THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Epilogue - 11/6/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 81 - 10/23/16

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Been away, but now caught up.
I had really missed out on a lot of action,
Carolyn
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 82

Post by Double Trouble »

Eva: Lol, he is even if he hasn’t admitted it yet.

sarammlover: Here’s hoping it was a week worth waiting for!

keepsmiling7: We’re glad to have you back!

Part 82

Maria’s eyes popped open when a slight sound from outside caught her attention. She hadn’t been sleeping at all – not much in general since the day the flowers had arrived. And then Alfred had been all weird and kind of mysterious lately – as if he knew something of importance.

She sat up when her whole body tingled. Something was off…

Glancing out the window she tried to pinpoint anything unusual and although there seemed to be nothing, there was a change that she couldn’t describe. Was it him? Was he coming to see her after all this time?

Her eyes widened when she caught a movement on the back porch. Maybe it was just a branch, but it surely felt different. If that’s you, Michael, I’m gonna teach you for sneaking up on me in the middle of the night, she thought and reached for a small pillow to stuff it under the sleep top she was wearing. Lying down again, she rolled to her side, facing the window and pretended to sleep with one hand on her ‘swollen’ belly.

He waited for several long minutes, listening for any sound that might indicate the house’s occupant had been disturbed and when nothing was forthcoming he found himself annoyed at her lack of vigilance. He shook his head and took another step when the curtains that covered the window billowed on the temperate evening breeze. What the hell was she thinking leaving the window open? Why not just leave an engraved invitation for any pervert who happened to be creeping around the place? He sighed and shifted closer to peer inside, frowning when he couldn’t make out much more than the outline of her shoulders. He cocked his head to one side, trying to make sense of her position and wondering if she was ill. The way she was curled in on herself was a self-protective pose. Maybe she had a stomach ache. Maybe it was... No! He didn’t even want his mind to go there. Women had to deal with that monthly issue and it was a fact of life, but beyond the base knowledge of its existence he didn’t want to know more about it.

He backtracked to the double doors that opened out onto the back deck and made quick work of picking the lock, cautiously turning the knob and pushing the door open. He rolled his eyes when not only did the small sound not draw attention, but it further annoyed him because there was no alarm set to go off upon entry. Had she learned nothing from her time with him? He slipped the lock pick back in its case and shoved it in his pocket before stealthily making his way back to the bedroom where she slept. He would just check on her, make sure she was alright, and slip back out without her ever knowing he had been there.

Maria held her breath when she heard a sound in the other room. Someone had opened the door from the deck, she was sure of it and her mind as well as her heart was running wildly. Was it Michael? Or what if it was someone else and she didn’t do anything to protect herself?

No, she told herself and stayed right where she was. It must be him.

“Woman doesn’t have the sense God gave a flea,” he muttered under his breath as he easily slipped from room to room. There was absolutely nothing to deter an intruder from getting inside the house and attacking her. What the hell was she thinking? He oughta wake her up and give her a serious piece of his mind for all of these infractions.

Yet all of those thoughts fled the moment he reached the open doorway to the bedroom and he paused there to watch her as she slept. His eyes narrowed and his lips pressed into a thin line when he noticed the perfectly synchronized rhythm to her breathing pattern. The little witch wasn’t asleep! He’d spent ample time with her sleeping next to him while they were together and he’d recognize the sounds of her breathing when she was asleep... and when she was only pretending.

Hell, he hadn’t planned on revealing himself to her. This was supposed to be a simple in and out situation. Drop in, check on her, and out again. So much for that plan. Time to improvise. “What the fuck is the point of havin’ a security system if you don’t use it?” he growled.

Damn it, she thought. The ass had to notice everything about her. Well, almost, she mused with an internal eye roll. “It doesn’t keep assassins out anyway.”

“You could at least make it harder for them to get to you.”

“No one’s been here for the last seven months.”

“And you’ve deemed that an acceptable amount of time to just let security protocols lapse?” She was safe, nothing had happened to her, so he didn’t know why he was taking this attitude with her.

“Are you here to give me a lesson in security? I’ve made it this far without being killed.” Her heart was hammering against her chest. She had dreamed about this moment so often but she had never thought it would come true and now that it had she didn’t know how to feel about it.

“Well, apparently you need a refresher course.” He started to take a step closer when she sat up, her movements slow, and he froze when the sheet slipped down to pool at her waist. His eyes were locked on her belly and his thoughts took off at light speed. “You’re... That’s...” He was fumbling for words and he wasn’t the type of man who fumbled. Ever. “What the hell did you do?”

“What the hell did ‘I’ do?” His face had paled and although she was nervous as hell, it amused her. Men with weapons wouldn’t scare him but this would.

“Who was it?” His teeth were grinding together so hard he could feel his head beginning to pound. Alfred had been under orders to keep her on the estate unless she was accompanied by one of the man’s security team, and even then, it wasn’t to happen often. “Which one of them was it?” He’d yank the asshole’s balls up through his throat.

“I’ve only ever been with one man,” she said, pissed when he assumed she had just slept with someone else right after saying goodbye to him.

He was sure every bit of color had leached from his skin at her implication. She was pregnant... with his child. What the hell was he gonna do now? He took a hesitant step forward. “You kept it.”

“Why does that surprise you?”

He shrugged. “After everything you went through I’d think you’d wanna be free of anything associated with me.” He inched closer. “Is it a boy?” Not that it mattered to him, he was just curious, he assured himself.

There was a slight hint of awe as well as gentleness in his tone and she started to feel bad about what was supposed to be a joke to freak him out. “No a girl, just more of my crazy genes.”

“Oh. Well, if a girl’s gotta have crazy genes yours are the way to go.” He could almost picture a mini version of Maria, a little girl with blonde hair, maybe his eyes, and a mischievous grin, and that almost pulled a smile out of him but he quickly shoved it back. It’s not like he’d be a good father. Hell, he wouldn’t know what to do with a kid. Someone like him shouldn’t even be allowed to have kids.

There were so many emotions running over his face in that moment that she couldn’t do it any longer. “I was expecting more of a freak out to be honest,” she said and pulled the top up.

“You’re more warped than I gave you credit for,” he bit out, confused by the relief that was overshadowed by disappointment at the realization that she wasn’t pregnant. He stalked over to her and snatched the pillow up, his hand gripping it so tightly that his knuckles turned stark white from the pressure.

“Well, thanks I guess. This coming from you...”

“Why would you even pull a sick stunt like that?”

“Why would you sneak in here in the middle of the night?” she countered

“I don’t see what one thing has to do with the other.”

She sighed and got out of the bed to be on more eye level with him, not caring that she was only wearing the top and some lacy panties. “Tell me why you’re here.”

His eyes darkened as they slid over her form appreciatively. There was a time she’d have run like a scared rabbit if he’d caught her in something so revealing. But not anymore. No, now she was ready to stand toe to toe with him without blinking an eye regardless of what she was wearing. His eyes took one more lazy stroll, tracing over the familiar dips and hollows, and against his better judgment he felt heat shoot through his veins. She snapped her fingers and his head shot up. “What?”

“Why. Are. You. Here.” His eyes had moved over her body, she had witnessed it, and although she tried her best to stay in control, her stomach was exhibiting that familiar funny sensation.

“To make sure you’re okay.” It sounded like an excuse to see her even to his own ears.

“You didn’t have to come in here to make sure.”

He stared at her, his mind once again taking up the battle that was never far from his thoughts. She was his, had been his since that first day. But was it right to take her away from the security and safety she’d found here when he couldn’t make any promises? She was so close he couldn’t concentrate on anything but her – the scent of her sleep warmed skin, the feel of the heat coming off of her body, the soft curves that fit so perfectly against his own hard planes, and those lips that kept moving even though he seemed to have lost the ability to focus on the words that passed them.

His right arm shot out to wrap around her and pull her up against his body. He held her tightly and when she opened her mouth he took it in a bruising kiss, silencing what might have been a protest.

Maria felt her resistance melting away as soon as he kissed her roughly. She gave in to him and her hands came to grab the collar of his leather jacket tightly as she kissed him back.

It was so easy to get lost in his kiss but there was the fear in the corner of her mind. That fear reminded her how she had felt when he left her the first time and it gave her renewed strength to end this moment of weakness and she pulled back enough to look at him – his eyes so dark and full of passion.

“Michael,” she rasped, “don’t do this if you don’t plan to stay.”

Did he? He didn’t believe anyone could promise forever. People changed over time so how did they know what they wanted today was going to remain the same a year or five down the road? She’d never asked for forever from him though, had she? She knew better than most there were no guarantees in life. She knew him in a way no one else on this rock knew him. His hands traced over her back and sides, his fingers pausing as they mapped the scars from the bombing. She had been safe here so far but he’d never intended for her to remain here long term. “I can’t stay,” he said finally.

Her heart sank and disappointment spread while she tried to move out of his reach. She should have known. Why did he have to do this to her a second time?

He held onto her tightly, refusing to let her go. Why fight something they both wanted? “I don’t know what’s gonna happen down the road, but if you wanna give this a shot I’ve got this great place in the Maldives...”

Her attempts to get away stopped at his last words and she stared at him in disbelief. “How do you know it’s great? You said you’d never been there.”

He huffed an annoyed breath. “Woman, if I’ve put that much money into securing it and making sure it was a good location do you think it’d be less than great?”

She shrugged with a little smile.

He’d never seen the place in person but he’d spent a significant amount of money on it. “You’ll still be able to do all the research for Barkley if you want to.” His security measures extended to every corner of the compound, internet connections included.

She tipped her head to one side and studied him. “You’re serious about this.”

“M’ria,” he grumbled, “would I be here if I wasn’t serious?”

“I dunno, I don’t think you really planned to let me know you were here when you sneaked in.”

“Quit psychoanalyzing me.” Why did she have to talk so fuckin’ much and dig into the meaning behind every little thing?

“The moment you quit runnin’ away from me.” She boxed his side.

“Look, I’m here and the place in the Maldives is waitin’. You in or not?”

He wasn’t going to give her much of a promise, she thought, knowing this was a huge step for him. “I’m in.”

“I suppose you’ll wanna let Barkley know before takin’ off.”

“Anything else would be rude.”

He nodded and his focus shifted to the feel of her pressed up against him. “Probably be rude to wake him up in the middle of the night to tell him,” he murmured as he slowly lowered his head to nip at her lips.

“Yeah, I guess we should wait for breakfast,” she muttered and leaned back a little. “Before we do this... did you manage to do what you were planning to do when you left?”

His brow pulled down in a frown. “I wouldn’t be here unless he was dead.”

She nodded. “Okay.”

“There’s always the chance that there are other members of the Circle out there, but we’ve taken out the most dangerous components of the organization.”

“I know there’s no guarantee, but it’s good enough.”

He studied her for a few minutes, his eyes tracing over her moonlit features. She wasn’t just talking about the Circle, he decided. “Then we’ll talk to Barkley in the morning, tell him you’ll be workin’ from a remote location. But that’s hours away,” he muttered gruffly.

“We could still sleep a few hours,” she teased.

“Woman,” he growled as he backed her up towards the bed, “neither of us have gotten laid since the last time we were together so if you think we’re about to crawl into bed to do nothin’ more than sleep we’re gonna have to negotiate.”

She inhaled deeply. “You serious?”

He mentally backtracked, going over his last comment and giving himself a kick for admitting the ugly truth. He cleared his throat and glared at her. “Would I admit somethin’ like that if I wasn’t?”

A smile spread across her face and she leaned forward to kiss his nose.

“Your aim’s a little high,” he teased in an attempt to cover the goofy smile he could feel creeping over his face in response to her happiness. Assassins did not stand around wearing goofy smiles. Not even if they were no longer in the business.

“My aim is just fine as long as I don’t have to use a gun.” She kissed him properly this time.

“You’ll get better.” His hands slipped down over her sides, sliding around to cup her ass.

“I guess I have a good teacher.” She groaned at his touch.

He smirked at her reaction. “Hope you like lots of homework.” The words were muffled against her skin as his lips trailed along her neck.

“Only if homework means actual practice.”

“I’m sure as hell not interested in anything else.” His hands dropped to her thighs so he could lift her up, bringing her mouth level with his. “Never was much good unless it was hands-on learnin’.”

“Yeah, you seem that type,” she breathed against his lips. Being back in his arms felt surreal. Was she dreaming or was this really happening?

He chuckled roughly and when her legs locked around him his hands shifted back up to squeeze her ass. He started to make a smart ass comment but found himself transfixed by the look in her eyes. After a moment he opened his mouth, admitting something he’d never in his life expected to hear come out of his mouth. “I missed you.”

Oh God, she really must be dreaming, because she couldn’t see him saying that for real. Yeah, it was a dream and she would enjoy it as long as it lasted. “I missed you more.”

He didn’t know if it was possible to gauge something to intangible so he just shrugged one shoulder and lowered her to the bed. She shifted beneath him, lining their bodies up perfectly and he groaned when he felt her heat searing him.

Her small hands wandered over his rough hard body, searching out any skin they could reach. He was warm and even kind of soft in some places, where there weren’t any scars.

He hadn’t been lying with his admission. He’d missed her. Most of the time he’d shoved that thought to the back of his mind, knowing it was too risky to entertain it. His calloused hands caught on the lacy material of her panties but in spite of the temptation he changed directions and pushed up the silky top she wore to bare her flesh to his hungry gaze.

“I dreamed about this almost every night,” she confessed, one of her hands now locked in his hair. “I saw you again the moment you knocked on my car window, pretending to want to help me while you were the reason for the damage in the first place.”

“Yeah?” His lips followed the path of his hands as he relearned her hot zones. “You change the outcome of that first meetin’?” he asked, pausing a moment before running his tongue around her nipple. “Fantasize a different outcome?” He sucked on the hard nub, making her squirm against him. He released her and blew a heated breath over her wet flesh. “Maybe imagined me takin’ you in your car that day?”

She chuckled huskily. “Sometimes, yes. And then sometimes I give you a piece of my mind for wanting to kill me and then we make out on the hood.”

His right eyebrow lifted in interest. “Really?” He shifted to make sure her other breast didn’t feel neglected. “We’re gonna have to make sure we bring those fantasies to life.”

“Switch the car for a boat though?”

“Your fantasy, your choice,” he muttered agreeably and started to work his way back down.

“Gonna be our fantasies for now.”

“Baby, I’ll take you anywhere, anytime. Car, boat, plane, train, in the house, on the beach...” He dipped his tongue into her navel before continuing, pausing at the waistband of her panties and using his teeth to pull it down.

Maria shuddered at the thought and lifted her lower body from the mattress to help him remove her panties, only now realizing that she was naked while he still had all of his clothes on.

He took his time removing her panties, enjoying her response as she urged him to hurry. As long as he’d waited for this there was no way in hell he was rushing it. He sat back and slipped the scrap of material off of her perfect legs and tossed it over his shoulder, resting his hands on his thighs and just looking at her for a few moments. When her gorgeous legs shifted, pressing together, he chuckled and his rough palms rasped against her calves as he leaned forward, gently forcing them apart.

“You’re taking an awful long time,” she complained and leaned forward to drag him down with her hands grabbing the front of his shirt.

“And you’re in an awful big hurry,” he countered, letting her pull him down but stopping his descent with his hands planted on either side of her. He kissed her so hard and deep she could feel it in her core. He pulled back and left her panting against the pillows as his hand slipped between them to touch her, bringing her lower body up off of the bed.

Wow, she only now noticed how much she had missed his touch, really. Pressing her body as close to him as possible, she hoped that this feeling would last forever and he wouldn’t leave in the near future.

He smirked at her reaction and rasped his stubbled chin against the rise of her breast. “Think that feels good?” He didn’t wait for an answer, lowering himself just enough to make sure their bodies made contact as he maneuvered his way back to his destination.

“You’re still wearing too much,” she muttered without making much of an attempt to change it.

He chuckled and his heated breath ghosted over her skin. He pressed a kiss to the top of each thigh and shuffled around when she shifted to give him more room. “We could discuss that,” he mused, pretending to give it serious thought, “or we could do somethin’ else.” And without warning he parted her folds and ran his tongue over her.

“Ohhh,” was all the answer she gave while her hands clenched into the blankets underneath them. Who cared about his clothes?

Seven months was entirely too long to go without getting laid and in spite of his actions his body was making its demands known. He didn’t draw it out as long as he wanted to, bringing her to the edge and sucking on her clit to push her over.

Her orgasm came fast and hard. She felt the warmth spreading in her body and her heart beating against her chest wildly – it was the best feeling ever.

Michael grinned at her muttered words interspersed with panting breaths, certain she had no idea she’d uttered that thought aloud. He made quick work of his belt, button and zipper, but paused to look at her before applying the condom he held. Fuck, being inside her without even that thin layer of protection had felt better than anything he’d ever felt before. He shook his head as he recalled the image of her ‘pregnant’ belly and ripped the package open. Taking her with him to his place in the Maldives was one thing but he knew he wasn’t ready for a kid, not anytime soon and maybe not ever.

Maria heard him moving around, but her vision was still blurry. Naked, warm skin touched her and she knew he was about to take her fully. “Michael.”

He’d have thought he couldn’t possibly get any harder but the sound of his name on her lips, spoken on a breathy moan, proved him wrong. Never in his life had he ever felt the need to possess a woman the way he did with her. He took a moment to let his gaze roam over her before he carefully lowered himself to her, guiding himself to her entrance and meeting her eyes in the moonlight before once again making her his in the most elemental way that existed.

She moaned and lifted her head to meet his lips with hers. “You came back to me,” she stated and bit him softly and passionately.

Had there ever been a doubt? He didn’t know. He’d pushed thoughts of her down at every turn but there was no escaping her memory. And what had made him nervous was the fact that he didn’t really want to. He’d killed Janus for many reasons, but at the heart of that decision was the knowledge that if the man was allowed to live he would one day target her. His lips lifted, his tongue sliding over the small bite and relishing the slight sting that accompanied it. “I came back,” he agreed and pulled back, thrusting again.

“Yeah,” she smiled and pushed his shirt off of his shoulders, which was still clinging to him. Her hands trailed down his strong upper arms, feeling scars as well as soft skin and hard muscle.

It was strange how her touch sent fire racing through his veins although he didn’t bother questioning it any longer. His muscles automatically tensed when her fingernails raked lightly over them. The slide of skin on skin was driving him crazy and his hand slipped down as he met her gaze. “Next time I’ll take longer,” he promised before taking her mouth in a hard, wet kiss.

“We’ve got a lot of time for a lot of times,” she whispered against his lips when he backed off to catch his breath.

He nodded and without further speaking his pace picked up, his expression intent as his sure fingers wrung one more orgasm from her before he sought his own pleasure.

The sounds he made when he came were so sexy. She doubted she would ever hear anything better.

And the best part was: He was hers! At least for now. And hopefully for a long while.

Michael flopped over on his back, bringing her with him to sprawl across his sated body as he fought to catch his breath. “You’re sure?” he asked after a while, his voice steady now that his breathing and heartbeat were back under control.

“Sure about what?” She rested her arm on his chest and looked at him.

“Goin’ with me.”

“Yes,” she answered without a hesitation.

He played with the fingers of her free hand, watching his thumb as he traced over each one. “Alex is still with Val.”

She inhaled sharply in surprise. “You met them?”

“Um-hmm.”

“On purpose?”

“No. They crashed my party.”

“Party?” She frowned.

He shrugged. “Party ended and those of us left standing went our separate ways.”

Maria frowned but it only took a second before she put two and two together. “You met them on your hunt for Janus.”

“She’s kept him safe,” he said, hoping to deter her from getting stuck on thoughts of Janus. “Put a few pounds on his skinny frame.”

“It’s good to know that he’s okay and still has company.” She missed him and she missed Max and Liz like hell.

He knew where her thoughts were. “They’re okay too,” he said after a while. He’d kept tabs on them just to be sure, only acknowledging deep inside that he was doing it for her. He and Val had worked together to find a suitable place for them, someplace that met the criteria for their escape, and then sent the couple with Valenti and Harding to get them settled.

“You know?”

He shrugged one shoulder.

Maria lifted one eyebrow in question.

“What? No reason to wait around for them to screw it up.”

She smacked his chest lightly. “That’s bullshit.”

“Is not,” he denied lightly.

“Where are they?”

“Tellin’ you defeats the purpose.”

“I knew you were gonna say that.”

He laughed at her response. “Then why’d you ask?”

“Never hurts to try.”

He hoped she never stopped trying, regardless of what her goal was. “They’re safe where they are.”

“Yeah,” she laid her head on his chest, her cheek resting on the warm skin, “I trust you.”

And there went that weird churning sensation in his chest again. He lifted a hand to tangle his fingers in her hair. “So am I gonna get you naked on my beach?”

“Is it a lonely beach?”

“Completely private.”

“Then it’s a yes.”

He grinned. “You’re gonna love it.”

“Beach, sun and ocean?” She snorted. “Hell yeah.”

“You forgot sex... don’t forget lots of sex.”

“Food too I hope.”

“Well, you’ve proven yourself in the kitchen.” He smirked when that earned him a half-hearted smack against his side. “And we’re gonna need energy for all that sex.”

“I guess there’s not a grocery shop though.”

“Don’t need one. Got a guy who comes out, takes care of the grounds, and if necessary he’ll pick groceries up and haul them out to the island. Or if you prefer to do crap like grocery shopping yourself we can take the boat to the mainland.”

“Main island is the correct term.”

His right eyebrow lifted when she corrected him. “Really? You’re gonna lay there an’ school me in the proper terminology?”

“I googled it,” she shrugged. “And really the main island is still smaller than some cities here.”

“Fine, call it whatever you wanna call it.” He didn’t really care what it was called as long as he could get supplies there.

“When do we leave?”

“As soon as we can get you packed and you make arrangements with Barkley about your work for him.”

She smiled against his chest and breathed in deeply. She couldn’t wait.
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 82 - 10/30/16

Post by Roswelllostcause »

It is good that all the couples are safe and will be getting on with their lives.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

and don't forget the "lots of sex".....
Thanks,
Carolyn
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Totally worth the wait! YES YES YES!!! They are back together, Janus is dead and Michael is taking Maria to the Maldives. WOOHOO!!!!
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

JOEHOE!!!!!!!

And that's all i'm sayng this time! 8)
Take a look at Eva's world
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Epilogue

Post by Double Trouble »

roswelllostcause: It’s been a long road to reach this point but they’re finally there!

keepsmiling7: Lol, it’s definitely a top priority!

sarammlover: Yep, they’re back together and off to paradise!

Eva: Lol, that’s all that needed to be said!

Epilogue

Michael stepped out onto the sun-warmed deck off of the master bedroom, stretching lazily as he looked around. The island was small, just over a hundred acres, but it belonged to him free and clear. The house had a spacious floor plan and he hadn’t spared any expense on comfort, although over the past year Maria had made more than one change. Well, she called them improvements, and most of the time he agreed with her.

She still worked for Barkley and she loved her job as a researcher. Sometimes she needed to do more than simple information gathering through books and online searching so they packed up and headed out so she could do some hands-on research. He didn’t mind those excursions so much; he was careful to conceal their identities and it got them off the island for more than hitting the markets on the mainland.

“Main island, Michael.” He could practically hear her exasperated tone as she corrected him for the millionth time.

His bare feet slapped against the deck as he made his way along the back of the house. He did a perimeter check, an ingrained habit that had served him well, and took the five steps down to the four-foot-wide wooden walkway that bordered the house. Stepping off of that his feet sank into warm sand and he leaned over to dip his fingertips in the small in-ground pool, checking the temperature before setting off through the trees.

He passed the hammock strung between two trees, a choice location since it was perfect to enjoy the outdoors without being in direct sunlight if one fell asleep, which they often did. Over on his right there was a pit lined with benches carved from the native trees and covered with plush pillows that curved around a wooden table. More than enough room for a dozen people should they ever want to entertain, he thought as he followed the well worn path down to the beach, pausing to admire the view.

The ocean was its usual stunning aqua and so clear you could see the ocean floor and coral reef below. The sky was a crisp blue, so vibrant it was almost painful to look at it. The sand appeared almost white and stretched out for miles. The sun was shining high in the sky, casting its bright light over everything. And it was all lost on him as he took in the woman lying on a towel several hundred feet down the beach.

Even after more than a year she never failed to stop him in his tracks. He’d wondered more than once in the past if that would get old, but he had yet to tire of looking at her, being with her. It had surprised him how easily they had fallen into a comfortable routine after coming to the island. Oh, they’d had plenty of fights in that time and they still cropped up from time to time, and admittedly, there were times he started a fight just to get her all worked up. He suspected there were times she did the same though so he figured they were on even ground there.

His eyes traced over the perfect lines of her body as she lay there soaking up the sun’s rays, enjoying the heat against her bare skin. He grinned when she shifted and he knew she was aware of his presence. He ambled over to join her, feeling his body react when she raised herself up on her right elbow and shaded her eyes with her free hand.

“You’re overdressed,” she said, unconsciously licking her lips as her eyes traveled over his bare torso, pausing on the low-slung jeans that he hadn’t bothered to button.

“Actually, you’re underdressed,” he countered as he forced his eyes up to meet hers.

She snorted indelicately. “Since when?”

Her confidence was such a turn-on. “Well,” he nodded his head to the east where a small speck was becoming more noticeable, “since we’ve got company inbound.” He chuckled at the disbelieving look she shot at him.

“Who?” She sat up more.

“People,” he answered noncommittally.

“People,” she muttered and stood, grabbing the light sundress she had brought with her and pulling it over her head.

He grinned and grabbed her hand. “C’mon, let’s head over to the dock.” He shot one more look at the seaplane. “We should get there about the same time they do.”

Her heart was pounding as she hurried to keep up with him. “Who is it, Michael? Tell me!”

He shrugged again. “People on a plane, coming in from Colombo. Sri Lanka,” he added when she frowned at him.

“And you think after a year with you I’d believe you’re letting random people come here?”

“Did you hear me say the word ‘random’?”

“Well if they’re not random, then... is it Tess and Kyle?”

“Maybe they’re havin’ engine trouble and radioed because they needed a place to land.”

“Bullshit,” she straightened her dress.

He gestured to the path that led back up to the house. “Would you like to go do whatever it is you do when you’re getting ready and I’ll go get ‘em?” he asked when she started fussing with her clothes again.

“If you’d tell me who it is, I’d know the answer.”

“You’ll wanna see ‘em. Is that answer enough for you?”

She glanced at the plane once more. It had to be Tess and Kyle! She smiled and nodded excitedly.

“Then go do what you need to do and I’ll bring ‘em up to the house.”

“Okay,” she jogged forward. “Some panties should work better.”

He reached out to smack her ass. “Depends on what your intentions are.” He laughed when she turned long enough to stick her tongue out at him. A few minutes later he stood at the end of the dock, thumbs hooked in his back pockets as he watched the seaplane descending in the distance. He glanced at the floating dock he’d had installed to make it easier for unloading supplies, making sure everything was as it should be.

He heard the sound of the engine change as it was dropped back to idle and his attention turned back to the plane as it coasted across the water, piloted by a steady hand, and guided into the dock with ease. He could feel the gusts of wind from the propeller but after a couple of minutes it was shut down and the windows came into clear view. He stepped forward and leaned in to grab the side door, pulling it open and motioning for the occupants to disembark.

“Let me out, I’m sick,” Max held his stomach as he moved past everyone else to leave the plane first, his face as white as a sheet of paper.

Michael frowned as the guy rushed over to the edge of the dock and bent over, hands braced on his knees as he drew in deep gulping breaths. “I take it flyin’ doesn’t agree with you,” he said by way of greeting.

Max just held a finger up in the universal ‘give me a second’ gesture and concentrated on his stomach.

The next to escape from the confines of the small plane, Liz chuckled. “Michael, so good to see you again.”

He nodded. “I hope he hasn’t been tryin’ to throw his liver up for the past hour and a half.”

“Very nicely said,” Kyle snorted as he jumped down on the wooden pier and went to give his old friend a guy hug.

He smirked and shrugged as he pounded his buddy on the back. “How’s life been treatin’ you, Valenti?”

“Good, ever since we left the drama behind. How about yourself?”

“Good. Peaceful in my corner of the world. Don’t really have any major complaints.”

“That’s new,” Val said when she showed up next to them.

Michael turned his head to look at her, taking in the changes that a year out of the life had made in her. She looked good, relaxed and if he were to hazard a guess, happy. “Val.” He chuckled when he caught sight of Whitman close by. “See your shadow’s still on your six.”

“Well, isn’t it good to see you again,” Alex shook his head at the good old charming way of the other man. “Where’s your better half?”

“Back at the house. Had to go do whatever it is women do when they think they need to get ready for damn near anything.”

“Bet you didn’t even tell her we were coming.” Tess was the last to join them and she smacked Michael’s head lightly.

“Well, it wouldn’t be a surprise if she knew, would it?” He rolled his eyes at her. “Evans, have you resettled your internal organs yet?”

“I think I’m good.” He made a face.

“Yeah? Good. I’d hate to see that tray of raw oysters on the half shell go to waste.” He laughed when the guy’s skin tone turned a shade of green that was in no way natural and slapped him on the back. “I’m kiddin’, Evans. I wouldn’t get near those things with a ten-foot pole.”

“OH MY GOD!” A loud squeal was heard in the distance and heads jerked up and turned when they saw Maria down the beach, jumping up and down like crazy with one hand over her mouth.

Michael turned around and his hands rested on his hips as he shot a mock glare in her direction. “What part of ‘I’ll bring ‘em up to the house’ did you not understand?”

She mimicked his gesture. “You didn’t really think I would wait that long, did you?”

“Well, considering how long it takes you to get ready any other time...” He let his words trail off and grinned at her as he stretched his right arm out in the direction of their guests.

Maria’s smile broke loose, so wide it almost felt like her face would split in two. “I can’t believe you guys are here.” With that she ran towards them and grabbed Liz first for a tight hug.

He remained rooted to the spot, just watching the reunion and enjoying the expression of sheer happiness on her face.

“Maria.” Liz returned the hug with joy, so happy and relieved to see her friend again. “It looks like you landed in a good spot.”

“It comes pretty close to paradise,” she muttered and then leaned back to look at her old friend. “With you guys here I think it is.”

“I can’t believe we’re here!” She shook her head, her eyes sparkling. “I really thought we wouldn’t see you again until we met up after two years. I almost went into a panic when we were contacted, worried that our location had been compromised.”

They had carved out a nice life in their little corner of the world. They hadn’t had any idea what the future held or even where they were going when they got on that plane with Tess and Kyle over a year ago. It had been terrifying and they were so far out of their own realm of reality that it had been a blessing when they had been informed that arrangements had already been made for them.

New identities had been created, jobs secured based on their knowledge and experience, and an estate that went far beyond anything they could’ve imagined had come with the package. The jobs kept them out of the public eye, allowed them to work from the seclusion of their new home, and surprisingly enough as time passed they found themselves not only settling into their lives, but enjoying themselves again.

They had been relocated to Montego Bay, Jamaica, and set up at one end of the island in a gated home that was easily large enough for a dozen people to live in and probably never all cross paths in a single day. Their trust funds had unexpectedly multiplied many times over thanks to the help of a couple of interfering assassins.

For the first few months they had been wary about venturing beyond the borders of their new property, but as time passed they began to broaden their horizons. They had become familiar faces at the markets and now employed a couple of locals to handle the house and gardens, giving them plenty of time to work without interruption. This unexpected trip was the first time they had left the island, intent upon taking their safety and well-being seriously.

Maria hugged each of them in turn before returning to Michael. “How’d this happen?”

He stared at her for a few moments before shrugging. “I dunno.” He reached out and trailed his finger over her cheek. “Figured if there was one thing that’d make your birthday perfect it’d be bringing them to you.” Plus, this way he could control the environment and make sure the reunion happened under circumstances that were secure and monitored.

Her birthday was only a few days away. “So you guys are gonna stay a while?”

“You’re definitely stuck with me for a while,” Max said as he leaned back against the railing on the pier. “Because it’s gonna take some time before I’m ready to climb back into that deathtrap she calls a plane.”

Tess snorted. “That plane is perfectly sound.”

“That sardine can with wings is not fit for flight.”

Kyle laughed and pushed away from the railing, slapping Evans on the back when he passed him. “It’s not as bad if you just don’t sit there with your eyeballs stuck to the window.”

Max shook his head. Ninety minutes in that tin can had felt like an eternity and pockets of turbulence were a million times worse in something that small. “I hope you have a decent selection of alcohol on the island because before I get back on that thing I’m gonna need to consume massive amounts of it.”

“We have anything you could possibly need,” Maria assured him as she settled against Michael’s side and his arm came to rest around her shoulders. She looked up at her lover. “So?”

“You’ve got ‘em for a week,” he said, unable to control the smile that broke free in response to her happiness. It was something that had gotten progressively easier the longer they were together and the motion no longer felt so unnatural.

Maria blinked, overwhelmed by his attempt to give her a happy birthday. Standing on her tiptoes, she breathed a kiss against his lips. “Thank you.”

“Damn, Bane’s gone all soft,” Kyle muttered, smacking Tess’ ass. “Let’s find a private spot on the beach and take a dip, babe.”

“That’s gotta be hell for a former assassin,” Max snickered, feeling no remorse whatsoever after that raw oyster comment.

Tess rolled her eyes at them and gave her husband a push. “I’d imagine it can’t be all that difficult to find a private spot around here.” She and Kyle both loved the seclusion of their home on Lake Erie, and beyond charters had rarely ventured out since returning home after depositing Evans and Parker off in their new location, but there was something to be said for a vacation such as this.

“If you go right through the tree line you’ll hit the other side of the island in less than a minute,” Maria said. “There’s a beautiful reef and you can watch the mini sharks close to the shoreline.”

“They’ve got a preference for white meat so you might wanna think twice about losin’ your pants, Valenti,” Michael growled.

Maria elbowed him with an eye roll. “They’re harmless.” Turning to the others she checked on Max. “Whenever you feel better we’ll have some lunch.”

He smiled gratefully. “That sounds good. The fresh air and wide open space is already doin’ wonders.”

“You’re gonna be okay soon.” Liz ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek.

“Oh wow, what you got there Miss Parker?” Maria took a few steps toward her brunette friend and pulled at her hand, glancing at the ring.

“Actually, Mrs. Evans, or well, Baker for our cover names.”

“You guys finally did it.” She smiled as her thumb brushed over the ring, wishing she hadn’t had to miss such an important occasion. She threw her arms around both of them. “Congratulations!”

Max smirked down at his wife. “Was never a question if, only when.”

Maria punched his arm lightly. “Anyone who ever saw the two of you in the same room knew that.”

“Tell me you two aren’t married yet,” Michael muttered when Val and Alex followed him down to the beach. He was happy that Maria was happy but he still wasn’t the romantic kinda guy and never would be.

“Not yet,” she said, biting back a laugh at his customary growl. While he’d never wanted the significant other, family and the whole nine yards, she’d yearned for it, so maybe in a way it was easier for her to roll with the changes.

Beside her, Alex just smiled quietly and let his thumb trace over the engagement ring that encircled the middle finger of her left hand. It hadn’t been noticed yet but he saw no need to draw attention to it if she didn’t. She was his and for him that was all that mattered.

Michael stumbled when Maria attacked, jumping on his back and hugging him from behind, nuzzling his neck. “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

He chuckled and reached back to steady her legs and carry her piggyback style. “Yeah, whatever,” he mumbled gruffly.

Liz glanced up at Max and smiled as all of their friends walked in front of them, wrapped up in small conversations in one of the most beautiful places in the world. “What an ending to this story, huh?”

Who would have thought that out of cruel, risky and anxious times something so strong could come out? Ever since they had met Maria, she had been this curious, unsure and yet brave woman, who had looked for answers and truth. A part of her was still that woman, but she seemed more settled and aware of who she was now.

“Yeah,” he snorted, “what an ending indeed.”

The End… Or Is It?

A/N: For the past eight years we’ve been running full steam ahead, writing non-stop and as we post the final chapter of The Assassin we’re taking this opportunity to step back. For good? For a while? At this point, we’re not sure. We’ve written 15 fics, 8,105 pages and 3,352,309 words in that time. It’s been a great ride and we’re leaving the door open because you just never know, we could decide to come back at some point.

Right now, we’re taking a rest and refocusing our efforts into a new endeavor. We’ve decided to turn our creativity loose and take on the challenge of writing a novel. It’s something we know we’ll enjoy pursuing and that we’ll be able to take at our leisure, which thanks to current workloads, will be a huge benefit for us.

We’ve had a blast writing for the Roswell fandom and continue to appreciate every reader and review we’ve had over the years. Thanks for the support from all of you guys!

Angel & Steffi
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Epilogue - 11/6/16

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great end. Enjoyed this very much.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

Oh, Angel & Steffi, I'm going to miss you girls! From the first second you both started writing, I was hooked. You found the best way to write stories and you balance each other out! Could you give me a sign when the novel's completed? Angel knows how to find me. I wouldn't miss that moment for no money in the world!
But can I feel a bit sad too? Roswell fanfiction will miss Double Trouble enourmsly! With me on the front row!

Anyway, thank you very much for every written fic and the joy they brought me while reading them!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodnight!
Take a look at Eva's world
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I am sad that your stories for Roswell fandom are coming to a close.
But you two gals have such a special talent, I have no doubt that novel will be a complete success.
Thanks for all of your time and prompt posting through the years.
You have given me and many others so much reading pleasure.
We wish you the very best,
Carolyn

Oh yes, I especially liked it when Michael was reflecting on being a father. Great part!