A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult) 6/12/08*Complete*

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult) 6/12/08*Complete*

Post by jake17 »

Title: A simple twist of fate
Author: jake17
Disclaimer: I own nothing Roswell, just my late night dreams of Jason.
Pairings: M/L
Rating: Adult
Summary: This story is about a beautiful shy girl who thought that love had passed her by - until one very strange peculiar day something happened that would change everything.

Chapter 1.

Liz circled the day on her calender...September 9th. She let out a deep sigh as she thought of the implications of that very important day.

'Well another birthday for me... fantastic! What's the problem Parker...just because you're turning thirty in five days and you're still single and alone...oh I left out stuck in a boring dead end job..it's no reason to be depressed. Your still healthy and have lots of supportive people in your...blah, blah, blah...screw it. I need a drink."

She sipped her coffee wondering if seventhirty was too early for a little nip.

'I wonder if talking to yourself is a sign of insanity? I should ask Maria she would know' she thought to herself as she began to type one of the many emails she would be sending her friend that day.

They were best friends not to sound seventh grade about it but it made sense to Liz considering that's how long they had been friends for. They were the type of friends that could finish each others sentences and that always understood you know matter how crazy you sounded. The kind of friend that would do anything for you and throughout the years that's pretty much what Maria did for Liz.

They were always together until Liz made a decision to change her life completely and move across the country.

She was given this chance when her beloved grandma Claudia had passed away and left her a very tiny house in a very tiny town in Connecticut.

Not exactly the exciting opportunity that most people would jump at but Liz was painfully shy and never was into the bar scene. From what she knew of from her visits with her grandma Connecticut was very pretty and best of all very very far.

It was the night of the wedding that she decided she had had enough. She was so happy for Maria. Marrying Michael was the happiest day of her life and Liz loved every minute of seeing her best friend's dreams come true. Marie and Michael were successful lawyers and lived in a beautiful house in their hometown of Roswell New Mexico.

Their life was set. Liz's life...well....that was another story.

After high school Liz drifted from one dead end job to another. This really didn't bother her all that much because she was in love and planned on getting married and having the white picket fence and all that went with it.

Unfortunately her boyfriend Kyle Valenti had plans of his own...which included many secret nights with a busty blonde bimbo named Tess.

What made this all worse was that virtually everyone in the town knew of this little affair except for his loyal girlfriend who spent her time gazing at wedding gowns and trying to decide what shaped diamond she wanted.

Her dreams were shattered three years ago the day before Maria's wedding when Michael insisted on Liz knowing. Kyle was a good friend but he loved Liz and couldn't bear to see her betrayed anymore.

Breaking the man code Michael told Maria and well...the rest is history.

It's been three years and Liz although sometimes homesick and all the time Maria sick was ok with life in the small country town.

Her house was modest but it was the surroundings that Liz loved. She lived on a busy route but the back yard was a beautiful retreat.

She had a nice deck that looked out on a peaceful area filled with tall white birch trees. She had woods as far back as she could see and complete privacy except for one house that was situated on the left of hers.

This was never a problem because the people that lived there were an elderly couple that never went out doors and was very hard of hearing.

This all changed one day when after a long day of work Liz heard loud voices coming from outside her house. She had been watching a talk show and became very tired of throwing things at the TV being completely nauseated by a repeat of a Valentines Day special and decided to go and investigate.

She yanked on the cord of her blinds in her bedroom and screamed being completely startled at the man that was standing right outside her window.

He was absolutely beautiful and the sight of him left Liz frozen like a deer in headlights.

She silently wished so bad she had not changed out of her stylish work clothes. She was dressed in her comfy sweatpants and a tee shirt she had gotten on her vacation to Boston.

He looked up at her obviously embarrassed for frightening her. She noticed his lips moving but couldn't hear anything.
'Oh my god...I've gone deaf! This beautiful mysterious man shows up outside my window and god picks this moment to take away my hearing.'

Her thoughts raced through her mind as she gazed up at him. He had very dark black hair that ended about two inches above his broad shoulders and fell a little across the most amazing amber colored eyes she had ever seen. His smile was warm and friendly and surprisingly he seemed completely oblivious to his god-like appearance.

He kept pointing to the window as he smiled at her laughing alittle to himself.

'Oh...oh..god I'm not deaf...the window...you idiot Liz open the window.'

She smiled completely embarrassed as she opened the window making it now possible for her to hear him.

"Hi...I'm so sorry I scared you. I was just looking at your bushes."

Just the sound of his husky voice sent chills up her spine. 'Oh god he sounds as good as he looks'

"My w-what" she said not even realizing she had bushes underneath her window.

"Your bushes..see I just moved in next door and I was admiring your bushes...and I'm just now realizing how rude that was walking right up to your house like that... especially since we don't even know each other."

He looked down at the ground feeling incredibly stupid thinking of the wonderful first impression he was making.

"I'm sorry...my grandparents didn't tell me anything about the people living here please tell your husband I'm sorry for s-scaring you like that."

He stuttered shyly completely taken by the beautiful raven haired girl looking back at him.

"Oh I'm not married...actually I live here alone." Liz smiled brightly at him . 'good job Parker now he thinks you're a complete looser.'

"Oh...well I guess that makes two of us. The winters here were too much for my grandparents so we decided to switch houses...I-I'm going to be living here alone too. I have a condo in Florida which works out much better with the no winters and everything." he helplessly rambled on and on wondering why the hell his grandfather forgot to mention the stunning girl that lived next door.

"I'm Max...Max Evans." he lifted his hand to shake hers only to realize painfully that there was a screen separating them. He started to lower his hand in embarrassement when she quickly lifted the screen feeling bad for him.

"Liz...Parker." she reached out and their hands touched filling them both with a warm sensation that made their hearts beat a little faster. They looked down blushing from the obvious connection that was felt.

"Well I better get back. I only have these movers for another hour...it was really nice meeting you...again sorry for -

"Oh it was nothing really...It was nice to meet you too."

She watched him as he turned to walk away.

At that moment a huge gust of wind blew by making the gold and red colored leaves fall all around him.

He glanced back at her with his hands up in the air smiling as the wind blew his dark thick hair all around.

"Is the weather always like this?" he yelled back to her.

"Well we definitely have our strange days." She smiled at him laughing out loud as he pulled a leaf from his hair.

'and this is definitely one of them' she breathed out as she watched him walk away.
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:07 am, edited 17 times in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A Simple Twist of Fate (AU M/L adult) chpt 2 11/7/07

Post by jake17 »

Emz80m: God it was so nice to see that first feedback, thank you so much for taking the time! hope you like the next part! :D
Natalie36: Thank you for the smily face! so nice to see you here!! :)
martine: You have no idea how happy I was to read your FB!! so nice to see you here!! I was very nervous about posting this, it's only my second story and it's so different from the other one I wasn't sure if anyone would like it :shock: You made me feel so much better with what you said!
please feel free to be totally honest about what you think! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story!! :D
begonia9508: you too! :D so happy when I saw your name!! So happy you liked this, please let me know if I should do anything different! thank you! :D
LegalAlien: Wow thank you for your very very sweet FB! :D I hope so much you like the next part! :shock: :)

Chapter 2.

Liz stood in the grocery store staring at all different brands of brownie mixes trying to find the one with the least amount of steps. This was very important due to the fact that pushing the buttons on her microwave was as close as Liz had gotten to following a recipe.

After a very long and urgent conversation with Maria on the phone about the mysterious gorgeous stranger it was decided that it would be perfectly normal and polite to go to his door with something welcoming him to the neighborhood - the neighborhood that consisted of their two houses.

Liz started to develop a headache from the many varieties of brownies and decided to try and think of something different.

'Ok maybe I don't actually gave to cook...hmm maybe a bottle of wine...oh oh I may have something here...if I bring him wine he might offer to open it and we could have a glass together and....oh god will you get a hold of yourself Parker!'

She pushed her cart down the isle passing on the brownies deciding it was foolish to give him the impression that she even knew how to work her oven - which she didn't - unfortunately .

'Maria always says it is very bad to start off a relationship with a lie - relationship - I had one conversation with him wearing my sweat pants and my penguin tee shirt I got from the Boston aquarium - I'm not sure that constitutes a relationship - probably not.'

She drove down the country tree lined road in her black suv singing away to her favorite song hitting every note possible except for the correct ones. It was a beautiful sunny day and Liz felt very happy for some reason - happier than she had been in a long long time.

She pulled into the diveway nearly clipping the white fence that bordered the yard while straining her neck to see if his old blue truck was in his driveway - it was!

'Ok Parker be cool don't look over there you don't want to look like your watching his every move' She thought to herself as she opened the back of her car to get her groceries.

She reached in and pulled at the white plastic bags gathering them in her hands when she once again heard that incredible voice.

"Hi..Liz"

She looked up to find him walking across the yard towards her.

The sun was shinning brightly and it hit him just right making his dark toned skin glow. He ran his hand through his black hair and away from his eyes that seemed to just light up when he saw her. He wore a black tee shirt and a worn pair of jeans that showed off his long torso. He was not a big guy but you could tell that every inch of him was toned and sculpted. Let's just say he was sexy as hell!

'Oh my god...oh - my - god...he is so beautiful' she thought as she tried her best to look cool while holding her grocery bag...little did she know cool had left the building a couple of hours ago - actually cool had never really shown up.

She smiled trying her hardest to look cute and appealing now that she was dressed in normal clothes and had spent an enormous amout of time with her hair and make up - to get that naturally pretty look....something she had possessed already but never believed she had.

She also tried very hard to make it not completely obvious that she was extremely attracted him - which was difficult considering her whole body was shaking from the hard pounding of her heart.

She flipped her hair off her shoulder and gave him her best smile trying to be casual without coming off like a complete dork...too late.

"Hi.. Max"

"Umm Liz...your umm" He smiled widely pointing to bag.

"Oh yeah I just went to the grocery store...I could show you where it is sometime if you need -

"That would be great but Liz I think you've got a hole in your bag there"

Liz looked down in disbelief as she watched her oranges fall out the bottom of her bag and roll away one by one down the diveway.

"Oh my god" she quickly bent down and tried to catch them as they fell but ended up dumping the rest of the bag upside down on the ground.

"Oh my god" she repeated as she looked down and then over at the oranges at the end of the driveway not knowing what to get first while secretly cursing god that he couldn't just grant her one moment of dignity.

He reached out and very lightly touched her arm. Her whole body felt as if it were on fire. 'wow' was the only word that she could form in her brain at this point.

"Here you get these and I'll go get the runaway oranges" he laughed loving how she looked when she got all flustered - thinking he had never seen anyone cuter in his life.

"Great job Max...run away oranges...I'm sure you just swept her off her feet with that clever line."

Liz was just trying to find the air in her lungs as she watched him bend over to the ground.

'wow' again still the the only word still forming in her brain.

"Here you go" he put them in another bag and started to pick up the rest of the groceries.

"Oh you don't have to do that -

"I insist...we wouldn't want to have another orange incident...who knows the milk might be planning an escape as we speak." Max walked up her stone stairs mortified at his attempt at humor.

Liz laughed away as she tripped up the stairs unable to concentrate on walking due to seeing the muscles in his arms flex as he carried the bags. 'Oh yeah he definitely has a girl friend...some long legged busty blonde super model I'm sure.' she thought as she searched for her keys.

'Yeah she definitely has a boyfriend...probably some yuppie lawyer type who showers her with expensive presents...get a grip Evans look at her...no one who looks like that is going to be alone.'

They stood on the tiny step very close together as Liz tried very hard to find the right key and successfully get it into the hole. A job that most days she could do without even having to look at the door but at this moment standing so close to him it was taking every brain cell she could muster.

He stood behind her waiting - dying actually - without knowing it she was continually brushing up against him as she tried to open the door. He didn't think he would live through it.

After several attempts they were finally in.

"Thank you so much...you can just put them on the table."

He put the groceries down and nervously shoved his hands in his pockets as he looked around her small house.

"This is really nice...cozy" he quickly regretted using the word cozy 'god what kind of guy uses the word cozy!'

"Thanks"

"So"

"So"

They stood smiling at each other both trying to ignore the huge uncomfortable silence.

Both dying to know what it would be like if they kissed.

Max swallowed hard knowing that it was now or never. He felt like he had to start taking chances and she was definitely worth the risk of any kind of failure. 'just do it what's the worst that can happen...besides complete and total humilation and embarrassment...it's not like I haven't been down that road before'

"So ....I was just wondering...I mean I-I came over here to ask you if you weren't doing anything tonight if you wanted to come over...we could watch a movie and get some pizza or whatever you want it doesn't matter to me...I mean that is if you don't already have plans tonight - which you probably do considering it's Saturday night and everything I mean I'm sure your going out with your boyfriend or something -

"No" Liz finally interrupted his rambling nervous speech

"No...you don't want to come over -

"No...I mean yes I'd love to come over...I meant no I don't have a boyfriend...and I don't have any plans...so yes I'd love to."
she smiled brightly at him completely stunned that he asked her.

"Oh okay that's great then...is eight ok?"

"Yeah sure that's great"

"Ok then great"

"Yeah...great"

Can someone please say great just one more time?

They both were nodding and smiling looking completely ridiculous and falling completely in love.
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A simple twist of fate (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 11/11/07

Post by jake17 »

raemac: thank you for reading my little romantic story, I was so happy to see you here!! I hope so much you like the next part!! :D
begonia9508: I know I wish I had a neighbor like that too!! thanks so much for your FB! I always love reading your replies!!! :D
Natalie36: I'm sooo happy you like this!! thank you so much for your sweet FB! :D
L-J-L 76: so nice to see your name here!! :) I hope your like the next part! :D thank you for your FB!! :D
Strawberry88: Hi! I'm so happy you like this!! thank you for leaving me your very sweet FB!! :D
martine: thank you so much for your wonderful FB! :D You made me feel so much better, I wasn't sure if people would like that I wrote what they were thinking. I hope I gave you what you were hoping for in this chpt :wink: thanks so much for reading this!! :D

Chapter 3.

Liz peered through the blinds in her spare bedroom hoping against hope she would get a glimpse of him. It seems as though Max did not appreciate his grandmothers old fashion shades with the tassels hanging off them and took all of them off the windows.

Little did he know this gave Liz a perfect view of his bedroom and living room.

'This is so wrong...oh my god there he is'

She leaned in closer to get a better view and slipped off the bed which landed her head first on the floor.

'Ok I get it...I get it...spying is bad'

At that moment she heard the beat up old truck start in his driveway - she was once again at the window.

'Hmm wonder where he's going...oh my god it's five already I have to get in the shower and try to figure out what I'm going to wear.'

Liz stood in the shower washing her hair when she started to feel the unfamiliar nervousness in the pit of her stomach.

It had been years since she had been on a date. If you could call sitting on the couch next to Kyle while he drinks beer and makes sexist jokes with his friends a date.

Actually she had never really been with someone who made her feel special or cared about anything she had to say.

She knew her role with Kyle - sit quietly, look pretty, and keep your opinions to yourself. She had given up on romance a long time ago thinking it was only in the movies something that definitely would never happen to her.

'You're doing it again Parker...you don't even know if this is a date...he doesn't know anyone ..what is he going to do sit over there all by himself'

She started to scrub her hair harder feeling stupid that she let herself get all excited.

'Friends....I'm sure he just wants to be friends...look at him why would he be interested in me when he could obviously have anyone he wants.'

Max drove down main street to check out his first contracting job. It was a little anitique store that was filled with beautiful old funiture and paintings. The message said that his grandfather recommended him and it was a small job knocking down a wall to extend a room increasing the size of the showroom.

Max was used to building large houses back in Florida. His business was booming after several years of hard work. At the time he had ten men working for him and contracts piling up on his desk.

His decision to leave was not an easy one but sometimes you have no choice when everything around you fills you with memories that break your heart. His grandparents loved him and were very worried - so worried that they gave up their house and moved into his condo. His family prayed that the new suroundings and a fresh start would help...so did Max.

He was shocked when the owner told him that he was expecting him to start today. He was unware that the store was going to be close during the renovation. Asking the man for a phone book he looked up her number and called her right away.

"Hi umm Liz it's Max...from next door...I'm wondering if you could come over at nine instead of eight tonight..if there is any problem give me a call..it's the same number..so ok umm I guess I'll see you tonight."

Max cringed at his message 'god that sounded so stupid...why are you even stressing about this...she probably doesn't even see this as a date...I never called it a date...she probably didn't want to be rude and turn you down to your face Evans'

At that moment his toolbox slipped out of his hands and landed on his foot. He sat down in one of the old chairs in the store and held his foot in pain.

'Damn it...this is insane...she's not interested in you that way...stop being so friggin nervous.'

He couldn't get her out of his mind and was very stressed about this date...oh sorry according to these insecure twits he was very stressed about the two neighbors getting together to be just friends night.

Liz stepped out of the shower and decided she needed advice from Maria about what to say and what to wear. Unfortunately she missed the flashing red light on the answering machine and never recieved Max's message.

Max worked for two hours straight pulling down the sheet rock that joined the two rooms. The last of it came tumbling down on his head leaving him completely covered in white powdery dust. His heart stopped when he looked up at the old grandfather clock in the corner of the room and saw the time.

'Oh my god I have to get out of here.' his heart started to race knowing that soon he would be seeing his beautiful neighbor again.

Little did he know he would be seeing her sooner than he expected.

Liz stood in front of her full length mirror looking herself over. She decided that since this was not a date and they weren't actually going out she would look stupid if she dressed up. After discarding several outfits on the floor she decided on a blue fitted sweater and a new pair of jeans she had just gotten.

She sat shaking on the couch staring at the clock. Ok it's 7:56 it's time Parker just get it together and walk over there you can do this.'

She grabbed the bottle of wine she brought as a welcome to the neighborhood ( this is really just an excuse to see you) present and walked across the yard.

She went to knock on the door and was surprised when it came open with just a tap of her hand.

"Max?"

Not knowing what she should do she put the wine down on the kitchen table and slowly walked down the hallway thinking maybe he was in the living room.

Suddenly the bathroom door opened and she found herself standing two inches away from a dripping wet freshly showered very surprised Max.

"Max!"

Her mouth fell open and her heart jumped with the site before her. He was soaking wet with beads of water dripping down every hard beautiful muscle he possessed. Her eyes were drawn to the tight ripples of his stomach and the towel that was being tightly clenched by a very shaky strong hand.

"Liz!"

"Oh my god...oh my god...I am so sorry!"

Liz covered her eyes and forgetting where she was backed up against the wall knocking down a family picture in her wake.

"Please don't worry about that really...it's ok Liz." he tried very hard to ignore the fact that he was standing in front of her in only a towel.

They both knelt down to pick up the glass and found themselves looking directly into each others eyes.

Their hearts were racing so fast making it impossible to escape the undeniable sparks that were coming off of them.

He spoke slowly almost whispering - he was completely lost - mesmerized by her deep brown eyes.

"Didn't you ...get my...message?" his husky breathless voice made her melt inside.

They drifted closer and closer unable to fight their incredible attraction for each other any longer.

He closed his eyes and moved in slowly gently touching his lips with hers. A soft moan escaped from Liz as he put his hand through her hair and tilted her head back deepening their kiss.

He was dizzy - shaken by the unexpected emotions he was feeling for a girl he barely knew.

He slowly pulled back to look at her.

Her eyes fluttered open as she gazed at him feeling just as shocked as he was.

'wow' he thought to himself as he shyly looked down completely flustered by what had just happened.

At this point Liz was not really able to think at all.
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Simple twist of fate (AU,M/L,adult) chpt 4 11/16/07

Post by jake17 »

Strawberry88: thank you for coming back!! :D so happy you liked the last part, thank you for your sweet feed back! :D
Natalie36: I agree, first season of roswell when they were both so shy killed me! thanks for reading this! :D
Addicted2AmberEyes:Wow thank you so much for that incredible FB!! You made me so happy with your sweet words! :D hope so much you like the next part!
begonia9508: Thank you for being here!! and your great FB! I always love reading your replies! :D
raemac: thank you so much for your always sweet FB! I hope you like the next part!! :D
Emz80m: thank you for being here!! :D I'm so hoping you like the next part.

Chapter 4.

Suddenly Max was very aware of his lack of clothing.

Still reeling from their first kiss Max fought hard to regain his composure.

"Liz" he whispered still so close to her lips

"Yeah"

"I think I should get dressed"

"yeah...I mean yes you should...I'm so sorry...here let me just get out of your way."

Her intentions were good but instead of moving out of his way she walked futher down towards his bedroom leaving him no choice but to slide past her in the very narrow hallway.

"oh god ...I didn't mean to -

Between the shock of seeing him almost completely naked and their unexpected kiss Liz was completely flustered and lost.

He smiled at her trying desperately to get into his bedroom so he could be by himself and have a proper heart attack.

"It's ok...I'll just be a minute Liz"

Liz gathered up the broken glass and the picture of his family off the floor when she noticed something that definitely captured her attention. It was a Christmas family photo of his grandparents his parents and a very beautiful blonde holding the arm of a very happy Max.

Liz's mind raced with possible explanations and she quickly decided to open the bottle of wine and down a glass to steady herself.

'Why would he have a picture on the wall of an ex girlfriend...maybe because she isn't and ex maybe she's a current and you're an idiot Liz.'

She decided that two glasses were now necessary as she searched his kitchen drawers frantically for a corkscrew.

While she was having this very intense conversation with herself Max was busy talking to his own image in the mirror.

'Oh my god I can't believe that just happened ...that wasn't too embarrassing ...she just saw you almost completely naked...oh my god and that kiss what the hell was that..ok just get a hold of yourself just get dressed and go back out there and just pretend like nothing ever happened...she didn't see you naked and you didn't just have the most earth shattering kiss of your life..no problem..now if I can just get my heart to beat normally everything will be fine.'

Meanwhile back in the kitchen Liz was having problems of her own - not finding the corkscrew and never needing a drink more in her life Liz decided to use a knife and rip the cork out of the bottle. She had it wedged between her legs and was stabbing it continually while wishing so bad so could talk to Maria about those stomach muscles and that incredible kiss.

'Damn son of a bitch...come on...ok god..you can not throw me in front of a gorgeous naked man and have him kiss me with no warning and not let me have the wine....do you want me to survive this night?'

While Liz was busy having her personal talk with god she was completely oblivious to Max smiling down the hall as he watched her fight with the wine bottle.

Max stood now fully clothed laughing to himself. He had never seen anyone quite like her. She was funny and beautiful and sweet and quickly working her way into his heart.

"Do you need some help?"

She looked up and quickly took the bottle from between her legs hoping she didn't look completely insane.

"Oh I couldn't find a corkscrew so I was trying this knife...but it doesn't seem to be working."

She tried desperately to look at him without seeing him still in that towel but it was no use the image was burned into her brain and every time she looked at him she turned five shades of red.

"Here let me help you...I still haven't finished unpacking yet...I think it's in this box over here."

Max managed to get the mangled cork out of the bottle as they sat down on the couch for some nice relaxing totally uncomfortable awkward conversation.

"Sorry about the picture frame...I'll replace it"

"No that's ok really Liz...I've been meaning to go through the house and take down a lot of my grandmothers stuff...I think she wanted the pictures up to remind me to call them once in a while."

"It's a nice picture"

Max hesitated realizing now who was in that picture.

"It was a long time ago"

A sad look came over his face as he peered into his glass obviously remembering something that was very painfully.

Liz quickly regretted her attempt at finding out who the pretty girl was and changed the subject.

"So you said you left me a message"

"Yeah I had a job in town and I was held up so I called to change the time for tonight...I guess you missed the message."

He blushed in the cutest way remembering how she looked at him in the hallway.

"Yeah sorry about that...sometimes I forget to check my machine."

She smiled looking away blushing having the same memory.

"So what kind of work do you do?"

'That's it Liz keep asking questions... that will take the tension right out of this night'

She nodded at him as he answered her trying to get as much wine down as possible without him noticing.

They talked about their work - he expained about his contracting business and she talked about her very glamorous life as the local doctors secretary. They talked about where they were originally from both skipping over the real reason for their relocation. They talked a lot but mostly they sat and stared at each other wondering how long it would be before they would kiss again.

After some time they decided to order pizza and watch a movie he had rented.

Max put the movie in and turned out the lights before taking his seat back on the couch next to her.

Liz's heart started to jump when out of the corner of her eye she saw his hand start to reach over to touch hers.

'Oh my god he wants to hold my hand....no one has held my hand since I was sixteen...that is so sweet...oh my god I hope my hand isn't sweaty...oh god please don't let me have sweaty betty hands right now.'

Again while Liz was busy having another discussion with god she failed to notice that he wasn't reaching for her hand but really his glass that was on the coffee table.

Thinking that she would let him know that it was what she wanted too she reached out meeting him half way and to his surprise took his hand in hers.

She bashfully looked over at him smiling brightly very proud of herself for her very bold move.

'Wow I can't believe I just did that...this is the new Liz Parker...taking chances living life...going after what she wants.'

Actually this was the same Liz Parker completely misunderstanding the situation and making a complete fool of herself.

Max looked back at her smiling realizing what had happened and loving that she wanted to hold his hand.

They sat together watching the movie holding hands stealing glances at each other in the dark both realizing that they had been very wrong.

This was definitely a date...the best date that they had both had in a very long time.
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A Simple twist of fate (AU,M/L,adult) chpt 5 11/21/07

Post by jake17 »

begonia9508: thank you for thinking this was romantic! love seeing you here ! thank you as always for your feedback! :D hang in there this update gets a little sad but the next one will be explosive and knowing them pretty funny at the same time! :wink:
Emz80m: thanks for coming back!! really appreciate you being here! :D
tinie38: I was thrilled to see you here! so happy you like this! thanks for your sweet fb! :D
martine: always love your great replies ! :D I promise the next part will be very intense but this update has to be sad in order to get where I plan on taking them and by now you know how I write so hold on till then! :oops: thanks so much for being here! :D
Addicted2AmberEyes: thanks so much for coming back!please hang in there through this update I promise the next one will be worth the wait! :wink:
dreamsatnight: hi so happy you found my story!! you are right, it will be pretty funny and explosive and hilarious when they do get together and it's only one chapter away so hang in there if you can! thank you so much for your feed back I so appreciate it!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D carrie

Chapter 5.

After their established date was over Max being the gentleman that he was offered to walk her back to her house.

"I'm not sure...do you think you can handle walking that far?"

She teased taking his hand in hers as she smiled at him stepping out into the star filled night.

"It will be a challenge but I'm up for anything tonight."

He replied stroking his thumb across her hand affectionately.

All she could think about was if he would kiss her again once they reached her door.

Coincidentally that's all that was on his mind too.

His heart started to race as they climbed each step wondering why he was so nervous.

It wasn't like he was still a teenager but there was something different about her something that made his stomach flip every time he was close to her - that made him feel as if he was experiencing everything for the first time.

They stood at her door holding hands lost in each others eyes.

"Liz I had a really good time...and if you'd like..I want to take you out on a real date someplace nice."

She stood there in a daze glued to his golden amber eyes.

"Max I would go anywhere with you."

'Oh my god did I really just say that...damn those romantic movies...now he probably thinks I'm a complete psycho.'

He smiled widely at her floored never thinking anyone would every say anything so amazing to him - it made him feel like he could touch the stars.

He slowly brought his hand up and touched her face lacing his fingers through her hair tilting her head up to him as he leaned in to kiss her gently.

He parted his lips needing desperately to taste her sweet mouth.

She felt her knees go weak as she welcomed his deepened kiss getting lost feeling as if she was floating as he continually swept his soft tongue along side hers again and again till they were both drunk with a passion that they had thought past them by.

Somehow finding the willpower inside him he slowed down their embrace afraid of moving to fast and ruining something that seemed like it could turn into so much more.

They pulled back just staring into each others eyes blown away by the obvious fireworks exploding all around them.

Her voice was at a whisper still feeling the sensation of his lips on her.

"So about that date -

"Yeah how about Sunday night...I have a business diner tomorrow night or I'd definitely make it for then -

"Sunday is fine...and Max about that 'I'd go anywhere with you' remark please don't think -

"Liz I loved it... I think you're an amazing girl and I love that you said that to me."

"Really" she whispered as he came close again for another passionate kiss.

"Really..I'll see you Sunday Liz."

"Yeah Sunday"

Liz completely in seventh heaven turned to walk into the door which unfortunately she had negleted to open yet. She slammed into it falling back holding her head reasuring him that she was fine.

Max too found himself oblivious to his surroundings as he walked dead on into a tree. Still flustered by her incredible kisses he quickly apologized to the tree and went iniside.

She closed the door behind her and leaned up against it holding her hand to her lips trying hard to burn the memory of this night into her head forever.

Getting ready for bed she relived their moments together over and over in her mind.

She pulled the covers up to her chin as she pictured him standing there dripping wet in that towel. She wondered to herself how it would feel to run her fingers down those rippling muscles and beyond.

She found herself eyeing the window above her head.

'NO Liz it wouldn't be right you cannot invade his privacy like that.'

Unable to resist the temptation of seeing one more glimpse of him she knelt on her bed and edged the blinds aside peering into his bedroom.

She thought her eyes would melt out of their sockets as she gazed at a perfect side view of him completely naked. She immediately moved away from the window praying to god above that he didn't see her and at the same time thanking god for the most beautiful vision she had ever seen.

For the first time in a long time she fell asleep happy actually believing that maybe there was a chance for her at love after all.

The next day Liz was on cloud nine - she called her friend from work and made dinner plans to tell her all about Max and how she could quite possibly be falling in love.

They decided to go to a quiet Mexican place close to her house and ordered Margaritas to toast her good news.

Erika was so excited for Liz and wanted to hear every last detail. The girls at the office felt horrible for all the heartache she had been through and couldn't understand how someone so beautiful inside and out had such horrible luck with men.

Liz was absolutely glowing as she described Max and how they met. She went on and on about how she never had these butterflies in her stomach when she was around Kyle.

She felt like her life was finally turning around when out of the corner of her eyes she spotted something that made her heart sink to the ground.

It was Max having what appeared to be an intimate dinner with a drop dead gorgeous blonde in the corner of the room. She watched in disbelief as he leaned over and kissed this person on the cheek as she giggled in response rubbing him arm.

"Liz ...Liz honey what is it...are you ok?"

Tears started to well up in her eyes as she gathered up her belongings.

"Erika I'm sorry I have to go I'm not feeling very well...I'm so sorry I'll see you at work on Monday."

Liz was in a frenzy being completely blindsided by seeing Max with another woman had knocked over her drink spilling it all over the table..she then turned to leave and ran right into the waiter pushing his tray full of food all down the front of his shirt.

Now everyone in the restaurant was aware of her including Max.

She quickly walked past him wishing the floor would open up and swallow her whole. She jumped into her car speeding off for home ignoring Max who was calling out her name and running after her.

Through tearful sobs she ran into her house furious at herself for believing that he would be any different. After everything that Kyle had put her through she felt so stupid for actually thinking someone could fall for her.

She sat onto her bed taking her shoes off and throwing them across her room realizing that she had let her guard down and now was paying the price.

At that moment she saw two blinking messages on her answering machine - hoping one of them was Maria she quickly hit the button.

"Liz it's me... I have something to tell you and I've been putting it off for days now but I'm afraid you are going to hear it from someone else and I think it's better coming from me...Liz...Kyle and Tess are getting married...but you know what an ass he is and you are so much better off without him...plus you've got that sexy neighbor of yours to keep you occupied now...Listen I'm sorry to leave this on your machine but I could wait anymore it just didn't seem right."

"Ok enough about that make sure you call me and tell me how your date goes tomorrow night..maybe you'll discover more muscles that you never even knew existed...ok gotta go...call me!...love you too much Maria."

Liz stared off into space stunned by the blow of Maria's news when she heard the second message begin to play.

"Liz if you're there please pick up...I can explain everything -

Max sounded truly upset but after everything she had been through with Kyle her trust for any man had been shattered - she pulled the plug out of the wall and fell into her pillow crying herself to sleep.

Max sat on his bed kicking himself for not telling her the truth from the start and praying he had not ruined the start of something that had made him happier than he had been in years.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Simple twist of fate (AU,M/L,adult) chpt 6 12/5/07

Post by jake17 »

francesca: hi! thank you for your sweet feed back! hope you like the next
part! :D
tinie38: whew! so happy you found that part funny! so happy you are here thank you!! :D
Emz80m: yes Liz she did have a very bad day but her luck is about to turn around! thanks so much for your Fb!! :D
begonia9508: Yes they are really silly I love writing them this way, so happy you like this!! I think Liz is really tramatized by Kyle, and caught off guard by the unexpected emotions she finds herself feeling for Max. and Of course she's a little nutz! :D thank you for always being here! :D
raemac: Max has a very sad story to tell :( He's a good guy don't worry!
thank you for your great FB!! :D
ShatteredDreamer: Yes I agree they need to talk and they will!! thank you so much for being here!! :D
martine: Tess will not so up physically in this story, really hoping you like the next part!! :D thank you so much for your feed back!! :D
dreamsatnight:Oh my god I can't believe you walked into a pole, what happened to Liz really happened to me! don't feel bad!...love makes you really clumsy!! thank you so much for being here love your feed back! :D
totallizfan: thank you so much for wanting to hear more of this story!, I forgot how much fun I have writing for my shy silly Max and Liz!! Thank you so much for your FB I really appreciate it!! :D

Chapter 6.

Liz was in a daze watching the steam float over her coffee worn out from her night of sobbing into her pillow. She glanced at the clock 7am. 'Great well at least I don't have to stress about what I'm going to wear on my date tonight'

She stood on her deck sipping her coffee in her sheep pajamas looking at the colors of the leaves in her back yard picturing Kyle proposing to Tess. 'I wonder if he got down on one knee'

Images of Max kept drifting through her mind - images of him laughing with that blonde. She was so mad at herself she hardly knew this man how could she get so attached so quick did she learn nothing from what Kyle put her through. Her life was boring predicable but it was safe - no crying - no broken heart. She was so humiliated over her grand exit from the restaurant. 'God I must've looked like such a fool...he probably thinks I'm a total lunatic.'

She sighed as she wiped a stray tear from her eye. Her head hurt from all her analyzing.

"I bet she's going to wear a skimpy dress...she's such a slut"

"Who's a slut?"

"W-What ..oh Max"

"Hey...so who's a slut"

"Oh ummm someone that...oh no one ....it's a long story."

"Oh...well I hope you don't have to tell anyone any stories because I think your phone isn't working." Max stared at the ground kicking at nothing with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Yeah...about that...look it's cold out here do you want to come in for some coffee?"

"Sure"

Liz poured his coffee and leaned up against the counter just then realizing she had her sheep pajamas on. 'Great I bet that hot blonde wears all that Victoria Secret sexy crap and I'm sporting the latest in sheep apparel...this just keeps getting better and better.'

'Oh my god could she look any cuter in those pajamas...how could anyone look so beautiful after just waking up.'

Max was worried about coming over so early but he just couldn't wait anymore. He couldn't believe that he was having these feelings again...he thought his heart would never recover...he knew one thing was for sure life was giving him a second chance at love and he wasn't going to let her slip through his fingers.

Liz tapped her coffee cup nervously waiting for the I'm not ready to settle down speech. 'God just look at him he's gorgeous why the hell did I think he'd be satisfied with someone like me...he must have women begging to go out with him...god you are so stupid Parker'

"So"

"Liz I can explain -

"Max you don't need to explain anything...I mean we just met and we aren't tied to each other...I mean we just had one date...and it really wasn't even a date -

"Yes but -

"Really Max it's no big deal in fact it wasn't you I was upset over last night -

"Liz -

"You see I was tired last night and then I had a couple of drinks and I got all emotional... I always get that way when I drink -

"Liz -

"Maria's always telling me that I'm a lightweight and I shouldn't -

Just then Max put his coffee cup down and rushed up to her taking her in his arms. He pressed his lips against hers as she let out a soft surprised moan.

At first he just meant to kiss her quick to quiet her but once he had a taste he just couldn't stop. He gently eased her lips apart capturing her tongue as he melted into her. He held onto the sides of her arms not wanting to let her go - not wanting to lose the incredible warmth he was feeling from her.

Slowly they parted staring into each others eyes both shocked by Max's actions and at the electricity that they felt when their lips met.

"Sorry I just - you wouldn't stop -and I"

Max found it hard to form a complete sentence as he stared lost in her big brown eyes.

"Max" she whispered not caring who he had dinner with anymore.

"Look I wasn't out with a woman last night...I mean...yes Isabel is a woman and I was out with her...but she's just a friend and I know what it must've looked like and I know that I told you it was a business dinner but I really can explain."

"Max"

"Yeah"

"Can you do that again"

"Do what again?"

Liz's voice lowered even more as she looked down at her fuzzy blue slippers and then back into his sweet amber eyes.

"Kiss me"

Max smiled suddenly thinking sheep pajamas were the sexiest thing he had ever seen on a woman. He tilted her chin up to look at him and ran the back of his hand across her cheek.

"You mean you don't want to know who Isabel is?"

"No...I mean yes...just not...right...now....right now I just want you to kiss me again"

"Liz" he whispered as he slipped his hands through her silky messed up morning hair and once again found her lips.

The world seemed to fall away as he pulled her body closer to him. His breath hitched in his throat feeling her pressed up against him. His heart was racing as he caressed her soft tongue again and again lost in the sound of her quiet moans. He wanted her - he wanted to feel her body moving beneath his - he wanted to make her cry out for him. He pictured himself making love to her and it was making him crazy.

Suddenly he pulled away caught off guard by the rush of emotions he was feeling. His body was promptly responding to his fantasy and he didn't want to scare her off not knowing what she was ready for.

"Is anything wrong Max?"

Max just stared at her speechless - she was breathless and her face was flushed and she looked stunning.

"No..n-no everything's ....perfect"

Just then he noticed her calender on the wall....September 9th was circled in red with the words my stupid birthday written in the square. 'Her birthday is today.... she made plans with me on her birthday and she didn't even tell me...I have to do something special...think Evans think'

"So do we still have plans for tonight?"

"I'd love to see you tonight Max"

"Instead of going out would you mind if we stayed in and I made you dinner?"

"Max -

"I promise I'll tell you all about Isabel -

"Max -

"Well I know you must have a lot of questions and you know there is something I would like to talk to you about if you -

The corner of her mouth raised as she grabbed him and softly kissed him stifling his rant.

"You know I'm starting to like this technique we've perfected on getting each others attention."

"I'm really liking it too" he brushed his lips up against hers as he spoke thinking he could spend a lifetime getting interrupted by Liz Parker.

"Is eight ok?"

"Should I be checking my answering machine so we don't have another incident where I catch you naked?"

"It depends....would it bother you to see me naked?"

His husky voice made her dizzy 'Oh my god did he really just say that'

'Oh...my...god did I really just say that!!' He smiled as he walked out the door trying to sustain the illusion that he was really that confident to pull off a line like that.

"Max?"

He turned and looked at her through the screen door.

"No"

"No what Liz?"

"No it wouldn't bother me"

Max raised his hand to meet hers up against the screen.

"I'll see you tonight Liz"

"Yeah tonight"
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A simple twist of fate (AU,M/L,adult) chpt 7 12/13/07

Post by jake17 »

Alien_Friend: Yes I think they deserve each other too! :wink: Thank you for you very sweet FB!! :D
dreamsatnight: thank you for your great FB!! hope so much you like the next update!! :D
martine: You are so funny!! no towel in this update, but the next definitely :wink: thank you for your sweet FB!! :D
francesca: I'm so happy you love this!! thank you!! so hope you like the next part!! :D
begonia9805:OMG you ALWAYS crack me up with your great FB!! thank you!!! love that you are here!! :D
Emz80: Thank you so much for the sweet FB!! Hope you like the next part! :D
Addicted2AmberEyes: Yes they do have major chemistry!! :oops: I can't thank you enough for your wonderful sweet FB!! means so much to me!! :D
Natalie36: thank you for being here as always! so happy you are liking this! :D
keepsmiling: thanks for wanting more!! :D
totallizfan: thanks for being here so happy you like this!! you'll see but not till next time! they get a little busy! :D
Blink1lit: Thank you for the sweet FB! I so appreciate it!! :D
raemac: I know you want to hear the sad story, it will come in the next update Max gets a little distracted! :wink: thank you so much for being here! :D
roswell3053: Thank you for you sweet words! hope you like the next part! :D
tinie38: thank you for thinking they are cute together!! love seeing you here! :D
Jessibelle47: I know wish I could use that techique on him! :wink: thanks so much for being here!! :D
IheartMax: Hey You!!! :D It means so much to me that you like my story! thank you so much for your sweet words as always!! :wink: love love seeing you here! :D
behrluv32: thank you for you Fb! hope you like the next part! :D

Just a little note: I know Max needs to explain about his dinner and he plans to do something special for her birthday...it will all happen but in the next update....they get a little distracted tonight! :wink:

Chapter 7.

Liz paced her living room floor nervously thinking of the possible implications of tonight.

'Oh my god what if he wants to have sex....I hardly know him...what would he think of me......god he's probably been with so many women and all the experience I've had is Kyle's two minute marathons where it's usually over before I really known he's started.'

'Relax Parker I'm sure he's just flirting...he didn't really mean what he said about seeing him naked ....it was just a joke....you're analyzing again and you're going to give yourself another headache...I'm just going to take a long hot bath and do my best to not think of him naked....oh my god.'

Max stood in his bedroom staring at his bed in terror.

'Oh my god....what if we...she....oh my god...it's been so long...years...oh shit...oh shit...she's probably been with guys that could make her weak in the knees and the only satisfaction I've giving anyone recently is myself....she's so beautiful I know that I won't last long..god I'm going to seem like a sixteen year old kid....damn it Evans get a hold of yourself she's not going to want to sleep with you tonight ...it's too soon...you're panicking for nothing...just take a cold shower and stop thinking of seeing her - all of her...oh my god.'

Liz stood outside his house trying to get the courage up to knock on the door. She couldn't stop shaking thinking of what might happen. She stared at the door lost in the thought of him.

The color of his eyes - a color she swore she had never seen on anyone in her life- a color she didn't even knew existed. That voice - that husky sexy voice that could make you melt into a puddle on the floor. His body - oh god that body. She pictured every muscle every ripple from his strong arms down to that stomach that she swore she'd give everything she had for just one touch. His lips the way he kisses -

"Liz?"

'Oh there they are now those lips...my god -

"Liz ...are you ok?"

"Max..oh hi...I was just..just...daydreaming you know thinking about bills and stupid stuff like that..sorry"

'More like daydreaming of licking whip cream off your hard abs but yeah bills that will do ...practically the same thing'

Max stood holding the door open for her smiling at her loving how absolutely insane she seemed.

"You look....really ...beautiful" he smiled as he nervously scratched behind his ear feeling really guilty that all he really wanted to do was throw her up against the wall and make crazy passionate love to her.

"You look...really good yourself" she smiled back feeling like a slut from hell because he was being such a gentleman and all she wanted to do was rip his shirt off and taste the soft skin that covered that indent above his hip.

"I hope your hungry"

"Yes...that's exactly what I was just thinking"

He led her to the dinning room that was lit up with candlelight and his grandmothers finest china.

"Max...you didn't have to do all this for me"

"Oh this ...this was nothing...I used to cook all the time...I actually love to cook."

Liz nodded smiling 'Well that's good to hear at least we won't starve to death from my amazing microwaving skills.'

They ate and drank wine and laughed as they discovered every little thing about each other except of course the one thing they should've been discussing.

He was loving everything about her - how down to earth and sweet she was - how she laughed loud and hard at every corney joke he told her - and especially how he would catch her just staring at him and how she would quickly look away blushing in the cutest way.

After many hours of talking and eating his delicious food they went outside to get some air and look at the stars.

"Wow sure is beautiful tonight"

"Yeah really beautiful"

Max answered her back not taking his eyes off her for a second.

"Max"

She giggled embarrassed by the unfamiliar attention he was giving her.

"You are ....you know ...really -

"What Max?"

"Forget it...it's going to come out all wrong"

"Max...please..tell me"

Max looked down at the ground taking a deep breath then gazed into her eyes that just seem to sparkle under the twinkling light of the stars.

"Your just incredible...and I can't help feeling....

She could see him struggling trying to find the right words and was so blow away by how he seemed to be so struck by her...she had never experienced anything like it.

In a bold move she decided to show him that she felt the same way. She interrupted him with a passionate long kiss.

They seperated both finding it hard to catch their breath both shaking from the anticipation of what was to come.

"Max"

She whispered hoping that he wanted the same thing as she did but not knowing what to say.

"Yeah"

He held her tight rubbing her back affectionately afraid to say the words.

"Do you want to go inside...it's kinda cold out here"

"Yeah sure"

He followed her in suddenly becoming very nervous and suddenly wondering if before they took this any further he should tell her about his past.

It was that moment that shy Liz decided to throw caution to the wind and make this birthday worth remembering.

She pulled him down onto the couch and leaned in staring at him trying desperately to tell him with her eyes what she wanted.

"Max?"

She whispered softly melting under his warm gaze wanting so bad to feel his touch.

"Please kiss me again"

Max's heart was racing as he placed his hands up to cradle her face and descended on her lips taking her tongue in his mouth as he sank into her.

Liz felt like the room was spinning like nothing else existed anymore but the two of them and her intense need to feel his touch.

She took his shaky hand down from her face and placed it over her heart so he could feel the effect he was having on her.

'Oh god ....ooh god...okay...I guess the talk can wait'

Max felt like he was slipping in and out of heaven as he gently caressed her for the first time.

'Oh my god... I might actually make love to prettiest sweetest angel I've ever seen in my life tonight.'

Liz let her hands roam over his strong back pulling him closer letting herself fall feeling dizzy and breathless under the embrace of Max Evans.

'Oh my god...I might actually have the most beautiful sexiest sweetest man I've ever known make love to me tonight.'
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A simple twist of Fate(AU,M/L, Adult) chpt 8 12/23/07

Post by jake17 »

Temptation_K: Hmm interesting thought about him being married before, all I can say is he is a great guy and his secret is painful not something horrible that he did!Thanks so much for being here!! :D
IheartMax: hey sweetie!! :D NO danger in her exploding :lol: she is going to be very happy very soon. Love so much that you are here you have no idea!! :D
thetvgeneral: wow was a sweet thing to say, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know! I really hope you enjoy the next chpt. :D
francesca: love that you are here ! thank you so much! :D
Keepsmiling7: His secret is very painful to him that's why he's having such a hard time. :( thanks so much for being here!! :D
Emz80m: I know they need the talk and it will happen I just want it to happen a certain way next chpt definitely I promise! thanks so much! :D
totallizfan:Love that you are loving this , I can't thank you enough for you sweet fb! :D
martine: Ok Martine this chapter is what you've been waiting for, I so hope you like it :wink: thanks so much for all you wonderful fb!! :D
roswell3053: There is no stopping them now, and the past will have to wait just one more update! thanks so much for your fb! :D
begonia9508:Love as always your amazing fb!! I promise all your questions will be answered! :D
Stars at Night10: Thank you for your great fb! so happy that you are liking this! Yes I think a fire will be started! :D
angelina: HI You!! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU HERE!! I alway look forward to you fbs on my other story and now I get the pleasure of seeing you here too...you just made my day! sooo happy you like this..means a lot to me! :D
tinie38: yes Liz will never forget this birthday kris!! thanks as always for you sweet fb!! :D
Natalie36: OH so holding my breath you like this next part! thanks for always being here to make me smile!! :D
Blink1lit: wow what wonderful complement thank you so much!! It means so much ...really! :D

Hi everyone I just wanted to say a few things before I start.
First I don't want anyone reading this thinking Max is hiding something bad that will harm Liz when she finds out. It's something very painful that happened to him and he is scared to bare his soul to her.
I need you to keep this in mind. He is a sweet sensitive wonderful guy and I don't want you thinking bad thoughts while you read this next chapter.

ok this next part is my christmas gift to all of you! :wink:
I'm so hoping you will all enjoy it as much as I did dreaming it up!

Merry Christmas everyone and Have a very happy and safe New Year!! Hugs to all of you for being so incredibly sweet and wonderful to me throughout this story!! Thank you so much!! :D :D

Chapter 8

"Max you're shaking"

Liz whispered as her lips brushed up against his.

He was lost - lost in the closeness of her warm body - lost in her sweet perfumed sented skin that made him weak - lost in the touch of her body that was setting his skin on fire.

He was worried - nervous that it had been too long and he wouldn't be able to give her the experience someone as wonderful and special as she deserved.

Max slowly lowered his hand from her breast as his insecure heart got the best of him.

"Max is there something wrong?"

Liz pulled away obviously embarrassed thinking she went to fast....she crossed her arms in front of her body as she moved to the corner of the couch.

'Oh my god he's having second thoughts ...I made the first move...what was I thinking...what must he think of me now'

"Wrong?"

'Oh now you've done it Max...now she think's it's her...you've managed to make he feel bad about herself and nothings even happened yet...you have to fix this fast Evans.'

Max shyly moved closer to her gently removing her arms from in front of her.

He stroked her cheek softly as he spoke bravely and from his damaged heart.

"Liz it's been years since I've ..been...with a woman and I'm just nervous that you're expecting something...something that I can't -

"Max it's been years for me too but I've never wanted anything more..Max I know we've only known each other for a short time but..I-I've never felt his way for anyone before and ...well...I want to spend the night in your arms Max ...I need you to...

"What Liz ...please tell me what you want...I'll do anything you ask of me."

"Max I want...I need ...Oh god why is this so hard"

She took a shaky breath and looked deep into his warm honey eyes whispering as soft as she could.

"Max make love to me"

She looked down at the cushions of the couch worried that she was sounding like some bad soap opera.

'God who talks like that...guys hate those words...make love
to
me ..Parker why can't you ever remember you are not in one of your romantic movies..this is real life not one of your stupid fantasies.'

Max couldn't believe the words that were coming from her soft lips ...this amazing beautiful smart funny creature actually was asking him to make love to her...he was sure this was a dream one that he would pray he would never wake from.

He placed his gentle hand to cup her cheek and caressed her soft skin giving her a warm tender small smile. Realizing that god or the angels or whoever was responsible for his fate was giving him a second chance at love. He slowly moved his hand down her delicate neck past her shoulder and down her arm to hold her hand.

Slowly he stood as he gazed lovingly into her sweet adoring eyes.

"Liz I would give anything in this world - everything I have to make love to you tonight"

He led her to his bedroom as they sat beside each other both not knowing how to start both fearing of disappointing the other.

They stared into each others eyes trembling both not believing that this was reallly happening.

He slowly moved in to kiss her lips. It was a slow and tender kiss full of all the feelings he had built up for her in his heart. She sighed into his mouth as she felt all her pain and loneliness drift away. She felt whole again - alive like she was the luckiest girl in the world.

Their lips parted as they deepened their kiss causing them to both to become breathless with anticipation. She was desperate to feel his body against hers.

She kicked off her shoes and slowly laid back across the bed pulling her shirt over her head and reached for his hand to finish undressing her.

His hands were shaking as he pulled her skirt from her slender hips. She made every attempt not to look away from his gaze even though she was blushing intensely from his heated stares.

He removed his shoes and pulled his shirt over his head as he moved to lay beside her.

He turned her face so she could see his eyes showing her that she was safe and protected with him.

Liz moved her hands down to unfasten the front clasp of her bra. She held her hands covering herself worried that she was too small and he would be disappointed.

"Please don't hide yourself ...don't you know how beautiful you are?"

She bit her bottom lip as she slowly let her fingers slide across her breasts as she nervously rested her arms to her sides looking down closing her eyes not wanting to see his reaction.

"God Liz" he breathed out

This was all she heard before she felt his warm mouth on her caressing her - lavishing her with his soft gentle tongue. She moaned finally opening her eyes watching as this beautiful man worshiped her with his mouth - his hands - his tongue.

He kissed and touched every inch of her as he pulled her panties down her legs needing to see and touch and taste every part of the precious gift that she was giving him.

She felt like the most beauiful woman in the world the way he touched and gazed at her.

Liz felt her shyness fading away as he continually told her how perfect and beautiful she was in every way.

He was so gentle and so passionate at the same time always hesitating before going further making sure she was comfortable with everything he was doing.

She never thought it could be like this and for her she felt as if it was her first time.

Max slowly moved down her body placing soft open mouthed kisses across her trembling stomach never once stopping the gentle caresses of her breasts as she arched up into his hands.

He halted his movement and looked up at her as if needing her silent permission to continue - getting the look he needed from her his eased her shaky thighs apart needing desperately to taste her to please her.

Slowly he placed his mouth on her caressing her with his lips his tongue kissing her as if his was kissing her mouth.

Her head fell back as she moaned loudly in response never experiencing such pleasure - such pure ecstasy in her life.

"Max ...oh god ...please don't stop ...don't ever stop."

Her breathless words only made him want to please her more as he was sent floating flying drunk and dizzy off the taste of her as her thighs quivered helplessly.

And then it happened the first real orgasm she had ever experienced. There was no holding back her cries her loud moans as she reached behind her and grabbed onto the headboard and shook against his mouth feeling no shame only the release of a passion that had been hidden behind years of neglect and pain.

His feelings were overwhelming him at this point he needed to be inside her to feel her all around him.

He stood removing the rest of his clothes as fast as he could while she stared up at him in awe at his incredible body that was now covered with a sheen of sweat that made the edges of his hair stick close to his sweet face.

She had never seen anything more beautiful in her life and never wanted anything more that to feel him inside her.

He carefully laid over her as he eased her thighs apart with his knee. Looking at her with parted shaky lips he felt as if this was his first time.

Their fingers intertwined as their hearts were beating together as one feeling the moment getting closer and closer.

"Liz do we need ...I'm mean are you -

She captured his lips melting into his after nodding that they were all set that she was protected.

He spent several minutes just kissing her not wanting to rush the moment still so senstive to her needs and concerned for her feelings.

He then gently wiped a stray hair from her face as he whispered softly to her.

"Liz I need you to know something and you don't have to say anything in return...I just can't go any further without telling you how I feel"

"Never in my life did I ever think I would find someone like you...so beautiful so warm...Liz I don't want to scare you but I think I'm falling in love with you....no...I am in love with you."

Her lips fell open and her eyes widened as the rest of the world seemed to fall away.

She went to speak but he silenced her with his lips and before she could form another thought in her head she started to feel him moving inside her.

His head fell against her neck at the first sensation of feeling her searing hot wet walls enveloping him tight around his arousal.

He let out a long breathless moan feeling like he could just stay inside her forever.

He left her neck so he could look into her eyes as he made love to her wanting to feel connected to her wanting her to feel loved.

He placed soft kisses on her lips - her jaw - her neck as he felt his control already starting to slip away.

Soon his thrusts increased unable to hold back his need any longer. Faster and faster he moved inside her as she wrapped her legs around his waist urging him on.

He was shaking breathless as he called out her name every time he felt the tips of her breasts move against his hard chest.

She looked deeply into his senstive caring eyes capturing his attention with trembling lips mouthed the words I love you.

Max put his forehead against hers as he squeezed her hands tightly crying out trembling against her as he felt the world crashing all around him.

Trying to deal with the overwhelming emotions he was feeling and desperately trying to catch his breath he buried his face in her neck.

She laid there in disbelief that something that amazing and beautiful had just happened to her when she suddenly felt something warm and wet against the skin of her neck.

It was Max's tears she was feeling.

"Max ...are you ok...what's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong Liz ...I'm just happy."
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,adult) chpt 9 12/30/07

Post by jake17 »

tinie38: Thank you so much for the sweet words! she definitely won't be forgetting this b-day! love you being here! :D
francesca: Yes in the next update he will tell her everything I promise! thanks so much for you great fb! :D
totallizfan: Thank you so much !! Always love seeing you!! hope you like the next part! :D
Natalie36: I love that you thought it was awesome just made my day!! thank you so much for being here! :D
Emz80m: Wow so happy you felt that way! thank you!! :D
Addicted2AmberEyes: I just don't know what to say except thank you. I love that you recongized what I was trying to do! I'm so appreciate your kind words!! :D
angelina: Thank you so much!! love always reading your replies they always make me feel so good! I hope you like this next part! :D
roswell3053: Wow everyone is so nice! thank you so much for your sweet words! I really hope you like the next part! :D
keepsmiling7: Ok please don't be mad but his past will be in the next chpt. :oops: sorry! but I do leave a big clue at the end of this update! thank you so much for your fb! :D
begonia9508:I hope you had a nice xmas too!! thank you! thanks for your great fb! He is a sweet lover sigh... :D
IheartMax: Hey you! thank you so much I'm so happy you enjoyed that! I know his past is coming I promise! Love that you are here! :wink: :D
raemac: Thank you for reading my story and leaving such sweet fb!! I always look for you! :D
dreamsatnight: I'm so happy you liked that ! thanks for being here! :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
And Jason Happy Happy Birthday you beautiful amazing man :D :D

Chapter 9.

Max and Liz laid silently in bed both staring at the ceiling both shocked at the waves of emotion that were crashing over them.

'My god he actually took his time with me...he actually looked into my eyes...why was he crying though...and why is he so quiet...what's going on...I should just ask...I mean we just had sex I should be able to talk to the man...wait that's all women want to do is talk after sex..that's probably the last thing he wants to do...I shouldn't push him...I mean if he wants to talk he'll talk...GOD I can't even enjoy this incredible moment without analyzing it to death...Parker you just had the best experience of your life just shut up and enjoy it!'

'Fantastic our first time and I break down in tears...what a man....god what she must think of me....and what the hell am I supposed to do now...oh god I told her I love her...I'm sure I totally scared her off now..I profess my love and then cry like a baby...I am so slick it's scary...she must be wondering how long she has to wait before she can make up some excuse and leave.'

"Max?"

"Yeah?"

"Is everything ok?"

"Y-Yeah ...are you ok...do you need anything?"

'Wow he's so nervous what if he's regretting this whole thing ...there is obviously something going on..god maybe he's been hurt and I'm his rebound girl and all that emotion was really him missing someone else and now he's wishing he could take it all back...ok I need to say something..I can't wonder about this all night I'll go crazy...god what if I'm right what if I'm in love with him and ...oh god I am I'm in love with him...damn I can't be in love with him I'm the rebound girl...oh lord I am there's no denying it I'm in love with him.'

"No ..no I'm fine..do you think maybe we could talk?"

Liz squeezed her eyes shut waiting through a very uncomfortable silence

'Shit...shit...she wants to talk...she's going to break my heart..how could I let myself fall so hard so fast...like I even had a chance with her look at her...I love everything about her and I'll probably never see her again because I couldn't keep my damn feelings to myself.'

Max sat up in bed and leaned up against the headboard sighing getting ready for the speech.

Liz following him pulled the sheet up to her neck suddenly feeling very exposed knowing she was going to get dumped.

"Max you said before that there was something that you wanted to talk to me about..maybe we should talk about it now."

"That's what you want to talk to me about Liz?"

"Well yeah I mean look if you're regretting what you said ...when you said that you love..love...well you know..I mean if there is someone else -

"What..someone else...is that what you think ..Liz wait -

"You kept telling me that you need to talk to me...and then you tell me that you ...you..

"Love you ..I said that I love you"

"Right but then you got all emotional at the end like umm...

'God what do I say now ...how do I explain..what if she doesn't love me and is afraid to tell me...she can't even say the words'

"Max I'm sorry but I need to know... because whether you meant it or not the fact is -

"Liz-

"No I have to get this out -

"Liz wait -

"I love you" "I love you"

"Wait what did you just say Liz?"

"You love me?" "You love me?"

They quietly laughed at how completely insane they both were as they shyly looked up at each other.

"So you love me" he whispered needing so badly to hear it again.

"I do Max...I am completely in love with you...I think I have been from the moment I first laid eyes on you."

"And you ....you love me?"Liz whispered as her heart raced lost in his warm sensitive eyes.

Max spoke slowly and sofly as he gazed at her in disbelief that she felt the same for him. His heart pounded in his chest as he watched the way the moonlight danced across her soft skin and lit up her bright eyes. He was completely helpless at containing just how much he was falling for her.

"Definitely ....yes ...I am desperately hopelessly head over heels in love with you Liz Parker.

Liz looked down unable to hide her huge smile at hearing the most beautiful romantic words anyone had ever said to her.

'Wow happy birthday to me!'

He laced his fingers with hers realizing that it was time.

"Liz something happened to me...something that you should know...it's the real reason I came here."

Max took a deep breath trying to gather the courage to tell her his past...trying to push past the pain that he had tried so hard to bury in his heart...he wanted her to know...to understand.

"Liz I was married before...her name was Sarah."
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 10 1/17/08

Post by jake17 »

francesca: Hello thanks so much for being here! Everything will be revealed here! love the fb!! :D
tinie38: Hello Kris Happy New Year to you too! so happy you are liking this Max ..love that you are here! :D thanks for the bump Kris!!
Veronica; Hello Ronnie Im so happy you are enjoying this!! thanks so much for the great fb!! :D
dreamsatnight: Hello! thanks so much for your always great fb!! I do appreciate you being here! :D
martine: Happy new year to you too! Thank you for all the wonderful things you wrote!! I so hope you like the next update ..alway love seeing you here! :D
raemac: Ok what's going on you ??? HOW DO YOU ALWAY FIGURE OUT WHAT IM GOING TO WRITE!!!! you are killing me ...yes you are once again totally right! hope you like the next part! thanks for your amazing fb! :D
keepsmiling7: Thanks so much for being here!! Love always seeing you here! :D
begonia9508: Hello Eve! you know I love you here wouldn't be the same without seeing your awesome fbs! :D
Natalie36: once again you are cracking me up! Yes I promise she will be quiet and Listen I just hope no one get bored not hearing here thoughts! love you here as always!! :D
Emz80m: thank you for liking that part hope I dont disappoint!! :D
thetvgeneral: thanks so much hope you enjoy the next part! happy new year to you too! :D
IheartMax: hello you!! thank you for thinking they are funny!! love that you like this ...but it's going to get serious in this update ...hope its not too dark! :wink: :D
behrluv32: I will explain in this update i promise! Hope you like the update thanks for the fb!! :D
Ms_BuffyAnneSummers; It is going to be sad but the story will get funny again so hold on thanks for the fb!! :D
Blink1lit; thank you!! im so happy you like this! :D
totallizfan: hello im back! thanks for wanting to hear more sorry it took so long! :D
shatteredDreamer: thanks for you reply so appreciated it!! :D

Hello everyone!
just a warning this next update will be sad ....it's necessary for the strory but I promise my goofy couple will return in the next update ...hope no one finds this boring!! :shock:
thanks to everyone above again and all the lurkers out there!!

chapter 11.

"You were married ....but Max you never mentioned -

"I know and I'm sorry I should've told you before ...but it's not something that easy for me to talk about"

Max stood from the bed pulling his boxers and jeans up as he went to stare out at the window trying to seach for the right words.

"We had been only dating for four months before ...before Sarah came to me and told me she was pregnant."

Liz wrapped the blanket around herself and sat on the edge of the bed close to him ...she could feel how difficult this was for him and wanted him to feel safe that he could tell her anything.

"It's ok Max go on ...just take your time"

He turned to look at her smiling softly at how understanding she was being but tears were at this point forming in his eyes.

"I was thrilled ...it was the happiest day of my life until we went for her first prenatal visit and I figured out that it was impossible for the baby to be mine."

"She concieved during the three weeks that I had been away on a business trip"

"I was devastated ....when I confronted her she reluctantly told me the truth. She said it was a one time thing ..a mistake she had made in a weak moment when I was away. Everyone tried to warn me that she just wasn't the right woman for me but I thought that I was in love"

It didn't take long before I started to see the baby as my own ... love him as if he were mine."

He looked back at Liz visibly shaking now.

"It was a boy..we were going to name him Ben ..my son Ben."

"We immediately were married and everything was going ok except for one thing ...I knew down deep that Sarah didn't love me ...I tried to push those feelings away but that voice inside my gut was always there...I had no real proof I think I just couldn't handle the truth ....and then came that awful day"

Max turned back and sat down on the bed next to Liz with his head down as he silently wept with his hands covering his face in embarrassment.

"What happened Max" she whispered softly with concern

"It was pouring rain out that day ..she had a doctors appointment ...she wanted me to drive her ..but I was meeting with some people to close the biggest contract that ever came across my desk..I said no that I couldn't get away...I told her to drive slow"

"Dive slow" he repeated out loud as he shook his head in disgust.

Tears came fast from his red eyes at this point and his voice was cracking as he tried desperately to get through the next part.

"They said it was a drunk driver ...just came out of no where ...hit her...them ...head on"

"Sarah died at the hospital but not before they were able to get Ben out ...they thought maybe he had a chance but he died a few hours later in my arms ...he was just too small...I guess he just couldn't hold on."

"It was all my fault Liz... all my fault"

"Max oh my god"

Liz turned him around and took his face in her hands with tears streaming down her face she pleaded with him to hear her.

"Max you cannot blame yourself for this...it had nothing to do with you...even if you had been driving them ..the same thing would've happened but you'd be gone too."

She held him close and stroked the back of his hair - her heart was breaking realizing what a beautiful selfless sensitive heart he possessed.

They held each other several minutes before he pulled away and looked into her watery eyes.

"Liz for years I just wandered through life really not caring what happened to me...my business failed I let friends who tried to help me just drift from my life. I didn't even feel like I was really alive anymore.. just exsisting moving through one day to the next ...that is till I found you."

"Funny - smart - amazing you ...I didn't even think it was possible for me to even feel again"

"That woman you saw me with that night...Isabel...she was a nurse that worked at the hospital ...she stayed with me all night with Ben...we still keep in touch...her husband has family here and I wanted to meet her because I wanted to tell her about you...she kept telling me if would happen someday..that I would fall in love again ... but I refused to believe her...I just wanted her to know...to know that she was right...I know how it must've looked but I just wasn't ready to talk about it then. I"m so sorry if I put you through any pain Liz."

"I was convinced that I would be alone forever that I would never really know what it was to love and to be loved..but then on a crazy windy autumn day you changed everything."

"You gave all that back to me ...now I know what love is ...it's what I feel when I'm with you"

"It 's that insane way that you always assume you know what I'm trying to say before I say it...It's how nervous we get everytime we are around each other .. it's how you can be so incredibly beautiful and not even know it and it's how you look at me as if I'm the only one that exsists in the world."

"When I'm with you there is no pain ..no doubt...just the happiness I feel when you are close to me"

"I didn't think it was possible but you taught me how to love again ...you made me believe that there is still a chance for me."

Liz just stared at him lost in the tragedy and the sincerity of his words. She wondered how something so horrible could happen to such a tender sweet soul. She vowed to do everything she could to show him how much she loved him and to do her best to ease his pain.

She couldn't understand how in his eyes she was all of these things to him and she wanted him to know than in her heart and as far as she was concerned this was her first love - the first time where she knew her feelings were true - were real...the first time anyone had ever made love to her - now that she understood how it was meant to be. She wanted to tell him her story too - she wanted no secrets between them but this could all wait till morning. Right now the look in his eyes told her exactly where he longed to be. Tonight she would have to prove her love with the gaze in her eyes - the soft kiss of her lips - the tender touch of her hands and the warmth of her body moving against his.

With the slow motion speed of a romantic movie and the music that swells up in the background when two lovers connect they slowly moved towards each other as if they were two wounded characters written by a small town girl who only believed in happy endings and in a love that would last till the end of time.

The blanket slipped away and they both sighed as their skin touched and the world fell away.

It was as if a damn had broken and all his feelings came pouring out - passion mixed with tears of longing and happiness fell from his eyes as he made love to her. His mouth needed to taste every inch of her soft skin ...his hands caressed every part of her body as she writhed and moaned under his loving tender touch.

With only the moon light to guide his way he finally found the peace and love he had so desperately seached for all these years. His pain was becoming a distant memory as love now filled his tender heart.
Last edited by jake17 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:52 am, edited 3 times in total.