The Pain Of Regrets (CC, ML, ADULT) Epilogue 3/13/07

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys! I just want to thank all of you who have stuck by me through this fic, you guys have truly been amazing, and some times I thought about not finishing this but I did because of you guys, and how amazing you have been!

This is the last part before the epilogue, and I just really want to thank you guys one more time because you guys have truly been amazing!

I hope this meets your expectations and I am sorry for any errors, I tried to get this out as soon as I could!

Chapter 21

"Max this isn't working, we need to get out of here, something isn't right," Isabel stated in a panic. It had been over 15 more minutes, and there was still no sign of Zan. That and she couldn't get into contact with Maria or Liz at Valenti's.

"Damn it, ok, the factory is still set up for our plan, so we'll head out there now, Kyle, go to your house and go check on Maria and Liz, and if things aren't fine, call us and head over the factory," Max commanded to everyone. Kyle ran towards his car and raced over to his house while the others got in their cars and headed over to the factory.

<center>*****</center>

Maria awoke with a headache and when she got up she noticed that she was in Kyle's room, alone. She cursed herself and quickly got up and walked to open Kyle's door, but when she tried to open it, the knob was jammed.

"Crap," She mumbled. She quickly grabbed her cell-phone and noticed the number of missed calls was numerous, and she immediately knew something was wrong.

She quickly dialed Isabel's number and she picked up on one ring.

"Maria? What happened?" Isabel asked, it was evident by the tone of her voice that she was panicking.

"I don't know, I woke up in Kyle's room with a headache, I think someone knocked me out, and when I tried to open the door, it's locked," Maria explained.

"Is Liz with you?" Isabel asked.

"No, I don't hear her either."

"Damn, that means they must of found her and took her, Maria listen to me, try to get out the room, Kyle is on his way there, meet us at the factory," Isabel stated.

"But the plans messed up, Zan wasn't supposed to be there, we were supposed to take him out at the cave, how can he fight him and Nicholas, they would be to powerful," Maria panicked.

"I know, but we have no choice, it must be Liz's connection with Zan, god I hope she doesn't go into labor, Maria I'm getting a call from Tess, hurry here," Isabel said before hanging up.
Maria searched around the room for something heavy enough to open the door. She picked up Kyle metal bat and swung it on the knob and it didn't budge. Maria groaned out loud and then turned her head towards the window.

She quickly ran over to it and smashed it through with the bat and climbed out. Just as she climbed out the headlights to Kyle's car came into view.

"Maria what happened?" Kyle asked quickly getting out of the car.

"We have no time, I’ll explain in the car," Maria said jumping in the passenger seat as they sped off towards the factory.

<Center>*****</center>

“Just breath,” Zan said as he drove to the factory.

“God, would you just shut up!” Liz moaned out. She couldn’t believe how much pain she was in, and things weren’t going as planned. Zan was supposed to be at the cave with Max and them.

Zan smirked at Liz’s attitude.

“No need to get testy, we’re here,” He stated as he got out of the car, helping Liz out. Once out of the car Liz bent over clutching onto her stomach as she let out another piercing scream.

Tess, who had been in the factory waiting for the others to arrive, quickly snapped her head at the scream.

Nicholas smiled.

“Look’s like our plan is working, go hide, I’ll get you at the opportune time,” Nicholas commanded to Tess as he saw Zan bringing Liz in, who was clearly in labor.

Tess watch the scene unfold and cursed silently to herself, this wasn’t supposed to be happening, Zan wasn’t supposed to be there.

“Didn’t you hear me? GO!” Nicholas commanded again. Tess glared at him and quickly ran towards the back to the outside, she’d call Max once she was safe.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t our queen? In labor, well this is great news! Come, come, I’ll make you comfortable,” Nicholas said to Zan and Liz as he used his powers to create a bed.

“No, no, I don’t want to be here,” Liz moaned. It was just like in her premonition; Nicholas was going to take her baby.

“There’s nothing to fear, now come,” Nicholas said as he and Zan helped Liz onto the bed.

“NO!” Liz cried clutching onto her stomach.

‘Max where are you?’ She cried out in her mind.

<center>*****</center>

“Max thank god!” Tess said as she saw the jeep come into the front of the factory.

“Tess! The plans gone wrong, Zan never showed,” Max explained as they all got out of the car.

“I know, he showed up here with Liz, she’s in labor,” Tess said panicking.

“What! That can’t be, this isn’t good Max,” Isabel said as she paced.

Just then Kyle and Maria drove up.

“Max!” Maria said jumping out of the car.

“What’s happening?”

“Liz is in labor,” Max groaned as he ran his hand through his hair. He didn’t know what he would do if anything happened to them.

“What do we do now?” Kyle asked.

“Everyone, take their positions, Tess, I’m going to need you to mind warp them into thinking that the baby is coming out right now, we’ll walk in, and Maria you get Liz out of here, Tess break the mind warp, then we’ll start our attack,” Max came up with.

“But Zan! Max he’s powerful, how can we beat him and Nicholas?”

“We have no choice, Tess start the mind warp!” He commanded. She nodded her head and closed her eyes starting the mind warp.

“It’s coming!” Nicholas said with a smirk on his face. Liz looked up at them in shock; she didn’t even start pushing yet.

“What?!”

“Liz! It’s ok!” Maria said running to her side. Liz looked around and saw Max and them.

“How?” She asked baffled through the pain.

“Tess, we have no time, we need to get you out of here now Liz,” Maria said helping her out of the bed.

“Can you walk to the car?” She asked. Liz slowly nodded her head, and together they walked to the car, where Kyle waited in the driver seat, once they got Liz situated in the back, Maria gave the go to Tess to let the mind warp down, and she got in the passenger seat and Kyle drove off.

“What the hell!?” Nicholas screamed once the child disappeared from his arms and Liz was no longer on the bed.

“Surprise,” Tess said smirking, before letting out a blast sending Nicholas flying across the room.

Zan fumed with rage and quickly acted and wrapped his hands around Tess’s neck.

“Where’s my baby!” He screamed as Tess struggled under his tight grip.

“Hey!” Michael screamed as he let out a blast sending Zan flying. Isabel rushed to Tess, “You ok?” She asked. Tess nodded her head, and the Max rushed to their side.

“Guards!” Nicholas screamed as he slowly got up from the ground.

At that moment 20 men showed up.

The pod squad stood together, and looked at each other. On one side was them, and on the other was Nicholas, Zan, and the 20 men.

“Show’s over,” Zan said with a smirk.

“It’s just starting,” Max retorted, as the four linked their hands.

<center>*****</center>

“Just breathe Liz, that’s it breathe,” Maria said as she stood by Liz’s side prepping her.

“Where are they?” Kyle whispered loud enough for Alex to hear. The two were currently pacing the floor, it had been almost an hour and there was no show of the pod squad.

“Why aren’t they back yet Maria? And why isn’t the baby coming out!” Liz cried.

“Liz don’t stress anything, Jim is on his way, and I’m sure the others are too, just concentrate on the baby right now,” Maria told her.

Liz nodded her head, “Ok,” She said. Seconds later she let out a piercing scream and clutched onto her stomach.

The three quickly rushed to her side.

“What happened?” Maria asked panicked. Liz was drenched in sweat and she was clutching onto the sheets in pain.

“Zan’s dead,” She whispered out. She knew it, the baby could sense it; he was gone. Maria looked at Kyle and Alex, before turning her attention back to Liz.

“Is the baby ok?” Maria asked.

“Where’s Max? I need Max,” Liz cried.

Just then Max, Michael, Isabel, and Tess burst through the doors.

“Oh thank god!” Maria screamed out in relief. Max took of his jacket and dropped it on the floor and quickly rushed to Liz’s side.

Kyle rushed towards Tess as did Maria to Michael and Alex to Isabel.

“It’s over,” Tess whispered, letting everyone’s fears slowly fading away.

“Hey,” Max said rushing to Liz, kneeling down to her level, as he ran his hands through her soaked hair.

“I’m so sorry Max, I didn’t mean to, I couldn’t lie, and Zan…”

“It’s ok, it’s over now Liz,” Max said. He clutched her hand, and laced his fingers through hers; he brought her hand up to his lips and gently kissed it.

“Now let’s get this baby out,” He whispered. Liz smiled at him and nodded her head.

“Please.” Max chuckled and the girls were soon at his side.

“How far apart are her contractions?” Tess asked.

“Not far,” Liz moaned.

“Liz, I’m going to connect with you and the baby to see what’s happening, ok, just breathe,” Liz nodded her head and Max placed his hands on her stomach.

He concentrated hard, “Liz I’m going to need you to start pushing,” Max stated.

The girls helped Liz sit up and several pushes later Kyle screamed, “I can see the head!” He said eyes widened.

“Woow,” Alex and Michael stated simultaneously, both not believing the sight in front of them.

“This is it Liz, one last push!” Isabel screamed.

“I can’t!” She cried exhausted.

“One more push baby, you can do it,” Max assured.

“I can’t!” She cried out again.

“Max,” Tess said, he nodded his head and placed his hand on her stomach, Liz felt the pain decreasing and with one last push the baby came out and she and Max collapsed back.

“Hey where’s his thing?” Kyle asked looking at the baby sideways.

“It’s a girl!” Isabel exclaimed.

“A girl,” Liz said exasperated with a smile as tears formed her eyes.

“I thought it was supposed to be a boy,” Kyle whispered. Alex shrugged his shoulders and smiled as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.

Isabel cleaned the baby off and wrapped it around in a blanket before putting her in Liz’s arms.

Max, who was exhausted as well, was still by her side.

“She’s beautiful Liz,” He whispered.

“Yeah, she really is,” Maria agreed, and soon everyone else did too.

“Thank you, all so much, I don’t know what I would done without any of you,” Liz cried as the tears ran down her cheek as she held onto her daughter; her daughter, it sounded so weird but right at the same time.

“What are you going to name her?” Maria asked.

“Tessa-Belle Marie Parker,” Liz stated. Maria, Isabel, and mostly Tess stared at her in shock.

“Liz…” Tess said with tears forming in her eyes.

“She should be named after all three of her beautiful aunts,” Liz stated with a smile. All girls hugged.

“Great, hormonal women, crying babies, dirty diapers, this is going to be a great next couple of years,” Kyle mumbled.

<center>*****</center>

1 week later

“Is she asleep?” Max asked as he climbed through Liz’s window.

Liz looked up at him and smiled.

“Yeah,” She stated.

It had been a long week.

But Max had been heaven sent through it all, when Liz had to explain to her parents about their grandchild, Max had been their holding her hand, he even put his name on Tessa’s birth certificate under father. He was ready to give up everything for her, and it just made her fall in love with him all over again.

“It’s ok my father’s not home,” Liz said as she let out a giggle. Max Evans could rid the world of evil aliens, but the one man he was truly afraid of was Jeff Parker, the man who threatened the boy for getting his teenage daughter pregnant, and who had threatened to do some unmentionable things to him if he didn’t take care of his baby girl.

“That’s…really good,” Max said before laughing.

“How are your parents doing now?” Liz asked.

“They’re still a little angry, but you know they said that they’d support me,” Max stated.

“Max, you didn’t have to do what you did,” Liz said.

“Yes I did Liz, in some way this is also my fault, and in another way, I kind of want Tessa to be my daughter,” Max said as he stood above Tessa’s basinet smiling down at the little baby.

“You know, I don’t think any other person would have made a better father for Tessa then you,” Liz stated as she walked up next to him wrapping her hands around his arm.

“You don’t know how much that means to me, you saying that,” Max said, as he turned to face Liz.

He used his other hand to caress Liz’s cheek. Liz closed her eyes at the contact between the two and leaned her head into his palm.

“Max, I know we both made a lot of mistakes, but I know where I belong Max…it’s right here with you…” Max cut her off with a passionate kiss which seemed to last for hours. Once they pulled apart he leaned his forehead against hers and played with her hair.

“I’m glad you feel that way, because there’s no where else I’d want to be either,” He whispered before sealing her lips with his again.

The End
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Ok guys! Here's the epilogue! I just want to thank all of you who have stuck by this fic, I know I started this fic so long ago, and a lot of people have gave up on this but for you who hasn't I was to thank-you all so much. This part is dedicated to all of you!

Thanks again! Hope you enjoy!

<3 Jessika

Epilogue

14 years later

“I can’t believe how grown up she is,” Maria gushed to her best friend as her god daughter ran out of the house to attend her first day of high school.

“I know, it was just yesterday I felt like I had her,” Liz confessed. Her eyes were all teary-eyed and she couldn’t believe that her baby girl was going to high school.

Though, at the age of 31 she didn’t think that she would have a 14 year old daughter either.

A lot had happened over the years, after Tessa had been born, Larek possessed Brody’s body inviting the royals back home. Max declined politely and gave Larek free reign.

With Nicholas, Kivar, and Zan out of the way Antar was free to live in peace, Max however had suggested a democracy, and after a few more visits, it seemed that his suggestion had been taken up on.

Isabel had been saddened to learn that her mother and every other family left on Antar of theirs had been killed, but she accepted it, after all she didn’t truly know them. Instead she focused on her life down on earth, all the aliens did.

They no longer had the burden of returning to a home planet and become these high beings; they could live their lives the way they wanted. Ever since Nasedo destroyed the Special Unit, and Max defeated Nicholas and the skins, it seemed like everything just fell into its rightful place.

Max and Liz didn’t rush into things as everyone had figured they would. They decided to take it slow and rebuild their relationship, of course it didn’t take long, but they managed to make it work.

Once they graduated Max and Liz got an apartment together with baby Tessa and attended Northwestern, while Isabel and Alex found themselves in UCLA, and Kyle, Tess, Michael and Maria remained in New Mexico.

Michael attended a culinary school, Maria and Tess attended UNM and Kyle worked in a garage for part time till he started taking classes.

Some where along the lines, everyone found themselves back in Roswell; no place like home.

Max took over his father’s law firm, while Liz got a job at a local hospital as a pediatric nurse. The hours were great for both of them and they were able to come home at the right time and spend time with their beautiful daughter.

And it was their daughter. There had been no mention of Zan what so ever, and Tessa only knows of one man as her father and that was Max and only Max. In face Tessa was a big daddy’s girl.

Liz was over the mood that Max had been great throughout everything, which made her just fall even more in love with him. So of course, it came to no surprise that when Max proposed to Liz at they young age of 19 she said yes and got married.

2 years later they welcomed their beautiful baby boy Jason into the world, and yet another 2 years later they were blessed with baby Elizabeth, Ellie for short.

They couldn’t be happier with how their lives turned out, and how happy they were that in this lifetime their lives weren’t cut short and they didn’t have to worry about the end of the world. They were just able to live their lives in utter bliss.

As for Isabel and Alex, well Isabel opened up her own wedding planning business, she figured that planning was her niche since she had loved planning Max and Liz’s wedding.

Alex of course helped her, and he got a job with as a computer programmer in Santa Fe. He and Isabel got married when they turned 23 and they had their first child at 26; Baby Tyler Michael Whitman, and their second child 2 years later; Baby Lauren Diane Whitman.

Michael and Maria found their own path towards marriage shortly after Max and Liz did. Amy Deluca wasn’t so pleased seeing that they were so young, but she warmed up to her son-in-law throughout the years. Especially after seeing how great of a father he was.

Maria and Michael welcomed twin girls into the world; Baby Emma and Baby LeAnn Guerin. Michael was the typical over protective father and his baby girls were his entire life. Shortly after the twin’s birth Michael opened up his own restaurant where he was the main chef, currently it’s one of the top restaurants in the state of New Mexico.

Tess and Kyle have yet to be married, it probably has to do with the fact that Kyle is afraid of commitment, but you’d think that Kyle would at least consider bending on that damn knee and just get it over with, especially seeing that Tess was 6 months pregnant and that they have been living together for the last 6 years. Tess of course has been becoming highly impatient, especially with all the hormones but thankfully she wouldn’t have to wait much longer, Kyle had been spotted at a ring shop just a week earlier.

So that left to where they were now.

Tessa was now 14 and starting her first day of high school as Maria and Liz sat reminiscing on the past years. It had been so different from how everything was before but everything happened for a reason, and they were happy with where they were now.

If there was anything that the pod squad had learned in the last 16 years they had spent with each other it was that not to live in the past and not to drown your self in regrets. There’s no point in dwelling over your mistake but rather learn from them. They might hurt you, they might change the course of your life, but if you let them, if you learn from them, you can end up right where you belong.