Control (AU without A, M/L, Mature) Prologue 07/19/20

For stories that are mostly conventional in their couplings, but might explore one UC relationship, or might explore a UC relationship to some degree. It is also for stories where to reveal the eventual pairings in an Author’s Note might spoil the story. It is also for character driven fic that focuses mostly on one specific character. Main character death fics might also be safer here. This is a "read at your own risk" forum. Please read Forum Rules for more information.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Stefuh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Control (AU without A, M/L, Mature) Prologue 07/19/20

Post by Stefuh » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Title : Control
Category : Alien Abyss (angst), AU without Aliens.
Rating : Mature
Pairing : M/L
Disclaimer : I do not own Roswell nor the characters, those belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN.
Summary : Liz has finally landed the part she was waiting for, but with it, she'll discover that her life in Los Angeles won't be as perfect as she had previously hoped...
Trigger Warning : Eating Disorder, Anorexia, Bulimia, Self-Loathing... Depression maybe.
A/N : English isn't my first language and Control is my first Roswell story, so please be nice! I don't have a beta, so if anyone notices any error, you can tell me! :) The prologue is short, but the chapters will be longer.

Prologue

Liz dry-heaved one last time into the toilet bowl and then froze as she opened her eyes... Her respiration started to grow shallow as an anxiety attack seized her small body.

Blood.

There had never been blood before.

Feeling the tears slid down her face both from the vomiting and the anxiety, she quickly flushed down the spoilt water, wishing the guilt to go away with it, as she got to her feet, trembling.

At the same time, the door from the ladies' bathroom opened, and Liz closed her eyes, making herself feel smaller in the stall, hoping no one had heard her, or that it wasn't Maria, Sofia or even Max...

She let a sigh of relief passed her lips as she heard a costumer or employee from the burger joint enter the stall next to her. She quickly opened the door before she made her way to the sink, rinsing her mouth and splashing some water on her face, hoping it would erase the tears along with her sullen expression.

The fake smile she put on didn't reach the brunette's eyes, but she knew that she would be able to rectify it back in front of the cameras after lunch break. Liz popped a mint into her month, sucking on it as the fresh taste invaded her mouth.

She couldn't let the sight of the blood worry her, not now... She had to get back to work, back to pretending everything was fine.
Last edited by Stefuh on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Control (AU without A, M/L, Mature) Prologue 07/19/20

Post by keepsmiling7 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:08 am

Can't wait to see where this goes.....
Thanks for bringing us a new story!