Lyin: Eyes (AU,M/L,MATURE) ch 53 4/17/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Lyin: Eyes (AU,M/L,MATURE) ch 53 4/17/15

Post by mary mary »

Eve :D Keep in mind the man is very wealthy and can afford to "spoil" his wife with his attention...no getting up and going to work everyday, except during baseball season, his time is his own so Liz is his life. things will change I'm sure
Roswelllostcause: Wouldn't it be nice to be pampered like that? I wouldn't know... :roll: :wink:
Carolyn: I'm glad I was able to bring some cheer to you my dear. Sometimes we all need a little fantasy just for the hell of it. :)

Chapter: 53

Monday was another big day…SONOGRAM.

Usually the doctor waited until the third month but Liz was starting to have some discomfort along with being sleepy all the time so she decided to have a look now just to be on the safe side. It was close enough since they really weren’t sure of an actual conception date.

*~*~*
Liz and Max showed up at the doctor’s office just about 15 minutes before their appointment and were sitting in the waiting room when the doctor came in through the main door all flustered and windblown. She smiled at Max and Liz and motioned them to follow her in to the examining room; she’d had a delivery earlier this morning so she was running just a little late and felt she needed to apologize.

Max told her that they were actually a little early and not to give it a second thought and soon Liz was settled on the examining table and the doctor was ready to take some pictures.

She pointed out the baby’s heart beat and then she stopped, midstride, and retraced her steps with the little instrument in order to have a second look, more carefully and slowly this time. Max and Liz both got concerned looks on their faces and finally Liz had to ask…

“Is something wrong?”

“Oh I don’t think so Liz…see this right here?” And the doctor pointed to a tiny little speck that was moving and Liz said “Yes.”

“Well look over here, do you see the same thing?” And Liz’s eyes got huge. Max wasn’t real sure what was happening when Liz grabbed his sleeve and pointed to the screen…”What is it Liz?” He asked…and Liz looked at him and said “Two! Max! There are two of them. We’re having twins Max! Merry Christmas! Oh God Max…twins!”

“Oh Holy Mother of God…two babies…oh Liz, I love you.” And Max bent over and kissed his wife’s belly then her mouth and then her belly once more right there in front of that doctor and anyone else in the vicinity…He kissed her like he had never kissed her before. He hugged her, smiled at her, and kissed her again and Liz could only smile…This was the happy you read about but seldom experience and this made Liz’s happiness twice as fulfilled. She felt like she could fly on her own power.

Two babies…how wonderful she thought. The doctor was almost as happy as Max and Liz…She had seen happy reactions before but this was wonderful.

Max and Liz invited the entire Evans and Parker families back for Christmas along with Amy, Jim, Maria and Michael and they all agreed to come except Maria, Michael, Jim and Amy…they would be there for New Years .

Thanksgiving had been wonderful and the family all knew that Christmas would be the same.

So with some maneuvering of schedules and a few weeks later they were all back in Philadelphia. Nancy made the trip too, and Liz was truly happy to see her and made sure to tell her so. The entire family and all of their friends felt better about her coming and they all made sure that Nancy didn’t feel any discomfort.

Nancy’s problem had been made known to all of them before the wedding so they tried that much harder to make sure she was included in everything.

Liz’s way of addressing the issue was to pretend there never was one in the first place. Her mom was treated just as all the rest. She joked with her, hugged her and gave her jobs along with everyone else and things went along swimmingly.

Isabel decided that Liz needed to have a road trip to Roswell next year for a tree trimming party with the boys. She loved the way they had decorated the gates and the posts and putting stuffed animals on the tree was genius. “Alex, we really need to invite them to Roswell next year to decorate for us.” She squealed and Alex looked at her and shook his head. He needed a beer.

When it was time to open gifts each one of the guests had an envelope attached to the Christmas stockings Liz had made for them and they all figured it was just their Christmas card, forgetting that she had already mailed them.

But, to say they were shocked was an understatement. Inside of the envelope was a copy of the sonogram showing the twins and when they all figured out what they were looking at, Isabel being the first of course, they all cried. No one knew why but they cried…they were tears of joy but there were tears just the same.

After the gifts had been set aside, paper and ribbon cleaned up and dinner started they discussed their ideas about helping the four girls with their educational expenses.

In the short time they had spent with the girls they knew that they would not accept anything from them for nothing so Liz and Max explained their idea of having the girls work with the children at the estate for a given amount of time, say two years, and at the end of that time they would be free to move on if they desired.

They would pay the girls a salary commensurate with their degrees but the repayment of their college expenses would be working with the kids for a specified length of time.

Philip and Diane both thought this was a wonderful idea as did Alex and Isabel.

Jeff had to explain to Nancy who the girls were that they were talking about and then Jeff and Nancy were overwhelmed with the generosity of the entire group. They had a comfortable life but the money these people were tossing around was overwhelming. The only bad thing about the situation all together was the fact that they had not been close to all of these people before now.

When Max and Liz finally decided it was time to move forward with their plans for the children’s facility it only made sense that Philip would oversee the entire project.

They discussed this endeavor at length the entire Christmas holiday; everyone inputting their ideas and thoughts on the subject as they occurred to them, be it at a meal or just folding laundry…the discussions were endless.

They would have to investigate every aspect of this venture since none of them really knew anything about this type of business.

They would have to hire instructors, investigate all job applicants…find out how many children they could have at one time. Check out the possibility of insurance and how to be a credited organization…the list went on and on…and then there was the realization that they would have to find another place to live.

Max didn’t see a problem with that. They could even build a home on the property and that way they would be close to everyone. Liz thought that was a great idea…she liked Charley’s house and Max told her he would build her one like it but Charley was staying where he was until he was ready to leave…Liz laughed and explained to Max that she wasn’t trying to evict Charley so she could have his house she simply liked his house and Max just laughed with her. The rest of the family laughed at both of them. Too much going on at once.

They all had a very nice Christmas and they all stayed through the New Year.

Michael, Maria, Jim and Amy came for New Years as planned and Max and Liz also invited Pete, John, Josh and Jay and the entire group including the kids. There was an early afternoon skating party followed by a nice dinner and then games for the kids along with music and dancing for the adults. Liz had set up a dart board in an empty classroom, a pool table and a card table as well. Most of the adults stayed in the large living room and just talked and danced and enjoyed each other’s company in a very relaxed atmosphere. All in all it was a very nice evening for everyone.

*~*~*

And so Christmas came and went…winter came and went and soon Liz and Max had two beautiful baby girls…Briana and Deana Evans were born in early June; they were a little early but that was expected.

They were perfectly healthy baby girls and their parents were elated…all of their grandparents were there for the birth of their grandchildren and everyone couldn’t wait to spoil them. And then it was Christmas again…the girls were six months old and just beginning to stay awake longer and to really take notice of things…and the ‘magnificent seven’ loved playing with them. The boys came to decorate the Christmas tree again this year and Liz had purchased a truck load of ‘Raggedy Ann’ stuffed dolls to decorate the tree with. The girls sat in their little swings and supervised every move the boys made while mom and dad watched them very closely…and when Max and Liz had their Christmas cards done they were very special indeed…
THE END
Last edited by mary mary on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Ginger!

Great ending even if I am always sad when the story ended... Are you going to re-arrange others stories or this one was your first story written? I don't think so, that was not your first...

Anyway, crazy how the time fly away... Looking forwards hearing from you! EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I can see little twin girls watching every move the boys made decorating the Christmas tree.
Many tears of joy were shed with the good news of twins, and I wasn't surprised to learn everyone was still concerned about other......especially the education of the girls and future plans.

Which reminds me........you going to post the sequel aren't you??
Thanks Ginger,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great end Ginger! I can just see those little girls watching everything around them!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

this was such a lovely story
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

Eve, Carolyn, Helen, Natalie and all you lurkers, the sequel is about ready and I'm posting a buildup to it today. I hope you will enjoy the fluff because after the reading I've been doing for the past year I've decided it definitely is that. Thank you for all of your kind words, they keep me grounded. God bless.

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Ginger! I already discovered the sequel and loved every bit of it!

You know, staying in movement with our brains by writing or making crosswords (like I do in french and german and sometimes even in english when I found one!) is well recommanded and keep our brains top fit! :wink: :lol: :wink:

So looking impatiently for more! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

I was so sad when I found out this story had finished :cry: I just managed to catch up the last few chapters and BAM it said 'The End'. :shock: :shock:

It is such a lovely story with your classic storylines all over it :D I LOVE IT :D :mrgreen: It is so perfect & it is what this fanfic is about - to fill our dreams :mrgreen:

So glad there is a sequel & I will be bumping you again :wink: watch out for me :lol:

Thanks for the lovely story!

Take care Ginger!
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
Jlwharton
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jlwharton »

This is such a beautiful story!! I am so happy that Max and Liz were able to reconnect and discover their tremendous love for each other after all those years!! Their friendship and romance was so lovely and natural. And the ending was perfect!!