Re: Endless (AU with Aliens) 8-29-2016 Chapter 6 (part 1)

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Endless (AU with Aliens) 6-4-16 Chapter 3

Post by max and liz believer »

I'm experiencing the same problems with updating my own story, so I completely understand where you're coming from. No stress! Come back when you can :D

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Twilighteyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Twilighteyes »

Can't wait!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Dig my grave,
Dig it deep.
Marble stone,
From head to feet.
And on that stone,
Place a dove.
To show the world,
I died for love.
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

I stumbled on this pretty fic. It intrigued me, to say the least. i'm very curious how we will meet everyone else in this story. Because 'normal' isn't the way to describe the story and the world in it.
Take a look at Eva's world
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Looking forward to the next part!
flyawayraven
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by flyawayraven »

There were so many people who posted feedback for Chapter 3, and I would love to do what I usually do and thank everyone individually, but I am short on time. You know who you are, and I can't thank you enough for not just your patients, but for your wonderful inspiring comments~ Keep it up, I use them as FUEL!!

Chapter 4

I tried to process the smells assaulting my senses, the sounds. I had never known that the tree’s whispered back and forth in the gentle breeze; or how that same breeze felt brushing across my skin. Nor did I know that the wind carried the scent of baked earth, the metallic scent coating my tongue until I felt I would choke on it.

I dropped to my knees as my body swayed, my fingers digging into the dirt at my feet. Despite the heat assaulting me, the ground was cool to the touch and I wiggled my fingers until the packed dirt of the path covered my hands.

A small giggle escaped my mouth as I looked up.

He was walking toward me with a smile on his face. “Pretty amazing isn’t it?” He asked

I squealed, leaping to my feet as he caught me in his arms.

“You had so little faith in me?” Kyle asked, his arms squeezing me gently.

He leaned back, staring at my violet eyes with a smirk on his face.

“How is this possible?!” I asked, tears wetting my lashes as I struggled to process everything going on around me.

“I am staring at them right now.” He stated cryptically.

“I don’t understand” I whispered as my head started to pound.

The four Protectors from Granolith City shifted uncomfortably as they searched the growing shadows uneasily.

Kyle glanced at them with a nod, “Let’s get you on the shuttle and I will explain everything. Ok?”

I nodded my head, clinging to his hand as he led me down the path to the small shuttle waiting in the evening gloom.

Inside was more spacious then what it looked like from the outside. The passenger seats were large and plush, big enough so that the passengers could relax during long trips.

Kyle pushed me into one, before quickly buckling me in. The Granolith City Protectors left with Alex through an adjoining door leaving Kyle and I alone. I couldn’t explain how grateful I was for the privacy.

Kyle sat across from me, his own buckle strapped loosely. Tight enough to ensure protection during takeoff, while loose enough that he could quickly unbuckle in the case of an emergency.

I leaned against the window, trying unsuccessfully to take everything in. The engines rumbled under me and I clutched the arms of my chair as the shuttle lifted quickly in the air.

To distract myself from the fear that had suddenly flooded my system I looked at Kyle sitting so calmly across from me. The reality of him sitting here with me made me so grateful, and yet I wondered skeptically how it was possible.

“You didn’t…like… e-escape did you?” I stuttered

A smile lit up his face. “Escape?”

Kyle laughed, “You make it sound like we were in prison!”

I laughed with him at my own silliness before the reality of Kyle’s situation settled on my shoulders. “How are you here Kyle? I know your father wouldn’t have given his permission for you to leave the city. How did you convince the Counsel to let you go?”

Kyle shook his head, a small smile continued to hoover on his lips. “When will you get through that thick skull of yours that my father has no say in what I do? You have always been so weary of him. He’s not the bad guy.” He tapped on my forehead. I frowned, swatting his hand away with a scowl.

“How!” I demanded of him, the word ending on a childish whine.

He laughed again. “I simply asked.”

I gawked at him. “No way was it that easy!”

Kyle shook his head, looking out the window. He sighed quietly. “I know you don’t understand this, but my place is beside you. Protecting you. Making sure you have every advantage necessary to meet your full potential, whatever that may be.”

“You don’t have to be condescending Kyle.” Scowling at him as he repeated part of the Protectors creed to me.

He sat back with a sigh, snuggling down into his chair. He propped his feet on my seat beside my legs “You never did understand.”

I didn’t reply as my gaze drifted back to the window. The sun was down, and all I could make out in the pitch blackness beyond was an occasional puff of cloud as the shuttle hurtled us to the unknown. It was then I realized Kyle had never answered my question. Not really anyway. I settled into my seat with a sigh, my stomach choosing that moment to rumble embarrassingly.

Kyle popped an eye open and glared at me accusingly. “Did you skip lunch again?” he asked

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly. “Between meeting with the Council and packing there really wasn’t much time for a trip to the canteen.”

Kyle sighed as he unbuckled his seat. Making is way out of our cabin he made his way to the back of the shuttle.

I craned my neck in an attempt to make out what he was doing. It wasn’t long before he was making his way back to me. A tray in his hands, stopping next to my seat me pressed a button on the side of the seat arm. A small buzz filling the air. Kyle held the tray in front of me and let go, the small tray floating in place before me.

I scrunched my nose at the tray.

Capital City didn’t offer many choices as each meal was planned specifically for the individual’s nutritional needs. Accept for the occasional unregulated treat from Kyle, my diet had primarily consisted of vitamins and minerals baked in a nutrition bar. Protein was ingested in the form of beans or grains that were grown in the hothouse. My favorite meal being when red beans and rice were served.

Sitting in front of me was a small cloth bag filled with small pungent balls. Small bread cakes sat in a stone bowl. A matching cup was filled with water, although the color was different. Instead of the wispy clear fluid of the city, that had been recycled more then was probably healthy for its residents; this water was cloudy, and had what looked like small thin membranes floating within it.

Looking at Kyle disbelievingly, I waited for some sign that this was a joke.

He smirked as he settled back in his seat, silently staring at me as I contemplated wither I should politely decline the offered food. Although knowing Kyle, he would force feed me before letting me skip another meal.

Scowling at my tray I picked up one of the bread cakes, holding it close to my nose I inhaled the smell of yeast with the undertones of cracked wheat. The yeasty smell of the bread was actually comforting as I took a small bite, the bread crunching between my teeth.

Declaring the cakes edible, my stomach took over and very little was said between us as I quickly finished the cakes. Taking a delicate sniff of the water, I swirled the liquid around in my glass, causing it to give off a hint of fruity flavor.

The first sip puckered my taste buds as the tart flavor coated my tongue. “hummm” I hummed in appreciation as I swallowed slowly, pulling the cup away from my mouth to stare at it.

Glancing at Kyle, I noticed that he was relaxing in his seat, a small smirk on his lips.

“What is this?” I asked

“That is something that the residents of Granolith City call Lemonade. I helped myself while I was waiting for you. Try the balls in the bag.” He advised me.

I turned my attention to my tray once again, picking up the bag I dumped the contents. Out rolled tiny yellow and white balls onto my tray, some smaller than others.

I picked one up between my thumb and forefinger, noticing the rubbery texture that gave slightly under my touch. “I’ve never seen food like this Kyle. Are you sure it’s even edible?”

Kyle’s smile grew at my words, but he didn’t offer any words of encouragement as I took a deep breath and popped it in my mouth.

I was startled when the ball in my mouth began to squeak at I chewed, but the flavor quickly distracted me from my thoughts. Never in my life had I tasted something so delicious. Words couldn’t describe the slightly sweet flavor followed by the bite of spice.

“Wow” I muttered “Wish they had these in the Capital.”

Kyle nodded his head in agreement.

“You said you would explain everything once I was settled.” I began once my food was gone and I had settled back in my seat. “I am fed, on my way to the unknown and you have run out of excuses not to tell me what is going on Kyle, because it’s plain you know more than your telling me. You weren’t surprised to see me coming out of the Counsel’s Chamber were you?”

Kyle sighed, still not looking at me.

“Kyle” I stated firmly. “Look at me.”

Kyle spun his chair away from the window he had been staring absentmindedly out of. When he still didn’t offer anything, I glared. My face tightening as my anger began to pool in the pit of my stomach.

“Why did you even come?” I asked

Kyle shrugged, “Because it was my duty. I make up the Sixith of Six.”

I shook my head at him. “It’s never been your duty, as Tess so plainly told the Khivar, you are and never have been my Protector.”

Kyle’s eyes hardened as he stared at me. “Tess doesn’t know what she’s talking about.”

“How can you say that, Kyle? She’s Khivar’s second in command. Besides him, she’s most likely the only person in Capital City who knows what she’s talking about. There isn’t anything that happens in the Capital that she doesn’t know about. She told Khivar that you were never officially named my Protector, but because we were both so young they didn’t see the harm in letting us stay connected." I informed him.

Kyle nodded, “She most likely said that because she didn’t want to lose face in front of Him.”

“Lose face?” I asked

Kyle sighed. “There is so much you don’t know Liz. So much that your parents wanted you protected from, and they thought they were doing the right thing when they hid it all. Only in doing so they put you at such a disadvantage.”

“What do my parents have to do with any of this Kyle? They’re dead.” I stated firmly. Ignoring the sting my own words caused.

Kyle sighed, moving to sit in the chair closest to me. “Your parents have everything to do with this Liz. I don’t know everything, just what I have gotten out of my dad. But your parents weren’t studying the Gandarium. They were studying the Granolith, or I should say your mother was studying the Granolith.”

His words caused me pause as I remembered whispered conversations overheard as a child. Arguments between my parents that would always cease when I entered the room; they may have been able to stop their words, but not the tension that remained behind them.

As a child, I wasn’t interested in what they were arguing about, just that they WERE arguing. It didn’t take me long to figure out that they stopped when I entered the room, and so it became my mission to distract them whenever I would feel the tension between them rise.

"Does her working on the Granolith have anything to do with my genetic sequencing stating I have Seer markers in my DNA?” I asked.

Kyle shook his head sadly, “I don’t know Liz. I know your right when you say that my father never wanted me officially named your protector. In fact he has done everything in his power over the years to get me reassigned elsewhere.”

I stared down at my fidgeting hands.

Kyle moved closer to me, taking my hands in his he held them still, waiting until I peeked at his eyes as he stared patiently.

“He has never, and most likely won’t ever accept that my place is with you. I chose you when you were just a snot nosed toddler, foisted at me by our parents.” He smiled to soften the blow of his words.

“My mother used to tease me about how I chose you the first time you fell and skinned your knee. How I was by your side in a second, and by the time your parents got there, I had already healed your scrape and dried your tears.” His words brought fresh tears to my eyes.

“You have always been the one person to be there to take care of me Kyle. I know I don’t thank you enough or let you know how appreciative I am.” I whispered.

Kyle grimaced. “Don’t make me out to be a saint Liz. My father has spent the same amount of years trying to undo the binding. That’s why he has constantly tried to find another position for me. Tess has just tried to make him happy, and the result is no one is happy because my father doesn’t like the path I have chosen and Tess isn’t happy because she doesn’t get to control the outcome. For them it’s a losing situation.”

I laughed at the expression on his face, the wary sufferance of a son trying to comprehend the agenda of an overbearing father. I was happy that he still had that. “Don’t write him off Kyle. He loves you more then you can understand.”

Kyle nodded his head. “I don’t have all the answers Liz. But I can promise you that I will be here with you as we discover them together ok?”
I nodded at him, most likely a dopy sleepy smile on my face as the days events caught up with me.

Kyle grabbed my feel and pulled them into his lap as we both turned our eyes to the known that was flying by our windows at a breath stealing speed.

Thank You For All Your Patients! Next Part Is Almost Done!
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Endless (AU with Aliens) 7-12-16 Chapter 4

Post by begonia9508 »

Another amazing part!

I must admit I am still trying to understand the 'how' and 'who' and 'where' but I guess I will have to wait for more... Anyway, one thing is sure: I like the Kyle in your Story... at least, he will be here for Liz, especially if being the Seer is important for the Aliens and will change Liz's life forever! She will need the help of someone she can trust...

Waiting impatiently for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Hurry back with more! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Liz's mother was studying the granolith..........I am guessing it was in some way to protect the seer.
Kyle has always been Liz's protector......by choice.......at an early age.
This situation just gets more and more complicated.
Thanks,
Carolyn
flyawayraven
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by flyawayraven »

I know it's been such a long time, thank you all for being sooo patient with me!

Chapter 5

When I opened my eyes, it took me a moment to assess my surroundings. Used to the slight humming of the city, my senses were shocked to wakefulness at the multitude of noses assaulting my ears. I sat up, covering my ears as I assessed my new environment.

I shut my eyes tight as my breathing picked up. Concentrating on the dryness of my throat and eyes I fell back on something that I had adapted when waking from my nightmares, I began to count.

“1,2,3,4…” I whispered under my breath as I tried to get myself under control.

Feeling my distress, Kyle rushed into the room, and I immediately felt my body relax a degree at his presence.

Covering my hands with his, he pulled me forward until my head was tucked under his chin. I could feel the vibrations of his voice as he counted with me, my body calming as we voiced the seconds as they passed. By the time I counted to eighty I felt strong enough to support myself, uncapping my ears as I stared around me wide eyed.

“Where the hell am I?” I whispered roughly.

Kyle handed me a cup of water, and I gulped greedily.

“I’m sorry Liz, no one warned me that Granolith City is exposed to the outside.” He muttered

I stared at him. “What do you mean?”

Instead of answering me, he stood and made his way over to one of the two large glass windows across the room from the bed that I was occupying. After fiddling with it for a second he pulled part of the window down, immediately muffling the noise from outside.

“I mean instead of being a tunneled city, Granolith city is a network of caves surrounded by a walled city.” He tried explaining, although I could see his own explanation confused him just as much as it did me.

“We both heard the rumors about Granolith City growing up. None of the text books in school explained how the city works and I always assumed it was like the Capital.” I nodded my head, agreeing with him.

“This doesn’t make sense Kyle, walled protection doesn’t protect from the Gandarium.” I stated.

Kyle sighed. “No one will explain anything; everyone just keeps saying Ava will explain it all.”

I nodded with a sigh. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed I examined what I was wearing. The long white night gown felt silk under my fingers, and I marveled at the sensory output offered by the skin.

“How did I end up here?” I asked curiously.

I nodded when Kyle stated he had carried me from the shuttle.

“And who undressed me?” I asked eying him speculatively.

Kyle laughed at my expression. “I was going to, but one of the caretakers came barging in saying how I had no respect and shooed me right out the door.”

I laughed with him at the image of him being chased from my room to save my respectability.

Walking around the room, I trailed my fingers along the matte walls. Painted a cheery yellow I admired the dark wood furniture that occupied the space.

Real wood furniture was unheard of in the Capital. The pieces that has serviced for generations where highly valued as one of a kinds as they were brought in with the original survivors.

A long dresser was set along one wall beside the bed. A small nightstand stood next to the bed. The dark brown of the furniture highlighted the pale yellow bed dressings beautifully and I couldn’t help admire the last two walls, especially the one at the end of the bed that held a large fireplace with two large windows on either side; the yellow walls highlighting the different colors within the stone fireplace.

The entire room was bigger than my entire apartment, my eyebrows lowered in confusion.

Before I could voice my concerns of being in the wrong room, Kyle walked to the French pocket doors and pulled my bag from the hall.
Thanking him quietly I quickly pulled an outfit from my bag, not looking at it as I slipped it on.

Just as I was finishing running a brush through my hair a knock sounded on the door.

Kyle answered, revealing Alex’s grinning face.

Alex entered the room, glancing around quickly before his gaze fell on me.

“Good, you’re up!” He announced. “You were sleeping so deeply when we arrived last night that I was afraid it would be difficult to get you moving this morning! No bother. Ava is anxious to meet you! I’m sure she can answer all your questions.”

I gave Alex a grateful smile, butterflies taking flight in my empty stomach.

Feeling my anxiety, Kyle walked up behind me and squeezed my shoulders. Preceding me out the door, I followed Alex as he made his way into the hallway.

I sensed that the dwelling we were in was large, as the hallway, like the bedroom was airy and large. With high ceilings the hallway stretched endlessly and I counted no less than six doors, including mine. Half way down the hall we descended a large stone staircase that brought us into the open entry way at the front of the house.

I grimaced at the bright light that I assumed was the sun shining in the countless windows I absently noticed during our trek.

Suddenly I wasn’t as enthused as before when I noticed the slight throb my temples gave in complaint.

Between the noise and the light, I knew my head was going to be killing me before the end of the day, and I suddenly wished I could simply retreat back up to the cheerful yellow room upstairs.

After many twists and turns, so many in fact I knew I was going to be lost trying to make my way back, we ended at a set of pocket doors not unlike the ones in the bedroom. These doors however were bigger and obviously heavier with decoration chiseled out of the middle.

Alex slid the doors aside to reveal a library that towered three stories high. The large windows once again letting in so much sunlight that my eyes began to water and I unconsciously tried to retreat into the darker interior of the hallway.

A massive fireplace dominated the room. This was a surprise to me, considering the fact that every inch of wall space was occupied by bookshelves, including the second and third floor wall stretching across the fireplace. Only instead of books, knickknacks and odds and ends occupied the space.
Alex led me forward, indicating I should take a seat in one of the chairs situated in front of the empty fireplace.

Glancing around him, he frowned. “I’ll be right back.” He muttered before taking off into the stacks of books.

Kyle was watching me, a blank expression on his face.

“What?” I muttered

“Are you ok?” He asked softly

What a loaded question, but before I could reply, Alex returned followed by a small women I could only imagine was Ava.

No one said a word as we stared at each other.

I don’t know what I was expecting, but the familiarity that sparked within me at seeing Ava for the first time unsettled me greatly. I felt like I should have recognized her. Like I had amnesia and while my whole body recognized her on a level that made my heart beat accelerate, I couldn’t for the life of me place where I knew her from.

She was just as petite as I was. With eyes so blue, they glowed while her pixie face smiled at me as if I was a long lost friend. Her dark blond hair was streaked with blues and green. Currently pulled back from her face in a ponytail I could decipher how long it was. The small gem that nestled in her nose didn’t distract from her overall beauty.

“Ava, I’m guessing?” I deadpanned.

Ava’s smirk grew. “I take it your Elizabeth?”

I nodded in confusion. “Why do I feel like I should know you?”

Ava’s smirk died slowly. The glow dimmed in her eyes as she became serious. With a sigh she sat of the chair next to me, her small body turned toward me.

I didn’t notice when Alex took Kyle from the room until she was so close my body started to vibrate with her nearness. It made me nervous enough to reach out to Kyle. He soothed me as much as he could while I tried to concentrate on what Ava was saying.

“I know you have a lot of questions. I can’t answer them all right away, but I can try not to confuse you more then you already are.” Even her voice was pixie like.

“Why am I here?” I asked

Ava frowned. “You’re here because…”

I cut her off, “yeah yeah because I have seer gene in my DNA. I mean why now?”

Ava stared off out the window, and I could see her trying to work out the best way to answer my question.

“Because the Granolith has decided it’s time.” She stated simply

“You speak as if the Granolith is a person.” I scoffed.

Ava shrugged her shoulders. “I just do what it asks of me.”

She laughed at the confusion flitting across my face as I tried to figure out her words. “You’ll understand sooner rather than later.”

I sat back with a sigh. “So how does this work?”

“Well….” Ava started, “First I think you should read a little history of the Granolith. The true history, not some nonfiction the schools print out these days. Then in a few days I will take you to the Granolith and we will take it from there.”

Still confused I asked the only think I could grasp. “What do you mean true history? Don’t they teach the truth in the schools?”

Ava smiled at me. “I meant the Granoliths history from its point of view. What the schools teach is what happened to the people, not the part that the Granolith played from the Granolith itself.”

“Oh” I muttered quietly.

I stared down at my hands as I thought about this.

“Can I get settled in my room first?” I asked her.

She stared at me confused for a second, “But I left instructions that the yellow room was to be made ready for your arrival. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to meet you last night, but I retire early and rise early to commune with the Granolith.”

She mistook my silence as unhappiness as she rushed to explain. “If you don’t like the yellow room, I’m ok with choosing whatever one you wish to occupy. It’s just I thought you would like that room since it was your parents when they were here.”

Her words made me gasp. “So it’s true?”

Ava stared at me.

“Kyle told me my mother wasn’t studying the Gandarium like everyone believed but that she was working on the Granolith. I guess I didn’t really believe him. I mean why would she lie about that to me?” I rambled.

Ava shrugged. “I don’t know why your mother did anything, but I know that whatever reason she did it for it was to protect you?”

I huffed in annoyance, by head throbbing a little more. “That’s what Kyle keeps saying also.”

“Kyle sounds pretty smart to me.” Ava crooned to me.

I scoffed, “Don’t tell him that, he doesn’t need a bigger ego then he already has.”

Ava laughed. “I promise. Why I don’t give you a couple books to start with, Alex told me you like to read.”

I just nodded my head as I watched her pace the library, taking a book here and there. Just as she was passing the open library door Kyle entered, bumping into her and spilling books all over the floor.

I laughed as Kyle’s face turned read and he stammered out an apology. Ava’s glare was soft and not intimidating at all as they quickly picked up the books.

I raised an eyebrow as they approached me, dumping all nine books into my lap.

I looked from the books now in my lap to Ava as she stood and stared at me. I rubbed my throbbing temples as I glanced at the blank covers.

“Great” I muttered. “This isn’t a couple.”

Ava shrugged her shoulders, “it’s a start anyway. It will give you a base to start with so I don’t have to stop every three second and explain something to you.”

I acknowledged her statement with a grateful nod
“I will just head back to my room, if I can find it, and start then.” I informed her.

Ava’s smile told me how much she approved of that idea as I handed a couple to Kyle.

“I assume you haven’t eaten breakfast yet so I will have a tray sent up to your room.” She informed me.

Kyle nodded his thanks as I mumbled something incoherently as I thumbed through the top book in my small stack. I walked to ward the door and muttered a thanks to Kyle as he grabbed my elbow and guided me right at the door as I tried to go left, muttering about hallways mazes.

I left my first meeting with Ava ready to dive into the books and seek some of the answers that were just out of reach.

I know it's been awhile, but life has taken me into it's vice! I will be back soon though! I have the next month off from school, so writing will be taking a priority!!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Endless (AU with Aliens) 8-23-2016 Chapter 5

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Got to wonder what is really going on here. I know that there is something more going non.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639