Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 99 8/29/16 p. 84

Post by Natalie36 »

great part
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Finally everyone is going to get some answers about everything. Hopefully Dresden will tell everyone what he knows and all of it will be the truth.

L-J-L 76
mela3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mela3 »

OMG, an update. Thank you thank you thank you. I am glad the group is getting more information. I do wonder how the rebellion alien will treat the opinion and contributions of the humans. Most aliens believe that humans are weak, but I believe that humans can be very helpful on this war as more than just "controlled robots".
I like lots of things, but there are three things I like most: love, love... and love

- La Dolce Vita
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Ok, now it Looks like they will be getting some informations, which are the most important matters when you are at war... and I really have the Feeling that they are!...

Loved how Liz did comfort her man... Thanks and looking for more! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Gah! I'm still behind on FB. But here's one for the last chapter at least. :oops:

It was definitely an emotional one.

I'm glad that Liz was able to push aside her discomfort at seeing Max with Tess (in any form) to realize that he needed some truth spoken into him about his "participation" during the events of her life.

It's not easy when you're physically and emotionally drained to pour into someone else like that - even if they are deeply bonded.

Honestly though that's something that's been a long time coming. He's needed to hear those things for awhile and he needs to start believing them even more. I have a feeling that the believing part might take a bit longer. It would seem false if it didn't. But at least it'll be sped up some with their connection. Though I'm hesitant to see what else they have to deal with once the overview of the rebellion is explained to them.

There's a very distinct possibility that Max in particular is going to feel manipulated and played by those who are now leading the rebellion. Especially in regards to his own father. In some ways their relationship is so strained right now I wonder how much more Max (and Liz) can take before Max's relationship with his father is damaged. Not that they won't still care for each other but damaged nonetheless. It's easy to see the bad parts from Max's point of view. And easy to see how Philip had no good choices - just like Max didn't have good choices when it came to Liz.

In some ways I wonder if this chapter isn't a forewarning of something bigger. Tess being let out - when no one cares whether she lives or dies (save possibly her mother and we know nothing about her) and without the protection of her father... Well that just means that she knows she doesn't have much to lose. She's fighting for her life in as much as Max and Liz are.

So the fact that they let her out (to do as much damage as possible) coupled with the traitor that they obviously have in their midst shows just how precarious the group's safety is. It's no wonder that Dresden didn't want Max and Liz to even leave the room.

I'm not throwing this out there just to be a pervert but at this point Max and Liz basically need another night in Hondo. The last time they were so off balance that it led to being careless and if they keep at it with this rate of information and overload it's just going to be worse. Not that they'd be careless again but the amount of time that they'd actually be together would probably be longer than what would be safe. So it's almost a five short sessions or one long one. :oops:

I'm not being perverted, I swear. I'm just thinking logically with all the previous information we have. Obviously the connection is holding off as long as it can but that didn't work out so well last time.

Right. Moving on. :oops:

In a lot of ways I'm glad Maria is there. She'll be able to better understand Liz after this and Liz won't lose that friendship which is most dear to her.

On the other hand though it's another person to watch out for. Another person Liz is concerned about. Another distraction. You can see why the leaders of the group wouldn't have necessarily wanted her brought in.

To that extent it's nice to see that Dresden is being soft with her and gentle. I'm sure that it would be easier to just be all business so that everyone can try to at least get some rest. (*snorts* Yeah, like people are going to rest after getting a briefing on the rebellion. I know I'm not going to be in the "sleeping after the bomb" camp. :wink:)

So to have Dresden willing to not only acknowledge Maria but also speak to her as something other than a nuisance is a good thing. I hope that it will help build some trust between Maria and the Antarians because she desperately needs that right now.

So much more I could write!

But given that you'll be updating soon (yay Monday's!) I'll post.

Shall I start the countdown now? How's thirty minutes for you sound? Good? Good! :wink:

Eagerly waiting here. Okay; so technically I'm going to sleep but we all know that doesn't kick the enthusiasm down any. :D
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

ONE ZERO ZERO

Post by max and liz believer »

First things first. I've forgotten to tell you (even though it's been in my banner for some time) that I've created a Facebook Page for my more recent stories. Feel free to check it out: Facebook Page - Author's Page

Now, to your lovely feedback :D

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl)
You mean... We're actually going to get some answers? Like a lot of them? *Starts to hyperventilate.*
Yup, that's what I mean :roll: :mrgreen:
Off to read again. Nothing better to do at almost 5:00 AM. ;) :lol:
Actually... I've heard of this thing called sleep. People usually do that at 5 a.m. It's supposedly a lovely and relaxing experience. You should try it out.
Honestly though that's something that's been a long time coming. He's needed to hear those things for awhile and he needs to start believing them even more. I have a feeling that the believing part might take a bit longer. I
This is a very sore point with Max. He still - obviously - feel responsible for Liz and how she has been treated up until now. It will be difficult for Max to start to accept that, in the end, he made the best out of a shitty situation.
There's a very distinct possibility that Max in particular is going to feel manipulated and played by those who are now leading the rebellion. Especially in regards to his own father.
There is that risk, yes :?
In some ways I wonder if this chapter isn't a forewarning of something bigger.
The war? :roll: 8)
I'm not throwing this out there just to be a pervert but at this point Max and Liz basically need another night in Hondo.
I completely agree with you (and I don't consider you - or I - perverts). Max and Liz really needs some R&R right now. Desperately. It might even be vital to their ability to survive this upcoming war.
In a lot of ways I'm glad Maria is there. She'll be able to better understand Liz after this and Liz won't lose that friendship which is most dear to her.

On the other hand though it's another person to watch out for. Another person Liz is concerned about. Another distraction. You can see why the leaders of the group wouldn't have necessarily wanted her brought in.
Once again, your astute observations are spot on :D
Eagerly waiting here. Okay; so technically I'm going to sleep but we all know that doesn't kick the enthusiasm down any. :D
You're gonna sleep? Really? Excellent :D Good girl :D

Thank you so so much for the feedback, hun!

Helen (roswelllostcause)
Real answers? If this is true then it's about time!
It only took me 100 chapters :wink:

Natalie36 - Thank you :D

L-J-L 76
Finally everyone is going to get some answers about everything. Hopefully Dresden will tell everyone what he knows and all of it will be the truth.
Dresden will be truthful. The situation is too precarious at this point not to be. Thank you!

mela3
I do wonder how the rebellion alien will treat the opinion and contributions of the humans. Most aliens believe that humans are weak, but I believe that humans can be very helpful on this war as more than just "controlled robots".
Most of this will be explained, trust me :D

Eve (begonia9508)
Looks like they will be getting some informations, which are the most important matters when you are at war...
It really is. Thank you for the feedback, Eve! :D

And we've reached chapter 100 :shock: :shock: My longest story ever.

From NINETY-NINE:

”Reports have been spilling in from our men around the area, confirming that Theresa Carter, also known as Tess, has been released from her custody. I wanted to keep the information overload to a minimum for some time still, instead having you focus on training, but the unfortunate release of Miss Carter warrants for some more hasty briefing.” Without breaking speed, Dresden interrupted himself and prompted questioningly, ”Yes?”

Surprised, I looked in the direction of his gaze and saw Maria slowly lowering her hand. The feeling of being in a circle of school kids reappeared as Maria’s recently raised hand had asked permission to ask a question.

Her voice was surprisingly strong when she spoke, but it lacked stability and volume signaling her insecurity about her role in this situation. ”What do you mean by custody? And if she’s our age, why hasn’t she attended school? Why don’t we know of her?”

My eyes flickered back to Dresden, afraid that he might be upset about the interruption. I didn’t know him that well yet.

But, to my relief, Dresden’s face softened and there was a small curve of understanding to his mouth. ”I know that you’re confused, Ms. DeLuca. You are not alone. A large part of the information I’m about to give you have been withheld even from our own people. But I’ll try and answer all your questions. Okay?”

Maria nodded mutely. She almost looked surprised. I think I had the same expression on my face. Surprise at how nice Dresden actually seemed.

”Okay,” Dresden repeated in agreement and let his gaze move around the circle. ”Right. Let’s try and take this from the beginning, shall we?”

”To try and avoid making this briefing too long, I will be starting with the arrival of the Antarians to planet Earth. The reasons behind our need to leave our own planet are numerous and cross several centuries, hence I won’t be going into too deep detail about it. Maybe I’ll tell you more later.”

He paused, maybe expecting protests, but the human-alien circle was silent.

”The Antarian government sent two ships to Earth. The travelers were mostly young adults, handpicked with respect to their special abilities and their personalities. Unfortunately, some youngsters got their spot on the ship because their families had struck deals. This is how we ended up with Antarians equipped with some dangerous traits on Earth.”

He took a deep breath and shifted in position. He was still standing up, at the north end of the seated listeners.

”Antar was once a monarchy, ruled by a king. The royal bloodline was truly blood-based, meaning that those of royal ancestry had more magnified abilities due to genetic differences.”

My thoughts backtracked to what I had been told about Command. About how he had royal blood, meaning that he could adopt abilities - even special ones - and make them his own.

I shuddered at the prospect of a whole planet being ruled by men with that kind of power.

”Then came the Blood War. Just like on Earth, there was a movement away from the royal reign as the people started to demand more rights for themselves. The war spanned many years, but eventually the people overthrew the royal domination. Rulers were chosen by the people and a large governmental apparatus - much like the ones in a majority of the countries on Earth - developed.”

I squeezed Max’s hand. He was as still as the rest of the group. I could tell from his mind processes that he had heard all of this before, but he was still paying strict attention to what was being said. As if he might learn something new.

”Unfortunately, the price for changing the ruling authority was very high. Not only were hundreds of thousands of Antarian lives lost in the war, but our planet had been severely damaged in the process. The new government was exceedingly scientifically oriented, with great research facilities and great minds, enabling them to postpone the inevitable for much longer than should have been possible. But still, the planet was deteriorating and the project to try and save Antarians through space relocation was initiated.”

Dresden inhaled deeply. It was a loud sigh, uncharacteristic of an alien, considering that the aliens I knew did not display exaggerated mannerisms.

What he was intending to say next was most likely something of great importance.

”Antarian scientists visited Earth a long time ago. Even before the Blood War. Intellectuals were worried about the increasing instances of inbreeding within the royal families. By marrying within their own group, they could sustain the power of their abilities and become stronger.”

I felt Max stiffen behind me. Something about that information did not sit right with what he had learnt as a child.

Dresden’s gaze moved steadily around the circle, pausing a second too long on Max and I before continuing, ”What you need to understand is that Antarians are a peaceful people.”

A broken halted sound came from behind my neck, from Max. I assumed it was supposed to be a snort, but he was too puzzled to get it right.

Instead his defensive and irritated thought flew through my mind, Peaceful my ass.

And from what I had seen, heard, and first-hand experienced about the aliens, I could do nothing but agree with Max. With their lack of empathy, their lust to use humans for their own purposes and their need to dictate over their own people, I had seen nothing ’peaceful’ about the ones calling themselves Antarians.

Dresden’s eyes slowly moved back to Max at his poorly produced snort. ”A very spiritual race.” He was calm and collected. And deadly serious. ”The Antarians were well connected to the universe, to nature, to the good.”

He blinked and shifted his eyes away from Max and I. ”But the greed and darkness of the royal families oddly enough seemed to be able to infect the regular Antarians. Like they were becoming infected with evil. We lost the connection to the universe. With that, we started to lose the connection to each other. Only through connections made through mating could Antarians occasionally feel real empathy and - what you on Earth call - love.”

Max was feeling cheated. He had been told one thing; that his people were naturally disconnected from their feelings - except the most primal ones. Was it all a lie? Was it instead a cover-up to hide the true reason - the disconnection to the universe - that the Antarians had experienced?

”The ones that worked for the Royals - the military, for instance - were most badly afflicted. A darkness spread within them that started to change, generation by generation, not only their behavior but also their physical appearance. They started to look more and more like the Royals.”

”To save the pureness - the good - of the Antarian race, scientist came up with a backup plan. Find a planet which could sustain our race, and essentially reboot our people. Start all over. Without the Royals.”

He paused. The listeners were all frozen in silence.

”It took many years for our scientists to find Earth’s solar system. When they did, all of the planets within your solar system were thoroughly investigated for the possibility of habitation. Due to the existence of water on Earth - enabling rich life - our scientists focused mostly on Earth. Of course, your planet was already inhabited by a vast variety of living creatures. And the creature that seemed eerily a lot like Antarians - especially in intelligence, behavior and culture - were the homo sapiens. The civilizations created by human beings were very similar to our own. Therefore, they…” Dresden cleared his throat, suddenly uncomfortable, ”…’borrowed’ humans to test for similarities.”

Alien abductions, I thought, chills running down my spine.

”It was amazing how similar our internal systems were to those of human beings. Using genetic markers, we could adapt our bodies to imitate those of homo sapiens. This meant that humans could bear our children and human sperm could impregnate Antarian females.”

Dresden paused, and I followed his gaze along with the encouraging lift of his eyebrow to Maria. Who once again had raised her hand.

”Yes?”

Her eyes skipped around the circle for a second before she haltingly asked, ”How is it possible that you look so much like humans if you are from a completely different solar system?”

”We don’t look like humans,” Dresden answered.

I pressed further back into Max’s chest and his arms automatically tightened around me. Most of the time I could ignore the fact that Antarians actually didn’t look like humans at all. That they were all hiding behind a manufactured front.

I had seen what they actually looked like. I had seen it when Sergeant had died. When I had killed Sean through the protective instinct of the connection. Now, with Dresden’s information hanging in the air, I wondered if Sean and Steven Carter had looked more like Command in their true form, or more like the regular Antarian. Because I had started to understand that they were different. And considering that Sean and Steven were both raised in military, they were possibly more like Royals by the time of their death.

I saw Maria’s face pale and as if on natural instinct she immediately searched out my eyes. Her eyes were glistening with fear and her lips were shaking, moving, as if she wanted to say something else. As if she needed to communicate something to me.

”Pure Antarians look different from humans on the outside, even though our shape is humanoid. Our internal systems - lungs, gastrointestinal tract, heart, reproductive systems, urinary, and so on - are significantly similar to human beings. So much so that our scientists could develop medical agents to connect our genomes.”

Maria looked confused. Probably overwhelmed by the information and the advanced terminology. Shakily, she asked, reflecting his own choice of words, ”Are you a pure Antarian?”

”Yes,” Dresden answered, his voice even and unwavering.

”But you look human,” Maria told him. Her voice was small and unsteady. She was transforming into a frightened child.

”We have taken on a different shape,” Dresden replied. ”I think your pop culture are calling it ’shapeshifting’.”

Maria’s gulp was so loud that I was certain everyone in the room had heard it. You could almost see her skipping past all the million questions that instantly arose and reluctantly settling for, ”Are all of you…shapeshifters?”

I was afraid for her. I could feel her fear in my bones. Like it was my own. My innate reaction was to take her out of here, to calm her down.

But Dresden continued to be calm, more empathic warmth moving into his facial features. He seemed to understand that Maria needed comfort and assurance. ”In this room, it’s only Philip and I. Diane is human and so is Elizabeth’s father. You are human, as well as Elizabeth. The rest are hybrids. Successful crosses between human and Antarian races.”

I decided to bug into the conversation as well at this point. ”It was descendants of the royals that bought themselves seats on the ships, wasn’t it? They were not meant to be sent to Earth.”

Dresden nodded. ”Exactly. But we’ll get back to that.” He cleared his throat. ”First, I need to highlight something very important.”

All the fine hairs across every part of my body stood up, alerting me to his tone of voice.

”The scientists, when they first discovered Earth approximately 1200 years ago, attempted to hide away the pure essence of our race within the human population.”

1200 years?!

I swallowed.

Hiding away the pure essence?

A large tremble ran through me. Max’s arms tightened around my middle.

Max didn’t know what was to come next. He didn’t know this. He had no idea that Antarians had visited Earth as early as the 9th century.

”The Royals have no idea of this. Almost no one knows of this. This is the backup plan.”

”What the hell…?”

Michael. His statement was delivered in a cold calm manner, even though he was clearly angry. The darkness in his eyes when I looked at him told me that he was actually livid.

”The individual most connected to the Universe, to our planet, to goodness, is called a parim.”

I felt myself go limp, my body falling back against Max’s. All energy left me. Coldness crept into my cheeks, the blood left all my extremities and went to hide in the center of my body.

”So it’s true?” Max asked, his voice hoarse and raspy. ”Parims exist.”

Dresden nodded. ”But they are so rare that they have become mythical.”

”They hid parims away on Earth?” Isabel asked, glancing at Max and I.

I wondered, not for the first time, how much Isabel knew.

Dresden slowly shook his head, the movement so slow it became deliberate. ”One parim sacrificed himself to be transfused into human beings. His energy was divided up and implanted in the most suitable human beings. Basically, these humans were infused with good energy. It wouldn’t, on its own, make them into parims. More factors are involved, factors we don’t really understand or know about. But the Antarian scientists discovered that the energy from parims could only be put into female humans.”

Warning bells. Loud and clear. Females. Where had I heard this before…?

Before I could put it all together, Dresden filled in the blanks with one sentence, ”The product of the union between the energy from a parim and a female homo sapiens is something we are nowadays calling a gaea.”

I didn’t know I was shaking. Couldn’t process it. It was only Max’s worried thoughts about those shakes that made me somewhat aware of it.

I was putting it all together. Together with Max.

I was a gaea.

I was a gaea because my mother was a gaea and her mother before her. And so on.

I was a gaea because aliens implanted pure energy into the genome of my ancestors in the 9th century.

Did that mean that I was partly alien? Was that why Max and I could connect in this manner?

Was that why-

The words tumbled out of me, trembling and weakened, ”There’s a possibility that I’m a parim.” I imagined myself being able to hear Maria’s head turn to look at me - like the sharp opening of a heavy door - her eyes springing wide open. ”Is this because of that alien energy? How…Then how-?”

Dresden interrupted when I started stuttering, not knowing how to ask anymore. ”Yes, Elizabeth. You are a gaea. And you are also a parim. There is something inside of you that has enhanced the Antarian energy, making you into a pure individual.”

My heart was beating so hard against the inside of my chest that I was expecting it to break through my ribs at any point.

”Max’s grandfather was the one to put it all together. With the birth of you and Max, Asai - known as George here on Earth - realized what the Antarian scientists had been planning to create those many years ago.”

”What?” Maria, to my surprise, whispered.

”A union between two parims might be the only way to purify the race and eliminate evil. To put it more simple; to reboot the race.”

All eyes were on Max and I now, and the blood that had previously left my face was rapidly refilling my cheeks.

While trying to ignore the rest, I focused on Dresden’s face, needing him to tell me more. He did what I silently begged him to.

”We are not really sure how this will go about, technically, but the connection between the two of you is powerful. Powerful enough to withstand - and conquer - the descendants of the Royal families and the corrupted. This is where the rebels failed on Antar. The Royals could not be destroyed, only removed from the ruling power. They were too vicious, too powerful, to be eliminated. But ever since the birth of you two, and especially since you naturally connected when you were just children, we have gained some hope.”

”This is why there hasn’t been a rebellion until now,” I realized quietly.

”Precisely,” Dresden agreed.

”You have been waiting us out,” Max filled in.

”It takes many years to build a resistance powerful enough to take down those men. We needed to be sure that we had a fighting chance to survive even if you two were to perish during the battle. Or die before then.”

I tried to ignore the chill that went through me when Dresden casually mentioned our possible death.

”If we’re that important, why didn’t you rescue us sooner?” Max asked darkly, his body warm with anger against my back. ”When we were being held by Command?”

”We had men on the inside-” Dresden started calmly, but Max interrupted him.

”No.” His voice deadly. ”No. That’s not good enough. We were tortured.”

I squeezed my eyes closed at the onslaught of memories from those days in captivity. But not just my days. Max’s as well. Previously, he hadn’t let me see all of it. But now it was slipping through.

”I’m very sorry about that,” Dresden said softly, and did - indeed - sound sorry. ”We tried to get you out as discreetly as possible. You have to understand that it would be too dangerous to break in and get you out. It would be risking your lives. And we knew that they would not kill you. You are too valuable to them. We had to wait out the right opportunity. Which Command gave us when he moved you together.”

Max wanted to protest, but I cut him off, needing Dresden to tell me, ”How much does Command know about us? What are we to him?”

I felt Max’s chest press up against my back as his withheld breath kept his chest expanded, while awaiting the reply to that question.

”What I’ve told you just now - about parims and the infusing of energy into the human genome, about the plan to remove the darkness out of the race and bring back our connection to the universe and what is good - it’s all top secret. No one knows about this. Only a handful. As far as we know, Command and his allegiance don’t know any of this. Command is interested in you because of your connection. Because you can communicate with your minds. Because Elizabeth - a human - can borrow Max’s abilities through the connection. Command understands that you two are important to the Rebellion and thus he wants you to himself. But he wouldn’t destroy you. It goes against his nature.”

I frowned. Destroying us seemed to go completely with Command’s nature.

”His nature is to steal. He’s blinded by power, just like his ancestors. He wants more and more. He’s been trying to get the healing ability his whole life, but has never been able to. With Elizabeth using Max’s abilities through the connection, Command had a theory that even Max’s healing trait could be shared. Which meant that he would have to get into that connection. Connect with Max. This is why - after all attempts at breaking your connection in captivity - he decided to put you together.”

When Dresden paused, I whispered, ”Why?”

Dresden met my worried eyes, his voice softening along with the fine crinkles around his eyes. It made him look nice, like someone you could really trust and confide in. ”His plan was to hurt Max, with his father on stand-by to heal Max if things didn’t work out. You, Elizabeth, would not be aware of there being a stand-by. You would only be desperate to help Max. So desperate that you might - through your connection - heal him.”

My throat was dry. Command’s plan to hurt Max had hot anger boil up my throat. Just like Dresden insinuated, Command was darkness. All darkness.

”You actually proved him right,” Dresden pointed out. ”You healed Max. Although it was not in that room, but in the tunnels earlier.”

”Command’s plan has always been to get more power, get more abilities,” Max observed in a mumble.

Dresden nodded seriously. ”Which is why Antarians like him need to be stopped. If they continue to grow in number, they could become dangerous - not only to Antarians - but to the human population. They wouldn’t hesitate to transform the human population into mindless slaves, just to gain as much power and abilities as possible. They would suck every human being dry. It would be the end of the homo sapiens as a sentient, intelligent race with a free will.”

Anger was pumping into my veins, filling me up. I could feel the connection answering in my mind, could feel it propelling the energy back and forth between Max and I.

My hands tightened around the back of Max’s hands resting against the lower part of my abdomen and in unison - in an eerie monotone voice - we said, ”We need to kill that bastard. Now.”

TBC...

--------------------------

A/N: Now, at the 100 chapters mark, I want to thank you all so much for reading. It has been so much fun to return to this site and experience Roswell with you all over again. Thank you for all your feedback; it's just wonderful! Ever little word. <3 <3

*hugs*

- Jo
Last edited by max and liz believer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 100 9/5/16 p. 85

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Yay! If I weren't in bed I'd do a happy dance for the 100th chapter. Instead I'll just go read it. :)

Thank you for posting! :D
Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

Okay. I'm now all caught up and have had time to digest most of what happened in the last couple of chapters, and I'm kind of glad I didn't leave feedback last week.
I say that because all I could think was that I didn't trust Dresden as far as I could throw him. But I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I can see now that he deserved it. At least, I feel less animosity towards him right now.

Also, I am glad to see Liz putting on her big girl panties and dealing with things instead of playing the victim. We all know she suffered, and it was horrible, but it was high time to get this show on the road. She couldn't keep hiding away from reality and expect everything to solve itself.
Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

Oh! And I'm getting totally spooked by the title now. I know that unbreakable is supposed to reflect their connection, but what is this beautiful lie referring to?

There has been plenty of lying going around here, and most of it of the very ugly kind, and I'm a little fearful that some big part of this reality we're being presented will soon crumble down like a house of cards.

Is the rebellion objectives a beautiful lie? Are they fighting for a false utopia? Is Max and Liz's connection a beautiful lie? Is this entire reality a lie that has been planted in their heads while they're being grown and harvested The Matrix style? Okay, so that last one was here merely for emphasis (it's not really a theory of mine), but you get the drift. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Where/what is the lie??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

thank you for your brilliant writing :D