The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 38, 11/27/12

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 36, 8/17/12

Post by begonia9508 »

Finally, three parts for me! :D :D

Sorry for the delay in FB but my son left home so I was busy, helping him moving and I never knew he had so much to remove and also so much left, for me to get rid of! :roll:

Anyway, I wonder if only Tess is capable of such a mess and intrigues!
It must be some competitors too, no? Because their success must have provocated jealousy anyway...

Thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 36, 8/17/12

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Awesome new part, can't wait to read more! :mrgreen:
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 37, P 1, 8/22/12

Post by Ilonka.Green »

The wait is over... It's finally here. Chapter 37 (Both parts)!

Chapter 37 / Part 1
Max & Liz’s penthouse: Later that evening…

Max, Liz and their friends were sitting around the living room playing ‘Truth or Dare’ when the phone rang. Instantly, everyone reached for their cell phone. Spotting the cordless phone on the end table, Liz answered on the third ring.

“Hello…”

“Liz, this is Pam. Is Max around?”

“Um… Sure. Hold on.” Putting her hand over the receiver, she looked over at Max. “It’s Pam… She wants to talk to you.”

Taking the phone from Liz, Max talked to Pam. “… Isabel’s here too. No, it’s no problem… Come on up. We can talk in my office.” Listening intently, Max continued. “Kyle’s here too, so I’ll have him take the elevator downstairs to meet you…” He paused. “Okay, we’ll see you in a bit.”

“What was that about?” Isabel asked.

“I’m not really sure. She said she had something she’d like to discuss with us, so I told her to come up. I hope nobody minds…”

“Not at all…” everyone assured Max.

Taking out his master key card, Kyle stood up from where he was sitting. “Well, I’m going to head down. We’ll be back in a bit.”
The game continued on…

Michael spun the bottle. It pointed to Liz. “Truth or dare… On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Max’s performance in bed?”

“What?!? I can’t answer that!”

Blushing, Max glared at Michael as Maria reached over and smacked Michael on the arm. “What? It’s an honest question…”

“You don’t have to answer that…” Maria started.

“Sure she does. Either that or pick dare,” Isabel stated reminding Liz of the last time they played.

“Oh no… I’m not picking dare. The last time I did I ended up in the Viper Room getting three tattoos.”

“So, truth it is…” Serena stated.

“Um…”

Suddenly, the door opened and in walked Kyle and Pam. The conversation ceased as heads turned and everyone greeted her. “Oh, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to intrude on your party…”

Standing up, Isabel crossed the room. “You’re not intruding… So, there’s nothing to worry about.”

Max stood up. “Let’s go into my office. We can talk in there.”

Max’s office…

Stepping into his office, Max sat in the chair behind his desk directing the others to have a seat. “Would you like something to drink, Pam?”

“No, I’m fine. But, thanks for asking.”

“So, what brings you hear this evening?” Isabel asked.

“Um… Remember how you said earlier we could talk to you about anything at any time?”

“I do…” Max started.

“Well, after hearing Kyle discussing the updated security measures, I did some thinking after I returned back to my condo…”

“Okay…”

“I don’t know how else to say this… But, it’s all getting to be too much for me. I mean, first Alex was almost assaulted in Deuces Wild. Then, Liz and Serena were locked in the wine cellar where Liz got attacked…”

“And as Kyle mentioned, the building security has been updated with all new state of the art equipment along with new building policies and added security officers,” Max reminded her.

“I know. But, I’m still worried about my safety while working at 69 (gentlemen’s club) and when I’m in my condo. Since Tess left, I’m on my own… It makes me nervous thinking that I could be an open target.”

“You’re not an open target,” Isabel stated.

“But, how do you know? Anything can happen to anyone at any time… And there are seven floors to the building… Eight if you include the basement.”

“We’re aware of that,” Max started.

“It was a tough decision to make, but I’ve decided to give my two weeks’ notice…”

“But, where will you live? What will you do?” Isabel asked.

“I have a sister who lives in the city. I called her and she said I could stay with her for a while… And as for a job, there are plenty of clubs on the strip I could go work for.”

“It’s your decision... “

“And, we’ll both be more than willing to give you an excellent reference,” Isabel chimed in.

“We hate to see you go. If there’s anything you ever need, just give us a call…” Max stated.

“We’re definitely going to miss having you around, Pam. Be sure to keep in touch and visit the club any time.”

“We’ll even give you a free club membership,” Max stated.
Meanwhile in the living room…

The game of ‘Truth or Dare’ continued as everyone sat around arguing about whether or not Michael’s question was appropriate. “Why isn’t it?” Maria smacked Michael in the arm again. “Ow… What was that for?”

“Hello… Need I remind you that Max is your best friend?”

“Yeah, so?” Maria hit him again. “Ow… Stop hitting me.”

“Um… No. Not until you admit the question was inappropriate.”

“Not happening…” Maria hit him again. “Ow… Stop it…”

“That’s enough. Do I have to separate the two of you?” Kyle asked.

“Um… No.” they both answered in unison.

“Good. Now, let’s take a vote shall we? Who all thinks Michael’s question was appropriate?” All but Liz and Maria raised their hands.

Sticking his tongue out at Maria, Michael looked over at Liz. “So, what’s it going to be… Truth or dare?”

Liz sighed. It was a no win situation. She sighed. “Fine, I pick dare.”

Michael gave her a vicious smile. “Looks like you’re going back to the Viper Room… Except this time, Max gets to pick the tattoo.”

“Oh, no… Anything but that.” How do I get myself into these things?

“Looks like you don’t have a choice,” Serena chimed in.

“Won’t Max be surprised,” Kyle teased.

Liz glared at him. “Um… No.”

“Sure he will,” Michael assured her. “I’m going to tell him when he comes out from his meeting.”

“If you’re lucky, he’ll take you downstairs tonight…” Courtney stated.

Maria rolled her eyes. “Liz needs another tattoo like she needs a hole in her head.”
Just then, Max, Isabel and Pam stepped into the living room. Taking a seat, Isabel invited Pam to join them. “Why don’t you join us? We’re playing a game of ‘Truth or Dare’.”

Remembering the last time, Pam laughed. “Sure, why not.” Sitting on the floor by the coffee table, she looked around the room. “What did we miss?”

Michael looked over at Max. “Well… Liz ended up picking dare. And, Max my friend, you get to take Liz back down to the Viper Room and give her the tattoo of your choosing…”

“What?!? Are you crazy? It’s against my work ethic.”

“Too bad… That’s the dare. However, to make it fair to Liz she can give you ideas and select the location of the tattoo.
Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 37, P 2, 8/22/12

Post by Ilonka.Green »

Things are not always what they seem...

Chapter 37 / Part 2

Downstairs in the El Flamingo (restaurant)…

A blonde haired man wearing all black sat in a booth in a dimly lit corner appearing to be enjoying his meal when his cell phone buzzed. “Hello…”

“Where are you?”

“At the El Flamingo…”

“What’s the scoop?”

“It doesn’t look good. They’ve got a new security system consisting of more cameras along with a new high tech alarm system… Word has it that the elevator has also been re-wired to prevent access to all floors… The only way to obtain access to the upstairs is to check in at the security desk and obtain a guest key card. The basement is pretty much off limits unless a key card is checked out with a building manager, security, or one of the owners. Building security has also been boosted with more officers on duty continually walking the premises checking things out…”

“Dammit…” the voice on the other end paused. “There’s got to be a way around the new security system. You need to find it. Either that or we’ll have to take more drastic measures… Either way, we need to start formulating a Plan B.”

“I’ll see what I can do.”

“Keep me posted.” And with that, the caller hung up.
Sitting at a small table not far away, Zan sat reading over the menu while enjoying a Pilsner when someone caught his attention. There sitting at a booth not far away from his table was a man wearing nothing but black quietly talking on his cell phone. Weird… Why would a man be dressed like that sitting in a restaurant? He’s not upset, so he’s not in mourning… So, what’s his deal?

Remembering his discussion with Max about all the incidents that recently occurred he reached for his cell phone and holding it up took a picture of the man just as he threw some money down on the table before standing up. Watching the man stroll past the register and hostess desk, he called the security desk.

Within minutes, a security officer arrived at the El Flamingo looking for Zan. Locating him, the officer sat down to take a statement and look at the picture he had taken. Radioing the other officers doing rounds, he thanked Zan reporting the man in question before calling Kyle on his cell phone.
Max and Liz’s penthouse…

The party was winding down as everyone began cleaning up and gathering up their things. Suddenly, Kyle’s cell phone rang. Glancing at the caller ID, he panicked answering the call on the second ring.

“Hello…” Listening intently, he swore. “Dammit… Okay, I’m on my way.” Pocketing his cell phone, he turned to his friends. “That was the security desk… Zan was in the El Flamingo when he spotted someone who looked suspicious. I don’t know how, but he somehow managed to take a picture on his cell as the man was leaving… Security is searching the place as we speak…”

Liz groaned. “Oh, God…”

“I need to get downstairs to view the video footage on the cameras…” Walking to the door, he turned. “Oh, I forgot… Zan is on his way up. Knowing Zan is your cousin, a security officer gave him a guest key card figuring you wouldn’t mind due to the circumstances.”

“Zan… Who’s Zan?” Liz asked.

“Zan is our cousin who practically lives here when he’s not busy working on projects for work,” Isabel stated taking a tray of glasses into the kitchen. “He’s really nice… You’ll like him,” she added.
Downstairs at the security desk…

Kyle was playing back video footage from earlier in the evening when one of the security officers appeared. “Sorry to interrupt, but we checked the entire place… We couldn’t find him… He’s gone.”

Dammit. “I find it hard to believe he left without notice. And although we have a picture and an eye witness who saw the man on the premises, we need to keep searching before another incident occurs.”

“Will do… I’ll let the others know.”

“You do that… And make sure to remind them to report anything suspicious.”
Meanwhile in a hidden passageway…

The blonde haired man reached for his cell phone. Pressing a button on the speed dial, he waited for someone to answer. Answer the phone dammit.

A woman answered on the fourth ring. “What’s going on?”

“They’re on to me…”

“What? That’s impossible. You’re a regular club member... And you’ve worked on building projects. They have no reason to suspect you of anything… Do they?”

“Not that I know of… But, that’s not the point. Someone must have seen me in the El Flamingo and overheard our conversation earlier…”

“Dammit… Where are you?”

“I’m not sure exactly… I’m in one of the hidden passageways.”

The woman thought for a minute. “You need to wait until they let up on the search, so you’ll need to stay there for at least an hour or so.”

“That’s fine and all, but how do I get out without being noticed?”

“Find your way through the passageways to the employee exit at the back of the building. I’ll have a car waiting for you within two hours.”
Max and Liz’s penthouse…

“Due to the current situation, we’re going to have to temporarily postpone the tattoo until things calm down a bit…” Max stated.

Phew. What a relief. Maybe if I'm lucky, everyone will forget about it. Liz thought to herself.

“No problem I understand… But, we do expect to see a picture of Liz’s new tattoo in the future,” Michael stated standing by the door. Reaching over, Maria smacked his arm. “Ow… What was that for?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“Whatever. We’ll see you later… Be sure to keep us posted on things.”

“And if either of you need anything, just let us know,” Serena chimed in opening the door and walking into Zan. Ow. “Zan… Hi. Long time, no see…”

“Hello to you too, gorgeous…”

“Zan…” Max muttered under his breath.

“What?” Just then, he noticed Liz. “And who might you be, beautiful?”

“Um…”

Glaring at Zan, Max walked over and stood by Liz. “This is Liz… My girlfriend who also happens to be my roommate,” he stated draping an arm possessively around her shoulders.

Raising an eyebrow at Max, he smiled. “It’s nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you…”

“Really…” Raising a questioning eyebrow, she looked up at Max. “… Nothing bad I hope…”

“Oh, no…”

“Um… Why don’t you come and make yourself at home in the living room…” Max started hoping to change the subject.

“We apologize for the mess… Everyone just left and we were in the process of cleaning up,” Liz added trying to avoid feeling any more uncomfortable. “Can I get you something to drink?”

“No, I’m fine…” Zan winked at her. “But thanks for asking.”

Blushing, Liz hurried into the kitchen.
Joining Zan in the living room, Max sprawled out on the couch. “What’s her problem?” Zan questioned.

“It’s not you… Remember what I told you about her ex and the wine cellar incident? Well… She’s been a bit on the edge around people ever since. Isabel and I along with our friends are working with her on it…”

“Good to know. So, what’s going on otherwise?”

“Not much except for what happened earlier downstairs…” Max paused. “Oh, wait a minute. I forgot. Isabel and I had a meeting with an employee earlier who gave her two weeks’ notice. She lives downstairs in one of the condos, so once she’s gone it’ll be available…”

“What about the roommate?”

“She’s living there alone. Her roommate’s employment was terminated so she had to move out.” Picking up the beer he left on the coffee table earlier, Max took a sip. It was flat. Eeew, gross. “Due to circumstances, Isabel and I are hesitant to leasing out the condo out to just anyone…”

“The lease on my condo is up for renewal within a month… Why don’t I move in there instead?” Zan suggested. “I practically live here at the club when I’m not working on projects for my radio program anyways… It would be the perfect solution…”

“It is, but I’ll have to talk it over with Isabel first.”
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 37, P. 1-2, 8/22/12

Post by Natalie36 »

who is the blonde guy!!! and is it tess or is it pam. I hope Pam just left for her reasons given
:shock:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Pam is leaving quite in the wrong moments, no? I wonder if she isn't the one who spy on them and got 'cold feet' suddenly!? :roll:

Stupid, this dare! I wouldn't make a tattoo just because I wouldn't answer, but if Max asks Liz for one.... :lol: :lol:

EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Truth or Dare.....fun and games......but I would have rather answered instead of getting a tattoo.....
So Pam didn't feel safe....wonder if that was the real reason??
Man in Black checking on the security system......hope Zan and the others can find out more about this person before they enact Plan B.
So glad you are back to this story......I have missed it.
Carolyn
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Yeah, I think making Liz get a tattoo is going too far. No one should be lastingly scarred because of a game. Esp. since they've already done it to her before.
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

I agree with Carolyn and Michelle, a tattoo is not fair game. To deface one's body should be their decision and the question was a little on the tacky side to being with. Oh well, granny here, what can I say. :)

On to more important issues, who is this blond dude and kudos to Zan, the big flirt! :wink:

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Tacky, to say the least. But look at the source! What, is he in 7th grade? That's the kind of thing 7th-graders would think hilarious. Why? Because they know they're not really doing anything, in the sexual category. So it's embarrassing because the person has to admit s/he is a virgin (oh, the horrors!), or fake something.

But when people are adults and are doing something, it's just stupid. They actually want details of someone's private bedroom stuff? That's sacred, and private. So all you're going to do is make someone tell stuff you'd rather not know to begin with. (Unless your name is Maria, and even she doesn't want to know this!)

And Max's sister is in the room, too -- usually that makes for squealing or simulated vomiting. A little rude to her.

Worst of all, after the privacy thing: Max and Liz are newish as a couple, and not really established or secure yet. Nothing like ripping up a seedling to see how it's growing. Way to sabotage, 'friends'.
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B