The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) AN 1/24/16

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Evans3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 6 4/5/15

Post by Evans3 »

Oh damn it Kyle! Why he have to come in a wrong time?!?!?!?

More please?
Evans
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I am more than curious.......where is Max really from? Imagines above.......??
I really loved the kiss........and Liz asked if Max wanted to kiss again......this is definitely better than any pictures or paintings.
My favorite part......his eyes changed colors like the sunset......
She was not scared of him, no matter who he was or where he came from.
And Kyle.......why did you have to appear right then??
Can't wait for more Carrie,
Carolyn
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Oh Kyle...you drunk idiot. I hope we learn more about Liz's back story too! Great job!
Tashchen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tashchen »

Can't wait to start reading this one. I'm reading Pulse and Intimacy of Strangers at the moment. Looooove them, obviously.

:D
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

freaking kyle
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Fantastic part! Thanks and please, kill Kyle for me! :twisted: :lol:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Tashchen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tashchen »

Carrie, (or Goddess, or Master - whichever you prefer) Thanks for writing more new fics. It's not like I don't have a life or anything, cuz I just spend it reading your stories or pining for your next update. That's pretty much it. Thanks, thanks a lot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your Max in this one reminds me of the alien in A Stranger in a Strange Land. 8)

Love. You! Now get on it, Woman! Chop, chop! I need my Carrie's Storytime Crack fix. :D

Xoxo,
Tash
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Sorry! I am such a snail-paced reader! RL is very hectic :oops:

Love the updates and the last part was so beautifully written with such emotion. I can read it again & again :) BUT I really want to know more about Liz/Kyle relationship. I already know what Max feels at the moment :lol:

Please come back soon?!!!?!??
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 7 9/5/15

Post by jake17 »

Lizza
carolyn x2
Evans3
Natalie
sarammlover
Tash x2 (omg your fb, seriously made my day lol)
SmileeUk

Ok so I can't believe anyone would pick this back up from such a long absence but I was so shocked to see the fb here, it led me to read this over, it's a story I keep forgetting about but really like writing so I came back, hopefully I'm not too late. thank you so much for these very sweet replies

chapter seven

“Well, well… what do we have here?”

Booze wafted off of Kyle along with a very agitated demeanor as he stood between Max and Liz glaring back and forth with his rifle tight in his grip.

Shaking his head he sauntered towards Liz knocking into furniture and spilling his beer.

“Who the hell is this guy Lizzie? I thought you’d have learned your lesson back in college, but I guess not.”

Clicking his tongue showing his disapproval, Liz stared over Kyle’s shoulder to Max who seemed intensely focused on something as if his mind was working to figure out the situation at hand.

Mortified that Kyle had brought up the incident at school she whispered harshly hoping that Max was too caught up in his thoughts to hear them.

“Kyle enough, I told you never to mention that again, it was a long time ago and if you must know none of your business.”

Tilting his head to the side Kyle nodded sarcastically while taking another slug of beer.

“Is that right? Hmm, as I recall wasn’t it me who rushed up at that fancy ivy league school to drive you back home? Wasn’t it me who explained everything to your parents, because you were so incapacitated that you could barely function? I do believe that most definitely makes it my business little girl.”

All this talk of the nightmare that she went through back at school was too much for Liz, she was sweating profusely, her heart beat far exceeding the normal range for a human, she was trembling, her muscles grew tense as her body signals grew increasingly defensive.

Liz’s slender arms wrapped around her small frame as she back up against the wall, all signs pointed in one direction, she was feeling attacked, fearful, intimidated by someone who’s faculty’s were challenged by large amounts of alcohol, and an emotion Max could not yet detect.

“So I’ll ask you one more time, who the hell is this guy that you’ve got here all alone, have you been given him the wrong idea Lizzie, being a big tease, offering up somethin’ that you can’t deliver once again?”

Pinning her up against the wall Kyle smoothed the barrel of the gun down over her cheek before throwing his beer can across the room.

“My, my you get hotter each time I see you, what do you say I kick this asshole out and the two of us catch up on old tim -”

Before Kyle could finish his sentence he found himself off the ground, his feet suspended in mid air, unable to speak or move, his eyes remained wide open staring directly into her eyes terrified completely frozen.

Liz was stunned, lost as to what was happening until Max walked slowly, calmly behind Kyle removing the gun from his hand before taking his palm off of Kyle’s back leaving him to fall unconscious to the ground in a loud thump.

Speechless, Liz watched closely as Max expelled the bullets one by one until the weapon was empty before squeezing it tight crushing it effortlessly in his bright red glowing hand.

Remaining completely at ease, Max then moved back towards Liz, stepping over Kyle’s body to lift her chin up to look into his eyes.

They had changed into alien form, that fluctuation in color, like a sunset evolving from one moment to the next just as they had when they kissed.

“Liz, are you alright?”

His voice was deep, soothing, full of concern, his touch electric sending faint pulses of warmth throughout her body relaxing her instantly.

Swallowing hard she searched to find her voice, still pained by Kyle’s need to dredge up a past she had tried so hard to heal from and forget.

“Yeah, I-I’m fine, just a little shaken. Max, what did you do to Kyle? Did you hurt him, will he be okay?”

Treading lightly she softened her words understanding full well that Max’s intentions were pure, that he was protecting her.

Looking back at her with confusion Max scratched the back of his ear, a signal Liz picked up, a tell of sorts that he was worried or nervous.

“Hurt? Liz, I would never hurt a living soul unless it was a matter of life and death. Violence is not tolerated where I come from, but neither is the aggressive, threatening nature of this human’s intentions towards you.”

Bending down Max lifted Kyle with ease throwing him over his shoulder before exiting the house.

“Max! Where are you going with him?!”

Looking over his shoulder Max smiled warmly in an attempt to relieve her obvious distress.

“I’m going to put Kyle back in the vehicle he arrive in, he’ll sleep through the night and wake with no memory of anything that happened to him, except for how he treated you. I believe he needs to understand that the effects of liquor to brain activity is a direct contraindication to human decency and respect. Some humans are prone to infant like insecurities and other deep seated weaknesses, he is one of them, or both, although it is clear there was more behind the vile way he treated you, perhaps something in your past that has gone unresolved.”

With that Max stepped outside leaving Liz to slump down onto the couch trying hard to process that an alien had just used his powers to disable Kyle.

Almost shyly Max dipped back inside doing his best to read her as Fred ran up to him meowing loudly searching for affection.

Taking a seat across the room from her, he gently stroked Fred’s fur causing him to roll back and forth beneath his feet in cat bliss.

“Have I made you angry, did I overstep the boundaries of our … relationship? I apologize if I did, I felt that you were in danger, reading his body language, and yours, along with the high spikes of jealousy, testosterone levels, and adrenaline running through his body, I was worried for your safety and felt a quick, controlled, diffusion of the situation was necessary.”

Shaking her head slightly, Liz rubbed her temples trying to wrap her mind around the fact that this was all really happening to her.

“I’m not angry with you, I’m not sure if that’s even possible.”

Rubbing his hands slowly up and down his jeans, Max struggled with respecting her privacy, and a growing curiosity concerning what Kyle was referring to when he referenced an incident at college that clearly upset her to the point of the need for tears to release her pain.

“Liz, this is none of my business, and I don’t mean to pry into your personal life, especially when it is something that is so deeply upsetting to you… but you should know that I … care very much for you and - “

Liz cut him off suddenly feeling the need to purge a secret that had been eating away at her for far too long robbing her of a life that had yet to be truly lived.

“Just as you studied in an institution where you are from, we have many places here where you go away to live, taking classes in your chosen field of interest.”

Nodding, riveted to every word, he almost held his breath in anticipation, his heart clenching painfully knowing this was not a pleasant experience she was about to reveal.

“Max you have to understand that I was very sheltered, I never socialized that much in high school, my parents where very strict leaving me naive to the outside world.”

Lifting her gaze to meet his intense stare she shrugged slightly, “Do you understand what I mean?”

“Yes, I can relate very much, remember what I told you about life where I’m from, we are told nothing till we are twenty one, and I had not reached that age of my birth before my arrival here, so yes, I believe I can understand what you refer to as sheltered.”

Nodding profusely, she was mortified remembering their night, and his total lack of knowledge as to what a kiss even was.

“Of course, I’m sorry Max, I’m not thinking straight, I didn’t mean to be insensitive to your - “

Holding up his hand he smiled again warmly, sweetly. “Liz, I can feel your pain, know that you are safe with me, you have nothing to fear.”

Sighing Liz began to pace wringing her hands together as that night lifted out from a dark place.

“I was studying to become a nurse… do you - “

Nodding he smiled respectfully again, “I’m aware of the term, please continue.”

“It was the end of my first year away from home, I had spent all of my time studying, concentrating on my classes, hardly ever leaving my room. There were parties going on everywhere. Sophie, my roommate, had been trying since we moved in to get me to go out with her, but I was afraid, to shy to talk to boys. Anyway she convinced me to go out with her boyfriend and his friend, a double date, he was harmless she said.”

Max heard the break in her voice, the threat of tears that welled up inside once again.

Taking her hand he sat her down on the couch to gently stroke her wrist, running his fingers over her pulse taking the edge off the pain.

She noticed white light skimming across her skin from his fingertips but once again was not afraid.

“You see Max, what we did tonight, our kiss, those feelings of intimacy that had taken over bringing us closer, that is the way it is supposed to happen. Both people wanting to become… one. Oh god I don’t know how to explain this to you - “

“You are speaking of sex, the act of making love.”

Her cheeks flushed shocked, unaware that he knew what those words actually meant.

“You recall I’ve studied too, the libraries at home, they were forbidden, but very informative.”

He was staring at the ground, straining for composure clearly embarrassed by his admission.

Plowing through Liz now had to finish her story that was fighting to get out.

“Yes, well some males here... force the act of … sex, even when they are being fought by the other person, when the signals are clear that this is unwanted, that the answer is no.”

Max was obliterated by this information, this he had never heard of, this was unimaginable to a heart as pure as his.

Hiding her face Liz began to whisper as feelings of the event became clearer in her mind.

“The act itself didn’t happen, he dragged me into a bedroom, I fought him, my friend who had been out with her boyfriend to get some beer came home just in time. They pulled him off of me, but it had gone farther by that time. He was the star of the basketball team, on the dean's list, he belonged to a very popular fraternity on campus…”

Seeing that Max wasn’t familiar with any of these terms, she made it clear.

“He was beloved, respected, and revered by everyone at school, they blamed me, they said that I must have given him the impression that I wanted to, that he would never hurt anyone.”

Lacing his fingers now inside hers, Max breathed out soothingly.

“He hurt you, this was in no way your fault, please tell me you understand this.”

Squeezing his hand, taking comfort in his affection she nodded.

“I left school after that and never returned. I was humiliated, shunned by everyone, an embarrassment to my family, even my friends distanced themselves from me. That’s why I’m here, alone, far away from everyone, hiding.”

Kneeling before her, gazing up with nothing but sheer empathy and love in his eyes, he whispered softly, sincerely as if his heart was breaking for her.

“Liz, I am so sorry that happened to you, I can feel your pain, it’s a part of me now, you’re not alone any longer in that memory.”

Joining him on the floor she nuzzled inside his expansive chest wrapping her arms around him sighing as he held her close.

Carefully bringing his mouth to her ear he gazed out the window to Kyle’s truck.

“Liz, I know this is hard, but I couldn’t help but detect those same emotions when Kyle approached you… he was showing intense signs of possession over you… did something similar occur with him? I apologize if this is uncomfortable for you, but I feel an overwhelming need to protect you, and Liz whether you realize it or not Kyle is a threat to your safety, please… tell me what happened between you two.”

Burying her face inside his warm body she sobbed quietly.

“I can’t… not now. Just hold me Max, please just hold me.”

Closing his eyes for a moment his entire body shone in a bright blue swirl of light that spun around them both transporting her to another place and time.

Gasping she opened her eyes to find them kneeling in a meadow full of wildflowers, all of her sorrow had left her body, she was completely at peace with a blanket of stars above her and his arms still protectively wrapped around her lovingly.

“Thank you Max.” she breathed out softly, never wanting to leave.

In that same moment he was simultaneously back at her house, staring down at Kyle, his warm amber eyes had become entirely black as he gripped Kyle’s shoulder burrowing inside his mind to find the truth.

‘Don’t fight it Kyle, there really is no point.’
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Raven and the Fox (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 7 9/5/15

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I can't believe you left us there Carrie.........what is Max going to find out from Kyle's mind?

This mystery continues, but Kyle brings up Liz's college experience. Even though he was drunk it peeked Max's attention.
So sad that Liz had to leave school because of the situation, You have once again left me wondering what went on between Kyle and Liz . Your magic words continue to give me much pleasure.
Thanks,
Carolyn