power, I wouldn’t have to worry about aging. I ended up transferring to Ipswich in order to get close to Caleb and the others.

“Let’s just say, that didn’t end well. Caleb and I were in battle when he sent a blast of energy through me, but somehow, it didn’t kill me. Instead it sent me here, to my sister. She helped me realize what I was doing with my life and helped me overcome my addiction. I still have problems sometimes, but overall, she’s been my saving grace and showed me there are more important things than power.”

“Okay, let me get this straight,” Maria exclaimed. “You were their enemy, and now you’re not because of Liz?” A hint of anger and perhaps jealousy could be recognized in her voice.

“Yes,” stated Elder Simms. “There is a definite difference from him now than when we sensed his aura in Ipswich.”

“But you’ve killed before,” Max stated. “So you were able to overcome the demons of your past in order to live a better life.”

“I know what you’re thinking, and I’m not sure if Tess can overcome her demons or not,” Pogue spoke up after realizing Max’s train of thought. “Tess needs to have a will to change. Chase wanted to change after he met Liz because he wanted to be good for her.”

“Forget about Tess,” Maria yelled, having become beyond angry now and looked toward Max and Isabel, knowing she would get no support from Michael and Kyle. “Liz lied to us. She kept a sec ret that could have ended horribly and still can. She needs to be dealt with.”

“Dealt with?” Caleb asked, deadly calm coming from him as he stood and took a step toward the blond, Chase not too far behind him.

“She knew nothing that would damage your peaceful existence.” Chase said, stepping beside Caleb. “She just found out she had been lied to her whole life and had a brother she never knew about. Frankly, it’s none of your business. If she trusted you, she would have told you the truth.”

“I’m her best friend. Of course, she trusts me.”

“Really? How come she told Michael and Kyle and not you?” Chase said, looking toward the two mentioned apologetically, as Maria turned and stared them down with betrayal in her eyes.

Maria was about to say something, but was interrupted by Pogue, drawing all eyes to him. “Something has happened.”

“What is it?” Caleb asked his second in command.

A crash filled the room as a figure fell to its knees on top of the broken glass from the front door. The figure had various cuts and burns throughout its body.

“We were attacked,” Reid’s voice hoarsely filled the room, causing Elder Garwin and Caleb to kneel beside the fallen boy. “Liz decided it would be best if we were at the meeting as well. We were on our way here when we were attacked.

“It wasn’t even in an alley. It was where everyone could see,” Reid rambled on, trying to voice his thoughts along with the event. “There were at least twenty soldiers, and their commander said he was taking Nicholas’s place as right-hand man to Khivar. He said his name was Thomas, and I swear he looked just like that Nicholas guy.”

“Where are Liz and Tyler?” Chase asked, worried for his sister.

“They were taken,” Reid answered, tears running down his cheeks. “I tried to fight them, to get them free, and the next thing I know I’m standing in the middle of the street alone.”

“I’ll kill every single one of them for this,” Chase stated, energy rolling off of him.

“If they took them alive, they must want something in return,” Michael reasoned.

“Quick as ever, Guerin,” a voice said from behind Reid.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 12 02.14.09 Pg16

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Thank you for all the great reviews...and here's the next part for you. ;)

Part 12

A groan filled the semi-dark room, shattering the silence as Tyler slowly gained consciousness. He could feel a cold metal table underneath him, the heaviness of the chains biting in to his skin, holding down his wrists and ankles, and the stiff leather straps going across his chest and thighs. His mind was blurring, trying to remember what had happened. Scenes played in his head, him along with Liz and Reid walking down the street, the aliens attacking them from all sides, Liz going down, Reid yelling for them, and then nothing but black.

With a gasp, he whispered the two names he was just thinking about, wondering if they were even still alive. “Liz? Reid?”

He tried using his power to escape his bindings and found him powerless. They must have done something to temporarily bind my power.

As he surveyed the room he was being held in, his eyes landed on another table next to him with a dark-haired woman laying on it, her head facing away from him.

“Liz?” He called her gently, hoping the woman was his angel, but receiving no reaction. “Liz?! Baby, please, you have to wake up.”

“Tyler, you have to be quiet,” a voice he didn’t recognize said.

“Who are you? How did you know my name? Where’s Liz?” Tyler asked, watching the woman turn toward him, revealing a beautiful face hidden by bruises and cuts.

“My name is Serena; I am the protector of the Powers. I am also the one who warned Elizabeth about the coming war, and what the reward would be for the Covenant for fighting,” she paused as Tyler gasped at the revelation.

“If you are so powerful to be the protector of the Powers, how did Khivar and his goons capture you?” Tyler asked in disbelief, wondering what this woman was keeping from him.

“I am here because my superiors thought it was best to place me here with the same compound that is holding the powers at bay in your own body. It is highly irritating, and once I get out of here and the war is over, they will be hearing a formal complaint from me.

“Now, with that out of the way, you wanted to know about Elizabeth. She was taken to a separate holding cell to wait for Khivar. He is currently in a meeting with other leaders of the war, trying to negotiate a compromise.”

“No,” he shook his head in denial. “He’ll kill her!”

“No, he won’t,” she told him, calmly. “Not yet anyways. Let me finish with explanations until you interrupt. I hate being interrupted; it’s rude and not becoming of a Covenant member.

“He’ll use her as well as you as bait for the others. Then, when that is taken care of, he’ll use her to produce an heir for the Antarian throne, one under his control.”

“But he already has an heir,” Tyler said confused, “Max and Tess’s child. Why would he need another, and why Liz?”

“Didn’t I just finish saying no interruptions?” Serena asked sternly, like a mother scolding her wayward child. “Tess had a miscarriage right after she arrived at Antar. The trip was too traumatic for her body to sustain two lives.

“Khivar believes Tess couldn’t carry the heir to full term because she was not the true Queen. He thinks Elizabeth is, and he is correct. When Max healed her, he transferred a part of, if not half, of the royal seal to her.”

“So, she’s stuck as Queen to Max’s King, whether she wants to or not?”

“No, that’s not how it works,” Serena denied. “He’s King and able to choose a Queen other than Elizabeth, but she is second in line for the throne should anything happen to Max, instead of his sister or second in command.”

“Oh, wow. So at the moment, she’s the safest one out of all of us.”

“Yes, we are the ones that need to worry. Khivar doesn’t care if we live or die. Dead people make just as good bait as people still alive as long as the intended party knows nothing about the status of the captured.”

Tyler took a deep breath trying to collect his thoughts and faith in his brothers and friends. “Khivar doesn’t know who he’s messing with, though. My brothers would go to the ends of the earth and back in order to save one of their own, let alone two. He’s going to get his ass handed to him,” Tyler stated, his black eyes staring into Serena’s forest green, conveying his need for violence.

“I believe you, but they have no idea where we are,” she said, wondering if the young man had a plan to get out.

“You are protector of the Powers, and yet you know so little of them.” Tyler mocked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Watch it, Boy. You’re playing with fire mocking me,” she said, forcing her lips straight so the smile stayed concealed.

“Nope, I’m the safe one. Reid’s the one who likes to play with fire,” Tyler teased. “Reid will know where to find us, just as I can feel Liz about a hundred feet from me, now that I’ve relaxed a little.”

“That’s impossible,” Serena gasped. “There has never been a connection formed that strong in such a short amount on time.”

Tyler just smiled at Serena, silently laughing at her disbelieving face. “Our generation has always been different from our predecessors.”

“Well, I hope your brothers find us before Khivar decides if he wants us dead or alive.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Have you found them yet, Reid?” Chase asked, pacing the floor by the blond, the others had called Tess, that had come in earlier.

“Not yet. They’re too far away to pinpoint their exact location, but I know they’re not in Roswell anymore,” Reid confessed. “I feel them this way.” He pointed along Main Street toward Albuquerque.

“Then the only thing we can do is start heading that way,” Caleb ordered, gathering up the bag of clothes Pogue had collected for Tyler and Liz. “Let’s go. We don’t have time to waste.”

“What are you planning?” Isabel asked, worry evident in her voice as she stared at Tess. “You can’t just go off without a plan.”

“We go in, we get them out, and if we come across any enemies, we destroy them.”

“You are never going to find them without my help,” Tess exclaimed.

“If you don’t shut up, I’ll forget I don’t hit girls,” Pogue said from beside Reid.

“You said it yourself,” she addressed Caleb. “You don’t have time to waste. If you listen to me, you’ll find them faster.”

“How do we know you’ll tell us the truth?” Reid asked, fury replacing the worry previously in his eyes. “For all we know, you’ll lead us in the opposite direction that we need to go.”

“We’ll load up and follow our instincts like we’ve always done,” Caleb commented. “It’s kept us alive this long.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Liz woke up alone in a cold room. It reminded her of the hospital room Max had been in last year. It even had the antiseptic smell to it. Where am I?

“Tyler?” She whispered hoping he could hear her.

“Well, the Queen has finally graced us with her presence,” she heard a guy that looked like Nicholas say.

“Nicholas?” She glared at the young man. “We killed you.”

“You killed Nicholas, but my name is Thomas. I am inhabiting this body for the time being until my body comes into maturity at the next harvest.”

“There are no more harvests on the Earth. We took care of that last year.”

Thomas smirked at the confidence radiating from the Queen. “We brought my body with us. Khivar is currently checking over all the bodies for the harvest and will be with you shortly. Until then, I advise you to get all the sleep you can. You’re going to need it.” With that said, Thomas turned and left through the door she assumed he had come in from.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 13 03.29.09 Pg17

Post by vampyrolover86 »

Part 13

Liz could feel the air charge as Khivar strolled into her cold prison, displaying his power.

“My dear, I hope you had enough rest. I would hate for you to be exhausted when Zan comes to rescue you,” he said, smirking at her.

Liz just rolled her eyes at his arrogance. “Max will come, but he’s not the one you need to worry about. You’ve kidnapped two members of the Covenant, the most powerful witches ever born.”

Khivar’s smirk melted into indifference as he was filled with a quiet rage. “My queen, the witches have nothing compared to my powers, and you will soon realize that.”

“My lord,” a small voice whispered from the doorway where a young soldier bowed.

“I told you not to interrupt me. I’m busy with the queen at the moment,” Khivar scolded as the soldier lifted his head enough to get a good look at the beauty in the room.

“Thomas said it was urgent, Sire,” he said fearfully as his lord raised a glowing hand toward him. “He said you would not be angry once you know your plan was beginning.”

“Thomas is right, but you disobeyed me and that must be punished.”

“Khivar, wait,” Liz interrupted, hoping to save the young man’s life. “Spare him, please.”

“And what will you give to me in return?” Khivar looked toward the woman.

“If you win the war, I will come to you willingly,” Liz bargained, shocking the two men into silence. “Spare him.”

“Very well,” Khivar consented lowing his hand to his side and sauntering to the door. “When I win this war you will be mine, but I warn you, I will kill him and the other two prisoners we have if you deceive me.”

After he was out the door, the young soldier turned toward Liz and said, “You shouldn’t have done that, but thank you.”

“What’s your name?” the woman asked as he turned to leave.

“Richard, my queen,” the soldier answered without hesitation and a slight bow.

“Richard, I have a proposition for you,” Liz waited until he nodded before continuing. “I want you and anyone you trust to swear allegiance to me and not Khivar.”

Liz saw the soldier look worriedly toward the open door wondering if anyone was listening to the conversation. “No one is there. We are alone.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“This is it,” Reid stated, anticipation in every bone of his body as he staring at the door of the warehouse waiting for his leader, his brother, to give the order to attack.

“Can you tell where Tyler and Liz are?” Caleb asked, wanting to make sure the other members were still alive.

“They’re alive!” Reid said with conviction, seemingly reading the older boy’s mind. “I would have known if something had happened.”

“Let’s get them out of there then,” Caleb ordered and faced the Covenant to address them formally. “This is war, brothers. Anyone who is not Liz or Tyler or a prisoner will be considered enemies.”

“You sure you want to give that order, Caleb?” Chase asked, worried about the other boy’s conscience, knowing the cold calculation in Caleb’s voice from personal experience.

“Yes,” Caleb responded without hesitation. “They took two of ours and injured another; no one is walking away from this. They declared war with us, and we will finish it!”

The Covenant members all nodded their heads joined by both Michael and Tess while Max and Isabel looked on with disbelief of what they were hearing.

“You’re talking about killing people like it was an everyday thing!” Isabel said shock evident in her voice.

“Isabel,” Michael began softly, “this is war. At this point its kill or be killed. We have to do this; we don’t have a choice.”

“Technically we do,” Tess interrupted as Michael paused to let his family think about the situation. “We can always leave Liz and Tyler in there.”

“How could you even suggest that,” Max yelled, enraged at the very thought.

“It’s true,” Pogue spoke up. “You have a choice. You can either go in there with us and fight or go home and let us take care of this.”

“Either you fight with us or stay out of our way,” Reid said, voice and face turning expressionless.

“I’m with you,” Michael voiced. “Liz is my family, and I’m not leaving her with that madman!”

“I’m in as well,” Tess said, slightly shaking at the emotion she was trying to hold back. “I’ve done some things I’m ashamed of, and I’m not going to add this to that list.”

“Thank you,” Chase told both Michael and Tess, watching Tess with empathy illuminating his eyes, feeling a connection with the woman who had a past as dark as his. “When this is over, Tess, I believe you and I need to talk privately about some things.”

Max looked contemplative for a couple of seconds before speaking up. “Khivar needs to be stopped. His reign has lasted too long, and I will not let my people go through more pain and fear. I’m with you, but Khivar is mine.” He finished for once sounding more like a king than the boy they all knew.

Pride could be seen in Michael and Tess’s eyes; proud of the man Max had become with those simple words.

“Let’s go then,” Caleb said, starting toward the building, the others falling in line behind him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“My queen?” Richard whispered, head bowing in respect.

“Yes, Richard,” Liz said, standing from the chair she had been sitting in, waiting for his return.

“The war has started. Your friends are here, and I’ve got a few soldiers ready to follow you orders,” he reported.

“Thank you. First, we need to get to Tyler. I need to see for myself that he has not been injured.”

“Very well,” he bowed courtly again. “We’ll take you there, but you must stay safe.”

“Let’s go then.” She walked in front of Richard through the door, headed toward the safety of one of her lover’s arms and then on to help her other lover.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Tyler?” Serena whispered. “It’s time to awaken. There is noise coming from outside.”

“My brothers are here, and I feel Liz making her way to us,” Tyler informed, eyes still closed in concentration. Feeling enough power coursing through his veins, he decided to try to release himself from the chains still holding him down.

The two heard a scuffle on the other side of the door before it was opened slowly revealing Liz peering inside the room to determine if another enemy lingered in the semi-dark room.

“Tyler,” she gasped, quickly making her way to his side, releasing him from his binds. She ran her hands over his body, checking for any wounds the aliens could have inflicted, playing no attention to the rest of the room until the other occupant cleared her voice.

“Would anyone mind releasing me?” Serena asked, smiling at the couple. She did not want to interrupt their reunion, but the table, she was strapped to, had become unbearable once freedom was in sight.

“I know that voice,” Liz whispered, her head whipping around to stare openly at the other brunette. “How are you here?”

“It’s a long story, and I’ll tell you once we have time,” Serena said sincerely. “But first, will you get these off me? You can’t imagine how uncomfortable they are.”

“Oh…sorry. I was preoccupied,” Liz apologized sheepishly and freed the other girl.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 14 06.07.09 Pg18

Post by vampyrolover86 »

I just wanted to say I am so sorry it has taken this long to get the new part out of my head and posted. :P But thank you to everyone who has showed interest in this story. And thanks go to Darkmoon and burningchaos for beta-ing this part and getting it back to me so quickly. And now on with the show. ;) Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Part 14

Caleb and Pogue stood back to back surrounded by enemies, both having fun playing with the aliens.

“I don’t think they’re having as much fun as us,” Pogue smirked, staring down a heavy-breathing soldier.

“Why don’t we put them out of their misery then?” Caleb asked, looking toward where Reid and Chase were fighting brutally, taking their anger out on the army for the two missing members. “Finish it; Reid, Chase!”

With rage blazing in his eyes, Reid began to chant before releasing a giant fireball that engulfed all those he was fighting.

Chase decided to continue his group’s suffering by conjuring spiders to destroy them from the inside out until there was nothing left.

Caleb turned his head catching Pogue’s eyes, trying to convey his plan to his second. Pogue nodded slightly, and they both turned facing the enemy once again, hands clasped together both muttering.

The army looked around nervous about what the witches were up to. Fear replaced nervousness as a blue energy surrounded the two, quickly forming a lightning bolt above their heads. They started to flee as the bolt came toward them, piercing their shells and causing them to disintegrate.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Royal Four stood shocked and staring at the scene unfolding before their eyes. All the fear Khivar and his army had caused the last year or so, were put to rest at seeing these four men destroy the enemy, ten at a time.

“Where’s Khivar?” Max asked to no one in particular.

“I haven’t seen him yet,” Michael answered wanting to join in the war but knowing, at this point, he would just be in the way.

Tess turned to speak softly to Isabel and found the space empty where the Princess was previously standing. “The better question is, ‘Where’s Isabel?’”

Max and Michael turned around quickly looking for their missing sister.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The fight had traveled from outside into the make-shift throne room, the enemy diminishing quickly with no sign of Khivar or his closest followers.

“Aww,” a female voice said from behind the fighting. “You started without us.”

“Hey, you were running late,” Reid claimed, relief clearly shining in his eyes as he saw his two lovers. “You know how impatient I am.”

“There is a saying ‘good things come to those who wait’,” Tyler joined in the conversation.

“Yeah, but if you wait too long, it passes you by,” Reid whined good-naturedly.

“In that case, can we join in the fun?” Liz asked a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“Of course. We were just waiting for Thomas and Khivar,” Chase said, walking over to his sister and engulfing her in a bear hug.

“Don’t forget his other followers too,” Caleb mentioned, dispatching a soldier trying to sneak up on them. “Khivar must have had help to destroy Zan and the others.”

“Isabel’s still missing,” Tess spoke up, bringing attention to the aliens.

“I figured that would happen when the fighting started, but I wasn’t expecting you, Tess,” Liz stated as she made her way to the blond and, to the surprise of everyone in the room, hugged her. “I’m glad you’re here.”

Tess had silent tears running down her face at the acceptance and forgiveness Liz was offering. She couldn’t believe after all she had done, that someone would be happy for her return.

“Huh?” Michael asked, not understanding what was conspiring before them.

Tess and Liz both observed the expressions on the faces if their friends and family and burst out with laughter.

After they calmed down, Liz turned to Tess again and winked, “We’ve got a lot to explain when this is all over.”

“So the Queen finally makes an appearance,” a snide remark said causing everyone to stare at the new arrivals.

“And the Princess finally shows her true colors,” Tess fired back, anger coursing through her blood at the second betrayal the woman made.

“There are no true or false colors. We’re aliens; there’s no use in trying to be anything else. We were created to go back to Antar and rule. I just realized it before you, and I chose my king.”

“We’re human too, Iz,” Max tried to reason. “We were genetically engineered by aliens with both alien and human DNA.”

“That’s where you’re wrong. We are not alike. You may have human DNA, but I do not. I purged that part of me a long time ago, with a little help from Nicholas. He showed me what I was missing out on,” Isabel raged, quickly becoming irritated with the implications her so-called brother was sprouting off.

“You see,” Khivar took a step forward and indicated Isabel. “Vilandra has overcome your brainwashing Zan. You no longer have a hold on her. It kind of makes you wonder who is really on your side, doesn’t it?”

All of a sudden Michael turned toward Max with an evil smirk plastered on his face and walked backward toward Isabel and Khivar. “He’s right, Maxwell. You never know who’s loyal to you.”

“Michael?” Max asked, tears quickly gathering in his eyes, but he refused to give Khivar the satisfaction of allowing them to fall.

“You have no one, your majesty,” Khivar smirked. “No family, no friends, no one. You might as well give up now.”

Khivar’s words hit Max like a ton of bricks. Every fear of being deserted was emphasized as the people he had called family and friends all turned their backs to him. Even Liz turned toward Reid and Tyler and began to walk away to leave him alone with the sadistic king of Antar.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Max?” Liz asked, concerned at the blank look he was wearing. “Max? What’s wrong?”

“Liz, he’s in some kind of trance,” Caleb said, recognizing the symptoms after watching them first hand from his father, who would frequently succumb to a trance when he became too deep in a spell.

“Which means Khivar and Thomas are near,” Pogue stated. “I just can’t figure out where they could be.”

“Let’s find out then,” Chase said, creating spiders to scour their surroundings. They began to form a circle around the throne, indicating at least one body. “Looks like they found them.”

“Time to take out the garbage,” Liz gathered fire in her hands.

“Wait Liz,” Tess stopped the brunette just as she was ready to release the energy. “Something’s not right here.”

Tess closed her eyes to distinguish what was really there and what their minds were telling them was there. Her head was saying “enemy,” but her instincts told her “friend.” She concentrated harder, revealing Khivar and Thomas with a dozen more soldiers holding a struggling Isabel.

“They’ve got Isabel,” Tess exclaimed, needing to voice the obvious, as she used her power to break the mind warp so the others could see what she was seeing.

“This changes nothing,” Liz said emotionless, gathering fire in her hand once again.

“You really think so, my Queen?” Khivar asked, walking toward her with a look of concentration and determination.

A fog began to swirl around Liz, clouding her vision and shrouding her view of her friends and family. It also brought about feelings of emptiness and abandonment. She desperately tried to feel for Tyler and Reid, but she was reaching nothing, no feelings, no thoughts.

“Everyone has left you,” Khivar stood in front of her holding out his hand. “Join with me and you will never be alone again. You will always be surrounded by your subjects and never want for nothing. Come to me, Elizabeth.”

Liz reached out to him clasping his hand as the fog cleared. “Not if you were the last person in the universe.” Fire consumed their joined hands, causing a scream to erupt through the air.

Michael and Tess looked on in stunned disbelief as the Covenant members demolished the soldiers holding Isabel and surrounding their leader.

Chase, Caleb, and Pogue had Thomas cornered as Tyler and Reid joined Liz around Khivar. “It’s time for you to feel the pain you inflicted on all your victims times three.”

“That’s our belief, Khivar,” Liz informed their enemy. “Everything you do to others comes back three times. How long you think they’ll last, Chase?”

“They won’t last five minutes,” he smirked, revealing his inner demon.

“I agree,” Caleb stated, eyes going black. “Let’s get started.”

“By the Power of the Covenant and the rule of three times three,” Liz and Caleb’s voices vibrated through the room, onyx eyes shining causing the others to gather their power.

“Show these two the error of their ways,” Tyler and Pogue continued.

“And the pain of their victims, past and present,” Reid and Chase exclaimed.

“By the power of three times three, so mote it be,” all the voices gathered, causing an echo to reverberate through all those present.

Once the echo died down, everyone looked on Khivar and Thomas silently screaming in pain. All too soon they collapsed, their bodies twitching each time they took a breath.

~TBC~
vampyrolover86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Binding Legacy (Cov, XO, UC, Mature) Part 15 12/13/10

Post by vampyrolover86 »

I just wanted to thank everyone who has continued reading this fic, and to my lovely beta darkmoon. Thank you.

Binding Legacy
Part 15

"You have all done well," Serena commented as she glided from the shadows in front of them, "beyond my supervisors' expectations."

“What about these two?” Tyler asked, watching with satisfaction as the ones in question still writhed on the floor.

“From now until their deaths, they will live as humans in a, I believe you call it, “mental institution,” no longer able to recognize their powers; therefore, unable to use them whether for good or evil.”

“You mean you could have done that yourself?” Chase fumed, thinking this had all been a game to her, placing his sister’s life in danger for nothing. “Why the hell did you need us then?”

Serena observed the many looks from the people surrounding her--relief, worry, indifference, but most of all boiling anger. “Please understand, I cannot do what I do not know to do nor do I know what I have not been told. I am sorry. If I had known I would have helped, but without the knowledge I would have just been in the way.”

“I think your bosses need to get off their high horses and learn what it’s like to be human and not have others’ lives in their hands,” Caleb said, trying to hide his frustration and failing miserably.

“Caleb…” Liz abolished, her brain working overtime at all the repercussions his blatant disrespect could incur.

“No, Elizabeth,” Serena calmly stated, trying to alleviate the worry Liz was feeling. “It’s alright. He has a right to state his opinion, and I believe in it whole heartedly. People should be able to decide for themselves what their futures will hold.”

“What will happen to Antar now?” Max asked, drawing all eyes onto him. “All those people…how will they survive?”

“How does any civilization survive?” Serena asked in response to his questions. “They either adapt or die. They will probably need a new leader. Let’s just hope the new one is nothing like Khivar.”

“Is there a way for us to go?” Isabel questioned, a couple of ideas floating through her head of helping the Antarians.

“Think about what you’re saying,” Tess spoke up, worried about the other aliens’ reactions to how Antar. “You don’t know how Antar really is. It’s full of Khivar’s followers through and through. Nicholas and Thomas are gone, but there are others almost as high as them that will take over where Khivar left off.”

“I know there are bad people. There are bad people here too, but there are good people as well. Good people who have probably been tortured or forced to live their lives in fear and desecration. What about the people that are probably in dungeons for not following Khivar or even killed. If we don’t do something, it’s going to continue. I don’t know about you but I couldn’t live with the thought of that.”

Isabel took a much needed breath while looking around at the astonished faces of her peers and family. “What? Look if Serena can tell me that hasn’t been going on or won’t continue, I won’t worry about it.”

All eyes traveled to Serena with askance. “I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I cannot.” She said dejectedly looking at the floor.

Understanding passed through Max’s eyes. “Is there a way for us to get to Antar?”

“Yes, but its dangerous.” Serena warned, knowing what they were about to get themselves into. “And you will be unable to take humans with you. You can survive because you are part of Antarian but that is all.”

“What about Liz?” Max wondered due to her being changed.

“I believe that is her choice to make, Maxwell.” Chase said dangerously low, as if warningly. “You take her against her will and I swear I will hunt you down no matter what planet you’re on, and I guarantee it will be at least three of us coming after you.”

“You miss understand me,” Max back tracked, terrified of the young men in front of him. “I merely asked for curiosity.”

“She would be able to go because she has part of your seal, but I believe she has already made her decision.” Serena observed as Liz leaned into both Tyler and Reid, silently taking comfort and solace.

“I believe you’re right,” Max watched Liz with sadness and joy at seeing Liz happy. “Will we have time to think about it? I don’t want to do anything without thinking it through first.”

“That’s a first,” Reid mumbled to Liz making her giggle and lightly slap his chest while cuddling more into Tyler.

“I can give you a week after that the offer is withdrawn,” Serena stated as she started to disappear. “I will see you in one week. Bye.”

“At least she didn’t drag me into a dream to relay that info,” Liz relieved at the change in events. She was able to begin her life again, with new friends, a brother, and two boyfriends.

“I’ve had enough of this,” Chase’s politeness running its course. “Let’s get the hell out of here and get some rest.”

“You don’t have to be so rude about it,” Isabel said snidely.

“I’m all out of niceties at the moment,” Chase retorted back.

TBC