Attack of the Killer Toasters - CC- Child - Complete 4/12/08

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Attack of the Killer Toasters - CC- Child - Complete 4/12/08

Post by majiklmoon »

Title: Toaster Drabble
Rating: Child
Dislcaimer: Roswell and its characters belong to Melinda Metz...Jason Katims.....and Fox. I'm just borrowing

prompt suggested by spiletta42

Prompt: Kivar comes to Earth, and the first step in his evil plan? Breaking all the toasters.

Liz Parker was working the breakfast ship in her parent's cafe, The CrashDown. She hated the breakfast shift. The customers were cranky and the tips were lousy. Plus, something always went wrong. The bell over the door jingled and she turned to find Sheriff Jim Valenti standing at the counter.

"Morning, Liz," he said, removing his hat.

"Morning Sheriff," Liz said, smiling automatically. "What can I get for you?

"Just some coffee, and some toast, I'm running late," the sheriff responded, placing his hat on the counter. "It was the funniest thing, I tried to make some toast at home, but something's wrong with the toaster."

"Oh yeah?" asked Liz, half listening. She dropped two slices of bread in the toaster and turned to pour the sheriff a cup of coffee. "What what's wrong with it?"

"Damned if I know," answered the sheriff taking a large sip of the steaming coffee Liz had set before him. "It seemed to run okay, but when the toast popped up, the bread was still untoasted, except for an image that was burned into the center. Kyle things we should try and sell it on EBay. You know...one of those mystical images on food things, but I told him he was nuts?"

Liz laughed at the thought of Kyle selling toast on EBay when a loud disturbance in the kitchen area of the cafe captured her attention. She looked though the pick up window to see her best friend Maria standing there with a panicked expression on her face.

"Liz, we - oh my God - it's hideous - we have to - Liz, do something!" Maria shouted, waving something around.

Before Liz could respond, the bell over the door rang again and Michael, Isabel and Max all rushed in.

"Liz, we have to talk, it's an emergency," Max said.

Liz quelled the panic that rose up inside of her and she motioned for Maria to come out and join the others. The sheriff's toast popped out of the toaster and Liz grabbed it automatically and prepared to butter it, but something stopped her. She stopped and looked closely at the bread that was still untoasted except for the very center which showed an image of a flying saucer.

Excited, Jim Valenti pointed at the toast and shouted "That's exactly what happened at home!"

Wordlessly, Maria held up the item she'd been holding in her hand, a piece of toast. Liz felt fear course through her body and she turned to look at Max, Isabel and Michael, and all three held pieces of untoasted toast - untoasted except for the image of a flying saucer in the center.

"It's Kivar," Max said. "He's here, on Earth and he's planning on taking over. Today the toasters, and tomorrow, who knows - it could be the blenders or God forbid, even the dishwashers. Who knows if our kitchens will ever be safe again?

Liz just stared - she couldn't believe this was happening - all their kitchen appliances pitted against them. It was horrible - too horrible to contemplate.

"Liz, Liz, I'm talking to you," said Max. "Liz, answer me. Liz!"

"Liz. Liz, wake up," Max whispered. "You fell asleep studying."

Liz sat up, yawned and brushed her hair back out of her face as she looked around. "A dream," she thought. "Just a dream."

"Hey Liz, are you hungry?" Max asked. "I was going to make some toast, but there's something wrong with the toaster."

Liz did the only thing she could; she closed her eyes, opened her mouth and screamed!