Turn Around (A/I, TEEN) 1/1 2/14/08

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Turn Around (A/I, TEEN) 1/1 2/14/08

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Turn Around
Author: vegas312
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don't sue me.
Coupling: A/I
Rating: TEEN
Summary: Post ARCC. When there's nothing more than the silence.
AN: This story was written for the Flirty Drabble Challenge at Forget Me Not. Also many thanks to roswellianprincess16 and Ilyme4Ever for betaing reading this for me. All grammer mistakes are mine alone. Happy reading and Happy Valentine's Day!

Banner by the lovely Ilyme4Ever

The music carried on the wind as the young man seemed to be entwine with the guitar currently resting in his arms. Dark hair hid his eyes as he kept his focus locked on pouring out the harmony that echoed and cried for release from his very soul. He was unaware of everything around him and even more so unaware of the young woman who was standing in the doorway looking at him. Raindrops continued to pelt the windows around him as the Earth played out its own symphony in beat with his own. There was nothing but his need and the music.

Music had always been his escape from everything that the world threw at him. Music was his salvation. It was his peace. It was his secret lover who he poured out his hopes and dreams and tears to. When he had nowhere else to turn to and no one to really pour open his heart to, he always came running back. The wind picked up the last note as it twisted in the air and finally soared away leaving him utterly drained. Pushing back the dark bangs that until then he had been unaware of having been in his eyes, he looked up to see her.

She was the woman who haunted him in every waking moment and even in his dreams he had no real escape because there she ruled supreme. Dark blue eyes traveled up her long and voluptuous body noticing the stiff way she held herself as if waiting for an attack, and moved up to the honey blonde hair that molded itself to her curves inviting someone to touch it. She was an oxymoron. A warrior princess that needed no one yet on a closer look she was fragile and vulnerable.

Isabel Evans. Those who didn’t know her had long crowned her the Ice Princess with her gorgeous looks and her cold receptiveness to anyone who dared to get close to her. She was the Elle Macpherson of their school, yet for one brief minute he had been allowed to see her for who she really was. She wasn’t the Ice Princess to him, the unattainable, rather she was his inspirations and dreams. He had fallen for her from the moment he had caught a glance of something more behind those golden eyes that he could wax incandescently on about. There was more to her than the cold beauty that she portrayed and to be one of the few that had gotten to know the caring, strong yet vulnerable woman lurking under the surface he would always be grateful.

Who would have ever thought that Alex Whitman would be the guy to see behind the mask? Still he knew deep down inside that what she felt for him paled in comparison to his feelings for her. Sighing away the thought that he might not be what she needed, he tightened his grip on the guitar before easing off the pressure yet still maintaining hold of it. His eyes dropped momentarily to stare at the strings on the guitar before he got the courage to look back up at her.

“Hey. What’s going on? Were we supposed to meet up today?” He unconsciously pluck the strings drawing out a soft melody as he waited for her to response.

Brown eyes followed the long, lean fingers that were caressing the guitar before him and with a start she realized that he had started talking to her. It was strange that up until now she had never heard him play anything despite his numerous invitations to come hear his band play. She knew he loved music as much as he loved taking apart computers, but she had never known his deep affection for music until now. Somehow she knew that what she was hearing now wasn’t the music he shared with anyone else. At times he was goofy, charming, a bit geeky, yet there was another side to him that not many people got to see. Underneath she knew that there laid a guy who was mature beyond his years, her very own Sir Galahad, who scared her because he was too easy to fall for. There was no pretense, no lies, nothing but truth and confessions, and that scared her more than anything. Love. The very thought of that fickle emotion taunted and teased her with its promises, so she had pushed him away before she had succumb in its comforting embrace.

Realizing that she was still in the doorway of the garage, she moved further into the room and shifted the backpack that rode on her back up a bit higher for something to do. “Actually we were supposed to meet up and study for that test in English class. Did you forget?” She ignored the ache that echoed throughout her at the thought that he had forgotten her. Once upon a time he would have remembered and had been prepared for her. Things had already started to change between them over the summer and even more since he had come back from Sweden.

Silence. It seemed to be the only thing between them lately and it screamed louder than any words. When had things gotten so bad between them that they now no longer said anything besides things that dealt with the alien abyss or just polite socializing?

“I’m sorry. I got so lost in a new song that I totally forgot about our meeting to study. Forgive me?” He gave her that smile that she privately thought of her smile before nodding her head gracefully at him.

Sitting down the guitar in the corner of the garage, he grabbed his forgotten backpack. He motioned her to sit down at the table while he gathered up the sheet music that was scattered like leaves. Each sat down on a stool and took a moment to dig through their respective bags and sat down to read the assigned poem. Unconsciously they leaned into each other and the only thought that register in each of their minds were one simple line.

‘Please need me the way I need you.’
Last edited by vegas312 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.