Revising Destiny (CC,M/L,ADULT) Updated 7/16/06[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Devil Kitty
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Painting Michael's tatoo at Fox River State Penitiary

Post by Devil Kitty »

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback :D

Chapter 20

Max and Liz lay entwined in sleep as the morning sun made its way across the sky. But they were soon startled awake by the loud POUND! * POUND! * POUND! at the door. Max groaned as he untangled his limbs from Liz and he swore as sat up on the side of the bed, “Damn that Michael.” He started to get up when the doorknob rattled, but Max had fused it shut, so no one was getting in. A strange voice called out, “I know someone’s in there, open up!”

Liz grabbed his arm, “Max, that’s not Michael!” She looked alarmed, “The Skins?”

“I don’t think they could have regrouped to find us this fast.” Max assured her. He stood up and slipped his jeans on before crossing over to peek out the curtain. “Just one guy, it’s probably just the manager.”

The pounding on the door continued, Max called out, “Coming!”

“Don’t let him intimidate you, Max, be tough.” He turned to look at her and couldn’t help but smile at the sight of Liz sitting up, bare breasted as she held her hands up in fists and she flexed her small biceps with a grimace on her face. “Grrrrrrr.”

He grinned at her, “Tough, huh?” Placing a hand on each of his biceps, he left behind a couple of tattoos of the alien swirl and the foursquare, then he placed a hand over his upper chest leaving a heart tattoo with a banner across it reading ‘Liz’. Running his hands through his hair, it grew several inches to curl over his ears and around his neck. Last, he swiped his hand over his face to apply several days’ worth of beard growth. “Tough enough?”

Liz looked him up and down, taking in the scruffy look, the bare chest and low slung jeans, “Oh, yeah,” she sighed as she slid beneath the covers while Max reached for the door.

Opening the door, he kept one hand on the knob and rested his forearm on the door jam, gruffly asking with an annoyed tone. “What?”

The slightly wormy looking fellow standing on the other side was momentarily taken aback at the half naked man who answered the door. He looked like some hooligan, but then he was used to such as that around here. Puffing up his chest, he demanded, “Just how’d you get in that room? No one checked in for that room.”

Max shrugged casually, “It was late, man, we just wanted to crash.”

“These rooms ain’t free ya know.” The little man was belligerent, “But you know what? They don’t charge down at the jail. Maybe I should just call the Sheriff...” he stuck out his hand, “unless you want to cross my palm with silver...”

Affecting a bored expression, Max responded, “Cool your jets, man.” Max reached in his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. “I got ‘cha covered.” Opening it, his finger touched a dollar bill and it immediately turned into a $100 bill. But before he could offer it to the manager, they were both surprised when they heard a husky voice call out, “Mmmmm, come back to bed, baby.”

Max whirled to see Liz sitting up - a sexy pout on her face, long tousled hair fluffed out around her shoulders as she held the sheet up to cover her breasts, with one bare leg dangling off the side of the bed.

“Day...yum.” The manager had his head craned around the door and his eyes bugged it out. “That is one nice piece of...” Max moved to blocked his view, “Show’s over, here’s your money,” and put the money in the man’s shirt pocket as he pushed him back out onto the breeze way. “That should be plenty.” He went to shut the door, when the man called out, “Wait! You never said how you got into that room.”

Max gave him a humorless smile, “No, I didn’t,” and slammed the door in the man’s face. He turned back to Liz. “Uh,” he looked perplexed, “just what was that?”

She lifted a shoulder nonchalantly, but couldn’t keep the grin off her face, “Just thought maybe he’d cut you some slack if he knew you were in here banging some hot chick.”

His eyebrows flew up and his mouth fell open, “Banging some...”“ Shaking his head, “Now that sounds like something Maria would have said.” He raised his hands to change his hair back when Liz stopped him, “Ooooh, wait!” She rolled up to kneel on the bed and the covers puddled around her hips. “Not so fast.” She crooked her finger and winked, “Come here.”

Max moved to stand beside the bed and Liz slid her arms up around his neck and threaded her fingers in his longer hair. “You look pretty hot like this.” Max felt his dick twitch in response as she pressed her body up against his, “I... I do?” She tilted her face up and grazed her teeth along his scruffy chin before she murmured against his lips, “There’s just something about a...” her fingernails scrapped his nipples, “...bad boy.” He reached to cup her bottom and pulled her against the erection that pressed painfully against his jeans, “I can be bad.” “Ummm, prove it.”

But just as Liz began pushing his pants down, there was another knock on the door and Michael’s voice called out, “Maxwell? You guys alright?”

As Max’s head fell forward with a frustrated, “shit," Liz scrunched her nose in disappointment, “Guess you’d better answer that. But let me get in the bathroom first.” She scrambled off the bed and as she darted into the bathroom Max took a few seconds to admire her naked backside before he turned and opened the door.

Michael stepped inside. “Maxwell. We heard that...” Michael stopped as he stared at the transformed Max, taking in the rumpled bed that looked like a tornado had roamed around in it, the shut bathroom door. “uh... is this some perverted sex thing?”

Max’s face twisted ruefully, “Not anymore.”

~~~

As soon as Michael left, Max quickly dropped his jeans and walked into the steamy bathroom. He pulled the shower curtain back to stare at a wet, naked Liz. She turned with a smile, “You just gonna stand there, or are you getting in?” He stepped into the shower wearing nothing but a wide grin and wrapped his arms round her slippery, wet body, “Oh, I definitely plan on ‘getting in’”. Liz gave him a coy look as she pushed him back, “Hmmmm, you sound pretty sure of yourself.” He reached for the soap, “turn around, I’ll do your back.” But Liz took the little bar away from him, “I washed while you were in with Michael,” she took his hand and pressed it against her breast, “see, all squeaky clean.” Max wrapped his other arm around her, pulling her in for a kiss as his hand manipulated her plump little breast, before bending to take her nipple it into his mouth with a gentle tug. He lifted his head, “ummmm, delicious.”

Liz began to soap up his body and her hands and fingers swirled around his pecs, teasing his nipples into hard pebbles before moving across his stomach - in other words, she was driving him crazy. He reached for her, but she shook her head, “nuh, uh, gotta get you clean,” she teased as she dropped to her knees and began soaping up his calves and thighs.

Max leaned back against the shower wall and looked up at the ceiling - okay, gotta rethink this, crazy was much too tame a word. There were no words adequate to describe what she was doing to him as she soaped up every part of him, except the part that was straining for attention. When she slid her slick hands up the back of his thighs and cupped his ass, he threaded his hands in her wet strands and begged, “Liz, please... for the love of... ahhhhhhhhhh.” He moaned in pleasure when her lips finally slid over him to envelope his throbbing erection in her warm mouth. She worked her magic on him, and as her slick fingers caressed his balls, he felt the quickening and knew completion was close approaching. It took all his inner will and strength, but he pulled her away, “Liz...” she looked up at him through wet lashes with her lips glistening, and his chest tightened with desire for her. He pulled her to her feet and kissed her hard, tasting himself on her lips and his tongue plunged into her mouth. When he let go, she wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered, “Make me yours again, Max.”

A shiver tore through him and in a flash he grabbed her bottom, lifted and spun around to press her against the wall. Her eyes opened wide with delight as in one slick move he buried himself deep inside her. As she wrapped her legs tightly around him, he felt the quivers as her passage began to climax around him. “Oh, yessss, Max!” It only took a few pumps for them both to hurtle over the edge of the abyss.

Still holding Liz against the wall, the little tremors still coursing through their bodies, Max pressed his forehead against Liz’s. “Do you have any idea how much I love you? You are everything I could ever want.” Liz rubbed her nose around his and with the most adorable smile, “I feel the same, Max. You are my everything.” With the warm water beating down around them, they shared a soft kiss sweet kiss.

~~~~~~~~

A few hours later the teens were on the road and on their way back to Roswell. There had been plenty of remarks and teasing of Max’s new look, and when they stopped at a fast food restaurant, sitting outside to consume burgers and fries, Isabel kept staring at Max. “You know you’ll have to change that hair when we get home?” Max shrugged as he bit into his burger, the edge of the foursquare tattoo peeking out from under the sleeve of his tee shirt. “I know, but I kinda like it.” He winked at Liz, “Think I’ll let it grow.” He earned himself a kiss on the cheek and Liz further rewarded him by dipping a fry in Tabasco before holding it up to his mouth.

“Oh, come on - you’re hand feeding him?” Kyle objected, “I think I’m gonna puke.” Liz just stuck her tongue out at him before continuing to eat her own burger.

“Gotta side with Buddha Boy on this one, ‘chica.” Maria shook her head at Liz, “You two are unusually goopy today.”

“We are not goopy,” Liz objected, “besides we went through a traumatic experience last night, we deserve a little goop.”

Maria shrugged, “What about me and Michael? You don’t see us hanging all over each other, and we were almost nuked by a maniacal munchkin.”

“Hey, wait a minute,” Michael turned to her, “Why aren’t you hanging all over me?” She fixed him with a look, “Excuse me? I’m the one who broke their crystal thingy and destroyed their husks, so if anyone should be doing any hanging…” her voice trailed off. “You’re right.” He grabbed the back of her head and laid one on her, but she pushed him away and made a face. “Ehhhh, Michael, you taste like raw onions.”

As the others laughed, Alex teased Michael, “Ouch - deeee–nied!”

When the laughter died down, Isabel looked over at Max and Liz, “Since you’ve mentioned last night... I’ve been thinking about what happened and I have a theory.” She had everyone’s attention as she explained. “The knowledge of Alisria came to you guys when you… well, in Florida. So we know that at some point, Alisria somehow became a part of Liz; either at birth, or maybe when Max healed her or maybe when you guys...” She looked uncomfortable, “you know. Then in Copper Summit you were cornered, backs to the wall, scared...” she focused on Liz, ”and you were consciously wanting Max to be able to do something to save both of you, and I think that you unknowingly manifested the powers of Alisria, somehow imparting them into Max.”

There were nods and shrugs around, and Max nodded, “I guess that makes about as much sense as anything else. Do you think that also brought on Liz’s dream?”

“I think so. When Liz fell asleep she was still reeling with what had happened earlier, and on the dreamplane her unconscious mind joined with the essence or soul of Alisria. When we were pulled into Liz’s dream, Alisria recognized Max’s essence as Zan. Now this is just a guess, but perhaps her dying in the dream was symbolic of Alisria letting go of the past and her recognition that she and Zan would live on in the two of you.” Unsure of reaction, it was with pink cheeks that she looked around, “So, what do you guys think?”

“I think that sounds pretty darned good.” Alex slung his arm around Isabel and gave her a squeeze. Liz smiled at her, “I agree, Isabel. I think that’s what I felt that at the end of the dream. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Then Isabel shrugged, “besides, I was glad to think about something else other than those Skins wanting me to be their queen.”

~~

Lunch behind them, Michael drove the Evans’ SUV with Maria beside him and Max and Liz in the back. The others rode in Tess’s SUV.

Maria sang along with the radio as the miles swept past them, when an old song came on Maria turned up the sound, “Omigosh! Lizzie remember us dancing to this?” She twisted her head to look in the backseat only to see Max and Liz lost in lalaland, hands entwined, heads close together as they whispered together. Shaking her head, she turned back to the front. After a minute she asked Michael, “Do you think we’ll ever be like that?” Michael glanced in the rearview mirror, “God, I hope not.” At Maria’s disbelieving and hurt look, he clarified, “I didn’t mean... I don’t know, maybe? But come on, not to that extent.”

When Maria looked away, he reached for her hand, only for her to pull it out of reach and cross her arms. “Darn it, Maria. Don’t get mad.” She shrugged, “I’m not mad, Michael, I don’t know what I am.” She looked at him, “I just feel like we’re standing on the edge of something, something that could change our whole lives - but we’re just afraid to move forward.” She turned to look ahead out of the windshield, “But eventually, we’re going to have to jump forward or step back altogether.”

He glanced from the road at her profile, “And which of those do you want?” His heart beat faster as he waited for her answer.

“You know what I want, Michael, and it’s not to go backwards.”

Michael took a deep breath and this time when he reached for her hand, she let him take it. “Me, neither. How about when we get back to Roswell, we’ll go out... Senor Chow’s.” He flashed her a grin, “And this time - I’ll pay.” She grinned back at him, and he continued, “And we’ll talk about that jumping.”

~~

Behind in Tess’s SUV, Kyle drove and glanced in the mirror to see Isabel looking out the window as they sped along. Alex had his laptop open and was tapping on the keyboard as he worked with the disks Liz had found. Kyle glanced over to see Tess just staring straight ahead. The silence (other than the radio playing) was getting to him. “So, was that your first time going to Arizona?” She shrugged, “I think so.” He looked at her quizzically, she added, “I don’t remember all the places we went when Nasedo first found me, we traveled a lot. I think I slept in the backseat of the car more than a bed.”

Isabel looked at Tess, “What about school?”

“I didn’t go to school, Nasedo said he could teach me everything I needed to know. Then when I was around 14 he put me in high school, said he wanted me to be able to go to school whenever we found you guys. But we moved around so much that I was only in one school a couple months or so at a time, then we were off again – new town, new school, new strangers.”

Kyle shook his head, “I can’t believe someone like Nasedo didn’t think to look for the others in the nearest town to the podchamber.”

“I think he did at first, but I guess he thought that was too obvious. Plus, there was nothing about their lives to raise any red flags – until he learned of the rumors of Liz Parker, and the FBI investigating Roswell. That’s when he left me behind and went to investigate on his own. When he came back, he had this box full of photos, mostly of Max, and said to pack up - we were headed to Roswell.”

~~

Maria’s head lolled as she dozed. Michael yawned and thought about asking Max to take over the wheel. He glanced in the mirror but didn’t see Max and Liz. “What the…?” He angled the mirror to see that they were stretched out on the backseat - making out. “Ugh, you’ve got to be kidding me.” Michael’s grumbling roused Maria. “What is it?” He jerked his thumb to the back and Maria looked around the seat to see the kissing couple, Max’s hand cupping Liz’s... “Oh, for crying out loud.” She loved both Max and Liz, was happy they were together, but this was getting out of hand. She reached into her bag and retrieved a squeeze bottle of now tepid water. Removing the cap, she turned to spray the couple.

“Ack!” “Hey!” “Maria!” They objected. Not the least bit apologetic, Maria admonished them. “You act like horndogs - you get hosed.” Turning back to the front she noticed a sign as they drove past. “Michael, there’s a McDonald’s about a mile ahead, when we get there, pull over.”

Kyle saw the blinker come on and as Michael turned off wondered out loud, “What’s going on? Why are they stopping?” Tess shrugged, “Maybe they wanted dessert.”

Pulling in nearby, they watched as Maria got out, walked around and opened the door and pulled Liz out. When Maria marched in their direction, they could hear Liz objecting, “Maria! This is ridiculous.” Maria opened the back door and motioned to Isabel and Alex, “You two go ride with them, Liz and I will ride back here.”

“Maria, what’s going on?” Alex asked but Maria merely said, “Max and Liz need a little break.”

Kyle smirked, “Oh, I get it – car was filling up with goop, huh?” As Liz climbed in she thwacked Kyle on the back of the head, “Shut up, Kyle.”

“Owww! No need to get physical, or was that the problem?” As Maria took her seat she ordered, “Kyle, just drive.” Liz turned her head to the window and crossed her arms, like a sulky child.

~~

They’d been on the road about an hour when Michael noticed Max fidgeting, tapping his hands against his legs, shifting around, fiddling with the radio, adjusting the AC vents. “Max, what the hell? Leave that stuff alone.” “It’s hot in here, Michael.”

Meanwhile back in Tess’s SUV, Liz shifted trying to get comfortable – she felt hot, itchy, antsy. She was vaguely aware that the discussion had rolled around to grilling out, and Kyle discovered that Tess had never been to a ‘cook-out’ and promised they’d throw one when they got back home. She rolled her eyes as they currently discussed their like or dislike of spicy brown mustard - everyone knew yellow was best.

Maria glanced over to where Liz had her head turned away, and felt a pang. She didn’t want Liz to be mad at her. She reached over and was surprised at how clammy Liz’s arm felt. “Lizzie? Are you alright?” Liz turned glassy eyes on Maria, “Huh? Oh.., yeah, I just feel a little... odd.” Taking in Liz’s flushed face, Maria put her hand on her forehead, “Well, you don’t have a fever, but you are flushed. Are you coming down with something?”

Tess had had her suspicions of what might be happening when Maria dragged Liz back to her car, but now she was fairly certain. She debated with herself on whether to say anything, because the heavens knew it galled her to do anything to help Liz Parker, especially when she should have been the one suffering those symptoms.

Kyle called back, “What’s going on?” Maria’s eyes met his in the mirror, “I think Liz is getting sick, we need to call Michael and have him pull over.”

After the near debacle of last night, Tess badly needed to earn some brownie points. As much as she hated to be the exposition fairy, she sucked it up and announced out loud. “She’s not sick.”

Maria glared, “What do you mean? Look at her.” Tess nodded, “I know, but I think she and Max are going through something Nasedo once told me about.”

Maria looked over where Liz now had her face pressed against the glass. “You mean it’s something alien?” Kyle shook his head, “Oh great – what now? Evans give her alien herpes?”

“Kyle!” Maria reached over to pinch him. “Owwww, Maria, I’m driving here.”

Ignoring him, Maria looked at Tess, “So what is it? Can Max fix it?” Tess reached for her phone and wryly assured her, “Believe me, Max is the only one who can fix it.” When the phone on the other end was answered, Tess spoke, “Isabel, I don’t mean to be cryptic, but is Max acting strange?”

She listened to Isabel’s response, “If by strange you mean being all fidgety and freezing us with the air-conditioning, then yeah - strange. But how did you know?”

~~

Michael started looking for somewhere to pull over. Isabel pointed out a sign, “Look, there’s a rest area up ahead.” Kyle pulled in behind Michael, but when he would have parked beside him, Tess pointed him to the last spot on the row. “Trust me, we don’t want to be parked beside each other.”

As Kyle and Maria got out Tess told Liz to stay put. The others had already exited the Evan’s vehicle, and she saw Max running over. “Is Liz alright?” Seeing the flush on Max’s face, Tess held up her hand, “Believe me, you’ll know what to do.” She opened the back door and as Max climbed in, she heard Liz’s cry of “Max!” She quickly shut the door and reached a hand up to blacken the windows before walking over to join the others. As she reached them, Michael groused, “Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on?”

Pointing to the cement picnic tables under some shady trees, “Might as well get comfortable, this might take a while.”

~~

When Max slid in beside her, Liz raised her head and was immediately in his arms, “Max! What’s hap...” Her cry was smothered as Max’s mouth clamped onto hers. After several deep consuming kisses, Liz’s head fell back and Max sucked on the vein in her neck, he could feel the blood pulsing through her body, matching the tempo of his own rapid beat. She cried out in confusion, “Max, wha... what’s happening to us?”

His lips moving over her skin, he replied in a raspy voice, “I don’t know.” His lips returned to consume hers as his fingers worked at the button and zipper of her shorts. “I just know that I have to be inside you - now.” His hands worked them down her legs, she helped him push his own pants down to free his erection as it sprang free at full attention. They were both lost in haze of lust. Liz straddled him and he grabbed her hips and without any preliminaries she sank down on his shaft. As Liz slid up and down, Max pushed her top up to access her breasts. Liz jerked her top off and clasped his head against her chest and he feasted first on one breast then the other. The tugging of his mouth sent shivers through her body down to where her core enveloped Max. As Max moved back to consume her mouth, she needed to feel his chest against hers and tugged at his tee shirt. He wrestled out of it, and tossed it somewhere behind him. As the pressure built, they clung to each other as their bodies pumped furiously racing toward the relief they both sought.

~~

Once everyone was sitting, Tess announced. “Max and Liz aren’t sick - they’re in heat.”

“In heat!?!” Michael looked at Tess’s SUV, “you mean they’re... right now?”

With a look of distaste, Kyle blurted, “You’ve got to be fuckin’ kidding me!”

Alex leaned over sotto voice to Maria, “Well, he’s half right.” Maria couldn’t help but giggle as she swatted at Alex. “Hush.”

Isabel glanced back at Tess’s car, then she turned to Tess, “Will this happen to the rest of us when we, uh…” she avoided looking at the others, especially Alex.

“Pop our cherries?” Michael finished for her. Maria glared, “Oh, nice Michael!”

Tess shrugged, “I’m not really sure. When Nasedo came back for me, before we moved to Roswell, he explained that we would go through something to bind us with our mates. Of course, he thought it would be the four of us partnered. He compared it to when humans go on a honeymoon. Basically - it’s mating your brains out until you form a bond with each other.”

“But Max and Liz have been ‘mating their brains out’ since Florida.” Alex noted, “shouldn’t they have already bonded?”

“Well, between Florida and this trip, it was sporadic.” Maria told him, “This is the first time they’ve had days to be together. Or maybe the delay was because Liz is more human than not, or at least she was until Alisria came bursting out all over the place last night.”

Isabel looked uncomfortable, “And now we have to wait here until they form this bond?”

Kyle groaned, “Oh, great, so we have to twiddle our thumbs so El Presidente can get his rocks off’?

Isabel rubbed her hands across her face, “I can’t believe we’re having this conversation - I can’t believe we’re talking about my brother’s sex life."

Kyle rolled his eyes, “I can’t believe your brother’s having sex right now.”

“Hey,” Alex looked around at the various expressions of distaste, misery and yes, even envy on their faces. “I know this is probably the most unorthodox situation we’ve found ourselves in, but they’re still our friends. They can’t help what’s happening.”

“Well, it’s been about 6 hours since we left the motel, so after...” Tess tossed her hand toward the car, “we’re probably good until we get back to Roswell.”

Resigned, Michael looked around, “So, anyone got a deck of cards?”

~~~~~~~

TBC ~ Image
Devil Kitty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Devil Kitty »

Thanks for your feedback :) ~ sorry this chapter is a little short, but it was post now or in a couple of weeks ;)

Chapter 21

For Max and Liz the outside world had no meaning, there was no concept of time, anything and everything beyond the confines of their small space had ceased to exist - there was only love, desire and need.

Max sat with one leg bent, his foot on the seat while the other rested on the floorboard. Liz had managed to maneuver in the cramped space to kneel between his legs. His head fell back against the edge of the back seat as her hands manipulated his swollen aching flesh, her mouth working its magic. "Liz, please…" he panted, " I don't think... I can't take much more…" With a swipe of her tongue Liz raised her head with a seductive smile, crawled up over him sliding across his rock hard member as she purred, "Oh, I think you can." He grasped her hips to set them to the rhythm he craved, "Well…" he smile against her lips, "Maybe, just a little more."

Their bodies rocking together once again, Liz grabbed hold of Max's biceps and arched her back as she cried out, her body clamping Max's tightly inside her as yet another climax rushed through her.

~~~~~~~~

"Got any 3's?" Isabel looked up from her cards, and addressed Alex, "Nope, go fish." As Isabel, Alex and Maria played cards, Tess and Kyle lay stretched out on the ground watching the clouds. "Hey," Kyle pointed, "that one kinda looks like a fish."

Maria turned to look at the sky, "Only if it has legs."

Kyle raised his head and glanced over toward Tess's car, "Did anyone else hear that?"

"No!" Isabel glared, "and neither did you."

"Auhnnnnnnnnn." Michael dropped his head down against the table, "For crying out loud, it's been over an hour." Maria glanced at Isabel with raised eyebrows and a soft "Hmmmm, lucky Liz," as Michael grumbled, " I heard that, Maria."

~~~~~~~~~

When finally there was nothing left to give, nothing left to take, Liz collapsed against Max as he wrapped his arms tightly around her, the delicious tremors continuing to course through them. They exchanged soft kisses and murmurings as their heartbeats slowed and their previously heated blood cooled, the musky odor of sweat and sex filled the car.

Liz raised her head and with a chagrined smile crinkled her nose. "Ummmm, we need a shower." Max pushed her damp tresses back from her face as he agreed. "Yeah, too bad we don't have one nearby." Liz moved to slide off of Max, and when her bare bottom hit the cloth of the car's seat reality came rushing back and she suddenly remembered where they were. "Max!" She glanced around the interior, "We're in Tess's car - and we're naked - in Tess's car - where we just..."

Max grinned, "...had raging hot monkey sex?" His voice ringing with satisfaction.

Liz whirled her head to look at Max with widened eyes. "What?"

The satisfied smile slid off Max's face and it was with pink cheeks he apologized, "Uh, sorry, that's one of Michael's phrases." Liz rolled her eyes, "That figures. Although..." she crinkled her nose, "I have to admit - accurate."

With a chuckle Max went to pull her to him, but she shook her head and pushed away, "Oh, no, you don't. We've got to get dressed." She began looking around for their clothes and Max's pants hit him in the face, "Hurry, Max. The others are somewhere outside."

"Well, they've been out there…" he glanced at his watch, "an hour, what's a few more minutes?" Liz had scrambled into her panties and was pulling her top over her head when she froze. "An hour?!?! We've been in here for an hour??" She fretted, "Omigosh, Max," she looked at him, "We are monkeys." Max couldn't help but laugh as he urged her, "Liz, honey, calm down, I don't understand all this anymore than you, but..."

"No buts, Max, the others know exactly what we were doing in here. How could we have lost control like that? They must think we're animals. How can we ever face them?" Her face crumpled and she looked like she was about to cry. Max tugged his tee shirt into place, "Liz, baby, you're getting all worked up." This time when he reached to pull her into his lap, she came willingly. "First of all, they're probably just as confused as we are. And while I'd rather eat glass than listen to anything Kyle has to say," that brought a small smile to her face, "they are our friends."

He smoothed her hair, "Here, I'll clean us up." And with a swish or two of his hands, they both were fresh and clean smelling. "Thanks." Liz whispered. As Max drew his fingers through her hair, he assured her. "Whatever is causing this… well, first of all, I'm not complaining." Liz giggled, "umm, yeah, me neither." He continued, "But when we get back home, we can check the Alien Book, it seems to change at will, so maybe we'll find an explanation."

At his words, Liz felt a memory tease, something just out of reach, if she could only just grasp... "Tess!" She looked at Max, "I remember she told Maria I wasn't sick, and that only you could fix me. Tess must know what this is." Max nodded, "And she was the one that called Isabel to have us pull over." He pulled out his cell and dialed.

~~~~~~~~~~

At Michael's words, Kyle looked up from the ground wiith a smirk, "Guess someone had better bulk up on multivitamins."

Maria hid a smile as Michael cut a silent glare in Kyle's direction. But before Michael could defend his manhood, a musical chime rang out — I'm a Genie in a bottle, baby,. "Oh, that's me." As Isabel reached for her bag, Maria laughed, "That's your ringtone? Been practicing your singing?" Isabel stuck her tongue out as she pulled out the phone. "I hope this isn't Mom." She flipped open the phone, and read the caller ID - "It's Max." She answered, "Max are you two... uh huh... uh huh... alright... inside out... got it. Bye."

Closing the phone, she looked at the others. "That was Max."

"Duh." Tess said, "What did he say?"

“That they're coming out, and that anyone who embarrasses Liz will find their favorite body parts turned inside out." Several head turned.

"Hey," Kyle sat up looking offended, "why's everyone looking at me?"

A few minutes later the door to Tess's car opened and Max emerged, turned and offered his hand as Liz stepped out. Hand in hand they crossed the parking lot to meet the others at the picnic tables. Liz avoided eye contact with anyone while a pink cheeked, Max stammered, "Uh, guys, we're… we don't quite know…" As he stammered, Michael clasped him on the shoulder, "Don't sweat it, Maxwell, Tess already explained - it's an alien thing, you lucky devil." He turned to the others and clapped his hands together and rubbed, "Times ‘a wasting, everyone riding with me," he hooked his thumb, "load up."

Max and Liz just looked at each other, somewhat stupefied as their friends, with the exception of Tess, made their way to the Evans' SUV. As Kyle walked past them, he held up both thumbs in a salute, and Maria stopped beside Liz with a brief, "We'll talk later, ‘chica." With a laugh at Max's expression, "and I'm gonna want details." She walked to join Michael, who held up his hands in a stop motion.

"Whoa," Michael ordered, "we can't all ride in here." He looked at Kyle, "You get in Tess's car."

"No, thanks." Kyle shook his head and looked over at Max, "Body parts or not, I'm not riding in The Love Bug over there until it's been fumigated."

Max glared at him, "First of all, that car's cleaner now that when it rolled off the assembly line, so ...." He was interrupted by Tess who grabbed Kyle by the arm. "Oh, not only will you be riding, Buddha Boy, but you'll be driving."

~~~~~~~~~

Hours later Kyle sat in the passenger seat, Tess now at the wheel. He lowered the visor and peeked into the vanity mirror into the back. He saw Max staring silently out the window into the darkness while Liz slept with her head on his shoulder. So far, there hadn't been anymore ‘heat' signs, but as they got closer to Roswell – well, you never knew. Flipping the visor back up, he remembered Liz's combination of embarrassment and relief that what she and Max were going through was normal, or at least normal for those of the alien persuasion. Casting a covert glance at Tess as she drove, he wondered if she and he might ever… he mentally shook his head, don't even go there, Valenti, some things just aren't meant to be.

His musings were interrupted when Tess spoke up, "Fifteen more miles to Roswell." She looked into her review mirror. "Max, where are we headed first?"

Max glanced at his watch and saw it was after midnight. "It's kinda late for any of us to go home, except you and Kyle, maybe the rest of us can just stay at Michael's."

Kyle turned around and saw that Liz was now awake, "I really, and I mean really, hate to bring this up but... won't you guys need a little privacy soon?"

Max and Liz looked at each other, and Liz stated, "I feel fine." "Yeah, me, too." Max nodded.

"Kyle's right. You two might feel fine now, but we don't know how much longer that will last. I'm sure sometime before morning…" Tess let her voice trail off Max and Liz both wore pained and embarrassed expressions. Shrugging Max said, "I guess we could take my dad's SUV and go out to the quarry."

Kyle might not mind ribbing Evans, but he felt bad for Liz, who had her hand over her face and looked like she wanted to crawl into a deep hole. "Look, why don't you guys go to Guerin's place, and everyone else can come home with me and Tess."

~~

The two vehicles pulled up to Michael's apartment building, Max and Liz got out and gathered their personal packs. Michael joined them at the apartment door, "I expect this place to be clean as a whistle when I come back here."

Max raised an eye, "Is it clean as a whistle now?"

"Not the point, Maxwell." Michael informed him before turning to join the others.

As they all drove away, Max opened the door and ushered Liz in. Feeling awkward, he asked, "Are you feeling alright, I mean... you know?" She gave him a bashful smile, "Well, I don't feel ‘heated' but..." suddenly her stomach loudly growled. They both laughed as Liz admitted, "I guess I could use something to eat."

"Let's take stock." Max walked over and opened the fridge and Liz opened the cabinets. Inventory didn't take long. "The cupboard is pretty bare. There's a box of cereal, a jar of peanut butter, some saltine crackers and a box of microwave popcorn."

Max looked inside the fridge, "Let's see... here we have some bottles of Snapple, a few cans of Coke, and here's something shriveled that could have once been an orange." Max opened the jug of milk, "Ugh, forget the milk." He capped the jug put it back before opening the freezer compartment. "Alright, here's some pizza." Before long they sat on the couch, an old movie on cable, as they ate pepperoni pizza and drank Cokes.

Neither noticed the small face peeking into the apartment.

~~~~~

After arriving at the Valenti household, the others spent several minutes bringing the Sheriff up to date to everything that had happened on their trip, glossing over the situation with Max and Liz. The Sheriff sat back looking a bit dazed, "Well, I guess Maria and Isabel can take my room, Tess in her room, and the rest of us can sleep out here."

Kyle announced, "First things first, Dad. I'm hungry."

Maria stood up, "Oh, Michael and I can help with that as long as you have bread and cheese." Minutes later there was an assembly line at work as Alex placed two slices of bread on a paper plate, Isabel then slathered on mayonnaise before Maria added the cheese. The sandwiches were then passed to Michael who stood at the stove frying them up in butter.

Popping the last bite into her mouth, Isabel licked her greasy fingers, "Ummm, that was so good, Maria. Of course, I should have just sat on it, since it'll go straight to my hips."

"Meh, just run an extra block tomorrow." Maria advised as she reached for another sandwich. Looking at it she frowned, "I bet Max and Liz are hungry. Michael, did you have anything for them to eat?"

"Uhhhhh," Kyle waved his hand, "I don't want to think about anything Evans might be eating." Earning himself a fierce look from his dad and a thwack from Tess. "Gross, Kyle."

Michael groused, "Dang, and I just bought some frozen pizzas."

~~~~~~

The household settled down and Tess was in her room changing into pajamas when there was a ‘tap' ‘tap' at her window. She wasn't surprised to find ‘Madison' standing there. As the girl climbed through the window, Tess warned her. "We have to be quiet, the house is full."

"So I noticed. I also noticed that Max and Liz were at Michael's apartment."

Tess shrugged, "A lot happened in Copper Summit." She quickly filled Sh'nar in on everything, concluding Max and Liz's sudden heat for each other.

"Actually, that works to our advantage." Sh'nar smiled, "And we've found Max Evans' Achilles heel – now that they’ve bonded, he will do anything to protect Liz Parker. All we need to do is locate the Granolith and its crystal, and you'll be home in no time."

"Wait a minute," Tess looked at the girl, "You haven't even told me what the Granolith is. And now there's a crystal somewhere?"

~~~~~~~~
TBC
Devil Kitty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Devil Kitty »

Sorry, :oops: this took me much longer than I anticipated... but on with the show.

Chapter 22

After Tess’s guest left via the bedroom window, she changed into a sleep shirt, eased the door open and headed to the bathroom. The sounds of the Sheriff’s loud snoring echoed from the living room. She shook her head and felt sorry for the guys, usually the closed bedroom doors muffled those. She looked at the closed door to the Sheriff’s room and wondered if Isabel and Maria were asleep.

As she sat in the bathroom, Tess thought about what she had learned from Sh’nar/Madison. So now not only did she have to find out the location of this Granolith, but also some crystal doohickey in order to crank the darned thing. After washing her hands, she flipped off the light and opened the door and immediately ran into something warm and solid. “Ommph.” It grunted. “Hey, easy there.”

“Kyle?” She whispered loudly recognizing him in the dim light, “What are you doing?”

“Waiting for you,” he answered softly. “I heard you come in here, and I was… well…” he took a deep breath and blurted, “Can I sleep with you?”

“WHAT!?” She squealed, although along with her surprise a shiver of anticipation ran down her spine.

“Shhhh,” He waved his hands at her, “I just meant, can I bunk in your room? Or my room, or our room...” he shrugged, “whatever. Look I’ll sleep on the floor, but...” He cut his eyes back towards the living room, “I cannot take anymore of that racket.”

She rolled her eyes but smiled, “Sure, grab your sleeping bag.”

~~~~~~~~~

About half way through the late movie, Liz got up to carry the remains of their late night snack into the little kitchenette. As Max watched her hips slightly sway as she walked, he felt that familiar tingle run through him. He admired how the snug denim cupped her little fanny as she walked around the corner, and imagined his hands doing the same thing.

Setting their dishes in the sink and rinsing her hands called out, “Do you want anything else?” He raised an eyebrow and answered, “Oh, yeah -- you.”

Liz froze as her body responded to his husky words. When she turned she saw the glint in his eyes and a delicious rush of anticipation swept through her. She wiped her hands on a towel, laid it on the counter and walked slowly back to Max. He reached for her and she straddled his legs and whispered against his mouth, “You’re all I want, too, Max.” Their desire for each other rose as they began to touch and kiss. Soon Max lay stretched out on the couch, Liz draped over him, their lips fused together as the movie was forgotten. Somewhere along the way, Max’s shirt and Liz’s top found their way to the floor. Max’s jeans were unbuttoned and Liz’s hand was inside them as she stroked him into hardness.

“Too many clothes.” Max murmured as he shrugged out of his own pants before tugging Liz’s pants and panties off in one swoop. When both were naked, he flipped them over so that he was stretched out partially beside her, partially over her. As he suckled at her breasts, his hand slid down and her legs fell open allowing him to access her most private area, his manipulations making her even slicker. Her own hands were busy as one slid up and down his erection. She shifted her hips, trying to bring their lower bodies into position. “Now, Max.”

He slipped off the couch to kneel on the floor, “Soon,” he promised as he pulled her hips to the edge of the couch arranging her legs over his shoulders - proceeding to feast on her. “Oh, yessssss.” Her fingers threaded through his hair as his lips and tongue drove her near the edge. He licked and nibbled as he inserted first one then another finger inside her. “Max, please...” she begged, pushing herself against his face. She cried out when his lips grabbed her little bud and sucked hard, her hips bucked wildly when he sent a vibration from his fingers deep inside her.

Drawing back he shifted to plunge his engorged member into her as he pulled her close. He lifted her as he easily stood. Lightheaded, Liz could only cling to him like a limpet as she wrapped her legs around his waist. He walked towards the bedroom, but found each step to be delicious torture as her passage clamped tightly around him. Unable to go farther, he stopped to press her up against the wall. “Oh, God, Liz, you feel so damn good.” His mouth worked feverishly against hers, his tongue mimicking his lower body as his hard thrusts turned her into a quivering mass.

~~~~~~~~~

A figure slunk around the back of the house and with a quick twist, opened the patio door and quietly entered the home and stealthily eased down the hallway, carefully opening the room with the sleeping couple. Reaching into a bag and taking out a cloth, solution from a bottle was applied and then pressed to each face. Without a struggle both fell into deep unconsciousness.

The figure turned and began searching the house, pulling out drawers, tossing things out of closets. Moving from room to room, no area was left unturned.

~~~~~~~~~

The small room was dim with only the flicker of candle light illuminating the walls, the air steamy and fragrant.

“Ummmm...that feels so good.” Liz purred as Max’s fingers massaged, she turned her head to peek up at him, “You could make a living at this.”

Max laughed, “As a shampoo boy?” He squeezed the lather from Liz’s hair and it ran down her bare shoulders over her breasts and into the tub of warm water. “Then my dad really would think I was gay. Tilt your head back.” He cupped water into his hands to sluice the shampoo from her hair.

Liz frowned, “Your dad thought you were gay?” His soft chuckle in her ear sent shivers down her spine and she caressed his legs that were currently surrounding her. “Well, you were the first girl I showed any interest in, and what with Michael sneaking into my room on a regular basis...”

Liz sat up straight and twisted to look back at him wide-eyed, “Omigosh, your dad thought you and Michael...” “He never said anything,” Max grinned, “I think he was afraid to.”

“He shouldn’t have been worried about Michael, he’s not your type at all.” She fixed him with an impish grin, “Now, Kyle, on the other hand...” and she burst into laughter at the horror on his face.

“Ohhhhh, no you didn’t. You are so going to pay for that.” And he gently splashed water up into her face. “Acccckkkkk.” Liz wiped her face and twisted around to kneel between Max’s knees, “Wanna play rough, huh?” She cupped her hands and tossed water up over him. Laughter filled the room as water splashed over the tub as they played in the water like children. But when Max pulled her over him, capturing her hands behind her, their play turned passionate as their bodies pressed together. His mouth swooped to take hers and when he released her hands, she brought them up to tangle in the wet locks that curled along his neck. He grasped her hips and helped her sink down on his throbbing shaft. The water in the tub splashed over onto the floor as they once again sought satisfaction in each other.

Afterwards, they crawled naked into Michael’s bed, both satiated and delightfully tired. As they snuggled under the sheet, Liz asked, “Max?” Half asleep, Max mumbled, “Hummm?” “Do you think it’s over now?”

He opened sleepy eyes, “Is what over?”

“This heat thing,” she propped up on an elbow to look down at him, “I mean, tonight was great.” He cocked an eye at her, and she blushed, “okay... really, really... really great.” She giggled when he nodded, “that’s better.”

“What I meant was, we wanted each other tonight, but it wasn’t like in the car, not to the exclusion of everything else, not being aware of what was around us.”

He reached to pull her down to him and as she rested her cheek on his chest, he stroked her hair. “Maybe the ‘alien heat’ thing is complete, I don’t know. But I promise, even when we’re in our 80’s, I’ll still be in heat for you. Although,” he winked, “I might need a little chemical enhancement to complete the mission.”

Liz chuckled, “I can see it now, our medicine cabinet - full of little blue pills.”

~~~~~~~~

Sunrise was just breaking when the snores in the Valenti household were halted by the ringing of the telephone. Michael being closest automatically answered, “m’lo” then he tossed the cordless receiver over to Valenti. “For you, it’s Hanson.”

“Hanson? It’s practically the middle of the night.” He sat up straight as he listened, “I’ll be there as soon as I can.” Handing the receiver back to Michael to hang up, he noticed that the girls and Kyle had come out of the bedrooms. Raising his eyebrows at Kyle, Kyle held his hands up in surrender, “I slept on the floor, your snoring was horrendous.”

Alex nodded, “It really was Wagnerian.”

The Sheriff rolled his eyes, “Never mind that now,” he looked at Isabel, “I have some bad news, that was Hanson on the phone, there’s been a break-in at your house.”

“Again!?” She asked in shock, “Omigod... Mom and Dad? Are they alright?” She looked around, “I have to call Max.” Alex had made his way to her side, and placed a comforting arm around her while the Sheriff assured her, “Your folks are fine, but apparently the house is a mess. I have to get over there.” He headed to his bedroom to change.

Michael crossed his arms, “Has to be those Skins, I can’t believe they got here so fast.”

Maria looked from Isabel to Michael, “How do we explain coming home so early?” Kyle piped up, “Tell the truth, we go back to Roswell so late, everyone just caught some sleep here.”

Nodding, Isabel picked up the phone and dialed Michael’s apartment. She looked at him in disbelief. “The number you’ve reached has been temporarily disconnected!?” Michael scratched his eyebrow and sheepishly admitted, “Things got a little tight this month; it was either the phone or the power. I don’t like living in the dark.”

“I’ll call his cell.” Isabel dialed, and then groaned, “No answer, voice mail.” She left a message, “Max, call me ASAP, someone broke into our house again. We’re headed there now.”

Meanwhile, Maria got the same result trying Liz’s phone, hanging up she frowned, “I don’t like that neither of them answered.” She began to freak out. “What if the same house breaker got to them?”

“You’re right.” Isabel also began to panic, “If the Skins knew about our house, they know about Michael’s. What are we going to do?”

“Calm down, both of you.” Tess had a darned good idea who and why that house was tossed. “No use borrowing trouble, let’s just get over to Michael’s and see if they’re there.”

~~~~~~~~~

Liz shifted and stretched lazily, turning to see Max sprawled on his stomach, the sheet dipping dangerously low to exposing his cute butt. She resisted the urge to comb her fingers through those longer curls. She sighed, he’d have to restore it before heading home, but she was going to see that it grew out naturally. She eased naked from the bed and made her was to the bathroom to use the facilities. Washing her hands, she thought she remembered seeing some orange juice in the fridge. Maybe she and Max could share a cup, and then… She grinned as she opened the door and stepped into the hall.

~~~~~~~~~

Although reluctant, Kyle and Tess agreed to stay home while Michael, Maria, Isabel and Alex headed for Michael’s apartment. “If we need you guys, we’ll call.” Isabel promised as they loaded up into the SUV.

Arriving at the apartment building, they piled out but Michael stopped them a few feet from his door and looked at the others. “You guys wait out here, I’ll go in first, make sure everything’s okay.”

“Michael!” Maria objected, “I’m not standing in the hallway when something might have happened to Liz.”

Exasperation tinged with worry rang in Michael’s voice, “Damnit, Maria, would you let me be the man in this relationship for once?”

“Relationship?” Maria looked at him in surprise, “Oh, Michael, you said relationship.”

“Oh, for crying out loud,” Isabel bristled as she shoved Maria back out of the way. “Just open the damned door, Michael.”

And so Michael stepped into the apartment just as Liz exited the bathroom and entered the living room.

Michael’s eyes widened as he caught an eyeful. “Whoa!” He blurted. Liz screamed, “Aiyyyyyyyyyyyyy”. The others pushed their way inside just in time to catch a flash of bare skin as Liz dashed into the bathroom and slammed the door.

In the bedroom, Max lay half awake. Having heard Liz leave earlier, he wanted to give her privacy. But when he heard her scream, he jumped from the bed and grabbing up a still damp towel from the floor, wrapped it around him as he dashed out into the living room. But he came to a standstill when he saw Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel.

“What are you guys doing here?” He looked around, “Where’s Liz?”

Isabel glared, “She’s hiding in the bathroom, since Michael caught her walking around stark naked!”

Max fixed his own glare on Michael. “What the hell? You don’t knock?”

Feeling defensive and more than a little disconcerted, Michael glowered back at him, “Knock? It’s my house!”

Max retorted, “Well, we didn’t expect you to show up at...” he glanced at the clock, and continued in surprise, “6:00 o’clock in the morning!”

“Forget that Max, someone broke into our house.” Isabel informed him, “And we were worried sick when neither of you answered your cell phones.” Max stared at her, “Broke in? Mom and Dad?”

“Valenti said they were fine, but...”

Maria interrupted Isabel, “It’s deja vu all over again.”

“Get dressed, Maxwell, we have to get over there.” Michael grabbed Max’s pants off the floor and tossed them to him. Max reached out his hand, and his tee-shirt flew up to his hand. “Nice trick.” Alex admired as Max turned and using his powers to unlock the bathroom door, he eased it open, “Liz? Honey, it’s me.”

As he entered, he found her sitting on the toilet wrapped up in the shower curtain, as they had used up the towels earlier. She looked up, mortification on her face, “Oh, Max, it was awful. I can’t believe they all saw me.” He gave her a sympathetic smile, “Well, if it makes you feel any better; the only one with a view was Michael.”

“No!” She scowled, “That does not make me feel better.”

“I know you’re embarrassed, but…” and he explained why they had come over, she jumped up. “Oh, no. Was it a robbery? Your folks?”

“Isabel said they were okay,” Max shrugged into his pants and tee, “But we need to get over there.”

There was a knock on the door and Maria’s voice called, “Lizzie? I put your bag and clothes in the bedroom.” Max answered for her, “Thanks, Maria.” He held out a hand to Liz, “Ready?” As Liz secured the curtain around her, she nodded. “At least this isn’t see-through.”

~~

A short while later they all gathered at the SUV with Liz studiously avoiding Michael, he reached out and took her arm. “Liz, I’m sorry.” She shrugged, “I’d rather just forget about it, Michael.” Seeing her pink cheeks he couldn’t help but tease. “Not sure I want to. For a tiny chick you got nice boobs.” Her mouth fell open, “Michael!” But as she turned to get into the SUV he saw her grin and added, “Got a cute butt, too.”

THWACK! “Ow!!!” He turned to see a fuming Maria wagging her finger at him. “You just get that image out of your mind, Michael Guerin.” Climbing in behind the wheel, he shrugged, “Too late, babe, it’s already burned into my retinas.”

~~~~~~~~~

As Michael pulled into the Evans’ neighborhood, Liz reminded Max. “Max, your hair.” She watched as he slid his hands over his head and his hair returned to its pre-trip length. Turning into their street, they saw several police cars and an ambulance.

“An ambulance!?” Isabel cried out, “I thought the Sheriff said they were alright?” She had the door open before Michael could put the vehicle into park. Max and Liz were right behind her as she darted towards the house. A young deputy stepped in front to stop them, “Whoa, hold up there. You can’t go past the tape. This is a crime scene.”

“But we live here.” Max protested. Isabel cried, “Those are our parents.” Seeing Valenti standing near the front door, Max called out, “Sheriff! Sheriff Valenti!” The Sheriff turned and waved his hand, calling back, “Johnson, let them through.”

“Sheriff,” Max asked as they reached him, “Why’s an ambulance here?”

“Now don’t get upset. Apparently your parents were drugged, so it’s just a precaution.”

“Drugged?!” Isabel started into the house, but Valenti stopped her. “Wait, there’s more. After the ambulance arrived your dad began to complain of some chest pains, but it looks like just an anxiety attack.” With that the Evans siblings rushed through the house into the living room, where their dad was stretched out on the couch being attended to by the EMTs while their mom sat nearby. The others right behind them.

“Mom!” “Dad!” They called out and their mom stood, “Oh, Max, Isabel. What are you doing here? When did you get back?”

Isabel ran into her mom’s arms, “Never mind that, Mom, what happened here? Daddy, are you okay.”

“Honey, I’m fine,” Phillip Evans assured her. “Just a fuss over nothing.” He looked at an EMT, “When can I get this stuff off, I need to call our insurance agent, he has to come out before we can clean this mess up.”

“Sir, please just relax and we’ll be through much sooner.” The EMT advised.

Meanwhile, Max stood frozen in the doorway, staring at the wires hooked to his dad as the technician spoke to his dad and checked his vitals. The other EMT was communicating with the hospital, relaying information. Liz slipped her hand into Max’s and felt him trembling. “Max?” She spoke softly, realizing that his apprehension was as much for seeing the medical equipment as his fear for his dad. “It’s okay, Max.”

He looked down at her, “I know, it’s just…” She gave him an understanding smile, “A little bit disconcerting.” She gave his hand a squeeze, “Come on, go see your dad.”

~~~~~~~~~
TBC
Devil Kitty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Devil Kitty »

Thank you so much my little Angel :wink: And after all this time, I finally post an update - and it's a darned transition chapter.
---------

From Chap 22

Isabel ran into her mom’s arms, “Never mind that, Mom, what happened here? Daddy, are you okay?”

“Honey, I’m fine,” Phillip Evans assured her. “Just a fuss over nothing.” He looked at an EMT, “When can I get this stuff off? I need to call our insurance agent, he has to come out before we can clean this mess up.”

“Sir, please just relax and we’ll be through much sooner.” The EMT advised.

Meanwhile, Max stood frozen in the doorway, staring at the wires hooked to his dad as the technician spoke to his dad and checked his vitals. The other EMT was communicating with the hospital, relaying information. Liz slipped her hand into Max’s and felt him trembling. “Max?” She spoke softly, realizing that his apprehension was as much for seeing the medical equipment as his fear for his dad. “It’s okay, Max.”

He looked down at her, “I know, it’s just…” She gave him an understanding smile, “A little bit disconcerting.” She gave his hand a squeeze, “Come on, go see your dad.”

Chapter 23

Holding Liz’s hand tightly in his, Max made his way to stand near his dad. Clearing the lump from his throat, he asked. “You... you’re sure you feel okay, Dad?”

The EMT turned and looked at the pale face of the young man, and hearing the anxiety in his voice assured him. “Don’t worry, son, your dad will be fine. A little rest and he’ll be fit as a fiddle.”

Phillip Evans frowned at the young man, “Hmmmm, I think that’s what I said an hour ago.” As the EMT began packing up the equipment he smiled, “Yes, sir, you did. But you wouldn’t want to put us out of business now, would you?”

Alex tapped Isabel on the shoulder, “I’m going outside and give Kyle a call, let him know what’s going on.” She looked back at him, “Want me to come with?” He shook his head, “Nah, stay here with your mom.” But Diane Evans shook her head, “Don’t be silly, I don’t need my hand held. Izzy, go on.” She then turned to Phillip who was buttoning his shirt back up. “Why don’t I go ahead and call Charlie Simmons? See if he can come over so we can start cleaning this mess up.” Phillip smiled his thanks and as his wife and daughter left the room, he noticed that Max still had a death grip on Liz’s hand. “Max, I think Liz might need the use of that hand later.”

“What?” Max glanced down, “Oh, Liz.” He let go and rubbed his hand nervously on his pants, “Sorry.” Liz smiled as she shook the feeling back into her hand, “I’m fine, Max. But I think I’ll let you and your dad chat while I go ‘powder my nose’.”

~~~~~~~~~

“You sure you don’t need us?” Kyle asked into the phone as Tess stood nearby. “Okay, we’ll be around if you do.” As he hung up, Tess asked. “Who was that? What did they say?”

“Alex - and just that the house is a mess. Mr. Evans had a panic attack, but he’s okay now.”

Tess nodded, “Well, if they don’t need us, I think I’ll take a shower.” She went into her ‘room’ to get her things. After she closed the bathroom door she stripped down, checked herself out in the mirror and with a few swipes removed any unsightly body hair. Boy, was she glad she didn’t have to resort to shaving or waxing like the human girls did. Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she glanced at the door and let out a shrill shriek.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After the EMTs pulled away from the Evans home, Sheriff Valenti went back inside and spoke to Phillip. “EMTs said you doing alright.”

Phillip nodded, “I’m fine, just feeling foolish that someone got the upper hand on us.” Valenti shook his head, “No need to feel that way at all. It used to be rare that vandals would break into a house if they knew someone was home, but nowadays, home invasions are on the rise.”

“And you think it was just vandals?” Phillip looked skeptical. “Using chloroform? Doesn’t that seem overkill?”

Valenti pointed out. “Anyone who’s ever watched a crime drama on television has heard of chloroform. Sometimes I think those shows are just a training ground for thieves.”

Phillip didn’t look convinced, so Valenti rushed on. “Just wanted to let you know that my officers have searched all around the outside of the house, and they didn’t find any footprints or forced entries. It appears that the patio door was unlocked, and that’s how they gained entrance.”

Phillip shook his head, “I’m sure I locked that door, along with the other doors before we went to bed.”

Valenti shared a look with Max and knew some individuals didn’t need to force an entry. He looked around, “I don’t suppose you folks had a chance to see if anything is missing?”

Diane answered, “No, we thought we should wait for the insurance agent. He’s going to take photos, then we’ll look through everything.”

Valenti nodded, “Well, there nothing much else for my men to do at this point. I’m going by the office and check to see if we’ve had any other similar incidents recently.” He put on his hat as he moved to the door, “I’ll be in touch later today, and I’ll need a copy of the insurance adjuster’s report.” Walking passed Liz and Maria, he touched his brim. “Ladies.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle had just settled down in front of the TV with a bag of pork rinds and can of Coke when he heard a scream from the bathroom. He hurried to the door, but before he could call out to Tess, she screamed again and he threw the door open. Tess stood beside the tub, the shower curtain wrapped around her. Her eyes flew to his, “Tess! What is it?” She pointed to the tub, “Spider, huge spider.”

He leaned over to look inside but didn’t see anything, nor did he see Tess scrunch up her face.

“Whoa!” He jumped back when he saw a huge black spider crawl out of the drain, but before he could look for something to kill it with, there was a flash of light and it suddenly shriveled into nothingness. He looked up to see Tess looking at him with a chagrined expression. “I don’t know why I didn’t just do that in the first place, instead of screaming like a girl.”

“That’s o....kay.” His voice trailed off as the reflection in the mirror behind Tess showed that she was indeed a girl. Even though she held the shower curtain to her front, her entire naked backside was there in all its female glory.

“Kyle, what is it?” She turned to follow his gaze, “Oh!” She whirled to wrap herself up, deliberately exposing one perky breast for Kyle's benefit.

Kyle's eyes widened before he looked everywhere but at Tess. “I’m... um... didn’t mean... uh... bye.” And he dashed out slamming the door behind him.

Tess dropped the shower curtain and grinned at her reflection. “Operation Seduce Kyle, Stage One complete.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phillip’s insurance agent and regular golfing buddy, Charlie Simmons arrived. “Phillip! Diane!” He looked around the messy living room. “My God, what a mess.”

Phillip clapped him on the shoulder, “At least you don’t have to clean it up.” Simmons shook his head, “and the rest of the house?” Phillip pointed the way, “See for yourself.”

As the ‘grown-ups' went into the hall, Liz tugged on Max's arm and they hung back. "Did you and your dad get to talk?"

Max nodded, "Some… Thanks for getting me in there." He wore a sheepish look. "I have to get over the medical thing." Liz fixed him with a look, "Max, you went through something unbelievably traumatic, and it's not something you can just sweep under the rug. I only wish you had someone to speak with about it."

He slid his hand into hers and gave it a squeeze, "I have you." She smiled, "Always. But you know what I mean... a professional."

"Well, we both know that's not possible, and even if it were, I don't think I could speak to a stranger about..." he looked down at the floor, "him."

Liz moved around to stand in front of him, and gazed up, "Well, we aren't professionals, but you do have a support group. Everyone in the ‘I know an alien club' loves you." She grinned cheekily, "Some of us more than others."

Max wrapped his arms around her and as he bent to take her lips with his, he murmured, "Don't ever stop."

“Get a room, you two!”

Max and Liz pulled apart to see a grinning Maria standing beside them, with a scowling Michael beside her.

“Maxwell, we need to talk about…” he looked around the tossed house, “this.”

Max rubbed his forehead, “I know, Michael, but we can’t with Mom and Dad around. We’ll have to get together later. In the meantime, we treat this like Valenti did – a standard home invasion.”

~~~~~~~~~

After a thorough tour of the house, and many photographs later, it was determined that the overall damage was minimal - although several things were missing; some of Diane’s jewelry and the emergency cash that Phillip kept in his desk in the den.

“Mom!” Isabel rushed out f her room, “Oh, Mom! They got my heart box.” There were tears in her eyes. “Oh, honey.” Diane wrapped her arms around Isabel who began to cry.

Mr. Simmons looked between them, “Heart box?” Diane explained, “It was a small red velvet heart shaped box that belonged…” her voice choked up, “to my mother.” Phillip continued for her, “It contained a garnet necklace and earrings, also heart shaped. Diane’s father gave it to her mother when they married - garnet was her birthstone. She gave it to Isabel on her last birthday.”

“Were they valuable?” The insurance agent asked.

“The monetary value is probably on a few hundred dollars,” Phillip answered, “but the sentimental value…” his voice trailed off.

“We’ll have the Sheriff put out an alert to the local pawn shops. If they pawn it, along with the other pieces, it might give the police a clue as to who our culprits are.” Mr. Simmons jotted down some notes, “Since they didn’t take any computers or electronics, I agree with the Sheriff - looks like the work of vandals, maybe looking for drug money, something they could easily take away and later pawn.”

“I guess.” Phillip still looked unconvinced. “I just can’t help but think there was more to it.”

Max and Michael shared a look, knowing he was right, but what could they say? “What about your work, Mr. Evans?” Michael asked, “Could someone be pissed off about a case and just came here for revenge?”

Mr. Simmons asked Phillip. “He could have a point. Are you working on any high profile cases?” Phillip shook his head, “No, just the usual divorces and minor criminal cases. I’m in the midst of an unpleasant property dispute, but certainly nothing that would warrant this.”

“What about your office?” Mr. Simmons asked.

“I called earlier,” Diane answered, “to let them know about the house and Phillip, and the secretary said everything was fine there.”

Since there didn’t seem to be anything related to Phillip’s work, the insurance agent said he would file the claim based on random vandalism. After he left, the Evans and the other kids all stood in the living room.

“I just don’t understand,” Diane wondered out loud as she looked in dismay at the job before them, “if all they wanted was money, why did they have wreck the house?”

“I don’t know, Mom,” Isabel hugged her mom, feeling guilty in her belief that the Skins had done this.

Alex shrugged, “Maybe it was some of those stoners that hang out around Fifth Street. They were probably hopped up when they broke in and just trashed the place for fun.”

Michael looked doubtfully at Alex, “What do you know about stoners or Fifth Street?”

“Hey, just because I live on the geek side of town – doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s happening on the other side.”

“Alex is right, Mom.” Max agreed, anxious to put the discussion behind them, “I guess there’s no point in trying to figure out a druggie’s brain.”

Ms. Evans shrugged, “Guess there’s nothing to do but get at it then.” She looked at Max, “I’m going to need you to run to the store and get some extra trash bags and cleaning supplies.”

“Before we do that,” Michael popped up, “did they wreck the fridge? Cause I didn’t get any breakfast.”

“Ow!” He cried out as Maria thwacked him on the arm, “Michael! How rude.”

“Ummm,” Alex raised his hand and shrugged, “hate to agree with ‘Mr. Rude’, but I’m kinda hungry, too.”

As the others nodded in agreement, Max looked at his watch, “Its closer to lunch now, so how about we pick up the supplies and bringing back some pizzas?”

Isabel reached for the phone, “I’ll call in an order so it’ll be ready when you guys go by to pick it up.”

~~~~~~~~~

While Max, Michael and Alex left to run their assigned errands, Mr. Evans went into his den to check in with his office. The ladies worked to straighten the dining room up first while waiting on the guys’ return. Liz and Maria called their respective parents to let them know they were back in town, what had happened at the Evans’ and that they would be home later in the day. When the guys returned, they settled around the dining room table to eat the stack of pizzas the boys carried into the house.

Isabel went into the kitchen and returned with a couple bottles of Tabasco. When Michael reached for one and doused his pepperoni and jalapeno pizza, Mr. Evans shook his head. “I’m used to seeing Max and Isabel eat their food hot as Hades, but you, too?”

Michael froze, mouth open and pizza half way to his mouth. He shrugged and glanced at Max, “I started when I saw Max use it when we were kids, now everything tastes kinda bland without it.”

Mr. Evans just reached for another slice of beef and mushrooms and shrugged, “To each his own.”

Soon there were only a few pieces of congealing pizza and dirty paper plates left on the dining room table – Isabel went for a trash bag and they all began clearing the table. Maria noticed Mr. Evans rubbing at his forehead and smiled, “Mr. and Mrs. E, why don’t you two go lie down a while, the rest of us can set things right.”

Mr. Evans shook his head, “I’m fine. I’m not some child in need of a nap.” Maria cocked an eye at his grumpy tone – (oh no, this one doesn’t need a nap.)

Mrs. Evans smiled at Maria, “Oh, thanks, honey, but there’s so much to do…” Isabel touched her arm and spoke softly. “Mom, we can do this. Besides, you know that Daddy won’t rest unless you do, and after this morning...” She let her voice trail off.
And so after some cajoling by Diane, the Evans’ retired to their room and the kids all pitched in and began the cleanup. They were all in the kitchen when Max looked down the hall to make sure his parent’s door was shut. “Okay, we all know that this wasn’t a bunch of drug addicts – it had to be the Skins.”

“I agree, Maxwell, but what were they looking for? We still don’t know how much they know about us.”

“Thanks to Courtney, I’d say they probably know quite a lot.” Maria pointed out.

“True.” Liz agreed. “And we did destroy their new husks. They must be getting in bad shape by now. Maybe they were looking for the healing stones?”

“If they even knew we had them.” Max looked around at Michael and Isabel, “At least they’re out at the pod chamber with what other bits we have.”

“Could it have just been revenge?” Alex asked, “Like Liz said, they sure have reason to be pissed off at you guys.”

“I don’t know,” Isabel pushed her hands through her hair, “right now, let’s just get this place cleaned up.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Max and Liz were working on his room, Max picking up strewn clothing while Liz gathered up music CDs, DVDs and books that had been tossed carelessly around. “You know, Max, your dad’s smart – when he has time to think about it, no way is he going to buy that this was a drug money robbery. And he’s a lawyer, he won’t just let this go.” Liz stated as she laid items on Max’s desk.

“I agree.” Max nodded, putting socks and underwear back into his dresser. “It must have been the Skins, but I just can’t think what they could have been looking for.”

“We may never know.” Then Liz cried out, “Augh!” She bent down and picked up a framed picture of herself and showed Max the crushed glass and frame. Someone had obviously stepped on it. As she frowned at the photo of herself, Max took it from her. With a wave of his hand, it was instantly repaired. “That’s one of my favorites of you.” She reached up to give him a kiss in thanks.

When he wrapped his arms around her and deepened the kiss, she reluctantly pulled away. “Uh uh, we have too much to finish up in here to get distracted.” As she stepped away to put the photo back on his desk he frowned, but knew she was right.

A few minutes later Max straightened up from putting stuff in his lower dresser drawer, and caught a reflection of Liz in the mirror. She was bending over the bed as she stretched to put the sheets back on, her cute little butt wriggling with the effort – a page from the sex manual popped into his head and he felt himself harden. He turned and moved to stand behind her, “Liz?”

“Hmmmm?” She backed off the bed and had her right foot on the floor and her left knee bent on the bed when she bumped into Max. “Oh.” He steadied her by grasping her hips. His voice low, he asked, “When you were reading that manual the other night, did you notice Page 47?” Liz froze, feeling him pressing against her, as his husky voice sent tremors through her. “Pa…page 4… 47?” He wrapped his arms around her, one hand slid low on her stomach and pulled her back against his growing erection, while the other reached up to cup her breast. “If you don’t remember,” he whispered into her ear, “I could show you.” And her knees grew weak.

~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC ~ Image
Devil Kitty
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Devil Kitty »

After many moons, LOL, I finally have an update! So without further ado... :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~

From Chapter 23…

A few minutes later Max straightened up from putting stuff in his lower dresser drawer, and caught a reflection of Liz in the mirror. She was bending over the bed as she stretched to put the sheets back on, her cute little butt wriggling with the effort – a page from the sex manual popped into his head and he felt himself harden. He turned and moved to stand behind her, “Liz?”

“Hmmmm?” She backed off the bed and had her right foot on the floor and her left knee bent on the bed when she bumped into Max. “Oh.” He steadied her by grasping her hips. His voice low, he asked, “When you were reading that manual the other night, did you notice Page 47?” Liz froze, feeling him pressing against her, as his husky voice sent tremors through her. “Pa…page 4… 47?” He wrapped his arms around her, one hand slid low on her stomach and pulled her back against his growing erection, while the other reached up to cup her breast. “If you don’t remember,” he whispered into her ear, “I could show you.” And her knees grew weak.

Chapter 24

Liz let her head fall back on Max’s shoulder as he nibbled on her neck and that delicious rushing began to pulse through her bloodstream. She turned her head and fastened her lips on his, turning into his embrace. As their kisses grew more heated, she forced herself to pull away. “Max, wait…” she rested her forehead on his shoulder, “we can’t… not here. Your folks, the others…”

His groan, his chin on the top of her head, “I know… I shouldn’t have started anything, but…” he dropped a kiss on her forehead, “you just have…” a kiss on her nose, “such a cute…” his hands slid down and he squeezed, “butt.” Liz blushed with a giggling, “Maxxxx.” He continued, “And I just want you so much.” Liz sighed, as she felt that ‘want’ pressing against her. “I want you, too, Max, but…” Something caught her eye and she smiled up at him. “What about your playhouse?” She looked out the window and pointed to the little building on the back corner of the lot.

“Playhouse!?!” Aghast, Max pulled back. “I do not have a playhouse!”

Liz held her hands up at his affronted expression. “Sorry…”

“That is Isabel’s playhouse, or was – now my mom uses it for her gardening stuff.”

“Playhouse, garden shed, whatever.” Liz cocked an eye at him, “Is it private?”

He grinned, “Pretty much.” Grabbing her hand he pulled her over to open the window, “Let’s go.”

~~~~~~~~

Alex stuck his head into Isabel’s room, “Michael and I finished the living room, if you need any help…” His voice trailed off as the saw Isabel and Maria sitting on the bed of her pristine room looking at fashion magazines. He looked at Isabel, “You cheated.”

“Of course, I did.” She grinned, “I’m not meant for hard labor.”

“So why did you tell Michael no hocus pocus?”

Isabel gave him a ‘you got to be kidding’ look and held up a finger, “First of all, he’d probably blow something up, and” raising another finger, “second, I couldn’t have Mom or Dad pop into the open areas and see stuff flying back into place. In here, we had the door shut.”

Alex rolled his eyes, “So I guess Max put his room back to rights, too.”

Maria looked up from her magazine, “Wouldn’t know, and I’m certainly not going in there.” She cocked her head, “Although it’s certainly quite over there.”

“I think I know why.” Alex pointed to the window, where they saw Max and Liz darting into the little playhouse.

“Oh! My! God!” Isabel exclaimed as she jumped up, “Not in my playhouse!” She headed to the door, “I ought to…” Alex grabbed her arm and interrupted her, “Do you really want to go there?” As Isabel’s face scrunched up in disgust, Maria just shook her head. “Those two are worse than a couple of bunnies that just got out of prison.”

~~~~~~~~

As soon as they cleared the door, Max had a giggling Liz pushed up against it, his mouth crushing hers. His hands were equally busy pushing and pulling at her clothing. He quickly ripped off his own tee and Liz gasped, “Max, are you in a hurry?” His raspy, “oh, yeah,” against her neck sent shivers down her spine. As he worked on quickly disposing of her bra, Liz opened glazed eyes to notice the small room they were standing in.

“Uhmm, Max?” She forced herself to concentrate as he suckled on the vein throbbing in her neck. Oh, that was going to leave a mark.

“Yeah?”

“When… uh, when was the last time you were in here?” His lips made their way back to her mouth, he mumbled, “Not since we were kids. Why?” But his lips kept her from answering.

Liz forced herself to pull away. “Max, look around.”

He looked at her in momentary confusion, then turned to face the room. “Oh, wow.” He gazed in dismay. The only furniture was an old dinette table and a couple of stools. There were bags of potting soil, some spilled on the table and the floor, pots of various sizes and gardening implements on the little counters. It was a mess.

Behind him, Liz rubbed his back. “It’s okay, Max, we can…” she dropped a kiss on his shoulder blade with a disappointed, “wait.” But ’Wait’ was currently not on Max’s vocabulary list.

He held up a finger, “I don’t think so.” And he raised his hand and Liz watched in admiration as everything in the tiny room began to swirl around, the pots and tools were settled on the tiny countertop, the dirt was scooped together in the corner, and the table was now spotless. Liz stepped out from behind Max, “That was amazing.” Painfully aware of his erection pressing against his jeans, Max knew that amazing was still yet to come.

But before he could reach for her, Liz stepped into the middle of the room. Although it was no longer a playhouse, the painted walls and curtains were definitely suited to a little girl. “This is so cute. I’d have loved for Isabel to have invited us to play here when we were little.” She smiled over her shoulder, “Can’t you just picture me and Maria dressed up having a tea party?”

Max slid his arm around her waist and cupped a bare breast, “Liz, the last image I want in my brain right now is you as a little girl.” As he nuzzled her neck, he murmured, “Not with what I have planned for you.”

Liz grinned, “And just what do you have planned, Mr. Evans?”

“Let me refresh your memory.” And he took her lips with his, as his hands worked to unfasten her pants and pushed them to the floor. She kicked them off, along with her flip-flop sandals, and Max lifted her to sit on the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Isabel wrote a note to her parents “Drove the others home, back later.” She fastened it to the refrigerator with a little alien head magnet. Michael looked at it and rolled his eyes, “Nice.” Isabel grinned, “Yes, he does look a little like you.”

As they pulled out of the driveway, Michael asked, “Can we stop by the store? I don’t have much left in my fridge.”

Isabel looked at him in the rearview mirror, “Michael, you never have much in your fridge.” But she headed to the supermarket and soon the foursome was making their way through the store, pushing a shopping cart.

As Isabel and Maria both tossed items into the cart, Michael objected. “Hey, have you two forgotten I don’t have a money tree in my backyard?”

Alex grinned, “When did you get a backyard?” Michael glared, “Patio… backyard… it still don’t have a money tree.”

“Relax, Michael.” Isabel ordered, “I have my dad’s credit card with me.”

Michael perked up, and tossing an arm casually around her shoulder, “Well, in that case, let’s head over to the meat department.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max gently bent Liz backward to lie on the table and captured her perky nipple in his mouth. Liz clasped his head to her chest with a moan as his lips tugged sending shivers down her spine. Her heart raced as Max’s lips traveled from her breasts down her stomach, stopping briefly to dip his tongue into her bellybutton. Anticipation built as he slowly made his way even lower, his teeth lightly nipping at the skin on her lower belly.

His hands smoothed up and down the outside of her legs, and gently lifting them, he kissed the inside of each thigh as he placed them over his shoulders. He heard Liz’s breath catch as his lips neared her core. He loved the little keening sounds she made in her throat as his tongue swiped up over her throbbing flesh. He licked, kissed and nibbled until Liz was no more than a quivering mass of nerve endings, “Max, please…” He rose up to lean over her, whispering against her lips. “Soon.”

She whimpered in disappointment when instead of returning to finish what he had started, he stepped back to remove the rest of his clothing. Smiling, Max leaned forward to wrap an arm around her waist and he lifted her to her feet. “Max… what…?” But he just whispered, “shhhhhh, trust me,” as he turned her to face away from him pulling her against his body. When he slid his hand down around her stomach for his fingers to massage her swollen folds, she let her head fall back on his shoulder, “Always.”.

As his fingers manipulated her flesh, she lifted a leg and placed her knee on edge of the table, opening herself up to give his fingers better access. He whispered into her ear, “Remember when we were in my room?” She tried to focus on his words, but his magic fingers were sending delicious little tremors of desire pulsing through her making it difficult to concentrate. “Ummm…. hmmm…”

“When I asked if you remembered Page 47?”

Liz smiled in eagerness “oh, right”. Liz was floating in a sensuous haze as Max gently bent her over the table, but when he inserted his hard length into her, she opened her eyes in wide surprise. Oh my, she thought. He’d never felt so large, and she’d never felt so full, and it felt so good. Taking hold of her hips, Max began to slowly move inside her, gradually building up speed - and as he pumped harder their bodies matched in rhythm. They murmured encouragement to each other as their bodies slapping together, and before long Liz felt her climax quickly approaching. When Max slipped his hand around to flick his thumb at her little nub, her knees grew wobbly and she grabbed the edge of the table and held on for dear life. All it took was a little ‘alien boost’ to send her flying apart. Her cries of satisfaction bringing Max to the brink. As soon as Liz convulsed tightly around him, Max let go of his control and calling out her name he joined her in what was yet another mindblowing orgasm. Afterwards, they both sank to the floor in a puddle of satisfaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell over the grimy screened door jingled as the door opened into the run down pawn shop, the equally grimy clerk sitting behind the counter didn’t bother to look up from his perusal of Miss July’s centerfold. A lone oscillating fan struggled to stir the air.

“It’s stifling in here.” A feminine voice complained.

The clerk responded, “Yeah, AC went out this morning.” Then he looked up and his eyes widened at the attractive blond standing just inside the door. He grinned with a leer, “but you look like you could handle the heat.” He took in the slender legs from the edge of the short skirt to the pink tipped toes peeking out of strappy sandals. His eyes traveled back up in admiration only to be met with the icy cold stare of green eyes as she moved to the counter and sat a box down. Taking in the middle aged man with bad hair and worse teeth, she retorted. “You’d be surprised what I can handle. But I don’t think you want to find out.”

Brrrrrr He no longer needed the AC to feel chilled. Offended, the clerk stood up and looked into the box, “Looks like junk. Don’t need no junk.”

The woman pulled out a set of pearl earrings. “Those are real diamond chips in that setting.” Then she opened up a heart shaped box, “And these are real garnets, set in 14 carat gold.”

He eyed the jewelry, “I'll give you 50 bucks for the lot”. But when he looked into those cold green eyes staring back at him he felt a chill run down his spine. There was just something off about this chick. And though she never said a word, he amended his offer. “Okay, I”ll make it a hundred, but that’s all. I gotta make a living, ya know.”

Since she didn’t really care about the money, she nodded, “Fine, $100.00 for the contents of this box. But,” She pointed to just outside the screen door, “how much for that?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isabel and Maria turned the corner to enter the back of Michael’s apartment building, each carrying a couple small bags of groceries. Alex and Michael followed behind them, each loaded down with more groceries and luggage. Alex grumbled, “Why do I have more bags than you? These aren’t even my groceries?”

“You don’t have more bags than me, I have more than you.” Then Michael glared at the back of Maria’s head as he maneuvered one of Maria’s satchels. “Good grief, Maria, we were gone for a weekend, not a month. I don’t know why you couldn’t carry some of these.”

Maria didn’t even look back, “Because I’m carrying the eggs, Michael. They’re very delicate, and you wouldn’t want me to risk breaking them.”

“Delicate’s ass - I can hear the smirk on your face, Maria.”

“Oh, stop complaining already.” Isabel shook her head as she stepped up on the small patio, “we’re here.” She reached to wave her hand to unlock the patio door, but froze when she noticed the door ajar. “Michael… did you leave your doors unlocked?”

He shifted his bags and baggage, “No, why… Aughhhhhhhh!” He dropped everything into a pile as he stared at a large chain and padlock lying on the edge of the patio. “Where the hell’s my bike?!?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max gathered Liz onto his lap as they sat on the floor and with his back resting against a cabinet door; he cradled her against him, dropping little kisses on her shoulders as Liz lay against him in a happy daze. Their heartbeats slowing down, she lifted sated eyes to look into his, “Max, that was…” She just shook her head in incredulity. He chucked softly, “Different? Adventurous?” He cupped her face and whispered against her lips, “Incredibly hot?” When their lips parted, she sighed, “All of the above.”

Max’s body was already beginning to respond to hers again when suddenly they were interrupted by a “chhhhrrrrrpppp” “chhhrrrrrpppp” Max groaned as Liz looked over, “Max, do you have a bird in your pants?”

“Damn.” He reached for his pants and pulled out his cell phone. Seeing the caller ID, “It’s Michael. This better be good.” He answered with a still relaxed, “M’lo.” But soon he sat up straight, “Isabel?” causing Liz to slide off his lap and onto the floor. “Umphhh.”

“Call Valenti - We’ll be right there.” He flipped the phone, and looked into her concerned face. “We gotta get dressed,” he reached for their clothes, “Michael’s apartment has been trashed.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doors to the lab were thrust open and several workers looked up in alarm as King K’var stormed through. “Is she still under?” He asked in an annoyed voice as he approached the area where his sister reclined, still hooked up to the machinery that allowed her to connect with the earthling. “I was expecting a report hours ago.”

The only being in the room that wasn’t completely intimidated by the King was Sh’nar’s head assistant, Jovan. He bowed his head in respect, “Your highness.” Checking on his instruments, “I’m expecting her to come around soon. She’s been staying under for longer and longer periods. I must admit, I’m becoming concerned.”

“You would risk my sister’s health?” K’var fixed a steely gaze on Jovan and commanded, “Wake her immediately.”

“That would not be wise, your highness, while there isn’t any immediate danger to the Lady Sh’nar, breaking the connection so abruptly could do irreparable damage to her human host.”

“Bah. If this one is lost, we’ll just use another.” K’var uncaringly shrugged off the idea of a human’s death.

“Your highness, it is not that easy. Only a small percentage of humans have the flaw in their makeup that will allow us to contact them. Losing her would be a setback to the program.”

“Very well.” Not happy, but resigned, K’var turned to bark at one of the assistants, “find me a proper chair to sit in while we wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madison stumbled into the bedroom of her small apartment, the pain in her head so excruciating that she could barely focus to make it to the bed before falling onto it face first. She couldn’t remember coming home, or where she’d been. Once prone, she couldn’t bring herself to move, much less bothering to remove her shoes. Within minutes she lapsed into grateful unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
TBC Image