Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Should I Continue with this?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 103

Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.9 pg.9 1-31-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part. Thanks...

AvalonRose
SnowyOwl-17
Adian
behrstars
Maiqu
Vampyrolover86
garcia88
elfangel01
pandas2001

Please let me know what you think of this new part!

Part 10: The Dark Summer

The rest of the year went by oddly fast. The students around the school started to notice small changes in their beloved Salem. There were more rules and restricted areas where certain students were not allowed, this was a far cry from the open exploration Salem previously allowed. The Headmaster explained to the students that these changes were for their protection and that they meant well. The group knew that there was more to it than that, the European schools were starting to enforce their will on Salem. Many of the changes were frighteningly similar to those imposed at Hogwarts such as a restricted section of the library housing books full of spells deemed too dangerous for students.

Another source of irritation for the group was Professor Prince’s annoyingly close eye she kept on them. No matter what they were doing it seemed as if she was always around the corner and just happened upon them. A pleasant change though was Reid and Caleb started to balance their time better opting to spend individual time with their friends instead of quick hellos and goodbyes.

Sadly summer came far too quickly for their liking and the friends saw themselves saying goodbye to one another again. Liz and Alex didn’t have the same comfort of going home as their friends knowing the oppressive environment that was going to welcome them in Roswell.

Tyler looked over at Liz as she looked out the window of the train another depressed sigh escaping her small body. “Cheer up Lizzie remember you can see us whenever you want all you have to do is will yourself to us.” Tyler said trying to cheer her up as he slung an arm over her shoulders.

Liz gave him a small smile, “Yeah but what happens if I walk in on something naughty?” She asked with a small giggle.

Tyler rolled his eyes at her, “Chances of that happening with me are slim, girls in Ipswich are gold diggers or snobs. Nope you Liz can pop in on me anytime and I would gladly welcome your company.” Tyler said making her smile wider.

“Same goes for you. Maybe you can come to Roswell and I can finally force you to drink a Blood of Alien smoothie that my family’s restaurant is so famous for.”

Tyler laughed, “Right and I can meet this Maria friend of yours, she sounds a lot like Louise.”

Liz nodded, “She is I am sure you will find her just as amusing.”

Tyler squeezed her tighter to him making her squeal, “Maybe but she will never be as amusing as you Lizzie.” Liz let out another shriek as she felt his fingers dig into her sides tickling her. Gales of laughter left her as she fell across his lap as her body went weak from his assault. Pogue and Serena watched them amused while Louise and Jasmine cheered Liz on as she failed time and time again to get away. Finally Tyler and her rolled onto the ground where he pinned her with his knees so he could tickle her better.

Neither of the two heard the compartment door slide open as Caleb and Reid appeared before them. “What is it with you and your need to tickle Liz?” Caleb growled startling the tickle monster. Tyler looked up at his friends with wide blue eyes as Liz tried to regulate her breathing.

“He just likes the feel of her wiggling underneath him, it fuels his fantasies.” Pogue laughed making Serena snort.

“Sept he would prefer her naked when she waz doin it.” Serena giggled sending Louise and Jasmine into a fit of laughter as well.

“What is going on in here?” Alex asked as he and Corry pushed in behind Caleb and Reid. “Oh Tyler is on Liz again.”

“Sad that this is becoming a common sight.” Corry agreed in mock pity.

Caleb clenched his fists tightly at the comments swimming about the urge to hurt someone growing stronger by the second. Tyler blushed red as he crawled off Liz helping her up. “Aw I was having fun.” Liz pouted hugging his waist, “If only you were the one naked.” She sighed before giggling at the shocked look on his face.

“When and where Black when and where.” He joked.

“My house tonight just climb up the ladder in my ally and knock on my window.” Liz giggled.

“I will be there with protection.”

“We have spells for that.” Liz snickered.

“Okay TMI dudes.” Reid laughed.

“Garwin yous just jealous youz can’t get in on da Black action. If Iz I dude Id do Lizzie.” Serena said.

“See this is one fine piece of woman.” Liz said giggled when Alex poked her in the side.

Tyler saw the snack cart move down the hall and he quickly excused himself, Caleb following behind. “Hey Caleb.” Tyler greeted when he saw his friend standing behind him in line.

“Tyler.” Caleb ground out. Tyler shot his friend a worried look but quickly brushed his unease off as Caleb just being Caleb. “Tyler what is going on between you and Liz?” Caleb suddenly asked.

“Gee that’s a little blunt.” Tyler said when he finally regained his wits handing the wizard some money as he took his treats. “Why do you want to know?”

“So there is something going on between you?” Caleb asked his arm reaching out to stop Tyler’s movements. A dark look came about his eyes as he stared at his friend and Tyler had no idea what to make of it.

“Not really man the two of us just mess around a lot. She is different than most girls in case you hadn’t noticed, she doesn’t care about the money and the powerful magic that flows in us all she cares about is the real us.” Tyler said.

“So the two of you aren’t like thinking of dating or anything?” Caleb asked trying to look as uncaring as possible but Tyler could easily pick up on the worry.

“Not at the moment, why?” Tyler asked his blue eyes narrowing at his friend. “Why do you care so much, you have a girlfriend remember?”

“I just don’t want to see Liz hurt she is…young.” Caleb said.

“Not that young.” Tyler grunted.

“No but you are a lot older than her.”

Tyler raised an eyebrow at that, “Not that much older than her Caleb I am like two years older than her. Besides we aren’t exactly looking to score right now.”

Caleb pinched the bride of his nose as he stared at his friend a grimace coming over him. “Just be careful Tyler.” Caleb groaned.

“Yeah whatever man.” Tyler grumbled pushing his way past his friend into the compartment. A funny burning feeling took place in Caleb’s chest as he watched Tyler sit next to Liz and whisper something in her ear making her laugh. There was a slight tug in his stomach every time he watched her eyes light up or a wide smile come over her and for the life of him he couldn’t figure out what that feeling was.

Caleb sat down next to Louise forcing everyone to suck it in if they wanted to sit together, Alex and Corry opting for the floor with Reid and Jasmine. Louise was gazing absently in front of her biting her lower lip as her eyes flickered to and from Corry every so often a look of fear clouding their depts. “You alright?” Caleb asked.

Her gaze swung to him as she let out a shaky breath. “Something is wrong.” She whispered softly, “I can feel it, every night in my dreams I see a growing shadow in my mind. I see red walls and cold footfalls in the night. The shadows warn that by the end of summer one of us will forever remain in the garden of good and evil.”

“A prophecy?” Caleb asked.

“I think so, this is only the second time so I am still unsure of what is going on.” Louise admitted ducking her head slightly.

“Do you want to tell the others?” Caleb asked quietly.

Louise shook her head furiously, “No not yet I don’t want to worry them for nothing. I want to talk to my mom about it first and see if she can help me understand the images better.”

“Louise you said garden of good and evil you know what that is right?” Caleb asked.

“I think so; all I know is that I heard Pogue whisper it in my dreams.”

“Louise the garden of good and evil is a cemetery. It is supposed to be the one place where things are buried that are both light and dark.” Caleb said and the small blonde nodded.

“I thought so.” She whispered. “Please Caleb don’t tell the others yet I want to make sense of what I saw before I ruin their summer.” Louise begged her large eyes imploring him to agree with her. Caleb was helpless to disagree so he reluctantly nodded.

Caleb’s eyes were drawn back to Liz and Tyler their closeness instantly creating a raging heat inside him. He didn’t like the way Tyler would brush against her skin or talk lowly to her never taking his eyes off of her. Even worse was how Liz responded to him blushing at the slightest teasing comment, goose bumps on her flesh if the touch was too light.

“They are just friends you know.” Louise suddenly whispered beside him. Caleb reluctantly broke his gaze away from Tyler and Liz to look at her. She was looking at the two across from them a small smile on her face. “I guess what you would call their relationship is more experimentation than anything. They mean nothing serious.” Louise whispered.

“Looks serious to me.” He grumbled.

“That’s because you are looking at it emotionally. He does not feel for her what you feel for her.” Louise said.

“What I feel for her?” Caleb chocked looking at her through wide eyes.

Louise just grinned at him, “You will figure it out eventually Caleb.” She sighed before she turned to look out the window.

The train ride came to an end far too quickly for the group of friends. Caleb and Reid quickly said their goodbyes as they went to find their girlfriends to arrange meeting times. Tyler and Pogue just rolled their eyes preferring to take their time. “So you promise to come and visit me?” Liz begged the others.

“Promise.” Tyler said, “Who knows I might even drop by tonight.”

“Liz you know we will come and see you and if we don’t you can pop in on us and kick our butts.” Corry said.

“Come on Liz we need to go so we don’t miss our plane, you know our parents would cream us if we did.” Alex said gently tugging on her hand to lead her along. Tyler quickly grabbed her hand and tugged her closer to him making Alex stop. Tyler wrapped his arms around her and gave her a tight hug placing a kiss on her head before he released her.

“See you soon Lizzie.” He whispered as she gave him a sad smile before she walked away.

“Youz goin ta see her tonight?” Serena asked smirking at the guy.

“Most definitely,” Tyler said a large grin suddenly on his face.

“Youz really think dis whole plans gonna make Caleb see da light?” Serena asked.

“Oh it will.” Pogue snickered.

“He already cornered me.” Tyler admitted softly.

“So that’s what took so long.” Pogue snorted.

“How the hell did you get Liz to go along with this?” Corry asked softly watching as Tyler fought a blush.

“I might have told her that I was doing this to make someone jealous.” Tyler admitted in a low hiss.

“Who?” Pogue asked.

“Well I couldn’t say I was doing this to make Caleb jealous so he would dump is slut of a girlfriend who is sleeping with half the school for Liz so I had to improvise.” Tyler defended.

“Who?” Pogue asked again.

“Louise.” Tyler sighed.

Said girl just laughed as she leaned against Jasmine, “This should be interesting.” She giggled.

“I know, besides the two of us did agree that it would be nice to have some experience under out belts for later.” Tyler quickly added.

Pogue suddenly stopped and narrowed his dark eyes at his friend. “Experience how?”

Tyler wouldn’t meet his gaze, “Well I am the least experienced of the four of us never actually having kissed a girl let alone doing anything else and I told Liz this and she might have agreed to ah…experiment with me.” Tyler mumbled.

Serena laughed falling into Corry for support as Pogue just stared wide eyed at his best friend. “Oh Caleb is so going to kill you.” Pogue whispered.

“What Danvers doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” Serena giggled.

“I have a feeling he is going to find out anyway.” Corry mumbled.

“You aren’t going to like go all the way with her are you? Cause Danvers would blow a fuse faster than well…” Louise glanced at Pogue who just glared at her.

“No!” Tyler screeched blushing when he realized how loud and girlish he sounded.

“But theyz are gonna do other stuff.” Serena giggled.

“Maybe.” Tyler sighed.

“Well I don’t know if it will make Caleb jealous so much as piss him off.” Jasmine sighed, “I mean we all know he has it bad for her but he is too thick to realize it. I don’t know if seeing his best friend with her will be the right push he could just back off more.”

“Nope Caleb is not like that he is like a dog with a toy. When he sees another dog has his favorite bone he gets hostile and fights for his bone. He does not give in without a fight to the death.” Tyler said.

“Well then this summer should be interesting.” Jasmine sighed.

Liz and Alex arrived back in Roswell sooner than they would have liked. Their parents were there to greet them and Liz shied away when her father and mother tried to hug her opting to stick close to Alex instead who seemed to sense her discomfort keeping his hand firmly locked in hers.

“Welcome home sweetie.” Nancy said giving Liz a strained smile.

“Right.” Liz said attempting to give her a small smile but completely ignoring her dad. It soon became apparent to Jeff Parker that all was not forgiven as far as his daughter was concerned. Nancy squeezed her husband’s arm and led the way out to the cars leaving the teens to trail behind miserably.

“I hate it here.” Alex grumbled softly.

“I know, just think next year is our last year of being at school full time.” Liz whispered.

“Ugh don’t remind me I don’t want to go to high school.” Alex whined.

“Well I will be there to tough it out with you and we will at least get to spend more time with Maria and Kyle.” Liz added and Alex nodded reluctantly.

“Hey did you read the paper this morning?” Alex asked and Liz shook her head.

“No why?”

“Well apparently some famous alchemist died. Nicholas something or other.”

“He famous?” Liz asked and Alex nodded.

“Apparently he created the sorcerer’s stone which is now destroyed. Apparently he and his wife are tired of living forever.” Alex snorted.

“I somehow think there is more to it than that Alex.” Liz laughed.

“I don’t know I just thought it was interesting.” Alex added, “Well that and that Professor that we met at the beginning of the year is dead.”

“Which one?” Liz gasped.

“The Defense teacher from Hogwarts, Quil I think it was.” Alex said.

“What happened to him?” Liz asked.

“Apparently he was into some dark stuff and it backfired and killed him or at least that is one theory going around. Apparently the only people who really know what went on are Dumbledore, McDougle the deputy headmistress, and that Potter kid.”

“Why would Potter know what happened?” Liz asked as they approached the familiar cars their parents drove.

“Because apparently he was there when it happened.” Alex whispered.

Liz shivered suddenly a dark pull in her stomach, “I don’t know Alex I get the feeling that there is a hell of a lot more to the story than they are letting on.” Liz said.

“Of course there is Liz have you learned nothing from the Ipswich witches, there is always a catch with those people at Hogwarts they all have hidden agendas and only let on half of what is really going on.” Alex said as Jeff waved Liz into the backseat. It was apparent that Liz did not want to be separated from her friend but the sour look on Jeff Parker’s face left no room for compromise.

“See you later Alex.” Liz sighed.

“Cheer up Liz I think Simms is going to drop by later.” Alex said making Liz smile as she instantly perked up.

“You’re right.” She sighed before she finally got into the car.

“So Liz excited to see Maria?” Nancy asked kindly knowing that her husband would receive no response.

“Yes.” Liz replied softly.

“Liz when we get home your mom and I have some news that I think you are going to be pretty excited about.” Jeff said grinning at her through the rearview mirror.

Liz gave him a bleak smile, “Doubt it,” She whispered but they heard her anyway. Nancy shared a strained look with her husband and the rest of the car ride was silent.

Liz groaned when they reached the café and her parents rushed her upstairs and made her sit patiently on the couch as they made a production of telling her the news. “Liz your mother and I are expecting a baby.” Jeff suddenly blurted out.

Liz just gapped at their grinning faces knowing the reaction they wanted but unable to muster up the act. All she could do was stare, this was her worst nightmare come true. She always knew she was not the daughter her father wanted she was too much like her biological mother and too distant from him. She was a magical freak like him and he wanted her to be human. She was going to get shunted to the side even more and her father would no longer want anything to do with her. Thousands of thoughts raced through her head and all of them ended with Liz alone and miserable no longer part of her family.

“Right, congrats.” She finally croaked never meeting their gaze before she stood up and walked to her room closing the door firmly behind her. She could hear them whispering to each other in the family room as the tears welled in her eyes pain taking over her. It looked like her parents were going to get what they wanted after all, a real child of their own. Nancy would have her child with Liz’s father and she would no longer have to pretend to care for the temporary child from Jeff’s previous relationship.

Shudders ran through Liz as she leaned against her door hugging her knees to her chest. She could feel the shift in the air as soft pops were heard around her she could just feel them there. “Liz?” Pogue’s deep voice rumbled in the expanse of her room. Liz looked up through teary eyes and saw all of her friends there even Reid and Caleb all looking anxious.

“Lizzie what is it?” Tyler asked crouching down next to her.

“I am being replaced.” Liz whimpered.
Last edited by Ansleyrocks on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.10 pg.10 2-8-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part! Sorry this part is so short but I have the flu and writing has not been fun. Thanks...

AvalonRose
garcia88
Maiqu
DollyF
elfangel01

Part 11: The Dark Summer II

Liz ignored the knocking on her door as she cuddled closer to Tyler, the others having left hours ago. Logically she knew that her father would never replace her that she was his daughter forever and always but emotionally she couldn’t wrap herself around the concept. Tyler gently stroked her back and arm as she rested on his chest.

“Liz, “Her father called through the door, “Open up please we need to talk.”

Liz clung tighter to Tyler not wanting him to move or go. His blue eyes glanced down at her meeting her large doe eyes reassuring her that he was not going anywhere that he was with her to the end. “Elizabeth Parker open this door right now!” Jeff barked from the other side of the door.

“You might want to open the door before he comes busting in here.” Tyler’s deep voice rumbled in the darkness of the room as night set on the small town of Roswell.

“He wouldn’t dare.” Liz grumbled.

“He is upset there is no telling what he might do Liz.” Tyler reminded her.

Liz let out a long sigh rolling her eyes before she rolled off of him and wrenched the door open. Jeff had been about to knock when the door swung open revealing his moody teenage daughter. Jeff glanced at her and then into her room where Tyler was sitting up on her bed unworried that Jeff had seen him there.

“Who is this?” Jeff barked at his daughter his dark eyes narrowing at her.

“Tyler Simms my friend.” Liz huffed crossing her arms over her chest as she glared up at her father.

“What is he doing in your room young lady?” He asked.

“We were just talking.” Liz grumbled.

“I highly doubt you were just talking young lady.” Jeff snapped pushing his way into her room.

“We were!” Liz yelled her frustration catching up to her again the stress of her emotional rollercoaster sending emotions stampeding through her.

“We were just talking Mr. Parker. I sensed she was upset and I came to talk.” Tyler said knowing that Jeff was about to cause a lot of problems for him. He was not happy with the older man who still seemed to disregard his daughter; it was obvious Liz had been crying but Jeff ignored that in favor of yelling about the boy in her room.

“How the hell could you have ‘sensed’ that she was upset?” Jeff growled.

Tyler glanced at Liz and then flipped his arm over revealing the mark on his wrist that he knew Jeff had seen and sensed on his daughter, the vibe of the dark and powerful magic unmistakable. “We are connected, I knew she needed me and I came. It is hard to ignore the call of someone you love in pain.” Tyler said glaring at Liz’s father hoping he would pick up on the double meaning.

Jeff clenched his jaw tightly the jaw bone popping from the strain. Liz looked away from her dad when she saw that he was not happy with her, she felt like yelling at him screaming at him that she was not happy with him either but as usual in her relationship with her father she kept her mouth shut.

“Why the hell would she be in pain?” Jeff barked.

“I don’t know you tell me, we were the ones who found her upset.” Tyler grunted.

“We?” Jeff growled turning his gaze onto his daughter again.

“Well I do have more than one friend.” Liz huffed hugging herself tighter; she hated this she wanted him to leave so that she could go back to spending time with her friend. She wanted to go back to school and forget that this day and this announcement ever happened.

“There is nothing for her to be upset about…” Jeff said but the dark look that the teenage boy sent him cut him deep. It was sharp and accusing and Jeff could see his disgust as if he had spit at him.

“Nothing for her to be upset about you and your wife just made Liz feel as if she were being replaced in your family. It was oh Liz be happy we are going to have a baby no mention of but we still love you and you will always be my first born daughter.” Tyler growled. “Liz was obviously upset and neither of you cared. The only reason you were even coming in here was because Liz wasn’t all happy and you wanted to yell at her for raining on your parade.”

Jeff glared at the boy, “That is not true,” Jeff huffed.

“Yes it is dad.” Liz whispered her eyes welling with tears as she stared at Tyler. “He should know.” She whimpered.

Jeff looked confused as he stared at the two. Tyler locked eyes with Jeff his blue eyes lulling him into a hypnotic gaze, “My father has been teaching me legilimency, your mind is rather easy to break into obviously your years with Bellatrix taught you nothing.” Tyler snapped hitting Jeff below the belt.

Tyler flinched when he felt a mental shield erect suddenly in Jeff Parker’s mind. “I know more than you think I just never thought I would have to use one around a teenager who shouldn’t know such dark things.”

Tyler rubbed his forehead glaring at Jeff Parker, “Sometimes to keep the bad away you have to know how to play their game. Right Mr. Parker.”

Liz felt ill as she stared at her friend and father staring each other down as if their gaze could set the other ablaze. She just wanted to be left alone to sort out her mind and Tyler was helping her do that. She hated that her father was only there to yell at her, she had a right to be angry no one could dictate her emotions. She couldn’t say what it was that set her off she would never know but one moment she was standing there with angry tears in her eyes ready to spill and the next she was ducking for cover as objects in her room started breaking and smashing as they flew off of shelves and onto the floor.

“Liz stop!” Tyler yelled from across the room. It was as if she had been disjointed from her body staring at the scene around her as if she were unconnected. There was no pain no feeling at all only energy rushing out of her, but the sound of Tyler’s voice seemed to penetrate the fog and with a gasping breath the destruction stopped.

She sat there shaking on the floor as her magic reined in; Tyler hurried across the floor to her to see if she was alright as several pops sounded throughout the room. Pogue and Caleb rushed over to Liz when they saw her pale form shaking on the ground. “Tyler start her bath with cold water now!” Caleb barked as he picked Liz up the others ignoring Jeff Parker’s shocked form entirely.

“Pogue go and get ice.” Reid said as he went into the bathroom as well, “And lots of it we need to get her core’s temperature down before she kills herself.”

Jeff Parker finally managed to get his grip again when he stood up and saw teenagers rushing around his home. “What is going on? Liz?” He called when he saw her unresponsive in some kid’s arms.

“She used too much.” Caleb grunted, “I think the whole damn Covenant felt that one.”

“What made her react Tyler?” Reid asked as he methodically stripped Liz down to her undergarments before Caleb or Jeff could protest.

“Her dad and I were getting into it.” Tyler said.

“Caleb get ready we are going to have to hold her down.” Reid said and the older boy nodded.

The others stood off to the side in a daze watching as Caleb lifted Liz into the cold water. “Why are they going to hold her down?” Corry asked.

“Wait for it.” Serena whispered as Liz suddenly let out an unnatural scream as her body arched out of the water, Caleb and Reid holding her down as Pogue came back in with ice in a bowl.

“We are going to need more than that.” Caleb grunted as he held a flailing Liz down.

Alex grabbed Louise’s hand and dragged her to the Parker kitchen to help. Nancy who had been down in the café at the time rushed upstairs after she heard Liz’s continuous screams rushing into Liz’s room. Nancy screamed when she saw two strange boys holding Liz down in the tub, her maternal instinct kicked in as she raced into the room and started kicking and smacking Reid.

“Ow lady stop!” Reid roared releasing Liz to protect himself. Liz tried flinging herself out of the tub but Caleb threw her back in climbing in after her into the freezing water to pin her down.

Jeff quickly grabbed his wife around the waist and pulled her off the blonde teenager. “Nancy they are trying to help her.” Jeff croaked staring at his daughter as Alex and his friend came back and dumped more ice into the tub as water sloshed onto the floor.

“How long?” Tyler asked.

“Too long.” Reid groaned.

“Why the hell did she react like this?” Pogue thundered his gaze flashing to Jeff.

“Get my dad!” Reid barked as he removed his hand from Liz’s neck trying to feel her racing pulse. “Now.”

Pogue pulled out a muggle cell phone as he continued to pin the Parker’s with his blazing stare. “It’s Pogue we need you and my dad at Liz’s. Her magical core overheated from her little freak out and now her insides are being liquefied. Dad we need you here like now.” Pogue said as a crack sounded in Liz’s suddenly too small bedroom as her friends and now Reid and Pogue’s fathers were in her room along with her parents.

“She in the bath?” Paul asked and Pogue nodded motioning to the bathroom where Caleb was holding a squirming Liz down.

“Cold?” Ryan asked and Caleb nodded. “Quickly switch with Reid.” Ryan said and the boys quickly complied trying to still restrain Liz.

“Whatever set her off had to be terrible, most people only react like that if they have repressed their emotions for a long period of time.” Paul said as he pulled out his wand and tapped Liz’s forehead several numbers appearing above her form. “Her core temperature is coming down slowly, but her heart rate is much too fast for being in such cold water.”

Mumblings could be heard from the tub as Liz lolled her head from side to side. “I am bad…hates me…no one loves me…why now?” Liz whimpered.

Nancy gasped horrified as her hand covered her face to stifle the sob that wanted to escape. “No Lizzie baby no.” Nancy sobbed her blue eyes welled with tears.

Ryan and Paul glanced at the parents for a second before they returned their attentions to Liz. “Once she is stable I want to take her home with me.” Ryan said and Paul nodded.

“Now wait a minute…” Jeff finally spoke up, “She is my daughter and she is…”

“Emotionally unable to deal with you, it is apparent that she is not in a productive environment otherwise this would not have happened. You know that these attacks are rare Parker and only happen when the child is suffering severe emotional abuse.” Paul snapped. “The wizengamot would not fault me for taking the child from you.”

Jeff shook in anger at the insinuation that he was responsible for this, “Merlin help I will…”

“Do what Parker? You haven’t practiced decent magic in years you are practically core constipated and you are forcing it upon your kid. Liz is not her mother she is not going to the dark side she is just trying to get by in a society that seems intent on seeing her fail. Stop trying to tell her that she is destined to fail. Home is supposed to be the place where you feel safe not the place you dread.” Ryan Garwin snapped.

Caleb ignored the rest of the conversation as he stared at Liz being held by Reid in the tub. She looked too small in his arms as if she were going to break any second. The tremors in her body slowed but he could tell she was still down for the count. Tyler twitched nervously beside him stirring his ire as well. He couldn’t explain why but for some reason the thought of his best friend alone with Liz in her room had him upset; he knew that Tyler was alone with Liz before the confrontation and it made him feel queasy.

“Dad is it safe to move her yet?” Pogue asked.

Paul shook his head, “Not for a bit yet Pogue. We need to get her stable before we do anything.”

Ryan turned to Jeff and Nancy, “Look all we want is what is best for your daughter, and my wife is a trained healer. She is at work right now but if I take Liz home with me my wife would be able to look after her until we are sure she is able to go home.”

Nancy gripped her husband’s arm a sad look on her face. “Jeff if it would get our Lizzie better…”

Jeff gave his wife a look of betrayal but she pushed on, “Jeff I know nothing about the magical world, this core thing is foreign to me and I doubt you know what to do. These people can help her Jeff please let them help her. She will come home when she is better right?” Nancy asked turning back to Ryan Garwin who reluctantly nodded.

“Alright then she can go with you.” Jeff whispered.
Last edited by Ansleyrocks on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.11 pg.11 2-15-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part I am feeling much better now which is why I am giving you all a much longer part! thanks...

AvalonRose
pandas2001
DollyF
garcis88
elfangel01
behrstars
Maiqu

Part 12: The Dark Summer III

Reid watched as his father carried a spent Liz into the room connected to his through a large bathroom. He didn’t want to take his eyes off her for fear something terrible would happen to her again. When he felt Liz’s core go through a melt down his body felt as if it were on fire, it felt as if Liz were dying. The whole time he was holding her down in the tub he kept chanting to himself over and over again that his mother could make her better that she would be okay that he wasn’t going to lose one of his best friends but seeing her still weak and so pale in front of him did nothing to ease his fears. He knew that the others had only reluctantly left when his father told them that so much nervous energy around Liz was not good for her in her volatile state.

Reid moved into the room and sat on the edge of the bed watching Liz as she squirmed about in a restless sleep. “Can I hold her?” Reid asked softly.

“Sure, that might even help calm her down.” His father said as Reid kicked off his shoes and crawled under the covers with Liz. Her skin felt warm to the touch too warm as he slid his arms around her small form pulling her flush against him so she was cuddled close her head tucked under his chin.

“Is she going to be okay dad?” Reid asked.

Ryan Garwin gave his son a small sad smile. “Once she works out the issues she apparently has she will be. Mind telling me what set off this attack?”

Ryan saw his son was going to lie to him and he held up a large pale hand, “The truth please, Reid.”

Reid sighed but he could see the defeat in his son’s eyes. “Liz’s relationship with her father isn’t very good.”

“I got that much I need more here Reid.”

Anger flashed in his son’s eyes as he launched into the long list of complaints he had about Jeff Parker. Most of the arguments Ryan already knew but his son threw several new ones at him including one where Jeff thought Liz was going evil because she was friends with the Ipswich Covenant. The more he listened the more weary Ryan grew, he knew that Liz had issues with her father and mother but nothing like this, he and Paul had their work cut out for them that summer.

The wards of the Garwin home flashed a brilliant gold as Anna Garwin appeared before the front gate. From the moment Ryan Garwin’s wife walked into her home her husband rushed her up the stairs and into one of the guest bedrooms. The sight that met her would make any mother shriek in horror but for Anna Garwin it was not her son holding a girl in bed that had her worried it was the state of the girl. “How long has she been like this?”

Her husband looked grim beside her, “A little over two hours. Lucky for her Reid, Caleb, and Pogue have seen this before and knew how to react. They got her into a cold tub and tried to get her core temperature stable.”

Anna nodded pulling out her wand and began tapping random parts of the girl different numbers and colors flashing each time, “You and your friends did well Reid, you saved her life.” She smiled weakly at her son as more worrying numbers appeared over Liz.

“How bad is sit mom?”

“There is quite a bit of damage; several of her organs are as good as cooked. She will need an intense potion regime to get better.”

Reid looked at her through hopeful blue eyes, “So she will get better?”

“Yes but I will need her here or at St. Williams to oversee her care.”

“Her father granted permission for her to stay here during her recovery. Paul and I are hoping the boys might be able to help her work through whatever caused this.” Ryan sighed running a hand through his blonde locks making it stick up in every direction.

“Her father being an idiot caused this.” Reid growled.

Anna’s brows furrowed as she stared at her son, sure he had a hot temper but he always had a good reason for being angry and for him to blame Liz Black’s father she knew her father had to be the source of the trouble. “Poor girl,” She muttered before she left the room to fetch the potions needed from her reserve storeroom in the basement. Liz had a long hard road ahead of her and Anna had the disgusting feeling that the child’s pain had only just begun.

Jeff Parker paced the length of the café staring at the glass front door his daughter had left not a half hour ago. It had all happened so fast he was still unsure it had really happened but the furious whispers of the kids in the corner let him know it was real. His daughter, his only daughter, and her best friend and Cousin Alex had gone off to war.

Jeff glanced at the clock he had sitting on the counter with Alex and Liz’s faces on it pointing to mortal peril. Slowly at an agonizing pace Jeff stopped and watched as one of the clock hands moved. Alex’s face slowly ticked past school and home and landed on lost before seconds past and he landed on dead.

It felt as if someone had sat on his chest as the air left him in a pained rush. “No,” He gasped causing the others to go silent.

“Mr. P?” Maria called softly as she slowly moved out of the booth on shaky legs to see what had her best friend’s father a shaking mess at the counter. “What is it?” She asked.

Jeff seemed unable to answer as he lifted a shaky white finger and pointed to Alex’s face. Maria looked closely at the strange clock and her green eyes widened a strangled squeak leaving her. “No,” Maria gasped, “That thing has to be wrong.”

Jeff shook his head sadly as he sat stiffly on a counter stool, “The clock never lies.”

Maria gapped at him, “But the clock says Alex is dead that is not possible, he just left with Liz and Caleb I mean nothing dangerous could have happened.”

Jeff laughed darkly at the girl, “Maria they weren’t just heading to a party.”

The silent café stared at him fear creeping into them, “Where did they go?” Michael’s deep voice asked softly trying to fight the raging panic building in him.

“They went off to war.”

It took two days for Liz to regain consciousness and be able to sit up on her own and even then the strain wore her out after a few hours. Al of her friends and their parents had come to visit her, even Alex’s mother; her visit still surprised Liz but after hearing what the woman had to say Liz understood her best friend’s mother a little better. She didn’t say anything to her friends but they could tell that talk with the older woman gave Liz hope, that someday she would be able to better understand her father.

“Hey Lizzie,” Reid called softly carrying a bed-tray of food into the room his long blonde locks falling softly into his eyes.

Liz grinned when she saw him, “Hey Reid it’s great to see you.”

“Is that because you missed me this morning or because I am carrying your food?” He laughed setting down her tray next to her.

“Maybe a little bit of both.” She giggled.

“So I hear Mrs. Whitman came to see you.” He prodded sitting down on the bed next to her leaning against the ornate headboard as she was.

Liz nodded a small smile coming over her pale face, “she did.”

“What brought on the smile?” He asked hoping she would take away his burning curiosity.

Liz tilted her head to the side as she thought about if she should tell her friend or not, “I suppose I could tell you, I am sure Alex won’t mind,” She sighed.

“What does this have to do with Alex?”

“Everything,” She whispered. “Mrs. Whitman explained to me why she is so against Alex getting too deep into our world and why she was so against all of you at first.”

“Were they good reasons?” He huffed.

“Yes actually and for once I can say that if I were in her position I probably would have reacted the same way.” The sad repentant look in Liz’s eyes sent questions’ buzzing through his head like killer bee’s each stinging harder to get out.

“Okay and what position might that be?” He finally asked as she took a bite from the grilled cheese sandwich his father made; the only thing Ryan Garwin could make without poisoning the person.

“She sees a lot of Alex’s father in him and a lot of my mother in me. It is hard for her to see past both looks and personality traits. I guess Alex takes after his father more than we realized. She sees our loyalty to each other as the same loyalty the Death Eaters have to Voldemort.”

Reid nodded blowing out a breath, “I will give her the Death Eater thing because even I can see that connection.”

“The mark we have is so similar in function to the dark mark I guess it is just scary for her knowing that my mother and Alex’s father had them as well. She hated to say it to me but she felt I needed to hear it…”

“What?” Reid growled.

“That sometimes blood is thicker than water that we can’t always fight who our relations are. She thought Sirius Black was as light as they come he seemed to against what the rest of the family was preaching, but then she finds out he was one of the most loyal followers of the Dark Lord…I guess it just reminded her that sometimes family has a way of sucking you in.”

Reid cocked his head to the side his blue eyes widening, “She knows that some of our parents have family connections to Death Eaters.” He whispered and Liz nodded.

“She is trying to see past blood connections because she knows it makes her a hypocrite and all but she said past experiences are hard to erase.”

Reid shook his head clenching his jaw painfully, “They all need to learn that you and Alex are your own people you have minds of your own. Just because your parents made mistakes doesn’t mean you are going to. We are loyal to each other not some power hungry war lord.”

“I know and I think she is starting to see that as well, she is fond of Cory and Jasmine.” Liz snickered.

“She hasn’t met Louise obviously that girl can charm anyone.” Reid snickered.

“Not yet but she will love her as well since she is like the magical version of Maria.”

“I have to meet this Maria girl she sounds interesting for a muggle.”

Liz nodded, “She is great.” Liz let out a small yawn as her body started to slump over in bed.

“Get some rest Black; mom will be here shortly to give you your afternoon potions.” Reid whispered helping her lay down.

“But my tummy no longer hurts.” She whined.

“But it is still damaged, your liver, spleen, left kidney and small intestine are still badly damaged Liz. The potions are the only thing keeping you alive.” Reid reminded her softly.

She groaned nodding her head lethargically, “I know but I still hate it.”

Reid kissed the crown of her head before he left the room closing the guest bedroom door softly behind him. He hooked a right and went into his room where Tyler Simms was waiting on his couch off to the side. “So the others still are coming over today?” Reid asked and Tyler nodded.

“I plan on asking Liz for a little help this afternoon after she takes her potions.” Tyler said and Reid nodded.

“You are a devious one Tyler Simms but it is for a good cause.” Reid laughed softly.

“Anything to hook her and Caleb up finally I think they are the only ones who don’t realize how perfect they are for each other.” Tyler snorted throwing the stuffed ball he was holding at the basketball rim on the back of Reid’s door.

“Well you know what they say, love is blind and all that shit.” Reid chuckled.

“Think she will still go along with it?” Tyler asked.

“It’s Liz of course she will; she thinks you are totally in love and will do anything to see you happy. She is a little too selfless at times.”

“Something we will have to work on with her.” Tyler agreed.

“When is your dad going to start his sessions with Liz?” Reid asked laughing at the look on Tyler’s face.

“Next week, he wants her insides a little more healed before he begins to work on her head.” Tyler huffed.

“I can’t believe your dad is going to shrink our friend.”

“He is thrilled at having the chance to dive into the mind of a child raised by a muggle and wizard and seeing the ramifications and psychological damage that has been done to her because of her parents repressing her true nature.” Tyler snorted rolling his blue eyes.

“Your dad talking about it at the dinner table again?”

“Yeah, mom said that he is just excited to be helping out a friend of mine but I know it is just a unique patient that has him salivating.” Tyler said.

“My mom loves having her here and all, dad said it is that whole maternal instinct thing or nesting or whatever the hell it is.”

“He is blaming her pampering on her being pregnant?” Tyler asked and Reid nodded.

“Way I see mom doesn’t care much because Liz is just another Garwin kid to her, Merlin knows there are enough of us.” Reid grumbled.

“Your sister starting at Salem this year?” Tyler asked and Reid nodded looking miserable.

“My months of solitude are going to be ruined.”

“I am so happy mom convinced dad to have my brother so late in life.” Tyler laughed, “That way the two of us will never be at school together.”

“Don’t rub it in.” Reid whined.

“Looks like Caleb and Pogue are the lucky ones.” Tyler snickered.

“Pogue said his mom is pestering his dad about having a baby, so maybe Caleb is the lucky one.”

“Well Pogue doesn’t have one yet.” Tyler pointed out.

“Dude Pogue has to hear his mom beg for a baby that is so wrong.” Reid grumbled.

“Well now Liz is going to know what our lives are like.” Tyler snickered.

“No,” Reid scowled, “We know our parents love us she doesn’t exactly have that guarantee. To Liz a new sibling means being shunted to the side not someone to play with and tease.”

“Well I know her dad loves her I read that much from him, but he doesn’t have his priorities straight. The new baby will have two parents to look after it while Liz only has one and Jeff Parker needs to realize that the baby has Nancy, Liz needs him.”

“I still like the idea of my mom adopting Liz the best.” Reid huffed.

“Pogue would rather his parents adopt her, I think he is hoping that having a girl around would dissuade his mother from wanting another kid.”

Reid shrugged, “Might work.” He picked up the stuffed ball off the ground and tossed it back and forth with Tyler. “So what all do you have planned for our so very innocent Liz?”

“You forget I am pretty much on the same page as her. I know that this is to get her with Caleb but there is no harm in practicing with my best friend, at least I know she will give me honest feedback.”

“Practice for what?” Reid asked.

“For when I get the girl, I don’t want to be an inexperienced mess.”

Reid dropped the ball his face flushed pink, “You are not going to have sex with Liz.” He hissed.

Tyler sat looking horrified and insulted, “Of course not I have more respect for her than that I am not going to use her! The point is to get her with Caleb not practice having sex with her. I meant practice kissing and being close with a girl. In case you hadn’t noticed Reid the only woman in my life before I met the girls was my mother.”

“Yeah not exactly like you can practice kissing with her.” Reid chuckled.

Reid and Tyler stayed in Reid’s room the rest of the morning until Anna Garwin gave Liz her afternoon potions. Liz would get a second wind half an hour after she took the potions that would usually last for two to three hours. They could hear Liz showering in the connected bathroom and then her soft footfalls as she made her way back to bed. Reid checked the clock and chucked a sock ball at Tyler’s head.

“If you are planning on practicing you might want to get in there the others should be here in fifteen.”

“Not a lot of time.” Tyler whispered.

Reid laughed at his friend, “When you get into it that is plenty of time. Besides I am right next door I do not want to hear grunting and moaning so fifteen is perfect.”

“Well if you will excuse me, Liz and I need fifteen minutes of uninterrupted practice time.”

“Sounds so clinical.” Reid laughed.

“Sounds fun.” Tyler corrected before he walked through the bathroom and knocked on Liz’s door.

“Come on in.” She croaked setting down her summer homework grinning when she saw it was Tyler. “Hey you, what’s up?”

“The others are going to be here soon and I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind putting that little plan of ours into action?” Tyler asked giving her his best puppy dog look.

“Wow you really want to make her jealous.” Liz sighed.

“I really like her and I know she is jealous of the time I have been spending with you.” Tyler laughed sitting down next to her.

Liz fidgeted nervously, “I know this is for a good cause and all but I can’t help but be nervous.”

“Liz it’s just me.” He pointed out.

“True,” she nodded “It’s just I have never kissed someone so I don’t know how real this is going to look.” Liz said her pale face turning a soft pink.

Tyler gave her one of his devilish grins, “Well then we are just going to have to practice after all the more real looking the better. Besides I haven’t kissed anyone either.” He pointed out.

Liz laughed, “Okay so where do we start?”

“Oh Merlin just kiss her already!” Reid yelled startling the two witches on the bed.

“Reid!” Liz groaned her hands flying to her face.

“Fine I will kiss her!” Tyler growled pulling her hands away from her face as he gingerly pulled her to him taking her by surprise when his lips met hers. She stared at him through wide eyes as his lips moved on hers; it took seconds before she finally realized what was happening. Her eyes fluttered closed as she responded to him surprised at the soft warmth of his lips, a slight orange tang to his lips that pulled her deeper as if she needed to taste more of him. She felt his hands tangle in her long brown locks her hands found their way to his waist unconsciously trying to bring him closer to her.

Neither of them heard the front door open nor the pounding of numerous footsteps on the steps. Pogue opened the door holding a bear for Liz as Caleb and Serena pushed in behind him grins on their faces as the others waited out in the hall. Caleb gasped at the sight of his best friend practically mauling Liz. “Looks like Tyler’s giving Liz his own brand o medicine.” Serena giggled.

Tyler and Liz froze on the bed before the pushed away from each other their faces flushed and chests heaving. Liz wouldn’t meet anyone’s eyes as a laughing Pogue and Serena moved towards them the others trickling in as well pushing past a frozen Caleb. “So Liz how ya feeling?” Pogue asked pushing Tyler off the bed and onto the floor as he bounced up and down on the bed jerking Liz about.

“Obviously she is feelin good if she is sucking the face off Simms.” Serena giggled as Liz blushed a soft shade of pink.

“I am feeling better but I am not allowed to leave the house yet, Anna would murder me and have Ryan dig the grave the muggle way as punishment for not watching me.” Liz mumbled.

“And no doubt make me help.” Reid groaned before he turned to Liz, “Don’t leave the house or this room whatever you do.”

“Not until I am allowed.” Liz agreed squeezing his hand before a slightly worried look came over her. “Although even when I am better I don’t want to leave this room, I think Ryan and Anna will recruit me to babysit.” She shuddered at the thought.

“Hey my siblings aren’t that bad.” Reid grunted.

“They tied you to the banister this morning and it took an hour for your dad to undo it, with magic.” Liz pointed out.

Pogue raised an eyebrow at his friend who ducked his head bashfully, “They used accidental magic to make the bindings stick but I am not sure how much of it was accidental.” He grumbled.

The friends spent the rest of the afternoon catching up and cheering Liz up, Caleb staying to the fringe watching Liz though sad brown eyes. There was something different in his eyes something strong as he stared at Liz. Pogue noticed the difference and smirked, he was going to have to talk to his friend later, he knew what that change was. After a little over an hour Liz’s form started slumping over and the others bid her goodbye.

“So did you all hear we are getting a new Charms professor this year?” Jasmine asked bouncing on the balls of her feet slightly as they stood in the foyer.

“Why?” Caleb asked through narrowed eyes, “Professor Cook wasn’t ready to retire.”

“Youz didn’t hear?” Serena asked looking nervously at the others.

“Obviously not.” Caleb growled, “Why is he being replaced he was a great teacher.”

“He died Caleb, three days ago.” Pogue whispered.

“How?” He gasped.

“They don’t know yet they just keep saying it was from unnatural causes. Krane didn’t waste time though and hired a new professor, Dillings.” Reid filled in.

Cory’s brow furrowed slightly as he and the others headed out of the house. Louise looked at her friend a worried expression taking over her, “Cory what’s wrong?” She asked softly.

“Nothing,” He said giving her a weak smile, “Just thought of something but it’s probably wrong.” He said.

“Okay…”

“Listen I have to get going, I will see you all later.” Cory said before he rushed away quickly thanks to his mark. Louise looked troubled as she stared at the place her friend had just been standing.

“Louise?” Caleb asked softly, “Something wrong?”

“It’s just a feeling Caleb, you remember the one I was telling you about?” She asked and he nodded clenching his fists at his side as he chanced a nervous glance at the others laughing a few paces away.

“It is growing stronger almost like it has been solidified now. Caleb it is like this dark future I am seeing has somehow gotten to the point of nothing being able to stop it.”

“Do you know what it is yet?” He asked softly.

She shook her head her blonde curls bouncing about, “No but something my mother said has me worried. I told her about this cloud I saw out the window in my dream it was this large skull with a snack slithering out of its mouth. Caleb my mom said it is the dark mark, His mark, Caleb my gut is telling me that whatever bad thing that is coming our way has something to do with the Dark Lord.”

“So you guys in?” Alex asked bringing the two friends back into the conversation.

“What?” Caleb asked.

“My mom is hosting the summer solstice this year, you guys coming?” Reid asked.

“Why is she hosting it?” Caleb asked shooting Tyler a look, his family usually held it.

“Because Liz is here and our moms felt it would be better to have her here where she could rest and celebrate.” Reid explained.

“I’m in.” Louise giggled still looking worried.

“Me too.”

“Great,” Alex cackled, “I will owl Cory later and let him know.”

A few states over in Holland, Michigan Cory arrived home a panicked expression on his youthful face. “It can’t be.” He sobbed looking ill.

“Cory?” His sister called softly when she saw her brother enter through the front room. “You alright?” She asked.

“Amanda why does the name Dillings sound so familiar?” he asked.

A pensive look came over her ivory face as she twirled a strand of her ebony hair. “Dillings, Dillings…oh wait I know he was an auror back in the day. He was let go though after several suspicious incidents started cropping up.”

“Like what?” He asked grimacing at the thought.

“Well a lot of people that shouldn’t have ended up dead did, and then there was the whole people thought he was a dark wizard and all that junk.”

“Really?” Cory asked and his sister nodded.

“Yeah back in the UK they strongly suspected he was in league with You Know Who.” His sister whispered her eyes darting nervously about as if she felt the walls were going to jump out and kill her for even thinking about the dark wizard.

“Then how have I heard of him?” Cory mumbled.

“Mum silly, they are fourth cousins it was a huge deal. She is really nervous about him being here in the States now she is afraid he is going to try and stir up trouble. She is crazy if you ask me, this is America we don’t have wars here.”

“Amanda, he is my new Defense against the Dark Arts professor.” Cory whispered.

His sister froze worry flashing across her face briefly before her social mask pulled firm over her emotions; Cory knew then that something was wrong. “Nothing to worry about Cory I am sure that all that stuff in Europe was just a bunch of old fools being superstitious.”

Evelyn Danvers sat in her sitting room sipping yet another glass of scotch welcoming the familiar warm burn as it trickled down her throat creating a sweet warmth in her belly. Pictures surrounded her pictures were all she had left. Her James was dead for a few years now, her son’s friends many of them were long dead as well having died too young. Her dark brown eyes flickered to the first of the friends to go he was too young, just thirteen.

“What is taking him so long?” Sarah huffed from across the room, “When is he coming back?”

Evelyn didn’t meet the girl’s gaze hate and sadness rising in her. “He isn’t coming back child.”

Sara froze in her seat, “What?” She gasped, “How can you say that?”

“Because I know my son, he might have forgotten his priorities there for awhile but he has them set now. It is too late but there they are.” She grunted taking a larger sip of her drink hoping to numb herself faster. “Once they go, he will follow he can’t be separated from them.”

“Who?” Sarah asked her eyes betraying her fear.

“His friends, his family, what happens to one is felt by all what happens to one happens to all.”

June went by quicker than the group had anticipated even Liz who was stuck inside all day felt the month fly by. The summer solstice was starting that night and people were scurrying around the Garwin manner as if a dragon were after them getting ready for the party. Liz offered to help and Anna reluctantly let her only letting Liz cook the food as long as she promised to go and lay down if she started to feel off.

“My, oh my, what is that delicious smell?” Reid asked jogging into the kitchen his girlfriend trailing after him.

“Food.” Liz giggled as Reid’s eleven year old sister snickered beside her.

“What kind, it smells great?” He asked.

“Cajun shrimp scampi, lime chicken with black bean sauce, crawfish, pork boudin, quail with spice ala Liz, and the rest you can probably figure out.”

“She even made hamburgers for us.” Reid’s sister giggled.

“Lizzie you are too good for us.” Reid groaned.

“Mom said this is going to be the best food ever, the crawfish taste awesome Reid.”

Reid’s girlfriend gave Liz a small smile having spent more time with her since she was living with Reid. “How do you eat them?” She asked bashfully.

“It is icky but worth it.” Liz said pulling two out of the pot handing one to the girl. “Bite off the tip of the head like this,” Liz demonstrated, “Squeeze and suck and there you go.” Liz said humming at the great taste. Reid’s girlfriend did as instructed and moaned at the taste.

“Wow that is good.”

“I can’t wait to see Louise eat this.” Reid laughed.

“She won’t.” Liz hummed.

“How do you know?” Reid’s sister asked.

“Because Louise is allergic to shellfish.” Liz snickered.

“Oh.” The Garwin siblings grunted.

“Well Liz do you need any help?” Reid’s girlfriend asked and Liz shook her head smiling.

“No thanks go have fun and stay away from Ryan he is a nervous wreck.” Liz giggled.

“Thanks for the warning.” Reid sighed.

A few states over in Michigan Cory was slipping on his dress robes for the solstice party that would begin at ten that night at the Garwin home. A noise outside his window made him jump as he dropped his comb onto the floor with a clang.

“Get over it Cory there is nothing there.” He muttered picking up the fallen comb as he went to his mirror.

“Part it to the left dear.” The mirror instructed.

“Thank you.” Cory said moving to do what the mirror said.

A creek of the wood floor in the other room gave him pause again. This time he knew he was not imagining things there was someone there and he knew it wasn’t a family member they would have announced themselves already. “Hello, who is there?” Cory called not really wanting to know the answer to that.

“Hello there.” An English voice greeted Cory along with a now familiar face.

“You,” Cory breathed.

“Yes I thought you would recognize me which is why unfortunately I must do this.”

“Do what?” Cory asked backing away slowly as the large blonde man advanced into his room.

“Avada Kedavra!” the man yelled as a jet of green light raced towards Cory striking the teen in the chest as he let out a scream of pain and terror. The boy fell to the floor like a sack of potatoes his face contorted in pain. “Sorry boy, it had to be done. My master willed it.” The man whispered before he left the house.

In Ipswich the group froze Liz jerked away from the stove her face loosing all color. “Liz?” Reid’s sister called.

Liz let out a pained scream as she fell to the floor clutching her arm to her chest as she curled into a ball scream after scream ripping from her throat. Outside Reid dropped the lights much to his mother’s anger which quickly turned to fear as she watched her oldest son fall to the ground screaming in pain, Liz’s screams echoing from in the house.

“Cory!” Reid roared as Anna rushed to her son her husband rushing inside to Liz.

“Reid, Reid what is it?” His mother begged as she pulled out her wand.

“Cory,” He groaned before he ceased all movement his eyes rolling into the back of his skull.
Last edited by Ansleyrocks on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.12 pg.12 2-22-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part! Thanks...

AvalonRose
garcis88
DollyF
behrstars
pandas2001- Nancy's baby will be brought up in the next part, you will see what happens :twisted: and Jeff does not know what has happened to his daughter yet in the future but he will soon and then the fun really begins.

Maiqu
elfangel01

Part 13: The Dark Summer IV

They would always remember that summer and the solstice; it was the first time evil truly touched them. Pain radiated through their bodies for weeks as their connection adjusted to the death of one of their own. It was as if there was a void inside them where something should have been but only pain remained.

Professor’s Prince and Plank were called back from holiday with many other staff members of Salem at the news of young Cory’s death. Headmaster Krane dispatched the two professors to the Danvers home in Ipswich where they could question the students connected to Cory through a blood ritual in secret. Something was wrong they could feel it; they knew that the unfortunate student knew something and had died because of it and the professors were crazed to figure it out.

“What do you remember?” Heidi asked Liz as the two sat in the red sitting room.

Liz rubbed her wrist as a pained look gripped her, “I could hear him screaming.” Liz admitted reluctantly.

Heidi seemed to sense the girl’s reluctance to share, “Miss Parker the ministry already knows of your covenant if that is what you are worried about. Please I need to know any and all information that you have.”

Fear flashed in her dark eyes momentarily as she bit her bottom lip. “Before I passed out as I was falling I saw a flash of green light and I felt as if I had been kicked in the chest and I could have sworn I hear d something…”

Heidi made sure her features were neutral hiding the raging fear building in her chest. “What did you hear Liz?” She asked almost afraid of the answer.

“I heard a man’s voice and I could have sworn he said something like ‘Aveno Kavada’ or something like that,” Liz said.

Heidi gripped the plush red armrest tightly in her fist as she tried to control her breathing. “Liz was it Avada Kadavra?” She asked.

Liz nodded slowly, “Yeah that’s it, why what is it and is it important?”

“Very,” She whispered clearly unsure if she should tell the girl what the spell was or not. “Liz what you heard is called the killing curse one of the three unforgivable curses that will land you a life sentence in Azkaban.”

“Like my mother.” Liz whispered and Heidi nodded as Liz’s breath hitched in her throat. “A killing curse, so you mean I heard one of my best friend’s die?” Liz closed her brown doe eyes to prevent the tears pooling in her eyes from falling.

“Yes the green light you saw is a product of the curse it is a green jet that strikes the person in the chest and kills them instantly.”

“Was he in pain, wait stupid question of course he was in pain I felt it, I still feel it.” Liz whimpered rubbing her wrist before she pressed it to her chest.

“A rather nasty side effect of the binding.”

“Are we always going to feel this pain?” Liz asked.

Heidi shook her head giving her pupil a weak smile, “No it will fade but since such a powerful spell was used you are felling longer lasting side effects. Something traumatic happened and your connection is hanging onto it as a reminder of sorts since part of the spell and effects of the spell are all you have left of Cory.” Heidi could sense that Liz was done and could take no more questioning so she quietly excused herself to go meet her colleague in the library.

She walked into the quiet room and saw Plank leaning over in his chair his head in his hands an oddly defeated gesture so unusual for the cross man. “They felt is and saw their friend die.” He whispered when he sensed her standing there. “They will forever have that void now; no one should feel that least of all a bunch of children.”

“They all seem to agree on what they saw but Liz heard something besides senseless screaming something that explains the green light they saw.”

Plank looked up at her finally with pained eyes, “please tell me she didn’t hear what I think she did.”

“She heard the spell, the killing curse. They are lucky that the connection they share only lets them feel physical ghosts of side effects, if the connection was stronger I fear…”

Plank nodded grimly, “they would be dead.”

“Did any of the boys give you any hints as to who could have done this?” She asked and he shook his head miserably.

“No, but I have a feeling Danvers knows more than he is letting on. He seemed frightened of something.”

“I got the same from Louise, there was something in her eyes, she looked almost haunted as if Cory’s death was somehow her fault/

Liz left the sitting room when she felt under control and she slowly made her way up the stairs up to Caleb’s room where the others were. She opened the heavy door slowly letting light spill into the darkened room, her friends just sitting around staring lifelessly ahead.

“Someone used the killing curse on Cory.” Liz whispered the sound seeming deafening in the still room.

“We had our suspicions,” Pogue croaked moving over on the couch so she could sit between him and Tyler.

“This is my entire fault,” Louise rasped out against Alex’s shoulder.

“You didn’t kill him therefore it is not your fault.” Alex sighed.

“Not but it is. Before school left out I had a dream and it warned of danger coming and that one of us was in danger, I should have warned you all maybe then Cory would have been on the lookout and he would be here right now.”

Caleb shook his head at her, “Louise there was no way to know. I heard what you saw it was too vague there was no way to know who was in danger and from what.”

“You knew she had a vision?” Reid grumbled.

“Yes but it wouldn’t have helped it was unclear.”

“Besides even if Cory did know there was no way he stood a chance against the person who came after him. You have to be powerful in order to use a spell like the killing curse there would be no way Cory or any of us for that matter would be able to fight someone like that.”

“Who would want to hurt Cory though?” Alex asked, “He wasn’t involved in anything dangerous and neither was his family.”

“There had to be a reason Alex there is always a reason. Maybe he saw or knew something he wasn’t supposed to.” Tyler whispered, “There is always a reason.”

“Our professors will figure it out they have to.” Jasmine huffed, “And when they do I say we kill them, you know eye for an eye life for a life.”

“Sounds great in theory but how are wez gonna be able to kill someone who is strong enough and has a strong enough intent to use an unforgiveable?” Pogue asked.

“No one ever said it had to be right away.” Liz pointed out, “All we have to do is wait for the right time.”

Two days later the Witch Daily reported that the ministry had officially begun an investigation into Cory’s suspicious death, a little late if you asked the students and staff of Salem who were now worried. The death of two students in so many years from the same curse was enough to keep them on edge. Headmaster Krane was furious that he had let tow of his students be murdered even if one of them was not at his school.

Krane looked deep into the red embers of the fire in his hearth, only his most trusted in the room. “We are on our own in this,” He whispered his voice barely audible over the crackle of the fire but the other three had heard him.

“What about Dumbledore he would…” Krane cut Tinka off with a sour look.

“Keep information from us and use us for his gain. The old man has his own agenda and he cares nothing for the safety of our students, all he can see is a way to trap Voldemort.”

“He is obsessive to a fault I fear it will be the capture of Grindwald all over again. My mum told me all about what he was like back then how he would use any means necessary to capture his childhood friend.” Heidi grumbled pouting in her chair.

“This time will be no different. I had Evelyn Danvers check the wards Dumbledore and his colleagues set up around Salem.” Krane admitted softly.

“Was something wrong with them as we suspected?” Plank asked and Krane nodded stiffly.

“She found that the new wards offered no new protection at all they all set up wards that would alert them to the Dark Lord’s presence should he show up again. They also set up a spell detector of sorts tracking all the spells used on the property.”

Heidi Prince let out a sad laugh,” He is trying to see how much ‘dark’ magic is used the old fool. He never could see past his narrow minded beliefs.”

“Evelyn Danvers and Nick Carrow removed their wards and added some to the school. I should have just gone to them in the first place. I know better than to ask for his help.” Krane grumbled.

“I take it we are blocking them out from here on out.” Plank said and Krane nodded.

“We are Salem staff, we stick together and we solve our own problems. We don’t need Dumbledore and his incompetent staff messing us up.”

Maria sat facing Mr. Parker at the counter the lines around his face more drawn in his vigilance. “What do you mean they went off to war?” Kyle asked stepping up behind Maria clasping her hand tightly in his own.

“There is so much to tell you, Liz…” Jeff sucked in a shaky breath as his eyes flickered to the clock. “Liz made me swear I would tell you the truth if something happened to them, she didn’t want her best friends thinking she just up and disappeared on them.”

“Come on her Mr. Parker you are scaring us.” Kyle grumbled as the aliens shifted nervously in their booth.

“My daughter and Alex are not exactly human…” Jeff whispered letting out a sigh when he heard the aliens gasp in shock. He knew what they were any good wizard would have figured it out but he was still struck stupid that they didn’t see the potential power right in front of them in their friends Liz and Alex.

“My daughter’s biological mother…”

“Bellatrix,” Maria whispered and Jeff nodded.

“Bellatrix Lestrange was not a kind woman by any means she was crazed and obsessive with her causes at the expense of those around her, unfortunately Liz is now paying for that.”

“If Liz isn’t human what is she?” Kyle asked silently praying that he wasn’t going to say alien he didn’t know if he could take another one of us friends being an alien.

“Liz and Alex are wizards, or a witch and wizard to be precise. Alex like my daughter has had to deal with a parent that was obsessive about his causes, his father was Liz’s mother’s cousin if that makes any sense. Only later did we find out that his father Sirius Black was actually innocent and by then it was too late he had missed almost all of his son’s childhood.”

“Wait a minute magic isn’t real.” Michael grunted.

“Says the alien.” Jeff said raising an eyebrow at the teen watching as the four in the booth stiffened shooting him a dangerous look. His eyes flickered to Tess watching as her nose started to scrunch. “Don’t even try to mess with my mind kid my ex was far more skilled at it then you are, you have no effect on me. Don’t waste the energy.”

“How did you know that she was doing that?” Isabel asked fearfully.

“Like I said my ex was skilled at messing with people’s minds something that my darling daughter seems to have taken from her or her snake of an uncle I haven’t decided which one it is yet. I have known you were aliens since I first met you as children it is easy for my kind to pick up on I can sense energy and magical traces.”

“So you knew all along.” Max whispered and Jeff nodded.

“My mother knew as well she always thought it was funny. See your cores are very similar to those of magical cores which is why I always assumed that you all were just advanced humans since that is what witches and wizards are on this planet we are merely an evolutionary blip.”

“Not that this all isn’t fascinating but back to that war thing that my friends are in.” Maria hissed.

“Like I said before Liz’s mother was obsessive about her causes and the cause that got her thrown in a special prison was her Death Eater cause, she was a member of the inner circle of one of the most loathed and feared men in our world; the Dark Lord. They were what our kind call blood purists all magic blood was what they strived for.”

“What?” Kyle asked summing up the rest of the café’s sentiments exactly.

“Purebloods are people who come from all magic families like Liz and Alex who have two magical parents and come from long lines of magical heritage. There are some magical people who are born to non magic parents and they are called muggle born or there are those born to half families of half magic half muggle. The Dark Lord and his Death Eater followers were against half breeds and muggle born magical beings participating in their world, they often felt that they did not understand our world and I can honestly say that in some cases I agree with them, but never enough to join like my darling Bellatrix.” Jeff grumbled.

“Not sensing a lot of love for the ex Mr. Parker.” Kyle said.

“That obvious?” Jeff grumbled. “She was a nightmare honestly and that was half her appeal. Liz unfortunately inherited a lot of her mother’s less desirable personality traits the Black family traits. She is deeply passionate, fiercely loyal, and willing to bind herself to someone who doesn’t deserve her loyalty.”

“Who did she bind herself to?” Max asked softly.

“Her and her friends were foolish when they were younger and bound themselves together by blood for eternity. Other than that she bonded herself to Caleb Danvers someone I wish she had never met.” Jeff spat.

Liz stood at the front entrance of the Garwin home with her bags at her feet ready to go home. Doctor Simms had given her the okay that her core and mind were stable enough to tolerate being at home with her parents again and Liz was actually looking forward to getting home to her bed and seeing Maria.

Reid was going to come with her as well as Caleb the two of them still unsure about her return home. Caleb didn’t want her to be physically so far away from him while Reid wanted the only sane person in his home to stay with him; his siblings seemed to feel the same as they practically ganged up on her begging Liz to stay with them. Reid had even gone as far as to beg his parents to adopt Liz citing that they already had so many children one more wouldn’t hurt.

“Do you really have to go?” Emily Reid’s eleven year old sister asked hugging Liz’s middle tightly. “I really loved having you here; you kept Reid out of my hair.”

“No that was his girlfriend.” Liz snickered.

“Well she wasn’t around here as much with you around and for that I thank you. There is nothing worse than seeing your brother with his mouth attached to something so unnaturally.”

Reid turned to glare at his sister but she just shot him a silly grin. “Scram squirt.” He grunted.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah I am going. Come back to visit at least Liz I am going to miss you until school starts.”

Liz nodded giving her a small smile. “I promise I will.”

The others pulled Liz away from the boys for a moment giving Reid his chance. “So you finally going to do it?” Reid asked grinning weakly at his friend it seemed as though none of them could form a full smile anymore.

“Do what?” Caleb asked staring after Liz.

“Ask her out now that you are a free man.”

“How did you…”

Reid chuckled at his friend’s floundering look. “My girlfriend is your ex’s best friend she told me that you two broke up right before the solstice. What I and well pretty much everyone else want to know is when you are going to ask Liz out.”

“She is with Tyler.” Caleb sighed.

“No she isn’t the two of them were just messing around a bit, Tyler has a thing for Louise.”

“He was using Liz?” Caleb growled and Reid shook his head.

“No he was trying to make you realize how bad you have it for Liz and apparently it worked since you dropped the other girl when you saw him pawing all over Liz.” Reid pointed out.

“Alright that kinda bugged me, but I don’t think she likes me the way I like her.” Caleb sighed.

“I wouldn’t be too sure of that. Just talk to her and see what she has to say I think her response to you might surprise you.” Reid laughed.

“All right I will talk to her later today, happy?”

“Delighted.”

“Alright let’s go before Emily and Abby can tie me up.” Liz said grabbing one of her bags while Caleb and Reid each grabbed one. “I swear I don’t know how I ended up with all of these bags.” Liz muttered, “I only had one to start off with.”

Reid snickered and Caleb pressed his lips tightly trying not to laugh. “Pogue’s mom might have gone out and bought you a few things while you were sleeping. She always wanted a little girl and you have her a perfect excuse to spoil someone.” Reid laughed.

“Your being asleep helped a lot.” Caleb agreed.

“Alright let’s get me back to Roswell. Maria already is planning on griping at me for hours because I wasn’t there for her when I said I was going to be home.”

The familiar pull they felt from their marks signaled their departure and when Liz gained her bearings she realized she was in the alley behind the café. “Convenient,” She muttered.

“Let’s go Black these bags weigh a hippogriff.” Reid groaned. Liz rolled her eyes but opened the back door and tromped up the stairs to the apartment where she fished out her key heading inside. The delicious scent of apples and honey meeting her, she was home.

“Mom, dad I am home!” Liz called motioning for Reid and Caleb to set her bags down.

Nancy rushed out of her bedroom when she heard her daughter happy tears coming to her eyes. “Oh Lizzie,” She breathed before pulling the girl into a tight hug. “I missed you so much.” Nancy sighed.

“Missed you too.” Liz said giving her a small smile. Taking a deep breath Liz steeled herself for her next question, “How is the baby? Everything going fine?” Liz asked trying to make an effort and Nancy seemed to suggest that.

“As well as can be expected I am a bit up in my years.” Nancy sighed.

“No you’re not. My mom is around your age and still popping them out. The woman is a machine.” Reid grumbled.

Nancy shot her daughter a confused look, “Reid’s mom is pregnant again. He is looking to pawn this one off on another family he already offered it up to Caleb’s mom, Pogue’s mom, and even Tyler’s mom. He even begged me to take it away.”

“Yeah well mom says it is another girl.” Reid huffed rolling his blue eyes, “I was hoping for a boy, I only have two brothers.” He muttered.

“Another boy would have been nice.” Caleb agreed grinning at his friend. “Mom thought it was funny that you cried when you learned it was another girl.”

“You are not surrounded by women all the time Danvers. My father, brothers and I are at our wits end. I mean everywhere we look there are ribbons and dolls and issues of Witch Weekly and Spells for the Enchantress all over. For once I would like to see miniature wizard sets playing out a battle or a small Quiditch set but no the girls all have to take over.”

“Well Liz we have to get going my mom wants me to go with her to Salem to test out the new wards she and Mr. Carrow put up. They have tested them against adults but not against us students especially one with our bond so they want to see how the school is going to react.” Caleb said as Reid pulled Liz into a hug.

“I am going to miss having you right in the room next door Lizzie.” Reid sighed.

“Same here.” She giggled.

Caleb pulled her into a hug next and leaned close to her ear where her mother couldn’t hear. “I will stop by later tonight, leave your window open for me.”

Liz’s cheeks tinged red slightly but she nodded anyway. Her reaction startled Caleb it was as if she were excited and embarrassed at the same time. He looked to Reid and saw him grinning at them.

“We’ll see ya.” Caleb said before the two disappeared from the Parker apartment.

Nancy looked at her daughter a small smile tugging on her lips. “So Caleb is planning on sneaking into your room tonight?”

Liz flushed bright red, “Well be careful and make sure the two of you keep your voices down we wouldn’t want your father to know he was in your room so late at night he might get the wrong idea.” Nancy said winking at her daughter before she went into the kitchen.

“Maria is downstairs in the café with Kyle and Alex if you want go and see them baby girl.” Nancy laughed as Liz’s eyes brightened slightly.

“Thanks.” Liz called before she dashed down the stairs.

Liz stopped when she saw her friends in a booth in the back sipping shakes laughing together. Alex’s eyes held a distinct sadness she was all too familiar with, an almost haunted look about him. “Liz!” Maria squealed as she pushed Kyle over as she bolted out of the booth and at her friend.

“It is so good to see you, how are you feeling? I am so sorry about your friend. Alex has taken it pretty hard.” Maria whispered hugging her friend tightly.

“I am doing better but it still hurts knowing I am never going to see Corry again. He was a good friend you would have liked him a lot Maria, he is…was a lot like Alex.” Liz sighed.

Maria seemed to sense how hard this was for her as she pulled her towards the booth. “I know just the thing to help you my darling Lizzie, one blood of alien smoothie with extra blood.” Maria said going over to the counter to place the order with Becky one of the cool waitresses.

“Sounds great,” Liz agreed.

“Hey Liz,” Alex greeted softly as Kyle slung his arm around her shoulders giving her a half hug before he went back to his shake. “Surprised Caleb, Reid, Tyler and Pogue let you out of their sight.”

“They have just been extra cautious after what happened.” Liz whispered. To Kyle is sounded as if they were speaking of Corry’s death but Alex knew that she meant her magical melt down. “Tyler and Pogue of course felt better after Doctor Garwin said I was dealing much better.”

“You all took his death hard huh?” Kyle asked, “Sorry you lost him.”

“Louise is taking it the worst but thanks. She is very sensitive and close to Corry, his death was sudden and she is taking it hard.”

The three sulked for a bit until Maria came back with Liz’s shake. “Alright happier subject guys, Liz and Alex need a break from emotional stress.” Maria scolded.

“So Liz, Alex here tells me he walked in on you and some boy going at it this summer.” Maria laughed as Liz choked on her shake.

“Alex!” Liz screeched her hands flying to her face to cover her embarrassment. “It was bad enough having Reid listening in on us and then all of you walking in. You just had to tell them!”

“So it’s true?” Kyle asked laughing into his shake.

“Yes alright Tyler and I were caught kissing and only kissing.”

“In her bedroom.” Alex snickered, “I thought Caleb and Pogue were going to blow up when they saw you, Tyler’s hands were straying a little too much for their comfort.”

“Oh what was it like?” Maria asked eagerly bouncing in her seat licking her lips in anticipation.

Liz blushed a deep red ducking her head away, “It was nice, and he is a very good kisser.”

“Not surprising.” Alex grumbled, “Those four seem to be good at like everything.”

“I don’t know about the other three but Tyler defiantly does not need help in the kissing department. He was soft yet firm and oh he had this slightly sweet taste about him.”

“Sweet how?” Maria asked ignoring Kyle and Alex’s disgusted looks.

“Sweet like fruit you know how when you bite into a melon the taste just tickles your lips well that was what it was like.” Liz said blushing furiously.

“Wow.” Maria breathed.

“Enough please I am begging you I do not want to barf up my shake.” Kyle begged Alex nodded in agreement.

“Trust me it was worse seeing it in person. Caleb still glares at Tyler whenever he can though.” Alex added smirking at Liz.

“Why?” Kyle asked.

“Because he was jealous.” Alex snickered.

“He was not.” Liz said not meeting his gaze.

“He so was Liz, you should have seen him it was not brotherly protective instincts kicking in it was more of a get the hell off my girl kind of thing.”

“We were only doing it to make Louise jealous.” Liz mumbled.

“It made more than Louise jealous, Caleb was livid.”

“I want to meet this Caleb guy that you two keep talking about he sounds dark and dangerous.” Maria hummed.

“More like dark and brooding, Reid and I timed him once he sat brooding for a whole two hours.” Alex laughed.

“Shut up he as asleep Alex!” Liz hissed.

“His eyes were open.”

“Well he was to sleep with his eyes open with the likes of Reid and Serena running around those two get into more trouble than anyone else on the planet.”

“I have it on good authority that you are right there with them half the time getting into trouble.” Alex laughed softly.

“Hey I never get into trouble.” Liz huffed.

“Yeah and Serena is itching to find out how you do that?” Alex pointed out.

A sad smile tightened the corners of her mouth, “My dad said that it was a Black family trait we always get into the thick of it but never faced the consequences.”

The four friends continued to catch up until Maria, Alex, and Kyle were called home and Liz had to go upstairs for dinner. Dinner was a strained affair as Jeff Parker welcomed his daughter home trying to talk to her and get her to open up. All Liz seemed interested in doing was eating and speaking with Nancy freezing him out. She might have gotten over her left behind syndrome but she still had a hard time dealing with her dad.

“Dinner was great mom, but I am kind of tired so I am going to turn in early.” Liz said taking her plate to the think.

“Alright sweetie, goodnight.” Nancy said a small smile playing on her pale lips.

Liz went into her room and closed the door softly sighing at the sweet silence of her room. “Rough day Black?” Caleb’s deep rumbling voice shook her out of her stupor as a grin came over her.

“You could say that. My dad mentioned at dinner that I was going to visit my mother tomorrow and apparently Alex is going with his mother to visit his dad for like the first time ever. I know Alex has to be freaking out, he might not say it out loud but I know he wants to meet his father.”

“It will be rough you know that. The three of us know how hard it is seeing our parents behind bars the happiness sucked out of them to the point where they look like living skeletons or vampires.” Caleb said as Liz moved to sit next to him on her small twin bed.

“My mom’s voice was what scared me when I was little; it was so raspy and tortured as if she spent all of her time screaming. I didn’t realize until later of course that she really did spend all of her days screaming being haunted by the ghosts of the past. Such a terrible way to live,” Liz whispered.

Liz could sense how tense Caleb was how tense he had been since she entered her room it was as if he were coiled to spring at any moment waiting for something. She grabbed his large hand in her small one holding it tight in her lap as she drew patterns on his warm palm. “What’s on your mind?” She asked softly.

“I guess you could say I have a lot on my mind. Lately I have been seeing things differently realizing things I never did before.”

“Like what?” She asked.

“Like how insanely jealous I was of Tyler.” Caleb said not meeting her gaze.

“Why are you jealous of him?” Liz asked trying to get him to look at her but he wouldn’t meet her gaze.

“Because he was the one kissing you in your room when I wanted it to be me,” He admitted softly finally turning his deep brown eyes on her. Her mouth hung open slightly as she gapped at him.

“What do you mean Caleb?” She asked trying to work through the cotton that had become her mind.

He gave her a small smile, “I like you Liz a lot and when I saw Tyler kissing you when I see Tyler fooling around with you I get insanely jealous because I want to be the one kissing you I want to be the one making you smile like that not my best friend.”

Liz squeezed his hand in hers a small smile coming over her. “Are you trying to tell me that you have the hots for me Danvers?” Liz asked.

“In a manner of speaking yes.”

Liz grinned at him, “About time I have only had a thing for you since I first saw you.” Liz laughed softly.

Caleb gapped at her clearly not expecting her to have said that. “You like me? You have liked me for awhile?”

“Duh, did you really think that Tyler and I were just fooling around so he could tease Louise, no it was to get you to snap out of it and start to notice me although I don’t think Tyler knew that I was aware of that part of the deal he had struck with the others?”

“All of our friends were in on this?” He asked laughing softly.

“Hell yeah they were looking to get the two of us together for awhile now. All we have to do now is wait for Pogue and Serena to finally tell us that they are together.”

“They are together?” Caleb asked his eyebrows shooting into his hairline.

“Have been since about midyear they swore me to secrecy though because they weren’t sure where it was going and didn’t want to make the rest of us feel weird. I can tell you though it was a nightmare seeing the two of them all over each other, if I could I would clean my brain of that image.” Liz said with a slight shudder.

“How come you told me about it?” Caleb asked with a slight grin.

“Because Pogue told me I could the other day.”

“So if you like me and I like you does that mean if I ask you out on a date you would say yes?” Caleb asked.

“Damn straight I would say yes.” She laughed.

“Good, Liz will you go out with me on Friday, dinner and a walk through Ipswich?” He asked pouting at her begging her to say yes.

“As if I could say no to that face, pick me up at six and you got yourself a date Danvers.”

Caleb stayed with Liz for a bit longer the two of them just talking and having a good time enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. When Caleb noticed her eyes starting to droop he gave her a quick peck on the cheek goodnight before he disappeared from her room.

Morning dawned too early for Liz who was used to sleeping in a dark all encompassing room at the Garwin home. Her mother knocked on her door early and told her to get ready that her and her father would be setting off for Azkaban soon. In no time at all Liz found herself on the gloomy island waiting to be led to the area her mother was being held. The witch kept shooting her odd looks as they passed screaming occupant after screaming occupant until they reached the maximum security area where the Black family was held. Liz passed the Lestrange brothers who crawled forward slightly at the sight of her, she passed a gapping Alex and went to the end of the corridor where her raving mother was located.

“Mum,” Liz called softly kneeling down as she watched her mother’s dark hooded eyes bolt open the crazed glassy look even more pronounced now.

“Such power by little one has.” Bellatrix hissed as she crawled to her daughter her eyes focused on her left arm and wrist looking intently at the mark. Bellatrix looked down at her own arm liking the moving dark mark before Liz could move her mother liked her wrist as well. “Both bound to a cause a covenant.”

Liz nodded at her mother, “Yes I am bound to a covenant.” She could see her dad stiffen from the corner of her eye but she ignored it.

“I am bound to the Dark Lord.” Bellatrix said.

“I am bound to my friend’s mother. Danvers, Cornwall, Black, Kinkle, Parry, Garwin, Simms, and Estrana; we have already lost one of our own.” Liz whispered but she could tell her mother had heard her.

“It is the way of a Covenant; those who are powerful are always the first to be targeted in a war. Remember that my Liz, the first are always the ones to be targeted. To be in a Covenant is to be bound to power.”
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.13 pg.12 3-1-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thank you so much for all of your replies I loved reading them! Well this is VERY late due to midterms which have been spread over 3 weeks and I am just now done with them so this is a short part sorry guys. Thank you...

AvalonRose
Maiqu
elfangel01
Twilighteyes
pandas2001
garcia88
behrstars
vanilcoke

Part 14: The Dark Summer V

Friday dawned early for Liz as she tossed and turned the night before anticipating her date with Caleb on Friday night. Liz flew out of her room and into the kitchen startling Nancy who was nursing a cup of tea. “You’re up early.” She hummed at her daughter.

“Too excited to sleep,” Liz giggled.

“Oh that’s right you have a date tonight, have you told your father yet?” Nancy asked watching as guilt flashed in her daughter’s brown eyes. “Thought as much,” Nancy laughed.

“I know he is not crazy about my friends so I really don’t think he would approve of my going out with one of them.” Liz said as she sat down at the kitchen table.

“He might surprise you Liz.”

“When he surprises me it is never in a good way. Besides he is so set in his ways…”

“He is your father Liz you have to tell him.” Nancy reminded her daughter who nodded looking miserable.

“Tell me what?” Jeff asked coming into the apartment smelling of the fry cooker in the café.

“Jeff you might want to sit down.” Nancy said grinning at the doomed look on her husband’s face.

“Oh know what’s happened?” He asked clearly resigned to his fate.

“Your daughter has a date tonight.” Nancy said trying not to smile as his face pulled tightly clearly trying not to yell.

“Please tell me it is not that Pogue boy or Reid anyone but them.” Jeff mumbled as he let his head fall to his hands.

“No I am going out with Caleb tonight.” Liz said trying not to get offended that her father didn’t like Reid and Pogue.

“Danvers?” Jeff asked and Liz nodded.

“Well at least I can scare him.” Jeff mumbled making Liz smile that was as good as a yes from her father.

“Aw he just lets you think that dad.” Liz said before she bounced off to her room to shower. She had a day to kill and she only hoped that a shower would help her calm down.

“Do we have to let her go?” Jeff pouted turning to his wife.

“Yes, she is thirteen Jeff not a little girl anymore. Besides she really likes this boy and I have a feeling her is serious about her.” Nancy said.

“Why couldn’t she have dated someone her own age?” Jeff pouted.

“Jeff you forget you are four years older than I am.” Nancy pointed out.

“Yes but I met you when I was in my twenties not thirteen.”

“Jeff she is growing up you are going to have to start letting her go.” Nancy said kissing the top of his head before she made her way back to her bedroom.

“My little girl isn’t supposed to grow up.” Jeff grumbled.

Maria started at the mention of Caleb Danvers the name stirred up so many memories from her childhood it hurt. He was Liz’s first love, first kiss, and first everything. Caleb Danvers was the reason her friend cried at night and the reason Liz never trusted Max.

“She bound herself to him?” Maria asked color draining from her face. “Well that explains more than I wanted it to.”

“Yes she was tied to him as well as Corry, Serena, Reid, and Louise.” Jeff whispered watching carefully as Kyle and Maria made the connection.

“Mr. P all those people,” Kyle choked looking ill, “They are all dead.”

Liz slinked down to the café after her shower taking her usual place at the counter as the morning rush bustled around her. She needed something to do to keep her busy so she wouldn’t over think that night. “So whatz this I hear bout youz and Danvers goin out tonight?” A familiar voice jarred Liz out of her doodling on an order pad.

Liz looked up and saw Serena sitting next to her at the counter a devilish grin on her pale face. “Caleb and Pogue are like a bunch of girls the way they gossip.” Liz said not meeting her friend’s gaze.

“Howz come I had ta hear about this from Pogue?” Serena asked pretending to be angry.

“Because I had to find out about you two through a closet,” Liz laughed.

“Yeah sorry bout dat we hadn’t really thought about locking da door.” Serena said shrugging her shoulders sheepishly.

“So if Pogue knows I am assuming that Reid and Tyler know as well since the four of them are such chatty Cathy’s.”

“Yeah Reid was the one who called me anyways. He waz all up in my business telling me that youz were gonna be a wreck and boy waz he right. You freakin or somthin?”

“No I am just so excited and okay so I am a little nervous but I can’t help it. I really want tonight to go well.”

“It will az long az youz don’t put all of this pressure on tonight. Just go and be your selfz and have fun. He iz in this for youz Liz.” Serena said.

“Thanks, now what the hell are we going to do because I need you to keep me busy until tonight,” Liz said as she fidgeted in her seat.

“Can do Black.” Serena nodded saluting her friend. “So do youz have your outfit picked out for tonight?”

Liz’s face fell as the color fled her olive cheeks. “No,” She whispered looking fearfully at her best friend.

“Not ta fear Black for Serena iz here. Now there haz ta be a clothing store around here right?”

“Yes but why do we need to go and buy something?”

Serena looked scandalized as she stared at her friend. “Liz this is your first date everything needz ta be perfect and a new outfit iz essential.”

“Let me go tell my dad that we are going out I will be right back.” Liz said as she rushed away. The bell over the door rang and Maria whirled into the café in her usual hysteria. The first thought that flashed in Serena’s mind was ‘Louise’ as she stared at the girl.

“Youz must be Maria Deluca.” Serena said as the blonde girl screeched to a halt and turned a weary eye on her.

“Yes and you are?”

Serena smirked sticking out her hand, “Serena Cornwall Iz go ta school wit Liz and Alex.” Serena said watching as the blonde’s face lit up in recognition.

“Oh you’re Serena!” Maria squealed as she shook the girl’s hand bouncing in place like a hyperactive puppy. “They have told me so much about you it is great to finally meet you. How long are you here for?” Maria asked.

Serena knew that she had to make the human think she had used muggle transportation so she blurted out the first plausible answer that came to her. “Aw my friend Caleb and I flew down ta see Lizzie and Alex and wez will be here for two more dayz.” Serena said as Liz blurred through the back door her small purse clutched in her hand.

“Oh hey Maria I see you have met Serena.” Liz said linking arms with the blonde as Serena smirked at them in that annoying all knowing way.

“So what are you two up to and why does Liz look as if she is about to wet herself?” Maria asked making Serena laugh.

“Shez got a date with Danvers tonight and shez freaking. Maria wez have ta take Liz shopping for an outfit. Poor girl here thought dat she could go on her first date without getting a new outfit.”

“Liz,” Maria hissed looking horrified as Liz kept her eyes glued to the floor. “Good thing she has us looking out for her,” Maria said and Serena nodded in agreement.

“Maria lead the way.” Serena said as she hooked arms with the small brunette dragging her out of the café as they followed Maria who was babbling away about different styles Liz could try and what would look cute on Liz. Maria led them into a boutique off Main Street that had Serena squealing when she saw the storefront.

“Thought you would like it,” Maria said as she grinned at the other girl.

“This does not look like me,” Liz mumbled.

“Black it iz ya. Maria and Iz just gotta work you know mix and match and all dat jazz.”

An hour later the girls were done and dragging Liz back to the CrashDown. “See Liz that wasn’t so bad, with Serena there all you had to do was try outfits on.” Maria laughed as she pushed her friend into a booth.

Serena picked up the menu and pulled a face glancing at Liz who was trying not to laugh. “Yo Black Iz might not be from this world and all but this iz weird what am Iz looking at?” Serena asked.

“My dad went a little crazy with the food names,” Liz laughed as she took Serena’s menu. “Okay so you hungry for a burger or what?”

“Cheese burger wit fries and a coke.”

“Alright,” Liz laughed getting up to place their order with the cook.

“So you keep calling Liz, Black, why?” Maria asked as Liz sat down.

Liz’s eyes widened in panic but Serena kept her cool. “It’s Liz’s full last name, her mom’s last name iz Black so that iz what wez all know her az.” Serena laughed.

“Do you know Liz’s mom?” Maria asked.

“Heard of her from my parents but I never met her. Liz’s mom is legend with the old crowd.”

“She cool?” Maria asked and Serena shook her head slightly but Liz saw and gave her friend a sad smile.

“Maria my mom is not very well liked she did a lot of questionable things in her youth and now that is all people see her for.” Liz whispered her brown eyes staring sadly at the table.

Serena listened to the chatter on about unimportant topics as the fine hairs on the back of her arms started to tingle standing on end. It felt as if someone was watching her it was the same feeling she got when that teacher from Hogwarts was glaring at them. Serena turned slightly in the booth the way her older brother taught her so the action looked natural as she scanned the café. She saw a boy three booths behind them staring hard at them his gaze moving between her and Liz.

“Liz who iz dat guy wit the goody goody looks?” Serena asked watching as Liz’s eyes flickered around the café along with Maria.

Maria grinned when she saw Max Evans staring at Liz again. “Liz, Max Evans is staring at you again.” Maria giggled.

Serena stiffened as she felt the eyes on her again it was as if the amber eyed boy was unhappy with her presence. “Iz don’t like him,” Serena mumbled her eyes meeting Liz’s. “Somethin feelz off wit him.”

“My dad always says that.” Liz laughed her eyes flickering back to Max watching as he quickly looked away. “My mom just said that it is a little boy thing that he will grow out of it.” Serena nodded her head but Liz could tell her friend wasn’t convinced.

Nancy Parker bustled around her kitchen as she listened to the girls giggle and laugh in Liz’s room as they helped her get ready for her date. She could feel how happy her little girl was she practically radiated her feelings in the air. A knock on the door startled Nancy as she glanced at the clock grinning at the time.

Jeff came out of the family room a grim look on his face as Maria scurried out of Liz’s room dying for a chance to see who was taking Liz out. Nancy opened the door and laughed at the nervous look on the handsome boy’s face. “Hi Mrs. Parker,” Caleb said his hands shoved in his pockets nervously not looking at Jeff who was glaring at him.

Maria gaped at the boy in front of her as Liz left her bedroom. “Hey Caleb,” Liz laughed grinning at the way his face lit up when he saw her.

“Liz looking gorgeous as always,” He said grabbing her hand. Jeff looked pained at the gesture turning away slightly.

“You two better go;” Nancy whispered softly, “Before Jeff changes his mind.”

Right when the door closed Maria turned wide eyed to Serena who was trying not to laugh at her. “No wonder Liz was never interested in Max Evans she has her own Greek God.” She squeaked as Serena laughed throwing her head back.

“Don’t let him hear youz say dat it would go ta hiz head.” Serena giggled. “Besides my guy iz way better, same dark look but he haz better hair.”

Jeff turned to Serena looking ill, “If you say you are dating Pogue Parry I will cry.” He grumbled.

Serena raised an eyebrow at Nancy who was giggling into her hand. “Jeff honey I think she is dating him.”

“Well no one iz really supposed to know but Pogue iz like a girl and blabbed to his friends.” Serena grumbled.

“Do your parents know you are seeing that boy?” Jeff asked.

Serena looked horrified at the thought, “No my brother and Iz have a perfect system in place. Az long az wez aren’t in trouble wez don’t tell mom and dad.” Nancy shook her head at her husband; he just didn’t understand teenage girls.

Across Roswell while Liz was out on her date with Caleb, Alex Whitman was holed up in his room staring through glazed eyes at a moving picture of his friends at Reid’s home. Alex watched as Cory’s smiling face turned to wave at him before Jasmine tackled him into the water. They all looked so happy so carefree never knowing the danger that was just around the corner.

Maddie Whitman watched her son as he sulked in his room. No matter what she did or what she tried her son would always end up back in his room alone rubbing his wrist and chest as if he were in pain. She could hear him from her room at night screaming about his friend. She tried to get him to talk about what had happened to Corry but each time she approached the subject he would shut down and quickly leave.

“What do you want mom?” Alex asked startling her.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to disrupt you.” Maddie sighed as she walked into her son’s dark room.

“You didn’t,” He whispered never looking up from the picture.

“Alex honey what is it I can tell that something is wrong please honey you can tell me anything.” She tried as she sat next to her son on the floor. His brown eyes slowly dragged up to look her in the eye the pain and fear in their dark depths had her gasping for breath.

“Mom something is really wrong I can feel it. Ever since Corry was killed I have just had this really bad feeling that someone is after us that none of us are safe.” Alex whispered looking away from her and back at the picture in his hands.

“Alex I am sure that no one is after you,” she tried but his sharp look stopped her cold.

“It is not normal for a thirteen year old boy who has never gotten into trouble to suddenly turn up dead.” Alex snapped.

Maddie bit her lip not knowing how to approach this with her son she had a feeling that no matter what she said it was going to be received badly. “Alex you and your friends are marked, Corry was marked. Even if you all stay out of trouble those marks are beacons for trouble they are like targets painted on your backs telling people to attack you.”

“So you’re saying Corry was asking for it then? Tell me mom why was Corry chosen and not the rest of us?” Alex asked glaring sharply at his mother daring her to answer.

It very well could have been you or one of your friends, why do you think I am so scarred Alex? I know that you are now a target.”

Alex huffed rolling his eyes, “I know what I felt that night mom and I know that whoever was after Corry was specifically after him.” Alex said shaking his head at her letting out a disgusted snort, “You just don’t understand.”

Maddie could sense that her son was no longer going to talk to her as she slowly got up and left him alone in his room on the floor. Her son lived and breathed for his friends just like his father. His life and his choices were frighteningly too familiar for her and there was nothing she could do or say to sway her son from the destructive path he and his friends were on.

The rest of the summer flew by for the Salem students as the pain in their chests became a dull roar and they could see a picture of Corry without breaking down or going into a fit of rage. Liz and Nancy grew closer as Liz pushed Jeff farther away. Doctors had told Nancy she was expecting a little boy and the woman was over the moon.

Nancy Parker watched from the doorway of her daughter’s room as she packed for school. Her plane was scheduled to leave in ten minutes. Jeff had decided the night before that he was going to take Liz to the train station since Maddie was taking Alex.

Liz and Alex seemed anxious to get to school and it pained Nancy to see Liz so eager to leave home. “You all packed sweetie?” Nancy asked as Liz flicked her hair over her shoulders to look at her the faint scent of strawberries tickling her sensitive nose.

“Now I am, I just have to wait for dad now.” Li said as she closed her trunk.

“Liz,” Nancy whispered as she ventured into the room. “I need you to be careful this year at school.” Nancy said her blue eyes tearing up as she stared at the girl.

“I am always careful mom, what brought this on?” Liz asked sitting down next to Nancy on the bed.

“Your father thinks I don’t understand but really I understand more than I let on.” Nancy whispered giving her daughter a sad smile, “Someone bad is out there someone who is harming kids at your school and I fear that you and your friends are right in the thick of it. I need you to promise me that you and your friends will be careful this year, be on the lookout for anyone strange anyone new.”

Liz nodded at her mother her dark eyebrows knitting together. “I promise.”

Eight hours later Liz found herself on a train heading to Salem with her friends the promise she made to her mother ringing in her mind painfully. “So who do you think it is?” Jasmine asked startling Liz as she looked away from the window.

“Who?” Liz asked glancing at Caleb next to her who seemed just as lost as she was.

“The new professor taking Professor Lancaster’s place the dude is supposedly a charms champion or something.” Louise said rolling her eyes.

“Who is he?” Caleb asked, “My mom told me that they hadn’t found anyone yet.”

“Why hadn’t they found someone?” Alex asked.

“Salem is strict when it comes to hiring staff,” Reid snickered, “You have to be a master in the subject and have to have stellar recommendation.”

“Dillings I think his name is.” Tyler said.

“Never heard of him.” Serena said and Caleb nodded.

Liz made a face as she stared at her friends, “I think I have had a major déjà vu or something.”

“What do you mean?” Caleb asked looking at her with worried brown eyes.

“I feel like we have had this conversation before like we have talked about Dillings.”

“Not possible Liz I just found out about the guy this morning.” Jasmine said.

Pogue shook his head his eyebrows drawn together, “No Liz is right this feels familiar I could have sworn that Cory was there and he was upset about something.”

Caleb suddenly stiffened, “You’re right I think I remember something like that.”

“By any chance is that memory fuzzy like someone shuffled things about?” Alex asked looking panicked, “Because that is what I am feeling right now.”

“Someone used a memory charm on us!” Tyler yelled.

“Who?” Louise whispered.

“Someone who didn’t want us to know something that was revealed in that conversation obviously.” Reid grumbled.

“But who knew we had that conversation?” Jasmine asked and that was the question that puzzled them. Caleb grabbed Liz’s hand tightly in his own as a strange pulling feeling settled in his stomach. They were missing something and he had a feeling that whatever it was could be the deciding factor in whether they lived or died.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.14 pg.13 3-14-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

garcia88- Who did the memory charm will come out in time :twisted:
pandas2001
behrstars
AvalonRose
Maiqu
Twilighteyes

Part 15: Dark Whispers

Liz found herself enjoying the comfortable routine of school after a month of getting a feel for her new classes. Besides her usual classes that all students had to take her schedule added Ancient Runes, Wards, Magical Healing, and Care of Magical Creatures. Her schedule was full but she enjoyed every minute of it and she loved having a class with all of her friends, Wards.

Caleb entered the common room spotting Liz at a table her healing book in front of her as she scratched out her answer on a scroll of parchment. “How is the essay coming?” He asked pulling up a chair next to her.

“Good, it sucks though that Bohem gave me fifteen inches.” Liz grumbled.

“Yeah I heard he was a hard ass but you will learn a lot.” Caleb laughed.

“How long are you here tonight?” Liz asked a pretty pout coming over her.

“All night, my mom told me that I should be staying at school instead of with her. I was getting run down by all the back and forth and it would be easier to do some of my work here.” Caleb said watching as a large grin spread over Liz’s face.

“Really?” She asked trying not to let her excitement show. Caleb nodded laughing when she squealed and threw herself into his arms peppering his face with kisses much to his delight. He captured her lips and pulled her into his lap ignoring the snickers from their housemates.

Liz pulled away her face flushed and her eyes glowing with happiness warming his chest as he held her close. “This is great now I only don’t get to see you when you are attending high school.” She laughed.

Caleb groaned at the mention of high school thinking about all the humans running around and all the girls that drooled over him none of them even coming close to Liz’s beauty. “Don’t remind me I hate Spencer. If I didn’t have to go I would stay here the whole time.” He grumbled envying a few of his classmates who lived far enough away from humans that they didn’t have to attend muggle schools.

“Well on the bright side I have a class with you this year.” She giggled.

“I know thank Merlin for an all levels class. Really I think they did that because Plank was the only professor that can teach wards and it was the only time he had free.” Caleb said.

Liz did a quick tempus charm and groaned resting her head on Caleb’s shoulder. “I have to get going I have my private lesson with Professor Prince in ten minutes.” She grumbled.

Caleb frowned at her, “Again that is the third time this week don’t you think she is going a little hard on you and Serena?” Caleb asked.

“Well not I mean we kinda got the feeling that she was training us for something.” Liz giggled as she packed up her belongings.

“Like for battle or something?” He asked frowning at her as she headed for the exit trailing behind her dutifully.

“No we got the feeling that it was more than that, she has been going over dueling etiquette with us.”

Caleb stopped suddenly as something clicked in his head as a wide grin spread across his face. “I know why she is training the two of you she wants to win.” He chuckled.

Liz raised an eyebrow at him looking confused. “Win what exactly?”

“The international dueling competition that is taking place in Bulgaria over the winter holidays, it is very popular. I think she is planning on entering the two of you into a duel.” He snickered as her curious face turned horrified.

“A competition like with spells and fighting and in front of people?”

“A lot of people.” He nodded steering her towards Prince’s office.

“Caleb I get stage fright,” Liz whimpered her doe eyes darting around frantically. “I mean in fifth grade there was a town play and my mom forced me to be in it with Maria and I got a leading role because I am so good at memorizing lines and on opening night when I saw all the people I threw up and passed out on stage.” Liz whined hysterically making Caleb laugh.

“Liz calm down we don’t even know if that is what she is trying to do that was just a guess on my part.” Caleb laughed as they arrived at the office.

“I guess you’re right.” She huffed.

“I am always right.” Caleb laughed kissing her forehead. “Now go learn how to fight.”

“I already know how to fight I could kick your ass.” She grumbled as she went inside.

Caleb smirked at the closed door, “Of that I have no doubt Liz.”

Across the school Tyler Simms was buried deep into a book his blue eyes flashing over the page eagerly as he read his heart pounding in his chest. The book Atrum Vox with its withered cover and oddly suspicious stains across the cover seemed to enchant the teen as he flipped a withered page.

“What are you looking at?” Jasmine asked as she plopped down beside him at the library table startling him. His blinked trying to focus on her after having read for so long.

“Oh a book I found while I was looking up information for my Dark Arts paper. This book talks about blood rituals, more specifically about blood rituals involving those in covenants.” Tyler said his eyes shining in the darkness of the library.

“Like our covenant?” Jasmine asked.

“Exactly like our covenant, apparently the guy who wrote this book was involved in a covenant just like ours. He was bound to a brotherhood of friends, his book talks all about it Jasmine it is fascinating.”

“What does it say about the blood magic?” She asked leaning over to look at the book written in Latin.

Tyler grinned as he flipped to the beginning of the book eagerly showing her a page with gruesome looking drawings littering its withered pages. “It talks about the magic that the bond opened up. Jasmine when we tied ourselves together we tied our magic together.”

“Is that good?” She asked raising a honey colored eyebrow at his excitement.

“Jasmine we basically have a collective power source now, even when one of us dies our power remains in the collective until all of us die.” Tyler whispered eagerly.

“So in a way even in death we are connected.” She said and Tyler nodded flipping the page.

“Jasmine it also talks about something else something that I think everyone is going to love.”

“What?”

Tyler’s blue eyes danced as he pointed to one of the passages on the page, “We can perform a ritual that will allow us to use wandless magic. Jasmine we would never have to use a wand again.” Tyler whispered.

Caleb tried to get to Bellatrix to pull her out of the angry redhead’s way when it happened. “Now!” Bellatrix yelled and purple lights flickered around the room.

“My blood,” Lucius Malfoy yelled as he slashed his hand.

“Your blood,” Bellatrix yelled as she slashed her hand as well as other purple lights flickered throughout the great hall.

Caleb felt the Lestrange’s grab his arm as a purple spell slashed across his palm opening a flowing red welt as crimson blood spilled out. “Our blood!” Rabastan growled.

“Blood of the Covenant unite.” Narcissa yelled as a bright stunning light filled the great hall.

Everyone in the great hall blinked as the air rushed out of Caleb. His gasping breaths were the only sounds to fill the great hall of Hogwarts castle as emotions and connections sparked around him. The comfortable humming buzz surrounded him as the familiar hum in his mind warmed him.

“Looks like we arrived just in time Liz.” The voice of Harry Potter caused gasps around the hall as the crowd parted to reveal a small group all looking worn and war bitten, all except one.

Caleb felt like crying as he spotted the small boy in the front of the group. “Cory,” He whispered tears stinging his eyes as he took in the sight of his thirteen year old friend.

The familiar impish grin spread over Cory’s face as he nodded at Caleb. Someone cleared their throat in the small group and Caleb’s eyes were drawn to Pogue whose face was shockingly scar less. “I hate to break up this touching scene and all man but Potter has a Dark Lord to kill.” Pogue laughed and the hall was brought back to the present all eyes turning to the Dark Lord once more.

Liz ducked a stray stunning spell as Heidi Prince blasted spell after spell at her and Serena. They were dueling two against one and the Salem students had the distinct impression that even if they were at their peak they would never be able to take on their dueling instructor.

“Terminate!” Heidi y well you remembered topped.

“You two did very well you remembered what I told you last lesson and stuck to it.”

Liz noticed the strange gleam of pride in the woman’s eyes and Caleb’s comment before her lesson came back to her. It was as if Prince was training them for something. “Professor are you training us for the dueling competition?” She asked cringing internally at her bluntness, it was not like her.

Heidi grinned at her, “Liz you never cease to surprise me.” Heidi hummed but she didn’t deny that it was her plan to put the girls into the competition.

“So itz true?” Serena asked and Heidi nodded.

“I spoke with the headmaster and since the two of you are so far beyond the others in your year as well as several other years it was decided that the two of you should be taken out of your normal dueling class and placed in permanent private lessons with myself and Professor Plank. The two of you will be entering the dueling competition and your performance will dictate your dueling grade.” Heidi said a sadistic grin on her face as she stared at Liz knowing that the motivation of getting a good grade would stir her on more than anything.

“Well Liz lookz like wez are gonna be in a duel.” Serena huffed but she was grinning letting the professor know that she was on board.

“Tell us what we need to know.” Liz sighed resigned to her fate.

“Perfect!” Heidi squealed shocking the two, “I can’t wait for the two of you to kick international ass.”
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt.15 pg.14 3-22-08

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys sorry no new part today but there will be a new one on Wednesday! It is taking me a while to proof it since it is so long!

OH and pandas2001 pointed out that I had not changed the date when I posted the last part last Saturday so Part 15 is up let me know what you think until Wednesday!
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) A/N pg 15 3-30-09

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the replies to the last part, so sorry about not changing the date I was in such a hurry to post I missed that! Thanks...

garcia88
pandas2001
AvalonRose

Part 16: Dark Whispers II

There was something unnerving in the way Professor Dillings stared at the Sons of Ipswich. As he passed over their names in roll call it was as if he were savoring the sweetest of treats the way their names rolled off his tongue. Caleb shifted in his seat as he felt the older man’s eyes fall upon him studying him far too closely for his liking. He didn’t like the feeling of being analyzed as if he were some precious science experiment.

Caleb let out a sigh of deep relief as the class ended the students eagerly packing up to leave the odd classroom decorated with odd gadgets. “Ah Misters Danvers, Parry, Garwin and Simms if you would please stay behind there is a matter that needs to be taken care of.” Dillings called his slippery voice making them cringe. All they wanted to do was run the other way but he was their professor and they were obligated to stay.

The four boys shared an uneasy look as they approached their new professor who had a fake smile on his face. “Ah thank you for staying boys there is something I would like to discuss with you.”

“No problem,” Pogue hummed trying not to groan at the pathetic grin on the man’s face. He looked so fake he could pass as that creep Lockhart’s twin.

“Well I have been studying your records and your progress in class and I feel that these lessons are going to be too easy for the four of you that you belong on an advanced track while the rest of your classmates will be moving at a slower pace. I have talked it over with the headmaster and he has agreed that with the use of your time turners you will attend private lessons with me during class.”

The four shared another look not knowing what to say especially Reid who knew that Charms was his weak subject. Something was not right but they couldn’t very well reject their professor to his face especially if he had permission from the headmaster it sounded as if they were going to have to go through with these private lessons if they wanted them or not.

“We will be working on animating larger objects and charming them to perform acts for you.” Dillings said as if it were the rarest and honored of gifts that he was giving them.

Caleb ever the diplomat of the group cleared his throat nodding at the professor. “Thank you professor we look forward to those lessons.” He said his dark eyes guarded as he sensed Dillings stared that seemed too long and too deep to be innocent. “We have class now but thank you again.” Caleb said gently pulling on Tyler’s arm as they four backed out of the classroom.

“Oh right,” Dillings said obviously disgruntled about having to let them go.

The four witches scrambled away from the charms hall racing down the corridors until they reached potions breathing deep sighs of relief. “Did anyone else feel that pressure in their heads?” Tyler asked as he rubbed his temple.

“Yes,” Caleb sighed as he sat down at the back of the class not wanting to be under a professor’s constant scrutiny that hour. “He was trying to use Oclumency on us but it was different than any of the other forms we have encountered.”

“So we need to do the usual you know be on the lookout for psychos out to kill us all?” Reid asked wincing as Pogue nailed him in the shoulder.

“Be serious Reid this is big teachers aren’t allowed to use mind reading on us.” Tyler hissed.

Reid glowered at his friends, “Just trying to lighten the mood our lives could use a little more levity and a little less conspiracy theories.”

Across the school Heidi Prince opened the package she had been waiting years for. It was in Romania when she first heard of its existence rumblings of the cover-up. She had brought the matter to her cousin Severus Snape two years ago when he adamantly denied its existence calling it the blathering of a mad man. She knew it was real though and she knew that her cousin was somehow connected to it all, the strange spark in his dark eyes let her know far more than any truth serum.

“The Order of Darakna,” Heidi breathed fingering the leather bound cover before she slowly opened the book revealing parchment stained with green and red ink a multitude of different writing styles filling the pages.

“Chapter one: the alliance.” Heidi read.

“We the people have come together in a time of desperation in a time of great need. Our masters see only what they want to and never the other side there is only light and dark. We are tired of dying for useless causes watching our friends and loved ones die by wand. We the Order of Darakna have come together to stop it all.” Heidi read her cheeks flushed in excitement.

“It is our greatest wish that our children will not have to endure the fight we have.” Heidi flipped the page and gasped when she read the names of the founders.

“This is impossible,” She whispered as she read the names etched in blood.

Arthur Weasley
Remus Lupin
James Potter
Sirus Black
Bellatrix Black Lestrange
Rodolphus Lestrange
Rabastan Lestrange
Lucius Malfoy
Narcissa Black Malfoy
Regulus Black
Alastor Moody
Minerva McGonagall
Frank Longbottom
Alice Longbottom
Severus Snape
Milley Parkison
V. Crabbe
G. Goyal
Alice Bones
William Bones
Amilia Bones

Heidi read the bottom of the page her breath catching in her throat. “I solemnly swear to protect our world.”

Heidi trailed a shaking finger of the name Bellatrix Black Lestrange her mind instantly turning to Liz and her friends. This book was proof, proof that in the last war it was not just light against dark but a third faction as well a faction of pure bloods from both sides that banded together to ensure the survival of the magical world so that Dumbledore and Voldemort wouldn’t destroy them all.

Heidi went over to her cabinet and pulled out a silver chalice setting it on her desk as she went back and pulled a large container out pulling off the lid gagging at the repugnant smell that assaulted her nose. She tipped the container over the silver basin and thick red blood pooled in the bowl as she wrinkled her nose at the unpleasant smell and look. She resealed the container magically ensuring freshness before she blew out a huge breath shaking herself out.

“Okay I can do this I have done this before it is just pigs blood it is just pigs blood you can do this old girl just stick your hand in the icky blood and do it.” She pumped herself up steeling herself as she dipped her hand in the basin swirling it about as a whispered Latin chant rolled off her tongue as she swirled the thick liquid about. Bubbles formed on the surface as the liquid heated up to 98.6 before she removed her hand.

“I need to see you; I have something to show you.” She whispered into the bowl. “I know you are busy but when you are done get down here you need to see this it changes everything.”

“I think there are several innocent people in Azkaban.” She whispered before the liquid stopped bubbling.

“Ugh how dare he hang up on me!” She growled slamming her hands on her desk not caring that her right hand left a bloody smear on the wood. As Heidi stared at the book on her desk satisfaction calmed her, she had been right all along. Little did the dueling professor know but in the coming years the three factions would become four.

Later that night in the calm Salem school Caleb Danvers was stunned. He watched as Liz and Jasmine danced to a new song on Witch Wireless and he couldn’t stop his mind from turning to less than innocent thoughts about his girlfriend. Caleb shook his head as images of Liz alone in a room with him dancing for him.

Pogue saw his friend jerk his head as he stared at Liz as a wicked grin spread over his face, he knew where his friend’s mind was. “I bet she would do that for you if you asked her.” Pogue laughed, cackling when Caleb punched him in the side his face flushing at the thought.

“Oh you know you were thinking it too man. Come on I can guarantee that Alex is silently begging Merlin to let Jasmine dance for him.” Pogue laughed.

Caleb shot his friend a look before he glanced slyly at Alex who was gaping at Liz and Jasmine not hiding his fascination, not many males in the room were hiding their reactions to the girls unconsciously sultry dancing. “Alex and Jasmine really?” Caleb asked and Pogue nodded.

“Alex has been lusting after her all year but he is too chicken shit to say anything. She is going to have to be the one to make a move.” Pogue grumbled.

Caleb groaned when he saw Liz pop her hips swinging her rear about, he didn’t even know she could do that. “Where the hell did she learn to dance like that?” Caleb groaned watching as she held her friend’s hips swinging together in a very un Liz like move.

“Maria Deluca taught her that.” Alex grumbled, “They made Kyle and I their dance partners.”

Caleb didn’t like the sound of that; Liz danced like that with two other guys who were not him, one of them he didn’t even know. Alex must have noticed the dark look on his face when he hurried to explain. “She was completely embarrassed the whole time and would only dance with me. She was still tired from her magical drain but she learned to dance like Maria.”

“Maria does seem the type to teach Liz something like that.” Caleb agreed.

“You have no idea,” Alex whispered shuddering slightly.

“You think Liz would dance for me if I asked her to?” Caleb asked softly.

Reid reached over and smacked the back of his head his blue eyes glaring furiously at Caleb. “Don’t even think about it Danvers.”

“What I was just asking.” Caleb said holding his hands up in surrender.

“Just don’t,” Reid growled pouting now as he watched the girls no longer having fun.

Caleb turned to a snickering Pogue, “What the hell was that about?” Caleb asked his best friend who was fruitlessly trying to hold in a laugh.

“Ever since Liz stayed at his house this summer he has grown very fond of her in a very sister like way. Right now he sees you as the guy trying to bang his sister.”

“What Liz and I do is none of his business besides we aren’t there yet in our relationship.” Caleb huffed.

“How do you know you aren’t there yet?” Pogue asked a sly smirk on his dark face. “Have you two sat down and had that talk yet?”

“There is a talk?” Caleb asked feeling the blood leave his face. He didn’t think he would ever be comfortable talking about sex.

“If you can’t talk about sex with Liz you are not ready for sex with Liz. You two really do need to sit down and hash out what you want.”

“Have you and Serena?” Caleb asked feeling like a nosey neighbor as he asked his friend such a personal question.

“Yes we have talked about sex. Caleb my relationship with Serena is different than yours with Liz just like Reid’s is different with his girlfriend. What is right for us might not be right for you which is why you need to sit down with Liz and hash it out. It is as uncomfortable as the sex talk with your parents. There will be a lot less second guessing in your relationship if you both know what you want.”

As Caleb glanced back at Liz watching her head fall back as she laughed at something Serena had whispered to her he couldn’t help but agree with his friend. He really did need to sit down with Liz if for nothing else than peace of mind.

Kyle stared at Jeff Parker not loving the dark haunted look that swept over him. The people that Liz was bound to were all dead some had been dead for years. He remembered clearly the summer when Cory was killed and how devastated Alex and Liz had been. The two of them were withdrawn and had looks of constant pain on their faces, many a times he caught them holding themselves as if they were trying to keep themselves together rubbing their wrists to fight an unknown pain.

“All of them are dead, yes.” Jeff whispered. “All of them killed for the same cause that they were all dragged into.”

“A fight that wasn’t even supposed to be theirs.” Nancy whispered as she rubbed her forehead the dark circles under her eyes seemed more pronounced to the teens as they watched her. “I thought that all of this was behind them when suddenly my baby girl comes home shaking and terrified…” Nancy said a distant look in her eyes.

“What do you mean?” Isabel asked afraid, something in the way Nancy and Jeff spoke hinted at a far more serious fight than she had originally imagined. She still couldn’t quite grasp the fact that Alex was dead.

“The Dark Lord was supposed to be dead his followers were all supposed to be locked up and then starting the summer before Liz’s third year of school it all went downhill. Their friend Cory was the first victim of the Dark Lord in the new war.” Nancy whispered.

“Liz and Alex were never the same after that.” Kyle agreed.

“For the first time evil truly touched them Kyle.” Jeff whispered. “My daughter and her friends felt their friend die that was how connected they were. They felt the life being sucked from him in that instant and ever since then they have had to deal with the empty pain that his death brought them.”

“All of their death’s though were nothing compared…” Maria trailed off glaring angrily at the tacky tiled floor of the café.

“Nothing compared to what? I hate it when you people don’t finish your sentences some of us are kinda left in the dark.” Michael barked.

Maria looked up her green eyes glaring hatefully at her on again off again boyfriend. “The deaths of her friends was nothing compared to the death of her son.” Maria whispered not looking up when she heard Max’s gasp.

“Liz never…”

“She did.” Maria snarled, “But you were too stuck up your own ass to notice.”

“When?” Michael asked slowly fighting the sick feeling building in his stomach.

“Young.” Jeff grumbled bitterly. “Too damn young, that little punk should have known better but no.”

Nancy sighed as she watched her husband sulk; she would never tell her husband could never tell her husband that she understood why Liz did what she did. “Liz conceived when she was fourteen the father was sixteen.”

“Isn’t that considered rape or something?” Isabel asked.

“In the muggle world yes but in their world no. Especially not when the father is as wealthy as he is.” Nancy said.

“How the hell did this happen?” Michael whispered his head in his hands. “How could Liz live this life that I never knew about, have this whole life changing event happen to her and I never even. I was such an ass to her before she left.” He grumbled.

Nancy smiled softly at the boy hating that he was beating himself up. She knew that Liz never held anything he did against him she found his gruff personality to be soothingly like Pogue’s. Nancy heard the click whir of the clock and froze in her seat as she watched the hand of her daughter start to move.

“Oh god.” She gasped as it hovered over lost before it started to move again. “No.”

As time sped on that year the group started to notice subtle changes. Tyler, Louise, and Jasmine appeared to be slowly deteriorating right before their eyes; the dark circles under their eyes growing more pronounced with each passing day. Louise would jump at the slightest sound and was constantly looking over her shoulder. The worst of it was that the entire group could sense her fear, the cold sweats they woke up in constants testaments to her nightmares.

Tyler and Jasmine on the other hand were off for an entirely different reason. It seemed as though whenever they saw the two they had their noses buried in a thick book. They would sit huddled in a corner of the common room whispering to each other as they pointed at something on the page.

Liz watched as Louise slumped over on the arm of a couch. Her brown doe eyes narrowed and her mouth set in a hard grim line. Caleb glanced worriedly at her as she seemed to steel herself for something. “Enough!” She shouted startling everyone in the common room, jarring Louise awake.

Liz marched over to Louise and grabbed her arm pulling the sluggish blonde up as she glared at Tyler and Jasmine. “Girls room now,” she hissed and the group hurried to comply darting up the stairs. It was times like these when the students of Salem were glad that the school was so trusting of them.

Liz gently pushed Louise into their room and onto her bed as she glared at the others as they entered the room. “Okay now that we are all here we need to talk. Something is wrong and I am not just talking about the three breathing zombies.” Liz said as her eyes flickered over to the three slumped witches all looking sheepish and tired.

Caleb sighed as his hand ran absently through his hair. “You’re right we do have a lot to talk about. Who wants to go first and share their troubles?” Caleb asked rolling his eyes at how pathetic it all sounded.

Alex shifted forward on Liz’s bed clearing his throat. “I overheard the professors two weeks ago; they think someone on the staff is working against them. On what I have no idea but it seems Professors Prince, Plank and Tinka are worried. Also Prince mentioned something about needing to show the other two professors something that could change everything. It leads me to believe they are all hiding something from us.” Alex said expelling a deep breath as he sat back glad to have finally gotten that all off his chest.

“Iz knew she waz hiddin something.” Serena growled gaining their attention as she flexed her fists glaring at the ground.

“What do you mean?” Pogue asked.

Serena sighed as she looked at her friends, “Iz went ta her office hourz this week ta discuss my paper. She had ta run an errand and left me in her office for a few minutes. When she wz gone Iz noticed this book on her desk, it looked beaten pretty badly.” She said holding her hand before her as if she were reaching out to touch the book in her memory.

“Iz wanted ta see what it waz and Prince came in and saw Iz waz eyeing the book and she panicked. She told mez ta forget Iz evea saw it and dat waz it.” Serena grumbled.

Caleb frowned as he mulled over the professor’s reaction. “Why wouldn’t she want Serena to know she had a book?” he asked.

Liz shifted uncomfortably next to him, “She has something to hide in it. She has been acting weird in our private lessons lately asking me all of these weird questions.”

Reid frowned at that, “What kind of questions?”

“Stuff like ‘do you visit your mother often,’ or ‘do I have access to the Black family vault or does Alex?’ things like that all of her questions usually involve my family though or more specifically my mother’s family. She even asked me if I knew someone named Lucius.” Liz sighed scrunching her name at the odd question.

Reid flinched as he heard the name, “Lucius as in Lucius Malfoy?” Reid asked shakily.

Liz nodded biting her lip, “Yeah that’s the one. She wanted to know if I ever met him. She seemed upset that I hadn’t.”

Reid’s frown deepened, “That’s not the normal reaction people have when they realize someone doesn’t know good old Lucius; usually they are relieved.”

“Why?” Alex asked.

“Lucius Malfoy was a death eater and someone many believe was a member of Voldemort’s inner circle. It is unusual for Prince to be upset that you never met him.” Pogue explained.

“Is she working against us?” Jasmine asked suddenly looking more alert, they all did.

“It is too soon to say if she is but I think it is safe to say she is keeping something important hidden.” Caleb sighed.

“Yeah something that apparently involves my family,” Liz grumbled melting into Caleb’s side as he wrapped an arm around her bringing her flush against him.

“Anyone else have anything to share?” Serena asked pointedly glaring at Pogue.

He frowned at her confusion dancing in his dark eyes when it suddenly dawned on him what Serena was hinting to. “Oh right, something is up with Dillings the guy is bad news.”

Caleb, Reid and Tyler nodded in agreement and were surprised to see the others agree as well. “He sure does give off the dark and creepy vibe.” Jasmine hummed.

“It’s more than that though,” Pogue sighed. “He seems to have taken a liking to the four of us that is a little too intense for my comfort.”

Louise snorted from her spot on her bed, “Let me guess he is giving you private lessons as well?” She asked and the four fifth year students nodded. “Yeah we are getting them as well.”

Tyler looked upset as he looked at his friends, “How come none of us knew that the rest of us were in private lessons?” He asked.

The group sat there puzzled as anxious looks came over them. Liz looked down shifting around uncomfortably, “I don’t know about the rest of you but for some reason I felt like I couldn’t tell the rest of you that I was. It was like I felt I had to keep it a secret or something.”

Reid nodded, “I felt that way as well, but for some reason once Pogue said it out loud it was suddenly like I could.”

Pogue let out a dry humorless bark of a laugh, “I felt the same way until Serena forced it out of me. She asked me why I was doing the same homework as her when suddenly I felt like I could blurt out that DIllings was giving us private lessons.”

“Does that mean Dillings put the whammy on us or something?” Alex asked pouting slightly.

“Seems that way but what I can’t figure out is why or how.” Caleb snapped his dark eyes clouding with anger. “I am starting to get tired of people messing with our minds without us even knowing it.”

“Should we go to the headmaster?” Jasmine asked softly.

“According to Dillings the headmaster is allowing him to give us private lessons.” Tyler pointed out grumpily.

Liz sat up straight suddenly a twinkle in her eyes. Pogue smirked when he saw her devious mind working. “What are you thinking Black?”

“I am not sure I have to check something out first but I will get back to you all later.” She said practically bouncing on her bed as she bit her lip her eyes glowing with excitement.

“Is it something bad?” Alex asked wincing at the thought.

Liz shook her head, “Not bad but not necessarily good especially if I am right.”

“Well that’s not cryptic.” Caleb muttered looking at his girlfriend trying to stare the answer out of her.

“Can we at least have a hint?” Reid asked.

Liz bit her lip harder almost drawing blood as she fidgeted on her bed. “Well I guess I can tell you a little since it does involve all of you. I think that Dillings is trying to pit us against each other somehow and more than that I think he is the person that the staff thinks is the enemy. It all fits I mean last year they didn’t think that someone on staff was up to no good but this year suddenly they do…”

Caleb nodded his eyebrows furrowing as he mulled over what she said. “It actually makes sense and I know that if any of the staff were going to smoke out a traitor it would be Plank, Prince, and Tinka.”

“Why them?” Alex asked.

“Because those are the three professors that are members of the Order of Tarsus.” Caleb whispered.

Alex frowned at that, “You mentioned that Order once before what the heck is it?” he asked looking to see if Liz knew but she just shrugged her shoulders.

“Crap forgot the two of you wouldn’t know that,” Caleb winced. “The Order of Tarsus is like one of those secret society things. Not much is known about the Order but there are some common threads among their members.”

“Like what?” Alex asked.

“No one less than a half blood is let in.” Pogue grumbled.

“Why? Prince never struck me as a purist.” Liz asked.

“It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with core stability.” Caleb said cringing when he felt Liz stiffen in his arms.

“They do some heady magic supposedly like darker than dark and for that you need to have a stable center to counter balance the unrest that you suffer when you transcend to certain planes of existence.” Reid filled in smirking at Liz. “Your magical melt down isn’t the same Liz your core is still stable as far as the Order is concerned. Muggle born magical beings on the other hand have a lot of risks especially when it comes to shifting magic.”

“What is that?” Alex asked.

Reid shook his head, “Not important, just know that it involves being outside your own body in order to do magic. Muggle born practitioners have a hard time with that because they don’t have the stable blood line centering them to this reality.”

Liz nodded, “Okay I think I get it. Is that what all the pureblood hype is about?”

Louise nodded, “Dumbledore would kill someone if they ever brought up that point but it is true. There are just some spells and practices that muggle born students can’t do.”

“Then again Louise I doubt Dumbledore would ever let an Order member on his staff, he considers them as good as death eaters. Even if their politics are completely different and they don’t murder innocents the whole pure blood/ half blood aspect really ticks him off.” Reid grunted.

“Anyway back to the Order,” Caleb cleared his throat gaining their attention again. “It is supposed to be like this police force of sorts, they sort of clean up magical messes that people get into.”

“Like what?” Liz asked.

“Well you might have heard of them as something else Liz like say the Cleaners?” Caleb asked.

Liz frowned as she thought it over but she shook her head. Pogue rolled his eyes at Caleb looking ready to hit his best friend. “Of course she hasn’t heard of them dude she hasn’t done anything to warrant their attention unlike some people.”

Reid and Caleb had the grace to blush at that as the guiltily ducked their heads not meeting their friends gaze. Pogue turned to Liz getting into his all knowing teacher mode. “When people mess up magic wise like big time to the point where it could reveal our secret to the world the Cleaners step in. No one knows exactly what they do but somehow the whole situation rights itself.”

Tyler grinned as he looked at Caleb and Reid who had yet to look up at their friends. “Yeah take Caleb and Reid for example and their use of accidental magic.”

Caleb looked at Tyler fearfully his dark eyes wide. “No man please don’t tell.”

“Sorry man this is too good to let go.” Tyler chuckled.

“What did they do?” Louise asked.

“Well Reid was angry that his stuffed animal didn’t move and talk like he wanted it to so he made his stuffed bear come to life.” Tyler snickered.

“That doesn’t sound so bad.” Alex frowned looking at a red faced Reid who just shook his head.

“Wait until you hear the rest.” Reid grumbled.

Tyler grinned when he heard he could continue his story. “Well it wouldn’t have been bad if Reid didn’t like to play with grownups. A small bed bear ended up being ten feet tall and weighing half a ton. Oh and since Reid wanted his bear to play with him he added a little heft to the deal and gave the bear a very Reid like personality.”

“What happened?” Liz asked grinning at Reid who was hunched over trying to disappear.

“The bear ended up holding the daycare he was at hostage.” Pogue snickered.

“The Cleaners had to come and fix the situation since so many people were involved.” Reid admitted. “I never went back to daycare so I don’t really know what the Cleaners did.”

Liz suddenly smirked as she looked to Caleb who cowered away from her gaze. “So what did you do it can’t be as bad as Reid I mean his teddy bear held kids hostage.”

Caleb cringed looking ill, “Mine was worse I sort of wished that dinosaurs were real.”

“You can’t just wish something into happening.” Jasmine scoffed.

Reid snickered as he looked at Caleb. “When James Danvers is your father you can especially if he has a special wishing well in his basement.”

Caleb glared at his friend, “I didn’t know the thing was cursed!”

“Your mom told you to stay away from it she told you that bad things would happen if you made a wish.” Pogue laughed.

“Well I didn’t listen and look what happened.”

“What?” Alex asked grinning clearly entertained by the childhood mishap.

“I wished that they were real and then they were, like the whole world was living with dinosaurs. It was bad.” Caleb shuddered.

“Yeah watching a huge lizard like thing walk down the street had to be interesting.” Reid agreed.

Liz turned to Reid her brows furrowed, “Wait you don’t remember what happened?”

The other three shook their heads, “Only Caleb and his mother remember it was supposed to be a lesson to them about what happens when you aren’t careful what you wish for. After the Cleaners are done only the person who did it usually remembers the incident or if they were minors their parents remember as well to prevent their kid from messing up like that again.”

“So no more T-Rex?” Liz asked trying not to laugh.

“No and no more well the Cleaners took that stating that my dad shouldn’t have had it in the first place.”

“How do you know that our professors are part of this secret society I thought the whole purpose was that it was supposed to be a secret?” Alex asked.

“See that is the beauty of all this the Order isn’t keeping hidden who it has chosen what it does keep secret though is what it does. All anyone knows is that all of the members are very powerful and people you don’t want to mess with.”

“Score one for Salem.” Louise giggled sleepily.

The room turned their attention on her and the other two walking dead making them squirm in their seats. “And now onto the real reason all of us are up here.” Reid snickered when he saw Tyler flush.

Liz turned to Louise whom she sensed was more open to the interrogation than the other two. It seemed as if she were secretly craving to tell them all what was on her mind but she didn’t know how to or was too afraid to. Louise looked to Liz and slowly nodded letting out a deep breath blowing the loose strands of her blonde hair out of her face.

“I have been having these weird dreams lately and I can’t help but think that they are more prophecies I mean they are just too weird to be anything else.” Louise said her blue eyes taking on a wild look as she stared at her friends.

“What about these dreams makes them so weird?” Caleb asked.

“I am always reading the newspaper!” She cried looking ill at the thought. “I hate the newspaper I refuse to read it knowing that it always contains half truths and petty ramblings. In my dreams though I am reading the paper and each headline gets worse and worse.”

“What do they say?” Serena asked fearfully.

“They say things like, ‘Another Attack’ or ‘Hogwarts Headmaster Suspended’ and finally ‘Hogwarts to Close’ I mean it is weird that I am dreaming about Hogwarts right?” Louise asked.

Liz nodded her brown doe eyes wide, “Yup that is weird and I think it is safe to say Hogwarts has an enemy in their walls as well this year.”
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt. 16 pg.15 4-1-09

Post by Ansleyrocks »

pandas2001- glad you caught the Supernatural bear! It just sounded like something Reid would do.
Maiqu
elfangel01
behrstars

Part 17: Dark Whispers III

Heidi Prince felt them before she heard them approaching, their magical signatures were always easy to detect. Six cloaked figures moved from the shadows of her office, she would have found it creepy if she couldn’t do that herself. “Thank you for coming.” She said as she stood to greet her guests Plank and Tinka moving to do the same.

“Well you sounded so eager all those weeks ago we just had to come the first moment we could.” A scathing rough voice growled.

“What is it that you have to show us young one?” An airy female voice asked as the six lowered their hoods. “It is not often that you sound so excited to see us.”

Heidi opened her desk drawer and pulled out the leather bound journal before she handed it to the woman with shaky hands keeping her dark head down never meeting their gaze. The six looked darkly at the book as the woman’s olive hands reached out to take the book from her grasp. They looked young no older than thirty but the power pulsing from within them hinted at otherwise; these six were old very old.

“Is this supposed to mean something to us?” The woman asked haughtily.

“The ledger from the Order of Darakna.” Heidi whispered.

The six froze before the three professors staring darkly at the book before them. “They really do exist.” A dark voice rasped out as his hand ghosted over the leather cover. “We always had our suspicions that this Order existed there were just too many elements in the last war that did not add up, but to find documentation…”

“Sir, the ledger contains names and plans and careful details of all that they did. Sir many of the people who are in Azkaban are on the list.” Heidi whispered.

Plank cleared his throat from next to Heidi never looking the six directly in the eye. “I have a theory about that.” He whispered.

“Yes Plank?” A man rasped.

“I believe that Dumbledore knew of the other Order’s existence and had those all imprisoned, in his eyes they would have been working against him. All but three on the list are either dead or in prison and they all hold public ministry positions that Dumbledore cannot touch.” Plank said.

“That man has always been manipulative; it is only here in the States where we seem to be able to get away from his influence. This school is the only place he cannot touch.” A woman growled.

“Not for lack of trying.” Tinka hummed.

Plank nodded rolling his eyes, “That man will stop at nothing to make sure that we don’t inform our students of the Dark Arts he seems to think we are breeding future dark lords rather than trying to prevent them from existing by teaching our students what all is out there and the dangers that come with them. Why hide something when they are just going to turn around and go seek it themselves and put themselves and others in danger while doing so?” Plank snapped.

Heidi laughed darkly remembering her old school days. “Dumbledore has never heard of the old saying of make something forbidden to a child and they shall seek it, let them explore freely and they will learn control.”

A man in the group nodded, “The young are often hasty and curious that curiosity should be encouraged to be healthy what he encourages is dark emersion into something that they are not ready for.”

Prince rolled her eyes letting out a disgusted snort. “If the genius thought of that when Tom was in school all of this might have been prevented.”

“He has always been blinded by his beliefs his view of this world is too black and white, that is why we never offered him a position with us.” The man at the front of the six sighed as he took the book and flipped through it. “This will be most helpful Heidi thank you for finding it you have once again proven to be invaluable to our cause.”

“Now what of the students that you three have been telling us about?” A woman asked her dark blue eyes sparkling in the fire light.

Across the school several students from two different dorms were hulled up in the girl’s room. Alex looked at his watch and let out a squeak. “Ah Reid, Tyler we need to get to our dorm like now we have curfew in three.” Alex said as the other two bolted upright.

“Damn,” Tyler groaned “Why can’t we all just sleep here?”

“Because while the headmaster might allow us to spend time in other dorms during the day he frowns upon our sleeping in other dorms.” Reid said.

Reid helped lug Tyler up as the group walked their friends out of the room and out of the dorm. “Watch your backs out there.” Caleb whispered glaring at the dark corridors. “Who knows what is watching you.”

Alex nodded as he pulled out his wand. If someone had told him in his first year at Salem that there would ever be a time when he didn’t feel safe walking in the school at night he would have laughed at them; Salem is supposed to be one of the safest places in the world. Now he was beginning to understand, no place was truly safe.

Caleb watched as they rounded the corner before he closed the dorm door one of the seventh years eyeing him carefully. “You sense it too?” the seventh year asked the quiet of the common room pressing down on them as everyone stared at the two. “That something is not right?” He asked.

Liz looked around and noticed that the rest of the common room seemed to share those sentiments. “We have.” Pogue agreed.

“My mom said a war is coming,” A small first year whispered from a high back chair in front of the fire. “She said that this was the deep breaths before the plunge the unsettling quiet. She said it is just like last time.”

“I am sure that there is nothing to worry about yet.” Jasmine whispered clinging fearfully to Louise.

The seventh year shook his head darkly his blonde hair falling into his eyes. “We all know that something is wrong, it looks like we are all going to have to sit back and see what the damage will be this time.”

Liz clutched Caleb’s hand tightly in her own not liking the sound of that. Caleb pulled her close as he spared one last look at the seventh year before he slowly dragged Liz up to his room. Pogue glanced at him and nodded confusing Caleb. Pogue rolled his eyes obviously reading Caleb’s expression correctly as he mouthed ‘conversation’ to his friend before he turned his attention back to Serena. Caleb shook his head and continued on upstairs not knowing if he wanted to get into that tonight when they were clearly running on empty.

Liz walked right into his room and made her way to his bed. He knew that most people would find it odd that Liz knew exactly where his bed was and was so comfortable simply going and laying down on it but they had been friends since his third year it wasn’t exactly her first time in his room or on his bed. Now though he was defiantly not thinking friendly platonic thoughts towards her and the sight of her on his bed did more to his teenage mind than he could handle.

Caleb shook his head, “Bad Caleb stop picturing her naked.” He hissed gaining her attention.

“What did you say?” she asked propping herself up on her elbows to stare at him as he tried to answer her.

“Nothing just complaining about my roommate’s lack of cleaning abilities,” He said as he slid onto the bed next to her trying to banish all bad thoughts from his head. He had to tell himself that she had just turned fourteen a few days ago that she was nowhere near ready for sex but it seemed as though his body had a mind of its own.

“Tyler and Reid are worse every time I enter their dorm I want to clean.” Liz said shuddering slightly.

“You have been in their room?” Caleb asked not wanting to read too much into that.

“A few times sadly though I never wish to enter Reid’s room again. If his mom didn’t make him clean his room at home the place would look like a Nargual’s den.” Liz shuddered sticking her tongue out in distaste.

“Well at least you were repulsed by their rooms.” He hummed blushing when he realized she had heard him.

“You were upset that I had been in their rooms?” Liz asked cuddling up to him as she tried not to laugh.

“Maybe a little,” He sighed pulling her farther on top of him the way he liked to rest when it was just the two of them. There was just something comforting about having the slight weight of her on him that made him feel all warm and tingly inside.

“Caleb that’s silly they are like brothers to me.” She laughed kissing his jaw up to his ear nuzzling the sensitive spot she found below his ear making him shiver.

“Tyler kissing you on your bed this summer didn’t exactly look like a brother sister relationship to me.” He grumbled before he captured her lips unable to resist any longer. He loved that she tasted just as she smelled, like sweet ripe strawberries. Caleb moved his hand up her back along her spine the way he knew she liked as he tangled his hand in her hair pressing her mouth closer to his. He sucked her lower lip into his mouth licking the spot just below the ripe pink flesh making her whimper; his eyes nearly rolled into the back of his head when he heard that he wanted to her it again and again as he brought her higher on his chest rolling her so that his weight now partially rested on her.

Her small little hands fisted in his shirt trailing across his back as she tried to raise herself to be closer to him. Caleb groaned when he felt her lips attach to his neck the need to be closer to her intensified as his traitorous hands wandered under the hem of her shirt eagerly seeking her warm promising skin. He trailed kisses down her slender neck stopping to nibble the spot he knew would draw out a moan from her and was rewarded with the breathy sound spurring him on. Liz’s legs moved up and down his as he hoisted one of her small legs up over his hip bringing her even closer to him to his delight. She felt so good moving and whimpering beneath him he never wanted to stop.

“Oh Merlin!” Pogue yelled slapping his hands to his eyes turning away as Liz and Caleb stilled. Caleb looked down and gasped when he realized he had Liz’s shirt pushed up under her arms and the clasp of her bra unhooked, he didn’t even remember doing that.

Liz blushed tomato red when she realized the position her leg was in and that it was Pogue who had found them. Caleb sat up slowly trying not to draw attention to an excited part of his body as Liz adjusted her bra and top. “You can look Pogue.” Liz sighed as the tall witch slowly turned around looking mildly ill.

“That was a sight I could have gone forever without not that you aren’t a dish Lizzie but seriously seeing Caleb grind into you not a pretty picture.” Pogue grinned watching as Liz turned an interesting shade of purple while Caleb scowled at him.

Liz shook her head at him as she kissed Caleb’s cheeks whispering him a goodnight forcing him to stay when he tried to follow her. She chuckled at the pout on his face kissing his swollen lips one last time before she made her way out of the boys dorm. “So I take it your conversation went well.” Pogue chuckled.

Caleb ran a shaky hand through his hair and shook his head. “Never got around to it man I just saw her on my bed and then it all just snapped.”

“Yeah I know that feeling,” Pogue chuckled.

“I really need to talk to her,” He sighed and Pogue nodded.

“And we need to come up with a system so that next time you are getting it on with Lizzie I won’t be subjected to the sight of you thrusting at her.” Pogue groaned scrubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands.

“I was not!”

“Dude you so were I want to puke the only saving grace to the sight was Lizzie’s chest. Who knew the little munchkin was packin a rack like that?” Pogue laughed his body shaking harder at Caleb’s murderous glare.

“Watch is Parry!”

“Just saying! Seriously though man talk to her so that if something like this does happen again you will know if she is okay with it or not. Though from what I saw she was more than okay with what you were doing.”

“You’re right,” Caleb sighed as he changed into his night pants. “I really do need to talk to her.”
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Battle For Freedom (Multi XO, UC, Adult) Pt. 17 pg.15 4-5-09

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Hey guys thanks for the reviews! Thanks...

AvalonRose
pandas2001
Maiqu
behrstars
garcia88

Part 18: Dark Whispers IV

Liz’s third year seemed to be rushing by faster than she had anticipated. Between school work, extra lessons and her private research project into Dillings, time seemed to evaporate right before her eyes. Tomorrow was the start of the winter holidays and the day Liz and Serena were due to portkey with Professor Prince to Bulgaria for the International dueling competition.

Caleb grinned when he saw Liz stumble into the common room with Serena in tow after a last minute dueling session with Prince. “Have fun?” he asked as she quickly sat down next to him cuddling into his side.

“We have uniforms,” Liz grumbled her voice muffled by his shirt.

“What kind of uniforms?” Caleb asked trying not to laugh as Liz groaned.

“Theyz are black dueling outfitz wit da Salem emblem on our right arm.” Serena said.

“I can’t wait to see that,” Caleb laughed. Liz looked up at him with bright eyes the corners of her lips twitching.

“You’re going to the tournament?”

Caleb nodded grinning down at her. “When my mom found out you and Serena were competing she bought tickets, all of us are going to watch you.”

Pogue laughed at Liz’s deliriously happy look, “Reid is taking bets on who is going to win or lose.”

“You know the other competitors?” Liz asked and Pogue nodded.

“Only the people in your division though I had dad look into the roster,” Pogue said ducking his head sheepishly.

Serena perked up at that as she looked at her boyfriend slyly. “Care to share Parry?”

Caleb chuckled as he watched Liz and Serena lean forward eagerly waiting for inside information. “Well from what I saw of the roster you are fighting against people who are familiar with each other’s fighting styles you two are wild cards and people are going to be anxious to see how you put a kink in their defenses,” Pogue chuckled.

“Well who are they?” Liz asked rolling her wand between her fingers unconsciously.

“Fleur Delacour from France, Desdemona Orilias from Italy, Ulf Winavocik of Romania, Victor Krum the Bulgarian brute, and Cedric Diggory from the United Kingdom. They are all fifth years and amazing duelists.”

Liz’s doe eyes widened comically as she anticipated fighting students two levels above her. “Relax Liz you are more than qualified to go against them,” Caleb sighed. “Your real competition is going to be Krum and Diggory. Krum fights dirty and is great at finding spells that go through shields he can thank his headmaster for that little trick. Diggory on the other hand fights fair but don’t let that fool you he is quick,”

Pogue scoffed rolling his eyes at his friend. “Caleb, Diggory is more than just quick he is practically a walking defense text book he knows more spells than most adults.”

“So da good boy iz very bad,” Serena giggled.

“He is a Hufflepuff Serena,” Pogue chuckled watching as her nose scrunched in disgust.

Liz looked between the three confused feeling as though she was missing something. “What is a Hufflepuff?”

“Sorry Lizzie I forgot you don’t know what the houses of Hogwarts are.” Pogue chuckled as he pulled a pouting Serena into his lap.

Caleb rolled his eyes at his friend before his dark eyes flickered back to his girlfriend. “Hogwarts is made up of four houses like Salem expect theirs are much more segregated. The houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Gryffindors are reckless idiots, Slytherins cunning snakes, Ravenclaws are book driven brains, and Hufflepuffs are smart kids but for the most part they are afraid of their own shadows.”

“Having Slytherins after them all the time doesn’t help.” Pogue laughed.

Pogue stood up throwing Serena over his shoulder like a sack of potato’s ignoring her squeal of surprise as she swatted her backside. “Well we have some work to do, good night children.” Pogue said as his dark eyes stared darkly at Caleb.

Caleb nodded his head seeming to get the message as Liz looked between them confused. “What was that look for?” She asked.

Caleb gave her his bashful smile as he stood up and held out his hand for her. “Nothing, come on let’s go to your room.”

Liz grabbed his hand giggling when he hoisted her up quickly hurtling her into his chest. Caleb dragged her up the stairs mentally thanking Merlin that Louise and Jasmine were sound sleepers as he silently pushed Liz onto her bed drawing the curtains around her bed as he put a silencing charm around her bed.

Liz raised an eyebrow at the spell and he felt the heat rise to his cheeks. “Don’t exactly want them to hear us. Knowing my luck this would be the one time that Louise and Jasmine don’t sleep like the living dead.”

Liz laughed at his sheepish shrug. “Planning on doing something to me Danvers that you don’t want the others to hear?” She asked as he slid down next to her curling her into his side pulling more of her slender body onto him.

“Eventually but first I need to ask you something,” he whispered trying not to stumble as his heart raced.

Her doe eyes swung up to meet his, “About what?”

“Liz lately the two of us have been getting a lot more physical and I was wondering how far you were willing to go.” He rushed out as a mortified red flush took over his face.

Liz lay there stunned as her hand gripped his outer robes in a tight fist. “Ah well this is unexpected,” She muttered.

“I know but I just don’t want to do anything with you Liz that you are going to regret, it would kill me.” Caleb whispered brushing his hand against the side of her face as he let his fingers tangle in her hair.

“Well,” she sighed. “To be honest I have been fine with what we have done so far and I think I would be comfortable with going farther but I know I am not ready for actually having sex right now.” She said blushing slightly as he grinned down at her.

“Yeah I don’t think I am ready for that either,” he admitted.

“So everything but sex?” she asked.

Caleb thought about it and nodded as a sly look came over his handsome face. “Does this mean I get to still cop a feel?”

Liz nodded giggling at his giddy look, “You can cop a feel anytime you want Danvers,” she giggled kissing his temple as her lips moved to his ear. “And then some.”

The next morning students and staff were bustling around Salem hurrying to get to the train to head home for the holidays. Students shouted and waved at Liz and Serena who stood in their dueling outfits by the stairs the onyx floor reflecting their image. Liz and Serena were shocked to learn that morning just how many students and staff were going to the competition wanting to show Liz and Serena support. Heidi Prince was just excited that she was going to be able to show off her two best students.

Plank sneered as he watched Prince bounce around the two students. “Do control yourself Heidi you look like a child doing that,” Plank grumbled, “Although a dog might be a better description.”

“Sorry I am just so excited I can’t wait to pit Liz and Serena against Flitwick’s champion and Karkaroff’s little devil.”

Plank sighed rolling his eyes knowing that talking her into being calm was useless at this point; once she was high there was no coming down for hours. Liz gently tugged at her robes feeling uncomfortable. The top part hugged their bodies tightly like a top while the bottom of the dueling robes flared out like a skirt. Liz sighed as she looked down glad that it wasn’t a dress that she could wear pants that peaked out from the front of her robes.

“Dude these feel more like shirts with a train attached to um.” Serena grumbled as she tried to cover her legs. “I’z hate wearin pants!”

Liz giggled knowing that was a true sign of a magical upbringing. “Serena you wear pants all the time.” Liz said.

“Yeah but thatz under robes where no one can see dum or just around you guyz. I don’t like strange people lookin at my legz.”

Caleb, Pogue, Reid, Tyler, Alex, Jasmine and Louise stopped in front of their two friends grinning. “So you two excited?” Louise asked.

“Nervous is the dominant feeling right now,” Liz muttered.

“Don’t be you two will do great I can’t wait to see you mop the floor with that snot Ulf.” Reid grinned, Liz could have sworn her friend was fighting the urge to rub his hands together evilly at the thought.

“We’ll do our best,” Liz mumbled as Caleb pulled her into a hug.

“Don’t worry sweetie you will do fine,” He whispered leaning down for a kiss.

Liz sighed as she felt him pull away a pout pulling at her lips. “When are you going to get there?” She asked as he moved to stand next to the others.

“Mom and I are portkeying out right when we get back home. We are dropping my trunk off and then we are out of there.”

Reid chuckled as Liz looked mollified. “Don’t worry Lizzie we aren’t going to let you and Serena suffer alone. My dad is itching to watch the two of you fight.”

“Alright you all,” Plank growled, “get to the trains you are holding people up.”

The group quickly said goodbye to their two friends and then Liz and Serena were left alone in Salem with Heidi Prince and Headmaster Krane.

Krane glided up to the group his blonde hair pulled impressively back as he stood in a more formal version of the robes the girls were wearing. “Ready everyone?” He asked smiling at his two students who were practically shaking with fear.

“Yes sir,” they said as they followed him to his office. He opened the impressive door leading to his office reveling Mr. and Mrs. Cornwall and Serena’s brother waiting to travel. Liz sighed feeling defeated when she realized her father wasn’t there. He had originally told her he was going to go but Nancy had been feeling off lately and he didn’t want to leave.

Ryan Garwin cleared his throat and Liz looked up with a gasp shocked to see the grinning blonde standing before her. “You didn’t really think we were going to let you go on your own now did you?” Ryan asked hugging the girl to him.

“Yes,” she sighed feeling foolish.

Headmaster Krane smirked at Ryan as he held out a cane with a silver skull atop it. “Grab on everyone,” Krane said as the group placed their hands along the can.

Liz gasped as she felt the pulling in her navel a she felt the air expel from her as the spinning started; soon she was landing hard on her feet in a gray field. “Velcome to Bulgaria,” a man said as he stood before the assembled group in very dignified red and white robes.

The adults bowed and motioned for Liz, Serena and her brother to do the same. “Thank you for having us Minister,” Krane drawled as he stood back up at his impressive height.

The Bulgarian Minister of magic turned to the two girls and Heidi. “Champions are to report to the Volakian building Vorin will take you. Guests of champions will please proceed to the induction arena.” Others soon portkeyed in and the Minister went to greet them.

“Good luck Lizzie!” Ryan Garwin said kissing the crown of her head. “You too Rena.”

“Thanks!” They called as they said goodbye to Serena’s family and their headmaster who were going to take their seats and wait for the others to arrive.

“Professor how large is this going to be exactly?” Liz asked as she heard a strange rushing sound in the distance.

“Almost as large as the Quiditch World Cup.”

Serena’s eyes widened and Liz gulped. “Wow this is going to suck.” Liz whispered and Serena nodded.

Vorin led the three girls into the large building and down several halls to a large room where several teens were sitting around looking nervous. “Your division champions.” Vorin growled before he turned and left.

“Chatty,” Serena chuckled knocking shoulders with Liz.

“Vou must be de Salem Champions.” A thick brute of a boy said as he stood bowing at the girls.

“Victor Krum this is Elizabeth Black and Serena Cornwall.” Heidi introduced.

Liz noticed a tall man by the fire freeze as his eyes flickered to her. He stroked his grey beard as his eyes narrowed at her. “Pleasure.” Krum greeted before he went back to his position next to the calculating man.

The others in the room stared at the two girls but never made a move to greet them. A tall woman marched into the room in all her imposing glory as she scowled at them. She looked around the room before she spoke, “Now that all the champions are here we can begin.” She said motioning for everyone to take a seat.

“Today is the start of the competition, in two hours you will be presented to the spectators and then you will draw for pairings. Round one is today, two are three tomorrow, and the final match the next day. Champions will be announced on the third day, good luck.” She growled before she swept out of the room.

“Friendly,” Serena grumbled.

“For the Duchess that is friendly,” an English boy said grinning shyly at the girls as a small man bounced beside him.

“Duchess?” Liz asked looking to Heidi.

“The Bulgarian Duchess,” the boy explained. “She means well but she is known for being rather distant.”

“Thanks for the info…” Serena eyed him asking for his name.

“Cedric, Cedric Diggory.”

“Ah nice to meet you.” Liz said.

The little man chuckled next to Cedric. Heidi grinned coldly at the man, “Hello Professor Flitwick,” she called softly.

“Ah Heidi my dear how wonderful to see you.” The little man chuckled gleefully.

“How did you get two dueling champions out of your school?” The strong glaring man asked Heidi who sneered at him.

“Salem emphasizes their dueling program and I was gifted with two spectacular students.” She growled.

The Duchess came back into the room glaring at the moving occupants. “Champions are to get ready the introduction will commence in half an hour.”