THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Epilogue - 11/6/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 34 - 9/20/15

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I love the way Max and Liz are with each other. Max needs to ask Liz to marry him in a vey romantic way. Cool Max got Liz a ring already. I agree with Max and Liz they need to find a normal life where there were not in danger or getting chased. I hope Max and Liz will find somewhere to hide and be safe. Will, Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Alex and Val all meet up and tell each other what they found?

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Oh that is so not good! Michael has a kill switch inside him! Uh Max that is so not how you ask the woman you love to marry you!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Max and Liz as middle aged couple........great disguise. Loved their discussion of sex at that age.......just ease into it for sure!
Thanks,
Carolyn
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Talk about blue balls :lol:

Least she knows how to take better care of herself... fighting and shooting that is. :wink:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Aww I love it. Leave it to Max & Liz to talk about proposing whilst their on the run. :lol: It was just the right amount of levity to this crazy situation especially after finding out poor Michael might die. At least we know it hasn't taken effect yet since his sex drive is just fine. :lol:

Oh Maria, I get why she asked for things to slow down as she should have her first time the way she envisioned it to be but if she wants it with Michael there are some things she is going to have to let go of. I wonder if Mike will even try again or want to try again even. He would have to try to seriously change his way of being just for her. Not that he hasn't done that somewhat already (case in point present scenario) so perhaps that's proof enough that he can do it if really wants to.

I feel for Maria though. I just hope she can take something positive from this situation and not just dwell on the negatives. I bet it will take some time but this situation certainly has a way of accelerating things.

Looking forward to reading more. Great part. Loving each new element you both add.
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

I am so glad Alex found out about the kill switch in Michael! WHEW! I just hope they can get it out in time. And I really enjoyed this Max and Liz. I am glad I was wrong about them at the beginning. THey aren't bumbling idiots after all. HA HA HA! Great update. Always so exciting every week!
Double Trouble
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Double Trouble »

begonia9508: No, Michael’s never learned the proper way to treat a woman... and he’s never cared to learn.

L-J-L 76: Thanks! Lol, Max and Liz have their own way of doing things for sure. There’s a lot that will have to happen before any of them can go on to have a life outside of this mess. Will they ever be able to have a normal life? That’s hard to say. There is a plan in place to get them off the radar.

Roswelllostcause: Yeah, not good news. Lol, maybe not, but that’s just what he did.

keepsmiling7: Val chose the right disguises for them. Lol, yeah, no need to rush into it.

Earth2Mama: No doubt!

Yeah, she’s a step closer there.

Alien_Friend: Lol, they do keep it entertaining. Yeah, if his sex drive takes a nosedive he’s gonna be all kinds of unpleasant.

Yeah, it’s gonna be a fine balancing act on both sides because they’re two very different people. Changes can be made if they want it so we’ll see.

Yep, lol, and that acceleration is something that really works in their favor in certain aspects.

sarammlover: They won’t waste any time. Lol, well... he might have bumbled through that proposal. Thanks!

Part 35

It was almost noon when the cell on the kitchen counter started to buzz. Michael got out of his seat with a thankful sigh, because all the sitting around and waiting was starting to get on his nerves. He was used to being in constant motion. When was the last time he had spent so much freaking time in the same place?

He hadn’t seen Maria since she had retreated into the bedroom after their ‘encounter’ the day before and he had camped out on the couch in the living room rather than go to bed and face her. Why had he let it go that far in the first place? He needed to be professional about this and making out with a virgin on the floor was as far away from being professional as he could think of.

“You better have some good news,” he answered the phone.

“Afraid not, Bane,” Valkyrie said dryly.

He leaned against the counter and stared out the window. “So shoot.”

“Alex found something out about the trackers. According to his research the damn things will reactivate if they aren’t removed completely.”

That got his attention and he could swear he could feel the thing in his back just at the mention of it. “Reactivate how?”

“Not sure about the how, but the point is: it needs to go, because it could affect your brain or worse it could kill you and possibly your civilian too.”

“What do you mean it could affect my brain?”

Alex started to rattle off the facts they knew in the background. He heard him typing on the keyboard every now and then while he spoke. “It should be removed immediately.”

“Have you noticed any changes in your behavior?” Valkyrie took the lead of the conversation again. “Lack of appetite, any disorientation, or lack of sex drive?”

Immediately, his thoughts flew back to the day before and he snorted. “Are you serious?”

She sighed. “We’ve already talked to Kyle and Tess. They’ll be joining you shortly to remove the device.”

Michael didn’t like the idea but they didn’t have a lot of options. Val seemed to believe what Whitman had found out and if it was true, then the thing was better removed today than tomorrow. “Understood.”

Alex snorted at his monotone answer. “Let me talk to Maria.”

“Why?”

“Because she needs to know the warning signals in case you go into killing mode.”

“I’ve been in that mode my entire life,” he muttered as he turned and hollered for Maria.

Alex waited patiently, but other than the angry breathing of the other man, he couldn’t hear anything. “Well, is she comin’?”

“Not at this rate,” he snarled under his breath.

“Maybe you could go an’ get her?”

He huffed impatiently and stalked down the hall, not bothering to respond to the man on the other end of the phone. He barged into the bedroom without knocking. “Hey, quit ignoring me an’ get your ass up.”

Maria woke up from a light doze and tried to focus. How long had she been in bed? She couldn’t tell. It felt like almost a full day but it couldn’t be that long, right? Her body was telling her it needed more rest though. Maybe the events of the last week had finally taken its toll on her. It certainly felt that way.

Slowly she rolled over to look at the angry man in the doorframe. “Did you call?” she rasped. “I didn’t hear you.” Memories of their last encounter were still humiliating, but she hadn’t planned on ignoring him. They were both to blame for what had happened.

“Are you deaf?” he snapped. “I told you...” he frowned as he moved further into the room, his eyes narrowed as they traveled over her features. “Are you sick?” He’d assumed she was just hiding out and ignoring him because she was embarrassed but she didn’t look very rested.

“I’m just tried,” she said and sat up. The room spun for a moment, but thankfully it stopped. “What is it?”

“Phone.” He tossed it on the bed next to her after studying her for a moment and then he turned and left her alone. She’d had plenty of time to sleep since she’d been hiding in her room so he couldn’t see how she could be tired. He shook his head. It was probably just PMS. He’d have Tess take a look at her to be sure.

Maria frowned and felt around for it. “Hello?” she asked after lifting it to her ear.

“Hey, girl, how’re you doin’?” He didn’t like the way Michael had been talking to her. The guy hadn’t struck him as the most friendly or social out there, but his words were a lot more cutting than they’d been when they had stopped in for their brief visit.

“Freaking tired, Alex. How are you? Everything okay?”

“Well, we’re not under fire or anything, but I did uncover somethin’ pretty disturbing while I was working on the encryption codes for the files.”

“Disturbing?” She made a face. “More bad news?”

“Yeah, this group that employs these assassins, they’re a lot sicker than we imagined.” He took his glasses off and pinched the bridge of his nose. “The trackers they implanted in their assassins... they serve more than one purpose.”

“Uh-huh. And what is it?” She leaned her back against the headboard and tried to fight the weakness in her limbs. Maybe she needed to eat something.

He frowned at the lack of interest in her tone. “They have what’s called a kill switch, Maria. If his tracker comes back online they can send a signal to it and basically flip that switch. We’ve been in contact with Tess and Kyle and they’ll be headed your way soon. If she can get it out in time we can prevent that from happening. But it’s gonna take them some time to get there so you’re gonna have to keep your eyes open for certain behaviors that could indicate he’s a threat to you and himself.”

“God,” she held her head, “seriously? What kind of signals?”

“Well, there’re a few... lack of appetite, mood swings, irritability, headaches that hang on, and even though it’s probably nothing you’d be lookin’ for, lack of sex drive.”

She snorted, ignoring the uncomfortable last comment. “Mood swings and irritability? I’d say that’s normal behavior for that jerk.”

“Yeah, I realize those signals won’t be of much help. I figured if nothin’ else the lack of appetite would be a red flag considering how much food he packs away.”

“Yeah, true,” she pushed the blanket away and set her feet on the floor. “I’ll watch out for it.”

“You doin’ okay, Maria? He hasn’t done anything to you or... right?”

“No, no, Alex, he hasn’t hurt me. I guess my body just needs a break. We got smacked around pretty good before getting here.”

“Yeah, okay. Do me a favor, okay? When Tess gets there, let her have a look at you. For my sanity if nothin’ else.”

“If it makes you feel better,” she snorted.

“It’ll make me feel better,” he insisted. “They should be there in the next couple of days. Sooner if possible, it just all depends on what they run into.”

“Alright.” She glanced up when Michael materialized in front of her, his hand outstretched for the cell. She rolled her eyes. “Hey, I think he wants to talk to your companion again.”

Michael took the phone from her and held it up to his ear. “Have you heard from Sherlock an’ Watson?”

Valkyrie lifted the phone to her ear just as Michael snapped out the question and she smirked at the names he’d give the civilian duo they’d turned loose on an assignment. “No,” she frowned, “but they were supposed to contact you after collecting whatever was at the bank.”

“Are we still within their timeframe?”

“Yeah, the window hasn’t closed.” She checked her watch. “It’s getting close, but they’re probably just being overly cautious.”

“Better safe than sorry.” He glanced at Maria when she stood and was barely able to stay upright. “Give us a heads-up when ya know more.”

“There somethin’ wrong with your civilian?” she asked, shooting a glance at Alex. She’d overheard his questions and she could see the look of concern on his face.

“Not sure yet,” he muttered and reached out when Maria stumbled.

“Is there any information I need to relay to Tess and Kyle before they head for your location?”

“Just to make it fast.” He cut the call and threw the cell on the bed. “You need to eat.”

“Yeah,” she agreed quietly. She was tired, her body ached and she felt... disconnected.

Damn, this woman was going to be his death! “Hey,” he held her upper arms with both hands. “Are you alright?”

“I’m just tired and I guess I haven’t eaten since...” she shrugged. “I’m sure I’ll be fine after I eat.”

He nodded. “There’s half of a sandwich in the refrigerator. Eat it.”

“Okay.” She took a few steps towards the doorway, wincing when every bruise on her body seemed to start throbbing at the same time and the room seemed to swim before her eyes.

“Easy,” he muttered, walking after her in case she decided to slip again.

Kyle turned his head and reached up to give one delectable cheek a squeeze when Tess leaned over between the seats and presented him with the opportunity. He chuckled when she muttered under her breath and wiggled around as she tried to get to her equipment. She cursed when he hit another pothole and jostled the cases around and she reached back to slap his hand when he copped another feel.

“Kyle Valenti,” she warned, “so help me, if your horrible driving’s damaged any of this equipment – “

“Babe, that stuff could be dropped off a mountain and survive the fall with the way you packed it in.”

“Regardless of the packing it’s still very sensitive equipment.”

His hand slipped over her ass before giving it one more affectionate squeeze. “Yes, it is.” He leaned forward and grabbed the map he had sketched out from Valkyrie’s information off the dashboard, checking it and nodding to himself. “Looks like we’re just a couple miles out.” He nodded at something outside but she wasn’t looking. “We just passed that rock formation she described.”

Tess rolled her eyes as she wiggled her way out of the position her body was wedged into and dropped back down into her seat. “I think having a couple of civilians around might just be good for them.”

Kyle snorted and shot a glance at her. “You can’t honestly think they’re gonna stick around once this’s all over.”

She shrugged. “Why not? She’s already allowed him to stay with her.”

“Well, yeah, because he’s too involved to turn him loose now.” He checked the directions once more and reached for the burn phone, punching in a text and sending it. “Val has no interest in him beyond getting the answers she wants.”

“That’s all you think she wants?”

He sighed in exasperation when she looked at him expectantly. “What? Look, on his side I can see it, okay? She’s hot. Don’t give me that look. I’m sayin’ that from a purely observational standpoint. It’s a fact and it can’t be disputed. So yeah, from his side, there’s plenty to gain, but from her side?” He shook his head. “It’s not gonna go anywhere. The guy’s too normal and then there’s the reality that she’d never go for his type.”

“For an intelligent man you’re very dense sometimes.”

He motioned up ahead and she saw the house come into view. The garage door lifted and he saw Bane’s outline in the shadowed recesses. “I’m not dense, babe.” It was just the truth. Val and the geeky computer guy? No way. He just couldn’t see it. He pulled into the garage and the door closed behind them, leaving them in darkness for a few moments before the interior light was switched on. He ignored the look his wife was sending in his direction and climbed out of the car.

“I hope you’re relatively undamaged because she packed in enough equipment to down a small plane.”

“Val couldn’t give us any specifics, but since we had no way of knowing what kinda injuries either of them sustained it was best to be prepared.”

“You’ll have your hands full, Harding,”

“That bad?” she asked as she opened the back door and reached for the case she’d been so worried about.

“The transponder needs to go. And you’ll have to have a look at Maria.”

“Yeah, Val said she had a feeling somethin’ wasn’t right. Any idea what’s wrong with her?” She relinquished the case when Kyle reached for it, issuing a warning for him to be careful with it.

“You don’t have to be so bossy all the time.” He rolled his eyes and went ahead upstairs.

“I’m not sure what’s wrong with her. Maybe it’s just a virus or somethin’. She’s been constantly sleeping or dozing.”

“No vomiting, fainting, dizziness?”

“Dizziness for sure. Haven’t witnessed her tossing her cookies.”

“Any signs of concussion?” she pulled out the medical kit along with a case of supplies.

Bane took some of the equipment from her. “No, an’ I don’t think she suffered any hits to the head. She’s taken a lotta hits though, so plenty of bruises.”

“You could be lookin’ at internal bleeding.”

He had already considered that. “Yeah.”

“Where’s she at?”

He followed her upstairs and pointed down the hallway. “First door on the left.”

“Alright, it’ll take me a few minutes to get everything set up so why don’t you and Kyle go make some coffee or somethin’,” she said as she turned to look at him.

Bane rolled his eyes and tipped his head. “Hurry up, Harding. I wasn’t kidding when I said the transponder needs to go. They get in my head an’ we’re all dead.”

“Yeah, Val gave us a quick rundown on what’s goin’ on. Kyle knows what to watch for. Hopefully the symptoms will be more obvious in your case.” She snickered. “My man’s sooo not your type so no sex drive? He’d completely miss that symptom.”

“Funny. Get to work.” He wouldn’t admit it, but Maria’s silence had started to worry him. For the last 24 hours she hadn’t been herself.

Tess glanced at the woman on the bed, frowning at her listless appearance. She carried the largest case inside and set it down before going back for the others sitting in the hallway. Bane hadn’t yet moved; behavior that was odd for him. “When did she last eat?” she asked as she started opening the cases and setting her equipment up.

“Last night, but it wasn’t much.”

She nodded and made the necessary connections and turned the machine on. “Fluid intake?”

“I forced some water into her this morning.”

“Well, I’m sure that was pleasant.” She opened up the next case and went about the same process, connecting the wires and turning the laptop on, nodding when it came online. “Alright, get lost and let me get to work.”

Michael glanced into the room one more time and then stalked off to the kitchen without bothering to ask Kyle to join him.

She pulled a stethoscope out and hung it around her neck as she crouched down next to the bed. She reached out and gave the woman a gentle shake, waiting to see if she responded before starting her examination.

Maria groaned slightly when she was ripped out of the fog of sleep once more. “I’m so tired,” she muttered. “Something’s wrong.”

“Yeah, that’s what I’m here to figure out. Are you experiencing any pain?”

She frowned. “I don’t know. Everything feels... numb.”

That wasn’t good. “Have you had any tenderness anywhere? Or do you remember any before you started feeling numb?”

“My thigh and my left side were pretty tender.”

“I brought the equipment to take x-rays and do an ultrasound. You don’t have to get up for either of them and it’ll help narrow down what’s causing you to feel like this, okay?”

“Okay,” Maria agreed, glad that someone was there to find out what was wrong with her.

Tess worked in silence for a while, taking Maria’s vitals and then probing for any tenderness in the areas she’d mentioned. While there was bruising evident in multiple places it appeared that her thigh had taken the worst of the abuse. She did an ultrasound of her abdomen, making sure there were no signs of internal damage and then moved on to her thigh. She took a few films and while waiting for them to load on the screen she did an ultrasound of the area, confirming what she already suspected. She packed up the other equipment and then turned back to the laptop, tipping her head to one side as she studied the images between the two screens.

“Well, the good news is there’s no internal bleeding in your abdomen. That’s a very good thing. But the repeated injuries to your thigh have caused some pretty serious damage. It looks like it started to heal and often internal bleeding will heal itself, but for some reason it appears to have started again.”

Maria groaned into the pillow when she heard the bad news. “Can you fix this, Tess? Maybe we did more damage when I asked Bane to teach me some things.”

Her eyebrows shot up. “What was he teaching you?”

“Fighting tactics. How to defend myself.”

She nodded. “Well, that could’ve easily done it.” She probed the tissue around the bruising before sitting back. “Have you had any other muscle aches? Slight fever? Runny or stopped up nose?”

“Not sure about the fever, but no problems with my nose.”

“Well, the bleeding isn’t significant, which is a good thing. You aren’t showing any signs of compartment syndrome, which is also a very good thing because that would require immediate surgery. I’d suggest icing that thigh and staying off of it as much as possible for a few days. We’ll probably be here for a couple of days at least so I can take another look at it and see if the bleeding’s stopped. If it hasn’t we won’t have any choice. We’ll have to open the leg up and stop the bleeder.”

“Gosh, I hope that’s not necessary.”

Tess ran a hand through her hair. “Ice and rest, and you’re gonna have to do better as far as eating. Food and fluids are as important to your recovery as my other instructions.”

“If only I wasn’t so damn tired,” she muttered and tried to sit up a little.

“Well, like I said, you’re gonna be stuck with me and Kyle for a couple of days and not to brag or anything, but I am a damn good cook. For now though, I need to get downstairs and remove a tracker before it turns our favorite assassin even more deadly.”

“That’s a good idea,” she agreed. “He’s been irritated ever since he found out. Not that anyone could really blame him.”

“Maybe it’ll put him in a better frame of mind.” She chuckled and double checked the medical supplies before standing up. “I’ll send Kyle up in a few minutes with an ice pack for your leg. Ice it for about twenty minutes and then give it a rest. You should do it every hour or so. I know twenty minutes seems like a long time but you want it on there long enough for the cold to get into the deep tissue, otherwise you’re just wasting your time.”

“After almost freezing to death out there 20 minutes seem like child’s play,” Maria snorted and rested her head against the pillows piled behind her.

She chuckled. “Yeah, I guess that’s true.” She moved the ultrasound and x-ray cases back out of the way and picked her medical bag up. “Ten minutes and Kyle will be up with that ice. If you need anything just holler. I’m serious about you stayin’ off that leg as much as possible.”

“Will do. I don’t feel like moving around anyway.”

“Give it a few days and you’ll be back to feeling like your old self.” She left the room and made her way downstairs, following the muted voices and finding the men easily. “Okay, I’ve got your girl squared away so it looks like it’s your turn.” She set her bag on the table and crossed her arms over her chest. “What’d you do to piss her off?” she asked conversationally.

“Why the hell do you think I pissed her off?” Michael asked angrily. “And what’s wrong with her?”

“She’s back to calling you Bane,” she mused.

“She does that all the time,” he lied. “So? What’d ya find out?”

“Um-hmm.” She didn’t believe him and it came through in her voice. “There’s some internal bleeding in her thigh, probably exacerbated by your self-defense lessons. I want her to try icing it every hour for the next day and then I’ll take another look at it, see how it looks. If I can keep her off of it and caring for it as I’ve instructed we may avoid further damage and the need for surgery.”

Damn it, he thought. Had he been too hard on her? He’d known she had been bruised badly.

“There’s no way you could’ve known about the potential for internal bleeding,” she assured him. “Let’s get to work on you now.” She looked around and gestured to the table. “I suggest we cover the table and use it. The height’s good and so’s the lighting.”

“I’ll go talk to her for a moment while you get everything ready,” Michael said, not bothering to wait. Maybe they had their differences, but if something went wrong with the surgery he wanted her to know she was safe with the other couple.

She waved him off and glanced at her husband. “He’s rattled,” she said when she heard him taking the steps two at a time.

“Who’d have thought Bane would be able to care about anyone other than himself, huh?”

“Yeah.” She crossed the room and grabbed her laptop case off of the counter, pulling it out and turning it on. “It’ll never be possible for him to lead a normal life.”

“Little too late for that,” he agreed.

She pulled up the x-rays she’d taken at the clinic recently and leaned in closer to scan over the images. “I’ve never known him to give a shit what any woman thought.”

“He’s never met anyone from his past either.”

“That alone’s not enough to make him care about her one way or the other. He’s put his life on the line to protect her and that’s almost as far out of his comfort zone as caring for someone else.”

“So what’re you suggesting?” he asked.

She shook her head. “I have no idea. I just know whatever’s goin’ on between them won’t be easy.”

“An’ we know he won’t talk about it.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “Bane would sooner take a bullet than talk about anything personal.”
Fics: A Xmas Story - A Merry Mt. R. Xmas - Cupid's Revenge - Double Trouble - Double Date - Double Dare - Double Empire - Double Xmas Wish - In The Course Of A Lifetime - Mountains So High - Not A Question At All - Surrender - TIC TAC - Two Double Dates at Xmas
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: THE ASSASSIN - AU/CC/Adult - Part 35 - 9/27/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Let's see if Tess is able to get that tracker out. Hope that Maria is going to be ok.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

I hope Tess doesn't need to operate on Maria in such conditions... That could seriously spell trouble for them all.

I really hope that device gets outta Michael's head sooner rather than later.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

great part,
Thanks,
Carolyn