Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Twilighteyes
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch. 93 5/12/16 p. 78

Post by Twilighteyes »

Just found this!!!!!! so incredible amazing!!!!!!! cant wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dig my grave,
Dig it deep.
Marble stone,
From head to feet.
And on that stone,
Place a dove.
To show the world,
I died for love.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

wow, liz is so strong
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Feedback Chapter 93

Finally getting around to posting this. You must have the patience of a saint. ;)
max and liz believer wrote:True :roll: And one of my best friends told me very recently to spend some time each day on writing, for my own well-being, so hopefully the time between updates won't be too long.
I like this friend of yours. Seriously. Whoever they are tell them good thinking. On a serious note they obviously they know what a good writer you are. Plus it feeds my addiction. Win-win-win all around I say. :wink: :lol:

This chapter wasn't an easy one to write I imagine. There were so many thoughts and emotions flying around it at once it was almost difficult to keep up with. At one point I wanted to slap Liz and go "focus!" But then she was basically in the middle of a breakdown and that's what happens. Emotions and thoughts are haywire. Even small actions become monumental. Listening to people who are trying to help is difficult even if it's the right thing to do.

It almost felt like a worse breaking point then when she burned Sean if I'm honest. Because she was just not Liz at that point. Previously, even during everything, she could focus on her love for Max and on Max. In this chapter she was lost because she wasn't able to do that. It's amazing just how quickly they've become (almost) fully one.

It makes you wonder just how fast the rebellion thought this would all go down and if that's why they allowed Max and Liz to stay in captivity too long. We still don't know why they weren't pulled sooner. I imagine (in some ways) their connection would have been stronger by now if they wouldn't have been separated. But in other ways I imagine it's gotten stronger as well. That whole "whatever doesn't kill you" logic. Still the rebellion was taking a risk that they would be killed.

Anyways, I digress.

Where the heck is everyone else? Why are there no reinforcements? They had to known that M/L would have been followed and Maria was unconscious - therefore a liability. How were they tracked? Alex was getting rid of the footprints.

What I really didn't understand is how Dresden would know what emotions were required for healing. And in some ways, in their alien culture, it doesn't make sense. Healers would then, by necessity, be more loving than their peers. But that isn't always the case I imagine. It can't be or Max would know how much his father actually loves. Philip couldn't have kept that part hidden or out of the equation during Max's training. It would be like teaching Max to drive blindfolded. So how does Dresden know so much about healing and how much emotions do Antarians really feel?

I have theories mind you. ;)

Wanna hear them? Hmmm... Perhaps that would be giving too much away. *laughs*

I admit I was a little on edge (because I never freak out over this story :roll: ) when Max was silent so long through the connection. But then as I was musing it over I realized that she probably couldn't reach him because he was knocked unconscious. A wound/attack like that is bound to knock him out for awhile. Him coming back at the end like that makes sense if you look at it that way instead of he died and then came back so she could save him. Still for awhile there you had me guessing. ;)

Ahem... So... I'm posting this. Because I've been thinking the chapter through mentally for a few days and this FB would be a novel's worth if I didn't cut if off at some point. But please feel free to give us lots of hints, tips and goodies. Or the next chapter. You know. Whichever. You can pick. Or you can do all of them. Because I'm not picky right now. Mostly I'm working on my puppy dog eyes. ;)

Jo... I have puppy dog eyes. And chocolate. And lots of fresh fruit. Pick your poison! ;)
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

NINETY-FOUR

Post by max and liz believer »

I'm sorry for the delay, you guys :oops: :( I have two mornings per week when I have the opportunity to write, but these mornings have been taken up by appointments lately, so I got a bit behind. But I'm here now. And hopefully you are still too :D

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl)
Finally getting around to posting this. You must have the patience of a saint. ;)
Right back atcha :roll:
At one point I wanted to slap Liz and go "focus!" But then she was basically in the middle of a breakdown and that's what happens. Emotions and thoughts are haywire. Even small actions become monumental. Listening to people who are trying to help is difficult even if it's the right thing to do.
You know, I had the same feeling when I read through the chapter before sending it off for editing. That Liz wasn't focusing on what was important. But that's what it was like to be inside of her head and writing it down - too overwhelming and confusing. She's in shock. She's just seen a large hole in a body. And not just a body - which is traumatizing enough - but her boyfriend's body. And on top of that, she's asked to fix him. To carry that weight on your shoulders. That possible guilt that would follow were he not to survive. So yes, her thoughts were all over the place.
It almost felt like a worse breaking point then when she burned Sean if I'm honest. Because she was just not Liz at that point. Previously, even during everything, she could focus on her love for Max and on Max. In this chapter she was lost because she wasn't able to do that. It's amazing just how quickly they've become (almost) fully one.
Exactly. When she's been in dangerous and threatening situations in the past, she's found her strength in Max. In the presence of him in her head. In the knowledge of him being there - somewhere. Now, she hasn't only lost the presence of Max, he might die. In a way, she's lost her anchor. The anchor she firmly clung to in everything alien-related and frighteningly. So she's lost.
Where the heck is everyone else? Why are there no reinforcements? They had to known that M/L would have been followed and Maria was unconscious - therefore a liability. How were they tracked? Alex was getting rid of the footprints.
All very good questions :roll:
What I really didn't understand is how Dresden would know what emotions were required for healing. And in some ways, in their alien culture, it doesn't make sense. Healers would then, by necessity, be more loving than their peers. But that isn't always the case I imagine. It can't be or Max would know how much his father actually loves. Philip couldn't have kept that part hidden or out of the equation during Max's training. It would be like teaching Max to drive blindfolded. So how does Dresden know so much about healing and how much emotions do Antarians really feel?
There's most likely an explanation to this. Maybe it has to do with the hint Dresden gave Liz that they had met before. Hence, maybe the answers to those questions lie in Max and Liz's pasts.
Because I've been thinking the chapter through mentally for a few days and this FB would be a novel's worth if I didn't cut if off at some point.
Yay! I novel for a novel :wink:

Thank you so much for the feedback, hun. It almost appears as if I was waiting for you to post before I myself posted, but it just happened that I got the chapter back this morning - right along with your feedback :roll:

Eve (begonia9508)
I can't believe the impact your story has to me! :roll: :shock:

Here I am - shouting at Liz to concentrate and not let herself occupied with Dresden and co!
I have to admit that I'm extremely happy to hear that my story has such an impact on you. Even if it seems to make you really upset :roll: 8)
He is not really the clever alien on earth!
Well... We'll find out more about Michael later, but maybe he's not as stupid as he seems, just impulsive about certain things/people :wink:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Carolyn (keepsmiling7)
and I don't think we are out of the woods yet.
Probably not... :?

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Helen (roswelllostcause)
Love can do amazing things!
Love saved Max!
:D :D True :mrgreen:

Thank you, Helen :D

Twilighteyes
Just found this!!!!!! so incredible amazing!!!!!!! cant wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yaaay! I'm just as excited as you seem to be :D :D :D :mrgreen: Welcome to the story! It's great to have you here :D And thank you so much for your words.

Natalie36
wow, liz is so strong
She is. I'm so glad you're seeing that. Thank you :D :D

From NINETY-THREE:

His voice softened further and he nodded encouragingly in Max’s direction, ”Trust me. It’ll work. You’re the most amazing human being I’ve ever met. If anyone can do this, it’s
you.”

Even though I knew that he was using his powers on me, to push my panic away, there was nothing fake about the love I was seeing in his eyes. It was all real. And it was thrumming into my heart, making it alive again.

I had lost my way there for a second, being submerged in darkness, but Alex was leading me home. Pointing out the light to me again.

So this time, with Alex’s touch on my shoulder, Dresden’s energy feeding into me through our connected hands, and my hand pressed to Max’s skin, I didn’t think about Max’s injury when I closed my eyes. I didn’t try to figure out how to heal him.

This time I focused only on
Max. On everything that made Max into the person that I loved with every cell in my body.

And I could feel it happening inside of me. The same thing that I had felt thrumming through me just before Max had been injured. Energy. Pure, untainted, energy. Bright and warm.
Healing.

I was partly aware of Dresden sharply letting go of my hand and Alex’s hand dropping off my shoulder, as if they had been repelled.

But it failed to engage my attention, because two seconds after that a voice I had longed to hear for what seemed to be an eternity spoke directly into my head.

Three simple words that had the power to save my whole existence.

I love you.

My eyes sprung open in surprised shock and I found myself enveloped by glitter.

I blinked, acutely aware of the buzz in my mind - like white noise - and quickly assessed my surroundings.

No, it wasn’t glitter. But it could easily be mistaken for it since the air around me seemed to shimmer. Almost sparkle. Judging by my difficulty to see the details of the people around me, I suspected that there was some kind of barrier between me and them. Like the alien force field.

But when I looked down at Max, I realized that he was with me on the ’inside’ because his eyes were clear and distinct as they connected with mine.

The sight of his eyes, being wide open, gave me a jolt and my lungs sharply expanded.

My throat instantly clogged up, my eyes filled with tears, and all I could manage was a mentally whispered, Hi, while my mind was going insane. Uncontrolled happiness was exploding inside of me, making my thoughts scream at each other in some comical inner dialogue of ecstasy.

Oh my God. He’s awake. He’s awake.

He’s here.

Did I heal him? Is he okay?

And so on.

The next second, when he lifted his hand to shakily brush it against my cheek, and his eyes glittered with emotion and awe, my mind grew silent and my tears spilled down my cheeks as my eyes drifted closed in relieved disbelieving gratitude.

The trembles of his hand against my face accentuated the fact that I myself was quavering.

The world outside of our shimmering bubble didn’t exist. It was only the two of us. Now more than ever before.

I lifted my hand to cradle the back of his against my cheek, pressing myself against his presence. Trying to absorb him through my skin. Through that simple point of contact.

But it was nothing simple. Something powerful, something very tangible, was growing and pulsating where our skin touched.

”You’re glowing.”

His voice was subdued, barely there, thick and raspy. As if he hadn’t used it for years. But it was music to my ears. It flowed against my essence like the smoothest of chocolate.

It made me open my eyes again to look at him. I wondered if he had even blinked during these few seconds, or if his eyes had remained strictly attached to my face.

Hearing his voice brought me back to reality. Made it all the more real. Made every emotion that I had been keeping a firm lid on boil over. Which is why it suddenly all became too much. The fear, the pain, the worry, the relief, and the pure happiness.

My wet face brushed against his as I leaned forward and buried my face into the crook of his neck. My sobs were loud and violent, shaking my body, burning through my chest.

I pushed my hands beneath his neck, behind his shoulders, and pulled him closer. Clinging to him. I was acutely aware of my weight on top of his chest. I was afraid that I was hurting him, but at the same time I couldn’t get myself to consider that he might not be fully healed. That there might still be a hole in him. That he had contacted me through our bond ’too early’ and thus interrupting the healing process.

I didn’t want to look at his abdomen and find out that he might only be conscious for a short while, before his injury would end him. I didn’t want to entertain the possibility that this might be his final goodbye.

Because there was a very real possibility that my energy - and the energy supplied by Dresden and Alex - had only been enough to bring Max back to consciousness.

But I refused to think about that.

Instead I pressed my nose firmly against his skin, ignored how his neck almost chilled the tip of my nose rather than heat it like it normally would, and tried to catch some breaths between the sobs.

I didn’t want to leave this moment. This feeling of his arm wrapping around the back of my shoulders and pressing me close, overriding my fear of crushing him.

I’m not sure how long we stayed like that, but our minds were silent. Calm in the presence of each other. Just reveling in the feel of holding one another and breathing in the smell of each other’s proximity.

I think he was crying too. Because wetness was running down the side of my ear, wetting the edges of my hairline.

Eventually my sobs quieted. Eventually the emotions calmed down to more reasonable levels. Eventually I started placing small brief kisses against his skin, feeling only one emotion drowning everything else out.

Love.

”You did it,” he whispered then, his voice more affected than before.

”What?” I asked quietly.

I felt drained. All I wanted to do was to align our bodies together, wrap my arms around him and fall into him.

”You healed me.” His voice was breathless. Wondrous.

His tone made me pull back enough to be able to look down at him and was immediately zinged by the heat in his eyes. The heat that spoke directly to my core. The heat that - in the midst of the danger we were in and the life-threatening situation we had cornered ourselves into - was telling me to take my clothes off and make love to him. To connect with that primal, deeply emotional part of him. To feel connected again.

It took a monumental effort to tear my eyes from his and look down his body. To confirm what he had just claimed.

I stared at the now intact skin of the middle of his body and slowly wet my lips. ”How?”

His eyes were burning against the side of my face as I traced the contours of his muscled abdomen. My inner eye could still see the injury, even though it was - actually - completely gone.

”I never would have believed it, if…” his voice trailed off. He was just as perplexed as I was.

”I healed you,” I said, deliberately tasting the meaning of that sentence.

There was a short pause, in which we both reacquainted ourselves with the reality that I had somehow managed to heal a vast, life-threatening, injury. Me, a human being.

Then Max’s lips tenderly pressed against my cheek and I naturally turned in his direction, connecting our lips together. Even though his lips were colder than usual and almost cracked from dryness, it was an indescribable sensation. To taste him, to feel the gentleness of his kiss, to touch the tip of my tongue to his, to get caught up in the kiss and press firmer, pull his upper lip between my warm lips, to feel the heat build between our bodies, to feel his lips getting warmer by the second and his hands around my body turn both restless and stronger.

He got up on his knees, taking us to the same level, making it possible for me to wrap my arms around his shoulders and bury my hands in the nape of his hair, while his arms encircled my waist and aligned my chest and stomach with his.

While our lips caressed and our tongues made love, Max’s hands moved along the lining of my jeans, restlessly moving up underneath my sweater, tracing up my spine and spreading out across my shoulder blades.

We had no thoughts about where we were. We were no longer aware of the fact that we were not alone. We had (conveniently) forgotten that we needed to get moving, that our lives might still be threatened. That it was no longer safe here.

Well, it passed our attention until Michael started yelling.

”What the fuck are you doing? Are you trying to get us killed?! How am I supposed to protect you if you can’t keep your hands off each other?! Even when we have a fucking target on our heads?!”

I ripped my head back, Max being slower, Max knew to ignore Michael, even in the heat of danger.

I had time to see the shimmer around us shine brighter, before it vanished like smoke. With my cheeks heating with residual passion, I looked back at Max, suspecting that he’d had something to do with the disappearance of the shimmer (whatever it had been).

There was a small smile on his lips, his eyes probably never having left my face. And against my better judgement, considering the seriousness of the situation that Michael was quite blatantly referring to, I felt the corners of my mouth turn upwards in a matching smile.

And we were back to being inside our ’personal bubble’. With a frustrated tall alien outside, who was most likely mentally tapping his foot impatiently against the ground at our inability to focus on the task at hand.

Someone cleared their throat, and revealed his identity by following up with, ”That’s incredible. You actually… You actually healed him. Completely. I didn’t think you’d be able to completely heal him.”

I looked at Dresden, tried to read his face, feeling the increasing warmth from Max’s palms still rubbing up and down my back. And in the silence of observing the awe residing deeply in the senior alien’s facial features, I realized that my thoughts were no longer solitary. It was no longer that I could hear Max’s thoughts communicating with mine, our thoughts dueling with each other in subconscious dialogues. Now it was more like our thoughts were blending. Or more like synchronizing. Yes, that was Max’s word for it. Synchronizing. That we were getting on the same wavelength. Not that one thought was obliterating the other but more aligning us along the same frequency.

It took me by surprise, interrupted my (our) train of thought. But as my panic rushed through me and the thoughts flew through my head (would I not be able to think my own thoughts any longer? Would I lose my own identity? Was I merging with Max?), I realized that I obviously still could think. That I could still get my thoughts through. If they screamed loud enough, they were being noticed as thoughts that were clearly my own.

But now, Max’s presence in my mind soothed my fears. Instead of calming me down by distinct thoughts (as if he was speaking to me directly), it was an awareness rather than a thought. A guided feeling.

It reminded me of Alex’s power. How he would gently nudge your feelings in the right direction. But just like with Alex, I still had the power - the ability - to stop where Max’s influence was taking me if I didn’t want to go in that direction.

This realization - along with Max’s newfound calmness about our connection (where had that come from?) - pushed away my momentary panic over the risk of losing who I was. Losing the right to my own will or the control over my own mind.

”She is amazing,” Max told Dresden, still looking at me. Still making sure that I remained calm.

Max had reached a state of tranquility inside of him that was starting to intrigue me. As though he had not just come to peace with the connection, but had embraced it fully.

He had finally realized that it was a positive force which would bring us closer. To make us stronger. To make us survive.

He had done a complete one-eighty on me.

Now I was the hesitant one.

”We have removed the most pressing threat, but we need to get away from here.”

I shivered with coldness at Alex’s voice. It sounded even more mangled, more garbled, than previously. Maybe his desperation to get me to heal Max had strengthen his voice momentarily, maybe he had gotten worse in the time that I was healing Max, or maybe I just hadn’t noticed before.

But as Max and I turned our heads in unison towards Alex, gastric fluid rose in my throat so abruptly that I had to swallow rapidly to stop myself from throwing up.

It was not only his mouth and cheek that were drooping now. Even his bottom eyelid was hanging low, making his eye seem exposed and vulnerable, the whiteness of the eye globe tainted with red. I was suddenly afraid that he might be losing his eye. That it might pop out of the socket at any time.

Why was it that his injuries were progressively becoming worse, even when he was no longer under attack?

But I already knew the answer, because Max knew the answer.

Alex had been hit by an energy blast. The same type that Max had used out in the pelting rain, which had blown up rocks. The energy was so concentrated that it heated and melted. The heat remained within the cells for a long time. Like an old electric radiator that took forever to cool off.

Nausea made my knees weak. Tempted me to double over and empty my stomach content on the dirt ground. Because the truth was that Alex was still burning. He was still being burnt alive.

I couldn’t even imagine the pain. I couldn’t understand how he could be standing. How he could be talking. How he wasn’t curled up in fetal position and screaming in terrorizing agony while his face continued to melt.

I couldn’t understand how he could be so adamant at putting Max first. For us to focus on bringing Max back rather than helping him feel better.

But the explanation was rather obvious.

Max was their only healer right now, since his father had taken a different route with Isabel, Diane and my father when our hiding place had been exposed.

In order to heal anyone else, they needed Max.

But even if it was indirectly a way to make himself better, I was looking at Alex in a completely new light. His silent stoic strength made my heart fill with pride and humility. It more firmly emphasized what I had always known - even before I knew of his true identity. That Alex was a strong and kind soul. Someone who put others before himself.

So it was no discussion between our minds when Max and I got to our feet and immediately grabbed Alex’s arms, one each, and pulled him close to us.

One burnt off eyebrow and one intact rose in surprise at our common action, but Alex let us position him between us. His arm felt solid and real in my grip and I was secretly relieved that I was holding onto Alex’s right arm, not his left. Because the left side of his body was worryingly injured. At least from his left shoulder and up.

This was similar to how I had looked when I had gone into a burning house to search for my mother. I could see it now: Max’s memory of that event was at the front of his mind, which meant that it was at the front of my mind.

The main differences being that I had been almost naked, the clothes having either been completely burnt off or had melted into my burnt skin, and the burns had covered almost every inch of my body.

It was still more troubling to see Alex like this than to see myself - through Max’s inner eye - like that. I hated to see other people in pain, especially people that I loved. I’d rather have myself injured than any of the people close to me.

Max had wrapped his long dirtied fingers around the unharmed part of Alex’s left arm and simultaneously reached out to wrap his fingers around my free hand. And so, we formed a circle.

I looked from Alex to Max’s face, watched Max’s lips mouth ”I love you”, felt the love explode inside of me, and the warmth of his hand as he squeezed mine, before he closed his eyes and slightly tipped his head downwards.

I glanced at Alex, caught the small twitch of an encouraging smile at the undamaged right corner of his mouth, before he, too, closed his eyes.

So… I did the same.

It was different than when Max and I connected. From having access to Max’s memories, I knew that it was different for him as well. He had never been in a healing connection with more than one other person before.

There was a strong pull in the center of my stomach, a sucking feeling. It wasn’t painful, but admittedly uncomfortable. It pulled upwards, almost as if it wanted me to get to the tips of my toes, like a string attached to my bellybutton. But I held my feet firmly planted on the ground, tightening my grip on Max’s hand and sliding my other hand down Alex’s arm to interlace my fingers with his.

The pull inside intensified exponentially, pushing heat out into the outer corners of my body. Out to my fingers, down my legs and to my toes. My ears heated, my cheeks blossomed, the small hairs at the back of my neck and along my arms stood at attention.

Next I was being thrown haphazardly through the air. Like a rag doll.

At least, that was the sensation that shook me even when I knew that I was still standing and my hands were still anchored to the men flanking me.

It took my breath away. It had my heart take off into a rapid rhythm. There was a floating feeling just before I crashed back into my body. Before a bright light shone in my mind.

I automatically squeezed my already closed eyes tighter, as if the light was coming from the outside and I needed to squint. In two short seconds, the light had disappeared.

Then there was Alex. His most recent memories, the thoughts that were running through his head right at that moment, his emotions, his genuine personality. It was all there. Swirling and wrapping around me. Filling me with wonderment. Filling me with love and warmth.

But also pain.

So much pain.

Familiar pain.

The pain from nerve endings being shocked and fried with heat. The pain was spreading along the left side of my body, burning through my shoulder, blistering over the top of my arm, aching along the left side of my neck, pulsating in the corner of my mouth. A heaviness was pulling on my left eye, my scalp felt both exposed and too warm.

The pain was horrible. Made it hard for me to breathe. Weakened my knees. Made me feel faint and nauseous.

Don’t focus on the pain. Max. In my mind. It will block you.

Do it like you did with Max. Alex this time. It was odd to hear him in my head. I was so used to hearing Max and Max only. Focus on the good stuff.

Alex is right, Max continued and I could feel the strain in his body. The strain it took to push the pain away. Even if he was telling me to ignore the pain, it was a monumental effort for himself to fully get past it.

I’ll take care of the healing, Max added and - in the real world - squeezed my hand gently.

I reciprocated by tightening his squeeze, trying to get myself to push my fear away. Everything was big and overwhelming. But I had already done this once. And I had been alone then. Now I had Max with me, who knew how to do this. So I shouldn’t be afraid.

This should be a piece of cake.

I almost laughed to myself.

Right.

My restrained sarcastic laughter at the surrealism of this situation was halted by the visual image of Alex’s body.

Max was taking me up close to Alex’s injuries. I was looking in detail at burnt tissue, soft curves of shoulders, sharp ends to collarbones, tight tendons of the neck. I was tracing damaged hair follicles, observing blood stains, seeing cracked vessels in the white of eyes.

All of the biology lessons I had ever witnessed seemed ridiculous compared to this.

Max was bringing me into the details of vessels, of tissue and even cells. He was rerouting fluids from unharmed tissue to dehydrated and heat damaged shrunken cells. He was knitting skin together, soothing inflammation, removing blisters. He repaired melted facial nerves, normalized injured hair follicles and urged them to start regrowing hair.

And second by second I could feel the pain lessen and I knew that it was growing less pronounced in Alex as well, which made me feel relieved.

I don’t know how much difference I was making. Max was, as he had said, doing all the work. The vacuuming sensation at the start had disappeared, which was what had told me that he had been pulling energy from me. But maybe he felt like he could handle it without my energy.

No, I’m using it, Max told me. We are healing him.

I realized then that I was hearing directed thoughts from Max again. Just like I had done with Alex. Just like I had done before. But maybe that was because energy was being given to Alex at the moment, in a way weakening what was being fed into my connection with Max, reverting us back to the state of our connection before I had healed him.

Just as I finished my musings, the pain left my body. On instinct, I opened my eyes and was caught in Max’s warm gaze. I took a deep breath and looked to my left, at Alex.

His mouth - his perfectly healthy mouth - curved upwards as our eyes met and gave me a full grin. A grin à la Alex Whitman.

”I knew that you were something of a brainiac, Parker,” Alex said lightly, ”But I never realized the amount of thinking you do.”

I frowned, shifting my gaze back to Max in confusion.

He was grinning now too, matching Alex’s amusement.

Before Max could say anything, Alex chimed in, ”My hat off to you, Evans. That’s a lot of thoughts to have in your head.”

I narrowed my eyes in disapproval as I looked back at Alex, catching on to what he was referring to. That I was thinking too much. That I was overwhelming Max with my thinking.

”I love your thoughts,” Max said softly and closed the distance between our bodies.

I let go of Alex’s arm, realizing that Max had already done so when he put both his arms around my waist and hugged me close.

He was warm again. His body heat seeping into me when I pressed my cheek against his chest (his bare chest, his sweater having been torn in the attack, now hanging off his shoulders like an open vest).

His lips brushed against the top of my hair while I temporarily allowed myself to relax against him. When I let my body relax, I was surprised to feel no pain. I had assumed it to be Alex’s pain that had been removed previously, but it had also been mine. My feet felt light and like before. No heaviness or pain.

The connection already gave me the answer, through Max. Our bonding with Alex to heal him had healed me as well. And had probably also healed any residual injury that Max might have had.

”Alright,” Dresden said behind me. ”We need to get moving.” I reluctantly pulled back from Max and looked at Dresden at the same time as he added, ”The others are waiting.”
Last edited by max and liz believer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch. 94 5/26/16 p. 79

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

*Le sigh*

You know how to make a girl happy in the middle of the night.

:oops:

Not like that! I meant when you're woken up and then get a notification you updated 13 minutes previously...

Uhm...

Okay, gonna read this amazing chapter again because, yeah, my brain isn't coming up with the right words right now. ;)

You're amazing!
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

So happy to have your story back and a great new part... even if I found it a little bit gory, as you described Alex's injuries! :shock: but the rest is amazing anyway and I hope that whey won't have to fight that much in the future...

Waitging impatiently for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Jo,

This was so not the part to read while eating breakfast! Lol! Good thing I have a strong stomach! Max and Liz healed Alex and now it 's time to move. Great part!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

AMAZING.....disturbing......and heart warming!
LOL......Michael upset that Max and Liz couldn't keep their hands off each other.
Alex, always Alex thinking of others first.
Thanks, Carolyn
Twilighteyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Twilighteyes »

Once again I am thankful that I just recently found this story! It was horrible to wait so long for the next part! This story is SO SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dig my grave,
Dig it deep.
Marble stone,
From head to feet.
And on that stone,
Place a dove.
To show the world,
I died for love.
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Author's note

Post by max and liz believer »

Hi everyone!

It's been sunny. It's been warm. The summer has come to Sweden. Which means bicycle rides, hanging on the beach, and planting vegetables.

I currently have four jobs. Two jobs on 50%, one job on 20% and one on hours. How does this work (since those percentage add up to about 130% work employment)? It doesn't really. I'm a bit tired. And short on hours.

And everyone seems to have birthday parties around this time of the year. Gaaah! Not even my nights are free :roll:

On top of this, I just got engaged (yay!) which means that life is generally really really really good. And really really really busy.

So... Where does that leave my writing? A sentence here and there, I'm afraid. I'm almost done with the next chapter. I just need an "ending" to the chapter. Which I'm trying to put together now, before heading of to the clinic and my patients. Hence, my plan is to have an update for you soon.

I hate that you have to wait. I hate that I don't have time to write. Because this story really wants to be written and I love to share it with you.

Hang in there. I love you :D

xx

Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa