Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.92 12/22[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.10 12/07/08

Post by paper »

Welcome to my readers!

Janetfl - Thanks again for your inspiring feedback!
By the sounds of it there isn't going to be much left by the time he is finished!!!
This is profoundly prophetic!
I'm wondering (although I don't expect you to tell me) whether you are going to show us what happens when the people find out the rumours of the royal four being alive.
It hasn't come up in what I've written so far. People have more immediate concerns that this is not even a factor.

11 Long Live the Queen

The only true shortcoming in his endeavors was turning out to be that zanderian mission to the foul backwater rock known as Terran, or “Earth” as the locals referred to the dirtball.

He lays the blame of his grief on this hot topic firmly at the feet of the scheming hag that started it all. Upon discovering that the indispensable Granolith could not be located when all the smoke cleared from the takeover, his most trusted Seers determined that it had been spirited away from this galaxy by the duplicitous Queen Dowager.

The shock of this atrocious deed must have clouded their perception because they received no inkling that her crimes were even more heinous than first imagined.

He considers it a direct attack against his regime, to underhandedly produce clones of his enemies and conceal them while they maturate to be used as weapons at a future date. For what other purpose could there possibly be, to produce such monstrosities? And who was even capable of achieving such unimaginable results in the first place? Perhaps he should not have wiped out so many of Zan’s top Scientists when he came to power.

Their skills died with them.

His modus operandi would have been to eliminate the conniving Wfitch along with the rest of her clan in a grand spectacle that emphasizes his dominance.

But the other irksome Monarchs in the Whirlwind Galaxy would never have gotten over it if he’d had the beloved Queen Mother executed.

More importantly, he didn’t want the knowledge that the Granolith was missing to reach beyond his inner circle. So the Dowager now lives a meager existence exiled on a small bleak mountainous island in the middle of the distant North Sea. The old biddy is wily and sharp. So far, she keeps her secrets well. But his operatives are planted everywhere and his hand is in every pie.

One day soon, he will finally break her.

Kavar Khivar A Despot's work is never done.
paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.12 12/10/08

Post by paper »

Welcome readers and compassionate feed-backers. You are verily appreciated.
Janetfl – Okay I don't know why I laughed but I found this funny. I think it's because it's just how insulting I would imagine Khivar being.
At this point, Khivar has very limited knowledge of Earth and little reason to pursue additional information. He’s tasked his General to carry out his orders and he expects optimal results, as is his way. I’m glad you like my descriptions. I can be quite quirky! 8)
ken_r - restructuring after any change of a revolutionary nature is difficult.
Poor Khivar has had to endure many hardships. And good help is hard to find when you’ve killed off all of the former leaders.
Moving resources from place to place because of damage of war may have realities in the coming years.
I’m more afraid of moving our resources due to another factor that will be popping up a little later. :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is getting kind of long, so let’s recap. Shall we?
So far, Khivar patted his favorite toy, watched the news, had a snack and now he’s on his way to visit his sister.
Whew! I never thought we’d get this far! We’re on a roll now!
:D

12 'Twas Bhrillig

When he first learned of the missing prize, he sent one of his most cunning and ambitious Generals to retrieve the powerful relic. Not all of the inhabitants of Antar could shape-shift at will like Khivar and most of his generals. A lesser-evolved species known as “Bhrillig” were sent on the expedition because they could more easily survive the agonizing discomfort of the long trip through unforgiving space.

Though forcibly inducted to his cause, the Bhrillig were swift and fierce warriors who could endure the extreme conditions during the grueling journey through the stars. They do have a modicum of intelligence but they are not the brightest bulbs in the array.

The wymyn of their species abhor violence and all seem to gravitate towards a religious life of meditation and volunteer service. The Bhrillig worship the false Goddess, Zofya (Zo-fee’-aa) who advocates the ridiculous concepts of “steadfast love, infinite compassion and unconditional forgiveness” when instead, they SHOULD be worshipping . . . well . . . HIM.

Many gullible Antarians are taken in by this antiquated religion that claims their revered Goddess created the Granolith and bestowed the honor of its care and safekeeping upon the very first Antarian King and Queen to walk the planet. From that day forward, Antar has been the nexus of power in the galaxy, for whosoever controls the Granolith, controls the fates.

Even his then-adolescent sister, Serena, had toyed with joining their religious order after spending many summers as a novice studying with the Priestesses at the Womban Monastery, while he, himself, attended to more important concerns. Thank goodness the deluded womyn came to her senses and gravitated to something real instead!

Khivar has a pervasive distaste for the self-sacrificing Goddess Worshippers, but he allows them their religious fantasies. Bhrillig wymyn have lost so many husbands and sons to the war. They need something to occupy their thoughts and keep them out of trouble. Especially after “clipping coupons” fell to the wayside as paper became so scarce and expensive that he allowed Serena to institute the new concept of electromagnetic monetary exchange. Discounts are now applied automatically to each purchase and the poor little wymyn have nothing left to do. Their modest religious hobby keeps them busy and seems harmless enough, so he gives them a wide berth. It wouldn’t be prudent to kill off military wives. He doesn’t want a mutiny on his hands!

General Nicholas, a Bhrillig himself, left Antar with a large contingent of these disposable battalions at his command, but the mission was hampered at the word “go”, by the fact that the Bhrillig had to don environmental suits called husks, to protect their slim feeble (though agile) bodies from the harsh elements found in Earth’s atmosphere. The husks were thought to have an average life span of 50 Terran solar cycles and then they would have to be replaced or he would lose his drones. The equipment to grow new husks was included in the ship’s manifest. Their task was Priority One!

Now that they have confirmed that there are Antarian clones on Terran, General Nicholas promised to ferret them out and then to exterminate them upon receiving Khivar’s final authorization. When this started, Khivar anticipated no impediment.

Unfortunately, the sly General Nicholas always had one excuse or another as to why no progress was achieved. The journey to Terran had been long and arduous. Malfunctions of equipment and subversive rebel-collaborating traitors impeded the intrepid crew, decimating and discouraging the ranks of those left to carry out the mission.

Now that Nicholas had finally gotten a clue, Khivar is salivating for any kernel of success.
Last edited by paper on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.12 12/10/08

Post by paper »

Thanks ever so much to my complimentary feed-backers, Janetfl and ken_r. I really appreciate your kind words. I don’t have a looking glass, but we can look in the window for this next part. Just don’t let you-know-who notice, if you don’t want repercussions. :mrgreen:

Lucky 13 - On A Roll

If truth be known, the stench of fear wafted through the carriage that shuttled the “People’s Great Hope” (P.R. reference 7835) from Antar’s sparkling jewel, the Crystal Palace, to the dreary monochromatic Jabber Science Complex. He always felt the place was gloomy and depressing and it seemed even more so, today.

The scholarly intellectuals who worked there were dull stuck-up automatons who never learned how to have a good time and thought reading a book was the highlight of their week.

His stomach rolled and he felt like he could blow chunks at the thought of being forced to work with all those boring theories, equations and formulas all day long.

Although the relatively short flight was smooth and the moderate warmth in the cabin met customary Imperial environmental protocols, the anxiety-driven fury that trembled through Khivar’s royal veins turned his blue blood a few degrees colder than normal and caused an involuntary shiver to cascade through his reclining frame. It was causing the powerful tyrant to feel that his back was against the wall, instead of comfortably ensconced in the luxuriously cushioned leather lounger.

‘Will this never-ending harassment give me no reprieve?

Is this irksome adversary akin to a fheline which is alleged to have 9 different lives on Antar?

How many times do I have to slaughter this detested foe before the pest is completely exterminated?’

His white fingers left deep indentations in the leather armrest as he crossed his arms over his chest and growled aloud “My good-for-nothing sister better have some answers!”

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.14 12/13/08

Post by paper »

Welcome honored guests and esteemed commentators. My heartfelt thanks are extended to all who deem this worthy of perusal.
(Yeeesh! I forgot how to use small words after writing this for so long!)
ken_r - pity pity
Ken. Ken. 8) Your response appears not to have a lot of sympathy for the poor man’s overwhelming tribulations.
Rest assured that although Khivar may spout rude insults about scholarly intellectuals that . . . present company is excluded, of course. :mrgreen:

Janetfl - I’m so glad that you empathize with Khivar and what he is up against. In time, he may prevail, but first, the poor man even has to demean himself by seeking advice from his lowly sister.
How low can you go? :twisted:

14 - Swagger and Bravado

There she is.

Long boring raven locks tied up securely on the back on her head. Dull brown eyes that seldom meet his gaze. Slender, frail and short of stature. Bookish and dowdy. Nothing like HIMSELF.

Though his mother wasn’t known for her indiscretions like his Father, Khivar can’t bring himself to believe they are full-blood kin. Some may deem it fitting to call her beautiful, but Khivar just calls her a pesky inconvenience.

Khivar stands in the antechamber above the work floor, watching as the oblivious Serena directs her latest test of his exciting new weapon. ‘Hah!’ He chuckles to himself. SHE thinks the expensive hunk of metal is being developed to mine precious minerals to produce products she says are desperately needed by the common people. He knows his Citizens have little left to give their lives any semblance of normalcy. Too freakin’ bad. The military applications will completely eclipse any economic benefit it might have produced. He will soon go after those instigators, Hanar & Sero, who are currently feeling a modicum of security in their cozy underground bunkers.

Outright hostilities have slowed to a crawl as resources dip dangerously low. Each faction now eyes the other warily and beats their fists against their chests while growling out their rage, like zamn Neanderzalls, to warn off their foes. It’s just the same old rehash of prior aggression. Khivar is tired of all the posturing and “behind the scenes” machinations.

He yearns for the days when battles were heroic, outcomes were decisive and real progress was made. Now, it seems, he is just treading water. The war has been going on so long, that it isn’t even fun anymore.

Sero attacks Hanar. Hanar attacks Antar. Larek attacks Sero. He attacks Hanar and Sero. And a weeping Kathana sits on the sidelines, wringing her skinny cerulean hands. Then a new peace treaty is signed and all is forgiven until the next round of attack commences.
The sides remain too evenly matched and resources allocated to defense are strangling the economies of all five planets. He would have already replaced these washed-up Monarchs clinging to their last vestiges of faded glory with Governors of his own regime, if he could just get through their impenetrable defenses. After so many years of warfare, they are too well-established.

But now that he’s seen the test figures, Khivar’s thought are smug.

‘Let’s see how they scurry for new cover like zamn cockroaches when this latest weapon burrows through the rock that currently shields them from the energy beam armaments of Antar’s mighty Imperial Armada.’

The smell of impending victory is so strong, he can almost taste it.

Khivar cannot wait to plunder their long-coveted treasure vaults. His 700 official wives and 300 concubines will be bent over backwards by the weight of the precious jewels he’ll swathe them in. The coins they unjustly loot and pillage from starving and desperate failing economies will take up residence in his own depleted vaults.

Unlike Antar, their planets escaped the initial devastating bombardments in the “War of Redemption” (P.R. Ref. 3684), thus their fertile lands continue to produce ample food for their own needs with enough left over to turn a tidy profit selling to the highest bidders from his and Larek’s war-ravaged planets. Even the continuous skirmishes do not put a dent in their luck. His Generals have advised him not to wipe out ALL the fertile land in the galaxy and since then, he has been careful to despoil only civilian targets.

And since cleaning up the environment is nowhere near the top of his agenda, he covets their bulging food stores to replenish his own dwindling personal supply with leftovers flowing to the military & possibly even trickling to civilian shops on Antar.

Yes. These two arrogant powerhouses will be the first dominoes to fall. The haughty Queen Kathana and Larek’s destitute sphere will then tumble at his leisure.

Khivar appears to grimace as he watches the proceedings, but those who have studied him recognize his unfamiliar smile when they see it.

The Emperor appears pleased with the test results.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.15 12/14/08

Post by paper »

Janetfl -- Okay so now you've moved I will keep looking out for an update under this forum!!!!

ken_r -- right you are moved in the new place so now let's get busy with more story.
It’s right nice here! Thanks for the warm welcome! How can I refuse a request from two such revered colleagues?

And since we’ve just heard from Khivar, how about a little something from Serena’s POV for once?

15 - The Summons

Joyous whoops and congratulatory shouts echo through the enclosed chamber as Serena is summoned to the conference room after completion of the successful test. She knows that her brother, Kavar, was there to observe the testing and that he couldn’t help but notice the positive results of their analysis now revealed on the large screen above the busy workspace.

Serena loves her position here at Jabber Science Complex. She gets the chance to work with all the greatest minds in the Galaxy, either directly or via vid-com conferencing. During peace-time, she is privileged to attend Scientific Seminars held regionally on neighboring planets and exchange ideas with a wide range of experts in various fields.

At one time Serena toyed with the idea of joining the Seminary and living the cloistered life of a Priestess. She actually got the chance to study at the Womban Monastery during her teen years. But Serena yearned to unravel the mysteries of the Universe. She wanted the freedom to DO and BE so many, many things and a secluded life of service was not her calling.

Her position at Jabber allows her that freedom.

She works with great Scientists, Researchers and Inventors every day, to develop projects that have far-ranging benefits for millions of inhabitants of the Whirligig Galaxy.

Her status as Kavar’s sister hasn’t hurt her. Much. She’s been placed in a position of great authority and her opinions are taken into account when funds are authorized to determine which projects advance to fruition and which lie dormant on the shelves of mediocrity. The Development Committee regularly follows her suggestions. They always take her vast experience into account since she has been at the helm of this venerable institution since Kavar came to power and she hasn’t blown the place up yet!

But at the back of every great mind, hidden beneath all the equations and theories, there is a teeny tiny hidden smidgeon of insecurity. Occasionally she wonders what her colleagues think of her and her connections to the Emperor. Do they secretly look down upon her and think that she doesn’t deserve her post? Do they worry that the things they say will somehow find their way to the Emperor’s ear? Perhaps they think she is one of his spies? She usually just shakes it off as she recites a line from her favorite poem: “She lies in wait, of her true love's gait, on a mat of pea-yaa.” It’s kind of nonsensical, but it always seems to relax her and put her in the right frame of mind. She can’t control what other people think!

She serves at the Emperor’s pleasure. It isn’t her fault that her brother thinks highly of her, is it?

She is also uniquely placed as an educator, where she can lead the next generation of eager young minds as they reach for new horizons in their quest for answers to life’s puzzles and riddles.

Serena is not deluded enough to think that her brother has given her this high-ranking position out of the goodness of his heart and his love for family. She is a realist, after all. She has always been industrious and has had a knack for finding solutions to all manner of problems. And she is aware that because of the continued hostilities, her brother’s grasp on control of his exalted position is tenuous, at best.

She recognizes the military application of her latest experiments. The formidable threat of this new device will provide a strong deterrent to those who would oppose the Emperor, for years to come.

She can only hope that the practical applications of benefit to the masses will ALSO be sanctioned by the self-indulgent Sovereign so that they may ease some of the suffering endured by her beloved people every day.

Surely her egotistical brother, Kavar, cannot be completely immune to their misery.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Post by paper »

Thank you to Janetfl, ken_r, and art_junkie for your kind feedback and thanks to anyone lurking here for reading my Khivarian tale.
Janetfl - . I like the way you wrote this from Serena's POV because we now know that she isn't as stupid as Khivar thinks!!!! She knows that he is going to use this .... thing ... as a weapon but she is in denial if she thinks he will use it for good as well
Thanks! She may be in denial. Or something else may be happening.

ken_r – Thanks for all your advice! I really enjoy conversing with you!
art_junkie - his thoughts, they are so sinister and insensitively humorous
A little levity never hurts to ease the tension. And things are pretty intense with the war dragging on and on and on . . .

Serena enjoyed being the center of attention so much, she wants to do it again!

16 - What Does (S)he Know?

She hastens with trepidation to the large conference chamber at the end of the long dark forbidding corridor, where the mighty Emperor awaits her. As she enters the vast assembly room where her pompous brother sits elevated on a dais at the far end of the carpeted approach, Serena stops to catch her breath.

It wouldn’t do to appear nervous or flustered in front of the suspicious Kavar. She holds her head up and smiles pleasantly pretending to be glad to see him as she proceeds serenely down the aisle to the roped area in front of the platform.

She waits for her reserved brother to acknowledge her with his usual “report”.

Serena gushes with exuberance: “The test results are beyond our most optimistic expectations, my lord. This ground-breaking new technology will serve to profoundly ease the burdens of workers in the minefields & cut the time for mineral extraction to minimal levels. If I may enumerate these benefits, the latest figures suggest . . . “

Kavar interrupts his tiresome sibling by raising his fingers in the air. Serena stops and gives him her undivided attention.

“Enough! What do you know of cloning?” he asks, getting right to the point, as usual.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Post by paper »

How about one more?

17 Composure

Nonplussed, Serena surreptitiously gathers her wits and begins to spout forth arbitrary facts and figures about this unexpected but highly provocative issue. While Serena expounds on what she knows of the many types & uses of duplicating minor life-forms, Kavar grows increasingly irritated.

As she drones on, he wonders if she is playing him.

His face remains impassive as his cold eyes study her. When she pauses as if finished in her explanation, she tilts her head slightly to the side to await his response.

He growls lowly “Antarian Cloning!”

Her eyes widen almost imperceptively, & her breath hitches minutely. As she struggles to maintain an innocent smile and covertly attempts to cover any other visible errors, Emperor Khivar continues his disdainful stare.

Serena knows that if she lies to him, her life is over.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.17 12/16/08

Post by paper »

To my sweet altruistic feedbackers: Thank you so much for your big-hearted and charitable feedback.

And a thousand thanks to my regular readers and occasional lurkers who decide to give it a gander!
Janetfl : Is she just worried about telling Khivar that the Royal Four could exist or is there more to it?
She’s not worried. 8) She’s relaxed and calm.
Is she really trying to hide ANYTHING? Or does she just know her brother’s ordinary disposition?
ken_r : James Woods the actor said to make the character really scary remember to himself he is justified and correct in everything he does.
This fits Khivar to a “T”! :shock: Am I making him scary enough?
He is discussing how much cross species mixing is there already. Of course i cheated and bought the audio book.
I am doing some research for this story. But mostly I watch the History Channel and Sci-Fi shows. :mrgreen:

18 Rumored Advances

As her heart pounds wildly in her chest, she immediately repeats her calming phrase silently in her mind and then starts right in with confidence: “There HAVE been rumors of such advanced cloning carried out decons ago, my Lord, but actual success has NEVER been substantiated to the satisfaction of learned authorities. Our extensive medical files contain no documented peer-reviewed statistically-valid empirical evidence that production of genetic copies of Antarians have ever even been attempted, let alone accomplished.”

Serena consciously slowed her speech to normal levels to conceal her nervousness and her voice carried clear and strong.

“Though highly improbable, I suppoooooose such a scenario . . . uhm . . . well . . . it COULD be possible, but the reproductions would almost certainly be meager substitutes of the originals. Each individual has a unique genotype that determines their characteristics. The variables during clinical trials could cause extensive fluctuations from expected results. The moral aspects alone would almost certainly be enough to prevent the attempt to create such replicas. The clones would lack even rudimentary intelligence and in all probability would not retain ANY of the basic abilities we take for granted every day,” she proposed. “A high incidence of malformation would also be an ethical hindrance to such an unusual undertaking.” Serena gave a little shrug of her shoulders to let him know she has exhausted her knowledge on the subject and he could draw his own conclusions.

Kavar narrowed his eyes at this complete waste of his time and bid her off with a flick of his fingers.

As his sister made her way out of the conference room, he sighed in disgust. It would appear that she was a dead-end in his research. He would have to scan the archives himself for any reference to cloning. Well, he would have his secretary do it, in any case. But HE would have to review the summarized results of the search.

A despot’s work is never done.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.18 12/17/08

Post by paper »

19 - Another One Bites The Dust

When he finally made his way out of the conference room & back towards the front entrance, he felt on edge. As he passed a laboratory door, it swung open slowly and a curvy Antarian beauty eyed him seductively.

‘I suppose I have sufficient time for a little pick-me-up’, he thought. He followed the well-endowed blonde seductress through the dark laboratory, to a dimly lit back room that contained a couch and adequate privacy. It wouldn’t do to have someone walk in on his little indulgence.

He sealed the door and had his fun.

As he felt her claws dig into his back upon completion, he showed her the error of her ways. Then he adjusted his clothing and left the scene. On his continued trek back to the transport, he justified to himself, the taking of another’s life.

‘So, the little hussy thought it acceptable to scratch the Emperor’s back, did she? Well, she will never make that mistake again! And THAT was fun for me as well. No one will miss the little trollup!

But now I am down another scientist. Drat!’

He’d have to remember not to indulge himself here at the complex again. At least until there were sufficient replacements available. Serena is providing training sessions to new recruits, but the very best minds seem to flow to the military instead of scientific endeavors.

He idly supposed that it was so they could be closer to HIM.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.20 12/19/08

Post by paper »

ken_r : . . . Pretty soon you get mighty lonely and the intellect you surround yourself with is running thin
Thanks for your comments, Ken! Right now he has a sounding board of 1. It’s really kind of sad. :cry:
He has a lot of company but no one will tell him like it is. If they did, that would be the end of them. :twisted:
Janetfl: I thought he was going to blast Serena

Yes. Serena is on shaky ground. She should be used to it by now.
I’m glad you found your way in. :D The snow is so deep today, I’m sure everyone is still shoveling out their path! The mounds at the side of my drive are 6 feet tall and 8 feet wide.

Welcome to all who venture here. This concludes our tour of the Jabber Science Complex. I hope you found it . . .

20 - A Pleasant Distraction

Unaccustomed to be kept waiting for any reason; he bristled with anger when his vessel was blocked by an arriving tram offloading the new trainees.

He eyed them contemplatively, wondering whether any of THEM know anything about cloning.

Their ages were as varied as their nationalities and races. He knew they were all loyal to HIM because he had Seers to verify the application process & interviews. It wouldn’t do to let some low-life Zan loyalist infiltrate the ranks.

One must always be vigilant about that sort of thing.

When the entourage was almost finished exiting the tram, he spotted a lovely young thing struggling with her heavy briefcase. She was a beautiful blonde creature with green eyes and long wavy silken tresses.

He motioned to a Guard to carry her case. A brief hand motion was all it took. It wasn’t unexpected. Then he smiled disarmingly and struck up light conversation with the surprised novice. If he sullied them before they were trained, it saved a lot of time & resources if things “went downhill”.

Of course she couldn’t refuse his invitation to accompany him back to the magnificent Crystal Palace, so here they were, winding their way back through the busy Capital City.

She was so excited to be in the presence of the great Emperor, that she was very agreeable when he began to touch & taste at his leisure. His closed transport left them a good measure of privacy & he used it to the fullest. They even managed to fix their clothing before arrival at the docking station.

The shock on her face was rather quaint when he told the guards to deliver her back to the Science Complex. As he strode to the entrance, he noticed that General Gyre rode with her inside the transport.

No doubt General Gyre doesn’t mind sloppy seconds.