Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE) 10/29/15 COMPLETE

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 8

Post by max and liz believer »

So, I decided to post another chapter mid-week. But first;

Roswelllostcause - I think you might be right (about the "no boyfriend"-thing) :wink: Thank you for the feedback!
Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - I think they'll find a friendship in there somewhere. Thank you for the feedback!
saori_1902 - Thank you!
Eve - It's just hard for Liz to talk about the details. And there are a lot of details that have been repressed… for now. Thank you so much for the feedback!

And now… the plot thickens….

CHAPTER 8
Liz

The pain pierced through her abdomen, hot and all-consuming as she doubled over. It was by will alone that she remained standing.

“Oh please, stop, please…”

She wasn’t aware of the hot tears running down her cheeks as she saw the green sky reflected in the puddles formed in the mud; the oddity of the color of the sky momentarily grabbed her attention.

Where am I?

Another wave of pain ripped through the core of her body, making her thoughts scatter and her will go into hiding. She crumbled to the ground, her hands sinking into the cold mud.

Aislin.

The word (or was it a name?) floated through her head, spoken in a man’s deep voice. Though it was spoken, it was like a subdued scream echoing into her very being. She had the intense feeling that she should remember something. Someone.

“Wake up.” She had to wake up. It had to be a dream. The sky wasn’t real. Its green color was fake.

Wake up.

She had heard those words before, spoken to her in a child’s voice. As if commanded by the words, her surroundings started to waver and went in and out like a bad TV reception.

Wake up.

She was on the ground. The soft and wet mud had been replaced by hard frozen concrete. But the pain remained. It had spread and was now encompassing not just her abdomen but her arms, legs, head, even out in the very tips of her fingers.

“Stop bleeding, please.”

Her eyes flew open and she was in her apartment. Safe, dry and warm in the comfort of her bed. But her heart was beating an erratic rhythm in her chest and she couldn’t stop shivering. Her teeth were clattering and she fumbled to get the comforter off her, the feeling of being entrapped engulfing her.

She ended up standing in the middle of her bedroom floor, hyperventilating, trying to convince herself that she was home. That she was whole, unhurt. Not in pain.

Sinking to her floor, the only residing pain from the nightmare was the realization that it had started again. The nightmares were back.
“Rough night?”

She jumped at the question, being exceptionally on edge the morning after the return of the nightmares that had plagued her as a child. It didn’t help matters that the man staring down at her, with two cups of coffee in his hands, was David Perkins.

She managed to remind herself to stay in the present and replied to the question. “I couldn’t sleep.”

He stared at her and she felt darkness creep inside her. Then he moved and the darkness momentarily lost its grip on her. He offered her one of the cups of black caffeinated liquid. “Coffee?”

She shook her head, wondering if the man in front of her was capable of empathy. “I’m more of a tea drinker.”

He was smiling. Not the sympathetic smile of someone that could relate to having a bad night of sleep, but the gloating smile of someone wishing you harm.

“Right,” he said, apparently in good spirits. Little did Liz know that his happy mood was due to the fact that he’d fucked her last night. Well, not Liz exactly, but the fantasy of Liz. Portrayed by the lovely Theresa Harding. Even though it had been good, (chasing the fake Elizabeth through the apartment, tying her up, tearing off her clothes and forcing himself inside of her) he was expecting the real thing to be much better. And he intended to make that fantasy come true. “You ready to get started?”

Liz wasn’t ready for anything. She wanted to curl into a fetal position in the center of her bed, pull a thick blanket over her head and cry. Instead she nodded. “Sure.”

David put the cups of coffee down beside her and came around the table, taking the seat right next to her. Why he didn’t opt for sitting opposite her, which would have made working through the plans easier, was beyond her. Her throat constricted as the strong scent of his cologne (had he dropped the bottle on himself this morning?) eradicated a majority of the breathable air. He was sitting so close that his elbow was rubbing against hers.

“Um, maybe it’s easier if you sit on the other side,” Liz said, not wanting to be impolite. She did, after all, want a good working relationship.

“Easier for whom?” David asked, leaning in close to her cheek. So close that she could feel his breath against her skin. “This way it’s easier to…instruct you.”

She was holding her breath and was feeling faint. Maybe even nauseous. It was hard to think, hard to function, with him invading her personal space. She tried to pull in a deep breath without him noticing (but from his knowing smug smile, she suspected that she had failed), and forced authority into her trembling frame, “You don’t have to instruct me, Mr. Perkins. I realize that you have a couple of years of experience on me,” from the way she saw his eyes darken out of the corner of her eye, she figured he was placing a double meaning on her ‘lack of experience’, “but I’m perfectly capable of handling myself. I would prefer it if we could work at this as a team, with equal parts.”

A small smile crept onto his lips. “Of course, Ms. Parker.” He pointed to the other side of the table. “So you would prefer me on the other side of the table?”

She couldn’t hide the relief in her voice. “Yes, please. I think that would make it easier.”

She was a bit surprised, to be honest, that he had granted her suggestion. Maybe working together wouldn’t be so difficult after all. And maybe she only imagined the feel of his fingers brush across the back of her neck before he moved to reposition himself in front of her.

Isabel chose this moment to interrupt. She had an impeccable ability for good timing. Or, as David Perkins saw it, Isabel had impeccable bad timing.

“David, sorry to interrupt.”

Liz would later tell herself that she had made it up, but at that moment she was certain that she had seen death in David’s eyes. Directed at Isabel. It was Isabel’s indifference to David’s reaction that made Liz later question her sanity on the matter.

“There’s a George Campbell on the phone. He says it’s urgent.”

David groaned. That was a phone call he was not able to ignore. He shot Liz a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. None of his smiles ever really did. “Please excuse me, Ms. Parker.”

Liz gave him the ghost of a polite smile in return.

As soon as David had left the conference room, Isabel took David’s seat and grabbed Liz’s hand. “What’s wrong?” There was a deep concerned urgency in her question that managed to warm the chill that David’s presence had created. “You’re pale as a sheet.” She looked behind her, as if checking so that no one could hear her. “Did he say something to you?”

Liz swallowed and shook her head. “No, no. I just…I had a bad night.”

“You sure?” Isabel asked and added in a whisper, “Because he can be quite…pushy. David, I mean. You just have to ignore him. He did the same thing to me in the beginning.”

Afraid that the discussion might get her into trouble at her new job if it were to get out, Liz insisted that she’d only had a bad night. She had after all had a bad night. David had just made her day even worse.

“I just didn’t get much sleep, but thank you for your concern.” Liz hoped that Isabel understood how grateful Liz was about the concern. She didn’t have many people around her that worried about her and it was refreshing.

Isabel did not look convinced by Liz’s statement. The dark circles under Liz’s eyes and the unruliness of her hair was not how Liz usually presented herself.

Isabel let go of Liz’s hand and looked at her, rather sternly. “If you need to talk, I’m here for you. It will be in total confidence; I won’t tell a soul. I’m the queen of keeping secrets.”

Liz managed a smile and there was real warmth in her voice as she said, “Thank you, Isabel.”

“Okay,” Isabel nodded and with a final glance over her shoulder at the shadow of the person she’d had vivid conversations with just two nights before, Isabel left the room.

Liz’s resolve briefly crumbled, her hands starting to shake so violently that she had to pull them up against her chest and press them down under the table. Relax, Liz. Relax. She couldn’t let David return and see her like this; weak and vulnerable. She had a feeling he would descend on her like a shark. She tried taking deep slow breaths through her nose. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exh-

David re-entered the room, looking happier than a clam. “Now, where were we?”

Liz had never been the hateful type and had never wished harmed to a single human being in her life, but right that second she wanted David Perkins to burn in hell. Or at least she wanted to smack that grin off his face. Instead of resorting to uncharacteristic violence, Liz cleared her throat. “We were just starting.”

“Right,” David agreed. “I had moved to the other side of the table.” He winked at her, as if she had been a silly child to suggest such a thing and her hands tightened into fists underneath the table.

A green screen flashed before her eyes. Liz inhaled sharply, but the green tint was gone with the next blink.

“Elizabeth?” David questioned, looking at her strangely, his annoying smile slipping.

She was about to reply that she was fine when it felt as if her hands were covered in something cold and wet. She looked down at her hands clenched in her lap and saw them coated in dark damp mud. Her next breath got stuck in her throat, her trachea constricting with the beginning of a panic attack.

“Elizabeth?”

She turned frantic eyes towards her colleague and as she did her hands warmed and dried. Her gaze flickered back to her hands, only to find them clean and dry. Just like before.

“Are you alright?”

She closed her eyes momentarily. I’m losing my mind. She tried to reign in her emotions. She was just upset, tired and stressed out. She was fine. She was fine. Try telling yourself that.

She opened her eyes and met David’s dark ones. He was looking at her, not with concern, but how a doctor might observe a person having a mental breakdown (if that person was on the other side of a window, inside a padded room, wearing a restraining jacket); calmly and with straight pity.

Liz felt utterly alone. David Perkins was freaking her out at a point when she was at her most fragile. She would not give him that power over her. She forced herself to square her shoulders and raise her eyes to meet his ridiculed glare straight on. “I’m fine. Thought I saw a spider, that’s all. I’m not on the best of terms with spiders.”

David narrowed his eyes and unbeknownst to Liz, found her regained resolve to be a strong turn on. To see the weakness in her watery and frightened eyes turn into fierce willpower almost gave him an instant hard on. He could imagine it then. How she would look restrained under his weight. How she initially would be afraid and how she would later decide to fight him. It was in her nature. A gorgeous mixture of weakness and survival. David knew that he could never make Elizabeth Parker come to him willingly, he was good enough at reading people to figure that out. But David Perkins always got what he wanted, it was almost more exciting when it had to be taken by force.

Liz was unaware of the plans sifting through her colleague’s head as she tried to sort out the papers in front of her. Had she caught a single glimpse of his thoughts, she wouldn’t have hesitated in handing in her letter of resignation that very same afternoon.

TBC on Sunday… :)
Last edited by max and liz believer on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, some MM, MATURE), Ch 8 3/18/15 p. 5

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh! I can't believe that pig! :twisted: and I can't believe Liz as well... She should listen to her instincts
and give up her job, especially with this pig... Her life would be better without such a individual!
Or she should tell Isabel; she seems to know him quite well!

EVE :twisted: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Liz, is in trouble! This creep isn't going to take no for answer! She needs to find away to stay away from him as much as she can!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Poor Liz, she had a bad enough night with nightmares back without David acting so weird.
She does need to have a friend watch over her.
Thanks,
Carolyn
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

Loving this!
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Great part!!
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 9

Post by max and liz believer »

Eve - I agree with you. Liz should listen to her gut instinct on this one. But she's just landed her first job - her dream job - and she doesn't want to make any rash decisions based on "just a feeling". Thank you for sharing your thoughts :D
Roswelllostcause - Right you are. David Perkins is a very dangerous man… Thank you for the feedback!
Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Yes, Liz should really confide in someone about her fears. But… that's easier said than done. Thank you for your feedback!
dreamon - Thank you!
saori_1902 - Thank you!

On with the story…

CHAPTER 9
Maria

She was still fuming as she knocked on Max’s door. How her boyfriend even could come up with the idea to even suggest putting up his Metallica posters all over the living room walls in their new apartment was beyond her. Sometimes he was so dense it made her want to tear her hair, or his, out. She was kind of enjoying the mental image of ripping off Michael’s brown hair when Max opened the door.

“Hey,” he said, giving her that shy half-smile that Maria adored. How this person could hold onto that tad of innocence after everything was a mystery.

“Girlfriend,” Maria answered and pecked him on the cheek. “How are you?”

Max let her pass into his small flat of one bedroom and open-spaced living area that co-served as kitchen and dining area.

“Any more seizures?”

Max mumbled a negative and added, “But the dreams are back.”

Maria stopped dead in her tracks. “The dreams? The ones you had when you were younger?”

Max absent-mindedly scratched behind his ear. “Uh-huh.”

Maria sank down on the armrest of the sofa. “Are you okay?”

Max nodded. “The dreams are okay. Better than having seizures or visions or whatever they are.”

Maria could feel a ‘but’ hanging in the air and voiced it, “But…?”

Max leaned against the wall, looking troubled. Well, at least more troubled than usual. Max was always troubled, there were only various degrees. “I used to have dreams of two girls. Never at the same time, but usually I saw them both an equal amount. Now… I’ve been having the dreams for the last four nights and it’s only been her. The brunette girl. The girl from my seizure.”

Maria didn’t want to burst his bubble or anything, but “Don’t you think that’s because it was her you saw in your vision? That it has influenced your dreams?”

“Maybe,” Max mumbled. “Of course I’ve considered that as well. But I feel this…tug. As if she’s beckoning me, calling for me. I never felt that before. It was mostly the blonde girl that was…um…calling for me.”

Maria watched Max’s ears turn red and she smiled. She had a feeling she knew just how the blonde girl was ‘calling’ for Max, but she didn’t want to embarrass her friend further by addressing that. Instead, “Do you believe the dreams are real? That they are communicating with you? I mean, normally that would be a ridiculous notion, but you, my friend, are not really normal.”

Max rubbed a hand down his face. “I’ve always felt that they were more than just dreams. But I don’t know if that’s because I’m reliving something that might’ve happened or if they are somehow visions of a future, of something that hasn’t happened yet. Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about the accident.”

Maria frowned at his jump in the conversation, not following. “What accident?”

“The one that happened on the day I was adopted- Did I tell you about this?”

Maria nodded distractedly, trying to conjure up the details of that memory. “Yeah yeah, you did. Long time ago.”

“The driver - the mother - was killed-“

“She was speared,” Maria filled in and grimaced. Even though she had only had the accident described to her, not having to live them herself, the details made her wince.

Max nodded. “Right. And I think the girl was dead as well.”

Maria’s train of thought ceased. The girl? “You never told me about a girl.”

Max looked surprised. “I didn’t?”

“I’m pretty sure you didn’t.”

“There was a girl - the daughter - thrown out of the car. My parents hadn’t seen her as they went to get help, but I saw her from where I was sitting in the car. I distinctly remember her being really cold and her lips being blue.”

“Dead,” Maria echoed.

“I didn’t understand it then, that she was dead. I was obsessed with the blood. She was covered in blood. So I begged her to stop bleeding…”

Maria’s mouth fell open, stunned, as she put the pieces together. “You healed her.”

He nodded. “I think I did.”

Maria tried to clear her thoughts. “You didn’t just heal her, you brought her back from the dead.”

“I willed her to stop bleeding.”

“Oh my God. Max… Did you know? Did you know what you had done?”

Max shook his head. “I realized a couple of years later. I was watching some medical show on TV and there was a girl that had drowned, her lips blue. I was instantaneously taken back to that day and that girl on the ground and I realized that she had been dead. When it had happened, I thought she had been asleep and as I got older I chalked it up to her being unconscious. I never really thought about those lips and how she was so still. She wasn’t breathing.”

“What’s the connection?” Maria wondered. “Between the accidents and your dreams? And between your vision?”

“I didn’t really take a good look at that little girl. I was too freaked out about the blood. But lately I’ve been wondering if it wasn’t the same girl. The same girl that has been in my dreams and now in my vision, only grown up.”

“But how could you-“

“Know what she would look like?” Max shook his head. “I think I just made it up. Maybe I hadn’t really processed the accident since it happened when I was so young, and that was my way of processing it. By making her the same age as me, visiting me over and over again in my mind.”

Maria frowned. “How would that help you to put the accident behind you?”

Max shrugged. “Beats me.”

“And why would your mind put her in another life-threatening situation, like in your vision, to traumatize your memory of her even more?”

“It doesn’t make any sense, I know,” Max murmured. “The most plausible explanation is that the girl in my vision is really not the girl from my dreams which is really not the same little girl from the accident. I’ve just conjured up this image of a girl and I’m plastering her everywhere, because it’s familiar to me.”

Maria worried her lip, a deep thinking frown forming between her eyebrows.

“What are you thinking?” Max wondered.

“I’m not convinced,” Maria said. “There’s just too many coincidences. Sure, your mind might just be making all this up, but if you brought that girl back from the dead, you might still be connected to her.”

Maria saw her long-time friend freeze. She swallowed, knowing that her hypothesizing might hurt her friend who was already suffering from a chronic anxiety problem. “What you did to me, when I was sick. That was some major interfering with nature. I was supposed to die. When you removed my cancer, you formed a connection with me.” Max was mimicking a statue, so Maria continued, “We both know it’s there, even though we rarely speak of it. Like when-“

“When you were craving cookie dough ice-cream and I got the mental memo even though I hate cookie dough ice-cream and went and got some for you? Maria, that’s just intuition. And the result of spending way too much time with you.”

“No,” Maria shook her head. “No, remember when I broke my leg and you felt it?”

Max took a deep breath, but remained silent.

“And how whenever you try out your protective force field, I can literally feel energy being pulled from me, draining me. As if I’m this big accessory battery to your force field or something.”

Maria rose and walked up to Max, locking green eyes with amber. “Max, what would happen if you didn’t only heal someone from a major disease, but you actually brought someone back from the dead? You really don’t think there would be some kind of residual trace? A connection? A pull? Something? You pumped energy into her to heal her. She’s carrying some of that energy.” Maria let out a humorless, disbelieving laugh. “For all we know, her life energy is only Max energy, since her own life energy had left.”

“Christ, Maria,” Max whispered, distancing himself from her by walking into the kitchen and starting to rummage through the refrigerator for something to drink. He was suddenly very thirsty.

“Think about it, Max,” Maria stepped around the refrigerator door. “Doesn’t it make more sense that it’s actually the same girl from the accident that you’re seeing now? Maybe she’s actually in danger. Maybe she’s trying to contact you.”

Max opened a Coca Cola, the frizzing sound, which was a consequence of carbon dioxide escaping, interrupting their conversation. “Then what about the blonde? Who is she? You? Because I’ve only ever healed two persons in my life. You, and that little girl.”

Maria rolled her eyes. “I have no idea who the blonde is. Maybe it’s your dream girl. Your fantasy girl. The way you keep describing her…”

“Hey, it’s not some sex dream, okay,” Max interrupted. “She’s just a lot more…forward than the brunette.”

Maria smiled. “Right.”

Max sighed. “This is serious, Maria. What if there’s some truth to what you’re saying? What if there’s a girl out there with a connection to me? What if she has been altered by what I did? What if she’s been having abilities of her own? What if-“

“Whoa whoa,” Maria stopped. “We don’t know, okay. Don’t get all worked up about something you don’t know. Maybe…” Maria paused, an idea coming to her. “Maybe you could describe what she looks like and I could draw her. Like the police does with the face of a wanted person. Then we might be able to track her down. If she even exists.”

Max pondered this. The idea was not a bad one, Maria could tell. And she was quite a good artist. Maybe, if everyone else could see who Max was seeing, he wouldn’t feel so responsible and weighed down by the situation.

Happy that she finally could help Max in some way, Maria made the decision for him. “Let’s do it. Do you have paper, pencil?”

TBC... (on Wednesday :) )
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, some MM, MATURE), Ch 9 3/22/15 p. 5

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Max, you are connected to Liz! She is in so much danger! You are going to have to help her!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

this is so crazy, i love it
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Oh dear..........Max and Isabel need to watch out, or run for their lives.......Tess has discovered who they are and I'm afraid bad things are going to happen.
And what's with David.......having Tess act and look like Elizabeth. This doesn't sound good at all.
Thanks!