Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 12/12/10 A/N [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 12/12/10 A/N [WIP]

Post by Hunter »

Banner By Me.

Title:Stuck With You

Disclaimer: I own nothing Roswell and no infringement is intended.

Author: Hunter

Summary: Liz decides to step in for her ill grandma to become a housekeeper but her employer is no one other then the enigmatic Max Evans.

Rating:Adult

Pairing: M/L

Prologue

The doctors surged in and out of rooms accompanied by busy nurses who struggled to keep up with them. The smell of bitter medicine hovered in the air while the sound waves of the medical equipment bounced off the clean white walls which stuck of bleach. In room 144, Liz Parker sat with her grandmother.

"Stay away from the pink wards." Claudia breathed heavily. "Those patients have fish disease."

Liz nodded. "I hope they're been treating you right." She replied. "I just don't trust the hospital staff." She cringed. remembering an ill fated moment where an old doctor in his late forty's tried to pinch her butt at the vending machines.

Liz was only eighteen and still naive for her age. She was the quiet shy type that never spoke much and always got herself into awkward situations however her trust in people was equivalent to the size of a pea. She wasn't much of a people person. She only had a few close friends and was invisible in a crowd.

It shocked her with trepidation that someone would notice her, and it disgusted her that it was a man who was around her father's age.

A young woman knocked on the door, she was tall and very curvy. Her dark blonde hair was tied neatly in a flawless bun and Liz thought she was a lawyer or something because this woman looked so presentable. "Erm Mrs Parker?"

"Call me Nanny Parker." Claudia groaned. "I won't steal my daughter in law's title. She's much too nice for that to happen." Claudia struggled to sit up and Liz immediately began to help her.

"Thanks sweetie." Claudia smiled at her adorable grand daughter.

"I'm Isabel Evans, the only daughter of Mr and Mrs Phillip Evans." The blonde rolled her eyes, clearly tired of repeated that same introduction again. "I believe you used to work for us for some time."

"Twenty Years." Claudia corrected. "I changed your diapers and helped your big brother with his homework."

Isabel stiffened. "Oh right."

"You probably don't remember me anyway." Claudia laughed. "Your father hired too many nannys for only two children."

"Right." Isabel nodded and rubbed her chin quickly. "I just wanted to drop off a message that my mother will pay you double this time to be Max Evans's housekeeper."

Liz's mouth dropped open. "Can't you see my grandma's sick? She isn't capable of taking care of herself let alone someone else!"

"Yes, I see that but what choice do we have. My mom said she only trusted Nanny Parker and that only she can take the role of being Max's housekeeper." Isabel scratched the back of her neck.

Isabel would give her mother a right ear bashing later on, she was always left to do the dirty work. Once she found a guy to get married too, she can wave goodbye to her family and their chores she thought quietly to herself.

"Well you have to tell your mother that my grandma is hospitalized and is very close to retirement. I mean, she's on her pension money now. She hasn't worked for two years!" Liz hissed.

Claudia was amazed by her granddaughter' confidence, Liz had never spoken to anyone in a raised voice before; and with speaking to a complete stranger in such a tone, Claudia felt like applauding her grand daughter.

"She's definitely got my tongue." Claudia smiled.

"Listen, can we work out a negotiation because my time is being wasted here." Isabel pleaded with her big eyes.

Liz looked at her grandma before answering Isabel Evans.

Chapter One

Two weeks later...

Opening the door, Liz put her luggage down and stared into the wooden cabin. "He needs a housekeeper for this?" Liz quizzed at the wooden cabin that looked somewhat of a scary movie. She hated the wilderness and wished so much she could just take back her words and leave.

Isabel forced a smiled. "Well sometimes my brother needs to drop from the face of the earth." Isabel rolled her eyes.

Liz shot her eyes at Isabel in fear.

"Don't worry, he's not a murderer. I mean he's-"

"He better not be." Liz mumbled. "I don't like the look of this." She stared at the large stag's head that was stuck on the wall. It's black eyes warning her of a potential horror brewing.

"My brother may hunt animals because dad did it a lot but he always needs a housekeeper. I don't know what for but you know guys, how irresponsible they are." Isabel laughed.

Liz forced a laughed. "Yeah, irresponsible." She thought about her dad always burning the toast and forgetting to pay the mortgage on time. "I get what you mean. Behind every successful man, there is a woman...right?"

"Exactly!" Isabel beamed. "Now, here's the keys, My brother will be here tonight. Just make yourself comfortable. There's plenty of salad in the fridge." She said, taking a good look at Liz's small body.

"I'm not a salad lover." Liz shrugged.

"Oh well there's food in the kitchen, go explore." Isabel waved goodbye to Liz and quickly fled the house. Liz pulled the rest of her luggage inside and shut the door.

The first thing she did was call her parents who still weren't sure of Liz's decision to fill in for grandma Claudia. Liz disconnected the phone after talking with her parents. "I'm still surprised they have signal here."

Liz tossed the phone into her beach bag and decided to explore the cabin in more detail. It was very woody with dark red ornaments including a dark red carpet with black and cream patterns. The emerald green complemented the red and it really felt like a cabin. The colours and animal fur suited it. The TV was fairly big being a HD 36" flat screen with a playstation 3, cable, a DVD player and a VCR that stood in the corner of the room.

Liz looked at the mantle piece and noticed a few family photos there, they must visit here occasionally she guessed. There was no dust present anywhere and she blushed when she heard her stomach rumble.

Opening the fridge, she grabbed a cheese and onion sandwich, ripped open the packet and wolfed it down in five bites. Chucking the empty plastic container away, she grabbed a bottle of cola and almost finished the whole bottle in one go. The kitchen was neat and tidy. It looked no different from the living room.

Feeling more refreshed, she took off her jacket and decided to try some key lime shots that she had discovered in the fridge. Taking one after the other, she was a bit tipsy and stumbled with her Nike sneakers. "Pwetty mirror." She giggled, pointing at her own reflection.

Then she began to feel hot and took more clothes off until she was down to her underwear. Liz lazily climbed up the wooden stairs with a Jack Daniels in her hand. The sense of freedom suddenly hit her and she lost the plot.

Usually she would be the one to curl up in the corner and hide in the shadows but being alone in this place made her unleash her wild side. She kept drinking and singing some songs in an off key tone.

Jumping on a big bed with satin sheets, she sang "Touch my body" and giggled as the warm fuzzy drink slid down her throat.

The hours ticked head and she lost track off time. Lying on the bed, she sung more songs in a lazy tone and traced the sides of her breasts with her fingers, suddenly feeling very hot.

"I'll take you to the candy shop, I'll let you lick my lolly pop!"

"Ahem." She froze when she heard a cough, rolling onto her side to see her intruder...she gasped when she saw a pair of very shiny golden eyes looking back at her.

She smiled. "I wanna lick your lolly pop!"

She giggled until darkness consumed her.

Max was baffled to find a semi naked woman in his bed and the smell of alcohol hit his nose. He raised his eyebrows in suspicion. Was his mother playing games with him? She knew he was engaged to someone else but putting a skanky woman on his bed was just too low.

He was shocked by finding the pieces of clothing which lead to the stairs. They were not sexy clothes but casual. He didn't understand until he found her lying on his bed. A woman was a woman, with boobs and her womanhood. It wasn't about the clothes, it was about the woman.

He shook his head and picked up the empty bottles. If was she going to seduce him, she would have waited. Something in the back of his mind told him that she had another purpose.

Max grabbed a blanket and put it over the sleeping brunette's body, taking the rest of the bottles he headed downstairs and disposed of them.

Grabbing his phone, he called his mother.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 7/24/09 Chpt 2 p.2

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone! :D

Kris
Carolyn
destiny
Abbs007
Jan
Eve
Carrie
Ginger
Ping
Irma
Courtney

Chapter Two

Rolling over the big bed, Liz woke up with pin and needles in her left hand. She sat up with narrowed slits and her hair was crumpled up in a big mess. Taking a big yawn, Liz eyed the room.

It wasn't her room.

Shit.

Fuck.

Bananas.

Her hand moved to touch her locket, a habit she had never gotten out of and her hand brushed against the top of her bare breasts. Her eyes widened.

Shit, she was in her underwear. Her polka dotted bra greeted her. "Bananas!" Liz screeched and tossed the sheets back. She was wearing those pants, the grandma knickers; the stupid white cotton pants with teddy bears on them.

Man, he must have saw her last night with those hideous undergarments on.

She was going to never live it down now, he will always taunt her about it and maybe fire her in the first day....unless he hadn't noticed. Liz grabbed the sheets and wrapped it around her body.

Her stuff was downstairs so she would go and grab it.

She checked the time from the Star bucks clock that hung on the wall, it was ten o clock in the morning. She prayed silently that he hadn't made it here yet. That a last minute blizzard just happened and she was snowed in here all by herself.

In this scary big cabin house.

With stuffed animals.

And Stag heads with those creepy eyes.

Those eyes that looked like they were always looking at you.

"Enough Liz!" She scolded herself and crawled out of the bed. Holding the sheets around her body, she walked out of the room and silently crept down the stairs.

One, two, three...creak!

Liz paused and shut her eyes as the floor creaked. "Fuck, fuck flippin fuck!"

When no one answered, she continued to walk down the stairs and ran into the living room. She smiled when her suitcase was still there. Her eyes gleamed with success.

She dropped the sheets and ran towards the suitcase. "Here you are!" She dragged the suitcase towards the doorway and stopped to look ahead.

She let go of the suitcase and gawked ahead.

There was a guy at the doorway.

A beautiful sexy guy.

A fit guy,

A hot guy.

Damn.

He was leaning against the doorframe with a mug of cocoa in his hands. "Rough night?" He smirked a little before bringing the mug to his lips.

Liz stared at him incredulously. He was gorgeous. She wouldn't mind getting down to third base with him. He had the face that oozed sexy. He looked sexy.

His body looked toned and she imagined that kind of body pressed up against hers as he pounded in to....

"I'm Max Evans." He said warily, noticing that she had zoned out on him. "You are?"

"Huh?" Liz blinked.

"You're undressed a little."

Liz looked down at her bra and covered her boobs or whatever he could see with her arms. "Oh my god, oh I am so sorry." She apologised quickly and then saw the sheets in a puddle on the floor.

Making a quick dive for the sheets, Liz snatched one and wrapped it around her small body. "I got a little carried away last night." She admitted by not looking at him.

"It's ok. We all do."

Liz then realised she hadn't brushed her teeth or taken a shower.

What a great second impression she thought bitterly.

Grabbing her suitcase, she brushed past Max and stopped. "I'm the housekeeper. My second name is Parker."

"What's your first name?" He gave her a full smile.

After she was shown to her room once she showered, brushed her teeth and ate breakfast, she washed the sheets and replaced them out of guilt that she slept on his bed. The one he was going to use with someone else.

Max told her he was going out for a while to jog in the wilderness so she was left alone to wash the dishes.

A few minutes later, Tess Harding called her on her cell phone. "He should be the gentleman and do everything."

"But it's my job, it's what I get paid for. Besides, I drank his alcohol and slept on his bed. I even stripped down to my underwear." Liz blushed.

"Honey, a man should be a man. He's being a bastard. Wait, I'm going to go over there and kick his ass."

"No need. You're just gunna get me fired. I'm his maid so I gotta do my job." Liz said. "I really do owe him an apology."

"Well don't spread your legs for him. You're not that crazy are you?"

"Tess!" Liz hissed down the phone and then smelt the tender beef from the oven. "Shit I gotta go, the beef is done!"

"Oh well call me-" Tess's voice disappeared with Liz disconnecting the phone.

Liz turned the oven off and opened it. Smoke poured out of the oven and Liz coughed. Grabbing the oven gloves, Liz put them on and took out the tray of roast beef. It was done nicely, just a big longer it would have been overdone.

Max returned back to his cabin and was pleased to find his food laid out for him. He felt like Liz owed it to him to serve him a nice meal after making that terrible mistake yesterday.

"Nice." He bit into the beef steak. "I love how you seasoned them."

Liz nodded earnestly and placed down a jug of lemonade on the table. "I hear you like lemonade." She said.

"Love it." Max chewed on the steak.

Liz watched him wolf down the mash potatoes. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"Erm..okay...if that's alright with you?"

Liz grabbed a spare plate and dished up her own food before joining Max at the table. Max watched her from the corner of his eyes. He spoke with his mother before and she had claimed that the only female that should be in his house was the housekeeper who was also his and Isabel's nanny when they were little.

He knew Liz wasn't his housekeeper at all.

But she didn't know that.

Liz was happily enjoying her food that she didn't notice Max grab the jug to pour himself a glass of lemonade. "Oh let me do that." Liz said after watching him lift the jug.

She stood up and went to grab the jug of him but spilled the lemonade onto his jeans. "Jesus!" Max hissed, feeling the cold liquid seep into his jeans.

"Oh my god!" Liz gasped, setting the jug down to grab a napkin. "I am so sorry Mr Evans. I just sorta slipped." She dabbed the napkin straight onto his crotch and Max shivered.

Liz began to wipe him down and after she was done, Max was stiff.

"I'm sorry." She apologised again.

Max sighed in frustration.

"Watch yourself next time." He warned with an angry glare.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 8/9/09 Chpt 3 p.3

Post by Hunter »

Carolyn
Ginger
Jan
Kris
POM
destiny
Eve
Abbs007
AlysLuv
Sara
Monica

Chapter Three

Max lifted a hand but stilled his movements. The early hours of morning did not bring out the best in him but he couldn't sleep last night and had just spend all night starting at the ceiling, thinking about his mistreatment of Liz. He wasn't sure how to react around her after their awkward dinner moment.

Her touches or rather drying up a certain region where the lemonade had spilled on was a little too close for comfort. Max had to admit, he reacted just as any other man would.

It wasn't meant to happen.

But it had.

He wanted to apologise. He wasn't a cold shrewd rich businessman like the media usually clichéd. He hoped Liz hadn't portrayed that way of him in her delicate fresh mind.

He had retreated to the kitchen and then had returned after his coffee fix. But still he hadn't knocked on her door. He couldn't make up his mind and had spent a few minutes to think silently to himself.

He felt the bitter taste of black coffee on the tip of his tongue, he urged himself for a wake up call but was having trouble staying awake. Finally his sank down onto his knees and shifted position so he was sitting cross legged by Liz's bedroom door. Once the taste of coffee faded away, his heavy eyelids just closed over his eyes of their own accord and he finally slept.

Until Liz had woken up four hours later, took her morning routine as usual and opened the door to find her boss sleeping on the floor.

Liz bent down and shook him. "Sir? Sir, please wake up."

Max gave a heavy yawn and stretched his arms. "What time is it?"

Confused, Liz brushed her fingers against the cotton material of his shirt and pushed his sleeve back to check his watch. "Eight."

"Damn." Max swept the hair away from his eyes with one hand. "I must have dozed off here."

Liz took his hand and helped him up to his own room. How could she forget that room? It was the first room she slept in.

She would always remember it.

Max lay down on his bed and stretched again. "Liz, I might just sleep for a little longer if you don't mind." He yawned and pressed his face into the pillow.

"Sure Sir, suit yourself. I'll just be running my errands."

Max nodded and fell asleep again while Liz recovered the satin blanket off the floor and covered Max with it. She left his room swiftly to began breakfast and cleaning the windows today.

After breakfast, Liz grabbed the necessary equipment for cleaning and at tied her hair up to a painful high ponytail. "Ah, that should do it." Liz said and looked in the mirror.

Liz began her window cleaning and had hummed a few songs while spraying on the windows and wiping the windows clean.

How she came to singing toxic by Britney Spears off key was a mystery.

Max was woken up by a high pitched screeched, he didn't know whether to laugh or to be scared.

"I'm addicted to you cuz I know that you're toxic!" Liz sung from the top of her lungs as she scrubbed the shining window harder.

In the bedroom, Max rolled over and decided to finally wake up. Once he stripped off his clothes, he went to the bathroom and hoped that the sound of the shower would drown out that awful singing from Liz.

Time had progressed slowly and Liz found herself balancing on the rocks to clean the windows from the outside. To her bad luck, she slipped and torn her jeans. Blood gashed out and she started to scream.

Max turned the shower off and dried himself.

He still thought Liz was singing and mistook her screaming for her singing. He shrugged, flossed his teeth and applied aftershave before combing his hair and slipping into his boxers. Max Evans then went outside to hang his wet towel on the washing line only to find a terrified Liz trying to fend off a hungry bear.

The bear which was nuzzling the rocks where drops of Liz's blood had fallen had walked over the perimeter and was too close to the cabin. Max froze and carefully placed his towel on the chair next to where he stood.

Liz looked at him and her lips trembled.

Max mouthed the words to her. "Stay put, I'll grab a shotgun."

Liz sniffed and nodded, holding her knee tighter and furthering herself away from the bear. Max Evans returned with a shotgun in time and yelled at the bear.

"Hey fuckface, get the hell away from her." He shouted and aimed the gun at the bear.

The bear stopped nuzzling the rocks and looked up at Max with interest. It's ears perked up as Max yelled at it. "Yeah, move away from her." Max said, taking a risk and moving away from the door. The bear followed Max.

"Liz, get inside."

"I can't." She replied, teary eyed. "My knee it hurts so much."

The bear turned to look at Liz again.

"Hey, keep your focus on me!" Max said, clutching the gun tighter.

The bear turned it's face towards Max and growled in anger. Apparently it didn't like being yelled at. Max identified the bear as a male who had dug it's paw deeply into the ground and roared lowly.

Liz sat there frozen stiff, she hadn't been this close to a bear before. It was absolutely terrifying. The sun shining on the thick fur of the black bear made it real. Liz held her breath as she watched Max lead the bear away from her.

The bear snorted and flashed it's sharp teeth again. Only this time, Max knew it was going to go in for the kill.

Bear attacks were grizzling.

They were bloody.

As Max got ready with the gun, the bear literally launched itself at Max, paws outstretched and claws exposed. Max hated this part but he pulled the trigger and the bear who was in mid air was shot in the heart; the wail of the wounded animal was horrid as it lay on the grass weeping before it died.

Max shot the bear again just to make sure it was dead.

Some of his camping friends had not been so fortunate. He didn't want to end up like them.

Max decided to run inside and put the gun down before running to Liz's aid. The blood had coated the whole of her hand and Max winced as he saw how much blood there was.

He lifted Liz up and carried her inside. Liz found herself sitting on the leather sofa, with her leg resting against the table. Max returned with a pair of scissors and a first aid kid. "I'm gunna have to cut your jeans a little bit so I can treat the wound." Max explained. "I hope you understand."

Liz nodded and remained tight lipped.

Max put the stuff on the table and bent down to examine Liz's bloody leg. "Ah, looks like you had a nasty fall."

He grabbed the scissors and began to cut the jeans apart to expose Liz's wound to his naked eyes. After he cut enough of the material off, he began to treat her would very carefully and looked very focused. Liz watched his facial expression in silence, how his brows furrowed and him biting his bottom lip before shifting the tongue in his mouth so it would poke inside of his cheek.

"Doesn't look that bad actually." He murmured while he bandaged her up.

He left her but made haste after grabbing a bowl of water and a flannel.

Liz winced a little as the ointment stung her but she relaxed after Max washed the excess blood off with lukewarm water. He plunged the cloth in the water and squeezed it which cause the water to turn a faint red. Max resumed cleaning Liz's leg and had order her to take her jeans off while he searched for a pair of his short for her.

Max cleaned the stuff away and washed his own hands like the routine of a doctor. Liz was watching him from the corner of her eyes as he walked in out of the kitchen and living room to occasionally check up on her.

An odd feeling of safety lingered inside her. She truly felt safe in the hands of Max Evans.

Although there was still a lot to learn about him.

Max had let Liz rest today. The windows would get dirty anyway and there was really no point in her finish the rest of them. They were clean as far as Max was concerned.

Liz spent the whole day sitting idle and while watching TV with Max, she suddenly started to ask him questions about himself.

Max finished his phone calls and was happy to answer Liz's questions. "I hate beef jerky. It's too chewy." Max said. "What about you?"

"Never tried it." Liz said.

"Ah, you're not missing out." Max told her.

Liz laughed a little. "Okay so put aside the normal stuff, have you ever eaten anything gross?"

Max looked up at the ceiling to gesture that he was thinking and then replied within a second. "Hmmm, let's see the only thing horrible food was lamb's brain. It was like-"

"Oh god." Liz clasped a hand around her mouth. "Lamb's brain?"

"I was in India and they were having lambs brain..." Max chuckled. "I had no choice because the poor woman who made it was the same woman who happens to be my friend's grandma."

"Lamb's brain?!" Liz laughed. "Are you Hannibal lector?"

"It was lamb brain curry actually." Max laughed. "The spices in it kind of altered the taste."

"Ew." Liz scrunched her nose up. "Lamb brain, that's put me off lamb for life."

"Yeah right." Max grinned. "Wait till you try it. It's nice."

Liz put on a sick face and gagged.

"Okay, what did you eat that was so gross?"

Liz sighed. "I was so close to eating raw urchins. It was gross so I didn't do it. My friend Tess, now that's one risk taker. She popped five into her mouth at the same time including half an urchin egg, it was so gross she threw up Max."

"We're talking about you remember?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Yeah okay, I had..." Liz bit her lip. "Sushi."

"Sushi?"

"Yeah raw fish. How disgusting right?"

"That's nothing. I thought you ate a croc's wiener or something." He laughed.

Liz gasped and threw a cushion at Max. "I'm not doing fear factor Max. Ew no way."

"Or bug smoothie." Max snorted into a laughter.

"Haha." Liz stuck her tongue out at Max and hit him with a cushion again while he laughed.

Max didn't know how much fun he was having by talking to Liz. He hadn't laughed like this in years. It was relieving and so addictive. He just wanted to sit for hours and talk with her.

Both Liz and Max grinned at each other and the ambience was warming.

"I was at a sushi bar. I was so excited." Liz suddenly said and held the cushion close to her body. "I saw it in the movies all the time. Posh sushi bar and I just wanted to be in that kind of scene." Liz paused. "And I got there. It was my dad's birthday and he lurrvvves fish." Liz rolled her eyes. "Dried fish, imported fish, raw fish...blah blah blah...it's just he's obsessed with fish so we all went to the sushi bar. I was like fourteen then and my first piece of sushi..." Liz swallowed and released a muffled giggle.

"Tell me." Max's grin spread.

"I had it in my mouth, bit it and the awful most god awful stench filled my mouth and I chocked. Think Doubtfire style and my mum grabbed me from behind and tried to pump that piece of fish out from my mouth. She thought it was stuck in my throat."

"Go on." Max nodded.

"So she touched my ribcage where I'm most ticklish and I just opened my mouth, the fish came out and landed on the hat of some old woman."

Max laughed a little louder.

"Now that old woman.." Liz laughed. "So she saw it and bent over to get it off of her hat but the poor woman's scarf got caught on the conveyer belt." Liz said. "So everyone got pushed out of the way while she was being dragged along for the ride." Liz was so close to tears as she laughed out the story to Max.

"-Eventually she tore her scarf off and had a right go at me.." Liz said and spoke in an shrill voice as the old woman had. "Young lady, don't take in more then you can chew! blah blah blah."

"Oh man, I can't believe that happened at a sushi bar." Max laughed. "Priceless. That should have been on YouTube."

"It should." Liz nodded. "I bet some old geezer did put it on YouTube."

"I shall search for it." Max teased.

"Yeah." Liz blushed.

Their laughter died down and at the end of it was the sound of the door opening. "Hmm that must be Mike and Maria." Max said and got up.

Liz kept herself sitting on the sofa and waited for Max to bring in his friends. She sighed and heard their greeting from the lounge. Resisting her head back on the cushions, she quickly thought about the nice conversation she was having with Max. She was starting to warm up to him. He was really a nice laid back guy. An ideal boss for anyone to have, she thought.

Max came back in the room with Micheal and Maria.

"Hey Liz, meet my best bud Micheal Guerin."

"Hey there." Micheal waved at Liz.

"Hey Micheal."

"Guys this is my housekeeper Liz Parker."

Maria smiled at Liz. "She looks really young and so rejuvenated."

"Liz, meet Maria." Max wrapped an arm around the blonde.

He kissed her on the lips.

"My fiancé."
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 9/1/09 Chpt 4 p.4

Post by Hunter »

Kris
Ginger
destiny
Carolyn
Eve

Ken- oh no, this isn’t a setup, it’s just fate by chance. :mrgreen:
Monica
AlysLuv
Jan
Abbs007
Carrie
Spacegirl23
POM

A/N: Sorry this is such a short part!

Chapter Four

"Could you be a dear and pass the salt to me?" Maria asked with an incredibly smooth slur.

Liz halted in pushing the fork into the fillet of salmon to push the salt towards Maria. "Thank you ma'dear." Maria's lips moved further apart to reveal pearl white teeth.

"Liz maybe it's time to bring that desert in right now." Max threw the napkin down on the table after wiping his fingers.

"Yep, sure." Liz released her fork and pushed her chair back.

While she was in the kitchen, Maria had suddenly appeared behind her causing Liz to stumble with the tray of sundae's in her hands.

"Whoa Miss Deluca!" Liz moved sideward’s to balance the sundae's in her hands.

"Stay." Maria brought one hand that sported perfectly manicured nails on Liz's shoulder .

The grip was firm and ruthless. Liz winced at the contact and narrowed her eyes at Maria. "What?"

Maria lifted a foot up backwards and kicked the door shut with her four inch heel. "I know you're not Claudia Parker." She purred.

Liz gave Maria a look of curiosity. "Yeah?"

"Max tells me everything Liz." Maria snarled. "You're just an eighteen year old that wouldn't be caught dead in bed with a guy like Max."

Liz wasn't sure where Maria was going with this. She frowned in confusion and then realised a second later that Maria was a possessive kind of woman. "Listen Miss Deluca, I have no interest in Mr Evans whatsoever. You don't need to panic." Liz's voice was shaky, letting Maria know how threatened she felt by her.

"Good." Maria's red lips curled into a devilish grin. "Low class people like you should never mix with rich folks like us." She finally let go of Liz's shoulder to toss her hair back. "You're just another housekeeper Liz. Remember that. If I ever.." Maria stepped forwards and brought her lips towards Liz's ear. "If I ever see that you get close with Max or anyone connected with us....it'll be hell for you." She warned in a slow deadly tone.

When Maria pulled back, she smiled at the fear shining in Liz's big brown eyes. Smiling in satisfaction, Maria grabbed a sundae from the tray and dipped one finger into the cream to scoop some of it off and taste it.

"Hmmmm, that's tasty don't you think?" She winked at Liz and reached for the door handle.

Liz watched in stunned silence while Maria departed from the kitchen.

"So how long have you been with Maria?" Liz suddenly asked while fixing the curtains.

Max had stopped typing and took his eyes off his laptop. "Umm.." He scratched the back of his head. "Six months."

"And you guys are already getting married that quick?" Liz sounded surprised.

Her parents had drilled it into her that it was wise to wait for a couple of years before settling down. Ever since, she had believed that everyone at least spent a lot of time to get to know each other before getting married.

"We sort of knew each other before. I mean she used to go to the same college as me and Micheal." Max replied. "We saw each other again when Maria's father died and then things just happened from there. Maria needed a shoulder to cry on and we just hit it off. Now we're getting married."

Liz felt a strange sensation in the pit of her stomach. She knew Maria was not a person she would be friends with especially during that horrible little incident in the kitchen. "I hate to say this Mr Evans but Maria- I mean Miss Deluca....I don't see much of a personality. I mean with you, you're headstrong and Mr Guerin is funny but Maria seems a little standoffish?"

"She's the quiet type just like you." Max smiled.

"I'm not quiet." Liz blushed.

"It's just she's a different type of quiet if that makes sense. She's not shy, she's just observant. She likes to hear and see people first, that's how she get's to know and decide for herself if she can be compatible with them." Max explained, having been understood himself about his fiancé’s character.

"Was she always like this?" Liz folded the unused net in half.

"Nope, she was kind of loud and bubbly in college but that all changed when her father died." Max returned his eyes to the laptop.

"Oh so her father's passing had caused the sudden change in her?" Liz digested the information, trying to understand what made Maria into such a strange person.

"She's a very good woman Liz. I really like her." Max said. "She just needs to be loved that's all."

"Yeah." Liz nodded, deciding to leave this conversation for now. "She is a good woman."

Micheal grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her against him. She moaned when their lips crashed against each other and while he was toying with her swollen nub through her lace panties, she undid his zipper and reached into his pants to stroke him.

"Urghhh oh god!" Micheal shut his eyes and released her, knowing she wanted to perform the action this time.

He rested his head back on the wall and allowed her to push his pants and boxers down his legs. His organ sprang free from the restraints and went straight into her waiting warm mouth. "Hmmmm." She began moving her mouth up and down his hard shaft.

"Oh yes...a couple more." He grabbed her hair, urging her head to move faster. Her slick tongue created a vibrating friction against his manhood which brought him to orgasm quickly.

"Ma-Maria!" He hissed, trying to be quiet as possible as he poured himself into her mouth.

Maria took as much of him as she could while the excess dribbled out of the corners of her mouth. She took him out of her mouth and used her sleeve to wipe the residue away. "Phew." She grinned.

Micheal convulsed and slid down the wall. "I'm sorry I was a bit loud."

Max had taken Liz out to the lake to go fishing which gave them the perfect opportunity to have a little quickie. Maria couldn't have been more happier to seize this chance to spend with her lover.

"It's okay, darlin'." She caressed Michael’s cheek. "We're okay."
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 10/25/09 Chpt 5 p.6

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone :D

Lou
AlysLuv
Carolyn(x2)
Jan
POM
NotYourChick
veronica
Eve
Natalie
Ginger
Courtney
Carrie

Chapter Five

"Are you sure?" Liz asked, holding the box of fish bait as Max helped her onto the boat.

"It'll be ok Liz, I promise." Max guided her to the boat gently, taking care that she didn't fall in the water.

Liz who was uncertain, checked the wobbling water that shook the boat gently. She wasn't used to riding boats, it was kind of scary for her as this was probably her new experience.

"Okay start with your right foot.." Max convinced her to take the plunge and step into the boat with her right foot.

Liz grasped Max's hand tighter as she felt the boat move beneath her foot. Max lead her further into the boat and before they both knew it, Liz dropped the box into the boat and tripped over Max. With her arms around his shoulders, Max placed his hands on her hips to steady her so they both wouldn't fall back.

"Oops." Liz gave him a sheepish smile.

"It's alright." Max settled her down on the bench. "Wasn't that bad was it now Liz?"

"No sir." Liz bent over to reach the box that had fallen from her grasp.

Max's eyes flicked to the exposed hip, that creamy flesh that just begged to be licked. Any other guy would have ravished her by now, he swallowed and removed his hungry eyes from her, feeling ashamed that he had just sort of checked her out. "Right, I'll start the boat." Max said, moving himself away from Liz who had turned back and settled the box between her feet.

When they were up and running, Max chose to sit by the engine and as far away from Liz as possible. It wasn't his fault that she smelt so inviting, the scent of strawberries enticed him to come closer.

Liz on the other hand was admiring the navy lake in it's beauty, the boat sped along the green trees that bowed their heads to the lake; it was a sight of beauty..something she'd see on her nature calendar. Now she understood the nature of beauty, the breeze off the lake and the delicate ripples over the lake's surface. She actually liked this.

"Wow, this is really good." Liz rubbed her thighs, feeling the breeze under her jeans. "It's really pretty."

"It is." Max nodded his head in agreement.

After Max chose one of the hot spots of the lake where they would go fishing, Max helped Liz to set up the fishing equipment and hooked on a plastic fish bait on the hook. "This is something you'd take your kids to do." Liz giggled, remembering the countless number of times she'd see this in movies.

"My dad always took me." Max smiled.

"My dad didn't have time." Liz lowered her eyes, her father was too wrapped up in his own world and she spent most of her childhood with her mother and grandmother. So she grew accustomed to the lady like manners and expecting to play the role of a damsel in distress.

But with Max, she was learning how to become different. She didn't want to be the girl she was raised to be, she wanted to be free and wild but in a good way. "So I assume this is your first time?" He leaned against her and put his hands over hers which were holding the rod.

"Yep."

"Okay, steady." Max helped Liz throw the line with the bait into the water and showed her how to reel.

Liz who was a fast learner picked up the tip he taught her and waited while he went off to set up his own fishing rod. "Let's see who get's the most." He challenged, throwing his line into the water.

"Yeah so we can tell our grandkids about it." Liz laughed.

Five minutes later, Max had caught two while Liz had still was waiting to get one. She kept lifting the line up only to see just a bait on it.

"Don't worry, just be patient." Max told Liz. "My first time wasn't that great either. It took me a week to catch one fish."

Liz frowned and concentrated, wishing a stupid fish would just hook itself onto the bait and get caught. "Come on." She groaned, getting tired of holding the rod. Her arms were aching now.

Soon she felt a tug and excitement shone in her bulging eyes. "Oh my god, I got one!" She began to reel the line in, excited as she had pulled the line up to reveal a fat fish writhing as it was hooked to the bait, the tail of the fish slapped against the water causing both Max and Liz to step back.

Bravely, Liz unhooked the fish and placed it with the other fish in the bucket. Max cheered her as he bent down to examine the fish Liz had just caught. "Wow, it's a pregnant one." He immediately recognised the state of the fish.

"Looks like everyone's having caviar." Liz chuckled, amazed that she actually caught a fish.

"Yeah." Max grinned.

After an hour, Liz managed to catch four more fishes while Max fished out six. "Wow, I think we have more then enough." He looked at the bucket of writhing fishes.

"We have thirteen, it's gunna be a feast." Liz put down the last fish. "I can't believe we caught so many."

"Me either." Max sounded surprised, usually he'd end up with five fishes at least. "Teamwork is the best." He complimented Liz for her first time fishing. "You're good."

"Not as good as you." She replied.

"You'll get there." Max winked.

By the time it was six o clock, everyone apart from Liz were engaged in a light hearted conversation laced with the alcoholic breaths of Maria who sat on Max's lap, giggling the evening away with her bold red painted lips.

"Oh dear, the good times." She huffed, holding a lolly pop in one hand while stroking Max's hair with the other.

Liz was uncomfortable with the setting, all three of them huddled together on the sofa while Maria was gyrating against Max. It was very awkward for Liz to be around them at this point so she had busied herself with clearing the table and washing up much to Max's protest. His concern over her injury was heart touching, Liz hoped that Max would maintain his concern about her because it made her feel...like she was a part of his life; Oddly enough she hadn't known him that much but was willing to learn anything about Max Evans. He put up this front, that he was a happy go lucky business man but Liz was no fool. One of her best traits was that she could read people. Max Evans had something to hide and it made her curious what was it that he kept hidden from everyone.

Picking up the tray, Liz squinted her eyes at Maria and resented her for the fact that she was two faced. The woman had the nerve to threaten her and then act as if everything was okay in front of everyone.

"Liz, come join us!" Micheal announced, hiding his jealousy and hoping to distract himself with the brunette.

"I'll be there in a second." Liz lied, wanting to get away from that room. Maria was beginning to annoy her right now and she was on the brink of a meltdown.

Michael’s face fell when he noticed Maria closing in on Max with her lips. "You want me baby?" She purred.

Liz turned around and walked out of the room, leaving the three by themselves. Once she reached the kitchen, Liz dumped the stuff in the sink and turned on the faucet; Washing the things in a frantic manner, Liz tried to erase Maria's face from her mind. Those big red lips and those green eyes were becoming a face of slyness. That woman had something up her sleeve and Liz had an uncertain feeling about her.

How on earth did such a good fishing trip and a lovely dinner turn into a nightmare followed by a bitter desert? Liz was actually enjoying the day until Maria had gotten drunk and threw herself at Max Evans only to torment Liz. Liz had felt like only Max was the sane one here. He was the one she could trust and now Maria had gotten him drunk and in a stupor too. It was so unfair. Here she was in the middle of nowhere and all alone right now with a bunch of drunk people.

What had she gotten herself into?

After watching, Liz dried the stuff and her hands angrily. Then she had walked passed the lounge only to see the same scene before her. Shaking her head, Liz remembered some leftover chores and went down into the basement, hoping to find some solace there.

She'd never been down into the basement before. Max never sent her there.

But she remembered that he had asked her to help him clean out all the rooms in this cabin. Unable to remember any other work to do, Liz chose to go into the basement. Right now she was standing at the door which was locked.

Reaching for her set of the keys Max entrusted her with, she tried to work out which key matched the lock of the door.

Strangely she didn't posses a key to the basement. "That's odd." Liz thought, shouldn't Max have given her all the keys to the house?

"What are you doing here?" A deep voice sent chills down her body.

Liz immediately spun around and found herself pinned between the basement door and.....Max. "M-Max." She spluttered, trying to return to her normal state.

What was it with Max and him sneaking up on people? He literally had her right there. "You shouldn't be here." His tone was concise and firm that matched his brooding features. His eyes were hooded and he looked very serious.

It was smouldering.

"Max, I thought I'd clean out the basement or something." Liz blurted, feeling intimidated by Max.

"The basement is off limits. Stay out of it." Max warned while his piercing eyes made Liz lower her eyes.

"Fine." Liz mumbled, feeling a little chilly of the closeness between herself and Max.

When Max realised he was blocking Liz's path and moved aside to let her go. Liz gave him one wary look before stumbling away from him and the basement door.

Max pounded his fist on the basement door after Liz was gone.

Liz stuffed her suitcase with her belongings. She should have never agreed to come here in the first place; but did for her grandmother's sake. This place was a nightmare. Max was strange, Maria was a bitch and Micheal....was too shady. They were like Salem’s lot or something. Liz felt like she was the only normal person here. After that fiasco with Max about the basement, Liz knew he definitely had something to hide. Although she was curious, she didn't want to stay around to be more embarrassed.

Cursing Max Evans and his strange behaviour, Liz slammed her stuffed suitcase shut and zipped it. "I can't wait to get out of here." groaned Liz as she pulled her heavy suitcase off the bed.

Dragging her suitcase out onto the hall, Liz quietly tiptoed, wondering whether it was a good idea to actually escape in the night. Who knew if there were hungry bears out there, waiting for an unsuspecting human to become their next meal?

Liz froze and noticed a shadow moving in the darkness followed by a fit of faint giggles. Liz put her suitcase to one side and crept to where the shadow went. In someone's room.

Peering through the ajar door, Liz's eyes bulged. Through the dimly lit room lay a naked Micheal on the bed and Maria was straddling him. "Tell me that I'm your dirty slut Mikey G." She grinded hard against him. "Tell me it babe that you're my pimp and I'm your bitch."

"You're a cock sucking slut and I'm your pimp." Michael’s fingers curled into her skin, aiding her to ride him out with his hands.

"Ahhh..ahhh..." Maria moaned lightly, trying to keep her voice down because her fiancé was fast asleep from down the hall. Sneak sex was such a turn on and she always had the biggest orgasms this way.

Liz tore her eyes away in disgust, feeling the bile rise up in her throat, she quietly left her spot and returned to her room with her suitcase.

Closing her door, Liz closed her eyes.

How could she leave now when the fun was about to start?
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 11/14/09 Chpt 6 p.7

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback

lou
Kris
Courtney
Natalie
Zaneri
Ginger
Jan
Carrie
Carolyn
Eve
lurkers

Chapter Six

Today it was a dreary day. The rain streamed down the foggy windows and the stench of damp wood was starting to become a nuisance. Maria pinched the bridge of her nose while holding the towel around her body with one hand. She was thankful that the water had been steaming hot at least.

Wiping the condensation off the mirror, she stared at her flush complexion. There was no denying that she was pretty. Her honey blonde hair looked beautiful even if it was in damp twisted knots. She could have been a model or something. Instead she was left to be engaged to an Evans.

"No fortune and glory for me yet." She muttered under her breath.

Liz sat on the swinging chair in the porch listening to the sound of gentle rain which was relaxing. Writing in her diary, she made up character profiles for Max, Micheal and Maria so that when she had gone back home, she'd remember what kind of people they were.

Max Evans: Brood, Tall, Dark, Somewhat of an enigma and doesn't seem to talk much. He changes into the nice guy sometimes but then reverts back to being Mr Beast. He has something to hide and that makes him look like a scary person. He might be harbouring a dark secret. I call him Mr Beast because he's so like that beast from Beauty and the beast.

Micheal Guerin: Tall as well, not brunette and has spiky hair that resembles sonic the hedgehog. He's Maria's playmate. He's a liar and a cheat having an affair with his best friend's fiancé. I think he's a little sleazy and desperate. He can't express his true feelings and acts funny.

Maria Deluca: She's pretty but very cunning. I think she may be a femme fatale. She could be playing Micheal too. We know she's money hungry, obviously why would she be doing this? She loves to throw herself at men and threaten people who she deems lower then herself. Like the time when she threatened me not to get close to Max. I knew she was a bitch right there. She's engaged to Max but having an affair with Micheal, his best friend. This is like a soap opera waiting to turn into a bad disaster. Maria's father just died but it doesn't seem that she's mourning. Whenever she's around Max or Micheal, she's all over them with her big red lips.

Isabel Evans: Voluptuous and blonde and a tad bit shy of the cabin, my meeting with her was brief. She's Max's sister and acts like the Cabin is a disease to her. She couldn't wait to get away from it. She's also a mystery. Does she get on with her brother? Her family? Why was she too scared to stay in the cabin?

----

My Grandma/Claudia: Now she's not here right now but she used to be the Evans' nanny. She's wise, calm, gentle and kind. I wonder how they acted towards her and if she knows anything about them. She's recovering in hospital now.

Me, Liz Parker: Confused, lost and even more confused as I'm trying to figure out this riddle my grandma tossed me in. I'm the only brunette girl in this story. That sucks.

"Mind if I sit with you?" Micheal asked, startling Liz who scrambled her legs off the chair and shut her diary.

"Nope, go ahead." Liz clutched her diary tightly as if her life depended on it. She hoped her actions didn't come off as suspicious to Micheal. She felt like a criminal being caught red handed. She felt like....one of them.

"So whatcha doing out here?" He asked harmlessly. Liz Parker never spoke to them much and that bothered him. He liked to meet new people and make sure they were comfortable around him.

"Nothing, I'm just listening to the rain." Liz said, edging away from him slightly.

"Wow. You're one of those people." Micheal mused. "A rain listener."

"Y-yeah." Liz reluctantly agreed, carefully watching Micheal from the corner of her eyes.

"I used to be a city boy." Micheal broke the silence. "But when I saw this place, I fell in love with it." He rubbed his thighs, giving Liz the wrong impression.

Liz held her breath, feeling a little scared to be alone with Micheal. "Yeah it's a nice place."

"Max is lucky."

"I think I should go now." Liz shot up from the chair and gave Micheal one last look before darting away form him. Micheal stared at her in surprise and wondered why she made such a rushed departure.

He sniffed his underarms and when there was no foul stench from there, he shrugged.

"Beats me."

"I'm telling you Tess, I think I need you to come down here." Liz kept her voice low as possible. "These people are so strange. I feel so weird. Please come down. Please. I need normal for once in my life!"

"Liz, it's like only been a week and you already need me." Laughed Tess.

"Tess how many times have I always been there for you? Remember the time when you found out your boyfriend was already married with kids?" Liz pointed out, feeling a little guilty she had to bring that sore subject up.

"Liz, fine, I get it. Just give me the address." Tess sighed.

"Okay..it's.." Liz closed her eyes and tried to remember. "Pine Woods, I'll email you a map and a ticket to get here." Liz replied balancing the laptop on her lap and the phone that was stuck between her shoulder and her ear. "Ours is number 5. You'll have a tour guide lead you here at the lobby." Liz informed as she read from the website.

"God, I hate the countryside." Liz heard Tess groan from the other side of the line. "It's just too buggy and muddy."

"Tess...this is a forest and besides it's really beautiful. They have a lake and a really big cabin. It's gorgeous." Liz described, giving the outside a quick peek from the window.

She could see Max outside with no shirt on as he cut a few logs for firewood with Michael’s help. Finding him shirtless was a little distracting and then Tess had to reel her back in the conversation, realising that something had Liz's attention for a moment.

"How's your knee Liz?" Tess asked.

"It's getting better. Trust me not to fall." Liz laughed, averting her eyes away from Max.

"Yeah. You should be more careful. This is why I hate the countryside Liz. You get hurt and worse...if I broke a nail I would die." Tess whispered, acting like she had just heard a true ghost story.

"Tess you're a joker." Liz sniggered, remembering the countless of times she had to cancel their trips halfway through because Tess forgot to apply powder to her nose or broke a nail that was fake.

"I'm serious. If I get a bed bug under my pristine nail then I'm gunna flip."

Liz stared out of the window again but neither Max or Micheal were to be seen. "Tess, I'm gunna send you that email ok?"

"Hey!" Tess' change of tone caused Liz to jump which almost send the laptop knocking over.

"Shit!" Liz cursed, grabbing the phone and the laptop in time. "Yeah sorry?"

"Can Alex come too?" Tess begged.

"Urgh...fine." Liz put the laptop down on the bed. "Just don't turn it into an entourage party."

"Turn what into an entourage party?" Max asked as he stood in the doorway with no shirt on. Liz snapped her eyes up at him and tried to suppress the groan from seeing his bare chest covered in a sheen of sweat. The way his abs were glazed and tanned...oh dear...

"Liz? Liz? Liz? Are you there?" Came Tess' hapless voice from the other end.

Liz swallowed as she raked her eyes over Max's naked chest. Fuck that was beautiful, Liz thought and felt a little wary of Max's naked gaze on her.

"I was....I'll talk to you later Tess." Liz quickly said and switched the phone off. "Max...um I was just talking to a friend....she wants to come here and bring another friend....is that okay?" Liz blurted.

Max was silent for a moment.

That made her worry.

"Yeah, there's enough room in here."

"Oh thanks." Liz smiled, relaxing.

Max grinned. "No, they can't stay here." Max's voice was concise and sharp making Liz realise that he was being sarcastic before. "Now can I have my laptop back?"

Liz logged off and grabbed the laptop, making sure she didn't take that long she gave him the laptop back and thanked him. Max didn't say anything and walked away leaving a fuming Liz behind.

Max relaxed after a good dinner while watching the news with his friends. Liz was busy cleaning any mess away and had done her duties in a frantic manner which didn't go unnoticed by Max.

"Liz, you can rest now." Max said, hoping she'd calm down.

Liz pretended to ignore him and ripped the torn magazine from the floor, shoving it deep into the bin bag. Maria lay alone on the armchair and sensed something bothered Liz but chose to say nothing and observed her. Micheal on the other hand was trying to keep himself awake but the news bored him to sleep.

Only the sound of Liz's frantic footsteps and her ripping stuff off the table and floors were to be heard with the news playing on the TV.

"Liz take a break." Max said.

"I'm almost done." Liz sounded angry and desperate for Max to leave her alone.

Why couldn't he just take the hint, she wondered.

Max held his breath as he was very tempted to grab the bag from Liz and toss it outside. But then that would show him how he felt and he wasn't in the mood to play guess the emotions. He had to be strict with her and show her that she didn't affect him. Now wasn't the time to let some girl play with his emotions.

So he relaxed in his chair and pretended too, he pretended not to be affected by her. "Suit yourself."

"Oh do me Maria!" Micheal groaned as Maria continued to suck him dry.

Maria ran her tongue across his shaft harder, taking as much as she could while a hand travelled underneath her skirt. She pushed her panties aside and began to stroke herself, feeling the moisture collect at the tip of her fingers.

Liz Parker, much to her disgust, hid in the closet waiting for a moment to come like this. Finally this moment had come and Liz took snapshots of them together with her phone.

Once they were done and spent lying asleep on the bed, Liz opened the closet and darted out of the room as fast as she could.

Now Max Evans would have something else to worry about.

Finding Liz alone in her bedroom, Maria cautiously entered and shut the door. Liz looked up to see her intruder and was surprised at Maria's presence in her room. "What are you doing here?" Liz's voice was cold and harsh.

Maria was expecting Liz to be hostile towards her and therefore was prepared to deal with any of Liz's atrocities; after all she was an expert at that stuff and had many confrontations with people before. Presenting her lady like manners much to her abhorrence of Liz's dirty sneakers, stained jeans and worn out sweaters, Maria reminded herself that Liz was one of the common folk who had no clue.

"So I see you and Max have a little something going on." She rubbed the tip of her tongue inside her cheek, scoffing at the thought of Liz being angry with her fiancé.

"There's nothing between me and Max." Liz clenched her fists, wishing Maria would just leave her alone.

What was it with these people? Liz thought absentmindedly.

Maria lifted one hand up and undid her neatly tied up bun causing her hair to fall down in loose ringlets where they hung. Liz couldn't deny that this woman's hair was neat but that gave her no excuse to treat her like dirt. Maria was as fake as her fake eye lashes, Liz inwardly sniggered.

"Hopefully being more like you will get you to open up." Maria smoothened her dress and with the click of her high heels, she walked towards Liz.

"What do you want Maria?" Liz rolled her eyes.

"I want to know why Max Evans has you so riled up." Maria stopped just at Liz's bed post and placed a hand on her hip.

"Maybe because he's so bossy and annoying?" Liz inquired.

"Max is...I'd have to admit....unemotional and is strict. That's why I love him." Maria told Liz and clasped her hands together. "I think you just better get used to him."

Liz snorted.

Maria raised her eyebrows.

"As I was saying, Max is a charitable man. I'm sure however he is dealing with you is right. Max is a man not to be trifled with young lady."

A few bunch of giggles erupted from Liz. "Why...are you laughing?" Maria asked, suddenly wondering if she wore her dress upside down again. She checked to see it was worn in the correct manner and returned her gaze to Liz.

"Coming from you that sounds so hypocritical."

"What do you mean?" Maria began to worry, Liz looked like she knew something.

Something she shouldn't have known in the first place...

"I know..." Liz got off the bed and walked towards the window, she began to toy with the net and smirked. "Let's just say visiting someone else’s bed is a sin itself." Liz borrowed Maria's tone, knowing it would really cause Maria anxiety. She had been dying to do that for a long time.

"You know about me and Micheal." Maria stated bluntly.

Great, Maria thought. Who knew what Liz would do now?

"Well..." Maria blinked back the tears, there was no way she could blackmail Liz into keeping that secret a secret. Liz hated her already and Maria guessed it was too late for any sweet talking to be done.

"Don't worry...I didn't tell Max." Liz looked at Maria. "I thought you had enough sense to agree to my terms instead."

Maria scoffed and titled her head back. "Like you have terms!"

"I'm serious." Liz shot Maria a glare.

Maria stopped laughing and got to the point. "What do you want?"

"How much are you willing to offer?" Liz let go of the net and folded her arms.

"Wow...you're not as innocent as I thought you were." Maria wiped her fallen tears away.

"I'm not stupid Maria." Liz told her as a matter of fact. "I knew someone like you would find a way to stop me from telling Max the truth and the main reason would be money."

"You have guts, I'll give you that." Maria said. "I'm surprised Max doesn't know already."

"Just shut up and let me do the talking." Liz snapped. "I want 1 million from you for this secret." Liz smirked.

"What?!" Maria looked alarmed. "One million! That is like a third of my inheritance!"

"If you don't stop being so annoying, I'll make it two thirds." Liz declared, willing to push a little harder. She was enjoying this, watching Maria DeLuca squirm, it gave her peace.

"Fine...I'll give you one million in order for you not to tell Max a word." Maria said and pulled a cheque book out of her purse.

"Ah!" Liz stopped her. "No, I want you to transfer it in one of my accounts online Maria." Liz told her. "That way, I get paid and you don't double cross me."

"Fine." Maria shoved her cheque book back in her purse. She couldn't believe she was being black mailed by Liz Parker out of all people, she had never seen this coming. It was more then alarming.

"And that's not all." Liz smiled.

"What now?" Maria sounded desperate, hoping Liz's price wasn't too heavy.

"You convince Max to let my friends come here."

"No way. One peasant is enough!" Maria hissed.

"Or I'll just go and tell Max."

"What evidence do you have?" Maria scoffed, wishing she asked that Liz sooner instead of agreeing to pay her one million dollars!

"Oh I have evidence. In fact, I have many copies already stored on the internet." Liz told Maria. "All I need to do is pick one website and show it to Max or maybe I'll just put it up on YouTube so everyone will see it...hmmmmm, " Biting her bottom lip, Liz fluttered her eyelids at Maria.

"Urgh...I never knew you could be so conniving." Maria groaned.

"So will you pay me the one mil and convince Max to let my friends come here?" Liz asked.

Maria sneered at her. "Yes."
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 11/23/09 Chpt 7 p.8

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone

Kris
Courtney:I also like it that Liz is blackmailing Maria in this, I thought it would be great if Maria had some competition. :lol:
Eve: Yes 1 million is a lot but then again, for some rick folk it's just a number. :roll:
Carolyn: Thanks, I just look forward to your fb. :D
Lou
Earth2Mama: I wouldn't worry about Liz's behavior right now, she's just wanting to get back at Maria.:)
Alysluv: See that would be too easy if they got rid of Maria. Don't you think she should suffer a bit? :wink:
Zaneri: Ah you may be right, but we'll have to see what happens next. :mrgreen:

Chapter 7

Max brought the cup of latte to his lips as he watched from the computer screen. He couldn’t believe what was happening; Sweet innocent Liz Parker wasn’t so sweet after all.

Watching her blackmail Maria into keeping that god awful secret had surprised Max. He didn’t think Liz would be that involved in their business. Now he’d have to watch her too.

But that wasn’t of inconvenience. Max had enough cameras fixed in the house to go around. He did feel like a pervert by playing big brother but he had to do this. It was a matter of justice.

Placing the empty cup down, Max focused on another screen and zoomed in watching Michael make a discreet phone call.

Years of friendship were disrupted by Maria, a femme fatale who really hurt Max. At first he had almost been blindsided by Maria too only to realise she wasn’t who he thought she was. He shook his head as he listened to the conversation between Michael and his sister. Isabel had also been involved in this situation despite Max warning her to stay away.

However, Isabel had insisted to play a two timing spy. One being a loyal friend to Michael making sure he trusted her and on the other hand, she had been helping her own brother find out the truth. Max knew what Isabel wanted. She hated Maria from day one.

[FLASH]

Finding her sitting on the steps of a club they frequently went to, Max coughed and ignored the fact that Isabel’s legs were bare. He told her to dress appropriately because he had wanted his girlfriend to get a good first impression of his sister. But Isabel had decided to be herself, meaning short skirts, skimpy tops that could pass off as a bra and her wild child look were definitely not conventional.

He and Isabel were having a rough patch since he had found Maria. Isabel was pissed off that he was dating the woman she despised for so long.

“Isabel…this is Maria.” Max pulled Maria forward, hoping Isabel would be polite.

“Fuck it is Maria.” Isabel scoffed, pushing her breasts forward as she leant back. “So Maria, am I slutty enough for you?” Isabel growled.

“Max.” Maria turned her eyes to him, gesturing that he should deal with his insolent sister.

“Isabel please.” Max begged, he didn’t wish to cause a scene and make the situation more worse.

Isabel tossed her hair back and snapped. “No Max..” She stood up, standing against her brother.

“You know this bitch is gunna cost you, she’s evil, just look at her.” Isabel pointed at Maria, almost jabbing her index finger on the soft flesh of Maria’s arm. “One day you will realise she’s not a sweet little girl and is double crossing you. Then what are you gunna do?”

“Maria wait outside for me in the car.” Max said, knowing that things would get ugly.

“No.” Isabel grabbed hold of Maria’s arm and jerked her towards her closer. “Let the bitch stay, after all the stripper’s routine is coming up.” She told Maria snidely earning a big fat smack from Maria.

“How dare you?!” Maria was heaving, looking like she had received the biggest insult.

Before Isabel could sink her nails into Maria, she was stopped by Max who barricaded himself between the girls. “Stop it!” Max tried but his sister simply turned her head to the side and spat in Maria’s face.

“That’s what you get bitch.”

[End of flash]

All this time his sister had been right. Maria was nowhere near sincere and innocent. Max rubbed his forehead. This whole secret mission thing was hard. He felt like he had no one. His sister was far away back home and his best friend had fallen under Maria’s spell.

His only comfort, his only sanctuary was the basement.

Where he kept a watch on everyone in the cabin.

Liz winced when she uncovered her bandages and saw her recovering knee. It was ugly. It was too grotesque for her to even describe. The stinging pain was slowly fading away but it hurt like hell when she took a shower.

Discarding the used bandage, Liz grabbed a clean roll and applied it to her knee after dabbing a bit of ointment on it. “There you go.” She mumbled after success fixing the bandage on her swollen knee.

She returned to the bathroom to wash her hands and when she had come back, she found Max sitting on her bed.

“Is it me or do you love giving me surprise visits?” A boost of confidence overtook her, it wasn’t nothing new finding Max popping up in her bedroom.

“Don’t get your hopes up.” Max’s smile was friendly, Liz could never suspect what lay behind that look. “I just have a couple of jobs for you to do.”

“I’ve done them all.” Liz replied, walking closer to the window.

“I have a few extra jobs for you.” Max grinned.

Liz cursed as she swept the leaves off the front porch, it was very windy today and the wind kept bringing back the leaves she had already cleared away, hoping it would stick to the pile of leaves she had created.

Max was watching her, sitting on the swinging chair with his hands tucked behind his head. He was clearly enjoying this and she was getting fed up.

“Liz, a few leaves just flew over here.” Max hollered, gladly causing more work for her as he emptied his bag of leaves that he had in storage.

She deserved this, Max thought and tried to ignore the look of despair on Liz’s face.

Liz gritted her teeth as she climbed back up on the porch to sweep the small pile of leaves away at Max’s feet.

Gee I wonder how they got there, she wondered suspecting Max Evans of foul play.

Max stretched, pretending it was natural and stuck his foot out making sure he kicked the leaves so they spread further.

He smiled a little when he heard Liz groan. “Sorry.” Max gave her an innocent look before going back to yawning as if he wasn’t bothered at all at what he had just done.

Liz glared at him and shook her head. She just got on with her work and swept the leaves towards her, bringing them past Max’s feet but then Max sat up and faked a loud sneeze, causing Liz to jump backwards as the broom fell out of her hands.

Liz fell right onto Max’s lap which took them both by surprise. Max’s arms instantly went around Liz’s hips to hold her in place. His body had instantly reacted to the contact.

Speechless as she was, Liz just stared at Max, her hair whipping both hers and Max’s face as the breeze flew across them. Max’s fingers removed the hair from their faces out of their own accord.

“I’m sorry.” Instead of a superficial innocent tone, Max had spoken with a deep and husky voice while Liz’s large brown eyes held his gaze.

Liz however, had been too shocked to move a muscle.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 1/8/10 Chpt 8 p.10

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone :D

Kris
Earth2Mama
Lou
Courtney
Zaneri -
You are an excellent writer. Thanks for the update I look forward to more.
aww thanks :oops: :D You're right about Liz having to redeem herself. But will Max believe her? :wink:
Natalie- Oh Natalie, you have no idea what my cruel naughty mind has in store for these two :lol:
Carolyn
Ginger
Alysluv
Vanessa
Carrie
Eve- I'm not going to comment much on about Max's way of dealing with people but he has his reasons. :wink: Eventually you guys will find out that secret and hopefully see why he acts the way he does.
L-J-L 76 - Thanks for your questions, you'll learn the answers gradually. :mrgreen:
POM (x2) - Thanks for the bump! I almost forgot to update this story.
destiny
Cassie- The freak does come out when Maria's behind closed doors :lol: , it's a reason why Max needs to play big brother. Aww he looks creepy to others but you'll learn the reason soon why he has to be this way.
BuffyAnneSummers

It's snowing here and I'm trapped inside. The UK has never had such a freeze before, well it's not that bad but at least I got an excuse to edit and fix this part. I hope everyone's had a happy new year and made satisfactory resolutions. :wink:

Enjoy!

Chapter 8

"Here Mom.." Jeff Parker, a very tired grumpy man sat beside his recovering mother who thanked him once she took the cup of water from his hands.

Her throat was unbelievably dry, making it unpleasant for her to speak. So she croaked. In the room, there were three of them. Claudia, her son and her daughter in law who was restless. Not about her medical condition but about Liz Parker. Nancy Parker hadn't forgiven Claudia for sending her precious daughter towards the path of Max Evans and his allies; worst of all, Liz Parker was living in the middle of nowhere.

But that was nothing. Nancy had never accepted Claudia as her mother in law. The two women had never gotten along due to some old wives tale about the hatred shared between mother and daughter in law. It was some feud that Claudia had been willing to settle but Nancy had worried about her mother in law's influence over her daughter and deemed it negative; so she had not been willing to put their differences aside. Nancy preferred to ignore the sight of a weak Claudia and held her heart, coming across as an unfeeling selfish woman.

Claudia only felt sorry for her son who was caught in between this in law drama. "Nancy honey, how are you?" Claudia rasped, feeling slightly better after drinking that cup of water.

Nancy stopped pacing up and down, glanced at her husband for once second before turning her eyes back on her mother in law. "How do you think? I'm worried sick. My baby girl's gone someplace I don't even know my way around."

Jeff chose not to intervene this time, he agreed with his wife for the first time. He never let his daughter roam around their small hometown let alone in the middle of nowhere.

"Trust me Nancy, Liz is fine. She sent you that email just this morning didn't she?" Jeff had told his mother all about the email like an excited little boy and Claudia was surprised to hear that Liz was settling in just well.

She adored the Evans herself; they were the best family apart from her own that she had ever known. The children were absolutely well mannered and very good. Max and Isabel Evans were definitely like her own grandchildren but Claudia had known that those children whom she got to know so well, no one else knew that much about them and formed rather stereo typical opinions of them. Isabel was seen as a horrid woman, Claudia believed the term these kids used nowadays was "bitch" and "slut", only Claudia knew that this was Isabel's form of defence against guys who just wanted to maul her. She was proud of Isabel and happy that Isabel knew how to be choosy when it came to men. Then there was Max Evans, he was the shy one but people often called him over confident and proud. Max had also shared similar traits with his sister, he had been choosy in his partners and barely kept close to the women he had been with; although he was known as some sort of ladies man, he had never treated women as sluts but merely unsuitable suitors for himself and discarded them with respect. Claudia was fully aware he had been with Maria DeLuca, a disagreeable and a strange woman indeed she was. With her deceptive eyes, Claudia knew that Maria was no good for Max. However, Max had been blind back then and had good relations with Maria's father so he had taken Maria to be his future wife.

She didn't know what was happening with them right now, there was no news of Max's marriage with Maria and it had been an awful long time. Claudia knew that Max never had long term relationships. Max had also shared his feelings about Maria.

She's kind to me but there's something about her that I just don't understand. She's...not appeasing in every way.

"Absolutely." Claudia suddenly blurted, deep in the centre of her thoughts.

"What?" Nancy frowned, stopping again in her tracks.

"Nothing." Claudia realised she had been thinking too much about the Evans and threw the empty cup in the trash next to her hospital bed.

She would be going home in a few days and then would find out what exactly had her grand daughter been going through. The Evans children were definitely a bunch of hard nuts to crack; Especially Max Evans.

Waking up in the early hours of the day, Liz felt like sleep left her along time ago. The onset of insomnia was rapid. She had wanted to sleep her ass off but her body didn't allow her too. Her eyes kept opening and her mind was very active. She was thinking about Max Evans. Again.

So she lay still in her cosy bed.

He wouldn't even let her sleep now, her mind refused to let go and constantly kept her wondering about Max Evans' intentions. She knew without a doubt that he was being a man bitch to her last night. When she fell on his lap, Micheal had walked in the moment and Liz dashed off Max's lap; running back in the house with shame written on her face. She actually felt warm in his lap. It was a little sexy but horrifying. How could she even have those sort of thoughts with Max Evans? He was engaged and he was an ass to her; plus he was her boss. Employer and boss relationships could never go further.

Liz reminded herself that she deserved better; when she went home, she would eventually meet a guy around the same age as her and get with him; any thoughts of Max Evans would fly out of the window.

Oh my god, that was stupid. How could she even think about Max like that?

She felt so stupid and embarrassed now. Of course he wouldn't even be attracted to her; she wasn't rich, she wasn't beautiful but she was young. Did Max go for young girls? No. He couldn't be a pervert could he? But Liz wasn't sure of his age. She knew without a doubt he was in his twenties. He looked young but he had that manly look about him. Sometimes he looked boyish but he was definitely masculine.

I'm an adult now. Liz reminded herself. I'm eighteen. I can have a relationship with anyone if I want to. Even with a 50 year old; and then repulse was written on her face. Ew.

Punching her fists into her pillow, Liz puffed her pillow up and snuggled in to the warmth. If she should ever meet her soul mate, he should look a little like Max but he should be a gentleman; not a man bitch.

That was the last off her thoughts before she tried to get a little sleep.

Maria prepared herself for Max's numerous questions this morning. That's why she hadn't gone and done this deed straight away; things needed planning and she thanked her mother for that theory. It helped with her acting career; she was still working on that but had completed one film where she was played a supporting role. Maria found it so easy to act. It was in her genes.

"Max, I think we're really being hard on the girl. We should give her a break." Maria feigned her empathy for Liz and was impressed with how concerned she sounded for Liz, the rat.

Max mused and played along, fully knowing why Maria was asking him this. He had to admit though; he was surprised that Maria could actually stay true to a blackmail she had been subjected too. But then a little voice in the back of his head reminded him, she's doing this so she could cover up her crime.

He was strongly convinced Maria would go to any lengths to hide what she did. Even follow up on a blackmail.

"Fine, I'll let her friends come here." Max said and hoped those two friends of Liz's would stay out of the way unlike Liz Parker who had landed in the middle of his secret mission.

Maria acted happy and threw her arms around Max who didn't return the gesture and remained still. "Oh thank you! I knew you would come through! I'm so happy for Liz!"

Yeah right, Max wanted to laugh.

He found her in the washing room, stuffing their dirty clothes into the washing machines. Liz was having trouble deciding which washing liquid and powers to use so she lined them up on the shelve and tried to make a choice.

Max stood by the doorway and watched her, she had this look on her face. Her ceased frown as if she was really concentrating on making a choice. "Ini, mini, miney moe, your mom is a big fat hoe." Liz sighed and then started her little song again.

Max stifled a laugh and looked to see if Liz heard but she seemed to busy trying to pick a washing liquid. "That's the powers out of the way." Liz pushed the powers back and then was left down to three washing liquids.

Frustrated with not choosing the one she thought was effective, Liz picked the middle one and pouring it into the machine. Closing the bottle and the machine, she fumbled with the buttons and was surprised herself to have actually pressed the right button. In no time the machine was churning away happily washing the dirty clothes that were stuffed inside it.

Completely unaware that Max was standing behind her, Liz carried on singing the same song as she unloaded the next batch of clothes into the other washing machine. Max was trying had not to laugh, never in his life had he met such a funny girl. Liz was a riot, a complete barrel of laughs; even though she didn't know it.

Liz picked an item that she believed was Maria's. It was a small red blouse. Holding it in her hands, Liz noticed several food stains on the blouse; concluding that Maria ate like a pig, Liz smelt the blouse and quickly withdrew her nose, her eyes were closed and she felt disgusted. "God knows how long that's been unwashed." Liz threw the offending shirt into the machine, quickly rushing to the sink to wash her hands.

Maria's blouse had a standoffish smell about it, Liz smelt the over rich potpourri that was on the blouse but it smelt of B.O. That awful sweaty salty smell, Liz worried that she had damaged her smell sense forever. "God, I hope my nose doesn't fall off." She looked in the mirror and checked her nose.

Max bit back his laughter as he watched her quietly. When Liz was busy checking her nose in the mirror, Max walked to the machine and poured the liquid in before shutting the machine and turning it on. Liz spun back to see Max behind her.

"Fancy seeing you stalking me again." Liz said and turned the faucet off, feeling slightly embarrassed that Max had witnessed her saying all these things, especially about his fiancé.

Max's lips curved into a small smile. "Your friends are coming here, expect them to reach here by tomorrow evening by the latest."

Liz was surprised. Maria had actually asked Max? Wow.

"Cool, I'll email them right away." Liz proceeded to walk out of the washing room but Max stopped her.

"Just to be sure, I have a condition." Max told her. "They will help you with your chores. If not, they will be sent back. This is no vacation. Understood?"

Liz nodded. "Understood."

Max then scratched the back of his neck, he had wanted to talk about yesterday and seeing Liz just wait for him to finish, he just had to bring the subject up. "What happened yesterday on the front porch, you falling on my lap. That was wrong." His eyes already piercing. "Don't let it happen again." He had to be cold about this, this girl had to know where she stood in this house. She was just a simple housekeeper and nothing else. Her grandmother was someone else; someone important, but this girl couldn't take advantage of that fact that she was related to his favorite nanny. She had to work her way up and earn that respect just like everybody else. He couldn't be stupid, not after that awful mistake he had made in the past.

Liz looked neutral about the topic and nodded. "Don't worry. It won't."

She felt more determined then ever to unlock that basement door. She knew something was up down there and she made it her first intention to find out what it was. She was a little pissed off at Max but that added to her curiosity about him. The more she talked to him, the more she wanted to learn what was behind that basement door.

But she sucked at planning. She had to get her hands on that key somehow. Maybe one of her friends could swipe it off or something; Max already knew Liz was in charge of the keys, when that basement key would go missing; he would accuse her and he would be right. It would be in her possession.

Maybe if she got Max drunk and sedated along with Micheal and Maria so no one would interrupt her finding out what was in that basement. No. That was stupid. Liz hadn't had the guts to poison anyone with drugs. It was sick to even think that, it was like date raping. She couldn't do that.

Or maybe if she suggested some sort of outdoor activity and got them all locked out of the house so she could quickly find out the basement's secret. Yeah, that thought had some credit; she could always blackmail Maria.

Liz sat down by the kitchen table and thought hard. How would she get the key? When Max has a shower? But where does he keep his keys?

Burying her face in her hands, she thought harder.

Tess threw herself in Alex's arms when she read the email sent by Liz. "Looks like we're going after all!" She squealed, excited as ever.

Alex put Tess down and looked blank. "Yeah but we have to work there, we don't get paid at all."

"I don't care!" Tess exclaimed. "It's gunna be like a major sleepover slash vacation! We're gunna have so much fun!" She threw herself in Alex's arms again.

"You're acting like it's some lost weekend." Alex laughed, patting Tess on the back.

"It is!" Tess pulled back, her eyes wide with sheer excitement. "It's gunna be so cool. So pack your condoms, contraception pills and sex toys. We're gunna have fun."

Alex frowned. "Tess....there are no people there to have sex with." He reminded her. In Liz's email, as far as he was concerned the people were out of bounds and completely undesirable. Max was engaged and Micheal..he wasn't gay but he wasn't sure if Tess would jump his bones. Tess had a knack for sex. She was a sex addict.

"There might be sexy guys in the area, there's more then one cabin duh." Tess rolled her eyes. "It's Elk Wood Springs. It's every person's sex fantasy Alex. You get sauna sex there, you get naked on the cabin roof and fuck like bunnies, heck you go skinny dipping and fuck in the water over there."

"It full of bears Tess." Alex told her. "Liz almost got attacked by one and that was right next to the cabin," For Alex, safety was everything; even with girls, he had always used protection and avoided chat up lines.

Tess ignored his concerns and carried on. "You get boat sex, you get tree sex, you get meadow sex, you get leather arm chair sex, you get-"

"Okay!" Alex put his hands up in defeat, Tess would definitely have her sex fix there and no one could stop her. "Fine, I get it. But don't sleep with people that you just can't sleep with." Alex told her. "I don't want you sleeping with someone’s husband and then ending up in a extra marital love triangle where the husband wants you but treats you like a mistress and keeps his trophy wife at the same time." Heaved Alex.

"Trust me Alex, I don't feed off another woman's gourmet platter." Tess scoffed, she worried that her friends thought she was some husband stealing slut, but she wasn't. She never slept with another woman's man. Ever. Unless the men lied to her and hid their wedding ring if they had one.

"I'll go get some condoms." Alex said and threw on his jacket. "I might even consider going around." Alex muttered, he hadn't had a girl in years and hoped that some lucky lucky sexy mama would jump his bones there.

Tess nodded and grabbed her purse and then held Alex's hand. "I'm going with you."
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 1/24/10 Chpt 9 p.11

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Ellie
Carolyn
Kris
Ms_BuffyAnneSummers
Natalie
Eve
Zaneri
Courtney
L-J-L 76
Cassie

Chapter 9

Slipping back into his car, Michael turned on the engine and looked in the rear view mirror. To his surprise, Maria DeLuca was sitting in the back seat; wondering what his best friend's girlfriend was doing in his car, he asked her what her problem was. She shouldn't have snuck on him; he could have had an accident.

She seemed upset and her eyes were red. "Michael...just drive." She wiped most of her fallen tears away and he did as she told him. He drove away from the gas station and they were on 285 south. She hadn't said anything but was crying softly in the backseat.

He liked her. Although he could never admit it because she was taken by his best friend, she was stunning. Her beauty had attracted him and he was compelled to know more but he held himself. Max was like his brother and he would never betray him like that. So he put on a little music to calm her down. It wasn't exactly calming music since Greenday was on the stereo. He was a typical guy and it showed.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.

Maria's sobs subsided and she put her seatbelt on; Michael smiled when she did so and he pulled towards the side, just a few yards away from the huge pond he used to go to whenever he was upset. Turning off the engine, he turned his eyes on her and she did the same. Her eyes were bloodshot red and it made him worry.

"What's the matter?" His voice was calm and gentle.

"My dad's been having an affair." She croaked and more tears leaked out of her swollen eyes.

Michael bit his lip and felt sorry for her. "That's bad." From what he had heard, Maria's father was a legend. He was a very good man and never engaged in illegal or illicit activities. Max praised the man and treated him like a second father. Michael had met the man a few times but didn't know him as well as Max did. All he could do was nod and listen to Maria pour her feelings out.

"She's young, hot but how could he ya know?" Maria shook her head in denial. "How could he do that to Mom?" Another tear fell and this time Michael reached out to wipe it. Maria looked shocked but relaxed as Michael's thumb brushed a few tears away.

"It's gunna be okay." He said, not knowing what he was getting himself into. "It's gunna be ok."

Michael opened his eyes and lay still in bed for a moment. Waking up with a guilty conscience every day, it burdened him. He had turned into Maria's father, he was a cheat. But he was a weak man, he was in love with Maria and took those stolen moments he had with her and cherished them. He was sleeping with Maria in Max's cabin. It was disgusting.

It was time to stop but he couldn't and the memories came flooding back. Of how he had given into his selfish desires. He rolled off the bed and staggered into the shower. As the cold water his hard skin, he thought about his friendship with Max. They had grown up together and Max had always been there for him. He couldn't believe he was doing this to Max. Everyday was the same ever since he slept with Maria.

She told him that Max wasn't affectionate with her and hadn't satisfied her at all. Michael had resisted that, he didn't care if Max was not intending to love Maria in fact it made him happy. She then told him that Max was messing around with her, he had also been happy because he wasn't sure if Max was going to marry Maria after all. The prolonged engagement was going on for months. He knew Max was a difficult person and liked to get things over and done with. Max hated having long term jobs. He also had never been with a woman for so long. Max also had commitment issues.

Then Maria, that day she came onto him with her tears and her sob story. He wanted to get rid of the pain for her.

It has to stop Michael.

He heard his own voice yell at him in his mind. It was time he came clean with Max and made a decision.

He found Max sitting in the office, working on some business he had. Max was also the hard working type. Michael smiled. He had also taken after his father's footsteps and managed a real estate business mainly involving land and buildings. Max's father was a good business who managed to have more then 100 buildings made with twenty five percent of them being hotels. Michael was a lawyer who worked with them and enjoyed it.

Back in the days, after a hard day's work; he and Max would hit the bar and talk about anything, sex, women, porn, and marriage. Whatever it was, Michael was the bad influence. He had coaxed Max to go to strip clubs and watch naked women pole dance. He had tried to loosen Max up but Max always resisted. It always felt like that Max was always waiting for someone. Even Maria couldn't get him to fully commit.

Michael gently rapped at the door. He could fix his friendship up with Max. He missed it. "Hey man."

Max stopped scanning through the files and looked up to see Michael at the doorway. "Yeah?" He kept his tone slightly informal but he was going to deal with Michael in a formal way. Max always saw explicit scenes of Maria and Michael making out whenever he saw either of them. It stuck to his brain and he just wanted to rip those scenes out of his head. Sometimes playing big brother was a curse.

"Can we talk?" Michael invited himself in the neat old fashioned office. It smelt like peppermint and looked like a movie set.

"Sure." Max closed the while and leaned back in his chair, giving Michael his full attention. He just didn't have it in his heart to turn Michael away.

Michael sat down on the chair and cleared his throat. "I feel as if..." He sucked at starting conversations. He shook his head and carried on. "I feel as though we live under the same roof, we don't really...I mean we're like strangers. I feel like I'm just another person to you Maxwell and that bothers me."

Max pretended to look surprised. "That does?" His frown marred his facial features and it seemed like he was confused.

Michael sensed this and elaborated on his feelings. "We used to be tight man, playing pool on Monday nights, bowling on Tuesday nights, darts on Wednesday, basketball on Thursday and finally naked chick spotting on Friday." Michael and Max laughed at the last few words of Michael's.

"Naked chick spotting!" Max scoffed, grinning at the same time. "I remember you tricked me in to going to a strip club for the first time."

"Black mailed actually." Michael laughed, remembering he had caught Max stealing some Snapple from the kitchen and using that against Max; they were twenty one at the time. Max had never been to a strip club before and Michael was determined in taking him to one.

Max chuckled and rubbed his nose. "Good times." He nodded, he did miss those good old days.

"Good stuff." Michael nodded too.

Max and Micheal both felt the awkward silence creep in. "I'm sorry you feel that way Michael. I've just had my hands tied." Max broke the unnerving silence. "I've been busy."

"I know that but this is a vacation. We're here to leave work behind and enjoy ourselves." Michael reminded him. "Wasn't that part of the plan?"

Max nodded. "I know, you're right." He scanned his scattered files on the desk. "I shouldn't bring my work on vacations."

"Damn right that is." Michael agreed and then formed an idea. "Hey...let's camp outside tonight. What do ya say?"

Jeff wheeled his mother through the hospital doors with some assistance from a nurse. He was grateful that his mother was finally dismissed after weeks in hospital. She had a stroke and had fell in to coma for a few days, he had never been so scared in his life and had believed she wouldn't make it. But she had. She was 68 years old and was a very tough woman. He was so happy that she was better now.

"I want to see Lizzie." Claudia announced, sitting in the wheelchair with a pout on her face.

"Mom..." Jeff knew it was hard to convince his mother about anything, she may be 68 years old but she had the mind of a child. "We will have a phone call with Liz tonight and see if she can come back as quick as she can."

Claudia nodded, she terribly missed her granddaughter and wondered how Liz was coping with Max and his friends.

Liz ran down the stairs and flung the door open once she heard the knocking. She barely had time when Tess threw herself in Liz's arms, knocking the wind out of her. "Aw Jesus! Tess!" Liz hugged her back.

Once Tess had released Liz after what seemed like an eternity, Liz saw Alex standing with a middle aged black guy who she assumed to be a tour guide. "I guess we've found the right place then." The man said and quickly dismissed them, getting back to his duties and fled the scene after Alex had thanked him.

"Alex!" Liz stretched her arms and hugged her other best friend.

"How's life treatin' ya Liz?" Alex chuckled, giving a bear hug to Liz.

"Alright." Liz pulled him in the cabin and closed the door. "How are you guys?"

"We are flipping cool!" Tess squealed, barely containing her bursting excitement. "Aww thanks for inviting us!" Tess went in to hug Liz again.

At that point, Maria heard the commotion and decided to check for herself; she wasn't surprised to see Liz Parker standing with two other peasants’ by the door.

"Oh, it's the infamous three musketeers." She flicked her hair back, batting an eyelid in disproval.

"Don't pay any attention to her." Liz told her friends. "She's just mad because she got caught sleeping with her fiancé’s best friend." Liz rolled her eyes.

Maria dropped her mouth while Liz's friend laughed. "What a slut." Tess commented and gave Maria a dirty look. "I guess upper class people aren't all that." She gagged.

Maria shook her head. "I'm so much better then you people. At least I've earned my money instead of trying to steal someone else’s money." She fumed at Liz. "You bla-"

Max and Michael walked down the steps, engrossed in a conversation; their footsteps were heard and Maria silenced herself. Now wasn't the time to have a bitch fight. Liz and her friends also did the same and acted neutral when the two guys joined them in the hall way.

Max looked at Liz first. "Your friends are here." He gave the other two a sideward’s glance. "Good, you can show them to their rooms and get them started on their chores."

"Chores?!" Tess exclaimed, yes she had heard about that in the email Liz sent her but she had taken it as a joke. She hadn't prepared herself for the possibility that she would have to work too.

Max looked stern and coughed. "Yes chores, it's why you're here unless you wanna go back home."

Liz nudged Tess in order to shut her up. "He's the boss."

Tess frowned and then nodded. "Fine."

The only chores she would be doing is sleeping around.

"So we get free food, free shelter and accommodation in exchange for our services." Alex helped Tess unpack her things in Liz's room. "Nice."

"Don't be so hard on the guy." Liz replied, sitting on the bed. "His fiancé and his best friend are creepin' behind his back."

"That's so sad." Tess remarked. "It's a reason why he really needs to get laid. The guy's clearly not getting any."

Alex's ears perked up on the word 'laid' and he started to laugh. "Tess, I don't think he'll be interested in you."

"Ew." Liz cringed, the image of her horny best friend and her timid boss was enough to make her puke. "That's gross. He's hot but ew....I can't see that happening."

"Shut up." Tess laughed with them. "I'm not a slut that goes around." She giggled, although she thought Max Evans was a fine specimen of oozing hotness, she had a feeling that getting her claws into him wasn't favorable to her or him. "I'd rather sleep with my own boss." Tess purred.

"You don't have a job Tess." Liz reminded her.

"I used to." Tess innocently shrugged and began to file her nails. "But it's a shame because I was underage then. I couldn't get a ride on Mr Harold."

Alex and Liz shared a look of disgust which didn't go unnoticed by Tess. "What? He was only twenty. I call him Mr Harold in the porn sense, it just makes things much more sexier." Tess explained with a grin on her lips. "He calls me sugar lips in my fantasies."

Alex looked amused and Liz looked slightly uneasy. "Wow, aren't you a horny bitch Tess?"

"And proud of it." Tess nodded. "I think I'm gunna get a T shirt that says that." She looked up at the ceiling and frowned. "Do they have any of those?"

"Are you sure you're not gunna scare the guys away." Liz laughed and stretched her limbs before lying down on her bed.

"I was thinking it'll do quite the opposite."

Liz was happily sorting out the washed clothes and folding them. The smell of fresh clothes was nice; humming quietly to herself, Liz deposited each set of clothes to their rightful rooms. She started with Maria's first and then Michael's. His clothes had his name stitched on it and it was so funny and cute at the same time.

Last but not least, it was both her clothes and Max's. She put her own clothes away first and then decided to go to Max's room. He wasn't there and Liz was relieved. Usually he had been mean to her whenever he saw her. She couldn't say she didn't like him because she did a little, he was nice to her a bit. She had seen glimpses of his affection and concern; she knew he masked it up by being an asshole.

Laying the clothes down on the bed in a neat pile, she stopped humming and looked at the bed. Flashes of her lying between the sheets in her underwear came to the surface of her mind and she blushed. He had seen her, he had first seen her like that. It made her curious to know what he thought about her. Did he think of her as a slut?

God, she hoped not.

After she was done, Liz proceeded to walk out of Max's room and just as she took the last step out of the doorway, he appeared. He had gone to his room to make a phone call and hadn't expected to see her there.

They stopped within a feet of each other and gazed at one another. "Liz."

"Mr Evans." Liz swallowed, he did look very good close up and she always felt nervous around him. She bit her lip and waited for him to say something. But then she broke the silence instead. "I was just sorting out the laundry." Liz pointed back towards the bed, showing him the clothes on his bed.

Max nodded and thanked her. They shared another moment of awkward silence. "Liz...I wanted to see you actually."

Liz swallowed again. "Yeah?"

"I wanted your opinion." He gave her a small smile and she couldn't help but think he looked boyish when he did that. "Erm...Michael wants a camp night. You know just outside the cabin."

"Oh." Liz nodded and then asked Max what he thought about it.

"I think erm it's fun but a bad idea too. Remember the bear?"

Liz smiled and bit her bottom lip. "Yeah, you saved me."

They shared a secret smile and Liz liked where this little conversation was heading. "I think, truth be told that I'm not an outside person myself. If there are bears out there then it's unsafe. Maybe we can have an alternative." Liz told him and then her mind was clashing against her words.

Camp night meant that she could try and find the key. If everyone was outside in tents, she could slip back into the cabin and find the key but then Max would have it on him. She knew he wasn't stupid. Damn.

"I'm listening." Max said softly.

"Erm we could watch an old classic horror film, eat popcorn, marshmallows with chocolate." Liz suggested. "At least we know that we're safe."

"Yeah that sounds good."

"So it's a night in then?" Liz looked hopeful.

"It's a night in." Max agreed and then excused himself; he walked in to his bedroom and closed the door.

Liz was left standing outside his room and tried her best to stop smiling. She believed she was actually warming up to Max Evans.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Stuck With You (AU, M/L, Adult) 2/24/10 Chpt 10 p.12

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone

carolyn
destiny
Kris
Eve
Courtney
Natalie
Ellie
Ginger
L-J-L 76
Zaneri

Chapter 10

"Pass the popcorn." Alex yawned, reaching out with his hand.

Seconds later, Maria dumped the bowl onto his hand and Alex was busy munching away on the popcorn. Michael was sitting alone on the armchair with a disturbed face while Tess lay sprawled on the floor with her legs in the air. Max sat at the other side of the sofa with Maria between him and Alex.

Liz sat on the floor, a few inches away from his knees.

She loved this film.

It was a sci fi thriller.

The film was a big hit and she adored it. They were watching signs, the film was explicitly creepy but it was scarier then any other horror film she had seen. She could watch this over and over again and still get scared.

"Oh no!" Tess covered her eyes, she did not want to see that alien walk out of the bushes. That was the scariest moment in film history. Alex grinned, tossing a few popcorn at Tess' locks.

"Oh dear." Maria found her breath caught in her throat.

She hadn't seen this movie before and was ready to scream her head off. "Please tell me aliens don't exist."

"They do." Max said, his tone convincing. "In fact, I should have you know that this area is notorious of UFO sightings."

Liz rolled her eyes but said nothing.

"Shit!" Maria's teeth clattered.

"Shhhhh, I'm trying to see the movie." Liz intercepted but they ignored her.

"You're shitting me?" Tess peeled her eyes away from the TV and stared at Max with fear shining in her light blue eyes.

Max shook his head. "Apparently someone made direct contact with an extra terrestrial right in this cabin." Max paused and waited for their reactions.

"Oh god, I am so not sleeping alone tonight." Maria began to breathe harshly.

"Well tough cause you're not invited in my bed." Max whistled.

Michael felt tensed and glanced at Maria. He bit his bottom lip.

"That's not fair." Maria folded her arms. "You're supposed to be my fiancé."

"Guys, please." Liz frowned, putting the volume up.

"There's actual crop circles out there?" Alex asked, shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth. "Really?"

"They've even marked the trees." Max said seriously, enjoying how worked up they were all getting.

Liz stifled a laugh and closed her eyes. Max could be a right joker when he wanted to be.

"Ok, I think it's best if I go home tomorrow." Tess whimpered, taking herself off the floor.

"Tess-he's just lying." Liz sighed. "Of course aliens don't exist." She sniggered. "I mean that's like believing in monsters right? They're so not real."

Tess looked unconvinced.

"What about the Roswell crash? You guys live there don't you?" Max asked with a sly grin on his face.

"Shut up." Liz nudged him by the knee. "You're disturbing the peace."

"Yeah Max. You're disturbing the peace." Michael chimed in, speaking for the first time.

"Oh god!!" Tess wailed. "Aliens do exist!"

"No they don't." Liz rolled her eyes again. "Can we please watch the movie in peace?"

Max grabbed the empty bowl from Alex and thrust it in Liz's hand. "Only if you refill this bowl with popcorn." Max said.

Liz shot him a dirty look.

Liz tore the hot package open, cursing as the heat pricked her skin. She slammed the microwave door shut and poured the popcorn into the bowl.

She cursed Max for spoiling the movie. He was funny in his own way but annoying at the same time. There was times that she felt like slapping him but couldn't because he was her boss. You don't go around slapping your boss.

Tossing the hot packet into the trash, Liz washed her hands first and then halted.

The light went off in the kitchen and she felt her heart beats slow down. Something brushed against her naked arm, goose bumps spread over her skin and she felt hot breath against her neck. She was truly scared.

"Whose there?" She dared herself to ask and when she moved away from whoever was trying to scare her, she dropped the popcorn bowl and the popcorn scattered on the floor.

Suddenly the light switched back on and Liz saw Max standing by the doorway. "Wow, you really got scared there." He chuckled.

"You should not do that Max." Liz bent down, scooping the popcorn back into the bowl. "That was such a turn off."

He raised his eyebrows. "I didn't know I was supposed to turn you on in the first place." He folded his arms.

Liz scoffed. "That's the problem. You turn on and then you turn off. You're just like a light switch. You creep me out."

He looked like he took offence to that. Liz looked at his face and read his emotions. He didn't like what she said to him right there and for a moment she felt guilt. Did she hurt his feelings?

But the guilt passed on quickly once she notice his quick recovery. "I didn't mean to creep you out." He honestly said. His intention was to have some fun by scaring her. Liz was a hard nut to crack....just like he had been.

"I know." Liz sighed, grabbing the last handful off popcorn.

She stood up and threw the popcorn away. She washed her hands again and grabbed another packet of popcorn from the cupboard. Max watched her as she put it in the microwave. He had noticed for days now.

She had OCD.

Liz loved to wash her hands a lot.

Max found himself drawn to her and he was right next to her in a second. His hand reached out for her hair. He took a few strands of it and marvelled. Liz froze and watched him toy with her hair.

"What are you doing?" She asked, daring not to move.

"You know...you're a pretty girl Liz." The words just spilled out from his mouth. He thought she was absolutely gorgeous. A simple beauty. He loved her hair; glossy and dark.

She knew he was a little drunk. Max had been drinking during the movie. He was about to say any odd thing. She did weird things too when she was drunk and she wasn't going to take him seriously.

"I want to kiss you." He said heavily, his eyes locking down on her moist lips. "Like right now..."

Liz bit her bottom lip and grinned. "You're really drunk." She made a move to step away from him but his hand slid against her waist and he pulled her against him.

She moaned softly when his hard chest touched her. She swallowed and he talked.

She turned her head away as he brought his wet lips closer to her jaw. "Why do you do this to me Parker?"

Her eyes closed at the contact of his wet lips against her jaw.

He kissed her.

She couldn't believe it.

And she liked it.

It felt good.

The microwave buzzed and Max slowly pulled away from Liz, releasing her.

"The popcorn is done."

Michael wasn't surprised to find a pair of arms wrap around his body while he lay in his bed. Her perfume smell encased him and he breathed in her scent.

"Can we make love?" She croaked.

He took a deep breath. "I'm too tired." He lied. He was tired but not of the literal sense. He promised himself that he would not have sex with Maria unless he told Max. Tonight was so distracting, he held off on telling Max. Maybe he could tell him in the morning.

"Please? I need release." Maria moaned into his back. "After that film, only sex can make me forget about it."

"No." Michael said, "I'm too tired." He repeated. "Besides Mr Johnny isn't up for it tonight."

Maria felt upset. "Fine."

"Night Maria."

Michael was left alone in the bed, Maria had disappeared and went back to her own bed.

Liz couldn't sleep that night either. Max had officially broken the line and did something that he shouldn't have done. No boss made any sort of romantic or sexual move on their employee. It was wrong in the laws of working. She knew that, he knew that- heck the entire world knew that but still...she was left thinking about it even more. She really enjoyed it and it was all she could think about.

She forgot about the basement key and everything else seemed to have just flown out the window. She even forgot to call her grandma tonight. If Max hadn't kissed her, maybe things would have been different.

Although it wasn't a kiss on the lips, this kiss felt dangerous yet exciting. She knew he would not be able to forget about it do. Max wasn't a guy who forgot about things. He was a guy who ignored things, who pretended that they didn't exist.

Liz glanced at Tess who was snoring away beside her.

She was wondering if Max was sleeping soundly or was he lying restless in bed just like she was.

Whatever he was doing, the morning after would be different for both of them.

Max slept in his bed.

The effect of the alcohol made him drowsy.

He was dreaming right now while he was in REM sleep. His eyes moved underneath his closed eyelids and he dreamt.

[Dream]

"Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The reverend yawned lifelessly and Max looked at his ugly bride.

It was Maria. Her mascara was running down her cheeks, she had a few teeth missing and her red lipstick was smudged on the outskirts of her lips. She looked like a complete mess.

"Well?" His best man, Michael laughed. "Aren't you gunna marry my sloppy seconds? My whore?"

Max said nothing and looked at the huge church doors, waiting for something to happen. His face was solemn and he was numb. Michael kept laughing as he stood next to him.

"Max, they say girls share everything with their best friends....can't we share Maria? I mean I have no problem if you're her husband. We can both sleep with her. You can have her front door and I'll do her back door at the same time...what do you say Max?"

Max looked disturbed and kept waiting for the doors to open.

"A tooth for a tooth and an eye for an eye." The reverend kept chanting. Maria flashed her teeth.

Max looked upset.

The doors finally opened and Maria's dead father dragged himself in.

He was in his suit, the suit he was placed in when they buried him. His face and suit was all muddy as if he crawled out of the grave himself. On the red carpet which led to the altar, Maria's father dragged himself. The red carpet was stamped with the signs....the crop circle signs.

"Daddy." Maria screamed and she was gone. Michael followed suit and now Max was face to face with Maria's father.

"I was killed." He moaned.

"I WAS KILLED!"

[End of dream]

Max opened his eyes.

He rolled over and opened the first draw on his nightstand.

He reached for the gun.