Immortality Series: Book One (AU, CC, Adult) Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Immortality Series: Book One (AU, CC, Adult) Complete

Post by Skittles1983 »

Author: Amy

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB & UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Coventional Couples

Rating: Mature

I've had several stories floating around in my head but this one has definitely been driving me crazy so I decided to write it. This is going to be a trilogy. The name of the trilogy is the Immortality Series. The books are as follows:

Book One: Close Your Eyes

Book Two: Whisper

Book Three: Forever Love

This is a series that takes place in an Alternate Universe and will contain violent scenes, character deaths, and character rebirths. It will be all conventional couples. There is one Castle on Antar and two Manors on the castle grounds. The Castle belongs to the King and Queen, one manor belongs to the two best friends of the King and the other belongs to the two best friends of the Queen. All three couples are close friends and their children have all grown up really close.

Character List:

Castle DelMara
The royal family
King Lazarus
Queen Esme
Prince Zan (Max)
Princess Calla (Isabelle)

Ravenlyte Manor
The King's closest friends who are married and their children
Lord Theon
Lady Stella
Riordan (Michael)
Rayne (Liz)

Lachlan Manor
The Queens closest friends who are married and their children
Lord Duncan
Lady Audra
Cole (Khivar)
Declan (Alex)
Lyris (Maria)

The following is a summary of each book.

Book One: Close Your Eyes is the first story in the trilogy. This is a story of love and betrayal. It is the story of how a planet is torn apart by a betrayal of someone close to the royal family.

Book Two: Whisper is the second story in the trilogy. This story is of long lost lovers finding their way back to each other on a different planet. At first the characters will have no memories of their past life, but it will come back to them.

Book Three: Forever Love is the third and final story in the trilogy. This story reflects how the lovers' lives have turned out after they are reunited on Earth and must travel back to Antar.

The prologue to Book One: Close Your Eyes will be up soon.
Last edited by Skittles1983 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Something in your eyes makes me smile..." David Gray
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Prologue and Chapter 1

Post by Skittles1983 »

Hi Everyone,
I've finally finished the prologue and first chapter. It took me longer than I thought, but I wanted it to be really good. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Amy

Prologue

Queen Esme looked around at the chaos surrounding her in the lab. Technicians were running everywhere as the blasts outside shook the entire lab. Nya, the head technician caught the Queen’s attention.

“Queen Esme,” Nya bowed, “we are ready.”

The Queen smiled despite all the destruction around her. She walked over to the pods that were about to be loaded into two of their best ships and would leave the atmosphere invisible and undetected. The first set contained her daughter Princess Calla, her son, Prince Zan, and the infamous Antarian General who was like a son to her, Riordan. She gazed at the pods that held her children’s DNA mixed with Human DNA. She reached out and touched them as tears fell from her eyes. But, just as quickly as they fell she wiped them away and nodded at Nya. The first set was loaded onto one of the ships and was sent off. The Queen could sense when the invisible ship had broken the atmosphere.

Then she turned her attention to the second set of pods. This set held her daughter-in-law, Rayne, her son-in-law, Declan, and the General’s wife, Lyris, who was also like a daughter to her. She touched each one and then nodded again at Nya. She watched the second ship be loaded and sensed when it broke the atmosphere. She looked out over the horizon and hoped beyond hopes that one day they would return.

As she turned around, relieved that the ships were safely out of the atmosphere, a violent blast outside the door sent everyone in the lab flying. Queen Esme landed hard on the floor. She covered her face as another blast caused the door to break open into millions of tiny metal pieces. She heard the screams and felt the blasts fly around her. When she uncovered her eyes the sight before her was horrific. All of the technicians were lying in pools of their own blood. She heard a soft cry and looked towards the entryway where the huge metal door had once stood. Her bright green eyes met cold, hard, black eyes. She watched helplessly as the hand around Nya’s throat tightened.

“Esme, won’t you bow to your King.” His voice boomed throughout the room.

Esme stood up and raised her head defiantly. She drew forth all of the strength and energy she had left in her, so that she could stand her ground.

“I will bow to no one but my king. You are not him. You are the boy who murders and rapes out of jealousy. You are stealing the Kingship and taking it by force. You are nothing to me Cole.”

Cole smiled at her, but his eyes betrayed him. She could see the anger and hatred in them. She watched his hand tighten around Nya’s neck. She watched Nya’s life fade away and she was powerless. She saw Cole release Nya’s lifeless body to the ground as he advanced upon her.

“Esme, you are going to be my queen. With you by my side, I could do so much.”

Esme was shocked. She knew why Cole had raped Rayne, why he murdered everyone she cared about, and she knew what his ultimate plan was.

“Cole, I would rather die than become your woman. I would rather die as Queen, than as your wife because you will never be King. No one will accept you. You are going to destroy this entire galaxy.”

She saw the shock register in his eyes and then she watched as it was replaced with pure rage. She kept her head raised and her eyes level with his. She would not back down. His eyes turned a darker shade of black and his hand flow out. Esme watched and accepted her fate. She did not move, she did not close her eyes, she did not cry out. She thought of Lazarus and her family. She felt the bolt of energy hit her and then everything was silent and dark.

Chapter 1

Two Years Earlier

Queen Esme looked out over the kingdom from her balcony. Castle DelMara stood tall and high on the top of the hill that overlooked the entire kingdom. It was sunrise and the sky was lit with glorious shades of purple and pink. She watched the attendants of the castle scramble about outside in preparation for the evening’s celebrations. White tents were to be erected and decorated before sunset.

Queen Esme looked out to Ravenlyte Manor. She knew her best friends, Lord Theon and Lady Stella were probably already. She knew their oldest child, Riordan was probably still asleep and that Rayne was probably up and just as excited as Esme was. Across from Ravenlyte stood Lachlan Manor. Lachlan Manor was where her husband’s best friends resides. Lord Duncan and Lady Audra were also her friends. All of their children had grown up together just like they had. A soft sigh behind her brought her attention back to the bedroom behind her.

She turned back around and looked at her husband who was still asleep. She made her way over to him and kissed his cheek gently. She pulled back and watched him wake up slowly. His dark brown eyes opened and met her bright green ones.

“Love,” his voice was gruff from sleep, “why did you wake me up so early?”

“Lazarus, I can’t sleep. I have so much going on in my head.”

He laughed at her child like behavior. “Esme, you amaze me. Everything is taken care of. You need to relax.” He leaned forward and kissed her.

After a few moments they broke apart breathless.

Esme smiled at him, and then leaned against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. She sighed contently.

“Love, you have nothing to worry about. Today is a day of celebration.”

“I know. Tonight we celebrate three engagements and three birthdays.”

The King laughed, “You are too much my love.”

Esme laughed along with Lazarus but as they quieted down, she felt his breathing even out, which meant he had fallen back to sleep. Her mind wandered to a long time ago when she was pregnant with her first child, Zan. Prince Zan was quite the king in the making. He took everything seriously, yet had a playful and loving side. He took after both his mother and father. He had dark brown hair, with the most amazing amber/honey colored eyes. All the girls were in love with him because he was so good looking and kind, but he only had eyes for one woman.

Esme had been pregnant at the same time her two best friends were pregnant. They had all given birth on the same day. Prince Zan had come first at sunrise, then Lady Stella had given birth to Riordan in the midafternoon. Riordan was a handsome man. His hair was the color of sunrise and his eyes the color of honey. He was Prince Zan’s best friend and his second in command, which meant he was the Antarian General. He was a fierce warrior, but very kind and gentle with the people he loved and cared about.

It was after dark when the third child came. Lady Audra had given birth last to Cole. He was a friendly child, but Esme could see the darkness around him. He traveled with his father on foreign affairs a lot and loved politics. Many women also threw themselves at him. He had jet black hair with almost black eyes. His features were stunning.
Lady Audra had gotten pregnant almost immediately after Cole was born. One year and two days after she had given birth to Cole, her second son was born. Declan was a wonderfully birth child and had grown into a strong, intelligent man. He was now the head of the research and genetics lab of Antar.

All three women became pregnant again at the same time. Queen Esme gave birth to Princess Calla two years and two days after Prince Zan was born. Princess Calla was a beautiful child and an even more stunning woman. Her eyes were the color of the sea and her hair was the color of spun gold and fell to the top her butt. She was kind-hearted and loved to work with children. She often went to the orphanage to read to the children there.

Lady Stella gave birth to Rayne an hour after the Princess was born. Rayne was a bright young girl. She excelled in everything she studied. She found her calling in medicine. She loved being a nurse to the sick. It was quite amazing. Rayne was also very beautiful. She had jet black hair that fell down to her mid-back. Her eyes were such a dark brown color, but in the sun seemed gold.

Lady Audra had given birth to Lyris at the same time Rayne was born. Lyris was a mischievous child. She had bright green eyes and golden hair that fell in waves down her back. She liked to sing and was very good at it. She had a beautiful voice that everyone fell in love with.

The planet of Antar had rejoiced again at the three births. As the children had grown older they had become a close-knit group like their parents. Prince Zan, Riordan, Cole, and Declan were very protective of their younger sisters. Eventually the group had formed into couples. Prince Zan and Rayne fell in love as did Riordan and Lyris, and Declan and Princess Calla. Cole was left out and shied away from the group.

Before Queen Esme could continue her thoughts of the past she was brought out of her reverie. The sun was peeking through the open balcony doors and she closed her eyes to bask in the warmth of it. Tonight they would celebrate the 21st birthdays of Prince Zan, General Riordan, and Ambassador Cole. They would also be celebrating the engagements of Prince to Rayne, Princess Calla to Declan, and General Riordan to Lyris. Esme couldn’t have been happier. Castle DelMara, Ravenlyte Manor, and Lachlan Manor would all be celebrating tonight. Diplomats from several other planets would be in attendance of tonight’s festival as well.

Esme hoped that the designers remembered all of her instructions. Deciding that she couldn’t stay in bed any longer she climbed out carefully, so as to not wake Lazarus. She crept out of their bedroom and made her way towards her private office. She nodded at the guards throughout the corridor. Once she was in her office, she picked up the phone and dialed the all too familiar number of Stella.

Stella picked up on the first ring, “Esme, I thought you would never call.”

Esme laughed, “I figured you would be waiting my call.”

Stella laughed, “Rayne woke me up at sunrise.”

“Good. Call Audra and have her bring Lyris and you bring Rayne. Come up to the castle for an early breakfast and then the girls can leave for their day of pampering that lies ahead of them. I will go and wake Calla.”

“Okay,” Stella agreed, “See you in twenty minutes.”

The old friends said their goodbyes and made their way to their daughters chambers.
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

chapter 2

Post by Skittles1983 »

Chapter 2

Lyris, Rayne, and Calla had been inseparable since birth. They were like sisters and loved each other like sisters. Lyris was the creative one, Rayne the intelligent one, and Calla the gentle one. They were equally beautiful and stunning in their own ways and the entire kingdom loved them.

They had spent the entire day of the festival being pampered. They started their day off with massages then proceeded to get body wraps, manicures, pedicures, facials and we’re now having their hair down. Then they were off to get their make-up done and get dressed.

Lyris chose to have her hair piled high on top of her head in curly tendrils. Her make-up sparkled in various shades of green on her eyes, while her lips were a soft shade of nude.

Rayne left her dark hair down in big curly tendrils that cascaded down to her mid back. She opted for a more neutral look going with shades of browns and bronzes that shimmered for her make up.

Calla had her stylist pull her hair back into a low bun. Her make-up was very smoky and dark, very dramatic.

The three women had gone dress shopping together and they each fell in love with the same dress. So, they each bought the dress in different colors. The dress was made of a gauzy material. The top was fitted across their breasts with a straight edge and continued to be fitted until their hips where it just flowed out softly. The lines of the dress showed all of their curves. Lyris picked out a beautiful shade of sage green, Rayne picked out a pale pink gown, and Calla had opted to go with red.

When they came out of their dressing rooms with their hair and make up done they looked at each other and squealed with delight. They all looked beautiful and so grown up for only being nineteen. As they got into their awaiting carriage each woman was lost in her own thoughts.

Lyris was thinking about Riordan. She loved him with all of her heart and couldn’t wait to be married. Their wedding was set to take place in six months. They had had a tumultuous relationship for most of their lives. They were like night and day but loved each other fiercely. Lyris had thought that Riordan was intimidating, but once he opened up to her she saw him differently and had fallen in love. She couldn’t have asked for anyone more perfect.

Rayne was thinking about Zan. Their wedding was set to take place in a year. They had always had a deep connection. They were the best of friends when they were younger and then it turned into something more. One day When she was 12 and he was 14 they had been walking outside when Rayne had fallen to the ground clutching her chest. She had been shot by accident by one of the guards who was practicing his aim. He had been startled by something behind him and he dropped his gun. The gun had gone off and Rayne had been hit. Zan forced her to look at him and he healed her. With the healing came a connection of their minds. They had been together since then. When she had turned 17, Zan had professed his love for her. Although, they both knew the moment he healed her that their love was already there. Their love could and would get them through anything.

Calla was thinking about Declan. She was to be married to him in eight months. She was so in love with him as he was with her. It wasn’t always that way though. Declan had been professing his love for her since she was ten and he was twelve. However, on her sixteenth birthday she realized she loved him too. He had given up on Calla the year before, so when her birthday rolled around he brought a female friend to her birthday party. Calla was incredibly upset and jealous. She went to him that night and told him her true feelings and they’d been together ever since.

As the carriage pulled up to the castle, the girls got out and hurried inside. They were told to go into the meeting room. When they arrived they found their parents, siblings, and significant others. The room had been bustling with activity and talking but when the three women entered the room stopped dead. All eyes were on them as they looked at each other with confused expressions. They didn’t realize how beautiful and elegant they looked. Their parents all had tears in their eyes because they realized how grown up their daughters were, while their brothers were looking at them protectively, and their lovers were seeing them in a different way…they way only lovers see each other. Then all the parents started talking at once and the room was once again filled with activity.

Finally, when all the guests had arrived the royal family and their best friends to their seats at the head table in the front of the huge white tent. King Lazarus stood and the crowd quieted.

“Friends, we are gathered here for several celebrations. We have three birthdays and three engagements to celebrate.” King Lazarus paused as the crowd cheered. “We are here tonight to celebrate Prince Zan’s 21st birthday, General Riordan’s 21st birthday, and Ambassador Cole’s 21st birthday.” He paused again as the crowd cheered. He had to smile to himself as he heard a lot of females professing their love for the three men. “And…” he paused for effect, “we are here tonight to celebrate the engagement of Prince Zan to Rayne, daughter of Lord Theon and Lady Stella. Also, the engagement of Princess Calla to Declan, the son of Lord Duncan and Lady Audra, and the engagement of General Riordan, son of Lord Theon and Lady Stella to Lyris, daughter of Lord Duncan and Lady Audra.” the crowd stood and cheered. The sound was almost deafening as each couple stood and moved towards the dance floor that was set up for them. They were to dance the first dance of the evening together before the festivities really began.

A slow, powerful love song filtered through the speakers as a beautiful woman took the stage to sing for the royal couples.

The whispers in the morning
Of lovers sleeping tight
Are rolling like thunder now
As I look in your eyes

Zan looked down at Rayne as she looked up at him. She could see the love and protectiveness in his eyes. He pulled her closer and murmured in her ear, “You are so beautiful and I love you so much.” She closed her eyes and reveled in the feeling of being with him.

I hold on to your body
And feel each move you make
Your voice is warm and tender
A love that I could not forsake

Lyris rested her head against Riordan’s chest. He was holding on to her tightly and she smiled at his protectiveness. He leaned down and whispered, “I can’t wait until we are married my love.” She shivered in response and saw his smirk out of the corner of her eye and laughed at his playfulness.

'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can

“My princess,” Declan said in Calla’s ear, “I love you.” Calla smiled because that was Declan. Simple, sweet, and to the point. She murmured back her love for him.

Lost is how I'm feeling lying in your arms
When the world outside's too
Much to take
That all ends when I'm with you

Queen Esme and King Lazarus watched proudly as their children danced with their lovers. They couldn’t have been happier because their children ended up with their soul mates and they were truly blessed.

Even though there may be times
It seems I'm far away
Never wonder where I am
'Cause I am always by your side

Lord Theon pulled his wife, Lady Stella closer to him. He remembered when they were that age and so in love. He was more in love with his wife now than he had been all those years ago. He was so happy that his children were able to find their true soul mates.
Stella leaned up, kissed his jaw and smiled at him because she had read his thoughts.

'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
I'll do all that I can

Lady Audra and Lord Duncan smiled at each other as they shared a quick kiss. They were happy for their children because it wasn’t all of the time that loves like theirs were found.

We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

Lady Audra and Lord Duncan, Lord Theon and Lady Stella, and King Lazarus and Queen Esme all shared looks with each other. They were so happy that their wishes had come true. The women all had known when they had given birth to their daughters that they would grow up and fall in love with the men they were with now. They called it mother’s intuition, but others called it Destiny or Fate.

The sound of your heart beating
Made it clear
Suddenly the feeling that I can't go on
Is light years away

Each couple whispered to amongst themselves as the onlookers watched enviously. Some were envious because Lyris, Rayne, and Princess Calla were beautiful, others were envious because Riordan, Declan, and Prince Zan were extremely handsome, while others were envious of the bond and deep love that was evident with each couple.

'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
I'll do all that I can

Everyone was so intent on the couples on the dance floor. The onlookers were content watching the beautiful young couples, the couples’ parents were content to watch them, and the couples themselves were laughing and talking to each other as they danced. Everyone was so focused on them that they didn’t notice the look of pure rage and hatred on Ambassador Cole’s face. They didn’t notice the looks of death that he was bestowing upon the Prince and King and Queen. They didn’t notice the predatory looks he was issuing at Rayne. If they had noticed, maybe they would have foreseen the future.

We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

Song is Celine Dion’s “The Power of Love”.
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 3: Lyris and Riordan

Post by Skittles1983 »

6 months after the Engagement/Birthday party

Lyris studied herself in the mirror. She wanted to look perfect for

Riordan. Her white dress hugged every curve of her body perfectly. She

smiled to herself at the thought of Riordan’s reaction. The dress dipped

dangerously low in back. It was to the floor and had a high slit up her

right leg. Her white satin shoes made her two inches taller. The

spaghetti straps on her dress were embroidered with pearls. The top of

the dress created a v neck and showed a hint of cleavage. It was the 3rd

dress she tried on and she had fallen in love with it.

As she looked at her reflection in the mirror she thought back to her

first clear memory of Riordan. She had been five and he had been

seven.

They were all outside playing when Rayne had started to scream and

cry because there was a spider. Riordan, being the protective older

brother even at a young age, had come running over to see what was

wrong and immediately saw the reason for his little sister’s distress. So,

he did what every other seven year old child would do…he squashed it

with his shoe.

This quieted Rayne who hugged her brother fiercely, but terribly upset

Lyris. She started to cry and when Riordan went to reach out to her, she

backed up almost afraid of him. From then on, she was always

intimidated by him.

When she was 13 and he was 15 she truly discovered that she had a

mouth of her own and she used it. They would argue over the dumbest

things, but in the end she always won and he would back down. It wasn’t

until her fifteenth birthday that she realized how much she cared for him.

Once again, she was afraid but she shouldn’t have been because he felt

the same for her. They didn’t make their relationship public until she

turned 16 but they were together in every way that mattered. Their close

friends were only mildly surprised because they suspected there was

something underlying all of their arguments.

Now here she was waiting to get married to the man who had

captured her heart when she was so young, even if she didn‘t realize it.

Before her thoughts could precede there was a soft knock on the door

and it opened to reveal Rayne and Calla. The girls entered and then

stared at their friend.

Rayne was the first to speak, “Lyris, you look so beautiful and grown

up.”

Calla agreed, “Yeah, wait until Riordan sees you.”

All three girls giggled. Another knock brought them out of their

giggling fit. The door opened to reveal Lady Audra. She smiled kindly at

Calla and Rayne.

“You girls look absolutely stunning.” She said. And she was right.

Both girls were wearing a light pink dress that fell just past their knees.

The dresses were identical. They were both strapless, fitted on top and

fell into an a-line style at the waist. Their shoes were a soft pink to match

the dress. Both girls wore their hair up in curls. Their only difference

was their jewelry. Calla had on diamond earrings and a matching

necklace, while Rayne had fire topaz earrings and a matching necklace.

“Would you girls mind if I had a moment alone with my daughter?”

They left quietly.

Lady Audra turned to regard her daughter and tears formed in her

eyes, “Sweetheart you are so grown up.”

Lyris rolled her eyes at her mother’s reflection in the mirror, “Mom,

don’t start. Because you’re going to start crying and then I’m going to

start and then we’ll both be a mess.”

Lady Audra nodded and took a moment to compose herself, “Your

father and I are so proud of you. You know that we love Riordan as our

own and we couldn’t be happier for you.”

Lyris hugged her Mom and whispered, “I love you Mom.”

“I love you too Lyris.”

Before they could say anything else there was another knock on the

door and it opened to reveal her father and her two brothers. Lord

Duncan smiled at his daughter. She was definitely all grown up. Cole

and Declan smiled at their younger sister. She was the spitting image of

their mother when she had married their father.

The family shared a few quiet moments together before the wedding

began. Calla and Declan walked down the aisle and were followed by

Rayne and Zan. Cole was at the altar waiting to marry his sisiter to

Riordan and gave her an encouraging smile as she proceeded down the

aisle with their father.

Lyris felt herself blush as all eyes turned to her. She watched

Riordan’s eyes slide over her and an appreciative grin crossed his

features. When she made it to his side, he took her hand, winked at her

and mouthed , “I love you”. She smiled back and couldn’t wait for the

rest of their lives together.

The ceremony was beautiful. Everyone cried. Riordan got teary-eyed

during their vows to each other as did Lyris.

The reception was a fun time for all. Everyone ate, laughed, and

enjoyed themselves. After cutting the cake, the couple went to the dance

floor to dance their first dance as husband and wife. Lyris had chosen the

song and Riordan hadn’t argued. He loved it just as much as she did.

Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start.

I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart.

From here on after let's stay the way we are right now,

And share all the love and laughter

That a lifetime will allow.

Riordan looked down at the beautiful woman in his arms. He couldn’t

have been happier than this at any other time in his life. He smiled down

at his soul mate, the woman who owned him: mind, body, soul, and

heart. He would do everything in his power to keep that smile on her

face for the rest of their lives. He couldn’t wait to start a family with her.

They had agreed to enjoy their married life first and then have children.

Lyris wanted to wait until after Calla’s wedding and Rayne’s wedding. She

figured that in two years they could start their family and Riordan agreed

whole-heartedly. He would make all her dreams come true.

I cross my heart and promise to

Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

Lyris smiled up at him. She could feel all of his love for her just

radiating out of him. He was her everything and without him she wasn’t

sure who she’d be or where’d she be right now. He helped her to become

strong and stay true to herself. Lyris knew the man behind the strong,

rough exterior Riordan had. And, she loved him all the more for it.

You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete,

And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.

As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see,

So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be.

Riordan inhaled her sweet smell. He couldn’t wait to take her home.

They were staying in their own castle that had been built for them. It was

at the farthest point away from the Castle DelMara and gave Riordan

easy access to his offices as second in Command. He felt her fingers

trace the outline of his bicep and he was brought back to reality. He

glanced down at her to see her smiling at him innocently, however he

knew she was anything but that.

I cross my heart and promise to

Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

Lyris felt his bicep muscle twitch under her feather light touches. She

was so excited to go home and have her way with him. They’d been

intimate plenty of times before but she knew tonight would be special.

They were going to come together as husband and wife. She felt a shiver

of anticipation run through her . Riordan felt her shiver and knew what

she was thinking about. As the song ending her pulled her to him for a

heart stopping kiss. Lyris knew that for the rest of her life, she would

never grow tired of kissing and touching him. She knew that a day would

come and he would have to go fight for the people of Antar, but she knew

that he was a strong and powerful leader. She also knew that with all of

the peace treaties in effect that day would be a long time from now if it

ever did happen. If only she had known how wrong she was.

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm,

You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine,

A love as true as mine.

~Song Credit: "I Cross My Heart" sung by George Strait
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Hi Everyone. Thanks for the feedback for all of the chapters so far. I have complete book One and have stared to work on Book Two. So, here is the rest of Book One: Close Your Eyes. I have to make two posts to be able to fit the rest of the story in. Please let me know what you think. I love feedback!

Chapter 4: Calla and Declan’s Wedding

Calla and Declan’s wedding took place two months after Lyris and Riordan’s. Calla was giving up her title as Princess and Rayne would take the title in another two months after her wedding to Zan. It didn’t matter to Calla though. She was content to marry Declan and raise a family with him.

Calla was always known for her timely schedule, so when she planned her wedding it was planned down to the exact second. Her father waited patiently for her and when she turned to him, he had tears in his eyes. His little girl was all grown-up. King Lazarus had never seen her look more beautiful than she did right now. Her hair fell around her shoulders in big curls. A tiara made of hundreds of diamonds adorned the top of her head and held her white veil in place. Her dress hugged every curve of her body perfectly. She had opted for a fitted dress rather than one with a huge princess skirt. Tbe dress bunched slightly on one side and in the center of the bunch was a beautiful diamond dragonfly pendant. Her white satin shoes had three inch heels but were only seen when she walked. The dress flared out around her feet allowing her to walk easier.

King Lazarus lifted her veil and kissed her softly on the cheek. Calla smiled at him through teary eyes.

“Calla, sweetheart, don’t cry. I’m just teary eyed because you’re leaving me. Who is going to keep me up to date on the latest fashion trends now that you are moving out” King Lazarus was scared to lose his children. He had tried to convince Call to live in the palace with Declan but she had refused. They chose to build a small castle right on the edge of the palace’s property. She was within twenty minutes walking distance from her parents.

“Daddy, I could never leave you. I‘ll be twenty minutes away.” Calla laughed tearily.

Her father smiled at her, “I know. I’m just being stubborn.”

A knock at the door interrupted the father/daughter moment.

Lyris popped her head in. She smiled at the two of them, “It’s time.”

Calla checked herself one more time in the mirror before she followed her father out the door.

Rayne walked down the aisle with Zan followed by Lyris with Riordan. Rayne and Lyris had on long sage green dresses. Rayne’s dress had spaghetti straps while Lyris’ gown was strapless. Both women had their hair in low buns and wore light makeup. The gowns hugged them perfectly.

The ceremony was short and simple. Cole presided over it and married his younger brother and Calla.

Declan and Calla couldn’t have been happier. They were sitting in the carriage on the way from the church to the gardens of the palace where their reception was being held. Calla had her head rested on Declan’s shoulder.

“Married life seems to have tamed Lyris and Riordan.” Declan said.

Calla laughed, “Yeah. They definitely don’t fight as much.”

Declan chuckled. “Calla, today is the happiest day of my life. I didn’t think you and I would ever be together, but here we are and I love you more now than I did then. I know that as each day goes by, I will love you more and more each day.”

Calla kissed Declan passionately. When they pulled back for air she said, “Declan, I was so stupid to have not seen what was right in front of me the entire time. You know how stubborn I am, but I love you more than you could ever know.”
They smiled at each other as their carriage pulled up outside of the garden. The door opened and Declan stepped out first than gallantly reached up his hand and helped Calla out of the carriage. They were met with thunderous applause and loud cheers.

As they entered hand in hand their wedding song began to play. They walked onto the dance floor and held on to each other tightly.

Always and forever
Each moment with you
Is just like a dream to me
That somehow came true

Declan thought back to a time when he was so in love with Calla and she barely paid him any attention. He had been hopelessly in love with her. Only Rayne and Lyris knew and they encouraged him to tell Calla and he did numerous times. When he was 16 he realized that he couldn’t wait for her to notice him as more than a friend so he let go. When he was 17 and she turned 16 he brought a friend to her party and Calla had realized how she truly felt. He had never really let her go, so he was eager to return her affections.

And I know tomorrow
Will still be the same
Cause we've got a life of love
That won't ever change and..

Calla was happy that she had given Declan a chance. Lyris and Rayne had been trying to get her to notice him and she did notice him. He kept professing his love for her, but she was scared. So, she kept him at an arms length until she realized that she could lose him. She figured that he would always be there waiting for her, but he hadn’t been. Calla had come to her senses on her 16th birthday and she hadn’t looked back.

Every day
Love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away
With a smile

Declan smiled down at Calla as she gazed up at him. He had never seen her glow more than she was right now. He thought of his work at the lab and knew that Queen Esme was right to have come to him. Before he could get lost in his thoughts of his current project at the genetics lab he felt Calla place a gentle kiss on his jaw. She snuggled her head into the crook of his neck and sighed softly. He leaned his head against hers and focused on the feel of her in his arms.

Take time to tell me
You really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you Forever

Calla couldn’t wait for their married lives to begin. Zan and Rayne were to be married in two months and after that things would settle down. The castle that they had had built was smaller than the castle she had grown up in, but she was happy. Riordan and Lyris were only ten minutes away and she knew that once things had calmed down after all the weddings, she, Lyris, and Rayne would spend a lot of time together taking walks like they used to. Calla also couldn’t wait for tonight. It would be the first time that she and Declan had made love. They had always gotten to the point where they were going to make love but Calla had decided to save herself for marriage, so Declan would always stop their intimacy at a certain level and Calla loved him even more for that.

There'll always be sunshine
When I look at you
It's something I can't explain
Just the things that you do

Declan was also excited for their night together to begin. He was happy to be able to make love to Calla for the first time. But, he also had a surprise for her. They had been planning on spending the night in Castle DelMara, but Declan had talked to King Lazarus and Queen Esme and they had agreed that his surprise was perfect. Declan had the crew building the castle work overtime. Calla didn’t know it, but the castle was ahead of schedule and already finished. Declan had arranged for a bed to be brought in. He had also set up the room before he had gone to the church. Dozens of red roses filled their bedroom. White rose petals covered the bed and floor and a hundred tea lights lit the room perfectly. His plan was to blindfold her and then light the candles using his powers. He knew she would love it.

And if you get lonely
Phone me and take
A second to give to me
That magic you make and..
Every day
Love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away
With a smile

Calla smiled thinking about the surprise Declan was in for. The girls had had a sleepover last night at Lyris’ castle, so that they could sleep in and take their time getting ready for the wedding. Rayne and Lyris had given Calla a beautiful red silk negligee that was completely sheer. They gave her a red garter belt and matching red silk stilleto heels to wear. Calla had blushed at the gift but Lyris and Rayne had promised her it would get a big reaction. Calla felt herself flush at the thought of Declan’s reaction to the sexy red lingeree.

Take time to tell me
You really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you Forever

As the last verse faded the lovers looked at each other and knew that for the rest of their lives they would always have each other and a love that would get them through anything.

A pair of dark eyes watched the happy couple and smiled sadistically. He thought to himself, if they only knew what was to come.

Chapter 5: Zan and Rayne’s Wedding

Rayne watched from the window in the door of the church as Lyris and Riordan walked down the aisle followed by Calla and Declan. She had chosen deep red dress dresses for Lyris and Calla. The dresses were strapless and fell to just below the knee. The dress was A-line style and had a three inch sash around the waist that was cream colored. Lyris had chosen to pull her hair back into a high ponytail which held her curls back. Calla had left her hair down and her thick tendrils reached just below her shoulders. Their shoes were deep red to match their dresses.

Zan watched could not take his eyes off of Rayne as she walked down the aisle. He had never seen her look more angelic than she did now. That’s why she was his angel. Her hair fell pin-straight down to her mid-back. Her tiara held her hair back from her face. She had opted not to wear a veil. Her make-up was all neutral colors and she glowed with happiness. Her gown was a strapless sweetheart top and hugged the top part of her body. It flared out around her waist and had yards and yards of tool underneath the top layer of white satin, so that the skirt appeared to float around her. The dress stopped just short of the ground, so that her shoes could be seen. Her shoe straps were encrusted in rare Antarian crystal that sparkled perfectly.

As Rayne walked down the aisle she could not take her eyes off Zan. He looked so handsome in his tux. She loved it when he had to dress up. His dark hair cut shorter than it had been in a long time and was spiked up. His dark amber eyes never left hers and she could feel the chills running up her spine in anticipation of what would happen after their reception. When her father handed her to Zan and their hands touched their connection sizzled.

The ceremony was slightly longer than the others had been because Rayne was given the title of Princess. Cole had presided over the marriage, but King Lazarus and Calla had presided over the ceremony giving Rayne the title of princess. Calla removed the tiara holding Rayne’s hair back and placed her own tiara on Rayne’s head signifying her relinquishment of the title of Princess and that she was passing it on to Rayne.

At the reception Zan and Rayne took to the dance floor to dance their first dance as husband and wife. Zan pulled Rayne close and reveled in the feel of her soft body pressed against his.

So many times I thought I held it in my hands
but just like grains of sand
love slipped through my fingers
so many nights I asked the Lord above
Please make me lucky enough to find a love that lingers
Something keeps telling me that you could be my answered prayer
you must be heaven sent, I swear
cuz...

Rayne looked up at Zan. She couldn’t remember a time when she wasn’t in love with him. Even before he saved her that fateful day in the courtyards, she was in love with him. Zan was her everything. He was her lover and her best friend. He was her rock and her shoulder to cry on. And, she would do anything for him. When she was younger she always wanted a fairy tale romance and she got her wish. Zan was her prince and knight in shining armor all in one. She looked up into his handsome face as he looked down into her eyes.

Something happens when you look at me I forget to speak
something happens when you kiss my mouth my knees get so weak
could it be true is this what God has meant for me?
cuz baby I can't believe...that something like you could happen to me

Zan looked down into Rayne’s eyes and was breathless. He knew that he was definitely the luckiest Antarian. Rayne was beautiful and intelligent. He loved her for who she was and who she was yet to become. He knew that she would make a perfect Princess and one day Queen. He kissed her forehead and pulled her closer only to feel her face burrow into his neck. He had been in love with her for a long time although it took him a while to say it. He knew he would marry her the day that he saved her in the courtyard. He had seen forever in her eyes that day, but he had fallen helplessly for her years before that. He would do anything for her and knew there would never be anyone else for him, not in this lifetime or the next.

yeah yeah...something like you

Rayne burrowed deeper into her husband’s neck. She loved the way he smelled. She couldn’t wait to go home after the reception. She and Zan had made love for the first time when she turned 17 and he was 19. Now, almost three years later they would make love as husband and wife. Rayne had decided a month ago that they would not be together until their wedding night and Zan had respected that. Now as she looked up into his eyes her desire grew and raged through her.

Girl in your eyes I feel your fire burn
oh your secrets I will learn
even if it takes forever
with you by my side i can do anything
I don't care what tomorrow brings as long as we're together
my heart is telling me that you could be my meant to be
I know it more each time we touch
cuz...

Zan saw the passion burning within her eyes and knew that it was just for him. He felt himself harden as he watched her desire grow. Zan was grateful that she was pulled tight up against him because she hid his obvious excitement. Rayne’s eyes were the windows to her soul and he could see how good and pure she was. He could also see her love and lust which was openly displayed to him right now.

Rayne could feel him pressing against her even through all the tool of her skirt. She smiled wickedly up at him and winked. She felt a shiver go through him as he leaned down and kissed her bare shoulder. She knew that he was home for her. Without him she had no home and she knew that that is how he felt without her.

Something magical (something magical)
something spiritual (something spiritual)
something stronger than the two of us alone
something physical
something undeniable (undeniable)
nothing like anything (anything) that i've ever known
cuz...

Zan could barely contain himself. She was making this very difficult with her roaming hands and wicked smiles and winks. He knew that Rayne could be very playful when she wanted to be. Zan knew that fate had made her his destiny. He had never connected with anyone like he had with her. Even his parents could not explain the visions and flashes they received from one another when they were together.

Fate had decided a long time ago that Zan and Rayne’s love would be the love to save Antar. There was an ancient book that had been lost long ago that told of Antar’s destruction and rebirth. The story tells of a love that is so pure and true. The couple in the story are murdered in cold blood, but their deaths are avenged many years later and Antar is saved. Zan and Rayne have a destiny that will be fulfilled and will affect their closest friends and family.

Something happened...ohhhh, can't believe that you happened to me
hey yeah...

Cole’s black eyes watched the beautiful couple on the dance floor. His fists tightened as he watched Prince Zan kiss Princess Rayne’s shoulder. It had nearly killed him to marry them today. The only thing that got him through was the knowledge of what would happen soon to all of them.

Song Credits- "Always and Forever" by Heatwave and "Someone Like You" by 'Nsync.
Last edited by Skittles1983 on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Chapter 6: A Time for Celebration

One Year Later

Queen Esme and Declan sat quietly at the conference table in the genetics lab facility. It was just the two of them. Queen Esme broke the silence first.

“Declan, everything is ready?”

“Yes. The pods are all set for travel. They have been moved to the remote lab facility in the eastern end. Nya, my assistant will be there for the duration of their growth. They just have another few months before I can be sure that there are no defects. Two of our best ships have also been moved there. They will be undetectable even after they break our atmosphere. The ships are smaller, so I have broken the pods up into two groups. Calla, Zan, and Riordan are in one set, while Lyris, Rayne, and myself are in another. Can I ask you a question?”

The Queen nodded, although she knew what the question would be.

“Why did you have me do this? I do not understand. All of the peace treaties have been signed.”

“I just know that something is going to happen. Lazarus says the same thing as you and so does Riordan and Zan. BUT, I know something is wrong. Something is coming. I had a dream one night and that is why I came to you. I saw death all around me. When I woke up I knew that I had to do something. I came up with the idea of cloning you, Calla, Zan, Lyris, Riordan and Rayne. I know that none of you would survive without the other.”

“How come Cole was not cloned?”

Queen Esme hesitated but knew she could trust Declan, so she answered his question, “Cole can not be trusted. There is a dark aura around him and word has gotten back to me about him and his darker dealings. There is something off with him. He has not been back here in a year. He has not been back since Zan and Rayne wed.”

All Declan could do was nod. He knew the Queen was right deep down in his heart. He knew that his brother, whom he had once looked up to was no longer the same man, but he couldn’t figure out why. He knew that Cole was capable of anything.

“Should we tell the others?” Declan asked as he looked at the Queen.

“Yes. I think tonight after our dinner we should bring this up. Everyone will be there tonight. Lyris, Rayne and Calla have something they wish to share with everyone so we will hold dinner in the grand dining room. King Lazarus already knows what is going on with the pods, but it is time that he knows about Cole.”

Declan nodded his agreement, “Will we tell them about the pods?”

Queen Esme shook her head, “No, not yet. I want to make sure that there are no defects first.”

Declan and Esme shared a look before ending their meeting.

Three hours later

King Lazarus sat at the head of the table. To his right was Queen Esme, Calla, Declan, Lord Duncan, Lady Audra. To his left sat Riordan, Lyris, Lord Theon, Lady Stella, and Princess Rayne. Across from King Lazarus sat Prince Zan. Everyone was carrying on different conversations. However, all conversation came to a halt when Lyris, Calla, and Princess Rayne stood up.

Lyris started, “We have something we want to share with all of you.”

Calla continued, “The three of us found out some news today and we wanted everyone to find out at the same time.”

Princes Rayne finished, “Lyris, Calla and I are following in the footsteps of our mothers.”

The three looked at each other then continued simultaneously, “We’re pregnant.”

Everyone was stunned for a second but then the room erupted into a flurry of activity. Zan, Riordan, and Declan who already knew what their wives were going to be sharing with their families sat back and watched hugs and kisses be shared between families, fathers, daughters, mothers, and then they were swept up in the activity. Dinner went by quickly and the women answered the questions about their pregnancies as best they could. They were all due around the same time, but Lady Stella, Lady Audra, and Queen Esme knew that they would be giving birth at the same time.

When the party moved into the lounge, Queen Esme and Declan were too busy caught in the baby excitement that they forgot to bring up their pressing matters with Cole.

Zan and Rayne retired to their rooms first. They wanted to celebrate on their own and in their own way.

Calla and Declan followed suit and ended up staying in the castle. The Queen had insisted that everyone stay in the castle because she wanted to have a huge breakfast. Everyone had agreed.

Riordan and Lyris were the next couple to go.

Lady Audra and Lord Duncan along with Lady Stella and Lord Theon celebrated with Queen Esme and King Lazarus. They toasted to their good fortune. It was then that the Queen remembered what she had wanted to address everyone about, but she decided that it was late and they could discuss it after breakfast.

Zan and Rayne lay in bed in the afterglow of their love making. Zan rested his head on her stomach and was murmuring soft words of love to their child. Rayne just listened and eventually fell asleep listening to her lovers words to their unborn child.

Lyris and Riordan lay in bed holding each other. Lyris had her head rested against Riordan’s shoulder. Riordan was ecstatic. Not only was Lyris pregnant but so was his sister and Calla. He knew that all of their children would grow up loved by their aunts and uncles and grand parents, as well as with each other. He, Zan, and Declan had already decided that they were going to spoil their wives senseless during their pregnancies. He couldn’t wait to see Lyris grow with their child inside of her. He fell asleep with only thoughts of Lyris and their unborn child.

Calla had her back to Declan as he cuddled with her from behind. She was pulled tight against him and his hand rested gently on her lower stomach. He absently rubbed his thumb back and forth. Declan placed a gentle kiss on his wife’s neck and watched her sleep until he fell into a deep slumber.

As everyone in Castle DelMara cuddled safely in their beds and the last lights in the castle turned off a fleet of fighter ships left the planet of Hadrea. The fleet was headed to Antar and in the lead ship was Ambassador Cole of Antar with the General Kry of Hadrea.

Chapter 7: Desperate Measures

Queen Esme and King Lazarus were both startled awake by screams and shouts from the castle. The doors to their bedroom burst open and a guard covered in blood ran in breathless.

“Your majesty, we are under attack. They are storming the palace as we speak.”

“Take every man you have and hold them off from the main entrance into our main meeting hall.”

The man nodded and ran off as the King jumped out of bed. The Queen was paralyzed because her nightmare was coming true.

The King looked at his wife and said, “Go, my love. Take the tunnel to the lab and make sure the pods are safe and then send them.”

The Queen stood up and looked at her husband, “I love you. Be safe and be careful.”

King Lazarus nodded, “I love you too; all my life. You be safe and be careful too.”

They shared a brief but passionate kiss and then Queen Esme disappeared into a secret tunnel as King Lazarus made his way into the main meeting hall.

He found Rayne, Lyris, Declan, Calla, Lady Stella, Lord Theon, Lord Duncan and Lady Audra already in there. Rayne and Lyris looked pale and visibly shaken and he knew it was because Zan and Riordan were out in the battle.

Everyone stood as the King entered. He motioned for all of them to sit down. He addressed his closest family and friends, “I will see what is going on.”

However before he could move, Riordan and Zan burst through one of the secret doorways.

Riordan, who was in general mode, spoke, “We are under complete seige. Battleships from Hadrea have landed and taken over all of our ports. Their army is under the command of General Kry of Hadrea and…” Riordan paused as he looked at Zan.

Zan’s eyes darkened with anger, “Cole. He is behind this entire attack.”

An audible gasp was heard from everyone in the room. Before anyone could react a violent blast blew open the door and Cole stormed into the room. His eyes were completely black and void of any emotion except absolute rage. He scanned the crowd and when his eyes landed on Rayne he smiled.

The Queen who should have been halfway to the secret lab watched from a hidden spot in the wall as Cole walked over to Rayne and grabbed her roughly by the arm. She watched as Zan went to fight Cole but to her horror Cole made a motion with his hand and ten soldiers appeared inside the room.

The soldiers shackled everyone in the room except for Rayne and then they disappeared.

Lord Duncan and Lady Audra pleaded with their son to stop the attack while Lyris screamed at her brother. Declan sat quietly. He blamed himself for this. The Queen had warned him and he knew that they should have told everyone last night about what could happen.

Lady Stella and Lord Theon were also pleading with Cole but all of the pleas fell on deaf ears.

When Cole spoke the whole room grew quiet.

“I am going to be the King of Antar. I have been planning this since I was sixteen with the kingdom of Hadrea. Hadrea and Antar will be the main planets in the universe after today’s attacks. I will rule this solar system with King Titan of Hadrea. However, I cannot rule alone.” He paused his speech and gripped Rayne harder as he pulled her to his side and then continued to his speech, “Rayne will be my queen.”

An uproar was heard from the shackled families as Rayne tried to pull out of Cole’s grasp. He looked at her and smiled spitefully, “I have watched you grow up and have wanted you since the moment you turned 13. Only it was Zan who had you.”

The Queen, who was still watching and listening realized that Cole was jealous and would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. To her horror, she realized that he was going to take it.

Cole looked at his so called family and friends that were shackled. He release Rayne as he moved towards them. He started with the King. He took out his sword and rammed it through King Lazarus’ heart. The room erupted in screams and cries. The Queen held back the bile that rose in her throat. She watched as Cole slaughtered Lord Theon and Lady Stella next. Then he murdered his parents without even a second glance. She saw him hesitate when he reached Calla and Declan.

Declan just watched his brother. He felt his anger and hatred toward him build. He whispered loving words to Calla who sobbed endlessly. As Cole stood in front of him he hesitated. Declan stared defiantly up at him. He felt Cole’s sword pierce his skin and heard Calla’s sobs turn into screams and then all was dark.

Calla watched as Cole murdered her husband. She stopped her sobbing and screaming as Cole came to stand in front of her. He reached out to caress her face but she shrank away from his touch. Before she could move, Cole ran his sword through her heart and she was enveloped in darkness.

Lyris could not believe her brother could do this. Tears were flowing down her face but she did not make a sound. She shared a look with Riordan that conveyed exactly how she felt to him. She closed her eyes, refusing to look at Cole. She accepted her fate and her last thoughts were of Riordan. She felt a sharp burning pain in her chest and heard Riordan screaming as she sank into the darkness.

Riordan screamed at Cole, “You will pay. Do you hear me? You will pay for this.”

Riordan couldn’t breath as his sobs shook his body. He felt a small body cover his and he opened his eyes to see that his sister had flung herself on top of him.

She pleaded with Cole, “Please do not hurt him. Stop this. Let Zan heal them. Please.” She sobbed.

Cole kneeled down to be eye level to her, “Princess, they are already dead. You are going to be mine. I am going to claim you as mine right now, in front of your brother and your precious Zan. I am going to kill them after I claim you because they will die knowing tha they could not save you or themselves. Than I am going to go to the lab where the Queen is hiding out and kill her.”

Rayne cried out as Cole grabbed her. He ripped her nightgown off of her and forced himself upon her. Riordan couldn’t watch so he closed his eyes but continued to scream out his wrath at Cole. Zan’s eyes never left Rayne’s. She was silent the entire time and he knew that at that moment their lifetime of happiness was gone. When Cole had finished he went to stand up but stopped mid way up. He grabbed Rayne and punched her in the face. He proceeded to beat her until she was almost unconscious. Riordan and Zan watched helplessly as Cole picked her up and threw her into Zan. She landed with a thud on the ground.

“You stupid bitch. You are pregnant. You can not be my Queen while carrying a bastard child. That will never work.”

Cole turned around to think for a moment. Zan looked down into Rayne’s eyes. He could see that she was close to dying and he started to cry. He felt Rayne’s hand on his knee and their connection flared to life. He heard Rayne’s voice in his head, “Zan, all my life it has always been you. I wish we could have had our lifetime of happiness but always remember that I will love you. You are my home, without you I am not whole.” He could feel all of her love for him surround him.

Rayne knew she was dying, but she wanted to make sure that Zan had no doubts about her love for him. She accepted her fate and would not cry. She would not show weakness to Cole. She heard Zan’s voice in her head, “Rayne, my angel, my love, my princess. I promise you that we will be together one day. We may not have it in this lifetime, but I promise that I will come for you. It will always be you because you are my home. I promise you with everything that I am that I will find you again. Now close your eyes and think about our wedding day. Remember how happy we were. Close your eyes and just remember” As Zan finished he sent her all of his love for her. He looked down to see her eyes closed and small smile on her lips and then he watched her life slip away.

He looked to Riordan who was just staring at his little sister. Riordan looked up and met Zan’s eyes. Both held such anger and rage towards the man who was standing in front of them. Their powers were useless and they could not escape. Cole had placed a device in the room which made them powerless against him and his powers. Once Rayne had died Cole turned around. He watched the Prince and his second in command for a moment. Then he went and stood in front of them. He did not hesitate in killing them. He killed Riordan first and then Zan.

Cole looked at all of the bodies in the room then shouted for one of the soldiers, “Take the bodies to the courtyard and let the people of Antar see what has become of their precious royal family and beloved friends. I am going to the lab to get Queen Esme.”

The Queen came out of her shock as she heard this and started on her journey to the secret lab. She knew that she had to hurry because Cole would find the lab sooner rather than later.

Chapter 8: A Last Attempt

Queen Esme ran down all of the secret passageways to the lab. As she entered the lab out of breath she found Nya already waiting for her.

Nya gave her a small bow before speaking to her, “We are getting the ships ready. I know that the pods are still developing but we don’t have any time. The protectors have already been sent so that they may receive the pods. Diane was sent to receive the first set on the planet Earth in New York City. Jeff was sent to Earth, however he is in Roswell, New Mexico to receive the second set. Declan and I had discussed locations a few days ago and decided that those two places are the best.”

The Queen nodded her agreement, “Declan and I had also discussed locations and I agreed with him on those locations too. I wanted there to be two locations because it is too great a risk to send all six to one location. If something happens to one set at least there are the others. And Earth is perfect because Cole would never think to look there if he ever finds out about the pods.”

Nya responded, “All of the evidence is destroyed. The computers have all been destroyed and nothing can ever be recovered. We are just putting the finishing touches on everything…” Before she could finish a blast shook the building.

Queen Esme’s face paled, “We are out of time. We need to hurry.”

Nya took off and started to bark out orders to everyone. The lab suddenly became a flurry of activity.

Queen Esme looked around at the chaos surrounding her in the lab. Technicians were running everywhere as the blasts outside shook the entire lab. Nya, the head technician caught the Queen’s attention.

“Queen Esme,” Nya bowed, “we are ready.”

Epilogue: The Protectors

Diane stowed the pods away in the sewers of New York City. She knew that they would not hatch until 1983. So, she went and made a living for herself. She kept a low profile and moved jobs every so often because she couldn’t explain why she didn’t age. She looked like she was 30 and her aging process would not start until the pods hatched. She moved around a lot but checked on the pods once a month. The year before the pods hatched she became a professor of Astronomy at the University of New York City. She met and fell in love with a 31 year old, hot shot attorney. She knew her job was to protect them and raise the children when they hatched, but she also wanted happiness. She and Philip Evans were married six months before the pods hatched. Diane knew that she could provide the children with a happy, stable home and prepare them for the journey ahead of them. She kept in touch with Jeff and waited until the day that they would hatch.

Jeff also knew his job was to protect the pods and raise the children but he also met someone. In 1982, the year before the pods hatched he opened an alien-themed restaurant, the Crash-Down and married a smart woman, Nancy. Jeff figured that he had moved around enough the past 35 years. He too looked as if he were 30 and his aging process would begin when the children hatched. Jeff had settled in Roswell and thought that he would join in the alien hoopla because they would blend in better.

In 1983, Jeff went to the desert at sunset where he watched and waited for the pods to hatch. Diane went to the sewers and sat and waited for the pods to hatch. At sunrise August 1st, 1983 the pods started to hatch. Diane and Jeff watched amazed as the children emerged. Fate was appeased for now. Lives would be avenged and lovers would be reunited, Destiny would win in the end, but no one could have known what would happen in between.