Faltered (CC,M/L,ADULT) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 19/1/10 Chpt 10 p.8

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb everyone

Ellie
NotYourChick- Isn’t everything to do with Max lol?
Carrie
Timelord31
Ginger
Carolyn
Eve

A/N: I’m using a line from one of the Roswell episodes.
Chapter Ten

Pushing the doors of the Crashdown out of his way, Nasedo strolled into the busy cafe as Pierce. He paused and looked around the room. "You can never find those little pod people when you need them." Then he proceeded to walk to the back room until he was distracted.

A man spotted him and ran up to him with his notebook and pen.

"Oh my god, you're that FBI agent guy!" He boomed, shoving his notebook and pen in his face. He turned his head towards the side and called out to his wife. "Honey look!"

Nasedo pushed back the man and made his way to the toilet. Closing the door, he cursed his luck and transformed back into Ed Harding. As he opened the door, the man was waiting with his pen and notebook. Nasedo gave him a blank look before walking to the back.

He found the gang already there. "Wow, what a nice little homecoming party." Nasedo commented, wondering why where the humans there. He had only wanted to see Micheal, Isabel and Tess. And of course Max who ran away and never came back yet.

Nasedo cleared his throat, noticing the several mixed reactions from them all. Isabel looked pissed; Maria looked like she wanted to murder him while Michael seemed relieved. Alex seemed blank and Tess seemed a little happy but a bit uncertain about his presence. He had noticed the change to her, she looked more dolled up. He smiled in approval, if only the king was here then things would have progressed between them; Nasedo was sure of it.

"Took you long enough." Michael finally broke the silence. "What happened?"

"I got delved into the bones subject. Whittaker seemed to get her claws into me about the topic." Nasedo shrugged, remembering how hot the sex was with the fiery lioness.

"Urgh." Maria cringed, picking up on the sexual innuendo. "I hope he's using protection."

All of them acted as if they swallowed something bitter and casted that dirty thought out of their minds. "Is she cool about the findings?" Tess asked.

"Well not really, she's kind of pissed but knows no one will believe her anyway so she dropped it." Nasedo replied. "For now."

"What are we gunna do if she doesn't drop the subject? Then all eyes will be on us?" Alex asked, hoping that Vanessa or anyone else would just leave them all alone. He wasn't used to having showdowns with ganderium demons or covering up from the FBI. He was certain that all of them weren't either.

"Then I'll be compelled to kill her which would be an awful shame because I've grown fond of the fiery lioness." Nasedo answered.

At that moment, Liz walked down the stairs after getting ready and heard what Nasedo had said. It angered her how easy it was for him to think about killing someone without any guilt or remorse. "You can't go around killing people." Liz intervened, joining the rest.

Nasedo realised her murderous looks were even worse then Maria's. He assumed it was the fact that he risked her life by taking her as his hostage a few months ago. "You're still holding on to that?" Was all he asked and received a strong death glare from Liz.

"You're just a pathetic hopeless killer." Liz retorted, wanting to shoot death rays at him now.

"Nasedo. Stop. It." Isabel gritted her teeth.

He laughed. "All I was doing-"

"Okay that's enough." Isabel cut him off. "We're here to discuss about the alien stuff, not to attack another human."

"I only take orders from the king." Nasedo shrugged. "Sorry princess." He chuckled.

Isabel opened her mouth to yell at him but Michael stepped in and covered her mouth. "I'm really sorry, Isabel's on her icy bitch mood right now so excuse her."

Isabel struggled against Micheal and elbowed him in the crotch, hard. Michael released her with a painful groan. "Urghhh.." Michael gripped his throbbing groin. Maria stifled a snort while everyone else looked amused.

"You weren't around when the bones were being scanned and you sure as hell weren't around when the ganderium demon almost attacked Isabel." Liz reminded Nasedo with eyes of fire, she couldn't stand him at all and found him very repulsive. "You were too busy violating another woman."

Nasedo's nostrils flared at Liz's accusation and he faced her, standing straight with pride. "You are not in a position to talk to me like that. You have no idea what I can do." His cold voice warned Liz to back off but today Liz was feeling courageous and wanted to have it out with Nasedo.

"Is that a threat?" She would show him she wasn't scared. She would. Nasedo couldn't scare her anymore, that was the old Liz.

"You're not gunna attack any human." Isabel fired, making Nasedo look at her. "Yes I may not be in Max's position but he's not here right now so that gives me the privilege of ordering you around. I am his sister so any act against me will be regarded as treason." She threatened in her icy tone.

Nasedo wished he could retract his words, Isabel was right. She was in a position to order him around.

"I'm sorry Liz." Nasedo quickly apologised before Isabel ordered him to. He hated bowing down to anyone especially Max and his sister.

Liz however didn't reply and hadn't accepted his apology. Instead she looked away and Nasedo turned his attention to Michael. "I guess we're gunna do nothing about the Whittaker situation then." He scoffed.

Even with Max absent, these humans still got their way.

"Well?" He looked at her expectantly, waiting for an answer.

He had dragged her out, away from the others and thrusted her into his rented car where they'd have their private conversation. Tess had spoken a little and played with her sweaty fingers as Nasedo drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"What can I say?" Tess shrugged and felt foolish, should she be having this conversation at all?

"I leave for three months and I find out that you're living with someone else now. A human boy."

"You left me alone, dad." Tess rose her tone a little higher, suddenly afraid that Nasedo would be pinning all the blame on her. He was at fault here, what else was she supposed to do?

"You're supposed to be with them. Max, Michael and Isabel!" Nasedo hissed, remembering the time when his daughter was so adamant on being with the others. He had strived to make her dream come true and now she was destroying it. That infuriated him.

"Max is gone, remember?" Tess scoffed, wishing there was an easier way to deal with her father. He was so impulsive at times.

"So? You should have taken over and ordered Isabel and Michael around. You're Max's queen, Don't you think I was humiliated when Isabel pulled the treason card against me?" Nasedo thundered in bewilderment.

Tess winced at her father's words. She failed to act as a queen and felt more of a follower then a leader. "I...I can't." She stuttered. "They won't let me be the queen. They don't take me seriously."

She felt like everyone treated her as a last resort; until now, she had been happy to oblige and take whatever role they gave her if it meant being a part of the group. She longed to belong and now that Nasedo was pointing out her priorities, she felt stupid. How could she forget who she was just because Max, her king was absent?

"They should take you seriously." Nasedo clenched his jaw, he was angry at Michael and Isabel for failing to acknowledge how important Tess was to them. Instead, they had followed in Max's footsteps and let the humans make decisions for them. It was absurd. It was a mistake that needed to be rectified.

"Dammit!" Nasedo punched the steering wheel, frustrated by the situation.

"I'm okay...living with the Valenti's. They feed me, they shelter me and make sure I don't feel lonely." Tess said, after a few days of staying with them, it felt like she was already a part of their family. She never had that before.

"Oh please!" Nasedo rolled his eyes, amused by his daughter's blind affection for a couple of humans. "You are Antar's beloved Queen, you are the devoted and humble wife of King Zan. You should be treated with the same respect that they treat their wonderful King Zan. Is that too much to ask?"

Tess shook her head no.

Nasedo reached out and caressed his daughter's cheek. "Honey, when you have been a queen of a mighty king, why should you settle for anything less then the best?"

"Guys I am so stuck." Alex said as he fell back on Maria's bed that was covered with lacy underwear and bras. "I have no idea what to get Isabel for her birthday."

"That's tonight isn't it? At midnight?" Maria asked, checking her watch. "We have a few hours...seven hours tops."

"You haven't got her birthday present yet?" Liz asked, amused. "Wow, I'm sure Isabel will be pleased." Liz teased.

"Oh my god!" Maria came to her senses and jumped up. "You haven't got Isabel her birthday present yet?" For Maria, getting presents on time was one of her golden commandments. Plus making sure the presents were of a great quality was another. She was baffled at Alex's lack of enthusiasm. "You are a bad boyfriend mister!" Maria pointed a finger at him in disapproval.

Alex rolled to his side and yawned. "What did you guys get her?"

"I won't tell if you don't." Liz made him promise; she knew how close Alex and Isabel were now and that Alex told Isabel almost everything. It was a risky business.

"You have my word." Alex nodded and raised his little finger. "Pinky swear."

"I got her Toni Braxton’s Album, The Heat." Liz admitted, remembering that Isabel had gone bonkers over that album but hadn't had time to buy any CD's lately. "I also brought her a movie, What Women Want."

"Oh that so sounds like Isabel's type of movie." Maria laughed. "And that song, he wasn't man enough...oh.." She shook her head and snorted. "That's so Isabel's type of song."

"Uh..." Alex nervously nodded, he had saw the lyrics to that song and after what last transpired between him and Isabel, he certainly hoped that she wasn't applying those words about him.

"I got Isabel a gift card for Victoria's secret. That's the most expensive lingerie store you're ever gunna find here." Maria told Alex. "So knowing you'd never think off that..here's the gift card." Maria thrusted the card in Alex's hand. "You owe me a hundred dollars pal." She said.

"Oh, how thoughtful.." Alex looked at the lace decorated card. "It's sexy. I think she'll like that."

"What did you actually get her?" Alex asked.

"I brought her a bag from sears, it's not exactly Gucci but it's so pretty." Maria replied and then stopped. "Um Alex, you're on my underwear." She reached out and pulled a bra from underneath Alex. "Get off."

Alex rolled off the bed and waited till Maria scooped all her underwear into a neat pile to leave him some space to sit down. "Alex...you look worried." Liz observed his facial expression. "Did something happen between you and Isabel?"

"I wish it had." Alex replied, he blushed a little. He was actually thinking about letting the girls in on his little secret.

"What had?" Maria frowned.

"Isabel...wants.....totakethenextstep!" He blurted and blushed, he couldn't believe he said that.

"What?" Both Liz and Maria didn't quite get that.

"Shewantstohavesexwithme." Alex rushed, feeling the tips of his ears growing hot with shame.

"That just sounded like shewantasixami. Is that someone's name? From Hawaii?" Maria frowned in confusion. Had Alex met another girl from Hawaii? Was he cheating on Isabel? Oh dear.

"Oh my god!" Liz grabbed Maria's arm after slowing breaking down Alex's words in her mind. She understood what he was trying to say. "He said that Isabel wants to take the next step...you know...making love."

Maria's eyes bulged as she looked at Alex. "No way!"

Liz nodded. "Yes, that's what he said."

Alex brought his face up to see the girls and he was never so embarrassed before. "Isabel wants to have sex with you?!" Maria cried incredulously. "But she's only dated you for three months!" Maria spluttered.

"Four and counting." Alex corrected her. "We've been steady in first base so far. We just...I think we're ready for more then holding hands and kissing in the cinema."

"She is really ready by the looks of it." Liz remarked; she was surprised by how much ready Isabel was. Liz had been with Max for four months too and she didn't think she was ready for that step yet. They had know each other for almost a year now, however Liz felt a lot embarrassed even thinking about making love. She totally empathized with Alex in this situation. If Max had came to her and told her he was ready to make love, she would die with shame. She couldn't face him again.

"Yeah." Alex nodded, the truth was. He was ready too, however his biggest fear was wrecking up their first time together. He was a clumsy klutz when it came to kissing so having sex, he knew somewhere down the line that he would embarrass himself.

"What happened?" Maria shot, demanding to know what happened between Isabel and Alex. She just had to have the juicy details.

"She was strong about it, she came on to me but I said no." Alex said. "I thought it wasn't the right moment back then."

"Well if you're not ready..." Liz paused midway."I'm sure she'll understand."

Alex nodded. "I hope she does because she ran out of my house and didn't answer my calls."

"She better not rush you." Maria patted his back. "Everyone needs to be ready in their own time, even guys."

Liz and Maria gave Alex a reassuring hug. He was grateful to have these two girls as his best friends. He loved them so much.

"A hundred dollars huh?" Alex said, looking at the card as naughty ideas formulated in his head. "I think that's exactly what she needs right now."

Jim wasn't happy, to say the least. Nasedo had paid him a visit and threatened him to protect his daughter. Tess had been standing beside him, not saying a word. It was till then, Nasedo had to leave on a urgent shape shifting mission. Whittaker had missed her "boyfriend" and Nasedo had taken advantage of that. It sickened Jim to the core.

Tess had taken refuge in Kyle's room and now Kyle had him blurt everything out.

"How dare that man come into our home and threaten us like that?" Kyle paced up and down. "Does he know who you are?"

"Do we know who he is?" Jim muttered, taking lazy sips of his beer.

"I don't give two shits if he's some shape shifting murderer. He does not come in this house and tell us how it's done!" Kyle yelled, he was so mad that he felt like beating the shit out of Nasedo. No one talked to his father like that.

Tess heard everything through the door and bit her lip. She just kept quiet and heard Kyle yell his heart out.

"He has the power to kill us Kyle and there's nothing we can do about it." Jim shrugged; he didn't dare to answer back to an alien ever. He saw how much power they had. If Max had the ability to bring his son back from the dead, then any one of them could reverse that. Kyle was all he had and he wouldn’t jeopardise his son's life even for himself.

"I don't care dad; I know that Max, Isabel and Michael won't let that happen." Kyle said, for the first time in his life he actually felt grateful to have friends like them. He knew from Liz's words that Max in particular would not let Nasedo or any other alien attack humans. He also knew from today, Isabel had warned Nasedo to leave the humans alone.

"I gotta call Isabel or Micheal or someone." Kyle paced, reaching for the phone. "God, where is Max when you need him?"

"So your brother is still living with Michael?" Dianne had brought the whole summer break lie that Isabel fed her about Max. Her son had never taken a holiday without telling her first but he had barely gone anywhere before.

He hadn't even visited her once during the summer and it worried her. Isabel had claimed to have spoken on the phone with him but she never gave her the number.

Max's old cell phone number was not working; whenever she dialled it all she had was a tone saying to leave a message.

Isabel however, felt guilty of lying to her mother. "He can't make it to my birthday mom, he's gone to Santa Fe for some work experience." She lied and swallowed.

"He's been very busy this summer." Dianne commented. "I hope he's okay."

"He is, just busy like you said."

Dianne then asked another question. "What about Liz? Did anything bad happen between her and Max? Is that why he left?"

"It's nothing to do with Liz." Isabel sighed. "He is still with her." Or so Isabel had thought, Max would never be with anyone unless she was Liz Parker.

"Is Liz okay with Max having a long distant relationship with her?" Dianne asked again, she just needed to know anything about her son. Anything at all.

"No.." Isabel looked at her mother and saw her smile fall. "I mean yes. Liz is ok. It's summer after all. Max will come back soon." Isabel hated lying.

She had no idea when Max would come back but she knew he would. Max wouldn't leave them forever. He couldn't.

"I'm just not happy that he's going to miss your birthday sweetie." Dianne stroked her daughter's long hair.

"He sent me birthday wishes already mom." Isabel said.

After escaping from the tower of questions her mother had for her about Max, Isabel locked herself in her room and counted the minutes she had left for her birthday.

A tap on the door startled her just as soon as she was about to sit on her bed.

"Michael what now-" When she drew the curtains back, she was surprised to see Alex standing there.

"Happy birthday Isabel." Alex said, handing her a gift card.

"What's this?" Isabel took the card and she felt excited when she saw which shop the card was for. "Oh Victoria’s secret." She grinned. "That is the most expensive lingerie store in this whole town. Did you know that?"

Alex gave her a Cheshire cat grin. "I know. I had to give it to you straight on midnight so you'd have time to wake up and buy some stuff."

"Wow, I love you already." She gave her boyfriend a quick peck on the lips. "Thank you."

"Umm Isabel...about that time when...you know in my bedroom?" Alex didn't want to go into gory details but he had to clarify their relationship status, where they together? where they not?

"Alex...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have forced you." Isabel felt bad, realising that she had come on to him very strongly. Sometimes she forgot that she was an alien.

"No I mean, It's ok. I should be grateful that you're attracted sexually to someone like me." Alex blushed. "I'm one of the lucky guys to have a girl like you try to maul me." He laughed.

Isabel laughed a little. "Maul you? What am I? An animal?" She snorted, giggling at his humor. It was one of the things she loved about him.

Alex finished laughing and then locked his eyes with Isabel. "Well...I gotta get going. It's midnight..I mean it's over midnight and I wanna see you next after you brought some sexy lingerie from Victoria's secret."

Isabel gleamed with excitement. "How much is on this card?"

"A hundred dollars." Alex acted as if it was nothing.

But to Isabel, it was everything. "A hundred dollars?!" She was so shocked. No guy had ever considered spending more then twenty five dollars on her. Alex had gifted her a hundred dollar gift card!

But why should she be surprised? He loved her.

"Thank you so much Alex." Isabel held the card to her chest.

"Just promise me you'll buy a lot of stuff with that card." Alex told her. "By tomorrow before five pm."

"I promise." Isabel said. "You have my word."

Alex nodded. "Night Isabel." He reached for the window to climb out.

"Alex wait!" Isabel rushed towards him and gave him a soft kiss just before he escaped out of the window.

"Night Isabel." Alex whispered before disappearing into the night.

"You." Kyle pointed at Tess as soon as she came out of his room. "I wanna talk to you."

Tess looked lost but followed Kyle into the room, he ordered her to sit at the table. "I know we have school in half an hour but you have to hear this."

"Hear what?" Tess acted dumb.

"Your stinking Nasedo busting here, acting like he owns the place. I got a problem with that." Kyle raised his voice. "Can you tell him to back off? I think you're the only person he actually listens to."

Tess hadn't seen this side to Kyle and didn't know how to talk to this side of Kyle. Gone was the nice funny budda boy guy she had gotten to know. She was a little afraid but understood where he was coming from.

"Okay." Tess nodded in the middle of his speech. "I'll tell him."

Kyle stopped complaining and looked at Tess in surprise. "You will? Oh of course you will. Good." He grabbed his book bag and slung it over his shoulder. "I gotta be going."

Tess got up from her chair and stopped Kyle. "I think there's something else."

"What?"

"Our kiss....did it mean anything?" She asked, for her it was amazing but she knew Nasedo would hurt Kyle if she dated him. She had only one mission in life and that was to procure Max Evans, her king.

"No." Kyle lied, he wanted nothing to do with an alien girl who was related to Nasedo. It was a bad idea. He couldn't have feelings for someone like her, she was hollow inside.

"Can we just stay friends then?"

"I'll think about it."

Then Kyle was gone, leaving her alone by the table.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 21/1/10 Chpt 11 p.8

Post by Hunter »

NotYourChick
Timelord31

Ellie - Lol, Nasedo is a rat. :lol:
Natalie
Carolyn
Behrbabe
Ginger
Zaneri
- I would have loved to see a showdown between those two. I would have liked to see Liz really beat the crap out of Nasedo. He's such a creep. Urgh. :?

Chapter Eleven

"Maria!"

Maria stopped midway on her way to the bleachers and turned around to see Micheal jogging after her, she rolled her eyes. "Oh it's you."

"Got a minute?"

Minutes later, both of them were standing underneath the bleachers in a confined space. Maria felt her cheeks grow warm while Michael released her arm. "I gotta talk to you."

"About what?"

"Things, ok. I need someone to talk to." Micheal had thought of Maria as the only person other then Max and Isabel to talk to. He knew it was risky but Maria would listen to him. He knew that in his heart. "I have to tell you how I felt about that day. When I thought I was gunna die."

Maria nodded for him continue, she had been scared too and really wanted to hear what he had to say. The past few days had been hectic and Micheal never considered talking to her back then. She was happy that he had given in and finally chose to speak to her. Better late then never, she thought.

"I really thought that this is it. This is how I die. A stupid toss from some ganderium demon at the age of seventeen. I'm dead." He held his breath, shuddering at the thought of almost being dead. "And then I look back....I remember Pierce. How I killed him. I bet he was thinking the same thing as I had." Micheal gulped. "I made someone think that. And then they died. I don't think I'd ever be able to get past that."

Maria put her hand on his shoulder and gave him a little squeeze. "But you're alive huh?" She tried to smile but her faltering tone gave away the truth. She had been even more scared.

Micheal took her hand off his shoulder and sandwiched it with both of his hands, warming them up. "There's something else....I don't think you've noticed but...I should have died that day. God saved me Maria. God had some mercy and saved my life. While I was falling across the room, something lifted me and then gently placed me on the ground. Then the next thing that happened was the poles moved to shield me and kill Grant. As far as I know, Isabel, Tess and I didn't use our powers at that moment. Someone or something else did. We just don't know who it is. But, God saved my life when God should have just let me die. I should have felt what Pierce felt. Death."

"No." Maria disagreed and shook her head. "You were meant to live, it was in God's plans for you to live Micheal. You can deny that fact as much as you want to but both of us know why you're standing here alive today. You're needed, you're supposed to be alive."

"I believe that our fates are written by God Maria." Micheal spoke. "I know I'm an intended soldier and I should have an honorable death."

"Are you listening to yourself?" Maria cried incredulously, almost slipping her hand away from Michael’s. "You sound like you wanted to die back then."

"I didn't." Micheal shook his head. "I deserved to die because I'm a soldier. If I die, then it's because-"

Micheal stopped as Maria delivered a painful slap across his face. "How dare you try to act as some prideful soldier." Maria sobbed. "Don't you understand what it does to me? It fucking kills me to think you'd freely give up your live for some stupid idea of this written fate thingy and leave me behind. Whether you like it or not Micheal, I am in love with you. I fucking love you and I'll be damned if you die on me!"

Micheal chuckled and shook his head again; he knew Maria would go emotional on him. Yet he had wanted to talk to her, he just needed to hear again how much she loved him. It made him feel better. "I...." Micheal stopped, he never told Maria he loved her but she just had.

He bit back his words and took her in his arms. "I know we're not together but I do care for you. You're important to me and I never want to leave you behind."

"Why can't we just be together?" Maria asked again, wishing that Micheal would just cave in and be with her. It was that simple.

"Because it means I have to leave you behind."

Kyle slammed the locker door shut and then felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. He sighed and then turned around to find Fay greet him with a giggle. "I heart you." She spoke in her broken English accent.

He remembered Fay, she was the German girl and oh she was such a knockout blonde. With her nice greyish blue eyes and her beach blonde hair, she was attractive. She also had pearly white skin. Any jock would be so lucky to have her as their girlfriend. He had moved onto her a few weeks after dumping Victoria or something. He couldn't even remember her name. He was a jerk back then. Now he was into Buddha but then again he was starting to have second thoughts.

Fay was tempting. Months away from girls made him even more crazier. He needed a girlfriend. To take his mind of things. "What do you say that.." Fay brushed his hair and rubbed herself against him. "We take a trip to the storage room?"

In no time, she had thrown herself on him as soon as they got inside the storage room. Her skinny legs wrapping tightly against his waist as she shoved her tongue down his throat. He could barely breath but he felt himself come to life.

He shoved her against a wall and tried to dominate the kissing. So far, she was winning. He smelt tuna and something sour on her tongue. Then he chocked.

In a flash, he opened his eyes and saw Tess looking back at him. "What are you doing?" He frowned, taking his hands off her. Her legs still remained wrapped around his waist.

Tess smiled and reached out for his cheek. When he moved her hand away, the flash ended and he was staring into Fay's eyes.

"Vat happened?" She asked, slowly taking her legs off him.

"I don't know." He shrugged with a blank expression.

Banging her fist on the vending machine, Liz cursed at her ill fate as the packet of Doritos got stuck. "Stupid machine." She pounded her fist one more time causing a few snacks to fall out along with the Doritos.

Surprised, Liz looked around her to see if anyone was around. When the coast was clear, she bent down, put her hand in the machine and retrieved the snacks.

How did that happen? She wondered as she stuffed the packaged snacks in her book bag.

"Chica, here's the remedy you asked for." Maria handed her a bottle of one of her essential oils. Liz thanked her and took the small brown bottle.

"I've been stressed all morning today." Liz opened the bottle and took a sniff. It was therapeutic in some odd way, Liz liked the smell.

The two girls walked out to the parking lot, on their way to the red Jetta. "I did something to that vending machine, I don't know what but all of a sudden, snacks were flying at me. It's like a czech thing."

"Oh.." Maria nodded, feeling dumbfound. "Could it be..."

"Yes." Liz nodded. "I think it is."

Isabel's party went off with a blast, she had walked into the Crashdown and had expected a quiet evening meal with her closest friends. But they had truly surprised her. Everyone even the school's janitors were invited. Isabel had felt like the only one really dressed up, everyone was wearing casual clothes and she had gone and picked a strapless red dress to wear believing her friends were treating her out to some posh restaurant.

Turned out Alex Whitman was the one behind the surprise. "Happy Birthday, sexy." Alex whispered in her ear and gave her plump cheek a soft kiss full of naughty promises later one. Isabel shivered at the contact and thanked her boyfriend.

"I went to Victoria's Secret today." She whispered back, giving him a naughty wink.

Alex grinned and the couple were soon interrupted by a nutty Maria. "Happy birthday Isabel." Maria wrapped her arms around the taller girl. "Hope you don't mind having a party here."

Isabel hugged her back. "Course not. It's perfect." She smiled at her boyfriend. "It's perfect."

Liz, Micheal and Kyle all took their turns to hug Isabel and wish her a happy birthday. Dianne had walked over to her daughter who was engrossed in a conversation with Liz Parker.

"Hi Liz." Dianne smiled, happy to see her son's love interest again.

"Hey Mrs Evans." Liz smiled back. "How are you?"

"Great and you?"

"Really good."

"That's good, I'm glad you're doing well Liz." Dianne said and then couldn't help herself but bring Max into the conversation. "Keep in touch with Max?"

Liz's smile dropped and she looked at Isabel who stood behind her mother. Isabel gave Liz a nod and then Liz answered Dianne's question. "Uh...um he called me this afternoon to see how I was." Liz lied, feeling shitty about lying to such a good person like Dianne Evans.

Dianne looked upset and then nodded helplessly. "I wish sometimes he would call me. I don't even have his new number with me."

"He calls on a private number so.." Liz drifted off, feeling really bad for Dianne.

"Well enjoy rest of the party mom." Isabel cut in, feeling awkward for Liz. Dianne was taken aback by Isabel's hastiness in putting a drink in her hand.

Isabel then wheeled Liz away from her mother and to the back room much to Dianne's curiosity. On the way, Isabel asked Maria to make sure no one else walks in the back. Maria stood by the door and guarded the entry with her life.

"I feel so bad lying to her." Liz told Isabel as soon as they were away from everyone else.

"Me too. It just kills." Isabel said. "We need to do this so she doesn't find out. I can't risk mom's life Liz. I want to tell her so much about us but without Max here, it feels so wrong to make that decision without him."

Feeling Isabel's pain, Liz gave her a comforting hug.

Courtney seductively licked the frosting off her finger and noticed Micheal watching her. It was hard to tell whether if he was turned on or turned off. His mouth was dry and he hadn't moved an inch.

"Like it Mikey G?" She purred, for him watching her it made her feel turned on.

At that point Maria walked in, wanting to see if the birthday cake was done yet. Instead she found Micheal gawking at Courtney. In a bolt of a second, she saw the green monster rear it's ugly head.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Maria demanded, mistaking Micheal to be turned on by a slutty move by Courtney who was finishing off licking the rest of the frosting on her dainty little fingers.

Micheal snapped out of his daze and looked at a baffled Maria. "Nothing."

Maria then looked at Courtney who gave her a peculiar smile.

Walking back into the busy room, Isabel suddenly felt a sharp jolt of pain slice her in the head. "Fuck!" Isabel groaned, moving a hand to her temple where the pain was born.

It felt like someone was squeezing the corners of her brain. It hurt like hell. When it came again like two second contractions, Isabel's mind played some strange flashes. A flash of a sign saying red and some girl covered in dirt, reaching out for her.

The flash went away along with the pain within a minute. Isabel was left standing by the stools, shocked and confused.

"Go Al." Kyle clapped, sitting right to Isabel as the crowd moved out of the way so Isabel could see what was happening.

Alex Whitman stepped in the centre of the circle, dressed as a cop. Liz had shortly followed Isabel and stood beside her while Maria joined them too.

Kyle changed the music from the stereo that he had been put in charge off. He snorted at the track that was chosen. Sex Bomb by Tom Jones boomed through the stereo.

Spy on me baby use satellite
Infrared to see me move through the night
Aim gonna fire shoot me right
I'm gonna like the way you fight

Alex began to use his arms, wiggling his hips and taking off his hat. He threw the hat that landed on the head of some guy from school.

Now you found the secret code I use
to wash away my lonely blues
So I can't deny or lie cause you're
the only one to make me fly.

Taking off his shirt, Alex had the women gasping and cheering. He tossed the shirt towards Isabel who grabbed it with both hands. Beside her, Maria and Liz were laughing.

Sexbomb Sexbomb you're a Sexbomb
You can give it to me, when I need to come along
Sexbomb sexbomb you're my sexbomb
And baby you can turn me on.
No don't get me wrong ain't gonna do you no harm (no)
This bomb's for lovin' and you can shoot it far
I'm your main target come and help me ignite
Love struck holding you tight.
Make me explode although you know
the route to go to sex me slow
And yes, I must react to claims of those
who say that you are not all that.

They roared hard when one of Alex's nipples was exposed as his vest moved out of the way a little. Alex then proceeded to jiggle his hips and take off his belt, causing an excited uproar from the females in the room. Dianne had joined her daughter and her mouth dropped.

You can give me more and more counting up the score
You can turn me upside down and inside out
You can make me feel the real deal
And I can give it to you any time because you're mine
Sexbomb Sexbomb you're a Sexbomb
You can give it to me, when I need to be turned on

Alex turned his back and pushed his bum out to give it a series of smacks as he wiggled his ass towards Isabel in rhythm. Isabel titled her head back and laughed. Dianne was mortified.

It was then Alex noticed Dianne looking horrified and he stood up, feeling embarrassed. "Hi Mrs Evans." He scratched the back of his head.

He couldn't forget the look on her face.

Sexbomb Sexbomb you're my Sexbomb
And baby you can turn me on

Isabel couldn't stop laughing as her very embarrassed boyfriend was ranting on about how stupid he looked in front of her mother. "Don't worry Alex, she knows you're a good guy." Isabel assured her panic stricken boyfriend.

"I still can't believe that though. Oh dear." He put his hands to his face and mumbled.

Isabel was about to say something and then the same old pain returned. Her headache got worse as a serious of flashes hit her hard in the head. The sign red came up again in her head along with the soot covered girl. It was Tess!

Tess was reaching out for her, crying her name out. "Isabel help me please!"

Isabel found the flashes moving too fast and couldn't focus. She saw images of a barren field, a broken white land rover and Tess screaming again.

Once she snapped out of the flash, Alex had her by the arms. Isabel had begun shaking like mad as if she was having a fit while her eyes rolled back.

After a minute, she returned to normal again. "What happened Isabel?"

"Tess is in trouble!" Isabel's tone faltered, her eyes glazed with an unspeakable fear.

Tess groaned in agony as her legs felt broken. Whoever kidnapped her beat her up pretty hard. She couldn't even feel her toes. Blood was smeared over her broken skin which had dried over time. Her body was limp but yet her mind was active. She could reach out to Isabel.

Isabel probably would come and save her, she thought; feeling dejected.

This had to work.

"Tess is kidnapped." Liz repeated, wondering who on earth would kidnap Tess. She didn't have anything to offer apart from that she was Max's queen in the past life. Maybe their enemy wanted her instead. But it didn't make sense.

"I know we haven't exactly welcomed her into our gang but we have to save her. We can't just leave her out there." Isabel said, popping another aspirin in her mouth.

Still the headache was there but it was diminishing very slowly. "We didn't say we can't save her." Maria said. "All we were saying that Tess is trained to save herself isn't she? Isn't that what she said when Max was in the White room?"

"Still. I gotta go and find her." Isabel wiped her face. "I just don't know where she is."

"What did you see exactly?" Liz asked.

"A sign saying red...it looked like some motel sign. I've never seen it before." Isabel answered.

"I think I know what you're talking about."

Maria had been left to hold the fort while Liz and Isabel had taken the Jetta, driving to the place where Liz suspected that Tess had last been before being dragged off somewhere. Stopping the car, Liz unbuckled her seatbelt and took the keys out of the ignition.

"That's your red sign." She pointed at the neon lights which spelt out Sacred but the first three letters didn't light up like the rest. The two girls got out of the car and Isabel spotted Tess's car which had been abandoned.

"That's the car. It's her car!" Isabel ran towards the car and found the driver's door open. A window was smashed and to her it seemed like the kidnapper had really been rough on Tess. A trickle of dried blood was on the shards of shattered glass that had not yet fallen.

Liz noticed the tyre tracks of another car and asked Isabel to stand on them. "Maybe you'll get another flash or something."

Isabel did as Liz suggested and then saw the sign of the building that Tess was being held hostage in. "It's another factory. Avnet Factory." Isabel breathed. "A toy factory.."

"Let's go then."

"It's a completely stupid plan." Micheal hissed. "I'm going with the Sherriff." He brushed past Maria. "I'm so pissed that Isabel didn't tell me about this sooner."

Maria told Micheal to be careful and then went back to serving the customers. Jim walked out of the Crashdown with Micheal by his side.

"Oh god, is Tess gunna be okay?" Kyle asked Maria, watching his father leave with Micheal.

"I hope so."

Liz was speechless as Isabel had left her to sit idle in the car while she had snuck into the old factory by herself. Liz had called up Micheal and told him where they were while Isabel had found Tess lying limp on the ground a couple of doors down; she had hoisted her up, placing on of Tess's arms around her shoulders.

"You found me." Tess croaked in a broken tone as Isabel helped her out of the factory in safety.

By then Jim and Micheal reached there and Jim had ran towards Isabel. "Did you see anyone?" Jim asked, looking around for any sign of the enemy.

Isabel shook her head. "No, I didn't see anyone. No one was there."

Jim took Tess in his arms and carried her to the car. Micheal hugged Isabel before following Jim back to the car. Isabel walked to the Jetta and got in.

"What happened?" Liz asked, starting up the engine again.

"Whoever kidnapped Tess...I think they got away." Isabel strapped on her seatbelt, curious about Tess's kidnapper.

Why had they given up without a fight? Something was up.

By the time Isabel had refreshed herself and managed to celebrate the rest of her birthday with everyone, it was almost midnight and Isabel was a little tired. Stepping out of the bathroom, she wore nothing but a small purple silk bra with matching underwear and hold ups that she had brought today from Victoria's Secret.

Before she could get in her bed, someone rapped gently at her window; she opened the window and smiled as Alex helped himself in. "Hey midnight stalker." She teased, closing the window after Alex.

Alex had timed this moment right, according to his watch nothing would come between him and Isabel now. "Wow..." His tone was husky and his breathing was shallow.

Isabel was in her underwear and she looked so sexy. "You're looking fine."

Isabel blushed and shut the curtains. "I don't usually let anyone see me like this."

Alex reached out and caressed her cheek. "You've had a hard day, let me unwind it for you." He took his coat off and stepped out of his shoes.

Isabel took his hand and they walked together to her bed. Alex sat her down and bent down so he was eye level with her. Alex rubbed her shoulders with his fingers.

"The first time that you kissed me, I never felt happier." Alex said. "I'm no good at poems and stuff like that but I have to say, any first time with you is a blessing. Every time I'm with you, I feel like we've just got together and our feelings for each other won't die out because they feel brand new."

"I feel the same way Alex."

They kissed. It was a short-lived one but sweet.

"I'm ready to have my first time with you." Alex confessed. "I'm ready to give you your real gift."

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see

"Our gift." Her heart melted as she realised that within a matter of minutes things between her and Alex would change for the best.

For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right

She cupped his face and brought his lips towards her for a kiss. He responded. He shuddered when he felt Isabel remove his shirt.

For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you

"Stand up." She gasped in the middle of their soft kisses.

I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up

He stood up and she undid his belt before unzipping him. His pants fell on the floor, forgotten while Alex joined her on the bed. Isabel kept her eyes on his face as she climbed over him.

Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

With her legs apart, she settled down over him and felt his erection press against her. Excited, they resumed their kissing. Alex cradled her head with one hand as the other massaged her butt in a gentle way. Her big breasts kissed his chest through the silk bra and in the middle of their heated making out session, his hands went to the clasp of her bra to undo it.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak

Isabel broke the kiss and helped him to take her bra off.

You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

He was speechless when he saw her bare breasts. They were beautiful. So pert and rounded. They felt so good resting against his chest. They kissed again, this time with more passion.

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed

Tonight would certainly be a night to remember.

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

Songs used: Sex Bomb by Tom Jones & Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 27/1/10 Chpt 12 p.9

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb

Ellie
Timelord
Carolyn
- Aww you read Holding On again? I'm flattered, I loved your fb to that story.
Ginger
Eve
NotYourChick

Chapter Twelve

"How are you holdin' up?" Kyle asked, concerned for Tess' wellbeing. She had a bruised up face and a busted lip. He had applied ointment while tending to many of her wounds.

"Fine." She coughed, holding the blanket around her. "I don't think I can go school today though."

"Nasedo should have protected you." Kyle scoffed. "Isn't that what he's here for?"

Tess didn't want to speak about her father and had begged Kyle to drop the subject; it was painful as it was realising that the only person she trusted was actually never there for her. It had diminished her hope and faith in everyone else around her.

"I'm going to sleep." She told Kyle and lay back down on the bed. Kyle covered her with the duvet and walked towards the door. He turned back one more time and then walked out of the doorway without another word.

Tess looked up at the doorway and missed Kyle.

Isabel strolled on to the picnic area outside the school and towards where Liz and Maria were sitting, fussing over on their latest homework. "Hey girls."

"Hi Isabel." Both of them greeted her as she took a seat at their table.

"How's it going?" Isabel asked, acting casual but a huge smile on her face gave her real emotions away.

"Great. We're just recovering from last night after cleaning the mess up." Maria honestly replied and received a nudge in the elbow from Liz. "What did you do last night?" Mara rubbed her ribcage, sending a little hiss at her best friend.

"Hot alien-human sex." Isabel shrugged, maintaining that bursting happiness inside her. She had been wanting to talk about it with them but wanted to go about it smoothly.

Both the girls looked liked they had been smacked across the face with ice cold water. "You mean you had sex....with.." Liz spluttered, unable to believe it. Alex and Isabel had finally done it! Oh god!

"Oh my god. Oh ma gawd! Oh ma gawd!" Maria waved her hands over her mouth like a maniac gone crazy with chilli sauce.

Isabel giggled and nodded. "Yes, Alex and I made love last night."

"Oh my god.." Gasped Liz, "How was it like?" She was very curious to know how alien-human sex was. Oh god, the things she imagined would happen with Max. Liz would finally have some of her questions answered.

"Give us the 411." Maria dropped her hands, excited; this was like the biggest news ever.

"Well...to be honest. The orgasm was so long. I thought I was floating in heaven or something." Isabel described the euphoric feeling, never in her life had she felt that good. "It lasted for so many hours, I lost count."

Liz and Maria looked at each other and squealed. "Hours of orgasms!" Maria blurted, she knew alien sex had to be explosive; and she was right.

All three of them blushed as Maria talked about the orgasm, wanting to know detailed explanations. "The average human orgasm for a woman is ten to twenty minutes. For men it's like two seconds." Maria scoffed, remembering her mother's rants about how men were rubbish in bed.

"No, I think Alex and I had the same amount of enjoyment." Isabel revealed. "Oh god, it's just....no words for it really. You girls would know exactly what it feels like if you try it yourselves." Isabel said.

"I doubt Micheal would even consider having sex with me." Maria spat out, not the slightest bit embarrassed to say what she felt.

"You never know." Isabel shrugged.

"I can't believe you've done it." Kyle exclaimed, surprised by Alex's revelation. He had been curious to know why Alex had been singing soppy love songs in the men's locker room.

"Was it hot?" Kyle looked around to make sure no one else was around before asking Alex that question.

"It was perfect." Alex replied with a dreamy face. "We were on cloud nine for hours."

"Man, you got it bad." Kyle shrugged. "If Micheal finds out, you're dead meat." He laughed.

Alex's smile disappeared. Kyle was right. Micheal would not be so understanding at all.

"I swear, if this guy goes on one more time on how JFK was such a brilliant leader, I'm gunna smack his head upside down." Maria muttered to Liz who was trying so hard not to laugh out loud in front of the whole class.

"He's a fucking cheater. He's a man skank. That's no great leader, trust me." Maria carried on, popping another piece of gum in her mouth, bored to tears with this history lesson she had.

Liz muffled her laughter her fist and nodded. It was only that the bell ended and Maria cheered out loudly before grabbing her things. Liz shook her head and laughed while she packed away her own things.

"Free at last. Free at last. Free at laaaaast. Now I know how Mandela felt." Maria sung, stretching her arms and yawning as she stood up.

"And I suppose you know what a great leader is?" Liz teased as they walked out of their history class.

"A great leader would be like...god it's hard to describe but in a nutshell they'd be understanding, faithful, loyal and share their responsibilities with their loved ones. They'd also not be bossy and they will be confident but not over confident." Maria replied. "So yeah, that's a great leader in a nutshell."

"I think you've got the picture." Liz agreed.

"I know Max would have made a great leader." Maria suddenly blurted out. "If only people would just stop pressurising him." Maria hadn't know much about the alien stuff but she knew every time anyone had a problem they'd run to Max; Especially Micheal who would go to Max first and then run off without informing him and then the situation ends up even more messed up.

"Hmmmm." Liz chose to say nothing about that. She felt so bad that Max had to be put in the position of the leader. He deserved to have a normal life just like everyone in her opinion.

"He's lucky he's got you to take some of the burden off his shoulders." Maria nudged Liz, wiggling her eyebrows of her. "Now being a lover of a king like Max...that's bound to lead to some hot stuff." She winked, causing Liz's cheeks to turn pink.

Maria continued when she remembered what happened with Isabel and Alex last night. "And the sex....oh Jesus. Liz if you ever make it out alive please let me know how it was. I need to hear a human girl's version of it before I consider doing it. I just wanna test the waters first."

Liz chocked and couldn't get a word out, her face was tomato red. "Oh my god Maria..." She coughed. "I can't believe you're thinking about that already." Liz stopped by her locker and did the combination.

Putting her history book in the locker, Liz took out her homeroom notebook and shut her locker again while Maria was babbling about alien sex. "I seriously can't wait to do it." Maria confessed. "I know I sound like a little kid wanting to grow up quick but I really wanna do it. Isabel and Alex are so lucky."

Liz noticed someone behind Maria and gestured with her eyes for Maria to look behind. Maria turned around and saw Micheal standing there with a confused look on his face.

"What happened between Isabel and Alex?"

"Birthday sex." Micheal clearly stated, Isabel glared at him. "Nice but did you know the dangers that came along with human and alien interaction. Especially if it's physical?"

First off, Micheal had broken into her bedroom and then poked his nose into her sex life which wasn't very good at all; and now he was giving her a lecture about it. "Wow.." Isabel clapped. "The one who always hated being lectured is now lecturing me?"

Micheal sniggered. "I'm not Max. Don't accuse me of being him."

"No you're not." Isabel snorted. "Because Max actually does care for other people. He's not a selfish brute like you. An insensitive jerk who does as he please. Last time I checked, you weren't in charge." Isabel folded her arms, she wasn't going to hold back her feelings today. She was really going to let Micheal know what she thought of him lately.

"Someone's gotta be in charge without Max around." Micheal shrugged, brushing off the little hurt that came with Isabel's words. He had to be a stone wall. Tess even encouraged him to be. "Since Max is not here and I'm his second in command...it looks like I am in charge."

"I'm Max's sister." Isabel reminded him. "That makes me a princess so I believe my word has more value over yours."

Micheal now felt hurt. "I guess blood is really thicker then water isn't it?"

"Stop interfering in everything Micheal. Just because you're the second in command, you don't tell me who to have sex with and who not to have sex with. It's my own personal choice just like you wanting to have sex with someone is yours. It's not my fault you threw away the one girl who could actually love you."

"Just rub it in my face huh?" He scoffed, feeling slightly hurt and angry at Isabel.

"Well someone has to show you where you went wrong." Isabel stated emotionally, hoping that her icy bitchy behaviour would smack some sense into Micheal.

Micheal opened the window and was ready to climb. "I don't know why I bother."

"Well don't." Isabel hollered after him.

Micheal slammed the windows shut behind him and Isabel cursed. "Asshole."

"So you don't know anything about your kidnapper? What they look like? What clothes they were wearing?" Jim asked a blank Tess.

Tess shook her head and felt stupid. All she saw was a dark shadow with the most hideous hair do...oh wait! "I think they had a bad hair day or something, the hair was like a massive beehive."

"Massive beehive." Jim wrote it down in his book.

Kyle repeated the word and sniggered. "Who on earth would kidnap somebody with a massive beehive on their head?"

"Some loon." His father replied.

"I'm so glad you kept asking the questions." Tess told Jim, putting the empty cup of tea on the table. "I finally remembered something."

"Are you sure you weren't imagining it?" Kyle asked her, worried that she was making something up just to get Jim off her case.

"No. I remember, the hair style was so ugly."

"Could be an alien...one of those enemies of yours." Jim said, remembering Tess had given him a story about the skins the other day.

"It is." Tess replied. "I just don't know who it is though."

No skin ever had been after her before until now. Why her though? She didn't have anything to offer them...yet.

"I'm glad you could fork out some time." Isabel said, walking around the pod chamber with Liz. "I just needed a girlfriend to talk to."

Liz was happy to be there for Isabel, during the summer they had become really good friends and Liz felt like Isabel was one of her best friends now instead of just a friend. Isabel had also felt the same way and grown closer to both Liz and Maria then she had with Tess.

"I'm here for you. Just remember that. Anytime." Liz placed a hand on Isabel's shoulder.

"I really hurt his feelings Liz." Isabel said, she was now regretting being cold to Micheal now. "Whenever he's upset he just does something crazy and gets even more wounded." Isabel sniffed. "We're supposed to stick together!" She cried, looking up at the cave's ceiling. "The three of us, Max, Micheal and I. We were inseparable! Now look at us. Micheal and I can barely stand each other, Max is out there somewhere! I feel so broken." Isabel sobbed.

Liz bit her bottom lip and allowed Isabel to continue.

"When that Gandarium demon almost took what he wanted from me...I just realised that....I may not make it out of this. Max was gone and Micheal was busy with his own situation. Who'd be there for me? And then he came." Isabel wiped her wet nose with a handkerchief. "Micheal came to save me because he cared about me although he had another problem going on. Then you guys were there too. I forgot that I had friends at that moment. I only thought that Max was the only one to care about me."

"The truth is, we all base our faith on Max; Me and Micheal. And Tess, of course. We should be leaning on each other for support and being there for each other." Isabel said. "God, I've really blown it this time haven't I Liz? Micheal probably hates me right now."

Liz shook her head. "Don't say that Isabel. He doesn't. Everyone has their ups and downs. I know Micheal cares about you." Liz ran her fingers over Isabel's hair, consoling the crying girl. "He sees you like his sister."

Isabel hugged Liz and then the two made an attempt to exit the pod chamber. Liz was shortly behind Isabel and then had not seen a huge rock. She tripped over and landed on the sandy floor.

"Liz!" Isabel turned around and rushed to help Liz up.

Liz coughed and then opened her eyes; turning her head to the side she felt a draft of wind touch her cheek. The skins of the pods were moving a little as if something was blowing on it.

As Isabel helped up a dazed Liz, she kept her eyes on the empty pods. "There's something behind there." Liz suddenly said, letting of a surprised Isabel as she moved to the broken pods. Liz touched the bars that held the pods up and traced her fingers around it, trying to find an opening.

Isabel watched Liz in curiosity but said nothing.

Liz's fingers went down south and then she found a clasp. Opening it, the two bottom pods were pushed slightly aside to reveal a small gap. It was four foot big, big enough for anyone to crawl through. Isabel's mouth was dry. How on earth did Liz work that out?

"Come on Isabel!" Liz called, crawling through the gap.

Isabel hesitated and then followed Liz. What they both saw knocked away their breaths. "What is this?" Isabel gasped, staring at the huge polished cone standing above another object in the shape of an upside cone. The room was grey and black but much brighter then the pod chamber.

"Oh my god..." Liz studied the instrument. "Must be some sort of ship or something."

Both of them stood still, trying to work out what exactly were they looking at.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 1/2/10 Chpt 13 p.10

Post by Hunter »

A/N: A couple of lines are taken from the episode "Surprise" in Roswell.

Chapter Thirteen

"What do you think of piercings?" Courtney suddenly leaned over, leering at Micheal who was busy tossing the sizzling burgers.

"I don't." Came his simple reply, Micheal barely glanced at her but Courtney had his attention. He believed Courtney was a bizarre girl, acting on sexual innuendo's. He wasn't stupid but simply chose to be slightly ignorant of Courtney's style of flirting. It didn't do any wonders for him at all.

"It may hurt at first.." She purred popping the end of a pencil in her mouth. "But then it's all about the stimulation." Realising that her words could be easily understood as intended pun, she didn't wish to retract her words; Micheal brought the devil out of her.

At that point Maria strolled in to the kitchen, wanting to know why hadn't a few customers received their food yet. She wasn't the least surprised to find Courtney in the same room with Micheal again; she did notice that the new waitress had an unhealthy habit of stalking her spaceboy.

Maria was going to make it clear to this weasel that Micheal only belonged to her. "Courtney, you're needed." Maria trying to usher the reluctant waitress out.

"We'll talk about it later Mikey G." Courtney gave his butt a light slap, Micheal dropped his mouth and his frown marred his face.

Maria's face was another story altogether, she couldn't believe what Courtney had just done. "You will never.." Maria began, stopping Courtney just next to her as she passed her. "Ever touch Micheal Guerin's ass again or any part of his body? Got that?"

Courtney scoffed and shook her head before walking out of the kitchen. Maria glared at Micheal. "If you're not too busy having verbal sex with that bitch, there's work to be done. People are hungry out there.." Maria paused and then in a sarcastic tone she hissed with a bitter face. "Mikey G."

Micheal rolled his eyes and flipped the burgers. "Don't start Maria, I had a fucking bad day."

"So you think by hooking up with Courtney, it will make you feel better?" Maria accused, showing signs of fear about his attraction to other girls. She couldn't bear to even imagine that the guy she loved was actually considering getting with other girls. It was heartbreaking.

"I'm not hooking up with anyone." Micheal snorted, wondering why Maria was so uptight on this Courtney situation.

"I think something's fishy." Maria folded her arms. "That Courtney chick...something is up with her."

"Hmm maybe." Micheal nodded; the thought actually had some merit.

He'd check it out later.

"I don't think we should tell anyone for now." Liz told Isabel as Isabel drove her home. "It's kind of very shocking and big news." Liz unbuckled her belt.

Stopping just outside the Crashdown, Isabel parked the jeep by the sidewalk and turned the engine off. "Yeah telling Micheal would probably end up in more damage." Isabel agreed.

"Maybe we could tell Maria." Liz suggested, she always told Maria most of the secrets she kept. Liz couldn't remember a day that had went by and she had kept secrets from Maria.

"And Alex." Isabel added, she would share everything with her boyfriend from now on; to Isabel, trust was an essential ingredient in a relationship.

"Okay, we tell Maria and Alex. No one else." Liz replied, seeing no harm in telling two of her best friends about the discovery anyway.

"Cool." Isabel tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and watched Liz climb out of the jeep. "Oh Liz?"

Liz straightened her shirt and looked at Isabel. "Yeah?"

"Thank you." Isabel had been wanting to thank Liz for finding the secret room behind the pods. Liz had been very helpful to them and Isabel wanted to show her appreciation. "You found the thing, so thanks."

"We both found it." Liz insisted, blushing at Isabel thanking her. She wasn't used to being complimented.

Isabel gave her a warm smile before turning on the engine and driving off, Liz waved and Isabel waved back. Turning her attention to the doors of the Crashdown, Liz walked in.

"Good god." Maria commented as she past Liz by in the back room. "What on earth happened to your face?" Noticing that were was a couple of scratches on Liz's cheek and lip, Maria made it a big deal; she couldn't just ignore this situation.

"I fell like the clumsy idiot I am." Liz laughed it off, surprised that she had forgotten about those minor injuries. She reached out and touched her face, trying to find those little cuts.

"Oh." Maria felt curious. "Where?"

Liz took Maria's hand and proceeded to lead her upstairs. "I'll tell you everything," Liz promised and the two girls walked upstairs.

"Alex.." Isabel greeted him with her smile and he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her and kissing her at once.

"I missed you my darling." Alex's lips lingered on her skin and for a moment, she forgot everything and felt the arousing heat rise. "I see you want some sugar." He teased, brushing his hands across her hard nipples and extracted a moan from Isabel.

Isabel almost gave into her craving desires but moved her cheek away from Alex's lips. "I need to tell you something." She said, breaking the make out session for some time. "It's important."

Alex and Isabel sat down on his bed and he took her hands in his. They shared a silent moment and panic ran through Alex's heart.

"I-" Alex chocked. "I wasn't rough on our first time was I?" He hoped not, his intentions were to pleasure Isabel in every way. If he had hurt her, he would punish himself for doing so.

"No-no!" Isabel finally spoke, how could Alex think that? How could she make him think that? Oh god, she was such an awful girlfriend. "Alex, our first time was perfect. You were perfect, I would never trade that for anything in the world." She caressed his face, hoping to remove any fears about his performance on their first time on making love.

"So we're good?" Alex frowned, trying to figure out what had troubled Isabel. If he hadn't been too tough on her, then what? Oh god. Did he? Oh dear. "Are you pregnant?" Alex spluttered, he was sure he used protection. But then again, he made love with an alien. Maybe something strange had happened.

Isabel tried not to laugh. "I'm not pregnant silly." Isabel chuckled. "As much as I'd love to have your babies, I'm not pregnant yet so don't get your hopes up daddy."

Alex laughed with Isabel as his heart raced with excitement, Isabel Evans did want his babies after all! He still couldn't believe that he had finally gotten the woman of his dreams and that she shared the same vision of their future together as he did. He rubbed her hand with his fingertips, sharing a secret smile.

"I wanted to say something else." Isabel finally managed to get on the topic of her and Liz's discovery. "About what Liz and I found in the pod chamber a few hours ago."

Alex listened carefully to Isabel as she told him everything. "So all this time, there was a secret room back there and no one knew about it?"

Isabel shook her head no.

"I promise I won't tell anyone." Alex vowed. "But I'd like to see that place."

Later that evening, Liz Parker was busy with her job at Whittaker's office; the same old repetitive tasks occupied her but a little music in the background helped Liz to focus.

It wasn't until Vanessa demanded her to sit in her office. So here she was, sitting silently in front of Vanessa. "What I'm about to tell you Parker...will truly change everything."

Liz nodded and then waited for Vanessa to continue. "We all have our secrets, I have mine and you have yours. So does Micheal Guerin who killed Pierce and buried his bones in the desert with Jim Valenti and Max Evans. Isn't that correct?"

Liz was left speechless, trembling with utter trepidation. "How do you-"

"I know Liz because I've seen it with my own eyes." Vanessa replied smoothly. "I was there."

"So all this time..." Liz croaked, staring at the woman with fear. "You were hunting Micheal down to get him exposed?"

Vanessa swallowed and leaned back in her big leather chair. "No. That's the strangest fact." She intertwined her fingers. "I wasn't trying to expose Micheal. I was trying to help him."

Liz bit her lip and shook her head. "No I don't believe you. I think you're against all of us. You tried to get those bones scanned. You tried to prove the existence of cadmium X!" Liz stood up, she was in a panic. Should she contact Micheal or Isabel to sort this mess out? She had no idea what to do.

Most importantly, what would Vanessa do to her? She didn't know how to defend herself. So thinking of the next best thing, Liz turned towards the exit and tried to run away from Vanessa. Vanessa however suspected this and beat Liz to it at the door. Slamming the door shut, she forced Liz to remain in the room. Liz breathed heavily, taking a few steps away from her boss.

"Don't kill me." Liz begged, she hadn't prepared herself for this. She knew she had no chance of defending herself against a potential alien or a member of the special unit. Oh god, she tried everything. She sent her fears to Max through the connection, anything; even if she knew that Max was miles away, he should know what was going to happen to her.

"Relax Parker." Vanessa grabbed her arm and shook the frightened girl. "I won't kill you! I haven't kill anyone in my entire life! Not even a damn skin!"

Liz stopped panicking and then looked at Vanessa. "You won't kill me?"

"Of course not." Vanessa scoffed. "I'm no murderer."

"Who are you then?" Liz pressed on, throwing Vanessa's grip off her arm.

"I'm an alien." Vanessa revealed.

"You're like Max..Micheal-"

"Yes." Vanessa nodded. "I'm not part of the royal four but I am a purebred antarian. I've been adopted by a family of skins who tried their best to convert me." Vanessa explained, persuading Liz to relax. Liz was still a little tense but allowed Vanessa the opportunity to explain herself.

"Why should I believe you?" Liz scoffed, seeing no reason in beleiving Vanessa. The woman had tried to expose Micheal to everyone! She endangered all of their lives. "You were so determined in exposing the existence of Cadmium X and Micheal."

"No I wasn't." Vanessa had a hand through her hair, frustrated at Liz Parker. "I was trying to save him, I know this is going to sound nuts but you have to believe me. It's a curse I've been stamped with. Whatever I say to humans, they do the exact opposite."

Liz raised her eyebrows. "No kidding?"

"I'm not." Vanessa looked serious. "It's only if I will though. If I wanted a human to leave me alone, I'd tell them to stalk me and use my weird power. I was doing the same with Micheal. I told those humans to hunt aliens down. Now they won't." Vanessa had spent hours of trying to draft out the truth to Liz who she felt the closest to. It was a difficult truth and seemed like a lie even to her.

Judging from Liz's facial expression, Vanessa knew this was going to take a long time. Liz was a smart girl, she wasn't gullible at all which Vanessa hoped she was.

"I have a split personality Parker; it's resulted from the upbringing I've received. Sometimes I turn into Hyde." Vanessa told Liz the ugly truth. "It's a curse I've been stamped with."

Liz still had no trust for the woman and backed away a little.

"Listen.." Vanessa used a calmer tone. "You're human; I'll tell you to sit in my chair." Vanessa paused and then got ready to use her powers. "Sit in my chair Liz."

Liz stood still and refused to listen to Vanessa. "No. I won't do anything you say." Liz replied, but she felt no power forcing her to do anything.

"Stay standing up." Vanessa told Liz who didn't even move. Vanessa frowned. "I said keep standing up."

Liz didn't move a muscle and thought Vanessa lost her marbles. "You are nuts."

Vanessa frowned in confusion. "How odd...you're supposed to do the opposite of what I say." She scratched her chin. "Well maybe you're just a little harder to work on." She shrugged. "I'll show you that my powers do work on other people." Vanessa strolled over to grab her purse from her desk.

Liz stood rooted to the spot. "I still don't trust you." She told Vanessa with conviction shining in her dark brown eyes.

"I'm not surprised." Vanessa returned to the door. "Let's go to the Crashdown and see the truth shall we?"

Liz sat with Vanessa at a booth and watched the customers. "What are you gunna do?" Liz whispered, hoping there wasn't a price to pay for Vanessa using her powers.

"I'm gunna get that waitress over here." Vanessa answered and then whistled. "Yoohooo don't come over here!" She raised her tone, the waitress...Penny looked at them and walked over.

Liz still wasn't convinced it was Vanessa's powers that brought Penny here. "May I take your order?"

"You won't sing drive my car by The Beatles now." Vanessa told Penny as Liz watched, expecting a miracle. Liz rolled her eyes and looked out of the window.

But something weird happened, Penny opened her lips and a high pitched tone left her lips.

"Asked a girl what she wanted to be, she said, baby can't you see? I wanna be famous, a star on the screen. But you can do something in between. Baby you can drive my car. Yes I'm gunna be a star. Baby you can drive my car. Baby I love you." Penny sung as if it was her favorite song. Liz's eyes were wide.

"Okay carry on." Vanessa clapped.

Liz watched, baffled as Penny stopped her horrible singing. Penny looked awful after singing and then frowned. "I don't even like that song!" She exclaimed.

"I wouldn't like a slice of asteroid pie and Liz doesn't want a slice of men in black pie." Vanessa told Penny who began scribbling the orders down before leaving.

"Oh my god..." Liz gasped, realising that Vanessa was right. "It's true."
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 2/2/10 Chpt 14 p.10

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, here's another chapter. Enjoy.

Chapter Fourteen

"Courtney is also with you?" Liz asked as Vanessa explained to Liz about her plans. Courtney who was busy serving someone at the time, noticed Vanessa and waved at her with a smile. Vanessa waved back and this didn't go unnoticed by Liz Parker.

"Yes. She's been assisting me since we got here." Vanessa said. "She's a member of the rebel skin group, a group that opposes Kivar and his followers. We want to restore the Antarian traditions. Max should be sitting on the throne now, not Kivar."

At the mention of her Max, Liz felt her heart ache. God she missed him.

"There's so much more I want to tell you Liz but not here. Maybe tomorrow. You've had a lot to take in today." Vanessa appeased Liz. "In the meantime, try and get some sleep." Vanessa grabbed her purse and stood up.

"What do I tell the others about you?"

"Tell em everything I told you." Vanessa said before leaving a few dollars on the table and walking off. Liz looked at the money and looked away.

Max finished his job for today and felt like tearing his clothes off so he'd be naked and stop the humid heat taking it's toll. But he kept his boxers on and lay back on the bed. In case Cal walked in again, he didn't want to be seen naked by him or anyone else.

Max's suspicion turned out to be true when Cal knocked at the door. He had usually been eager to have his training session’s right after work but Max had learnt so much in the past few days that he just wanted a day off. "Come in." Max answered Cal.

Cal walked in and greeted Max. "Don't worry kid, there'll be no training today. Just talking. I think a history lesson is what we need today." Cal locked the door behind him. Max scrambled up on the bed and crossed his legs.

Cal took the usual seat by the bed and began. "Today we're gunna talk about your most favorite subject." Cal beamed.

"And that would be?" Max yawned, wondering if Cal was going to lecture him about the Granolith again. He didn't even know what it looked like. Max had never seen the Granolith.

"More of our history." Cal slapped his hands together; he had wanted to continue his story ever since he had begun.

Max sat up and stretched his legs while the protector got ready to start his story again. "Right, okay..." Cal took a few breaths. "Your past life on Antar."

"Do I want to remember?" Max groaned, the last time he had talked about this awful past of his when he learned of his alliance with Tess; he had tried to convince himself that there had been some sort of mistake, that he had never been with Tess in that life either, that everything that the lady on the orb said was false. It just reminded him that he was mistaking what he wanted to be true was true.

"Yes you do." Cal urged. "It's important. What happened before will not create new feelings for anyone so don't worry about that. If you dislike Tess now, you didn't like her in the past life either."

Max rubbed his forehead, wishing things were that simple. "I was engaged to her Cal. I...don't know how to react to that. That part will never change." His tone was harsh. Tess would always be a part of his life, even if he didn't want her to be. It was so unfair. Sometimes he felt like he wasn't this Zan they kept talking about. Zan and him were two completely different people and that Zan's responsibilities were dumped unjustly on him.

"Your highness, what I can say is that although you were a bit of a prick in the past life, you were always.." Cal bit his bottom as he tried to find the right word to describe Max Evans. "You're...also an old romantic. I dunno Max, when we were back on Antar...you never had the one with you but you always acted like someone was out there for you and she wasn't Tess. You hid that part of you from everyone. No one knew you were pining for something." Cal smiled warmly. "Until one day I saw you on the eve of your engagement. I was just passing by and you were praying to God...you said..." Cal paused, remembering those words so clearly.

[Start of flash]

"This is not fair." Zan whispered with closed eyes as he sat alone in the holy temple. "I may be conceited, selfish and arrogant but why should I deserve anything less then the best? Don't I too have a mate who I can actually love? Why should I be with someone who does not make me feel...." Zan paused, he couldn't find the right word.

Cal had been standing in the temple, hiding behind a pillar as he listened intently to Zan. He knew he shouldn't have trespassed when the prince was praying; it was a law that when a prince or any person of royal heritage prays in the temple, no one outside the family must enter the premises. Cal had broken that law just to hear the truth out of Zan's lips. He didn't like the prince that much. He was a spoiled rotten prince that deserved someone like Ava. He used to feel no remorse for Prince Zan but now, he pitied him.

"Like you love them and would do anything for them?" Cal finally stepped out from behind the pillar, exposing himself to Zan. He wasn't afraid to be punished for breaking a law because Cal knew one thing about the Prince that no one else did.

"What are you doing here?" Zan's voice was full of venom; he already took note of Cal breaking the law. He was a little shocked to find someone else at the temple with him, his eyes showed anger as he stood up. Cal still didn't feel intimidated. He was older then the prince, in his mind, the prince should feel intimidated by him.

"Show some respect to your elders, your highness. We are in a temple." Cal reminded him. "Let's not fight in a holy place."

Zan snorted. "You know I am so higher then you? I can get you killed. You're so worthless."

"Please."

"What did you hear?" Zan demanded, fully knowing that Cal was eavesdropping.

"Everything." Cal admitted.

[End of flash]

"I was like that?" Max was very surprised, Zan definitely felt like another person; he could never imagine being cruel to anyone like that It was so shameful and embarrassing.

"Afraid so and you are still like that but you're just holding it back. You can't change who you are Max. It's kind of funny because we got to see one side of you back there and now we finally get to see the other side. Fate is such an enigmatic bitch." Cal remarked.

"So do you think the other's are like that? you know Isabel..Michael and Tess?"

"Pretty much, I would say judging from what I've seen so far, Isabel possesses her old qualities the most. She is so Vilandra-like. Michael was gentler in the past. He had even been more of gentlemen that you have." Cal grinned, watching Max flinch. "Yes he was a bit of a ladies man but he knew how to be affectionate. It was only you, you were cold. You had trust issues. I should know."

[Start of flash]

Cal stopped reading his astronomy book as soon as Prince Zan and Sir Rath barged into the Royal Library. Cal had been on training to be a protector for the past few weeks and the Royal Library had been his domain. It was his sanctuary, where he could get peace until now.

"This is unfair!" Rath announced, walking after his best friend. "Why do I always need your permission to go to Earth?" Why?"

Zan spun around and snorted. "Is there a shortage of women here that you need to mingle with human females?" He retorted, aware of the reasons why Rath had ran off to Earth again using up most of Antar's energy.

It was rumored that years of production have finally been exhausted, the energy source was dying out and a new one was being created in the process. Rath had no responsibility and had used up a massive dose of energy to power up his ship so he could explore other regions. As the future King, Zan was enraged and tired of his best friend’s child like behaviour.

Rath felt stupid as his best friend treated him like a naughty child. "I'm sorry man. I only wanted to see Earth one more time before I tie the knot."

Zan stopped and his anger slowly subsided. "What?"

"You know the infamous engagement between me and your sister." Rath swallowed. "I don't love her and I'm being forced like you to get married. I thought you of all people would know how I feel."

Zan knew how Rath was feeling and hated himself for ignoring those feelings. When he had heard of his sister and his best friend being engaged, he was happy. He admitted that to Cal, the protector in training who he had confided a lot of things to over the last two weeks. But then he realised, Rath was like him. He too wanted to be loved by someone instead of being trapped in a marriage with someone he could barely love.

Cal looked over the top of his book and noticed the two at a stand off. "Why are you scared to be human?" Rath finally broke the silence, running out of patience with his best friend.

"Why are you scared to be an Antarian?" Zan returned, hiding his true feelings for now. He didn't know how it happened, but Rath was starting to find out how he really felt.

[End of flash]

Max lifted an eyebrow. "I actually asked Michael that...." He laughed, remembering that moment. "I asked him why he was scared to be human."

"I think it's karma." Cal commented.

"I have a question." Max asked, shifting position so that he was sitting cross legged on the bed now. "How do we age exactly?"

"Three years is one human year." Cal said. "We age so slow and well if you choose, you can retain your youthful appearance."

"How so?" Max's interest perked up.

"The granolith." Cal rubbed his chin. "We also used that to speed up your aging process as soon as you hatched from the pods so you'd keep in line with humans to avoid suspicion. Your parents, they had their memories wiped but the moment they saw you..they knew who you were. It's parental instinct. Something that no power can ever wipe out in the world."

"So I'm really Diane and Phillip's son?" Max couldn't believe it, all these years he had believed that they weren't his parents and now they were. It was really relieving and he felt so elated.

"Yes. They are your real parents." Cal confirmed. "When the ship hit the earth, Kivar had put a wave in between the atmosphere and the ship so the memories were wiped out. Your parents were in comatose and during those years while they were in coma, I had protected them. It was twenty years later that they finally woke up."

Max shuddered. "My parents were in coma for twenty years and they were living with you?"

"I was rich by then and they had a private hospital. Don't think we're the only aliens here Max. There's so many of us on this planet now that one can say humans are sharing the Earth with another race instead of a few aliens."

"How?"

"Well before the crash and Kivar's war, some people left to stay here and some people chose to go on vacation here but ended up staying. Then they reproduced with each other and had babies who grew up and did the same. Now I can safely say there's two thousand aliens in this world. There's not much but it's more then the royal four."

"W-wow." Max was beyond shocked but happy. At least they weren't alone.

"Well I think I need to go now." Cal stood up, feeling tired. It was so exhausting, telling the story of their past; so much had happened since 1947. So much. His head was starting to go nuts.

Max let the information sink in and then a thought occurred to him.

"Oh." Max quickly remembered something and dashed for the desk, taking out three envelopes, he handed them to Cal. "Could you please go to Roswell and send these letters to Isabel, Michael and Liz?"

Cal took the envelopes and guarded them as if they were his life. "I will." He promised before walking out of Max's room.

"You know I love you don't you?" Nasedo stroked his daughter's hair, showing signs of affection that Tess so badly needed right now. Curled up on Kyle's bed, Nasedo comforted Tess and held her. "Whose daddy's girl?"

Tess answered with a happy smile. "I am."

"They let this happen to you." Nasedo said quietly, running his fingers over Tess's bruises. "Because they don't care."

"They do care." Tess insisted. "They do." But she felt her father hold his breath and she knew he didn't see things the way she did; most of the times he had been right, maybe this time he was right too.

"If they cared, Max would have been with you by now and you would have been so happy." Nasedo rasped. "Oh you would have been pregnant and crowned queen."

Tess closed her eyes. "I wish but that's not going to happen."

"Listen my child." Nasedo turned Tess to face him, he held her shoulders and said, "Your mother died and left you in my care. Your happiness is my happiness and if my daughter isn't going to get that then I'll be damned. My soul will burn in hell for eter-"

Tess covered her father mouth and gasped. "Dad, don't say such things!"

Nasedo grinned and then took Tess' hand off his lips. "You see my love for you....I can't bear to see you unhappy." He was rubbish at these emotional talks but he knew the art of manipulation. He had been dissatisfied at how life was treating his daughter. "Did you know that not only they abandoned you in the previous life? They betrayed you and left you to die while you were always loyal."

Tess felt her heart constrict in pain, Nasedo had always told her not to let anyone use her. She hadn't known how far people had gone in taking advantage of her. Nasedo touched her skin and then showed her vague images as he spoke.

"Yes, Max did take you for granted. He always thought you were going to wait around for him like a mistress. That's what you were to him. He only used you to take care of his lustful needs. You were so innocent and hadn't realised what a fool they made out of you; even Isabel who had constantly pretended to be your best friend and made you take the blame on your secret girly nights out. Of course, the old king and queen would never believe their perfect daughter would be so wild. That Isabel...the things she got up to. Tess, you can't let history repeat itself. You can't. You have to do something. Don't ever let them take advantage of you again."

Tears slid down her pink cheeks. "I won't Father. I won't let history repeat itself."

"So many things are happening right now." Liz remarked, pacing up and down Maria's bedroom where Isabel, Micheal and Alex were present. "The kidnap of Tess..Vanessa being an alien with multiple personality disorder..." Liz shook her head. "Max leaving...the Gandarium...it's kind of making my head spin."

"You and me both." Michael agreed placing his hands on his thighs as he parked his butt on the foot of Maria's bed.

"Well I think we should focus on one problem at a time. That way, we can keep ourselves in control." Maria chimed in, keeping up with the alien talk was harder then she thought but she was willing to suggest anything, even crazy ideas to help.

"Nothing crazy please." Michael told Maria.

"Not if it involves my Jetta." Maria returned in a sarcastic tone, she was lucky that her Jetta was still in one piece.

"Should we trust this Vanessa?" Isabel asked while toying with her necklace. "You did say she had a split personality. We can't risk more damage."

"She already knows about us." Liz sighed in defeat. "She was there when you buried the bones." Liz said to Micheal who looked alarmed.

"Do we even have a choice?" asked Alex, guessing that it was of no use hiding from Vanessa Whittaker anymore.

"She was telling me the truth just like Topolsky was. Maybe we should listen to her." Liz said, she had felt so guilty on learning about Topolsky's death and somehow felt responsible for letting the woman die. She didn't want to take that chance with Vanessa.

"Just let her know if she double crosses us." Micheal said, looking at Liz straight in the eyes. "We're gunna blast her ass to space."

"How can you trust her?" Tess looked mortified and angry while Isabel told her everything.

Out of the kindness of her heart, Isabel had decided to pay Tess a visit and see how she was; she didn't really trust the girl after finding out that Tess had mind warped her into thinking she was having Michael's baby. However, she put those feelings aside and concentrated on Tess' wellbeing. The girl had been kidnapped by some strange person whose identity was still to be found.

"How could you Isabel?" Tess accused, reeling in anger.

Isabel looked blankly at Tess and felt the anger rise. She hated it when people raised their voices at her. "We trusted you." Isabel reminded. "You mind warped us. We had no reason to trust you."

Tess felt like choking back on her words; Isabel Evans was right. But this time, everything was different. "I am one of you guys. Vanessa Whittaker isn't." Tess swallowed and closed her eyes. "How do you not know if she was the one who kidnapped me?"

"I see no reason why she'd kidnap you?" Isabel understood Tess and realised that Vanessa could have been Tess' culprit. "Maybe but we have to find out for sure."

Staring at the different styles of the trucks, Liz couldn't make a choice. Maria had been standing on her sore feet for three hours, both of them were still in the same car shop for hours. The car dealer was still advertising the same kind of cars over and over again, obviously he wasn't tired and Liz had been a similar story. She was like a kid in a Candy shop.

"I really love that red truck." Liz said but then put her finger to her chin. "However...I think I can do with something better."

"Urgh please hurry up Liz, I'm gunna fall asleep here." Maria moaned, rubbing her eyes in exhaustion.

"I need something that has protection, durability, speed and looks catchy." Liz said. "I'm looking for dark colours. I don't mind if it's red or black or blue." She shrugged. "Or silver."

"And cheap." Maria added, still rubbing her eyes.

"Then I've just got the thing for you." The happy go lucky car dealer grinned.

The man revealed a polished GMC Yukon. It was silver and looked brand new. "It's been used but the price is reasonable."

"So it's second hand?"

"It's a 1997 model but it's been retouched with new parts and a completely new engine. Some would say it's a 2000 model now." He grinned.

"How many seats does it have?" Liz asked, checking out the bulky vehicle. It was defiantly durable, she thought.

"Eight. Two at the front, three in the middle and three in the back." He answered.

"That will fit the whole gang in." Maria stopped rubbing her eyes and chuckled. "How much is it?"

Liz and Maria giggled as Liz drove them down the highway in her new car. "I can't believe I have a new car!" Liz giggled, fiddling with the CD player. "Oh my god. It's so cool!"

"I love this." Maria pressed the electric button, the window rolled down and she loved the breeze on her hair. "Amazing this is."

Liz laughed and put the radio on. "I feel like I'm so tall in this car." Liz admitted, admiring everything about her car. It wasn't that expensive at all. Her mother had taken care of the price.

"You know what? I'm actually so happy you got this car because now my Jetta can go back to being just a Jetta instead of a spaceship."

Liz nodded and laughed. "You got that right."

Vanessa looked unhappy as she stared out of the window and into the sky. Today was such a bad day and she had this fear growing in the pit of her stomach. Tomorrow would be even worse.

Liz walked in, humming some songs; she was in a good mood. "Liz, I'm glad you're here." Vanessa told her and moved away from the window. "I have to tell you something."

Liz's smile dropped and she nodded. "What do you wanna tell me?"

"Today is the eve of the Harvest." Vanessa swallowed.

"So let me get this straight, there's like two days that are Eve's and then the actual Harvest day?" Liz asked, trying to clarify the details.

Vanessa had explained lumps of information about the Harvest to Liz. "In Copper Summit the Harvest will take place. I'm a member of the Universal Friendship league so I'm invited. I can take up to three guests."

Liz swallowed. "What will happen to your guests?"

"They either get their minds erased about the whole thing or they get turned into skins. But that's only if they're human." Vanessa replied quietly. "I need to take a couple of antarians there to help destroy the nest."

"You want Michael and Isabel to go?"

Vanessa nodded. "I do, both of them have extreme powers. Tess is useful too."

"You know about Tess?" Liz looked surprised.

"I know about all of them. I know Max heals, I know Michael sucks out the energy out of people and Isabel dream walks. Tess mind warps so it's quite useful those powers." Vanessa paused and felt like she had to eradicate Liz's suspicion. "All of us about the Royal four's powers. Even the skins. But unfortunately because you guys activated something, it gave the enemies a signal that leads here. They know where you guys are."

"But they haven't come for us yet."

"I don't think they've been sitting idle all this time." Vanessa rasped, dreading that there were other skins in town.

"We haven't talked about our kiss properly." Kyle sat down next to Tess on the sofa. "I want to talk about it." He had been bothered about that subject for days now and wanted to come clean about the whole thing with Tess.

"Yeah?" Tess hadn't moved at all and remained her focus on the TV.

"I have this attraction to you, I want to kiss you but at the same time I wanna know you as a friend first."

"I thought we agreed to be friends." Tess looked unaffected.

"Yeah I do but we can't pretend like the kiss never happened." Kyle laughed, "That's crazy."

"Kyle..." Tess put the TV off and then moved her position so she was facing him. "Listen, things got off to a weird start between us but you've been so good to me. I don't want to jeopardize that at all." Tess paused. "I want us to be friends."

Kyle pressed his lips together. "Ok fine. Friends. But don't blame me for kissing you again." He leant over and kissed her cheek. "I find you so attractive." He gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Tess giggled and hit Kyle with a cushion. "Get outta here!"

"I'm going!" Kyle laughed, sprinting away from the sofa and running to his bedroom. "But I'm gunna fantasize about kissing you." He made smooching noises with his pouting lips and Tess threw the cushion on his face. Kyle caught it and threw it back at her.

"Joker." Tess grinned, tossing the cushion at Kyle that hit him in the back of the head.

"Hey!"

Liz wrapped her arms around her mother and hugged her. "Thank you so much mom." Liz said, hoping she wasn't distracting her mother from watching her favorite show. "I love that car."

Nancy nodded and smiled. "Don't thank me. I've been saving that money for you for a while. I just thought I should buy you your first car."

Liz moved to sit by her mother. "I...I really wanted to say that no matter what happens Mom, you know I'll never take you for granted. I love you."

Nancy wasn't convinced and thought she was losing her daughter, since that day she had been called in school to learn about her daughter and this Max guy making out like mad in some Eraser room, Nancy felt distanced from her daughter. She still remember those words Liz had shouted to her.

Right, mom, because you've never had to! 'Cause I do every single thing you want, and y-you just think I'm always gonna be that way! You don't even see me.

Those words still stung to this date. She never knew how much Liz could actually hurt her, her only baby girl and Nancy was so upset on how weak their relationship had become.

Liz sensed her mother's sadness and wiped her mother's tears away. "Oh Mom." Liz sighed. "Some of the stuff I said before were selfish and completely out of character. I love you okay? Even if I yell at you or act horrible, just know in my heart I love you. I can't promise that I'll hurt you again even though I don't want to. It's just this uncontrollable situation but nothing will make me love you less." Liz cupped her mother's face.

"I can promise that I will be a better daughter and I will support you." Liz felt that there was no point in making false promises. She knew telling the truth was bitter but making false promises was more hurtful so she made the ones she believed she could actually keep.

Nancy smiled and hugged her daughter. "Forgive me Mom."

"I forgive you." Nancy sobbed, holding on to her baby girl.

"You will never lose me." Liz promised.

A/N: we're just going to pretend that Kelly Clarkson's song Sober exists back in 2000, the lyrics go so well with this moment.

And I don't know
This could break my heart or save me
Nothing's real
Until you let go completely
So here I go with all my thoughts I've been saving
So here I go with all my fears weighing on me

When Liz dragged herself into her room, she didn't expect to find a white envelope on her bed. She was curious so she peeled the letter out of the envelope.

Three months and I'm still sober
Picked all my weeds but kept the flowers
But I know it's never really over

Her heart almost stopped when she read it.

To Liz.

She could hear his voice in her mind. "Oh Max." Liz gasped, feeling happy and sad at the same time as she caressed his written words with her fingers.

And I don't know
I could crash and burn but maybe
At the end of this road I might catch a glimpse of me
So I won't worry about my timing, I want to get it right
No comparing, second guessing, no not this time

I have so many things to say to you but I don't know where to start. I miss you. I want you. I love you. Life has been hell for three months. I am okay but without home, there is nothing. I just wanted to send you this letter, I'm not good at writing a lot but I have to say a lot of things. I'm still haunted by the White Room, I can't stop having nightmares but the most amazing thing is that I'm having dreams of you too. They help me.

Three months and I'm still breathing
Been a long road since those hands I left my tears in but I know
It's never really over, no

Although the nightmares aren't still over, I have to warn you that things will happen. Bad things but I'm watching over you. I won't let anything happen to you or the others. Just don't go looking for me, I've told Michael and Isabel the same. Send Maria and Alex my concerns for them too. I hope they're okay as well. I'll be with you soon. You can count on it.

Forever yours

Love Max

Liz held the letter to her chest and cried.

Wake up

Three months and I'm still standing here
Three months and I'm getting better yeah
Three months and I still am

Three months and it's still harder now
Three months I've been living here without you now
Three months yeah, three months

Three months and I'm still breathing
Three months and I still remember it
Three months and I wake up

Three months and I'm still sober
Picked all my weeds but kept the flowers
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 4/2/10 Chpt 15 p.11

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Timelord1
Ellie- About Tess’ character..... I’ve always found her as a complex character so you never know what she is really. Is she evil or just simply misunderstood? I guess we’ll find that out later.
Eve
Carolyn
Natalie
tequathisy- I really like your feedback. You can safely assume that all your questions will be answered in this story. Max left for a reason and he's not perfect, he has his flaws. Don't worry, the answers to your questions will be gradually revealed. Just for the record, Max is not sleeping on his best friend's couch but it in a motel somewhere that's not in Roswell.

A/N: Oh, just to let you guys know this story is set in September instead of October; so all the events are happening during September which technically means that it's been almost four mouths since Max was away.
Chapter Fifteen

The rain lashed against the streets of Roswell, whipping the concrete without mercy. For Maria, it was a nightmare. Holding an umbrella in one hand, she tried to protect the warm bag that contained someone's food in it. The wind surged and almost tore the umbrella out of Maria's hand, a shower of rain hit her from the side as she battled the strong breeze to hold on to her poor little umbrella.

"This so sucks." She muttered, making her way across the street with a sullen face.

Even crossing the road from the Crashdown to the UFO centre was proving to be very difficult; Maria felt like she was trying to swim through the seven seas.

Once she passed the street and reached the UFO centre, Maria closed her umbrella and shook the excess water off it. Looking like a drowned rat, she pushed through the big doors of the UFO centre and made her way inside. It was much warmer and dry inside. Maria walked slower and enjoyed the heat that was pouring out from the central heating system.

Walking down the steps, Maria stopped halfway and noticed that there were men around. There were men in uniforms moving things about. Assuming that the Milton guy was having a makeover for the UFO centre, Maria walked down the rest of the steps and looked around.

Milton was nowhere to be seen. Just as she was about to go to the office, a weird looking guy appeared in front of her.

Maria took one look at him and judging by his crazy hair style, she guessed he was just a mad scientist or something. He looked very creepy and serious.

"Got my order?" He spoke with a British accent, it wasn't posh but it was clear and concise.

"Your order? I thought it was for Milton." Maria mumbled, already handing the bag over.

Brody took it and opened it, he sniffed the food and hummed. "Hmmm I can literally smell that pepper jack."

"Where's Milton?" Maria asked, noticing the changes made in the UFO centre. That huge scary alien statue was gone and replaced with planets hanging from the ceiling.

The information booth was moved and the wall of the weird was tidier, before it was unkempt. "Milton doesn't work here anymore." Brody crumpled the bag up again and shifted his attention on the big lipped blonde. "I brought him out."

"He sold this?" Maria looked surprised; even she knew how crazy Milton was about aliens. "He loves this place; this is his life's work!"

"It's mine now." Brody shrugged and then dipped his hand into his pocket. "How much do I owe you?" He felt a little nervous on Maria's reaction, being the new guy was tough so he thought he'd please this girl by giving her a tip.

"Ten dollars." Maria replied, sticking her hand out.

Brody slapped down 100 hundred dollars in Maria's hand and she hadn't even noticed. Instead she crumpled the note into her coat pocket without looking. "Well enjoy your food sir."

"Call me Brody." He gave her a small grin.

"Ok, Brody. Later." Maria waved and headed back up the stairs.

"This better be good. My hair looks like it's been soaked with acid." Tess moaned, closing the door behind her. Her hair was shaped to her skull; the rain had ruined it completely. She had it straightened and washed just yesterday and now it was a frizzled mess.

Last time she had been in the rain, she hadn't minded much because Max was there. But now, being called on an urgent meeting in Whittaker's office, she did mind. It ruined her day.

"Tess, shut up." Isabel snapped, rubbing her forehead; she wasn't looking forward to hear another pissed off person today.

"I'm glad you're all here." Vanessa said, leaning against the doorframe. "We need to talk."

Michael, Isabel, Tess and Liz were all present in the room with Vanessa. "Today is the second and final eve of the Harvest."

"What is the harvest?" Michael asked, praying silently to god that they would not have to face more evil aliens again.

"Skins." Liz answered. "They're getting their husks ready because their old husks expire tommorow."

Tess laughed. "It's about time."

"Yes, it is about time." Vanessa agreed. "That's why I need your help. We need to destroy those husks. It'll be another fifty years for them and god knows how much more they've been creating. We can't let them outnumber us."

"We?" Tess scoffed. "In case you're mistaken there is no where. It's just me, Isabel, Michael and-"

"Tess." Isabel cut the petite girl off. "Let Vanessa finish please."

Shaking her head in disbelief, Tess did not want to let Vanessa finish. "I don't trust this woman. You shouldn't either. In fact none of us should be here." Tess cried angrily. "She's trying to divide and conquer."

"I think Tess might be right." Michael said, feeling confused about this whole situation himself. Vanessa had been after him about Pierce's bones, there was no way he could trust her.

Liz swallowed, feeling a little guilty and unsure of what do to. Tess looked really pissed off and acted like she wanted to kill Vanessa, Michael was starting to have his doubts to and Isabel wanted to believe Vanessa but the doubts in her mind were there.

"I believe her." Liz suddenly said. "I do. Let's just listen to her please guys. I really believe that Vanessa is on our side."

Tess laughed again and directed her cold blue eyes towards Liz. "You honestly believe this woman? She tried to get Michael arrested."

"I explained to you guys before." Liz reminded them, "Vanessa has a split personality." Liz had battled every doubt she had about Vanessa and her instincts had told her to trust Vanessa, she hoped everyone would feel the same way as she did. They had to.

"Which is why we can't trust her." Michael flashed his point across. "We will never know when she turns Hyde on us. We have to kill her!"

Vanessa looked disturbed and hadn't spoken but watched Michael and Liz argue about trusting her. "You killed Pierce and now you want to kill again?" Liz shot at Michael, horrified at how easy it was for him to mention about killing someone.

Michael froze and cowered, he let out a painful hiss and raw emotion shown in his eyes; his guilt and pain were showing and with Liz's words, he felt like a cold blooded killer. "I didn't mean to-"

"But you did." Liz huffed, "You wanted to kill again. God Michael, do you even think straight sometimes?"

Michael felt like shit in front of everyone now, his scars weren't healing and being humiliated like this was just a dagger to the heart. How could Liz talk to him like that?

"Liz stop it." Tess cut in. "You're hurting him." Tess put a hand on Michael's shoulder. "Don't listen to her."

Liz stopped and realised how she was making Michael feel. She felt embarrassed about lashing out on him in front of everyone and then apologised quickly with shame. She hadn't meant to let the situation get over the top. She was mad that no one was willing to give Vanessa a chance and had just lost her temper at that point.

Isabel who was close to tears, was looking back and forth between Michael and Liz. "Can we just listen to the Congresswoman?"

Vanessa cleared her throat. "Please don't fight against each other. You guys really have to stick together because this is important."

Tess brushed past the other three and stood face to face with Vanessa.

"I swear, if you're lying then you have no idea what's going to happen to you." She warned, her tone was deadly and icy.

"Did you know?....." Maria said as soon as she spotted Liz by the lockers. "That Milton sold the UFO centre?"

Liz shut the locker and slipped the keys into her pocket. "No? Really?" Liz tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and made her way out of the back room. Maria closely followed and informed Liz of Brody.

"Brody owns it now. He's British."

"Cool." Liz replied, making her way to the doors. She seemed like she hadn't paid attention to Maria at all and this worried Maria.

Stopping by a table, Maria held a jug of lemonade in her hand. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"Out with Isabel and Michael." Liz hollered over her shoulder, she pushed past the doors and Maria saw her jump in the jeep where Michael and Isabel were waiting for her.

Pouring the lemonade into the customer's glass, Maria shook her head. "Again she goes."

"Hey!" The customer cried and Maria jumped, realising she had just overfilled the glass. Again.

"I can't go." Michael suddenly said, slipping into the driver's seat of the jeep. "I have to stay."

The others looked worried. Vanessa in particular who had been counting on Michael to go with them to Copper Summit. "Why not?" Vanessa asked, showing her sorrow.

"Because, I feel weird..trusting you." Michael said.

"What about us Michael?" Tess asked as she narrowed her eyes at him, she was not happy that he suddenly decided to back out. "Are you gunna just run away like Ma-"

"It's fine." Isabel cut in, stopping Tess from finishing her sentence. "You stay and keep an eye on Alex, Maria and Kyle and of course the Sherriff."

Michael nodded and started the engine. "You guys take care of yourselves and then he narrowed his eyes on Vanessa. "You better make sure nothing happens to them." He warned and then backed out of the street with the jeep.

"Shall we go then?" Liz asked.

Vanessa nodded. "Let's go."

All four of the girls got into Vanessa's car and Vanessa shortly drove off towards the highway.

"Hmmm." Courtney moaned, rubbing her arms and checking for any loose skin. "You can trust her." She purred. "Vanessa's been my role model for so many years. She really is on your side and so am I, Mikey G." Courtney winked.

Michael had gone to Courtney and fired her with lots of questions that Courtney seemed happy to answer. He had followed her back to her place and she had been giving him a back rub. Oh it felt so good that Michael spoke less and felt more.

He lay on his front, sprawled out on her bed while she worked on his back. Courtney raised her leg and climbed over his ass, she settled herself down and pushed herself a little firmer against him. "Hmmm you have a nice ass." She complimented him, taking pride of his reaction on feeling her mound caressing him.

Michael groaned, never in his life had he been that close to a girl; not even with Maria. God, it felt so good. Even though Courtney was a skin, Michael couldn't help himself but enjoy what she was doing to him. He was a guy after all. Guys acted this way. He closed his eyes and allowed Courtney to rub against him in a gentle way; her hands donned his back with oil and she slid very slowly up and down his butt.

His hardness pressed against her mattress, he thought he was going to leave one serious dent. Michael hissed. He needed to feel this way, he felt wanted and needed. He fisted the sheets and Courtney's moves began frantic.

"Oh.." Courtney placed her hands on his back for leverage as she rode him out. Just a few more seconds and they both would be there..

Michael suddenly grabbed her and rolled over, he pinned her to the mattress and shoved his hungry lips on her lips. His arousal pressed roughly against her and they both rubbed together. Michael bit, nipped and sucked her lips like a mad caveman, devouring her like no tomorrow.

He tore at her shirt, revealing her small breasts. Courtney groaned and spread her legs further. "Michael..." She looked like she was in pain. "Fuck my tits."

Michael looked at her boobs and this time he noticed a patch of skin peeling off from her areola and underneath her breasts. He removed himself away from her in disgust. "That's fucking ugly." He spat on the floor and wiped his lips, god he hoped he hadn't swallowed any pieces of skin while he kissed her.

Ashamed, Courtney grabbed her torn shirt and covered her breasts with it. "If you're gunna be a shallow bastard, fuck off right now." She snapped in anger, scrambling off the bed. "You have your flaws, I have mine." She went towards the draw and grabbed a clean shirt before throwing it on.

Michael left the bed and stood up. "I just...I lost myself in the moment ok?!" He hissed, wanting her to understand from his point of view. "I'm a guy, I get turned on and just...I like an attractive woman not a skin."

"Well there's always Maria." Courtney scoffed and turned around to face Michael. "She's sexy, she's human and she's perfect for you."

"I can't. I can't be with Maria." Michael laughed. "She's too perfect for me."

"Well that sucks because then you're just gunna have to settle for flaws." Courtney pushed him on her way to the bathroom. Michael chose to ran after her but she slammed the door in his face and locked it.

"Courtney...please don't tell this to Maria. Please." He begged, he was really ashamed now, he had actually almost had an orgasm with someone who wasn't Maria. He had lost himself in the pleasure. He really felt like a prick.

Courtney didn't reply and Michael heard the sound of the shower. "You know I can just open this door with my powers?"

"You dare Michael and I will really tell Maria in gory details of what you and I were doing and what we were about to do."

Michael took a step back. "Okay I'm leaving then."

Courtney said nothing and Michael cursed his luck as he went back in the bedroom, grabbed his jacket to leave. He opened the front door and Maria stood there, face to face with him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Maria demanded, wanting to know why he was here.

"Maria, just get lost okay!" Michael snapped, he hadn't expected to see her here either and he'll be damned if she got an inkling of what happened between him and Courtney.

Maria looked suspicious and stared at Michael's lips. They were swollen. "You little bastard." She remarked. "You kissed her."

Michael wasn't prepared for the slap Maria was about to give him, the slap was harsh and hurt his head. "You asshole, I hope you choked on her skin."

The door opened and Courtney stepped out, flushed from the shower and she was wrapped in a towel. "Oh Michael, that was some great sex we had." She said, emerging beside him.

Maria's face fell and she looked at her hand. "Here." She tossed the hairclip that Courtney had left. "You left this in the Crashdown." Maria explained after Courtney caught her hairclip and thanked her.

"Yeah I'm gunna go now." Maria mumbled and backed away. Oh god, Michael had sex with Courtney. It was all she could think right now and fought those raw tears that were shining in her eyes. The hate, the pain...the confusion were all swirling around in her head. She couldn't even stand straight, her heart was bombarded with the betrayal and she just had to get out of here and cry to herself.

Not in front of them, she chanted in her mind and held her tears back. Not in front of them.

"Maria-" Michael reached out for her but she shot him a death glare and climbed into her Jetta.

Once she drove off, Michael knew that Maria would never forgive him for a long time.

He pushed Courtney back who tried to hug him. "Stay the fuck away from me." Michael hissed and walked out.

It was a warm and sunny day, the rain and the wetness had disappeared over night. The four of them had left the motel and hit the road again, this time they passed the welcome sign to Copper Summit. Vanessa had stopped her car outside a detached house. "This is my childhood home." She informed the girls as she unfastened her belt and took the keys out of the ignition.

"It's.." Isabel pressed her lips together and didn't know what to say. "Homely."

"You don't have to lie." Vanessa chuckled. "It's boring. I've spent so many years here, wishing I was someplace else."

"Yeah." Tess sniggered from the backseat she shared with Isabel. "On the Queen's throne with Kivar."

All of their smiles faded away and Vanessa coughed. "Let's go." She opened the door and the others followed. Liz gave Tess a dirty look.

"What?" Tess shrugged, slamming the door shut after Liz had closed her door. She still had her doubts about Vanessa and was certain that she was entitled to have them as long as she wished.

Liz chose to roll her eyes and not say anything, she saw glimpses of the bad Tess again and didn't like it one bit. Tess was such an difficult girl but the bottom line was, Tess would always be an outsider that was a hypocrite. Liz felt like having a one on one talk with that girl and reminding her that she was an outsider too.

But she didn't bother and followed Vanessa in to the house.

The inside of the house looked plain and normal. The floors were wooden and brown, the walls were a cream white covered in family photos and Greek ornaments. Vanessa's parents were welcoming and had made them all sit down on the sofa. Vanessa's father placed his legs on the little stool he used for a footrest.

"So Daddy, how’s your new job?" Vanessa asked.

"Gawd." He answered in the traditional southern accent, with one hand, he used a tooth pick on his teeth and the other was resting on the arm of the chair; he drummed a tune with his fingers.

The three girls sat there, nervous and kept quiet. It was Vanessa who was doing most of the talking. She knew her adoptive parents felt weird about seeing two aliens and a human girl in their house.

"It's fine." She told her father. "They're Liz's friends and they're very nice girls. They just wanted a break you know so I thought I'd drive them here."

Her father nodded and said nothing. Vanessa's mother strolled into the room with two platefuls of chicken nuggets and spring rolls. "I've got snacks." She announced proudly and placed them on the table.

"Thank you." Liz said and Isabel reached out for a chicken nugget.

"Thank you." Isabel said, stuffing the nugget in her mouth; she felt like she hadn't eaten for days.

"Don't mind if I do." Tess soon followed, grabbing a couple of spring rolls. The motel food was so bad and Tess had never felt so hungry in her whole life.

"Gawsh." The middle aged woman said, sitting on the arm of the sofa where her husband was seated at. "Those lil girls are so hungwy. I think they need a feast."

"They sure do." Her husband agreed with her.

Liz grabbed a chicken nugget and a spring roll, she did a little silent prayer before eating and hoped that the snacks were not laced with poison or anything. She was only convinced that they were poison free after she swallowed them and felt fine.

"Girls, you make yourselves at home." The woman said and got off the sofa arm. "I'll check on the dinner."

Again they were left with Vanessa's father who just stared at them, making them feel awkward.

"So, any of you girls enjoy any sports?"

After dinner, Vanessa gave them a tour of the house and showed them to her bedroom which had a super sized king bed that was large enough to occupy at least five people.

"Nice room." Tess commented, checking out the bedroom. It was white with zebra striped wall and a matching bed sheet set. Isabel had scanned one side of the room and then looked towards the door.

A short teenage boy was staring at them and saw Isabel. "Hello." Isabel waved at the boy politely.

Vanessa turned her attention to the doorway and smiled at her little brother. "Say hi Nicholas."

He shook his head and dashed off, Vanessa laughed. "He's never like this." She shut the door and then warned the girls. "He's on their side so don't be surprised."

"How old is he?" Liz asked, she had noticed how short the boy was and assumed he was fifteen; but then again, she could be wrong.

"Eighty." Vanessa honestly replied. "That isn't his body, it's just a husk because skins...they can lose their original body and take form in another."

"How?" Isabel wondered how it was possible for one soul to move to another body. She had often wondered how her soul was put into this new body of hers.

"With Antarians' it's different. You guys can only have your own body. If you die, the same body is created; you can go back to being a child or stay the same age your age. Of course, Antarians don't age like humans. Especially for girls, we stay young longer." Vanessa explained. "For skins, both male and females have fifty years to live. They can then build husks and push their soul into those husks. Their lifespan is way shorter then Antarians who can live forever if they want. Kivar just wants to kill us all and make the skins, the perfect race."

"Which isn't going to happen." Tess chimed in.

"Did he kill before?" Isabel felt like there was something bad about Nicholas.

Vanessa nodded. "I believe he killed one of the royal four."
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 16/2/10 Chpt 16 p.11

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb.

Ellie
Eve
Zaneri

Tequathisy- Damn, your username is hard to remember and say. :lol:
Timelord
Carolyn
Carrie
MaxandLizforever

A/N: I will be using some lines from the Episode "Harvest." Some scenes may also be similar to the show.

Chapter Sixteen

Michael woke up.

He found himself in a tub of cold water. He must have dozed off to sleep while worrying about Maria. He couldn't get rid of that image in his mind, the picture of Maria's face filled with hurt and sadness. Just knowing he had caused it made him feel like shit.

She probably was defacing his face in their pictures together; he hadn't taken many with her but whatever reminded her of him would probably be thrown in the trash anyway. She thought he had slept with Courtney and he almost did. It was a moment of weakness but he was to blame.

Michael took a deep breath, sighing in defeat.

He dug his hand right into the water, spreading his fingers out to find the plug. He unplugged the tub and allowed the cold water to drain away. He stood up and showered.

Grabbing the towel after his quick shower, he dried himself and stepped out of the bath. Once he opened the door, he was surprised to see Courtney in his room; she was sitting on his bed. He wrapped the towel around his naked waist, covering his groin from her hungry eyes as she stared at him.

In his cold voice, he asked her, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Nicholas crushed the glass in his hand and his mother walked in the kitchen at that moment. "Why are they here?" Nicholas grunted, the very sight of Vilandra made him want to puke.

His mother looked offended as she paused in the middle of getting some clean bowls out from the cupboard. "Why sweetie? They're your sister's friends." She said innocently. "So what if she brought a couple of human friends?"

Nicholas scoffed and used his powers to break the broken glass into nothing. "Humans? Hardly. She's brought Vilandra and that stupid gerbil bitch here."

"She's also brought a human." His mother reminded him.

"Who probably knows everything." Nicholas rolled his eyes. "Honestly Mom, I think we should just take em out."

"You can't do that to your sister's friends Nicholas."

"Maybe you can't, but I can." Nicholas fumed, taking out his cell phone to check his text.

"Is it me or did I just have a weird feeling?" Tess asked as she looked out of the window. "I swear something's not right."

"We're in a house full of skins. Of course something's not right." Liz said, pacing up and down the room. It was almost midnight and the girls couldn't sleep yet. All three of them were worried about Vanessa's family turning against them.

"Girls, you need to get some sleep." Vanessa said, looking all sleepy as she lifted her head from the sofa she was sleeping on. "I'll protect you. I promise."

"I don't trust her." Tess said and shook her head. "You guys go to sleep; I'll be on the lookout."

Liz climbed into the king sized bed and Isabel followed. Tess sat on a chair and put the lamp off. "Tess?" Isabel called.

"Yes?"

"Wake me up in three hours and I'll take over. You need some sleep too."

"No." Michael pushed her back, his towel almost slipped off in the process. "This is your way of getting closer to me. Why should I trust you?"

"Michael, the more we argue about this..the more time we waste." Courtney hurried, yes she was extremely attracted to an almost naked Michael but lives were at stake here and she was more concerned about Vanessa's trip to Arizona.

"I thought you guys agreed with each other." Michael sneered, his hands fixing the towel around him.

"I did but they've changed the harvest. I just got off the phone with Nicholas. Things are different this time and if we don't act soon, they will die. Liz, Isabel and Tess will die." Courtney was so sure of herself, she knew there was no way that Vanessa would be able to protect them.

"Whose Nicholas?!" Michael demanded.

"He's not a friend." Courtney swallowed.

Maria had been unable to sleep that night. She kept thinking about Michael and Courtney together. He didn't cheat on her because they weren't together in the first place. He made it clear that he had wanted nothing to do with her. It was her fault, she kept coming after him like a grovelling dog, begging for him to take her sorry ass back; she should have seen it coming, an alien chick was more sexier then her to him. She was a lowly pathetic un-sexy human girl.

He obviously saw nothing in her.

He had a right to sleep with Courtney. He wanted to. Who was Maria to stop him? She just lay there, trying to explain Michael's actions...trying to defend him. It was okay really because she could never compare.

She just had to accept it and swallow that pill, no matter how big it was.

Deal with it, Maria. She begged herself to get over it. But she couldn't. It hurt like hell and she felt so mad at Michael for tossing her love for him to the curb while he did the dirty with Courtney.

It fucking hurt like hell.

She cried some more, wetting her pillow; drenching it with her warm salty tears. Why did Michael hurt her? Why? Why? Why?

It was then, she heard a tap on the window.

She hoped it was Liz but then remembered Liz had gone off with the others to Arizona.

She grabbed her pepper spray which was lying idle on the nightstand. Fear ate away at her heart as she slipped off her bed and crept towards the window.

Someone knocked at the window again and she pushed the curtains aside.

It was her worst nightmare.

It was Michael standing outside her window, but he wasn't alone.

Courtney stood next to him.

When it was finally morning, all four of them headed to the funeral of a family friend of Vanessa Whittaker's. Her name was Laurine Mayson and the whole neighbourhood went to pay their respects at the Universal Friendship league. Vanessa was looking worried then ever and was standing by the doors with the girls. "I don't get it. The Harvest was meant to be yesterday." Vanessa said.

"Maybe they will harvest today?" Liz guessed.

"I dunno." Shrugged Isabel. "Something's off."

As the people were passing through to get in, Isabel caught sight of Nicholas. "Oh guys I'll be back." She said quickly and left.

"Isabe-" Liz stopped, Isabel was nowhere in sight and it wasn't safe to split up. Liz looked at Vanessa. "She's not in danger is she?"

"She's powerful then Nicholas. She can handle him." Vanessa promised, she had felt the energy from Isabel and sensed that her puny brother was no match for the king's sister. She was happy that Isabel was a strong girl because Nicholas was very strong and he had killed a lot of humans and aliens before.

"She better be ok." Tess said. "If not, you're to blame." She gave Vanessa a stern look.

"I can't believe we're actually going to do this." Maria scoffed, looking at her former boyfriend who drove her Jetta again like he owned it, to Copper Summit. Courtney was sitting in the back, obviously pleased with herself. The bitch had convinced Michael that the girls would be in danger and needed a man to save them.

Maria had only given her consent because Liz and Isabel's lives were on the line. Otherwise, she hated the very sight of Michael Guerin.

Michael agreed and took Maria's Jetta with him, Maria had argued with him and told him wherever her Jetta went; she went so he let her tag along. Maria was just pissed that Michael was intending to take Courtney with him too.

"We're close." Courtney told him as they passed the Copper Summit sign.

"Shut up bitch." Maria rolled her eyes and covered her face.

This was going to be a nightmare.

Isabel followed Nicholas into the underground chamber and he was nowhere to be seen. "Nicholas?" Isabel had a bad feeling that he was going to hurt her but she was curious. She wanted to know who he was in her past. What connection did she have with him?

Looking at the human sized cylinders that contained husks in them, Isabel knew Nicholas had led her here on purpose. He had bad intentions but she would do anything to find out the story behind his eyes and kill him if she had to.

"Hello Vilandra." Nicholas suddenly appeared and threw her against the wall with his powers.

"Hello Nicholas." Isabel recovered and then threw a blast at him. Nicholas effortlessly threw the blast into the ground and smirked at her.

Isabel was back on her feet and the two of them glared at each other from across the room. "You were such a bitch." Nicholas was first to break the silence. "You enticed men; you slept with the granolith maker because you wanted to be queen. Then you double crossed Kivar....hmmm..." He nodded and bit his lip. "Or should I say, you betrayed your brother."

"I would never betray my brother." Isabel scoffed, clearly this skin had no idea how much she loved Max and Michael.

"Yeah you said that before." Nicholas laughed, he would use every tactic to divide and conquer. He had to split them up; it was the only chance to defeat the Royal four.

Isabel looked stunned for a moment but disregarded what Nicholas said. She knew in her heart she would never betray her brothers. Nicholas didn't know her, he was just a pathetic fool who served a dictator. She looked at the husks and remembered what Vanessa said.

"It's taken 20 years, nursing them from spores to maturity. Now, they're almost ready to harvest. Don't worry. You're safe here with us, Vilandra. " Nicholas told her, observing her and realising that she was curious about them. He could use that to his advantage.

"I'm Isabel you faggot!" She snapped her piercings eyes at him, glaring him at the way she used to. In the past life, she was just like this; fierce and bold. It attracted many men but barely anyone could stand the fire she'd ignite. She had killed him. That's why he hated her. He was like a moth and she was the light. She had been the death of him and he was going to get revenge.

"For the moment. But when I looked into your eyes, it was Vilandra who looked back."

"Piss off." Isabel laughed. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh I know what I'm talking about." Nicholas chuckled. "And I know you're coming back with us." He threw another blast at Isabel who moved out of the way in time.

"Don't worry, I'll get you bitch. I'll definitely get you."

"Let's just pay our respects, hunt down the harvest venue and destroy it." Vanessa whispered and lead the girls into the building. The camera men and crew were all present and stood at the back, already filming. Liz, Tess and Vanessa walked right up to the body of Laurine and looked at her.

"She looks so plastic." Liz commented, the body looked like it had been waxed. It was giving her the creeps. Curiosity took over and Liz touched the hand and because the skin was so fragile, it broke and Liz removed her fingers quickly. A small dent was left in the waxed hand revealed its interior.

Tess and Vanessa panicked with Liz who quickly used the flowers to cover the dent up. "Shit." Liz cursed under her breath; she wiped her fingers on her trouser and felt repulsed. Those trousers would need to be washed and bleached, so would her fingers.

Vanessa noticed that the audience were openly scratching themselves, their skin peeled off with each itch. "Shoot...they know." Vanessa felt stupid and realised she had brought the girls in utter danger. "Let's leave."

Liz and Tess also noticed the skins peeling off from the crowd and turned around with Vanessa. "Come on."

The three of them walked quietly towards the exit, the skins were giving them funny looks and grinned at them; the girls felt really uncomfortable and they just wanted to walk out uninjured.

It was then; the chief appeared at the front and opened his book. "We are gathered here today to remember our beloved sister Laurine Mayson..."He paused and looked at the dead body, removing the flowers; he saw the dent and then looked at the two girls and Vanessa who were trying to leave.

Chief Greer raised his hands and shut the doors, taking away the chance for the three of them to escape. "Leaving so soon?" His voice was cold and deadly as he pushed Liz, Tess and Vanessa on the ground.

"Urgh!" They moaned, their backs almost throbbing with an unimaginable pain as they fell on the floor.

Greer then used his powers to drag Vanessa closer towards the front. "Vanessa!" Liz cried, looking back in horror as she scrambled onto her feet. Tess quickly followed suit and they stood in shock.

As Vanessa got herself up from the floor, Greer sneered at her and everyone stood up. "You mustn't be in such a hurry to leave us. It appears our long search for the royal four has finally ended. How convenient of you to deliver yourselves to us." He sniggered, walking forward.

Vanessa kept her eyes on him and walked backwards, towards the girls. "She's not an alien. She's human. Let her go." Vanessa urged, gesturing towards Liz Parker.

Vanessa's mother was appalled by the truth about her adopted daughter and stood up, joining Greer. "She's a human who knows too much. It's a darn shame because she's awful cute."

"You must be Ava, the bride of the king." Greer told Tess.

Tess stepped up and with a smug smile, she replied. "That's right."

"You won't remember me, but I remember you. This is a moment I've waited for a long time." Greer laughed and raised his hand again to attack Tess and the other two.

Michael parked the car outside the husk factory and jumped out. Maria and Courtney followed him. "It's here." Courtney led them and they followed her underground where Nicholas was attacking Isabel.

"Hey!" Michael's energy sizzled and he threw an energy ball at Nicholas, sending him flying back.

Isabel ran towards Maria who led her out on Michael's orders. "Ah...I see. The second-in- command."
Nicholas picked himself up and cracked his neck. "I've killed you before, I'll kill you again." He turned around and threw a blast at Michael.

Just as Greer tried to harm with, Liz threw her arms over her face to protect herself and then heard a loud humming noise. She put her arms down slowly and noticed that Vanessa was floating in the air. Opening her lips, Vanessa started to speak in a foreign language.

All of the skins looked up at her, stunned and still. "What's happening? What's going on?" Liz asked Tess who was just as shocked as she was.
"I think she's chanting a spell to stun them or something." Tess said, she wasn't that good at her knowledge of Antarian Wizardry but she knew that Vanessa was using an ancient witches spell.

Vanessa moaned as her mother, Ida broke out of the stun and thrusted herself into Tess's mind. Tess screamed in pain and held her head.

Liz stopped Tess from falling and tried to see if she was okay. "Tess! Look at me!" Liz shook the screaming girl. Tess's eyes were shut and she was screaming so loud that the glass shuddered as if they were gunna collapse.

Liz glanced at the skins and saw some of them breaking out of the stun that Vanessa was trying to hard to keep up with. Greer was next and he smirked at Liz, wanting to break into her mind next.

Liz shook her head, hoping he wouldn't do the same.

Nicholas groaned as Michael sucked the energy out of him. "Are you getting tired?" Michael asked with sarcasm. This whole new energy that he pulled out from Nicholas was powering him up.

He felt so powerful that he could snap Nicholas in half. He was very tempted to. "I've killed you before you bastard." Nicholas moaned, feeling each inch of energy drain from him and go into Michael. "I can kill you again."

"I don't think so." Michael yawned, feeling more alert then ever.

Courtney grabbed a piece of pole and smashed the blue crystal that gave the energy to feed the husks.

"No!" Nicholas screamed and Michael released him. A hiss of steam escaped from the destroyed crystal and each husk were demolished one by one.

"Let's go!" Courtney yelled, already making a run for the exit. Michael stopped by Courtney's husk and stared at it.

While Nicholas was writing on the floor with pain, Michael was thinking. Should he?

Courtney was going to die.

Liz held a screaming Tess in her arms and Vanessa was jerking in mid air, her powers were low and she fell to the ground with a thud. The skins were now very agitated and were ready to kill them all.

"You betrayed us all." Ida scoffed, feeling regret that she had to kill her own daughter.

But before any one of them could obliterate them, they held their hands to their heads and screamed in pain. The hold on Tess' mind was gone and she stopped screaming. "Let's go." Vanessa said, barely recovering but after helping herself up, she helped the girls up and opened the doors.

They ran out and met Michael, Maria, Isabel and Courtney outside. "What are you guys doing here?" Tess asked.

"There's no time, let's just go!" Isabel opened the door to the Jetta and climbed in.

Liz and Tess jumped into the backseat of Vanessa's car who got in the drivers seat and started the engine. Michael opened the boot and Courtney noticed what he was doing.

"Thank you." She smiled at him before getting in.

Maria shook her head in disgust and got in the passenger seat and Michael jumped in the drivers seat shortly. "Let's go." Isabel snapped her fingers, wanting Michael to driver them out of there as quick as he could.

The two cars drove off leaving a group of weak skins emerging out of the building.

"We may be as good as dead." Nicholas joined them. "But we will have our revenge."

He wasn't finished with either of them.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 23/2/10 Chpt 17 p.12

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback

Carolyn
Ellie
Eve
Ginger
Zaneri
Timelord

A/N: Some lines may be used from the episode Wipeout. And please please please please forgive me because this part is un betad. My friend is AWOL atm. I blame it on Twilight. :lol:

A/N 2: I should warn you, there are a couple of small disturbing scenes in here. It was very hard to write them.

Chapter 17

*One Week Later*
Tess rubbed her head, feeling a little migraine coming on after mind warping not only Mr Seligman but every single teacher that Max had. On the request of Isabel, she had made them believe he was in class and had been doing so at the start of school. It was a minor thing but now it was proving to be a bit difficult. Max's mother, Dianne was the hardest to mind warp; Tess was careful not to push that hard but she had made the woman believe Max had come back and was staying with one of his friends.

"Are you okay?" Kyle asked, feeling Tess tense up as they walked out of their History class together.

"Y-yeah." Tess moaned, squeezing her eyes shut and Kyle led her to the storage room for more privacy. He shut the door and locked it, Tess sat on the table and massaged her forehead. "Mind warping is so difficult these days!"

Kyle swallowed, standing closer to the door. "Yeah I heard. You have to cover for Max right." He scratched his head.

Tess nodded. "It's very hard to keep doing it everyday. It takes up a lot of energy; no matter how hard you've trained for it or how long. It's exhausting." She released her breath; slouching her posture. "It feels like someone shot me in the head or something."

Kyle took a few step towards her and reached for her forehead. "May I?" He asked cautiously, he didn't want to be overstepping on some boundaries here.

Tess nodded and allowed him to touch her. They had a weird friendship. She couldn't help but notice that one minute they were all over each other with their jokes and the next, they had these awkward moments and were too scared to make a move. She had never experienced any of those feelings before.

Nasedo had told her that these sort of feelings had no meaning at all and were a waste of time. She was starting to doubt his words about that but he had been her idol for many years; it was hard for her to just turn away from his teachings. She owed it to him to follow his footsteps.

But she allowed Kyle to massage her head, it felt nice. No one offered to do that to her before. Not even Nasedo himself. It was very surprising to actually have Nasedo show her some affection recently. Before everything, he had barely given her the time of the day and when he had, it was for training.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyle asked, noticing that Tess was in her mind again. He just knew by staring at her eyes that she was deep in her thoughts.

"About my life." She yawned. "How shit and boring it is."

Kyle chuckled. "You don't mean that." He swept a few stands of her blonde hair back while he continued to massage her forehead.

"That's so good." She closed her eyes, focusing on the pain going away. "Keep doing it." Right now, she didn't want to think, she wanted to feel.

"Ok." Kyle was chuffed and continued massaging her.

Isabel moaned underneath Alex who drove harder into her, with the final thrust both of them cried out in ecstasy and then Alex pulled out before lying down beside Isabel on the bed.

"Wow." She purred dreamily as Alex covered their naked bodies with the sheet. "A romantic getaway is the best thing ever. If I knew..." Isabel rolled onto her side and traced Alex's nipple with one finger. "If I knew you were so great in bed, I would have made you my love slave months ago." She leaned closer to nibble on his ear.

After what happened in Arizona, Isabel had become a little depressed again and Alex had taken her to Santa Fe to loosen up and enjoy her little vacation which ended up in a series of steamy hot romps in a three star hotel. So far, it was working. Isabel had thought less about Nicholas who they all assumed was dead by now and more about her and Alex.

Alex brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. He chuckled at what his girlfriend said. "Yeah, but you'd better keep me on a short lease because I go wild baby." Alex felt himself stir to life again as he remembered how hard and rough their lovemaking was. Isabel and he could go on for hours and both of them still would have more energy left.

She had turned him into a complete sex fiend and he loved it.

"Hmmm yeah." Isabel buried her nose in to the pillow behind Alex's head. "I really wanna carry on like this but we gotta go home. We've missed so many school days already."

"Yeah." Alex agreed, not wanting to go back to Roswell at all.

"Fuckin' bastard." Maria muttered, rejecting another call from Michael. She had taken the call before, believing it was some alien mission but now Michael was being annoying. He wanted to talk and it made her want to puke her guts out. After using her so many times, he had not felt ashamed.

"Don't let him get to you." Liz said while keeping control of the driving. Maria had wanted to talk and Liz had offered to go on a long drive with her so they could catch up and get away from the alien stuff for a while. Liz was very upset and disappointed to learn that Michael had hurt Maria; it had been a week since the Arizona trip and he was still close to that Courtney.

"He slept with the ho and now he wants to have a try with me." Maria scoffed, unable to fight back those tears that always kept coming to the surface when she thought about Michael and Courtney. He hadn't talked to her about that because she wouldn't let him and the only time they spent together after that awful incident when he had forced his way into her car with Courtney to save Isabel, Liz and Tess. She had let him do that but she promised herself if it only concerned the lives of the people she cared about then she would let him stand in front of her sight otherwise she hated the very sight of him.

"I...think Michael really regrets it." Liz said, she didn't know him like an open book but she did know that only Maria could break his walls down. Courtney was just a slut hanging around, she was like Tess but then Tess had seemed to get over the whole destiny thing and move on to Kyle. She wished the same could happen in the Courtney case and then Maria could be happy with Michael.

"Liz, stop defending him. What would you do if Max slept with Tess and treated you like a doormat?" Maria challenged.

"He would never do that to me in the first place." Liz said, she felt guilty for spewing out the truth but it was true. Every fibre of her being knew that Max may have his faults but he could never ever do such a thing to her, to them.

"Rub it in my face why don't you?" Maria scoffed, staring out of the window.

"I wasn't-." Liz protested. "I'm sorry okay. I wish Michael would be like Max a little for you but you fell in love in love with Michael, Maria. Would you be able to love someone else instead of Michael?"

"I wish." Maria shook her head. "But I'm so gunna get over that bastard. Wait till I get laid by a even hotter guy. That'll teach him." Maria wiped her tears away.

Liz looked ahead and then hit the brakes. Both the girls nearly fell out through the windshield.

"Oh my god!"

"I hate my life." Nicholas muttered, stepping off the coach first. The humid sweaty heat of Roswell had crawled it's way into the stuffy coach, making their skins peel off faster then the speed of a roadrunner. Nicholas could smell all of their sweat on his shedding skin and it wasn't a pretty sight.

He had this desperate urge to throw himself in icy cold water. The heat in Roswell was much worse then in Arizona. "How could anyone live here?" He took off his shades, taking a look at the small town that his enemies had taken refuge in.

He felt amused at this fact. "Four little aliens are actually hiding in alien central. How ironic." He snorted. "Out of all the places, they chose this place."

His mother Ida was the next to walk out of the coach. "They were reborn here, it's all they know." She announced, wiping the sweat off her hands with her handkerchief.

"Well they're gunna die here." Nicholas announced, cracking his neck. "I'll make sure of it."

"Courtney...what are you doing here?" Michael groaned as he opened his apartment door.

She hadn't bothered him for a week and now she just happened to show up; whatever it was, Michael knew it was bad news. "Why can't you just leave me alone?" He asked, still holding the door open for her.

Courtney said nothing and walked in. She pushed Michael out of the way and locked the door.

"What the-" Michael protested but Courtney placed her hand over his mouth.

"Shhhhh, they're everywhere." She hissed; carefully scanning the windows with her eyes. "Skins. They're here and they're not happy." She shared a small moment with him, she enjoyed his hot breath on her palm but he was glaring at her; so she let go and walked to the window to make sure the curtains were closed properly.

"I have saved your body Courtney, I did that for you. Why can't you just leave me alone and let me get on with my life?" He demanded, ignoring her words.

"Can't you see!" She spun around, glaring at him back. "You're too up your ass to even notice what's going out there!" Courtney pointed towards the window. "I have risked my fucking life to get here and warn you and all you can do is remind me of saving my husk?"

"A deal's a deal Courtney." Michael reminded her. "You can't be anywhere around me."

"I'm around you at work." She softened her tone, feeling herself respond to her pun intended words.

"Stop making sexual innuendo's." Michael folded his arms. "It's not sexy coming from you." Michael halted and felt awkward at his own words.

Courtney grinned. "What's the matter sugar boy? Pun got your tongue?" She licked her lips.

"Fucking fuck off." Michael's tone was full of disgust.

"I'd love to." She winked and he moved towards the door.

"Don't!" She hissed and in a light bolt she was by the door, slamming it shut with her body as soon as Michael opened it. "They will come here!" She whispered.

Michael grabbed her arm. "I've had it with you, you're just a slut." He opened the door again and hauled her out. "Don't come knocking again!" He warned and slammed the door in her face.

At that very moment, the phone rang and he answered it with disdain. "What!?"

His face fell.

When Michael had fallen sick. She was scared. When Tess came into town, she was scared but now when she was creeping around this ghost town with Maria-wondering what the hell happened, she was mortified.

Liz pulled herself together and held on to Maria's hand as they moved silently through the streets of Roswell. She felt naked-exposed to whoever was watching them. Here they were, two vulnerable girls at the mercy of an unknown enemy. None of the girls knew what had happened until they stumbled across a piece of skin lying idle on the ground.

Maria took it in her hands and it turned to dust. She looked at Liz.

"Skins." Liz whispered with wide eyes.

Kyle and Jim were singing along to the music as they drove back into Roswell. When Jim noticed the welcome sign and the green rod that was stuck in it, he slowed down. "What is that?"

Kyle looked out and laughed. "Some horny rednecks." He shrugged.

Jim stopped his car by the side and called for backup. No one responded and he repeated until he gave up. He knew that something was wrong. He could feel it.

"I have a very bad feeling....."

"What is it dad?" Kyle looked worried now, when his father was anxious, it usually had bad news waiting to happen if it hadn't already.

"Something's not right.." Jim announced, pulling his car back onto the road and drove ahead to Roswell.

The group minus Maria and Liz were already at the Crashdown; Courtney was standing too close for Michael's comfort and Isabel had been appalled to find her hometown in such a state. Alex had his arm around her while Jim paced up and down. "I'm just not sure what to pinpoint this situation too. Mass invasion or something playing with minds?" He rubbed his chin.

Tess closed the tap to stop the drink from over pouring. "It's probably skins. They're mad at us because we killed their harvest."

"They want revenge." Kyle concluded.

Tess shone her piercing eyes at Courtney. "You'd better be on our side." She warned.

Vanessa flinched in the booth behind them all and groaned. "Oh god...it's coming." She felt her weakness arise. "I need those pills now." She told Courtney who had a packet of Antarian sedatives with her.

"Here." Courtney popped some pills onto her hand and handed them to Vanessa.

Vanessa took them and drank the water that was sitting in a glass before her. She fell asleep on the booth and Michael sniggered.

"That better hold her down." Tess said.

"I wonder where Liz and Maria are." Alex said out loud.

As soon as those words left his mouth, the two girls entered the Crashdown; A look of relief passed over their faces. Maria thrust herself into Alex's waiting arms and Liz hugged Isabel who was standing right next to Alex.

"Oh my god..." Isabel squeezed Liz against her. "Thank god you guys are okay." She said, going on to hug Maria.

"It's a ghost town out there." Liz remarked, hugging Alex now.

"Do you know whose behind this?" Kyle asked, it was worth a shot to ask.

"Skins." Maria answered. "We found a piece of skin. They're here."

"What are we gunna do?" Jim asked, he had ran out of options. If the skins had invaded Roswell, wiping out every human apart from them-then they stood no chance against them. He hated it when he couldn't protect people, it was his job to do so and lately he had been failing at that.

"Well I heard that the UFO centre was a former bomb shelter so that might help." Michael suggested with a shrug.

"That's a good idea." Courtney agreed. "We could go there."

"Yeah." Kyle nodded. "I think we should go there."

"Shit." Tess stared out of the window; she could see Nicholas and Ida marching towards here. "They're heading this way!"

"Quick!" Liz pointed towards the washroom. "In the washroom."

Jim and Michael grabbed Vanessa and followed the others into the washroom. They shut the door once everyone was in and Jim moved to the back with Michael as they settled Vanessa down on the floor.

Nicholas and Ida had reached the Crashdown. They opened the doors and walked in.

"Mind warp them Tess." Isabel ordered and Tess closed her eyes. She made Nicholas and Ida see a mirror and a wall where the door was supposed to be.

"I'll check upstairs." Ida said and left her son to check the ground floor.

Not bothering to look behind the counter, Nicholas sat at the counter and grabbed a pancake to shove it in his mouth. He grabbed the shake next to the plate of strawberry pancakes and gulped it down. He wiped the cream off his lips with the back of his hand.

"Mmm, I haven't had decent food in years." His mother's cooking was absolute rubbish. She couldn't cook to save her life.

Nicholas smelt something in the air and grinned. He knew Antarian medicine. He had been using it his whole life. His growth deficiency had rendered him to the mercy of Antarian drugs. He knew they were here. His stupid big sister and her group of human and Antarians were right here a minute ago.

"I don't wanna die like Elvis." Maria moaned quietly as she sniffed cedar oil.

Michael shushed her and they all heard the knock when Nicholas tapped on the supposed mirror. Isabel forgot how to breathe and Liz's heart was slamming wildly in her ribcage. Kyle's palms were getting sweaty and Michael tensed.

Nicholas looked at the mirror stunned. His skin was peeling. Again.

He was about to pick at it but his mother appeared and smacked his hand. "You should have been looking for them." She snapped. "You're so pathetic!"

"Shut up ma." Nicholas dismissed.

Ida scoffed and brushed past her son. "Stupid Roswell. It would have been better if they crashed in Kansas."

Nicholas laughed and then proceeded to join his mother. It was then he realised something and turned back. Marching towards the mirror, he banged his fist against it repeatedly. His mother halted and spun around with a huge smile.

"Well done my son."

Behind the wall, Maria shrieked and Tess lost her focus on the mind warp. Nicholas tore the door open and grabbed Tess by the throat. By now, some of them were screaming and Jim was shouting over them. Tess was hauled to the floor with Nicholas straddling her. He fondled her breasts and puckered his lips.

"We had great sex before." He wiggled his eyebrows, tightening his grip on her neck.

Michael ran out with Alex and they were thrown back by Ida's blast who was waiting for them. Nicholas was close to strangling her to death until Nasedo barged in, colliding with Ida in one swift moment-killing her. She turned to dust right before Nicholas's eyes.

"No Maaaaa!" He let go of Tess and screamed.

Tess coughed and Kyle ran to her, pulling her into his arms. She spluttered. Nicholas charged at Nasedo and the two ended up on the floor. Nasedo had the upper hand by pinning him to the ground but somehow Nicholas managed to wiggle out from beneath Nasedo and escape the Crashdown. Nasedo cursed and went to see if his Tess was okay.

Liz and Maria carefully left the washroom once they were sure they were safe. Alex helped Michael up and they both were stunned at the power that Nicholas had. Courtney had been right; Michael noticed her still standing in the washroom, taking care of a sleeping Vanessa.

"Is she ok?" Liz asked.

Tess felt hot tears sting her eyes and Kyle's finger tips massage her sore neck. She nodded and coughed. Nasedo pushed Kyle away from Tess and he hoisted her up. "Suck it up. Be a true Antarian." He shook his daughter, embarrassed that humans were seeing how weak his daughter really was.

"Hey." Jim protested, seeing that Tess was in pain.

Nasedo shot him a deadly look. "Don't interfere."

Alex held Jim back and shook his head. Jim calmed down and Kyle joined his father. "I suppose we're going to the UFO centre now?"

They had gone to the UFO centre to work things out. It was concluded that the green rod was the source of all their troubles. Nasedo had explained to them about the whole thing. He had made it his priority to save Tess, she was the queen of Antar and her life was more important then any of theirs, which was why he was with them right now.

He wasn't surprised to see Vanessa and Courtney here too. He didn't pay much attention to them anyway.

"So we destroy that rod thingy and then someone needs to take out the skins." Kyle said.

"We take out the skins." Michael intercepted. "We have the powers."

"So how do we destroy the rod.....if it's not human...." Liz asked.

"Use car cables." Nasedo said smoothly. "It should work just fine."

"Ok." Maria nodded. "Liz, Alex, Kyle. You guys are coming with me. I need all the protection and help I can get."

"I'm coming too." Jim said. "I'm the best protection available to you."

"Right so that leaves me, Isabel and Tess and Nasedo to fight the skins." Michael said.

"I'll stay here with Vanessa." Courtney piped in. "She needs me."

"Let's get to it then."

Isabel, Michael, Tess and Nasedo paraded round the town knowing that any skin that was around would follow them. Eventually they had led as much skins as they could in the school. Nasedo prepared them for attack and they each found themselves battling a skin. Skin after skin emerged. Nasedo was the strongest one, Michael was starting to lose, then Isabel and finally Tess as Nasedo disappeared among the skins.

"Nasedo!" Michael cried, trying to fend off the skin who was tying his hands up right now. "Fucking let us go." He literally spat at the girl's face.

She laughed and wiped his saliva off. "Looks like your protector left for good."

Nicholas appeared and Isabel laughed. "Why am I not surprised to see you again?"

All three of them were tied down to the chairs. With Nasedo nowhere in sight, they assumed that this was the day of the Skins.

Maria drove frantically, avoiding each car that was in her way. Once she reached the billboard with difficulty, they all left her car and began working together to get the equipment out. Liz and Maria got up with the help of Alex onto the platform. With the cables in their hands, they placed it over the rod. The guys stood by for protection and when a skin ran towards them, Kyle had knocked him over and broke the seal with a wrench.

The skin died.

"Good one son." His father applauded him.

Kyle smiled.

This was definitely easier then it looked.

"Now, a piece of history. Vilandra...you were always a gold digger. Ava...you were everyone's whore. Even my dad had a ride from you and Rath...well what can I say. You were Zan's bitch. All three of you were pathetic. It was just your leader...your Zan that had brains. Now he's abandoned you, you guys have no chance of survival." He neared Tess, bent down and poked her breast.

She whimpered as he licked her nipple through the material of her top. He bit her nipple gently and sucked. "I always loved your tits by the way Ava. So did Kivar." He winked, finally releasing her.

Michael grunted in anger and roared. "How dare you! You sick fuck!" He was so disgusted at what just happened. He felt sorry for Tess.

Nicholas grinned and then bit harder on Tess' nipple. She cried out in pain and Isabel yelled curses at Nicholas. "Ooh.." Nicholas said, leaving her boob and standing up straight again. "That's bound to leave a hickey."

Tess felt raw tears leave her eyes as her nipple stung. Isabel was red hot angry, she began to use all sorts of curses to insult Nicholas. She was so mad that she called him so many words that she hadn't expected him to punch her face. Her lip was bleeding and Michael was shouting at Nicholas to come to him now.

"You fuck off you slut." Nicholas punched her in the stomach. "I know you've been fucking that human geek. His scent is all over you." Nicholas gagged.

He smacked her hard across the face. Isabel was mad.

"I'm tired of playing this game." He yawned. "It's time I kill you one by one, I'd fuck you first." He winked at Tess. "Gee, I always love me a virgin."

"You lay one hand on her you're dead." Michael warned. "Don't you dare bitch. Don't you da-arghhhhH!" Michael along with Tess and Isabel shut their eyes and shook in pain.

Nicholas invaded their minds and induced them with a massive dose of pain that they felt like their brains were shoved in washing machines. Tess was affected the most because of the pressure Nicholas was putting on her. He always had a thing for her being in pain; she could feel his thoughts as he tore through her memories.

"Hmmm which one should I mind rape first?" He wondered and then chose Michael.

Isabel felt the device hum, on her right; she saw a hexagon device flashing on the wall. That's why their powers had stopped working.

Nicholas blocked it.

As Michael screamed, Isabel felt her heart stop.

Nicholas had got into his mind.

"Hurry!" Alex said, feeling an acidic churning in his stomach. He could literally feel the trepidation from Isabel and his heart was pounding in his chest. He thought he was going to have a fit.

We're trying!" Maria groaned, standing on her tip toes as she tried her best to reach the rod. Liz was trying her utmost too. It was just that they weren't tall enough.

Alex groaned and decided to get up on the platform instead.

Courtney screamed as he thrust back in to her. She hadn't counted on Nicholas' father sneaking in here. Vanessa was lying on the floor a few feet away from them, the pills were working and she wasn't going to wake up until three minutes later.

Courtney tried her best to get him out of her but he kept surging in her. He was laughing as he held her numb legs apart. "You like that don't you?" He snickered. "I've always wondered what it would be like to fuck you and now I'm doing it."

She didn't feel anything. No pain. No tears.

Just hatred as he raped her.

"I will never tell you anything about them or the granolith."

Reaching for her seal, she cursed him and killed herself.

"Bitch." He muttered when he thrust into thin air.

Courtney was gone.

What he didn't expect was Vanessa to be awake and for her to kick him right where his seal was.

"Goodbye motherfucker!"

Nicholas watched in glee. Memories belonging to Michael surged through his eyes. He saw him hatch out of the pod; he felt Michael's fear and he saw him run away from Max and Isabel. He saw Michael sick and he saw Michael's love for his friends. He saw Michael's love for Maria, images of Maria now started to pour through Nicholas' head and it made him sick.

He hated love.

"NO no no!" Nicholas let go and screamed when his head throbbed, it felt like it was on fire and then he literally was on fire.

Tess screamed in anger and all of them were consumed in fire. Nasedo returned and punched Nicholas's seal. As the blaze ended, pieces of skin floated in the air.

Tess looked at Nasedo.

With success, Liz and Maria slid the cable over the rod and Alex moved back. Both girls fell and were caught by Alex and Kyle as the rod sparked.

"I think we did it!"

"Get down!"

Jim threw them on the floor and covered them with his body at the board exploded.

Nasedo untied Tess first who then untied Isabel and Michael. They stood together, Isabel hugged Tess and asked if she was okay. Michael stood still, stunned. Nasedo moved towards the device and turned it off. He grabbed it off the wall and broke it in half with his bare hands.

"There we go." He smiled. "Back to normal again."

"Where did you go?" Michael asked, piercing his eyes at Nasedo. "You left us."

If I had stayed...we all would have died." Nasedo said and held up the broken pieces of the device. "This affects me too you know."

"He's right." Tess defended her father.

Isabel was about to say something but stopped. They heard the bell ring and students walked out of their classes as usual.

"Yep, we're back to normal." Tess said.

Later that night, everyone was still coming to terms with the whole ordeal. The humans were affected the most it turned out, they had been worried sick about their family while Isabel had much more questions then she did and Michael was busy thinking about Courtney's death and Maria.

Tess lay in bed alone, she was happy to be back at home with the Valenti's.

"This is normal." She told herself as she rolled on to her side.

Her living here with Jim and Kyle...nothing or no one could ever take that away.

She closed her eyes and tried to sleep but someone knocked on the window.

Dragging herself off the bed, she put the light on and opened the curtains.

"Dad!" When she saw her injured father, she opened the window and he fell in. Nasedo collapsed in his daughter's arms, with blood all over his chest and face.

"Daddy!" Tess sobbing, pressing her palm onto his bloody chest. If only she had the healing power! Oh god!

"They're...here....stronger...angrier...." He croaked in his daughter's arms. "They're here." He rasped, his breath shallow.

"Nooooo daddy please!" Tess cried.

The door was ripped open and Kyle ran in followed by his father.

"What happened?!"

There in Tess' arms, lay the body of Nasedo.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 25/2/10 Chpt 18 p.13

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the fb my lovlies. :D
Chapter Eighteen

Tess, Michael and Isabel stood in the pod chamber with healing stones in their hands. Nasedo's body lay at their feet, lifeless.

"Why isn't this working?" Tess demanded, her eyes now watering of fear.

Isabel felt their energies reject merging with the stone. As she looked at Nasedo, she closed her eyes.

"Tess I think he's really dead."

Tess' lip quivered. For a moment there, Michael thought she was going to cry.

But she didn't.

"He can't die." Tess refuted. Nasedo had always told her that it was impossible for him to die. She couldn't believe her own eyes. He couldn't be really dead could he?

"Oh fuck!" Michael hissed, jumping back as Nasedo's body turned to dust.

Tess and Isabel looked at the pile of dust where Nasedo body used to be. Tess gasped and muffled her cries. Isabel pulled her into her arms. "I'm so sorry Tess. I'm so sorry." Isabel said, stroking the frightened girl.

"I can't believe how much junk I have." Liz said, stuffing some more old clothes into a cardboard box. "Seriously, I don't even wear these anymore." She held up an old chequered shirt that she wore last year when she first talked to Max about his abilities.

She remembered that moment but had forgotten about the shirt.

"Chica, since this alien thing's been going on.." Maria stopped sipping on her milkshake and looked up at Liz while she sat on the bed. "You've dolled yourself up more." Maria winked. "I wonder what the reason is. Max?"

Liz tossed her shirt at Maria's face and grinned. "You know he's always liked me the way I am. Even in a cupcake dress!" She giggled, laughing at the memory when Max couldn't stop grinning that night about that memory.

"Ahhh good times." Liz hadn't meant to say that out loud as she looked dreamy.

"Good stuff." Maria grinned, carefully settling the shirt beside her.

"Anyway, I'm gunna drop these at that charity shop. You coming or staying?"

"I'll come with." Maria said, rising off the bed. "Besides, you got a car now. We don't need my Jetta anymore."

Dianne rubbed her husband's forehead as soon as they finished dinner. Phillip was hoping to make love to his wife but instead his head was throbbing like mad. Dianne made it her first priority to massage the pain away and now she was starting to get a slight headache too.

"I think we both need some aspirin." Dianne moaned in pain, clutching her head. It was fluctuating. It had been happening for a week now and sometimes she'd get Déjà vu. Phillip had reported the same too and said his friend at work was also having these on and off headaches.

Dianna walked to the kitchen, leaving her husband alone in their bedroom. Opening the cupboard, she rummaged through the stuff and finally found the aspirin.

On shaky legs, she barely could support herself and saw herself falling to the floor with her quiche in her hands.

After that, she didn't exist anymore.

"Phillip!"

Tess wanted to be left alone that day. She ran away from Isabel and Michael and locked herself in her room. She didn't say hi to Jim or Kyle who were informed of Nasedo's death.

Tess could hear them outside her door. She held her breath in fury.

"I didn't like that alien but he was Tess' guardian. She'd known him all her life and now he's gone." Jim looked solemn. "I don't know if she'll ever be able to get over this."

"It was really bad." Michael's own voice revealed that he was disturbed too.

"Shut up." Kyle scoffed. "That Martian was evil. I don't think we have much to cry about. He was barely around anyway."

"Kyle..." Isabel said but didn't continue. She felt the same. None of them were close to Nasedo, Michael had been but his feelings of Nasedo were off pure obligation. Otherwise Michael thought that he was a complete psychotic killer.

"Well anyway Tess is here for good. I'm gunna be her legal guardian till she turns 18." Jim said.

"We don't know how old she is. Or how we are." Michael said. "Maybe she should come and stay with me?"

"No, she stays here." Kyle intercepted. "This is her home now. She doesn't need anyone else. She never did." What Kyle was trying to imply to them that he wanted Tess here. She made this house into a home and he'd be damned if anyone tried to take her away.

Tess ripped the door open and screamed. "How dare you guys play around with my future!" After months of frustration, she was finally able to let it out. She gave them a quick glance, they all looked horrified.

She slammed the door shut and bawled her eyes out.

Who was she now?

"Why are we here?" Maria asked as Liz pulled up at the pod chamber. "Didn't that Nasedo ahem...die there?" She heard the news from Liz who had called up Isabel.

The news wasn't devastating but she felt bad for the aliens. Nasedo was the only experienced alien they knew and now they lost him. They all were back on ground zero. They had nothing apart from a big mess on their hands especially when Max was also out of the picture.

Liz unfastened her seatbelt. "I've been doing some alien work and it only makes sense." Liz said, sitting still in her seat. "Grant's real death, the skins....and the Gandarium. It's all connected some how."

Little as she knew, Maria was really confused. "What?"

"The skins need the Gandarium Maria." Liz explained. "It's their bible and their energy source while it's like kryptonite for the rest of us. Courtney said that the Gandarium was used to aid the harvest which makes the skins stronger then Antarians- Grant was planted here. He didn't just arrive. Nasedo said something about setting off the signal from the orbs. They knew." Liz whispered. "They were gunna come here anyway. I'm just glad we knew where they were hiding and what their plans were."

"Oh my god. Grant was planted here?" Maria looked shocked. "Now I understand....the skins-"

"Not all of them knew about it." Liz told her. "Only a few. Nicholas obviously had no idea but why would they go after us if they didn't inform the members of the universal friendship league?"

Maria shrugged. "Beats me."

"Well there's only one reasonable explanation." Liz said.

Maria raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Nasedo's behind it." Liz answered with full certainty.

Isabel returned home and found the house empty. Her mother wasn't there to greet her as usual and when she heard her father call her from their bedroom, Isabel came running and almost shrieked.

Her mother was lying on the bed, all sweaty and pale. Her chest rose up and down. Phillip was on the floor, struggling to breath himself. He had tried to call the ambulance but his fingers couldn't move. His arms were stiff.

Isabel helped her father on the bed and wished Max was here. "What happened?" She cried.

"Your mother and I seem to have a bad flu." Phillip sneezed.

Isabel remembered about their constant headaches which happened for a week now; it wasn't due to Tess' mind warps as she had earlier suspected but of the skin's throwing them into another dimension. Their bodies were suffering for a severe effect of jeg lag-the alien kind. Human bodies did not have alien nervous system and had to go under the influence of a severe flu to recover. They could even die in the process.

Vanessa had informed her of the awful facts. It wasn't just happening to her parents, Isabel noticed some people having similar symptoms around town.

So she took out two syringes from her pocket, filled with a herbal medicine. This would help them cope with the jet lag easier.

"Stay still." Isabel said and got the syringes ready.

Vanessa sat in her office; she made a toast for Courtney who died last week. Vanessa was sad to lose such a friend and an assistant, for what it was worth-Courtney was loyal. She made her promise and died for it. Her group were mourning for her loss. Vanessa felt responsible for not being able to save her.

She had helped her with a secret mission too. Vanessa didn't open the envelope but simply stared at it. It was Courtney's last package to her before she died. Vanessa didn't have the guts to open it because it would change everything for her.

"Thank you......" Vanessa whispered to Courtney's photo. "For finding my son."

Settling the glass of wine down, Vanessa finally tore off the package and pulled out a photo.

She gasped when she looked at it.

It was Michael's photo.

Liz and Maria stepped into the granolith chamber. "It smells like Nasedo's death in here." Maria scrunched her nose up and waved the smell away from her face.

"Here it is." Liz revealed the granolith to Maria. "I guess this is what they've been looking for. The one to give unlimited energy to Gandariums."

Liz had managed to get in the chamber by dusting the handprint and pressing it down using a sheet of paper in between her hand and the rock. It worked and she felt smug about it. Maria complimented her brains. Liz really was smart.

"We better make sure that no one else in particular finds out about this." Maria said, worrying what could happen if the granolith fell into the wrong hands.

What the girls didn't expect was to find Michael coming through the door.

"What the fuck is this?"

"Michael..." Maria and Liz looked like two thieves caught red handed. "What are you doing here?"

Michael returned to scoop the rest of Nasedo's remains in the urn. He hadn't been too pleased when he was nominated to clear up the mess. He was about to clean the rest of the ashes up but heard Liz and Maria's voice coming from behind the pods. He went to investigate and voila, he found them in a weird room.

No one had told him about this before.

"What is that?" Michael pointed at the granolith which stood behind Liz and Maria.

"It's uhhh..." Maria glanced at the granolith and looked back at Michael. "It's a fancy alien pillar. You know like a maypole." She sniggered, feeling stupid.

She was the worst liar ever. Even strangers could see right through her.

Micheal shook his head and walked past the girls, he had to see for himself. He tapped the machine and made his own assumption.

"Looks like a device to me."

"Well it is." Liz said. "I think it is."

"How long have you two known about this and how the fuck did you girls get in here without an alien?" He asked.

"Like a thief." Maria sniffed. "What don't look at me!" She remarked at Michael. "It was her idea." She pointed at Liz.

"Maria!" Liz hissed.

"What?" Maria shrugged. "He's giving me a dirty look."

"How long?" Michael repeated.

Liz looked back at him. "About a couple of weeks." Liz couldn't remember how far along it was, all she knew was that they needed to conceal the location of the granolith from the enemies.

Michael took a deep breath. "Isabel knew too...didn't she?"

He should have known.

"Thanks a lot Maria." Liz started the engine. "Now he knows."

"Hey, I was the one getting dirty looks from him. Don't blame me." Maria protested as she put on her own seatbelt.

Liz reversed and gave Maria one of her dirty looks. "I thought you didn't care about Michael anymore."

"I don't. I just wanted to take you down with me." She smiled and laughed.

Liz didn't laugh. "This is serious, now he's gunna have an argument with Isabel." She drove back onto the road.

"Why do you care?"

After giving them the shot, her parents stopped hurting and the lay in their sleep. Isabel put the blanket over them and released the tears. If Vanessa didn't help her, they would have died. She would know what it was like to lose someone you loved and that was the most painful feeling in the world.

Looking at the clock, she whispered.

"Where are you Max?"

When Liz returned home, she opened up her joural and looked at the mini chart she drew. So far she linked Grant with the skins, his death had been covered up by the skins but she left a question mark near the skins. She knew it wasn't Nicholas and his lot. It was a bunch of skins they'd never come across before.

Liz guessed that they were more dangerous then the universal friendship league, if they were...they'd have to be prepared.

Liz then thought about the other skins that were on their side like Courtney, she wondered if there were more skins that had different groups and how many of them there was.

She drew an arrow from Nasedo's name to the granolith. She renamed it saver and pressed her thumb harder on her pen as she tried to think. Why would Nasedo want the granolith? To go home? To hand it over to the skins so he might be rewarded? It was either the two of those or it could be the usual choice that suspects like him made, to become immortal and take over this world.

But what was more important was Tess' role in this. Apparently she had no idea what Nasedo was up to. What did Nasedo plan for her? To be with Max or with someone else? And most importantly, who was really behind Tess's kidnap?

Isabel lay in Alex's arms that evening, she needed all the support she could get and Alex came running to her.

They were in her bed, resting. "How are you parents?" Isabel asked.

"They're ok. They've passed the jet lag stage." Alex said. "They kind of recovered quick."

Isabel closed her eyes. "My parent's aren't coping well. I've given them five shots for a week."

"Vanessa said that they needed fourteen." Alex said. "My parents only needed seven by the looks of it."

Isabel sighed, she was worried shitless and looked like she was about to cry. "What am I gunna do?"

Alex couldn't answer that question as the windows opened and Michael threw himself in. "What the hell were you thinking?" Michael asked, shutting the windows behind him.

Alex got out of the bed, Michael was thankful that at least Alex was dressed. "Micheal...what's wrong?" Alex asked.

"The secret." He looked at Isabel. "That you kept with Liz, Maria and possibly Alex." He shot Alex a glare.

Isabel rolled out of bed and looked annoying. "Seriously Michael? With everything's that's been going on, you're worried about that?"

"Well if you're keeping things from me-things that I should know then yes. I am fucking worried about that." He raised his tone a little, causing Alex to jump at Isabel's defence.

"Whoa whoa whoa.." Alex stepped in between Isabel and Micheal. "Take it down a notch Mike."

"Fuck off you stupid nerd." Michael pushed Alex out of the way in an act of pure rage. He gave Isabel a menacing look as he cornered her by the wall. "I've had enough of you. You're just like your brother!" He seethed. "Why can't you just trust me?"

"Because you go off and do stupid things!" Isabel retorted.

Alex quickly recovered and spun around, He pulled Michael away from Isabel. "Stop upsetting her!"

Michael swung his fist and punched Alex in the face. "Stay out of this, it’s between aliens."

Isabel shrieked when Alex fell back on the floor after Michael punched him. She grabbed Michael around and slapped him hard across the face. "How dare you come in here and punch my boyfriend?"

"That's the problem these days. Everyone's living their own lives." Micheal scoffed, trying hard not to feel guilt as Isabel went to check if her boyfriend was ok.

His hand went to his throbbing cheek. He felt tears sting in his eyes.

Isabel helped Alex up who didn't feel that much pain. "I'm fine Isabel." Alex said. "He hasn't knocked any teeth out."

"I'm sorry." Micheal quietly said in a small tone, realising that they were right about him overreacting. He felt pathetic when Isabel had her back to him, fussing over Alex.

They didn't notice him climb back out of the window.

They didn't notice him run away.

He needed someone.

Maria.
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Faltered (CC, M/L, Adult) 4/5/10 Chpt 19 p.14

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, sorry that I've been away for so long. I've been really busy with things.

Here is a very short part. Enjoy.

Chapter Nineteen

Maria found him sitting at a table as she served the customers. To her surprise, she smiled and joined him. "Hey...." She frowned and tried to remember his name.

"Brody." He smiled back, he thought he'd never see Maria again.

"Refill?" Maria suggested, noticing that his cup was empty.

"Yeah sure." He nodded, pushing his cup forward. He loved coffee.

"So um..." He took a closer look at a name tag after she was done pouring his coffee. "Maria, it's nice to see you again."

"The feeling's mutual." Maria smiled again; finally she could have a normal conversation with someone that wasn't about aliens.

Michael bored his eyes through the glass window, watching Maria talk with some weird looking guy. She already found someone else. She moved on. His heart couldn't take it. He should have known. He really pushed Maria way for good.

He was alone.

Anger and sadness surged through his system at the same time. He moved away from the window and ran across the street. Not caring if he got knocked over by a car. No one cared. No one did. They all hated him.

Even Maria.

God, could his life get any worse?

A blinding beam of headlights came his way and knocked him over. The driver stopped and tore the car door open; she ran out and went to see if he was ok.

"Michael! Oh my god! Michael!" Vanessa grabbed him, instantly cradling him against her.

Michael spluttered.

Kyle found her sitting on the bed without anything on except for a soaked towel. He carefully crept in the room, afraid to disturb the soothing silence she was now basking in.

Tess looked lifeless. Her eyes were red because of all the crying.

He heard her crying for a long time. She kept on crying when she was in the bath, her tears now drying on her pink cheeks. Her knees were drawn to her chest and she wrapped her arms around them.

For the first time, he saw her. He saw the real her. She was vulnerable, emotional and sensitive just like the rest of them.

His heart went out to her.

He swallowed and she looked at him wearily.

No words were exchanged yet but she spoke to him through the silence.

What are you doing here, she thought and he winced as if he heard her.

"I came to see you." He stopped by the foot of the bed, still afraid that she would lash out at him. He just wanted to be there for her.

She sniffed and nodded. "You can sit down." Her voice cracked.

God, is she really that broken up about Nasedo's death? Kyle wondered as he joined her on his bed.

Tess didn't move an inch and kept her knees drawn up. "I'm so lost." Her eyes didn't dare to look at him, they were too sore from all the crying. She just looked ahead. Her back was still against the wall.

Kyle put his hand on her cold skin, she was so soft underneath that he was tempted to feel her skin beneath his lips. He had been spending a lot of time with her and he couldn't help his sexual attraction to her. She was beautiful and so sensitive, he felt protective of her and wanted to protect her even from himself. He cared about her and he wanted her yet he knew it was dangerous because he might end up hurting her. Besides, he knew he was the only reason she tolerated humans. He did not want to fuck that up.

"You don't have to worry about that because you know I'm gunna be there for you right?" Kyle asked on baited breath.

Tess blinked. "I know."

"So....."

Tess took a deep breath. "Things weren't supposed to happen this way. I was supposed to be with Max, da-I mean Nasedo should have been alive right now-" She paused. "I know I'm still hung up on the destiny thing because it was my childhood fairytale. I had nothing Kyle. I had nothing apart from that dream that one day Max will give me my happy ending including him. Nasedo drilled it into my head so much that I depended on his every word and his existence. I knew nothing apart from destiny Kyle." Tess blurted.

"I just don't know how to depart from that life and life another. You guys keep saying I don't need Max or destiny but it's all I know. I just..." She looked up at the ceiling and chuckled sarcastically. "Every girl has a dream. Even girls like me. Some girls want someone else’s' success, some girls want a career and some girls want a good husband. I was waiting for Max, I waited for him Kyle. I really thought I was going to be a queen when I met him."

Kyle said nothing and waited for Tess to continue.

"What I wasn't counting on for Nasedo to be gone. Even if I didn't have Max, I'd have Nasedo right?" Tess chuckled again. "But now he's gone to so all my childhood, I've just based my life on a stupid dream that was just a story from Nasedo who just died." Tess was silent now, she didn't cry any more but the pain of loosing her only guardian was still there. Kyle could see it in her eyes.

"It hurts me to know I will never be able to fulfil his last wish." She whispered. "I know it's stupid but I can never repay him for all he's done for me. If I stop living as Ava and start living as your kind of Tess, he'd never be in peace." She looked horrified.

Kyle rubbed her arm. "If Nasedo really loves you, he'll be happy if you're happy." Kyle told her.

"You don't understand." Tess closed her eyes. "I've had a shit life as Ava. Nasedo wanted me to live as Ava again but with happiness. I've been raped by Nicholas in the past life."

Kyle winced when she said that to him but he let her continue. "When he sexually harassed me, it brought up those memories again. I let myself be pushed around a lot. I did what people expected me to do and I know I didn't love Zan like Liz loves him now but I allowed myself to be toyed with. I was an unwanted bride, a disgraced queen who had been raped by the enemies and now I'm a reborn reject who lost her guardian and her sense of direction in life. I am not saying I don't want to be moving on, I'm just saying, my past will always be there to haunt me. I can never get rid of it Kyle."

"It'll take you time to move on, I understand." Kyle's voice trembled; he was on the verge of crying now. "I'm glad you shared your feelings with me."

Tess gave him a forced smile. He made her feel better, he always did but he could never erase her past either. "Don't you dare tell anyone what I told you. It's just between us."

"It's just between us." Kyle laced her fingers with his and kissed her hand.

They shared a smile.

Vanessa drove Michael back to his apartment; avoiding a lot of commotion which was stirred by the people who witness the car accident, Michael was grateful that Vanessa respected his feelings and didn't take him to the hospital as other people would have.

When she walked with him to the front door, he expected her to turn away and leave but she seemed to hang around.

He opened the door and stepped in. "Well thanks I guess-" He was cut off as she stepped in his room. She shut the door and locked her.

"Michael, there's something I need to tell you."

He felt important for a moment there, no one told him anything these days and hearing it from Vanessa was least expected from him.

"What?"

Vanessa looked at his eyes and felt like hugging him. God, if she had know sooner...."You're my son Michael."