Waiting for a Change (AU, CC, MATURE)Chapter 9 7/21/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Waiting for a Change (AU, CC, MATURE)Chapter 9 7/21/11 [WIP]

Post by StarCharms »

Thanks to mary mary for the wonderful banner!

Title: Waiting for a Change

Disclaimer: I own nothing. The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Category: AU without Aliens

Pairings: A&I, M&L, M&M, and K&T

Rating: MATURE

Summary: After their parents died, the eldest sister steps in to take care of her younger sisters. Each wanting to be saved from their personal demon.

Author's Note: This is my first time writing dialogue and I only wrote one fic before this with absolutely no dialogue, which is frankly weird. (I know, I’m a nutball). I am trying to focus equally on all relationships, but I may not do that successfully. Sorry beforehand. Hope you guys like it.

Chapter One

Ordinary. That one word summed up her entire life up until a certain point. She had a normal upbringing with her normal family. She had the normal teenage years of figuring out her life, along with the angst that is sure to accompany the growing pains of adolescents.

She had gone to college. At the time of the incident, as she liked to call it, she had been four semesters shy from graduating with a degree in Business Management. Upon graduatation, she would return to her hometown of Roswell and open her own event planning business. Next would come the man, the extremely extravagant, yet tasteful wedding, and no more than two children.

Abnormal. This was her life now. No graduation, no event planning, no man. No normal, ordinary, uncomplicated life.

She found herself standing at the bar of the diner starring into space trying to figure out how to make the best out of this horrible situation. She jumped at the intrusion to her pensive thoughts when the double doors to the back of the diner swung open as her sister walked into the front room. Her once thoughtful face turned into a mask of rage.

Taking a deep breath to control the anger boiling under her skin, she calmly asked, “Where were you last night?”

Her sister looked up, most likely to come up with a lie she thought, and replied, “Out. Is there a problem with me going out?”

That did it. It was a simple question. One she felt deserved a simple answer. “I only ask because I was worried about you. You didn’t come back, you didn’t call, and you didn’t text. You couldn’t even bother to let me know. I don’t care if you leave. I don’t what you do with your life …”

“Yes,” her sister interrupted, “my life. Not yours. Next time I’ll try to be more considerate okay? I mean, Jesus Isabel, I’m 20 fucking years old. Not to mention in college. You’re not my mother!” As soon as those words bubbled from her mouth, Tess regretted it.

Isabel smiled a sad smile that had a hint of ice as she answered, “No, your right. I’m not mom or dad. I’m the one paying the bills. Taking care of you and Liz. You’re right, I’m not mom or dad. I’m just the person trying to hold everyone together. Trying to male sure everyone is fine. So you can go out. So you can go to college. So you can live your life since your 20 fucking years old.” She took a deep breath trying in to rein in her anger and calm the emotions trying to come out in her words. “I’m the only one left and trying to do the best I can.”

Isabel was going to cry. She really was. While she tried to control the tears from falling, she saw her sister roll her eyes. Then she got pissed. She figured she might as well go with both emotions and let her feelings control her for once instead of vice versa. She finally decided that she would both cry and strangle her sister at the same time. Tess didn’t understand how much pressure she was under. The younger blonde didn’t even care to understand what Isabel had given to be here for her sisters two years ago.
After the incident, she had postponed her degree and came home at the age of 20 to care for her sisters. Tess had been 18, but Liz had only been 16. As much as Isabel loved Tess, the thought of her taking care of the youngest sister was a very upsetting prospect. Now the Parker sisters were each two years older. She was 22, Tess 20, and Liz 18. Yet, Tess acted as if she were a teenager with the attitude she liked to throw around. Isabel was done. She had had enough.

Before she could move the few steps to wrap her hands around her sister’s neck, out bounced the youngest Parker girl from the double doors. “Hey Izzy, Tessster! How’s it going this morning? Sorry, can’t stay and chat. I gotta run. Maria is swinging by to pick me up for school in about …oh… 5 minutes. Only two more weeks before graduation. I’m so freakin’ excited! Can you believe it?!? Valedictorian, college bound. Only two more months till August.”

“Hey Lizzy.” Isabel and Tess said at the same time while breaking the intense staring match happening between the two. Isabel glanced at Tess out of the corner of her eye. She had been so close to calling jinx, but stopped herself. Today her and Tess would play the game the two had become accustomed to these days. The taller blond called it the shut-the-hell-up-do-not-talk-to-me-as-I-am-ignoring-you game. She felt better already. Isabel just wondered how long it would take Tess to realize they were playing the game today.

Then Isabel moved her eyes back to Liz. Their sister was such a ball of sunshine this morning. She also could not seem to stop talking. Something was up with Liz. She normally wasn’t this talkative in the morning. The eldest sister guessed Liz had seen the fight and was trying to deflect all the attention away from Tess and towards herself.

“Tess, don’t you have a class to get to?” Liz asked. Isabel had guessed correctly. Liz was trying to district both Tess and Isabel from the fight.

Tess eyes widened with surprise. “What time is it,” she asked her sisters. Isabel just narrowed her eyes and went to whip down a table across the room. Seeing that she would not help her, Tess turned her attention to her other sister.

Isabel knew Liz would help Tess with her dilemma. Her youngest sister was Switzerland. She had never taking a side in the fights between the two older sisters. Instead, Liz would calmly reason with each sister and stage a mediation hopping to achieve peace between all sisters.

“It’s 7:05,” Liz answered. Isabel saw Tess nod her head. Then she heard Tess ask Liz if Maria would be willing to give Tess a ride today. Isabel wanted to smirk and gloat. It seems Tess understood they were in a battle. The first to break declared the loser. Isabel would not be the one to break. She could handle this all day.

“I’ll have to ask Maria, but you might wanna change those winkled clothes while I call just in case. Do you really want to go to class looking as if you have been rolling around on the ground all night.” Liz replied.

Tess smiled at Liz. She narrowed her eyes playfully while looking at Liz with a surprised smile. “How did you guess that’s what I did? What gave it away? Is there bodily fluids on my dress? Dirt on my hands and knees?”

Liz stared at her sister with wide innocent eyes, stunned with the information Tess had just reviled; whereas, Isabel looked at Tess with obvious distaste. Finally, Tess smiled at them both and laughed. Liz looked at Tess finally understanding it was a joke and shared in the laugh with Tess. Isabel however was once again wavering between those two emotionally states she always seemed to be in when Tess was around. Liz watched Tess go towards the back to reach their apartment then switched her eyes to her sister Isabel.

Isabel could see her youngest sister staring at her. She knew what Liz would say, but she really didn’t want to hear about forgiving Tess’s behavior today. Isabel and Tess never could see eye to eye. Neither one willing to take in the other’s viewpoint. Tess also had a habit of using her words to bite at others, knowing exactly how to get a reaction from people. Whereas, Isabel seemed to linger between a state of emotional upheaval and a state frosty indifference once she command those annoying emotions.

Liz called her sisters name in a voice no louder than a whisper, but Isabel had heard. She didn’t want her sisters afraid of her. She understand these emotional swinging was bothersome and unpredictable, but she really loved her sisters. Isabel never thought Liz would be afraid to approach her. Isabel stopped wiping the table and glanced at Liz with sad, disappointed eyes.

“Iz, you know she doesn't mean it. She doesn’t really think about what you’ve done for us. I understand you worry about us, but Tess doesn’t.” Isabel started to respond, but Liz cut her off. “Tess, she thinks she is an adult. I mean, she is an adult at her age. She trying to find her way like you did when you went off to college. Just cut her a little slack and I’ll talk to her about cutting you a little slack.”

Isabel smiled. She moved from the table she was wiping down in the direction of her baby sister. Isabel hugged her sister and whispered a soft thank you. Isabel really apperiacted what her sister was trying to do. She knew how hard Liz worked to keep the peace. The taller blonde respected and adminered Liz’s ability to reach compromises and mediate between the two blonde sisters. As she hugged her sister, she reminded Liz to call Maria in regards to the Tess situation.

Apparently, Maria agreed as both Tess and Liz rushed out of the diner to jump into Maria’s red Jetta as she was still getting the Crashdown ready for the beginning of a new day. As they rode down the road, Isabel starred out the windows of the diner, once again lost in her own thoughts.

Isabel studied the differences between all three of the sisters. She, at 22, was tall with long straight blonde hair and brown eyes. The 20 year old Tess was blonde with curly hair, blue-eyed, and short . Liz, who was 18, was short like Tess, but had both brown eyes and brown hair that was almost reaching her waist.

Each sister was uniquely different, yet complimented each other when in a complete set. Liz with her dark good looks, Tess with her pretty fairness, and Isabel who was a mixture between the two. Their own personalities also set each other apart, yet flattered each other. Isabel was an organizer. Tess, well, she was a free spirit. Liz was a combination between uptight and carefree.

Isabel sighed as she started on the task of opening The Crashdown for business. She had let her mind linger on thoughts too long. She was going to be late for the breakfast crowd. The sheriff would come into the diner asking for his morning cup of coffee. The same people every day that order the same meal every day. Sure, there was the occasional tourist; however, they were exactly like the regulars. No excitement. Just families coming though town and alien nuts interested in the other worldly opportunities Roswell had to enjoy.

I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything
With a graveyard tan carrying a cross
I like studying faces in a parking lot
I like driving backwards in the fog

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

Isabel was grateful for The Crashdown. Her thoughts were quiet while she was busy with the diner. She did not have to think about all the problems she faced in her short life. She didn’t have to wonder about her sisters. At least she got to put what she had learned in college to use. This was an opportunity for her to learn the skills she needed for her own business. So what if she hadn’t finished college. She had real world experience now, something to put on her resume. She would be okay.

I like gypsy moths and radio talk
I like gospel music and canned applause
I like colorful clothing in the sun
I ilke hammering nails and speaking in tongues

I don't want to learn what I'll need

Who cared about all the plans and dreams she had while in college. She was manager of the diner. She was the provider for her family. Isabel didn’t have dreams. She didn’t need them anymore. She was perfectly happy with her life. Yep, her life was just fine.

Bend and shape me
I love the way you are
Slow and sweetly
Like never before
Calm and sleeping
We won't stir up the past
So discretely
We won't look back

Nope, Isabel didn’t miss being a young adult without responsibilities. Who needed that life anyway. She was just fine. She had bigger things than drinking and causual sexual relationships. She had the business and her sisters.

Liz was going to college in August. Maybe in a year or two, she could hire another part time manager or maybe Tess or Liz could fill in as manager while Isabel finished her degree. She would just have to sit back for the meantime and wait for her turn.

She had handled everything the last two years just fine. She would be okay. Isabel had time to dream later when her sisters settled into their lives.

She moved to scrub the stains off the marbled Formica countertop. As she scrubbed, she rubbed all those thoughts right out of her head. The only one left running around in that brain of hers was that Isabel Parker was going to be just fine.

Yep, Isabel was just fine.

I don't want to learn what I'll need

I like throwing my voice and breaking guitars
I like playing in the sand what's mine is ours
If it doesn't remind me of anything
Doesn’t Remind Me – Audioslave
Last edited by StarCharms on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Liz: "This can never be normal, Max."
Max: "What's so great about normal?"
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Waiting for a Change (AU, CC, MATURE) Chapter 2 1/28/11

Post by StarCharms »

nibbles2 - Thank you! I'm glad you like the combo of sisters.
chanks_girl - Isabel and Tess do have some really deep issues coming on. Liz has then. She just hides them really well. The real reason for the fight between Isabel and Tess will come up later. Thank you for the feedback.
sarammlover - This is hard on Isabel. Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback. And hugs, back at ya :)
keepsmiling7 - Isabel will have her hands full, but with what is really the question. Her life, her sisters, or getting her life back on track. Hmm, one to ponder on. I'm glad you left feedback, makes me all warm inside.
mary mary - Tess is really a good person deep down. Isabel would never let either of her sisters loose their way. She's got to much control. I'm glad you could tell the difference in the sisters. Thank you so much for saying that and leaving feedback.
begonia9508 Isabel is in far a hard time. You can't have peace before war. What's happening between the sisters has been building for about a while. I glad you could tell Liz was doing her best to help. Thanks for the feedback fellow Roswell lover.

PS - Does anyone know how to PM a admin or mod? I tired, but all it kept seeing was friend or foe. Like a nutball I posted this story twice. The first time I posted it, I walked away from my computer. When it came back up on the Index page, I thought it didn't go though. So I posted it again, making a last minute change to the title. I'm happier, but now I can't get rid of the other topic. Thanks for the info.

a/n: This part has a line from the movie Bridget Jones’s Diary.

Chapter Two

Liz weighed the option of confronting her sister right now while in the car with Maria or later today while working their shifts in the diner. If she did it now, the only one who would overhear the conversations would be Maria, who was a member of their family since the beginning. Tess could not hide in the car, which was a good thing. Her sister had a pattern of removing herself from confrontation. Tess had a class this morning, as did she. A conversation now might district both sisters from school.

Deciding it was better to talk now than later where customers could overhear, and by default have a chance to judge and pity the sisters, Liz swiveled in the front seat of the Jetta to look at Tess.

“Why do you do that?” she asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Tess simple looked at her was a blank stare, and then casually rolled her eyes. “I have no idea what you’re talking about Liz. I didn’t do anything,” she said without an ounce of emotion in her voice.

Liz eyes narrowed, “Yes you do. What you said to Iz, about her not being our mother. Tess I understand how difficult …” she didn’t get the chance to continue as Tess had decided to interrupt her from the important discussion she was having. She could see Tess’s eyes burning bight with furry. Before she had a chance to steal herself against the words she could little feel waiting to be set free from the mouth of her sister, Tess stated to speak, her voice cutting through her heart like a knife.

“No you don’t. You don’t understand. You weren’t here! How the hell do you know anything,” Tess yelled, her voice becoming higher in volume and pitch with each word. “You don’t understand anything. Just because you’re so fucking perfect, you think you have the right to sit and judge me? ME of all people? I was here and where were you, hmm? “

Liz felt as if she had been slapped in the face. Did Tess blame her? Where had all this come from, she wondered. She had only wanted her sister to stop messing with Isabel so much. Liz thought everyone had gotten all the anger and hate out a few months after her parents death. It seemed Tess and Isabel where still holding grudges. More surprisingly, however, was Tess’s grudge against her.

Liz slowing turned herself back towards the front of the car. Maria glanced between the front and back seat before finally looking in the rearview mirror at Tess.

“Um, guys … Tess we’re here. Do it to it, girl. Rock that class chick-a-dee” Maria said with slight smile on her face. Liz was thankfully for her best friend. She had relieved some of the tension that had been bubbling in the car once Tess had unleashed her rage on Liz.

The brunette wondered if she should say something to her sister. She didn’t like the games Tess and Isabel played, where they ignored the presence of whomever they deemed unworthy of their time. “Tess, I’m sorry. I just, I really wanted us to talk today. Maybe we can talk, just you and me, some other time.” Liz voice faltered, wondering if she should dare attempt what she was about to say. In a quiet voice, one filled with love and compassion she said, “I love you, Tess.” She glanced at the back seat to see what Tess would do. When Tess swung open the back door, Liz knew it was over. She was going to be an unwilling participant in the game today.

She was surprised when her sister turned her head slightly towards the front, her eyes downcast. “Love ya too,” was whispered as Tess bolted out of the car, up the sidewalk, and into the sea of college students before Liz could even register what she had said.

“Jesus Liz, look at those hot asses all over that campus,” Maria said, her eyes filled with glee. “Just think of all the lovin’ we’ll receive once we hit this place.”

Liz looked at her friend, then glanced out the window, thankful for the reprieve her friend was offering. She really wanted to be swept away into the dream-like state Maria was experiencing. No doubt a place filled with parties, men, and new beginnings. The conversation she had just had with her sister put that to a stop. Instead, Liz directed her thoughts back on what had just occurred with Tess. She wanted Maria’s opinion about the little fallout that had just occurred.

“Do you think Tess blames me? Not for what happened, but you know, for me not being in the car too,” she asked after a moment of silence.

Maria started to drive off towards West Roswell High, as she said, “I don’t think she meant that Liz. Look at the way she bounced outta here. No one leaves that quick unless they feel guilty about something. She talked to you so I don’t think she’ll be ignoring you during our shift, but just try not to get on her case today okay?”

Liz nodded. She knew her sister didn’t mean it really, but sometimes she felt guilty about not being with Tess and their parents that day. “Do you think I should have gone to Harvard Maria? I mean, yeah, it would have been nice to go. I just can’t leave Iz like that. She needs help,” she didn’t want her sister, who had given up everything for her, to become more burdened by her going to Harvard, “Someone has to help at the Crashdown.” Liz knew Isabel wanted a life, even if she pretended everything was okay.

“If you’re happy, that’s really all that matters. As long as you made a the decision for yourself, not for Izzy or Tess, than you really didn’t care anyway. ”

“So since you like looking at those hot asses, how fast will your legs spread once we hit campus?” Liz couldn’t help it, she really needed to change the subject. Teasing Maria was funnier than talking about the drama of her life.

“Bout as fast as your panties dropped for my cousin,” Maria replied, realizing that for now, the serious conversation was done.

“That remains to be proven,” Liz smiled. “And I’ll never tell,” she finished in a sing-song voice.

Maria just rolled her eyes. “Just close your eyes and imaging how great the next few years of our lives are going to be. We are totally going to be on top.”

Maria held her held her hand up vertically, singling Liz for a high five. Liz rolled her eyes, but slapped hands with her friend anyway. As Maria moved her hand lower, flipping it over palm up, she want to give Maria another high-five, this time down low, but her friend pulled her hand away right before her hand touched Maria’s palm.

“Oops, to slow.”

As they pulled into the parking lot of the school, the small red Jetta was filled with laughter from the two soon-to-be graduates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you, come again.”

The smile on her face was slowly killing Isabel. Her lips hurt, her teeth hurt, and her freakin’ cheek muscles were numb. She needed someone, someone who would help her with the diner. She didn’t care anymore. Fuck waiting a few years. All she needed was one day out of the week for her. Pedicures, manicures, waiting TV, going out with a date.

Whatever. She would do whatever she felt was the most important. A day for her alone. No Tess, no Liz … well, on second thought, Liz would be okay. As long as she didn’t mention anything about Isabel getting her own life. That would be a ground rule between the two if Liz was going to join her on a the dream day. There went those silly little dreams.

She was trying to save money to buy a house. Isabel knew how cramped the apartment was getting. Three young women living in cramped space was not a pretty sight. Money would also be needed so that maybe one day, so might be able to live her own dream. As she maneuvered between the back of the Crashdown towards the front, she saw the one person in the world that put a grin on her face.

“Hello,Isabel,” he said with that easy going grin that would make any other girl swoon.

“Hey. What bring you here?” She asked her 22 year old friend she hadn’t seen in six months.

“Well, I’m here applying for a deputy position.”

Kyle Valenti, one and only child of Sheriff Valenti, had moved from Roswell to Las Cruses for college. He really seemed to have gotten his life together. Ironic since hers had fallen apart. Pushing those thoughts away, she picked the conversation back up. Noticing the shocked look on his face, she decided it was time to become civil. “You’re serious? Wow, good for you Kyle. So where’s the job?”

Kyle’s face went from shocked to amused. “Why, good ole Roswell. I passed got to pass the exam, complete interview, make sure I’m psychological good, and you are lookin’ at the next deputy of the great city of Roswell. My father called me and explained how almost all the deputies got arrested and fired for all those prank they pulled and he needed some deputies. I’m down here for the day talking to my dad. I just wanted to stop in and talk to you for a minute.”

She knew what prank they were talking about. There had been a prank war in the deputy department since she could remember. When Deputy Baker had taken it too far and feed the others tainted sandwiches, Valenti had fired the deputy and told everyone the pranks were to stop else everyone would end up like Deputy Baker. Thinking that would be the end of the war, Sheriff Valenti had been surprised to find they were making prank phone calls to the 9-1-1 line causing the police to show up at each other houses expecting robbers. Valenti had fired or transferred every single person related to the phone calls.

“Kyle,” she stopped when she saw the playful look on his face. “Sorry, Deputy Kyle, I am exterly sorry for what happened.” She passed, trying to figure out how to word the next part. “I hope this means you have forgiving me. I’ve really missed my friend,” it hurt to think about the fact he had left when she needed him the most. It had been her fault, she reminded her brain.

Understanding and accepting was two different things. Looking into his eyes, Isabel said, “We’ve been friends since grade school. Just because you left, it doesn’t change it. Just as I hope, my faults don’t change anything. You’re going to be around now, and it will be nice to have a name to throw around to the cops in case I get a ticket.”

“I’m sorry Iz,” he stated with sincerity in his voice. “I really didn’t want to hurt you. You were having a hard time, I was having a hard time. What happened, happened,” he told her he voice dripping with emotion. He glanced out the windows, then turned his gaze back towards her face. “I’m really glad you’re not mad. I thought you were going to kill me,” Kyle smiled then. Waiting a beat, spoke again, “ I have missed you too.” Laughingly he added, “Of course to repay your generosity of forgiveness, I will allow you to throw my name around with any tickets you may receive.”

“Thanks Kyle. I really glad you came in here to talk to me.” Isabel believed this could be a new start to a relationship gone south. She wished she had never tired to slept with him because of loneliness . That one mistake had destroyed a friendship that had spanned more than a decade.

Isabel thought about how Kyle and she had been friends since the fourth grade. Together they had been the homecoming and prom king and queen since the eleventh grade. Nothing but psychical distance had separated them when she went away for college. Even then, they had kept in touch with emails and phone calls.

One night right after the funeral of her parents, she had want to Kyle. Trying to numb herself from the pain, Isabel thought Kyle would make her feel something other then bone crushing, heartbreaking sadness and the never ending emptyness she felt.. Isabel had made advances towards Kyle, hoping she would feel something, a small lessening of the misery that hung over her head. They both felt nothing. It made her feel nothing. The pain doubled when she had lost her friend from her bad decisions in life.

“You know, Isabel, Buddha has a saying,” he cleared his throat, he drew himself up to his full height, and said “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”

Realizing what Kyle was telling her, that no one else could save her, she answered in the only way she could. “Thanks for that pearl of wisdom dude,” Her voice filled with sarcasm and playfulness.

“Bye Izzy. I’ll see you soon.”

They hugged each other goodbye after their short meeting. As she watched him walk out of the diner, she felt the day get a little better. The foundation had been set, now she just needed to build.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tess sat in her Child Psyc. class, not paying attention to a word her teacher was saying. Her mind was on the things she had said to both her sisters early in the day. She had tried to quail the rage she had been feeling since the night before when she had heard Isabel and Liz discussing her attitude as of late. Liz, who put on the facade of perfectness, and Isabel, who acted as if her heart was sheathed with ice, had no business assessing her false bravado.

She couldn’t act like everything was shiny and happy. She couldn’t close of emotions. She was left facing the reality of the situation. Her parents were dead. Out of all three sisters, she was the only one who could admit that out loud and it pissed her off. Isabel called it an incident. Liz preferred not mentioning it at all.

Bald tires. It had been bald tires that killed her parents. She couldn’t help the thought that slipped past her mind about how pathetic was that. If her parents hadn’t been busy, if Liz or she had known about the tires, the accident wouldn’t have even occurred. Her parents had been driving to Carlsbad to pick up supplies. The back tire had blown and her father lost control of the car. As he fought to regain control, the car flipped several times before rolling to a stop.

A hand suddenly appeared in front of her face. “Earth to Tess, can you hear me?” Damn did she hate Courtney Banks. If the chick ever recovered a brain cell once she stopped drinking and drugging, maybe then Courtney would have been tolerable.

“Yes, you nitwit, I can hear you.” Tess needed to get out of this class. To do that, she needed Courtney to move from the hole in the side of the desk. “Have you ever heard of personal space Courtney or are you enamored with my beauty,” she waited for the other girl to move. Realizing she would have to be more direct Tess sighed, ”Move. I need to get out. You are in the way. Hence I need you to move.”

The confused look on Courtney’s pretty face finally cleared, and then the giggling stated, “Oopsy, silly me.” With understanding, Courtney finally moved her body away for Tess to maneuver out of the desk. “Class is over. I didn’t know if you knew that or whatever. Okey dokey then. Gotta run, bye Tess”

As Tess made her way to the door to leave the room, she glanced at the clock on the wall, she noticed she had ten minutes to make it all the way across campus before she was late for her next class.

There's a fire starting in my heart,
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark,

Finally, I can see you crystal clear,
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your shit bare,
See how I'll leave with every piece of you,
Don't underestimate the things that I will do,

As she left the building heading towards the cement walkway, she starred at the pretty flowers planted along the path. She was completing taking up gardening as a hobby, when she bumped into someone consequently losing all the notes in her hand.

There's a fire starting in my heart,
Reaching a fever pitch and it's bring me out the dark,

As she looked up to apologize, she realized it was Nicholas. Someone she had not seen in a very long time nor did she want the distinct pleasure of his face today. Bending down to pick up all the papers, trying to ignore the biggest mistake of her life, she watched as Nicholas reached out and grabbed her hand.

The scars of your love remind me of us,
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all,
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless,
I can't help feeling,

“Let me go,” she said, while struggling to pull her hands out of his tight grasp.

We could have had it all,
(You're gonna wish you never had met me),
Rolling in the deep,
(Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep),
You had my heart inside of your hand,
And you played it to the beat,

“Sorry,” he glanced at her wrist again for a second, then let go, “the scars seemed to have healed quite nicely.”

God she hated him. “What the fuck does it matter to you?” Running into him was her punishment. Punishment for the things she had said to her sisters, words she didn’t really mean.

Baby, I have no story to be told,
But I've heard one on you and I'm gonna make your head burn,
Think of me in the depths of your despair,
Make a home down there as mine sure won't be shared,

“It doesn’t. Just thought I would make conversation since you bumped into me.” She really couldn’t understand why she had gotten involved with him. Then she remembered how he was at the start of their relationship.

The scars of your love remind me of us,
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all,
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless,
I can't help feeling,

He had been perfect. Flowers, romantic dates, hell the guy had even opened doors for her. Then came the pressure, the jealous, the pain. She hadn’t even realized how much the perfect match had changed before it had been to late.

Rolling in the deep,

She would never be ruled by a man again. No one was worth it. Not even if the guy was a wizard who produced chocolate with a simple wave of his wand, wrote love songs that made her soul tingle, and confessed he loved her, just the way she was as Mark Darcy had to Bridget Jones. Bullshit that lead people to believe in happy ever after. You life may be horrible, you may be horrible, but all you really need is love was the message she gained from those movies. Once you find it the ever-elusive love, that horrible personality will change and the messed life you have will be a bed of roses.

Could have had it all,
Rolling in the deep,
But you played it with a beating,

Look what love had gotten her. She was interrupted from her musing by the bane of her existence. “You really are mental, you know that? I am wasting my time talking to you and you …”

Throw your soul through every open door,
Count your blessings to find what you look for,
Turn my sorrow into treasured gold,
You pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow,

It all, it all, it all,

“I don’t want to talk to you, get out of my way. I need to get to class.” Her eyes had flickered and fury had erupted when he had called her mental, something she wasn’t going to let go anytime soon. Deciding to dig at him and his huge ego Tess said, “You’re right, I am mental. To ever go out with someone as pathetic as you just proves it. I’ll go admit myself to the psych ward after my next class.” Leaning in closer to whisper in his ear, “You just wait Nick. It might not be today, next week, or next month. One of these days I’m going tell everyone all about the things you’ve done.”

Rolling in the deep,

The look of astonishment and fear on his face filled her with a sense of giddiness. If she stayed there any longer, she might just break out into giggles like Courtney. The day was starting to look brighter. Now if she could only find a way to apologize to Isabel without talking, because she was not going to lose a game of wills against her older sister. She would find a way of getting the message across without actually talking to Isabel. If Tess could pull it off, all would be awesome.

Could have had it all,
Rolling in the deep,

As she made her way to class, she glanced at the large clock tower located next to the University Center. Tess stated to run, hoping she would make it to class in the next two minutes.

But you played it,
You played it,
You played it,
You played it to the beat.
Rolling in the Deep - Adele

------------------------------------------------------------

Maria really didn’t understand why the seniors had to come to class. She was going to skip, but then they would call her mother, Amy would come rolling in, grabbing Maria by the ears, yelling about how she had been a teenage mother not finishing high school, and here Maria was wasting her chance to really do something with her life. She wanted to avoid that situation from ever occurring.

The fight in the car was nothing new to Maria. She didn’t understand why the sisters couldn’t just talk to each other about the real problems in their relationships. Isabel resented them for their life progressing while she was stuck at the diner. Tess hated that the other sisters couldn’t admit their parents died along with the fact the two seemed to watch her like a hawk.

Liz didn’t have problems with her sisters. She was too busy protecting and caring for her sisters. Liz wanted Isabel to go back to school for her dream. If only those sisters weren’t so hardheaded. Isabel wouldn’t talk to Tess. Tess stayed away from Isabel. Liz was the only one both would talk. The two blonde sisters acted as if they were alone on an island with no need for anyone else.

The high-pitched voices a few tables over got her attention back on the class. She wished she had taken another class instead of this Cosmetology course. On the other hand, she had learned some killer hair skills and make-up tips. Stuck with the shallow sisters, she was reconsidering her choice. She loved shopping and make-up as much as the next girl, but to discuss the same dress, make-up, and accessories for 20 minutes was really getting on her nerves.

This was such bullshit. She wasn’t learning. Teachers weren’t teaching. They were all passing time until Friday. They were all graduating next week. The school should have just allowed the seniors two full weeks of down time. Nope her school, the idiots.

Senior skip day was on Friday. Today was Wednesday. She only had to hold out for one more day. She wanted to bust out in song. Just as she was starting to hum under her breath, she heard her name being called. Looking around the room, she noticed the princess talking directly to her.

“Where’s your little sidekick today? I haven’t seen her around.”

“Well Pam, if all that hairspray hadn’t eaten away your brain cells you would she doesn’t share classes with you.”

“Oh my God. Your just too funny, what with those throwbacks to the 60s look your going for.”

“ We can’t all dress and act like strippers Pam. Only one person should have that extreme pleasure of being a high school call girl.”

With a scathing look at Maria, Pam turned back to her group. The shallow sisters once again started talking of dresses, hair, and make-up. Maria wondered what she could do for the last ten minutes of class. The decision was made when she felt her cell phone vibrate in her jean pocket. With a quick glance towards Ms. Taylor, she pulled out her phone. It was Tess asking if Liz was still upset.

A little she typed and hit send.

As she waited for Tess to reply, she wondered if she should ask if Tess needed a ride back to the Crashdown this afternoon. With only an hour left for the school day, she had two full hours before her shift at the Crashdown.

A little is better than a lot I guess

Not knowing what to say, Maria asked if Tess needed a ride to her home. As she got Tess’s response, the bell rung for classes to switch. Only one more class, another 50 minutes. She could do this.

As she walked into the hallway she looked down at the phone to see Tess’s message.

Yes Thxs Maria :)

Seeing the time on her phone, Maria shivered with joy. 45 minutes. 45 minutes and one more day until her adult life started.
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Waiting for a Change (AU, CC, MATURE) Chapter 3 2/02/11

Post by StarCharms »

begonia9508 - I'm glad you can tell the differences in between all four ladies. LOL, yeah your right war would break out if they all were like Tess. You're totally on point about Maria. Her issue will come up soon.

nibbles2 - it would be really strange. Tess and Isabel have problems that will be addressed soon. They do love each other. They love each other, they just have a funny way of showing it. They both are proud. Thanks for the info about he PMs.

keepsmiling7 - You got it. They each have their own way of dealing with their parents death and with problems. Tess wasn't blaming Liz for not being in the car, but for not being in town. Sorry, I must not have written that very clearly. I'm glad your enjoying this story. And I like your name - keep smiling, that is my motto in life :D

mary mary - LOL. When I was in high school, I remember thinking it's almost over and I couldn't wait until college and the magical age of 21. I just graduated from college in Dec., I'm over the age of 21 which really wasn't really that magical, and all I can think is adulthood isn't all that special - life just goes on and on. So I completely agree with you !

angiebreena You're so right! Women are very complex in relationships with other women. I'm glad you see that. This story is more about women and are relationships. Each woman in this story has a different relationships with the women around her. Liz and Maria, Tess and Isabel, Tess and Liz, they are all different. When I was thinking about this story, I knew I wanted to show how relationships are different and unique based on who their with. Glad you like it.

Thanks to anyone else reading this.

Chapter 3

“I can’t believe you talked us into this shit Kyle” Michael Guerin was not happy about this at all. As a fresh graduate from New Mexico State University, he thought he would have time to concentrate on his art. He had learned art didn’t pay the bills as well as he thought.

“Quiet your bitchin’ Mike.” Alex was tired of hearing a grown man whine. “You know you didn’t have to come. You could have stayed, you choose this. No one forced this on you.”

Max, sensing another argument between his friends was going to break out, interrupted. “Think of it this way guys, now we all get to continue our wonderful bromance.”

They all turned to look at him as if he had suggested they start hooking up with each other.

“Geez Maxwell, if I didn’t know any better I might suggest you get a single hotel room instead of sharing.”

Wanting to give his friend a break from the inevitably teasing certain to follow, Alex looked at Kyle and asked the question he had wanted to know since his friend disappeared this morning, “Where did you go today Kyle?”

“I went to see an old friend. Let her know I was back in town. We left things pretty bad between the two of us, things that needed to be dealt with before I suddenly showed up in town again. Just wanted to give her a heads up.”

“You lady-killer. What you do leave her heartbroken waiting for your return?” Michael was now intrigued. Kyle was not the kind of guy to up and leave a person he was in a relationship with.

“No, not like that. It wasn’t like that at all. She’s had a hard few years since her parents died. She just was looking for something that I wasn’t willing to give her.” Pausing to think for a minute, Kyle moved his eyes down to the small table located in the hotel room they were in now. He didn’t like to reflect back on that time. “She didn’t really want it either. She was lonely, scared, and unsure of how to build her life back up. We were friends before and I’m sure will be friends again.”

Not wanting to stay on the topic any longer, he changed the subject. “I can’t believe you guys actually want to be deputies. I can’t believe a few bullshit stories and some alcohol can make you numbskulls agree.”

Max Evans thought about what Kyle had just said. He couldn’t believe it either. If he had stayed in Los Cruses, he would have been working a minimum wage job, saving money for law school. He could do that in Roswell and get paid a little more in the process. He had worked two jobs in college. While it had allowed him to continue his education, his grades had suffered. With the slip in grades, he could not find a scholarship that would pay full tuition. He could not go to law school and work two jobs.

“I couldn’t let you have all the ladies Kyle,” Max said, to which Alex Whitman rolled his eyes.

Alex’s reason for doing this was completely selfish. He wanted to learn all he could about the police department. He had his degree in Computer Engineering. He wanted to develop cyber security systems for the government to use. The only way to get knowledge of what was used now, he would need to get inside access. He figured Roswell was a good enough place to start.

“Guys, as fun as starring at these walls are, I’m hungry and would like to see daylight.” Michael was tired of sitting in this hotel room.

“Yeah,” Alex said, “I’m hungry too. I saw this little diner when we went to visit your dad today Kyle. What was it called again?” Alex sat trying to remember the name.

Kyle beat him to him to it. “The Crashdown? You want to eat there? We could go to Senor Chow. It’s this cool place. The best part is they have pool.” He really didn’t’ want to go there again today. Kyle wanted to give Isabel a chance to marinate over their chat.

“Dude, I really want a burger and fries. I’m not feeling the fine dining experience.”

“I agree with Michael, Kyle.” Max didn’t want to spend the whole night playing pool. He enjoyed the time he spent with his friends, but it was getting late. “We need to get back later and start studying for the exam. We only have a few weeks before the test.”

“Alex don’t leave me hangin’ man. Vote for Senor Chow.” Alex looked at Kyle.

“I got to go with Max and Michael on this one. I vote for the Crashdown.”

“Fine guys. Let’s go.” As they each moved to leave the room, Kyle sprinted out the door passing each one. “I call shotgun!”
---------------------------------------

“Iz why don’t you change the uniforms. It is within your power. I don’t mind the antenna, even the colors. What I have a problem with is guys starring at my T&A in this monstrosity.” Maria was sick of having nasty hornballs staring at her in this uniform. It had been flattering for a while, now it was starting to make her reconsider her decision to work here.

Isabel rolled her eyes and walked over to take the order of her costumer. Not bothering to even answer.

Maria was upset now. Isabel once again refusing to listen to the workers, she sure was a great manager. “I’m working here, not participating in a damn beauty contest Isabel.”

“She’ll listen later.” Seeing the look on her friends face, she suggested, “Just take a sniff of your oil and relax.” With that said, Liz went to the front of the restaurant to ring up a customer.

When would Liz stop taking her sisters’ backs, Maria couldn’t help but wonder. Sometimes it upset her when she thought of the way Liz always tried to smooth things over for her sisters’ horrific attitudes and behavior. Maria knew her and Liz needed to have a chat, she just hoped Liz wouldn’t get upset.

Liz glanced around the Crashdown. It was pretty slow. It was a little after eight o’clock. Another hour and they could begin to close down.

Tess had preferred to work the outside of the diner. She had come back in when it had gotten dark. She and Isabel still wouldn’t talk. Isabel took the right side of the diner, leaving Tess with the left. Maria and Liz worked the middle.

As Liz started to move back to the bar to sit and chat with Maria due to the slowness of the night, the bell above the door rang.

All four girls turned to stare at the door and groaned.
-----------------------------------------------------

“Damn guys, it’s almost closing time.” Michael looked at back, “We were suppose to be here before sun down.”

“If it hadn’t been for frick and frack wanting to see the UFO Museum, we would have been here hours ago, “ Kyle told Michael.

“Alex and I just wanted to experience some of the local culture, Michael,” Max said with a smile half grin on his face.

Alex reached his hands out, smashing Max’s cheeks with his thumb and index finger. “And who could be mad at that face.”

They walked across the street, unprepared for what they each where going to witness.
----------------------------------------

Maria sighed, “Great. The shallow sisters just had to sit in my section.” Plastering on a smile as fake as half the things on her nemesis’s body, she moved to take an order.

“Hello. My name is Maria. What can I get for you today?” Her voice was sugar sweet.

“I’ll have a Blood of an Alien Smoothie.”

“Anything else?”

“No, that’s all.”

“Coming right up.”

As Maria walked back to make the smoothie, she saw Liz go do it. She stated wiping down the other tables, as where Isabel and Tess. Luckily for the shallow sisters, Liz hadn’t broken down the machine yet. She saw Liz take the smoothie to Pam.

Moving to the next table, she saw Pam moving towards her with the smoothie in her hand. As she raised herself to inquire just what Pam wanted, Pam tripped; pouring the drink down the front of Maria’s uniform as the bell rung over the door announcing new customers.

Isabel, Liz, and Tess had watched Pam pour the drink down her dress.

“What the fuck?” Tess swung her gaze the from Maria versus Pam throw down, towards the four guys who had walked into a middle of a war zone. Noticing Kyle, she started to frown.

Isabel saw Kyle’s group standing at the door. She quickly made her way to seat the group. “Kyle, Hi. Just sit somewhere for right now. We’ll be right with you. I have a sort of … managerial issue to deal with right now.”

Maria, with Liz by her side, stared to the bimbo who had just threw a drink on her. Pam’s face turned evil as she leaned in closer to say, “Didn’t think I would let you get away with that call girl comment did you?” The smoothie pourer than turned and flounced away.

“Maria, listen, don’t do anything crazy okay. Next time spit in her food, drop it on the floor, or … or throw some dirt in it. Don’t get in trouble okay? Please, please Maria.” Liz understood how upset Maria was, but doing this would only cause more drama, more upset.

Maria smiled. “Don’t worry Lizzie. I’m not going to hit her okay. Cross my heart.”

Maria watched as Isabel approached the shallow squad. She could hear Isabel saying how Pam and her group needed to leave the restaurant. She didn’t care what Isabel said. The damage was done. She promised Liz she wasn’t going to hit Pam, that didn’t mean she couldn’t embarrass the bitch though.

She had noticed Kyle Valenti when he walked in with the group. She looked at the booth, noticing the wide-eyed expression on each face.

“Kyle, Kyle’s friends.” She was going to talk loud enough for that tramp to hear her. “I’m so sorry you had to see that. That tramp over there was dropped to many times on her head. She just a very insecure person. All she has is her fake friends, fake boobs, fake hair, and fake nails. But me, I’m all real honey.” flipping her long blonde hair back over her shoulder, she sneaked a glance at Pam. Noticing the girl looked like she was about to blow, she turned on her heal, going to the back to at least change into her day clothes.

“Pam, you need to leave. I’m not going to say it again. Please leave the premises.” Isabel was tired of this shit.

“I’ll leave when that bitch comes back out.”

Liz spoke up then, “Really Pam? I’d watch who you call a bitch. I don’t think Maria is the dog in heat. Leave Pam. Just go. Don’t make things worse.”

“Pathetic Parker growing a pair. It’s a miracle. You need to learn you place …”

“I’m sorry. I don’t think I heard you right. Did you just call my sister pathetic?” Tess squared her shoulders prepared to do battle as Isabel did the same.

Maria came out of the back. She noticed the battle stance the two blonde sisters had just took.

The guys could feel the tension rising in the air. This was not good, not good at all.

Kyle started nudging Michael. Michael didn’t seem to notice. Kyle needed to get out of the booth and over there before either Isabel or Tess really hurt the poor dumb girl that had just insulted the youngest Parker.

Kyle balled his hand into a fist, punching Michael in the arm. “Move Michael, I need to get over there. Get the fuck out of the booth.”

Michael was stunned. He couldn’t believe this was actually happening. The only time he saw this shit was on YouTube videos and that channel that had the crazy ass car chases. After hearing Kyle, he jumped out of the booth and watched as his friend ran to the other side of the room.

Tess had just pulled her hand back, preparing herself to slap Pam silly when Kyle Valenti jumped in front of her. Realizing someone was trying to be a hero, she made a small groaning sound behind his back.

Moving to the side to see, Tess wished he would have stayed in his seat. She wasn’t a damsel in distress and he wasn’t some prince.

“Look, this lady has asked you to leave her business. I suggest you do.” Kyle really hoped she would leave now.

“I don’t think so. I am a paying customer.” He had no luck.

“Paying customer my ass! You just spilled that drink on me. Just cause you think something doesn’t make it so Pam. While I am surprised as anyone that you CAN think, I think you need to allow those remaining brain cells to be reactivated. You really are one stup …” Maria was placed into submission when a hand gripped her mouth.

“By quiet, hot lips. Dude’s trying to save you guys a law suit. How do you think it will go if all of you start fighting over a customer who tripped. Whose fault would that be?” Michael wanted to smile when he saw her eyes narrow at him.

Kyle needed to figure a way to get this girl out of the diner. If he didn’t, someone was going to go away badly hurt and he figured it wouldn’t be the Parker girls or Maria DeLuca. “Okay, how ‘bout this. Maria will not press assault charges on you if you leave right now. My buddies and I saw you spill that drink on purposes. Not to mention we are all deputies of the Roswell Sheriff’s department. I also have an in with Sheriff Valenti, who just happens to be my father.” He watched as Pam and her friends gathered their belongings and walked out of the Crashdown.

“This is far from over! Just wait until your little heroes aren’t around.” Everyone in the diner watched the group walk out. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief looking at each other.

“Keep your dirty hands off me, you nasty Neanderthal.” Grabbing a napkin, she started whipping her tongue and teeth. “I didn’t require your help at all. I don’t like to be touched. Next time learn to get your hands to yourself.”

“No need to thank me, firecracker. I was doing you a favor.” Maria just walked to stand by Liz, who had been strangely quiet.

Seeing the look on her friends face, Maria grabbed her hands to make sure she was okay.

“Lizzy, what’s wrong?” At her question, Tess and Isabel moved to comfort their sister.

“Nothing, I just, I feel guilty for this fight. You and her fought because of me.”

Noticing the looks, Maria started to explain, “Pam just said something in class today and I responded.”

Isabel moved to give her sister a hug. “Liz it isn’t your fault. If you honest listen to what the trash has to say, then maybe we need to get your head checked.”

“Liz if you believe anything that whore says I don’t know how your graduating at the top of your class. Izzy rights. Just ignore the bimbo,” said Tess. She moved to hug her sister, as did Isabel and Maria, ending in a group hug between the three sisters and honorary sister.

This was getting too much like a lifetime movie for Kyle. He was hungry, things were fine now, and he needed to lessen the estrogen in the air. “No thank you Kyle. No hugs. No what a big strong man you are. Nothing”

“Kyle, I could have handled it just fine without you. You should have just leaved it alone.” Tess choose to ignore the warning look she got by Isabel. “We didn’t need a big, strong man to help us. Not to motion where we would have found one on such short notice.”

“Tess be nice,” was said as Isabel moved past her to talk to Kyle. Tess focused on the fact that Isabel was the first to break in their ignoring game. With a smile, she moved closer to the group of guys sitting at the table.

Max was standing near the brunette. The tears in her eyes made his heartache, literally. “Hey, um, you don’t know me, but you shouldn’t let that person bother you.” Moving closer to look into her face, “I don’t, uh, think your pathetic. You have people that love you … and apparently smart according to what your friends were saying.”

Liz wiped her eyes, turning her face towards the man talking, “Thanks, um … sorry, I don’t know your name.”

“Evans, Max Evans.” He started to think he said something wrong when the brunette started laughing softly. He didn’t mind so much, her laughter was like music to his ears.

“I don’t mean to laugh, it just, you know, you said your name like Bond, James Bond.” Sticking out her hand, “Hi. Max, Max Evans. I’m Liz Parker.” Liz really looked at Max for the first time. She lost the ability to breathe. Everything seemed to get brighter around him and she was sure a love song was playing in the background. As he grabbed her hand, she shook herself back to reality. She noticed he was older than her, the question was if he was closer to Isabel’s age or older? Regretfully she pulled her hand back.

Pointing to the back, she whispered, “I’m just going to go, uh, go wash my face.” He watched her go until he couldn’t see her behind the swinging double doors. He forced his feet to move back to the booth where his friends were sitting.

“Kyle, thank you, really. You and your friends can eat on the house, consider it my treat for having to witness the cat fight that just took place.” Isabel wanted to smooth things over. Keeping customers was her number one priority.

“Finally! Food.” Maria looked at the spiky haired guy that had clamped his hand over her mouth.

“What is it with you?” This guy was unbelievable. “First you put you hand, which who knows where that nasty appendage has been, on my mouth. Now all you seem to care about is food? ” Sure the guy was hot, but he should learn to keep his hands to himself. That was a rule they taught in, like, kindergarten.

“I’m hungry. You seem fine, if your mouth can move that fast, I’m sure you’ll be a-okay.” Maria looked at him, then at Isabel. “Iz, I’m going to check on Liz. Then I’m going to finish cleaning. Let me know if you need any help with their order.”

“So guys, what will it be?” Isabel said looking around the table. After putting in the order, Isabel took their drinks to the table. As she passed her sisters and Maria she told them to follow her. Isabel decided introduction were in order.

“Kyle and Kyle’s friends, let me introduce myself, my sisters, and our friend. I’m Isabel Parker.” Point to her sisters, “This is Tess and Liz, my sisters.” She moved her hand once again, “And this is Maria DeLuca.”

The four girls stood there waiting for Kyle to introduce his friends. Alex, realizing why they were waiting, kicked Kyle under the table. Not waiting for Kyle to buy a clue, he sighed, “Sorry. I’m Alex Witman. This is Max Evans. Across the both is Michael Gurien. You guys know Kyle since you keep saying his name. That or your psychic. I don’t think that’s possible. You have to know him is the only …” he stopped his ramblings when he saw the amused looks of his friends.

He was rambling. He couldn’t help it. Isabel was a goddess. He never thought he would ever find such a gift in this town.

Isabel glanced his way and smiled. “Are you going to become deputies too?”

A round of yeses were heard. “Well, good for you. I’m just going to go get your orders.”

Liz decided she would talk to Kyle before her sister came back. Sneaking a look at Max, she turned her head back to Kyle. “Thanks Kyle. I’m extremely grateful for what you did. And I’m glad your back in town. Maybe now things can get better.” She gave Kyle a hug, looked back at Max and left.

Kyle heard Tess snort. Something had definitely change about the middle Parker sister. Before he had left, she had been full of life. Now she was cynical and seemed to have lost the sparkle he had admired so much in her.

He had always had a small crush on Tess. If he had stayed, if she hadn’t been with that twit. He was tired of ifs. He decided that he would bring out the Tess surly hidden behind those blank eyes.

“Valenti, you never said how hot the chicks were here. You should have brought us here months ago.” Michael was very excited to come here now. Especially now he know about the green eyed vixen that lived in the town.

Isabel then. “Are you guys the same age as Kyle and me?” She wanted to know. She had seen the way the one guy, Max, had been looking at her sister. She also noticed the way her sister seemed to look back.

“Yeah, were all 22. Well, Alex will be 23 in about a week.” That guy wasn’t too old for Liz.

Isabel smiled, “Thanks for dining at the Crashdown and please come again. I’m going to go help with the clean-up. Thanks again for all the help tonight. And remember to keep The Crashdown in mind.”

As Isabel walked by Tess, her sister stepped closer to her. Thinking Tess was going to apologize, she smiled at her sister.

“You lose. You talked to me first when you said be nice. Nanner, nanner loser.” Tess went back to whipping the tables and putting up chairs with a large, gleeful grin on her face.

Isabel, on the other hand, was back where she was this morning, fluctuating between crying and choking her sister.
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Waiting for a Change (AU, CC, MATURE) Chapter 4 3/25/11

Post by StarCharms »

Begonia9508 - Thanks :D I'm glad it was funny to someone besides myself. Yeah Maria is really crazy, but in a good way. This part will give more info on Maria and her issues. Yeah Liz, she not really into conflit, but for a very different reason ... she had a reason why she doesn't try to start things with anyone, even her bitchy sisters :wink: Glad you liked it

Mary Mary yeah Pam has real problems. Pam almost got her ass handed to her, but Kyle was there to stop it. Who knows, she might not be so lucky next time. :wink: Kyle's a busy dude, he can't be everywhere at once.

Natalie26 - I'm glad you liked it. I know Liz appears weak, but she's really not. Iz, Maria, Tess, and Liz each have problems. Not just cause of their parents death, but other things in there lives. Liz's hasn't really been explored expect now in this part.

Keepsmiling7 - lol,those uniforms. I glad you like this. And great? :oops: Thank you, for realzies. My day just got a little extra sprinkle of awesomeness.

I feel totally horrible for not posting in a month and some weeks. I promise by next week sometime I will have a new part. I didn't know how hard it would be to work out 8 peoples problems. Next time will be longer with a little of everyone. Thanks for all the feedback!

The party was out of control. Liz had not wanted to come, but Maria had begged her. Her friend had convinced her nothing would go awry between her sisters and the restaurant for the few hours she was gone. As she looked around, she let the atmosphere filled with excitement wash over her. Glancing around her, she noticed many of the seniors she graduated with, along with a few younger students in grades below as well as some people who had to be in their early twenties.

She finally spotted Maria dancing with a few girls in what she could only assume was once a living room considering all the furniture now pressed back to the walls, making room for a makeshift dance floor.

Making her way into the kitchen, she saw the punch bowl. Pouring a drink, her eyes were drawn further outside the doors of the kitchen to the patio. Looking out, she was intrigued by the high schoolers fully enjoying themselves with the kegs.

She was only on her second glass of punch, but the alcohol was taking its toll. She was a lightweight. Never drinking more than a sip – and that was on a dare. She spotted Maria again and waved. She needed to find a bathroom. Maybe a little cold water in the face would help her wake a little. Shutting the door behind her, she was surprised to see someone in the bathroom.

“Well, look at Perfect Parker. Didn’t think you had it in you.”

“It seems the shocks run both ways. I expected you to be getting gang banged, but yet here you are with no men in sight,” she could not believe that had come out of her mouth. Maybe she had found her backbone, but she had a feeling it was more to do with the punch she was consuming. The spiked punch seemed to loosen her mouth which she considered a plus when Pam was concerned.

Pam’s face was priceless. A mixture of shock and rage burned from her eyes as Pam narrowed her glaze onto her nemisis. “Parker you better watch yourself. I mean you wouldn’t want your little secrets to get out, would you?”

Liz started to frown, wondering what exactly Pam knew about her.

“If my mother didn’t love me, I think I would be just as sad as you pathetic Parker. You are such a homely, sad, useless, loser that even your mother couldn’t stand you. The only thing you have ever done is use that brain of yours.”

“What are you, stalking me Pam? How would you, the blow queen of Roswell, know what my mother thought of me?” Liz really needed to get out of the small bathroom.

Pam’s grin became bigger, “I do frequent that dive you work at, and I was there before your parents died. While everyone else might overlook it or have forgotten, I do remember all those words your mother said to you.”

Pam just looked at Liz, as if she was studying something on the bottom of her shoe, figuring out the best way to scrap the offending piece of material off. “I do have to give your mom credit though. She was right. You’re never going to be loved. All you have going for you is your brain. YO uhave nothing to offer any man. I mean, who wants you when they could have your sisters? You are completely unlovable and that will never change.”

Liz couldn’t move. She wasn’t even sure if she was breathing. Pam knew more about her than she had every thought. The sudden click of the door shutting interrupted her thoughts in the small quiet bathroom.

She thought to the hours before the party. Her speech had been moving, the small dinner with Maria and her mother, along with both her sisters had been perfect. How had the day turned to shit?

She needed a drink. She was going to prove to Pam, her mom, anyone that questioned her ability to be desirable, to be loveable, that she was worthy. Liz Parker was not just smart, she was lovable too. In the back of her mind, she could hear her mother’s voice whispering. The voice clearly saying how unlovable she was. The fact she was unlike her sisters. Her chest to small, her hair to brown, and her mind to independent.

She was going to drink that voice away. Liz Parker was loveable. She wasn’t just a brain and she was going to prove it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria really wished Liz would come dance. She was just glad she got her out of the house and into the world of the living. Her shock was tangible when she had noticed Liz drinking the punch.

Walking outside, Maria just needed a quiet moment and a break for the nonstop party that had started right after graduation. Maria had never been more proud of her friend then when she had heard the speech Liz had given. It had been beautiful. Isabel, Tess, and her mother had been so excited and happy for both Liz and her.

She noticed a few of the wannabe frat boys glancing at her from the keg. Maria wasn’t in the mood for this. She knew they had to know of her track record with guys. Never did she allow them to get close. She would have a good time but that was it. No love, no emotions, just a good time.

She preferred it that way. No emotional ties equaled no heartbreak. If the left or things didn’t work out, no one got hurt. No one felt his or her heart being crushed. No expectations for anything.

Maria was in control. She had a plan, one that could not be deviated from. She would earn her Bachelors, get a Masters, maybe go further. She was happy with just a Master’s. She would have a house in her name, a car in her name, everything she wanted in her name alone. If a man came along and she felt they had some sort of companionship, they would work it.

Who needed marriage? It was a heartache waiting to happen. She could remember what had happened between her mother and father. The way the asshole had taken everything because her mother did not have one piece of property in her name. Her loser father had come from money while her mother was disowned and thrown out with nothing. The court case had been brutally and awful for all involved.

She had learned from an early age, men were not a way out. She had to make it herself. She had to take care of her problems alone. She could have everything she needed without a man holding her back. After all who needed love with all the broken promises and heartache that followed.

Shacking herself out of her thoughts, she wondered where Liz was. If she had left, Maria would have seen her. Getting up, Maria walked back into the dance area to start the search. She heard groaning in the corner of the room, and noticed her idiotic cousin on the floor. Never one to pass up a good rubber necking opportunity, especially when Sean was involved, she went closer to him.

“What happened dingle berry?”

“What you hear to protect Parker now? My boys have been through enough for one night.” Glancing into her face, “I promise I, I, I’ll leave her alone from now on. No more messing or flirting or touching.”

“You know, seeing you like this, does something really special to me, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside,” breaking out into a wide smile at his anger, she continued, “but I don’t have a clue what your talking about?”

“I’m talking about Parker kneeing me. Shit Maria, I said I was sorry. I thought we could rekindle the spark between us. Get back to the good times.”

“You idiot, the only good times she had with you was before you picked the locks and stole for her.”
She felt a little bad for him, seeing him hunched in the corner clutching the family jewels, but he had to deserve whatever Liz doled out. Thinking about Liz, “Do you know where Liz is? I haven’t been able to find her. She just disappeared on me.”

“No man, I ain’t seen her. She took off running out the door after she grinded my nuts to dust.”

“And you just let her leave? God Sean, you are hopeless.”

With that she left him there, wondering what he had down that pissed her best friend off so bad she had used physical force.

Running out the door she glanced all around the house trying to find her friend. Straining her eyes she scanned the area trying to glance someone walking, running in the distance.

Not seeing a thing, she realized the bad situation this was turning into. Liz was drunk, alone, and wandering the streets. She needed help with finding her. Reaching into her pocket, she grabbed her phone and called the one person she could count on to help her.

“Iz, yeah, there might be a problem. It seems Liz is, um, she’s, you know, drunk …. and wandering the streets somewhere. I can’t, I don’t … she just disappeared Isabel.”
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

chapter 5

Post by StarCharms »

Marry Mary - Pam is goin' to get it! Believe me Liz will have her happiness! She has two crazy sisters she has to put up with. And of course with Max on the loose, she is going to have to do something about Pam. Thanks for the fb.

begonia9508 - LOL, your right. Liz shouldn't let it bother her, but she has history with Pamzilla. Someone is saving Liz in this chapter. Wonder who, hmm? :wink: Liz is crazy, but not that crazy. Thank you for reading and responding!

keepsmiling7 -Promise, nothing bad happens, I'm more of a fluff writer, I guess. Now, if the right guy came around - while she wasn't drunk as a skunk - maybe a lil' sumthin' sumthin' would happen, but nope. I tired believe me. I have tried to put some crazy stuff in here, but I just can't. It's like real life is darma enough. Yes Pam, is a totally psycho, but here is a reason. It will be relieved in a few chapters. Thank you for your fb.

zaneri1 - Yeah Liz and Tess are friends as well as sisters. Sisters have a special relationship I think. You can be mean as a viper to each other, than 2 mins. later you're cool and talking to each other. Their mother? hmm, I really wanna tell you, but I can't give it away :wink: Kyle and Tess are going to have a lot of fun working out her problems. Thanks for reading and fbin'

If anyone else is reading this, thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

AN: Someone is signing a song by Katy Perry, it’s in italics.

Isabel had listened to Maria rattle on about a wounded Sean, the street walker also known as Pam, and something about freakizoids. Time was being wasted.

“Maria, I need you to listen to me. Don’t freak out. Keep it together. I’ll get a hold of Tess and we will all go looking for Liz.” Isabel took a deep breath and forced the panic from her chest. Roswell was small. Finding her would be easy. She needed to organize, plan, find a way to attack the problem. Feeling the calmness start to seep in, the block on her chest loosened.

“Maria, you are going to walk up and down that neighborhood looking for Liz. I’ll take this end of town, sticking close to the Crash in case she heads back this way. Tess will drive around in the car okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll walk down the street. And when I find her, I’m going to strangle her. Bye”

No sooner did she hang the phone up when Tess appeared.

“Okay Tess, we have a problem. Liz took off from the party. Something happened, now she’s off wandering the streets.”

“Oh no. I will stay here Iz and watch for her. I keep outside looking down the streets to see if she’s headed this way.”

“No, YOU are going to drive the car up and down this town to see if you can stop her. I am going to wait to see if comes here.”

Tess really couldn’t believe her sister could be this uptight. Now was not the time to fight it out. Walking out the door, Tess turned around, “You know Isabel, instead of ordering me around like some sorta Nazi, and you could have just asked me to do this instead.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max looked around the neighborhood he and his roommates now called home. It was … different. Not better or worse than the places, he had lived since being out on his own. He felt a sense of community and belonging. Neighbors had offered to help his friends and him unload the moving truck. Women had come bearing plates of food to official walking them to the neighborhood.

Different – yeah different was the right word.

Moving to his truck, he reached in to grab his cell phone. As he straightened up, he swore he hard singing. Off-key singing. Looking up and down the sidewalks, he squirted as he noticed something moving down the walkway.

You’re from a whole other world, a different dimension …” the singer had become distracted by a crack in the sidewalk, tripping slightly. “ I’m ready to go, lead me into the light …” the voice suddenly trailed off when they noticed Max staring underneath the street lamp on the road.

“Oh my god! 007. Fancy meeting you here!”

He noticed that whoever this was apparently knew him.

“What the hell?” he wondered out loud, “007?”

“Yeah, Bond. James Bond.” The singer had moved closer. The light from the lamp highlighting the soft features of her face. “Max Evans, I can’t help but be a little sad and concerned you don’t remember my name. Maybe I need to step up the sexy in that uniform”

He began to realize he was missing something. The girl was out at night, wandering around a neighborhood, singing songs, and stumbling around. “Are you … Liz, I’m sorry to ask this, but are you drunk?”

“Why yes, Double 0 7, I would say that I am drunk.” She came closer, checking him over, running her hands up and down his chest. As she moved her hands to his back and started to reach further down, he pushed her back a little while holding her arms.

“Let’s, um, let’s get into the house okay?”

Pulling her to the proach“007 are you trying to take advantage of me?” She slid a flirty smile onto her face, moving her body along with her lips stretch up to move closer and closer to his, her eyes half closed, staring straight into his. “’Cause I gotta be honest, I’m a more than willing participant.”

Shaking his head, he thoughts started running rampant with the images of what her body and words stirred in him. His head started to close the distinct between them. He could feel her breath rushing out to meet his lips. Her eyes started to close. With one more look into her almost closed eyes, he slid his lids closed and bridge the small distance between him and heaven.

“LIZ! Thank you, oh mother Earth! I found you.”

Almost, he was almost there.

He opened his eyes to see Liz, grinning and smiling. “Maria!” She turned her stunning smile towards him. “It’s Maria.”

Escaping from his embrace, Liz moved to hug her friend. “Liz, I’m totally happy your okay and in one piece. I’m going to kick your ass and Iz will kill you when she sees you, but what the hell are you doing with this random dude?”

Maria didn’t know what to do first. Call Isabel, choke Liz out, or question her and the obvious closeness between her and this stranger. The nosiness consumed her first.

“Who the hell is this guy?”

“It’s 007, Maria. He not a random guy,” she was being pulled by her friend closer to whoever this 007 was. “You know, Kyle’s friend. Max. He found me.”

“Yeah, I noticed her walking down the street. I was, just um, taking her inside to call her sisters.”

“And then you what? Thought Lizzie needed some CPR? A little mouth-on-mouth resuscitation?” Maria wasn’t going to let this guy get away.

Reaching up to rub the back of his neck, Max started sputtering, trying red. “Yea … No, I mean no. Can we just go inside?”

“Is there a toll to go in to your humble abode?” Smiling at Max, as she and Liz climbed the porch to reach the door, “I gotta tell you, I’m not kissing you.”

He turned a brighter red, “Yeah, um no, there is no kisses needed.” He sneaked his eyes back towards Liz.

As she moved to cross the threshold of his home, she heard someone say “You have got to be fuckin’ kidding me. Who the hell invited the Queen of babble here?”

The Neanderthal from the other night was starting at her. “Great, just great,” she mumbled under her breath.

“Maxwell, what the hell is going on?” Michael wasn’t in the mood for a battle today. Maybe he should have shut his mouth, but he couldn’t help what escaped.

As Max explained all the details he had to his friend, Maria was busy telling Liz to call her sisters.

“Maria … I just”, Liz was interrupted from finishing by Max.

He looked at Liz than at Maria. “We could order pizza. Call your sisters and tell them to come to our house.” Liz smiled. Maria, however, was not buying what he was selling. “Liz can sober up. And we can all hang out, you know, get to know each other.” Looking into the kitchen he spotted Kyle. “And Kyle, I’m sure he would like to catch up with Isabel and you guys.” He would sell his kidneys for Liz just stay with him a little longer.

Max and Liz stood there, looking into each other eyes. Liz smiled at Max, reached for Maria’s cell phone, and said “Alright, just let me talk to my sisters.”

Max could feel his heart start to beat again at her words. He didn’t know what was going to happen, he just knew that somehow he had a connection with a woman he barely knew. This was the happiest he had felt in a long time.
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 6

Post by StarCharms »

keepsmiling7 - The one thing I loved the most about Roswell was the connection between Max and Liz. I'm glad your liking this. Thanks. :D

valentinebaby - lol, yeah. I'm glad you like drunk Liz. She's more her true self. Maria, you're right. Right now Maria nows Liz is buzzin' so she's not going to say anything. Thank you for your fb :D

begonia9508 - Yeah Liz gets, I guess what you call beer bravery. LOL - i think we all know people who get something wrong with them when they drink. One friends cries rivers, one acts like a totally fool, one gets beer muscles, and me - I get extremely happy and goofy.

And your right, addressing Pam is really not worth it. But since Pam holds a very important secret, Liz is going to have to grow a backbone, stop being so timid, and confront the chick. Thank you for fbin'! :D

Thanks to everyone else reading! I'm hoping ya'll like it!

All of the ladies in the fic have some changing to do. The only one that may seen an unknown is Tess. She's going to get her day soon!

Chapter 6
Tess was seeing red. That shank Pam Tory was going to learn about keeping her mouth shut. She was going to cut her down to size. Tess had never understood why Liz had befriended Pam in in 8th grade. Now it was coming to bite them in the ass. Pam knew the secret Liz did not know. Or maybe she did. Liz had to have known. No one could go 18 years in a small town without hearing gossip. If not Liz than surely Maria would have heard the truth.

Maybe Liz did know, but decided not to say anything to her sisters. Yeah, Tess thought, and tomorrow Liz will become a stripper. Liz withholding information was just as likely. The blonde could not figure out how Pam knew, when Liz had no idea.

Tess knew what her mother had said to Liz every time she thought the younger Parker had somehow bested her two favorites. Once upon a time, Tess had believed Isabel and she were better than Liz. More important, more beautiful, and more of a Parker.

Nancy had seethed with hate whenever their grandmother Claudia would visit, spending most of her time with the young brunette Liz. Her mother considered the favoritism unfair and an insult. Tess realized as she grew, it wasn’t that her grandmother disliked Isabel or she, Liz and their grandmother had a connection. Liz resembled their grandmother both in looks and in personality.

Each daughter was loved by her father, but due to Nancy’s constant berating Liz, Jeff made up for what Liz lacked in love from a mother figure. When Isabel and Tess had been younger, they had followed their mother’s example for treatment towards Liz. Isabel had outgrown it quicker than Tess. The emotions inside of Tess’s chest started to swell and tighten. She was much less harsh on her younger sister than Isabel because of the pain Tess had put Liz though during adolescence.

Tess would take care of Pam and insure her sister was happy. One of the Parker sisters deserved to be at least.

Eyeing the huge UFO above the family business, Tess pulled over to pick up Isabel.

“I can’t believe this. What in the hell was going through Liz’s head.”

“Isabel, this is, like, the first time Liz has ever done anything crazy. Give the girl a break”

“Really Tess? That’s the advice you have for our baby sister?” hissed Isabel, “It’s not about the drinking. It’s about her running away in the middle of the night were anything could have happened to her. I know why you would be okay with her taken off. I mean, that is what you do on regular bases. You leave and tell no one, you come and go as you please. Thank you for your insight.”

“You know what Isabel? Let’s just not talk for the rest of the ride.” Tess did not want her sister to know how much her words cut her. She gripped the steering wheel tighter and drove the car to Milky way Road in silence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria had enough of Michael. She was ready to tear his tongue out while snatching his eyes from their socket. Usually no one could match wits with Maria DeLuca. She was finding out Michael was a worthy opponent. She was both pissed off and oddly intrigued.

“You know what your problem is Deluca?”

“No, please oh enlightened one, tell me what my problem is.”

“You need to find a use for that mouth of yours besides sarcastic one-liners.”

“Really? You seriously think my problem couldn’t be you?” She narrowed her eyes, “I was fine before you stuck that fucking bacteria covered appendage you call a hand onto my mouth.”

“Are you serious? This is what it’s all about? Get a grip and grow up,” he had softened his voice. “I was just trying to protect you incase that chick went bat shit, okay.”

“I can take care of myself just fine thank you.” Grinning, she tilted her head to the side, “After all, I’ve survived 18 years without you, your majesty, I think I can make it 18 more years.”

Michael cleared his thoart, "Yeah, well, just trying to prepare for the job."

He moved out of the room to join Kyle and Alex in the kitchen.

She moved through the house to find Liz. The way Max and Liz had been staring at each other made her want to hurry up and see if progress had been made. It also didn’t help that her find was drunk Being taken advantage of was not top on the list for things Liz should do.

She moved from the entrance way, making her way into the living room. From appearances it seemed Liz was just fine.

Liz was having a ball. The radio was turned up, and yes her friend doing the "Electric Slide".

“No Max. You have to move like this.” Liz turned towards him trying to show her new friend how to dance. He seemed to have some kind of rhythm, at least that was a plus. He just refused to put his hips into the dance.

“Maybe you should just watch some more. That, 007, is awful, you gotta make your booty shack.”

At that moment there was a knock on the door. Rushing to open it, Alex was greeted by the wonderful sight of the lovely Isabel Evans.

“”Welcome ladies to casa de Whitman, Guerin, Valenti, y Evans. Would either of you …” he was pushed out of the way by Isabel.

“Where is she? Liz Parker! Get your ass out her right this minute!” Isabel was not going to play games. Sure, it would be nice to unwind, chat with an old friend, and maybe make new ones, but she had the issue of a delinquent sister to deal with.

Seeing her younger sister dancing increased her wrath. She had worried herself to death until Tess had called her with information on Liz’s whereabouts. Now, her sister was just hanging out, having fun. Acting as if she had not physical assaulted Sean DeLuca while escaping a house where she had partaken of alcohol after Isabel had told her not to touch the stuff.

“Well Liz, you seem not to have a care in the world.”

“Hey Izzie. I was, we were … look, Max can do the 'Electric Slide'.”
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Waiting for a Change (AU, CC, MATURE) C7

Post by StarCharms »

keepsmiling7 - The Electric Slide is this really fun line dance, maybe there is some youtube video or website for all things Electric Slide :D - About Isabel, you are right. Poor Isabel, she really does have to be a mother. It's a really delicate line to walk between sister/mother. Could she do something to improve her happiness as well as her sisters? Yeppers. So why doesn't she? Hmm... Thank you for the fb! I'm glad you liked it.

valentinebaby - Liz isn't so much as a misfit as unwanted. Family, especially a mother or father, can manipulate young children into behaving inexcusable against each other. She was very mistreated by her mother, Tess was a close second, but Isabel kinda understood what was happening, so she was removed from the whole mommy issue thing going on. -More will be relived about this.

However you are right. Isabel really needs to back it up some. She is too overbearing, too worried, and too controlling. Tess has a BAD attitude that needs to change. Is it from mommy or from other factors too? Thank you for feedbacking, I'm glad you like it.

Natalie36 - I'm happy you like it! Thanks for your feedback.

begonia9508 - I agree. Liz has some problems that needs to be worked out with her and her sisters. They have VERY complicated relationships with each other. But in the defense of Iz and Tess, Liz has YET to say anything about their craziness. Thank ya for reading and responding. Glad you liked it.

Ginger - Thanks for the banner! I'm still over the moon about it! Anywho, Liz really should have just got in Pam's buttay for her mouth, but she's not at that point yet. Gotta build that confidence. Who better than Max to help her out? They are VERY, VERY dysfunctional. But that's what happens when instead of talking to each other you either yell, pick at faults, or never stay a word.

You sumed it up best when you said
They're trying to cope and doing the best they can with what they've learned and experienced. We all do...
- We are on the same brain wave with that one.
All they can do is try to make it work and change and grow together to make each other the best they can be. It's hard though when they have all this dramarama going on in there lives. Thanks for your feedback AND the BANNER!! :D

LovelyPOM83 - Thank you :D. Liz is the black horse with her mother, but can the same be side that Tess and Isabel fill that way? Only time will tell.
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as that way with my family.
Me too, amigo - and most of the time I'm happy about it :lol: I'm happy you like the Max and Liz chemistry. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

zaneri1 - I aim to please :) . I hope I'm funny, but sometimes my sense of humor is a little whacked out. You somehow got my lucky charms by cracking the code of Liz and Mommy Dearest. And Tess - gesh, what can I say about Tess. The girl has problems. And the reason why is coming out in the a few chapters. LOL - well Isabel really starts to look at Alex in a different light after this chapter. I'm glad you liked it and left feedback.

blxgyrl18 - Thanks you. I wasn't so much scared of level of the River as of the leeves failing from all the water stuck there for weeks, creating sand boils and all that. I'm glad you are okay as well. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the fb.

I just wanna stay, I know it's seems like I'm a "Chatty Kathy" :roll: , but I feel you guys take time out to leave feedback, so I can take time out to write a response.

One more thing, mary mary made a fabulous banner for me! Please check it out. Thanks bunches!

Chapter 7
Isabel watched her sister squirm. “Really Liz? What next? You gonna teach him how to ‘Dougie’”?

“Get real Iz.” Liz rolled her eyes, “I’m only having a little fun. You remember what fun is, right?”

The blonde’s nostrils flared, “Yes, I remember fun.”

“Could have fooled me. You sure sucked the fun right out of this room.”

“Excuse me for being concerned for my sister. I won’t make this mistake again. Next time you’re wondering around town drunk, don’t wonder if I will come.” Isabel pivoted on her heel looking for the exit to the house.

“You really should have been a little nicer to you sister Liz.” Max said. “She was only looking out for you.”

“Very astute assumption there Max.”

Liz looked at him, ready to finish her fight, but the words died on her lips when she saw the hurt look he gave her.

“Look, I’m sorry. I was just trying to have fun,” she looked into his hurt face, “I just had a really bad night. I know I should have never started drinking. And I most definitely should have told Maria I was leaving.”

Max graced her was a half smile, “Why didn’t you just tell your sister that?” He watched as Liz shrugged her shoulders, Max finished, “Maybe you should check her and work it out.”

“You know my 007 friend, I really like having you around. Your just full of golden nuggets of advice.” Liz said smiling.

Max and Liz stood there staring into each other’s eyes. As his face stated to lean down closer to those lips he longed to taste, Liz stood up on her tip toes. His hand slowly reached up, touching her face as Kyle rushed into the room with Maria and Tess.

Tess looked on as her sister and Max quickly sprung apart.

“What the hell happened between you and Iz, Liz? She sittin’ outside on the steps crying.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isabel left the house in a huff. She plopped down on the steps in an un-lady like manner, a manner Isabel never did.

How dare her sister excuse her of being a party pooper. Hell, this was not even a party.

She had thought Liz understood the responsibility she felt for both her sisters’ well-being. Tess was the one to always rebel, always say hurtful things.

She felt someone sit down on the step above her. Turning to look, she saw Kyle’s friend Alex.

“I’m sorry. This is a private moment … I really would like to be alone.”

“I like this town. It’s nice to just sit here, being able to look at the stars.”

“Yeah, it’s a big ball of fun. Just like me. Fun, fun, fun.”

“Iz, it’s okay if I call you Iz right?” At her nod, he continued, “I may not know much about you or your sisters, but you did a brave thing.”

“Yep I’m a modern day Wonder Woman. All I need know is the golden lasso.”

“I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy, but I’m trying to be serious here.”

Shirting her body, Isabel looked at Alex for the first time. When they had first been introduced, she had barely paid attention. At the door earlier, he had been ignored out of concern for her sister. Now, she was really looking at him, taking in his presence, his ways, his genuine concern for her. She felt bad for the way she was handling this.

“I, um … thank you.”

“I don’t want a thank you, I mean what I say. From what Kyle has said, you gave up your life to come home and help your sisters out. If anyone should be thanking you, maybe it should be them.”

Alex was startled when she started to laugh, “Yeah, well maybe you should go explain that to them.” Clearing her throat, she turned her body, and once again stared at the sky, “Liz, I thought she got it. I know she understood what I have given up. But Tess, I don’t know. Tess and I have never been the closest, but I thought she understood. But now … I don’t know.”

Alex sensed the upset Isabel held inside, “Do you know how the story about the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper?”

She shook her head.

“Well, Zeus fell in love with a mortal woman named Callisto. They had a baby, a son. When Hera, Zeus’s wife, found out, she changed Callisto into a bear. Once the son had grown, he was a avid hunter, just as his mother was. One day the son was walking in the woods and spotted a bear. The bear was Callisto. She had never seen her son, not once in all his years of growing, but she knew in her heart his was her son. The bear started to run to get closer to her son. As Callisto got closer, he son feared for his life. He gathered his bow and arrow, aimed for the heart, and was fixing to shot his mother. Zeus, who had been watching all this, changed his son into a bear. Hera was still unhappy though. She convinced the goddess Artmetis to hunt both Callisto and her son. Zeus, fearing for both lives, placed his love and their son in the sky.”

“That’s beautiful as well as disturbing.”

“Now, do you know the one about Orion and the Scorpion?”

Once again, she shook her head.

“The scorpion stung Orion on his heel. They both were placed among the stars, chasing each other across the sky. Sometimes it is Orion who runs from the scorpion, sometimes it’s the scorpion fearing Orion, whose arrow is pointed straight at the scorpions heart.”

They sat there, gazing at the stars, taking in the quiet of the night.

Saying what he really thought was going to upset her, but he felt compelled to tell her.

“Can I ask you why you never want back to school? I’m sure you thought about it.”

“I have. A lot. I think about how wonderful it would be to finish, to go out into the real world, to acheive all my hopes and dreams. Then I remember that I have two sisters to look after, I remember I have the Crashdown to ran. With Liz in college now, I won’t be able to for a few years.”

“I meant it when I said you were brave. You can’t let fear rule your life.” She was just about to interrupt, “Let me finish. Sometimes, in life, we have to do things that are incredibly difficult. Like Zeus in the story, he placed his love and son into the heavens to protect them.”

“It’s just a story Alex, not a guidebook”

“Well which would you be? Orion and the Scorpion who never stop chasing each other because of fear? Or Zeus, who did something difficult, taking a chance? Sometimes you got to trust in those around you, they make a difficult life, a difficult decision, easier.”

“Yes, because I’ve never done anything difficult in my life. Leaving college, losing my parents, none of that was difficult.” She was starting to yell, “How can you sit there telling me anything, you don’t know me.”

“You’re right, I don’t know you. I would like to. I see a beautifully brave person sitting in front of me. You have a lot more to offer this town then serving greasy food to the masses. If you want to stay here, stay here in Roswell. I’m just saying don’t give up your life for the happiness of others. Your sisters will be just fine. Your world will not fall apart if someone other than you runs the Crashdown for you to take classes to finish your degree.”

He got up to go back inside the house, “Just think about it. You cannot live your life though your sisters. It’s time you started to think about you for a while.”

Isabel was in shock. No one had ever talked to her so bluntly. Liz hinted around and Tess stated screaming. “Thanks Alex.” she said as she watched him walk into the house.

“All I’m saying is sometimes it’s has to be about you, no one else.” He hoped she felt the sincerity of his speech to her.

Turning her eyes back to the constellations across the sky, she felt tears gather in her eyes as she finely thought of the mess her life had become since she had surrendered her life to running the Crashdown and making her sisters’ dreams come true.

As the tears started to fall, she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up as her sister sat down beside her, embracing her in a heartfelt hug.

“Thanks, Liz” she whispered into the night.
Last edited by StarCharms on Mon May 23, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 8 6/28/11

Post by StarCharms »

valentinebaby wrote:I'm not sure whether to like Alex and his speech or whether to think he's a jerk. On one hand he really doesn't know much about her or her life, on the other I think she needed to hear that from an outsider.
LOL … I can understand why you feel that way, but Alex was really looking at for Isabel. It’s like one of those random meetings that somehow opens the eyes of the recipient of the wise advice. And the reason Alex side it rather than her sisters or even Kyle is because he is an outside with no bias, no motives, he just really seems to genuinely care about Isabel. Thank you for the feedback.
keepsmiling7 wrote:Again I say, Isabel has the most difficult task.....trying to be mother, running the Crashdown.....and being Wonder Woman afterall.Alex provided some excellent advice, hope Isabel will start to take it even though she really didn't know Alex.
I agree and am glad you see what I tried to get across - Isabel has a lot of stuff on her plate. The real question is why does Isabel continue to keep all those tasks instead of doing something she loves? I enjoy hearing your feedback, thanks!
mary mary wrote:Let's hope Isabelle takes what Alex had to say to heart and starts to do a little for herself. Right now she's being a martyr, which isn't good for any of them. Tess and Liz are both old enough to take on a little responsibility too.
Nice chapter...
Ginger
Yep, yep, yep. Isabel is totally playing the martyr. Is there a reason for it? I’ve tried to leave little clues, but will see. Tess has some serious problems which will get into in this part. I agree both Liz and Tess are adults. Very insightful stuff you have going on, thanks for the feedback.
begonia9508 wrote:Really great part!
Alex and the stars? :shock: :lol: He is right: the stars are so beautiful and like the ones he told, basis for wonderful stories....
And he was also right in his speech: even if Izzy felt responsible for her sisters, they aren't babys anymore and she must learn to let them make theirs own mistakes... only way to learn how to grow up! :roll:
Thanks - EVE :mrgreen:
I know. It’s really is just totally out of left field that I choose Alex, Isabel, and some stars. What can I say, total genius LOL. I’m glad you liked the stories … let’s me know I’m not completely crazy, just kidding. And I’m glad you got what Alex was saying … Isabels sisters are grown. Thanks for the feedback
Natalie36 wrote:oh i love alex :D
Yeah, I kinda dig Alex too. He did not let any bull crap-a-roni go done with Isabel. That’s how I felt it was on the show as well. He didn’t allow her to walk all over him, but he handled her was a gentle, self-assured manner. Thanks for the feedback, I glad you like Alex.
zaneri1 wrote:I love Alex's advice. Sometimes you need someone who is on the outside to help you see what is going on because it is difficult to do while you are in the midst of chaos. Especially family chaos where emotions run high and regardles of what happens you cannot divorce your family especially when it is small and it is all you have. I sooo identified w/Isabel & Alex - Thanks :)
You are so right on! As it was for Isabel and Alex on the show, Alex was able to make Isabel look beyond the fact they were aliens, and recognize her actions matter and she had a heart. I tried to capture that. I’m glad you saw it and identified with it. Thanks for the feedback.

Chapter 8

Liz studied both her sisters and her friend as she made her way into the dining area of the Crashdown. She tried to sneak past her eldest sister. Another lecture was not on her agenda today. If she could make it to Maria or Tess without Isabel’s freakishly super hearing noticing her movements, Liz would be in the clear.

She moved silently towards the double swing doors, repeating the mantra “I am a ninja. I am a ninja. I am a ninja,” in her head. She was just a few inches from freedom. Liz extended her hand to push, and …

“I know you’re there Liz.”

Busted. She went though the options available to her predicament. She could ran back upstairs, down her fire escape, and enter through the front of the diner. She could pretend she didn’t hear Isabel and keep on her path through the doors. Or she could be an adult and acknowledge her sister.

“I totally knew that you knew I was here,” pausing Liz tired to predict if her sister had bought it.

Maria had once told her everyone gave off vibes. If a person could tune into those vibes, the emotions and mood of those around them could be understood. Liz was not so sure that really worked. However, she was changing her theory. She felt the chilly feelings Isabel seemed to be directing her way.

“Yeah. I could tell from the way you were eyeing the stairs back to the apartment.”

“Well Iz. I’ve really enjoyed this conversation, but I need to get back to my shift so …”

“I really just wanted to say that I’m not mad. Hell, I wasn’t mad when I had to get you from Kyle’s house. I just worry about you.”

Liz reached up to give her sister a hug. “I know that Iz. I’ve got to be allowed to fall and blunder my way though life. Just because you and Tess have made decisions that were horrible, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be allowed the same.”

“I promise I’ll TRY to keep my nose out of your business and my mouth shut regarding your decisions,” Isabel in a humorous voice.

Liz wanted to roll her eyes and scream until her sister understood what she meant. “I want you to keep your nose in my business and your mouth running with critiques, but I need you to stop being a mother hen and be my sister. I need a sister now,” blowing a frustrated breath out, she stopped to try gain control before she blew up, “I need a sister, not a prison guard. I’m 18, an adult. Let me be one. I love you Iz, but you need to let me have the keys to my tower.”

Her sister nodded her head. “I’ll try.”

“Thanks, that’s all I ask. I’m going to go out to, you know, actually work now.”

Isabel watched her sister leave with a heavy heart. She wanted to best for both her sisters, but especially for Liz. Liz who had been blamed for her mother’s mistakes, her sweet little sister. She didn’t want to see that innocence, her beautiful peaceful soul to become darkened with the evils of the world.
Isabel just wanted to help Liz to make up for the bad childhood she knew her sister had experienced. She forced herself to think and list all the tasks she had to complete before the lunch rush. She decided that maybe she should talk to the star guy, Alex, again soon. He seemed to give good advice and he was a person removed from the personal and emotional conflicts the sisters seemed to have.

Maybe she could hint about the house to Maria, see if she could get any information about . Liz would be a no go, thinking Isabel was trying to pry and protect. Tess wouldn't even give her the time day.
Straightening her spine, Isabel pushed herself to full height, put a smile on her face, and went outside the doors playing the act she had for the last few years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tess wanted to roll her eyes at the speckle both her sisters were making. The kissy, kissy bullshit was way out of her level of tolerance. She saw Liz leave the backroom, making her way towards Maria. She glanced back at the door and meet Isabel’s gaze.

For the first time in years, Tess really looked at her sisters and within herself. Liz had lost her spark somewhere along the way. No longer did Liz feel as she had three years ago. Her youngest sister seemed to have lost the ability to understand how smart, how wonderful, how beautiful she really was. And Tess felt partly responsible for her part in the breakdown of her sister’s confidence.

Glancing at her statuesque sister, it was easy to spot that Isabel had lost her drive for her dreams. She did not talk about owning her business as she had just a year ago. Her older sister had simply given up her own dreams to run the Crashdown. Tess had explained the idea of a manager to her sister many times. If Isabel would only hire someone to run the day-to-day operation of the business, it would free up time for her to continue with the event business Isabel had wanted.

Tess knew that her sisters thought the same of her. Something had change in her as well.

“Hey, Tess, you think I can get some coffee?”

Kyle. Another person she wasn’t prepared to deal with today.

“Well if it isn’t Deptuy Doofus and Deptuy Lovestruck,” she said in a wickedly sweet voice. “I could give you coffee … I think I’m going to let Liz help with this request. That is, if you can pull her eyes off of Tweedle dee behind you,” she pointed at Max.

“I think Liz can handle Max, but I’m still in need of coffee,” he pointed to Liz and Max, talking, laughing, invading personal space, “or is that going to be a problem?”

Reaching over, she picked up the coffee pot, “No problem. Of course, we at the Crashdown are not responsible for any burns that occur.”

Kyle didn’t flinch. He keep his hand out, watching as Tess poured. As she moved to place the pot back on the burner, he leaned forward on the counter, “Whenever you get rid of that icy attitude, give me a call.”

“As if!” She watched as he waved as he pulled Max out the door. He was an arrogant bastard. He had been in high school and continued years later being full of himself.

“What's that about?” asked Maria as she moved past Tess to collect another plate for a customer.

Tess considered telling her friend the truth. It wasn’t Kyle, it was Tess. She wished she could tape her mouth. She could always feel thoughts racing in her brain, the words building in her throat, waiting to bust though her teeth in waves.

She immediately regretted the hurtful words and sarcastic barbs that flew though the air, ready to strike harm to the intended person. She knew it was her fault. All the rage she had built up from her past, all the things she wished she had said to both her parents and her siblings that she kept inside, balled in a knot. Tess understood how much her life would change if she went to a therapist or talked to someone.
Yet, even though she knew all this, she refused to help herself get better. Instead, she actively went about making it worse.

Tess looked Maria in the eyes, “Nothing. Everything is just fine,” she replied.
StarCharms
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 9

Post by StarCharms »

keepsmiling7 wrote:It appears that Tess needs to talk to a professional.....I loved Liz trying to sneak past Isabel......it never works Liz!Glad they had a good talk......hope to see Isabel acting more as a sister in the future......that's what Liz really needs now.Thanks for the update,Carolyn

Carolyn
– Tess has problems … we’ll find out some in this part. Yeah, Isabel takes everything on. It’s working against her. I’m glad you liked the part, thanks for the reply :D
mary mary wrote:You can lie to other people but when you try to lie to yourself you're heading for some real trouble! It just won't work because, under normal circumstances, the brain calls you on it! :wink: ginger
Ginger – LOL, ITA with you. Tess is kinda living in a desoultion world at the moment :roll: . She has lied, lied, lied to herself sooo much, she is confused on what is really happening. Thanks for the FB.
begonia9508 wrote:Really great part!Loosing both parents and being alone to take care does put you out of childhood and it was what happened to the three sisters!Considering Liz the most vulnerable of the three is falsh bc it has nothing to do with age but more with caracters... and even having lost some confidence Liz is still the same strong and reasonable person!Loved it and thanks! EVE :roll: :mrgreen:
Eve- Thank you! I’m glad you liked it. You’re right … Liz is not the most vulnerable, she just having problems right now. . Liz is trying to adjust to a life as an adult, establishing her freedom from her sisters, but she has to deal with Pam. She knows, but she doesn’t know wth Pam’s problem is .. that comes on part 11 :wink: … I have always seen Isabel and Tess as overbearing personalities … I wanted AU, but not sooo AU they were totally different from the show. I wanted to keep the basic underlying personality … I have always seen Liz as a strong chick, but she tends to try to understand everyone, and be fair … like how she vote for Tess to live. I’m seriously happy you loved it! :D Thanks for the feedback and your insight on Liz.
zaneri1 wrote:Oooh my heart goes out to Tess. It is so hard to get help sometimes because you are afraid of getting hurt or just afraid of change and not be in control. Again great chapter :D
Zaneri1 – did you steal my notes? :lol: ‘Cause I gotta say, you have hit the nail on the head with Tess. Thank you for the FB and I’m glad you were able to get that insight no Tess.

Chapter 9

Michael, Max, Kyle, and Alex sat in the office given to the four since they had received the honorable job of deputies. The office was an open space, housing four metal desks, two in front, and two in back. Each desk looked worse for ware then the next. One was missing the limanted table top, another seemed to bow under the weight of the computer place on top. Another was missing the metal stop on the bottom, making the desk wobble when weight was displaced on the table.

However, Michael’s was the worst. The top drawer of the desk would not shut completely, leaving half of the small drawer sticking out where his knees would hit the corner painfully. The drawer on the bottom only opened half way. Ever time he reached his hand in the drawer he had to be careful. If he moved his hand too much, a metal prong would scratch the top of his hand.

Kyle turned his head to the clock looking at the hands that contained police shields for arrows, a Christmas prank gift he had gotten for his father years before.

“Guys, it’s lunch time. What’s it gonna be today? I’m thinking some take-out … maybe Senor Chows.”

“Crashdown,” both Alex and Max exclaimed at the same time.

“No, no more Crashdown Whitman.” Michael was tired of hearing, talking, and seeing the damn Crashdown. Max and Alex seemed unable to think of anything else. “How about Hot Tamale Tacos?” Michael suggested.

“Look, it’s two against one against one,” Alex wanted the Crashdown. He was willing to try every trick he could to get it. “I’ll go get it. You guys can stay here.”

“I get it Alex. We all get it. You want to see the Queen Bee of your heart. Sorry dude, I’m tired of hamburgers.”

“Be that as it may, it’s still us against you and Kyle.” Alex grinned. “It’s your day, now go get our food.”

“Don’t be surprised if I spit in your food.”

Michael drove to the Crashdown. It was his unfortunate luck it was his day to collect the lunches, which was utterly ridiculous as Max or Alex would have been lit up like sunshine to come see their obsessions. If he had to hear one more time how beautifully wonderful Isabel was or how Liz all other women incomparable, he was going to choke someone.

Kyle was a traitor. If he had been up against those two, he would have changed his vote for Kyle.
He moved to the counter, waiting for someone to aknowledge his present. He looked for a waitress, spotting the gruff, lazy older lady Angus. She looked him in the eyes, toward around, hollered so was going for a smoke, and stomped off.

This was pissing him off. He had sat at the counter for at least fiveteen minutes waiting on a waitress. He spotted the Maria chick he had meet on occasion. “Hey, can I get some service over here?”

She rolled her eyes to the sky, sighed, then went into the backroom. Okay, he thought. He hadn’t started a fight, he was being courteous – well as courteous he could be, yet he couldn’t get a simple order though. He stood from his seat and marched into the room Maria had gone.

“Excuse me, stalker, you can’t be back here.” She pointed her finger in his face and then waved it to the sign posted on the wall. “I understand you can’t read given that your brain is the size of a monkey, but that sign … it says ‘Employees Only’ … let me break it down for you okay? IF you are employed by one Isabel Parker, you are considered an employee. Are you following me? Now if you are not a waitress, cook, manager, or bus boy you are not an employee … now being that you are not an employee …”

Michael couldn’t take his gaze away from the lips he had thought about for nights. The way her lips moved, forming words that seemed to far away for him to hear. The way her tongue poked out to wet her lips when she finally stopped for a breath. He wondered how he should go about capturing a kiss. Ask? No, Maria would most likely slap him. He decided to just go for it. Jump in head first and hope like hell she didn’t try to kill him.

“… and FYI, asshole yo-“His lips were upon hers. She froze, eyes open, wondering how it was possible he had thought a kiss would be welcome. She put her hands on his chest, ready to push him away. Then she felt the tingling start and closed her eyes.

When he needed to breath, he released her. As his moved his mouth from hers, he heard a whispered “Wow”
Taking in her flushed face, swollen lips, the rapid raise and fall of her chest, the way she had responded to the kiss, and the whisper he had heard, his male ego was swelling. “So it was as good for you as me?”

She stood up straight form the shelves she had been leaning on for balance, “Excuse me? What the fuck are you talking about? YOU attacked me.”

I’m talking about the ‘WOW’ you threw in.”

“I didn’t say ‘WOW’ I … I said … OW”

“OW?”

“Yeah OW! I think a spider … bee … bug thing bite me … hence the OW” Her mind was fogged. She doubted he believed her, her lie was pretty atrocious.

“Really?” He didn’t want to argue again, but this was unacceptable. HE finally thought he had her. She couldn’t get out of a make-out session. “Don’t lie, that kiss just blew your mind. It was of the knee-buckling variety you chicks seem to dig.”

“Get real. That kiss was mediocre at best. First kisses can feel that way from some Michael.” Patting him on the shoulder, she went in for the kill, “If I had known you were a kiss virgin, I would have went easier on you. You should keep practicing on your hand.” Maria made sure not to show her extreme pleasure when the scowl on his face deepened.

How dare he assume he could bring her to her knees with a simple kiss. It took at look more than a simple kiss to do that.

“Damn it, Maria!” He grabbed her by the hands, trying to get her attention, “This isn’t my first kiss. What the …” It was his turn to be silenced by a kiss.

The feeling was so different from the kiss before. It was hotter, setting ablaze a passion keep deep inside her heart. Her hands fisted in his shirt, tightly holding on to ground herself. Her had felt light, her legs like jelly.
Opening her mouth, she felt her tongue met his, playfully light. The fire was building inside her. They mouths moved harder against each other, almost as an attempt to devour the other. His hands crept downward, resting at the low dip of her back.

He felt her hold tighten on his shirt, stretching out the soft material. She was closer to him now. Pressed chest to chest, he could feel all of her against him. The harden tips of her nipples, the heat soaking though from her to his jeans. It made him burn for the body hidden under the turquoise uniform.

As his hands moved from the dip of her spine, rising to her silky hair, she pulled her lips from his. She moved out of his embrace, opened the small closet door, and walked out. Before she shut the door, she stood there, a triumph grin on her face, “And that, Michael Guerin, is how you bring someone to their knees with a kiss.” She watched as his head fell with a thud against the wall. His chest struggling to breathe the air that surround him. She walked away, wondering how she could get this little foray to happen once again in the near future.

Michael Guerin was a kissing God. She could not allow an opportunity to have the hottest make-out sessions of her life pass her. Even if the guy made her blood boil. Though she couldn’t tell if it was all because of the fighting or the sexual tension.

Michael waited a minute to get himself back under control. He managed to walk to his truck, drive back to work, all without wrecking. The intense kiss still lingering in his mind. His mind replaying the feel of her lips on his, the feel of her body against his.

As he walked in the door, he was greeted with anxious looks from his friends. All at once he was meet with questions.

Kyle looked at Michael, seeing his stoic friend smile with an almost pleasantly happy look. “Why are you so happy?”

Alex was hungry. He had been waiting for food close to thirty minutes now. “Where’s the food Guerin?”

Max saw Michael walk in with a happiness he had never seen his friend show “What the hell happened?”

Michael walked to his desk and sat down. “Sorry about the food. I kissed that Maria chick. I think I’ve met my match.”

“Well, I guess, well, uh, go get our own food … you want something?” Michael was glad Max had changed the subject. He didn’t like being the center of attention. He especially didn’t like his personal business to be a topic of discussion. He had opened up a little.

“Yeah, sure … bring me a something. Doesn’t matter.” As the guys left to get lunch Michael leaned back in his chair. Bending his elbows, he slipped his hands behind his head.

“God, what a woman,” was the only thought Michael could form in his desire-filled mind as he replayed the passionate, fervent kiss once again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her hands were covered in dust. Her tank top was wet from sweat. Her hair was messy. He face covered with dirt. Liz was ready for a shower.

Isabel had woken up and decided that all three sisters were to do a little summer cleaning. Each were scheduled off for the day and sister bonding was to take place.

They had been cleaning for hours. Talking about random things. For the first time in a long time, things seemed unstrained between Tess and Isabel. Tess was acting happy for the first time in months.
“Alight guys, we have totally whipped this place into shape.” Isabel was proud of how both sisters had handle things today. She was most surprised with Tess’s attitude change.

Tess grinned at her sister. “You were right Isabel. The living room looks so much better with the furniture arrangement.” For the first time in a long time, Tess had been genuinely happy today, even with Isabel being a task master. She had stopped any complaint before it left her mouth for the most part. Sure, one or two comments had slipped, but each was a little thing about how sweaty she was. Little things of no consequence, just comments.

Liz was at peace. Her sisters were getting along. There had been no fights during the entire time. “How about we have a movie night?” Liz wanted to spend more time in the company of her sisters. They all agreed to first take showers then go to get a movie. They each got a movie and returned home to watch.

Sitting on the couch, waiting for the movie to start, Isabel studied Tess. She had noticed Tess’s clothes becoming a little tight. It had become even more noticeable earlier when Tess had on a tight wife beater. Staring intently at Tess's stomach, Isabel gathered her courage. “Tess, I don’t want you to take this the wrong way, but … have you gained weight?”

Liz wanted to escape quickly. Everything had been going great, now Isabel had ruined it. “Really Isabel? Did you have to open your mouth?” Shaking her head, Liz told Tess she looked fine, and went into the kitchen to make popcorn.

Tess was scared. She believed it hadn’t been that noticeable. Her Crashdown uniform still fit. Her pants were a little snug, as were her shirts, but not so bad that someone could tell. At least that was what she thought before Isabel had questioned her. Her was her moment, she could come clean or she could delay the truth. Laughing she stated, “Gezz Isabel, I’ve been stuffing my face with hamburgers and space rings since Nick and I broke up a few months ago. Of course I gained weight.”

Isabel seemed happy with the answer, said she was sorry to both Tess and Liz, apologizing for ruining the night. As they settled into watching the movie again, Tess laid her hands protectively over her stomach. She just had to keep it together for the next few days then she would come clean.