High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 34 - 8/3/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 26 - 7/25/14

Post by sarammlover »

I'm glad no one is dead. And it seems for now they are relatively safe. I hope they make landfall before the sun goes down!! And I also liked Liz tending to max....great update!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Why do I get the feeling that things won't get better for the gang for a while?
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
HypnotiqBlueEyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HypnotiqBlueEyes »

All I can say is wow! The gang all survived the pirates, but now they are all faced with even more craziness! I hope they make it to land safely & quickly. Although I worry it won't be the right Island!? But I love how Liz took over taking care of Max! Please hurry back with more soon!

-Sarah-
Liz to Future Max: Don't you realize what you are to me... what you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There will never be another you!!! (The End of the World)
zaneri1
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by zaneri1 »

Really enjoying this story - I wonder what other surprises they will find on the island. :)
HIS-&-HERS
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 27

Post by HIS-&-HERS »

keepsmiling7: Lol well, where would be all the action if we just dropped them on the island for a happy holdiday. ;)

No worries, there will be more M&L!

begonia9508: Yep, A&I are up for a surprise when they reach the vacation resort.

Nobody wants to end up in the middle of the ocean, lol. But for some it’s worse than for others, let’s see how our gang hold their own.

CandyliciousLovah: A&I are really cute and they will stay that way for a while.

M&L already show some attraction, huh?

sarammlover: Yep, as safe as you can be on an airbed in the middle of the ocean, lol.

Roswelllostcause: Hm, not sure why? LOL

HypnotiqBlueEyes: Oh, it would really be a very BIG surprise of they swam to the right island, lol. Most likely… not. ;)

zaneri1: Thanks. Hm, we think there will be quite a few!

Chapter 27

Kyle gripped the end of the swimming island tighter and turned to look at the setting sun behind him. None of them had a watch anymore, but according to the position of the sun they must have been in the water for hours by now. He could feel the exhaustion in his legs and arms, but it was probably nothing compared to how the girls had to be feeling. After Maria, Liz had come into the water and after her it had been Tess.

He had to admit that she was a lot stronger than he had expected her to be. Even after two hours of kicking her legs she wasn’t complaining. Not that he had been looking at her legs or anything! Nope, he had barely noticed them! All tanned, firm and toned. Shaking his head, Kyle grabbed the water bottle that lay in front of him on the island. He uncapped it and took a sip before holding it out to her. “Here, you should drink a bit.”

“Thanks.” She reached out for the drink, but her other arm was already too weak to support her weight and she began to slip.

“Whoa,” he reacted quickly and wrapped one arm around her waist to hold her above water. “I think someone needs a break.”

She swallowed the water and threw the bottle back on the island between their friends, shaking her head stubbornly. “No, I’m good.”

“Harding,” he warned. Her willpower was impressive, but right now they couldn’t afford the stubbornness.

“Guys,” Liz’ horrified voice got everyone’s attention. She was staring at something a short distance away, narrowing her eyes at it. “What’s that?”

Max craned his neck and saw a dark spot in the water that was moving in their direction. It moved quickly, making sharp turns left and right now and then. Not a shark… not a shark… Max's mind muttered over and over again as he tried his best to tighten up his bloody bandage.

Michael strained his neck, but the waves made it impossible to see anything. The warm waters were full of fish so it could be anything. His gaze travelled back to the airbed and he frowned when his ex didn’t even acknowledge the excitement. Since everyone else was busy with finding out what was swimming in their direction, he made his way hand over hand along the side of the island until he came face to face with her. “Hey,” he nudged her shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

She groaned quietly and her eyes fluttered open. “I am so seasick. I feel like my stomach’s gonna do cartwheels out of my mouth at any second."

“Sit up an’ fix your eyes on land,” he advised. “It’ll help”

“I can’t,” she whined. “I’ll puke the moment I move.”

“I think those are dolphins.” Liz got up to stand on the airbed to get a better look, making it move even more.

“Oh God,” Maria groaned and pulled herself up quickly until her head hung over the edge of the island. She didn’t want to toss her cookies, but she couldn’t avoid it any longer.

Michael made a face and swam around their life raft before the water could carry anything disgusting towards him. “Hey,” he smacked the airbed from under the water where Max was lying. “Why don’t ya take care of your girlfriend? She’s sick.”

The man looked up, startled, and forced his head to clear. The constant moving made him dizzy as hell and whatever Michael had said to him had sounded more like buzzing than actual words. The fact that his wound was still bleeding didn’t help either. He had the feeling that he was constantly drifting off without noticing it.

“He’s sick as well, Michael.” Liz crouched down next to him and checked his heart rate.

“Anything we should worry about?” Kyle asked.

“He's lost a lot of blood, but I think he'll be good once he gets the chance to rest for a while.” She shifted her position and sat next to the blonde woman instead. “Maria, come on, sit up. It’ll help.”

“I need some water,” she mumbled and slowly rolled over after wiping her mouth.

“Sure, here ya go,” Liz handed her some and yelped when one of the dolphins appeared directly next to their life raft. “Who said Flipper won’t save us?”

Kyle snorted. “As long as they’re not taking a rope and dragging us to shore they’re not helping at all. How do you feel, Parker?”

“I'm good.”

“Then let’s switch. Maria won’t be much a help in her state. Come into the water and let Tess up again.”

“I said I’m fine,” the curly blonde protested and glared at him.

“This isn't the time to play badass,” Michael growled. “Valenti’s right. We probably have another hour before it gets dark an’ I sure as hell don’t wanna be in the water then, so get your stubborn ass back on the island and let Liz fill in for a while.”

“Come on,” the brunette slowly slipped into the water next to Kyle. “Let’s switch for a while. You’ve been down here for a long time already.”

“Fine,” Tess grumbled and tried to get onto the swimming island. With no ground under her feet it was quite the task though.

Both boys watched in amusement as she tried to get on top and when she slipped for the third time, Kyle showed mercy and used a strong grip on her thigh to give her the push she needed to finally accomplish her goal.

“Like to grope women, Valenti?” She glared at him while she tried to ignore the heated feeling on her skin where his hand had been seconds ago.
"Yep, sure do," Kyle rolled his eyes. “And when I find a real woman around here I'll do just that."

Conceited… arrogant jackass! Tess fumed internally. If everyone wasn't here watching us, I'd show you what a real woman I am! And you'd like it, Mister!

“Let’s get back to work,” Michael called, rolling his eyes at the banter between his sister and Kyle. He shifted his body to look sideways past the airbed to check on the landscape. They were still a bit away from it, but he could already see the waves breaking at the reef circling it. Hopefully they could find some space in between it. Otherwise they were in for a rough ride over it.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Isabel smiled when they stepped out of the water taxi, taking in the surroundings of the cute little island with its palms, white sand and wood cabins.

Alex nodded with a smile. “Comes really close to paradise.”

“Close?” She snorted. “This IS paradise.” No high-priced lawyers, no idiot judges, and best of all no jackass future ex-husband. The only thing that would make it more perfect would be her daughter being here too.

He didn’t get a chance to answer before a small native woman with black hair approached them with a huge smile. “Welcome to our island. Did you have a nice trip here?”

“It was long,” he smiled back at her, “but good.”

“Leave your bags here. Someone will get them in a minute.” She stepped to the side when a waiter approached them, carrying two coconuts with straws in them. “Please enjoy your welcome drink.”

“Oh, I’ve never had a coconut drink before and I always wanted to try one.” Isabel took the fruit and placed it too her lips. After a few sips she looked up at Alex with a smile. "I feel so Gilligan's Island like!"

"I guess that makes you Ginger." He smirked.

"She was the hot movie star on the island right?" Isabel had to ask. She hadn't seen the old 60s TV show since she was a little girl. When she saw Alex nod, she held up her drink to him and the two bumped their coconuts together. "Darn tootin’ I am!"

“Follow me to our reception area so we can give you the keys to one of our nice rooms.”

“I already love it,” she grinned at Alex and they followed the hotel staff down the pier until they reached the beach.

Another man was waiting there, carrying a little sack in his hand. “Hello and welcome. This is a barefoot island. Can we have your shoes please? You won’t need them until the day of your departure. All our locations are filled with this beautiful sand and slippers will be provided in your room.”

“That’s exciting. I’ve always wondered about how it would feel to spend a few days without my footwear,” Isabel cheered, making Alex laugh. She was so full of joy since they had arrived on the island and it was fascinating to watch.

"A woman going without shoes or even thinking about them for a long spell?" Alex gasped in pretend horror. "Is that even possible?”

Isabel gave him an arched eyebrow and a fake glare as she waved her shoe at him. "Don't make me beat you with mine, Mr. Whitman. They might break over your head and they cost me way too much for that."

"Well, in that case please accept my most sincere apologies madam." The two quickly burst out in a fit of giggles.

They got rid of their shoes and then followed the woman along the sun warmed beach towards one of the larger wood cabins with a neat reed roof. Inside, as promised, the floor was warm and sandy as well. A small artificial river ran through the whole building and there was a desk on either side of it at the far end.

“Welcome to the Maldives. Can you tell me your name? Mr. and Mrs.…” the woman behind the reception desk asked politely.

“Oh no, we’re not married,” Isabel chuckled as she watched Alex blush. “This’s Alex Whitman and my name is Isabel Ramirez. Although I think the reservation is under the name Liz Parker. We’re a group of eight; the other six arrived here earlier.”

The woman looked through the computer for a moment and then nodded. “You’re right. We have a reservation for four water cabins under the name Parker.” She looked up. “You said the others arrived earlier?”

“Uh-huh, yes. This morning.”

“They haven’t checked in yet. Are you sure their flight arrived on time?”

Isabel frowned and glanced at Alex worriedly. “We were on the same flight with them,” he told the hotel staff. “And we saw them take the boat. We just stayed at the airport a while longer.”

“Can you check again?” Isabel leaned on the counter. “It’s Parker, Liz.”

The woman nodded and hit some buttons on the computer. “Sorry, but they’re not here yet. Let me check with the staff from the water taxi.” She went over to a cell and dialed a number. After a few seconds she greeted someone on the other end and started to talk in her native language.

“Should we be worried?”

Alex shrugged. “Let’s see what she finds out. They can’t disappear and those boats have radios onboard, so they surely didn’t sink without leaving a message.”

“Uh-huh.”

They waited for a few minutes while they watched the frown on the other woman’s forehead deepen. That wasn’t a good sign, Isabel thought.

“There has obviously been a misunderstanding,” she explained when she got back to them. “One of our boats is still out. They just informed me that there wasn’t anyone at the airport when they were supposed to pick them up.”

“But we know they were there,” Alex pointed out.

She nodded. “I believe you, Sir. My guess is they took the wrong boat and ended up on a different island. It has happened before, especially since some of the resorts don’t check their guest list before people enter their boats. The Maldives include a large territory, so if they went in a completely wrong direction it can take a few hours to make it here. I’m sure they’ll arrive soon.”

“What can we do to find out?” Isabel wanted to know.

“I’m afraid not much. The captain of the boat that was supposed to pick them up is waiting at the airport in case they go back there. Otherwise there are too many resorts to check with all of them if they transported the wrong guests. But you can book private water taxis from any of those areas so if they gave the driver the right name of our hotel, they’ll be fine and here soon.”

“Okay,” she agreed. Maybe the lack of sleep made her worry too much. If something had happened to the boat bringing them here then the people would know, right?

“We’ll just wait for a while,” Alex tried to reassure her.

“Would you like to be taken to your quarters? We’ll have you informed when they arrive?” the woman asked with a polite smile.

“Sure. That would be nice.”

“Is this one cabin or two for you?”

Isabel looked at him. “Maria and Max will take one, Tess and Michael should probably be separated. Liz and Kyle…”

Alex had quickly been doing the math in his head as Isabel had started listing them out loud.

"I could bunk with Michael or maybe Kyle? You could stay with your friend Liz or Tess?" He offered.

"Believe me, you don’t wanna bunk with Michael. But hey, he said he’d leave by tomorrow, so why don’t we share one today an’ if ya feel like it, you can move to your own tomorrow?" Isabel couldn’t help but feel her stomach react with crazy butterflies at the thought of them spending the night in one room. "Do you have one with two separate beds?” Isabel asked the receptionist.

“Sorry, they’re all king size beds, but there is a couch if you prefer to sleep separately.”

“We’ll figure it out,” Alex nodded.

“Sergio is waiting for you over there,” the receptionist pointed at a man waiting at the entrance. “He’ll guide you to your room and explain everything necessary. Have a nice stay.”

"Come on, Alex! Let's go start having some fun!" Isabel grabbed Alex's hand and quickly took off after Sergio.

As he let Isabel drag him along, he looked down at their joined hands. Okay, this was more and more like paradise after all.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 27 - 9/24/14

Post by begonia9508 »

OH! God, my biggest nightmare! :? :? :(

Landing in water with sharks! Poor guys, the girl at the reception should know about the pirates because I don't think that was the first time it's happen!!!! :twisted:

Hope they found the group, first, b4 the sharks!

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part. Things sure don't look good for or friends right now.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I've been waiting for this update.
Looks like Isabel and Alex missed all of the water excitement...... and poor Max and Maria, both sea sick. That must be awful!
It's gonna be interesting to see how everyone bunks together.....can't wait!
Thanks,
Carolyn
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

No shark, okay? Please, no shark. Nice, lovely dolphins are okay. Sharks aren't okay, ewww.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

UGH! I feel so bad for our friends in the water. Poor people! ANd Isabel and Alex are so unaware. I hope they are all rescued soon!