In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 20 8/7/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn More will come out about Max and Liz's break up later.

RoswellFan68 When more comes out about the break up you will know why they weren't in contact. Yes Liz is smart to stay away from Max until her divorce goes through.

L-J-L 76 Serena and Kyle are great friends for Liz to have.

Part 21

Liz walked into her friend's kitchen after seeing their bedroom door closed and hearing a few sounds she really hadn't wanted to. She was glad that Kyle and Serena had found each other. Kyle had never had any luck in love in high school. From what Serena had told her she had been used by boys who just wanted to be seen with her because of her family's money. Liz looked in the kitchen and smiled when she found everything she needed to make blueberry pancakes. She set to work and started a pot of coffee for her friends. She couldn't have coffee because of the baby that didn't mean she was going to make her friends go without. Liz turned from the grille when she heard footsteps behind her.

“Liz, you are a guest you don't need to cook for us.” Said Kyle
“I want to do this. Kyle, I use to help my dad in the Crashdown kitchen before he kicked me out to wait tables. I haven't been able to cook in years.” Said Liz
“Ok do you need any help? It can't be easy with your arm broken.”
“This isn't my first broken arm. Remember when I tried to be a cheerleader in 7th grade?”
“Yeah they put you on top of the pyramid.”
“And I fell off the top.”
“You landed hard and broke your arm.”
“Right.”
“Liz, I got to ask. Do you still love Max?”

Liz closed her eyes and slowly nodded her head.

“Then why did you marry James?” asked Serena joining them.
“James was charming when I met him. Now I know it was all an act. It wasn't just a chance meeting in that coffee shop. He had seen me on campus and decided he wanted me. Not because he liked me. But he wanted me just because he liked how I looked.”
“Liz, my brother wasn't always an asshole. He was a good brother when I was little. It wasn't until he was taken under my father's wing that he became like this.” Said Serena
“I find the idea of him being a good brother hard to believe.” Said Kyle
“It's true. James, looked out for me. In fact there was this one guy I was dating when I was 15. Terrence, he was two years older and on the tennis team. He was from a family with money. I liked him a lot. My parents liked him a lot. What I didn't realize was he was a playboy. He only cared about how many girls he had sex with. I had sex with him. He thought I was a virgin. I wasn't do to the fact I was into partying at the time. He dumped me the next day. All he had ever wanted from me was sex. I actually thought he liked me. James found out and beat the crap out of him.”
“So when he take to beating on women?”
“I don't know. But I get the feeling Liz isn't the first on he's hit.”
“I'm not. I didn't find out until last year he use to hit a girl he dated in high school.” Said Liz
“Carolyn Lewis. Her family has money they dated about a year. I don't know what happened but one day she had a black eye the next she was shipped off to some boarding school out east.” Said Serena
“My guess is your brother gave her the black eye. Maybe she refused to have sex with him.” Said Liz

Kyle looked at his childhood friend. Her lip was split and bruises on her face along with the broken arm told him she was speaking from experience.

Max woke to his phone ringing. He answered without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” he mumbled
“Maxwell.”
“Michael what do you want?”
“I want to know if you have heard anything about Liz?”
“She is the one that turned in her husband and father in law.”
“That sounds like the Liz that I know. But is she ok?”
“Michael, yesterday morning before he was arrested he beat the crap out of her. Even broke her arm.”
“I hope he rots in hell.”
“I know how you feel. Serena had nothing to do with any of the business.”
“I know that. I actually like that red headed spitfire.”
“Reminds you of your wife?”
“Maybe a little. Uh you wouldn't happen to have Liz's number would you?”
“No. She thinks that it would be best if she and I keep our distance until her divorce is final.”
“So she is finally leaving that bastard.”
“Yeah. Well the fact that she ratted out the guy for giving money to terrorists kind of is a deal breaker don't you think?”
“So is she in protective custody?”
“No. She is staying with Serena and Kyle. From what I heard James the second and third are both being held without bail in some off the books government prison.”
“Really? How you find that out?”
“From Liz. The FBI agents she was working with told her.”
“Good. I'll call Kyle and see if I can talk to her.”
“Michael, I gave Liz, Maria's number.”
“I will make sure that Maria talks to Liz.”
“Thanks.”

Max hung up and went to take a shower. He had to go pick up his jeep before going to work.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 21 8/8/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Of course Kyle came right out and asked if Liz still loved Max!
Hard to believe that James was once a good brother to Serena.
Glad Michael is trying to get a hold of Liz, and I hope she will soon call Maria.
Should Liz be in protective custody??
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Michael owns his escape from Hank and his abuse on Liz. It will help Maria and Liz rebuild their friendship.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow that is so sweet and kind that Liz wants to make Kyle and Serena breakfast. Wow Kyle asked if Liz had feeling for Max and finds out she does. That was a sweet memory Serena has of her brother before he turned into a major asshole. So glad that Michael and Max talked about how Liz is doing and what she is going to do. Can't wait to find out who is going to make the first call Liz or Maria. Can't wait for Max and Liz to talk again.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Michael sees Liz as the sister he never had. So he wants to look out for her. Liz is safe for now at least. James and his father are locked up. But that doesn't mean there isn't danger out there.

RoswellFan68 Michael does owe Liz. He wants her safe and will do what he has to, to help her and keep her safe.

L-J-L 76 Liz wanted to do something for her two friends that have helped her so much.

Part 22

Two Weeks later

Liz took a deep breath as she dialed the number that Max had given her. It had taken her this long to get the nerve to make this call. She listened as the phone rang on the other end. Then she heard someone answer. Someone who's voice she hadn't heard in a long time.

“Hello?”
“Hi um Maria, it's Liz.”
“First are you ok?”
“Yeah. I mean I have a broken arm. But other than that yes. Maria, I'm sorry.”
“No Liz, I am the one that is sorry.”
“Maria, I wanted to be at your wedding. James wouldn't let me come up for it.”
“Liz, Michael thinks you are the informant.”
“I always knew under that slacker front he put out for the world to see was a really smart guy.”
“So he is right?”
“Yeah. I can't give you details but I found enough evidence to put James and his father in prison for at least the rest of their lives.”
“You said you have a broken arm. Did that bastard do that to you?”
“Yeah not long before he was arrested. Maria, if I can get a ride I will come up to Roswell soon. Other wise I have to wait until my arm heals.”
“Why can't you drive?”
“My car has a manual transmission. Serena doesn't know how to drive one, and it would not be a good idea for Kyle to be seen driving a BMW convertible.”
“Not on a beat cop salary anyway.”
“Yeah.”
“Liz, maybe I can drive down to you.”
“Well I am staying with Serena and Kyle right now. I hate that huge house James insisted we live in. I am looking for my own place.”
“If I have to I will sleep on their couch. Or we could share the guest room. It's not like during sleep overs we never slept in the same bed before.”
“I know. It's just Maria, I'm pregnant.”
“How long? You weren't showing when you visited Roswell a few months ago.”
“Around three months.”
“Well then you and Alex will have a kid close in age. Isabel is pregnant with their second kid.”
“That is great. I always thought Isabel would make a great mom. I mean she may have acted like an ice princess at times. But she really is very caring.”
“True, then there is her at Christmas.”

Liz laughed.

“All hail the Christmas Nazi!” said Liz
“Remember senior year of high school?”
“Yes! We got roped into being elves at the Santa's village. Candy Cane and Snowflake.”
“Michael was Santa, after the first one showed up drunk.”
“Yeah. You know Max loved seeing me in that outfit.”
“More like he liked helping you out of it.”
“MARIA!”

Maria laughed making Liz laugh too.

“Maria, this is nice. I missed it.” Said Liz after recovering.
“I miss my best friend.”
“I miss you too.”
“Liz, you should have told someone he was hurting you.”
“It doesn't work like that. You know that. Michael didn't talk about Hank hurting him. I knew it was wrong for James to hurt me. But I felt I had to settle for him. That by breaking up with Max after high school I blew my chance at having the most wonderful guy in my life.”
“You going to get back with Max?”
“Not before my divorce is final. I can't risk anything happing to him. I still love him.”
“Of course you do sweetie. You and Max were the most perfect couple in high school.”
“Yeah I know. Voted most likely to get married.”
“Everyone knew it. Why do you think Pam Troy never tried to break you two up? She knew that she didn't stand a chance. Oh by the way Pam got with my asshole cousin for a while. She has three kids by him. He left her with them and doesn't send any child support.”
“As much as I don't like Pam that should never have happened to her.”
“You're right. She has to work two jobs to make ends meet. She works at Wal-Mart in the morning and Cow Patties at night.”
“That is sad.”
“Yeah.”
“Maria, I should go. It's nice to hear your voice.”
“You take care. Talk to you soon.”

Liz hung up and breathed a sigh of relief.

TBC

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 22 8/10/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Liz needs to trade her car so she is not trapped or dependent on Serena and Kyle to go places. She should go see her parents too.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Finally Maria and Liz had a great talk. I'm glad she offered to pick her up and bring her Roswell.
It appears that Liz really the cause of the break up.......
How long with the divorce take??
Great part!
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:Finally Maria and Liz had a great talk. I'm glad she offered to pick her up and bring her Roswell.
It appears that Liz really the cause of the break up.......
How long with the divorce take??
Great part!
Agree with keepsmiling7

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 The only reason Liz isn't able to drive is because of the cast on her arm makes it too hard with her car having a manual transmission. She really does need to go and see her parents and tell them everything.

Carolyn It was a good talk between Liz and Maria. As for the divorce it depends mostly on weather or not James fights it and when they get a court date.

L-J-L 76 Thanks.

Part 23

Max walked into the employee lounge and poured himself a cup of coffee. He was on hour fifteen of his twenty four hour shift. He really couldn't wait to finish his year as an intern, the first year out of medical school. Serena walked in and grabbed a coke from the refrigerator.

“So how is Liz doing?” asked Max
“Better, other than James is pissed about Liz filing for divorce.” Said Serena
“Yeah well he really thought he was in control of Liz. What he failed to understand is no one is going to control Liz Parker.”
“Speaking from experience?”
“Not personally. But I know her well enough to know that.”
“James isn't use to not being in control.”
“Serena, I wish there was something I could do for Liz.”
“Be her friend.”
“She doesn't even want to be seen with me until after her divorce is final.”
“Max, she is still trying to protect you. She loves you.”
“You really think so?”
“I know so. Max, my brother is in a lot of trouble. Liz is going to get what she wants in the divorce weather he likes it or not. My mother is blaming me for everything.”
“No offense but your mother is a piece of work.”
“Max my mother is a bitch.”
“Dr. Evans 13 year old with a gsw to the chest pulling in now.” Said another nurse sticking her head in.

Max and Serena looked at each other put their drinks down and headed out.

Caitlin sat at the kitchen table in the apartment above the Crashdown working on her book report. She wished that Liz was there to talk to. It wasn't that she didn't like her Uncle Jeff and Aunt Nancy. It was just she always felt closer to Liz. Ten years was a big age difference but Liz for as long as she could remember never pushed her away. Caitlin knew that there were times when they were younger that she annoyed Liz's friends. But Liz never got upset when she followed her around. She put down her pencil and grabbed the cell phone Liz bought her before she left. Liz told her she would pay the bill as long as Caitlin kept her grades up. She touched the screen and picked Liz's name from her contact list. Not that she had many numbers. She had Liz's the Crashdown, the apartment’s land line as well as both her Aunt and Uncle's cell phone. As well as numbers for the Sheriff. Liz had also given her the numbers to reach Liz's lawyer a Mrs. Evans.

“Hi Caity.” Said Liz
“Hi Liz. Uh I am working on this book report.”
“What book?”
“Catcher in the Rye.”
“That's a good book.”
“Yeah I liked it. But I am having trouble with writing my thoughts on what Holden is feeling.”
“Caity, let's just talk about the book.”
“Ok.”

Liz and Caitlin talked for nearly an hour about the book. By the time they hung up Caitlin felt better about what to write. She looked at the notes she had made while talking to Liz. She then headed to the computer set up in the living room and started to type up her report. She was still typing away when Nancy walked in with a bag of groceries.

“Did you solve the problem you have been having with your report Cait?” asked Nancy
“Yeah. Well I called Liz and we discussed the book and that helped.”
“That's good. How does grilled lemon chicken sound for dinner with wild grain rice and grilled zucchini?”
“That sounds awesome. That is my favorite dinner.”
“I know. Cait, you are part of this family. I know you are still hurting after losing your parents. But your Uncle Jeff and I want you to be happy with us, and know we love you.”

Caity, got up and wrapped her aunt in a hug. She did feel like she was part of the family.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 23 8/11/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Glad Max and Serena can talk about Liz, and he can keep up with her.
Liz was so good to help Caity with her book report. Poor girls is suffering so much after the loss of her parents. But the Parkers are trying their best.
Thanks