Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) A/N, 8/14/15, p. 24

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey, take your time - the week-end is ahead from us and then, plenty of free time... hopefully also for you!

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) A/N, 8/14/15, p. 24

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Sleep and food are two vital necessities.. ;)

Hope you got both - lord knows you'd need it after ten plus hours!
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

TWENTY-EIGHT

Post by max and liz believer »

Shower: Check
Food: Check
Cats fed: Check
And my tea is ready to be enjoyed while I attempt to answer (or sidestep :roll: ) your questions. My piece of dark chocolate shall be eaten while posting the new part.

Thank you all for your concern. I really am fine. Just a bit exhausted. It's been a couple of long days and I kinda suck at slowing down and knowing my limits.

But - enough about me. Let's talk about Liz. And Max. :D

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl - I love that you are the protector and advocate of Max. Like the worried mother of a bullied and misunderstood child, it warms my heart that you seem to see straight into Max (through Liz's eyes). And you are so right - on so many things.
I wonder what it was about her confession that caused him pain? If anger is a second-hand emotion of pain (which it usually is) them her confession caused him great duress. I suspect (and I could be completely off base here) that it's two-fold.
The reasons behind Max's reaction are many. But they mostly stem from him needing to protect her and (like you yourself mentioned) being involved in Max's world doesn't really help to protect her. Being in love with him is even worse. That makes them both into targets.
Max has to realize though that he can't break the bond with Liz. To do so is basically putting Bambi in an open field surrounded by hunters. :?
Yes, it's stupid... :?
You're not really gonna make us wait forever to have them sneaking around to see each other, are you Jo?
Hmmm.... :roll: :oops:
I kept mulling over the "in war" phrase you wrote. Just how often do "wars" break out amongst the alien society? They seem almost medieval if the physically/mentally strongest is the one who leads. And they all seem to want more power, etc. Though that's pretty much true in today's day and age as well. :roll:
Good question. There's obviously no war right now (aliens vs aliens or aliens vs humans), but wars are happening daily amongst humans. Not that odd for the aliens to be prepared for that same risk.

Thank you, Ashley. Thank you thank you thank you for the long feedback and the compassionate analysis of Max.

Helen (Roswelllostcause)
Max is stupid to want to break the bond! If he breaks it then Liz could end up at the mercy of Sean and that would be a really really bad thing!
Oh, yes. Unfortunately, that is most likely true... Crazy Town should be closed for business now. Or?
Thank you for the feedback!

L-J-L 76 - Thank you for the feedback and the bump and the concern :D !

Eve (begonia9508) - So...work is on your case too, huh? :roll:
The story about her mother was a awful chock for Liz and she should not have discussed about all she learned in such state of mind!
You're right. Learning about her mother really put Liz out of state, and it might've contributed to her erupting from information overload later and getting into that fight with Max :? .

Liz might be tempted to leave Roswell, but would she be safe? What's to say that they wouldn't follow her?
Thank you for the feedback!

Carolyn (keepsmiling7) - Good to hear that you're enjoying getting some answers :D Thank you for the feedback!

AlysLuv - Hehe, you're handing out tough love there. Yes, Max is coming of as a bit of a martyr, but maybe he doesn't have that much control over what he is and isn't allowed to do. He constantly makes odd decisions (and you don't have to agree with them), but there's a lot going on in the background. That's all I can say :oops:
Don't know how much better I made your day by making you pissed off at Max, though :wink: Thank you for the feedback!

Seriously, guys. Thank you so much for the feedback and everything else around it!

From TWENTY-SEVEN:

Energy. Max was pulling energy from me.

“You’re gonna go back to bed, Jeffrey,” Max stated, evenly. “There’s no one in your daughter’s room besides your daughter - sleeping soundly. You’re not gonna remember anything about this in the morning. You’ve slept through the night peacefully.”

My dad’s eyes widened, his face going blank. His voice was barely above a whisper as he acknowledged, “Okay.”

Max’s voice was hard as he added, “Go. Now.”

My dad turned to leave and I looked back at Max, fierce anger reddening my vision.

You just mind controlled my dad!

“How could you?” I spit, my anger faltering some as he turned pitch black eyes to my face.

“See?” he hissed. “I’m a monster.”

It felt like he had backhanded me across the face. I stared at him, speechless, as emotional pain vibrated through me.

“Don’t worry,” he said lowly and released my arms, taking a step back. “I’ll find a way to break the connection. Then you won’t be so
confused any more.”

No.

And without any further words of goodbye, Max roughly grabbed the doorknob and rather violently ripped the door open, disappearing into the dark apartment.

I heard the front door slam a few seconds later, snapping the last shreds of my self-control, and I sank to my knees as my feelings shattered around me.

A/N: Credits to the lyrics in the first part of the following chapter: Jessie Ware - "Say You Love Me"
If you haven't heard it, look it up. It's a beautiful song.

“Lizzie?”

Say you love me, to my face
I need it more, than your embrace

I curled tighter in on myself and pulled my extra pillow over my face.

Just say you want me, that’s all it takes
Heart’s getting torn, from your mistakes

“Do you have this song on repeat or what?”

’Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If you don’t wanna try

I groaned. Why couldn’t Maria just leave me alone?

I felt the bed dip as she sat down by my folded knees. I was in the fetal position, squeezing my eyes tightly shut against reality.

Baby, it looks as though we’re running out of words to say
And love’s floating

“I brought you some groceries,” Maria said gently and I felt her hand stroke through my unwashed hair. “Your dad is starting to look like a skeleton, and I’m kinda afraid of what you look like under all those sheets.”

“Go away,” I mumbled, pulling the duvet closer around me.

Want to feel burning flames when you say my name
Want to feel passion flow into my bones
Like blood through my veins

“How long has it been since you’ve eaten, anyway?” she asked, the worry clear enough to cut through steel. “Do you even leave bed?”

“Go away,” I repeated, the lack of energy that comes with not eating making my voice weak.

Won’t you stay?
Slowly, slowly, you run for me
But do you know me at all?

“What happened?” Maria continued, obviously ignoring my faint pleas. “I thought you were doing well. Remarkably well, even. I wouldn’t have been that strong. And then…” she paused, the chorus of the song taking over.

’Cause I don’t want to fall in love
If you don’t wanna try
But I’ll that I’ve been thinking of
Is maybe that you might

“Oh, for God’s sake,” Maria grumbled and Jessie Ware’s voice was abruptly interrupted.

“Hey,” I mumbled in weak protest, my eyes shooting open, but hastily closing them again against the bright afternoon sun. “I was listening to that!”

Next, the comforter was ripped off my body and I shivered at the sudden lack of protective warmth.

“Lizzie,” Maria voiced sadly and I squeezed my eyes shut again as I felt her eyes on my body. “Let me help you in the shower. You need a shower.”

“I don’t want a shower,” I mumbled, annoyed.

“That might be so, but ‘want’ and ‘need’ are two completely different things.”

“Why do you care?” I asked tiredly.

“Because - even if you’re like the most difficult friend ever - I love you,” Maria replied simply.

My heart was currently numb to any confessions of that kind and I covered my face with my hands. “Please, just leave me alone.”

“If you don’t get out of that bed, I’ll go and get Alex to help me.”

My hands fell away as my eyes snapped open, widening, and they flickered to Maria’s narrowing green eyes.

“Oh,” she breathed understandingly in response to my reaction. “We’re so having that discussion, chica.”

Reluctantly, I pulled myself into a seated position and pushed the duvet all the way to my feet. Maria helped me get out of bed. My whole body ached from its prolonged horizontal position.

“Is it your mom?” Maria asked as she tightened her arm around my waist, before deadpanning, “Of course it’s your mom.”

No, it wasn’t just my mom. She was a big part of it. But mostly… Max and his mysterious life had helped me handle the grief from my mother’s death. And now Max was gone.

Max was out there somewhere, trying to figure out a way to break the connection to me that he had opened. I wondered if he was trying the impossible. I had also wondered, at times, why Philip Evans hadn’t found it fitting to try and break Max’s and my connection once he found out we had one, not just ordering Max to erase my mind.

Did he really not think that I would have questions, even without memories, when I, in the future, continued to be assaulted by Max’s feelings? Maybe Mr. Evans had just hoped that it would drive me insane - tick one problem off his list with me in the mental asylum.

But did he really want me gone? If human females with the gaea gene were so sought after, so attractive amongst his people, shouldn’t he be happy that his own son had actually bonded with one?

Or maybe that was it. Once my mind was erased, they would use the connection without me knowing, just erasing my mind occasionally. Was that how they did it? With other ‘subjects’ (as Max had called us)?

But Max wouldn't do that, would he? Would he really use the connection the way he would be expected to, using my energy?

During my fasting days of solitude, I had considered this as well. And I was pretty sure that Max had already used me. Maybe not intentionally. But the pulling sensations on my chest, the odd bouts of fatigue, the night at the party when Max made us invisible (probably mind control) and I fainted afterwards, most likely because he had drained me.

Was he really a monster? ‘Cause if I stacked up everything that had happened to me through the bond, the facts spoke for themselves. Max was using my body without my permission.

Maybe that was why he wanted to break the connection. To protect me. Because maybe he wasn’t able to control when he used me through the connection or not. And judging from his reactions - his worry - when he had drained me of energy, he really didn’t like to ’use’ me.

“Hey.”

I snapped my head up, to my surprise seeing that Maria had pulled all of my clothes off without me noticing.

“Where did you go?”

I blinked, took two deep breaths, reached into the shower and turned the water on. Instead of answering her question, I said, “Thanks,” and stepped into the shower.

Maria’s voice was partly drowned out by the sound of the water as I pulled the shower curtain around the shower and ducked my head into the warm water.

“Do you need any help?”

No. I just wanted to be left alone. I bit back my irritation, knowing that she was only concerned. “No. I’m fine.”

“Okay,” Maria answered. “I’ll wait in your room.”

I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me any longer, and turned up the temperature of the water. The wound on my stomach had basically healed. Now I needed to scald myself to obtain the same release that the pain from the wound had previously given me.
“Did Alex and you have a fight?” Maria asked bluntly as I was pulling a fresh top over my head.

“What makes you think that?” I asked and walked over to my iPhone, docked to the speakers, and pressed ‘play’.

I ignored Maria’s glare of disapproval at my choice of song and selected ‘repeat’.

“You won’t take any of his calls,” Maria said.

“I don’t answer the phone, period,” I refuted blankly. Well, not lately anyway. Even before Max disappeared on me, I’d been having trouble figuring out how my new phone worked. The one that had replaced the one that so conveniently disappeared at that weird party.

“Fair enough,” Maria agreed, but she was relentless in her theory. “But you just looked scared shitless when I suggested to call for Alex’s help earlier.”

“You should ask him,” I shrugged.

“I did! For once, the boy is frustratingly quiet. He just asked me if you answered when I called, which hinted that you don’t answer when he calls.”

I didn’t respond to this, stepping back into my bed and pulling the duvet up over the lower half of my body.

“He’s worried about you. We all are.” Maria turned big doe eyes on me and added, “Maybe you should see someone.” She hinted towards the living room, where I could hear the sound of the TV. “Your dad definitely should see someone. Since you’ve stopped taking care of this household, and him, he’s just been fading away.”

“I don’t need to see anyone,” I denied.

Max. I needed to see Max.

“Well, I’m giving you three more days, then you need to get your ass back to school, Lizzie.” She dared me to protest. “Monday. Okay? I need to see you in school on Monday.”

School.

Where Sean Carter would be waiting around every corner. With the risk of seeing Max doing his best to avoid me. With me glancing at every single person at that High School and wondering if they were alien, hybrid or human. If they really looked like they appeared or if they had changed their appearance to hide something unnatural, something alien.

I shuddered.

No thanks.

“Promise me,” Maria begged, large eyes with sparkles of hope in them, trained on my face.

“Thanks for the shower,” I mumbled and pulled the comforter over my head.

I could hear her breathing, feel the weight of her body press into my mattress as she sat next to my knee on the bed, and I suspected that she was considering hauling me out of that bed.

But, eventually, she stood and I heard the door close behind her. To my surprise, I was disappointed. Disappointed that she hadn’t worked harder to force me back into the world of the living. Disappointed that she hadn’t tried to get more answers out of me. Because, to be honest, I really really needed someone to talk to.

I was disappointed because giving up was not Maria’s regular forte.

I felt like a shell. An empty, cold hollow vessel with no future.

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and focused on the faint buzz at the back of my head. The buzz that comforted me. The buzz I suspected was no other than Max.

In other words; my alien connection to Max Evans.
The second I felt his blue eyes at the back of my head, I knew that it had been a bad idea to return to school. But I had convinced myself that I would probably be safer at school, surrounded by people, instead of alone in an apartment. There I would be guarded only by a grief-stricken, thin and weak father.

Besides, It should be no problem for aliens to get through locked doors, right?

And I really didn’t want to give Maria any reason to make truth out of her threat about signing me up for a psychologist.

What would I tell that psychologist? There was nothing to talk about, because all the problems that should’ve been regular teenage problems were suddenly alien related. So there was really nothing a shrink could do for me.

I found myself without a way out. I couldn’t escape this alternate universe I found myself in. The best way would probably be to move away from Roswell. But what was to say that they wouldn’t follow me - track me down? And maybe then, on my own, I wouldn’t have any means of protecting myself.

Simultaneously, I didn’t want to leave. Roswell was my home. Maria was here. I would have counted Alex as a friend to miss as well, but I was heavily conflicted about the Alex situation at the moment.

Alex. I bit my lip sadly at the thought of him.

Throughout my whole life, I had only been aware of Max Evans from afar. For the latter part of my life, I had considered him weird and had been afflicted with the strongest feeling that he was hiding something.

Hence, it was not that odd to find out that he actually was hiding something.

But Alex… Alex had been my friend since second grade. We’ve had sleepovers, tried out weird food combinations together, braided each others’ hair (Alex had had hair that curled below his ears as young), built tree houses and so on. He had always been there for me, through thick and thin.

During all those years, was there really not a single time when it would have been appropriate for him to tell me that he was an alien?

We had been close friends and still he had lied to me. Every single day. I felt betrayed and used, and I tried not to think about if he had at any time used any ‘abilities’ on me. If he had used mind control, like Sean, or even erased my mind.

So the jury was still out on Alex. Previously, I had considered confronting Alex and make sure that my research had been correct, but before I’d had the chance to Max had supposedly erased my mind, which meant that my research and knowledge of Alex was supposed to have been removed. If I were to confront Alex now, would he be loyal to me and not tell Mr. Evans that my memory was intact, or would he, out of loyalty to his race, sell me out?

Brushing the thoughts away (my head ached from all that intense thinking), I slammed the door to my locker, a biology book tucked under my arm. My stomach grumbled with the lack of food, but I ignored it. Food held no interest any longer. I had zero appetite.

As I turned away from the locker I saw Alex at the end of the corridor. He raised his hand in the beginning of a wave, but stilled in that awkward half-position as I looked away.

I decided to take another route to the biology classroom. I didn’t want to risk Alex intercepting my walk in attempt to speak to me.

It proved to be a long detour, taking me down corridors which were momentarily deserted. This part of school housed the gym, the art room and the music hall. Apparently, not many classes were being held there at this time of day.

I met a teacher halfway through the main corridor. She glanced at me as I ducked my head and I pressed the biology book to my chest.

I heard the sound of her sensible heels impact the linoleum floor in a perfect rhythm, gradually decreasing in sound the more distance we put between each other.

I saw the sign to the gym at the end of the corridor and figured that there probably wasn’t a class there right now. It would be quicker to take a short-cut through the gym than around it.

A new set of footsteps replaced the almost completely faded female steps of the teacher, these steps growing intensity - echoing off the walls - coming closer instead of moving away.

My heart fluttered with a touch of nervousness and without really having any justification as to why, I quickened my steps, pushed the door to the gymnasium open and let the emptiness of the vast room swallow me up.

Heartbeats were thumping wildly in my chest, the pulse strong against my temples, and I forced a nervous laugh out of me.

Don’t be ridiculous, Parker.

It was in the middle of the day, in a public high school - why should I be scared?

Then the door to the gymnasium opened behind me. I had managed to put about twenty feet between me and the door by then, and I swirled around to see who it was.

Cornflower blue glittering eyes accompanied the smirk on his lips as he let the door swing closed behind him. ”There you are.”

I stopped breathing and my biology book hit the floor with a heavy thud.

TBC...

------------------------------
Morning Dreamgirl wrote: I'll get super glue ready for that eraser room door...
Maybe we should've given that super glue to Liz so that she could've glued the gym door closed instead of the eraser room door :?
Last edited by max and liz believer on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 28, 8/14/15, p. 25

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Sean really needs to go jump in a lake with a pair of cement shoes! Liz should realize that Alex is her friend and always has been. He may have wanted to tell her about himself but may not be aloud too.

Escaping Crazy Town for now.

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I've decided you must be a sadist. A very nice one, but potentially a sadist nonetheless. :wink:

Just kidding.

So... Can we have Sean blasted to pieces or at least have Liz knock him unconscious with her biology book when she picks it up? :wink:

FB later.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. Oh great Sean the jack ass is following Liz. I really hate Sean and I hope someone beats the shit out of him really soon. Liz and Alex needs to talk about what Liz find out. And Alex needs to tell Liz the truth. What the hell is Sean going to do now? Will Sean try and use his powers on Liz? Will Liz be able to block Sean? Will Liz be able to fight against Sean's powers? Will Max be there to save Liz? Will Maria or Alex be there to save Liz? Will Max be able to stop Sean? Will Maria and Alex be able to stop Liz? Will Sean try and kiss Liz? Will Liz let Sean kiss her? Will Liz be able to walk away? Where will Liz go? Who will Liz run into? Will Liz go to class? Will Liz go and see Max? What will Max say to Liz? Will Max and Liz talk? Will Liz leave? Will Liz go home? What will happen when Liz get home? Will Max be there waiting for Liz? Will Maria and Alex be there when Liz gets home? Will Liz remember more things from her past? What will Liz remember? Will it be good memories or bad memories? Will Max come and see Liz? Will Liz find out who are Aliens and who are the hybrids? Will Liz be happy when she finds out? Will Liz be scared when she finds out? Will Liz get powers from Max healing her? What kind of powers will Liz have? Will Max and Liz fall for each other? Will Max and Liz admit their feelings? Will Max and Liz get together? Will Max and Liz kiss? So sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Liz really needs Max........
Alex's surprise, maybe Liz will get over not knowing for so long.
I loved their younger days, sleep overs and all.
And bang........here's Sean. Please come help Liz, Max! And make it soon
Thanks,
Carolyn
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Aww hella no! She better beat Sean's ass :lol: :lol: I'm going to bet she's not going to, wishful thinking though :lol: BIG trouble.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

oh man so many twist and turns. i love it. sean has got to go.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Morning Dreamgirl wrote:I've decided you must be a sadist. A very nice one, but potentially a sadist nonetheless!

I was thinking the same too, after reading the part! :twisted: :lol:

Liz should talk to her father and in secret, they should run away from Roswell! We all know how big the world is, so don't tell me that they can go to another place or country... But maybe, these damn aliens are everywhere... :shock: :roll:

Liz is stronger as she thought and she should try to stop Sean in his dreadful plans... :twisted:

Maybe a knee in the his' right place? Even a alien must feel pain there! :twisted:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!