Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 57, 1/17/16, p. 51

Post by Natalie36 »

omg this is getting scary :shock:
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Hmm...

Look what I just happened to come up with! Feedback! *laughs* Something you've never seen before, I'm sure. :wink:

I think you've got the whole "readers on the edge of their seats" thing down to an art. I was hoping that Philip would have some kind of suggestion on the best way to present Max & Liz's case. He would know best how the council thinks and the things to not say. Obviously he's helping with that part but, I agree with Liz, if he hasn't been able to come up with something after years of consideration how are Max and Liz supposed to after less than twenty-four hours of sealing their bond?

The visible part of the bond make complete sense to me. Hopefully it will help them with the council. If not then I hope it's strong enough to keep them safe until they can figure something out. But the thing I'm not sure about is why Isabel can see it better than Philip. Max sees colors and Isabel can obviously see them to some extent. But Philip only catches glimpses. Given that Isabel's power is based on energy and Max's is as well (technically all the aliens I imagine) it would make sense that Philip would see it as easily as his children. Is it because Isabel and Max are twins? Maybe their bond is somehow stronger than that of Philip to his children. Wondering how that affects (or doesn't) what other aliens will be able to see. I imagine the Commander will be able to see it pretty easily given how powerful he is. And really if they need to convince anyone it's him because ultimately he holds the most power. (Or so it appears thus far.)

I'm interested in what happens if things do go in their favor tonight. I wonder exactly how that would affect any (potential) rebellion. Even if the Commander does agree to let them keep the bond that seems like it would cause another kind of uprising (at least as far as Sean and his father go). Max and Liz really are fighting an uphill battle.

As much as Philip's demeanor may annoy her he's right to treat Liz in such a way. I doubt that he's as backwards thinking as she said he is but right now he has a role to play and stopping to make her feel better along the way doesn't help her or Max in the long run. Besides, I imagine that he'll have to be even more "alien" at the meeting and so it's important that she see a bit of a "transition" period now. And playing devil's advocate and punching holes in all their arguments now means they'll be better prepared during the actual meeting.

I'm hoping that Max managed to get some sleep. Not sure how much he actually allowed himself to get but given how tired they are they definitely need it for energy if nothing else in case things go bad at the meeting. Still he was basically out of the bed before Liz even managed to open her eyes. So I'm not sure as to if he got any good rest. At least Liz is getting some.

All of the parts between the two of them were so adorable. It's nice that even in the middle of everything they're going through they can still smile and be gentle and teasing with each other. And I love how Max keeps helping Liz to overcome all of her shyness. (And yay for Isabel getting clothes for Liz! Mezz and I send her thanks. ;) )

I loved how they're becoming more comfortable with each other and how it almost seems like they've been dating for years instead of not at all. But in some ways they've always been aware of each other - even if it was just to avoid. :wink: Part of it is the fact that they have no idea what's coming. I think it's making them live more "in the moment" and doing and saying all the things they feel that may not get a chance to again. (Helping each other - or at least Liz - get dressed, teasing each other and forgiving each other so easily.)

Locking the door with energy to create a signature. Now that would be handy! Especially around Christmas time! *laughs* (Which they're only a couple of weeks out from.) But it definitely comes in handy in different cases I'm sure. I imagine it would come in handy when Max and Liz go to her house as well. Obviously aliens can just "open" regular locks so that will add some extra protection. (Well, once Liz learns to tap into Max's powers that is.) Of course anyone who really wanted in could just blast the door open but at that point I don't think a lock would have stopped them anyways.

So we haven't seen a lot of Isabel since this morning. Obviously she's been helping with Sean (and I have a theory there too :lol: ). But at some point she had to grab stuff from the store for Liz and Max has obviously seen her. So I'm wondering if she and Diane will make an appearance soon for dinner. It's very likely to be an emotional time given no one knows the outcome of the evening. Let's hope that there aren't any more breakdowns. :(

Maybe just rainbows and chocolates from here on out? Or even rainbows and unicorns? :D
Last edited by Morning Dreamgirl on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

I really have a bad feeling about this meeting. I just know something bad is going to happen.

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Great part... wondering what will happen after Liz's feelings, she could be right! Because these aliens are more old-style men than
modern... Thanks EVE
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

FIFTY-EIGHT

Post by max and liz believer »

I have to say; I'm kinda impressed with how you manage to keep up with this posting schedule :shock: :mrgreen: Thank you so much for reading and leaving feedback!

L-J-L 76 - Max probably shares the bad feeling that Liz has about this meeting... :? Thank you for the feedback!

Natalie - Yup :shock: Thank you :D

Ashley (Morning Dreamgirl)
I was hoping that Philip would have some kind of suggestion on the best way to present Max & Liz's case. He would know best how the council thinks and the things to not say.
Yeah, Philip doesn’t really have any good solutions to help with the Max and Liz case. Maybe because he knows that they don’t really have a good case against those old alien laws. That not even *he* can come up with any arguments that will hold. Or maybe - thinking along Liz and Max’s theorizing about a rebellion - he has, he just can’t reveal them. Especially not at a meeting with the men that they are supposedly rebelling against.
The visible part of the bond make complete sense to me. Hopefully it will help them with the council.

Let’s hope that the (visible) bond can somehow protect Max and Liz. However - not to forget - the glow of the bond doesn’t necessarily translate to the strength of the bond. Or…? Isabel is very in tune with reading such things. She can see the bond more clearly than, for instance, Philip can. Maybe it’s because she is closer to Max by blood than even their father, or maybe it’s because her power is to borrow energies from several different people(aliens). Seeing ”colors” is not the same as seeing the bond, by the way. This will be explained in other parts of the story.
As much as Philip's demeanor may annoy her he's right to treat Liz in such a way. I doubt that he's as backwards thinking as she said he is but right now he has a role to play and stopping to make her feel better along the way doesn't help her or Max in the long run. Besides, I imagine that he'll have to be even more "alien" at the meeting and so it's important that she see a bit of a "transition" period now. And playing devil's advocate and punching holes in all their arguments now means they'll be better prepared during the actual meeting.
You’re right about Philip’s frankness/bluntness when talking to Liz. He’s basically just stating facts. And considering that he’s an alien, he’s not really sugarcoating. He’s just reiterating how things are - women are not as powerful as men, both literally and politically. He shouldn’t lie just to protect Liz’s feelings. Max is (unfortunately) doing enough of that. Or let’s call it; lie by omission. But we are quickly realizing that Liz is doing better with information than without. She is shocked at first (who wouldn’t be?), but then she grows with the task. She’s not ready to give up or collapse. She will fight.
I loved how they're becoming more comfortable with each other and how it almost seems like they've been dating for years instead of not at all. But in some ways they've always been aware of each other - even if it was just to avoid.
Max and Liz do after all share both emotions and (sometimes) thoughts, which makes for a speedy development of a relationship. A lot of misunderstandings that can be at the beginning of a relationship - before you get to know each other well - are sidestepped because your emotions and thoughts expose what you really feel/think. And the honesty of the bond naturally brings them very close. Max does, however, have something of an unfair advantage, since he can block (to different degrees) the connection to Liz, while Liz can’t do the same to him. So he can (theoretically) freely read her mind while he can keep her in the dark about things that he doesn’t want her to know…

But you’re also right that they are trying to live in the moment - cherish every second. Another reason why they are seriously sleep deprived right now. Who has time to sleep when they’re so much to learn about each other in very little time?

Thank you SO much for the feedback :D

Helen (Roswelllostcause) - I think we all have a bad feeling about this meeting... :( Thank you for the feedback!

Eve (begonia9508) - Eve! Hi! :D Yes, anything can happen at that meeting I guess :? Thank you for the feedback!

From FIFTY-SEVEN:

I wanted to cry. I really really needed to cry. My chest was aching and the rest of my body felt numb.

"Just remember," Mr. Evans said evenly, but with a touch of sympathy in his voice, "Even if things don't go the way we want them to at the meeting, I'll be there for you, okay?"

I pressed my nose into Max's shoulder and took a deep inhalation of the smell from his sweater. Laundry detergent and Max.

What did that mean?

"It means that he might not be able to take any action in front of the members to help us out, but that he'll work around the politics any way he can," Max replied softly, pressing his lips to the top of my head and tightening his arm around my shoulders.

"Yes," Mr. Evans confirmed. "In order to help you, I will have to give the impression that I'm still on their side." There was a two seconds pause before he added, with a disturbing grimness, "No matter what happens."

No matter what happens.

I curled further up against Max's side and squeezed my eyes tightly closed.

I had a bad feeling about all of this. A really bad feeling.

Diane interrupted our 'meeting' by stepping around the corner and asking, "Do you have time for dinner?"

I glanced at Diane's open face, before looking at Mr. Evans who was giving his wife a gentle smile. "Of course. I bet the youngsters are hungry."

He smiled at us and I found myself blushing, afraid that Max's father knew what activities Max and I might have engaged in that were efficient at working up an appetite.

I felt Max's amusement at my mortification, but the seriousness of the situation we found ourselves in kept him from laughing, instead pressing a kiss to my temple and whispering, "Let's eat."

"Great," Diane said, sounding relieved.

Max pulled me to my feet and I became aware of the rich smells of a home cooked meal. How had I missed those fragrances before? I must have been really focused on the conversation.

But while my stomach rumbled for sustenance, the smells overwhelmed my frightened and nervous senses, making me nauseous at the thought of eating.

"You need to eat," Max said, an irritated bite to his voice as my stomach threatened to turn over at this soft order.

He pulled a chair out for me at the decked table and practically pushed me into the seat.

"I'm not feeling too good," I mumbled back, swallowing back the nausea.

"You need your strength," Max replied, his tone of voice leaving no room for objections.

"I'll grab something to eat in the car on the way to the meeting," I tried and my stomach made a worrisome twist as Diane placed a large roasted chicken in the middle of the table.

My body was craving food whilst my mind was abhorring it.

"You'll feel better once you start eating," Max said, already reaching for the chicken even though no one except us had taken a seat.

He grabbed my plate and placed it next to the chicken before carving off piece after piece for me and placing them on my plate.

Diane reentered the dining area at that point, frowning at her son, and scolded, "Max, I'm sure Liz can get her own food."

I understood from the disapproving look she was giving the amount of chicken Max was putting on my plate that she wasn't just talking about my capability of serving myself, but rather that it looked like Max was trying to feed a whole school class of kids rather than one 16-year-old girl.

Max raised an eyebrow at me, the large serving fork frozen in his hand, and asked succinctly, "Is it too much?" Daring me to object.

I sighed loudly, tainted by the annoyance in his system, and tensed my mouth in an expression worthy of a sulking teenager. "At that rate, there won't be any chicken left for your family. Why even bother to cut it up? You could've just put the whole chicken on my plate instead."

Isabel breezed into the room, looking stellar as usual. "I didn't know you were a feeder, brother."

I watched the blush spread over Max's cheeks and I couldn't stop my quiet laugh.

It didn't help that Diane looked utterly confused, her gaze jumping between her children and her husband, while Mr. Evans just looked bored. Combined with my sleep deprivation, the family scene became very comical.

I bit my lower lip hard to stop my laughter from exploding and managed to send Isabel a grateful look as she gracefully floated into the chair next to me. But not before she had grabbed the fork out of Max's hand and shuffled a large part of my portion over onto her plate.

"She needs to eat," Max grumbled, though that was a generally accepted fact, and sank down next to me.

"But maybe not just chicken," Isabel suggested, rolling her beautifully dolled-up eyes at Max and emphasized her statement by reaching for the green beans. Her face softened with politeness as she asked me, "Beans?"

I swallowed. Not really. But in light of her kindness, I couldn't very well refuse. "Sure. Thanks."

Max was eyeing everything I was putting on my plate. Or rather, everything I was skipping putting on my plate.

But he refrained from saying anything and even made an effort to hide his thoughts on the matter - even though he had made his opinions perfectly clear earlier - as Max's family kept up a light, ordinary conversation about Isabel's day at school, Mr. Evans' run in with a peculiar patient at today's work at the hospital, and Diane's day at her work. Apparently, she was a preschool teacher.

Max even kept his opinions to himself while I continued to mostly move the food around on my plate, my thoughts miles away. Nervousness was rearing its ugly head again. I was trying to make lists in my head, foresee what would happen at the meeting in order to prepare myself, and attempted to get myself to think happy thoughts.

But it was difficult. Even with the occasional light laughter from Isabel next to me and the warm motherly looks Diane was throwing in my direction, my internal world was black. Black as the darkest well of hopelessness.

I absent-mindedly reached for my glass of water and took a sip, my scattered mind noting that Max was barely touching his own food. I was getting too worked up, too antsy, to even take the opportunity to point out to him that if food was so important, then why wasn't he eating.

Instead I let my eyes rest on the tightness of his fist resting against the white table linen cloth and tried to still the trembles of my hand so that I could succeed in holding the glass without spilling water all over myself.

He had been tuned in to my thoughts ever since our connection had re-opened (and deepened) in Hondo, but I wasn't sure how much of my thinking he was following.

Some thoughts rang more true than others, cut through the unstructured majority of the mental processes, and shot straight across the connection.

Like, I don't think we should go.

He glanced at me at the private thought, slowly put his fork down, and reached out to gently squeeze the lower part of my thigh.

His response was hushed, like he was talking to me out loud and he was afraid that the other members around the table would hear. We're running out of time. We won't be able to hold Sean back much longer. Isabel's been able to distract him so far...

I looked over at Isabel. Isabel who looked as if nothing was wrong. Isabel who looked rested and elegant while she was calmly piercing green beans with her fork. Isabel who - thank God - looked completely unharmed.

Mr. Evans had earlier hinted at Isabel 'not being able to hold Sean off any longer', something that had sneaked guilt into me. The guilt about Isabel having been forced to do something just to protect me. Protect her brother.

What did she do? I thought and Max loosened his grip on my thigh only to gently brush up the length of my upper leg - momentarily distracting my dark thoughts - before removing his hand completely.

Isabel can take care of herself, Max assured me with clear certainty.

My eyes were still trained on Isabel, which distracted her from her involvement in a conversation about the latest Jimmy Choo shoes with her mother. She must have felt me staring, as she turned to look at me and met my fearfully concerned look. Narrowing her eyes at my expression, she shot a look past me at her brother, before looking back at me. "Everything okay?"

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" I asked, my voice strained around the lump in my throat.

Concern flashed in her eyes. "Who?"

A hush had lowered itself over the table and I glanced at Diane, wondering how much I could say out loud, not wanting to upset her.

"Sean didn't hurt you, right?" Max clarified behind me in a tense voice.

Isabel looked away for the fraction of a second, making me miss something in her eyes, before she looked back at me with her face blooming into a warm smile. "You should be worried about Sean getting hurt, not me."

"What are you talking about, Izzie?" Diane asked.

Isabel briefly looked at her brother in a moment of silent communication, before she turned around towards her mother. "Nothing, Mom."

"Isn't Sean the boy that..." Diane's voice trailed off as she glanced, almost guiltily, in my direction.

Mr. Evans reached out and put his hand over his wife's and squeezed it. "The boy that Liz is supposed to bond with, yes."

Diane's fear was anticipated by not only Mr. Evans as her eyes widened. Her fear was now not only for Max but also for her daughter. "What were you doing with that boy?"

No one seemed to want to answer. With guilt throbbing through my body, I squared my shoulders and said, "She was protecting me."

Isabel shot me a half-smile. "It's okay, Liz," before turning to her mother. "He was looking for Liz today, since she wasn't at school." She shrugged, indicating that the whole thing was no big deal. "I just gave him something else to think about."

I felt my heart sink into my stomach. "You...?"

Isabel looked at me, read the horrified look on my face, and surprised me by laughing before scrunching her face up in disgust. "Ew, no. I wouldn't touch that guy even with fifty iron gloves on."

"Trust her, Di," Mr. Evans said calmly, lifting the glass of water to his mouth.

I was relieved by the fact that Mr. Evans wasn't drinking any alcohol. He wouldn't only be driving us to the meeting tonight, he would need to be as level-headed as possible to support us in our case.

Diane didn't look too convinced, her eyes searching her daughter's perfect face. Apparently, Isabel's unharmed and unbothered appearance forced her to calm down.

Sean has always had a thing for Isabel, Max spoke into my mind.

"All I did was talk to him," Isabel continued. "Sitting next to him in class, making sure that he stayed on school grounds during the breaks."

Max's telepathic conversation with me sent my skin into cold prickles as he continued, His goal in life is most likely to control you, while having Isabel on the side.

Maybe I should be relieved to hear that Sean wasn't 100% obsessed with me, but I wasn't. The idea that Sean wanted to ruin my life while not even caring enough to want to be with only me, made it worse. The feelings were unsettling and confusing. Of course I didn't want Sean to be interested in me, but at least then I would have felt wanted and desirable. Instead, Sean wanted to sleep with me only to use me and the rest of the time be with Isabel. It was like he would be 'wasting' my life - not even to stay faithful.

The notion made me into Sean's concubine. His sex slave.

I jumped in surprise as Max cradled my chin in his hand and pulled my eyes away from the rest of the table - from the conversation I was no longer paying any attention to - and lined my eyes up with his.

The blaze of desire in his darkened eyes was so strong that I had to grab onto the edge of the table to restrain the shake though my body that it elicited.

Don't, he commanded.

He leaned in and gently brushed his lips over mine, the kiss uncharacteristically innocent in light of the churning desire piercing through every emotion he was feeling.

We were not alone.

That realization only made my heart beat even faster at Max's poorly hidden intention of what he would do to me otherwise. Of all the ways he would prove to me that I was desirable. That I was not second best. That I wasn't the type of person that someone would only settle for.

The lights flickered over our heads, making us slowly pull apart and meet the contemplative expression in Mr. Evans eyes, the silent observation in Diane's and the excitement in Isabel's.

Isabel's whisper was thrilled. "Dad, do you see it?"

"They're even messing with the electricity," Mr. Evans grumbled, "I wouldn't be surprised if even your mother could see it."

"See what?" Diane asked.

She was narrowing her eyes at Max and I, inclining her head to the side as if the changed angle might reveal something that everyone else seemed to be seeing.

Well, everyone except for Max and I.

Max slowly pulled his hands away from my face and sat back, looking both embarrassed and worried. "We're glowing, aren't we?"

A barely contained smile of pure excitement played on Isabel's lips, "Maybe you shouldn't kiss her."

Don't give him any ideas, I thought, glancing at Max who couldn't help but give me a faint smile.

"Not an option," Max said, without neither hesitation nor insecurity in his voice, his eyes fixed warmly on my face.

The flush was immediate and I ducked my head to avoid the stares of Max's family. Why did our relationship have to be so public? So visible? So obvious?

"Is that usual?" Diane asked. "The glow?"

"Can you see it, Mom?" Isabel asked curiously.

A soft secretive smile spread across her mouth. "I can see a glow, but I'm pretty sure it's not the same one you're talking about."

I caught Isabel's eye-roll out of the corner of my eye.

"My mom: The Last Romantic," Isabel mumbled lovingly.

Diane ignored her daughter's quip and looked at me. "You make him really happy, Liz. I've never seen him this happy before."

I turned my head towards Max. He was looking at his mother, love in his eyes, and I was trying to see what she meant. What she saw.

Because it felt like Max and I had only been through misery since we'd been together. Heartbreak and pain. Max having to constantly worry about me, me constantly worrying about him. Me being scared and Max getting beaten up.

He turned those beautiful amber eyes on me, reached out to gently cradle my cheek in his hand, slowly brushed the pad of his thumb across my skin, and managed to ignite that heat in me again with his directed thoughts of, To me it's gratitude at finally having you trust me. Gratitude at being able to remove your injuries. The feeling of finally being able to kiss you. To have you reciprocate my touch. To feel your skin, to kiss every part of you, to have you close. To watch you fall apart in my arms, watch the pleasure on your face, see the love in your eyes. To be a part of you. To be inside your mind. To share something with you that maybe no one else has ever shared with someone. A connection so deep, it makes us as one.

"You're gonna blow the lights," Isabel warned in the background as hotness coiled sharply in the center of my body and my breath froze at the top of my lungs.

"Are they talking to each other?" Diane whispered in wonderment.

I love you, Max said, slowly brushing the hair away from my face, tucking a strand behind my ear.

'Til death do us part, I reciprocated, bringing us back to our earlier moments of deep intimacy.

'Til death do us part, he sealed.

"Yes," Mr. Evans answered his wife. "It seems that way."

"That's not common, is it?" Diane asked, but I wasn't really focusing on their discussion.

I was distracted by the love Max was wrapping me up in, by our joined memories of the sexual part to our bonding, by the overwhelming feelings swirling around us both, immersing us in not just a physical need but a mental.

"Guys..." Isabel warned again as not only the light above the dining table flickered, but even the ones out in the kitchen and in the hallway.

I was vaguely aware of Isabel's annoyed loud sigh before she added, "You just killed my phone."

"It's why we need to fight for them to stay connected," Mr. Evans said. "It's why it's so important that they come to the meeting tonight. We have to make the council understand that this bond is special and shouldn't be tampered with."

Max pressed a kiss between my eyebrows and we both jumped as the light bulb exploded, the light disappearing over the table as shards of bulb rained down over the lovingly prepared meal.

As if awoken from some dream, Max and I stared at each other, our breathing equally harsh in our ears, the lights in the hallway still flickering, creating jumping shadows along the walls of the dining room.

Mr. Evans clapped his hands together, startling me to look in his direction. "Okay. Whatever you two are thinking about; Stop. Isabel, fetch a new bulb-"

"Why should I be the one to-?" Isabel whined, but stopped her complaint at the pointed look in Mr. Evans' eyes, and finished with the grumbled, "Fine," before leaving the table.

"Sorry," I mumbled to Max's parents, automatically seeking out Max's knee with my hand, folding my palm around his kneecap to draw from the warmth of his body through the denim material.

"You think they're going to let them stay bonded?" Diane asked, unmistakable hope lacing her voice.

"Just look at what they managed to do without even intending to. Just by concentrating on each other and letting themselves connect more deeply."

I had never felt so embarrassed in my whole life as I dropped my head, unable to look at the parental unit. Max's father might as well have been talking about Max and I having sex. That's how intimate our act - which had resulted in exploding light bulbs - had been, how personal and private.

And we had done it in front of Max's parents!

Max chuckled, laced his fingers with mine on top of his knee. The physical bond was slightly rustled as Isabel lightly shoved Max in the back while passing him with a new light bulb.

"No touching," she ordered and gave us both a pointed look.

I realized then that Isabel was excellent at diffusing tension, at knowing what to say to make people more comfortable. Maybe it was a result of her having grown up in a family with two dominating males, where she probably had to meddle on more than one occasion. Or maybe it was the result of her special ability to borrow powers. Maybe she had at some point borrowed an ability like that of Alex's - momentarily becoming an empath - and the consequences of that ability had lingered.

Or maybe she was just a natural at it.

She made me laugh though and, at her suggestion, I pushed Max's hand away. No touching was probably a good idea at the moment. If we didn't want to set the house on fire.

Max narrowed his eyes at me at my rejection, but the amusement at his sister's behavior was strong in his mind even though it was only barely hinted at in the twitching of his mouth.

Isabel pulled a chair out and climbed on top of it to be able to reach the lamp. "If you did irreparable damage to my phone, you owe me a new one, brother."

"Me?" Max inquired innocently. "What about Liz? It takes two to tango."

I shoved my elbow lightly into his side. "Hey!"

Isabel unscrewed the broken light bulb, not looking at Max. "Come on, Max. I might not be able to read minds, but we both know who was the instigator of all of this." She put the new bulb into the socket and started screwing it in place. "Only a guy's thoughts are dirty enough to make bulbs explode."

I squeezed my lips tightly together and averted my eyes. Heat was blazing up my cheeks. Because I knew that I wasn't all that innocent in this.

You're just gonna let me take the fall, aren't you? Max asked through the connection and I laughed quietly under my breath.

"Yep," I replied softly. No way I was going to correct Isabel about her assumptions in front of Max's parents.

Light flooded the table once again and Isabel climbed off the chair.

Diane was looking at her once beautifully decorated table with resignation. "I guess dinner's over."

There were shards everywhere.

I looked at the unfinished plate in front of me and couldn't claim to be sad about not being able to finish.

Before Max could react to this, Mr. Evans announced, "It's 6.40. We need to get going," and my heart dislodged in my chest and crashed to my feet with alarming speed.

Max gently called for my attention by brushing his knuckles slowly down the side of my face. I closed my eyes at the touch, trying to melt it firmly into my memory.

Diane's question made me open my eyes in trepidation. "Are you going as well, Iz?"

Max's hand fluttered down my shoulder, down along my arm, and threaded our fingers together, as I looked over at Isabel, waiting for her answer.

"Yes. Max needs all the support he can get."

"But you are not to express that support," Mr. Evans warned darkly. "It's too dangerous."

"Should she really come?" Max asked and I understood why he had been so quick at taking my hand. He was worried, hadn't known that Isabel would be coming along. He didn't want to have to worry about his sister too. Didn't want to put her in any danger because of him.

"She'll just be observing," Mr. Evans answered and looked sharply at his daughter. "Won't you, Isabel?"

I could tell that she wanted to roll her eyes, but considering the seriousness of the situation, she resigned to a nod. "Yes. Of course, Dad."

"Lend Liz one of your sweaters, Isabel," Diane said, rising slowly from the table. My surprised eyes noticed her paleness, the fragility of her body as she moved her eyes between her son and his bonded: me.

Diane smiled warmly at my confusion and added as means of clarification, "You look cold, sweetheart."

Isabel glanced at me. "I'll be right back."

My love for Diane increased exponentially and it wasn't until I felt it swaying me on the spot that I realized that it wasn't my love. It was Max's. His voice was grateful, but hiding the deep feelings rocking our connection well, as he mumbled, "Thank you, Mom."

"You take your warm jacket, Max," Diane instructed in response and I caught Max's eye roll interrupt the loving look he was giving his mother.

He snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me up against his side. "I'm never cold, Mom."

She inhaled a shaky breath and her expression turned into one of admonishment and concern as her order left no room for objections, "Just do as I say."

Max softened. "Sure."

Mr. Evans leaned in and pecked his wife on the cheek. "We'll be back before midnight."

Her voice shook with her nervous reply, "Okay."

Isabel hurried down the stairs, handing me a soft light grey sweatshirt, before moving to grab her own jacket.

"Thanks," I mumbled. Max released his hold on me so that I could pull the sweater over my head.

I brushed my hair back from my face, having been messed up by the sweater, and opened my eyes to find Diane in front of us.

She was crying. Silent large tears rolling slowly down her cheeks.

I swallowed slowly.

She stepped up to Max and pulled him tightly into her arms. "I've loved you since the second I found out I was pregnant with you."

"Mom..." Max whispered brokenly, flickering a worried thought in my direction. Probably afraid that this would cause me to break down again.

But it didn't feel the same this time. Instead of fighting the emotional connection between Max and his mother, I let it wash over me. Let it fill the empty holes in my soul, where I was missing my own mother.

"Please come back to me," Diane hitched on a restrained sob.

Max pulled out of her arms, brushed his thumbs over his mother's wet cheeks and leaned in to place a soft kiss on her cheek. "I promise."

My heart clenched at his promise, knowing that there was no way he could make that promise.

Diane pulled Max into another hug, before she seemed to have to force herself to regain control over her emotions, took a step back, wiped her cheeks from the majority of tears and reached out to pull me into her arms.

I struggled to remain standing, to not collapse into my own tears of fear, as she hugged me close. "You too, Liz. You need to come back."

I nodded quietly against her warm cheek, but my voice couldn't hold up enough to give her a verbal reply.

"Take care of my son," Diane requested and pulled back, leaning forward to press a kiss to my cheek.

I swallowed the tears back and nodded.

Isabel stepped in between and gave her mother a tight hug. But her voice was light, once again easing the tension. "Don't wait up."

Diane gave her a guilty smile as Isabel pulled back. Isabel smiled at her mother and added, "Love you."

"Love you too, baby girl," Diane replied. "Be careful."

Isabel's face bloomed in confidence. "I always am."

"Okay," Mr. Evans interrupted, authority and calmness in his voice. "It's time to go."

Max moved his arm down the inside of mine, tightly aligning our arms together before he interlaced our fingers. He pulled me up into his side and, walking closely together, we walked through the house towards the front door.

As we exited the house, I made the mistake of looking back. Max's mother was standing in the open doorway, the contours of her body silhouetted against the warm light of the inside of the house, and her whole body was shaking. Shaking so terribly that I could see it even from several feet away. Shaking from the tears of a last goodbye.

I ripped my eyes forward and felt the cold spread through my whole body.

TBC...
Last edited by max and liz believer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 58, 1/18/16, p. 52

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Diane is such a loving mom! Hopefully this meeting will go the way we want.

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

wow, can't wait
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. Wow Max and Liz's bond is very special. Love the way Diane is with her kids. And still love the way Max and Liz are with each other. Wonder what will happen at the meeting? Will Max and Liz be able to stay together?

L-J-L 76
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

*laughs* Even if Philip wasn't thinking about any particular activities Max and Liz had participated in I'm sure Liz's face gave everything away. It's amazing how well you write these characters. On one hand Liz doesn't take bull from anyone and on the other she easily blushes like the young woman she is. And it just feels right. A lot of time it feels awkward when someone tries to write characters like that but you've done brilliantly with her.

Poor Max. If he had his way Liz would be back to her original weight (and then some probably) by the end of the upcoming weekend! As someone who's supposed to be a doctor one day though you'd think he'd realize that her eating a lot of food after not eating for awhile isn't the best way of her actually keeping food down. But that's why you don't treat the ones you love I suppose. :wink: And I'm pretty sure he'd be trying to load her plate down even if she hadn't lost weight recently. :roll: :wink:

Ugh! And just when I thought Sean couldn't get any more vile he does! Poor Isabel! I can't imagine having someone like that interested in you. I'm sure she's used to all sorts of people wanting her but Sean's just a particular kind of yuck. *shudders*

So how is Isabel able to take care of herself? I don't think she's a helpless damsel but she would basically be going against a full blood if it came down to it and, she being a covenant, if she doesn't have any extra "powers" she might not be able to defend herself as well. Then again maybe it's given her more time to work on and perfect her energy blasts, etc. compared to Sean. Especially if she's used to dealing with energy anyways because of other alien's powers.

The open connection scene between Max and Liz at the dining table was definitely a favorite. :mrgreen:

I love how Max demonstrated (even if only mentally) how much Liz is desired and wanted. On top of everything else she didn't need her self-confidence to take a hit too. And then for him to tell her everything from his perspective helps her to realize that for him it's all been worth it. And that's something she definitely needs to know before they go into the meeting.

I'm pretty sure that the only way these two aren't married by now is in the traditional way. All they're basically missing is someone signing a piece of paper for them showing that it's all legal in the eyes of the law. :wink: Hmmm... So how do aliens get married? They obviously abide by the human ways but on their home planet how did it work? I'm wondering because if most bonds can be broken by sleeping with someone else it seems like there would be a more legally binding way of tying two people together. I'm interested in whether that practice (whatever it may be) came with them to earth (it would make sense if it did) and whether it would be something M/L could do if they get a reprieve from the council in order to keep the two of them "safer" legally. At least in regard to alien law.

What's interesting to me is how the council would even manage to separate the two of them. They seem so powerful without even trying that I can't imagine they would just allow one or both of themselves to be killed. I mean it might not exactly be the smoothest meeting (to put it mildly) but at this point the council looks as though it doesn't have any options. To condemn Liz means Max would basically attack any of them and to condemn Max means Liz becomes vulnerable - again not something he'd be willing to allow to happen.

I can see something like Sean getting pissed and just reacting in a surprise attack but at that point I don't imagine the council would stand for his actions either. To disrespect them in such a manner and to be so emotional wouldn't bode well for him. Either way I think he's going to have difficulty controlling his reactions when he realizes what Max and Liz (and Isabel) have done. I honestly think Max is going to be able to control himself better than Sean is. He might want to punch him (to out it mildly) after seeing what Sean tried to do to Liz but he still has more control over himself than Sean does.

Lastly, if Max and Liz are able to cause such a reaction without trying and without tapping into any specific ability just how strong could they become? The bond seems to still be developing. We still don't know why or how they can hear and talk to each other now without touching (though obviously it's due the bond) and we're still waiting to see what else develops. But if it's getting stronger and if they'll basically be invincible and able to "take on the world" wouldn't that create a potential threat for some of the aliens? Especially if they know Liz isn't exactly submissive.

At some point they're going to have to sit down with Philip and tell him all (or almost all) they can do. As a doctor I'm sure he'd be interested but also medically speaking it's good to have someone's opinion on what may be happening and how it could affect them. (Obviously it's just an opinion since he's never seen a bond that strong but still.)

So... Ahem. :D
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh my! I am so afraid of what will happen! Is it possible that Diane also has power and maybe feels that something bad will happen?

At that point in times, I don't know what to think and what the aliens will decide... will they accept Max and Liz's together or force her to bond with Sean... without knowing what Liz will do, in such a really extrem situation and what her powers are.... could be interesting, as she never showed any sign of powers - apart the bond with Max - but in danger, we don't know what she could or will do...

So I am looking for more and thanks - misses this story! EVE
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!