The Puppeteer (CC,M/L,ADULT) Ch.4 & 5 - 11/27/04 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Puppeteer (CC,M/L,ADULT) Ch.4 & 5 - 11/27/04 [WIP]

Post by Kristy »

Title: The Puppeteer
Author: Kristy (flgirl4@yahoo.com)

Disclaimer: If the story line and characters of Roswell been mine, I would have never created Tess or her “child”

Rating: YTEEN to very mild ADULT

Summary: Slight AU CC/UC M/L and M/T with sides of M/M, I/J (mentions of I/A). Before Departure, Liz has gotten her powers. How does this affect the group? Is there some other reason she has gotten these powers?

Author’s Note: Please, don’t kill me for having Tess and the mistake night/baby!! I’m only 17! Have a long life ahead! They are, unfortunately, necessary in my story. Like I said, it’s before departure, but does include CYN and ITLAITB.

Banner: If you’d like to make one for me, it will be accepted gratefully. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White. That’s all that her sight contained. A seemingly endless stretch of white. Textured white. It reminded her both of an endless white sea and that of nothingness. That’s what she wanted. Nothingness.

With a sigh, Liz Parker sat up and brought her legs up to her chest, tearing her eyes away from her ceiling. One hand hugged her legs close to her body, while the other pushed back her long, dark hair. Her mind was jumbled, trying to process what her powers had given her. The emotions that radiated off of everyone in that small town were pouring themselves into Liz’s conscienceness. The happiness, the fear, the sadness, all of it, reverberated across her mind until her headache grew worse and worse.

She knew how to stop it. She had to focus on one person. But she had tried that.

She raked back her hair again as she shuddered. *Bastard* she thought, then pushed the thought away.

She had concentrated first on someone she thought wouldn’t have too many forceful emotions. Michael. She became confused and pained at the absolute anger and fear that struck him. So she moved to Max. Then Tess. She knew what the emotions meant. Tess was pregnant. And judging by the pride seeping off of her, she knew it was Max’s.

She had no right to be angry, she knew that much. It didn’t mean she wasn’t. It didn’t mean that she wasn’t hurt.

She sought to find a time where she was truly happy. She searched her mind a long time. Then she realized that she had never truly been. There had always been that fact, that horrible fact, lurking in the deepest recesses of her mind...

To hell with it all. Liz played with the hem of her shirt, wishing away the thoughts and the emotions. Nothingness. She needed to focus on nothingness...

A tear slipped down her face. It was useless. Instinctively, she turned her head to her window. *No* was her only thought. Before she could voice it, however, she caught the look on his face.

Max looked terrible. The rain that she had forgotten was falling had soaked him, making him look so ... normal. He looked as he always did. He even reminded her of the first time she saw him, so many years ago, when they were both too shy, before she knew. She let herself forget why she was mad for a second, drinking in the look of him in this vulnerable, innocent state.

Though it was raining, tear tracks were noticeable along his cheek. He looked as though he hadn’t shaven in days. His eyes were red and had dark circles underneath. But there was a hopefulness and a wistfulness as he looked at her, his amber-gold eyes meeting her doe brown ones. And even though she knew, she looked to him as she always did; she looked at him with love and longing. The intensity that always lingered in their soulful stares remained, even with what had changed. Then another tear escaped from her eye, a tear she did not know she was holding back, and she broke the fragile contact with him. Reality began to set in. She didn’t know why, but she rose and opened the window. The magic had broken from their stare, but they looked anyway. He began to come in but she put a hand on his shoulder.

“No,” was the only thing she said. Understanding flashed through his tired eyes, now looking so old when seconds before they had been so young. He opened up his mouth to speak, to plead his case, but she let a single finger stop him. He yearned to press his lips against her finger, to feel some of the intimacy they once shared. But her hand slipped to her side.

They looked at the ground, not sure how to begin a conversation, not sure if they should talk so soon. Finally, Liz reached to a chair beside her a grabbed a jacket. As she slowly put it on, she nodded for him to step back so she could get through. He seemed to not recognize the gesture, and she had to push her way past him. She stumbled as she did, and he caught her in his arms.

She refused to look up. She knew the stare would return if she looked up, and for now she didn’t want it to happen again. They needed to talk.

They slowly made their way down the fire escape. When they reached the pavement, Liz sighed deeply. He had walked to her house, she realized.

“Liz,” he started. She closed her eyes. His voice was painful, rough and low. She shook her head slightly. She needed to talk first. She picked a direction and started to walk. She didn’t look behind her to see if he was following. She knew him too well. She knew he was.

“Liz, please, just-“ he began again, but again she cut him off.

They had been walking for some time, maybe fifteen minutes, though it felt like fifteen hours, before she began to talk.

“Max, I know,” she said softly. He nodded his head in response. He had assumed so when he saw her, saw the betrayal she felt in her eyes. Now she was trying to keep her face emotionless, but he knew better. She was still not meeting his eyes. He himself was avoiding hers. “There’s things you need to know,” she said, then stopped. How could she explain all of this to him? Have him understand? She couldn’t tell him everything, but she needed to explain some things.

“We all now know that the granolith is a spaceship. But there was a time ... there was a time it was modified to become a time machine.” she glanced at him briefly. He was extremely confused.

“Liz, but, time travel ... we know that’s not poss-“

”Like aliens aren’t possible?” she stated. His mouth shut quickly. He motioned for her to go on. She took a deep breath. “I know this because it was used. Last October, when you ... when you ... sang to me,” she looked away again “I had a visitor from the future. You. Fourteen years in the future. You ... he told me that Michael, Isabel ... Tess, and yourself are a unit and are not as powerful if you stray from that unit.

“He told me that in his time line, you had strayed from that unit, because Tess left. Because of me ... and you. We were together. And when Khivar came to Earth, you all were not prepared and we were dying. Everyone was dying. Michael and Isabel had died just before he came. It was becoming the end of the world.

“So he told me to make you fall out of love with me.”

He looked up at that and stopped in his tracks. “What?” he asked, stunned.

She let out a long, tired breath. “That’s why I said ... what I said. That’s why I staged the scene with Kyle.”

“It was staged?” He asked. “You didn’t?”

“No,” she said. “I didn’t sleep with Kyle.” He slowly sunk to the ground as she followed.

“Why now?” he asked, his voice hoarse. “Why tell me now?” A tear slipped down her face, even as she was trying to be strong.

“Because it worked. I succeeded. You’re with Tess now. She’s having your child. I don’t get that chance,” she said, her voice getting softer and softer. She angrily swiped the tear running down her face away, only to have it replaced by more. Suddenly she was pulled into his strong, warm arms. She sobbed into his broad chest as she felt tears on her shoulder from his eyes.

She felt everything surface, Alex’s death, the fight with her parents, the trouble with her powers, Tess’ pregnancy, and she cried for all of it. They held on to each other, crying together. He rocked her back and forth, pushing his own emotion down. His need to take care of her, comfort her was overpowering. He pressed a chaste, comforting kiss to her forehead and sighed.

“You didn’t succeed, Liz. I may have slept with her, but I still love you, Liz. I will always love you. You will always have my heart, no matter what. It has always, and will always be that way. I don’t love her. I will be sorry everyday of my life that I slept with her. I will always be sorry that I was so hypocritical. God, do you realize how much I wish that if this had to happen, that you would be the one for it to happen to? I love you, Liz,” he said, still pressing her into him.

“No, Max. You think you’re helping me, saying these things, but you’re only making it worse. Why did you have to sleep with her? Please, just don’t, don’t, I can’t deal with this,” the rest was muffled as she buried her head into his chest deeper, but something along the lines of nothing in this world nor any other wanted her happy. She looked away from him. She had unconsciously brought them to his house, she realized. He shook his head, rain water flying off of it as he did.

“You’re wrong, Liz,” he said and pushed up her chin so that she was looking at him. He then cupped her face with his hands. “I want you happy, Liz,” he said softly.

Their gaze was held a second too long as his eyes drifted to her lips. She drew in a ragged breath then grabbed him from behind his head and their lips finally met. There was nothing at all tender about the kiss. It was filled with longing and fear and need. Forcefully their lips met again and again and their tongues dueled. Their was more passion in that kiss than any other they had ever received. Finally he broke the kiss. She moaned at the loss of contact, but then his lips met her neck.

She didn’t know how they ended up in his room, blind from the passion they were experiencing. They were met with the extreme need for completion, and that was all they knew. When he finally entered her, they knew this was where they needed to be, with each other. Their forehands met and he kissed her one last time as ecstacy surrounded them.

It was only until then, that he was buried deep inside of her, coming down from their unnatural bliss, that it really hit her. They had made love. Tess was pregnant. Something was different about Max. She couldn’t ask him what was different, though, as he was already falling asleep.

He exited her, and she couldn’t help but whimper at the loss of him. She knew it was a mistake. But it didn’t mean she had to regret it. She sighed and slowly got out of bed. It was then that she noticed. An empty bottle of liquor. She looked back at her lover then again to the bottle.

“No,” she said softly. She could only now, after too much had happened, recognize the signs that he had been drunk. She remembered the last time he had gotten drunk, how he had remembered nothing. She closed her eyes, not having the willpower to feel pity for herself.

Then she felt it. *Goddamn it* she thought angrily. Two extra presences in the room. She knew who they were.

She got dressed quickly, then dressed Max carefully, so that he wouldn’t suspect anything.

*Maybe he won’t find out* she thought distractedly. She ran home, only vaguely noticing that the rain had stopped. Once she got to her room, she collapsed. She didn’t know how long she stayed there, but once she snapped out of it, her mind was made up. She quickly filled a bag and left a note for her mother. She then grabbed the car keys and walked determinedly out of the house. She had to leave. She couldn’t stay in Roswell any longer.

TBC
Last edited by Kristy on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Sorry!!! But, here's ch. 2!!!!

Post by Kristy »

Hey guys, like I said, I am sooo sorry. :oops: School started again, Senior year, and I just now had some time on my hands to get chapter two up. I will try my best to get chapter three up tomorrow, but I honestly can't say whether or not I can. Thanks all the people who stuck with this story!!!

Btw, I am not a complete Max-hater, so I will try to resolve at least some things. Give him a try. :wink:

Chapter Two

The sun stretched into the sky and cast its evil reality onto Max’s tired, restless form. Moaning softly, his head pounded furiously, and all he could think of in his clouded mind was a simple plea – *ASPRIN*.

He slowly dragged his tired body from its place on his crumpled bed, and made his way to the bathroom. He opened the cabinet and grabbed the first bottle he could find. Seeing as he had no cup to drink from, he angrily chewed on the bitter, hard medicine.

He then leaned his hot forehead onto the cool of the bathroom mirror and sighed. He shook his head as if to clear it, then tried to focus.

He couldn’t understand why his head was throbbing so badly, or why his body was quite so sore. All he could remember from the night before was that he had gone into one of his personal pity parties, and then ... he could almost grasp what came next, but it was like it was just out of his reach.

Had someone visited him? Someone he knew?

*I want you to be happy*. The sentence shot through his head, and clung to it like a lifeline. He knew he said it, but to whom? He couldn’t make sense of anything he tried.

He felt like he did after he had gotten drunk that one time, but he had sworn not to do that again. The pure insanity of forgetting everything that happens to you just scared him. No, he would never have done that again. And there was no indication at all that he had been drinking, except for the resolute blindness of the night before and his throbbing head.

He went further back into his mind. Tess had told him more about the child she was carrying. Max shuddered.

His child.

He couldn’t grasp that quite yet. He did not want this. And he certainly did not ask for this duty.

He couldn’t imagine the weight the responsibility of a child was into a loveless relationship, on top of the fact that he was the king of another planet where he had to liberate the inhabitants of said planet from the tyranny of a very sadistic alien king.

He still didn’t know why he slept with Tess. There had been no reason for it. But he had. That one moment where he needed comfort as everyone turned from him, she had been there, at precisely the right point in his misery. And now he had to face the consequences of doing such an unfathomable deed.

*This has to be a nightmare,* he mused sullenly as he turned his head to the ceiling. He never before noticed the comfort the nothingness of the pure white was before. He drifted into its comfort for a second, losing himself in it.

*Someone taught this to us,* he thought suddenly. He could hear a gentle voice somewhere in his head telling him to focus on the white, The Nothingness, as it brings comfort and a impermanent serenity.

He stared until his eyes slipped close, forgetting the headache and the body aches. He forgot. For a second, he forgot everything that had happened with Tess, and he went to the most peaceful part of his mind. He saw his parents, Isabel, Michael, but most of all, Liz.

He remembered everything about her since the moment he met her. Since the moment their eyes made contact and she gave him that small smile. Before she knew. After she knew. When she loved him. Suddenly he saw hurt in her soft eyes, and he began to remember again.

The realization hit him that he would now never be able to hold her, kiss her, even look at her the same way again. He would never be able to live out the future his mind had dared to contemplate. All because of one stupid mistake.

Why did he sleep with Tess? That was the question that reverberated around his head now, and the comfort of The Nothingness left him completely. He sighed and placed his head in his hands and scrubbed his face with his fingers. He remembered that his plan had been to talk with Liz, before she found out the horrible truth from someone else. He briefly contemplated whether or not he did speak with her, but then he shook his head.

He rationalized that he must have hit his head or something and been knocked unconscious. That seemed plausible. He pushed the arguments that he had been fully dressed last he remembered and that even after the car crash a year and a half ago, he still didn’t have a headache.

He resolved to go to Liz’s now, to explain to her what had happened. It was not a conversation that he looked forward to, but he knew that she deserved his honesty. She definitely shouldn’t have to hear it from Isabel, Michael, or, Heaven forbid, Tess.

Careful not to disturb his headache further, he slowly began to dress. Just as he was about to leave, and being very proud of himself for not aggravating his headache, the phone’s insistent ringing sounded. He winced at the sharp sound. Quickly he darted to it so that it wouldn’t pain him further.

“What?” he asked in pain and annoyance. He frowned as he looked to the ground and noticed that he was wearing two different shoes. *I guess I wasn’t too great in the dressing. Is would kill me* he thought, smiling slightly at his first “normal” thought in a long time. The smile disappeared when the speaker announced herself.

“Max?” Tess’ high-pitched, strident voice shrieked. His grimaced again, finding himself wondering if it would have been better to have just heard insistent ringing. “You have to get over here right now, Max!”

Max rolled his eyes at this. She had called each day with the same demand. Her urgency didn’t send him rushing at all. He shook his head gently. “Tess, I’m not really up to coming over there right now. Maybe in a couple of hours. I really feel like shit,” he said honestly.

It was probably the first time in a long time that he had said something so parallel with what he felt that he prided himself on his new-found strength, if only for the time being. To say that he felt like shit was true, a truck could run over him and he couldn’t feel worse. Come to think of it, he was sore all over, in muscles he never knew he had.

Yet his emotions were another story altogether. Even with his guilt and his disgust with himself for being so incredibly stupid with Tess, there was something else just beyond the surface. Inside, he was happy. He felt complete, even. He had no idea where these feelings came from and even tried to suppress them. How could he feel that way with this woman her didn’t even slightly love carrying his child?

The woman in question brought him out of his dark reverie. To his shock, there was great annoyance in her tone.

“Max, there’s no ‘later’ in this. You need to come now,” she said sternly. Then, more gently, she added, “Max, it’s your son. I think he’s in trouble.”

TBC
Last edited by Kristy on Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Haha, just kidding!

Post by Kristy »

I was able to finish chapter three! Yippee for me!

Chapter Three

Liz kept the car moving on the highway at the perfect speed limit doing nothing to attract attention for a long time. Emotions resounded in her head from others and it was getting on her last nerve. The extra presences didn’t help.

Finally, when she had reached the Arizona state line she broke the car’s silence. “Okay I feel you two. Don’t you dare try to deny it,” she growled angrily. “I told you to stay the hell away from me. Those were my exact orders.”

The car appeared empty save her suitcases, her purse, and her self. But soon after she uttered her knowledge.

“I am completely sorry, ‘Your Highness,’ but we have orders from a higher position.” Nicholas and one of Khivar’s other henchmen appeared as if from nowhere. Nicholas’ sentiment was not one of apology, as the sneer on his childish face would suggest. “He wishes to see you,” he added with a smug grin as he leaned against the seat.

Liz shook her head. “I do not ‘wish to see’ him. I’ve told you this before, I’ve told his this before,” she said, her chin lifted in superiority. The two shared a knowing glance.

“Khivar only wished to inform you, Elizabeth. The portal is already open,” he said. She looked up to see the portal right in front of her.

*Damn him* she thought. There was no way to swerve. It was directly in front of her. She had no choice but to go through.

Suddenly, she was no longer driving. Instead the three of them were standing in the throne room of the Antarian palace. Nicholas and the other bowed deeply toward the throne and stood to the side. Liz spun to the other man, perched on the elegant throne as if he were a permanent fixture and had been there always. Liz was furious, to say the least. Instead of lashing out, she decided to do the same to him. She placed her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow.

“You don’t belong there,” she said matter of factly. “Only Antarian kings can sit there, so unless you had some massive gene therapy, you are really going to piss off the Antarian loyalists.”

Anger flickered quickly through his eyes, but oddly he laughed and just looked at Liz. “Oh, dear Elizabeth. Always like your mother. Very strong, and just a little defiant,” he said maddeningly.

Liz’s eyes flashed. “You have no right at all talking about my mother. You also had no right to trick her the way you did,” she stated, her voice laced with venom.

He looked at Nicholas and gestured to her with a sadistic smile as if to say he told them so. He let out his insane laughter once again.

“Ah, but Elizabeth, if I hadn’t, then I wouldn’t have had the pleasure of talking to with you right now, would I?” he smirked. Liz shuddered at his implication.

“Tell me, Your Highness, why did you want to talk with me? I suppose it’s not for yet another fight, but I have been fooled before,” she said, glaring at him with hatred.

“Well, Elizabeth Ann, after your little,” he paused for a beat and looked at her, a twisted smile on his face. “escapades last night ...”

“You were spying on me? That is the lowest, sickest thing...” she yelled incredulously until she was cut off.

“Now, now, I would never spy. I have Nicholas and Javier to do that for me always. You should know that, I know your powers are kicking in.” His eyes danced at this, a glimmer of madness. She had known. She hadn’t noticed before, but when she was lying there with Max, she had known.

“I was, though, able to find a mystic to take away some of that infamous strength of yours, so you would follow the little king.” He clicked his tongue. “I must say, he is quite the promiscuous one, not nearly good enough for my Lizzy. I mean, getting the nauseating, albeit necessary, queen pregnant is one thing, but then sleeping with the Sariatian princess while he was completely shit-faced, why that’s just horrid.” Liz’s eyes darkened significantly.

“I am not the Sariatian princess,” she growled, not letting herself think about how the rest of the statement had stung her.

“Well, Lizzy,” she cringed at the hateful nickname. “Being my daughter does make you the child of the Sariatian king. So tell me, Elizabeth, what are you? I could have sworn you were the bright one.”

“I don’t know Sariatia,” she said evenly. Khivar clicked his tongue again.

“Well, your lover never knew Antar, but does that make his any less the Antarian king to the loyalists’ eyes?” he stated, knowing that it would get through to her. She closed her eyes.

“Why am I here?” she asked again, quieter.

Khivar smiled evilly again, knowing he had broken her temporarily which was a difficult task. He leapt off the high throne with ease and walked toward her.

“Elizabeth, the king’s bad choices made much more than a really bad hangover. I would also consider it you choice, since the mystic really didn’t have to work all too hard. But,” he said and went behind her, her eyes remaining closed. He placed a hand over her abdomen. “The son and daughter of the Antarian king, carried by my only daughter, will get thousands on my side. Perhaps all the loyalists. Because it is completely real. You are not only pregnant by him, which they can’t deny, but you are pregnant with twins.” Her eyes popped open and her hands brushed his away quickly. She grasped her tiny stomach in shock.

“I’m pregnant?” she whispered. He smiled and motioned for Javier.

Once she had left he turned toward a timid older woman with long, dark hair.

“You are sure he will remember nothing? The inhibitions were lost to him, but you are sure he will remember nothing?” he asked, glaring down at the frail woman.

She nodded her head slowly. “I am sure. He has all the symptoms of drunkenness. It will be resolved to be just that.” She chastised herself silently. She had betrayed her king many times with this monster and she hoped it would end soon. But she was to weak to fight. Her children needed her.

Khivar nodded and gave the mystic her payment and sent her away.

Javier slowly led Liz into a giant room on the upper floor. She moved her feet slowly, still in shock.

When she entered the room, she flinched as the locks were turned and noticed the absence of windows, but only dimly. She sat down on the cream colored silk sheets that covered the canopy bed and slowly tucked herself into a fetal position. There, she began to cry.

Now, Max would know everything. Everything she had tried to deny. In having the children she had dared to wish for with him, the man she completely loved with her entire being, she was helping the enemy.

No. She was the enemy.

It was all her fault. She had loved him always, had given in to some temptations, but had sworn that she wouldn’t get as close as she was now. She had always known, somewhere, that Khivar would have his way. It was ever since the day after she had met the young Max that her “father” came to her and her brother to tell them of his plan. She had managed to stay away for years, but when he started to fight for her, she gave in, just a little.

Now, her greatest dreams and worst fears were coming true. She had betrayed him. She was having his children. Having them because she had loved him. Betraying him because of her parentage. She had always said they were like Romeo and Juliet; he just never knew just how much.

She knew Khivar wouldn’t let her leave. Her children, whom she already loved so much, would have to be raised by that madman. She would not leave them alone with him, so she didn’t dare try to escape. She was only a commodity if she was pregnant. She couldn’t run. Other tried.

Alex.

Her brother had tried to get away. She knew the consequences. He had refused to sleep with Isabel. He had never really loved her, so it was easy to fight off the mystics, especially with their mother’s alien strength. Khivar finally gave up, and sent Tess to fake his death and then locked him in jail for the remainder of his life.

She would have to stay with this loathsome man, for the sake of her children.

TBC
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kristy »

Hello people. Sorry it's been so long. Like I said, things are crazy. Plus, in two weeks I turn 18 and still I have no idea what to do for it. :roll: *sigh* I really needed this outlet of writting. Hope you enjoy, thanks so much for all the feedback!!!!

A/N: By the way, the pregnancies, sooo not 1 month long. The usually 9 months will be the gestation of alien babies. Also, because I am slowly realizing the age gaps, let's all pretend like it was the crash of '67. That way, only 20-ish years incubation and Khivar isn't THAT old, hehehehe!

Part 4

Max walked out of Tess’ house in a complete stupor. He moved as if programed, not really headed any direction. He was numb. The only thought that reverberated around his head was Tess’ words, over and over.

“We have to leave Earth.”

Such a simple statement, but one that held far too much for Max to deal with. His eyes were dark and haunted and rimmed in red. He couldn’t find the will to cry. Finally he became aware of his surroundings and almost collapsed.

He was in front of the Crashdown.

His mind was now full of all that was wrong in his life, all that would be left behind when he would have to leave. Liz was the one to stand out in his mind. She was his only chance for happiness, and he had blown it completely. All because of a night he wholeheartedly believed was by far the stupidest thing he had ever done in his entire life.

His sister and best friend at least had a choice in the matter. He had none. He wouldn’t let Tess take their child alone to a distant planet where some evil tyrant could be waiting. As much as he hated to admit it, the child was his own and he would protect him at all costs.

In his times alone when he was younger and even more recently, he would dream up futures to spend. All of them included Liz in one way or another. Especially where they had normal lives with beautiful children. Now, he could never have that and it killed something inside of him.The reality of his future was right in front of him and he was trying to grasp it. To live on a distant planet he was supposed to be king of, Tess as his queen, and a child with her that he, frankly, didn’t want. Sure, he knew he would grow to love his son, but he just didn’t wnat any children with Tess. He loved Liz throughout all of his life, she was the one he was supposed to be with.

He stared at the doors of the Crashdown, wondering whether or not he should try to talk to Liz. He then saw the top of someone’s spikey head. Michael. He would have to go in, at least to just tell Michael that they were living out his dream of “going back.”

The chimes attached to the door signaled his entrance and after a flash of blonde hair, Maria was in his arms and sobbing. Though confused by Maria’s sudden out burst, he held her small form close. His eyes drifted over the occupants of the cafe. Only Maria, Michael, Isabel, Nancy Parker, and himself. He looked over Maria and sought out his friend’s eyes with question. Michael’s eyes held pity and he simply sighed and shook his head. Maria then pushed out of his arms and crawled into Michael’s.

“What happened?” Max asked softly, not wanting to disturb Maria any more than she was already. Michael’s eyes met his once again as he comfortingly stroked Maria’s hair.

“Liz left town,” Michael replied, just as softly. Max’s eyes closed and he slowly sunk into an open chair. He put his head in his hands but didn’t cry. He couldn’t cry. It was all too much. He looked up and saw Nancy. Her green eyes held a deep saddness, but also great fear. For him, she had understanding and pity. He didn’t understand it and it hurt him to see her. He quickly looked away and back to his hands. He felt devestated. His whole world had crashed right in front of him. Things just seemed to grow worse and worse. He couldn’t see how it could be any worse than it was at this moment.

Suddenly, Tess burst through the doors, not taking notice of anyone but the aliens. “We leave in five days or we don’t leave at all,” she stated resolutely and all hell broke loose.

TBC.....I know, I know. Super short. But I plan to post again, like, tonight, so don't hate me!!
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kristy »

Hahaha!! I rock! New part, same day! Creative juices are flowing! Take that, english teacher!!! lol! Here's part five, which, I will admit, is a lot of explaining. Hope you enjoy!

Part 5 ('cause I rock)

Liz woke up without any idea how much time had passed since she was shoved forcefully into the room. She was now fully aware of the absence of windows and the bolts and locks on the doors that she could not access.

Then she studied the room closer. It was obvious that although she was a prisoner to her own father that she was to be treated like the princess she technically was. The large canopy bed was filled with cream sheets that were incredibly silky. A dark maroon down-like comforter was folded at the end of the bed. The gossamer canopy gave an elegance and femininity that was offset by the mahogany-like wood of the bed frame. A dresser and closet sat at her right, and she knew the contained lavish clothing that she would be expected to wear when he found that it was time to tell all about her pregnancy. She also had a vanity of the same material with a mirror that was held not by a glass but by a smooth metal that could not be shattered. It too would be filled with expensive things, jewels and other “necessities.” The walls were a rich maroon color trimmed in cream and matched the bedding perfectly. An unbolted door was to her left fitted with a silvery knob that she assumed led to an equally extravagant bathroom.

Extravagancy only proved to her the vileness of her father. She knew the plight of most Antarian, especially those loyal to the Royal Four, and found it disgusting that Khivar had shown such richness in a simple room. She also knew with the lack of windows and the absence of glass wasn’t just so she wouldn’t escape. He didn’t want her children to be harmed, whether accidentally or otherwise.

She still couldn’t fully comprehend that she was pregnant, and with Max’s children. She had pondered over the fact the Khivar might have been just lying or being hopeful, but then she realized that it was true. Sometime during the night she had felt the beginnings of their presences and the little emotions they were slowly forming. She could already feel how powerful they would be. She snorted at that thought. Of course they would be powerful. Twins always were. Only a handful of twins were born to people of the Whirlwind Galaxy because the parents had to have complete love and trust in each other to create a good environment for such powerful beings. And her children were born of parents who were twins, so she knew they would be more powerful than any before them.

As everyone knew, Max and Isabel were twins. King Azandre and Queen Sayna, their real parents, were very much in love and had complete trust in one another and the twins were born properly. King Khivar and High Priestess Nincine, however, had a much more complicated and devious story.

Nincine was High Priestess for the Royal family of Antar, including Zan, Vilondra, Rath, and Ava . She herself was an Antarian. She was only eighteen, however, when the kingdom was attacked and the family was killed. She played a key role in the recreation of the royal four, as she was the one to collect their essences.

The land was now ruled by Khivar, the King of another of the five planets, Sariatia. He had help from the planet Scinea, who today they knew as the Skins. Khivar met Nincine at twenty and was instantly attracted to her and wanted her for his mistress. She knew that she couldn’t do that to her king and she was already in love with another, a man from the planet Bohmin named Geniof.

Just before she was to be captured, her and Geniof fled to the planet that their king was sent to, as the king of Antar was in turn the king of the Whirlwind Galaxy. No one would accept Khivar as their king back in the galaxy as he had no Antarian blood or ties whatsoever. He saw Nincine as his way to gain acceptance.

Nincine and Geniof, or Jeff and Nancy now in their new home, were very much in love and trust and had all they needed emotion-wise to create twins. Khivar took this knowledge and came to Nancy as Jeff some years later. He was able to hold all of Jeff’s emotions in him, so there would be complete love and trust while he took advantage of Nancy while destroying any chance for Jeff himself to ever be able to give children to Nancy. Khivar went back to Antar eagerly awaiting news that she would be pregnant with his children. She was, but quickly hid the knowledge of the second child. She hid her son with a childless family willing to help her and kept her daughter as proof that she did give birth.

It was only when Liz and Alex were six years old did they learn they truth of their heritage. She remembered that even before they were told they were siblings, they always just knew somehow.

A small hand reached for hers as they climbed the tall tree. Liz let out a giggle and grasped his hand and he helped her up. She paused for a second, looking thoughtfully at the next step she would have to make.

“Alex, not much further. We’re too high,” she said softly, trying hard not to be afraid. He threw down a lopsided smile to her.

“But Lizzie, don’t you wanna touch the stars?” he asked wistfully, a hand reaching toward the heavens. Her eyes grew in childish wonderment.

“We can touch the stars?” she asked, awe apparent in her soft voice. He helped her to the next branch so she could sit next to him. Then his eyes turned very serious for such a young child.

“Of course we can touch the stars, Lizzie. We can do anything as long as we’re together. Just you and me. I’ll always be here to take care of you,” he said, and as if to prove it, he brushed a hand over a scratch on her arm to heal it. She rested her head on his shoulder.
“Always?” she asked. He hugged her to him and grabbed her pinkie in his.
“Always. Pinkie swear.”

*Oh Alex,* she thought. *Why didn’t you keep your promise.* Only two weeks later Khivar came to them and told them their parentage. Ever since then they fought it. Nancy was loving to each of them, however, and their was never a sense of remorse or anger when she looked at them. Khivar saw them as a way to further his acceptance on the throne. He felt his timing with Nancy couldn’t have been more perfect, because now his children would be the same age as the recreated Royal Four. Nasedo, an old friend, would protect the least attached member of the four as well to get her on his side.

Khivar looked to his daughter first, and his son second. His daughter could get the heir to the throne, while the best his son could do was to impregnate the princess. That might still work in his favor, but he wanted the heir more than anything. He had quite a few plans. First came his daughter, then Ava, then his son. He was willing to use any plan to situate himself within the royal family of Antar.

He couldn’t believe his luck when the young king sought out his daughter on his first day of school. His pride grew when he saw the exchange of shy smiles before the king was dragged off by his sister. That night, he informed his daughter what she must do.

Ever since then, Liz fought the knowledge of her being the enemy with the pull she got from Max. The day she was shot, she was actually welcoming death as a release from her burden and put her father’s plan to rest. But when she met his loving amber eyes and heard his rich comforting voice, she felt herself submit to the man that held her heart. It was the first time she had felt hope for a real life.

Once she learned that he returned her love, she fell apart. She stayed by him, still clinging to the hope while he felt it was to dangerous for her. Once the fear was thin, she felt she could submit to him and her father would never know. It was just after Tess arrived that Khivar told her that he knew of her progressions with Max. Suddenly she was very glad that she still felt guilty enough not to sleep with him thus far. She had found, however, that the more she was with him, the more she fell in love with him.

He was also awakening her dormant powers. Khivar had snatched her up during the summer to get her to harness the power, but she had refused all summer. She was then sent back to “make further progress.”

She tried desperately to stay away from him was very frustrated when it was not working. She was shocked to come back from Madame Vivian’s to Future Max’s theory. It had hurt her horribly, but it gave her an excuse to not be with him. She did in fact know that her future self did not tell him about her father. She couldn’t believe it when he told her that they had no children, but figured there must have been a reason.

She placed her hand over her belly now and cringed just thinking about the flash she had not a month later of what happened in that future.

The night they had made love the first time, the night of Gomez, they had created their babies. But Liz did not want her father ruining her happiness. Hoping that she could save her relationship and her world and not be held for succumbing to her father, she had made the hardest decision she had made in her entire life. She had aborted the babies, as humanly as she could with her powers. Then she destroyed her uterus to make sure she would never be pregnant again.

Liz had felt the depression she had gone through after that no one could understand. It was the real reason Khivar had come to destroy Earth. He had not wanted to take it over. He was punishing Liz for what she did.

Liz could not do that again. Not would Khivar know, but she was too connected with her children to make that decision again. And although she had done everything in her power to not be in the situation she was right now, she felt a complete happiness and giddiness at the thought of her and Max’s children growing inside of her, made from completely love and trust. She sighed and fell back into the sea of silken sheets and pillows and placed a hand over her abdomen.

“I promise, babies, that I will make the best life for you that I can and make sure the bad man stays out of your life. And I promise,” her voice broke but she continued anyway. “I promise that one day you will meet your daddy and he will love you just as much as I do.”

TBC