Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5, 1/14/16

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Tashchen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 2 5/23/15

Post by Tashchen »

WOOHOOO!!!! New Stories!! I love your stories.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. Wow I can't believe that is what Max sees when he sees Liz. I know that upset Liz. But Max was tell her the truth. Liz needs to dump her boyfriend. He is a major asshole for blackmailing Liz. I really hate him. Will Max and Liz talk again? Will Max and Liz be nicer to each other? Will Liz's father find out about the modeling? Who will tell Liz's father about the modeling? What will Liz's father do when he finds out? Will Max and Liz try and get to know each other? Will Max and Liz fall for each other?

L-J-L 76
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

I really don't think she proved a point to max at all though. Seems like she just embarrassed herself showing up like that.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Great part!

It will take times, for Max to have Liz's trust! At this point on life, she is on the way to destruction, I am afraid! :shock:
She put herself into this situation, thanks her friend who exactly isn't one! And I hope she will understand it soon...

Looking for more! Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi Carrie,

I'm falling love even more with eat chapter.n I feel for Liz. I know Max didn't tell on her. I hope Liz learns to trust Max. I can't see her turning away from his help. Please post more soon!!!!

Special thanks too

claudialynn
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Over the Hills & Far Away (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 6/1/15

Post by jake17 »

Roswelllostcause
Eve
Lizza
Carolyn
AlysLuv
TAsh
Courtney

thank you so much for the feedback!
Liz has to keep modelling or Jack will go to the tabloids, she doesn't have a choice, but she was angry that Max assumed to know so much about her, which pushed her to want to prove him wrong, even though he was right about everything.
Excuse the mistakes, it's late and my contacts are worthless now.

chapter three

The class went on working, completely unaware of what was going on behind the scenes as Liz held her pose.

As far as nude modeling was concerned, Liz's role here was modest at best, positioned on the stool, nothing was able to be seen accept for the side curve of her bare breast as she gazed over her shoulder.

It wasn’t like she was doing something wrong or inappropriate, this was a professional situation, a very well respected school, none of this was unusual.

The female body had been regarded as a beautiful work of art in almost every period throughout the ages, it was an important step in their curriculum.

Once again Max took several moments to just sit and study Liz before even picking up his brush.

While the class listened to the professor, Max was already caught up in her, lost in the beautiful girl with the sad eyes, and the paper thin heart.

"Now remember everyone, impressionism violated all traditional rules of painting when it first was introduced, the reality of the subject or nature scene being painted was left behind, artists painted through their own personal impression of the object, it was truly see through the eye of the beholder, reflecting their own personal feelings and visual expressions. So when working try to experience our model this way, paint what you 'feel' and not what you see, take your time, let the inspiration come to you."

Circling the room once, satisfied with everyone’s progress, Penelope decided to get some much over due paperwork done at her desk.

Conversations circulated while they worked, students discussing their plans for the weekend, and what not swirled around the room in a low hum.

The atmosphere was casual, knowing that Penelope wasn't strict, most just took their time, experimenting on techniques, known to such famous artists from that period, such as the works of Monet and Renoir.

Taking a deep breath, Max blocked the other students out, seeing only her, everyone around him disappeared, melted away along with their meaningless chatter.

Golden eyes as beautiful as a vivid sunset focused in on her intensely, passionately, the way he focused in on her was intimate in nature, deeply felt as Liz held her pose.

His directness was both erotic and intimidating, not in a harmful way, more to the fact that there was no escaping his truth.

In fact Penelope had one rule for her students, with every assignment, they were required to name their piece, giving her a clearer view of what the student was thinking when creating their project.

Scribbling down on paper, Max wrote in script swirling handwriting his title, that came to him almost immediately after laying eyes on her.

The Beauty that Lies in Truth

Penelope loved it, but for Max it had a deeper meaning, one that was becoming clearly close to his heart, this girl was special to him, even if he had just met her, there was a spark, an indisputable connection linking them together.

When painting her, he felt as if his body was alive, on fire with ideas, there would be no doubting his work, it flowed through him naturally, as if his fingertips were drifting along the curves of her body instead of brushes and paint.

Never did he feel so close to a subject before, never had he become so emotionally invested, she was his muse, bringing an entire new inspiration to all avenues of his work.

Swirling his brush along the colors on his easel, he mixed reds, pinks, and violets, as he painted her parted lips, her flushed cheeks, and the sharp edge of her jaw as she remained glancing over her shoulder staring straight through him.

Throwing that brush in a waiting cup of water, he excitedly reached for another brush mixing charcoal, shades of auburn, and hints of chocolate browns.

He worked hard to capture a stray strand of her silky hair sweeping along her long dark eyelashes, as if it was hiding a secret in her stare, that was not meant for him.

He gazed at her in awe, her skin, golden in tone appeared as soft as satin, her lips two velvet petals from a delicate, pale, pink rose.

Her eyes like a starless night, endless with emotion, seemed to return an expression of longing,of deep loneliness and a wish to be kissed, even loved, in the most gentle way from a person who truly understood her.

Liz kept those eyes on him, bent on proving him wrong, she tried to hold it together, but his stare was too intense, overwhelming in the way he penetrated her soul.

It was as if he could see right through her, into the shame she carried, the heavy burden of mistakes that plagued her, leaving her to feel worthless.

They were both startled by the stark loudness of the bell and the immediate movement around them as everyone gathered their stuff to leave.

As if locked together in this standoff of minds, entangled in something bigger than a simple art project, but a possible meeting of the hearts, they both didn't want the session to end.

Yelling loudly out to her students, Penelope kept her eyes down on her papers.

“I want you to sketch another portrait for homework, concentrate on the eyes, the expression you wish to capture. I want you to be able to explain what the subject was feeling from your drawing, we'll also be taking opinions from your fellow students, to see if they see something different then what you've felt. I’ll be collecting this project by the end of next week, see you all on Tuesday, have a nice weekend everyone!”

Fastening her robe, Liz walked to her screen with her back to the students that were leaving quickly, as if shocked to be reminded that it wasn't only Max that was painting her.

“Do you think, maybe we could ...talk, I’d like to apologize - “

Turning to face his soft, gentle voice, that genuinely seemed filled with regret, Liz cut him off out of concern for him, more than anything else.

Jack was picking her up today, the last thing she needed was for him to see her talking to Max.

Jack was beyond possessive, and not above violence when threatened, and a young, talented, handsome artist such as Max couldn't have been more threatening to an insecure, bully with a volital temper from the wrong side of the tracks.

“It’s ok, really … I asked for your opinion, and you gave it. You were just being honest, now if you don’t mind I need to get dressed, someone’s picking me up today, I'm in a rush.”

Before he could protest, she was behind the screen, her bare silhouette suddenly revealed unknowingly as her robe slipped off her shoulders to the floor.

Max stood frozen, barely able to breathe, he felt as if his heart would stop, it was only when he heard Penelope purposely clear her throat in disapproval that he left, mortified by his actions, in a hurry.

Sitting outside, desperate from some air, Max couldn’t get the image of her out of his mind, she was more than beautiful, everything about her intrigued him, her stubbornness, followed by genuine humility, her brashness that always led to heartbreaking vulnerability.

She was a riddle, a magnificent mix of contradictions that shone through her eyes like an invitation down the rabbit hole, a place where nothing was as it seemed, full of adventures and temptations too enticing to ignore.

Without realizing it, he had already started his assigned sketch, vigorously working on her long flowing windswept hair as it drifted mysteriously across her a coy expression that he imagined was just for him.

It was only when he heard a vulgar, loud car horn several times impatiently beeping that he looked up from his work.

Brushing by him, unnoticed by her, Liz ran down several stairs trying hard to get to the rude offender, only to trip and fall spilling the contents of her purse all over the ground.

Max immediately ran to her, while Jack crossed his arms in front of him, while leaning on his rusted car, shaking his head as if deeply embarrassed.

Liz glanced up at Max as he helped retrieve her stuff, worrying that Jack was watching.

“Max, thank you, really, but it’s ok, I’m alright.”

Staring at her scrapped knees, which were starting to bleed, Max gently placed his hand on her shoulder.

“You’re hurt, let me help you to the infirmary, the nurse can - “

Knowing of Jack’s violent jealous streak, Liz tried to sway Max, legitimately worried for him.

“No, really I’m fine, thank you though.”

Following her eye line, Max noticed the guy with the goatee and tattoos, staring at her angrily.

“I’ll be right there Jack! “

Shaking his head annoyingly, he jumped in his camaro, revving the engine loudly before taking off.

Turning back slowly, Max helped her up. “Was he your ride?”

Nodding Liz followed Jack's car as if sped off onto the main road.

“Yeah, my car is in the shop.”

Taking her things under his arm, Max slung his bag over his back, and held out his hand.

“I can drive you home, my boss lent me the delivery truck today,”

Liz glanced around him, noticing a white van, with a sign titled "Sweet's Heart Bakery" with a picture of several cartoon cupcakes with little hearts floating over the frosting.

It was adorable, she knew the bakery well, it had been staple in Rhode Island ever since she could remember.

Giggling she smiled looking back at him. "Your work I presume?"

Shrugging, his face turned red, "Please don't tell anyone, my reputation as a serious artist would be completely destroyed."

Laughing at his obvious joke, she walked with him towards the van.

"I promise, your secret is safe with me, so, you work there?"

Standing at the passenger door, Max nodded, finding it hard not to study the curves and beautiful colorful hues that shone through her.

"Just part time, it helps with expenses, a starving artist can't be picky, besides the couple who owns the place are great, they're very flexible with my hours, which really helps when I get inspired and find it hard to stop working on a piece."

Thinking for a few seconds, realizing that she couldn't call anyone, because no one could know about what she was doing, she reluctantly agreed to get in, realizing that Max was no threat, that if anything she was putting him in danger.

Halfway home she tried to brush the embedded gravel from the cuts on her knees with no success.

“I can’t go home like this, they’ll be too many questions I won’t be able to answer.”

Glancing over to her he narrowed his eyes confused. “Question? I don’t understand.”

Sighing she shook her head, “It doesn’t matter, believe me it’s a long, boring story.”

Turning the corner onto main street, he pulled over in front of the bakery, hoping she'd agree to his proposal.

“I can clean you up, I live right above the store here, afterwards I’ll put you in a cab, so there won’t be any questions… consider it a proper apology for the insensitive things I said to you Tuesday.”

Hesitating for a moment, tired from lack of sleep, knowing what was she was facing when Jack finally got to her, not to mention her parents that were always on her case, she relented, welcoming his unexpected kindness.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting on his kitchen counter, looking around at the hundreds of sketches and paintings around his small studio apartment she couldn’t help but be impressed.

“Wow, they’re really beautiful.”

Busy with band aids and antiseptic, Max looked up at her unaware as he pulled a chair close to her to rest her foot on his knee.

“What’s beautiful?”

Pointing at his work she hissed as he began to clean her scrapes.

“Your paintings.”

Concentrating on her knee, he ignored her complement, realizing that he never had anyone up to his place, that she was the only one to ever see his personal sketches.

“So... is that guy your boyfriend?”

Liz grew quiet at his question, looking down as he gently held her leg.

Suddenly their eyes met as he smoothed his hands around her calf, bringing her knee close to his mouth.

Blowing lightly on her cut, he watched closely as she winced from the sting, she found this simple kind act intoxicating,even erotic.

His lingering gaze sought her out, she had never felt anything like it, no one had ever regarded her as anything but a screw up, but not him, not ever.

There was no hint of sarcasm, or disappointment, no hidden agenda, or scathing criticism behind his expression, only a sweet look of interest, a kindness that was clearly sincere in its intention.

Feeling overwhelmed, unworthy, and intimidated by such real emotions, Liz grabbed her stuff and jumped off the counter.

“No, Jack’s not my boyfriend, and I’m not looking for one… I have to go.”

Confused, Max grabbed some bandages and handed them to her as she brushed by him.

“Let me at least call you a cab, if you want you can wait in the diner next door, I’ll leave you alone. I promise, I didn't mean to scare you.”

Whispering under her breath, she took the bandages trying to avoid his towering impressive body that was too close for her to concentrate.

"You didn't scare me, you did nothing wrong... it's me."

With her hand on the doorknob, she agreed to the cab, suddenly needing to be far from him, safe in that diner, unable to trust herself alone with him.

Approaching her close, once again, he placed a gentle hand on her arm.

“Wait, I don’t even know your name, the models are supposed to be anonymous, but it’s okay, I promise I won’t tell anyone, you can trust me.”

Unsure why she took such a reckless risk, she whispered softly before running down the narrow staircase down towards the ally below.

Turning to face him, hoping he could see the seriousness in her voice, she answered quickly.

“I’m Liz, Liz Parker… if you tell anyone…. you’ll ruin my life, not to mention my father’s career.”

With that she was gone, leaving Max stunned standing with his cell phone alone to connect the dots.

“Liz Parker... Jeff Parker, oh my god, the Senator’s daughter."

Calling the cab company, he gave them a description of Liz, telling them she’d be waiting in the diner, and that her name was Beth.

It all started to make sense, there wasn’t anyone who didn’t know about the Senator's daughter's brush with the law, how she was the tabloid baby of the East Coast.

On the news her family constantly sidestepped questions concerning her, always trying to focus on the accomplishments of their other children, as if deeply embarrassed by their own child.

Grabbing his sketch book, again he continued to work, now more than ever driven to capture the real girl behind those dark eyes, the ones that held the secrets she tried so desperately to hide.
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 16 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Carrie
Another Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. I'm glad that Max tired to talk to Liz. I can't believe Jack just stood there when Liz fell and not helped her. I think Max is a great guy for helping Liz. I'm glad Jack left and Max took her to his place to help her. I'm glad Max and Liz tried to talk. So now Max knows Liz is the senator's daughter. Hopefully Max will keep the secret. Will Max and Liz talk more? Will Max help Liz again? Will Max and Liz hang out and get to know each other? Will Max and Liz fall for each other? Will Max and Liz kiss? Will Liz 's family find out about the modeling Liz is doing? What will Liz's family do when they find out? Will Max stand by Liz? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part Carrie! I know that Max is going to keep Liz's secret and maybe help her.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love this Carrie.......and I especially love that Max is single focused with his painting.
The name/title he gave the picture was just perfect.
That Jack is a real problem and will be causing Liz some serious trouble I am afraid.
Wow, Max discovered who Liz really was........maybe he can help her, I sure hope so.
Thanks for the new part,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Carrie! Love this story and I think Max could be good for her, if she lets him in! And letting this guy blackmail her, isn't going to help!

Waiting for more! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!