PRUNING POLICY

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

PRUNING POLICY

Post by Kath7 »

New Pruning Policy -- Affects ALL authors

The policy can be found here:
New Pruning Policy

Important note to ALL authors:
YOU are responsible for realizing when your thread is going to be pruned of its feedback, whether it‘s active, completed or lacking updates. Notifications will no longer be sent. But don't worry, you will always be able to tell how close you are to pruning and/or moving if you read the new policy.
  • Pruning will remove any feedback up to the last chapter update, or the last author's note.

This thread will serve as the location to volunteer your story for early pruning, pruning approval or to notify the mod team of a problem that requires an extension.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your forum leader or any of the other moderators.

The Roswell Fanatics Mod Squad
Eccentric One
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eccentric One »

AU without Aliens Guidelines

Please be aware that most of these things are board policies that I am trying to point out as being of high importance on this forum, while some (such as #4 below) are specific to this forum. If you post in multiple forums, please take the time to see if there are differences. If you have any questions, contact the forum leader to make sure you are being the best board member you can be.

It is no longer necessary to put NA in the thread title. That was done for the purpose of splitting the AU forum into with aliens and without aliens stories.

I have removed those few remaining NA's from thread titles. Also, if space becomes an issue in your thread title, you may drop the AU. This forum is an AU forum and we have a separate AU without Aliens complete forum as well. It would be helpful though to either have something indicating AU - no aliens in your first post, in the event your story is moved to Dead and Buried and you ask to have it moved back to the active forum. A line saying “Genre: AU without Aliens” will be sufficient. Or, as an author asking a mod to move your story out of Dead & Buried, please instruct the mod as to which forum you need the story moved to.

The following items in thread titles will greatly assist me in maintaining the board:

1. Please note in your thread title if your newest update is the final chapter. Do this by indicating "complete," "conclusion," "epilogue," etc.

2. Please make sure you indicate the date of your latest posting. Even if it is a one part story. Even if it is just an author's note.

3. If you do not use the mm/dd format for your last day of update (i.e. using dd/mm), please use the letters for the month. The problem is that, as an American, I see numbered dates as mm/dd. So 9/12 is September 12th and not December 9th. It makes it confusing for judging if a story needs to be moved to Dead and Buried or Complete if I read the dates wrong.

4. Those authors that have notified me that they don’t need to save their feedback will be pruned at 15 pages. (see list) Leaving any feedback from the latest update. These authors will not need to specifically volunteer each story on this forum as the 15 pages voluntary pruning volume comes around.

I am keeping a list of the authors that are agreeable to their threads being pruned up to the last post whenever is needed. Authors that are listed here can either be in the habit of saving their feedback everytime they post a new part or those authors who aren't interested in saving feedback at all. If you fall into either of these categories, let me know. I'll do my best to keep a running list. To date we have:

1. WR
2. Jason's Princess
3. maxandliz4ever1357
4. Maxsgurl
5. Luzser1800
6. Emz80m
7. To_Kiss_A_Frog
8. guelbebek
9. Rowedog
10. JBehr'sChica
11. max and liz believer

You are certainly not required to fall into either of these categories. You do need to be aware of the page number of 20 for your thread, however, since that indicates time for mandatory pruning. But it wouldn't be a bad habit for authors to get into the practice of saving feedback each time they post. Not always possible, I'm sure. But it is certainly a good habit. That way you are guaranteed never to be blindsided by a sudden burst of feedback, since we only prune to your last update or author's note. (The only exception being if it's time to move your story to Dead and Buried or Completed.)

As I previously posted, this thread will be pruned on a regular basis. All posts requesting pruning will be left up for a period of time, with a mod note added in showing the prune was done. We are, I believe, the most active fanfic forum on this board. So I plan to give this forum all the attention I can, so that we can be an absolute joy for anyone to visit. We have good reason to be proud of our work here. And I want the state of the forum to reflect that. I am proud to be the forum leader here. And I hope that all authors and readers here will feel the same sense of pride.

Thanks for reading through all my babbling!

Kara
Last edited by Eccentric One on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exhortation. - Sherlock Holmes
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: PRUNING POLICY

Post by nibbles2 »

Crush can be pruned to my last update please. Link in my siggie.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

521 can be pruned up until Part 40 on page 23.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 36&t=20154

Thanks!

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Hi The Art Of Seduction can now be pruned upto and including page 15 please.

Thanks
JAN :mrgreen:
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Gold diggers can be pruned to the latest update please.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Done :D
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

521 can be pruned up until Part 49 on page 19.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... &start=180

Thanks!

-April

DONE
Stacie
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Hi! Can someone please prune Romancing The Heart chapter 1 - 11A please? Thank you!

L-J-L 76
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

521 can be pruned up until part 57. Thanks in advance!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 36&t=20154

-April