Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE) 10/29/15 COMPLETE

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 56

Post by max and liz believer »

Helen (Roswelllostcause)
Alex welcome to the I know an alien club. As a member you get to run for your life from evil government agencies. Witness the use of unexplained powers oh and maybe fall in love and win the heart of a former princess. All in all it will be a ride you will possibly never forget!
:lol: :lol: :lol: So true :mrgreen: Thank you for the feedback!

L-J-L 76 - Thank you :D

Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Thank you :D

saori_1902 - Thank you :D

Eve (begonia9508) - Good idea there; with Alex possibly being able to help the group out with his technological talents :D Thank you for the feedback!

Previously on "Lethal Whispers"...

Max and Liz met as children, when Max brought Liz back from fatal injuries in a car crash that killed Liz's mother. In their twenties, Max started having premonitions of Liz about her being in danger. He was later introduced to Liz at an office party where Isabel worked. Max was soon to realize that Liz was the girl he had saved many years ago and that in saving her they had formed a bond.

Max saved Liz from the attack that he had seen several times in his premonitions. The rescue attracted the attention of the Special Unit of the FBI and the aliens (plus Maria and Liz) decided to go on the run. There they were momentarily rescued by Melissa - Max's co-worker from Boston - who turned out to be an alien too. Their protector. Who had been watching over the podsters their whole lives. Upon that contact, Melissa made Liz unconscious to stop her from taking part of an alien discussion. That unconscious state brought forward a second individual in Liz - Aislin. According to Melissa, the aliens had lived before on Antar. They had been royalty and part of the royal guard. Upon dying, Zan (Max) had "saved" Aislin's essence inside his own. Aislin was the woman Zan loved. Aislin's essence accidentally got transferred to the (temporarily) dead body of Elizabeth Parker before Max brought her back to life.

Max and Liz have fallen for each other and have deepened their connection by making love. In the previous chapter, Alex (Liz's longtime friend) managed to track the group down and encountered them at a pit-stop. Liz told him about the aliens and it was decided that Alex would come along.

And that's where we're up to now....

CHAPTER 56
Max

“What the hell? What is this? The social event of the year? ‘Grab a friend and go on a run from the police’?”

“Calm down, Michael,” Isabel said, which earned her a terrifying look from Michael.

Max could understand him. Even to Max, who had been there when the decision had been taken, was a bit confounded by Isabel’s reaction to the whole thing. She was taking the subject of another human addition to their group a little too lightly.

“I’m not sure what your plan is here, Maxwell,” Melissa said tightly, “but we really can’t take on another human being. Liz was enough.”

Max felt fury flow through him. He had been under the impression that Melissa had accepted Liz by now. That because he shared a connection with Liz and she was harboring an Antarian soul, Melissa would be a bit more accepting of her. But apparently that wasn’t the case.

“Melissa’s right,” Maria said quietly, seated in the passenger seat at the front of the van. “This…Alex person doesn’t have any connection to us. The larger our group gets, the more vulnerable we become to being discovered.”

“I didn’t want him here,” Liz said tiredly next to Max and he felt his heart clench painfully.

Liz’s pain was screaming at him, in his mind, throughout his whole body. He could feel how much she loved her friend and how badly she wanted to protect him. And just like Max had tried to protect Liz by encouraging her not to come with him, she was trying to do the same thing for her friend.

“Sure you did,” Michael said angrily. “Of course you want some humans friends with you on this trip. It will make you feel less lonely.”

“Michael!” Maria admonished as Max flexed his fists, trying to keep his anger in check.

“This is not Liz’s doing,” Max said, his jaw tightening with every word. “He wanted to come.”

“So what if he did?” Michael said in a raised voice. “This trip of ours doesn’t come with an open invitation. Just because someone wants to join, doesn’t mean they can. You of all people should know that, Max.”

“It was either coming with us or mind warping the guy,” Isabel said mildly.

Max saw Tess flinch on the other side of the van. She kept mostly to herself (as much to yourself as you could when crammed into a van with five other people) and had barely spoken a word in two days.

“Why would you have to mind warp the guy?” Michael asked. “Just send him on his way. Tell him to stop looking for Liz. It’s as simple as that.”

“Liz-“ Max looked at Isabel as she started her answer and tried to gain eye contact with her to stop her from saying what he knew she would say. But it was too late. “-Liz told Alex about us.”

One could hear a pin drop. The silence echoed in the crowded van.

Then Michael got to his feet and stomped up to Liz. But Max was faster, springing to his feet and stepping in front of Liz. He could feel Liz’s fear pulsating through their connection as Michael took a hold of Max’s collar.

“Let me through, Maxwell,” Michael ground out.

“You can’t blame her,” Max replied forcefully, grabbing a hold of Michael’s shoulders.

You can’t possibly be that dumb,” Michael yelled around Max, his words shooting at Liz. “Not even I thought you could be that dumb.”

“Calm down, Michael,” Max said, pushing against Michael’s weight.

But Michael’s attention was on Liz. “You told him? Who the fuck gives you the right to go blabbering our secret to strangers, huh?”

“I didn’t mean to,” Liz said behind Max and Max pushed harder at Michael.

Let me go,” Michael pushed out angrily, hot angry eyes flickering to Max.

“Not until you take a step back, Michael,” Max replied and pushed harder.

Michael stumbled backwards, his hands losing their grip on Max’s sweater, and he inhaled deeply before he (against the background of Maria’s desperate - “Don’t, Michael!” ) rushed towards Max’s body with a roar.

Max’s body went down hard on the metallic floor, his shoulder slamming into the unyielding material, and before he had time to catch his breath, Michael’s fist connected with his left cheek. He felt the impact resonate through his head, heat and pain explode in a chorus in his jaw and nose. The back of his head bumped against the floor and his head started ringing.

He was mildly aware of the screams of protests around him as his vision momentarily blurred, then he brought his own fist up and aimed at Michael’s wild and furious face. He connected with his friend’s ear, as Michael had time to slightly turn away when reading Max’s intention.

Instead Michael’s fist came down on Max again, another hit across his cheek, magnifying the pain that was already there, and Max could taste blood in his mouth. The ringing intensified as he struggled to get his hands up, to protect himself, and then there was a green light in front of his eyes and he could feel energy being pulled from his body.

He watched Michael’s eyes widen in surprise on the other side of the green veil, his hands frozen in a fighting position (like a boxer preparing to fight), as he took a step backwards.

Then he heard Liz through the ringing. Liz, like he had never heard her before.

Get away from him!

And he looked up over his right shoulder and saw her kneeling next to him, her left hand on his shoulder and her right hand stretched out in front of her. And Max felt his heart rate accelerate. The green light - the force field - was Liz’s doing.

Somehow, she was producing a protective shield around them.

Max could nothing but stare at Liz in shock and something akin to awe, completely missing how Michael lowered his hands in resignation and took several steps away from Max. The light flickered out around them and then Liz’s eyes were on his. She swayed slightly, the fingers of her left hand digging into his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” she asked breathlessly.

He was still staring at her. He couldn’t get his mind to form words, especially not sentences.

“You’re bleeding,” she whispered and her hands were brushing over his face as she leaned over him.

He winced as she touched his already inflamed cheek and grabbed her examining hand with his own. “I’m fine,” he whispered. “I’m okay.”

“Was that you, Max?” Max looked past Liz at Isabel, who was taking a cautious step towards them. “Was it you that did that?”

“No,” Max said wondrously, looking back at Liz’s dark expressive pools. He could feel her confusion and trepidation swirl between them, and the fatigue that was slowly gripping her. The same fatigue that he felt after having used a lot of his powers. “No. It was Liz.”

“But she’s…” Tess was coming up behind Liz, her eyes expression the same confusion they all felt. “She’s human.”

“Was it Aislin?” Melissa asked.

Max looked into Liz’s concerned eyes - concern for his well-being - and brought the palm of her hand to his lips, placing a soft kiss there. Through their connection, he made sure she could feel his gratitude. And there was no question who was on the other side of the connection. It was not Aislin. Liz had done this. Liz had somehow tapped into his powers through their connection and helped him.

“How did you know how to do that?” he asked her with a frown.

“I didn’t,” she replied, matching his frown. “I guess, instinct took over. I needed to protect you.”

“I’m sorry, man,” Michael’s voice broke through and everyone turned their eyes towards the tall guy with the regretful downward tilt of his head. “I didn’t mean to- to hit you so hard. I didn’t- I don’t know why I couldn’t stop. If Liz hadn’t-“

“It’s okay,” Max replied and rose onto his elbows.

He could understand how Michael’s frustration over these past few weeks had eventually culminated in this. Max had been very aware of how much Michael had been wanting to do that for months. Maybe now, things could calm down. Maybe Michael had finally got it out of his system.

Maybe.

“Liz, I’m-“ Michael started and Liz turned away from Max and looked at Michael.

Max couldn’t see her face from his angle, but he could see Michael’s. And judging from the ashamed expression on his friend’s face, Liz’s eyes were anything but forgiving.

“Not now, Michael.”

Max had a feeling that Liz had no trouble forgiving Michael for almost attacking her. Her unwillingness to forgive was because of how Michael had acted towards Max just now.

“I’m so disappointed in you,” Maria said as she brushed past Michael and Max felt a sting in his heart at the sad look on Michael’s face. Like a rejected puppy, he slumped over in one corner of the van, turning his head away from them.

Maria dropped to her knees next to Max, who was now getting up into a sitting position. Maria, in the manner of Liz previously, skimmed her hands over Max’s face. “Oh my God, Max. I thought he was going to kill you.”

“Nah,” Max said and carefully traced his swollen bottom lip with the tip of his tongue, tasting blood. “He just needed to get it out of his system.”

“That doesn’t make it okay,” Maria said and turned to loudly say over her shoulder, “It’s not okay, Michael.

Maria turned her attention back to Max and grabbed Liz’s hand that was resting against his chest. Liz looked at Maria in surprise.

“Thank you,” Maria addressed Liz.

Max felt the confusion and the modesty swim in the connection as he saw the small smile on Liz’s lips before she dropped her head and met his eyes.

“So… Liz has powers now?” Isabel asked.

“No,” Max answered and put an arm around Liz. He frowned as he felt the trembles rushing through her body. Distracted from Isabel’s answer, he turned his full attention on Liz. He put his hand against her forehead and felt the heat scalding her skin. “Liz, you’re burning up.”

“I’m a bit tired,” she whispered, her eyes blinking slowly.

Fear squeezed his heart as he shuffled so that he was seated opposite her. He cradled her warm face between his hands, his hold urging her to look at him. “Look at me.”

“I’m a bit dizzy,” she whispered and squinted as if the dim light was hurting her eyes.

“Keep your eyes on me,” he repeated and started feeding her his energy through the connection. Refueling what had been depleted.

“Max, what’s wrong?” Maria asked next to him, but he ignored her. He had to focus on Liz now.

He could feel Liz’s body temperature come down as he topped up her energy, and when he pulled away her eyes were once again alert as she regarded him curiously.

“What?” he asked with a smile, confident with the support of the connection that she was okay again.

“It’s amazing how you do that,” she said breathlessly and he felt himself blush. He knew that everyone was watching them, waiting for answers, but all he wanted to do was to kiss her senseless. Right there and then.

“She used your energy, your powers,” Melissa said, breaking the mood.

Max let his hands slide down Liz’s throat, before he removed them and scooted a feet back. He wouldn’t be able to concentrate with her sitting so close. It was hard enough with the connection between them.

Max nodded. “Yes. Is that possible?”

“Never heard of it before,” Melissa replied and she sounded perplexed.

“Well, we can feed each other energy,” Isabel objected. “And I’ve been able to heal as long as I’m connected to Max.”

“You all have those abilities, they’re just not active in you all the time,” Melissa answered. “So with an energy connection between you, you could essentially share powers. But… Liz is human. She shouldn’t be able to do that.”

“But you’re sure it’s Liz, not Aislin?” Isabel asked, looking at Liz suspiciously.

“It’s me, Isabel,” Liz answered with a smile in her direction.

Isabel looked relieved. “Good.” Looking at Max, she grimaced. “Then maybe you could use his healing power and fix the mess Michael just did.”

Max felt an icy chill run through him. “No!”

They all looked at him in surprise. Belatedly, he realized - by the look on Liz’s face - that she had been hurt by his refusal. As if he didn’t want her help.

“She can’t do healing,” he said quietly, the fear at the prospect of her doing just that immobilizing him. “You saw what it did to her to put up a force field. Healing might just…kill her.”

Liz’s fear was clear and sudden through the connection as she realized the truth behind his refusal of her help. Max turned to Isabel. “But you could do it.”

“Of course,” Isabel replied and took Maria’s place next to Max. As Isabel was healing Max’s face, Max felt energy being pulled not only from himself but also from Liz. It worried him, making him think of what this could mean for the future. If Liz was so intimately connected to him, everything he did would indirectly affect her.

When Isabel was finished, Max reached out for Liz’s hand and felt the familiar tingle at the contact; something he wished would never disappear. “You okay?” he asked her and she nodded.

“Isabel did good job,” Liz whispered with a tentative smile and Max squeezed her hand. While he was impressed by the things she had to handle, had to experience, he also regretted that he was putting her through all of this.

TBC...
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 56 10/9/15 p. 37

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Saw that reaction coming from Michael! So now Liz can tap into Max's powers? That is a nice like title twist.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends. Wow Michael has got a really mad temper. Can't believe Michael was going to go after Liz. Glad Max stood in front of Liz. So cool Liz put a shield up. Love how Max and Liz are with each other. So Liz can use Max's powers. That is so cool.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

That is one crowded van with everyone. Tempers are bound to flare up.
No matter where Liz's powers are coming from......Aislin or tapping into Max......she will be a force to deal with.
Thanks,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Thanks for the great part...again! But I get used to it! So... good for you to know... :lol: :wink:

Michael should really think twice before reacting the way he did! :roll: He was always a little bit pig-headed and in this situation, it doesn't help at all...

There is also a positive meaning in the fact that Alex will be with them; The FBI is looking for 6 peoples and not for 7... :roll:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Michael, MIchael, Michael. :lol:
Great part!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So sorry for bothering you. Will you please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends. What will Max and Liz do now? Will Michael try and tell Liz he is sorry again? Will Liz believe Michael? Will Max help Liz learn powers?

L-J-L 76
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 57

Post by max and liz believer »

Roswelllostcause - Yes, apparently she can. Thank you :D

L-J-L 76 - Thank you :D And extra thanks for the bump :)

Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Yep, Liz is most likely a force to deal with from now on :wink: Especially when it comes to protecting the ones she loves. Thank you :D

Eve (begonia9508)
Thanks for the great part...again! But I get used to it! So... good for you to know... :lol: :wink:
:oops: :D Thank you!

You have a point about Alex being with them will throw the FBI off a bit, since they are actually looking for less people... :wink:

Thank you for the feedback!

saori_1902 - Thank you :D

Previously on "Lethal Whispers"...

Max and Liz met as children, when Max brought Liz back from fatal injuries in a car crash that killed Liz's mother. In their twenties, Max started having premonitions of Liz about her being in danger. He was later introduced to Liz at an office party where Isabel worked. Max was soon to realize that Liz was the girl he had saved many years ago and that in saving her they had formed a bond.

Max saved Liz from the attack that he had seen several times in his premonitions. The rescue attracted the attention of the Special Unit of the FBI and the aliens (plus Maria and Liz) decided to go on the run. There they were momentarily rescued by Melissa - Max's co-worker from Boston - who turned out to be an alien too. Their protector. Who had been watching over the podsters their whole lives. Upon that contact, Melissa made Liz unconscious to stop her from taking part of an alien discussion. That unconscious state brought forward a second individual in Liz - Aislin. According to Melissa, the aliens had lived before on Antar. They had been royalty and part of the royal guard. Upon dying, Zan (Max) had "saved" Aislin's essence inside his own. Aislin was the woman Zan loved. Aislin's essence accidentally got transferred to the (temporarily) dead body of Elizabeth Parker before Max brought her back to life.

Max and Liz have fallen for each other and have deepened their connection by making love. Alex (Liz's longtime friend) managed to track the group down and encountered them at a pit-stop. Liz told him about the aliens and it was decided that Alex would come along. Michael had a fit about Alex being brought along on the trip and hit Max, which caused Liz to somehow tap into Max's powers and put up a shield between Max and Michael to protect Max. This told everyone that Liz was able to use Max's powers (even though she's human), but also that in doing so Liz gets depleted of energy. So Max had to transfer some of his energy to her.

Let's get on with it :D

CHAPTER 57
Liz

His breath was warm and comforting against the side of her neck, his arm relaxed across her waist, his right hand warm against the bareness of her skin where it had crept up underneath her sweater. His breathing was calm and steady, telling of deep sleep. If that wasn’t convincing enough, the calmness through their connection was.

But Liz couldn’t sleep. Max’s supplement of energy was still buzzing through her body, as if she’d had way too many cups of coffee (and she didn’t even drink coffee).

With the sleeping bodies of everyone but Melissa - who was driving - around her, Liz had only her thoughts to keep her company. Those thoughts of hers were proving to be bad company, fretting over the fact that Alex was included in the head count of sleeping bodies in the van. After the fight between Max and Michael, everyone had kind of sided with Max, feeling that it probably was for the best if Alex came along. He knew too much now and in any case, he needed to be convinced of the aliens’ legitimacy before he was cut loose. The risk of him exposing them was lower if he believed them; if he was on their side.

Fortunately, Alex had not been there during their meeting, which had spiraled way out of control. He had been safely tucked away in his car, listening to music, while they had regrouped to ‘discuss his eventual membership to the I-know-an-alien club’.

If he had been privy to that violent meeting, he probably would have called the police on them immediately, convinced that Liz was in fact part of a criminal and dangerous group of people.

Instead, Alex was now asleep just two feet away from Isabel. Isabel had arranged it that way, and for not the first time Liz wondered about this. If she hadn’t known Isabel as well as she thought, she might have hypothesized that Isabel had an interest in Alex. Since Liz knew Alex like a brother, she was certain that Alex had an interest in Isabel.

Even though it was Liz that Alex had kissed at that gas stop.

Liz bit her lower lip at the memory. It had been sweet and soft and innocent. So completely different from the way Max kissed her. Nothing of the exploding emotions and restrained passion pressed against her lips.

Alex had just waited, maybe just enjoying the sensation, and Liz could still remember how her heart had pressed up against the base of her throat. She had felt Max in her head then. In retrospect, she was almost 98% certain that he knew that Alex had kissed her. But before she could react to the kiss - the surprise of his act rooting her to the spot - Alex had pulled back.

She had felt sorry for him and sad that she was unable to reciprocate his feelings. She’d had an inkling that he had been having non-platonic feelings for her for a while, but she had always hoped that she had been successful in not sending him mixed signals. So that he wouldn’t get any false hopes.

Maybe today had been a desperate move on his part. Maybe he was hoping that she would change her mind if he kissed her, and come with him. Or maybe he was doing it because he was afraid he might not see her again. She shifted in Max’s hold, and his hand slid up, to cover her right breast.

She froze and tried to still the feelings the touch of his hand against her bra - not even skin against skin - brought. She fought the sudden impulse to turn in his arms and taste his lips, to skim her hands under his shirt only to rip it off him, to feel his mouth on her skin as he was waking up-

She shook her head forcefully to rid it of the thoughts and reached under her shirt to take a hold of his hand to direct it back to her stomach. They were not alone. This was not the right place for those type of feelings.

“Can’t sleep?”

She jumped at his soft voice against her ear. While fighting her sexual urges she had missed the small signs of him waking up. She felt herself go beet red, her most recent thoughts flashing in her mind as if they wanted to propel themselves at Max in screaming revelation.

“Just thinking,” she whispered back.

His previously relaxed hand against her stomach (where she had just returned it), pressed up against the flat expanse of her abdomen, pushing her body up against the front of his, while he nuzzled his nose into the curve of her neck.

He pulled away to place a soft kiss in the hollow where her jugular vein ran, across the beat of her speeding pulse, and said, “I wish we were alone right now.”

She felt the heat burn through her whole body and her breath got stuck in her throat as she tried not to think of the feel of Max’s hand against her bare skin. Her answer was surprisingly even as she whispered, “Me too.”

She proceeded to turn in his arms and came face to face with him. He tangled her legs with his and started to lightly and slowly skim his fingers into the dip of her waist, up to the side of her ribcage and back down again to her waist. Back and forth, slowly and enticing.

She looked up into those brown eyes with the long dark lashes and dropped her eyes to the sensual bend of his upper lip. She slowly licked her lips, unconsciously pressing her lower body up against his.

“But we’re not,” she said in a hushed voice.

His eyes moved slowly to her lips, his pupils large and black in the dim light of the moving van. “I miss you.”

A smile fluttered at the corner of her mouth. “I’m right here.”

His hand moved from the dip of her waist, around her back, over her shoulder blades, and with a firm pressure he encouraged her upper body closer to his.

“You know what I mean,” he said softly, before he brushed his lips against hers.

She inhaled sharply at the feel of him, of the increasing purposefulness of his kiss. His lips softly encased her bottom lip, before pulling back, leaving her panting (and he had barely kissed her).

“I can feel you in my mind every second of every day,” he whispered, his lips grazing hers intermittently. “Even more so since we…”

“Made love,” she filled in and a shudder of longing momentarily tilted her perspective. How was it possible to long for someone so much? To crave his touch so much that she felt as if she might expire if he didn’t touch her, if he didn’t kiss her?

He looked into her eyes, his face an inch from hers, and said in a hushed tone, “And to not touch you every second is torture.”

She blushed, her breaths heavy and deep. “I know what you mean.”

She inhaled sharply as she felt the restraint of her bra give away as his hand unhooked the clasp at the back of her bra. He was looking at her intently, his eyes dark with desire, as she pulled her lower lip between her teeth.

“What were you thinking when I told you I was a virgin?” he asked, not looking away, wanting to see every reaction of her answer.

She blinked at his question, momentarily surprised, before she whispered, “Well, a virgin shouldn’t be able to unclasp a bra one-handed like you just did.”

He grinned and a different kind of warmth spread through her body, before the playful sensation was interrupted by sharp desire as he moved his hand from its position between her shoulder blades to cup her left breast. She bit down hard on her bottom lip and squeezed her eyes shut to stop the moan from escaping.

She felt his lips against her upper lip, his thumb brush across her nipple, the weight of her breast fall into the palm of his hand and as her teeth let go of her bottom lip, he claimed it with his, the pressure against her breast increasing as he kissed her - thoroughly. Her hands moved to his jawline, traveling across his ears and burrowing into his thick hair. Her moans were drunk by his mouth, her tremors were captured by his body.

“Were you disappointed?” he breathed, pulling back. They were both breathless and her lips felt fuller - bruised - as she stared at him.

“What?” she asked, unable to get her thoughts in line. Her whole body was screaming to be touched, her whole body was screaming to touch his. She couldn’t think. Couldn’t concentrate.

“Were you disappointed that I was a virgin?” His question, and the honesty in his gaze, cooled her desire and she managed to collect herself somewhat.

“No,” she whispered fervently. Why would he think that? “Of course not.”

“I could feel your disappointment,” he said and his eyes were suddenly hooded.

“It was about me,” Liz answered softly. “I was disappointed in me.”

He frowned, a beautiful crinkle between his eyes. “Why?”

“Because I hadn’t waited. Because I didn’t wait for you. Because I assumed that you had done it before. Because of that, maybe I wasn’t careful enough - not in tune with your feelings.”

“Oh God,” he breathed, his eyes intense as they seemed to swallow her face. She felt the thrills of desire rush through their connection, let them rush down her body and fuel her senses. “You were very much in tune with my feelings, Ms. Parker.”

The pads of her fingers pressed against his scalp as the heat tightened in her stomach.

“Don’t be disappointed that you didn’t wait. You had a life before me. That’s important to me.”

She felt confused. “It is?”

He brushed his index finger down the curve of her breast and her eyes drifted closed. “Yes. I needed you to have a normal life before me. I didn’t want you to choose me before you had tried the alternative.”

She swallowed back a laugh and opened her eyes to look at him. He was now the hesitant one, the confused one. She calmed his hesitation at her reaction with a, “Oh, you are so beating the alternative.”

He smiled at her softly, “I’m glad,” before claiming her mouth again, his hand leaving her breast, sliding down her stomach and his fingertips creeping under the upper edge of her jeans, underneath the upper edge of her panties.

She pulled back, gasping for air, her body acutely focused on where his hand was going. “We can’t. We can’t.”

The words were forced out of her. She really didn’t want to say them. She really wanted him to continue. She really really did. But she could see from the realization dawning in his eyes that he had let himself go along with the emotion and, again, forgotten where they were.

“I know,” he said, closing his eyes in disappointment, before he pulled his hand back to her waist. “I know.”

She looked at the back of his eyelids with the taste of his mouth still on her lips and started worrying her bottom lip. “So,” she murmured, which had him opening his eyes and meeting hers. “There’s no chance in hell I’ll be able to sleep now.”

That pulled a laugh out of him and his eyes widened in an expression of ‘Oops!’ before she clasped her hand over his mouth to stop the sound from waking everyone.

They held completely still as Maria turned in her sleep with a soft sigh, just four feet away from them, before silence lowered itself around them again.

They waited another twenty-four seconds before Max said, “Are you worried about him? Alex?”

Liz’s body heat was approaching semi-normal as Max kept his hand still against her waist. His question brought her mind as far away from making love to Max as it could possibly get. “Yes.” She felt the worry from before gnaw its way back into her mind. “A lot.”

“He’s in love with you,” Max whispered evenly.

Liz searched his face, worried about his reaction, but Max didn’t seem bothered, just curious about her answer. So she relaxed and nodded, stating the obvious, “You felt when he kissed me.”

Max gave her a weak smile. “Not the most pleasant thing I could get through our connection, but yes.”

“He was probably just testing the waters-“

“Using everything he could to get you to come with him,” Max filled in.

Liz winced and looked away. “You make him sound like a desperate man with some ugly tricks up his sleeve.”

“That’s not what I meant-“

“I know,” Liz said quietly and looked at her hands, fiddling with the hem to the neck of his T-shirt. “I’ve always suspected he had feelings for me - more feelings than I could reciprocate. But he’s never acted on it; always given me space.”

“Being a gentleman,” Max whispered softly.

Liz looked up at him and nodded slightly. “Yeah. You could say that. He is a gentleman; Alex. He really is a good guy.”

“I don’t doubt it,” Max answered. “He put all this effort into finding you. It couldn’t have been easy. Which tells me that his love for you is real. He’s even sacrificing his own safety to ride along with a possibly dangerous group of criminals, just to make sure that you’re safe.”

Liz felt a stab of regret, of shame. What had she gotten Alex into?

“Don’t,” Max whispered, reading her face. “He’s a grown man. He makes his own decisions. He wanted to come. He wants to save you. So let him.”

She looked up at him, nervously. “How long should we let him tag along? We’re going to the airport, Max. We’re leaving the country.”

“I guess he should decide that,” Max replied.

“What about Michael?”

Max’s eyes darkened with irritation. “Michael’s already made up his mind anyway. As long as he gets on that plane, he’ll be happy.”

“You sure?” Liz felt the concern strike her heart. “What if he attacks Alex the way he did you?”

“He won’t,” Max replied.

“How do you know?” Liz whispered in angst.

Max’s hand tightened against the skin of her waist and there was a protective fierceness in his voice as he replied, “I won’t let him.”

TBC...
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 57 10/14/15 p. 37 (bot

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? All I can say is love the Max and Liz moment.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lethal Whispers (ML, MATURE), Ch 57 10/14/15 p. 37 (bot

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part. It was a good thing for Max and Liz to talk.

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639