In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 13 7/31/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So glad Liz and Mrs. Evans will be meeting on a client basis.
Maria proved to be a good friend by turning up at the memorial service. I think she will soon realize what Liz is going through.
It's a good thing Jeff doesn't realize how serious Liz is involved in the Iranian mess........but after losing his sister he doesn't need anymore problems.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow so glad everyone came to pay their respect. It was a surprise to find out Maria was there. So glad Mrs. Evans is going to take Liz as a client and draw up the divorce papers really soon. Wonder how much Liz will tell Mrs. Evans. So Maria finally came to talk to Liz. Hopefully Maria will understand what Liz is up to. So Jim is letting Jeff know Liz is doing something important and could be a hero. Hopefully Jeff and Nancy will see Liz find love and have kids. Hopefully everyone will understand why Liz stayed with James. Hoping Liz will be able to get home before James gets home. Hopefully Liz and Max will have a chance to talk. Please come back and post more really soon?

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

RoswellFan68 You might be right :wink:

Carolyn Yes it is good that Liz will be seeing Mrs. Evans as a client. Maria is hurt that Liz hasn't been there for her. But she still cares and the Parkers are like family to her. You are right Jeff doesn't need to know how much danger Liz is really in, not after just losing his sister.

L-J-L 76 Yes everyone came to pay their respects. Maria maybe upset with Liz, but she still cares. Well we don't know just YET, why Liz wants to see Mrs. Evans. Jim is letting Jeff know while Liz is doing something dangerous there could be a bigger danger if she wasn't.

Part 14

Just before ten the next morning Liz walked into the Evans law office. She told the office manger who she was there to see. Diane came out of her office. Liz then followed her into her office.

“Liz take a seat. Before we get started give me one dollar.” Said Diane
“A dollar? You are aware I can pay you a lot more than that as a retainer.”
“Liz, give me the dollar and tell me your story then I will decide if I will actually will take you as a client for whatever it is you want.”

Liz nodded. She opened her purse and dug around.

“Uh the smallest I have is a five.” Said Liz
“Ok hand it over.”

Liz gave Diane the five. Diane laid it on her desk and looked at her son's ex girlfriend.

“Ok Liz, I am now your lawyer tell me what it is you want.”
“My husband and his father are funding terrorists.”

Diane nearly fell out of her chair at that statement.

“Are you sure honey?”
“Positive. I have been working with the FBI and the joint terrorism task force for the past two years. I have been handing over evidence to them that I have found, while keeping a copy for myself. Before heading to Roswell I made copies of everything to bring with me. I still have another copy in a safety deposit box that has my name and Max's in case anything happens to me. There is also a letter for him in it.”
“What do you need me to do?”
“I want you to draw up divorce papers. But they can't be filed until James and his father are arrested. I have all the information you need. I also want to leave a copy of my evidence with you.”
“Liz, weren't you afraid that you could be implicated in this?”
“There is nothing that points to me. Or my sister in law Serena.”
“I will need to go through everything before I can do anything in regards of the divorce papers.”
“I understand. Mrs. Evans, other than the money in my personal accounts I want nothing from James.”
“Just taking a quick look there is a beach house in Malibu California in your name.”
“Yeah. I know. I guess I will take that too. I will most likely sell it.”
“Let me go over this and call you in a few days.”
“Ok. Uh I will be staying with my parents for another week. You can call me there or on my cell.”
“Of course. Liz before you go answer one question. Do you still love my son?”
“I put his name on my safety deposit box. What reason other than the fact I love him would I have for that?”
“Liz, promise me you will be careful.”
“I am being careful Mrs. Evans.”

Liz got up and headed out of the office passing Isabel on the way. Diane was finishing packing up Liz's file when Isabel walked in.

“Was that Liz, I just saw leaving?” asked Isabel
“Yes. She is a client.”
“So she leaving that bastard?”
“Isabel! You know I can't tell you what Liz and I talked about. All you need to know is that she is a client.”
“Fine, but you do remember she is the one that broke up with Max.”
“The way I remember it is they agreed that a long distance relationship would be to hard. Now what brings you by when you should be at work?”
“I took the morning off. I had a doctor's appointment.”
“Are you ok?”
“Fine, so do you want to get lunch with your favorite daughter?”
“Isabel you are my only daughter. I was just planning to have a working lunch. I really have a lot of work to do.”
“Ok. Maybe you and dad can come over this weekend for dinner.”
“Sure honey. By the way you are glowing.”

Isabel smiled and head out after hugging her mom. Diane smiled, if she was right she would have another grandbaby in a few months. She then asked her assistant to pick up a grilled chicken salad from the Crashdown for her and reopened the thick file that Liz left with her, that included the immunity agreements for both herself and Serena just in case anything was linked to them in the case involving her husband. The divorce would be easy, they would just sight spousal abuse. Liz had included photos of the bruises that she had gotten from James. The ones that were in the shape of a mans hand were the most telling. Diane was so engrossed in Liz's file she didn't notice how late it had gotten.

“Diane, it's after five.”

Diane looked up to see her husband standing in the doorway of her office.

“Sorry I was just reading this file.”
“Liz?”
“Yes, I am taking her on as a client.”
“I know you can't tell me what is going on with that young lady. But her situation isn't good is it?”
“No it isn't.”

Philip sighed. He hoped that Diane would be able to help that young lady.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 14 8/1/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I hope Liz has everything she needs to cut all ties to James. I'm glad she confessed to Diane she still loves her son.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Love how Diane charged Liz a $1.00 to talk to her. Liz told Diane everything she knows aand has on her husband and father in law. That was some shocking news for Diane to hear. Wow Liz did great with all the evidence she has on her husband and father in law. So glad Liz is mking sure the right people have all the evidence she has. Liz is a very smart person by making sure Diane and Max have a copy of the evidence too, Finally Liz is going to divorce her mega asshole
husband. Do Diane want to know if Liz still loves Max. So glad Liz still has feeling for Max. Love how Diane wnts Liz to be careful. So Isabel want to know what Liz was doing with her mom. Wow it seems with Liz's case Diane is going to be very busy. So Diane knows Isabel is pregnant without Isabel saying a word. Glad Diane is going to let Isabel tell them on the weekend. Wow Liz has a lot proff against her soon to be ex husband and father in law. Can't wait for James and his father to go to prison for life. Hopefully Diane can make Liz's divorse very quickly. Fingers crossed that when James and his father will go to prison when they get to the united states.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Liz is very lucky to have Diane as her attorney.
It appears she's had lots of time to think through the consequences and possibilities and planned accordingly.
I would like to know more about Max and Liz's breakup, or separation during college days.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

RoswellFan68 Liz has more than she needs to cut ties for good with her no good husband. Did you really think that Liz wouldn't be honest with Diane about her feelings?

L-J-L 76 Actually it ended up being $5.00 seeing that was the smallest Liz had. Diane was shocked to hear what Liz had on her husband and father in law. Liz wants to cover all her bases. But Max will only get the evidence if something happens to Liz. It maybe a little longer before James and his father get arrested.

Carolyn Liz is very lucky to have Diane as her attorney. Max and Liz will talk about their break up. But not for a while.

Part 15

Two weeks later

Liz was sitting by the pool when her husband James walked out on the deck. He had returned home early this morning. She had gotten a call from Kathleen last night that everything was nearly in place for both James and his father to be arrested. She had been relived when Diane Evans called her and told her that everything was in order. That as soon as the arrests were announced she would file the divorce papers. Diane was surprised that the only things wanted in the divorce was the money in her own bank accounts and the beach house that was in her name that she planned to sell. Liz watched James as he headed over to her. He grabbed her roughly and kissed her hard. Then pulled her from the chair and into the pool. Liz knew better than to fight him. James untied her bikini top and began squeezing her breasts hard. Liz bit her lip so she didn't cry out in pain. He moved them deeper so she couldn't stand. He then pinned her against the side of the pool. Five minutes later James had both their bathing suits off and he forced himself into her hard. He grunted as he pounded into her. Liz had no choice but to wrap herself around him. Finally James had his release and let go of her. Liz swam away to where she could stand and pulled her bikini back on.

“Did everything go well on your trip?” asked Liz
“Everything went as planned Elizabeth.”

Liz nodded.

“I wasn't expecting you until tomorrow.”
“You have plans? With Tess?”
“I have plans. But not with Tess. I will never have plans with Tess. She and I have nothing in common. If you must know I was going over to Serena's for pizza and a movie.”
“Pizza? That is garbage. You shouldn't eat that. Why don't you two order something Chez Pierre?”
“I like pizza. I hate French food.”

Besides just the thought of snails or fish eggs makes me want to puke. thought Liz

“You still eat like a lowlife after all this time.”
“James, you knew when you married me that I never ate all this rich type of food. I am from a middle class family.”
“We have been together six years, you should be use to it by now.”
“I will never like escargot or caviar. James, I will always be who I was raised to be.”

Liz climbed out of the pool grabbed her towel and headed into the house to get ready for girls night at Serena's.

Kyle finished getting dressed and headed out of the bedroom to find his girlfriend setting up for her girls night with Liz.

“You and Liz have a good time tonight.”
“Thanks Kyle. Is it me or has Liz been more distant since she got back from Roswell?”
“It's not you. But you do remember her Aunt and Uncle just died. She was always close with Caitlin even though her cousin is ten years younger.”
“I know. But there is something going on with Liz.”
“Rena, I love you but you at times remind me of both my stepmom and stepsister.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“Well honey, both like you need to know what is going on in their friends lives. You will find out soon why Liz is still with your jackass of a brother.”
“Kyle, is it worse than being a wife beater?”
“Much worse. Rena, if I know Liz like I think I do she hates she can't tell you what she is doing.”
“Why won't she tell me? Why won't you?”
“Rena, you are safer not knowing. When you do find out it will make you sick. It made me sick.”
“Ok but I hate being in the dark.”

Kyle kissed Serena then headed out to work. He hugged Liz and whispered in her ear.

“I am proud of what you are doing.”
“Thanks Kyle.”

Kyle just smiled and walked off.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 15 8/2/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Hate that Liz has to be with James right now. Sure hope she doesn't get pregnant......
She has lots of family and friend that support her, but she is still in a dangerous situation.
Diane asked Liz is she still loved Max........what about Max's feelings?
We've only had a brief mention of Max to date.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Thank god it soon will be over and Liz will be free from James. Thank god Diane has everything ready for Liz. Good thing Liz made plans with Serena tonight. Very much agree with Liz about having pizza than having snail and fish eggs. So glad Liz and Serena are spending time together. Serena is going to have to wait for Liz to tell her what is going on. Wonder how long it will be before everything will go down. Wondering if Max and Liz will talk before everything goes down.

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I worry about Liz getting James mad right now. She is in the home stretch. She shouldn't do or say anything to piss him off. She will be free once he is arrested. I don't want her to end up in the hospital before James is arrested.