Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU, M/L, ADULT) Ch 13, 6/28/15, p. 10

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! That was such a sad part! :?

Liz is still a young girl and losing her mother so young is a disaster for a teen!

I just hope that Max is alive... Mr Evans isn't the same as in the show; I guess he looks like more like Nasedo than Mr Evans, the lawyer! :twisted:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

great part. poor liz
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

Can't wait to read the next part...I need some answers!
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

FOURTEEN

Post by max and liz believer »

Roswelllostcause - Thank you :D
L-J-L 76
I can't believe how quick Mr. Evans and Mr. Mr. Guerin got there.
Yes, that's a bit suspicious, isn't it? 8) Thank you for the feedback!
Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Thank you for the feedback!
saori_1902 - The answers will come… just not for a while, I'm afraid :? Thank you :D
Eve (begonia9508) - Yeah, losing your mother in the midst of your teens is tough. Especially with everything else that is going around in Liz's life right now. Mr. Evans sure behaves more like Nasedo… Thank you for the feedback!
Natalie36 - Thank you :D
dreamon - Next part's coming up… Not so sure I'll be supplying many answers though… 8) Thank you for the feedback!

From THIRTEEN:

My mom was dead.

Max Evans had been watching me since he was little.

Max Evans had been involved in taking my blood when I was younger.

Max Evans had just healed me.

My dad and I were homeless and out of employment.

My mom was dead.

I wanted to die too.

Heavy agony and anguish pushed on my chest and I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, tightening my whole body to prevent the screams from escaping.

I was special. Just like my mom. That’s what a young Michael had told a young Max.

Was that why she had died? Because she was special?

Was I next?

”You look beautiful, sweetie.”

My heart skipped a joyous beat and I quickly turned towards her voice.

She looked like a princess. With her beautiful auburn hair, her green eyes and her beautiful smile, she was the best thing I’d ever seen.

“Mom!” I cried and ran towards her, flinging myself into her arms.

She laughed, confused, into my hair as she hugged me back while I tried to squeeze her so tightly that she would not be able to leave.

“Lizzie… You’re kinda cutting off my air supply here.”

“Sorry,” I sobbed and pulled back. My grip on her body loosened but I wouldn’t let her go. I looked into her warm eyes, remembering every detail of her face. “You’re here.”

“Of course I am,” mom answered incredulously. “Where else would I be?”

I shook my head, and stumbled on a sob, “Nowhere.” I swallowed my tears. “Nowhere but here.”

She cocked her head to the side and looked at me questioningly, but after a second of contemplation she apparently let it go and announced, “Dinner’s ready, honey.”

“Okay,” I whispered, barely letting myself blink. What if she disappeared when I blinked?

“Your daddy’s barbecuing,” mom answered and her left cheek started to drop.

Wait.

Fear gripped me as adrenaline exploded into my blood. My hold on her arms tightened again. “Mom?”

“You like barbecue, right?” mom asked as her face continued to melt in front of me.

“No,” I croaked and shook her hard. Once. Twice. “Mom!”

She frowned, her eyes turning red. “What’s wrong?”

The corneas of her eyes heated and cracked. Like windows. And I screamed.

“Nooooooooo!”

“Shhh, it’s okay. It’s okay.”

I pushed the hands away, my frantic eyes searching the darkness for my mom. For the fire. To escape. To get away from the horror that was my living nightmare.

The hands grabbed at me again, trying to catch my hands. “Liz. Liz. Liz.”

“Noo,” I keened. “Nooo.”

“You’re safe,” my best friend softly whispered and the tightness of my fear slowly transformed into numb sorrow.

I slumped in her comforting arms, letting her rock me gently while whispering nonsensical syllables of consolation into the black night surrounding us.

Mom was dead. Mom had died. Mom was dead.

I tightly squeezed my eyes shut, trying to stop the hot tears from running. My eyes were sore and painful from all the salty tears, my body bone-tired from devastating emotions and sleepless nights.

I just wanted it all to end. I wanted the pain to go away.

I wanted my mom to come back.
Maria’s gaze was heavy. I’m sure she didn’t mean for it to be, but her sympathy was almost too much for me to bear.

“Cereal?” she asked, holding up a box of cornflakes. “I always find that easy to eat when I have close to no appetite. It’s so light, you know.”

I tiredly traced the end of the table with my finger, watching it pick up a fine layer of dust. The DeLucas weren’t the cleanest of people.

“Or maybe you’re in the mood for some toast?” Maria continued, an air of forced cheerfulness applied on top of the concern and compassion. “I could even make you French toast. Maybe you need sugar.”

Amy DeLuca, Maria’s mom, walked into the kitchen. She announced her presence by saying, “Morning, girls,” which meant that I didn’t have to lift my heavy head to acknowledge her existence.

Maria’s mom had never allowed me refer to her by her last name. During Maria’s and my entire friendship, she had always been Amy. To her classmates and the people who had known Amy growing up she was best known as ‘Wacky Amy’. Wacky Amy was a free-spirit; someone that went against the regular current of opinions and social norms. I had always admired her for that.

Amy squeezed my shoulders from behind, and pressed a kiss to my temple before walking straight to the coffee machine.

That was one of Amy’s best qualities. She didn’t fuss. She didn’t linger.

Maria was the complete opposite. Maria needed validation. She needed to be seen. Being invisible made her uncomfortable and awkward.

Normally, I would acknowledge her monologues by supplying intermittent remarks of semi-sarcasm. The current silence I was dishing out was (unfortunately) lengthening Maria’s speeches.

I hadn’t eaten for two days. Apparently, this was making Maria uncomfortable. Each day came with even more food suggestions.

“Maybe you’re in the mood for something really nutritious?” Maria continued. “Porridge?”

“Maria, honey,” Amy interjected while pouring herself her first cup of coffee for the day. A requirement for her to be able to get through the morning. “Liz will eat when she’s hungry. You can’t force these things.”

“But-“ Maria objected, but must’ve been silently silenced by her mother, because the conversation was dropped.

Maria focused on preparing breakfast for herself while I continued to collect dust on my finger along and under the counter. The monotonous and repetitive movement was soothing. Almost therapeutic. It was also threatening to make me fall asleep. I had been unnaturally fatigued since my mother died. Completely drained of energy. My nightmare-induced insomnia wasn’t helping matters further.

My tired eyes dropped as the sizzling sound of the frying pan methodically lulled me to sleep. But before my eyes closed completely, I noticed a redness break out across my palm.

Instantly 100% awake, I became aware of the heat that was creeping into my hand and I reflectively snapped my hand back. The sensation was unmistakable. Like I had just placed my hand on a hot stove.

I felt Maria’s eyes on me. “You okay?”

“I…” I murmured, the burning sensation in my hand intensifying.

I jumped off the stool where I was seated and quickly headed for the bathroom, leaving two very confused women in the kitchen. I pulled the door closed behind me and locked it. Quickly turning the tap on and adjusting it to the coldest setting, I swiftly plunged my burning hand into the water stream.

The relief came almost immediately and with the momentary absence of pain, my mind could focus on analyzing what was happening.

How could I be burning without having burnt myself?

Except…

I had been burnt. Three days ago. I had most likely been burnt over most of my body. Hand included.

Letting my hand remain in the stream of cooling water, I pulled my shirt up with my free hand to reveal the unhealed area on my stomach.

I gasped. It was worse.

Instead of healing it had gotten worse. I might be hallucinating, but I was pretty sure there were blisters forming in the damaged area.

Ever since I was burnt, the area had been throbbing and burning, but I had managed to push it to the back of my mind, my brain occupied with grieving my mom. How had I managed to avoid feeling that it had gotten worse?

There was a knock at the door.

“Liz? Are you okay?”

I let my shirt drop to cover my stomach and kept my burning hand in the cold tap water while leaning over to the toilet to collect a large wad of toilet paper.

“I’ll be right out,” I yelled over the rushing sound of the faucet.

“Okay,” came the insecure voice and I was pretty certain that Maria would be waiting outside the door for me.

I put the big wad of soft toilet paper into the cold water - partially wetting it - before turning off the tap and wrapping the cool wet paper around my hand. Maybe that would keep the burning sensation off until Maria left for school. Maybe then I could just take a long cold bath.

I pulled the door open and watched Maria’s eyes immediately travel to my bundled up hand.

Her eyes widened. “What happened?”

“I cut myself,” I answered vaguely.

She frowned. “Cut yourself?”

I knew that she was trying to figure out where I could have cut myself, so I hurried to say, “There was this sharp edge to the counter. I was stupidly dragging my finger there.” I mustered up a sheepish smile and added, “It’s not bad, but it’s bleeding a lot.”

Maria looked uncertain. “Maybe we should let mom take a look.”

I shook my head, “No, no,” trying to convey calmness, “I’ll be fine.” I could already feel the throbbing dimly returning to my hand, the hand heating up the coolness of the damp toilet paper. “But maybe I could bum some painkillers off you…?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Maria said quickly, eager to be able to do something. “I’ll get some.”

“Thanks,” I mumbled while I felt the same burning sensation that was in my hand also creep up the back of my neck.

What the hell was happening to me?
I braced myself against the plastered white wall and took a deep breath. But even when I closed my eyes tightly shut, my surroundings kept on spinning. I was acutely aware of the burning pain over my back and up my neck, of the pounding in my left arm and the small blisters that had been on my face when I had woken up this morning.

I had snuck out of the house before Maria or Amy had woken. I didn’t want them to see me like this. Didn’t want them to ask any questions that I couldn’t answer.

Which is how I found myself standing outside of the Evans’ residence at seven in the morning.

It took a monumental effort to raise my arm and press the door bell. I had the small energy to pray that it wouldn’t be Mr. Evans answering the door.

The door flung open and I was struck by how much like himself he looked. As though he had never been burnt at all.

His eyes widened in horrified worry as he saw me. “Liz?”

I struggled to put a light smile on my lips. “I think you did something wrong when you fixed me.”

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable (AU, M/L, ADULT) Ch 14, 7/1/15, p. 11

Post by dreamon »

Great part! And does this mean that Liz has powers and they are surfacing due to max's healing?
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Wow, poor Liz.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! I can't believe that the burns were there and she didn't even felt it, until she puts her hands in water!

What is happening to Liz and did all Roswell inhabitants lied to her, even her family, because she is important to them? :twisted: They can't go on and on, on lying to her, without risking her to discover
everything! :twisted:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back aand post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen for Max and Liz next. Poor Liz she lost her mom, place to live and work. I'm glad Maria and Amy are there for Liz. Holy cow Liz has burns on her. That is so not good. I'm really glad Liz went to talk to Max. Hopefully Max will be able to help Liz with out her freaking out. Will Liz get powers? Will Max be able to help Liz? Will Liz have to go to the hospital? Will Max and Liz talk? Will Liz ask Max about healing her? Will Max tell Liz the truth? Will Liz tell Max about the vision she had while Max healed her? Will Mr. Evan and others find out about Liz coming to see Max? What will Mr. Evans and others do when they find out? Will Max and Liz fall for each other? Will Max and Liz talk? Will Max and Liz kiss? Will Max and Liz sleep together? Will Max help Liz if she has powers? Will Max be there for Liz? So sorry for the questions I was just wondering Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Wow! What is going on with Liz? Why are the burns coming back? Please hurry back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Holy smokes! No pun intended. Wow. What is the H is going on? Poor Mrs. Parker. I wonder what's going on with Liz too? She still has some really bad burns but didn't Max heal her. What's so special about her anyways? 8)