Twilight Woods (XO,TWLT,ADULT,UC) Ch. 21 1/11 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Twilight Woods (XO, NM/Ros, Adult) Ch. 20 12/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 21

Getting out of the car, Liz took in her surroundings. Embry had taken her to a cabin in the middle of the woods. Did someone live here? She hoped so. The last thing she needed was to die in the middle of nowhere while no one knew where she was.

Liz shook her head.

Wasn’t she the one who said that Bella needed to be more self preserving? And here she was, in the middle of nowhere with a guy she didn’t even know all because he said he knew her boyfriend and where he was. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Sometimes, she just didn’t think.

“Embry, are you sure-?” Her question died on her lips the second her eyes connected with Jacob’s. It took her a few seconds to realize that her heart was pounding in her ears but once she did, she knew this was real.

“Liz?” He asked as he got to his feet. She could hear both shock and confusion in his tone. “What are you doing here?”

“I was looking for you.” His eyes instantly went to Embry’s and she could see the silent communication passing between the two. It took a few minutes before either moved but then Jacob nodded at the other boy before coming towards her. Instead of kissing her like she thought he would, he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to her car. “What are you doing?” She asked. “I just got here.”

“I’m taking you home.”

“What? But Jake-.”

“You can’t be here, Liz.”

“Why not?” She snapped, pulling her arm back. What the hell? What was going on? She thought he’d be-.

“Because you don’t belong here.” A feminine voice snapped, making both Liz and Jacob turn towards the cabin. On the front porch stood a girl in a green shirt and blue cut off jeans. She had a scowl on her face and her arms were folded over her chest. She was pissed, clearly but the question was why?

Why was she so mad?

Was it because of Liz? Of her being here? Her saying it was pretty obvious but she didn’t even know who this girl was. Was she a friend of Jacob’s? Or was she a friend of whomever lived here? And if either was the case, why was Liz’s being here a problem? She didn’t live here, did she?

Looking up at Jacob, she hoped that he knew what to do. Or at least what to say.

“Go back inside, Leah.” He growled.

“No. I’m sick and tired of hearing you whine about her.” She stomped down the steps, moving pass Michael #2 but stopping in front of Embry who had moved in front of her. Effectively stopping her from coming at Jacob. Or Liz. “It’s giving me a headache and I can’t take it anymore.” Her eyes instantly cut to Liz’s. Fire burning just under the surface. It scared the shit out of the small brunette. “If you’re here to torture him some more, I suggest you leave. I may not be able to hurt you because of the imprint but there are other ways to get a point across.”

“Leah!” Michael #2 and Embry shouted at the same time while Jacob moved in front of Liz.

“Did you just threaten her, Leah?” Jake questioned in a low and deadly tone. That’s when Liz notice the way his body shook. His entire body. It was like he was ready to pounce. Or change? She hoped it was neither. One, she didn’t like fighting, especially when it was a guy against a girl and two, there was no way she’d be able to stop a full grown wolf from attacking the girl.

“Jake, don’t.” Liz whispered, her tiny hand gripping onto his forearm and right before her eyes, he calmed down. It was like nothing she had ever seen before. One minute he was a fierce wolf, the next, an innocent puppy. He turned and looked down at her and Liz felt her entire body temperature spike. “Let’s just go home.”

She could clearly read the hunger in his eyes as he nodded. “Let’s.”

“Did you really just threaten and imprint?” Paul asked as Liz and Jacob pulled off in her black beetle, amusement etched on his face. “Jacob’s imprint?”

Leah sighed as she rolled her eyes, never moving from in front of Embry. “No I didn’t and if you had been listening with your ears and not your ass, you would know that.”

“Yeah, well, it sounded like a threat.”

“If it did, then why didn’t he do anything?” She snapped, her arms folding in front of her. “We all know how a wolf gets when he feels that his imprint is in danger.”

“He didn’t do anything because Liz stopped him.” Embry told her.

“Yeah, sure.” She scoffed with an eye roll.

“She did.” Then Paul rolled his eyes. “Though I don’t know why seeing how you were being a complete bitch to her.”

“Maybe it’s because it didn’t happen?” Leah growled through clenched teeth.

“Or maybe it’s because Liz is a good person who didn’t want to see the man she’s in love with hit a woman?” All three turned to see Emily, Sam and Jared standing on the porch. Emily stood by Sam’s side with Jared stood behind the couple, a smirk on his face.

“And how would you know?”

Emily gently held Sam back at Leah’s growl and simply shrugged her shoulders. “The imprint works both ways, Leah. What he feels for me, I feel for him and Liz and Jacob are no different.” Then she gently pushed her hair from her face. “I actually think they may be closer than us, in some ways.”

“Whatever.” Leah turned to leave but was stopped by Embry. Again. “Move.”

“No.”

“Let her go, Embry. She needs to calm down.” Sam told him as his arm wrapped around Emily’s waist, pulling her close. Then they all felt the calm wash over not only him but Jacob as well. “I think you might be right about Jacob and Liz, Em.”

“Why?”

“Just a feeling.” Jared joked making the guys laugh and Leah roll her eyes. She then, pushed pass Embry and changed into her wolf form just before running into the woods

“I hope things get better, not only for Jake and Liz but for her as well.” Emily whispered but they all heard her. “I’m sure it wasn’t easy for Liz to find out the truth and I know for a fact that it isn’t easy for Leah being here all the time.”

“She’ll get over it.” Sam told her, his lips pressing into her forehead as they all stood outside.

“I really hope so Michael because I can’t take it anymore.” Isabel whined as she dropped herself onto his couch. “Max hasn’t come out of his room in 3 days and I swear to God, if I hear one more Counting Crow’s song, I’ll lose it.”

It had been three days. Three days of Max refusing to leave his room because things haven’t gone his way. While she herself had opted to ignore him, their mother refused to let her son wallow. She tried everything to get him to leave his room. She made him all of his favorite foods. She tried to talk him out of the room. She even tried to yell him out of the room but nothing worked and Isabel was getting tired of hearing her mother cry herself to sleep.

So she came here. To Michael.

“Did you try and dream walk him?” Michael asked as he went into the frig and pulled out what she could only assume was a Snapple. He didn’t have anything else but that drink. And maybe some old milk.

“Yeah.” She told him with a frown. “I did.”

“And?”

“And…” It had been weird. When she got there, Max had been sitting in the middle of a field. The same field Liz was always in whenever she dreamed about her dream man and he was just…staring out into the vast openness. Like he was waiting for something. Or someone. She didn’t know which and she didn’t stay long enough to find out because the whole scene freaked her out more than she thought it would. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

Michael shook his head as he dropped down onto the recliner across from her. “Then I don’t know what to tell you, Iz. You’re just gonna have to wait until he leaves his room on his own.”

“But I can’t take it anymore.”

“Iz-.”

“I know something is going on Michael.” She told him evenly. “I know that all the humans know what’s going on and I also know that both you and Max now know.” She leaned forward to show her brother that she meant business. That she wasn’t going to stop until she knew everything. “So why don’t you just cut the crap and let me in on whatever it is everyone but me and Tess know?”

Sighing, Michael ran his hand through his hair. “Fine but you’re not gonna like it.”

“Try me.”

“Whatever, just don’t get pissed at me because you don’t like what you hear.”

“What are you talking about, Michael? Why can’t you just give me a straight answer?”

“Because it’s not that simple, Iz. What happened back in October, what really happened, is so fucked up that I still can’t even wrap my head around.”

“Okay, Michael. You’re kind of…scaring me here. What the hell happened back in-?” Then she remembered. Max coming home looking defeated. Him not sleeping the entire weekend. The rumors that spread across school Monday morning. Perfect Liz Parker gave up her V-card to school star Kyle Valenti. “The rumors.” Michael nodded. “They weren’t true, were they?”

“No. They weren’t.”

“Tell me, Michael. Tell me everything.”

“Liz faked sleeping with Kyle to make Max fall out of love with her.”

“Why?”

“Because a future version of himself told her to.” Isabel gasped.

“Start from the beginning and don’t stop until everything is said.”