Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult)Epilogue 7/14/19 Complete

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 18 5/1/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I hope we won't have to wait too long for Max to become the King even if his changes will take time.
Antar just needs to get started sooner rather than later.
Serena had a good point, why did Liz make a contract with someone she had never met??
Zane is a good person to confirm the issues in question.
Thanks!
Last edited by keepsmiling7 on Thu May 02, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Although King Philip is not a great person, it is still bad that he has been poisoned.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

match making liz
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Max won't be King as soon as you like. Zane is a good person.

RoswellFan68 King Philip is not a good person. Though it is bad that he was poisoned.

Natalie36 Yes Liz is playing matchmaker.

Part 19

One month later

Liz laid on her stomach on the beach. She had her eyes closed just soaking up the warm sun. Max had gone into the water to swim a few minutes before. Serena had been given the day off and except for their guards were alone on the beach. The guards were keeping their distance but were close enough that they would be there in seconds if need be. Liz rolled over when she felt dripping on her back.

“You're dripping on me.” Said Liz looking up at Max
“You look like you are getting hot. I think you need to cool off.” Said Max
“I'm not hot.”

Max just smiled and picked her up throwing her over his shoulder.

“Max! Put me down!”

Max carried her to the water with her squirming the whole way. He then shifted her in his arms smiling.

“No Max don't you dare!”
“Liz are you afraid of the water?”
“No. I just don't want to get wet.”

Max just grinned and tossed her into the lake. Liz hit the water and went under. She came up seconds later and glared at Max. She then lunged at Max knocking him down.

“I told you I didn't want to get wet!”
“I know. But I couldn't help myself.”
“You do know I don't give a damn that you are the future king of an empire. I am not going to give in to your every whim.”
“That is one of the things I love about you.”
“Wh-what did you say?”
“I love you Liz.”

Liz stood there in shock. He loves her! That was not something she was expecting him to say.

“Liz, I understand stand if you don't feel the same way. We have only known each other a month.”
“Max, uh it's just this is the only relationship I have ever been in. I am just not sure what I feel. I know I like you. But it is too soon for me to know if it is love.”
“Liz, we don't have to rush this.”
“Max, we will be married next month. I am ok with that.”
“Liz, remember it is ok if you want to go slow.”
“Max, I told you before I knew what I was agreeing to when I signed my contract.”
“Ok then uh then maybe you should see the doctor about birth control unless you are ok with possibly ending up pregnant right away.”
“I am not against getting pregnant. But maybe we should wait a year or so.”
“Then we will get you to see Kara soon.”

Liz smiled and Max leaned down and gave her a soft and gentle kiss.

Serena watched Kyle work from behind a bush. He had his shirt off showing his muscular chest glistening with sweat. Several of the other men had shirts off as well as they worked at putting in the irrigation lines, before beginning planting. Un like the other men Kyle's back was the only one in this group not scared from the discipline master's whip. Ginta had told her that she was sure Kyle had figured out how to work the system. That if he worked hard doing what he was told that his life could get better.

“You have feelings for him don't you Serena?”

She turned to see Isabel standing there.

“It doesn't matter princess. He will never want someone as damaged as me.”
“Serena, not all humans are hung up on having sex. I know your people believe in only one sexual partner that being your mate.”
“There are times when that isn't always the case. A chief may take a new mate if his first dies before the birth of a child, or if the child is very young. My mother died when I was seven. But I had a sister who was 13 so she was expected to teach me what my mother couldn't. Dara married shortly after her 18th birthday to the man my father chose to be the next chief of our village.”
“Does your sister love him?”
“I have no idea. Dara was raised and trained to be the wife of the next leader. It is how it has always been done when there is no son.”
“If you hadn't gotten in trouble would you have been able to marry for love?”
“Depends on what my father had decided. But that is mute now. I would be untouchable now.”
“Because of what happened to you in holding?”
“Yes. My people have a strong belief that women must be untouched before their wedding night.”
“Serena, unfortunately you were abused but I think you should see if there is anything between you and Kyle. Tell him what happened. He might surprise you.”

Isabel walked off leaving Serena to her thoughts.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 19 5/2/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love, love the playful Max.
The birth control talk was good to have.
Isabel has given Serena some good advice, hope she takes it.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 19 5/2/19

Carolyn A playful Max is a good thing. Isabel has given Serena something to think about. Weather she takes the advice or not we will have to wait and see.

Part 20

Kyle took a long drink of water. It was a hot day. Though he had to admit not as bad as some days on Earth had been. He look a long the trench he was digging seeing other men working. Most of which had scared backs. The overseers sent anyone who refused to work to be punished. They always returned with scared backs. He had found out that they had been whipped. He looked to see Sergei working about 50 yards from him. Sergei like him were of the few that hadn't been sent to be disciplined. He got back to work when he heard a someone yell at him.

“You, Kyle get out of that ditch!”

Kyle climbed out as fast as he could and dropped to his knees seeing a nicely dressed woman that knew was the Queen. That was one thing they had all been taught on the ship. Who the Royals were. He looked to see that Sergei was being forced go join them.

“I want both of these men taken into the palace. They have new jobs. Make sure they are scrubbed well, given hair cuts and dressed appropriately for their new jobs.” Said Diane
“Yes You're Majesty.”

Diane walked away and two guards roughly grabbed Sergei and Kyle dragging them away. Diane smiled when she noticed Serena running from her hiding place. Kyle and Sergei were taken into a door to the palace and to a room with tubs.

“Strip and throw those rags into the bin.” Said the guard

Both men did as they were told. Then each climbed into a tub and four girls with silver slave bans on their arms came in and began to scrub the dirt, grim and sweat from their bodies. Kyle looked at the girls cleaning him. One had very pale skin, the other had skin that looked almost orange. Neither spoke, other then to tell him how to move so they could go about their job. Once he was deemed clean he climbed from the water and that was when he saw what was once clear water was now dark brown almost black. Not that he was surprised. This was the first bath he had gotten since he had arrived. The only washing he had been permitted had been with a cold bucket of water for the last month. He wrapped the towel he had been given around his waist. Then he was taken into another room where a man grunted as he reached for new clothes from a shelf. He tossed them at Kyle and pointed to a curtained off area. He went behind the curtain and dressed. He came out dressed in a pair of pants and a short sleeve blue buttoned shirt. On his feet were a pair of loafers. Sergei came out of the room next to his the only difference in their outfit was that Sergei had a green shirt.

“This way.” Said a guard

They both followed and found themselves in what looked like a barber shop.

“Non military cut. Short and neat.” Said the guard.

The barbers nodded and Kyle and Sergei sat in the chairs. It took nearly twenty minutes to cut their hair that had grown a great deal since they had been taken. After that was done they were taken to a room where the Queen waited. She smiled at them once they were on their knees in front of her.

“Kyle, Sergei you both proved to be good workers so you are being promoted to the house and to be companions. Kyle, you will be my son's companion, his personal valet. You Sergei will work for Alexander Whitman a contract holder in technology. But first there is something that needs to be changed.”

Diane signaled and a woman with pale purple skin stepped forward with a tray. On it were two gold colored bans and some kind of cream.

“Lilla, will you change their bans?” asked Diane
“Yes my Queen.” Said Lilla softly
“Now gentlemen. Lilla is from a race called Jar-ta. They are strong telepaths. My daughter's companion is a Jar-ta as well. But Ginta has lost her ability to speak with her voice. She can only speak telepathically.”

Once Lilla removed the black ban from each of them she rubbed the area with the cream before placing a gold ban on each of them. They then left with her to be shown to their new room.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 20 5/3/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Oh boy, Kyle was scrubbed clean for his new job.
And the Queen seemed to approve after the hair cut.
All is well for the hard workers.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 20 5/3/19

Carolyn Yes Kyle was scubbed clean. Diane does approve after the hair cut. Kyle hadn't had one since before he left earth.

Part 21

Serena sat down at a table in the dinning hall for house slaves. She knew she needed to eat, but couldn't bring herself to.

“Mind if I join you?”

She lifted her head to see Kyle standing there with a tray of food.

“No you can join me.” Said Serena
“Thank you.”

Kyle sat across from her and took a bite of his food.

“I see you got promoted.” Said Serena
“Yeah I start officially tomorrow.”
“That's good.”
“Serena, I thought you might be happy for me. I mean this means we can spend more time together. I thought there might be something between us.”
“Kyle, we aren't free. There can be nothing between us.”

Serena got up and took off leaving Kyle behind. He watched her go not sure what to do.

*She is scared of what she feels for you.*

Kyle turned to see a purple skinned woman standing near by.

*Kyle, my name is Ginta. I was abused by my first owner and am unable to speak the normal way. I can only speak by projecting my thoughts to you.*
“Uh yeah I was told about. What do you mean Serena is scared by what she feels for me?”
*The Prince treats Serena very well. But she was abused during the time between her trial and the Prince bought her. She was beaten and the ones in charge of the holding area used her for their needs. Her people believe that a woman must be pure in body when they take a lover. In her mind she is dirty, broken and unworthy of love. She is scared that you knowing this about her will make you not want her. Or worse only want her for your needs not her as a person.*
“Ginta, how do I make her see that I don't care about any of that? That I want to get to know her and see if what I feel for her is love.”
*You must know that I know what you feel. Take things slow and in time Serena will face her fear and let herself be loved by you.*

Ginta walked off leaving Kyle to his thoughts.

Max watched as Liz walked beside him in the garden. She had been quite since he had kissed her earlier. He had no idea what was going on in her mind. He watched her rub her arms against the chill. The sun had set half an hour ago and the night air carried a chill year round. Max removed his jacket and wrapped it around her arms. She turned and smiled at him.

“Thank you.” Said Liz
“You're welcome. Liz, I am sorry if I did something wrong.”
“You didn't. Max, you admitted that you love me. I may not know what I feel is love or not, doesn't mean I am not attracted to you. I have never been in a relationship mostly because I was just trying to survive on a planet that was dying. Hell it is probably dead and we just couldn't see it.”
“Liz, I want you to know my mother has started a plan to save children from Earth.”
“Really?”
“Yes. They will be found homes through out the empire. I don't know how many we will save. But we are going to try.”
“Is your father ok with this?”
“My father let's my mother have her projects. They became mates for political reasons.”
“Is that what we will be like? I mean if I don't end growing to love you?”
“We will never be like my parents. Even if you never love me. I already love you. I don't think my father has loved anyone. He couldn't wait to become King. While I am willing to wait.”
“Why haven't I met your father?”
“Because he has no interest in meeting you. Liz, he is not pleased that I wanted to bring in new blood to our family. He wanted to set up a bonding with me and Lord Kivar's daughter Tess. Tess is the last person I wanted to marry.”
“Why?”
“She is a mean and cold bitch. She only cares about power just like her father. If she had become by mate then Serena would be treated poorly by her. You think of Serena as a friend right?”
“Yeah. Though I don't think she feels the same way.”
“Give her time. She has a lot of trust issues.”
“I know.”

Max led Liz into the palace and walked her to her room. He kissed her goodnight and headed for his room. Liz smiled as she got ready for bed.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 21 5/4/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Ginta gave Kyle a good education on Serena's past.
So the King wants Tess as his daughter-in-law. Max is lucky he has some say in the decision.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 21 5/4/19

Carolyn Yes Ginta did give Kyle a good education on Serena's past. Philip did want Tess as his daughter in law. Max does have a say in who he marries. But also remember the King is dying of poison so he isn't in his right mind.

Part 22

Liz led Serena into the library where a tutor was waiting.

“Ma'am, I don't understand why you want me here with you for your lessons.” Said Serena
“Serena, I just do.” Liz then dropped her voice so only Serena could hear her.
“Rena, Max and I found a loophole so you can get more education. I make it an order that you stay during my lessons.”

Serena nodded her understanding. She then realized that both Max and Liz really did care about her.

“My Lady, I am Oquad your teacher. If you dismiss the slave we can get started.”
“Oquad, I require Serena to stay with me. If you have a problem with that you can leave and I will have the Prince find another tutor.” Said Liz
“Very well. But if she causes trouble I will inform the King and she will be sent to the mines where she should have in the first place.”
“You know what? You're fired! Get out I will ask for a new tutor who isn't a racist asshole! Serena please come with me.”

Liz stormed out of the library with Serena right behind her. Diane had been passing by and smiled. Her son's young mate had a fire inside. She then walked into the library to see Oquad looking shocked.

“Oquad.” Said Diane
“My Queen, it is good to see you again.”
“I believe Lady Elizabeth fired you. You better leave before my son finds out you upset his soon to be mate.”
“My Queen, that girl needs to understand that Paylors are not worth her time.”
“Oquad, you will learn that things are going to change. These changes will bring a new order to the empire.”

Oquad packed his things and left not saying a word.

Nicholas walked into Kivar's office smiling.

“I take it that everything is still going according to plan?”
“Of course. In less then a year the current King will be dead, while growing more and more crazy.”
“Once Philip is out of the way Max will be easy to deal with.”
“It would have been better if Tess could have gotten into his head and made him take her as his mate.”
“Nicholas as much as I would have liked that it will still be easy to take out that stupid boy.”
“Once he is out of the way and you force Isabel to be your new mate seeing as Tess's mother is dead, you are going to give me that stupid human Max plans make his mate as my personal whore right?”
“Of course. You know that stupid boy won't fuck her until they have gone through the bonding ceremony.”
“I would love it if my dick is the first to fuck her.”
“When is the last time you had yourself a whore?”
“Yesterday. I fucked that Paylor you use to have around here. I have to say she is the best whore I ever was with.”
“She did learn quick. It only to 100 lashing for her to learn.”

Nicholas smiled knowing that he would make that human would be princess learn fast what she was good for.

TBC