In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 36 8/31/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn Kyle is what Serena needs. He loves her and just wants her to be happy. Max knew that he could talk to Liz and she would listen. The date will have to wait for a little while.

RoswellFan68 Yes Gina has a possible family. Yes if they have a baby there will be some cousins close in age.

Part 37

Sandra Davis had been working for child protective services for more than thirty years. She had started as a case worker and worked her way to director of the Dallas/Ft. Worth branch. She had seen so many children hurt and abandoned over the years. The file on her desk was just another example of a child that had been abandoned by her birth parents at the age of two. She had been left in a church with a note pinned to her with her name and birthday. No other information was given. It was believed that her mother had been a drug addicted hooker that came to the church form time to time. The father was unknown. The girl was placed in foster care. That had been four years ago. She had been bounced around to number of homes. It was true the girl had some issues. But with her background that was understandable. There was a notation in the girl's file that stated that it would be best if she was placed as the only child in a home until she was older. But her latest case worker ignored it. Now Gina Cruz was in the hospital recovering from being beaten and raped. Her private line rang. There were only a few people who had the number so she answered.

“Hello?”
“Sandy?”
“Liz, it's good to hear from you. How are you?”
“Good.”
“Are you calling about setting up that day camp for the kids?”
“Actually no. But we will need to get together about that soon. I was wondering what is going on with the approval of Emily and Brian Gilcrest as either foster parents or to adopt?”
“Let me check.”

Sandy opened a file on her computer and saw that they had passed all the inspections nearly a year ago. But had not been approved for a child by anyone. Nor had she been given a hard copy of the file by the investigator an investigator that was no longer working for the child protective services.

“Liz, I got the file right here. They should have been approved about a year ago. I am going to sign off on this right now. This should never have happened. We are in great need of foster parents.”
“Sandy, thanks for looking into it. Uh I heard about that little girl Gina Cruz. I am friends with both the doctor and nurse that treated her in the ER.”
“That is girl is very in need of a loving family. You know the Gilcrests right?”
“Yeah. Brian is a teacher and Emily is the owner of Gilcrest bakery. Emily grew up in foster care after her parents were killed. She was sexually abused in one of the homes when she was fifteen. She got an infection that made it nearly impossible for her to have a baby.”
“Liz what was Emily's maiden name?”
“Hunter I think.”
“I remember that case. I will set up an appointment with the Gilcrests I am taking over Gina's case myself.”
“Sandy, thanks.”
“Any time Liz.”

Liz hung up and went to finish getting ready for lunch at Alex and Isabel's.

Sean watched as Caitlin walked out of the Crashdown with her backpack heading for the library. He pulled his Arizona Diamondbacks baseball cap lower on his head. The teen was about the same height as her cousin but her hair was more of a caramel brown rather than the chocolate brown of Liz's. Not that it matter to him any. He was going to take what he wanted from the girl, well unless Liz finally spread her legs for him like she should of all those years ago.

“Stay away from the kid DeLuca.” Growled Michael from behind Sean.
“Don't tell me what to do Guerin.” Said Sean
“You touch that kid and it won't be Papa Parker that comes after you with that shotgun. It will be Liz and if I know her like I think I do she will do far worse than kill you. She will make it so the only way you can take a piss is into a bag.”
“Yeah right. Little Lizzie is too much of a goody, goody to do anything like that.”
“This is a woman that helped take down a terrorist organization with ties to Al-Qaeda. You know the people responsible for the attack on the world trade center and pentagon. She would have no problem with blowing your dick off.”
“Whatever.”

Sean walked off with Michael watching him.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 37 9/2/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So glad that Liz is going to see if Brain and Emily can adopt Gina. Hopefully Brain and Gina will be Gina's forever home. Love the threat Michael gave Sean. Sean better listen to what Michael tells him. Oh no it looks like Sean is still going after Caiti. Michael better follow Caiti to make sure she is safe. Someone needs to teach Sean a very painful lesson about touching Caiti. Please come back and post more really soon can't wait to find out what Liz will do next.

L-J-LL 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Sure glad Michael was there to protect Cait from Sean.
Looks like Gina may be getting some great foster parents soon.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 We will have to wait and see if Brian and Emily end up being Gina's forever home. Michael is not going to let anything bad happen to Cait.

Carolyn Michael considers Liz family. So that makes Cait family. So he is going to watch out for the teen. Gina may finally get the parents she needs.

Part 38

Liz pulled into the driveway of Alex and Isabel's house at about quarter to noon. The house was in the same neighborhood as the Evans. Taking a deep breath Liz got out of her car and walked up to the door. Before she could even knock the door was opened and Liz found herself wrapped in a hug by the one and only Isabel. It surprised her at first but she quickly returned it.

“Isabel let Liz in the house will you?” asked Alex
“Sorry.” Said Isabel letting Liz go.

Liz walked into the house and smiled at Alex who was holding his nearly one year old son.

“Hey Liz. Missed you.” Said Alex giving her a quick hug.
“Missed you too. Wish we could have talked at that fundraiser a few months ago.” Said Liz
“Yeah but we both know that your now ex would have been pissed.” Said Alex
“He was pissed when he realized who Max was. He beat me badly that night.”
“We understand why you stayed as long as you did. But you shouldn't have had to go through that.” Said Isabel
“I know. Isabel, I appreciate that you care about me. Even after what happened with Max.”
“Liz, I have always known why you broke up with Max.” said Isabel
“How?” asked Liz
“If you remember that afternoon we had been doing our English paper together. I had forgotten my notebook in your room. I had gone to the apartment entrance off the ally. Your told me to go out through the diner after grabbing my it. She didn't want me in the ally alone at night. I was in the backroom when Sean came in. I heard everything.” Said Isabel
“I had to protect Caitlin. She was just a little kid. I was scared Sean would really go after her. I am still scared of him.”
“You know that all of us are watching out for her.” Said Alex
“Yeah. She knows it too.”
“Liz, both Michael and Valenti have seen Sean in town lately.” Said Isabel
“Not surprising. This town is not far his route. He drives a tanker for my ex's company.”
“You know where Sean works?” asked Alex
“I asked the FBI to look him up a while back. I knew that he would go through with his threat if I got back in touch with Max. Serena the pain in the ass she is made that happen. I can't give you details because it would put you in danger. But there have been a series of rapes and murders on Sean's route from what I have been told.”
“So he is being watched?” asked Isabel
“Yes. My FBI contacts aren't involved in that case so that is about all I know. The FBI just isn't in Roswell. They have no proof that Sean did these things. He has a reason to be here. Amy and Maria are part of his family.”
“True. Though neither really want anything to do with him. In fact Amy told Sean he is not welcome in her house. I think Maria spilled the beans about what he did to make you break up with Max.” said Alex
“Can't we change the subject? Your son is so cute.” Said Liz
“Charlie, this is Aunt Liz. Will you let her hold you?” said Isabel

Charlie reached his little arms towards Liz. She took him from Alex and smiled at him.

“Hey Charlie. You are going to have a big job when you get older. You will need to help watch out for your cousins and siblings. But knowing who your parents are I know you can do it.” Said Liz

Isabel and Alex smiled Liz was going to be a natural as a mother. Half an hour later the three sat down to grilled chicken salads and just kept talking and catching up.

TBC

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 38 9/3/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I'm glad that Liz had a good lunch with Alex and Isabel. The FBI needs to get Sean.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So Isabel knew about Sean threatening Liz. So glad Isabel heard the threat. Wow Liz has been a very busy person with her getting information on her ex husband and finding out about Sean. So Sean worker for Liz's ex husband unbelievable. The FBI need to come to Roswell and arrest Sean before he rapes and murders someone again. loving how Liz, Alex, Isabel are family. Can't wait for Max and Liz moment. Fingers cross someone will stop Sean before he does something to Caiti or Liz
really really soon.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It seems everyone knew why Max and Liz broke up.......well almost everyone.
Sure glad things are working out for Liz, and that everyone is protecting Cait. She didn't deserve a problem with Sean.
I'm still anxious for Max and Liz to go out on that date.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 Liz did have a good lunch with her friends. Don't worry Sean will be caught.

L-J-L 76 Yes Isabel knew about the threat. Yes Liz has been very busy. Taking down her now ex and his father, as well as keeping tabs on Sean.

Carolyn Yes nearly everyone does know the reason Liz broke up with Max. Cait really doesn't deserve the problem of Sean.

Part 39

Kyle walked into the office of his Capitan. He had to wonder what was going on. He had never been called into the Capitan's office before.

“Officer Valenti take a seat.”
“Sure Capitan.”
“Valenti have you thought about undercover work?”
“Not really. But I never say no to anything.”
“That's good to know. How is your Spanish?”
“I'm not fluent but I do know quite a bit. Why?”
“The Texas Rangers have asked for your help with a case. It involves sex trafficking from Mexico.”
“Why me?”
“It has to do with your girlfriend’s mother.”
“Why doesn't that surprise me.”
“You need to report to Ranger headquarters. Change and head over there.”
“Yes sir.”

Serena raised an eyebrow as Sandra Davis walked into the ER. She had met the director of child protective services last summer when she helped out at the day camp Liz had put together for foster kids.

“Miss Bower we need to talk.” Said Sandra
“Ms. Davis why are you here?” asked Serena
“I just came from interviewing Gina Cruz's new foster parents. I need you to tell me just how bad this little girl is.”
“We can go into the lounge.”

Sandra followed Serena into the lounge.

“Do you want any coffee? Or I should say the sludge that is trying to pass as coffee?” asked Serena
“Water will be fine. Miss Bower, is Dr. Evans in?”
“No and please call me Serena. As soon as possible I want to change my last name.”
“Very well. Serena, what was Gina's condition when she was brought in?”
“Gina was brought in beaten. She was covered in cuts and bruises. The biggest bruise was on her back in the shape of what we believe is a man's boot. After a series of x-rays as well as an MRI scan it was discovered that she had a broken arm as well as three cracked ribs. There was also evidence that these were not the first breaks the child had.”
“The report I read stated there was evidence of a sexual assault.”
“Dr. Evans and I discover bleeding from child's vaginal area as we continued our exam. I was able to get Gina to tell me that it was a fifteen year old boy called Eddie that hurt her there. That he made her touch him on his penis. That he had wanted her to give him a blow job. Of course she didn't use those terms. She is to young to understand stand that.”
“I know who Eddie is. He has been trouble since he entered the system at the age of seven. His father murdered his mother in front of him. Serena can you get me Gina's room number? I need to talk to her.”
“Sure. Ms. Davis the Gilcrests understand that this girl is going to have emotional problems right?”
“Yes.”

Serena gave Sandra Gina's room number and returned to work.

Sandra walked into the room where a nurse was trying to get Gina to eat.

“Gina, honey you need to eat so you can go home.” Said the nurse.

The little girl shook her head. Sandra knocked on the open door.

“I'm Sandra Davis from child protective services. I need to talk to Gina.”
“Try and get her to eat a little.” Said the nurse getting up to leave.

Sandra walked over and sat next to the small broken girl. Gina had light brown skin found in most people of mixed Mexican and European descent. Green eyes and blond hair.

“Gina, I'm Sandy. I am going to be taking you to your new home soon.” Said Sandra softly.

The little girl turned away from her. Sandy tried another way.

“What is your bear's name?”

Gina pulled the white teddy bear wearing a Dallas Children's hospital shirt closer to her.

“I'm not going to take away your bear. I was just wondering if the bear told you it's name.”
“Snowball. Rena gave him to me.” Said Gina
“Serena the nurse that took care of you when you came to the hospital?”
“Yeah. She nice so is Dr. Max. Can I live with them?”
“No sweetie but I found a real nice couple that can't wait to meet you. They told me that they would love to have a pretty little girl like you live with them.”
“No mean big boys there?”
“No mean big boys there. You will be the only kid living with them. But they are thinking of getting a puppy. That is if you like puppies. But it wouldn't be until you got use to living with them.”
“I love puppies!”
“Well then how about you finish you lunch and as soon as the doctor tells me I will take you to Brian and Emily's house.”
“Ok.”

Gina picked up her spoon and started to eat her mac and cheese.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 39 9/5/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It appears that Kyle is going to have an interesting undercover job......
Glad Gina was able to share information about Eddie.......he sounds like real trouble.
Hope the new foster family will be able to deal with Gina's emotional problems. At least the puppy might help.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 39 9/5/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

keepsmiling7 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 pm It appears that Kyle is going to have an interesting undercover job......
Glad Gina was able to share information about Eddie.......he sounds like real trouble.
Hope the new foster family will be able to deal with Gina's emotional problems. At least the puppy might help.
Thanks
Agreeing with keepsmiling7. Can't believe Serena's mom is next to go to prison. Hopefully Sean will also be going to prison really soon.

L-J-L 76