In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Title In A Gilded Cage
Author Roswelllostcause
Disclaimer Roswell is owned by many different people. I am not now or have ever been one of them.
Category M/L AU without Aliens
Rating Adult
Summary Liz is a young woman trapped in a loveless and abusive marriage. But she has reasons for staying. Reasons that she can't let those she cares about find out about.

A/N This does start out UC. But I promise a dreamer ending.

Part 1

Elizabeth Parker Bower watched as her husband of five years came out of the bathroom. James Steven Bower the third was the grandson of James Steven Bower the first founder of Bower oil. She had met him her freshman year of college. He had been in his second year of graduate school. He was getting his masters in business. She was just starting to study microbiology. They had ended sharing a table in a crowded coffee shop while a heavy rain came down. They talked and ended up going on a date. Which led to another and a year later they were married. That was when she learned that he was not who she thought he was. He forced her to quit school. She spent most of her time with nothing but the servants for company in the mansion they lived in. She rarely saw any of her friends from before her marriage. She almost never even saw her parents. The only one Liz saw besides her cold mother in law on a regular bases was James's younger sister Serena. Serena was twenty four just like Liz and nothing like the rest of her family.

"Elizabeth, remember we have the charity dinner for the children's hospital tonight. You need to be ready to leave at six." Said James as he tied his tie.
"I haven't forgotten."
"It's black tie. So make sure you are dressed formally."
"I know how to dress James."

James turned and glared at Liz. She knew that if it wasn't for this dinner tonight he would hit her. But there couldn't be any visible marks on her. But later tonight might be a different story.

"Just be ready."

Liz watched as James walked out of the room. She then started to cry. She couldn't believe that she had made such a mistake.

Max Evans sighed as he closed his locker in the employee's lounge of the children's hospital. He had just finished a twenty four hour shift. He was ready to go home take a shower and get some sleep. Then he would be spending his night off at a charity dinner for the hospital. He really didn't want to go. But his mother was head of the fundraising committee so he had to go. He had graduated medical school three months ago. He couldn't wait until he finished his residence so he no longer had to do these twenty four hour shifts.

"You look like shit Evans."

Max looked up at the nurse who had just walked in. Serena Bower was twenty four with strawberry blond hair blue eyes and a sharp tongue. She was also from one of the wealthiest families in the country.

"Thanks a lot Rena." Said Max
"I get off at five. So if you could pick me up at six thirty that would still get us there in plenty of time." Said Serena
"I will be there."
"Thanks. Max, I know you hate these things just like I do."
"It's fine. I have to go anyway."
"Max, too bad I am already madly in love with Kyle, you are a good guy."
"Yeah wish that my last girlfriend had felt that way. So Kyle is working tonight?"
"Yep. Not that my family who will be there tonight like him. Well my sister in law would. But she isn't a stuck up snob like my parents and brother. In fact she is too good for my brother."
"Rena, are you trying to break up your brother's marriage?"

Serena smiled and winked at Max.

"See you at six thirty Dr. Max." Said Serena

Serena headed off to work while Max headed home to get some sleep.

TBC
Last edited by Roswelllostcause on Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 52 times in total.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 1 7/16/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Poor Liz trapped in a loveless marriage.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

This is an interesting start.......I'm anxious to see how Liz can get out of this trap.
I also wonder why she stays with someone like him??
Thanks for the new story!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Feel very sorry for Liz being in a loveless marriage. Someone needs to help Liz get out of the marriage before her she could get seriously hurt. Wondering why Liz's family and friends are not worried about her. Also wondering why family, friends have not tried to contact Liz at all. Love the interaction between Max and Serena. Hoping Serena is going to break up her brothers marriage. Can't wait to find out what will happen charity dinner. Can't wait to find out if Max and Liz will meet and what will happen between them.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 Yes poor Liz! But she has a reason for staying.

Carolyn Liz has a reason for staying. It will be a little while before that reason is revealed.

L-J-L 76 Liz has a reason she is staying. Who said Liz's family isn't worried about her? What makes you think that Max and Liz might not know each other?

Part 2

Liz sat at her dressing table while her hair dresser did her hair. At the same time a manicurist was doing her nails in a French manicure. Dressed only in a silk robe she noticed the faint bruise on her right breast that thankfully would be hidden by her high neckline dress. The slimming red dress was sleeveless that covered her neck in front while leaving much of her back exposed. It came down to her ankles and she had matching shoes and wrap. She glanced at the clock sighing knowing that in less than an hour her husband would be home so he could get ready for this dinner as well. She needed to be nearly ready to walk out the door at that time. She looked in the mirror and saw a woman she didn't even know any more. When she met James, it had been six months since she had broken up with her boyfriend. James had been an older man who charmed her saying all the right things. They dated keeping it slow not even having sex until a month before their wedding. She had made sure that James knew that she hadn't been a virgin at that time. In fact she had lost her virginity to her high school boyfriend that she had just broken up with before leaving for college on her sixteenth birthday. James hadn't been a virgin either, in fact while she had, had only one sexual partner he had more. She hadn't expected him to be. He was five years older than her. She remembered when she had taken him home to meet her parents. He just kind of smirked at the diner her parents owned. She knew that the Crashdown was kind of tacky with it's UFO sign and aliens painted on the walls. But it was the kind of place that an alien themed tourist trap like Roswell New Mexico was expected to have. Her parents had worked hard to try and give her everything she wanted. She still needed a scholarship in order to go to college. So instead of going to Harvard like she dreamed, she ended up at the University of Texas. Her high school boyfriend had gotten a near full scholarship to the University of Michigan to study pre med. She wondered where he was now. She was married to a man that she realized too late that she never loved. James it turned out had only wanted her because of how she looked, and it was James he went by. Never call him Jim, Jimmy or any other nickname. Since she had been with him she was only Elizabeth. The only one that called her Liz the name she had gone by since birth was Serena. James was not pleased that she had not given him a child yet. She had been pregnant once two years ago. It ended in a miscarriage when during a fight she had fallen down the marble staircase in the entrance hall. It had been very early in the pregnancy. She was just finishing putting her dress on when her husband walked in. He looked her over and said nothing. Liz knew then he thought she was dressed just find.

Just after seven that night Max pulled his jeep to a stop in front of the Dallas Grand Hotel. The fundraiser was being held in the hotel's grand ballroom. He let the valet take his jeep and he walked around and let Serena take his arm as he led her in. At the door he handed over their tickets and they were given their table number.

"My family will be at the same table." Said Serena
"There are eight people at each table right?" Asked Max
"Yeah. I don't know who else will be at the table. I know my parents, brother and sister in law are. Who the fourth couple is I have no idea."
"Serena, you don't get along with your family do you?"
"Not most of them. They hate Kyle. My mother has told me more then once that he is beneath me. She hates my sister in law too. She is from a working class family. I know the only reason my brother is with her is because of her looks. It is important to my father that my brother has a good looking wife."
"Let me guess so that his grand kids are good looking."
"Yeah. Not that my brother treats his wife right. I know he hits her. She never told me. But I have seen the bruises on her."
"Why does she stay? I mean does she love him?"
"I have no idea why Liz stays with him. I do know that she had to sign a prenuptial agreement before they married. She is my age. James was finishing his masters in business when they met."
"So he is what five or six years older?"
"Five. Father made him go to summer classes to finish early. I am the disappointment. Not only do I date a cop, but I went to school to become a nurse and take care of sick people in a dangerous emergency room."
"It's your life."
"That is why we are friends Max."

They approached their table to see that the rest of Serena's family was there as well as her father's business partner Steward Anderson and his current wife.

"Serena you're late." Said her father
"I didn't get off work until five father and I had to go home and change." Said Serena
"You don't belong in that place. If you must work in a hospital it should be Hawthorne."
"Hawthorn is a private hospital that caters to rich snobs like you father."
"Young lady we will discuss this attitude of yours later. Now who is your date?"

Serena let out a sigh.

"Father, mother, James and Liz this is Dr. Max Evans. He is a first year intern at Dallas Children's Hospital and just a friend. Kyle is working tonight."

Serena caught the look in Liz's eyes when she looked at Max the first time. Liz quickly looked away. She knew that she would have to find away to get them alone together.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 2 7/17/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I am liking Serena. She isn't happy with her family's situation, and appears to be a good friend to Liz.
Sorry about the miscarriage.........but the creep is abusing Liz.
Anxious to see how Max and Liz get along......??
This James is a real jerk.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 2 7/17/19

Carolyn Serena is a great friend to Liz. You see a little of Max and Liz together here. James is more than a jerk.

Part 3

Liz excused herself from the group and headed over to the bar to get a drink. When she got Serena alone she would give her a piece of her mind. Serena knew who Max Evans was to her. She also knew that she was still in love with Max.

"Vodka martini with an olive." Liz told the bartender

Liz closed her eyes as she saw him come up to her.

"It's been a long time Max." Said Liz softly
"It has. You look good."
"So do you."
"Liz, Serena didn't tell me that you are married to her brother."
"That is not a surprise. Serena doesn't get along with her family."
"Except you."
"Yeah. Not that Victoria likes me. She thinks I am a gold digger."
"I don't see you that way. Do you love him?"
"Thought I did when I married him. Not so sure any more. I know It's not the same as how I felt for you."
"Why didn't we last?"
"I don't know. Max, I need to get back to James."

Max watched her go and sighed.

"He is abusing her you know."

Max turned to see Serena standing next to him.

"What do you mean?" Asked Max
"He hits her. He never does it so it will show. Never the face. Liz won't talk about it. But I have seen her bruises."
"Why won't Liz leave him?"
"She tried once. Went back to Roswell. But he had her dragged back told her if she did that again he would see that her parent's diner was closed down forever."
"So she is trapped."
"Yeah. Max, he has been trying to get her pregnant."
"It hasn't worked?"
"She was pregnant once about two years after they married. She miscarried after being pushed down the stairs."
"Serena what do you want me to do about it?"
"Nothing. You can't do anything."

Max watched as Liz was pulled out of the ballroom by her husband.

Liz didn't fight as James pulled her out of the ballroom. He pulled her into a small alcove just down the hall from the ballroom.

"You know Serena's date don't you Elizabeth?" Growled James
"Yes." Liz admitted knowing better then to lie.
"How?! Tell me!"
"We dated in high school."
"Dated in high school? Was it his dick that you screwed?"
"Yes. Max is the only one I was with before you."
"Elizabeth, remember you are my wife. If I find out that you are fucking him or anyone else you will pay is that clear? I can't stop you from talking to that asshole tonight, but you are to never have contact him again do I make myself clear?"
"Yes James, you are loud and clear."
"By the way you look nice."
"Thank you."

Liz let James take her arm as they returned to the ballroom.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 3 7/19/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So Max and Liz have a past......why didn't they last??
Poor Liz, trapped by the power James holds over her......
Wish Max could, or would do something to help her out of that situation.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 3 7/19/19

Carolyn Yes Max and Liz have a past. Are you really surprised?

Part 4

It was nearly one in the morning when Liz and James returned home to the twenty room mansion they lived in. The house sat on a nearly twenty acres that had an Olympic size pool with pool house, two tennis courts, a separate servants quarters and a small stable. Liz personally never cared for the house. But it was the house James wanted so that is where they lived. Once they reached their bedroom James turned to her.

"Elizabeth, I haven't forgotten your attitude from this morning. You are too never disrespect me again! Now get undressed!"

Liz did as she was told knowing it will be worse if she didn't. Liz closed her eyes as James took his belt and used it to hit her across the back. Once he hit her five times with it he shoved her to the bed. He removed his clothes then climbed on top of her.

"Elizabeth, we are going to have a family do you understand Me? If I find out that you are doing something to stop that you will pay."

Liz just nodded. It was twenty minutes later that James started to thrust into her hard. She winced at the hard thrust. Sex wasn't always this rough and painful. It was only like this when James was mad for whatever reason. In fact the first time they had sex he had been sweet and loving. Even the first year of their marriage had been good. But that changed after Liz had lunch with her childhood friend Alex Whitman. James refused to believe that Alex was like a brother to her. He said women and men can't have a platonic relationship. James grunted as he kept pounding into her. Liz let out a gasp as she felt her body orgasm. It was only seconds later that James had his release. He rolled off her breathing hard. Liz pulled a sheet to cover herself.

"Elizabeth, get some sleep. Walter Jennings and his wife are coming for lunch. You are to spend time with Tess." Said James

Liz just nodded rolling off her back that was now covered in black and blue marks as well as welts from the belt.

Max paced in his apartment. Seeing Liz was the last thing he had expected. He should have known Serena was up to something. She always talked about her sister in law, called her Liz. But never gave him much more details. Liz was so different from how he remembered her. She was withdrawn and quite. He didn't understand how she could be married to that cold man. It took some doing but Serena finally admitted that James forced Liz to drop out of school. That it had been nearly two years since Liz had seen her parents and four since she had seen Maria or Alex. He knew that Liz had missed both Maria's and Alex's weddings. But now he knew that it wasn't really her choice. It had been James who didn't let her go. He let his mind drift back to when he and Liz were together.

Max smiled at Liz as they laid on her bed. Her parents were out of town and they had come to her apartment to study. But their study date had turned to a make out session.

"I love you Max." Said Liz softly
"That's good cause I have been in love with you for a long time."
"How long?"
"Let's see it had to be about eight years ago. I had just moved to town and only knew my sister. My mom took us to the park where there was this cute brown hair girl with pigtails. I knew as soon as I saw her that she was the girl I wanted to know."
"You were too shy to come up to me."
"Well I got over it."
"Yes you did."

Max kissed her. Liz pushed him over and climbed on top of him.

"Max make love to me."
"Liz are you sure?"
"Max, you are the only one I have ever wanted to give my virginity to."

They kissed and slowly undressed each other. Max kissed her from the bottom of her ear all the way down to her soft and tender womanhood. He looked into to her warm loving eyes. He silently asked permission. Liz nodded and he gently pushed his finger into her and began to pump it in and out. Liz let out a moan and he increased the pace pushing a second finger into her.

"God Max! That feels good!"

Max just smiled as he kept pumping his fingers into her. Finally Liz cried out as she was hit with an orgasm. Max removed his fingers and licked Liz's juices from them.

"You taste good sweetie."
"Max, I need you."
"Liz, I have to be sure that this is really what you want. You know once we do this we can never take it back."
"Max, I have never wanted anything more in my life."

Max kissed her reached down and removed a condom from his jeans pocket.

"You were hoping that I would want to do this."
"Well you know what they say always be prepared."
"Yeah. But I never a boy scout."

Max just smiled and kissed her. He removed the condom from it's wrapper and rolled it on his erection. He placed his penis at Liz's entrance and slowly started to inch his way in. He watched as Liz bit her lip. He knew that this was not a pleasant feeling for her. He stopped when he reached her barrier. He was waiting for her to finish stretching to fit him.

"I'm ready Max. Make it quick ok?"

Max nodded and pulled part way out. He then pushed all the way in taking her virginity along with his own. He watched as a few tears fell from her eyes as he waited for her to adjust to him being full encased inside of her. It only took a minute before Liz started to move under him. With that he started to thrust in and out of her. He grunted with each thrust hearing Liz moan in pleasure as they slowly made love. They moved in sync as if they had been made for each other. They climaxed together. Max fell to the bed next to her pulling her close.

"You ok Liz?"
"Yeah that was amazing."

They drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

Max remembered how happy they were. But that all changed days before they left for different colleges.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 4 7/21/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So James made Liz drop out of school.......
And his brutality is making me sick.
Loved the Max/Liz memories......wonder why they broke up???
Thanks