The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 38, 11/27/12

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 37, P. 1-2, 8/22/12

Post by Ilonka.Green »

Wow... Talk about mixed reactions to part 1 of this chapter. Drafting the chapter, I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew the question was outlandish, but for some strange reason I wanted it to be that way.

My theory? Michael's question during 'Truth or Dare' & his actual dare are the least of things at the moment. While they were all involved in their game, Pam calls out of the blue looking to meet w/ Max and Isabel to discuss her concern(s) about building security along with her own personal safety and to give her two weeks' work notice (Ch. 37, P. 1). Meanwhile, downstairs in the club, is a mysterious man sitting in the El Flamingo is discussing with someone on the phone the new security system & security measures that were 'just' recently put into place. (Ch. 37, P. 2) If the new security measures & equipment weren't discussed openly until earlier that day during a staff meeting (Chapter 36), how did the mysterious man have such knowledge being that he's not a full-time club employee?

** Pam & Tess not only worked together, but were roommates as well prior to Tess being terminated. Pam now lives alone. Is Pam somehow involved (directly or indirectly) w/ what's happening in the club? Or is it just a fluke that she picked that moment to 'decide' to quit her job and move out? **

Recap... Something to think about:

** Sean acted on his own when attacking Alex in Deuces Wild & was later arrested (just to escape from prison at a later date). But, who found the passageway in the basement leading to the wine cellar... Who knocked the wall in to gain access? Who then snooped around the business office & discovered when Serena & Liz were scheduled to do bar inventory in the wine cellar? Who locked Serena & Liz in the cellar... Who hit Liz over the head? Lastly, who pulled the fire alarm? **

This was obviously a multi-person job with at least one inside 'source', one person with a vendetta against Liz, and one person who knows the original layout of the building (i.e. where the hidden rooms & passageways are and approximately where the others (those that haven't been discovered yet) should be), etc.
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Yup. I was noticing all that stuff, but we don't know enough yet to really speculate upon them. My vote: Tess was the inside person, Pam is in cahoots with her (although she did a pretty good job at acting irritated with Tess before Tess was booted), and Sean is behind a lot. They could have a person from the security company that installed their new equipment, who's also in league with the group. That would be the perfect way to go, because motives would be at such cross-purposes, and would lead in so many directions, that it would be very confusing.

So we focused on the issue that we can have something to say about -- the seemingly simpler issue. And the question was completely in character, considering the source.
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will hapen next for Max and Liz. I can't believe that Max, Liz and friends are playing truth or dare again. I think it was great that Sean took a picture of the guy. Hopefully the sucrty people and everyone eles can find the guy. I can't believe Pam is leaving. But if he doesn't feel safe then she should leave. I think it is good idea that Zan move in. Zan can probably help Max and the others keep Liz safe. Who is the man and lady talking? Is it Sean and Tess? How did the guy get into the hidden passage way? Will anyone find the guy? Will Max and Liz admit their feelings? Will Max be able to keep Liz safe? Will Liz get a new tatoo? Where will Liz get her new tatoo at? Will Max tell Liz what is going? Will Liz go back to work as a bantender? Will someone be with her when she goes back to work? Will Max and Liz have sometime alone? Will Max and Liz kiss? Will Max be able to keep Liz safe? Will they find out who the man and Lady are? Will the man and Lady come after Liz? What will they do if their plan B doesn't work? Will Max be able to save Liz? Will the man and Lady go after MaX Too? Will Michael and the other be able to save Max and Liz? Will Michael and the others find the man and Lady? Will the man and Lady got to jail? Will Man and Lady go to prison? Will Max and Liz have a happy ending together? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next or Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

Bump :mrgreen:
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 38, 11/27/12

Post by Ilonka.Green »

*** I know it's been a few months since I posted, but 'life' got in the way... Since I last posted, I completed 2 10-week computer courses at a local community college and moved. Between the homework for the classes and packing to move, I was becoming overwhelmed and needed to take a step back for a bit.

And at long last, I'm finally able to pick up where I left off. However, due to circumstances (I'm helping take care of my grandfather who's living in an apartment at a Senior facility) I may not be able to post as frequently as I did in the past. ***

It's good to be back, although I'm not sure how many people are still interested in this story. But, that's okay. I'm going to continue posting for those that are. So, with all ado, (although a fluff chapter) Chapter 38.... ENJOY!

Chapter 38

Days later: Cloud 9 (VIP Lounge)...

It was an unusually quiet evening at Cloud 9. Courtney walked around the lounge pushing a cart collecting dirty glasses while Serena unloaded the dishwasher, putting the clean glasses away. Changing the channel on the overhead TV, Liz set the remote aside and sighed. Can things get any more complicated?

Pasting a smile on her face, she wandered across the bar to where a couple sat talking quietly amongst themselves. “Can I get either of you another drink?”

“Yes, please…” the man replied. “I’ll have a Guinness and she’ll have a White Russian…”

Suddenly, the doors swung open and in walked Zan. Spying Liz at the bar, he strolled across the room. Finding a seat at the far end of the bar, he sat down looking up at the TV. Eying Zan out of the corner of her eye, Liz began mixing the White Russian.

Feeling the tension in the air, Serena crossed the bar. “Zan… Long time, no see…”

“Hello to you too, gorgeous…”

Opening the mini refrigerator, Serena smiled. “Same as usual?”

“Sure, why not…”

Pouring a Guinness, Serena slid it across the bar to him. “So, what brings you to the Safe House?”

“Two reasons actually…” He paused. “Earlier I had an appointment with Max and Isabel at which time it was suggested I come up here…”

“Really… Why?”

Turning in his seat, he looked over to where Liz was helping Courtney unload the cart of dirty glasses into the dishwasher. “To talk to Liz… That is if she has a free moment…”

Hearing her name, Liz froze. What does he want?

“Of course she does…” Courtney piped up tugging the dish towel out of Liz’s hands.

“I do? But I just…”

“… Took a break about fifteen minutes ago… Yeah, we know. But, so what… It’s dead…” Giving Liz a gentle nudge, she continued. “Why don’t you guys sit over by the windows,” Courtney suggested.
It was a no win situation. “Um… Okay.” Lifting up the counter, Liz stood waiting for Zan. Together they crossed the room, taking a seat at a table by the windows overlooking the city. “So…”

Where to start? “I know we didn’t hit it off when we met earlier in the week…” Zan started.

“We didn’t…” Liz agreed.

“I don’t know what it was that I said that offended you, but I’m sorry…”

Deep down, Liz felt her tension lessen. It was like Max said earlier, nothing personal. “Apology accepted…”

“Um… I was wondering if we could start over on better terms…”

“Okay… But, what would Max think?”

“I think it’s a great idea…” Max simply stated.

Startled, Liz jumped. “Max… Isabel…”

“Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you,” Isabel apologized setting her drink on the table. Taking a seat across from Max without waiting for an invitation, she continued, “I hope we didn’t interrupt anything…”

“No, not at all… We were just talking,” Zan piped up.

Starting to feel cornered, Liz slouched down in her chair staring across the table at the others. “Yeah, talking…”

Recognizing the sign of uneasiness, Max reached under the table taking Liz’s hand in his. “Taking a break, we thought we’d join you for a drink…”

“Actually, we wanted to talk to you about Pam…”

“What about Pam?”

“She gave her two weeks’ notice the night of our house party,” Max simply stated.

“According to her, she couldn’t handle the stress of the current circumstances at the club,” Isabel added.

Oh, God. “Okay… And I need to know this why?”

“In two weeks, the condo will be vacant… Zan expressed an interest in leasing it.” Max concluded.

Oh, God. Just what I need… A guy who thinks he’s Don Juan.

“As I was saying earlier, I was hoping we could get to know each other and maybe become friends…” Zan stated looking Liz in the eye.

“Are you sure you want to? I’m a bad omen to everyone, including myself... Chaos follows me wherever I go.”

Zan smiled. “I could use a little excitement.”

A little excitement… What an understatement. “If you say so…”
pandas2001
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pandas2001 »

the other day I was wondering where you were and if this was going to be continued.
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by mary mary »

Son glad you're back and that you are continuing on with the story. sorry to hear about your grandfather, hope all is going well with him. That said, I don't think I like Zan so much. :roll:

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

So happy your back :D I am glad things are beginning to settle for you. :wink: You will enjoy your time with your grandfather and be grateful for that time :D Last but not least, SO HAPPY THE STORY IS BACK. I WILL TAKE IT ANYWAY I CAN :!:
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great chapter! Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends. I'm glad that Max and Isabel had Zan talk to Liz. It was nice that Zan told Liz he was sorry. Oh wow Zan is moving in. I can't wait to
find out what will happen. i'm glad Max is there for Liz. Liz needs him more then anything. Who was watching Liz, Zan, Max and Isabel? Was it Tess and Liz's ex boyfriend?Will Max be there when someone tries to hurt Liz? Who will be there to help Liz? Will Max get hurt? Will Max be able to save Liz from danger? Will Isabel and friends be able to save Liz from danger? Sorry for the questions I was just wondering. Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max, Liz and friends.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Finally you returned, but we do understand class responsibilities and a move......
So Zan wanted to start over with Liz........I sense Liz is nervous about Zan moving into the condo.
Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.......when time allows.
Carolyn