Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5, 1/14/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 6/1/15

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi Carrie,

I'm loving and the story. This was such a great chapter. I'm loving how Max can see through Liz walls. I'm not loving Jack he seem like an A**hole. I'm wondering what does he have on Liz? Or What does Jack have on Liz father? I'm glad Max was there to take care of Liz. I'm hopping Max and Liz will grow closer as friends. What's Max back story? I'm wondering how will he help Liz. Please post more soon!!!!

Special thanks too

claudialynn
Clari
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Clari »

bumping :!:
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie
Please please please please please please please please come back and post more. I really can't wait to find out what you will have happen next for Max and Liz. So please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 8/2/15

Post by jake17 »

Lizza x2
Roswelllostcause
Carolyn
Eve
Courtney
Cari

Thank you so much for your fb, and your support, so sorry for the long absence, I'm trying, promise to be better with the updates.

Chapter four

Two weeks passed by since the day Max patched her up at his apartment, after placing her in the diner and calling her a cab, two more Tuesday and Thursday sessions in Penelope’s Art class.

Thinking she was protecting Max she decided to keep her distance, noticing that Jack insisted on picking her up even after her car was fixed.

She made it a point to come in early staying in the bathroom until class was starting, and dashing behind the curtain in the back to change as soon as class ended.

But the dye was cast, a connection had formed that was beyond her control.

No matter how she tried her eyes focused on him every time, it was as if there was no one else in the room, as if she was posing for him and him alone.

Feelings stirred inside her that were new to her, like nothing she had ever known, her skin flushed a beautiful rosy pink when he began to paint her, dark pupils surrounded by a sea of ebony dilated wide, the pulse along her neck was rapid, causing her chest to flutter, it was lost to most, but not to him.

She was a living, breathing work of art, one that had invaded his dreams and ruled his listless days distracting him from his daily routines.

He abandoned all work unrelated to her, his loft had become a virtual shrine, works of Liz wallpapered his walls.

Portraits of her in charcoal, watercolor, oil, all different, all of her displaying the fascination he felt for her, the many versions he bared witnessed to during those sessions.

She was beyond an art project, far more than a muse, she had become a part of him, each passing day unknowingly revealing to him a new layer, an aspect of a lost dream, a hurt too deep to mend, a heart far too vulnerable to let someone in, she kept it well hidden from the world, but not to him, not the artist in him, the man that could see well past her well built walls.

With each session Liz was required to reveal more, she was never nude, not in the literal sense, not yet, but during this last Thursday class Penelope instructed her to expose more than she had ever before.

Getting rid of the stool, she placed a pale blue velvet french chaise lounge, that came up high on one end, but was long enough to support her legs on the floor.

Posing her on her side, with her arm crossing over just her breasts, there was a silk crimson scarf positioned between her thighs streaming up over the curve of her hip.

Penelope spoke while she positioning Liz to her satisfaction, she talked of shading, of capturing the thoughts, even the desires of a woman’s heart, how important it was to display what could not be easily be seen, what was hidden behind the veil of the obvious.

“Use your senses, take the colors in as if they were a living part of the portrait, the rich deep blue of the sofa, the subtle tone of the model’s skin from the gentle lines of her thighs, to the hue of her cheek as her mind wanders, the way her lips curve in the slightest way giving the viewer a hint of something subtle and raw."

Closing his eyes Max tried to remain calm, but in truth he was beginning to live for these days, these precious hours, and it was starting to show.

"Let her invite you into the secret behind her eyes, create something beautiful, something on canvas that speaks to you.”

Sounds of brushes being organized, easels being adjusted, backpacks being shoved aside, echoed throughout the large room, that was, until the professor stepped away.

With every session the students barely looked upon Liz as a person, she was more of a project, something they were to be graded on, another assignment in a challenging schedule that they were bogged down with, that was until today.

Penelope smirked with satisfaction, an audible hush swept around the circular room, she had finally reached them.

Walking to the shelf near her desk, she set the needle to her antique record player, ending her long winded speech, allowing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata to speak for her.

Eyes from every level, around the half circle of students focused intensely on Liz, in an entirely different way.

It was clear they felt, emotionally, the art they were creating.

They worked furiously, as quick as their hands could function doing their best to recreate what they were feeling as the music rose and fell hauntingly as a separate entity over Liz.

Every student that was, except for one.

Max stood motionless, his heart beating wildly, his fiery amber eyes fixated onto her in a way that was close to obsessive.

Liz, flustered by the very exposed position she was in, laid very still, her long dark eyelashes kissed her blushing pink cheeks, her skin vibrated like the wings of a butterfly from the pounding of her heart.

She knew her instructions were to look up, to open her eyes and stare at that focal point that the professor was adamant about, third row, center seat.

Max knew this too, he was counting on it, at the moment, living for it.

He waited, patiently, quietly with stoic intensity for her, not one stroke of his brush would touch his canvas until she lifted her eyes to him.

Minutes dragged on like hours, anguished anticipation lined his forehead glistening his skin, his hands were steady, his heart a raging, hammering expression of his desire for her that stretched far beyond her stunning beauty, or her barely naked pose, the erratic pulse in his ears blocking out everyone and everything revealing to him what he knew from the moment he set eyes on her, he was in love.

Finally the torment was over, with the crescendo of violins, an orchestra executed by a genius filled the air lifting his heart to places he had only read about in books of poems, in the gaze of lovers.

Slowly, with a delicate grace, she lifter her chin as she bravely opened her eyes without thought or concentration to look directly at him, and only him.

Taking a long shuddering breath, Max shivered within her presence so hard it was visible to her, even from the long distance between them.

He was like a warm beacon of light calling her home, conveying to her in honorable secrecy, in deafening silence, that she was safe, she was protected, within his hands, his stare, his strong steady presence that filled her with an ease she had never known.

It was nearly ten minutes before he began painting, before studying her extensively, before he felt that he was ready to dive into the mysteries that swirled like magic, stripping all the surface distractions away until nothing was left but the very essence of her.

Her shallow breaths that revealed her anxiousness, the raw subjection of her body invoked a shyness that was distinctly visible, it was beautiful, only adding to the seemingly endless shades of emotions she carried.

Max worked with unbridled devotion, every stroke was painstakingly caressed upon the canvas as if he was a part of her, a willing participant to her chaotic world.

He was unrestrained in his depiction of her, his feelings were captured right along side her image, it was breathtaking, a young artist's view of love itself.

Overwhelmed by the experience that plainly left her shaken, her world flipped upside down, nothing was the same, it was as if she was walking into a fog, a path of an unknown version of herself she did not recognize.

Quickly dressing she had to get out of there, running down the hall towards two big glass doors leading to the outside, she found her hitting head on into the one person she couldn’t handle seeing.

Gingerly holding her in his arms, to keep her from falling, Max looked down upon her big expressive eyes that were begging for mercy.

“Liz… please… can we just talk… I - “

Cutting him off she couldn’t bear to have the conversation that she saw boiling inside of him, it was all over his face, he needed to answers, ones she couldn't give.

His compassionate hold on her was more than she could stand, more than she deserved.

“I can’t, I’m sorry, not now, not here, Jack’s waiting, he can’t see us together. I have to go. “

With that she was gone, but that brief embrace, the warmth of her tiny frame pressed against him was almost painful leaving an emptiness in it’s wake that was unbearable.

Max hung his head struggling, knowing she was at that moment getting into that car, with that guy.

He curled his fists around his books knowing she felt as if that was all she was worth.

Worried that Jack had seen them through the transparency of the glass doors, she remained quiet, listening to him go on and on about subjects that in the past had gone unnoticed.

It was like hitting a brick wall head on, the way he spoke, his insensitivity to others unlike him was glaring, Jack was a racist, degrading, abusive to almost everyone, especially women, specifically her.

How could she have not noticed before, how could she have let it get this far.

Her mind spun, remember all the horrible things she had done, all the irresponsible, reckless nights, the endless fights were she’d be left crying, ultimately giving into him, most often even apologizing for events that were not her fault.

For the first time, the possibility actually occurred to her that she had been manipulated into giving away her money, her body, and worse herself respect.

Coming home to an empty house, the usual state of affairs when your father is a Senator, who’s only concern is his political career, more to the point getting appointed for the next term, she called out hearing nothing in return.

Her parents were always on the run to some charity event or political affair that seemed to be urgent in keeping up with appearances, it was the only life she knew, the absence of both her parents was the norm for her, almost expected.

What she did find was a note left on the fridge.

Liz,
No cash this week, I’m sure you understand why.
We're spending the weekend in the Key’s with some
powerful people that could be very helpful with my re election.
So do me a favor, do not get arrested, do not open our home to your
degenerate boyfriend. Basically attempt to act like you actually were
born into this family.
I’m serious, remember, I am in control over your inheritance from Grandma Claudia.
I can make your life even more hellish than it already is, so my advice, if you care to hear it this time, try very hard to do something
different and not disappoint or embarrass us.
Dad

Suddenly all the pieces fell into place, she was getting what she deserved, she was a fuck up, plain and simple, Jack knew it, whether he was taking advantage of her or not, the truth remained the same, she was trash.

Everyone felt the same, her family, the press, the fake heartless people that surrounded her, everyone, but the one guy she had been fooling all along, Max.

Drawing a bath Liz slid into hot foamy bubbles wishing she could just disappear.

Placing a wet hot washcloth over her eyes, she let out a deep breath doing her best to shut out those hopeless thoughts that pulled her down into that dark abyss, were she was trapped in when they sent her away to that boarding school.

It was at that moment her cell vibrated, the washcloth slipped from her face causing her eyes to burn from the bright screen displaying the his name.

JACK

Swallowing hard she forced false excitement answering the phone in hopes that he wouldn’t pick up on the sadness in her voice.

“Hi Jack.”

Sitting straight up, Liz listened to him rant on about seeing her with that ‘fag’ from her class.

“I don’t have to explain what will happen to that dick if he lays a hand on you Liz, do I?”

After several rounds, fighting back and forth, it occurred to her how she wasn’t going to convince him of anything, he was ignorant, insecure, selfish and outright cruel, and she was just too tired.

With her father's note still reciting itself in her gut twisting and cutting its way towards her heart, she knew she didn’t have the strength to fight another battle.

With promises of hitting an exclusive club Saturday night by way of using her father’s name, he quickly calmed, but for the first time, for some reason Liz had suddenly saw it all too clearly, she was dreading the very thought of being with him now.

Easing back into the steam, she sunk beneath the water watching the ceiling above her from a soundless skewed view, it felt much like her insides, disjointed, malformed, like the confusion that muddled her mind.

Max suddenly came into view, the tender, almost careful way he was with her, his soft spoken sultry voice, the gallant, chivalrous, way he treated her.

Closing her eyes she imagined him there with her, holding her, feeling his protective arms around her, shielding her from the hell she was slipping into once again, a world that was as destructive as it was familiar.

Running out of air she bent her head back smoothing her wet hair away from her eyes, suddenly feeling the need to dismiss thoughts of the possibility of him in her life, it was just ridiculous, it could never be.

Max didn’t know her, the real her, and if he did he'd run as fast as he could, she knew this in her gut, to think of him was useless, he could never love someone like her.

Saturday - Midnight

White lights swirled in a hazy blur in the dark club, thumping music blared throughout the crowded bar rendering talking impossible.

After two vodka tonics and four shots, Liz sat with her back against the wall staring at her friends dancing, drenched in sweat, laughing, having the time of their life on her father’s credit card that she took from his wallet before she even knew he was leaving.

She waited for the numbness to kick in, for the alcohol to begin to fade her life into the background, taking away her pain, but for some reason it wasn’t working.

For some reason it was having the opposite effect, staring out at Jack grinding against Piper, something that before wouldn’t have even bothered her, now suddenly made everything vividly clear, in the worse possible way, she couldn’t do this anymore.

Suddenly she felt suffocated, as if the walls were closing in on her, she was hot, too hot, her heart was pounding way too fast, her head began to spin, she had to get the hell out of there.

Grabbing her purse, she abandoned her drink on the bar, making her way through the crowd of drunken guys who had no problem groping her along the way.

It passed quickly through her mind, had it always been this way? And if so why did it suddenly bother her so much, making her sick inside.

The need to leave became urgent when she finally reached Jack who had driven that night.

Spotting her, he grabbed her around the waist sandwiching her between him and Piper’s sweaty bodies.

Shaking her head Liz tried several times to get his attention, but he was too stoned to notice, to even realize that she was in trouble.

Squeezing out from between them she pushed her way out the front door onto the sidewalk of a cold driving rain.

Confused, with no cash, she realized that Piper had the credit card, she knew she was in trouble.

With no way home, and no idea of where she was, she took off her high heels and began running.

Tears streamed down her face, it was an unusually cold April night, and she was wearing a tiny white slip of a dress that was now stuck to her freezing body.

Crossing the road that she could barely see, she found herself on Main street, surprised, she walked slowly passed a fancy boutique, a florist, a music store, until finally she reached the one place she was looking for.

Sweet Heart’s Bakery

Inside his apartment, Max sat staring at her image, the unfinished watercolor portrait of how he truly saw her.

Beethoven's Requiem was playing in the background, it fit his mood, the genius musician and the lonely artist, both longing for something they would never have.

It was then that he heard it, a soft couple of knocks on his door.

Surprised he looked down at his cell noting the time, there was no one that would come to see him at this hour, not unless it was an emergency.

Making his way to the door, his heart nearly halted at the sight before him.

Drenched, standing in a puddle, barefoot, shivering hard Liz stared up at him, wondering if he was even real.

“Liz? What happened? Are you okay?”

Shaking her head slowly she wrapped her arms around her body, speaking the first truthful word she had uttered in a very long time.

“No.”
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Carrie, Carrie.......how could you leave us there??
Liz was in bad shape, and who wouldn't be after "daddy dearest" note.
Maybe Max will be able to make her feel better........and I don't want to see or hear from Jack.
Please hurry back, what will happen between Max and Liz now?
Thanks,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie
Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.I think Liz's father is a major asshole. I think he needs to treat Liz better then he does. I know Liz is trying to protect Max but she needs to let Max know what is going on. I'm so very glad Liz ran to Max when she did. I hope Liz will dump the major asshole Jack. I hope Max will be able to help Liz. Why did you leave it where Max and Liz were standing in the doorway? What will happen? Will Max let Liz in? What will happen when Liz walks in? Will Liz tell Max what Jack said? Will Liz tell Max about the threats? What will Max do when he finds out? Will Max try and help Liz get warm? Will Max let Liz stay with him? Will Max and Liz be able to keep each other safe? Will Max Kiss Liz? Will Max and Liz finally talk? Will Max tell Liz what he wants to say? Will Max and Liz admit their feelings for each other? Will Liz have to get a job? Will Max help Liz? Will Liz dump Jack? Will Liz get together with Max? Will Max and Liz start dating? Will Max and Liz fall in love? Will Liz's parents find out about Max? What will the parents do when they find out? Will Max and Liz be able to protect each other? Will Max and Liz sleep together? Will Liz become pregnant? Will Max and Liz get married and have kids? Will Max and Liz have a happy ending together? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 & AN8/2/

Post by jake17 »

Author's note:

I posted the above update yesterday, but I was very distracted, and upset leading to many embarrassing mistakes. I re read the update this morning and 'hopefully' fixed all the problems, If anyone has already read the update and is confused about what was written please look it over again if possible. I'm so sorry for posting an update with so many errors, it wasn't my intention to be so careless.

thank you
Carrie

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4, & AN 8/

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie don't worry about it. :D !

L-J-L 76
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Errors? :shock: where? if maybe they were some, doesn't matter bc I was too much into the story to see it! :roll: :lol:

I am only concerned with Liz's boyfriend and what he could do, to destroy her life...

Thanks Carrie, wonderful! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part Carrie! I am a bit worried that Jack is going to do something that will really hurt Liz!

Helen
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639